PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 4/21 Update - The Cherry Hive Event | EXPIRED

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

transberry
04-25-16, 04:57 PM
Cherry dust comes from trees, cherry Essence comes from mushroom, Max for both is 99

Ok than makes no sense collecting from mushrooms all day yesterday at least 20 times today and just now got 1 cherry essence

65 trees yesterday no cherry dust

Growing more trees

I was maxed on living wood not now lol

SpiritWind00
04-25-16, 04:57 PM
the glitch in part 4 has been fixed.

The glitch in part 10 is being investigated.... It may be better if you're on part 10 now to NOT complete it, but to wait for a few hours until we hear back from the team.

Thanks! :)

SpiritWind00
04-25-16, 04:58 PM
ok guys im now on the part where u give steaks truffles and visiting ivy, what should i? does it glitch? do i have to do something special?

No issues with this part... Visit Ivy and Give away your goodies! :)

aiyoosha
04-25-16, 05:00 PM
No issues with this part... Visit Ivy and Give away your goodies! :)

awesome thx

ethan1brothers
04-25-16, 05:42 PM
if the lvl 10 glitch is bad are we gonna get more time for it ? and for lvl 10 do you have to get 50 more friends ? cause I have over 100 thanks to the add me thread ......

SpiritWind00
04-25-16, 05:52 PM
if the lvl 10 glitch is bad are we gonna get more time for it ? and for lvl 10 do you have to get 50 more friends ? cause I have over 100 thanks to the add me thread ......

Get More time... No :) it will be fixed today and it doesn't stop players from completing the event.
Get More friends... No, the issue isn't about that. So you're fine with the number you have. :)
And yes, the Add Me thread is awesome!

midsom
04-25-16, 05:54 PM
Any news on whether we can store our ophthalmologically challenged fairy, or whether next weeks update is to build a spec savers?

Niire
04-25-16, 05:54 PM
LOL, well...I am on part 10 but I need a super cherry potion and 60 life essences, so...waiting for news back should not be an issue! :)

Hannah396
04-25-16, 06:14 PM
I have one pink chicken and one Cupid cow, both purchased, no love shack :( , and I don't think I've gotten essence from the chicken, but I'm pretty sure the cow has dropped some. The turkey cow has been a very good source for me. The royal pigs have been pretty good too, and the regular cows.

Even though this quest has required a tremendous amount of energy and time, I like this so much better than the story book quests. It's much nicer to be able to move ahead as soon as each part is done, instead of having the waiting period.

My biggest request is to ask again, can we please use materials other than gold nuggets and living wood for some of these quests?

Same here! I don't have that number of gold nuggets. If we could craft or gift them at least, that would help. But as soon as I saw the gold nuggets, that was the end of this quest line for me. The drops are nearly non-existent. I don't do the gold trade at all; haven't ever except when I was a newbie & didn't know better. Maybe S8 could save some space and just delete the gold nugget trade?or better yet, give us gold nuggets in exchange for other items!

LilliDee
04-25-16, 06:25 PM
I'd just LOVE it if Storm8 would apply my silly $4.99 purchase so I could move off of the third step for nuggets. This is completely boring and extremely annoying because I probably can't even finish on time now anyway. I've searched for nuggets everywhere. I have lots of cherry dust etc. I don't know how many I need in total but I can't progress forward anyway. Totally don't understand why the purchase didn't apply automatically. It really sounds like with all the glitches they trotted this "event" out too soon. Does the tree drop anything besides wood and sap when it's upgraded because that's not a huge draw anymore either?

ahomeforme
04-25-16, 06:42 PM
A collection from 12 mushrooms only yielded 1 cherry essence. This happened several rounds already. Very tiring n energy consuming and wasting mushrooms. I'm starting to lose the joy in this event. Probably should just go back to main story line.

GlvtenFree
04-25-16, 06:43 PM
silly me i didnt read the forum before upgrading my tree to lvl 5
well it is lvl 5 but says i never completed the goal so my fairy disappeared after i welcomed her. ugh
will this be fixable? id love her to come back

Niire
04-25-16, 06:49 PM
I want to say this, hopefully I speak for all the android players...I do love this event, and am thrilled beyond reason that us droid users have been included in the event. Please, please, in the future, I would love to be a part of the community fully one day. We still lack quite a bit of content, but events like this are a step in the right direction. :) Thank you! <3

FlowerBurst
04-25-16, 07:06 PM
silly me i didnt read the forum before upgrading my tree to lvl 5
well it is lvl 5 but says i never completed the goal so my fairy disappeared after i welcomed her. ugh
will this be fixable? id love her to come back

They are working on the dust glitch, but the faerie should still be there. Did you search for her? She is constantly moving around and there are times when she is hidden behind an arch, building, etc., and it can take a little longer to spot her. Hope she's still there!

WindermereBakery
04-25-16, 07:43 PM
A collection from 12 mushrooms only yielded 1 cherry essence. This happened several rounds already. Very tiring n energy consuming and wasting mushrooms. I'm starting to lose the joy in this event. Probably should just go back to main story line.

I agree, I have 20 mushrooms out and collecting from all of them gets me either 1 or 0 cherry essence. Ten chops to a tree and I'm lucky to get one cherry dust. 20 cows or chickens gets me 2 living essence. We need hundreds of these items and it's depressing to be unlucky over and over again for 11 days straight.

What do we do with all these extra mushrooms and wood? Every recipe or trade also uses an ingredient like living wood or sap that we need for the goals right now. I can't even use the extra glimmerdust in my bags...

I can't wait until this event is over. I hope it's worth all the effort and materials.

LilliDee
04-25-16, 07:56 PM
I want to say this, hopefully I speak for all the android players...I do love this event, and am thrilled beyond reason that us droid users have been included in the event. Please, please, in the future, I would love to be a part of the community fully one day. We still lack quite a bit of content, but events like this are a step in the right direction. :) Thank you! <3

You know I'm really trying to have fun here too. I've been playing this game for 2 years. I rarely post because I spend my time playing and visiting all my neighbors. It's incredibly frustrating to listen to everyone raving about how great this is while my problem is completely ignored. I'm not a troll. Just want to have the same fun everyone else is but I'm over it. Off to ****** to get my money back. Have fun everybody. Sorry to my neighbors who will be relying on me filling their requests. It's just not fun anymore for me.

ebenezermac
04-25-16, 07:57 PM
I'm curious to know what we are doing to the mermaids to extract their tears. I fear it may be unethical. ;)

gilachaya
04-25-16, 08:14 PM
Boooo. I finished upgrade of cherry hive to level 5 after getting the 50 neighbors request complete. I went through dialog with fairy and I was done. Then all of a sudden it goes back in time. My hive is still level 5 and I need another 50 dealing dust.
To make it worse - I accidentally clicked an alicorn and lost 584 gems. Very sad.

I am so sorry about your gems. I hope something really good happens for you.

PrincessCupOButter
04-25-16, 08:14 PM
You know I'm really trying to have fun here too. I've been playing this game for 2 years. I rarely post because I spend my time playing and visiting all my neighbors. It's incredibly frustrating to listen to everyone raving about how great this is while my problem is completely ignored. I'm not a troll. Just want to have the same fun everyone else is but I'm over it. Off to ****** to get my money back. Have fun everybody. Sorry to my neighbors who will be relying on me filling their requests. It's just not fun anymore for me.

I'm sorry you are having a problem with your purchase. Have you emailed support about it? I wish there was something the players here could do to help, but I think sending an email to support would probably be the only way to get the issue resolved. I do hope you get your money back soon.

yummy_bistro
04-25-16, 08:29 PM
finally on part 6

such a hard time with living essence ...
chicken gives none and my two cows, collected abt 8 times gave 3 only..and saw upgrading hive 4 require another 40 :(

sigh

sophiensissi
04-25-16, 08:35 PM

I'm sorry to hear you paid $4.99 and didn't get the items you purchased! When it's a timed event, it's especially frustrating!

SpiritWind00
04-25-16, 08:36 PM

LilleeDee, the forum cannot help you with the purchase problem you have. You must email support. You will need to provide a copy of your receipt as well. You could try reinstalling your game, as sometimes that works. If you want to send me your ticket number by PM I will try and help you faster.

riverly
04-25-16, 08:38 PM
And another 25 energy not one living wood. This is ridiculous. Over 100 energy today used chopping various trees and not a single living wood. ����are you at least getting fairy dust. Crabapple trees have done very well for me for getting fairy dust and an occasional living wood. I hope this helps. I would like everyone be able to complete this goal.

SpiritWind00
04-25-16, 08:44 PM
For cherry dust, I've found that if you use the Quick Collection Method, you may get a better drop rate. I'm done with the cherry dust, and I have not used any gems. I do have a few alicorns but most of them went to collecting from mushrooms (good grief that drop rate is looooooowwwwwwww!)

‼️collect fast: multi click what you want to collect. click social icon, then exit. Better chance of drops‼️
Ie, Click your tree 10 times, then do the above.... (I only used crab apple trees)

It may help, it may not, but you have nothing to lose! :):):):):)

FlowerBurst
04-25-16, 08:52 PM
I'd just LOVE it if Storm8 would apply my silly $4.99 purchase so I could move off of the third step for nuggets. This is completely boring and extremely annoying because I probably can't even finish on time now anyway. I've searched for nuggets everywhere. I have lots of cherry dust etc. I don't know how many I need in total but I can't progress forward anyway. Totally don't understand why the purchase didn't apply automatically. It really sounds like with all the glitches they trotted this "event" out too soon. Does the tree drop anything besides wood and sap when it's upgraded because that's not a huge draw anymore either?

I made a purchase a few months ago that I did not receive. I contacted Apple: https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/, Support@storm8.com, and ******. I also included copies of all the receipts I received. Good luck! I know how frustrating it is! I missed completing a timed portion of a goal because I did not receive my gem purchase in time!

Niire
04-25-16, 09:11 PM
For cherry dust, I've found that if you use the Quick Collection Method, you may get a better drop rate. I'm done with the cherry dust, and I have not used any gems. I do have a few alicorns but most of them went to collecting from mushrooms (good grief that drop rate is looooooowwwwwwww!)

‼️collect fast: multi click what you want to collect. click social icon, then exit. Better chance of drops‼️
Ie, Click your tree 10 times, then do the above.... (I only used crab apple trees)

It may help, it may not, but you have nothing to lose! :):):):):)

Umm, this worked for me. I had 6 energy, gathered from mushrooms, and got 3 essences! :D And that is definitely more than I normally get lol.

coolssp
04-25-16, 10:43 PM
I do the quick collection trick but my mushrooms just don't want to give me dust :( Thank god for purple alicorns or no way this quest can be completed. Also, is the neighbor request problem solved? Didn't see that in the forum...

EvieandIzzie
04-25-16, 11:06 PM
I too find this task too frustrating but I will continue until the end.
Off to the add neighbour thread to prepare for the remote possibility of getting to Part 10 but do I really need 3 days to complete it? :confused:Absolutely absurd if true.

janddolphins
04-25-16, 11:58 PM
I've managed to get to step ten today with only one purple alicorn and a few random other from quests. Granted I am on full bed rest but also granted I slept half the day away so all in all doing pretty well.

I forgot if it was mentioned, once step 10 is completed do we lose the ability to make things? If not since it's so early in the quest and people have finished are they setting personal u goals with this challenge such as to hit 99 of certain items? I might hold off and get a couple souvenirs if in fact after we upgrade its over although how I've been feeling last I need is to get too sick to play and miss it... decisions decisions lol. I still have a good day to finish 10 I'm guessing.

starcontrol
04-26-16, 12:10 AM
I'm just getting one souvenir of each thing and I don't think I could do even that without my alicorn army. This is an incredibly energy intensive event! In all my years of playing I have never seen such a demanding event.

katbtodd
04-26-16, 12:36 AM
Get More time... No :) it will be fixed today and it doesn't stop players from completing the event.
Get More friends... No, the issue isn't about that. So you're fine with the number you have. :)
And yes, the Add Me thread is awesome!
It still in my book. And I have finished yesterday morning ,I sent out request again this morning..,guess the ones that have finished it will stay there until the time run out,..

totalwasteoftime
04-26-16, 12:36 AM
The cherry tree is beautiful but oh the deforestation!! I've been planting and watering trees just to chop them down and have barely any left in the kingdom... So sad.

janddolphins
04-26-16, 12:38 AM
I'm just getting one souvenir of each thing and I don't think I could do even that without my alicorn army. This is an incredibly energy intensive event! In all my years of playing I have never seen such a demanding event.

