PDA

View Full Version : Motherly Love Leaderboard Event May 3rd

Pages : [1] 2

19sparkles96
04-27-16, 02:52 PM
Event has been delayed: (KP)

Elsa;1288640']The event is currently delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience. :)

My iPad shows an update for dragon story, and announces the next Leaderboard Event, starting May 3rd. Compete for the Mama Dragon, plus 8 milestone prizes (Including 3 dragons).

PER Flatfoot, Android and IOS will be split in this event and our Storm8Ids will not be displayed, just your island name.

luckyaa7
04-27-16, 03:39 PM
I saw that too. I do not like leaderboard at all.... What a lovely mother's day gift....

sandygin
04-27-16, 03:49 PM
the last leaderboard was horrible. I will pass on this.

random59
04-27-16, 04:15 PM
It will need to be a better caliber of event than the last shamoozles. I can see this thread being huge before the event starts. I hope that they have listened to the negative posts about the 1st leaderboard challenge. If it is the same as the last I will not be participating in it!!!!

belarica
04-27-16, 04:23 PM
No :(

Niire
04-27-16, 04:28 PM
God...my brain is bleeding already...

You know, I am seriously thinking about not even logging in at all during the duration of this leaderboard.

Bastiaan0
04-27-16, 04:31 PM
I sincerely hope that I already have all milestone dragons, last leaderboard event I only needed the second, but still needed gold to reach that. Not too much worried for the final prize, doesn't look like I really want that. I can only hope I'll be in the same sort of honest group of players...

lnztrekfan
04-27-16, 04:47 PM

19sparkles96
04-27-16, 05:00 PM
ATTENTION MODERATOR! If there is any info on changes that will be implemented this time around, such as hiding Storm8ID's etc. , can you please append that info to my Post #1? Thanks!

DeeDe99
04-27-16, 05:46 PM
It will need to be a better caliber of event than the last shamoozles. I can see this thread being huge before the event starts. I hope that they have listened to the negative posts about the 1st leaderboard challenge. If it is the same as the last I will not be participating in it!!!!

Ditto!

belarica
04-27-16, 05:47 PM

That is exactly how I felt when I saw the update earlier. :rolleyes:

lnztrekfan
04-27-16, 06:22 PM
That is exactly how I felt when I saw the update earlier. :rolleyes:

Hehehe! Well I'm a Star Trek fan so if you know How Kirk yells Kahhhnnnn! That was more my response with Nnnooooooo!! Lol I hope they took everyone's feedback and improved some things. Haven't decided if I will play this event or take a mini vacation!

Clark_Wayne
04-27-16, 06:33 PM

Ditto #2

fhjigfrf
04-27-16, 07:22 PM
The What's New in the app store says "breed, hatch, and evolve". Last time evolving wasn't part of it. It'll be interesting to see how that's incorporated--I'm evolving pretty much constantly already so it might not change what I do.

roguebee
04-27-16, 09:33 PM
What a wonderful Mother's Day event, a cut throat competition. Well, Mom always did like me best:p

lisabandit2
04-28-16, 03:28 AM
Not changing anything in how I'm playing. The only thing I can say about the last one was the group I was in. It was not like a lot of them...none of us even hit 3000 which means i got a trader with yet another pi?ata dragon. Glad to get a rest since I won't be going outta my way to participate.

amerirish
04-28-16, 06:01 AM
No!! No!! No!!! DO NOT WANT!!! Don't they listen to us? This 'mother's day event' sucks just as much as the supposed 'birthday celebration' event :mad: What the h-e-double hockey sticks are they thinking??? How is this supposed to be fun for us??

Niire
04-28-16, 06:11 AM
They better have some awesome dragons for the milestones, or I might just take a vacation while this runs. Bad enough the imbalance of the whole thing...their own bugs keep people from completing stuff...and the anxiety and hostility it can cause in the community...it's almost like they want us all to fight...and I DO NOT want to fight with people to play a game. If I did, I would still be playing the MMO I used to. ><

belarica
04-28-16, 06:23 AM
No!! No!! No!!! DO NOT WANT!!! Don't they listen to us? This 'mother's day event' sucks just as much as the supposed 'birthday celebration' event :mad: What the h-e-double hockey sticks are they thinking??? How is this supposed to be fun for us??

Unfortunately they made a ton of money from the last one, assuming people used gold to get so many points and not some kind of *****.

If the milestone dragons aren't interesting I'm not even going to look at the leaderboard this time around.

Natasha_07
04-28-16, 06:30 AM
Wouldn't it be nice to have a mother's day friendly event! LOL! :)

Sandybellee
04-28-16, 08:00 AM
LOL! The event is called Motherly Love! I guess dragon mothers eat their young...

rasike
04-28-16, 09:05 AM
What a bad surprise for Mother's day! :( I hated the last leaderboard event and I think most of the players disliked it too. Why TL are you doing this to us again?

blackeneddove
04-28-16, 09:15 AM
I know a lot of people didn't like the 1st leaderboard event, but I can't help but get excited about new dragons. I don't know if I will get to participate, but I'm planning to - unless my group is just really awful. Lol

I can't wait to see what the Mama dragon looks like & what the milestone dragons are! *Excited* :D

*ETA* - I will say the name of the dragon isn't very creative though, IMO, because we already have a Mother Dragon. What's the difference between a Mother and a Mama? Lol:rolleyes:

I guess the Mama is the one you want to fight for and the Mother is the one you run from? (The one with the wire hangers... ) lol

kooky panda
04-28-16, 09:53 AM
Hey guys, adding a poll for extra feedback.

pernmagic
04-28-16, 09:58 AM
Ditto!
Same here :(

Have voted hope the bosses take notice of results

Hawk1
04-28-16, 10:20 AM
They better have some awesome dragons for the milestones, or I might just take a vacation while this runs. Bad enough the imbalance of the whole thing...their own bugs keep people from completing stuff...and the anxiety and hostility it can cause in the community...it's almost like they want us all to fight...and I DO NOT want to fight with people to play a game. If I did, I would still be playing the MMO I used to. ><

Yep ... double ditto

I hated the last leaderboard event and I got all the milestones without of course winning the grand prize. There was no way some on my leaderboard had a chance to win, how can someone with 1 den, no Arctic Isles or gold giving dragons compete against someone with 2 dens, Arctic Isles and 11 gold giving dragons without spending buckets of gold? Or maybe that was the point?

I hope everyone votes, and keep in mind that it will only get worse if this trend continues.

Norelisa
04-28-16, 10:40 AM

Where and how can I access this poll? (currently on my Android phone, do I need to use the computer?) thanks :)

amerirish
04-28-16, 10:42 AM
I hated every aspect of the last loserboard event but especially the fact that I couldn't even get the last milestone prize because the requirement was so ridiculously high. I can't imagine why on Earth they would do this again; and to add insult to injury doing it in the name of Mother's Day. Blasphemy!

lnztrekfan
04-28-16, 10:58 AM
Where and how can I access this poll? (currently on my Android phone, do I need to use the computer?) thanks :)

Poll is at the top of every page of this thread. At least on my iPhone it is. :) hope it's there for you!

Hepatu
04-28-16, 11:03 AM

At the bottom of each page you can go to full site where you will find the poll.
at the bottom of the full site in left corner you can go back to mobile stile again.

Norelisa
04-28-16, 11:10 AM
Poll is at the top of every page of this thread. At least on my iPhone it is. :) hope it's there for you!

At the bottom of each page you can go to full site where you will find the poll.
at the bottom of the full site in left corner you can go back to mobile stile again.

From full version it worked wonders :) thank you both for replying!

I didn't like the first leaderboard because of the competition, but if storm8 is willing to work on it, then why not.. :/

moonchild1987
04-28-16, 11:14 AM
If they make the milestones obtainable and fix all the issues, I will not complain. Atleast that way if competing is out of the question, people will still be able to participate in the event. I still don't think there is anyway to make this type of event fair, there is just too many factors, (lvl, number of nest, gold.) I'm not at all thrilled, but...it is what it is.

lnztrekfan
04-28-16, 11:18 AM
From full version it worked wonders :) thank you both for replying!

I didn't like the first leaderboard because of the competition, but if storm8 is willing to work on it, then why not.. :/

Oops turns out I'm in the full site! Didn't even realize that there were differences :) sorry and thanks hepatu! Glad you found it Norelisa!

farmday0123
04-28-16, 11:39 AM
Hope give more people win the main prize, also on sale diamond temple so every body can buy n hatch ultra rảre egg 😝

19sparkles96
04-28-16, 12:02 PM

Can we get an update on any changes that have been made, such as the removal of Storm8 IDs, etc.?

jaymieb2
04-28-16, 12:25 PM
If they make the milestones obtainable...

I would participate if the milestones were obtainable. Still not happy that the grand prize will be out of teach, though...

Hawk1
04-28-16, 01:00 PM
I would participate if the milestones were obtainable. Still not happy that the grand prize will be out of teach, though...

I'm doubtful that I'll ever win the grand prize because of how they set up leaderboard ... Best I'll probably ever do is milestones and I'm not thrilled with the idea of knowing going into every leaderboard I'll not be able to win with my best effort.

One of the reasons I liked DS was because I was only competing with myself not against other people, done that .. been there.

Bastiaan0
04-28-16, 01:32 PM
... I'm not at all thrilled, but...it is what it is.

I agree, so the least we can do is prepare ourselves...
Since it looks like evolving is added, for me I'm very happy I didn't evolve Valiant to level 10 yet, I'm going to make sure that that will be done shortly after the fleaderboard (no, not a typo, just getting an itch every time if I only think about this worthless thing :p) event starts.

