PDA

View Full Version : Limited Time Dragon In Market: Rainy Day Dragon (leaves May 3 2016)

amerirish
04-26-16, 10:51 AM

Rarity: Rare
Type: Black Yellow
Habitat: Black Sands, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 23
Buying Price: 1,200 Gold {on sale for 240 gold}
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 13 hours
Exp Gained: 1,740 Exp

FlatFoot
04-26-16, 10:54 AM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/U7lWscugm956Vil/RainyDay_Dragon_STG04.png

Niire
04-26-16, 10:56 AM
So so nice! I LOVE his little boots! :D

belarica
04-26-16, 11:17 AM
Not gonna let this one go :) I will buy if I can't breed

mybunnytail
04-26-16, 11:19 AM
Breeding combo suggestions?

amerirish
04-26-16, 11:20 AM
So awesome!! I also LOVE the rain boots <squee>

I have had zero luck lately breeding limited time dragons, but will try again for this little cutie! Send me some luck FlatFoot!! :p

AnglChk507
04-26-16, 11:22 AM
Im too busy trying to breed valiant soOo i totally caved and just bought this woot woot

amerirish
04-26-16, 11:28 AM
Im too busy trying to breed valiant soOo i totally caved and just bought this woot woot

Congrats on your new resident!! Are you able to post a picture of the egg? :D

Najchi
04-26-16, 11:28 AM
Love this dragon :) will try to breed it

Bastiaan0
04-26-16, 11:34 AM
Nice dragon, again good work from Flatfoot ;)

Well, basically black and yellow. Because black splits so easily, I suggest using black and black/yellow, e.g. Night and Bat.

I'm (again) not trying to specifically breeding this one, I'm not very lucky on breeding limited dragons. But it's only rare, so maybe I'll give it a try in the next days. For now still using my favorite combo Diamond Prism and Neon ;)

amerirish
04-26-16, 11:37 AM
Night & Bat = 31 regular outcomes and one Prime (Energy) with the dreaded possible Penumbra & Wizard :(

JCG812
04-26-16, 11:51 AM
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/U7lWscugm956Vil/RainyDay_Dragon_STG04.png

Dragon wellies????????

:D

Bastiaan0
04-26-16, 11:52 AM
Night & Bat = 31 regular outcomes and one Prime (Energy) with the dreaded possible Penumbra & Wizard :(
Because of the black needed Penumbra and Wizard will always be possible outcomes... :(
Using Bat instead of Air only adds four black/blue and black/purple hybrids.

amerirish
04-26-16, 12:03 PM
Oooh, Gold + Night = 32 possibilities plus 2 Primes but includes some diamond hybrids :D

Bastiaan0
04-26-16, 12:16 PM
Diamond hybrids, good point ;)
If, like me, you still need Astromancer... Gold and Leo :)

amerirish
04-26-16, 12:19 PM
Diamond hybrids, good point ;)
If, like me, you still need Astromancer... Gold and Leo :)

Fortunately, I have all of those but would **** for Black Diamond and Dark Angel :D

FlatFoot
04-26-16, 12:27 PM
Good luck everyone!

amerirish
04-26-16, 12:28 PM
Seems ominous but it just started POURING rain here in Pennsylvania :D Hope that's a good omen for me!!!

moonchild1987
04-26-16, 01:24 PM
Seems ominous but it just started POURING rain here in Pennsylvania :D Hope that's a good omen for me!!!

It's raining here in Ohio, too. The same thing happened the day the Downpour tournament started. I won him...hopefully, I can breed this beauty. First try with Lotus and Spooky Tree, 8hrs, Genie or Godmother. Eh, I already have them both. I love the nature/weather theme of the last month or so. :)

sleepygs
04-26-16, 01:48 PM
I had to cave and buy Tinkerer, and then you guys show me this?!?! Wow the dragons just keep coming! I've been trying to breed a Chess dragon for a week and need a break from the flow of genies... Here goes nothing! Good luck everyone!

lenasdinner
04-26-16, 02:54 PM
first try Night+Leo = 6h..... so it's Cosmos or Emberglow.don't have eather of those,that's good,but still would like Rainy Day.will try more.....

blackeneddove
04-26-16, 06:09 PM
Did we ever find out if Zodiac will split to black again? or does the black element split every time? I would really like to try Gold x Leo for this beauty, but don't want to waste my time if Leo won't split to black.

Thanks for your help! :)

Bastiaan0
04-27-16, 01:35 AM
Did we ever find out if Zodiac will split to black again? or does the black element split every time? I would really like to try Gold x Leo for this beauty, but don't want to waste my time if Leo won't split to black.

Thanks for your help! :)

I have no idea and I'm not going to try it out :p
Glad I remembered this point in time for breeding, so chose to go with black and black/yellow.
Scrolling all the way down to Bat (he's only level 9) I came across another black/yellow hybrid: Shadow. He'll do fine. :)
First try: 4 hours (March Mayhem, ofcourse)

amerirish
04-27-16, 05:41 AM
First try with Gold & Night got 21 hours (Social or Leo - both fails for me). Will keep trying though :D

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-27-16, 07:56 AM
Just got a 21 hour trying for this using Bat/Night. Hope its a Leo as I don't have one yet, already have a Social

cazile81
04-27-16, 09:35 AM
Just got a 24 hour timer fail using Infinity and Shadow trying for Rainy Day

lnztrekfan
04-27-16, 09:42 AM
Im using night and air on all three islands.
Main Island
1: Leo
2: 16 hr breed time (so sad I read my screen wrong and thought I had it!)

