PDA

View Full Version : Compass Rose Dragon - Map Dropper!

FlatFoot
04-19-16, 10:27 AM
Never lose direction with your very own Compass Rose Dragon! When placed in the Ancient Atlas habitat, this dragon will drop maps to help you expand!

Sale Ends: 4/26!
https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/1105918/Vpho4Lp3HIPuHCR/announcement_compass_rose_dragon_en.png

belarica
04-19-16, 10:43 AM
Its beautiful, but the price is not right.

Bastiaan0
04-19-16, 10:46 AM
Again another beautiful dragon, good work Flatfoot! ;)

But I'm not going to buy it, for the same reason I didn't buy all of the other drop dragons (except gold, ofcourse :p): I can get the resources another way and (for now) that's enough.
Also don't have the gold, although I would have enough by the time the sale expires.

amerirish
04-19-16, 10:47 AM
For a second when I saw this in the Market, I thought it was a gold producing dragon. My gold supply is next to nil so I was all set to spend money on some gold. Thank goodness I realized it was a map producing dragon before I spent $$. As much as I would love to have this one, I cannot spend that much money for it. The cost is way, way too high IMHO.

Excellent design though; way to go again FlatFoot :D

lenasdinner
04-19-16, 10:52 AM
Great looking dragon! at first I thot it's a gold one and was ready to buy even is a lot of gold,but for map droping dragon this is way to much gold for it since we have another source of getting those.
nice work though !

freshfunin2008
04-19-16, 11:04 AM
I like the beauty of it but it is not for me at 800 gold. I would have preferred a gold producing dragon at 500 gold. Thank you

lnztrekfan
04-19-16, 11:09 AM
Oh she is a beauty! I also went to the market thinking she was a gold dragon! I'll pass on the maps though. But she sure is beautiful! Nice job!!

thesearles71
04-19-16, 11:12 AM
Beautiful dragon, I too first thought that it was a gold dragon. I could use another map dragon but not for the 800 gold price, it's just too much IMHO.

Annica5
04-19-16, 11:17 AM
I agree with all the previous speakers: it's beautiful, looks like treasure, is too expensive - but I bought it in a flash. Come on, could I leave my other map dragon staring accusingly at me every day? Dragons get lonely stomping round in a habitat made for two.

A bit incredible really when I consider my jam packed island with dragons swarming all over the place?!? Too late, the egg is on the nest.

kimandamelia
04-19-16, 11:24 AM
A shame it is for maps and that it costs so much. We can get maps for free with a bit of patience. Getting the maps isn't the problem for me, it is the waiting 3 days for each plot to clear after getting the maps. Paying 800 gold for this is way out of wack...

Xyn25
04-19-16, 11:56 AM
What a gorgeous dragon! If I had the money I'd probably buy it just for its look.

mybunnytail
04-19-16, 12:11 PM
I do want to say Flatfoot this one is absolutely gorgeous! Wonderful work PLEASE keep it up!;) but like others have said if this would have been a gold producing dragon I would been all over it!

kylingo
04-19-16, 12:20 PM
I take it you can't breed this dragon?

belbar22
04-19-16, 12:21 PM
Beautiful dragon. Such a shame it is so expensive. Not many islands are likely to be displaying it. A bit of a waste of Flatfoot's amazing design.

Bastiaan0
04-19-16, 12:29 PM
I take it you can't breed this dragon?

Nope.
Flatfoot is the only one who ever did that :p

Hepatu
04-19-16, 12:38 PM
Imo it's a waste of time to create a map dropping dragon. Especially as long as there is an expansion limit.
too many ppl are already maxed with expansions so they will never need this dragon.
I'm still far from maxed, but I would never buy it anyway.
awesome looking dragon flatfoot, it just a bit sad it's more or less useless.
And 800 gold? I wouldn't even pay that for a gold dropping dragon I'm sry to say.
but a big thumb up for the design ☺

Jrod333
04-19-16, 12:39 PM
Cool looking dragon, also thought it was treasure type, to expensive, I want the mining land opened, not regular

Hawk1
04-19-16, 01:13 PM
Beautiful dragon, I'm 3 spaces away from having my island cleared as much as is possible at this time so I'll pass. Too bad it isn't a gold giving dragon..

I do think it's expensive for a map dragon.

blueangel826
04-19-16, 01:21 PM
FlatFoot ~~ another extraordinary dragon you've designed! Since I still had gold left from the BD competition, I did buy this one. I also thought the design resembled a Treasure type producing gold, not maps. But I'm always short a few maps forcing me to wait another day to expand. I'm wall to wall now & want to expand & have a little room for a decoration here & there♡ So a few extra maps a day can't hurt!