And I'm thinking about having a 44 hour Crusader breed ready by that time, too.
And maybe, but that's only if I manage to breed Rainy Day tomorrow, I'm going to try to have another Crusader egg ready on my nest...

And ofcourse fill the other nests with Water eggs...

Niire
04-28-16, 01:52 PM
Seriously...missed out on skylord myself last time due to a bug, and was told that it was a sync error that caused it (odd how I never have issues with sync until something bugs out!)...I want absolutely nothing to do with another leaderboard. Makes me a bit nauseous thinking THIS is how they're going to "celebrate" Mother's Day?

FlatFoot
04-28-16, 03:13 PM
Can we get an update on any changes that have been made, such as the removal of Storm8 IDs, etc.?

I believe this has been changed and will display your Island Name to other players :D

kat8rose
04-28-16, 03:28 PM
This is longer, and probably more painful, than my natural childbirth. ..Happy Mother's Day to me! I won't participate just hope it's good for some, good luck

Niire
04-28-16, 03:55 PM
This is longer, and probably more painful, than my natural childbirth. ..Happy Mother's Day to me! I won't participate just hope it's good for some, good luck

See...my mom plays too, and she hated it as well. Which makes it doubly bad, having this as a Mother's Day event? >< All my children have 4 legs and are furry, that doesn't stop me feeling sorry for every single real mother in the community here.

19sparkles96
04-28-16, 04:07 PM
I believe this has been changed and will display your Island Name to other players :D
For IOS, will you need the latest update installed to play the Motherly Love Leaderboard event?

Clark_Wayne
04-28-16, 04:16 PM
voted NO !

FlatFoot
04-28-16, 05:04 PM
For IOS, will you need the latest update installed to play the Motherly Love Leaderboard event?

If you have already played it, then you will not need to update.

yuc24
04-28-16, 05:24 PM
Please keep the Leaderboard Event! (and I didn't even get the Skylord dragon last time, came in 4th).

Not everyone gets EVERY new dragon on Spin-to-Win, Tournaments, Limited Breeding, etc., so not sure how the Leaderboard Event is any different? Plus, I like the individual prizes and having a chance to get older dragons that are new to me. I got Tanuki and Galaxy last time - both ones I've always wanted and saw on other islands.

Some constructive feedback for the event - the individual milestone goals are a bit difficult. Most players probably won't even get the 2nd dragon, much less the 3rd. You'll have a lot more happy players if points were lowered to be more feasible like the World Event individual goals.

There will always be more complaints whenever there is change. The people who were happy/neutral with the event are probably less likely to bother replying.

Raenore
04-28-16, 05:46 PM
Not again -_-

seisurreal
04-28-16, 08:15 PM
What a wonderful Mother's Day event, a cut throat competition. Well, Mom always did like me best:p

lol well said rougebee :D

mimbiville2
04-28-16, 10:13 PM
Please keep the Leaderboard Event! (and I didn't even get the Skylord dragon last time, came in 4th).

Not everyone gets EVERY new dragon on Spin-to-Win, Tournaments, Limited Breeding, etc., so not sure how the Leaderboard Event is any different? Plus, I like the individual prizes and having a chance to get older dragons that are new to me. I got Tanuki and Galaxy last time - both ones I've always wanted and saw on other islands.

Very good point. I've only been playing for about a year, and was thrilled to add Tanuki and Galaxy to my collection.

fhjigfrf
04-29-16, 08:05 AM

I agree with yuc24. I came in 4th or 5th last time but was happy to get Galaxy. I spent only a little gold to get it. The chance to compete for a dragon and the other prizes (esp food) was nice. It would be discouraging to be in a group where people are spending tons of gold right off the bat, but how other people do doesn't affect anyone else's chances to get each milestone.

It would be nice to have better early milestone prizes (the boxes), like food or a lot of coins. All I got last time was balloons.

Niire
04-29-16, 08:38 AM
Okay...so seriously...I want to clear up what has me so against the leaderboard event...

I feel like a big company should have principles, make events fair for everyone, and, correct bugs, preferably BEFORE the event starts...for these types of events, in my opinion, that should be minimum in s8's mind. The first leaderboard was so lopsided it was ridiculous. Android players were already at a disadvantage, and in my personal experience, I encountered the quest bug where I wasn't getting credit for the quests I ran. I reported this as soon as it occurred, and of course a month later basically is when I got the response that they gave lost quest points back (I never got them), and that that issue was caused by server sync errors (well, it wasn't on MY side, as, after they fixed it, everything I was doing was registering, and I didn't swap out what I was doing). So, support, in my mind not only dropped the ball, they attacked it with a chainsaw. I came in third place, but could have been second or first if I had my points from the quest. NOW...I don't expect to get every single dragon that comes along. And I am not a sore loser against those in my bracket that beat me. I have a HUGE issue with the way I was treated through the bug issue with support. It's a matter of principle, and it's completely unacceptable for a big company that I do and did pay gold to during that event to basically spit in my face after a month long wait. I'd have been happy with an apology, but didn't even get THAT. This experience...yea...I want nothing to do with any more of THAT mess, because we ALL know there will be bugs.

Now, I need to say this too...the milestone portion? I actually loved that part. Earn your way up to the grand prize, it was different and awesome. IF the actual leaderboard was made to be fair for everyone involved, and they take the time to address issues with their game, I actually would not mind the leaderboard at all.

Gah, sorry for this long novel rant. But, I HOPE someone on the dev team for this event reads this, and takes some of it at least to heart. We're going to be stuck with this event, let's try to make it fun and fair, and be willing to fix mistakes.

amerirish
04-29-16, 08:48 AM
As I stated last time; first off I do not want to compete against other players in this game. That is not the kind of game I signed on for and do not enjoy. Second; I don't expect to get every dragon either - lord knows how many Limited Time dragons I missed because of various reasons (mostly because they're super rare, you only have a few days to breed, requirements for other events preventing me from trying, etc.). Third; I do not find an event any sort of challenge if I know I have ZERO chance of winning. With Tales events, tournaments and even World events my destiny is either in my hands completely or my actions have a direct effect on the outcomes. With these loserboard (TM!) events, I know before it even begins that I will not get the grand prize because there are just too many people out there that have more $$ to spend than I do. If the goal is to make money then why not just sell the dragon for tons of gold (like Diamond dragons). All this structure does is create ill-will, anger and disappointment among a large percentage of players.

Niire
04-29-16, 08:53 AM
As I stated last time; first off I do not want to compete against other players in this game. That is not the kind of game I signed on for and do not enjoy. Second; I don't expect to get every dragon either - lord knows how many Limited Time dragons I missed because of various reasons (mostly because they're super rare, you only have a few days to breed, requirements for other events preventing me from trying, etc.). Third; I do not find an event any sort of challenge if I know I have ZERO chance of winning. With Tales events, tournaments and even World events my destiny is either in my hands completely or my actions have a direct effect on the outcomes. With these loserboard (TM!) events, I know before it even begins that I will not get the grand prize because there are just too many people out there that have more $$ to spend than I do. If the goal is to make money then why not just sell the dragon for tons of gold (like Diamond dragons). All this structure does is create ill-will, anger and disappointment among a large percentage of players.

Yup. I figured your points are being echoed by many people amerirish, I totally agree with them as well, I just already had a novel, lol...

FieldsLikeB
04-29-16, 09:11 AM
I refuse to participate in these leader board events.

Kennedward
04-29-16, 09:16 AM
To answer the poll: No, and it seems most players agree with me

trauma46
04-29-16, 09:33 AM
I didnt enjoy the leaderboard at all. It was totally one sided, didnt give me a feeling of achievement the way the Events do or even the Tales in some way ... there was no point in spending any gold to get anywhere when after 1 day the 1st place already had almost the first 2 dragons .. so i just did not bother. If the group had been balanced then we would have fought harder ...
I dont play DS to compete .. if I wanted to do that I would play one of the many other games out there.
So totally with Niire, DeeDee, Ken, ameirish and all the rest of you who did not enjoy it ;)

Additionally I have lost at least 2 neighbours who just hated the leaderboard and this back to back tourney / event/ Tales so much they just quite playing altogether which is a pity as they were good neighbours and spent good money on gold ! And that is just the ones i know about !

pernmagic
04-29-16, 09:58 AM
Android and iOS players will be split in the next Leaderboard Event.
Guess that will make a difference to some Flatfoot thanks for that info BUT the main difficulty a lot of us long term players have with this type of event is that it pits player against player in competition instead of the well loved supportive team effort dragon story is so well renown for and loved for ..... Many of us have known each other for a long time, helping with each and every problem which arises and this new format competition just goes against the grain as it is opposite to that.
The milestone rewards aspect is ok I think with most of us but we are not happy with the final rewards being decided by how much money anyone has to play just to win against long term friends and neighbours ..... Not comfortable with that ....

amerirish
04-29-16, 10:08 AM
Yup. I figured your points are being echoed by many people amerirish, I totally agree with them as well, I just already had a novel, lol...

I liked and agreed with your novel Niire :D

Hawk1
04-29-16, 11:15 AM

I'll second that :)

I was really happy to get Tanuki and Galaxy, but the fact that a large percentage of my leaderboard gave up in the first couple of days made me sad for them. They knew they had zero chance of winning the grand prize and I think most of them had the milestones so why bother. That is not fun

Hepatu
04-29-16, 11:22 AM

me too

krissy5000
04-29-16, 11:31 AM
Sadly, it's pretty clear that all the negative poll results and community feedback in the world won't have much of an effect. If the leaderboard events are profitable, they'll keep returning whether many of us like it or not. Apparently folks shelled out a bunch of money the last time, and despite all the complaints, a few weeks later here we are.

