PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: The Trade Wagon - Glimmer Alicorn changes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

SpiritWind00
04-18-16, 07:00 PM
In relation to the change made today in the Mythic Research Centre and Glimmer Alicorn craft:

I've posted in a few places, but please be patient while we wait for a response from S8.... thanks.
Response from S8: 1. click here to go to post (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90861-Castle-Story-The-Trade-Wagon-crafts-and-out-of-season-information&p=1293451&viewfull=1#post1293451); 2. click here to go to post
(http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90861-Castle-Story-The-Trade-Wagon-crafts-and-out-of-season-information&p=1293963&viewfull=1#post1293963)
Response provided on resolution:

We'd like to apologize for the frustration this change has caused. The Glimmer Alicorn was not intended to be unlimited and with a guaranteed Energy refill. To address this and ensure the prolonged quality of the game, we had to make a few immediate changes to this item.

We appreciate your feedback and after careful discussion, we have made the following changes.

The Energy loot will be random with a chance to get up to 40 Energy.
The Glimmer Alicorn craft will now require 25 Troll Tokens instead of 50.
The limit of 1 will remain going forward. Players who already have multiples will be able to keep them.

For the inconvenience, we have credited back 25 Troll Tokens to anyone who has crafted this Alicorn for 50 Troll Tokens. Thank you everyone so much for all of the feedback you have shared with us and for your patience. If you have any questions, please let us know.

I will update the various guides and information in this post as soon as I can.... SW

****If anyone has spent 50 tokens and not received their refund, can you please let me know by PM and I'll help.****

Update from today (Pika):

Hi everyone,

Again we sincerely apologize for the frustration these changes has caused. :(

If you would like to have your Troll Tokens or Beastbane Display refunded, please write to support@storm8.com and be sure to include the following:

Type in "Glimmer Alicorn Changes" in the title and body of your text so we can find your ticket quickly
Storm8 ID

PLEASE WRITE IN BY 5/30/16. (Please keep in mind this is a refund so we will be removing the items and refunding the resources used to obtain the items.)

Notice of increased moderation: Please be familiar with the forum rules and policies (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies). This thread is under moderation. -Elsa

SpiritWind00
04-18-16, 07:00 PM
this information is now incorrect and will be updated. SW

I thought it might be easier for us to use a new thread for out of season information about the items available in the Trade Wagon.
* Yes there will be more Monster Hunts!*

Links:
Season 5 Monster Hunt (expired) Closed thread
(http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90580-CS-4-07-Update-Monster-Hunt-S5-Ruler-s-Locket-amp-Mythic-Research-Center-EXPIRED)Legendary Trap (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90761-Castle-Update-4-15-new-in-the-market-Legendary-Trap)
Cooking Camp or Mythic Research Centre (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90702-Cooking-camp-or-Mythic-Research-Center)

Gold troll tokens will only drop from the Beastbane Display out of season. If you do not have this item, then you need to wait for the next season to continue accumulating gold tokens.

Trade Wagon crafts

* These crafts are visible in and out of season and available in the Trade Wagon until you complete them.

Crafting time

Cost
Links

Cooking Camp
16 hours
99 gold tokens
Building Guide Crafting link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76392-Castle-Story-Building-Guide&p=1026342&viewfull=1#post1026342)

Princess Lorelei's Fountain
?
2 Blue Sapphires which are 10 gold tokens each to purchase.
The Fountain drops gold tokens only during monster hunts.
You get 3 gold tokens as a reward for this craft.
Building Guide Resources link (under P) (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76392-Castle-Story-Building-Guide&p=1030154&viewfull=1#post1030154)

Cabbage Hut
16 hours
70 gold tokens
Building Guide link (for Baron's Tent) (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76392-Castle-Story-Building-Guide&p=1070491&viewfull=1#post1070491)

Ornate Locket
10 minutes
5 gold tokens
Once you craft the Locket the story ends (for now!)

Mythic Research Center
16 hours
70 gold tokens
Crafting Buildings Guide link (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76392-Castle-Story-Building-Guide&p=1026342&viewfull=1#post1026342)

The Beastbane Display

* The Beastbane Display will continue its normal drops outside of Monster Hunt seasons.

* Because drops are continuous, summoning animals through the Mythic Research Center will require Sword or Staff Tokens, and those will be available to you at all times, (ie, you can continue to craft glimmer alicorns and glimmer dragons when you get the resources anytime).

Beastbane Display
Found: market, 400 gems
Drops: sword tokens, staff tokens, gold troll token (in and out of seasons)
Collection time: 22 hours
Season 5 Monster Hunt Thread | (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90580-Castle-Story-4-07-Update-Monster-Hunt-S5-Ruler-s-Locket-amp-Mythic-Research-Center)Beastbane Display Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90510-Castle-Story-4-05-Beastbane-Display-%28new-gem-optional-purchase-item%29)

The Cabbage Hut (iOS only)

* You can either purchase 1 cabbage hut in the market for 450 gems and/or you can get another one through the trade wagon for 70 tokens. The trade wagon provides an alternate way to get the cabbage hut.

* If you purchase a cabbage hut with tokens, it unlocks the goal in the market and you can purchase the cabbage hut or 100 coins. It comes fully built.

* You can collect from the Hut every 22 hours. 1 cabbage drops.

Legendary Trap

Legendary Trap
Found: market, 25 gems
Uses: spawns a random beast (Blue Dire Boar or Purple Glimmer Golem)
Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90580-CS-4-07-Update-Monster-Hunt-S5-Ruler-s-Locket-amp-Mythic-Research-Center-EXPIRED)
Drops during a Monster Hunt: Gold troll token, Shield tokens, Sword tokens and Staff tokens
Drops between events: Gold tokens will drop, but they are rare.

Elen4070
04-18-16, 07:17 PM
I know the event is supposedly finished... But I'm still getting Tokens and have all the trades in the trade wagon...

SpiritWind00
04-18-16, 07:18 PM
I know :).... it must be a timey wimey thing! They will stop without notice shortly.

Elen4070
04-18-16, 07:27 PM
Taking advantage of the last few minutes in the meantime....

QueenCarolyn
04-18-16, 07:41 PM
Is the legendary trap for one time use or does it spawn over and over again?

SpiritWind00
04-18-16, 08:03 PM
Is the legendary trap for one time use or does it spawn over and over again?

one time use... it's similar to the other traps you can purchase. It will spawn a dire boar or golem, so out of season it's a big energy waster as silver tokens won't drop. You need to decide whether the chance of a gold token dropping is worth the 25 gems.

dipwid
04-18-16, 08:26 PM
Burning question-the beastbane drops tokens in and out of seasons. Out of season After a while, will the staff and sword tokens reach their limit and extras be wasted since there will be no gold trade in the hut?

SpiritWind00
04-18-16, 08:41 PM
Burning question-the beastbane drops tokens in and out of seasons. Out of season After a while, will the staff and sword tokens reach their limit and extras be wasted since there will be no gold trade in the hut?

If you have the MRC, then because the Display only drops sword and staff tokens, you can use them (plus the other item) for a glimmer alicorn or glimmer dragon. I guess there is the likelihood that you'll max on one of those silver tokens, yes.

Also think of how many times you can collect from in 6 weeks which is about the time between events. I guess it also depends on how many you have once the monsters stop dropping tokens. :)

dipwid
04-18-16, 09:22 PM
If you have the MRC, then because the Display only drops sword and staff tokens, you can use them (plus the other item) for a glimmer alicorn or glimmer dragon. I guess there is the likelihood that you'll max on one of those silver tokens, yes.

Also think of how many times you can collect from in 6 weeks which is about the time between events. I guess it also depends on how many you have once the monsters stop dropping tokens. :)
I don't have the Mrc; I've only acquired 62 tokens in 5 seasons. If trade post would allow gold trades of extras dropped by beastbane I would consider buying it. But if I'm maxed on sword and staff and can't trade them I would have to wait until beastbane would drop 8 more troll tokens; during the wait, wouldn't we waste more sword and staff tokens since those trades would not be available. Is this correct?

Yes, you're correct :) SW

Elen4070
04-18-16, 10:11 PM
one time use... it's similar to the other traps you can purchase. It will spawn a dire boar or golem, so out of season it's a big energy waster as silver tokens won't drop. You need to decide whether the chance of a gold token dropping is worth the 25 gems.

Its probably not for me to say, but the don't think it's worth it out of season. Better to spend 50 on a guaranteed gold token than 25 on a rare chance to drop

rulerofjennyville
04-19-16, 03:32 AM
:mad::mad::mad: I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad!!! I was one gold token away from getting the stupid alicorn and they pull the plug on the season! Naturally I get NO gold tokens off that waste of a Lorelei fountain so I have to do it the hard way and I used up gems I was going to use on a cabbage hut to get the stupid mythic center. I have saved my review for this game in itunes and I'm thinking of giving it today and it won't be positive.

Seriously700
04-19-16, 05:17 AM
I was able to manage getting the MRC but not enough for the first alicorn. I never got my daily trades yesterday (I am on iOS). They should have come up a few hours before the event ended - I'd actually been setting my alarm for them the last few days. Too bad, that would have gotten me 1 gold troll token closer.

rulerofjennyville
04-19-16, 05:27 AM
I'm done trying to get the cooking camp or the cabbage hut through troll tokens. I'm going to get a dragon and an alicorn then just ignore it from then on out.