How many Alicorns will it take for you do that, I don't think we are neighbors?
I think I ideally would like to hit 99 of the items that come off of mushrooms, trees, and animals so making armies of each one at a time. Maybe one or two of the smaller trinkets as well but I won't be able to make the final one twice I don't think although never say never.

I think this has been on the top 5 list of quests of me and for those panicking we just started and there are so many days left.

I just hope as fun as this one was we can either continue storyline or have another useful fiction quest in the near future, although not greedy and don't expect them every month and this was a fun spin.

All :) :) :) from me! Glad I made my purchase recently and it's events like these that deserve them (as long as I can spend it right away not to fall to a trap, I'm happy to help support, just not a fool lol)

Thanks S8 for putting out a great event again while I'm not feeling well, you always manage to have good timing with that giving me and everyone else something fun to play :)

Sandybellee
04-26-16, 12:51 AM
So we didn't get an answer about the sealing dust bug yet. What should those of us having completed and got the bug do? Should we request sealing dust again? Or will completing the goal twice cause more problems?

SpiritWind00
04-26-16, 12:53 AM
I just checked my report and it's still under investigation. I would wait given we have lots of time left. If Anthia is flying around your kingdom, I would ignore the goal for now. Hopefully we will have answers shortly... Sorry it's not better news as yet.

Sandybellee
04-26-16, 12:57 AM
I just checked my report and it's still under investigation. I would wait given we have lots of time left. If Anthia is flying around your kingdom, I would ignore the goal for now. Hopefully we will have answers shortly... Sorry it's not better news as yet.

Ok, thank you SW.

jb7404
04-26-16, 03:02 AM
I'm having the same problem! I finished the quest, and the Fairy was flying around. 10 seconds later it's asking me for 50 more sealing dusts.

CharmOfLea
04-26-16, 03:18 AM
So if I go to sleep looking like this 30477
and wake up looking like this 30478 then it seems a piece of the story is missing. :confused: What horrid events took place?

Lady G seems to be getting her beauty sleep lately, however, she's smiling really friendly now. ;)

ETA I find 8 differences in appearance between both images. The other new character addition to the board, Kaz, doesn't look like his true self either. The new crew just doesn't quite manage that well.

rere123412345
04-26-16, 03:20 AM
After losing my gems on speeding up an alicorn - it is ok. I used plenty of my alicorn a in the quest and had a fun time keeping up with chopping trees and mushrooms. That is why I have been sticking with the game. I think I will use the last of my gems for a purple alicorn so I don't have any more to lose. Yeah purple alicorn

FedFun
04-26-16, 04:13 AM
Yes! This happened to me also! My Living Essence is still there and the hive shows as level 5. My fairy is flitting around the kingdom, but now my goal book says I only have 8 Sealing Dust when it had been at 50 -- had to be 50 to allow me to upgrade the hive. Or are we now being asked for an *additional* 50 Sealing Dust? Either way, what a frustrating development!! I think either the Baron stole my stash or else Kaz took it..............

rulerofjennyville
04-26-16, 04:13 AM
Jeeze - it's a good thing I'm at level 10 with 7 days left. I have to get 50 requests from neighbors along with 40 LIVING MASKS? Then on top of that the super cherry potion and 20 more of the animal essence? Luckily with the glitch I'd gotten my animal essence up to 40 while I waited so the 60 won't be hard to get. The only way for me to get those masks outside of begging from neighbors is to craft them so I'm endlessly clicking on craft materials. Nothing seems to drop them. And I started this competition with 99 masks - I feel for the people who started with none.

Wonkaland99
04-26-16, 05:11 AM
A big Woohoo and thank you from me for this quest. Far and away the most enjoyable since I started playing just over a year ago.
I am only on step 6 so I am not certain of completing it, but it's great having specific uses for all my energy.
I play A LOT , and often have to click on coin buildings just to use a surplus.
Very ☺ Android user.

riverly
04-26-16, 05:33 AM
I think my active neighbor list is dwindling. I do wish there was a better method of knowing who is still playing the game but for now I will just keep sending requests over and over to the same players that seem to be responding. I keep a list of who I sent to and who responded from every past events. That seems to be ever changing.

bozotc19
04-26-16, 05:42 AM
Yeah, this sucks...I go to bed with 41 sealing dusts....complete the final quest in the morning and then out 2 minutes later that I have only3 sealing dusts...and need47 More! Please advise. I worked my butt off for those

icastled
04-26-16, 05:48 AM
In case it hasn't been posted yet, I just got a Living Essence from the purple cow

SpiritWind00
04-26-16, 05:50 AM
Yeah, this sucks...I go to bed with 41 sealing dusts....complete the final quest in the morning and then out 2 minutes later that I have only3 sealing dusts...and need47 More! Please advise. I worked my butt off for those

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91015-Level-5-Hive&p=1284652&viewfull=1#post1284652
Bugs forum link to my post...

moizad
04-26-16, 06:16 AM
Yeah !!! Almost done ! I only need 8 sealing dust now (which will come tomorrow, stupid "20 req a day rule" :rolleyes: )
i'll add my name to the list of people wanted the original Faerie wandering in our king/queen-doms instead of the ugly looking one !

Please S8, let us have the nice, smiling happy looking anthia !!

mssully69
04-26-16, 06:17 AM
Ok. This Faerie quest is the most ridiculous ever!!!! First you need a huge amount of cherry dust and another cherry something from mushrooms!! Problem is I only get one of those stupid things for every 15 cleared. I ran out of trees trying to get the dust bc they are only coming up so little. I think I got 3 after clearing 6 trees. So I bought and grew 5 more trees and still only got 2!!!!!!! They should be dropping way more frequent than that! No way without spending a ton of real money...that I can finish half this goal! This game is becoming ridiculous. When you need stuff to build for a quest you see that item drop very little!! Guess its time to stop playing bc the ratio of drops is about 1 in 20. You run completely out of energy so you have to keep coming back to try for more. Its not worth it when we are getting very little of the items we need. This is completely a ridiculous quest. This company needs to make those parts more accessible. Its not cool. Makes me not want to play anymore and I have really enjoyed the game to this point. But this quest is grossly out of reach unless I spend real money! I have funded this game enough!! Storm...fix the drops to be more frequent or you lose a player!! I am tired of going through 20 energy to get 2 cherrys dusts! Not buying more trees when they are not really giving parts!! FEELING VERY FRUSTRATED!! Loved the game until they started making it impossible to get parts!!!!!

Nikospets
04-26-16, 06:21 AM
Start chopping stones. I got mine from all size rock piles and the mines.

Geez this is frustrating, I have been chopping rocks, iron rich rock, collecting from deep mines and sparkling mines, doing jewlerey trades and troll pit for days and only have received 1 gold nugget! This is rediculous, I will never finish this! Someone please help!!!

RockerTK
04-26-16, 07:11 AM
Ok. This Faerie quest is the most ridiculous ever!!!! First you need a huge amount of cherry dust and another cherry something from mushrooms!! Problem is I only get one of those stupid things for every 15 cleared. I ran out of trees trying to get the dust bc they are only coming up so little. I think I got 3 after clearing 6 trees. So I bought and grew 5 more trees and still only got 2!!!!!!! They should be dropping way more frequent than that! No way without spending a ton of real money...that I can finish half this goal! This game is becoming ridiculous. When you need stuff to build for a quest you see that item drop very little!! Guess its time to stop playing bc the ratio of drops is about 1 in 20. You run completely out of energy so you have to keep coming back to try for more. Its not worth it when we are getting very little of the items we need. This is completely a ridiculous quest. This company needs to make those parts more accessible. Its not cool. Makes me not want to play anymore and I have really enjoyed the game to this point. But this quest is grossly out of reach unless I spend real money! I have funded this game enough!! Storm...fix the drops to be more frequent or you lose a player!! I am tired of going through 20 energy to get 2 cherrys dusts! Not buying more trees when they are not really giving parts!! FEELING VERY FRUSTRATED!! Loved the game until they started making it impossible to get parts!!!!!

I don't know, I've been playing this event peacefully every day. Had to grow around 35-40 trees so had to spend some energy on it but that's okay to me. The prize is really cool, albeit a bit different looking than the one shown in the questline. I haven't spend any money and I don't have to since I still have 7 day and I'm on part 10. The only thing that was difficult and 'annoying' was the 5 nuggets. I agree, it's a lot and I only had 4. But I happily used my gems to skip 1 nugget and after that everything went fine. Yeah it's a lot of work, but I'm happy about that. Difficult is what makes us work for objects here in the game and in real life. I feel that the goals are very VERY doable if you just put a little bit of time in them. And I mean a LITTLE bit..like 1-2 hours a day (in total, if you log in multiple times ofcourse) or so should be more than enough. A lot of players here on this forum are done or almost done and they all liked the event. I feel the only ones who are complaining are the ones who are maybe not trying hard enough (not trying to be mean or anything, just my opinion). You don't HAVE to play this event, it's optional. Everything is written out on the first page so you can easily prepare for everything. All the goals that you have from the normal timeline will stay, and you just have to use all your energy on this event.

Long story short, I like this event and I'm happy about the prize. It's not difficult, it's just a lot work and clicking. CHOP CHOP 'TILL YOU DROP :D

badbunny42
04-26-16, 07:23 AM
IS THIS A GLITCH???
Had collected the 50 Sealing Dust & upgraded Cherry Hive Level 5
Finished Goal 10 (or so I thought)& have Anthia floating in Kingdom
Said "Hi"/Spoke to Baron etc.
BUT
Goal 10 is still there ... needing Sealing Dust???!
Have to collect more Sealing Dust??? making it 100 to ACTUALLY finish Goal????!

HOPING THIS IS A GLITCH !!!
Same here. However cross eyed Anthia is still flitting around and cherry hive is still level 5. Possibly it's starting the count over? Pretty sure you don't have to get more dust but it is a glitch. 🐰

pieandcream
04-26-16, 07:26 AM
how on earth are we supposed to get 60 living essences? i got like 10 in 2days >.< its been ridiculously difficult to acquire. about on par with the cherry essence.

riverly
04-26-16, 07:51 AM
how on earth are we supposed to get 60 living essences? i got like 10 in 2days >.< its been ridiculously difficult to acquire. about on par with the cherry essence.i went back to the old standby- the milk and eggs trade. It seems I always end up there!! Cows and chickens have been pretty consistent in their drops, plus I end up with a trade ticket.

ClaireEdwolf
04-26-16, 07:55 AM
how on earth are we supposed to get 60 living essences? i got like 10 in 2days >.< its been ridiculously difficult to acquire. about on par with the cherry essence.

Maybe you didn't have much luck? Because I can easily find 5-6 each time I collect from my animals, and collecting several times a day for 2 days helped me have about 40 living essences now. I have more troubles with finding enough cherry essences, they are darn rare.

ggfdddgh
04-26-16, 08:03 AM
I have the same glich, with anthea in the kingdom and goal appeared again requesting more dust

riverly
04-26-16, 08:05 AM
Ok.... I have ended up with way too many crabapple trees. I guess I went a little overboard planting. I guess I will just try to find places for them here and there because I just do not have any desire to go for souvenirs. Right now anyway. That might change.

pieandcream
04-26-16, 08:17 AM
i went back to the old standby- the milk and eggs trade. It seems I always end up there!! Cows and chickens have been pretty consistent in their drops, plus I end up with a trade ticket.

yes, i have had more luck with cows and chickens than pigs as well! been doing lots of milk/eggs trades too XD

aiyoosha
04-26-16, 08:37 AM
im now waiting for the wakey wakey potion to be made, 3 hours to go...

ghjvcucjb
04-26-16, 09:35 AM
Started noticing I wasn't getting much living wood a few days ago. Had to start crafting it. So paid strict attention yesterday. chopped 13 various trees and only got 2 living wood. Chopped a half a dozen more and got zero living wood. Chopped numerous trees today and got zero living wood. Can't move past the living wood stage for days

macdonald
04-26-16, 09:45 AM
Grezeldas dark Garden also drops living wood, not sure if its been mentioned or in any list. Not every time though.