Best to just find a way to ignore/play around them.

Niire
04-29-16, 11:42 AM
Sadly, it's pretty clear that all the negative poll results and community feedback in the world won't have much of an effect. If the leaderboard events are profitable, they'll keep returning whether many of us like it or not. Apparently folks shelled out a bunch of money the last time, and despite all the complaints, a few weeks later here we are.

Best to just find a way to ignore/play around them.

Yah, and that is why I put down what I did. I am trying to make some negative as positive as possible. FlatFoot, that is definitely a step in the right direction with fairness. Thank you so much for that! :)

Make it as bug free and fair as possible, and it won't be as painful. I also do agree with folks that said that the milestones were a little difficult, but I still love the concept of being able to earn dragons we weren't able to get when they were here before.

And *hugs* Hepatu and amerirish...I know it was long, but I really do hope we can get some positives put into this, especially since I guarantee it's gonna be permanent, it earned too much money NOT to, lol.

mybunnytail
04-29-16, 12:01 PM
God...my brain is bleeding already...

You know, I am seriously thinking about not even logging in at all during the duration of this leaderboard.

My very same thought. It may be a great time for a break!

mbyte68
04-29-16, 12:30 PM
It's called harvest as much food for another tales time that's prob due back soon

vikapony
04-29-16, 01:03 PM
Noooooooo!!!!!! I hate the Leaderboard Event! I played like crazy, but could just hit 3K and can't even imagine how much gold is needed to get 17,000 (like 1 st place neighbor in my team)

snowyhillz
04-29-16, 01:28 PM
I put I don't care..... If you don't like it just don't participate, last time I got the goal dragons (2 were new to me) I like how the game is getting a lot of different aspects, and I think it is good for the game to cater to people who have different styles of game play

ybbyhunum
04-29-16, 01:45 PM
Disliked the last event voted no but won't count my vote!:mad:

random59
04-29-16, 02:00 PM
Disliked the last event voted no but won't count my vote!:mad:

A bit harsh, this is one of my husbands accounts and is played on my iPad and he can't vote sort of sucks!

19sparkles96
04-29-16, 03:56 PM

So I play DS on a WiFi iPad Mini and on my Android LG G4 cell phone. I'm in the Pacific time zone, so will my category be determined by the device I sign in with after 11:30am? And after my category is set, will it stay that way irregardless of the device I use from that point on?

Bastiaan0
04-29-16, 04:02 PM
The milestone bit isn't too bad, looks like a world event, adding evolving to earning points looks like it's doable. But I still don't like the competitive part... although I got Skylord from last fleaderboard event I'm dreading those gold/money spending people... :(
I still stand by my choise to vote NO

freshfunin2008
04-29-16, 04:24 PM
So I play DS on a WiFi iPad Mini and on my Android LG G4 cell phone. I'm in the Pacific time zone, so will my category be determined by the device I sign in with after 11:30am? And after my category is set, will it stay that way irregardless of the device I use from that point on?

Good question. I think a lot of people do something similar. I use both platforms as well sometimes.

random59
04-29-16, 06:52 PM
Good question. I think a lot of people do something similar. I use both platforms as well sometimes.

Likewise

blueangel826
04-29-16, 08:28 PM

I totally agree with everything amerirish says here! I had hoped that S8 had been bombarded with so much negativity from BD Leaderboard event & especially from a majority of longtime players, they'd realize they screwed up! But due to the competitive attitude of so many who bought & used so much gold, my thought is naive since I'm willing to bet that S8 made more money on that event than on ANY SINGLE COMPETITION they've EVER had! !! The best thing I had from that was breeding my 1st DIAMOND & I was lvl 121♡

weggelassen
04-30-16, 03:16 AM
Oh i like the last one, and the next one sincerly too

Kami365
04-30-16, 06:58 AM
Of course!! NOT!! Agreed with most of the players decisions.

Kennedward
04-30-16, 06:58 AM
Good to see the majority agrees with me on voting NO, but I still see quite a lot of yes though

freesiawoods
04-30-16, 08:32 AM
No. Not only the competitive aspect but also the last event had nothing worth winning unless I spent a lot of gold.

jim23cash
04-30-16, 08:40 AM
I am a "gold/money spending people", and I don't appreciate S8 creating events that cause resentment or anger against players like me. I buy gold. I speed breed. I like to collect ALL Dragons. I prefer cooperative events, where we work with our friends and neighbors. My gold purchasing isn't held against me then, as it helps the whole community.
I don't dislike leaderboard events, per se; I just don't like having a Dragon be the grand prize only a couple of people in your group can get. I think it would be more fun for us if we could work together in these small groups to meet milestones for Dragons, and have the top 3 prizes be combinations of food, gold, and some sort of trophy. period.
I got the top prize last time; but I voted "NO" for another of the same type event. Since the event has already been planned, it is my hope that S8 will have made changes from last time, incorporating our feedback.
Thanks, Annie :D

monbohn
04-30-16, 09:13 AM
My two cents, for what it's worth. :p I personally didn't enjoy the leader board event. I'm not competitive and I'm happy to let others go for the big prizes....that doesn't bother me. Though I do think measures should be taken to make it more fair for people who can't, or don't want to, purchase gold. I know many have worked hard to have their extra nests and special dragons, some are able to purchase these things and some just haven't grown that much yet....hard to make things even. But maybe put a limit on how many boosts can be used, or have some special leader board items that can be purchased with coins....an extra breeding den or nest or something only good during leaderboard. Then you can store it until the next one. Or even have it expire at the end of the event. Something to help even things out and give more people a shot. My issue with the event personally was the milestones. I bred and hatched like crazy....couldn't speed things because I use what little gold I do splurge on to buy habitats mostly, sometimes dragons. As hard as I tried I couldn't even get the Pi?ata or other milestone prizes, all I managed was a bunch of balloons I didn't want or need. And I was 3rd in my group. So my whole group pretty much got nothing out of the event. I was disappointed. I know the prizes shouldn't be super easy to get, but within reach at least. I do well enough on Tales and tournaments and other stuff so this shouldn't have been so far beyond me that I only got balloons. I have 2 nests and 500 gold for a 3rd is more than I care to spend. So I'll check this out and see if it's a little better and maybe give it a shot. If I'm still disappointed I just won't participate. Plenty of other things to do and would give me time to work on things I've neglected with the back to back events and stuff between here and FFS. :) I voted no on the poll.

orson92
04-30-16, 09:32 AM
This leaderboard competition is ridiculous..those that can afford to spend a lot of gold, more often end up winning
This game is suppose to be FUN, having this event makes it a chore and totally not fair
I too voted
NO NO NO NO NO NO
from all my accounts

monbohn
04-30-16, 09:35 AM
I am a "gold/money spending people", and I don't appreciate S8 creating events that cause resentment or anger against players like me. I buy gold. I speed breed. I like to collect ALL Dragons. I prefer cooperative events, where we work with our friends and neighbors. My gold purchasing isn't held against me then, as it helps the whole community.
I don't dislike leaderboard events, per se; I just don't like having a Dragon be the grand prize only a couple of people in your group can get. I think it would be more fun for us if we could work together in these small groups to meet milestones for Dragons, and have the top 3 prizes be combinations of food, gold, and some sort of trophy. period.
I got the top prize last time; but I voted "NO" for another of the same type event. Since the event has already been planned, it is my hope that S8 will have made changes from last time, incorporating our feedback.

Yes, I agree. It's not fair to pit people against each other or cause resentment between people who do or don't spend money on the game, for whatever reason. Because my funds are limited I choose to spend in certain areas....If I could spend more, believe me, there are plenty of things I would love to get. It was the dragons that initially drew me in and I'd love to have many that I don't have. I don't begrudge anyone who can put more money into the game than I can. Without people spending money we probably wouldn't have this game to play. The problem is with S8 and the way this was all set up. I hope they weighed the positives and negatives and user comments, etc from the first one and made some changes to this one so it's more enjoyable and fair for all players. And in having happier and more satisfied players they should find people more willing to spend a little extra too. If people are really unhappy they are more likely to stop playing or stop investing in the game.

porkchomp
04-30-16, 09:44 AM
I enjoyed the last leaderboard event.

1. I don't know how Storm8 decided the groups, but I found myself placed in a competitive group with the top-half of finishers playing a very similar style to me. (Translation - people that spend gold at a rate that suggests they have never purchased gold). I could tell people did spend gold to accelerate on occasion, but nobody in our group had scores anywhere close to some of those posted for the last event.

2. It required some rather dedicated attention to earn the points. But I find this no different than World Events or Tournaments. (Dragon Tales I find are generally a little less rigorous on requiring constant attention).

CatSS4
04-30-16, 11:24 AM
Please note TL or Storm8 , I will purposely not be
playing during the Mama Leaderboard competition.
I will not compete with others for my Mama's love.
I added up my credit card receipts.
I have spent over $1000.00 on gold since I started playing DS 2 yrs ago. I could have gone on a vacation.
I will also not spend gold for anything after this tournament.

groovyedwin
04-30-16, 02:24 PM
ATTENTION MODERATOR! If there is any info on changes that will be implemented this time around, such as hiding Storm8ID's etc. , can you please append that info to my Post #1? Thanks!