Sandybellee
04-19-16, 05:42 AM
I think this is the best thing ever! The crafts stay in the wagon so you just have to wait until next monster hunt to continue working for them unless you got the Beastbane display. All it takes is a little patience. :)

I love having the cabbage hut and more mythical beasts to look forward to! Good job, S8!

meme1098
04-19-16, 05:47 AM
I think this is the best thing ever! The crafts stay in the wagon so you just have to wait until next monster hunt to continue working for them unless you got the Beastbane display. All it takes is a little patience. :)

I love having the cabbage hut and more mythical beasts to look forward to! Good job, S8!

Same here. The beast bane dropped a troll token for me this morning so there is a rare chance for them...lol.

PrincessCupOButter
04-19-16, 06:09 AM

Agreed! This has been the best hunt yet. I love that there is more to work toward than just the cooking camp (mine has been put on hold indefinitely) I LOVE the mythic research center! And am trying to decide if I want a second cabbage hut. I'm also eager to see what will be available next season, and curious to see what happens next with the locket. :D

The monster hunts should be considered a long term goal. Whatever gold coins are collected each season will still be there next season. I've played all 5 seasons and this was the season I would have finally had enough tokens for the cooking camp....I chose to get the research center and the locket instead, and used the rest of my gold tokens to craft alicorns. Now I don't have enough for the cooking camp or the cabbage hut, but I'll get some more next hunt.

As an added bonus....I managed to gets lots of trade tickets using up materials collected trying to spawn monsters. Bring on the expansions! :cool:

ktorewqas
04-19-16, 06:25 AM
Great info. The beastpane display does not drop shield tokens, I think :)

oops! Fixed! Thank you... :) SW

SpiritWind00
04-19-16, 06:38 AM
I think this is the best thing ever! ...

Me too! Haven't got the MRC yet, but I do have the display, so it's only a matter of time. ;)

kdmusgrove
04-19-16, 08:32 AM
:mad::mad::mad: I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad!!! I was one gold token away from getting the stupid alicorn and they pull the plug on the season! Naturally I get NO gold tokens off that waste of a Lorelei fountain so I have to do it the hard way and I used up gems I was going to use on a cabbage hut to get the stupid mythic center. I have saved my review for this game in itunes and I'm thinking of giving it today and it won't be positive.

Wow. Sorry you feel ripped off, but they actually gave us more time than they said they would. I'm one token away too, but still just looking forward to the next hunt. As for the fountain, it gave me about 7 tokens this time around. And as far as being so mad, you should read the other posts on here and the hunt thread. People, myself included, were quite thrilled to see this very promising and rewarding event, especially in light of recent failed attempts at giving us something worth our effort and spent gems.

P.s. S8 if you're reading this too, thanks for a wonderful hunt, all the deco (even though most of mine doesn't match lol), the chance for new animals, the mrc, and the cabbage hut! I look forward to having the chance to get them all in the future!

Niire
04-19-16, 08:59 AM
Wow. Sorry you feel ripped off, but they actually gave us more time than they said they would. I'm one token away too, but still just looking forward to the next hunt. As for the fountain, it gave me about 7 tokens this time around. And as far as being so mad, you should read the other posts on here and the hunt thread. People, myself included, were quite thrilled to see this very promising and rewarding event, especially in light of recent failed attempts at giving us something worth our effort and spent gems.

P.s. S8 if you're reading this too, thanks for a wonderful hunt, all the deco (even though most of mine doesn't match lol), the chance for new animals, the mrc, and the cabbage hut! I look forward to having the chance to get them all in the future!

I am on android, and i actually wholeheartedly agree with this...though the Baron's Tent would be super awesome to have someday...

This hunt was amazing, I had so much fun with it. i actually have a total of 35 coins, and from android, that's so great (used to be like a total of three, maybe, per hunt). Also that mythic research center? OMG I cannot wait till I get one! :D Actually, now that i think about it, i got 40 coins by the end, because i am a sucker for the storyline, I got a locket. :p

riverly
04-19-16, 10:18 AM
I know we all have a somewhat different way of playing the game, but the chance to craft alicorns in the mythic research center is awesome! I restrained myself and only crafted 2, but am looking forward to what it may hold next hunting season.
I don't recall needing gems for the
MRC. I only used tokens.

kdmusgrove
04-19-16, 10:20 AM
I am on android, and i actually wholeheartedly agree with this...though the Baron's Tent would be super awesome to have someday...

This hunt was amazing, I had so much fun with it. i actually have a total of 35 coins, and from android, that's so great (used to be like a total of three, maybe, per hunt). Also that mythic research center? OMG I cannot wait till I get one! :D Actually, now that i think about it, i got 40 coins by the end, because i am a sucker for the storyline, I got a locket. :p

:) I got the locket too. I just know there will be a reason for having it sooner or later.

ShibuyaCloth
04-19-16, 11:07 AM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701074.png_2v_31020.png
Princess Lorelei's Fountain (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_PrincessLoreleisFountain)
Info: A pond built so all may marvel at the beauty of the mermaid Princess Lorelei's Sapphire.
Type: Decoration
Source: Purchase
Crafted in: Trade Wagon
Size: 2x2
Requirements: 2 Princess Lorelei's Sapphire
Drops: Coins, Water, Mermaid Scale, Troll Token
Events: Monster Hunt
Timer: 300 minutes // 5 hours
Speed-up: 20 gems
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88366
Comments: Only drop Tokens during Monster Hunt events.

Don't have the craft time in the wagon :(

arikasi
04-19-16, 01:02 PM
Two suggestions for S8:

Due to the large amount of gold coins spent on Lorelei's fountain it would be great if it also dropped coins out of season. It has a low chance of dropping them, collecting from it only in season does not begin to pay for itself.

Then I agree with the comment above that if someone has bought the Beastbane display they should be able to keep the coin trades in their wagon out of season.

kdmusgrove
04-19-16, 03:07 PM
Two suggestions for S8:

Due to the large amount of gold coins spent on Lorelei's fountain it would be great if it also dropped coins out of season. It has a low chance of dropping them, collecting from it only in season does not begin to pay for itself.

Then I agree with the comment above that if someone has bought the Beastbane display they should be able to keep the coin trades in their wagon out of season.

I may have just got lucky, but my fountain more than paid for itself by the second time around. I think they won't let it continue to drop tokens out of season because we did not spend gems to get it. And obviously their goal is to get you to spend gems (money), it is a business.

Snowtiger333
04-19-16, 04:08 PM
Great event :).

i got the mythical research center instead of the cooking camp. the alicorns are awesome. I was always running out of energy and had to choose to harvest or collect from buildings or resources (i cannot play all day long so even though energy rebuilds after two hours, i cant keep checking in.) with the alicorns, i can get them all.

Btw, for those new to the monster hunt, you dont get enough gold coins to buy the items in the trade wagon in one season, it takes 4 or 5.

I could not get the beastbane display because i had just bought the fortune teller tent, magic fruit tree and an alicorn from barons tent. I am hoping for a good sale for the display (and that i have enough gems when/if it happens).

I do agree that if someone bought the beastbane display, there should be a way to exchange tokens. Maybe add a special trade of switch out 100 shield tokens for one gold, or sword tokens, or similar.

I dont remember the number of gold coins required for lorelei fountain. I didnt get it for a chance to drop a gold coin. When they say "a chance", i always think "oh that means pretty much never". I got the fountain to finish the storyline. It would be great if it did drop coins out of season....

SpiritWind00
04-19-16, 04:34 PM
I just collected from the lucky trade and it dropped a troll token! First time I've gotten anything except money from it (although I did get that 1 mermaid scale once!). One token closer..... for all of the times you don't get something you need from the trade, the one time is worth it.

At least it's another (super rare) source out of season. :)

Lurker2
04-19-16, 04:47 PM
@ShibuyaCloth,

I think the crafting time for the fountain was one hour.

brock6789
04-19-16, 06:36 PM
I got the mythic research center. Now that season 5 is over how can I get the tokens to create things in my research center. Anyone know.

snowyhillz
04-19-16, 07:08 PM
I think the beastbane display is the only thing that drops tokens between seasons.... You will need to wait til season 6 now

LocalNews
04-20-16, 09:39 AM
I got the MRC instead of trying to obtain the cooking camp. Glad I did since I was able to get three mythic alicorns from the event. I did have to use some gold but the alicorns each give 40 energy. This has been most helpful. I did get the beastbane display and did get a few gold tokens from it. Now I am at zero tokens. I did buy the Lorelei locket but not sure it was worth the tokens since nothing has happened since I crafted it. I am thinking the next item to save for will be the extra cabbage hut but I have a long way to go for that now. Not sure if a mythic dragon is worth it but I might craft one if I get three gold tokens from the beastbane display before season 6 starts. Anybody have any opinions on that?

riverly
04-20-16, 09:56 AM
I got 2 purple alicorns and 1 purple dragon- I couldn't pass an extra dragon!!! I'm going to go for the cabbage hut just to add another element to game playing. I'm hanging on to any gold tokens that I can get right now. I ended the season with 40 gold tokens.

Just wanted to add that I have participated in all the hunts so far and was almost to the cooking camp until this season and that's why I was able to have extra tokens saved up. I put the cooking camp goal on the back burner so to speak.

CharmOfLea
04-20-16, 10:16 AM
Ehehehe I just noticed this last novice challenge goal.