2nd island
1: OH gosh ! So happy got it here!! I knew I saw 13 somewhere!!!

Baby Island
1: Coral
2: March Mayhem

lnztrekfan
04-27-16, 09:45 AM
Just got a 24 hour timer fail using Infinity and Shadow trying for Rainy Day

Oooh is that the Black Diamond?! Congrats!! :)

Niire
04-27-16, 09:46 AM
hey, congrats on your main island! That 13 hrs can only be rainy day!! :D

Grats to cazile too! Awesome catch there! <3

cazile81
04-27-16, 09:53 AM
Oooh is that the Black Diamond?! Congrats!! :)
Thanks. This completes my Diamond collection too. I'm still trying for Rainy Day and hopefully I get that one as well.

cazile81
04-27-16, 09:55 AM

Thanks Nire:)

lnztrekfan
04-27-16, 10:03 AM

Oh No! I was so excited!! I went back to look again and it says I have 14:30 hrs left!!! I obviously looked at it wrong! :( so sad! That means it must be 16 hrs breed? I'm totally blaming it on my small screen! Time to upgrade to a large one!

Niire
04-27-16, 10:05 AM
Oh No! I was so excited!! I went back to look again and it says I have 14:30 hrs left!!! I obviously looked at it wrong! :( so sad! That means it must be 16 hrs breed? I'm totally blaming it on my small screen! Time to upgrade to a large one!

Gah, I am sorry! :( LOL, I have a 10.1 inch droid tablet right now, because anything smaller and I have to squint all day. :p

lnztrekfan
04-27-16, 10:13 AM
Gah, I am sorry! :( LOL, I have a 10.1 inch droid tablet right now, because anything smaller and I have to squint all day. :p

OMG!! Niire!!! You won't believe this!!! My second island I had put on a breeding pair last night and when I checked it this morning it wasn't ready and I couldn't remember what the time was! Soooo I just put it on the nest and it was the 13 hr one!! Posting pic! I'm so happy right now! Side note I'm on an iPhone 5 and I swear my eyes are going bad with all this squinting! I even had LASIK!! SUPER Jealous of you and your tablet right now! :)

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-27-16, 10:24 AM
OMG!! Niire!!! You won't believe this!!! My second island I had put on a breeding pair last night and when I checked it this morning it wasn't ready and I couldn't remember what the time was! Soooo I just put it on the nest and it was the 13 hr one!! Posting pic! I'm so happy right now! Side note I'm on an iPhone 5 and I swear my eyes are going bad with all this squinting! I even had LASIK!! SUPER Jealous of you and your tablet right now! :)

What breeding pair did you use?

lnztrekfan
04-27-16, 10:31 AM
I used Night and Air on all of my islands. I don't have any black/yellow hybrids or I may have used one of those. :)

cazile81
04-27-16, 10:34 AM
Congrats. I'm very happy for you. You just made me want this dragon even more.

lnztrekfan
04-27-16, 10:54 AM
Congrats. I'm very happy for you. You just made me want this dragon even more.

Thank you Cazile81! :) I went from disappointment to super happy in a matter of moments! :)

amerirish
04-27-16, 11:37 AM
Congrats to all the new Rainy Day and Black Diamond caretakers!!! I'm so jealous of you all :p

Bastiaan0
04-27-16, 04:37 PM
Night and Shadow:
1: March Mayhem
2: Genie
3: 14 hours... I keep hopes up for Illusion, but it'll probably be the 80th Mist...

Niire
04-27-16, 07:38 PM
Ohh, sweet grats!!! :D Sorry patch knocked meh out, lol.

FieldsLikeB
04-28-16, 03:05 AM
Just got her with Bat and Shadow, first attempt.

Niire
04-28-16, 03:51 AM
Awesome, grats!! <3 Still trying myself, swapping out black/yellows for different ones, though I don't have a shadow. Always leaving night in the mix...maybe I need to go like bat/emberglow, or bat/tigerfly! :) 14 hr timer is loving my isle, seafarer and mist so far, and one more on the nest. :p

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-28-16, 08:01 AM
Well I got my first Leo by using the suggested Bat/Night pairing, but after reading about lnztrekfan success I tried Air/Night and voila a 13 hour timer. Thanks!

Bastiaan0
04-28-16, 03:54 PM
I'm so very jealous of all of you breeding this one in just a few tries... :( But congrats anyway :) I've never been lucky on breeding limited dragons, the last one was Present...