Jennerwein1
04-19-16, 03:49 PM
I, too, thought it was gold producing. Absolutely gorgeous looking, and unfortunately absolutely too expensive. Even at the sale price. Will pass and practice some more patience. Saving my gold for some pretty habitats or "gasp!" a gold producer.

DeeDe99
04-19-16, 04:09 PM
"I'll have one tomorrow" Flatfoot sad! Inside information, much? LMAO

Beautiful, Flatfoot. I'll have to buy gold to get it, but I can hardly refuse after my complaints about lonely dragons, now can I? ;)

DragonPhoenix6
04-19-16, 04:27 PM
Very good looking dragon but I will pass due to the price, also it is not that hard to get maps anyway!

Clark_Wayne
04-19-16, 04:58 PM
For a second when I saw this in the Market, I thought it was a gold producing dragon. My gold supply is next to nil so I was all set to spend money on some gold. Thank goodness I realized it was a map producing dragon before I spent $$. As much as I would love to have this one, I cannot spend that much money for it. The cost is way, way too high IMHO.

agreed : excellent design but no thanks , because spent to many golds during the last days (4th nest, valiant, toxic, 4 diamond habitat)
and like everyone already said : i don't need a map dragon, especially for 800 golds !
i would buy if it was a treasure Dragons (like everyone LOL)
no way i'm going to buy this one. bad timing : too many dragons in too short time !

random59
04-19-16, 05:14 PM
Did splurge out on Cartographer, what a mistake that was, will I be buying this, NO! Had it been a gold bearing dragon, I would have been all over it like a rash.

We can quest or request for maps and at the moment they are of no use what so ever to me! Such a lot of money for so little in return. I totally agree with others that by design of it, it should have been a gold bearing dragon but we already have a Rose Gold Dragon.

Cartographer will be soon on his way to the monastery to lead the life of a solitary hermit monk!

DeeDe99
04-19-16, 06:01 PM
I like the fact we have dragons that give something other than coins. We all know how useless coins become ultimately. I really have no more use for dynamite (until we get more expansions to mine), but I like the dragons. For me, part of the fun of this game is collecting the variety, they don't have to give me anything. Arctic Isles being a case in point! :D

You know, even the gold dragons will be of less use in time - once we get pretty much everything and run out of space, the gold will accumulate quickly and we won't be able to spend it on anything.

Still need Mrs Fruition!

Clark_Wayne
04-19-16, 07:04 PM
I like the fact we have dragons that give something other than coins. We all know how useless coins become ultimately. I really have no more use for dynamite (until we get more expansions to mine), but I like the dragons. For me, part of the fun of this game is collecting the variety, they don't have to give me anything. Arctic Isles being a case in point! :D

You know, even the gold dragons will be of less use in time - once we get pretty much everything and run out of space, the gold will accumulate quickly and we won't be able to spend it on anything.

Still need Mrs Fruition!

well if mrs fruition drops as many apples as mr fruition , then mr fruition will be waiting for her for a long long time LOL

Niire
04-19-16, 07:25 PM
Gorgeous! <3

I saw the price and, like some here, thought it might be a gold dragon, and I got excited! But she's a map giver, so I will have to pass as well. i don't have any of the resource dragons, though i would like to have a fruition someday. :p

mystctattoo
04-19-16, 07:37 PM

I thought the same thing as you and then before I had a chance to buy gold to buy it my son told me it gave maps. Whew thank goodness he saw that before I bought it!!!

Clark_Wayne
04-19-16, 08:28 PM
LOL looks like we are not seeing this dragon in many lands. too bad : really beautiful dragon !

neeahnia
04-19-16, 08:45 PM
I bought her...she's so pretty...I don't wanna sound rude...but I'm not understanding why people thought it was a gold dropping dragon...a Compass Rose is the symbol on a map that shows the directions...I still have a lot to clear...so she'll be usual for now; plus she's my first material producing dragon...I'm hoping for a better looking food producing dragon... I don't hate the current one...but a pretty female type would be awesome!

blackeneddove
04-19-16, 09:01 PM
I would really like to have this beautiful dragon! The timing is just wrong for me to spend that much gold (don't have it) after using so much for a new habitat and speed breeding and diamond temple and... The list goes on. ^_^;

A bit of time between new things to purchase with gold ...so that I have time to GET the gold needed would be great! It's not like money grows on trees... :p;):rolleyes:

Hawk1
04-19-16, 09:01 PM
I bought her...she's so pretty...I don't wanna sound rude...but I'm not understanding why people thought it was a gold dropping dragon...a Compass Rose is the symbol on a map that shows the directions...I still have a lot to clear...so she'll be usual for now; plus she's my first material producing dragon...I'm hoping for a better looking food producing dragon... I don't hate the current one...but a pretty female type would be awesome!

