PDA

View Full Version : SALE on Treasure Animals

chickenladyx14
04-29-16, 01:05 PM
I would like them all but will buy the Money Badger. Before I do, I need clarification on the gem payout. 1 gem every 2 days?
Also, the other 3 pay 1 gem every 3 days? Not much of a payout if I am reading correctly. TY

Sandybellee
04-29-16, 01:12 PM
Money Badger is the best gem producer - it gives you 2 gems every day at level 15. What is the sale price for it? It's greyed out for me because I can't buy more Money Badgers.

They were all on sale for 600 gems before they left the market last year.

ninasidstorm8
04-29-16, 01:18 PM
I would like them all but will buy the Money Badger. Before I do, I need clarification on the gem payout. 1 gem every 2 days?
Also, the other 3 pay 1 gem every 3 days? Not much of a payout if I am reading correctly. TY

I bought the Money Badger for 600 gems as part of last year's Black Friday sales and immediately raised it to level 15. I collect 2 gems per day from it and in another 312 days, I will have collected the 600 gems to break even. At 1,000 gems, it will take 500 days once it at level 15 (almost a week to hatch and evolve) to break even.

chickenladyx14
04-29-16, 01:18 PM
The Badger is $1,000. Eeeeks!
edited to add: ninasidstorm8 and I must have been posting at the same time :D

Sandybellee
04-29-16, 01:20 PM
The Badger is $1,000. Eeeeks!
edited to add: ninasidstorm8 and I must have been posting at the same time :D

Oh wow! That's a lot more expensive than the previous sale!

MaribouMay
04-29-16, 01:53 PM
If you are looking for the best gem producer go with Money Badger. Money Badger gives the most gems at 4 every 2 days when epic. Golden Retriever gives 4 every 3 days Treasure Toucan and Prize Pony give 3 every 3 days.

Personally, I don't feel any give enough gems to warrant the price. I have Money Badger and Treasure Toucan, both of which I was lucky enough to breed back when it was possible. They will be the only treasure animals I have at these kind of prices with that kind of return. YMMV

utili68
04-29-16, 02:33 PM
Another question...are they breedable during the sale?

RowanaFarrin
04-29-16, 02:38 PM
Another question...are they breedable during the sale?

The descriptions in the shop list them as "Not available through breeding" so I would say not. I can't really test ias I'm busy trying to breed a sea lion though. Kinda a bummer as I wouldn't mind trying to breed one, even if it was only for a short time.

JeffW60
04-29-16, 03:35 PM
I'm gonna have to think on this. I would love to have the Money Badger, but 1,000 gems is a bit steep. Still, I might. I assume this sale will last at least 7 days so I have time to think on it. One way or the other I WILL get the Taurus animal since I am a Taurus. I will try to breed the Sea Lion for a few days and if no luck, I will spend the 170 gems and buy a Sea Lion. How that goes may factor into whether I buy a Money Badger.

ninasidstorm8
04-29-16, 04:52 PM
I'm gonna have to think on this. I would love to have the Money Badger, but 1,000 gems is a bit steep. Still, I might. I assume this sale will last at least 7 days so I have time to think on it. One way or the other I WILL get the Taurus animal since I am a Taurus. I will try to breed the Sea Lion for a few days and if no luck, I will spend the 170 gems and buy a Sea Lion. How that goes may factor into whether I buy a Money Badger.

Before buying the Sea Lion, look at the cost of skipping the Sea Lion steps. It has been reported that they are 50 gems a piece. So , unless you need a Sea Lion it would be cheaper to skip the steps.

JeffW60
04-29-16, 05:12 PM
Before buying the Sea Lion, look at the cost of skipping the Sea Lion steps. It has been reported that they are 50 gems a piece. So , unless you need a Sea Lion it would be cheaper to skip the steps.

Thank you Nina. I realized that after I posted it. I do need a Sea Lion, but if I have to I might just pay gems to skip those steps then hoefully I will get a Sea Lion later on.

kooky panda
04-30-16, 09:09 AM
Hey guys, lets keep the posts on the topic of the current sale of the treasure animals. You can discuss the current goal on the thread:
Taurus Goal: April 29 2016 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91074-Taurus-Goal-April-29-2016)

ninasidstorm8
04-30-16, 09:15 AM
Hey guys, lets keep the posts on the topic of the current sale of the treasure animals. You can discuss the current goal on the thread:
Taurus Goal: April 29 2016 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91074-Taurus-Goal-April-29-2016)

Do you have any idea if the Treasure animals can be bred while they are in the Shop?

kooky panda
04-30-16, 09:54 AM
Do you have any idea if the Treasure animals can be bred while they are in the Shop?
I did send a request over yesterday checking on this. I have not heard anything back yet.

JeffW60
04-30-16, 03:10 PM
I broke down and bought the Money Badger. It was hard parting with 1,000 gems but I wanted it. Got him on the nest now.

My biggest problem now will be food. I have 3 gem hybrid animals I am trying to raise to epic and now a money badger. I will need an enormous amount of food for that. I am pretty much to the point that I can plant charm cherries or nexus nuts exclusively, but even at that it's going to take a while. I'll just have to hoard food like crazy for a few weeks.

