PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 4/21 Update - The Cherry Hive Event | EXPIRED

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

ghjvcucjb
04-27-16, 10:21 PM
I didn't mean to offend or upset anyone. The original question asked players who 'seemed' to get through this quest easily what their secrets were. I simply shared my strategies and actually admitted I have been fortunate to have extra energy sources. I also said I didn't find it to be an easy quest. I even purchased a second living tree to get through this one.

When I first started playing, I lost a lot of gems and made some mistakes (gem skipping Griselda's carriage and statue, thinking they would appear in inventory like an actual purchase and wasting gems buying energy were two biggies) But after discovering the forum and reading tips from other players, I feel that I have learned to better manage the resources I am able to collect. So I'm extremely grateful for all the players who share their knowledge and experiences here. Particularly those who are ahead and let us know what to expect and prepare for!

As for the gold nuggets, I again admit I've been lucky. I really wish S8 would either increase the drops for all players, and allow them to be crafted, or at the very least stop requiring so many. Especially during timed events.

I wasn't upset or offended. You mentioned you thought it might be due to being a long term level 50 player and I was making the point that it has very little to do with that and everything to do with luck. i added the extra in hopes of covering all my info bases. Otherwise a zillion people, would jump in and say things like, "try adding more flowers! ", "plant more trees!", "only use your energy on the goals!". Sigh, yes, obviously if I've been playing and posting for years I'm probably already doing those things.

I remember when the Alicorns first came out. Some of us were lucky and got at least one within 6 months. One guy still had never gotten one in over two years (except the one he bought with gems). He tried everything, I think he even tried moving and spinning buildings and planting certain plants in a certain pattern and yet no Alicorn. Why? Because he was very unlucky. It had nothing to do with how much he did.

I have 10 full grown alicorns, two wizard schools, a pink Alicorn, an energy horse, the other energy Alicorn, a castle adventure energies, barrack energies, about 50 energy crates, trade energies and the usual energies, which I have all wiped out trying to get living wood. No one can convince me it's due to a lack of trying.

PrincessCupOButter
04-27-16, 10:36 PM
I wasn't upset or offended. You mentioned you thought it might be due to being a long term level 50 player and I was making the point that it has very little to do with that and everything to do with luck. i added the extra in hopes of covering all my info bases. Otherwise a zillion people, would jump in and say things like, "try adding more flowers! ", "plant more trees!", "only use your energy on the goals!". Sigh, yes, obviously if I've been playing and posting for years I'm probably already doing those things.

I remember when the Alicorns first came out. Some of us were lucky and got at least one within 6 months. One guy still had never gotten one in over two years (except the one he bought with gems). He tried everything, I think he even tried moving and spinning buildings and planting certain plants in a certain pattern and yet no Alicorn. Why? Because he was very unlucky. It had nothing to do with how much he did.

I have 10 full grown alicorns, two wizard schools, a pink Alicorn, an energy horse, the other energy Alicorn, a castle adventure energies, barrack energies, about 50 energy crates, trade energies and the usual energies, which I have all wiped out trying to get living wood. No one can convince me it's due to a lack of trying.

I'm sorry I misunderstood, and glad I didn't offend! :) I could have worded the part about long term players better. I just meant that newer players often don't have as much in inventory at the start of these quests, so they are even more difficult for them. But I agree, we have no control over the luck factor, particularly for rare drops. (I remember desperately seeking horse hoof polish!)
Living wood was an issue for me too this time. That and those mushroom drops! Living wood has been tough for me, ever since I got to the faerie goals.

ghjvcucjb
04-27-16, 10:53 PM
I'm sorry I misunderstood, and glad I didn't offend! :) I could have worded the part about long term players better. I just meant that newer players often don't have as much in inventory at the start of these quests, so they are even more difficult for them. But I agree, we have no control over the luck factor, particularly for rare drops. (I remember desperately seeking horse hoof polish!)
Living wood was an issue for me too this time. That and those mushroom drops! Living wood has been tough for me, ever since I got to the faerie goals.

You keep posting and wording the way you post and word! It's perfect the way it is

tuffyjkitten
04-27-16, 11:25 PM
Ok probably off topic but I didn't see this anywhere....there is a pop up about getting the mermaid pond "while you can". Does that just mean at the reduced price or is it a feature that is going away?

Back on topic, my first collection from cows and chickens gave a lot of essence but they seem to have dried up now. I still have 5 feedings left on the piggies so I have time to collect it but really, way to obviously decrease a drop rate!

hagypagy
04-27-16, 11:46 PM
ETA, started thinking and went and looked and realized I do having living wood trees. But being maxed out all these years I never used them and forgot about them.

Haha all sorted then =D will help you heaps to smash through making fairy sap!

hagypagy
04-27-16, 11:57 PM
Make use of the greenhouse! During down time, make vital extract and floral glow. Faerie elixir gives 20 energy and takes 2 minutes to craft.

Send those knights out! They usually return with energy and needed supplies, plus the occasional gem or two.

Do lots of milk and dairy trades.

I learned a lot about strategy from reading these forums. For example, I rarely let any inventory go below 50, and prefer to keep it at least 70. This means that during regular, non-timed events, I collect until I am maxed before making things that use a large amount of any material.
It slows me down for core story quests, but I'm usually in good shape when we get a timed event.

Also SW shared a tip on using the quick collect method to get a better drop rate. It seems odd, but that really does seem to work. Wait until you have several energy and collect for only one source at a time (ex. All mushrooms) then quick collect) I also completely ignore coin only buildings most of the time. Especially during timed events when energy is desperately needed elsewhere.

And last but not least, I do not clear on Thursdays until I know if there will be an update, likewise, I also don't start crafting any lengthy crafts or use a bunch of any hard to get materials. That way, I'm usually ready to go as soon as the update goes live.

Awesome advice for all players!!
Nicely done PrincessCupOButter =)

hagypagy
04-27-16, 11:59 PM
Ok probably off topic but I didn't see this anywhere....there is a pop up about getting the mermaid pond "while you can". Does that just mean at the reduced price or is it a feature that is going away?

Yeah just meaning at the sale price.

yummy_bistro
04-28-16, 12:18 AM
still no sign of prime cut and truffle

I even bought a sheep with gems not the cupid one

better give me something!

At least living wood we can craft, I crafted abt 10 of them lol

chuckyt888
04-28-16, 12:47 AM
Got a late start on this and stopped once I saw what's needed to complete it.

Might be time to uninstall this one. At least in some of their games they scale quests down to level.

They took away the ability to grab gems from videos too. Don't see other ways to stock up gems.

janddolphins
04-28-16, 03:25 AM
And Finished

I could have finished two days ago but the collector in me needed a few extra items lol

I primarily focused on items I could get multiples of at the end before officially finishing. I could not get copies of all earlier items sadly because they were not able to be made once you moved to the level but I did get many later items even if it was just 2 and managed some of the earlier items.

I was originally shooting for 99 of each of the 3 from animals , trees, and mushrooms until I learned that was impossible as we had to give items for level 5 hive and realizing how hard mushrooms were I changed the final three to 33 each. Not the same zing but it will do

Items I have after quest:

Cherry Hive Level 5
Cherry growth Potion: 1 extra :)
Cherry Crystal: 1 extra :)
Fairie food :5 extra
Mermaid tears: 6 extra

(Goal is to reach 33)
1.Cherry dust: 44 (trees)
2.Cherry essence: 33
(mushrooms) - (this is where I stopped playing)
3.Living essence: 39 (animals- max due to giving 60 for level 5 Hive- had 99 in inventory before they took)

Overall I'm happy with how this event it turned out! :) I enjoyed it but felt this was long enough for me before it started feeling monotonous and now I can use my energy else where going back to building up some stocks that have dropped

Thank you S8, for an entertaining event!

