PDA

View Full Version : A Word from a Gem Buyer

Gem Buyer
05-25-10, 02:02 PM
Speaking as a gem buyer ($45 so far) I would love to buy the Corgi, Bird House & some of the other decorations that you have which can only be bought with gems however, I WILL NOT.

Players like myself often take a lot of heat from others for spending real money on these type games & therefore I WILL NOT put anything in my farm that flags me as a Gem buyer. I have NO problem spending real money on these type games as I feel someone needs to pay you guys for your hard work, but I don't want others giving me a hard time for doing so. If you made the current decorations available at a HIGH cost I would must likely buy more gems to get them as they would no longer flag me as a gem buyer.

Just food for thought. I thought I might share with you the prospective of one Gem buyer out there.

supercow
05-25-10, 06:16 PM
Thank you for your feedback. Eventually we will have some promotions that will allow people to acquire a few Gems without spending money. When we start doing some of these, people will not know if you spent money or earned it through promotions.

Tink
05-26-10, 01:38 AM
On the other hand, I'm not a gem buyer and still I get gems now and them by joining special offers. I would pay for the gem-only stuff with those offers. I think there should be a way to show that you're exclusive, because being exclusive is what makes people spend money. (Normal marketing theory, I don't like it, but it's true.)

In this game it's even more important to stand out then usual: you can't do any harm to others. The only thing you can do is helping people and maybe swear on their wall. So I'm not bothered at all by the fact that someone is a gem buyer, it doesn't affect me. All I can do is look at their farm and say: Oh pretty!