ShibuyaCloth
04-26-16, 10:03 AM
The main attraction:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb451000.png_2v_31020.png
Cherry Hive L1 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_CherryHiveL1)
Info: A beautiful Cherry Hive. Help Anthia restore it so she can remain in your Kingdom!
Type: Building
Source: Event
Size: 2x2
Requirements: 500 coins // 6 Cherry Dust, 20 Water
Drops: Coins, Cherry Dust, Wood, Sap
Events: The Cherry Hive - April 2016
Timer: 300 minutes // 5 hours
Speed-up: 10 gems
Cap: 1
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90961
Comments: Available at Level +17

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb451001.png_2v_31020.png
Cherry Hive L2 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_CherryHiveL2)
Info: A beautiful Cherry Hive. Help Anthia restore it so she can remain in your Kingdom!
Requirements: 6 Cherry Dust, 1 Cherry Growth Potion, 20 Water

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb451002.png_2v_31020.png
Cherry Hive L3 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_CherryHiveL3)
Requirements: 12 Cherry Dust, 1 Super Cherry Potion, 40 White Petal, 10 Living Wood

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb451003.png_2v_31020.png
Cherry Hive L4 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_CherryHiveL4)
Requirements: 14 Cherry Dust, 40 Sap, 20 Living Wood, 40 Living Essence

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb451004.png_2v_31020.png
Cherry Hive L5 (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_CherryHiveL5)
Requirements: 20 Cherry Dust, 1 Super Cherry Potion, 60 Living Essence, 50 Sealing Dust
Drops: ?

Materials:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50535.png_2v_31020.png
Cherry Dust (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_CherryDust)
Info: Magical Cherry Dust.
Type: Material
Requirements: 10 gems
Found: Trees
Cap: 99

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50538.png_2v_31020.png
Cherry Essence (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_CherryEssence)
Info: Used to make Super Cherry Growth Potions.
Requirements: 20 gems
Found: Mushrooms

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50537.png_2v_31020.png
Faerie Food (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_FaerieFood)
Info: Delicious Faerie Food!
Found: Mushrooms

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50543.png_2v_31020.png
Living Essence (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_LivingEssence)
Info: Living Essence from Animals
Found: Animals

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50541.png_2v_31020.png
Mermaid Tears (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_MermaidTears)
Info: Mermaid Tears to use in a Crying Dish.
Requirements: 14 gems
Found: Ponds

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50546.png_2v_31020.png
Sealing Dust (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SealingDust)
Info: A magical Sealing Dust.
Requirements: 4 gems
Found: Neighbors

Crafts:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50536.png_2v_31020.png
Cherry Growth Potion (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_CherryGrowthPotion)
Info: A magical potion to help from the Cherry Hive.
Crafted in: Potion Shop
Requirements: 76 gems // 6 Cherry Dust, 40 Sap, 40 Living Wood
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Speed-up: 4 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50539.png_2v_31020.png
Cherry Crystal (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_CherryCrystal)
Info: Used to make Super Cherry Growth Potions.
Crafted in: Magic Forge
Requirements: 134 gems // 6 Cherry Dust, 6 Cherry Essence, 20 Jewels
Timer: 120 minutes // 2 hours
Speed-up: 8 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50540.png_2v_31020.png
Super Cherry Potion (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_SuperCherryPotion)
Info: A magical potion to help from the Cherry Hive.
Crafted in: Potion Shop
Requirements: 478 gems // 40 Wood, 1 Cherry Growth Potion, 3 Cherry Crystal
Timer: 120 minutes // 2 hours
Speed-up: 8 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50542.png_2v_31020.png
Scrying Dish (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ScryingDish)
Info: A Scrying Dish used to see visions.
Requirements: 130 gems // 10 Mermaid Tears, 60 Stones, 40 Silver Ore
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Speed-up: 4 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50545.png_2v_31020.png
Waking Charm (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_WakingCharm)
Info: A Waking Charm used to break any deep slumber.
Requirements: 268 gems // 28 Cherry Dust, 20 Glimmerdust, 40 Hot Pepper
Timer: 180 minutes // 3 hours
Speed-up: 12 gems

xology
04-26-16, 10:24 AM
Started noticing I wasn't getting much living wood a few days ago. Had to start crafting it. So paid strict attention yesterday. chopped 13 various trees and only got 2 living wood. Chopped a half a dozen more and got zero living wood. Chopped numerous trees today and got zero living wood. Can't move past the living wood stage for days

I'm right there with you. Chopped 6 trees this morning, not one living wood. Won't be able to finish if this keeps up.

kajohn345
04-26-16, 10:46 AM
For raising pigs in step 6 can they be pre-raised? Can I begin now while collecting mermaid tears? And how many times do you tend a black pig before it's grown?

29vanilla
Don't forget to send knights on adventures. I got 2 living wood from search ancient vault. Also I forgot to tap my sawmills for a couple days. Yeah I'm absent minded. Chopping so many trees I didn't think I needed more wood but forgot about the LW drops.

Not sure if the spooky tree drops LW?? And hopefully neighbors are gifting LW too. Good luck!

meme1098
To all those having a hard time getting drops from trees, mushrooms, etc. - it seemed my drops increased after 15-20 taps & then using the quick collect method.
Several ways to accomplish a quick collection after tapping numerous times:

Immediately
1. Go to your neighbor list, or
2. Pull up the Control Center, or
3. Hold down the Home button to open Siri
Any one of these methods work.

For raising pigs in step 6 can they be pre-raised? Can I begin now while collecting mermaid tears? And how many times do you tend a black pig before it's grown?

Yes. As long as you wait until you actually have the goal before the last feeding. I put out the 10 pigs along with 12 white poppies. Each time I fed, I removed a poppy to keep track of the remaining amount of feedings.

29vanilla
04-26-16, 10:48 AM

Yes buy them now but don't fully raise til you reach that goal. It takes 12 hours! 1 hour in between each tap. Lots of suggestions on thread, even ideas on how to keep track of your taps.

storiadelcastello
04-26-16, 10:49 AM
I'm right there with you. Chopped 6 trees this morning, not one living wood. Won't be able to finish if this keeps up.

You can also make living wood, 20 wood 10 white petals and 5 water 15 minutes. A bit more chopping for petals but they grow quickly and no problem for wood. Also living wood tree is 120 gems, I have found it helpful as we seem to need tons of living wood for different events. Personally I would prefer to spend my gems on an item rather than skipping. Can't remember time, maybe every 4 hours and sometimes get more than one living wood Good luck with the adventure I hope you make it

totalwasteoftime
04-26-16, 11:24 AM
I think my active neighbor list is dwindling. I do wish there was a better method of knowing who is still playing the game but for now I will just keep sending requests over and over to the same players that seem to be responding. I keep a list of who I sent to and who responded from every past events. That seems to be ever changing.

Shortly before this goal started I made an excel spreadsheet of my 75 neighbors and figured the ones who have stuff from any of the last three events (monster hunt/glimmer alicorns, Easter eggs or the St Pattys float) are likely still playing. Since I'm on the last step and am requesting from neighbors I sent requests just to the 30 I'm unsure are active. I've gotten two back so they move to the "good" list 👏 and I'm planning to give it another day or so but maybe a a few active neighbors in the mix and then will request from all and bank on my active neighbors responding. And then I may part ways with the inactive neighbors after leaving a note on their walls to tell them they're welcome to send me a note if they ever move back in 😊.
Crazy amount a energy needed for this goal: lots of poor trees hacked down and not enough ways to use my surplus mushrooms without using the precious living wood, but otherwise fun!

ClaireEdwolf
04-26-16, 11:48 AM
This event is so far very challenging and fun. I'm very much enjoying it... But please, S8 make a fix on Anthia's appearance! Just changing her crossed eyes is OK! That part seems like most creepy. ?9?6

ShibuyaCloth
04-26-16, 12:10 PM
We can open voting

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/stuff/Board_Version.png
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/stuff/Goal_Version.png

Board Version

Goal Version

The goal version is more Manga Style, whereas the board version is more western style. Must still admit I am more in favor of the Manag style, which also better fir with the over game style.

PrincessCupOButter
04-26-16, 12:36 PM
We can open voting

Board Version

Goal Version

The goal version is more Manga Style, whereas the board version is more western style. Must still admit I am more in favor of the Manag style, which also better fir with the over game style.

I wonder if we could start a voting thread so the votes won't get lost in this one? Either way, I vote Goal Version!
Not only are her eyes not crossed, but she also just looks much happier. The colors are more vibrant, and her 'sash' or whatever it is, doesn't make her look like she's wearing one-legged pants.

DragonWished
04-26-16, 12:47 PM

It took me 3 days to accumulate enough living wood to move on to the next step. Now I'm stuck waiting for the mines to cough up gold nuggets.

Beyond frustrated. Games should be fun. This goal has me close to tears. Will keep trying but it looks like another unfinished thing will be hitting storage.

nessa005
04-26-16, 12:58 PM
I wonder if we could start a voting thread so the votes won't get lost in this one? Either way, I vote Goal Version!
Not only are her eyes not crossed, but she also just looks much happier. The colors are more vibrant, and her 'sash' or whatever it is, doesn't make her look like she's wearing one-legged pants.

GOAL version for me to please!

bestmamasama
04-26-16, 01:07 PM
Maybe you didn't have much luck? Because I can easily find 5-6 each time I collect from my animals, and collecting several times a day for 2 days helped me have about 40 living essences now. I have more troubles with finding enough cherry essences, they are darn rare.

I agree with you. Chicken and cows have dropped living essence pretty consistently for me whereas cherry essence...just thinking that I need another 20 makes me want to cry.

What I'm more nervous about is getting those 50 sealing dust from neighbors. Have only gotten 15 in the past two days. So add me if you want/need neighbors!!! I'm checking every hour on the hour except when I'm sleeping, of course :)

moonchild1987
04-26-16, 02:03 PM
If you're still back towards the beginning don't worry just yet, I was on part 3 for 3 days and finally dished out 40 gems for a gold nugget thinking I was running out of time. Parts 4 through 9 barely took 2 days and now I'm almost done with 10. If you're stuck just try to work on things that you'll need later on while waiting(growing pigs, building cottages, collecting extra supplies.) Just leave 3 days for 10 and you should be fine.

On another note, Sir Pigglesworth just gave me 2 living wood and a living essence on one collection. Woot, woot, go Sir P!

rulerofjennyville
04-26-16, 02:09 PM
I either have the worst neighbors or the game isn't registering their sealing dust. I think it's the latter. I sent out around 200 requests and only got 21 sealing dust.

ShibuyaCloth
04-26-16, 02:10 PM
I either have the worst neighbors or the game isn't registering their sealing dust. I think it's the latter. I sent out around 200 requests and only got 21 sealing dust.

that is right, 21 is the daily cap. For some reasons I got 23 today.

katbtodd
04-26-16, 02:13 PM
We can open voting

Board Version

Goal Version

Goal version , she just looks happier

katbtodd
04-26-16, 02:16 PM

Yes we should have a voting thread

anne202b
04-26-16, 02:36 PM
I'm at a loss for words!!!!!

I had Anthia in my kingdom (I welcomed her in the goal), and then POOF....game rebooted, lost Anthia AND it's saying in my goal book I only have 11 Sealing Dusts. I was finished with the goal. How did/could this happen? Now what?

***I just wrote to Storm 8.....looks like I'll be sending out more requests to neighbors.

rulerofjennyville
04-26-16, 02:39 PM

Thanks. I didn't think people only sent 21. I've been clicking nonstop sending out sealing dust. I thought it had to be something I was missing.

Steffihilson
04-26-16, 02:39 PM

I got 42 today.

aiyoosha
04-26-16, 02:45 PM
i only got 14 today, come on neighbors i need the max amount

aiyoosha
04-26-16, 02:49 PM
We can open voting

Board Version

Goal Version

i want the goal version *cries* shes so ugly n sinister in the other one :(

PikaSquirrel
04-26-16, 02:51 PM

I had Anthia in my kingdom (I welcomed her in the goal), and then POOF....game rebooted, lost Anthia AND it's saying in my goal book I only have 11 Sealing Dusts. I was finished with the goal. How did/could this happen? Now what?

***I just wrote to Storm 8.....looks like I'll be sending out more requests to neighbors.

You should still see Anthia walking around. If you wrote to support they will get to it soon! :)

88silver
04-26-16, 02:51 PM
If they were to uncross her eyes, I wouldn't care which version. Since it's highly unlikely that they'd fix her eyes, I think the goal version is better.