I prefer to see Storm8IDs so I can invite and possibly have the players be neighbors.

awsumum
04-30-16, 03:11 PM

Hey Annie! I totally agree with everything you've said. I, too, am a gold spender and dragon collector. I have every dragon released so far, but I LOATHED the last leaderboard event with a passion. I was really hoping it was a one-off thing, but like others have said, it would be naive to think it won't happen again as S8 made a ton of money off it. I got the top prize and made an awesome new neighbour, but I felt very sorry for 3rd place and more so when the bottom three stopped playing. To only reward the top 2 with a dragon was unfair, and made me love the community events even more as working together is a lot more fun than against each other. Anyway that's my opinion, thanx for letting me rant.
Rache

Kennedward
04-30-16, 05:40 PM

Well I have gold saved up, since I have all the gold producing dragons, but spending it without a certain limit isn't worth it for me, especially since I know some players would spend tons of it to get over 10,000 or 20,000 points on leaderboards.

I think it's fine when it's only 250 or even 500 for a gold-only habitat, but if it's without a limit, because there's no way to predict how much others will spend on your leaderboard, I won't even bother spending knowing that someone else will easily beat my points by just spending real money.

Anyways, I still won't spend gold on this event just to beat others' points for a merely dragon, which I already have tons of.

JCG812
04-30-16, 06:15 PM
Results on the poll are surprising. Shocked on how many like/approve this play style.

I voted no.

Kennedward
04-30-16, 08:36 PM
Results on the poll are surprising. Shocked on how many like/approve this play style.

I voted no.

Agreed, my thoughts exactly if you look at my previous post a page or so back

Clark_Wayne
04-30-16, 08:43 PM

I voted no.

yes i'm surprised too : i thought we would have 80-90% voting NO.
still we have 65% voting NO. but i think that people who stopped playing disgusted by the last leaderboard are missing in the votes
and most of those who voted YES must be those who wasn't in 10000-20000 miles groups

Clark_Wayne
04-30-16, 08:52 PM

so if i start leaderboard in Android, i'll be in Android group and after that i switch to my iPad and i will have a bonus (arctic isles) vs the other Android players ?
really bad idea !

DeeDe99
04-30-16, 08:57 PM
so if i start leaderboard in Android, i'll be in Android group and after that i switch to my iPad and i will have a bonus (arctic isles) vs the other Android players ?
really bad idea !

agree!

Two evolution temples, assuming the Isles will count.

Kennedward
04-30-16, 09:35 PM
yes i'm surprised too : i thought we would have 80-90% voting NO.
still we have 65% voting NO. but i think that people who stopped playing disgusted by the last leaderboard are missing in the votes
and most of those who voted YES must be those who wasn't in 10000-20000 miles groups

I wonder who voted yes when most of the posts have been NO

whitewineglass
04-30-16, 09:55 PM
Voted no
Although I got skylord in the last event, I don't want to participate again. It was nothing but stressful
I was lucky to be in a group with no big gold spenders, and we all have the same amount of nests etc.
But I've heard people were in groups where some players are willing to spend gold on several skylord fountains/ boosts, it's nearly impossible for the others to win if they don't do the same
I dislike the fact that it's more of an competition on who could spend the most gold rather than effort..

DeeDe99
04-30-16, 10:39 PM
I'm just going to ignore it and play my usual game. If I get any prizes, well and good, but I refuse to compete on a very muddy playing field where the goal posts are wonky.

Kennedward
05-01-16, 06:33 AM
I'm just going to ignore it and play my usual game. If I get any prizes, well and good, but I refuse to compete on a very muddy playing field where the goal posts are wonky.

Same here, won't bother going for #1 place, but will enjoy seeing a fight between those who are willing to spend money just for a single dragon.

Jackiesq
05-01-16, 06:47 AM

Okay, so only Androids in my group, thx for that. But are the milestones for Android lower too? I'm only interested in individual dragons, because I don't like the ranking part. IOS players had more opions to get points, so for them the 3 dragons were much easier then for Android players last time...

roguebee
05-01-16, 08:00 AM
I figure I'll take the same approach as last time, play for the milestone dragons, if possible, and let those who want to pay to win have their fun.

My main issue was the in your face competition within the game.

Kennedward
05-01-16, 09:00 AM
I figure I'll take the same approach as last time, play for the milestone dragons, if possible, and let those who want to pay to win have their fun.

Agreed

But it was interesting seeing some people battling it out just for a dragon, because by doing that they are spending tons of money for gold, cause even gold producing dragons won't produce gold fast enough at the rate they spent them.

sleepygs
05-01-16, 12:37 PM
I thought the last leaderboard event wasn't going to be so bad: I was in a reasonable group and the individual milestones were dragons I didn't have, but wanted like pi?ata... Then I tried very hard to play and never got a single dragon prize. Nope. Not even the individual prizes. I don't know how I could have played more! I'm just going to try to ignore the whole thing, but if it was easier to get the individual dragon prizes, it wouldn't leave such a bad taste...

monbohn
05-01-16, 01:25 PM
I thought the last leaderboard event wasn't going to be so bad: I was in a reasonable group and the individual milestones were dragons I didn't have, but wanted like pi?ata... Then I tried very hard to play and never got a single dragon prize. Nope. Not even the individual prizes. I don't know how I could have played more! I'm just going to try to ignore the whole thing, but if it was easier to get the individual dragon prizes, it wouldn't leave such a bad taste...

Same here. I couldn't even reach enough points for individual milestones other than a bunch of balloons I don't need. And I was 3rd in my group. So maybe the 2 above me were able to reach those...and if not, at least they got the bigger prizes. I'm not going to put so much effort into something I just get junk out of. I hadn't realized until now that Android players are at a disadvantage in many things. When it starts I'll check it out and if it's more reasonable now to reach some milestones I'll give it a shot. If not I'll just work on things I've neglected with all the back to back events we've had.

debrasbistro
05-01-16, 02:33 PM
I voted no. And, no way will I do anything but play normally, if at all. Life is stressful enough with cars not starting, doctors appts, work, rent... Last thing I need is another one of these.

I think that a lot of people not knowing what to expect spent more than they wanted to last time. I don't see as many doing that this time, but time will tell.

AnglChk507
05-01-16, 03:59 PM
I never got any memo about this mommas day event.

moonchild1987
05-01-16, 04:41 PM
Check your updates for your devise.

Kennedward
05-01-16, 04:43 PM
So strange how many posts are no but the votes have quite a lot of yes

DeeDe99
05-01-16, 05:35 PM
So strange how many posts are no but the votes have quite a lot of yes

But the % of yes votes is dropping. It was 30% yesterday, has dropped to 27% (oh, ok, nearly 28%) today.

I think the yes vote people may a) have nothing to say other than show support for the event and/or b) feel a little intimidated by the vocal "no" crowd (of which I am one). Usually when we are against something we are more demonstrative, when we agree we "nod in agreement" kind of thing.

Kennedward
05-01-16, 05:39 PM
But the % of yes votes is dropping. It was 30% yesterday, has dropped to 27% (oh, ok, nearly 28%) today.

I think the yes vote people may a) have nothing to say other than show support for the event and/or b) feel a little intimidated by the vocal "no" crowd (of which I am one). Usually when we are against something we are more demonstrative, when we agree we "nod in agreement" kind of thing.

I don't know, still feels strange seeing so many, the percentage may not be high but still the number of 70+ players voted yes surprises me

lnztrekfan
05-01-16, 07:02 PM
Don't forget if you have multiple islands to log in with those user names and vote. :)

random59
05-01-16, 07:07 PM
[UOTE=lnztrekfan;1287735]Don't forget if you have multiple islands to log in with those user names and vote. :)[/QUOTE]
It wouldn't let my husband vote, presumably because both games are on the same iPad, don't think it works like that!

Kennedward
05-01-16, 07:52 PM
This event is coming soon, I won't be participating like the last one, but will enjoy to see who in my group will get more points

lnztrekfan
05-01-16, 08:06 PM
[UOTE=lnztrekfan;1287735]Don't forget if you have multiple islands to log in with those user names and vote. :)

It wouldn't let my husband vote, presumably because both games are on the same iPad, don't think it works like that!

I had to go to the top of the page and log out. Then log in with my other user names. I'm on the full site. Was able to vote from all three of my islands on my iPhone.

Jewelnan
05-02-16, 02:51 AM
Apparently more are voting NO ,yay. HATE competition for main dragon prizes. We are a community that helps and supports others that need it!!!!! This is divisive!

ladymakay
05-02-16, 05:34 AM
I don't like the concept of competing with others for prizes, however I have to admit that the group I was in was AWESOME so that made the event much more enjoyable. I also know I lucked out, quite a few people were grouped with cut throat, dragon mongers lol. I'll play the game as I normally do during the Leaderboards, no more, no less

burnt_1
05-02-16, 05:48 AM
Leaderboards must disappear. They are a gimmick for tricking players into buying and spending gold at a furious pace. *****ing is common and the prizes are lame. Don't fall for this trick. Just say NO! TL wastes precious development resources on junk like this while the game is kicking out players left and right. Fix the game!

Tracey8170
05-02-16, 06:13 AM
Yes

Kennedward
05-02-16, 06:27 AM
Leaderboards must disappear. They are a gimmick for tricking players into buying and spending gold at a furious pace. *****ing is common and the prizes are lame. Don't fall for this trick. Just say NO! TL wastes precious development resources on junk like this while the game is kicking out players left and right. Fix the game!

