PDA

View Full Version : Dragon: Motherly Love LeaderBoard Event May 3 2016

Pages : 1 [2] 3

amuletmoon
05-04-16, 05:22 PM
It was a terrible idea to put a Mother's Day dragon as the prize in a Leaderboard event. I'm a mother, and I really wanted this dragon, but now I have no hope. I don't appreciate that I'm grouped with level 170-180 islands either when I'm only level 130. There shouldn't be more than a 20 level gap in my opinion.

random59
05-04-16, 06:11 PM
I don't mind that players using real money to obtain the final prize BUT I think that all players should receive Mothers Day dragon for partaking and who comes 1st on Leaderboard gets a Gold Cup, 2nd a Silver cup, 3rd a Bronze cup and the rest of the players get ribbons. Then everybody should be happy to participate in this event except I suppose Storm8 as they would lose out on their $$$$$$$.

ievuxia
05-04-16, 06:23 PM
So they call it a fun Mother's day event when most of us won't even get the Mama dragon?? Wow it's really nice of you S8! Such a beautiful gift for us on such a special holiday. I simply adore this dragon and there's no way I'm gonna get it. Leaderboards are so much fun, yeah!..

DsDan12
05-04-16, 06:56 PM
It doesn't have to be rigged. You just spend gold on speed hatching eggs from the market.

For example, if you buy 241 water eggs and speed hatch them, you get 8,676 points for hatching them.

Total cost:
241 x 10,000 coins = 2,410,000 coins
241 x 12 gold for hatching = 2,892 gold
241 x 20 seconds to buy each egg and speed hatch it = 1 hour 20 minutes 20 seconds total (if done nonstop)
Cost of 2900 gold at 30% off = US $69.99

Note that this requires only one nest and would have the effect of looking like the nest is empty most of the time.

That maths I can believe, but please explain how someone can go from about 1200 points to over 20000 in two hours?? I don't see how that is possible without spending obscene amounts of real world money!

debrasbistro
05-04-16, 07:17 PM
Took a dragon out of the evolution temple after many hours and got 0 points. Oh joy.

tammybfarm
05-04-16, 07:41 PM
The leader in my group has had well over 4,300 points since early today.

groovyedwin
05-04-16, 07:53 PM
In my group of 20, there are 3 islands on roids. One spent a minimum of 800 gold earlier today. Two others are in tow but not to the same extent. Recently number three dropped out.

Island Names are Arches23, Zander's island, and fireblood isle. (these are not user names)

Took a peak at their message boards. Feel sad for them.

First has only 2 postings for the last month and is bluffing with their expendentures.

Second has only 1 posting since September of 2015.

And, third has about 3 postings per day. But just posted new leaderboard event is not their cup of tea.

Story of my life with No Motherly Love. Just Motherly wanting you to hate her. So its all good with me.

jjblueyes
05-04-16, 08:04 PM
The leader in my group has had well over 4,300 points since early today.

Leader in my group is near 19000. Started out with hardly anything this morning.

chloesisland
05-04-16, 08:06 PM
The top two players within my group are both in excess of 50,000 points.

roguebee
05-04-16, 08:17 PM
Some people have all the excitement. My Leaderboard shows First Place has 782. Pretty laid back group.

I'm solidly on track to get Snowfall. (Need to average 315 per Event Day to reach that milestone. Figure 458 per day to get Duchess.)

jjblueyes
05-04-16, 08:36 PM

That's insanity. Sorry. At that point why? Is the trophy worth hundreds? Why battle for one and two? Unless there's a 3rd pushing it up that really feels like over****. Maybe I'm missing something. Well you got me beat. Enjoy the show. :)

Lurker2
05-04-16, 08:49 PM
It doesn't have to be rigged. You just spend gold on speed hatching eggs from the market.

For example, if you buy 241 water eggs and speed hatch them, you get 8,676 points for hatching them.

Total cost:
241 x 10,000 coins = 2,410,000 coins
241 x 12 gold for hatching = 2,892 gold
241 x 20 seconds to buy each egg and speed hatch it = 1 hour 20 minutes 20 seconds total (if done nonstop)

Note that this requires only one nest and would have the effect of looking like the nest is empty most of the time.

That maths I can believe, but please explain how someone can go from about 1200 points to over 20000 in two hours?? I don't see how that is possible without spending obscene amounts of real world money!

Taking the same example to 2 hours and using the 2x, 2 hour boost:
2 hours allows time for 360 water eggs at 20 seconds each for buying, speed hatching, and selling off the nest

Total cost:
360 x 10,000 coins = 3,600,000 coins

360 x 12 gold each for speed hatching = 4,320 gold
30 gold for 2x, 2 hour boost
Total gold spent: 4,350

Cost of 1400 gold at 30% off = US $34.99
Cost of 120 gold at 20% off = US $3.99
Total cost of gold = US $108.97

Remaining gold: 70

Base points for hatching 360 water eggs = 12,960

Points for hatching 360 water eggs with 2x boost = 25,920

seisurreal
05-04-16, 08:57 PM
I don't mind that players using real money to obtain the final prize BUT I think that all players should receive Mothers Day dragon for partaking and who comes 1st on Leaderboard gets a Gold Cup, 2nd a Silver cup, 3rd a Bronze cup and the rest of the players get ribbons. Then everybody should be happy to participate in this event except I suppose Storm8 as they would lose out on their $$$$$$$.

Yes! Just 2 out of 20 players get the ultimate MAMA dragon! That is only 10% per grouping with plenty of gold spendings over 7 days!

Agree that the trophy win of gold, silver and bronze would be fair prizes to acknowledge their lead and participation in this event.

The MAMA should be a milestone that we can all be eligible to get if we reached a certain number of credits!

// Totally dislike it when I got roped in this event which I do not want to know and see!

// Could TL/S8 do a opt out option to all players before the start of event? ★ TY! ★

blackeneddove
05-04-16, 09:04 PM
Yes! Just 2 out of 20 players get the MAMA dragon as prize! That is only 10% per grouping with plenty of gold spendings over 7 days!

Agree that the trophy win of gold, silver and bronze would be fair prizes to acknowledge their participation.

The MAMA should be a milestone that we can all be eligible to get if we reached a certain number of credits!

// Could TL/S8 do a opt out option to all players before the start of event? ★

// Totally dislike it when I got roped in to be in this event which I do not want to know and see!

// Please have the next event improved, TY! ★

Yep. A tiny trophy prize is definitely not worth the effort and gold spending - versus a limited, exclusive dragon that only 2 people per group get to win. If it was changed as you suggest, it would definitely cut down on the gold players use. Probably not in S8's goals for the event lol ;)

seisurreal
05-04-16, 09:23 PM
Yep. A tiny trophy prize is definitely not worth the effort and gold spending - versus a limited, exclusive dragon that only 2 people per group get to win. If it was changed as you suggest, it would definitely cut down on the gold players use. Probably not in S8's goals for the event lol ;)

S8 would need to know that player support and substantially is far better in the long run than the short term gold gains earned in this event!

tammybfarm
05-04-16, 09:24 PM
Leader in my group is near 19000. Started out with hardly anything this morning.

Oh GEESSS, I`m not buying into this. I will carry on with the my game as usual. I do buy gold once in a while and sometimes buy the limited time package. But this trying to out do one another is not my thing.

MaribouMay
05-04-16, 09:31 PM

Same for my group. The top person is at 65,000 now. We are not even 1.5 days into this event; where will it end? On the upside, since I have no chance at the Mama dragon, I have little stress about this event. Does that mean this leaderboard event is inadvertently improved over the last one?

mimbiville2
05-04-16, 11:19 PM
The top two in my group are already up to 7642 and 3210 points, so at least I know from early on that I have no chance of winning in my group.

I have not had good luck breeding for Duchess, so she is my goal for the event.
Update, the same top two in my group are now up to 11,204 and 5,162, with the third place player at 1,984. The top player currently has the 2x boost and the extra breeding area activated. Certainly not as crazy as people who have over 50,000 points that others have posted about.

I'm a little disappointed that I won't be able to get the top prize, but I'm used to disappointment in TL games. I am thankful for the free habitat and other dragons that I will be getting, and will use this week to grow food for the next storybook adventure.

feonalily
05-05-16, 12:05 AM
My group is either broke, wants to play fair, or biding their time with gold spending till the end. First place has 700 points and I'm in third with 600

Ratisorn
05-05-16, 12:06 AM
Leader?30678

mimbiville2
05-05-16, 01:52 AM
Leader?30678
I want to be in your group, lol.

Sandybellee
05-05-16, 01:52 AM
Leader?30678

Congrats on getting a great group! I'm currently 15th with 968 points, lol! :D There are 4 (soon 5) people with over 2000 points and about 10 have been boosting.

I'm not spending any gold on this. It will be interesting to see how far I get with the milestones.

Bastiaan0
05-05-16, 02:28 AM
Last fleaderboard event I won Skylord, so maybe I'm wromg but I thought it was possible to buy Skylord after the event was over, just like in tales if you didn't get the final prize... So why on earth would you spend tons of gold to obtain points while you can buy Mama in the end, probably costing only a fraction of what some spend for the points? For the trophy? It's just decor... For prestige? It just raises anger...

So please, if you want Mama anyhow, wait till the event is over and buy it from the market. Let other people have fun!

Sandybellee
05-05-16, 02:35 AM
Last fleaderboard event I won Skylord, so maybe I'm wromg but I thought it was possible to buy Skylord after the event was over, just like in tales if you didn't get the final prize... So why on earth would you spend tons of gold to obtain points while you can buy Mama in the end, probably costing only a fraction of what some spend for the points? For the trophy? It's just decor... For prestige? It just raises anger...

So please, if you want Mama anyhow, wait till the event is over and buy it from the market. Let other people have fun!
I don't think it can be bought. Skylord wasn't offered after the last event.

Bastiaan0
05-05-16, 02:46 AM
I don't think it can be bought. Skylord wasn't offered after the last event.

Then it will be on my suggestion list on fleaderboard events for S8...
Got a few others:
1) Although IOS and Android are "seperated", IOS still has the advantage of reaching milestones easier. Besides that if you play both systems one can start the event on Android and play on IOS still being grouped with Android players. Why not skip earning points in the Arctic Isles at all? Or finally make the Arctics available for Androids :p
2) When speeding up, just give points for the real time elapsed, e.g. if you speed a Water egg after 6 hours, you'll get 18 points instead of the full 36. I'm pretty sure S8 can programm it that way.

julia88s
05-05-16, 03:08 AM
Mine was a good group we were all more or less 400/500 points .. today I open the game and the first has 4500 points .. what a shame! it would be a challenge .. I do not know if I will go on to play ..

DeeDe99
05-05-16, 03:33 AM
I've currently got 1,373 points. The leader is on 4,535. I'm 7th.

Ratisorn
05-05-16, 04:10 AM
I want to be in your group, lol.
Thank lucky group ,��

rasike
05-05-16, 05:06 AM
I have 1376 points and I am still a leader in my group. The second and the third place players are very close, and I saw them using boosts a couple of times. I still did not use any boosts, I just spent very little gold to speed up breeding, as I usually do when there are no events. I doubt I will win the main prize if I will not invest some gold in boosts. So far I can not complain about my group. I'm so sorry for people who have bad groups with players who have thousands of points.

sipland
05-05-16, 05:40 AM
main account:
The leaders in my grouping are at 21k, 18k, and 12k. With 1,100 I'm in 14th place. I'm ok with that as I'm just trying to get Duchess.