PrincessCupOButter
04-26-16, 02:52 PM

This is a known glitch, SW has reported that S8 is working on it. If you look back over the thread, you'll notice that there are a lot of us this has happened to, but the goal is still complete. Check your cherry hive...is it still level 5? If so, that means you had 11 extra sealing dust before upgrading. Look closely for Anthia, she likes to hide. :D

katbtodd
04-26-16, 02:54 PM

***I just wrote to Storm 8.....looks like I'll be sending out more requests to neighbors. here she is

anne202b
04-26-16, 02:55 PM
This is a known glitch, SW has reported that S8 is working on it. If you look back over the thread, you'll notice that there are a lot of us this has happened to, but the goal is still complete. Check your cherry hive...is it still level 5? If so, that means you had 11 extra sealing dust before upgrading. Look closely for Anthia, she likes to hide. :D

I feel like a complete idoit!!! I normally read all the posts but have been crazy busy at my day job so just skimmed through...yes, I do see Anthia and my hive is at 5.

So sorry I jumped in on the thread and sounded like a big whiner! Hey...wine...now that's another story. Thanks for the info Pika and PrincessCupOButter. Xoxo

anne202b
04-26-16, 02:57 PM
30491 here she is

Awwww...ain't she cute! Thanks, dear. Now I have to find out how to post pics.

PrincessCupOButter
04-26-16, 02:59 PM
I feel like a complete idoit!!! I normally read all the posts but have been crazy busy at my day job so just skimmed through...yes, I do see Anthia and my hive is at 5.

So sorry I jumped in on the thread and sounded like a big whiner! Hey...wine...now that's another story. Thanks for the info Pika and PrincessCupOButter. Xoxo

You are quite welcome and no need to apologize! I know I have plenty of those moments ;) Anthia really is sneaky and likes to hide behind buildings and stuff. Lol. Enjoy that wine :o

Ps. I sent out a few extra requests just for the fun of it. I wonder if the goal ends If we get 50 more! :confused:

SpiritWind00
04-26-16, 03:02 PM
Latest on Part 10 glitch... Keep checking the Bugs thread. I put the link next to the Part 10 goal info in post 2.

Morning all! It's not fixed, however, the glitch doesn't affect you being able to get Anthia. Here's the latest from Pika...

For these players, the only thing they are missing out on is completing this Goal and receiving 300 Coins and 10 XP. Their lvl 5 Cherry Hive and Anthia remains in their Kingdom.

If you're concerned about upgrading (and I'm in the same boat), wait. The goal is complete and you have the prize. The goal in your book will either stay till event is over or it may be removed when glitch fixed. I think I'm going to wait a little bit longer...

I'll post again as soon as there is any more news.

katbtodd
04-26-16, 03:19 PM
Awwww...ain't she cute! Thanks, dear. Now I have to find out how to post pics.

I took the snap shot in your kingdom ,so I hope you found her

robotparade
04-26-16, 03:19 PM
I am enjoying this quest but it's really energy intensive. I think this solves the question someone posed about what the next challenge would be now that there is the possibility of lots amounts of energy with the glimmer alis giving 40 energy a week: challenges will take a lot more energy now...

If this is the reason it's pretty unfair; it penalizes those of us who don't have 25 Alis.

katbtodd
04-26-16, 03:26 PM
This just showed up in my kingdom

1whitty
04-26-16, 03:34 PM
This just showed up in my kingdom

It popped up in mine too

aiyoosha
04-26-16, 03:48 PM
It popped up in mine too

me three

Nikospets
04-26-16, 03:59 PM
Latest on Part 10 glitch... Keep checking the Bugs thread. I put the link next to the Part 10 goal info in post 2.

I know that this has nothing to do with what you are talking about. I have been stuck on level 3 for days and can't seem to get any Gold Nuggets. I have done everything that the spoilers have said plus read all of the other comments and I still have only 1 Nugget. Can you tell me why I am having such a difficult time getting these? Thanks so much for your help!

rulerofjennyville
04-26-16, 04:17 PM
me three

Mine too. Though I won't get her if I don't get the sealing dust. :( Good thing I have several more days.

anne202b
04-26-16, 04:43 PM
I took the snap shot in your kingdom ,so I hope you found her

Thanks, Kat. Yes, I did find her. She was seeking around the animals. :)

76shasta
04-26-16, 04:49 PM
I am looking for friends. I play regularly and will give requests promptly. ID. 76shasta. Thanks

Lize07
04-26-16, 05:04 PM
What tree can I use to get cherry dust? I chopped 5 elm, 1 willow and 1 crab tree and got just 1 cherry dust.

snowyhillz
04-26-16, 05:08 PM
What tree can I use to get cherry dust? I chopped 5 elm, 1 willow and 1 crab tree and got just 1 cherry dust.

You need to chop lots of trees-- I have been planting crab apple trees, with the wood you get craft living wood in the potion shop

snowyhillz
04-26-16, 05:11 PM
I am looking for friends. I play regularly and will give requests promptly. ID. 76shasta. Thanks

Post in the add me thread http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89496-Castle-Story-April-2016 April addme and http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90992-Cherry-Hive-Event-add-me-thread-ONLY cherry hive addme

anne202b
04-26-16, 05:12 PM
Sorry to ask here but can someone post a link on how to post a screenshot? Thanks so much! :) Or PM me the directions. :)

Lize07
04-26-16, 05:15 PM
You need to chop lots of trees-- I have been planting crab apple trees, with the wood you get craft living wood in the potion shop
Thank you

Snowtiger333
04-26-16, 05:16 PM
...I feel that the goals are very VERY doable if you just put a little bit of time in them. And I mean a LITTLE bit..like 1-2 hours a day (in total, if you log in multiple times ofcourse) or so should be more than enough. A lot of players here on this forum are done or almost done and they all liked the event. I feel the only ones who are complaining are the ones who are maybe not trying hard enough (not trying to be mean or anything, just my opinion).

That ... OR .... the people who are struggling did not have a lot of resources built up before starting. This was a very resource draining questline.

I am going to finish (on step 10) but I also had a lot of resources before. I am also level 47. I am also able to log in a few times a day, although only briefly, but it does not take long to blow through 40 energy. If someone did not have one or more of those options (and/or is lower level), this may have been out of their reach and not from lack of trying.

For someone who is almost there but not quite, if you have the gems, maybe consider using them to skip a step that is causing you issues (only if you will finish, of course)?

With the amount of resources that I had to give, I am left wondering if my reward really is just a fairy floating in my kingdom. That level 5 cherry tree better drop some good stuff.

ktorewqas
04-26-16, 05:17 PM
We can open voting

Board Version

Goal Version

The goal version is more Manga Style, whereas the board version is more western style. Must still admit I am more in favor of the Manag style, which also better fir with the over game style.goal version and make the girl smaller :) she is HUGE lol

SpiritWind00
04-26-16, 05:34 PM
Sorry to ask here but can someone post a link on how to post a screenshot? Thanks so much! :) Or PM me the directions. :)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-How-to-use-the-Hub-to-find-information-and-ask-questions&p=1164567&viewfull=1#post1164567
Where else but the Hub Anne! It's in this post... :)

mikar8nge
04-26-16, 05:58 PM
I know that this has nothing to do with what you are talking about. I have been stuck on level 3 for days and can't seem to get any Gold Nuggets. I have done everything that the spoilers have said plus read all of the other comments and I still have only 1 Nugget. Can you tell me why I am having such a difficult time getting these? Thanks so much for your help!

I think you should give up. I planned to do that but somehow gave two of the five nuggets already. I've been stuck there for three days, buying rocks and chopping them. I should also give up and abandon the spent two; there's no way to finish from here.

As far as I can tell the gold items are just a very rare random drop. Very low probability drops over large player populations cause many long-tail big swings, well within the normal distribution. Some people will be flooded with them quickly, you and I have spent hundreds of energy and thousands of gold for none. That's ok if the drops aren't very important, but something like nuggets as a gate in a timed quest? Quest..ionable.

This line isn't possible for most players and feels very grindy == no fun. If I'd realised how high-level it was at the beginning I'd have ignored it. Nice art though.

DeeDeeBird70
04-26-16, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=ShibuyaCloth;1284884]We can open voting

Board Version

Goal Version

It's so obvious the two drawings were made by two different artists. The "ugly" one was probably designed for the animation. And she does move somewhat creepily, but so does Griselda. Biggest problem is the difference in the face. The one we've ended up with has crossed eyes and a hard look to her mouth and eyes. The dark stringy hair doesn't help either. I think we could be happy with her if the artists would just rework the face and lighten and thicken the hair.

freesiawoods
04-26-16, 06:00 PM
I don't have a whole lot of alicorns but I've been using my energy crates saved up and am now on the last stage. Hope it doesnt glitch on me!!! Thankfully the red and yellow acers have been good at yielding cherry dust every few chops, though it's a pain raising them. Was making living wood but it seems have enough, being maxed out at the beginning helped.

Weesses
04-26-16, 06:06 PM
HELP PLEASE!!!!
I finished all the levels got all the requests clicked on say hi to the faerie and then the game reloaded and now I'm back to zero sealing dust and no faerie walking around. I've resent requests but it's not registering anything. I've forced closed a couple times to no avail. Pleeeeeaaase help.

ghjvcucjb
04-26-16, 06:13 PM

Deforested my kingdom today and only 2 living wood. I'm only getting them from crafting them.ive been on this step for three days. Utterly ridiculous. There so little joy left in these events any more.

Really wish we would get back to the original storyline. It feels like it's been years since we stopped looking for the rightful heir

snowyhillz
04-26-16, 06:14 PM
HELP PLEASE!!!!
I finished all the levels got all the requests clicked on say hi to the faerie and then the game reloaded and now I'm back to zero sealing dust and no faerie walking around. I've resent requests but it's not registering anything. I've forced closed a couple times to no avail. Pleeeeeaaase help.
There is a bug with that which s8 is working on (there is a thread for it in the bugs section of the forums)..... The faerie does tend to hide behind things

CharmOfLea
04-26-16, 06:23 PM
We can open voting

Board Version

Goal Version

Hey, these are from my post, shi-buy-a-cloth-pumps-handbag-lipstick-whatnot. ;) And so my vote is crystal clear: please have mercy, I'm scared. Seriously now, every time that board version suddenly faces me, I'm startled. That look is disturbing.
I want sweet, happy, pretty Anthia back. Pretty please? :D

EvieandIzzie
04-26-16, 06:36 PM
Deforested my kingdom today and only 2 living wood. I'm only getting them from crafting them.ive been on this step for three days. Utterly ridiculous. There so little joy left in these events any more.

Really wish we would get back to the original storyline. It feels like it's been years since we stopped looking for the rightful heir
I totally agree with you. I think I have had 1 Living Wood drop from over 40 trees I have cut down. I really hate how during timed events like this S8 cut the drop rate for the items to "Near Never". It stinks and I have thought about why I have not enjoyed this event, unlike the storylines, it is having to do so many steps to complete a task eg. plant tree, water 5 times, cut down to get Wood and Sap, harvest White Petals, craft Living Wood at Potion Shop, repeat 40 times, use energy use energy. It is not fun or challenging really and follows the game mechanics of 3 S8 games I started then dropped, Farm Story 2, Bakery Story 2 and Restaurant Story 2. I will keep trying until the end and then go on with completing the two storylines I still have. After that I will re-evaluate whether I still enjoy this game, which is its purpose, or drop it like the other games.

aiyoosha
04-26-16, 06:55 PM
I totally agree with you. I think I have had 1 Living Wood drop from over 40 trees I have cut down. I really hate how during timed events like this S8 cut the drop rate for the items to "Near Never". It stinks and I have thought about why I have not enjoyed this event, unlike the storylines, it is having to do so many steps to complete a task eg. plant tree, water 5 times, cut down to get Wood and Sap, harvest White Petals, craft Living Wood at Potion Shop, repeat 40 times, use energy use energy. It is not fun or challenging really and follows the game mechanics of 3 S8 games I started then dropped, Farm Story 2, Bakery Story 2 and Restaurant Story 2. I will keep trying until the end and then go on with completing the two storylines I still have. After that I will re-evaluate whether I still enjoy this game, which is its purpose, or drop it like the other games.

im with u, its not fun and its very energy consuming espeshly since we only get 40 energy and it takes hours for it to reload. people say just make the masks okay but do you know how many flowers i have to pick not to mention all the living essence i have to gather from animals the mushrooms i have to water too and the cherry dust i have to get from chopping trees endlessly, not to mention all the watering i have to do to make more n more trees. i cant even collect from my buildings cuz i never have enough energy for it, i havent made a cent day since this quest started.

its easy sure i just need endless energy so i can do all the things then itll be enjoyable.

yummy_bistro
04-26-16, 07:02 PM
I went ahead to make the cherry potion and totally forgot it requires living wood to upgrade hive to lv 4.