It seems it would stay there with me till the next hunt. :)

tuffyjkitten
04-20-16, 10:56 AM
Ehehehe I just noticed this last novice challenge goal.

It seems it would stay there with me till the next hunt. :)

Mine is still there as well. Have yet to find a skunkie or fangbeast to see if it will complete.

CharmOfLea
04-20-16, 11:24 AM
Mine is still there as well. Have yet to find a skunkie or fangbeast to see if it will complete.

It's weird that it doesn't have a chance to expire. :)

I wouldn't know if it'd complete. I had to park a troll in the corner again. I had forgotten to do so and at first post hunt log in within 15 clicks 3 dire boars appeared. I worked around the third one until my troll recharged. These beasts are real pests during usual play. Next time I'll be meeting them, they would all have gone into hiding refusing to show up. Real prima donnas. :D But I'm glad S8 managed to turn the hunts into real fun. Now, it'll get real complicated if the traders would start offering a fourth exciting building...

arikasi
04-20-16, 12:57 PM
When you have the energy to collect whatever you like, this game becomes way more fun again. Really enjoying this update.

roguebee
04-20-16, 02:27 PM

I still have that goal in my book and Yes, if you beat up a fangbeast or skunkupine, it shows progress towards the goal.

federerGOAT
04-20-16, 05:19 PM
I was sick and hospitalised for the last four days of the hunt, so that's a lot of troll tokens I've missed out on.
Anyway, since I've been home i cannot play on my old device anymore. I can see the splash screen at the start and then get kicked back out.
Is it because I still have the old version and have not updated to the March 23rd version?

SpiritWind00
04-20-16, 05:28 PM
I was sick and hospitalised for the last four days of the hunt, so that's a lot of troll tokens I've missed out on.
Anyway, since I've been home i cannot play on my old device anymore. I can see the splash screen at the start and then get kicked back out.
Is it because I still have the old version and have not updated to the March 23rd version?
I'm sorry to hear you've not been well... We all hope you're on the mend :)

The game version doesn't matter in regards to opening the app. It's important for content only. What we've done so far since the last update doesn't seem to have triggered the requirement to upgrade yet (if you haven't). It's more likely to do with either your device or the wifi strength, or your ISP. Add your name over in bugs forum I you want to as the list of player reports not being able to access their games is growing unfortunately.

federerGOAT
04-20-16, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the quick replay SW00.

Recovering well from gall stone surgery. The two days and nights of intense pain before diagnosis was the worst!

Will venture to the bugs forum and add my name.

cavegirl1
04-20-16, 08:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear you've not been well... We all hope you're on the mend :)

The game version doesn't matter in regards to opening the app. It's important for content only. What we've done so far since the last update doesn't seem to have triggered the requirement to upgrade yet (if you haven't). It's more likely to do with either your device or the wifi strength, or your ISP. Add your name over in bugs forum I you want to as the list of player reports not being able to access their games is growing unfortunately.

I play on an iPad and had to upgrade to the latest version yesterday (had been avoiding it due to the gem trap), as the game said it was no longer supported on the previous version.

SpiritWind00
04-20-16, 08:17 PM
I play on an iPad and had to upgrade to the latest version yesterday (had been avoiding it due to the gem trap), as the game said it was no longer supported on the previous version.

Ok, thanks! This must be because something is coming tomorrow then! :)

Elen4070
04-21-16, 04:14 AM

They reverted the no energy gem trap to the old small popup at the bottom of the screen, so no more worries on updating for that reason! I'm so glad they listened to us and changed it back!

southernlight88
04-21-16, 06:58 AM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701074.png_2v_31020.png
Princess Lorelei's Fountain (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_PrincessLoreleisFountain)
Info: A pond built so all may marvel at the beauty of the mermaid Princess Lorelei's Sapphire.
Type: Decoration
Source: Purchase
Crafted in: Trade Wagon
Size: 2x2
Requirements: 2 Princess Lorelei's Sapphire
Drops: Coins, Water, Mermaid Scale, Troll Token
Events: Monster Hunt
Timer: 300 minutes // 5 hours
Speed-up: 20 gems
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88366
Comments: Only drop Tokens during Monster Hunt events.

Don't have the craft time in the wagon :(

The fountain don't even appear in my trade wagon. I only have exchange of gold token for sapphire. Is this a bug in my trade wagon? the princess lorelei fountain goal is still in my Kingdom Goals though..

room27
04-21-16, 07:46 AM
The fountain don't even appear in my trade wagon. I only have exchange of gold token for sapphire. Is this a bug in my trade wagon? the princess lorelei fountain goal is still in my Kingdom Goals though..

First, you have to craft the two sapphires. Once you have them, the option to craft the fountain shows up. I don't remember exactly, but I think the actual fountain gets crafted in the workshop.

southernlight88
04-21-16, 09:11 AM

First, you have to craft the two sapphires. Once you have them, the option to craft the fountain shows up. I don't remember exactly, but I think the actual fountain gets crafted in the workshop.

Oh I see, thanks for clarifying :)

kdmusgrove
04-21-16, 09:50 AM
They reverted the no energy gem trap to the old small popup at the bottom of the screen, so no more worries on updating for that reason! I'm so glad they listened to us and changed it back!

Me too!!!! :)

anissada
04-21-16, 12:54 PM

sorry... i laughed.. you use gems to buy your missing gold coin to craft the MCR..
but why??? cause for a dragon oyu ned 3 gold coins and for an ali 5

anissada
04-21-16, 12:58 PM

hmz.. no idea what or how it happened, but all at once the game on my phone, which was laying beside me, screen black and locked, had taken 250 gems for a bit of coins, when i woke up my phone... frustrating, cause i totally do not needed more coins, as i have 33 MILLION already...

CharmOfLea
04-21-16, 01:31 PM
hmz.. no idea what or how it happened, but all at once the game on my phone, which was laying beside me, screen black and locked, had taken 250 gems for a bit of coins, when i woke up my phone... frustrating, cause i totally do not needed more coins, as i have 33 MILLION already...

2.5.0. gems O.O nooooo...

maz3girl
04-21-16, 03:13 PM
I have a Daily Hunt task stuck in my Goal Book. I've tried to force close and it won't go away. Anyone else?

moonchild1987
04-21-16, 03:31 PM
@maz3girl-I had a novice goal in my book after we finished the monster hunt. I completed it 24hrs afterwards and it still gave me tokens. Have you tried to finish it?

roguebee
04-21-16, 07:43 PM
I have a Daily Hunt task stuck in my Goal Book. I've tried to force close and it won't go away. Anyone else?

It will stay until you finish it. And you'll get a few staff tokens when you complete it.

totalwasteoftime
04-21-16, 09:27 PM
Have to say I'm so glad I was in the 60s of gold tokens when we started this season because I don't really need an additional kitchen but am sooooooo happy with the MRC and the Ali I crafted during the event plus the one I paid 50 gems for because I was one token short after the event. I love the glimmer alicorns!!

So I don't want to sound ungrateful when I say "what's with the Training Dummy??" It only dropped 100 coins + 1 XP during the season (neither of which I need!) and that's all it's dropped for me since. Is it supposed to do something more? Either during the event or after? Or will it be like the previous statues that were at first decorative and then dropped tokens in a later season? Forgive me if it's already posted somewhere and I haven't found the info, but does anyone know?

SpiritWind00
04-21-16, 10:16 PM
Have to say I'm so glad I was in the 60s of gold tokens when we started this season because I don't really need an additional kitchen but am sooooooo happy with the MRC and the Ali I crafted during the event plus the one I paid 50 gems for because I was one token short after the event. I love the glimmer alicorns!!

So I don't want to sound ungrateful when I say "what's with the Training Dummy??" It only dropped 100 coins + 1 XP during the season (neither of which I need!) and that's all it's dropped for me since. Is it supposed to do something more? Either during the event or after? Or will it be like the previous statues that were at first decorative and then dropped tokens in a later season? Forgive me if it's already posted somewhere and I haven't found the info, but does anyone know?
:) the Training Dummy only ever dropped money coins in season, so it's basically deco. It doesn't drop tokens... :)

Elen4070
04-22-16, 09:53 PM
My beast bane display has so far dropped two or three gold tokens, so I'm not complaining!30397

ladyperidot
04-23-16, 05:07 AM
:) the Training Dummy only ever dropped money coins in season, so it's basically deco. It doesn't drop tokens... :)

Mine spawned one fang beast, AFTER the monster hunt was over. It may be headed to storage

ggfdddgh
04-23-16, 09:52 PM
My glimmer dragon just dropped two gems. Didn't see it listed as a possibility in the original event thread.

SpiritWind00
04-23-16, 10:20 PM
My glimmer dragon just dropped two gems. Didn't see it listed as a possibility in the original event thread.

wow! no it wasn't posted... lucky you! :) I'll add that to the lnventory Guide. thanks!

jbfps116
04-24-16, 06:51 AM
theoretically they should have made the glimmer dragon drop gems MORE OFTEN compared to the orange dragon to be more special. the glimmer alicorn is SEVEN times more valuable than the 600 gem white alicorns! They should have beefed up the purple dragons too...

room27
04-26-16, 10:30 AM
Don't remember exactly, but I think it's one week since the event ended. In that time, I've received staff tokens most days, and TWO gold troll tokens from my beastbane display! Plus, I received one gold token during the event. IMHO, this was a great purchase.