"Baby" account:
A totally different story here ... I'm (by one point) at the top of the leaderboard with just 802 points. A much more laid back grouping, but I expect some will pour it on at the end.

luckyaa7
05-05-16, 05:44 AM
I hatched 16 hours egg and didn't get any point. I force closed game but still nothing. I have 1651 points and currently at 8th.. I hope i can get all milestone..

jaymieb2
05-05-16, 06:43 AM
I have a magical knack for spinning the wheel! Yeah, I land on those stupid pink bushes twice a day. Grrr!!! Lol!

fhjigfrf
05-05-16, 07:24 AM
Looks like I'll be getting Snowfall with no problem. This morning I decided to try for Quetzal. Only took 4 Forest dragons and now I have a 32-hour timer. I should be able to hatch and evolve him once before the event ends, bringing my total to 1775, only 425 short. The evolutions and breeding I'll do while quetzal hatching and my second nest should easily cover that.

meoconlunar
05-05-16, 07:27 AM
My group

Idk how many gold did 哈萨克 used, but she grown about 4000 points in 2 hours ( just envolve & envolve)

Kennedward
05-05-16, 07:28 AM
People like to try and stake their claim early in these leaderboard events. There are a handful who tried it and are going to get stung for it on my board. Leader yesterday had 3000+ within a couple hours and is now almost doubled up by 1st and 2nd. A few others are in the 2k range and had boosted early to try and scare people off.

I don't like saying it but the more people who get turned off by how these leaderboard events go the better.

Agreed

Speaking of which, just checked my group, now the points are roughly:
1. 8000
2. 1600
3. 1200
4. 800
5 to last all around 600 to 400

I didn't bother writing down to the exact points amount but just roughly since they'll end up changing anyways, but it's crazy how much gold and/or money the 1st place guy is spending.

I checked his island, although he has every gold producing dragon like me, at the rate he's spending it though, he would have spent most if not all of his gold saved up by the end of this event, so pretty sure he'll pay or has paid money for gold.

Natasha_07
05-05-16, 07:55 AM
It's a tight competition in my group, LOL! I'm currently in second place, every time I get to first I get knock down back. :)

Bastiaan0
05-05-16, 07:58 AM
Just received the 4th milestone. 16k coins. Yay, I'm so happy now :rolleyes:

farmday0123
05-05-16, 08:19 AM
So seen this event start late n will end by Tuesday 5pm or when? Please mod or elsa, let me know, thank you!

belarica
05-05-16, 08:19 AM
I want more resilient roses :( I didn't make enough during that tales. I keep landing on chests

Kami365
05-05-16, 08:38 AM
So far I have 2576.Good luck everyone.

roguebee
05-05-16, 08:41 AM
I want more resilient roses :( I didn't make enough during that tales. I keep landing on chests

You can have mine. I've collected them 3 times so far... :p

moonchild1987
05-05-16, 08:44 AM
I consider myself lucky (so far.) My group is very reasonable. Top player is at 17xx and he used 1 boost today, which has been the only boost used by anyone on my board so far. I'm in second with 1400. This has been a little better than Skylord, mostly because I let the idea of getting Mama go before the event even started. I just want to get the milestones. I barely got Pinata last time and I put a little extra planning in so I could ht the 630/day to get Mother. My biggest issues is the rollbacks and issues with the game being slow, which has never happened on my current devise except for the 2 leaderboard events. I've lost 2 Meteor dragons and 12pts, already. I hope if this event is here to stay that s8 can work on these things before rolling out the next event.

chitown25
05-05-16, 09:06 AM
Ok..someone in my group has 10,254 points :mad:

luckyaa7
05-05-16, 09:09 AM
You can have mine. I've collected them 3 times so far... :p

Mine too. I got it 3 times so far too.. Lol

tuffyjkitten
05-05-16, 09:11 AM
No one in my group as of 20 minutes ago had over 1000 points yet. I'm in 3rd with 829 or something very close to that. That will go up a bit when I can hatch the Alpine I didn't have a habitat for that is backing up my Arctic right now. And I managed to get a Beaded while trying for Birthstone with Air and Jade...odd outcome!

Where have we seen Snowfall before? Was that a limited breeding? I can't seem to find one on my island but it looks so familiar to me....

belarica
05-05-16, 09:20 AM
No one in my group as of 20 minutes ago had over 1000 points yet. I'm in 3rd with 829 or something very close to that. That will go up a bit when I can hatch the Alpine I didn't have a habitat for that is backing up my Arctic right now. And I managed to get a Beaded while trying for Birthstone with Air and Jade...odd outcome!

Where have we seen Snowfall before? Was that a limited breeding? I can't seem to find one on my island but it looks so familiar to me....

It was on a spin to win in December or January

mybunnytail
05-05-16, 10:09 AM
Is it just me or are others having problems with game not loading and constantly stopping? Mine doesn't want to load then when I start to do something fruitful shows up! I am constantly having to force close and restart. Seven spinning wheel can take up 5min of playing with before it starts to spin then many times won't stop spinning and I have to force close and start over. Getting so frustrating!

hungryres
05-05-16, 10:10 AM
Just received the 4th milestone. 16k coins. Yay, I'm so happy now :rolleyes:
Haha..
Coins as useful as tiles....
I got them both as my milestone too. Although I did not remember how many coins I got.

hungryres
05-05-16, 10:11 AM
Annoying that once again we have leaderboard event, cannot breed anything.
All I got are commons, love dragon, mist, firestorm ...urgh

jaymieb2
05-05-16, 10:12 AM
Thank you for posting your math. With a second nest, it looks like Snowfall should be a milestone I can reach without a lot of extraordinary effort. From what I remember about the first event, I think your bonus and spin numbers may be a bit low, but then we're talking about whether we can get to Duchess or not. So far today, the spin numbers are optimistic as only have collected points once on 4 spins between two accounts.

Sadly, 70 per day for bonus and spin numbers (I kind of combined them in my head, and separated them in my post) is not low for me. So far, I have spun pink bushes 4 times (Resilient Roses), multiple food, multiple coins, and I keep breeding commons... I did spin a chest three times. The amounts were 91, 23, and 23. Paired with no Rare or better breeding results, makes an total of 137 for bonuses and spins - just under my 70 per day plan. *sigh* :-)

Good luck with Snowfall! :-)

Tigranne
05-05-16, 10:35 AM
Anybody else getting ripped off on points for hatching? Hatched a 13 hour, super rare and got 20 leaderboard points. Same thing is happening on my other islands.

tuffyjkitten
05-05-16, 11:19 AM
Anybody else getting ripped off on points for hatching? Hatched a 13 hour, super rare and got 20 leaderboard points. Same thing is happening on my other islands.

Are you going by the pop-up or the actual change in point totals? It seems to count things differently in the pop-ups, like it will say the hatching points but not the bonus or vice versa. And yes, points were glitchy last time as well. :(

[S8] Elsa
05-05-16, 11:25 AM

The little pop up doesn't show the full amount of points when you get the bonus, but you do get all of the Leaderboard Points that you're supposed to have. This is a known issue, which we plan to resolve in a future update.

freshfunin2008
05-05-16, 11:27 AM
Elsa;1289921']The little pop up doesn't show the full amount of points when you get the bonus, but you do get all of the Leaderboard Points that you're supposed to have. This is a known issue, which we plan to resolve in a future update.

My guess is that it will be fixed for the Father's Day Leader board event. LOL

blueangel826
05-05-16, 11:39 AM
Remember reading a post by FlatFoot on the thread announcing this 2nd Leaderboard event was coming & said groups would be divided for fairness. Two of the criteria were: 1) Separating iOS & Android players, & 2) Players close in levels together. Haven't read every post on this thread due to volume so not sure how many groups are far from equal using above from FlatFoot. Whether S8 & others realize OR will admit it, playing DS on Android vs iOS is similar to "nerds, geeks, or whatever the label was in school" compared to "jocks , cheerleaders, etc "! DS started only on iOS & later released for Android, but Android never had equal features & advantages. Like in school where jocks, cheerleaders, & the popular clique bullied & thought they were better than the nerds, geeks, etc ! Four yrs later, Android is still without equal features that iPhones & iPads have on DS! Must be known to be 1 of 2 criteria used to divide groups for this event ! My group is 3 to1 Android.& lvls range from approx 115 - 198 (I'm 130). FAR FROM CLOSE! ☆LEADER IS iOS IN 190'S RANGE☆ We can't breed on Arctic Isles & main island, & with experience gap, etc, no Android can catch her. I didn't mention the⬆gold spenders. Sorry for novel but will S8 ever make DS equal for all? Please don't remove this as it validates Androids inequalities in Leaderboard event. Thanks & hope the brilliant IT group read this & work to give equal features to all loyal S8 customers ♡

freshfunin2008
05-05-16, 11:44 AM
Over night one of my leader boards went from all users under 2000 ...... to 5000, 3500, and a couple in the high 2000s. Can we say BOOST!

freshfunin2008
05-05-16, 11:46 AM
Remember reading a post by FlatFoot on the thread announcing this 2nd Leaderboard event was coming & said groups would be divided for fairness. Two of the criteria were: 1) Separating iOS & Android players, & 2) Players close in levels together. Haven't read every post on this thread due to volume so not sure how many groups are far from equal using above from FlatFoot. Whether S8 & others realize OR will admit it, playing DS on Android vs iOS is similar to "nerds, geeks, or whatever the label was in school" compared to "jocks , cheerleaders, etc "! DS started only on iOS & later released for Android, but Android never had equal features & advantages. Like in school where jocks, cheerleaders, & the popular clique bullied & thought they were better than the nerds, geeks, etc ! Four yrs later, Android is still without equal features that iPhones & iPads have on DS! Must be known to be 1 of 2 criteria used to divide groups for this event ! My group is 3 to1 Android.& lvls range from approx 115 - 198 (I'm 130). FAR FROM CLOSE! ☆LEADER IS iOS IN 190'S RANGE☆ We can't breed on Arctic Isles & main island, & with experience gap, etc, no Android can catch her. I didn't mention the⬆gold spenders. Sorry for novel but will S8 ever make DS equal for all? Please don't remove this as it validates Androids inequalities in Leaderboard event. Thanks & hope the brilliant IT group read this & work to give equal features to all loyal S8 customers ♡

Maybe they will get it right for the next one next month. Can you stay Father's Day Leader Board Event?? LOL

jjblueyes
05-05-16, 01:00 PM
My guess is that it will be fixed for the Father's Day Leader board event. LOL

Bite your tongue! Great a papa to go with mama who's costing people in my group 100's of dollars. Number 1 is near 22000 and 2 was 16000 this morning but the boost is on and now over 18000. I honestly don't get this. I thought the last one was bad. This is 3times worse.
I think I'm more sad then anything but dissapointed, cranky is are the next feelings. 5 more days of this. Wonder how far my peeps will go for no reason. 1st and 2nd are going to take it so why continue to boost and battle over a trophy? ?

9krm
05-05-16, 01:04 PM

I'm 3rd last with over 900 points. :(
I hope I get the snowfall dragon. He's cute. Don't care much about the others.