Now am crafting living wood, I had 99 before I start this game lol
After chopping all kinds of tree and got none -_-

mina_32
04-26-16, 07:07 PM
Lovely that the trees have all decided to rarely drop living wood just as this event started �� (if you can't see the emoji, I'm rolling my eyes).

The tree itself is cute, though.

coolssp
04-26-16, 07:09 PM
Hey has the requirements for upgrading to level 5 changed? 25 minutes ago it was showing 50 sealant dust but now 40 wood... Bizarre!!!

Cljk04
04-26-16, 07:09 PM
They hopefully fixed the glitch.

I'm on part 10. Only have 23/50 sealing dust for the goal. But to upgrade to level 5 it is asking for 40 wood instead of 50 sealing dust. So my hive is updated to level 5. Ugly faerie is flying around. But still need the rest of my sealing dust to finish part 10 to see if everything stays. Fingers crossed.

Sorry I didn't think to get a screenshot before updating the cherry hive tree.

hagypagy
04-26-16, 07:15 PM
Seems they fixed the glitch in goal 10!! I noticed they've replaced the cherry hive level 5 upgrade from the 50 sealing dust to 40 wood ... This would mean the upgrade won't use the sealing dust and hence won't reset that part of the goal!!! =D

A lot of complaining here on the forum for what has been a great quest!! Despite first appearances the goals are totally achievable well within the timeframe!

Love the cherry hive!! It will definately stay out of storage =D

Agree the Anthia animation needs a bit of fixing ... The two behind views of her have been mixed up (causing her to fly around backwards and "drunk") they need to swap these around.
Her cross eyed stare is off putting... No other character is staring us down ... Just have her looking where she is flying! Put a smile on her. The hair should be more cherry coloured too. And she is large, a tiny bit smaller would give her more of a fairy appearance. These slight changes might save having to completely rework her.

The goal version is definately a lot better if a complete reworking is going to happen.

Thanks to all the players who speed ahead to show us what was to come!

And a big thanks to Spiritwind for all the amazing work you consistently do!! You are amazing!!! It's much appreciated by all =D x

SpiritWind00
04-26-16, 07:48 PM
Goal change to Part 10....

The requirements for the goal have changed. Sealing dust request has been removed and replaced with 40 wood.

I will update post 2 and the bugs thread now.

I have also passed on feedback about her appearance as well :)

Oh, and I'll close the ADD ME thread given it's now redundant. If you're still in need of neighbours, the normal monthly thread will always be open.

Weesses
04-26-16, 07:56 PM
There is a bug with that which s8 is working on (there is a thread for it in the bugs section of the forums)..... The faerie does tend to hide behind things

Thank you!

Weesses
04-26-16, 08:09 PM
I just checked my goals section. It's still stuck on sealing dust. I was able earlier to upgrade my tree to level 5 but then everything reloaded right after I clicked on say hi to the faerie and went back to asking for sealing dust

SpiritWind00
04-26-16, 08:12 PM
I just checked my goals section. It's still stuck on sealing dust. I was able earlier to upgrade my tree to level 5 but then everything reloaded right after I clicked on say hi to the faerie and went back to asking for sealing dust

just ignore the screen. It will go away and the end of the event. :)

Weesses
04-26-16, 08:25 PM
I'd love to but the faerie is nowhere to be seen in my kingdom. Isn't she supposed to be roaming around with the others?

sophiensissi
04-26-16, 08:26 PM
Did anyone answer the question of the potions and dust are still available after you upgrade to level 5? I like to save up extra stuff because I'm a game hoarder. ��

SpiritWind00
04-26-16, 08:29 PM
I'd love to but the faerie is nowhere to be seen in my kingdom. Isn't she supposed to be roaming around with the others?
She is hard to see. If you put your game into edit mode, she is easier to spot! :)

Did anyone answer the question of the potions and dust are still available after you upgrade to level 5? I like to save up extra stuff because I'm a game hoarder. ��
They are gone! :) you'll need to get your souvenirs before you do the final upgrade....

04-26-16, 08:48 PM
I am really starting to lose it with the gold nuggets thing. I am one stinkin gold nugget away from bribing that Baron out of my kingdom, but 5 days now. 5. DAYS. And not ONE nugget anywhere. I have smashed everything I can and collected from my mines like a mad man. NOTHING.

riverly
04-26-16, 08:51 PM
I also have been paying closer attention to the drop rates especially living wood and jewels. Something has definitely changed. living wood from chopping trees and jewels from the mines are way way low. What's up with that? All I'm doing now is replenishing my stock but I feel for the players who desperately need them. Somethings not right. Let's play fair okay???

riverly
04-26-16, 09:03 PM
Also. Don't understand this "fix". Do we still need to complete the neighbor request goal?? Does it serve any purpose to get all that is needed? Kinda disappointed in how this is turning out.

freesiawoods
04-26-16, 09:07 PM
I am really starting to lose it with the gold nuggets thing. I am one stinkin gold nugget away from bribing that Baron out of my kingdom, but 5 days now. 5. DAYS. And not ONE nugget anywhere. I have smashed everything I can and collected from my mines like a mad man. NOTHING.

Wow that's tough. There needs to be a way to craft those nuggets if they keep popping up as goal requirements. Or there should be a building that drops them regularly, even if it costs gems.

riverly
04-26-16, 09:14 PM
There has been much protest in the past about making rare gold drops part of times goals. Also neighbor requests too because of having to depend on other players responses plus having to wait 3 days because of the limit you can get in one day.

I'll stop now. I hate reading about the frustration that other people are having, but to try to end on a positive note there still is 6 more days. Good luck!!

kdmusgrove
04-26-16, 09:27 PM

I upgraded mine to level five and I still have the option to craft all the cherry stuff...

kdmusgrove
04-26-16, 09:35 PM
We can open voting

Board Version

Goal Version

Goal version all the way. Board version has so many problems. Cross eyed, stringy hair, wings almost invisible, poor excuse for a dress looks like her legs are stuck in a red tube... Disappointing.

tuffyjkitten
04-26-16, 09:55 PM
I wasnt even doing this event until my mines decided to miraculously drop 3 gold nuggets yesterday. Now I can pay the baron and still have 2 nuggets left. So I'm now doing the goal as of this morning. On step 4....may finish or may not, but the tree is pretty and the faerie isn't, so it's all good! And I got a castle full of new neighbors who are regular players!

PrincessCupOButter
04-26-16, 10:04 PM
I also have been paying closer attention to the drop rates especially living wood and jewels. Something has definitely changed. living wood from chopping trees and jewels from the mines are way way low. What's up with that? All I'm doing now is replenishing my stock but I feel for the players who desperately need them. Somethings not right. Let's play fair okay???

Agreed. I realize that part of it is perception. 'A watched pot never boils' yada yada....but it is just like the hunting seasons. During seasons I can burn through 40 plus energy without spawning one monster. For this quest, I had to park a troll just to be able to use more than 3 energy without one appearing.

I'm so tired of EVERY quest requiring living wood....during quests, the only certain drop is the living trees. Between quests, it seems to drop from everywhere! And for this event, the jewelers stopped carrying jewels! Who ever heard of jewelers with no jewels?!
I'm restocking now too, but I also feel for those who didn't start out with a good supply of living wood, sap, jewels, white petals and gold nuggets.

Here are my tips for those who are low on gold nuggets during events....(for what it's worth, which is probably not much. Lol)
Try to collect them between events when they drop rate 'appears' to be more generous and never ignore the mines. I collect from the four mines every chance I get. Even when I'm maxed on stone, coal, ore, etc. I might only get one nugget per week, but they eventually add up! And never do the golden trade, unless you are almost maxed on gold items. The few gems just aren't worth it considering the gem cost of purchasing gold nuggets during events. Also, hold off on using gold nuggets on untimed goals until accumulating at least 5-10 MORE than the goal requires. I kept the barons obelisk, (or whatever task it was that required crafting a gold bar), quest for months until I gathered extra nuggets so I wouldn't be caught with zero.
I realize this may not be helpful for this quest, but it may help in future quests, since it appears gold nuggets will ALWAYS be required in timed quests.

rosym47
04-26-16, 10:48 PM
I do not like the fairy after all that work she is very strange looking, not what I expected.

eastie41
04-26-16, 11:07 PM
I have just welcomed Anthia to my Queendom. Ater checking Wikipedia, I discovered that Anthia is a genus of the ground beetle family, the Carabidae. Species of Anthia can spray a jet of formic acid up to 30 centimetres (12 in), which if not treated, can cause blindness in cats and chickens.
Formic Acid (HCO2H), is a colorless, fuming liquid with a pungent odor; it irritates the mucous membranes and blisters the skin.

Holy cats and chickens! I better put my precious little animals into the Knights Hall!

And, I cast my vote for the Goal Version of our new Faerie AND please, please a name change! :cool:

Thanks to all my wonderful neighbors for their rapid response for the sealing dust! :D

55lee55
04-27-16, 12:10 AM
Goal version all the way. Board version has so many problems. Cross eyed, stringy hair, wings almost invisible, poor excuse for a dress looks like her legs are stuck in a red tube... Disappointing.

I agree. The board version is extremely disappointing. I am for the Goal Version.

Hardrada
04-27-16, 12:12 AM
Just to clarify: Should I stop requesting sealing dust, even though my progress bar still asks for it?
Is the change just that Sealing Dust isn't needed for the upgrade--or is it not needed, at all? Thanks!

kasumi2012
04-27-16, 12:16 AM
It's so gloomy. No happiness, and the bottom of the body, it's so creepy. Wth is happening in her life?

http://i.imgur.com/9hrzST4.jpg

katbtodd
04-27-16, 12:45 AM
Don't know if they fix it..but this time when I collected 50 sealing dust from neighbors ..every thing worked right , it's out of my book now

katbtodd
04-27-16, 12:46 AM
Just to clarify: Should I stop requesting sealing dust, even though my progress bar still asks for it?
Is the change just that Sealing Dust isn't needed for the upgrade--or is it not needed, at all? Thanks!

I collected the second time and when I reach my 50 I did it again and it worked..really no harm in asking again ,

Hardrada
04-27-16, 12:53 AM
Thanks! I just didn't want to irritate anyone asking for unnecessary items. But, if it's at all ambiguous, I agree, better to ask for the Sealing dust. :)

Friday_1
04-27-16, 01:17 AM
I'm getting very tired of participating in events that are costly, time consuming, and impossible to achieve. I've deforested my kingdom for nothing. I chop down who pole trees and don't always get even a single fairy energy. I've planted 25 mushroom rings and might get one energy. This is absurd. I'm very disappointed.

katbtodd
04-27-16, 01:37 AM
Spirt ,should we make a voting thread , or is this us hoping they will changer the cherry faerie ...

SpiritWind00
04-27-16, 01:45 AM
Spirit ,should we make a voting thread , or is this us hoping they will changer the cherry faerie ...

I sent through the pic from ShibuyaCloth with some feedback about how we like the goal faerie picture much better. ;)

You can start a voting thread for fun if you would like to! Creating a poll is quite easy to do... (Not sure whether you have the ability to create a poll?), but if you do, go for it! As long as questions are not asked about the goal, but I could move any posts back here if necessary.

dragoniakingdom
04-27-16, 01:47 AM
Thanks! I just didn't want to irritate anyone asking for unnecessary items. But, if it's at all ambiguous, I agree, better to ask for the Sealing dust. :)

I am sending requests again also,just to be on the safe side.

Handy Tip when dealing with fairies: "Beauty Sleep has a reverse effect on fairies":rolleyes:

Sandybellee
04-27-16, 02:09 AM
I collected the second time and when I reach my 50 I did it again and it worked..really no harm in asking again ,

Good to know! Thanks for sharing. I will ask those whose requests I get to to get the last few I need to get rid of the goal and the crafts.

Sandybellee
04-27-16, 02:31 AM
I don't really mind either way which Anthia we have. But I just saw Lila for the first time this morning all drawn out - I wish we could have her with her white hair and cute little pigtails!

rulerofjennyville
04-27-16, 03:32 AM
I may get this done after all. I've got 7 more sealing dusts to go and as far as materials I need 11 more cherry essence. The last time I had a challenge this hard it was for that table that gave meals. But at least the prize seems worth it - I wouldn't mind more contests with the prize being characters walking around in my city.

booboogeo
04-27-16, 03:34 AM
This is an almost impossible task Unless you want to purchase gems and use them to progress and get the fairy, feeling very upset and frustrated with the game, think I'll call it a day playing

rulerofjennyville
04-27-16, 04:14 AM
This is an almost impossible task Unless you want to purchase gems and use them to progress and get the fairy, feeling very upset and frustrated with the game, think I'll call it a day playing

I just clicked 50 requests for sealing dusts to send them to others and I only have 42 of my own filled. I don't like the ones where you're dependent on neighbors. There's nothing you can do if they don't respond. Stop doing those quests.

nortonmalc
04-27-16, 04:14 AM

I'm finishing this goal today, 6 days early, without using any gems.