Tiggerddh
04-28-16, 05:01 PM
Don't remember exactly, but I think it's one week since the event ended. In that time, I've received staff tokens most days, and TWO gold troll tokens from my beastbane display! Plus, I received one gold token during the event. IMHO, this was a great purchase.
I've received the exact same drops and am very happy with this purchase.

jaymieb2
05-04-16, 01:38 PM
I bought the Beast Bane Display - with cash - after the rebate ended (but it was still during the Monster Hunt). I have collected from it every single day, and have not received any gold troll tokens. Am VERY frustrated.

:-(

I would be okay with one gold troll collection per week, but zero in about three weeks is ridiculous.

Radegast1
05-04-16, 03:02 PM
Got four the first week after the monster hunt but only 1 since

ancsab
05-05-16, 03:06 PM
what the heck happened that now i need 50 gold tokens to get an alicorn , this morning it was still 5.
anyone knows?

Sandybellee
05-05-16, 03:14 PM
So the Glimmer Alicorn now costs 50 gold troll tokens to craft instead of 5! :(

I'm upset with myself for not making more of them while I had the chance... Should have known it was too good to last.

Sandybellee
05-05-16, 03:18 PM
Apparently that was today's update.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-05-16, 03:28 PM

I'm upset with myself for not making more of them while I had the chance... Should have known it was too good to last.
Yep ...and *one time only* ... Boo!!!

jbfps116
05-05-16, 04:29 PM
Hello tl and to whom it may concern: I blew tons of money to get the research center and crafted 4 alicorns... Now on the last one the option to craft an alicorn disappeared! (Not to mention I got the beastbane too!!) this is SO WRONG. YOU SHOULD GIVE BACK THE OPTION TO CRAFT THE ALICORNS!!! You let so many players down. Seriously? I thought you would have learned after the wedding alicorn fiasco. Alicorns are the only reason I got the beastbane and GAVE YOU MONEY. PLEASE ADDRESS THIS SCANDAL.

memphisgirl
05-05-16, 04:38 PM
Wasted my last gems on Beastbane! I hate myself now... 50 tokens for an ali? Seriously, I really hope its an error

room27
05-05-16, 04:54 PM
I sincerely apologize to anyone who read my previous post and was encouraged to buy the beastbane from it. I did not know that S8, ONCE AGAIN, was going to change the rules midstream. This is like the wedding alicorn again, and the buildings that disappeared in the night.

I will no longer save coins for the MRC. They can keep their purple alicorns and manticores! And I sincerely hope that all my fellow players and neighbors get to keep the ones they already have. Bait and switch is right. Untrustworthy.

jopik
05-05-16, 04:59 PM
I think they just tried to sell the beastbane! the last hunt season said that you can craft glimmer animals ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE BEASTBANE, and many people bought it!
And now that enough players bought it, TL decided to change the craft rules... That's kinda unfair.

05-05-16, 05:03 PM
Ok, im fine with my five glimmer alis.
BUT, for those who haven't yet got the ali, they can only get one?! I mean, they have no choice... I just feel bad for them thats it

room27
05-05-16, 05:08 PM
Ok, im fine with my five glimmer alis.
BUT, for those who haven't yet got the ali, they can only get one?! I mean, they have no choice... I just feel bad for them thats it

They can only get one. AND it's going to cost us ten times as much for that one. Another way to look at it is to pay twice for one for what it cost others for five.

Not just unfair, downright mean. The change is drastic, an overreaction. Unreasonable.

Eclipse444
05-05-16, 05:16 PM
I hope this is not off topic, but I'm a confused android player. 35 gold tokens after participating in all monster hunts! Not great, but I also have that princess fountain. My question is does the "update" affect the troll cooking camp? While a lot of alicorn energy sounds great, the last update was difficult without more energy, I still am trying for that camp first. Does it cost coins to craft food in the camp? Help! Thank you!

nessa005
05-05-16, 05:24 PM
SO peeved, you don't change the rules in the middle of the game! I was working on the MRC and still have a long way to go and now it will take SO many extra gold coins to get 1 Ali. this could be the end of the game for me. A pure cash grab! I'm not buying into this.

garysafb3
05-05-16, 05:33 PM
I hope this is not off topic, but I'm a confused android player. 35 gold tokens after participating in all monster hunts! Not great, but I also have that princess fountain. My question is does the "update" affect the troll cooking camp? While a lot of alicorn energy sounds great, the last update was difficult without more energy, I still am trying for that camp first. Does it cost coins to craft food in the camp? Help! Thank you!

No, it does not cost coins to craft in the cooking camp. The cooking camp is just like your kitchens or winter backery.

chewingthecud
05-05-16, 05:41 PM
Hello S8. I bought the Beastbane display and Mythic Research Centre based on what was being offered at a certain price - aka an investment in the game based on the advantage it will bring me in the future. I know you have every right to change the cost of your products however to make such a drastic change to the price of the Glimmer Alicorn (10x the original) so soon after offering the options to buy is really not fair and quite predatory. This is not the way to ensure customer satisfaction let alone customer loyalty. Sorry but not happy.:(

garysafb3
05-05-16, 05:55 PM
Hello S8. I bought the Beastbane display and Mythic Research Centre based on what was being offered at a certain price - aka an investment in the game based on the advantage it will bring me in the future. I know you have every right to change the cost of your products however to make such a drastic change to the price of the Glimmer Alicorn (10x the original) so soon after offering the options to buy is really not fair and quite predatory. This is not the way to ensure customer satisfaction let alone customer loyalty. Sorry but not happy.:(

I totally agree. We had to buy this 2 items with gems and they were not cheap. It would be different if we got these items in a quest or community prize. I'm not happy either. I feel betrayed.

bald1e
05-05-16, 05:58 PM
Very upset with this new rule change and would advise anyone thinking of buying the beastbane not to bother now it costs 10 times the cost of gold coins to craft an aliciorn.
P's: Sorry if my comments in the sneak peek thread was offensive because I thought using astrexes instead of the whole word was OK, Just that I'm so furious with all these new rule changes after we have spent all our time building and buying something with our gems to then have wasted them on something which we wouldnt have bought if we had known S8 would change the amount of resources to build an item with a few weeks later, Funny how I've not noticed a change in other amounts needed to craft an item like a block or royal block but feel the need to for the alicorn I guess S8 must of thought they were losing out on people not buying 400 gems for the normal alicorn and stabbed us in the back regardless that we wasted it on the mystical research center because I wouldnt have bought it otherwise and still have them gold coins for the cooking camp which I was saving months for.

paisdelasmaravillas
05-05-16, 05:58 PM
To change the rules of a game at the middle of the game it's not very good, in every case

With this rule of three at the middle of a football game the referrer could change the rules and says that the game me finish at minute 50 or at the minute 120, or says that only count goals of head, or... Change the rules.

The balloon is mine and that's been a goal

S8, you aren't playing clean

Many of us, I, spent a lot of gems in the beastbane display after get the mythic research center, considering the conditions... Now this condition has been changed.

If I consider the actual conditions surely I wouldn't spent any gem in the beastbane display

Many of us talk about the beastbane display thinking that it was Another gem trap... Finally it has been another gem trap

What's the next... Offer a animal that gives 50 energy every 2 hours by 400 gems... Every one buys it... The next week change the drop to 5 energy each day. Now I will not believe anything new

bald1e
05-05-16, 06:08 PM
Can I change the rules and ask for 50% of the money back I have spent on this game now its been a few weeks since I purchased some gems.
Don't think you would accept them changes but we do so says it all really.

Pm me if you know of similar game coz im sadly going off this game.

rembetiko
05-05-16, 06:14 PM
I totally agree. We had to buy this 2 items with gems and they were not cheap. It would be different if we got these items in a quest or community prize. I'm not happy either. I feel betrayed.

I think we also can now only craft one more purple alicorn in the Mythic Research Center. So it is quite useless now.

rembetiko
05-05-16, 06:22 PM
And in addition, it seems now it is only possible to craft one alicorn after which this option won't be available any more.

So I guess we learned an important lesson today.

garysafb3
05-05-16, 06:28 PM
I think we also can now only craft one more purple alicorn in the Mythic Research Center. So it is quite useless now.

Good point! Another useless building going into storage. So sad how things have changed in this once awesome game.

jbfps116
05-05-16, 07:06 PM
Last night I crafted my fourth alicorn for 5 tokens. This morning I placed it and went to make another and the option to craft alicorns is gone. Only useless dragons. How sick. How retarded.

vanessapee
05-05-16, 07:07 PM
Just noticed the 50 tokens change... really hoped it to be a mistake...
Can't believe it seriously

Any word from TL?