Tigranne
05-05-16, 01:49 PM
Understood on the pop up vrs reality. However if any of you can divide 3 into 20 evenly then let me know. 20 points for hatching a super rare at 13 hours just doesn't compute to me. Again I guess my question should be, how do you get 20 points for hatching ANY dragon? Supposed to get 3 for every hour. ???
Oh, and I did check my stats and it actually did go up the 20 points and no more. Huh??

snowyhillz
05-05-16, 02:43 PM
Understood on the pop up vrs reality. However if any of you can divide 3 into 20 evenly then let me know. 20 points for hatching a super rare at 13 hours just doesn't compute to me. Again I guess my question should be, how do you get 20 points for hatching ANY dragon? Supposed to get 3 for every hour. ???
Oh, and I did check my stats and it actually did go up the 20 points and no more. Huh??
The 20 points is the bonus you received for the super rare, you will have also got 13x3 for the hatching which will not have had a pop up but will have been added to your total

chewingthecud
05-05-16, 02:47 PM
Ok - so for something completely different - a positive post -

So if I am reading the posts right, the last individual prize is the mother dragon - aka the one they brought out last Mother's Day. Well at least that is something - we all therefore have the chance to get a mother for the Mother's Day event so that makes me feel much better.

As mentioned in my past posts, I am not even going to try to win the Leaderboard Dragon - I am just playing the game as per normal and the only competing I am doing is with myself and the timer to try and get the mother dragon. I actually consider myself very lucky as I have about 500 dragons and I don't have any of the three on offer so this is actually a really nice quest for me. Once you have so many dragons, getting any more from breeding is almost impossible.

So my message is - you don't have to complete - just play your game and go for the dragons you want. It is all personal choice as to if a player uses their own real money to get one extra dragon. Just because others do it, does not mean everyone else has to. So, as the young ones say - chill everyone and enjoy! Happy Mother's Day to all those mother's out there!:)

rlggnn
05-05-16, 03:22 PM
Hey, so I just hatched a topaz dragon and it only gave me 10 points yet it was on the nest for like 20 hrs, so shouldn't I have gotten way more points? Or are crafted dragons an exception? Info says 3 points per hour...

lnztrekfan
05-05-16, 03:26 PM
Just an interesting observation, well I found it interesting;) last event on one of my islands I won skylord with 2004 points using one 7 gold boost and won by 192 points. I was in first or second place the entire time. I haven't hatched skylord yet. This go round this island is in a group of 20 with at least 6 skylord winners. I visited their islands so they each have either the trophy or skylord out. As I said I never hatched her so that makes at least 7 skylord winners in one group! :) Who knows if any of the others are past winners but I found it interesting we were all in same group. This time someone jumped out to 3000 on first day and most are playing catch up. I'm currently 19th with a whopping 592 points! Lol! First has 3400ish second has 1800is and the rest are between 1200 and 514. Even with previous winners I think we all have similar playing style. There is level differences and different number of roosts and I have no clue about arctic island. I didn't notice any of the dragon ages things either. I've never unlocked that on any of my isles. Now obviously we are in early days so they could be waiting to see how the game plays but still not in a bad group.

And on my baby island I also won Skylord with 1755 and won by 33 only spent 7 gold. This time in a group of 20 there are a confirmed 11 skylord winners. Probably more just can't see trophy or dragon. I Never hatched Skylord on this one either. All similar levels. And all points around 1000 or below.

Have any other Skylord winners noticed if they are grouped with previous winners?

Niire
05-05-16, 04:03 PM

So if I am reading the posts right, the last individual prize is the mother dragon - aka the one they brought out last Mother's Day. Well at least that is something - we all therefore have the chance to get a mother for the Mother's Day event so that makes me feel much better.

As mentioned in my past posts, I am not even going to try to win the Leaderboard Dragon - I am just playing the game as per normal and the only competing I am doing is with myself and the timer to try and get the mother dragon. I actually consider myself very lucky as I have about 500 dragons and I don't have any of the three on offer so this is actually a really nice quest for me. Once you have so many dragons, getting any more from breeding is almost impossible.

So my message is - you don't have to complete - just play your game and go for the dragons you want. It is all personal choice as to if a player uses their own real money to get one extra dragon. Just because others do it, does not mean everyone else has to. So, as the young ones say - chill everyone and enjoy! Happy Mother's Day to all those mother's out there!:)

This is exactly what I have decided to do with these events. I really love the idea of the milestones, and in fact wish we could have like, polls for which dragons folks wanted to see on them, so the higher level players can hopefully get some input and feel like they're not being totally outcast by these. You might think that "Well, the higher level players could go for the leaderboard prize"...but I tell ya,. from what I've seen, unless you're prepared to pay hundreds of rl money to get THAT one? yeah...not gonna happen hehe. So I kick back and watch, and try as hard as I can to get the milestone grand prize!! :p

snowyhillz
05-05-16, 04:12 PM

That's exactly what I am doing ��������

snowyhillz
05-05-16, 04:17 PM
Hey, so I just hatched a topaz dragon and it only gave me 10 points yet it was on the nest for like 20 hrs, so shouldn't I have gotten way more points? Or are crafted dragons an exception? Info says 3 points per hour...

Only the bonus points have a pop up, the hatching points will be added to your total but it doesn't have a pop up.... S8 have said they will fix this in future events

m545cli
05-05-16, 04:28 PM
Ok..someone in my group has 10,254 points :mad:

First place in my group ~10,500, with second at ~5,000. Third is not far behind. First place is boosting currently. One of those has info on their wall about how much gold they spent during the last leaderboard event. At least I know to not even try and compete!

m545cli
05-05-16, 04:34 PM
This is exactly what I have decided to do with these events. I really love the idea of the milestones, and in fact wish we could have like, polls for which dragons folks wanted to see on them, so the higher level players can hopefully get some input and feel like they're not being totally outcast by these. You might think that "Well, the higher level players could go for the leaderboard prize"...but I tell ya,. from what I've seen, unless you're prepared to pay hundreds of rl money to get THAT one? yeah...not gonna happen hehe. So I kick back and watch, and try as hard as I can to get the milestone grand prize!! :p

I have decided that too! No way that I can compete financially with some of the people in my group! I'm so glad that they made it obvious from the beginning! I'm just going to play my game, try to get what I want and maybe pick up some free food along the way! I'm having time to evolve some dragons I wanted to level up...so now, I'm ready for the next event...haha! I hope that all the mothers can enjoy the weekend and get whatever it is that they hope for! :)

rlggnn
05-05-16, 05:45 PM
Just an interesting observation, well I found it interesting;) last event on one of my islands I won skylord with 2004 points using one 7 gold boost and won by 192 points. I was in first or second place the entire time. I haven't hatched skylord yet. This go round this island is in a group of 20 with at least 6 skylord winners. I visited their islands so they each have either the trophy or skylord out. As I said I never hatched her so that makes at least 7 skylord winners in one group! :) Who knows if any of the others are past winners but I found it interesting we were all in same group. This time someone jumped out to 3000 on first day and most are playing catch up. I'm currently 19th with a whopping 592 points! Lol! First has 3400ish second has 1800is and the rest are between 1200 and 514. Even with previous winners I think we all have similar playing style. There is level differences and different number of roosts and I have no clue about arctic island. I didn't notice any of the dragon ages things either. I've never unlocked that on any of my isles. Now obviously we are in early days so they could be waiting to see how the game plays but still not in a bad group.

And on my baby island I also won Skylord with 1755 and won by 33 only spent 7 gold. This time in a group of 20 there are a confirmed 11 skylord winners. Probably more just can't see trophy or dragon. I Never hatched Skylord on this one either. All similar levels. And all points around 1000 or below.

Have any other Skylord winners noticed if they are grouped with previous winners?

Yes, I have also noticed that I am grouped with previous winners. Unfortunately, they are also players who like to spend a lot of gold while I do not.

roguebee
05-05-16, 07:41 PM

Did you check your total before you hatched the dragon, or just rely on the pop up for the information? The way it has been working is if you hatch a common dragon, the pop up announces how many points you get for the time on the nest (3x24 or 72 in your case). If you hatch a rare, super rare, or ultra rare, the pop up announcing the bonus points appears right over the pop up for the breeding points. You don't see two separate pop ups, one for time and one for bonus. Causing lots of confusion.

chewingthecud
05-05-16, 07:46 PM
Yes I am also a previous winner and many in my group also have the Skylord Dragon. It is a really competitive group with many boosts being used and the leaders around 3500points. I am languishing at 2200 but as I mentioned, I am just playing for the individual prizes so I don't care. So yes, maybe the groupings have something to do with your final standing in the last leadership event.

porkchomp
05-05-16, 08:02 PM
Yes, I have also noticed that I am grouped with previous winners. Unfortunately, they are also players who like to spend a lot of gold while I do not.

Same here. Brilliant move by the developers. I won skylord spending less than 50 gold. How do you get people that spent hundreds of gold to spend more? Make them compete against each other!

chewingthecud
05-05-16, 08:11 PM
Same here. Brilliant move by the developers. I won skylord spending less than 50 gold. How do you get people that spent hundreds of gold to spend more? Make them compete against each other!

Totally agree - I think that is exactly what S8 has decided to do.

chitown25
05-05-16, 09:05 PM
First place in my group ~10,500, with second at ~5,000. Third is not far behind. First place is boosting currently. One of those has info on their wall about how much gold they spent during the last leaderboard event. At least I know to not even try and compete!

You and me both...And they do not have any gold dragons but are boosting....So either they are really good at saving gold or I am working at the wrong place lol.. I just want the spring habitat then I am good.

Norelisa
05-05-16, 09:24 PM
I'm android player, competing with ios players.. didn't think this would be the case :/ I guess I'll hope to get to 2200 points and get the habitat and the cute dragon at 2200.. I already got Duchess recently, and 4400 points won't happen...

Just trying to forget how cute the winner dragon is this time :(

cherrycastleorchard
05-05-16, 10:16 PM
Not happy, why would you block me from obtaining new habitats when trying to play in the mama dragon event, now I cannot compete. Just hope I can get some of the milestone prizes to make it worthwhile playing.

kga2012
05-05-16, 10:20 PM
I wanted to know that are we getting the bonus for hatching an ultra rare dragon like the supersonic dragon even though it is an unbreedable dragon

MTGbaker
05-05-16, 11:59 PM
These events are awful and completely unfair. I absolutely adore the mama dragon and was dying to win her...but as it currently stands the leader in my group is over 11,000 points, seconf is over 7,000, and third is almost 5,000 while im here in fourth with oh only about 2,500 and the only reason i have that many is because i bought a bood and spent over 300 gold that i had saved from the last time i bought gold. Now i truly have no problem spending money on my dragon story solely because i love it and want to support it but this even makes it impossible to actually win without spending outrageous amounts of gold and money to win. The events themselves wont make me stop playing this game but the need to stop now. I really had my hopes up at getting the mama dragon shes just so adorable. I wish she were a world event prize instead of this awful leaderboard prize.

cherrycastleorchard
05-06-16, 12:42 AM
I did not get anything for evolving in arctic isles

pernmagic
05-06-16, 12:54 AM
My group is reasonable, I have two in front but not a long way ahead, I sit happily 5-6-7 that's ok and am nearly at the habitat which I was after, much fairer than the last one for those who want to push ahead :)

mbyte68
05-06-16, 01:34 AM
thought i had a chance this time round but last 3 spins flowerbed :/ i give up

Dragosle
05-06-16, 02:08 AM
Welp. Second event, 3rd day and this time the top 2 of my group is nearly 2300 points each while the average of other below is only about 1000. Not too over-the-top but still...

I don't dislike the idea of an event that encourage a bit of competition between players. But seriously S8, if you're making a competitive event then you should at least keep in mind the most important factor: FAIRNESS.

In the Q&A section, I read that they will group players similar to each other so don't get intimidated. But honestly I don't how this "similar" part works. I myself only have 3 gold dragons, one nest, one breeding den and no diamond dragons and I was grouped with players who (currently the top of my group) have 4-6 gold dragons, 2-3 nests, and some even have 2nd breeding den and diamond dragons. Really?