I sure hope people don't fall for it in the upcoming event, even though I doubt that'll be the case

tuffyjkitten
05-02-16, 07:47 AM

Well said. I too just played for the Pinata dragon last time since I didn't have it. Never even attempted to go for the main prize. And I was in a group that wasn't outrageously spending, though I believe the ultimate winner spent some gold at the last minute to jump from a lower spot to winner. That's their right to do, but it's not my style to play competitively like that.

Seems that S8 in general is trending more competitive as opposed to cooperative with the recent events in all games, such as not being able to sell event items in FS2 anymore to help people. Not a good move when you push the community nature of your games so much.

tuffyjkitten
05-02-16, 07:54 AM

Everything is like that though, right down to the goal book. Remember there is a goal very early on to spend gold on something. I've had countless new player neighbors beg for gold because they have to complete the goals and they need gold to do so. Ummm...no. I have a gazillion goals in my book, if they get done great and if not, oh well. Still waiting for that super elusive Elements dragon to grace my island, lol!

xray79er
05-02-16, 08:01 AM
Well said!

AnglChk507
05-02-16, 09:08 AM

I don't have as update for this nor did i get a memo about it Either wth? Also where do we go to vote this thing that everyone is talking about

AnglChk507
05-02-16, 09:27 AM
I dont even care about the mother day dragon or whatever even though im a momma myself i was just hoping to get the milestone prizes if i didnt already have them because i also dont agree with the competing especially how i made people soOo mad that i won because i have gold to spend... I'm really quite pissed by it

jim23cash
05-02-16, 09:39 AM
I don't have as update for this nor did i get a memo about it Either wth? Also where do we go to vote this thing that everyone is talking about

It may have updated automatcally, does your icon look different? It is no longer the Birthday version, it's the Mother's Day version. The event hasn't started, it's just part of the new version description.
If you are using the mobile version of the forum, you need to go to the full version to see the poll and vote. Then the poll is at the top of every page in the thread. Once you vote, it just shows the results of everyone that has voted so far.
Hope that helps! :D Annie

freshfunin2008
05-02-16, 10:11 AM
The "YES" votes could be most of the winners from the last event. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lnztrekfan
05-02-16, 10:12 AM
I don't want to sound stupid but I've been wondering how are they able to tell who plays on android and who plays on iOS? Obviously on our end android doesn't have some of the same things but I don't get how they actually know what each account is using.

jim23cash
05-02-16, 10:13 AM

I dont even care about the mother day dragon or whatever even though im a momma myself i was just hoping to get the milestone prizes if i didnt already have them because i also dont agree with the competing especially how i made people soOo mad that i won because i have gold to spend... I'm really quite pissed by it

I feel the same way. It's already getting upsetting seeing all the negative things people are saying about anyone who spends gold, especially those who are suggesting that people who spend gold are just "falling for" some plot. I'm not stupid, I've already stated that I like to collect Dragons, and that I spend gold. As I said before, (above), I don't appreciate S8 putting us in the position of being resented or disliked by other players. I like community events, where we work together. If we have to compete for something in these events, it should not be a Dragon.
It would be nice if people on here would stick to commenting on the event, and stop making comments about players that play differently than you.
S8, please stop these divisive events. You are causing dissent in our community. We (mostly) prefer to work together.
Thank you, Annie :(

jim23cash
05-02-16, 10:20 AM
The "YES" votes could be most of the winners from the last event. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I voted no, and I won last event. At least one other winner has posted the same thing. All people that spend gold do not automatcally like this type of event.

AnglChk507
05-02-16, 10:25 AM
It may have updated automatcally, does your icon look different? It is no longer the Birthday version, it's the Mother's Day version. The event hasn't started, it's just part of the new version description.
If you are using the mobile version of the forum, you need to go to the full version to see the poll and vote. Then the poll is at the top of every page in the thread. Once you vote, it just shows the results of everyone that has voted so far.
Hope that helps! :D Annie

Not on that app I'm on the original app

ladymakay
05-02-16, 10:36 AM
I feel the same way. It's already getting upsetting seeing all the negative things people are saying about anyone who spends gold, especially those who are suggesting that people who spend gold are just "falling for" some plot. I'm not stupid, I've already stated that I like to collect Dragons, and that I spend gold. As I said before, (above), I don't appreciate S8 putting us in the position of being resented or disliked by other players. I like community events, where we work together. If we have to compete for something in these events, it should not be a Dragon.
It would be nice if people on here would stick to commenting on the event, and stop making comments about players that play differently than you.
S8, please stop these divisive events. You are causing dissent in our community. We (mostly) prefer to work together.
Thank you, Annie :(

I

I agree that the insults and judgmental attitudes are out of line, S8 may be responsible for the event but individuals are responsible for their reactions and attitudes towards other players.

metsfreek
05-02-16, 10:45 AM

I also won Skylord and voted no. If more people were able to win the top prize I'd be more okay with this event.

Niire
05-02-16, 10:51 AM
I can honestly say I don't mind folks who spend gold. It's your choice, and if you like to play that way, cool by me. It's the division this event causes that gets me, as well as the lopsidedness that s8 allows to go on. I definitely don't put ANY blame on the players and the community.I actually bought $5 worth of gold so I could get my galaxy dragon last time. :)

Hawk1
05-02-16, 10:52 AM
I can honestly say I don't mind folks who spend gold. It's your choice, and if you like to play that way, cool by me. It's the division this event causes that gets me, as well as the lopsidedness that s8 allows to go on.

Ditto

athenageez
05-02-16, 10:58 AM
Sounds good. Would be a good excuse to finally get around to evolving my dragons with 30+ hour timers.

tuffyjkitten
05-02-16, 10:58 AM
I'm not resentful of or (hopefully!) not being disrespectful to those who won or tried to win by spending gold. That's their right. That's how they want to play the game. I'm glad they are successful and enjoying their accomplishments. But Annie makes a good point, these events are causing bad feeling towards others and I agree that is not something S8 should do. Of course they are going to design events that encourage people to buy gold. We can't get rid of that! The division that it causes between players is NOT something they should encourage though. If there's no way to redesign the event to not create bad feeling, they need to scrap it and try something else.

For the record I voted yes despite my objections to the competitive aspect because I chose NOT to compete with anyone. I played it like a world event in order to achieve the milestones. That made it a decent type of event for me.

sophiensissi
05-02-16, 11:07 AM
The thing I don't understand about this event is how our opponents are determined? Is it by level?

lnztrekfan
05-02-16, 11:29 AM
Oh god! I just saw the mama dragon and I'm in love and so sad because I know I won't win!! Was there the option to buy the dragon straight out last time? I'm sorry I can't not play! I'm a sucker for pink!!! Posting a pic.

AuroraLava
05-02-16, 11:34 AM
Oh god! I just saw the mama dragon and I'm in love and so sad because I know I won't win!! Was there the option to buy the dragon straight out last time? I'm sorry I can't not play! I'm a sucker for pink!!! Posting a pic.

I was just about to upload the image as well. I love the look of this dragon so I am a little sad I won't get it. Good luck to all those who compete in this event.

Niire
05-02-16, 11:36 AM
Yup, same here. Beautiful and adorable at the same time, and I know I won't get it...probably gonna sit it out unless there's milestone dragons I don't have...

lnztrekfan
05-02-16, 11:37 AM
I was just about to upload the image as well. I love the look of this dragon so I am a little sad I won't get it. Good luck to all those who compete in this event.

Is it wrong that I wish it were an ugly dragon?! LoL! Then I wouldn't be too sad not to win it!

Niire I thought of you immediately! I know you love new dragons! <3 :)

sophiensissi
05-02-16, 11:45 AM
I enjoyed the last leaderboard event.

1. I don't know how Storm8 decided the groups, but I found myself placed in a competitive group with the top-half of finishers playing a very similar style to me. (Translation - people that spend gold at a rate that suggests they have never purchased gold). I could tell people did spend gold to accelerate on occasion, but nobody in our group had scores anywhere close to some of those posted for the last event.

2. It required some rather dedicated attention to earn the points. But I find this no different than World Events or Tournaments. (Dragon Tales I find are generally a little less rigorous on requiring constant attention).

You are right, winning depends on who you get as opponents. I was 3rd place last time and the 1st and 2nd place winners deserved it. They constantly had boosts going to earn extra points and I was okay with that. I asked them if they spent a lot of money on it and they did. Most of my neighbors, however, had many less points than me and won the dragon without spending gold. They just didn't have the competitive opponents that I did. Luck of the draw!? I would have loved to win that dragon, but I don't even recall what it was called now. Lol. I will participate this time again and hope to get the dragon without spending a lot of gold.

AuroraLava
05-02-16, 11:46 AM
Is it wrong that I wish it were an ugly dragon?! LoL! Then I wouldn't be too sad not to win it!