Ps. Theres a new CS update in AppStore 30692

roguebee
05-05-16, 07:17 PM
I'm glad I still have my two. Hopefully, one won't join the kidnapped wedding alicorns...

riverly
05-05-16, 07:20 PM
No word from s8. That might be the saddest part. No one wants to explain to us the reasoning behind this move. They just dumped it on us with no warning or explanation. IMO if they hadn't made it so hard to get an alicorn in the first place all of this could have been avoided but instead they focus on super rare drops that just brings another level of frustration to the game, and what is the deal of getting worthless stuff after a resource extensive quest.

bald1e
05-05-16, 07:29 PM
Oh well I don't want anymore dragons so looks like its going into storage like the fortune teller tent (250 gems) which S8 also changed the rules on regarding chopping and selling the logs.

vlspd
05-05-16, 07:30 PM
Just noticed the 50 tokens change... really hoped it to be a mistake...
Can't believe it seriously

Ps. Theres a new CS update in AppStore 30692

Thanks, just updated. It says there ll be new unique dragon But with the latest sad news im not so happy anyway

Seriously700
05-05-16, 07:37 PM
Based on the premise that people could craft multiple alicorns for 5 gold coins, loyal players made decisions about how to spend their money/gems -- on beast bane displays, on speeding up various collections during the monster hunt, on energy and coin packs.

This is not right.

Daph499
05-05-16, 07:55 PM
Sorry, realized I was wrong in what I posted!

meme1098
05-05-16, 08:05 PM
May have to do with the app update mentioned on the previous page.

I have auto updates & the app icon has changed.

We may be getting our regular Thursday update on Friday, I'm guessing.

figththefire
05-05-16, 08:55 PM
Would be nice to hear from S8, why they did that?
Because ali dropping 40 energy a day is too much for us?
Because no one wants to buy the 600 gems alicorns anymore ?

I hate to complain, but How Not to complain if you do whatever you want...

CatSS4
05-05-16, 09:05 PM
Dear Team Lava, someone needs to look at your profit margin. The purple Alicorns use to cost 5
Gold coins - I was willing to use my gems to help get to 5 gold coins@ 50 gems each - spent 500 gems on 2 purple alicorns.
The price was just raised to 50 gold coins - what do you think the likelihood of me to spend 50 x 50=2500 gems to build one aliconr- not likely.
So previously, I would consider spending 250 gems, and would probably buy a couple of them - at least 1000 gems or more. Of course that would mean I would need to buy gems, therefore a profit to TL. And I have quite a few neighbors who are also willing to do this, definitely profit for TL. But now, at a cost of 2500 gems for 1 alicorn-you will not get any profit, as I will pay that for one alicorn. Therefore, no profit for TL
What you have done is to really encourage me to quit CS. I have already quit FS & RS. So with this new evidence of greed - likely I will be gone once I finish this current task. See you later TL

Jeremiah425
05-05-16, 09:30 PM
Whoa. I just noticed this. That is insane. I wouldn't of bought the mystic research center if this was the case.

riverly
05-05-16, 09:32 PM
Regarding new update-- a coliseum for beast--- sounds like a version of another..........petting zoo. Ew.

Elen4070
05-05-16, 10:33 PM
Omg. OMG. O. M. G. I had put away my Mythic centre to save up gold coins, but I was definitely planning to spend gems to "hurry along" some more alicorns.

I have played since 2012 and spent a couple THOUSAND dollars on this game. I am 99% satisfied with this game.No, correct that. I WAS 99% satisfied. This was a bad move, s8.
I know the purple Ali was too cheap, as a mistake or maybe a limited time discount. Either way, changing it without notice is a rude move (and I'm seriously trying to avoid cuss words in this post). You could have made a popup announcing it was on five gold troll tokens for a limited time, not just change it.

CatSS4 is right. You're gonna lose PAYING clients. I will not pay 50 gold tokens in gems. Five, of course. Ten? Sure. Even fifteen. Fifty? Not even joking.
Simply because I'd rather spend merely 400 gems to craft more white alis in my love shack. It's not quite about the price (seven love-shack crafted alicorns will cost 2800 gems [400 X 7] and produce the same energy of one purple, at 2500, yes, math is on your side on that). It's about MICRO transactions. It's NOT micro if I have to click BUY 49 or 50 times, spending 2450 or 2500 gems amounting to about 100 DOLLARS. Where's the MICRO in that? Console games are cheaper than that on steam.

Why do you think so many people buy a Starbucks Coffee every day but don't treat themselves to a luxury dinner even once a month? MICRO TRANSACTIONS. I have nearly 60 white alicorns. At about 300 gems apiece (because some had either the wing or horn dropped from the love adventure), that's 18,000 gems and about 600 dollars from me. But at 10 dollars per alicorn, not ONE HUNDRED.

I can willingly spend 10-30 dollars a month in this game. But if you expect me or any other paying customers to drop a hundred dollars in a single transaction, you're seeing this the wrong way and you need to change your strategy.

arikasi
05-05-16, 11:11 PM
So we can only buy one purple alicorn now? For 50 gold coins and then the option to buy it disappears from the research center.

I would never have bought the beast bane knowing the mythic research center would only allow you to buy one of each item in it.

I can understand modifying the coins to buy the purple alicorn but not without notification, and not to make it one use only.

I really wonder why I keep being surprised that these same type of shenanigans happen, over and over.

Elen4070
05-05-16, 11:29 PM
So we can only buy one purple alicorn now? For 50 gold coins and then the option to buy it disappears from the research center.

I would never have bought the beast bane knowing the mythic research center would only allow you to buy one of each item in it.

I can understand modifying the coins to buy the purple alicorn but not without notification, and not to make it one use only.

I really wonder why I keep being surprised that these same type of shenanigans happen, over and over.

What is up with this, S8? You disappointed your player base with the glimmer egg fiasco, then somewhat corrected it. Then you DELIGHTED US ALL with a marvelous monster hunt and great additions, including the purple Ali. And now this? One time craft? A 1000% (one thousand percent) increase?

This is what I am hoping happened:

S8 is writing code for next week's update, and they're testing it out. PikaSquirrel said they were working on making things ready and working for next week's update. So, somehow THE CODE GOT MESSED UP AND SPLASHED ONTO MYTHICAL CENTER CODE AND AFFECTED THE PURPLE ALICORN INFORMATION AND MADE IT GO ONE-TIME CRAFT AND COST TEN TIMES MORE, AND IT WAS ALL A MISTAKE AND WILL BE CORRECTED ASAP.

Because it doesn't make sense any other way.

starcontrol
05-05-16, 11:30 PM
I do think they miscalculated with the purple alicorns by making them too powerful. Speaking as someone who invested quite a bit in the white alicorns, it was like having my investment invalidated to suddenly have purple alicorns that are 7x more powerful and basically free. But the way to fix that is to put the purple alicorns on parity with all the others, so that they drop energy like either a pinky or a white one. I paid $15 to get enough gems for that Beastbane display (I was cleaned out from the recent new gem trap) and the only reason I got it was so that I could make purple alicorns. Now I feel like I was ripped off, especially with this following hard on the heels of that ridiculous energy gem trap. I think they ought to give all of us Beastbane owners a 200 gem rebate!

figththefire
05-05-16, 11:48 PM
What is up with this, S8? You disappointed your player base with the glimmer egg fiasco, then somewhat corrected it. Then you DELIGHTED US ALL with a marvelous monster hunt and great additions, including the purple Ali. And now this? One time craft? A 1000% (one thousand percent) increase?

S8 is writing code for next week's update, and they're testing it out. PikaSquirrel said they were working on making things ready and working for next week's update. So, somehow THE CODE GOT MESSED UP AND SPLASHED ONTO MYTHICAL CENTER CODE AND AFFECTED THE PURPLE ALICORN INFORMATION AND MADE IT GO ONE-TIME CRAFT AND COST TEN TIMES MORE, AND IT WAS ALL A MISTAKE AND WILL BE CORRECTED ASAP.

That's what i m hoping for too! I know it sounds too silly but Maybe Somehow it's actually an unintentional error...:confused:

paisdelasmaravillas
05-05-16, 11:56 PM
Miscalculated... No!
very well calculated!
if they had put this price from the beginning no one would have bought the beastbane and the MRC, and no one would would have spent a lot of gems and many money in that items.
They sells a very interesting item and every body bought it. After this they change the characteristic of the item to make that item totally useless

Thorgal
05-06-16, 12:06 AM
Miscalculated... No!
very well calculated!
if they had put this price from the beginning no one would have bought the beastbane and the MRC, and no one would would have spent a lot of gems and many money in that items.
They sells a very interesting item and every body bought it. After this they change the characteristic of the item to make that item totally useless

Totally agree!

AinoDK
05-06-16, 12:12 AM
Was too mad to write last night, I Would not have been able to obey forum rules.

For different reasons I had missed out on two monster hunts, but was slowly saving up for a kitchen (my fifth so no hurry). Then came the MRC. Yay! When the hunt ended I had the MRC with 3 gold coins left. Was really tempted to buy a couple of purple alis but resisted. What I like of these games is to work my way towards goals and earn the prizes. Besides there was no time limit and monster hunts were guaranteed to reappear. The plan was 2 purple alis, the locket, maybe a purple dragon to have a complete set, and then back to saving up for the kitchen.

Well my kingdom can now stay purple-free!!

katbtodd
05-06-16, 01:11 AM
Really come on S/8 is this a bug or did you jump up that much.. 5 to 50 is huge
Help Spirt can you check this for us

Sandybellee
05-06-16, 01:43 AM
Really come on S/8 is this a bug or did you jump up that much.. 5 to 50 is huge
Help Spirt can you check this for us

And you can only craft one.

Sandybellee
05-06-16, 01:50 AM
I don't even feel like opening the game anymore now... I understand that it was probably too much energy too easily but if they're going to allow us to craft only one (more) they should at least have left the price at 5 tokens AND introduced a new craftable Ali to take its place.

nubemet
05-06-16, 01:52 AM
Really disappointing - Nerf to the bane and the cost.