I guess this pretty much conclude this event for me now :( For those who are LUCKY to be in a reasonable group, good luck to win the new dragon.

nicsdragonisle
05-06-16, 03:44 AM
Hi all! I hope this hasn't been brought up and I've missed it. if so, I apologize.
On 3 of our accounts, only 10 points gave been awarded for hatching: Cherry Blosson, Athletc, Hot Chocolate and Pearl. Is this happening with anyone else? It could have been happening occasionally from the beginning but I only caught it yesterday.
While I've no chance of winning (Leaders in the thousands again) on 2 of them, 1 has a chance. And I'd like to have all of the earned points to count toward the milestone rewards and food prizes.
Based on what I've read, the event will be over before Support can reply. Is this just happening with ours?

mimbiville2
05-06-16, 03:52 AM
I did not get anything for evolving in arctic isles
I am getting points for evolutions longer than 1 hour.

Sandybellee
05-06-16, 04:01 AM
Still in 15th position on my board with 1525 points. I'm definitely getting the habitat and possibly Snowfall too! :)

DeeDe99
05-06-16, 04:02 AM
Hi all! I hope this hasn't been brought up and I've missed it. if so, I apologize.
On 3 of our accounts, only 10 points gave been awarded for hatching: Cherry Blosson, Athletc, Hot Chocolate and Pearl. Is this happening with anyone else? It could have been happening occasionally from the beginning but I only caught it yesterday.
While I've no chance of winning (Leaders in the thousands again) on 2 of them, 1 has a chance. And I'd like to have all of the earned points to count toward the milestone rewards and food prizes.
Based on what I've read, the event will be over before Support can reply. Is this just happening with ours?

Nic, the bonus notification overlays the hatching notification. Check you balance before you hatch, I think you'll find you get the points added. Orrectly.

DeeDe99
05-06-16, 04:07 AM
Still in 15th position on my board with 1525 points. I'm definitely getting the habitat and possibly Snowfall too! :)

Got Snowfall today, on 2,403 in 7th place. The leader in our group is on 5,882 and a couple in the 4,000 range following. I do not like this event type at all. Not using boosts, but have seen others in my group use them.

Bastiaan0
05-06-16, 04:35 AM
It's not that I don't like this event, I really hate it :( Especially the fact that it is impossible to reach the last milestone without spending gold...
I don't mind spending a bit of gold, but only if I want to, making it my own choise to do so.
Currently on 1689 points, so on track to reach Duchess. But I already spend gold on speed breeding, even more than I usually do. Don't think I would get there without it.
I calculated I need an extra 900 points on top of what I'm supposed to get until the event ends to get to Mother, not counting in wheel prizes and hatching bonuses (not very lucky on the wheel and bred only 1 rare dragon, rest are commons).
I refuse to buy dragon ages, it's only decor after the event. So I'm thinking of activating the roost for 50 gold (funny, thought that was 100 :confused:). But that still requires some speed breeding... Don't know what to do. :(

sophiensissi
05-06-16, 05:40 AM
Bite your tongue! Great a papa to go with mama who's costing people in my group 100's of dollars. Number 1 is near 22000 and 2 was 16000 this morning but the boost is on and now over 18000. I honestly don't get this. I thought the last one was bad. This is 3times worse.
I think I'm more sad then anything but dissapointed, cranky is are the next feelings. 5 more days of this. Wonder how far my peeps will go for no reason. 1st and 2nd are going to take it so why continue to boost and battle over a trophy? ?

I suspect there is a lot more money bring spent on this one which means these competitions will be here to stay.

sophiensissi
05-06-16, 05:41 AM

It happened to me too and I read posts here that they're in the process of fixing it.

Kennedward
05-06-16, 06:00 AM
Just checked my group, they're now roughly:
1. 10,000
2. 2,000
3. 1,400
4 to last are all at around the 1,000 mark

No competition here, the 1st place guy will win for sure, I'm at the bottom and doesn't feel like spending gold to compete

littelprincess0313
05-06-16, 06:14 AM
Just checked my group, they're now roughly:
1. 10,000
2. 2,000
3. 1,400
4 to last are all at around the 1,000 mark

No competition here, the 1st place guy will win for sure, I'm at the bottom and doesn't feel like spending gold to compete

Ok as all these groups are crazy: i have a normal one (so far). Im just playimg DS for fun never spending money on it and im actually in the lead right now with 800... My only target is to get the first animal and the habitat :)
But this type of event is really stupid and it seems that it will be adapted in CS soon -.- and there I will be sad if I dont get everything (but im sure not gonna spend a tons of gems there!!)

lenasdinner
05-06-16, 06:25 AM
It's not that I don't like this event, I really hate it :( Especially the fact that it is impossible to reach the last milestone without spending gold...
I don't mind spending a bit of gold, but only if I want to, making it my own choise to do so.
Currently on 1689 points, so on track to reach Duchess. But I already spend gold on speed breeding, even more than I usually do. Don't think I would get there without it.
I calculated I need an extra 900 points on top of what I'm supposed to get until the event ends to get to Mother, not counting in wheel prizes and hatching bonuses (not very lucky on the wheel and bred only 1 rare dragon, rest are commons).
I refuse to buy dragon ages, it's only decor after the event. So I'm thinking of activating the roost for 50 gold (funny, thought that was 100 :confused:). But that still requires some speed breeding... Don't know what to do. :(

maybe when you have breeding or hatching and evolving neer the same time you should buy boost and double your points.make a plan as much as you can and even if you have to wait for maybe 1 or 2h I think it will be worth it.....someone else does that...
I'm just playin to do something wile this event,I know that I can't reach last milestone,the others I allready have.the only new to me is that habitat.I think I will reach that,maybe Snowfall witch I allready won in the spin to win.

Natasha_07
05-06-16, 06:30 AM
Once again last night was at the top, this morning I'm 3rd...! I don't really like this competition thing, I'm really doing it for the milestones, it would be nice to have that snowfall dragon. :)

lenasdinner
05-06-16, 06:40 AM
I wanted to know that are we getting the bonus for hatching an ultra rare dragon like the supersonic dragon even though it is an unbreedable dragon

I hatched today Supersonic,but I have no idea how much points got from that one.I was so lost with curent turnament and dident even put my mind in to it.so if anyone knows would like to know too....?

Niire
05-06-16, 07:15 AM

Yeah.. i don't want to touch the leaderboard, but perhaps i should have used one boost when doing my starry night breeding to get up to mother. But, i think i can still do it, even without more speed breed. :) It's only 50 gold right now to activate the roost? Not in game, I'll see if it is on mine too. If it is, I really hope they leave it at that price. 100 is steep, and I only reactivated it after buying it once, to try for valiant. I think, with the roost and the diamond temple, they should have a higher cost to get it initially, and have it lower cost after. That'd keep people from selling off their temples after they are done with them, and probably encourage people to re-use them.

simbalot
05-06-16, 07:35 AM
My leaderboard has
1. 33K
2. 22K
3-4. 8K

I'm currently 8th with 2K. I'm hoping to get the milestones, but may need to boost at the end to make it.

I do wonder if I'm in a group that has people who are more likely to spend gold/money. I did buy Valiant and the 4 Diamond habitat since I didn't have a diamond or champion but I can't imagine it's worth it to try get close to the top 2 in my group.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
05-06-16, 07:41 AM
I'm strictly playing for the milestone prizes and see the compettitve ones as a bonus if I get something. I am real close to being on pace to be able to get to the 4400. Need a little luck on breeding though.

fhjigfrf
05-06-16, 07:42 AM
I guess the smart strategy since we had a week's warning would have been to start breeding for Crusader since the fails are so short. Then have one evolving, one on each nest, and one breeding, all ready to collect when the event started. Then keep evolving the new ones to level 4 instead of evolving the same one to higher levels to save on food.

Next time!

Bastiaan0
05-06-16, 07:42 AM
maybe when you have breeding or hatching and evolving neer the same time you should buy boost and double your points.make a plan as much as you can and even if you have to wait for maybe 1 or 2h I think it will be worth it.....someone else does that...
I'm just playin to do something wile this event,I know that I can't reach last milestone,the others I allready have.the only new to me is that habitat.I think I will reach that,maybe Snowfall witch I allready won in the spin to win.

Thought of boosting as well, but it still costs gold... And yeah, it requires some planning, but that is something I actually don't mind ;)
I don't have Snowfall, but with three nests, evolving, breeding and a good start (evolving Valiant) that wasn't a problem in the first place.

Yeah.. i don't want to touch the leaderboard, but perhaps i should have used one boost when doing my starry night breeding to get up to mother. But, i think i can still do it, even without more speed breed. :) It's only 50 gold right now to activate the roost? Not in game, I'll see if it is on mine too. If it is, I really hope they leave it at that price. 100 is steep, and I only reactivated it after buying it once, to try for valiant. I think, with the roost and the diamond temple, they should have a higher cost to get it initially, and have it lower cost after. That'd keep people from selling off their temples after they are done with them, and probably encourage people to re-use them.

I never reactivated my roost (untill now, that is), bought it once and got Crusader and Quetzal from it. Now Diamond Prism and Neon are having fun in there for 11 hours, which definitely means a rare dragon. Hoping for Charisma as it is the only one from those outcomes which I don't have ;)

fhjigfrf
05-06-16, 07:45 AM
I wonder if they grouped everyone by how they did last time, not just the winners. My competition is a lot tougher this time around:

last place has 1000

I'm in 10th with 1800. Last time I was hardly ever below 6th.

The leader on my board has more diamond dragons than any other island I've ever seen. It's amazing.

ahomeforme
05-06-16, 08:01 AM
I'm only playing for the milestones prizes. Will boost once in a while to get to Mother dragon, but doubt I will make it in time. Still less than 1700 points now. Maybe I should have bought Dragon Ages. Maybe next time. However, calculating roughly, even with that thing, it's still not a guarantee to reach 4400. I really wonder how some players even get to over 10000.... Anyhow, at least 3 players on my leaders board are the first prize winners last round since they have the trophy displayed.

Kennedward
05-06-16, 08:14 AM
Ok as all these groups are crazy: i have a normal one (so far). Im just playimg DS for fun never spending money on it and im actually in the lead right now with 800... My only target is to get the first animal and the habitat :)
But this type of event is really stupid and it seems that it will be adapted in CS soon -.- and there I will be sad if I dont get everything (but im sure not gonna spend a tons of gems there!!)

Nice to see someone agrees with me in not spending any money :D

Kennedward
05-06-16, 08:15 AM
It seems a lot of people are playing for milestones only, which is what I do but I'm not eager to get all milestone rewards

That said, with only 4400 needed to win them all, it doesn't seem that hard to do

stashlova
05-06-16, 08:23 AM
Im only playing to get to the Duchess dragon since I already have the Mother dragon. If by the time I reach the Duchess I am still in a position to reach for second place I will give it a go. Otherwise I am good. 1st place already has 4900 in my group. Spending all his/her gold lol.

BlackKat9
05-06-16, 08:29 AM
My goals are the habitat milestone and the first dragon, which I should get easily. Beyond that I'm more into the tournament and crafting my second arena dragon this round. Still not seeing anything worthwhile about a contest that splits the community and *****s players from an entire continent out of hours of play time because of the start delay.

saghaven
05-06-16, 09:18 AM
My goals are the habitat milestone and the first dragon, which I should get easily. Beyond that I'm more into the tournament and crafting my second arena dragon this round. Still not seeing anything worthwhile about a contest that splits the community and *****s players from an entire continent out of hours of play time because of the start delay.