Now off to that poll to change how she looks!

rulerofjennyville
04-28-16, 03:41 AM
Got my faerie this morning! And the minute I hit it the game vanished with no glitch. Though all I got was the faerie - if I was supposed to get something along with her I didn't. She's a nice addition! Now I have to restock all my supplies.

stmarymead
04-28-16, 05:44 AM
The moment you upgrade the cherry to L5 she appears. If you really would rather not have Anthia you'd have to stop at L4. However, most of us have hope S8 might end up delivering what they promised, the faerie from the goal that is. :)

Thank you, dear. I'm debating whether or not to gamble... I'll wait a few more days at least. :)

rulerofjennyville
04-28-16, 05:59 AM
still no sign of prime cut and truffle

I even bought a sheep with gems not the cupid one

better give me something!

At least living wood we can craft, I crafted abt 10 of them lol

My cupid cows give lots of prime cuts. And my white sheep.

jessiefromshimerville
04-28-16, 07:00 AM
Short on jewels to make the last crystal but I figured out that the rock outcropping drops jewels - hopefully this info will help the next person 😀

roguebee
04-28-16, 09:05 AM
For jewels, break out your Jewelers as they often drop 1 or 2 as well as visiting Sabina's house.

riverly
04-28-16, 09:13 AM
I just placed my fairy today. Now I understand what all the fuss was about regarding her appearance and the reference to poison spitting beetles. She is so mean looking. It was startling to see her for the first time. I want a friendlier face in my kingdom.

moonchild1987
04-28-16, 09:47 AM
Got done this morning, collected from mines...gold nugget. Geesh, lol!

AinoDK
04-28-16, 10:08 AM
I will be finishing this great event tonight! And with souvenirs of everything from faerie food and scrying dish to waking charm and super faerie potion - no gems spent.

Considering there are still days left and I have work, family, friends and other Real Life stuff taking priority, I actually don't think this event was the worst. Yes I do have some alicorns (although the normal ones were all recuberating after the monster hunt) and since I have played for many years I am maxed on most items, still > 90 gold nuggets left, loads of cottages etc.

But I think it is ok that some goals are for high level players. It becomes tedious just collecting from the same buildings everyday in order to start adventures between goals. My kingdom has been frozen in time while I have directed all energy to goal related items, and I have enjoyed it. The storyline was funny and fitting with CS theme. The tasks were varied, unlike world events. And all the new items have a beautiful design (not going to mention hideous board-Anthia).

I admit it has a lot to do with luck though. And I would probably never have finished if others hadn't spent gems on speeding through and then sharing. And of course the awesome SW who collected and organized all the requirements.

jopik
04-28-16, 10:26 AM
Any update today? Should I clear my kingdom :confused:

aiyoosha
04-28-16, 11:05 AM
im done i cant believe i finished, i had to spend all my coins i only 200,000 left, i was saving up for that pet skunk thing and now i have to save again and build all my inventory back up.

i had to spend money on this game to have enough energy as i dont have alicorns or any special animals or special trees that gives me energys or LW.

just so thankful to be done and can now move on from these god forsaken mushrooms and stupid trees!

Seriously700
04-28-16, 11:19 AM
Wow, this is crazy energy intensive! I worry that the introduction of the purple alicorns will lead to more and more energy intensive events. Of course, not everyone has these alicorns yet, and certainly most of us don't have an army of them.

I thought this event was very unbalanced. In many past events, if you needed to do something over and over again, like collect from mushrooms, you would also have an event-related use for that item. In this event, so much energy was expended for nothing more than the black banner.

I also thought that it was unfortunate that chopping rocks and collecting white petals (for the living wood alchemy) didn't provide any of the event drops for people. I don't know how people managed using all that energy to get nuggets and living wood materials in addition to all the energy needed to collect dust, essence, etc.

Finally, I would suggest that S8 reconsider adding back the energy crate drops in the monster hunt trades for those people who do not yet have the mythic research center. Once they get the MRC and the ability to craft the purple alicorn, the crate drops could then stop.

sweerfarmer
04-28-16, 11:26 AM
Any update today? Should I clear my kingdom :confused:
Me too looking to know something about update. I know it's off topic but the sneek peek thread is closed.

derekpizzaking
04-28-16, 12:04 PM
I love that we have new quests and events with this game. It gives us something to look forward to and keeps us from being bored. This event has been the worst at having to collect so much stuff and the drop rates being so low. If I hadn't been playing so adamantly I wouldn't be close to the last goal. I don't think we should have to spend money to complete a goal either, which is sometimes what it seem to be about. We've had to use so many resources on this game and let's face it, a lot of people don't have things like gold nuggets and the drop rate for them is the lowest on the totem pole. It's ridiculously unfair to keep making quests where we have to use them when let's face it they are precious to us. I'm a level 50 player and I never have more than 14 to 18 in stock and I play constantly. Have for years. Living wood is not usually a commodity I run out of but this quest, I can't keep it or get it fast enough. One thing I've noticed that I can't run out of is fang beasts and skunkupines every time I chop a tree or collect from my white petals, here they are. I barely saw one of these creatures during the monster hunt quest. Since that is the case I agree with bringing back the energy crates for the monster hunts and hey another idea, leave our monsters on the game so we can access them as easily as any other day. Please quit sucking the fun and enjoyment out of the quests and events. I barely have any friends out of about 75 or more that play. Please find a balance and quit making every event and quest more and more difficult. We shouldn't have to spend money on he game to complete a quest, a quest shouldn't use all of our resources up especially to the point to where the next quest or event comes along and we don't have items in stock cause we used them on the last event. We shouldn't have to play 24/7 to complete a quest, as it is I'm on it all day long every hour or 2, and anytime I wake up at night I play for the simple fact that I feel like if I don't, I will never complete the event in time. Drops rates for supplies we are collecting should be higher.

eabrown25
04-28-16, 12:14 PM
I'm currently in the home stretch on this event - all I currently need is more sealing dust and living essence to do the final upgrade to the cherry hive and finish the last quest. Overall I thought this event was manageable for higher-level players, although I had saved about half a dozen energy crates which really came in handy. I was also fortunate to have enough jewels, golden nuggets, and almost enough living wood. Also had the tree that drops living wood, which was a big help. Also had some chickens in storage so I am currently using those to help get more living essence. Overall I didn't think the drop rates were too bad - I've seen other events which were worse, in my opinion.
This event would have been much more difficult for lower level players who didn't have those things. I agree with others it would have been nice to have more ways to use the items generated. I tried to make many wooden beams, plus other items with the mushrooms, eggs, milk, etc.

kooky panda
04-28-16, 12:45 PM
Me too looking to know something about update. I know it's off topic but the sneek peek thread is closed.

oopsy! I have opened the Sneak Peak thread!

ethan1brothers
04-28-16, 12:48 PM
just a q is there a gem cow pig or sheep that regularly drops the prime cuts ? ive only gotten 3 in almost 2 days

ethan1brothers
04-28-16, 12:49 PM
I'm currently in the home stretch on this event - all I currently need is more sealing dust and living essence to do the final upgrade to the cherry hive and finish the last quest. Overall I thought this event was manageable for higher-level players, although I had saved about half a dozen energy crates which really came in handy. I was also fortunate to have enough jewels, golden nuggets, and almost enough living wood. Also had the tree that drops living wood, which was a big help. Also had some chickens in storage so I am currently using those to help get more living essence. Overall I didn't think the drop rates were too bad - I've seen other events which were worse, in my opinion.
This event would have been much more difficult for lower level players who didn't have those things. I agree with others it would have been nice to have more ways to use the items generated. I tried to make many wooden beams, plus other items with the mushrooms, eggs, milk, etc.