JeffW60
05-01-16, 03:22 PM
Hatched my Money Badger and am waiting to put it into the evolution flower for its first evolution.

chickenladyx14
05-01-16, 05:05 PM
Awesome JeffW60! But those babies eat like there's no tomorrow!! BTW - I am the proud owner of Money Badger twins! One is on the nest and the other is in the flower. :)
I see they are no longer in the shop so whoever bought one did so at the right time.

JeffW60
05-01-16, 05:15 PM
Twins!!! That's awesome. You will have some steady gems now but don't give up on a gem sale. You will eventually get one.

You are right about the food. Between the money badger, the Treent of Life, and my 3 gem hybrids I am trying to raise. I am in dire need of food.

JeffW60
05-01-16, 05:23 PM
Awesome JeffW60! But those babies eat like there's no tomorrow!! BTW - I am the proud owner of Money Badger twins! :)
I see they are no longer in the shop so we bought at the right time.

BTW, I just sent you a neighbor request. I visited your forest and it is very nice. When did you get the Trick or Treent? That is one of my next goals.

chickenladyx14
05-01-16, 05:39 PM
Thank-you for the compliment! And I will certainly accept your friend request!
As for the Trick or Treent, I have had her for a month or so. She's on level 14 but she'll have to remain epic-less for a while. Her food cost is now at 6000 a whack!
I was shocked when I saw her egg as I had only expanded one plot on that lower area and I didn't have Treent yet.

JeffW60
05-01-16, 09:43 PM
At some point I would like to have at least one more Treasure animal to go with my Money Badger. Hopefully at some point another sale will come around or a new Treasure animal will come out. I would like to see another animal with the same gem rate as the Money Badger.

kooky panda
05-02-16, 11:06 AM

I did check and I am sorry, but you cannot obtain these animals from breeding.

ninasidstorm8
05-02-16, 12:21 PM

Thanks for checking.

rado_nik
05-03-16, 12:31 AM

I wonder when the sale ends?

rado_nik
05-03-16, 03:05 AM
If I buy one and my nest isn't empty, what will happend - the animal will go in to my storage or I can't buy

Clark_Wayne
05-03-16, 03:56 AM
If I buy one and my nest isn't empty, what will happend - the animal will go in to my storage or I can't buy

it can not go to storage. it will ask you if you want to speed hatch the egg in nest ;)

rado_nik
05-03-16, 05:59 AM
it can not go to storage. it will ask you if you want to speed hatch the egg in nest ;)

big tnx

JeffW60
05-03-16, 08:12 AM
My money badger will complete its first evolution in a few hours, he will then be fed and immediately begin his 2nd evolution. I didn't realize they had a longer evolution time than even the gem hybrids.

Silverrain1
05-03-16, 11:50 AM
I know! I got such a shock when I put it in to evolve! I thought it was 24 hours but it was 40! I dunno if that then means I was lucky or not to have waited so long for the sea lion on the Taurus goal line. I couldn't have evolved it even if i wanted to!

JeffW60
05-05-16, 12:39 PM
Put my money badger in the evolution flower for its final evolution. Needless to say it is a long ordeal to bring a money badger up to epic.

chickenladyx14
05-05-16, 12:45 PM
Amen to that! I am trying to get my twins both up to at least level 10 each. One down - one to go.

GanleeKalinae
05-06-16, 04:13 AM
The evolution times are so long!! I'm trying to be good and keep all harvested apples for treasure animals only for the moment, tough going though :p

Money Badger is currently at level 13, if everything goes according to plan should be able to send him off for his final evolution on Sunday night.
Just sent Golden Retriever in for his first evolution this morning, Prize Pony and Treasure Toucan will have a long wait ahead of them before they are going anywhere !

Silverrain1
05-06-16, 10:50 AM
I kind of like the long evolutions, gives me time to get food supplies up so that hopefully I can feed it straight up to the next evolution as soon as it comes out the flower

matiasabad94
05-06-16, 11:05 AM
All treasure animals are back in the store with their original price.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vl5vo8.jpg

JeffW60
05-06-16, 03:16 PM
The evolution times are so long!! I'm trying to be good and keep all harvested apples for treasure animals only for the moment, tough going though :p

Money Badger is currently at level 13, if everything goes according to plan should be able to send him off for his final evolution on Sunday night.
Just sent Golden Retriever in for his first evolution this morning, Prize Pony and Treasure Toucan will have a long wait ahead of them before they are going anywhere !

You are right. I have too many mouths to feed and not enough food. Breeding the Garnet Griffin has made things worse. Raising the money badger to epic has severely depleted my food supply. I have a Quartz that is ready for its 2nd evolution, but after that I'm going to have to take a break from raising my gem hybrids for a couple of weeks to build my food supply back up. My Sapphire, Quartz and Jade all need to go through their final evolution and I simply don't have the food to get them there. And that's not even counting the Garnet Griffin which I will put on the nest late Saturday.

Sandybellee
05-06-16, 03:26 PM
All treasure animals are back in the store with their original price.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vl5vo8.jpg

Krhm... I wonder whatever happened to it being the "last chance" to get them last year? LOL! Anyway, good to see them back permanently also joined by the Prize Pony! Looking forward to Black Friday! :D

Silverrain1
05-07-16, 01:20 AM
Glad that they are back in the shop. However, I have now bought a few with a thanks to that sale we had along with the newer ones that had been released before this sale.