It would be fair if we could "sell" back items that changes.

Feels like a trend lately...

:(

azriX2012
05-06-16, 02:17 AM
Why do you keep playing with us? This is terrible S8. Just terrible.

We're EXTREMELLY disappointed and mad!

I've also changed my app store review to 1 star and explained why.

parlski
05-06-16, 02:47 AM
disappointed, but not surprised. I guess we did get an update last night

SpiritWind00
05-06-16, 02:49 AM
I've posted in a few places, but please be patient while we wait for a response from S8.... thanks.

katbtodd
05-06-16, 03:42 AM

You may be right.some thing was mention in the app up date that we are getting a speacil dragon ..

riverly
05-06-16, 06:28 AM
Ok, I may get razzed, but I'm using my beast bane to collect tokens for the cabbage hut so it is not worthless to me BUT this move was a bad call all in all for those who didn't have any chance in you know where to get the p Ali. Should have kept it the same for all players. I did get p Ali's and I hate it when other players can't accomplish their goals.

transberry
05-06-16, 06:43 AM
You took our 2nd wedding Ali's

Leave it at 50 gold, but take away all but first alis made to make it fair to all players

Let them craft as many as they want for the 50 gold tokens

That's equivalent to the love shack Ali which takes 2 years to find wing

riverly
05-06-16, 06:47 AM

Leave it at 50 gold, but take away all but first alis made to make it fair to all players

That's equivalent to the love shack Ali which takes 2 years to find wingthat could work, but that would make a lot of players mad too. For me I haven't used the energy from p Ali's for a long time.

Tiggerddh
05-06-16, 06:48 AM
Ok, I may get razzed, but I'm using my beast bane to collect tokens for the cabbage hut so it is not worthless to me BUT this move was a bad call all in all for those who didn't have any chance in you know where to get the p Ali. Should have kept it the same for all players. I did get p Ali's and I hate it when other players can't accomplish their goals.

I'm really irritated. I was just about to give them a better rating before they did this now it's staying at the 1 star rating. I'm curious now that they have put a limit on the alicorn if they will go back and steal all the extra ones from kingdoms in the middle of the night like they did for the wedding alicorn. At this point I don't put anything past them.

meme1098
05-06-16, 06:52 AM
Well, did anyone get the changes mentioned in the last update? Not me. And did anyone read about the REAL CHANGES in the update description? Check the description one more time...

The app update comes out early to get everyone ready for the actual game update later. I'm guessing there'll be an update today around the usual time.
Not very enthusiastic about it though. Looks like more monster whacking which just gets old after awhile.
And another building with the name 'colosseum' so it's gonna take up lots of space.

PrincessCupOButter
05-06-16, 07:38 AM

So by that reasoning, if S8 should take away the purple Alis to make it 'fair' for all players, then they should also take away the love shack and all white Alis from everyone who crafted them. After all, it isn't fair to those of us who will never have a love shack or the chance to craft white Alis and pink animals and plants. Not to mention the summer gazebo, harvest pergola, bountiful table, and the new fairy too. In order to be fair, everything that was a limited time quest that not EVERY player has....needs to go!

I'm just as angry and upset by this latest shady action as everyone else, but the bottom line is, the game is not fair. Life is not fair. There will ALWAYS be someone who has more, bigger, better.
I hope they rethink this decision and change it back, but I also don't want to see players who earned, gained or purchased items in this game lose them just because not everyone can have them. Because that wouldn't be very fair either!

I spend very little money playing this game. And every time something like this happens, I spend even less. But the truth is, for every one of us who quits, or stops spending, another 10, 20, 100 or 1000 people start playing. The developers don't care if I quit. Someone else will take my place. I can complain (and I do!) and I can leave a poor rating, but as long as they keep making money, they will keep doing exactly what they just did.

azriX2012
05-06-16, 07:48 AM
You really started a 'storm' S8... and I'm sure less and less players are going to spend money on this game. How can we trust you after this scam? It's fiasco after fiasco latelly... who knows if you're going to lie again to us with the next update???

"Thanks for contacting Storm8 Support. We are currently experiencing a high volume of tickets." Lol i wonder why...

rembetiko
05-06-16, 08:05 AM

No. 50 troll tokens is way too much. It takes forever to collect those. 10 would be the upper limit for me.

Taking away something from users would be the worst move. I have only one purple alicorn so far anyway, but this would really make me quit this game with all my accounts and I would never play any s8 game again. And I think I am a good customer, I spent a lot on in-app purchases over the last years.

katbtodd
05-06-16, 08:35 AM
May be this is a big mistake... Give Spirt time to report it ..thinking it may be something to do with the up date,, and the spacial dragon

lambbunny4
05-06-16, 08:55 AM
Although I did not earn or buy the MRC during the last hunt, I sympathize with the players who did. I have also spent real world money on this game, in frequent amounts, over the past year. I am able to justify it as an entertainment expense because I have thoroughly enjoyed this game.

As the months pass, I have noticed small but irritating gem trap/requirements that do not sit well with me but I have continued to play, as well as spend real world money, because my enjoyment outweighed the negative. However, this latest change is large scale and for those of us harboring past frustrations, it could be one that pushes players to the limit.

For me, it is not so much the change made, but the callousness and blatant disrespect it infers.

At the end of the day, it is S8's game, S8's decisions. The only thing a player has control over is whether or not we will continue to financially support them. I'm anxious to see how it will be addressed, if at all.

azriX2012
05-06-16, 09:19 AM
opened up my MRC and found that the option to create purple alicorns is gone?

This I don't understand, because although I have 4 Glimmer Alicorns I still have the option to craft "one more". Why do some already don't have the option to craft and others still do?

cyndora
05-06-16, 09:24 AM
This I don't understand, because although I have 4 Glimmer Alicorns I still have the option to craft "one more". Why do some already don't have the option to craft and others still do?

not sure either , the whole thing is jacked up.

no option to make the locket either. just the purple dragon.

maybe without them telling us , maybe there is a limit? maybe they look at the boards and think , oh that one has too many , that one has way to many, ok they have 2 they can make one more......at this point im starting to think THEY dont even know what they did. i do know that my wallet is sealed shut!!!

transberry
05-06-16, 09:35 AM
During the event and on first page it said alis would always be craft able

Not everyone got the craft building last hunt because we were told they'd always be craftable not limited

Love shack was limited

I wouldn't be ticked if they said a month ago get it now craft them now it's limited like the eggs were

fish63
05-06-16, 09:37 AM
We are all upset, but why would you think it is fair to take away my Ali's that I spent 250 gems to buy coins for. I have the bills to prove it! Yes, the price and limit of one is upsetting for everyone. I had planned on many more,but taking mine doesn't get you anything! Life is like that. Some have and some don't. It will never be the same for everyone, but you will be happier if you can be glad for those who have them and not jealous!This from an old lady who visits with her friends that I made on another game that they cancelled. So Ihave years of experience with the games they play!

ekat1985
05-06-16, 09:39 AM
I just wrote a very strongly worded post about all of this because I JUST crafted the mythic center yesterday, I've been waiting for 3 gold tokens to drop since the monster hunt ended and finally got them and was SO EXCITED to finally be able to build it, until I read these posts just now. But I erased it because a thought occurred to me, giving me very small GLIMMERdust of hope. Is it possible that crafting options in the mythic center (specifically the purple alicorn changes) have changed temporarily until the next monster hunt begins? Storm8 does make changes to the trade wagon in and out of season, so maybe this is just an out-of-season thing. After all nothing about this was mentioned in their rules for the hunt, in fact it was intentionally omitted if this is the case, because their FAQ addressed this exact issue and nothing was mentioned about the change, just that the center would be available to craft and fully functional out of season. Please please please someone tell me they aren't really this dirty and it's all just a ploy to get us to wait for the next monster hunt season?? Please ... :'(

P.S. I don't known what the kitchen building is like, but as support to our defense, has this kind of thing ever happened with the kitchen after crating it?

cyndora
05-06-16, 10:03 AM
May be they realized they made a mistake and they will put the purple Ali back right

i hope so. i know its not the end of the world, and we are all upset about it. but they never said this was coming, or the purple alicorns are limited, or you could only have so many. so why change it at all now is bizarre. not so hopeful at this moment but they can prove me wrong if they want . :)

katbtodd
05-06-16, 10:12 AM
i hope so. i know its not the end of the world, and we are all upset about it. but they never said this was coming, or the purple alicorns are limited, or you could only have so many. so why change it at all now is bizarre. not so hopeful at this moment but they can prove me wrong if they want . :)

I am hoping ..the mistake is ..that's where the special dragon will be , I have 8 purple dragons,,, and my option is still there but it say one only and for 50, no way ,, let's hope they will fix this , it's got to be a mistake ..it's got to be

room27
05-06-16, 10:24 AM
Look at us... fighting amongst ourselves. Maybe that's what S8 wants. If we're all arguing, they can get away with this travesty.

Whomever has an ali, whether it's white, pink, purple, yellow, green, or polka-dotted should be able to keep it. However they got it, whether it was waiting two years for a horn, through a quest, the barons tent, gems, or the MRC, they should be allowed to keep it. They got it by playing the game as it was when they played.