Snowtiger333
04-27-16, 04:23 AM
I just clicked 50 requests for sealing dusts to send them to others and I only have 42 of my own filled. I don't like the ones where you're dependent on neighbors. There's nothing you can do if they don't respond. Stop doing those quests.

You can only receive 20 per day. Sometimes you will get 21 bc of stormie.

azriX2012
04-27-16, 04:26 AM
I'm ready to upgrade the Hive to lvl5 but it seems there's a glitch? I haven't read the previous 66 pages yet. Should I wait?

rulerofjennyville
04-27-16, 05:16 AM
You can only receive 20 per day. Sometimes you will get 21 bc of stormie.

I still don't like them. They make you dependent on others. And that slows you up in a timed game.

rulerofjennyville
04-27-16, 05:25 AM
I'm ready to upgrade the Hive to lvl5 but it seems there's a glitch? I haven't read the previous 66 pages yet. Should I wait?

It looks to me like I'll get there tomorrow. I was wondering the same thing. Though from what I'm reading you can go ahead and finish in spite of the glitch - you'll get the faerie.

katbtodd
04-27-16, 05:29 AM
I level up,with the glitch ... I got my level 5 cherry hive and my faerie ...

ktorewqas
04-27-16, 05:29 AM
The task is done (2nd time) this morning and it did not come back :D so if you see it 2nd time, just keep asking the dusts.

moizad
04-27-16, 05:30 AM
We can open voting

Board Version

Goal Version

Goal Version for me too !!!!!!! :D:D:D
She looks happy and is so cute !

katbtodd
04-27-16, 05:32 AM
I sent through the pic from ShibuyaCloth with some feedback about how we like the goal faerie picture much better. ;)

You can start a voting thread for fun if you would like to! Creating a poll is quite easy to do... (Not sure whether you have the ability to create a poll?), but if you do, go for it! As long as questions are not asked about the goal, but I could move any posts back here if necessary.

I could ,, or some body could but it would be like yours .

twinkletoes12348
04-27-16, 05:35 AM
Cripes! The board version of Anthia is kind of hideous. She creeps me out with her weird crossed eyes! :D

katbtodd
04-27-16, 05:42 AM

I started one the only way I knew how .if some body can do better please do ,,

SpiritWind00
04-27-16, 05:45 AM
I started one the only way I knew how .if some body can do better please do ,,

It's perfect! (I'll see if I can add some voting buttons for you):)

PrincessCelestian
04-27-16, 05:50 AM
All that work on sealing dust for nada. Beautiful. Thanks S8.

dmpro
04-27-16, 05:51 AM
I know I may be in the minority, but I really enjoy the neighbor requests! They really give a community feel to the game and make me realize what great neighbors I have. I actually thought that this was one of the easier steps to this challenge! Much better than collecting endlessly from mushrooms!

storiadelcastello
04-27-16, 05:51 AM
Cripes! The board version of Anthia is kind of hideous. She creeps me out with her weird crossed eyes! :D

She also doesn't flitter like a fairy should but hovers like a ghostly apparition �� Gliding sideways and backwards and through the other characters. Maybe all that dissapearing sealing dust landed on goal Anthias head and all we are left with is her ghost ��

riverly
04-27-16, 05:58 AM
I know I may be in the minority, but I really enjoy the neighbor requests! They really give a community feel to the game and make me realize what great neighbors I have. I actually thought that this was one of the easier steps to this challenge! Much better than collecting endlessly from mushrooms!i agree. I can look back and see neighbors that I have had since the beginning. Those that have been there to help out on every quest.

meme1098
04-27-16, 06:00 AM
I just watched her gliding around & when Thurston started to approach her, he turned around to avoid her...lol.
This is not obviously the same sweet faerie we were conversing with if the other characters are starting to avoid her completely. ;)

my2place
04-27-16, 06:13 AM
I know I may be in the minority, but I really enjoy the neighbor requests! They really give a community feel to the game and make me realize what great neighbors I have. I actually thought that this was one of the easier steps to this challenge! Much better than collecting endlessly from mushrooms!

I agree! I know things can get stressful if the timing is too tight, but I also enjoy a little more interaction with my neighbors :)

And yay - so happy to now have Anthia flying around and the level 5 Cherry Hive! As of this morning I still needed a couple more neighbor requests which got filled within 30 minutes of my sending out (I have great neighbors!) and when I noticed that the hive upgrade changed to needing wood instead of the sealing dust, I thought that all would be OK and took the plunge!

Nikospets
04-27-16, 06:22 AM

I am having the same problem I have smashed everything I can for days and I still have only 2 gold nuggets! Have not received 1 of them from my worthless mines or the exchange! I'm getting to the point where I don't want to play these timed events as they are too time consuming and frustrating. This is not fun anymore!!!

Jennerwein1
04-27-16, 06:40 AM
Out of 40 mushroom collections I got 1 ( that is ONE) drop. Really? At the same time I have a sale packet for energy. Hmmm.

UnkelFester
04-27-16, 06:50 AM
Right, I've just upgraded the Cherry Hive to Level 5 and have now got the hideous cross-eyed Anthia hovering around my Kingdom.

I have only got 24 Sealing Dust so far, my 42 neighbours seem very reluctant to send me any, and only one has asked for Sealing Dust from me so far. I still have the "A very faerie situation part X" in my goal book waiting for the rest of the Sealing Dust.

What happens if I don't bother to get the outstanding Sealing Dusts before the quest expires? Do I then lose the Cherry Hive and Anthia?

BTW: I just received a Gold Nugget from the Lucky Workshop, so that is another source of those elusive nuggets for anyone stuck wanting some to pay off The Baron.

katbtodd
04-27-16, 06:52 AM
It's perfect! (I'll see if I can add some voting buttons for you):)

Is there a way to which the pictures is A is first , thank you

azriX2012
04-27-16, 06:54 AM
What happens if I don't bother to get the outstanding Sealing Dusts before the quest expires? Do I then lose the Cherry Hive and Anthia?

This is exactly what I want to know before upgrading my Hive to lvl5.

jadefern34
04-27-16, 07:37 AM
I am currently on Part 10 and the task of requesting for 50 sealing dust from neighbours is still required. Only the requirement for the dust to upgrade the cherry hive to level 5 has been changed to having 40 wood. Hive has been upgraded and Anthia is floating around my kingdom but the quest is still shown as pending because I still need 10 sealing dust from my neighbours!???!!

CharmOfLea
04-27-16, 07:57 AM

I absolutely love those as well. 20 answers fly in usually in way less than half an hour, and that's no matter if it's day or night. Some neighbors have been doing this since my game was a baby. Fantastic people. :)

azriX2012
04-27-16, 08:11 AM
I absolutely love those as well. 20 answers fly in usually in way less than half an hour, and that's no matter if it's day or night. Some neighbors have been doing this since my game was a baby. Fantastic people. :)

I totally agree. I have fantastic neighbors and some of them have been helping me since I started playing four years ago :-)

ktorewqas
04-27-16, 08:16 AM
I am currently on Part 10 and the task of requesting for 50 sealing dust from neighbours is still required. Only the requirement for the dust to upgrade the cherry hive to level 5 has been changed to having 40 wood. Hive has been upgraded and Anthia is floating around my kingdom but the quest is still shown as pending because I still need 10 sealing dust from my neighbours!???!!I think this way, the task will not be back 2nd time. Before change, we used 50 dusts to upgrade the hive. Now, the ducts will not be used so the task should be gone.

jadefern34
04-27-16, 08:43 AM
I'm just afraid the hive and Anthia will disappear after the end of the quest because I have not completed the task of requesting for the dust. I wish I could post a pic of my task list to show you what I mean

coolssp
04-27-16, 08:44 AM
Hey doesn't the extra dust not show in the inventory? I'm sure more than 50 neighbors have responded in 3 days but I can't find it. I love having extras and so I've made more than required potions and have at least couple of essence. I've haven't upgraded my hive yet to level 5 to ensure I can 'hoard' :)

sunnygirl634
04-27-16, 09:03 AM
Hey doesn't the extra dust not show in the inventory? I'm sure more than 50 neighbors have responded in 3 days but I can't find it. I love having extras and so I've made more than required potions and have at least couple of essence. I've haven't upgraded my hive yet to level 5 to ensure I can 'hoard' :)

I had 65 dust in my inventory and did not need to use any because I waited to upgrade to Level 5 until after the glitch was fixed. Now I can't find the dust at all. I'm afraid they removed the dust from our inventory. Anyone have it in there after they finished the quest? I'm bummed. Always like to have extras. And yes, I've gone over the inventory very slowly. It's not in there.

sweerfarmer
04-27-16, 09:20 AM
Same here , no seeling dust in my inventory too��

KingSJ53
04-27-16, 09:36 AM
I cleared 11 Red Acer trees and got all the drops I needed.

ClaireEdwolf
04-27-16, 09:39 AM
With the amount of resources that I had to give, I am left wondering if my reward really is just a fairy floating in my kingdom. That level 5 cherry tree better drop some good stuff.

I agree wholeheartedly! The prizes are all pretty (except for cross-eyed Anthia of course...) but better drop something useful. I'm in hope that S8 will consider making the lv.5 cherry hive drop something more useful after the event ends, other than 1 wood and 1 sap. :p

Sheeba8188
04-27-16, 09:42 AM
Almost finished just waiting on the cherry jewels (or whatever they are called) to finish crafting then super cherry potion and jobs a good un. I did notice tho i don't know if anyone else has noticed this or made the connection but if you squint your eyes the cherry essence looks kinda a flamingo! maybe too many mushrooms for me lol

Sandybellee
04-27-16, 10:00 AM
This was another really fun quest! And so great that we got another character! I've been very very happy with this game recently. :)

Anaboe
04-27-16, 10:15 AM
Almost finished, Tomorrow I get the last 6 Sealing Dust from my neighbors, already have 44 in 2 days, without spending requests the second day :)

I have souvenirs, Cherry Dust, Cherry Essence, Living Essence, Feary Food, Mermaid Tears, Cherry Growth Potion, Cherry Chrystal, Scrying Dish and Waking Charm. A Super Cherry Potion as souvenir was just too much, it would have cost me too much time to collect the Living wood, Cherry Dust, Jewels. Am wondering if anyone has managed to get everything as souvenir, without spending gems :)

cyndora
04-27-16, 10:19 AM
the tree, or "hive?" , at level 5 , has been dropping resources for me, wood, sap i think , and i forget about living wood...? but it does drop stuff, plus it is very nice to look at.

stargaze91
04-27-16, 10:21 AM
I find the way Anthia 'floats' across the kingdom to be a little odd..when she faces the screen she seems to be floating fine , but when her head is turned away ,she seems to fluttering sideways.. I don't know about flying but I'm pretty sure that walking sideways would be silly , the other characters seem to be walking around fine

sunnygirl634
04-27-16, 11:04 AM
Almost finished, Tomorrow I get the last 6 Sealing Dust from my neighbors, already have 44 in 2 days, without spending requests the second day :)

I have souvenirs, Cherry Dust, Cherry Essence, Living Essence, Feary Food, Mermaid Tears, Cherry Growth Potion, Cherry Chrystal, Scrying Dish and Waking Charm. A Super Cherry Potion as souvenir was just too much, it would have cost me too much time to collect the Living wood, Cherry Dust, Jewels. Am wondering if anyone has managed to get everything as souvenir, without spending gems :)

I do have at least one of everything (well until the sealing dust from neighbors disappeared from my inventory) and I didn't use gems.

aiyoosha
04-27-16, 11:11 AM
for those of u who r so easily sliding through these tasks without any gems or buying anything, how do you get so much of all the ingredients to make the potions we need.?? 1 potion alone needs 3 of another potion and then you have to get more stuff for the other potion then you have to make those into 1 potion? how do you get all the energy to pick so much mushrooms, chop trees and get living wood, jewels?

im struggling hard to even make 2 of 3 potions and i need extra stuff for after all those potions. i would love to know all the secrets that you guys know. i already wait for my energy i watch vids i visit neighbors for it then my energy is depleted and i have to wait again to pick mushrooms an chop trees and plant trees. and i even gift living wood and i get maybe 3 or 4 from neighbors.