Same here. I'm heading towards the habitat milestone now and really only want the first dragon. I'm much further behind in this event than I was in the last one for whatever reason. I'm not spending gold on anything - breeding, hatching, evolving. They're done when they're done. And I get the points when I get them.

Kennedward
05-06-16, 09:46 AM
Im only playing to get to the Duchess dragon since I already have the Mother dragon. If by the time I reach the Duchess I am still in a position to reach for second place I will give it a go. Otherwise I am good. 1st place already has 4900 in my group. Spending all his/her gold lol.

lol, but i think we should all reach 4000 or so by the end of this event, since many of us are already at 1200 or so now

Kennedward
05-06-16, 09:47 AM
Same here. I'm heading towards the habitat milestone now and really only want the first dragon. I'm much further behind in this event than I was in the last one for whatever reason. I'm not spending gold on anything - breeding, hatching, evolving. They're done when they're done. And I get the points when I get them.

Nice to see many people who shares the same view as me in this event :D

Sandybellee
05-06-16, 10:10 AM

Same here. I'm not spending any gold on this event (no speeding of anything). I'm actually looking forward to seeing how far I get without spending gold. I don't even have any to spend after buying Starry Night.

Meanwhile my group is going bananas. The leader is close to 10 000 points already and number 2 isn't too far behind! Boggles the mind... It's just one digital dragon!

gemz4me
05-06-16, 10:17 AM
Mama Dragon is beautiful prize , unfortunately it is for the leadership event. I have known from 1st night of event that I did not have a chance. I wish all a very Happy Mothers Day.

stashlova
05-06-16, 10:21 AM
lol, but i think we should all reach 4000 or so by the end of this event, since many of us are already at 1200 or so now

That is true. This one is kind of crazy though. People were saving up just for it. I won second place the first event with around 5000 points.

cascadia59
05-06-16, 10:28 AM
I have another account on an android and I just spent money on the 1.5x boost to see if that would help. I then tried to collect my food (which had been growing for 20 hours. Not only did I not receive extra points for the boost, I also, didn't receive credit for the food.! I was going to do this on my other account as well, but certainly will not be doing it now if I not only don't get anything but lose points! I did write into Storm8 but wonder if anyone else experienced this.
Thanks

Please resolve this issue.

lenasdinner
05-06-16, 10:29 AM
I really wonder if someone with android can reach last milestone without usin any of gold???I diden't reach last time and this time is even more to reach the last prize. is it even possible with zero golds??

ooh... yes...and I think S8 should increase storage in mine with bombs,with so much evolving my bombs are just floating away.25 is really small number for that.

D_Raho
05-06-16, 10:31 AM
I have another account on an android and I just spent money on the 1.5x boost to see if that would help. I then tried to collect my food (which had been growing for 20 hours. Not only did I not receive extra points for the boost, I also, didn't receive credit for the food.! I was going to do this on my other account as well, but certainly will not be doing it now if I not only don't get anything but lose points! I did write into Storm8 but wonder if anyone else experienced this.
Thanks

Please resolve this issue.
You don't get anything for food at all. Just breeding and hatching.

cascadia59
05-06-16, 10:35 AM
Just realized that! Dummy Me! oh well, I did get a bonus for my breeding. I really should read move carefully....

thanks

AwesomeChefDad
05-06-16, 10:35 AM
These 12 and 13 pt reward chests every 4 hours are mega lame.

saghaven
05-06-16, 10:47 AM
^^ Yes, they are. It's almost pointless to spin the wheel because even when you do get points, the amount is so miniscule it doesn't matter.

D_Raho
05-06-16, 10:59 AM
Just realized that! Dummy Me! oh well, I did get a bonus for my breeding. I really should read move carefully....

thanks
It's an easy mistake to make. I hope if(when) they do this again that harvesting crops is a part of it. Making food is surprisingly satisfying for me.

Hawk1
05-06-16, 11:09 AM
Milestones are the only reason to play since this event is pay to win for the majority, I'm sure there are some groupings that will have normal numbers, but for most of us that isn't true. Got a nice habitat and hope to get some dragons I don't have and at least I won't get another worthless bronze trophy:) ... Just play the game your way and watch people spend a whole lot of real world money for 1 dragon that is pretty much meaningless other than being super cute.

m545cli
05-06-16, 11:37 AM
You and me both...And they do not have any gold dragons but are boosting....So either they are really good at saving gold or I am working at the wrong place lol.. I just want the spring habitat then I am good.

I can tell the current first place spends tons. They have almost every new dragon that has come out...and every habitat. I'm happy that people fund this game....just don't make me compete against them....I can't! The second place person has been openly posting on their wall about how much they spent in the last leaderboard and how competitive they are! I think this will be fun to watch at the end!

msjanamac
05-06-16, 11:41 AM
Im confusd bout boosts. Can sumbdy hlp me out plz...I'm not sure if u hafta hatch/evolve durin the boosts run time or if u jus get boost 4 that 1 hr no matter wen u hatch/evolve...i guess wat i mean is, does the time 4 hatchn/evolvn need 2 end while the boost is active? Or can u still get the points no mattr wen the time ends? Thanx a bunch 2 any1 who can gimme a legit answr

Hawk1
05-06-16, 12:04 PM
Thank you S8 for coins and resilient roses from the wheel <sarcasm>

belarica
05-06-16, 12:17 PM
Thank you S8 for coins and resilient roses from the wheel <sarcasm>

I wish everyone who doesn't want the roses could send them to me :(

AwesomeChefDad
05-06-16, 12:25 PM
Yes I dont know how I can say thanks for those 1000 coins earlier today, I really needed them.

lol

roni52
05-06-16, 12:40 PM
How do i boost breeding to get rare ones

roni52
05-06-16, 12:44 PM
In same boat lol, how do u get to boost for rare eggs in breeding

D_Raho
05-06-16, 12:54 PM
Im confusd bout boosts. Can sumbdy hlp me out plz...I'm not sure if u hafta hatch/evolve durin the boosts run time or if u jus get boost 4 that 1 hr no matter wen u hatch/evolve...i guess wat i mean is, does the time 4 hatchn/evolvn need 2 end while the boost is active? Or can u still get the points no mattr wen the time ends? Thanx a bunch 2 any1 who can gimme a legit answr
The boost counts when you finish hatching/breeding/evolving.

Sandybellee
05-06-16, 01:07 PM
Yay! I'm now 19th on my board! :D

belbar22
05-06-16, 01:18 PM
Yay! I'm now 19th on my board! :D

Snap. Been 16-18 up till today.

freshfunin2008
05-06-16, 01:33 PM
I will be happy with the milestones in all of my accounts. I have 4 or 5 people in one acct chasing someone who is @11k already. This is good for TL but 3 people will not win the final prize.

belarica
05-06-16, 01:42 PM

I got the habitat and put some babies in there :o

[S8] Elsa
05-06-16, 01:43 PM

I got the habitat and put some babies in there :o

So pretty!

snowyhillz
05-06-16, 01:44 PM
I am 7th on one of my games with 2183 (1st place has 2472) points and top in the other with 1980,

kooky panda
05-06-16, 02:44 PM

I wish I could!! I keep landing on these!

moonchild1987
05-06-16, 02:52 PM
With the breeding roost on sell and free boosted breeding, I bet leaderboard points are going to start increasing rapidly. It was a good idea though, milestones should be pretty easy to get!

lisabandit2
05-06-16, 03:37 PM
I'VE SPUN THE WHEEL 10 TIMES AND 7 STUPID ROSE BUSHES????? SERIOUSLY???? IT'S BAD ENOUGH MY GROUP IS CUT THROAT BUT TO KNOCK ME IN THE MOUTH WITH ROSE BUSHES....ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!! Belarica, if I could give them all to you, at least they'd get used 😖

lisabandit2
05-06-16, 03:44 PM
Nice to see someone agrees with me in not spending any money :D

I didn't spend any last time, came in second, & didn't even hit 3000 points so the only dragon I got was a pinata to trade...whee....no spending any gold on anything until this thing is over. Glad I'm not alone!! 🤗

awsumum
05-06-16, 04:24 PM
I will be happy with the milestones in all of my accounts. I have 4 or 5 people in one acct chasing someone who is @11k already. This is good for TL but 3 people will not win the final prize.

My top person has over 17,00

At time of posting, I'm second with 5,000 odd (5,5xx)
Third has a little under me (5,1xx)

The top person seems to be spending gold/money like crazy

Hawk1
05-06-16, 05:04 PM
Lovely habitat and now have Snowfall, unfortunately I keep getting those dumb roses ..

Kennedward
05-06-16, 06:07 PM
That is true. This one is kind of crazy though. People were saving up just for it. I won second place the first event with around 5000 points.

I know many people won easily the first time, even read a post where a player won with around 800 points or so because he or she was in a group with inactive players, so it was an easy win

But not this time i think, most groups i see have high points

Kennedward
05-06-16, 06:09 PM
I didn't spend any last time, came in second, & didn't even hit 3000 points so the only dragon I got was a pinata to trade...whee....no spending any gold on anything until this thing is over. Glad I'm not alone!! 🤗

I won't spend gold in this event at all, seeing how the 1st place in my group has 15,000 points now, there's no point in trying to catch up to him

jacksusa
05-06-16, 06:12 PM
I'm fortunate to be in a group that has not gone crazy. (I think, I'm the lowest level in our group and have stayed in first place, despite that.) We shall see how it goes in the end, I really don't mind, I am thrilled that I got the habitat and may get at least the first dragon, I don't have any of the milestone dragons. Only one in our group has used boosts. Very different from last time, when three in our group were playing for blood.

Sandybellee
05-06-16, 06:27 PM
I got the habitat and it's very pretty! This kind of changes my opinion about leaderboard events a little. It's a great milestone reward! You basically get a free 200 gold habitat by just breeding and evolving normally. :) I hope we have a habitat as a milestone every time!

Niire
05-06-16, 06:42 PM
I got the habitat and it's very pretty! This kind of changes my opinion about leaderboard events a little. It's a great milestone reward! You basically get a free 200 gold habitat by just breeding and evolving normally. :) I hope we have a habitat as a milestone every time!

I agree! Since we are subjected to the leaderboard, the milestone thing makes up for it for sure! <3

Kennedward
05-06-16, 07:28 PM
I agree! Since we are subjected to the leaderboard, the milestone thing makes up for it for sure! <3

Agreed, I think most of us would have gotten most of the milestones by the end of this event, cause I remember my points at the end was around 4000 or so last time as well, even without playing much

In comparison, 4000 isn't that high considering both this group and my last group's 1st place winner have over 10,000 points

m545cli
05-06-16, 07:43 PM
I'm definitely not complaining about the milestones... A free habitat, a few free Dragons, and if I get lucky maybe something on the shell (but I won't hold my breath)! I feel better about it this time since I know from the start that I have no chance to win on my board. I'm going to play my game the way I normally would-maybe being a little more vigilant about making sure I have something breeding and evolving all the time-but other than that, I'm just enjoying my weekend, and hoping all moms do the same!

roguebee
05-06-16, 07:47 PM
Lovely habitat and now have Snowfall, unfortunately I keep getting those dumb roses ..

I can say the same. And it looks like Duchess is within reach.

chuckyt888
05-06-16, 08:11 PM
I was hoping to maybe have a chance at winning this time with a well timed boost or two. Hahah. That ended when people sped bred from the start to 4000+ Within a few hours. 100% certain they grouped people based on competitiveness. It should be random matchups with weight given to island upgrade level. I came in 3rd last event with the only gold I used being 2 1.5x boosts to assure I got all the milestones. Winners were 11-12k last time. Like other people are seeing, I can see many people displaying trophies from the Skylord event on my board.