You know you don't need sealing dust anymore right ? its 40 wood

jessiefromshimerville
04-28-16, 12:50 PM
If we are taking a vote; I really really miss the energy crates as part of the monster hunt. S8 please please put the energy crates back. Pretty please!!!!!!

zenthus
04-28-16, 12:52 PM
I just placed my fairy today. Now I understand what all the fuss was about regarding her appearance and the reference to poison spitting beetles. She is so mean looking. It was startling to see her for the first time. I want a friendlier face in my kingdom.

Me too...
Why she looks so beautiful in the quest storyline, and looks ugly in the kingdom?

Castloninian
04-28-16, 12:52 PM
just a q is there a gem cow pig or sheep that regularly drops the prime cuts ? ive only gotten 3 in almost 2 days

Black sheep always drop a prime cut.

jessiefromshimerville
04-28-16, 12:55 PM
Out of those 3 animals I think cows drop the prime cut more so than the pig and sheep. I don't believe one cow type drops more than the other

trailbean
04-28-16, 01:13 PM
Does cherry dust drop from Blythewood trees?

EsmeW2
04-28-16, 01:20 PM

Yes, I'd agree about the event being difficult for lower level players. I'm also nearly complete on my main game, but I recently inherited an old iPad and decided to give the game a go on a non-android version. It was only on level 18 when the event started and it has been pretty hard. I had to chop rocks for about 3 days to get the gold nuggets and will need to gem-skip most of the pig growing. Some of the things that more established players don't run out of - like living wood - are hard to get hold of in the right quantities too. Even the white petals took a bit of time. So I'm not expecting to finish. And I'm so sick of chopping trees and gathering mushrooms....

annieslittleshol
04-28-16, 01:21 PM
I just upgraded the tree to level five. Assuming we don't need the dust as I have read, then I should be done with part ten of this goal. However; after the upgrade I never was asked to say "hi" to the fairy and welcome her. Am I missing something?

aiyoosha
04-28-16, 01:24 PM
everything went well for me, right as soon as i upgraded the tree to level 5 everything just went right into motion. i told her hi and there she is looking scary and crosseyed floating backwards and sideways

jessiefromshimerville
04-28-16, 01:27 PM
I learned my lesson to never use my golden nuggets unless i have to for a quest. In the early days, I had a these nuggets that never got used for anything so i used them in the trade exchange. no sooner did i do that, a quest came up and i could not complete the quest. If you harvest the mines frequently, you will get an inventory and be ready. I totally agree that this game is hard for lower levels. There are quests that i could not finish. in the beginning i did not know about the forum. I have been much more successful now that i read people's hints. but being a level 50 is not a guarrantee to successful. I definitely liked this quest format 100 X better than the ones that hold you back and wont let you start the next step if you finished sooner than the timer. Kudos S8, this event was challenging but I liked it.

annieslittleshol
04-28-16, 01:31 PM
She is definitely crosseyed! She showed up as soon as I upgraded, I just didn't get a goal saying to tell he hi.

aiyoosha
04-28-16, 01:34 PM
She is definitely crosseyed! She showed up as soon as I upgraded, I just didn't get a goal saying to tell he hi.

looool she sure is. did u check in your goal list thingy?

annieslittleshol
04-28-16, 01:40 PM
Yes I did, even closes and opened game. No new goal to say hi. 😕

tigarlilyvol
04-28-16, 02:07 PM
Yes I did, even closes and opened game. No new goal to say hi. ��

I believe the request to say Hi was when I completed to 50 neighbor requests, they were still coming in after the requirement was changed to wood. When I had 50 responses I got the say hi message.

sparklequeen24
04-28-16, 02:26 PM
My white cow has a much higher drop rate for prime rib than he regular cows. I think I got my white cow from an adventure. I had about 8 when I started and it took a few days to get to 20 but I was able to stock up on the things I needed for the next steps. It seemed like the white cow had a higher drop rate of living essence too.

Never would have made it through without the forum!

jmterao
04-28-16, 03:11 PM
I just upgraded the tree to level five. Assuming we don't need the dust as I have read, then I should be done with part ten of this goal. However; after the upgrade I never was asked to say "hi" to the fairy and welcome her. Am I missing something?

After that's she's flying around your kingdom.

I just finished and I must say two observations... She's ugly and she's cross-eyed. What is up with that?

beyondyonda
04-28-16, 03:22 PM
I believe the request to say Hi was when I completed to 50 neighbor requests, they were still coming in after the requirement was changed to wood. When I had 50 responses I got the say hi message.
Same with my game. I upgraded the tree but had to wait for all my 50 neighbour requests came through before I was able to say hi to the cross eyed fairy!

annieslittleshol
04-28-16, 03:33 PM
Ok, I'll wait till I have the 50 and see ☺

rulerofjennyville
04-28-16, 03:46 PM
After that's she's flying around your kingdom.

I just finished and I must say two observations... She's ugly and she's cross-eyed. What is up with that?

There's a thread where you can vote for the version of the fairy they had in the graphic for the game.

Missriss55
04-28-16, 05:18 PM
Here's a HINT that's really helped me out: Depending on what level you are at/how much space you have, clear a corner of all important items (ie. your buildings, animals, anything you regularly use), lay a couple of monster traps in the farthest part of the cleared corner, and set it. The monster will now be out of your way for however long you need, and you are free to do whatever you want without being hounded by these voracious beasts. Oh, and then redecorate surrounding the new monster. Voila!
Note: Sometimes when setting the trap, the monster will not "conform" exactly where you want it. If that happens, vanquish it, then set another trap. Usually this works for me...Trust me, it's worth not being pestered constantly!!!

jav0709
04-28-16, 08:46 PM
I had the same thing happen. I updated the cherry give to level 5 and all of my sealing dust disappeared. So frustrated.

yummy_bistro
04-28-16, 08:50 PM
no prime cut from cows

:(

I bought a white sheep with gems yesterday now waiting for it to grow

why would sheep drop prime cuts??

SpiritWind00
04-28-16, 09:11 PM
no prime cut from cows

Gem animals have a higher chance of drops over coin ones. There is some more info in the Inventory Guide on this (look under prime cuts) :)

PrincessCupOButter
04-28-16, 10:00 PM
no prime cut from cows

Lamb chops perhaps? :confused: I have a very good drop rate for prime cuts from both black and white sheep. All of my black sheep are from adventure drop boxes. I'm not certain which adventure it was(I think it was either desert sands or dark caves, maybe both) but it is exciting to get surprises like that, and worth doing as many adventures as possible for a chance at a free gem animal!
Good luck with the quest!

EvieandIzzie
04-28-16, 10:41 PM
no prime cut from cows

Well the price of lamb over here, is often more expensive per kilo than beef.

ClaireEdwolf
04-29-16, 12:23 AM
Is it just me or the glitch part X has been fixed? I got the goal saying hi to Anthia w 300 coins 10 xp and didn't have to send any request again. ��

sheepishjaina
04-29-16, 12:56 AM
I'm a bit confused. I only just reached the 10th stage of the quest. It says I need the sealing dust for the quest part, but wood for the tree part. Is that correct? I don't want to be asking my neighbors for it if I don't really need to.