PrincessCupOButter
04-27-16, 11:48 AM
for those of u who r so easily sliding through these tasks without any gems or buying anything, how do you get so much of all the ingredients to make the potions we need.?? 1 potion alone needs 3 of another potion and then you have to get more stuff for the other potion then you have to make those into 1 potion? how do you get all the energy to pick so much mushrooms, chop trees and get living wood, jewels?

im struggling hard to even make 2 of 3 potions and i need extra stuff for after all those potions. i would love to know all the secrets that you guys know. i already wait for my energy i watch vids i visit neighbors for it then my energy is depleted and i have to wait again to pick mushrooms an chop trees and plant trees. and i even gift living wood and i get maybe 3 or 4 from neighbors.

I suspect that most of the players who appeared to have 'easily' slid through the tasks are level 50, or close to it, and have been playing for several years. Longer term players often have more inventory at the start of these events.

I don't have any secrets, but I have been playing for 2 years now and have been level 50 for quite a while. I have 2 level 5 wizard schools and those supply 10 energy each every 5 hours or so. Plus, I was fortunate enough to have 90 troll tokens at the beginning of the last monster hunt, so I had not yet gotten the cooking camp, and was able to put that on hold and get the mythic research center and craft glimmer Alis instead.
Make use of the greenhouse! During down time, make vital extract and floral glow. Faerie elixir gives 20 energy and takes 2 minutes to craft. (Collecting mermaid tears replenished the water required quickly)
Send those knights out! They usually return with energy and needed supplies, plus the occasional gem or two.
Do lots of milk and dairy trades. Cows and chickens drop living essence and the trade drops food needed for feasts.

I learned a lot about strategy from reading these forums. For example, I rarely let any inventory go below 50, and prefer to keep it at least 70. This means that during regular, non-timed events, I collect until I am maxed before making things that use a large amount of any material. (Such as Faerie sap!) It slows me down for core story quests, but I'm usually in good shape when we get a timed event.

Also SW shared a tip on using the quick collect method to get a better drop rate. It seems odd, but that really does seem to work. Wait until you have several energy and collect for only one source at a time (ex. All mushrooms) then quick collect) I also completely ignore coin only buildings most of the time. Especially during timed events when energy is desperately needed elsewhere.
And last but not least, I do not clear on Thursdays until I know if there will be an update, likewise, I also don't start crafting any lengthy crafts or use a bunch of any hard to get materials. That way, I'm usually ready to go as soon as the update goes live.

This isn't the best or only way to play, but it's what I find works best for me.

This event wasn't easy to me. It wiped me out of living wood, sap and jewels. And I ended up using 7 gems. (3 to speed up ivy's hut because I needed to be away from the game) and I lost 4 to gem traps. Accidentally sped up a mushroom and a mine. :(
Now I am re-stocking and getting ready for whatever's next.

Oh, and my souvenir sealing dust is gone too. Before reading about it here I thought I was losing it and kept searching inventory! I suspect the imposter Anthia hid it. :p

Sheeba8188
04-27-16, 11:50 AM
What I did was wait until energy is almost full high 30s then use it to collect one resource either mushrooms or trees I found that using large amounts of energy on the same resource increases the drops I might get 7 cherry essence from collecting 40 mushroom circles for example in one go rather than singular energy here and there etc

joelynjellybean
04-27-16, 11:53 AM

Hey Neighbor. Well I wouldn't say easily sliding through but it didn't seem like it was as crazy as some of the other challenges we've had. I have 1 alicorn, 1 wizard school, 1 pink alicorn, 1 wedding alicorn, and 1 glimmer alicorn. I also have Rouncey and Destrier or whatever the other horses name is that gives 40 energy once a week. I collected from all of those when I could and I was shocked when the pink alicorn gave me 100 energy one time. I've only ever had that happen once before so that was a happy accident. I also make sure to visit enough neighbors everyday to get my 10 extra energy from that and I watch videos to earn 5 extra energy. I did a couple of the energy trades (for 10 and 15 energy but I don't remember their names) because I was maxed out on their requirements anyway. And I have some energy crates saved up from monster hunts that I haven't been using for anything. Other than that it was just waiting for it to reload and logging on every 2-3 hours when I could so I didn't waste any energy being maxed out. That's the energy.

As far as gameplay, I didn't do anything not required for the tasks except collect from Beastbane once a day and occasionally craft something to use up wood or stone. I've wasted thousands of mushrooms getting the essence but it was too hard to get living wood to use them up for anything but the necessities. I think the biggest thing was to only check in every couple of hours and be patient for the energy to reload. It seemed like I got better drop rates when I did a bunch of things at once instead of just 1 or 2 at a time. And I'm ending up with at least once of everything as a souvenir and I didn't spend any gems or buy any packs. I haven't upgraded to level 5 yet because I might want to hoard a few more souvenirs before the week is up.

Not that there is a right or wrong way to play but maybe that will help some.

amerirish
04-27-16, 12:03 PM

I finished yesterday; my only 'trick' was constant attention and laser-focus on what I needed to collect. I ignored pretty much everything else and went after one item at a time (chopping trees, collecting from animals, collecting from mushrooms, etc.) until eventually I had everything I needed. To be honest, it was more of a chore/pain in the butt than it was playing a game but I'm crazy retentive like that :(

Sandybellee
04-27-16, 12:05 PM

Well, I wouldn't call it easy. It was challenging but fun. The key was definitely energy. I couldn't have done it nearly so fast without alicorns, wizarding school, lots of energy trades at the exchange, energy from lucky trades, constant questing which usually returns some energy and using a few energy crates that I hoarded during earlier monster hunts. Also being maxed on key resources like living wood when the challenge started was very important.

sunnygirl634
04-27-16, 12:11 PM

I've been playing for nearly 3 years and am maxed on just about everything. While I did not use gems for this specific quest, I did use gem items, particularly the Living Tree (I have 5) and alicorns to help with that. Like others said, for 5 days I focused solely on these tasks chopping trees and trying to get essence from mushrooms. I have five Level 5 Jewelers to help with collecting jewels. Overall, I have multiple buildings and resources are somewhat easily restocked. I also use the Faerie Elixir trade in the Greenhouse quite often for extra energy along with the energy trades in the Royal Exchange. I'm not sure where you are in the game, but don't worry, you'll get to a point as well where quests are not as challenging.

riverly
04-27-16, 12:18 PM
Well it was fun while it lasted. Lol

Snackycakes25
04-27-16, 12:19 PM
Kooky,

You mentioned the Sealing Dust goal has been removed, but my goal still shows "Ask Neighbors for Sealing Dust". I'm on IOS and the latest version of the game. It looks like some others are seeing the same. Can you advise?

ShibuyaCloth
04-27-16, 12:23 PM
To pep things up, I always go for an extra. So I have at least 1 of each element as memorial in my inventory.

snowyhillz
04-27-16, 01:11 PM
Kooky,

You mentioned the Sealing Dust goal has been removed, but my goal still shows "Ask Neighbors for Sealing Dust". I'm on IOS and the latest version of the game. It looks like some others are seeing the same. Can you advise?
The sealing dust has been removed from upgrading the hive, you now use wood so you still have the dust to finish the goal ... What was causing a problem was using the dust to upgrade the hive then not having it to finish the goal

snowflake1919
04-27-16, 01:12 PM
Kooky,

Same here. Goal still intact.
Only the Level 5 requirements changed.

Sheeba8188
04-27-16, 01:42 PM
The sealing dust has been removed from upgrading the hive, you now use wood so you still have the dust to finish the goal ... What was causing a problem was using the dust to upgrade the hive then not having it to finish the goal

Yea or it would be the white petals scenario all over again

janddolphins
04-27-16, 01:48 PM
Boo the hoarder in me realizes I can't collect 99 cherry dust or living essence as postgrad need to be given in the last step.

I've been ready to go since yesterday but holding off since yesterday and hoarding what I can to get as many extras as posiible :)

An event that did not take all my time and I finished days early is what I call a success. I just feel sorry others are having difficulty and I'll give it another day or two to fix bug before I finish for real.

snowyhillz
04-27-16, 02:10 PM
give it another day or two to fix bug before I finish for real.

The bug has been fixed... You need wood to upgrade the hive now

stmarymead
04-27-16, 02:22 PM
A quick question: can I finish the cherry tree and decide NOT to get Anthia? I don't think I like her, not necessarily because she's cross-eyed but because the art style deviates from other characters, I feel... Or if there's a way for us to put her into the inventory like other items, that'd be nice, too.

unixdude
04-27-16, 02:30 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before ... I tried searching using the term "pigs", but there were still too many "hits" and I was not able to find the answer. After reading this thread for over 30 minutes, I still am confused if I have to spend 120,000 coin to buy 10 pigs and raise them (10 times each, therefore spending 100 energy and at least 10 hours of time) to meet the "Raise 10 Pigs" goal for step 6?

snowyhillz
04-27-16, 02:34 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before ... I tried searching using the term "pigs", but there were still too many "hits" and I was not able to find the answer. After reading this thread for over 30 minutes, I still am confused if I have to spend 120,000 coin to buy 10 pigs and raise them (10 times each, therefore spending 100 energy and at least 10 hours of time) to meet the "Raise 10 Pigs" goal for step 6?
yes. (it is 12 feeds to raise them btw) also you can do most of the raising before you get to that goal if you are not there yet

Snackycakes25
04-27-16, 02:35 PM

Thanks for clarifying. It was confusing because on the first page, it states the "goal" was removed and replaced with wood. Thanks again!

snowyhillz
04-27-16, 02:39 PM
Thanks for clarifying. It was confusing because on the first page, it states the "goal" was removed and replaced with wood. Thanks again!

That refers to goal 10 not the pigs

unixdude
04-27-16, 02:40 PM
yes. (it is 12 feeds to raise them btw) also you can do most of the raising before you get to that goal if you are not there yet

Thank you for the quick response.

Does this mean I must buy 10 baby pigs? I'm currently stuck at step 6. I already have "Sir Pigglesworth", 6 black adult pigs and 2 pink adult pigs. I also don't have enough coins available to buy all 10 black pigs now. It also looks like I will not have enough time to complete the challenge if I loose several days on these pigs. That is the dilemma I'm in.

Snackycakes25
04-27-16, 02:41 PM
That refers to goal 10 not the pigs

I didn't ask about the pigs. I asked about the sealing dust.

snowyhillz
04-27-16, 02:46 PM
Spiritwind, in post #2 the goal still is to ask neighbours for the sealing dust.... It is for upgrading the hive that the sealing dust has been REPLACED with wood

SpiritWind00
04-27-16, 02:47 PM
Thank you for the quick response.

Does this mean I must buy 10 baby pigs? I'm currently stuck at step 6. I already have "Sir Pigglesworth", 6 black adult pigs and 2 pink adult pigs. I also don't have enough coins available to buy all 10 black pigs now. It also looks like I will not have enough time to complete the challenge if I loose several days on these pigs. That is the dilemma I'm in.

Do you have any baby pigs on your board or in storage? If yes you can raise them. The first post has the raising requirements for gem and black coin pigs. The goal requires the pigs to be babies and registers as complete when they grow up.

snowyhillz
04-27-16, 02:48 PM
I didn't ask about the pigs. I asked about the sealing dust.

Sorry lol ..... I was mixing the posts up ��

SpiritWind00
04-27-16, 02:49 PM
Spiritwind, in post #2 the goal still is to ask neighbours for the sealing dust.... It is for upgrading the hive that the sealing dust has been REPLACED with wood

Ok, I was passed that bit... I'll update now. I'll also add more info about upgrading from the myriad of posts I've read thru this morning.

snowyhillz
04-27-16, 02:51 PM
Ok, I was passed that bit... I'll update now. I'll also add more info about upgrading from the myriad of posts I've read thru this morning.

Yup... There is a lot to read through lol

SpiritWind00
04-27-16, 02:56 PM

I've added this in post 1.

2. Do I still need to ask for dust? It doesn't matter about this goal as it's redundant. You can send out requests if you want to so that the goal is removed from your book. Otherwise, upgrade tree, welcome Anthia and allow the goal in your book to expire. I know it's a nuisance to see it in your book, but it will disappear at the conclusion of the event.

fish63
04-27-16, 02:58 PM
I hate to be difficult, but the fix doesn't address those who had already upgraded. We still have 50 more dust in our book! So far neighbors have sent 25 more.

unixdude
04-27-16, 02:58 PM
Do you have any baby pigs on your board or in storage? If yes you can raise them. The first post has the raising requirements for gem and black coin pigs. The goal requires the pigs to be babies and registers as complete when they grow up.