There are 5 people on my board in the 7-8k range. A couple others in striking distance and are boosting. They all have 3-4 nests/all gold dragons etc etc. this is going to be an epic showdown. Won't be shocked if the 2 winners have to go to 20-25k... maybe more.

Another funny tidbit: Last place is heading towards 2k. Yes, I said last place.

Hawk1
05-06-16, 08:18 PM
As long as people play for milestones I think they'll be happier about this event than if they are aiming for Mama dragon. I'll end up with a habitat and at least 2 dragons (would like last years Mother dragon too) and possibly three if I stop getting those darn roses. I'm starting to think of this event as a vacation from DS since I'm not in the race for Mama.

chuckyt888
05-06-16, 08:23 PM
Great way to look at it. Same here. I refuse to spend outrageous gold in these events. Perfectly happy 1.5x boosting 2-3 times for milestones and cutting it off there.

I don't like these events as they exploit certain personality/behavior types which I think is highly unethical, but I don't mind participating for the milestones. I don't like everyone being grouped based upon competitiveness either which is what they've done. It should be random with island upgrade weighted. If you are competitive (as in you reach the milestone goals) but don't spend but a handful of gold like me you will never win this event due to how they are grouping people.

As long as people play for milestones I think they'll be happier about this event than if they are aiming for Mama dragon. I'll end up with a habitat and at least 2 dragons (would like last years Mother dragon too) and possibly three if I stop getting those darn roses. I'm starting to think of this event as a vacation from DS since I'm not in the race for Mama.

tuffyjkitten
05-06-16, 09:19 PM
These 12 and 13 pt reward chests every 4 hours are mega lame.

Depends which color chest you get. I got one yesterday for 100-something and one today for 86.

My group is also normal. The leader has 1900-something and I'm in second with 1769. Just got the habitat prize. I don't have any of the milestone dragons so I'm hoping to get at least 2.

Arctic isles is helping. I have over 300,000 food there so I'm breeding and evolving a lot. Other than that it's whatever is breeding and water eggs on the nest like a world event.

Kennedward
05-06-16, 09:25 PM
I was hoping to maybe have a chance at winning this time with a well timed boost or two. Hahah. That ended when people sped bred from the start to 4000+ Within a few hours. 100% certain they grouped people based on competitiveness. It should be random matchups with weight given to island upgrade level. I came in 3rd last event with the only gold I used being 2 1.5x boosts to assure I got all the milestones. Winners were 11-12k last time. Like other people are seeing, I can see many people displaying trophies from the Skylord event on my board.

There are 5 people on my board in the 7-8k range. A couple others in striking distance and are boosting. They all have 3-4 nests/all gold dragons etc etc. this is going to be an epic showdown. Won't be shocked if the 2 winners have to go to 20-25k... maybe more.

Another funny tidbit: Last place is heading towards 2k. Yes, I said last place.

That's pretty high, as my group's last place is only roughly 1000 right now

Kennedward
05-06-16, 09:27 PM

Same here, I'll feel happier getting the milestones casually rather than having to spend money for 1st place

lnztrekfan
05-06-16, 09:28 PM
Ok I know that people have posted before that the points arent being added correctly and then the response is the little white box isn't correct but your points are. This is not the case. On two of my islands the points are definitely not being added correctly. If I have 986 points to begin with (I checked before hand to see my standing before doing my stuff.) and hatch Goodwitch who is a super rare(12hrs) and take Spirit Queen out of evolution(22 hours). How do I only have 1028 points? I got a 20 point white pop up box for Goodwitch. I got 22 for evolution. I did not get the points for Goodwitch being on the nest only the bonus. I should have gotten 12 hrs worth of points that 3 plus bonus. That's extra 36 points that I didn't get on this island. Now I know this isn't a lot of points but accumulated over multiple times of not getting roosting points only getting the supposed bonus points adds up. What if I had bought a boost and still didn't get my points? I'd just be even more out of luck. Please Storm 8 fix the roosting points!

nyrrem
05-06-16, 10:01 PM
Don't mix android and ios. How is that'd fair?!

fluffpuff21
05-06-16, 10:14 PM
I was thinking about getting a boost later today, but does anyone know if the glitch from the last event has been fixed? I remember some people complaining that their boosts only lasted a few minutes, as opposed to the full hour, or two hours. Has anyone had problems with this, or is it all good now?

Trying to get milestones at this point in time because my first place person shot up to 6,1xx from 1,7xx in a matter of a few hours....

sipland
05-06-16, 10:22 PM
Wow the leaders in my group have gone crazy!
1st 38,600
2nd 31,700
3rd 15,600
4th 8,700

Sandybellee
05-07-16, 01:50 AM
Mine aren't that high yet. The first two have both got over 12 000 points now, the third place holder has over 10 000 and the fourth over 8000. Some players are going to feel gutted when this is over.

Kennedward
05-07-16, 04:51 AM
Wow the leaders in my group have gone crazy!
1st 38,600
2nd 31,700
3rd 15,600
4th 8,700

Wow! And I thought mine was high, but I think there will probably be others in a high points group as well

Kennedward
05-07-16, 04:53 AM
Mine aren't that high yet. The first two have both got over 12 000 points now, the third place holder has over 10 000 and the fourth over 8000. Some players are going to feel gutted when this is over.

To be honest, I would feel poor if I was those players spending tons of money to get such high points lol

But seriously, if you have the money for gold, I would suggest those to buy other rare dragons from the market, such as the Diamond type dragons

nicsdragonisle
05-07-16, 05:01 AM
Elsa;1289921']The little pop up doesn't show the full amount of points when you get the bonus, but you do get all of the Leaderboard Points that you're supposed to have. This is a known issue, which we plan to resolve in a future update.
We have 6 games in our house. 4 of them have had multiple 10 point hatching--3 in the sat 12 hours. It's not just the pop up. I checked points before I hatch and points after on a few once I thought to do so. The total only increasedby 10.
It's a close match on 3 of our games. These make a difference.

freesiawoods
05-07-16, 05:17 AM
Totally not going out of my way for this event. But I don't know, maybe for some people it invokes some kind of primal need to win at all costs?

pernmagic
05-07-16, 05:23 AM
This time my group is going fairly sensibly ..... Two are out ahead but just a couple of thousand from me , but I'm not spending any gold or bothered, I have the habitat and the first dragon ( in storage as I already have it ) and just plod on ..... Feel sorry for those in other difficult situations :(

Kennedward
05-07-16, 05:24 AM
Totally not going out of my way for this event. But I don't know, maybe for some people it invokes some kind of primal need to win at all costs?

Hm, yea, I agree, some people are like that.

Right now in my group, the 1st place player has 17,000 points, with the second place at only 6,000, both of whom boosted just to increase the lead but really, there's no competition here if none of the other players want to spend gold and/or money to reach that high amount of points.

Kennedward
05-07-16, 05:26 AM
This time my group is going fairly sensibly ..... Two are out ahead but just a couple of thousand from me , but I'm not spending any gold or bothered, I have the habitat and the first dragon ( in storage as I already have it ) and just plod on ..... Feel sorry for those in other difficult situations :(

I'm very close to getting the habitat, but i think i will unlock both the habitat and first dragon by the end of this, won't be spending any gold for this event like I said earlier

meoconlunar
05-07-16, 05:29 AM
Poor Mist, it must be very cold in there :(

maebirdx
05-07-16, 05:56 AM
Really hope we don't get anymore of these :( it's just pay to win, and we aren't even given fair chances

I know some players who are 30+ levels higher than me who are in first with less trophies than I have-- and I'm in fifteenth on my board

MsMelanieMonster
05-07-16, 07:10 AM
I have 2,004 points and am currently in 2nd place. 3rd place has 2,003. I'm fortunate to have a group with seemingly normal play (&two nests). Love the habitat. More of those as progress prizes please!

belarica
05-07-16, 07:12 AM
I have 2723 so far, I think I will make it to duchess even though I originally wasn't interested. My baby account bred her a long time ago. She's very pretty at level 10 so I will be happy to have her on my main as well. :o

simbalot
05-07-16, 07:50 AM
Can someone explain how the boosts work? If I have an egg that will hatch in the next hour will it boost the hatching time or just the last hour? Also, will it boost the hour's time for breeding evolving or do you need to finish breeding and evolving within the boost time? I know this has probably been explained, but I've read through the boards for both leaderboards and still am not sure.

I'm just going for the milestones! My group leader has over 40K and I'm in 10th with 2.5K!

Thanks!

Hawk1
05-07-16, 07:55 AM
I now have 29 resilient roses :( ...STW is a joke, it is impossible to spin the exact same thing 5x in a row, I loath resilient roses at this point.

OkieDokie27
05-07-16, 08:08 AM
Can someone explain how the boosts work? If I have an egg that will hatch in the next hour will it boost the hatching time or just the last hour? Also, will it boost the hour's time for breeding evolving or do you need to finish breeding and evolving within the boost time? I know this has probably been explained, but I've read through the boards for both leaderboards and still am not sure.

I'm just going for the milestones! My group leader has over 40K and I'm in 10th with 2.5K!

Thanks!

Wow! That's some serious points. : ) any points earned in the hour will get boosted by 1.5 or 2 depending on the boost. So any breeding, evolving, or hatching finished. Plus I'm pretty sure the wheel too. The boost will count on the entire time it took not just the hour. So if you have a long timer it's a great time to use boost at the end. Hope that makes sense...lol

farmday0123
05-07-16, 08:29 AM
this event drive me so tired n busy, can't do anything

savage_mel
05-07-16, 08:34 AM
Got my snowfall this morning:D I already have Duchess so I am officially checking out of this ridiculous event. I'm almost done the tourney so I can just sit back this weekend and grow food!

MsMelanieMonster
05-07-16, 09:03 AM
Fuzzy, Common, 8 hour hatch time.
Hatching the egg will give you 3 points per hour:
1 hour boost: 24 x 1.5 = 36 points total.
2 hour boost: 24 x 2 = 48

If you win Ember in the tournament it is 24 hours to hatch. No extra bonus for unbreedable.
Hatching Points: 24 x 3 = 72
Hatching during 1 hour boost: 72 x 1.5 = 108 Hatching during 2 hour boost: 72 x 2 = 144

Hatch Mistmoth, SR 12 hours + 20 bonus points for the super rare.
1 hour boost: 56 x 1.5 = 84
2 hour boost: 56 x 2 = 112

If you breed a diamond, get the boost! +40 bonus for ultra rare hatch.
Diamond ultra rare, 44 hours:
1 hour boost: 172 x 1.5 = 258
2 hour boost: 172 x 2 = 344

Plus any spin amounts x the boost if those count. Just wanted to get nerdy and show some examples. Remember the bonus points are for hatching and not breeding. GL all! Hope this helps explain it!

msjanamac
05-07-16, 09:58 AM
Omgaah tysvm! This helps alot. So...if i spend gold 2 quick hatch a dragon & have the boost running, will i get dbl all the points? Vs just an hour at the end of hatchin?

ievuxia
05-07-16, 10:21 AM
Just got my habitat, it's my fav milestone of all! So pretty :) I'm not using any gold for this event, not gonna win the Mama dragon anyways and don't really like either of the milestone dragons, so why bother..

debrasbistro
05-07-16, 10:22 AM
Omgaah tysvm! This helps alot. So...if i spend gold 2 quick hatch a dragon & have the boost running, will i get dbl all the points? Vs just an hour at the end of hatchin?