Also, Living Wood is going to be the death of me. Seriously! I've chopped about 50? times now and gotten 2. At this rate, I'll be a grandmother before I get the 40 I need, and I don't even have kids!

you don't need to ask for dust, it's optional. You will miss out on the goal reward of 300 coin if you choose not to ask for dust. But you can if you want to. :) SW :)

SpiritWind00
04-29-16, 01:04 AM
Please read post 1:):):)

I put posts about fixes in post 1 and goals in post 2. This is why I keep encouraging players to keep checking page 1 of the thread for updates etc.

If you have any questions after you've read my notes, please post again. Cheers!:)

nebulousju
04-29-16, 02:03 AM
Anthia is flying in my kingdom since yesterday, and I only finished part 10 of the quest today. Needed a few more sealing dusts from my neighbors. I got a message then ro welcome Anthia, and that she put a spell on the Baron for the next tax day 😂 Overall I have loved this quest, it was hard at some moments because it required tons of energy but I did it and it's just great. I wonder also how lower levels players are doing, it might get very difficult for them. Anyway, I'm super happy to have a new character in my kingdom. Thanks S8!

rulerofjennyville
04-29-16, 03:48 AM
Well the price of lamb over here, is often more expensive per kilo than beef.

Lamb here is so expensive I had it for the first time this Easter. Ironically I can't drive 50 miles in any direction without seeing sheep so I don't know what they do with their meat.

For those still trying to get through this goal I finished without gems. So it is possible though I had a full stock of those wooden masks before I started and I depleted them all pretty fast.

gorilla1313
04-29-16, 06:51 AM
I've completed level 10, and no Fairy in my kingdom, and my Cherry hive appears as a giant coin. I've rebooted several times, no change. Any thoughts?

roguebee
04-29-16, 07:52 AM
I decided it wasn't worth the effort to chop down enough trees to get the cherry dust needed to craft a souvenir Super Cherry Potion so no complete set for me. I did the upgrade to end the quest and start getting my kingdom back to normal.

aiyoosha
04-29-16, 08:17 AM
Lamb here is so expensive I had it for the first time this Easter. Ironically I can't drive 50 miles in any direction without seeing sheep so I don't know what they do with their meat.

For those still trying to get through this goal I finished without gems. So it is possible though I had a full stock of those wooden masks before I started and I depleted them all pretty fast.

opposite for me. I also had max amount of living wood before this quest but i quickly ran out of it half way through. i had to craft some ask for some and collect them from anywhere i could.

the hard part is actually energy and luck.

HappyHeartBakery
04-29-16, 08:29 AM
Question - when it says 'Craft the Waking Charm' in lvl 9, Do I have to wait until I reach that part the craft it? Or can I craft it earlier and have it ready to go? Can someone explain the 'verbage' to me regarding steps and which can be done ahead of time verses which you need to wait for the step/level asking you to do the specific thing. Thanks

1ch1ps
04-29-16, 08:50 AM
Does the timed optional mean that you can finish it eventually...I could afford to buy a couple 100 extra energy, then decided I was never. Going to finish it....I've been buying dead trees chopping down and making dead wood in the potion shops. I'm only as far as the 2nd part .... So not going to finish in 4 days....

Wonkaland99
04-29-16, 09:15 AM
Finished with time to spare, Very much enjoyed this quest. Challenging but fair (at least in my kingdom!)

riverly
04-29-16, 09:19 AM
Does the timed optional mean that you can finish it eventually...I could afford to buy a couple 100 extra energy, then decided I was never. Going to finish it....I've been buying dead trees chopping down and making dead wood in the potion shops. I'm only as far as the 2nd part .... So not going to finish in 4 days....optional goal means you have the choice to do it within the allotted time period - after that (May 2nd) the goal is gone from your goal book.

AnniePMH
04-29-16, 09:36 AM
Really nice crafting and collecting in this update, and I very much appreciated that the items had a limit of 99 (instead of 20 or something like that)!:D Thank you, game developers, this reminded me a bit of the pyre cavern dragon event, which is high praise from me:p More events like this one, please:)

PrincessCupOButter
04-29-16, 10:08 AM
Question - when it says 'Craft the Waking Charm' in lvl 9, Do I have to wait until I reach that part the craft it? Or can I craft it earlier and have it ready to go? Can someone explain the 'verbage' to me regarding steps and which can be done ahead of time verses which you need to wait for the step/level asking you to do the specific thing. Thanks

If I remember correctly, the ability to craft the waking charm didn't appear for me until I reached that goal. If you have the craft already, you should be able to start it crafting, but DO NOT collect it until you actually have the goal in your book.

For future reference, if a goal says HAVE an item, you can craft it ahead of time. If the goal says CRAFT then you can usually start crafting, but you will need to wait until the goal appears to collect. Otherwise it will not count.

Same with collecting. If the goal says 'have' white petals, those in inventory will count. If it says 'collect', you will need to actually collect more (even if you are already maxed).

Hope this helps!

HappyHeartBakery
04-29-16, 11:01 AM
If I remember correctly, the ability to craft the waking charm didn't appear for me until I reached that goal. If you have the craft already, you should be able to start it crafting, but DO NOT collect it until you actually have the goal in your book.

For future reference, if a goal says HAVE an item, you can craft it ahead of time. If the goal says CRAFT then you can usually start crafting, but you will need to wait until the goal appears to collect. Otherwise it will not count.

Same with collecting. If the goal says 'have' white petals, those in inventory will count. If it says 'collect', you will need to actually collect more (even if you are already maxed).

Hope this helps!

Thank you - just what I was trying to double check.

alicemonte
04-29-16, 11:14 AM
Finished and now have the freaky floating fairy. It was a good challege...and the first I ever completed in time!

tuffyjkitten
04-29-16, 11:30 AM
Does the timed optional mean that you can finish it eventually...I could afford to buy a couple 100 extra energy, then decided I was never. Going to finish it....I've been buying dead trees chopping down and making dead wood in the potion shops. I'm only as far as the 2nd part .... So not going to finish in 4 days....

Dead trees don't give living wood. I've been buying red acers and crab apples (the red/pink trees) as they seem to give the most dust. As for living wood....well, I chopped 3 trees fully and got ZERO living wood from them. Drop rates are terrible. I mean, it was a rare drop to start with, no need to make it worse during an event that requires it.

On the other hand, I'm shocked that I didn't decide to participate until several days in due to the gold nuggets and I got to the last step yesterday. That gave me 4 days to do step 10, even starting late. Wow!

annieslittleshol
04-29-16, 12:04 PM
Has anyone received anything more than one wood from this tree?

aiyoosha
04-29-16, 12:08 PM

i once got cherry dust but only once.

roguebee
04-29-16, 03:34 PM

I've received wood, sap, cherry dust, and once living wood.

rulerofjennyville
04-29-16, 04:54 PM
:confused: My fairy has vanished! Is anyone else having this problem?

meme1098
04-29-16, 04:56 PM

She may be having secret meetings with the Baron....:)

1ch1ps
04-29-16, 04:57 PM
There's a goal book? All I do is the stuff that pops up on the left with what you gather... I'll finish but probably next week because I'm still stuck on the third part .... Or the one where you upgrade the tree to level 3

riverly
04-29-16, 05:31 PM
This is what I'm calling the goal book. http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/sarah50_2009/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/E12E4A8F-2F3E-4AC3-88B6-0A59844586F6.jpg (http://s557.photobucket.com/user/sarah50_2009/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-04/E12E4A8F-2F3E-4AC3-88B6-0A59844586F6.jpg.html)

If you click on it it has kingdom goals.

SpiritWind00
04-29-16, 07:34 PM
I've completed level 10, and no Fairy in my kingdom, and my Cherry hive appears as a giant coin. I've rebooted several times, no change. Any thoughts?
Have you upgraded your tree? She only appears then.