Lol I wish it were ugly too ha ha. #sourgrapes

Niire
05-02-16, 11:52 AM

Aww, thank you! <3 LOL, it reminds me of myself sitting in a chair and my cats climbing all over me...

ievuxia
05-02-16, 12:06 PM
Ahh it's a really gorgeous dragon! I'm amazed! I won the Skylord one without spending any gold because my opponents weren't very competitive, so I guess I must consider myself very lucky. I'm really hoping to be in a similar group this time too, this Mama dragon is just too adorable, I want it so badly.. :)

fattom19
05-02-16, 12:14 PM
Last leaderboard challenge for me was a nightmare! In the marketplace it showed me the item to buy that would get you extra leaderboard points, and my fiance was able to participate in hers, yet on my game besides the marketplace item there was NOWHERE for me to actually particpate in the event. After about 2 days the icon finally appeared out of nowhere, and I began to do the activities and was in 1st for about 3 hrs, after that 3 people went CRAZY and I gave up seeing that people were going to spend any gold it took to win 1st or 2nd, I believe the final score for 1st place was somewhere around 6k, which is complete insanity in my opinion lol anyway here's hoping I'm in a less competitive group this time (and that I can start from the beginning of the event). Oh yea by the way my fiance finished 1st in her group with a score somewhere around 1k lol, big difference!

fattom19
05-02-16, 12:19 PM
Also just wanted to ask if someone could clear something up for me, earlier in this thread I saw someone mention that people that had the artic isles had an advantage over people who did not, so my question is how does the artic isle help you in a leaderboard event? Is it that you get points for hatching over there as well? If so that is a very helpful hint being that I never go on my artic isle anymore but if you get leaderboard points for doing so I definitely will, thanks in advance for any help

amerirish
05-02-16, 12:22 PM
Aww, thank you! <3 LOL, it reminds me of myself sitting in a chair and my cats climbing all over me...

Gah!! Niire; we really were separated at birth! I am an official Crazy Cat Lady!!! And darn proud of it :D

DragonPhoenix6
05-02-16, 12:29 PM
I voted no, I will participate to get the milestones for the 3 dragons, but I am still not happy at all with the fact that to get the grand prize we need to spend a fortune in gold!
I got the Skylord dragon on the last event as I spent thousands in gold but I will not be spending gold this time to get the mother dragon!

Niire
05-02-16, 12:37 PM
The Mama Dragon Leaderboard event will seperate iOS and Android players so the lack of Artic Isle in Android won't affect player performance.

Hey FlatFoot! beautiful dragon once again! Someone did bring up the point that they use both devices, lol...sooooo...

fluffpuff21
05-02-16, 12:48 PM
I use both devices but don't have Arctic Isles yet.... Eep.....

ellipadaki
05-02-16, 12:50 PM
You just have to log in with both S8 IDs separately?vote once, log out, and log into the forum again with the other ID. As long as you have separate island IDs then you should each be able to vote. That's how it worked for our multiplayer household.

Edit: grr, this was in response to another post but I didn't hit reply with quote, and now I can't even find the post. Obviously I need to just stick to reading posts, not posting myself. ��

ellipadaki
05-02-16, 12:54 PM
The Mama dragon really is surprisingly adorable. Too bad I won't actually place high enough to get it. :(

random59
05-02-16, 12:55 PM
I use both devices but don't have Arctic Isles yet.... Eep.....

I have had to revert to play on android as the crashing is driving me insane on my iPad and I not upgrading my iPad just to play a game!

caramellenina
05-02-16, 01:03 PM
Thanks for your comment. I am a regular spender on gold in Dragon Tales but when I started out in the Leaderboards game for this last event, I was determined to get the 1st prize but when I started figuring out I was going to have to use thousands of gold, I backed out. I'm sorry a dragon just isn't worth that much. They'd have to be so powerful that they are the only dragon you need to win tournaments, that they win every battle and have the ability to fly all over my island and plant gold on each habitat! lol Sorry other than that, not for me. :p

blackeneddove
05-02-16, 01:11 PM
Mama dragon is sooooo cute with her babies!! :D:o

blackeneddove
05-02-16, 01:13 PM
There are 3 trophies next to her! I'm going to be hopeful that top 3 get the prize this time ;)

PinkBubbles75
05-02-16, 01:17 PM
There was a pop up on my game talking about the mamas day leaderboard event. I should've taken a screen shot of it. The dragon looks adorable and awesome but I'm not liking that only a select few people will get it. I will try for it but I'm not spending gold for it. I don't like how the last leaderboard event turned out so hopefully this one will be better.

StevenKevin
05-02-16, 01:24 PM
I loved the last leadrrboard, competing with other players is such a thrill yesssss :-)

caramellenina
05-02-16, 01:30 PM
It's not even the competition that gets me. It's the money!

freshfunin2008
05-02-16, 01:34 PM
so is it *****ing if you start the LB with android device and then switch over to iOS throughout the event. People have been mentioning *****ing but they don't elaborate. just wondering

freshfunin2008
05-02-16, 01:35 PM
There are 3 trophies next to her! I'm going to be hopeful that top 3 get the prize this time ;)

I think 1/2 to 2/3's of each group should win the dragon. Maybe only the last 3 in every group don't win it. Mix it up some TL.

Hawk1
05-02-16, 01:47 PM
so is it *****ing if you start the LB with android device and then switch over to iOS throughout the event. People have been mentioning *****ing but they don't elaborate. just wondering

Changing from one platform to another is allowed so I don't think that is *****ing, possibly unfair to some but to be perfectly honest I do not care. Don't care how much someone else is willing to spend to win either, I'm going to play as I would whither an event is going on or not. It's a game, I might want Mama dragon but it won't hurt me not to win. Kind of like when playing tournaments there are some dragons I'm willing to ultimate and others it plays out however it's going to be win or lose. Just play and forget about being #1 on your leaderboard, milestones can be as rewarding as the grand prize in my opinion. I never expected to ever have Galaxy or Tanuki so I was happy to win them. Who wouldn't be happy having a dragon that looks like a Raccoon? :)

cocauina
05-02-16, 01:52 PM

ma1eficent
05-02-16, 02:07 PM
Can someone please explain to me what is this?

nicsdragonisle
05-02-16, 02:08 PM
I'll second that :)

I was really happy to get Tanuki and Galaxy, but the fact that a large percentage of my leaderboard gave up in the first couple of days made me sad for them. They knew they had zero chance of winning the grand prize and I think most of them had the milestones so why bother. That is not fun
Couldn't agree more. Had zero chance of winning within hours of the start of the event. Winners on both of mine in the multiple tens of thousands. I didn't have the milestone dragons but used every available earning option (that doesn't require gold) I couldn't even reach the 2nd one. Playing 24/7 with 2 nests going couldn't get me to Tanuki.
To be truly fair, players should be grouped by $ spent on the game. I don't care how much someone wants to spend to win, but the big spenders and/or hackers should play against each other. I think it would be great fun to watch all of the winners in my games go head to head in a spending competition!

JCG812
05-02-16, 02:20 PM

Mama dragon looks super cute!!
If those babies attached to her are animated at epic, I better have my husband hide my credit cards for a week.
Must resist....

Edit: 24hr gold sale just popped.

Deep breathes, deep breathes

random59
05-02-16, 02:21 PM
WOW! I just got gold sale, that does not normally happen unless it's for Black Friday or DS birthday, not complaining but I wonder about the timing and with this event starting 2morrow!

Hawk1
05-02-16, 02:24 PM
I pulled every super rare I had in storage to put on my second nest to gain as many points as I could, didn't boost, did use a few gold at night to clear a nest or den before I went to sleep, but I do that in normal play. I'm not going to be bothered by this event because it isn't worth using all my gold to try and win one dragon.

Surprisingly I have a 24 hour gold sale pfffft

ma1eficent
05-02-16, 02:34 PM
Can someone please tell me what this is and how do you participate?

ekat1985
05-02-16, 02:36 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if this was asked but does anyone know if we will be able to reuse the skylord fountain, if we purchased it last time?

I really want to purchase the cherry blossom dragon, as I haven't been able to breed it but I only have enough gems for it and if we'll have to purchase a new gold-dropping building, I'd like to know ahead of time so I can budget properly.

19sparkles96
05-02-16, 02:52 PM
Hi, I'm not sure if this was asked but does anyone know if we will be able to reuse the skylord fountain, if we purchased it last time?

I really want to purchase the cherry blossom dragon, as I haven't been able to breed it but I only have enough gems for it and if we'll have to purchase a new gold-dropping building, I'd like to know ahead of time so I can budget properly.

Skylord Fountain can't be reused.

nannytodragons
05-02-16, 02:54 PM
this has nothing to do with the upcoming leaderboard challenge but I just checked gold refill cost and chest of gold 530 now costs 15.99 on sale up from 13.99 on april 4th just an FYI lol

catlover1959
05-02-16, 02:57 PM
I don't like the Leaderboard competition either. I think at a minimum if you work hard enough to get all the intermediate dragons, you should win the grand prize dragon also. So maybe everyone who earns all the "babies" wins the Mama also, and then at least 2 people in each group win the Mama. So if you are in a group with low participation, you might win the Mama even without earning all the babies. I think everyone should have a chance to earn the Mama without spending a bunch of gold.

19sparkles96
05-02-16, 02:57 PM

Will the server flag you as IOS if you've EVER been to the Arctic Isles or will it be determined by the device you are using to log in for the first time after the event starts?

jim23cash
05-02-16, 03:15 PM
Can someone please explain to me what is this?

It is a competition type event that has not started yet. You could look at the "Skylord" leaderboard thread for the last one, if you did not play.
Basically, there were prizes you could win, and then there was one Dragon that only the top 2 in your group of ~10 could win last time.
You are placed in a group of "like" players by S8, but last time there were questions about how fair the groupings were. You can spend gold to increase your score in multiple ways. You are only really competing for the top 3 prizes, which include Dragon, food and trophies. The other prizes are available to everyone that can reach the amount needed.

lenasdinner
05-02-16, 03:18 PM
I think if your game is registar that you have artic isle or play one acount on IOS and android you will be in IOS group.no metter what device you use in between or even start with..this would be fair game.I think that S8 allready prepeard who will play in witch group if thay divided us buy spending gold/money droids and IOS.
This is just what I think,logical thing to do.......

moonfate
05-02-16, 03:20 PM
this has nothing to do with the upcoming leaderboard challenge but I just checked gold refill cost and chest of gold 530 now costs 15.99 on sale up from 13.99 on april 4th just an FYI lol

Do you have a 20% sale or 30%?

random59
05-02-16, 03:29 PM

Quite a few of us do not get regular gold sales, apart from special celebrations like Black Friday sales, maybe Christmas and DS birthday, so that's why we get a bit suspicious when we get them! I am not ungrateful to have been given the opportunity to buy gold at a reduced cost.

frenchmarketgirl
05-02-16, 03:54 PM

I voted no.