Yes;)

9krm
05-07-16, 02:53 PM
Got my snowfall this morning:D I already have Duchess so I am officially checking out of this ridiculous event. I'm almost done the tourney so I can just sit back this weekend and grow food!

I am following the same plan. The only dragon in this event is snowfall (so cute!!). I should have him in a few hours and then I'm not trying for anything else.

dragonwhispereri
05-07-16, 03:02 PM
I got a pop up since yesterday free speed boost but it shows as owing gold. Not using it. Should it be free?
I also didn't seem to get the last chest, though it got a tick mark

laetty3
05-07-16, 03:14 PM
i won the Wildflower Spring Habitat on the Leaderboard.
I dont know where it is now. In storage?

snowyhillz
05-07-16, 03:15 PM
I got a pop up since yesterday free speed boost but it shows as owing gold. Not using it. Should it be free?

It should show as costing 200 silver coins, the same as the normal breeding price

snowyhillz
05-07-16, 03:16 PM
i won the Wildflower Spring Habitat on the Leaderboard.
I dont know where it is now. In storage?

Yes

laetty3
05-07-16, 03:19 PM
please said me where

Decoration. Materials? my strorage is very full

Bastiaan0
05-07-16, 03:21 PM
Again really happy with my fellow competitors, no ridiculous scores. Thank you all for that :);)
I was leading with 2957 points about an hour ago, but #2 just boosted to 3155. #3 currently at 2151 rest following close with 2047, 1939, 1871, 1849 so it looks like only two are going for Mother, and the others fighting for 3rd place :)
Love to see that me and the other person constantly trading places, really curious who will come in first. But I don't care, if I can have Mama, that's alright, not going to display that trophy anyway. After all it's Dragon Story, not Decoration Story :p

For now 66 hours and 1443 points to go, so need to boost and/or speed breed a little more. Got to do some math tomorrow...

Bastiaan0
05-07-16, 03:25 PM
please said me where

Decoration. Materials? my strorage is very full

Unfortunately it's under the 'all' tab, so you need to search for it. Mine is almost at the bottom :(

Edit: So logical request to S8: can you create a 'miscellaneous' tab? Please?

laetty3
05-07-16, 03:36 PM
Thanks .. I have it. :D

roguebee
05-07-16, 04:02 PM
Unfortunately it's under the 'all' tab, so you need to search for it. Mine is almost at the bottom :(

Edit: So logical request to S8: can you create a 'miscellaneous' tab? Please?

Or just simply make it so that anything new to storage goes to the top.

Bastiaan0
05-07-16, 04:10 PM
That would be great, too ;)

Clark_Wayne
05-07-16, 04:26 PM
I now have 29 resilient roses :( ...STW is a joke, it is impossible to spin the exact same thing 5x in a row, I loath resilient roses at this point.

my poor baby account is in the same boat : must has spun those resilient roses about 8-10 times. no chance to reach snow fall dragon for my baby account. wonder even if it has a chance to get the habitat :eek:

edit : and when it is not roses, it is food ! my baby account just spun food ! LOL

kooky panda
05-07-16, 05:59 PM
Please try restarting your game.
If this does not solve the issues, please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

Kennedward
05-07-16, 08:02 PM
Just gotten the habitat milestone reward, doesn't seem like I'll get them all, but should get at least the next dragon prize

jjblueyes
05-07-16, 08:03 PM
1/2 in my group is still going at it. Over 40 thousand now and both, both using a gold boost and battling back and forth. They are no longer fighting over the dragon. They both are getting it. My heavens. A pixel trophy. I've moved to disgusted now.

belarica
05-07-16, 08:27 PM
1/2 in my group is still going at it. Over 40 thousand now and both, both using a gold boost and battling back and forth. They are no longer fighting over the dragon. They both are getting it. My heavens. A pixel trophy. I've moved to disgusted now.

That's hilarious. I suppose they have bottomless wallets, must be nice not to live on a budget. :rolleyes:

DeeDe99
05-07-16, 08:43 PM
The leader in my group is sitting on 14,728 but I don't know how. The island looks unremarkable, by that I mean nothing out of the ordinary. Only one nest I can see, one breeding den, about five diamond habitats, Arctic Isles active, but nothing actually happening there when I looked. Level 123.

Next two are on 8,948 and 7,606. I haven't looked at their islands.

I'm on 3,543 in 8th place. I should get the third milestone dragon at this rate, but that will be it for me!

I've put Plum Blossom, Flower and Flower Power on the habitat - they look cute together! So cute I was inspired to evolve them past level 3!

jjblueyes
05-07-16, 08:58 PM
That's hilarious. I suppose they have bottomless wallets, must be nice not to live on a budget. :rolleyes:

Yes. I know I have better things to use my funds for. I could buy a ton of gold and jump in and really cause chaos. I just have no desire. I can't get over the waste. Not about getting the dragon because it's clearly gone way past that and it just sits off putting to me.

chewingthecud
05-08-16, 12:13 AM

I am in the same boat. I jus got the mother prize - and I am 5th in my group! They are all still battling over ONE dragon! All that gold could be used to buy so many other dragons. I am just gobsmacked at how silly that is. Anyway, that's me. Good luck to them. Have a lovely Mother's Day to all those mother's out there!

bakerystoe
05-08-16, 03:25 AM
Hum guys where is that snowfall come from? breeding or event? Just got it though

bakerystoe
05-08-16, 03:26 AM
UHm am boosting up to but just 1.5:) It's is much cheaper and good cuz I only want the 2nd:) My 1st go 4000

Sandybellee
05-08-16, 03:37 AM
I think I may just reach Duchess by the end of the event depending on the wheel. It would be nice although it's currently breedable since I don't have one yet.

Meanwhile the leaders on my board are past 16 000, third is past 15 000, fourth past 11 000 and there were two others who already had over 5000 and 6000 points boosting this morning! Why on earth?!?

Clark_Wayne
05-08-16, 03:52 AM
my poor baby account is in the same boat : must has spun those resilient roses about 8-10 times. no chance to reach snow fall dragon for my baby account. wonder even if it has a chance to get the habitat :eek:

edit : and when it is not roses, it is food ! my baby account just spun food ! LOL

after food, now my baby account got coins LOL this is really a bad joke for my baby account . i didn't check but i think it has even not reached the 4th milestone prize :eek:
(when i already passed mother dragon !)

honestly, how a player (like my baby account) with 2 nests and no arctic isles (i never bother developp it for my baby account) can reach 4.4k milestones without using golds ? this is impossible ! this leaderboard push to use golds :mad:

bakerystoe
05-08-16, 03:52 AM
Psssssst... for who don't know.. Acrtic isle breeding, hatching, evolving is available in the EVENT:)!

Jennerwein1
05-08-16, 03:54 AM
I have been steadily #9, 3134. The 3 top players are ca 20k, 15k and 14k. I have my second 30% gold sale. Bought the extra breeding den on sale and a third nest with gold I had saved. This will help me further down the road also. Aaaaaaand: Drumroll! Dawntree and Diamond 32hours! :) So I might boost once just to get the last milestone.
Am not competing with anyone. So this event is not as bad as I thought, mainly because I am playing on my own terms. Actually I am pretty happy and did spend some money on 2 Champion value packs. I consider that "entertainment fee", similar to movie or theater tickets.
Oh, and alway looking for neighbors to exchange maps ( every day). Have three wonderful "gold buddies" already.

Kennedward
05-08-16, 04:01 AM

I know that feeling, my group's 1st place is at 18,000 right now, with 2nd place at 7,000, 3rd place at 4,000 and basically everyone from 4th place down are around the 2,000 mark, basically no competition here, unless you want to spend money to compete, but even if someone does, it's only for a trophy and a merely dragon, which even if we miss it, there'll be many others on the way.

Kennedward
05-08-16, 04:03 AM

Well, even with a ton of money to spend, I personally won't be spending so much for just 1 dragon and a trophy decor. If I was to spend money for gold though, I'd be buying those gold-only items and some of the rare Diamond dragons (which I already have btw)

Kennedward
05-08-16, 04:04 AM
Yes. I know I have better things to use my funds for. I could buy a ton of gold and jump in and really cause chaos. I just have no desire. I can't get over the waste. Not about getting the dragon because it's clearly gone way past that and it just sits off putting to me.

That's the idea of this event, putting players into small groups against each other, and most groups the ones winning 1st place are those that spent tons of money to get high points

Kennedward
05-08-16, 04:05 AM
I am in the same boat. I jus got the mother prize - and I am 5th in my group! They are all still battling over ONE dragon! All that gold could be used to buy so many other dragons. I am just gobsmacked at how silly that is. Anyway, that's me. Good luck to them. Have a lovely Mother's Day to all those mother's out there!

Agreed! Speaking of which, I would rather spend my money on a real gift to my mom, instead of spending it in a game for a pixel dragon and trophy decor

Kennedward
05-08-16, 04:07 AM
after food, now my baby account got coins LOL this is really a bad joke for my baby account . i didn't check but i think it has even not reached the 4th milestone prize :eek:
(when i already passed mother dragon !)

honestly, how a player (like my baby account) with 2 nests and no arctic isles (i never bother developp it for my baby account) can reach 4.4k milestones without using golds ? this is impossible ! this leaderboard push to use golds :mad:

I believe that's how so many people got over 10,000 points in just a day or two, using gold is pretty much the only explanation

Sandybellee
05-08-16, 05:01 AM
Agreed! Speaking of which, I would rather spend my money on a real gift to my mom, instead of spending it in a game for a pixel dragon and trophy decor
Yes! Exactly!

bakerystoe
05-08-16, 05:08 AM
I believe that's how so many people got over 10,000 points in just a day or two, using gold is pretty much the only explanation
Some people are obsessed with this game though .. Spend money and time for this

freesiawoods
05-08-16, 06:16 AM
One of my games has the leader with 11,300 points. What I can't comprehend is, she's way ahead of the second place who has 4,200 points yet she has a boost on now. Nothing better to spend gold on??

ma1eficent
05-08-16, 07:05 AM
I am 300 points behind the 2nd place. Can someone offer me a strategy to pass them even if it involves spending some gold?

belarica
05-08-16, 07:46 AM
Hum guys where is that snowfall come from? breeding or event? Just got it though

It was on a spin to win in this past December (or January I can't remember) :)

belarica
05-08-16, 07:52 AM
I am 300 points behind the 2nd place. Can someone offer me a strategy to pass them even if it involves spending some gold?

I would wait until the last few hours of the event and see how close you are then. Also plan ahead and try to have some long hour dragon ready in the temple and long hour dragons on your nest(s). If you feel you're close enough to get into second, pop a boost and start hatching or speed breeding. That's what I would do, there's really no point in speeding now with so much time left.

Who knows, you may have someone in their group biding their time with a load of gold to blow everyone away. Then any gold you spent now would just be wasted.

roguebee
05-08-16, 08:11 AM
One of my games has the leader with 11,300 points. What I can't comprehend is, she's way ahead of the second place who has 4,200 points yet she has a boost on now. Nothing better to spend gold on??

I see a similar pattern in my Leaderboard. One guy gained more than 11,000 points last night (13,284 total) to solidly grab 1st place. 2nd place is only 2421 while the next 9 are within a few hundred points of 2nd place. Could be interesting over the final days to see who grabs second place.

Kennedward
05-08-16, 08:48 AM
Some people are obsessed with this game though .. Spend money and time for this

Agreed, I see many people posted about seeing players with high points

Kennedward
05-08-16, 08:50 AM
I see a similar pattern in my Leaderboard. One guy gained more than 11,000 points last night (13,284 total) to solidly grab 1st place. 2nd place is only 2421 while the next 9 are within a few hundred points of 2nd place. Could be interesting over the final days to see who grabs second place.