She is tiny and can hide behind buildings. Go into edit mode as she's easier to spot.

lilybug901
04-29-16, 07:52 PM
As a lvl 50 for idk how long.. I have to say I'm finally done! Having a goal that relies on other players to achieve it is ridiculous. Sorry to be negative but with over 50+ requests sent to at least 48 of those request lvl 50 players and only 5 of them responding I should follow suit as they must not be playing. Also to rely so heavily on resources like living wood when the drop rate is next to nothing.. I wish you all well. I will check back in the future and see if they've updated to increase leveling. ~best wishes

ethan1brothers
04-30-16, 12:32 AM
As a lvl 50 for idk how long.. I have to say I'm finally done! Having a goal that relies on other players to achieve it is ridiculous. Sorry to be negative but with over 50+ requests sent to at least 48 of those request lvl 50 players and only 5 of them responding I should follow suit as they must not be playing. Also to rely so heavily on resources like living wood when the drop rate is next to nothing.. I wish you all well. I will check back in the future and see if they've updated to increase leveling. ~best wishes

espically when you didn't need to do it at all .. .that's why no ones sending the sealing stuff they had to take it out and replace it with normal wood

woodlandlady
04-30-16, 05:57 AM
Is it just me, or is it vaguely disturbing that the fairy is cross-eyed. Or is that just mine?!

Ahh I see now that there's a whole thread on the fairy, hopefully being changed to the goal version? It is a lot of work for one creepy looking fairy.

erxi9
04-30-16, 06:25 AM
Do bunny, cats & dogs (prize from event) drop living essence, too?

rulerofjennyville
04-30-16, 08:36 AM
Do bunny, cats & dogs (prize from event) drop living essence, too?

I have the bunny from Easter and it drops wool. I have a cat and a dog from the Vinyard Estate challenge and they drop a lot of rat's tails. So does my Skunkpine so I group them together and collect so I have a ready stock of those items. Are those the ones you are asking about? Oh, and if you did Sir Hammy's challenge and got a baby toy and a crib the crib drops truffles and the baby toy drops wool as well.

EsmeW2
04-30-16, 08:52 AM
Is it just me, or is it vaguely disturbing that the fairy is cross-eyed. Or is that just mine?!

Ahh I see now that there's a whole thread on the fairy, hopefully being changed to the goal version? It is a lot of work for one creepy looking fairy.

It took me a while to find her in my game once I completed the goals because she seemed to be hiding. When I finally located her I understood why there was such a campaign to get her changed. Her wierd eyes! The twitching! Let's hope she gets replaced with the goal version. Though I'm guessing it must be quite hard to make it look like she's flying. Less would be more here and we could lose the backward bit perhaps?

rulerofjennyville
04-30-16, 08:57 AM
It took me a while to find her in my game once I completed the goals because she seemed to be hiding. When I finally located her I understood why there was such a campaign to get her changed. Her wierd eyes! The twitching! Let's hope she gets replaced with the goal version. Though I'm guessing it must be quite hard to make it look like she's flying. Less would be more here and we could lose the backward bit perhaps?

They don't have to change the way she flies. Just change her face so it's less creepy. I don't mind the color of her eyes but they don't have to be crossed! Also change her hair a bit. If they gave her the head of the fairy from the goal I think people would be fine with the body.

sistarvi
04-30-16, 09:01 AM
Hahahaha! Too funny!

gorilla1313
04-30-16, 10:24 AM

She is tiny and can hide behind buildings. Go into edit mode as she's easier to spot.

Yes - my Cherry hive is at level 5, and I cannot find her anywhere, nor is my tree showing properly. It does on the inventory page, but once placed in my kingdom, it appears to mimic whatever is in the area I place it.

carolannann
04-30-16, 04:07 PM

Hi. I have completed chapter 10. Upgraded Hive - it says Level 5. (Used the pink Living Essence). No sign of any fairy. I Have rebooted but still nothing. Any ideas please -

Thanks. Carol Davies.

robotparade
04-30-16, 05:10 PM
When I finally located her I understood why there was such a campaign to get her changed. Her wierd eyes! The twitching! Let's hope she gets replaced with the goal version.

LOL! Just uncross her eyes, okay?

SpiritWind00
04-30-16, 06:45 PM
Yes - my Cherry hive is at level 5, and I cannot find her anywhere, nor is my tree showing properly. It does on the inventory page, but once placed in my kingdom, it appears to mimic whatever is in the area I place it.

Hi, I visited you and can see both your tree which looks normal and Anthia flying about... It is moe likely your cache is playing up. If you clear it and perhaps reinstall, everything should look normal. Let us know how you get on. :)

SpiritWind00
04-30-16, 06:59 PM
Hi. I have completed chapter 10. Upgraded Hive - it says Level 5. (Used the pink Living Essence). No sign of any fairy. I Have rebooted but still nothing. Any ideas please -

Thanks. Carol Davies.

I have visited you also and I can see Anthia too. She's been hovering near your tree and left side of screen when I was there. :)

tuffyjkitten
04-30-16, 08:37 PM
One. More. Cherry. Dust.

riverly
04-30-16, 08:53 PM
One. More. Cherry. Dust.Funny! Hip. Hip. Hooray!

carolannann
05-01-16, 02:01 AM
I have visited you also and I can see Anthia too. She's been hovering near your tree and left side of screen when I was there. :)

Found her this morning. Many thanks.

saphirie
05-01-16, 08:32 AM
Can someone just confirm that on the last step I don't need to complete asking my neighbours for the sealing dust? I have only 2 days to go and just got to that step so I wont be able to finish it but I will be able to upgrade my tree. Does Anthia still come if I upgrade only?

jesoftngentle
05-01-16, 08:34 AM
I finished everything And I have no fairy, Does anyone else have this problem? She was there and now she has vanished. I worked so hard on this goal, its very disappointing.

moonchild1987
05-01-16, 09:26 AM
Can someone just confirm that on the last step I don't need to complete asking my neighbours for the sealing dust? I have only 2 days to go and just got to that step so I wont be able to finish it but I will be able to upgrade my tree. Does Anthia still come if I upgrade only?

Yes,you get Anthia as soon as you upgrade to lvl 5. She literally pops out of the tree. You only miss the coins and xp if you don't finish the goal.

1ch1ps
05-01-16, 10:05 AM
Someone posted where the dead wood drops from....crafting it over & over, that's why I'm only on the 4th level of the quest. Cutting all those trees and blossoms and water.

What are the items people are asking for? Well whoever sends me a request, those I send several times a day. I'm Icechips On Game Center . Also I'm level 50, and have 1-2 gifts I can send, I'll just rotate anyone that sends me something

kooky panda
05-01-16, 10:37 AM
I finished everything And I have no fairy, Does anyone else have this problem? She was there and now she has vanished. I worked so hard on this goal, its very disappointing.
Look carefully for her. She sometimes will be behind things.

ghjvcucjb
05-01-16, 12:18 PM
Finished with only having to use gems to speed up the second to last step because I was going to bed and was impatient to start the last super cherry thing. The living wood thing was ridiculous and took the fun out of this event.

Things I learned: 1. If I was to do it again, once I deforested my kingdom I would skip regrowing trees and chopping to find the living wood. Much more efficient to make the living wood from chopping ready to go logs. Once I switched to that on my last two days, things went much faster.

2. Although I already have a ton of trees in my kingdom, I've now decided to remove many of my hedges and plant trees as borders instead. Watering and waiting for trees to grow to chop in an event like this was a nightmare.