So far I got 3 Mists, 2 Genies, 1 Cosmos, 1 Clown and 1 March Mayhem with different combinations, wasting 38 gold on speed breeding and hatching :(
Now Air and Night are having fun in the den for 18 hours which means there is at least one bright side: I'm going to have Trickster, which is new for me :)

Niire
04-28-16, 04:07 PM
You got what I call a "non-fail" bastiaan, grats! :) I have a bat on the roost right now, still trying, for I love this one and his adorable little booties! :)

Chelsea79
04-29-16, 09:22 AM
Got it with diamond and shadow.

Bastiaan0
04-29-16, 04:13 PM
After Trickster, changed combo to Lotus and Air... why? I don't know...still no luck...
Social #18 and Mist #83 :(
Now breeding for 18 hours, geez what would that be? :rolleyes:

Niire
04-29-16, 04:39 PM
I am sorry bastiaan! Grats to all of you scoring this adorable little dude!! :)

gisellepersad
04-29-16, 08:05 PM
Got rainy day after a few tries with honeycomb & night

LietuvosRespublika
04-30-16, 10:14 AM
Air + night = no lucky for me. Something (Penumbra?) haching 25h :(

Bastiaan0
04-30-16, 02:16 PM
After the second Trickster got 10 hours. Stupid Coral, sped it up, put it on the nest, hey, that's not a Coral egg... really? NO WAY, Music :) Also new for me :cool:

Then got an 8 hour Genie (yawn), after that one 21 hours. Figures. Social loves my island :(
But again, not what I expected... It's a Starry Night! Are you kidding me? Nope, I bred a limited dragon :) Last one was about 4 months ago...

Breeding Air and Night again, 14 hours, Mist ofcourse. Now 4 hours on the den, but darn, no free nests :( Have been speeding enough already, so we'll see tomorrow how the story continues.

So still no Rainy Day, but very happy with 3 new dragons :)
For now, sleep well and have a good (starry) night ;)

random59
04-30-16, 02:41 PM
After the second Trickster got 10 hours. Stupid Coral, sped it up, put it on the nest, hey, that's not a Coral egg... really? NO WAY, Music :) Also new for me :cool:

Then got an 8 hour Genie (yawn), after that one 21 hours. Figures. Social loves my island :(
But again, not what I expected... It's a Starry Night! Are you kidding me? Nope, I bred a limited dragon :) Last one was about 4 months ago...

Breeding Air and Night again, 14 hours, Mist ofcourse. Now 4 hours on the den, but darn, no free nests :( Have been speeding enough already, so we'll see tomorrow how the story continues.

So still no Rainy Day, but very happy with 3 new dragons :)
For now, sleep well and have a good (starry) night ;)

Congrats on Starry Night and sweet dreams and may your breeding drought be over!

divanightclub
04-30-16, 03:16 PM
Just got a 16 hour timer, trying for this (IF it's summer elf, which is also black and yellow, I don't have that one) so that would be a GOOD fail.. I'm sick of getting mists, genies, socials, seer, clown, March mayhem etc.. (Why do BLACK have to split soo much into blue or purple---or both????.....ugh)

Still no rainy day, but I'll keep trying until it expires!!!!

debrasbistro
05-01-16, 05:05 PM
Still trying on my main island, but managed to breed this one on my iPhone island with diamond and bat. Best of luck to all and congrats those who have bred Rainy Day!

Bastiaan0
05-02-16, 08:40 AM
March Mayhem, Penumbra, Mist, Mist, Cosmos, Coral, 14 hours...
I WANT A RAINY DAY!

belarica
05-02-16, 09:44 AM
I said I would buy this if I couldn't breed it and I haven't been successful. However, I will be buying starry night instead. Congrats to all the lucky ones :)

PinkBubbles75
05-02-16, 01:23 PM
I've been using Air & Leo haven't gotten it yet. I got a social fail on the first try, lots of mist fails, one Seer, one Cosmos (I have both of those already). It wasn't a complete waste though, because I got both seafarer and dark phoenix for the first time.

amerirish
05-03-16, 05:59 AM
Just bought one :( hate doing it like that but didn't want to miss this one.

belarica
05-03-16, 06:38 AM
Just got 13 hours in my last attempt using air x emberglow:)

9krm
05-03-16, 07:37 AM
So many mist dragons....boooo!!!
I'm not buying it, so I guess no rainy day dragon for me.

monbohn
05-03-16, 08:06 AM
I caved in and bought him. :)

FieldsLikeB
05-03-16, 08:09 AM

Shadow and Air

Bastiaan0
05-03-16, 09:22 AM
Mistcoralcoralcoralmarchmayhemcoralmistcoralcoralg enie Emberglow :) mistmist25hours...
36 breeds, a lot of gold and frustration and still no Rainy Day :( That last 25 hours was the final fail, decided to keep that one for some points for tonight at the fleaderboard event, as well as 3 mist filled nests...
Could have bought it for the gold I spend, but then I wouldn't have Starry Night, Trickster, Music and Emberglow :) Would have been very happy to have Rainy Day instead of the last 3 new dragons though, as I could have bred those any other time...

Reminder to myself: Don't ever try to breed a limited dragon again, just let it happen!

Natasha_07
05-05-16, 08:10 AM
I tried for this chap so much to no avail...! :(