The poll should be there when you open the game, not just here on the forum. Lots of players never come here.... Not one person I have spoken to enjoyed the last leaderboard event. These poll results are just a very small sampling.

DragonPhoenix6
05-02-16, 04:10 PM
It is an amazing looking dragon and I would love to win it, hopefully I get in a group of players that do not spend a fortune in gold...
Last event's winner won with more than 30,000 points...
I came second with 7,000 but needed to spend a lot of gold...
Not planning on spending much gold this time!

Jennerwein1
05-02-16, 04:24 PM
The poll should be there when you open the game, not just here on the forum. Lots of players never come here.... Not one person I have spoken to enjoyed the last leaderboard event. These poll results are just a very small sampling.
That would only matter if S8 cared about our opinions/ concerns. Nuff said.

Hawk1
05-02-16, 04:39 PM
That would only matter if S8 cared about our opinions/ concerns. Nuff said.

Yep

moonlyght88
05-02-16, 05:23 PM
It's only a good thing for the achievement prizes, but not for the final ones. It's impossible to be among the 3 best scores if you don't spend gold.

blackeneddove
05-02-16, 07:55 PM
Dang. Gold sale I got today is now only 20% off. I was thinking to buy some, but I could barely afford it on the very rare occasion at 30% off. Now I can't afford it at all. :(

blacksbaby4ever
05-02-16, 08:13 PM
Theses events are getting crazy. You can't finish one and they start another. Tournaments during Dragon Tales. I can't evolve other dragons because I use all my food on DT. Why are we having to level up ridiculous dragons so high to complete the tales? No breaks to speak of, one thing after the next. Now another unfair leaderboard event. I have spent a small fortune on gold for this game. To get things I want. Not to win leaderboard events. So now I won't get the Mother's Day dragon? After 35 years of being a Mom? I'm seriously considering dropping this game, and my BS too. I'm not alone either. I've got neighbors who feel the same. I have much better places to spend my money.

jacksusa
05-02-16, 08:17 PM
Too funny! You've got it right! LOL!

jacksusa
05-02-16, 08:26 PM

Yes, she did, Tommy! Two things to ask, (probably too late for this event). Give players the option of playing, that way you won't have to hear complaints about being forced to play, or taking a break. The other would be, if we choose to play, at least match us against players of our own level, one or two levels difference. Last time I was in a group that spanned at least 50 levels. Not fair to me (in the middle) or those at the bottom. Yes, I know, that these events are designed to make us spend cash, but really? Be a little more subtle.

jacksusa
05-02-16, 08:31 PM
Yes, she did, Tommy! Two things to ask, (probably too late for this event). Give players the option of playing, that way you won't have to hear complaints about being forced to play, or taking a break. The other would be, if we choose to play, at least match us against players of our own level, one or two levels difference. Last time I was in a group that spanned at least 50 levels. Not fair to me (in the middle) or those at the bottom. Yes, I know, that these events are designed to make us spend cash, but really? Be a little more subtle.
Only those old enough to remember the Smothers brothers will get this joke!

MTGbaker
05-02-16, 09:41 PM
I love the mama dragon that is the prize for this leaderboard i sooo hope they made some improvements to it because i would really love to compete for her. I hope the milestone dragons are good as well.

newzealander
05-02-16, 10:21 PM
Happy Mothers Day to me - NOT! I am going to give myself a great Mother's Day present by choosing not to actively take part. My time is better spent being a mother, and my money is better spent having brunch out with my family.

chewingthecud
05-02-16, 10:35 PM
Yes this will be a snide remark but I cannot help it - so if you do not madly compete in this event, you won't get a mother? Ummm - "happy" Mothers Day? Really?

I won the last leaderboard challenge - but hated it and I am not even going to try for this one. This is a social game - not a competitive one. If we all get the Mother dragon - I am in. But for only the top players to get a mother in a Mother's Day event - really???

Sorry rant over. S8 - I love this game and have supported you now for 3+ years. You generally do a great job with this great game but please amend the leaderboard challenge to be less competitive and more social - or better still - get rid of them in the future. Thanks.:D

Elspelsie
05-03-16, 12:15 AM
Noooooooo! Not another one! And the prize dragon is even cooler! I'm probably just gonna play like normal and see what I get.... I really like dat mama dragon though.... :(

ma1eficent
05-03-16, 01:07 AM
jim23cash, thank you for letting me know what all the buzz is about!

I didn't know what this is as I missed it last time, but from reading the comments it looks like everyone is preparing for a war they don't want to participate in... WOW

newzealander
05-03-16, 02:25 AM
Yes this will be a snide remark but I cannot help it - so if you do not madly compete in this event, you won't get a mother? Ummm - "happy" Mothers Day? Really?

I won the last leaderboard challenge - but hated it and I am not even going to try for this one. This is a social game - not a competitive one. If we all get the Mother dragon - I am in. But for only the top players to get a mother in a Mother's Day event - really???

Sorry rant over. S8 - I love this game and have supported you now for 3+ years. You generally do a great job with this great game but please amend the leaderboard challenge to be less competitive and more social - or better still - get rid of them in the future. Thanks.:D
Applause

seisurreal
05-03-16, 02:49 AM
Hi S8/TL ★

guess the poll results do say a lot about the receptivity of the event, with 74% disliking this. In addition, many players have given their comments and feedback most could relate to! do let us know if this event will be tweaked/improved or postponed/cancelled following this. TY and GL!

Sandybellee
05-03-16, 03:03 AM
I didn't know what this is as I missed it last time, but from reading the comments it looks like everyone is preparing for a war they don't want to participate in... WOW

That sums it up perfectly!

rado_nik
05-03-16, 06:03 AM
Is anybody know other prizes

fhjigfrf
05-03-16, 06:13 AM
Not yet. I'm looking forward to finding out what the milestone dragons are.

divanightclub
05-03-16, 06:14 AM
I would have preferred the Mother's Day dragon as a prize for a flash tournament( on Friday in time for Mother's Day) giving EVERYONE a BETTER chance of winning her, rather than competing AGAINST each other, resulting in a chosen few who could win IN THE END.

The last leadership board event, I was in first place for ONE DAY. At the end of the competition, I was in 14th place. All I manage to get was pi?ata dragon,(already had Tanuki). So you can imagine the group I was placed in and the amount of gold that was spent by players wanting first and second place.

This particular event is STRICTLY about how much gold/real money players are willing to spend, and it's obvious that the last one was a GREAT success for Storm8/ TL.

I realized THEN, that this event is NOT for me. I refuse to compete with players, having to spend a great deal of money, with no real guarantee of winning the grand prize in the end. Due to other players that are WILLING to spend MORE....

delimiah
05-03-16, 06:29 AM
I've voted NO even though I didn't participate in the last Leader board event as I've read many negative comments.
And it was a great time for me to just enjoy the game as I wanted. So I made used of that time to just plant lots of crops to prepare for the Tale events that will happen soon anyway.
Besides most of these dragons from all the events (except Tales) ended up in storage and forgotten over time eventually. Lol

JustKay
05-03-16, 07:01 AM
Regardless of whether this is a good game feature, this is too soon. We've barely recovered from the first one and that was supposed to be a special birthday event. How can we have another so soon? They should have made enough from that first one to tide them over for a while.. I think this cheapens the event and a lot of issues were raised during and after the event I would have thought they would take some time to tweak it get over the complaints.

farmday0123
05-03-16, 07:23 AM
So exciting , don't know if i can win the mamma but m ready for it, this kind of event is so new n fun, nice dragon this x��

ladymakay
05-03-16, 07:42 AM
I would have preferred the Mother's Day dragon as a prize for a flash tournament( on Friday in time for Mother's Day) giving EVERYONE a BETTER chance of winning her, rather than competing AGAINST each other, resulting in a chosen few who could win IN THE END.

The last leadership board event, I was in first place for ONE DAY. At the end of the competition, I was in 14th place. All I manage to get was pi?ata dragon,(already had Tanuki). So you can imagine the group I was placed in and the amount of gold that was spent by players wanting first and second place.

This particular event is STRICTLY about how much gold/real money players are willing to spend, and it's obvious that the last one was a GREAT success for Storm8/ TL.

I realized THEN, that this event is NOT for me. I refuse to compete with players, having to spend a great deal of money, with no real guarantee of winning the grand prize in the end. Due to other players that are WILLING to spend MORE....