Good luck everyone who are still trying and congratulations to everyone who have already finished.

Finally S8 can we please return to the original storyline, please. I feel like we've abandoned the the original purpose of this game. Really would like to expand to and unlock the crown, find out what happened to the kidnapped heir and who she/he really is. Thank you for your consideration

1ch1ps
05-01-16, 01:29 PM
Which ones are ready made logs? I've been cutting dead trees & craft them.

ghjvcucjb
05-01-16, 03:08 PM
Which ones are ready made logs? I've been cutting dead trees & craft them.

Ready made logs aka Old Log. Go into market>nature>other>old log for $600, can be cleared in 3 chops.

FYI: you can not get living wood from logs but I was only getting 1 living wood per 6-10 full trees chopped so it wasn't worth it for me factoring in watering a tree to full grown then having to chop that many just to get 1 living wood. Purely For wood the most efficient way for me was buy as many logs as I needed per crafting living wood, chop them, then craft

Dead trees work too for this purpose.

GC5410
05-01-16, 03:58 PM
I hadn't checked the forum, but I started this when it first appeared in my game - when I started I had 10 days on the timer, the next day I had 9 days left, the next day I had 8 days left, but then the next day I had just 2 days left, so now I can't complete it on time (I'm on part 4 after 3 days, so I could have finished in 10 days, but not in 5 days!) and I've wasted everything up to now!!!!!

riverly
05-01-16, 06:04 PM
Ready made logs aka Old Log. Go into market>nature>other>old log for $600, can be cleared in 3 chops.

FYI: you can not get living wood from logs but I was only getting 1 living wood per 6-10 full trees chopped so it wasn't worth it for me factoring in watering a tree to full grown then having to chop that many just to get 1 living wood. Purely For wood the most efficient way for me was buy as many logs as I needed per crafting living wood, chop them, then craft

Dead trees work too for this purpose.i can see this working for living wood, but where are you getting all the cherry dust from. That is why I grew a lot of trees. Mainly crabapple trees. But I over did it and got way too many trees left over!!!

aiyoosha
05-01-16, 06:59 PM
i can see this working for living wood, but where are you getting all the cherry dust from. That is why I grew a lot of trees. Mainly crabapple trees. But I over did it and got way too many trees left over!!!

lol me too, they wont even fit in my place

1ch1ps
05-01-16, 07:14 PM
That's what I thought it was, but wanted to make sue I wasn't missing something. With 22 hrs left and only on level 6 I'm just going to start working on the new goals that aren't timed. That and work on getting my logs, water and rocks/coal filled back up.

riverly
05-01-16, 07:44 PM
That's what I thought it was, but wanted to make sue I wasn't missing something. With 22 hrs left and only on level 6 I'm just going to start working on the new goals that aren't timed. That and work on getting my logs, water and rocks/coal filled back up.sorry it's not working out for you. I hope that further on down the road there will be another chance to get the cherry fairy for your kingdom. It doesn't seem right that another character for the kingdom would be made available only in a timed event. I guess that means that she doesn't play an important part of the story.

CLOVERKAITO
05-01-16, 08:09 PM
Yes,you get Anthia as soon as you upgrade to lvl 5. She literally pops out of the tree. You only miss the coins and xp if you don't finish the goal.

Good to know. I only got to the second last step today with 22 hours left on the timer so obviously can't get 50 via neighbours...

ghjvcucjb
05-01-16, 09:25 PM
i can see this working for living wood, but where are you getting all the cherry dust from. That is why I grew a lot of trees. Mainly crabapple trees. But I over did it and got way too many trees left over!!!

It's hard to follow when there are several back and forth replies to an original question. So I can see how this got confusing. Originally I mentioned that I had an entire forest of trees that I deforested to try and get living wood. I got all my cherry dust (whatever that was that dropped from chopping) while chopping all of those... to the point that I was full several times. I also mentioned somewhere that I spent most of my time afterwards growing and chopping trees, again to get living wood but only got a couple for every 6+ full trees planted, watered, chopped. I finally gave up a couple of days ago and focused on chopping logs. Since I was already maxed on everything else, my concern was only in regards to the most efficient way to obtain living wood.

riverly
05-01-16, 09:38 PM
It's hard to follow when there are several back and forth replies to an original question. So I can see how this got confusing. Originally I mentioned that I had an entire forest of trees that I deforested to try and get living wood. I got all my cherry dust (whatever that was that dropped from chopping) while chopping all of those... to the point that I was full several times. I also mentioned somewhere that I spent most of my time afterwards growing and chopping trees, again to get living wood but only got a couple for every 6+ full trees planted, watered, chopped. I finally gave up a couple of days ago and focused on chopping logs. Since I was already maxed on everything else, my concern was only in regards to the most efficient way to obtain living wood.AHA! Now I see. Makes perfect sense.

LastDuchess
05-01-16, 11:33 PM
just finished level 4, 20 hours left. Any advice on how to catch up quickly in such a short time and collect all the items? I have none. Don't want to buy gems

zyfazix
05-02-16, 02:27 AM
It's so much cherry, I don't know if I'll be able to collect everything in time :(

nebulousju
05-02-16, 05:10 AM
Good luck to everyone for finishing the quest!

agifford12061
05-02-16, 05:16 AM
Why are quests so super not giving? My game does not like to drop a lot of the specials or give monsters. I took a lot of energy just finding the drops from the mushrooms and trees and animals. A lot of times I would get less then 5 items from of a patch or two or 3 items
from a tree. Quests should be attainable without going crazy. I have finally made it to the last part of the quest to get the new fairy and for me that could take close to a week just getting people to respond and here I only have 18 hours left, so disappointed. And the last 2 monster quests never got enough gang beasts enough or skunks to complete the I believe novice level, buy since the end getting multiply amounts of both where I could have attained the goal. Love this game but am losing interest because it is to much work and not enough fun to compute goals. So frustrated

EsmeW2
05-02-16, 08:33 AM
WooHoo!! I've just manage to finish this event on the new version of the game that I started just before Easter on an iPad. I was on level 18 when this event started - so it's definitely possible to do for lower level players. (Though I have spent a LOT of time on it in the past couple of days!!!). Being at a lower level made it much harder though and I got pretty frustrated and almost gave up at the stage of the gold nuggets. But after 3 days of rock chopping I finally got them. Then the pigs seemed impossible. Later on in the game gold isn't an issue but early on it's in short supply - but I bought a few and gem skipped the rest. I didn't have the problem with the living wood that other people have reported - I must have started off quite well stocked and kindly neighbours gifted some.

Now the fairy is flying around my game and though she's still as cross-eyed as ever she doesn't twitch and fly backwards all the time the way she does on the android version, so that's a bonus too!

A huge thanks to all the people who've posted useful information on this forum (especially SW as ever). I'd never have managed it without planning ahead on the goals and taking on the advice offered.

zyfazix
05-02-16, 08:38 AM
I still need like 40 Cherry dust and 54 Living Essence. Maybe I can buy my way out if it but it's going to take most of my gem supply :\

HarlieD
05-02-16, 09:40 AM
This bites! It took me nearly the entire quest (10 days) to get all 5 gold nuggets for the Barron in part 3, & now needing so much living wood that's so hard to get to begin with, I don't see me being able to finish! :( If they want us to get these items, they should make it possible for more than just a few people to be able to finish without buying gems :(

EsmeW2
05-02-16, 10:11 AM
This bites! It took me nearly the entire quest (10 days) to get all 5 gold nuggets for the Barron in part 3, & now needing so much living wood that's so hard to get to begin with, I don't see me being able to finish! :( If they want us to get these items, they should make it possible for more than just a few people to be able to finish without buying gems :(

I feel your pain! After three days of rock chopping and not spending energy on anything else I was just about ready to give up when the first nugget showed up. I'd never have managed to keep on trying for as long as you. I wonder why the nuggets were so rare? I'd always thought that chopping your way through a couple of big rock piles was bound to get one - but it just didn't happen this time. And the mine was useless.

zyfazix
05-02-16, 10:56 AM
In total I'll need another 28 Cherry Dust and 53 Living Essence. If I hadn't doubted about spending 5 gold nuggets a few days ago and kept collecting I probably would have enough. Skipping with gems is simply too costly for me since that will add up to 300.