The problem is the S8 and the lack of principles. Please let's be kind to one another and support each other in complaining about this unfair event. Hopefully, though doubtful, it was a mistake. More than likely we'll get the infamous, "Bla, Bla economy of the game," like we did with the wedding alis. We are customers. We may not be able to control the game, but we can let our voices be heard.

Please, let's support each other in convincing S8 that this was not a good move. You'd think by now, they'd know not to mess with alcorns. We take them very seriously, and any time they mess with our alis, we get really upset!

jb7404
05-06-16, 10:55 AM
Lol, They messed up, that's all. I got 6 of the purple Alicorns. I have been crafting rope to prepare for the next hunt. I guess that was senseless. I was wondering why they were allowing us to collect so many. It had to of hurt their profits, they make money off of people paying for energy. They can't just give it away. Oh well, all good things must come to an end! Lol

Elen4070
05-06-16, 11:09 AM
I wonder about the silence from S8 in these almost 24 hours after the ("not") update. Specially since it's still a work day and not the weekend... We have a saying : "he who keeps quiet grants reason to the other party."

ktorewqas
05-06-16, 11:11 AM
I still have the option too craft glimmer Ali which is still 50 troll tokens :( really hope s8 change it back :mad:

memphisgirl
05-06-16, 11:18 AM
Lol, They messed up, that's all. I got 6 of the purple Alicorns. I have been crafting rope to prepare for the next hunt. I guess that was senseless. I was wondering why they were allowing us to collect so many. It had to of hurt their profits, they make money off of people paying for energy. They can't just give it away. Oh well, all good things must come to an end! Lol

I agree, when I first heard an ali give 40 energy a day , I thought
Omg, its too good to be true!
And now i see TL realized it.. Its too good for us, but too bad for their game economy ...

memphisgirl
05-06-16, 11:25 AM

I think, but not sure, that Those who by coincidence, crafted the ali the same time TL changed the rule- those players unintentionally crafted their last Ali. I mean if you started the craft around 12pm CA time- you crafted your last ali without knowing it

gunnysmum
05-06-16, 11:30 AM
i knew it. I spent cash and quickly crafted 9 of them. Sick of gem energy traps. Now I have 1300 energy ahead. The beast display have given me only 3 gold coins. As far as I am concerned they take advantage of us all the time....today I win. Never purchase anything for energy again. I am sorry for folks who waited. I don't mind spending money, just don't go in dry.

l03z
05-06-16, 11:39 AM
I was one gold coin away from the purple Ali, now 49! :mad:

midsom
05-06-16, 11:39 AM

This post really shocked me, the people with a lot of purple alis (not me :( ) paid for those, there is no way no matter how many white alis they bought they would find the gold troll tokens to craft them, so they got them cheap, good on them, we all had the opportunity to buy gold tokens and make as many as we wanted at five troll tokens, nobody stopped you buying the gems. Its not like the Barons tent where only some people get the chance to win a glimmer egg ali, it was fair.

The bottom line is if we had wanted them we should have bought the gems for them but i do think S8 have acted despicably

I seem to remeber quite a few posters, myself included, thought the purple ali was too good to be true :(

VersaceMorrow
05-06-16, 11:56 AM
More than likely we'll get the infamous, "Bla, Bla economy of the game," like we did with the wedding alis. We are customers. We may not be able to control the game, but we can let our voices be heard.

So I wasn't here during the whole wedding ali-gate scandal.....did they all just disappear, even if in storage? Or only for those who updated?

gunnysmum
05-06-16, 12:02 PM
i knew it. I spent cash and quickly crafted 9 of them. Sick of gem energy traps. Now I have 1300 energy ahead. The beast display have given me only 3 gold coins. As far as I am concerned they take advantage of us all the time....today I win. Never purchase anything for energy again. I am sorry for folks who waited. Oh please pm me a new game like this. I don't mind spending money, just don't go in dry.

I just checked the monthly revenue of this game. It makes about 13k day without advertising. (Go look at these numbers, esp candy crush.
I think they can afford to eat this mistake.

riverly
05-06-16, 12:11 PM
I am hopeful that the MRC will have other interesting things to trade our gold tokens for, but personally I am not interested in any more dragons and hopefully for reasonable exchanges. Not 50! At the moment I can't think of anything that would interest me, but maybe something different.

katbtodd
05-06-16, 12:16 PM
I am hopeful that the MRC will have other interesting things to trade our gold tokens for, but personally I am not interested in any more dragons and hopefully for reasonable exchanges. Not 50! At the moment I can't think of anything that would interest me, but maybe something different.

Wouldn't be wonderful for it to drop gems

ktorewqas
05-06-16, 12:24 PM
Wouldn't be wonderful for it to drop gemsthey might drop gems and s8 could take that away at any time again and again :p

Seriously700
05-06-16, 12:58 PM
I assume that S8 didn't intend for people to be able to craft an army of purple alicorns for 5 gold tokens each, equivalent to 250 gems.

But I think they went WAY TOO FAR to compensate for this. The MRC has a cost of 70 tokens, so you need a total of 120 tokens or 6000 gems to make a single purple alicorn now. That's insane!!

As it stands now, there are many people who spent 400 gems on the beastbane because the MRC provided an ongoing use of gold tokens. That is no longer the case. I personally don't think I would have bought the beastbane under the current circumstances.

Additionally, many people chose to spend their 70 gold troll tokens on the MRC because of the ongoing ability to craft more alicorns. I think many would have preferred to use the 70 gold tokens towards the cabbage hut or the kitchen.

Why didn't S8 just put a single purple alicorn in the regular trade wagon at a cost of 120 gold tokens? Why create a separate building that is being given a one time use (at least by many people, personally I have enough dragons and wouldn't spend such valuable tokens on getting another).

It's amazing that time and time again S8 makes these errors, and then attempts to "correct" them without notice and in ways that appear very underhanded and alienate so many players. Even those that may stick around, and even continue to pay money, are doing so with less enthusiasm.

S8, please, increase your QA staff. Form a player advisory committee that you can consult with whenever these types of incidents happen. Get a PR person to help with COMMUNICATION with your customers.

meme1098
05-06-16, 01:01 PM
Or actually do the goals by playing the game & many things will become quite obvious to you...

mymummy789
05-06-16, 01:05 PM
I definitely would not have bought the MRC OR spent 400 gems on the beastbane if I knew I could only craft one purple alicorn. My MRC is now in storage and I will be VERY careful what I decide to buy in this game now, if I ever do buy anything else.

room27
05-06-16, 02:10 PM
So I wasn't here during the whole wedding ali-gate scandal.....did they all just disappear, even if in storage? Or only for those who updated?

They disappeared. S8 made an error and put one for sale in the market. Many of us bought it before they had a chance to take it off the market. Since it was also a goal, those of us who bought it ended up with two of them. They made a lovely pair in front of the wedding carriage. So S8 took them one Friday night. They said it was for "the economy of the game." Shortly before r after that, the same thing happened with two buildings, the kingdom inn, and the reindeer stable. They were in the market for coins, we bought them, and on Friday night, they disappeared from our kingdoms. The buildings were bad, but the wedding alis really created an outcry. Neither were ever returned.

Skeezaru
05-06-16, 02:18 PM
This post really shocked me, the people with a lot of purple alis (not me :( ) paid for those, there is no way no matter how many white alis they bought they would find the gold troll tokens to craft them, so they got them cheap, good on them, we all had the opportunity to buy gold tokens and make as many as we wanted at five troll tokens, nobody stopped you buying the gems. Its not like the Barons tent where only some people get the chance to win a glimmer egg ali, it was fair.

The bottom line is if we had wanted them we should have bought the gems for them but i do think S8 have acted despicably

I seem to remeber quite a few posters, myself included, thought the purple ali was too good to be true :(

I have 55 gold tokens, been playing before there was a "Monster Hunt" .... last hunt I spent over $35 and realized I would have to spend around $75 more to get the research center... This is not balanced... IOS always gets more, and that's the only reason there are people with a herd of them...
This is absolutely mad. Only level 50 players who were on IOS had a chance at the Mythic Research Center. It had nothing to do with money. They didn't pay for them. I have a neighbor who has like 10 purple alicorns, and paid nothing for them. It was simply easier because they were higher level on the first hunt, AND THEY PLAY ON IOS. That's it.
-
I would NOT have spent ANY money if I would have known they were going to completely rip me off.. and that's exactly how I feel... On Android, level 46. Ripped off.. will never spend money on Castle Story, or any other storm 8 game again... I'm done..

midsom
05-06-16, 02:57 PM
I have 55 gold tokens, been playing before there was a "Monster Hunt" .... last hunt I spent over $35 and realized I would have to spend around $75 more to get the research center... This is not balanced... IOS always gets more, and that's the only reason there are people with a herd of them...
This is absolutely mad. Only level 50 players who were on IOS had a chance at the Mythic Research Center. It had nothing to do with money. They didn't pay for them. I have a neighbor who has like 10 purple alicorns, and paid nothing for them. It was simply easier because they were higher level on the first hunt, AND THEY PLAY ON IOS. That's it.
-
I would NOT have spent ANY money if I would have known they were going to completely rip me off.. and that's exactly how I feel... On Android, level 46. Ripped off.. will never spend money on Castle Story, or any other storm 8 game again... I'm done..