I'm happy for you, I prefer gold producing dragons and I have very nice neighbors that send maps when requested.

Niire
04-19-16, 09:40 PM

LOL, you know, it occurred to me after I saw it was a map dragon, the compass rose thing. I'm a dork and medicated heavily so...I blame my meds! LOL

neeahnia
04-19-16, 09:53 PM
LOL, you know, it occurred to me after I saw it was a map dragon, the compass rose thing. I'm a dork and medicated heavily so...I blame my meds! LOL

I hear ya! I wish I was heavily medicated...knock on wood I believe I may be out of the woods as I have been laid up for almost two weeks with something...I don't want to jinx it...but I'm pretty sure if I cough anymore I might just break! I hope whatever's ailing you doesn't linger long!!

neeahnia
04-19-16, 10:01 PM
I'm happy for you, I prefer gold producing dragons and I have very nice neighbors that send maps when requested.

I have fantastic neighbors that give maps on the daily too...I just thought I'd snag this one while on sale since I don't have any material dragons...I really want a gold one...will just have to wait for another sale...I wish S8 would give higher level players the option to convert coins to gold and food...maybe a dragon that can craft materials if you give it coins...like the princess in Rumplestiltskin (sp?) that spun straw into gold...now that would be something!

Hawk1
04-20-16, 04:48 AM
I have fantastic neighbors that give maps on the daily too...I just thought I'd snag this one while on sale since I don't have any material dragons...I really want a gold one...will just have to wait for another sale...I wish S8 would give higher level players the option to convert coins to gold and food...maybe a dragon that can craft materials if you give it coins...like the princess in Rumplestiltskin (sp?) that spun straw into gold...now that would be something!

Yep, coins mean very little once you pass 50 mil... There really isn't anything S8 does for higher lvl players, I'm just glad I'm not a billionaire

Jennerwein1
04-20-16, 07:24 AM
For me it was the combination of color and price (!) that initially mislead me. Did not see the compass rose with getting excited about a gold giving dragon. Glad I did not jump the ***.

Natasha_07
04-20-16, 07:26 AM
At first I thought this was a gold producing dragon on sale and immediately regretted spending +700 gold last week trying for diamond, LOL! :)

It would have been a better deal if it were 5 maps daily or so.

Clark_Wayne
04-20-16, 09:14 AM

for high lvl players (like me), there is no use for a map dragon : we expanded all the spots available so we rather have a treasure dragon because golds can be use for speeding things or buy more spins (wheel coming) or just limited Dragons we can't breed on time
and most of the players in forum are high level players ;)
that is why you hear such disappointment from us :D

jjblueyes
04-20-16, 11:52 AM
for high lvl players (like me), there is no use for a map dragon : we expanded all the spots available so we rather have a treasure dragon because golds can be use for speeding things or buy more spins (wheel coming) or just limited Dragons we can't breed on time
and most of the players in forum are high level players ;)
that is why you hear such disappointment from us :D

Yep. I've not bought any of these such dragons. If I can't manage the game without them at this point I'm in trouble. Besides that, I'm always hitting that space issue and habitat limit issue and these type of dragons just can't live on my island. One dragon in a habitat, isn't working for me. Even 2 isn't a good use of space. I do have a few gold producers but that's different. I wish we had a gold habitat that held more then 2 but I'm so happy we have a large diamond habitat now! Makes this girl very happy. I gained some much needed habitats with that release.
So, as many of you have already expressed, I thought at first this was a gold dragon and I was all ready to purchase him, and was sad to see it was not. He's beautiful. Flat foot is an amazing designer! Very talented. This dragon however just isnt for me, and that's ok! I will enjoy peeking at him on my friends who get him islands.
Jen

ericrypt
04-21-16, 12:52 PM
Egg is hatching, love the design and it was WAY cheaper than saving 1600 gold for a Cartographer Dragon!

CuteTali
08-17-16, 05:44 AM
I just got this dragon in the battle arena as a level 14 super rare dragon and I don't know how to fight it. What defeats a map type dragon? It's not on the calculator or anywhere else to be found. I tried my rainbow sentinel, but he failed, tried passion and failed, then tried anubis for a diamond type but failed too. Are there any elements that are strong against this map type?