CLOVERKAITO
05-02-16, 12:25 PM
I think I saw Anthia popped out of the cherry hive after I upgraded to level 5, but after I closed and started the game again I can't find her... Can someone please double check my kingdom?

I only have 26 sealing dust from neighbours right now but since I already upgraded the cheery hive to level 5 it should be fine, right? It'd cost me 58 gems to get the rest of the sealing dust and I'd rather not spend that money...... Thanks for checking!

kooky panda
05-02-16, 12:31 PM
I think I saw Anthia popped out of the cherry hive after I upgraded to level 5, but after I closed and started the game again I can't find her... Can someone please double check my kingdom?

I only have 26 sealing dust from neighbours right now but since I already upgraded the cheery hive to level 5 it should be fine, right? It'd cost me 58 gems to get the rest of the sealing dust and I'd rather not spend that money...... Thanks for checking!
I see her floating around.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/1af94502-5a2e-4304-af2f-269cad7ef9a6_zpscays6omw.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/1af94502-5a2e-4304-af2f-269cad7ef9a6_zpscays6omw.png.html)
(you can delete my invite, I am currently not playing)

PikaSquirrel
05-02-16, 12:53 PM
The issue of Anthia flying sideways has been fixed. :P Please reinstall the game to see this fix, thanks for your patience!

DragonWished
05-02-16, 01:44 PM
Totally agree. I needed 2 nuggets to proceed and didn't get them from any of the known sources. VERY DISAPPOINTED to miss out on this goal.

With all of the gems I've lost to gem traps in this game, I no longer spend real money here.

It's a shame the timed goals aren't designed for a larger group of players.

aiyoosha
05-02-16, 01:49 PM
The issue of Anthia flying sideways has been fixed. :P Please reinstall the game to see this fix, thanks for your patience!

nothing on her appearance?

luke1100
05-02-16, 02:01 PM
The goal is apparently live up to 5/2 4pm (see page 1 of this thread) but my timer says I've only got 4 hours left!!! I've closed down the game, synced the game etc but it's not changed! Someone obviously can't tell the time and/or do maths.......Can someone please tell me if this is a glitch as there is no way I can do final upgrade on tree in 4hours.

aiyoosha
05-02-16, 02:07 PM
The goal is apparently live up to 5/2 4pm (see page 1 of this thread) but my timer says I've only got 4 hours left!!! I've closed down the game, synced the game etc but it's not changed! Someone obviously can't tell the time and/or do maths.......Can someone please tell me if this is a glitch as there is no way I can do final upgrade on tree in 4hours.

well its almost 4 here like 3 more hours to go, im in california where the game company is based.

luke1100
05-02-16, 02:14 PM
Oh well that was another waste of time and resources then:mad:

GC5410
05-02-16, 03:03 PM
Does anyone know why I only got 5 days for this quest and not 10 days like everyone else seems to have? :(

Are you still able to upgrade your tree fully even after the quest has ended? I still have all the crafting options available to me.

HarlieD
05-02-16, 03:11 PM
I had the same problem with the Hamlet quest. They wanted so many gold nuggets that I didn't get him, either. Should have just quit & used my gold nuggets to make the last gold piping I need to upgrade my jousting arena. I have all the other items I need to advance, except the living wood, items I need to use living wood for, & items I can't get till I advance to a higher level of the quest.

ClaresKingdom
05-02-16, 03:23 PM
I've had to give up too just not enough time and I tried so hard for this one - such a waste!

Ludde007
05-02-16, 03:35 PM
Hey
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But I'm not getting the materials to upgrade The cherry hive to level 5. The animals, trees, or mushrooms ain't giving me nothing useful!! Not yesterday, not to day.
So it's therefor impossible for me to get Anthia.
I'm really sad right now..
Is it something wrong with the game??

CLOVERKAITO
05-02-16, 03:43 PM
Thanks for checking kooky =]

bookofsnow
05-02-16, 03:49 PM
Can someone confirm that once we upgrade the tree to level 5 we get to keep the fairy? I still need 25 sealing dust and 2 hrs left.. I won't get them.

aiyoosha
05-02-16, 03:55 PM
Can someone confirm that once we upgrade the tree to level 5 we get to keep the fairy? I still need 25 sealing dust and 2 hrs left.. I won't get them.

yep its confirmed, the only thing u wont get is the 300 coins i think. as long as u upgrade the tree shes all urs

SpiritWind00
05-02-16, 03:55 PM
You do not need sealing dust. Just upgrade your tree before the event ends in an hour(ish)

SpiritWind00
05-02-16, 03:58 PM
Hey
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. But I'm not getting the materials to upgrade The cherry hive to level 5. The animals, trees, or mushrooms ain't giving me nothing useful!! Not yesterday, not to day.
So it's therefor impossible for me to get Anthia.
I'm really sad right now..
Is it something wrong with the game??
The last part was just really hard. I'm sorry you're not going to finish... Random drops frustrate all of us especially when there is a timer.

jao1961
05-02-16, 04:02 PM
I was very excited about this challenge at first. Now I'm just very disappointed. I've been playing for over a year I have only been able to finish one or two challenges. Very difficult to gather materials . Like this one the gold nuggets. I have a level 4 depp mine. I only got 2 nuggets since beginning of quest.My tree is only a level 3 not able to finish it in the slotted time frame unless Unless you buy gems. Very disappointed. So here's another one to either sell or put in storage. Didn't finish easter thanksgiving never got a Christmas one! Didn't finish st pats the day either. Wanted to get the rabbit very badly. But getting very discouraged when a neighbor who's a level 12 finish and I can't even after a year of playing. Feels like I'm a loser and never getting anything new to display.Not happy at all.I've purchased gems in the past and also packages and put a lot of time and effort into this game. And to never finish again is a very huge let down! I realize its optional so what are we to do nothing? So I start in the hopes of finishing but get let down again.😢

shammsjag
05-02-16, 05:52 PM
I tried So hard to complete this event. I don't have the time it seems, like a lot of people, & play as often as able. I made it to level 10, on the day we had 24hrs remaining, and though me efforts were good, I didn't make it. I am So disappointed! I watched with dispair, as the time clicked down the final seconds. I fully expected an offer to complete it with gems, but No! It just disappeared from my tasks. Those that obtained the Fairy are very lucky indeed! Oh well, off to my waiting objectives now, that have been patiently waiting...

transberry
05-02-16, 07:02 PM
With 53 min left in goal I completed my last souvenir and upgraded to level 5

If we had to get the sealing dust it would have been impossible

No living wood left and I'm usually maxed on it

yummy_bistro
05-02-16, 07:34 PM
I can't believe I finished and got the fairy!

I used 15 gems to skip the prime cuts and 2 gems to speed up the 2 cottages overnight to collect.

Was lv26 since the game started now 27 lol

I literally played hourly even during work, *sch* don't tell my boss

even so my shoulder ached from paying all S8 game so much ( at same time I play RS2, BS2 and farm story ....)