There was a "player" in my group who stayed in 19th place until the last 12 hours.... out of nowhere they shot up to 1st , funny thing is somehow they were able to earn an unbelievable amount of points with NO fountain, Quest post glowing, no dragons breeding, no eggs in the nest. ...ever. Said "player" mysteriously disappeared shortly after the event, S8 ID invalid. . It was almost comical if it hadn't been so insulting to think that I or other players wouldn't immediately know that it was a ghost opponent. Try again lol

RaeRaeP
05-03-16, 07:45 AM
Seriously people??? To all the negative commenters: THEN DON'T PLAY!....it is just a game, and a free one at that! If you are not competitive then just skip this one, those of us that enjoy a little competition will not miss you.
I salute the creators for trying to come up with different contests/activities to keep us interested & playing. I am a Dragon Story player for over 5 years, this is my first post....I've earned it ;)
I've never heard so much complaining about something so silly...and I have 2 boys, lol.

amerirish
05-03-16, 08:24 AM
Seriously people??? To all the negative commenters: THEN DON'T PLAY!....it is just a game, and a free one at that! If you are not competitive then just skip this one, those of us that enjoy a little competition will not miss you.
I salute the creators for trying to come up with different contests/activities to keep us interested & playing. I am a Dragon Story player for over 5 years, this is my first post....I've earned it ;)
I've never heard so much complaining about something so silly...and I have 2 boys, lol.

Wow, so you were playing Dragon Story for a year before it started? We just had the 4th birthday celebration last month. That's impressive :p

Jackiesq
05-03-16, 08:33 AM
Wow, so you were playing Dragon Story for a year before it started? We just had the 4th birthday celebration last month. That's impressive :p
Yes, I was thinking the same... lol

ladymakay
05-03-16, 08:45 AM

Hahaha you beat me to it!

stashlova
05-03-16, 08:49 AM
In for this next event only if i need the dragons on the way up to this one. She is pretty but not worth the gold like Skylord was. Unless ofcourse I'm in a bracket where no one cares. We shall see soon enough.

maraxel
05-03-16, 08:53 AM

Lol I was late too😄

freshfunin2008
05-03-16, 08:53 AM

I am sure she meant 4 years. LOL

freshfunin2008
05-03-16, 08:54 AM
WoW!!!!! Gold sales on ALL my accounts today. I am not biting though. I won't buy gold just for a mama drag. LOL!!! Good luck everyone. I want to see if someone hits 50000 points this time around.

belarica
05-03-16, 08:57 AM
WoW!!!!! Gold sales on ALL my accounts today. I am not biting though. I won't buy gold just for a mama drag. LOL!!! Good luck everyone. I want to see if someone hits 50000 points this time around.

Hope everyone here gets into groups with like minded folks about spending, or not spending. :)

ladymakay
05-03-16, 08:59 AM
I am sure she meant 4 years. LOL
I'm sure she/he did as well, just poking fun ☺.

freshfunin2008
05-03-16, 09:01 AM
I know we love to poke fun here don't we?

belarica
05-03-16, 09:07 AM
I'm sure she/he did as well, just poking fun ☺.

Can't really come in here ***s blazing about how everyone's crying more than their kids and not get their post picked apart :)

ladymakay
05-03-16, 09:08 AM

I'm not buying or spending Gold either, regardless of what group I end up in. My last group was awesome and I ended up getting Skylord but we all played the same, no boosts , just played the game as usual and to be honest who in their right mind would spend the equivalent of $100+ in gold for that dragon? Not me lol. .. if I get it great if not that's great too ☺. Truth be told, I stopped in the end because I wanted to drop to 3rd place for the food lol.

ladymakay
05-03-16, 09:13 AM
Can't really come in here ***s blazing about how everyone's crying more than their kids and not get their post picked apart :)

Right! A lot of players were really bent over so to speak in the last Leaderboard, grouped with players 40+ levels higher and completely different caliber of players, they never had a chance! It's not about competition it's the fact that many couldn't compete, period. Geez , have a bit of understanding for those players

Kennedward
05-03-16, 09:22 AM
I'm not buying or spending Gold either, regardless of what group I end up in. My last group was awesome and I ended up getting Skylord but we all played the same, no boosts , just played the game as usual and to be honest who in their right mind would spend the equivalent of $100+ in gold for that dragon? Not me lol. .. if I get it great if not that's great too ☺. Truth be told, I stopped in the end because I wanted to drop to 3rd place for the food lol.

Same here, have quite a few thousand gold saved up but won't be spending it for this event

Kennedward
05-03-16, 09:26 AM

Ah, if only I saw that post earlier lol nice one my friend!

stevenlee2905
05-03-16, 09:37 AM
I think Mother dragon will be one of the Milestone dragons rewarded in this event too. Well, let's see...

Betsy0923
05-03-16, 10:20 AM
I voted (gasp) YES! There, I said it. I appreciate the variety of events planned for DS, but it is really our choice whether or not to play. I would like to see a little more time between events (I just got Diamond, so I really want to raise/breed him). I usually just play along to see how far I can get, but sometimes, I just have other priorities on my isle. I don't see the point in obsessing over it, but that's just my viewpoint.

And I am also a long term player.

amerirish
05-03-16, 10:35 AM

A-freaking-men :D

ETA: that's why I replied in a lighthearted way and didn't 'blast' back. Can't fight righteous indignation with righteous indignation; they don't mix :p

mybunnytail
05-03-16, 10:37 AM
Same here, have quite a few thousand gold saved up but won't be spending it for this event

I am not to eather. My plan is to totally ignor it. Apparently they didn't pay attention to our poll. But apparently those fees that did like it spent A LOT!!!!!

MaribouMay
05-03-16, 10:39 AM
Where is this monstrosity? I am not looking forward to it, but I hate the mystery.

I too am hoping that the Mother dragon will be one of the rewards.

19sparkles96
05-03-16, 10:41 AM
Anybody have the tournament start yet? Mine hasn't.

belarica
05-03-16, 10:41 AM
I am not to eather. My plan is to totally ignor it. Apparently they didn't pay attention to our poll. But apparently those fees that did like it spent A LOT!!!!!

This was already in the pipes when the poll was added. If the poll results affect anything it will be with the next leaderboard, or maybe they'll just scrap this idea and try again.

jjblueyes
05-03-16, 10:43 AM
Anybody have the tournament start yet? Mine hasn't.

I have nothing and my kids don't either.

Clark_Wayne
05-03-16, 10:43 AM
may be they canceled it :D (i can hope XD)

hestiarulez
05-03-16, 10:44 AM
This was already in the pipes when the poll was added. If the poll results affect anything it will be with the next leaderboard, or maybe they'll just scrap this idea and try again.

it is highly unlikely Mama Dragon event will be cancelled. Poll will affect only the next event.

belarica
05-03-16, 10:44 AM
it is highly unlikely Mama Dragon event will be cancelled. Poll will affect only the next event.

Pretty sure that's what I said.

meoconlunar
05-03-16, 10:46 AM
just wait 15 mins, the last Leaderboard Event started late, too.

hestiarulez
05-03-16, 10:47 AM
Pretty sure that's what I said.

:D meant to reply to Clark-Wayne!! LOL

peppy903
05-03-16, 10:47 AM
If it's just a game,then why do u have to pay for gold to win anything?????

mbyte68
05-03-16, 10:49 AM
tried that last event still got beat by over 4000 :/

Bastiaan0
05-03-16, 10:50 AM
For the moment there's nothing to spend gold on...
Com'on, where is it? :confused: Valiant wants to get out of the temple...

1goducks
05-03-16, 10:51 AM
How do I vote on the poll?

freshfunin2008
05-03-16, 10:52 AM
Is this the BIG GLITCH!!!! Was it AM or PM?????? LOL

JCG812
05-03-16, 10:52 AM
For the moment there's nothing to spend gold on...
Com'on, where is it? :confused: Valiant wants to get out of the temple...

Tricky! ;)

A few Ultra rares ready to go as well. :o

MaribouMay
05-03-16, 10:53 AM
How do I vote on the poll?

It looks like the poll is closed.

synasuga
05-03-16, 10:53 AM
This is my issue-I think its really sad that some people may take friendly competition for a game and turn it into something ugly. Example: sending the current leader spiteful messages because they are winning. That's the point: to win and how can you get upset because you are not that person winning? Just taking this entire thing way overboard in my opinion. Truly sad

Bastiaan0
05-03-16, 10:54 AM
Q:

is this the big glitch!!!! Was it am or pm?????? Lol

a:

oh god! I just saw the mama dragon and i'm in love and so sad because i know i won't win!! Was there the option to buy the dragon straight out last time? I'm sorry i can't not play! I'm a sucker for pink!!! Posting a pic.

DragonPhoenix6
05-03-16, 10:54 AM
It will probably start in around 6 minutes...
Can't wait to see the milestone dragon prizes!

jjblueyes
05-03-16, 10:55 AM
just wait 15 mins, the last Leaderboard Event started late, too.

Oh goodie

weggelassen
10:30 am PDT...

ladymakay
Is this the BIG GLITCH!!!! Was it AM or PM?????? LOL
Bahahahha

utili68
05-03-16, 10:59 AM
Did it start already? Nothing on my display

meoconlunar
05-03-16, 11:01 AM
nothing ~

Iloveasherbuns
05-03-16, 11:01 AM
Did it start already? Nothing on my display
It was supposed to start at 10:30 am and here it is 11:00 am (Pacific Time) and nothing...

JCG812
05-03-16, 11:02 AM
The calm before the storm

utili68
05-03-16, 11:02 AM
Did it start now?

groovyedwin
05-03-16, 11:03 AM
1pm central and no leaderboard event.

Was it cancelled?

Clark_Wayne
it was a "april" joke LOL

Iloveasherbuns
This is my issue-I think its really sad that some people may take friendly competition for a game and turn it into something ugly. Example: sending the current leader spiteful messages because they are winning. That's the point: to win and how can you get upset because you are not that person winning? Just taking this entire thing way overboard in my opinion. Truly sad

I won the first tournament and I didn't get one hateful or spiteful message on my board. I must have had a friendly group of people. 😋