I just purchased a single coin pig and started to raise it; I really don't need/want to have that many pigs laying around or in storage. I was hoping to be able to collect from the adult pigs and be done with this goal. So, if I understand correctly, my choices to continue with this challenge are: 1) spend 40 gems to buy my way out of this goal ; 2) spend 120,000 coins and at least 12 hours raising them 3) give up on this challenge and continue with the main goals. Are there any other options I have missed?

SpiritWind00
04-27-16, 03:07 PM
Sorry, but yes that's the lot..... I wish I could gift you some money!

SpiritWind00
04-27-16, 03:12 PM
I hate to be difficult, but the fix doesn't address those who had already upgraded. We still have 50 more dust in our book! So far neighbors have sent 25 more.

It's ok... It's frustrating for those who upgraded and got caught. As the dust doesn't go into inventory anymore, that part is redundant. You'll miss out on the 300 coin reward and 10xp only. You can still ask for dust, my game is still registering player requests, so I keep hitting send.

aiyoosha
04-27-16, 03:14 PM
s8 you need to give us like unlimited energy for like a day

kumkibaby
04-27-16, 03:15 PM
Mushrooms everywhere... No room for anything... Collecting and collecting.. But one drop after forty or fifty...OMG.. When will I see the light at the end of this tunnel ? :(

winglvr
04-27-16, 03:32 PM
My fairy has come and gone today several times. The artwork is so unattractive I'm not sure if I care if she stays or not. What happened?

janddolphins
04-27-16, 03:33 PM
Or I wonder if the collected essence for the level 5 are already counted and my 99 don't count to them :)
Sorry is someone answered me and I missed it!

meme1098
04-27-16, 03:36 PM
I do not think the problem is fixed. I finished the goal and had the faerie , and then she disappeared. She was there this morning and is now gone again. My cherry hive is showing that it is level 5. And I have rebooted.

Check your game in Edit mode. She's much easier to locate that way. :)

PrincessCupOButter
04-27-16, 03:46 PM
Or I wonder if the collected essence for the level 5 are already counted and my 99 don't count to them :)
Sorry is someone answered me and I missed it!

Have you fully upgraded the cherry hive yet?
If not, when you upgrade the cherry hive to level 5 it will use 60 living essence.

janddolphins
04-27-16, 04:07 PM
Have you fully upgraded the cherry hive yet?
If not, when you upgrade the cherry hive to level 5 it will use 60 living essence.

Bummer I was going for 99 of all 3 we could collect buy there goes that goal. Getting tired anyway and mushroom take forever and I have plenty of the other two so I'll adapt goal to 33 of each if I can make 33 from the mushrooms tonight so I can officially be done :) 99 is always just exciting to hit to se la ve

Nikospets
04-27-16, 04:39 PM
I suspect that most of the players who 'easily' slid through the tasks are level 50, or close to it, and have been playing for several years.

I don't have any secrets, but I have been playing for 2 years now and have been level 50 for quite a while. I have 2 level 5 wizard schools and those supply 10 energy each every 5 hours or so. Plus, I was fortunate enough to have 90 troll tokens at the beginning of the last monster hunt, so I had not yet gotten the cooking camp, and was able to put that on hold and get the mythic research center and craft glimmer Alis instead.
Make use of the greenhouse! During down time, make vital extract and floral glow. Faerie elixir gives 20 energy and takes 2 minutes to craft. (Collecting mermaid tears replenished the water required quickly)
Send those knights out! They usually return with energy and needed supplies, plus the occasional gem or two.
Do lots of milk and dairy trades. Cows and chickens drop living essence and the trade drops food needed for feasts.

I learned a lot about strategy from reading these forums. For example, I rarely let any inventory go below 50, and prefer to keep it at least 70. This means that during regular, non-timed events, I collect until I am maxed before making things that use a large amount of any material. (Such as Faerie sap!) It slows me down for core story quests, but I'm usually in good shape when we get a timed event.

Also SW shared a tip on using the quick collect method to get a better drop rate. It seems odd, but that really does seem to work. Wait until you have several energy and collect for only one source at a time (ex. All mushrooms) then quick collect) I also completely ignore coin only buildings most of the time. Especially during timed events when energy is desperately needed elsewhere.
And last but not least, I do not clear on Thursdays until I know if there will be an update, likewise, I also don't start crafting any lengthy crafts or use a bunch of any hard to get materials. That way, I'm usually ready to go as soon as the update goes live.

This isn't the best or only way to play, but it's what I find works best for me.

This event wasn't easy to me. It wiped me out of living wood, sap and jewels. And I ended up using 7 gems. (3 to speed up ivy's hut because I needed to be away from the game) and I lost 4 to gem traps. Accidentally sped up a mushroom and a mine. :(

Oh, and my souvenir sealing dust is gone too. Before reading about it here I thought I was losing it and kept searching inventory! I suspect the imposter Anthia hid it. :p

I have been playing for 2 years and I'm at level 50, but for the life of me can not get the Golden Nuggets! I have chopped rocks collected from 2 deep mines and 2 sparking mines, have sent the Knights out and did exchanges for days now and I have only received 2 nuggets. I don't understand why I am having this much trouble collecting them! If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it!

ghjvcucjb
04-27-16, 05:07 PM
I suspect that most of the players who 'easily' slid through the tasks are level 50, or close to it, and have been playing for several years.

I've been playing since it first came out of beta testing and use to be one of the regular posters who helped out with all the steps for years. I was one of the first to receive all the badges (and other stuff) a zillion years ago. One of the ones who waited through the year of no new goals. One of the ones who was stuck forever at level 40 until the new levels were released with instant advancement. One of the ones who remembers what it was like to play this game with no alicorns, no extra energy wizard schools, no energy crates, no barracks etc etc. at one point I was full on every item available to craft and collect that I had to have items removed to advance forward in an event. And I am not easily sliding through this. Have been stuck for 4 days trying to get living wood. Like I've said a million times before, this is purely about luck and nothing else. Sometimes you get lucky at one event and get the needed drops in a timely manner and other times no matter what you do, what strategy you use, luck is not on your side.

calilive213
04-27-16, 05:55 PM
I am level 49 (maybe a year or so of playing) and finally on the final step of this goal. It was not easy at all. It actually sucked, honestly. I had to wake up at odd times just because I needed to collect that energy to advance in the goals. I'm still a couple days at least away. I really didn't enjoy this quest/event at all. The drop rates are frustrating and I had to completely forget about everything else in the meantime to make progress. Not cool imo, I like to enjoy completing the quest goals, not stress out over a game. Hoping the new character is worth the trouble.

calilive213
04-27-16, 05:58 PM
Also should add without this forum and knowing the goals and materials needed in advance, I really, truly doubt I would've been able to complete it.

hagypagy
04-27-16, 06:02 PM

Not at all!! I didn't spend a single gem and I'm already complete with days to go ... The key is to only spend your energy on trees and mushrooms (and animals when you hit that point), ignore the rest of your kingdom until it's over.

CharmOfLea
04-27-16, 06:26 PM
A quick question: can I finish the cherry tree and decide NOT to get Anthia? I don't think I like her, not necessarily because she's cross-eyed but because the art style deviates from other characters, I feel... Or if there's a way for us to put her into the inventory like other items, that'd be nice, too.

The moment you upgrade the cherry to L5 she appears. If you really would rather not have Anthia you'd have to stop at L4. However, most of us have hope S8 might end up delivering what they promised, the faerie from the goal that is. :)

hagypagy
04-27-16, 07:11 PM
I've been playing since it first came out of beta testing and use to be one of the regular posters who helped out with all the steps for years. I was one of the first to receive all the badges (and other stuff) a zillion years ago. One of the ones who waited through the year of no new goals. One of the ones who was stuck forever at level 40 until the new levels were released with instant advancement. One of the ones who remembers what it was like to play this game with no alicorns, no extra energy wizard schools, no energy crates, no barracks etc etc. at one point I was full on every item available to craft and collect that I had to have items removed to advance forward in an event. And I am not easily sliding through this. Have been stuck for 4 days trying to get living wood. Like I've said a million times before, this is purely about luck and nothing else. Sometimes you get lucky at one event and get the needed drops in a timely manner and other times no matter what you do, what strategy you use, luck is not on your side.

You don't have multiple living wood trees?!?
This is a necessary requirement I feel
Save up some gems and make the investment

I have 3 and don't have any living wood issues ... 2 would probably suffice

Tiggerddh
04-27-16, 07:13 PM
I have 3 living trees and had no problem with living wood for this quest

yummy_bistro
04-27-16, 07:37 PM
20 prime cuts and truffles? Farie doesn;t eat those human food!

I only zero in inventory and with only 2 cows and now 11 pigs

still hard to get prime cuts! the baron took it all *cries*

FridayFarms
04-27-16, 07:37 PM
I had none until I coughed up some cash for gems during this quest. Now I have one, and it really helped.

wamboltia
04-27-16, 07:41 PM
Can't complete due to no golden nuggets. Been working on the mission to upgrade my jousting arena. Bummer

PrincessCupOButter
04-27-16, 08:37 PM

I didn't mean to offend or upset anyone. The original question asked players who 'seemed' to get through this quest easily what their secrets were. I simply shared my strategies and actually admitted I have been fortunate to have extra energy sources. I also said I didn't find it to be an easy quest. I even purchased a second living tree to get through this one.

When I first started playing, I lost a lot of gems and made some mistakes (gem skipping Griselda's carriage and statue, thinking they would appear in inventory like an actual purchase and wasting gems buying energy were two biggies) But after discovering the forum and reading tips from other players, I feel that I have learned to better manage the resources I am able to collect. So I'm extremely grateful for all the players who share their knowledge and experiences here. Particularly those who are ahead and let us know what to expect and prepare for!

As for the gold nuggets, I again admit I've been lucky. I really wish S8 would either increase the drops for all players, and allow them to be crafted, or at the very least stop requiring so many. Especially during timed events.

PrincessCupOButter
04-27-16, 08:51 PM
I have been playing for 2 years and I'm at level 50, but for the life of me can not get the Golden Nuggets! I have chopped rocks collected from 2 deep mines and 2 sparking mines, have sent the Knights out and did exchanges for days now and I have only received 2 nuggets. I don't understand why I am having this much trouble collecting them! If you have any suggestions I would appreciate it!

I'm sorry, I wish there was a trick I could share....
I have 2 sparking mines and 2 deep mines, all level 5, and I check them as often as possible, even when I am maxed on stone, ores, jewels, coal, etc. and I don't do the golden trade, in order to save the nuggets for quests. (and because I can't seem to get the golden apples)

I really wish that S8 would increase drops or allow them to be crafted. Either that, or stop requiring so many of them. Especially during timed quests.

freesiawoods
04-27-16, 08:59 PM
I am done except for one more round of requesting from neighbours after reset today. A very energy intensive event but to me it was easier than the storybook events where sometimes we have to get neighbour help within one or two days, if I remember correctly. And the monster hunts when monsters simply won't spawn.

ghjvcucjb
04-27-16, 09:01 PM

I was maxed out on living wood for years. Why would I need the tree being maxed out for years? I just realized last week that I completely forgot to finish my faerie bulb and started focusing on that which requires a ton of living wood. Pretty much the only one that has in a long while. Besides, I wasn't in any hurry. This event started as I was in the middle of doing that and for the first time in years needed living wood. Which usually is a cinch to get in my kingdom. However, as I posted several times in this thread I have literally chopped close to a hundred trees and barely got a handful. Completely not the norm. And once this event is over, and everything goes back to normal, I will once again be maxed out on living wood in a matter of a couple of days. And then those trees will sit there taking up room and not being collected.

As far as my gems go I have around 800 (1200 + two weeks ago before I went on a buying spree). Every one hard earned through the game.

ETA, started thinking and went and looked and realized I do having living wood trees. But being maxed out all these years I never used them and forgot about them.

Queenzod
04-27-16, 09:02 PM

I've been playing forever, too, and I only have one living wood tree. The fairy tea party and the creepy tree give it regularly, so I usually don't have any troubles either. But I try not to let any resource drop much below 70. That seems to work for me. Of course, I maxed out my kitchens, potions shops, workshops and magic forge items eons ago, so those are all in storage now. I'm just working on fairy sap/glue and catching up when we have an event.