The castle story was to install to get gems for my RS2 but realised I enjoyed it so much so continue playing

aiyoosha
05-02-16, 08:27 PM
I can't believe I finished and got the fairy!

I used 15 gems to skip the prime cuts and 2 gems to speed up the 2 cottages overnight to collect.

Was lv26 since the game started now 27 lol

I literally played hourly even during work, *sch* don't tell my boss

even so my shoulder ached from paying all S8 game so much ( at same time I play RS2, BS2 and farm story ....)

The castle story was to install to get gems for my RS2 but realised I enjoyed it so much so continue playing

lol im glad u made it congrats

atiragram
05-03-16, 01:44 AM
I have a level 4 depp mine. I only got 2 nuggets since beginning of quest.
Did you really get 2 nuggets DURING the quest? Now that's what I call extremely lucky. I have two deep mines (at least one being lvl 5) and I get a nugget about once a fortnight. But I learned a year or two ago to NEVER EVER do the golden trade. It's just something that sits there in the trade exchange not to be touched, unless the unlikely occurence comes up that one is maxed on golden items. When you stick to your nuggets you can afford a quest that requires 20 nuggets once a year or so.

But yes, it's frustrating when you put in a lot of effort and don't make it, I've experienced this quite some times as well. I'm still sometimes not making a quest and I play since 2012 and I'm lvl 50. This time I used 80 gems and half my energy crates from the first monster seasons and just managed to finish a couple of minutes before the end. But ok I started the quest late, otherwise it would probably have been just feasible with some energy crates without gems, on my level and pace of playing (can't play much more than 3 times per day).

In any case, don't get frustrated by lower level players managing to get everything. I suspect there's just people around who don't care about money and buy their 1000 gem packs monthly. Or weekly. And at the same time have a job that allows them to play hourly. No clue how that goes together, it's beyond my logic, since the people in my surroundings either have demanding jobs and a lot of money, or less demanding jobs and not so much money, or demanding jobs and no money whatsoever - but might be I'm just not in the right surroundings for that.

On the other hand, there is some tips that you can follow to get the max out of your effort, I think there's a thread for it. For example play other games to earn gems, don't ever invest those gems for energy, but invest in a wizard school instead, etc. There's definitely some gem purchases that are worth more than other stuff. Red tirilium, wizard school, baracks (but rather at past lvl 40 - in any case only when you can make a feast more than daily), apple tree, for example. And don't ever do the golden trade. If you want to know more, you might have a look if you find the thread.

I learned it the hard way, but when I started there weren't any lvl 50 players around, anyway - which also means there weren't so extremely hard quests. Some materials didn't even exist yet. So it was probably easier or at least fairer in some way. There were always those that managed everything while I did not, too, though. But then I did start to manage some goals and I'm still playing, there's the moments when it's really fun :). And some of my more successful neighbours who played more intensively stopped in the meanwhile, because there was nothing left for them to do and they got bored. So in the end I think taking it at an easier pace seems to be more fun on the long run even in spite of the frustrations.

Gosh I hope that doesn't sound utterly arrogant now. Apologies if it does, the intended message is, keep up to it, don't give up, at some point the resources come in more easily and you'll start to manage more of the quests. This one was really particularly resource-intensive (although not quite as bad as the stupid orphanage). They quite often do such quests lately, for example the christmas stuff was tough and so much luck-dependent (never got my last deco item & the final reward either). But there's always also easier stuff (I quite like the monster seasons, although I'm still very far from the cooking camp and didn't get any skuncupines last time during harvest) or stuff that's tough, but just feasible and very rewarding, like the mystery dinner table - that one was even worth a couple if gems if necessary, I find.

Until now I always found that it's worth to check out the quests but sometimes I prefer to give up early and invest my energy in other things (that's what those people who manage everything in no time are utterly useful for, since I can find out in the forum whether it's worth the effort rather early).

Cheers,

atiragram

rulerofjennyville
05-03-16, 05:59 AM
So, are we expecting an update with a new story this Thursday or are we getting a breather?

But yes, it's frustrating when you put in a lot of effort and don't make it, I've experienced this quite some times as well.

atiragram

The trick is to hold back a bit until others gem through then read through and see if you have what you need to finish. If you don't don't waste your resources trying the challenge in the first place. I did that around Halloween and I was glad I didn't bother with the challenge.

Nikospets
05-03-16, 08:53 AM
This had to be the most frustrating and irritating quest yet for me. When it takes 9 days just to get one item, (gold nuggets) and have gone through numerous amounts of energy and gems only not to compete the quest, I think that is ridiculous! I play this game to relax and get away from all the craziness in our lives, not to be more stressed and aggravated! I hope in the future S8 will let us complete the quests that are partially completed and in the future not make these quest so extremely difficult!

CeGaladria
05-03-16, 08:57 AM
I also got stuck on the gold nuggets. I shopped stones for 5 or 6 days! I did try in exchange to and mining. I devostated. I so much wanted to level that tree. Im cruched.

riverly
05-03-16, 10:20 AM
I also got stuck on the gold nuggets. I shopped stones for 5 or 6 days! I did try in exchange to and mining. I devostated. I so much wanted to level that tree. Im cruched.i hate to hear this. If it's any consolation to you the tree doesn't have good drops- wood mainly and the fairy does not seem to have any part of the storyline. And we can't get rid of her if we wanted to!!!

GC5410
05-03-16, 02:21 PM
Does anyone know why I only got 5 days for this quest and not 10 days like everyone else seems to have? :(

Are you still able to upgrade your tree fully even after the quest has ended? I still have all the crafting options available to me.

You do not need sealing dust. Just upgrade your tree before the event ends in an hour(ish)

When did this quest end???!!! When I posted the above quoted message last night (10pm UK time) the quest had already disappeared from my book (not sure when exactly, but I had just logged in for first time that day and it was already gone), but then about an hour later (10:55pm UK time) SpiritWind00 posted to say there was still an hour left, so the quest ended at around midnight UK time for everyone else except me???!!

As you can see from my post yesterday, I still had the ability to craft items for the quest, but the quest no longer appeared in my book (hence why I thought the quest had ended for everyone and I was asking if I could continue to craft items to upgrade tree)!

I'm completely confused!!!!!

CoachSuze
05-03-16, 10:16 PM
I was a bit lost on this quest :(
I thought I was done when the tree grew and when you tapped on it nothing showed for upgrading... By the time I realized I still had a long way to go to get the fairy, there wasn't much time left! I had so many other things going on, I had them all confused! I furiously tried to complete the goals before time ran out, but after feeding 10 pigs every hour all day - there was no time left to get through the rest!!
I was unbelievably frustrated and disappointed. This just sux.
Any chance we'll get to revisit this quest? Very frustrating to put so much into something and lose out bc of confusing information. Uggh.

shammsjag
05-05-16, 08:55 PM
Thanks for posting this! No, no arrogance. Very good advice.

Shammsjag

KadeeDid
05-08-16, 02:33 PM
I feel your pain. I was so close. I thought I had time for the last piece and it ended.

I was a bit lost on this quest :(
I thought I was done when the tree grew and when you tapped on it nothing showed for upgrading... By the time I realized I still had a long way to go to get the fairy, there wasn't much time left! I had so many other things going on, I had them all confused! I furiously tried to complete the goals before time ran out, but after feeding 10 pigs every hour all day - there was no time left to get through the rest!!
I was unbelievably frustrated and disappointed. This just sux.
Any chance we'll get to revisit this quest? Very frustrating to put so much into something and lose out bc of confusing information. Uggh.