I saw that in my group in the 2nd day of the event, the player went from a few hundred to over 12,000 in just an hour or so.

The money some people are willing to spend for just a dragon..... lol

rasike
05-08-16, 09:10 AM
I have been steadily #9, 3134. The 3 top players are ca 20k, 15k and 14k. I have my second 30% gold sale. Bought the extra breeding den on sale and a third nest with gold I had saved. This will help me further down the road also. Aaaaaaand: Drumroll! Dawntree and Diamond 32hours! :) So I might boost once just to get the last milestone.
Am not competing with anyone. So this event is not as bad as I thought, mainly because I am playing on my own terms. Actually I am pretty happy and did spend some money on 2 Champion value packs. I consider that "entertainment fee", similar to movie or theater tickets.
Oh, and alway looking for neighbors to exchange maps ( every day). Have three wonderful "gold buddies" already.
Oh, I wish I knew about the sale of the breeding roost earlier! How long it is already available? I wonder if it' still worth buying since there are only two days of the event left. Thank you very much for telling that!

Jennerwein1
05-08-16, 09:51 AM
I don't know how much longer, because my store says : limit reached. Look in your Market place. It was 50 gold, charged for 7 days.

tengoambre123
05-08-16, 11:52 AM
My leader board makes me wanna cry. first place is 19,993 and 2nd is 18,253 with third place at 9,139. Clearly those two are having it out amongst themselves. I'll just be happy with getting the first dragon.

D_Raho
05-08-16, 12:35 PM
I don't have much more motivation to continue now that I've hit all the milestones. 1-5 place have been boosting this whole time, so even though they don't have crazy high numbers, they aren't able to be caught without spending a lot of gold. I guess I'm done, now. I hope the rest of my spins are Gold and Food.

Daenerys66
05-08-16, 01:49 PM
One of the milestones is a habitat!

Yeah very nice except that it is only a 3dragon habitat. If you are running out of space you might not want to take it out of storage until they open up the next expansion.

Daenerys66
05-08-16, 01:50 PM
Oh, I wish I knew about the sale of the breeding roost earlier! How long it is already available? I wonder if it' still worth buying since there are only two days of the event left. Thank you very much for telling that!

As soon as the Leaderboard started I turned mine on so missed the sale :(

05-08-16, 02:00 PM
I am happy to get the mother dragon this morning, I am at second place, but won't going for the final prize, I don't want the frustration again like the last time, got bumped to 3rd place from 2nd at the last minute.

bozotc19
05-08-16, 02:15 PM
I don't have much more motivation to continue now that I've hit all the milestones. 1-5 place have been boosting this whole time, so even though they don't have crazy high numbers, they aren't able to be caught without spending a lot of gold. I guess I'm done, now. I hope the rest of my spins are Gold and Food.

Good luck, a full 40% of my spinsAre either the dreaded tiles, I have won 12, or cash which is totally worthless at any level over100. Too bad these spins aren't random! Never gotten gold in over 40 spins

chewingthecud
05-08-16, 03:09 PM

Now that is the best idea of all - good on you! My faith in humanity is restored - ha ha ha!:o

DeeDe99
05-08-16, 04:56 PM

I agree (although I've not spun gold in this or the last event).

I don't understand the economics of this style of event. So many players just give up, knowing they have no chance of catching the big spenders. The leader of my group is now over 21,000 and the second place over 18,000. So while 2 people may be spending real money, 18 of us are not spending a cent. Multiply that out across the customer community.

While obviously I don't have access to the details across the competition, basic business principles suggest a larger market is better as a revenue base than a very small market. I hypothesise effectively this event reduces the number of people spending money to less than 5% (many groups spend none) of the active customer base. I doubt that small number can spend more than say 50% or more spending a bit each.

If the event was such that all players felt they had an opportunity to acquire the "grand prize", a greater number would participate, most likely resulting in a higher overall revenue stream.

The event is flawed every which way in my view.

Hawk1
05-08-16, 05:46 PM
Agree with you Deede99, leaderboard event seems to play to very few people and really makes zero sense if you want a large percentage of your customer base to "want" to buy gold to win something. Oh well I now have a pretty new habitat and 2 dragons.

ozigal
05-08-16, 06:38 PM
My thinking also Deedee99. I've spent gold during this time but not for leaderboard.I thought I would try my luck with extra breeding roost whilst boosted breeding is running..but of course that plan to get other than commons/fails isn't going to plan. I cannot figure out the leader's thinking reaching 42k whilst the nearest one to it is around the 7k.
I am a very happy camper obtaining the habitat and one dragon. Working for milestones and ignoring the leaderboard is working for me.

Jennerwein1
05-08-16, 07:29 PM
My thinking also Deedee99. I've spent gold during this time but not for leaderboard.I thought I would try my luck with extra breeding roost whilst boosted breeding is running..but of course that plan to get other than commons/fails isn't going to plan. I cannot figure out the leader's thinking reaching 42k whilst the nearest one to it is around the 7k.
I am a very happy camper obtaining the habitat and one dragon. Working for milestones and ignoring the leaderboard is working for me.
Same here. I did buy some gold at 30% off for extra nest, breeding den and to save for future gold dragons ( hopefully). It paid off for me, since I have now Quetzal and Crusader on the breeding dens. :) (untold numbers of Fire and Forest fails while watching TV) . I am still trying to get to the last milestone.
Overall happy. Not getting Ember with 4 more rounds to go, oh well.

lenasdinner
05-08-16, 08:16 PM
Again really happy with my fellow competitors, no ridiculous scores. Thank you all for that :);)
I was leading with 2957 points about an hour ago, but #2 just boosted to 3155. #3 currently at 2151 rest following close with 2047, 1939, 1871, 1849 so it looks like only two are going for Mother, and the others fighting for 3rd place :)
Love to see that me and the other person constantly trading places, really curious who will come in first. But I don't care, if I can have Mama, that's alright, not going to display that trophy anyway. After all it's Dragon Story, not Decoration Story :p

For now 66 hours and 1443 points to go, so need to boost and/or speed breed a little more. Got to do some math tomorrow...

Watch out......you never know who might come from the back.....

porkchomp
05-08-16, 08:28 PM
Agree with you Deede99, leaderboard event seems to play to very few people and really makes zero sense if you want a large percentage of your customer base to "want" to buy gold to win something. Oh well I now have a pretty new habitat and 2 dragons.

Is it possible to earn the last few milestones without spending gold? I am going to just get snowfall dragon. Four to five spins per day, continuous breeding, continuous evolution. I have a second nest where I've been hatching from storage. So not 100% efficient... but I don't see how I could double my points in tower missed opportunities.

Compared to other events and tournaments, leader board easily would require me to spend the most gold to complete. That is probably true for most players, unless I'm missing some way to score leader board points.

AnglChk507
05-08-16, 11:18 PM
Thanks to this event i got the mothers dragon Coolio and was able to breed the birthstone dragon yip yip and even better the anubis dragon lol 🙌 yay 🙌. So let's see what else i can get

Elspelsie
05-09-16, 01:11 AM
I got a great group. I'm currently 2nd with 1763 points. First has 1804.

Sandybellee
05-09-16, 03:46 AM
About 250 to go for Duchess. :)

cherrycastleorchard
05-09-16, 03:48 AM
What did u breed to get it?

pernmagic
05-09-16, 04:08 AM
Just put Duchess in storage for now, a new one for me , so quite happy with that for me ......
Hope everyone goes as far as they want too :)

Sandybellee
05-09-16, 04:08 AM
What did u breed to get it?

I didn't breed it, I'm missing 250 points before I reach the milestone.

ahomeforme
05-09-16, 04:11 AM
I now have 22 resilient roses. Including the ones we are required to craft before this event.

And an interesting observation... A few minutes ago I just logged onto my secondary account which I haven't played for a long time. I thought I would rank last, but guess what, I'm the 10th after spinning the wheel and gotten a box of 46 points. Here's the breakdown of the score from 1st to 11th --- 194/169/153/124/120/80/63/52/47/46/30 and the rest (until 16th) ranked 12th with 0 points. Which means, some players who don't even bother to play can get the prize Mama dragon just for being 1st or 2nd on a not-so-active leaderboard. Those players will surely be pleasantly surprised to get a Mama without even trying.... I shall say no more. You can very well guess how I'm feeling now. However, it's just a game. I must and will not let it get to me.

seisurreal
05-09-16, 05:36 AM
Speaking of which, I would rather spend my money on a real gift to my mom, instead of spending it in a game for a pixel dragon and trophy decor

Just ran through the earlier posted messages, and I totally agree with Kennedward on this! :D

bakerystoe
05-09-16, 06:12 AM

That's so lucky:( My 1st got up to 6000:( 2nd is ahead me 100 points:( So sad and any strategies for me? I boost up 1.5 everyday though

ladymakay
05-09-16, 06:25 AM

That's how my previous group was, this one there are 3 seemingly competitive players but #1 takes the cake, 17000 points and a nice lead on 2 and 3. I haven't used any boosts or spent gold on speed breeding or anything else, I'm in 7th place and happy with that ☺. I don't mind if players want to spend a little or a TON of gold on these events, but I can't understand why someone would spend hundreds of dollars in actual money in these events. More power to them but I can't wrap my head around it ☺

amerirish
05-09-16, 06:41 AM
Well I got Duchess so yay for that. Don't know if I'll make to to 4400 for Mother though. No way I'm going to get Mama (as I knew all along). First place has 9,661 as of right now in my group. I have 3,384.

Jennerwein1
05-09-16, 06:58 AM
My group is fairly competitive: 24k,21k,16k. Should be fun at the end. I still need 280 to get Mother. Totally doable without boosting. Happy with this event, I bought stuff for down the road, the Arctic Isles dragons I have are all level 7 now and the duplicates are gone. And I bred 2 ultrarares with the free boosted breeding. What else can I ask for ? (OK, maybe 20 Million bucks,lol).

Kennedward
05-09-16, 06:58 AM
Now that is the best idea of all - good on you! My faith in humanity is restored - ha ha ha!:o

Yea man, let that be a reminder to y'all, it was an important part of Mother's Day: get a nice gift for your mom

Kennedward
05-09-16, 06:59 AM
Just ran through the earlier posted messages, and I totally agree with Kennedward on this! :D

Of course!

Kennedward
05-09-16, 07:00 AM
Ok, an update on my group, 1st place has reached 20k, 2nd place has 8k, 3rd has 4k, and everyone from 4th to last have around 2000 or so

The results have been set since day 2 or so, unless someone decides to spend money at the end, cause that's the only way to win

AliceWinter24
05-09-16, 07:14 AM
I hadn't used any gold on this, and wasn't going to, I'm always saving and very careful about what I spend gold on, but this morning I lost 60 gold on nothing. I was trying for a Quetzal Dragon to boost my points a bit, and used the boosted breeding just because it was free/cost coins and not gold. Of course I got only 20 second Forest Dragons, so I made a lot of attempts in a short period of time. I then took a break and when I tried again, just when I hit the boosted breed button I noticed to my horror it was now back to costing gems. I was a little sad over 12 gold right out the window, until I noticed I had actually lost 60 gold! For something as stupid as using boosted breed for an ultra rare dragon. I can't believe I pressed that button 5 times before I noticed that it was back to costing gold, but 60 gold is gone ... I didn't even buy the extra breeding den for 50 gold because I'm saving, and then 60 gold right out the window like that. I know this is off topic, I just needed to vent a bit :(