Ten purple alicorns is peanuts, i have neighbours with 100 plus, they paid for theirs and i say good luck to them, $35 is nothing these players spend hundreds of dollars a week. Its not their fault you are on android or arent level 50.

memphisgirl
05-06-16, 03:03 PM
So.. Any response from tl? Will there be any?
I just check this thread every other hour to see if we have any explanation

Elen4070
05-06-16, 05:36 PM
Over 24 hours of silence on Thursday and Friday means they are gonna keep us in the dark the entire weekend. This is wrong, S8, at least []say "we are aware of the issue and working on it". Not even making an acknowledgement is wrong.

jopik
05-06-16, 05:43 PM
Over 24 hours of silence on Thursday and Friday means they are gonna keep us in the dark the entire weekend. This is wrong, S8, say "we are aware of the issue and working on it". Not even making an acknowledgement is wrong.

Exactly! They did launched new quest so they definitely see our posts here but prefer to ignore us... I guess there's nothing we can do just deal with the fact... :(

room27
05-06-16, 06:09 PM
Over 24 hours of silence on Thursday and Friday means they are gonna keep us in the dark the entire weekend. This is wrong, S8, say "we are aware of the issue and working on it". Not even making an acknowledgement is wrong.

Truthfully, I think that's part of the plan... sneak the change in on Thursday, let everyone let off steam Friday day, then release a new set of goals. Everyone is so involved with the new goals now, just look at the chatter, that this goes by the wayside and just quiets down. S8 wins. They are pretty impressive strategists.

riverly
05-06-16, 06:29 PM
-
I would NOT have spent ANY money if I would have known they were going to completely rip me off.. and that's exactly how I feel... On Android, level 46. Ripped off.. will never spend money on Castle Story, or any other storm 8 game again... I'm done..i agree with this. Android was at a hugh disadvantage as far as the number of tokens that they could collect. I did not have to pay anything because I had a lot of tokens saved up and I seldom make purchases.
And as far as the new quest I'm at the point that I don't really care if I succeed or not. I'm doing it half heartedly. This just stinks.

VersaceMorrow
05-06-16, 07:18 PM
They disappeared. S8 made an error and put one for sale in the market. Many of us bought it before they had a chance to take it off the market. Since it was also a goal, those of us who bought it ended up with two of them. They made a lovely pair in front of the wedding carriage. So S8 took them one Friday night. They said it was for "the economy of the game." Shortly before r after that, the same thing happened with two buildings, the kingdom inn, and the reindeer stable. They were in the market for coins, we bought them, and on Friday night, they disappeared from our kingdoms. The buildings were bad, but the wedding alis really created an outcry. Neither were ever returned.

Did you get your coins or gems back for what you paid for the buildings and alis?

room27
05-06-16, 07:23 PM
Did you get your coins or gems back for what you paid for the buildings and alis?

They were all coin purchases, not gems. I imagine they put the coins back, but I have over 22million coins ( been playing almost since the start), so I didn't take notice, especially since it was a stroke in the night with no warning. No idea how many coins I had befor I went to sleep, so I couldn't tell in the morning. I do believe they returned the coins, though.

SpiritWind00
05-06-16, 07:31 PM
Take your conversation to PMs if you want to continue please..... These posts are off topic.

kdmusgrove
05-06-16, 08:35 PM
Take your conversation to PMs if you want to continue please..... These posts are off topic.

riverly
05-06-16, 08:53 PM
I think SW comment was taken out of context.

room27
05-06-16, 09:03 PM
I'm one of the people SW has asked to stay on topic. I think that's a fair statement, and I will comply. This is a thread about the trade wagon out of season information. As such, it is ok for us to express how we feel about the latest happenings re the trade wagon. It is not ok to talk about past issues, and I will respect SW's request.

Elen4070
05-06-16, 09:48 PM
Given the time, now we have to wait till Monday, if at all, to hope for an answer from S8.

I am sorry, but right now I am a disgruntled customer. I'm not just mad about what they did with the price increase, I'm mad that they did it as secretly as they could and did not address the matter directly.

SpiritWind00
05-06-16, 10:10 PM
I know that this is a really difficult situation and if there is one thing I've learned along the way, it's that there is always more than meets the eye. Please be patient. Yes we may have to wait a few more days. I have provided quite a lot of feedback to Elsa and the team already and I know that they will respond. We don't know all the factors behind this change, but all I'm asking is we just wait and see what pans out.

In the meantime, let's focus on the storybook event and keep helping one another there. If you need to vent more, feel free to send me a PM. Sometimes writing (and you can break all the rules when you write to me!) can be helpful. I've broad shoulders (well, not literally:)); I can take it!

VersaceMorrow
05-07-16, 09:02 AM
I'm one of the people SW has asked to stay on topic. I think that's a fair statement, and I will comply. This is a thread about the trade wagon out of season information. As such, it is ok for us to express how we feel about the latest happenings re the trade wagon. It is not ok to talk about past issues, and I will respect SW's request.

And I am the other one, who actually started the thread drift with my question. Sorry. It wasn't meant to be a complaint or lack of gratitude for a free game, and at nearly 50 I think I am pretty grown up enough LOL :p

Elen4070
05-07-16, 09:13 AM
I know that this is a really difficult situation and if there is one thing I've learned along the way, it's that there is always more than meets the eye. Please be patient. Yes we may have to wait a few more days. I have provided quite a lot of feedback to Elsa and the team already and I know that they will respond. We don't know all the factors behind this change, but all I'm asking is we just wait and see what pans out.

In the meantime, let's focus on the storybook event and keep helping one another there. If you need to vent more, feel free to send me a PM. Sometimes writing (and you can break all the rules when you write to me!) can be helpful. I've broad shoulders (well, not literally:)); I can take it!

Spiritwind, I have probably not told you this often enough, but thank you so much for being our liaison with the S8 team and for listening to us and managing the update threads and moderating the forums. I personally really enjoy the game and am usually just mildly upset, if at all, with things that go "off", I am just really of the "let's talk things" kind, even if it's only to tell us players in an announcement "the purple Ali will have a new price starting tomorrow " or things like that, rather than being sneaky about things.

EnchantedAcres2
05-07-16, 12:28 PM
Against my better judgement I purchased the Mythic Research center. I don't usually spend that much money on an item. I based my purchase on the fact that the forum said that there would be remaining items in the center after the event which I was happy to see. I was very disappointed to find that they changed the glitter Alicorn from a 5 gold token purchase to a 50 gold token purchase and that they changed it to a get as many as you want item to a one time purchase only item. I guess I am not going to spend anymore real money on any of the S8 games anymore. I'm getting a little tired of buying something that I think is one thing and is that one thing for a while only to find that S8 changes the properties whenever they feel like it. Someone asked in another post when will S8 go further than your willing to put up with. This change was it for me. I will play less now and spend no more real money. I will continue to visit neighbors and participate in events but I will only go as far as can be gone without financial assistance. Very disappointed!!

snowyhillz
05-07-16, 01:58 PM
Season 5 was my first monster hunt and I bought the beast display and currently have 30 gold tokens (3 have dropped out of season so far) even though it is irritating that the prices have been changed midstream I personally don't mind as I play the game for my self and like a challenge to complete things, I will still save my tokens to get the MRC to get a purple alicorn and dragon and I would say that there will be new stuff added to it in the future so it will not be wasted tokens, Then there is the cabbage hut as well to go for too....... I started playing the game when it was first released but took a break from it because there were no long term goals to aim for and I appreciate that s8 do have to keep a game balance for both new and long term players.

jaymieb2
05-07-16, 08:57 PM
I am not one to call out Not Fair, but...

Using Android, I am at a HUGE disadvantage.
Monster Hunts 1-3= 6 gold tokens TOTAL.
Monster Hunt 4 (with blue boar & purple golem) = 40 gold tokens; spent 20 on the sapphires that iOS players received in a quest = total 26
Monster Hunt 5 = 24 gold tokens
Grand total = 50 gold tokens.
Bought the Beast Bane Display at full price - using cash - after the sale ended, but during the Hunt. Have collected from it daily. My grand total is now... still 50.

I bought the display because it was supposed to drop gold tokens. Thought it would help my long term game with the MRC.

So far, the Display has dropped zero gold tokens, the MRC still costs 70, and the Purple Alicorns have gone from 5 to 50 gold tokens.

I am feeling the Bait and Switch here. That is even why I didn't make the initial purchase when the rebate was offered. Thought it was too good to be true, but people made multiple alicorns, and reported success. My bad.

Now I have a broken BBD that doesn't drop gold tokens, and players who had a huge advantage in the first place, have an even bigger one... and I spent cash to get in this position. :-(

Should have been set up like nests in DS.
1st Purple Alicorn = 5 gold tokens
2nd Purple Alicorn = 20 gold tokens
3rd Purple Alicorn = 50 gold tokens
4th Purple Alicorn = 100 gold tokens

At the very least, you should honor the 5 gold token price for a pair of Purple Alicorns. Really disappointed - thought this was going to be the current Love Shack. :-(

*SIGH* :-(

kdmusgrove
05-07-16, 11:44 PM
I am not one to call out Not Fair, but...

Using Android, I am at a HUGE disadvantage.
Monster Hunts 1-3= 6 gold tokens TOTAL.
Monster Hunt 4 (with blue boar & purple golem) = 40 gold tokens; spent 20 on the sapphires that iOS players received in a quest = total 26
Monster Hunt 5 = 24 gold tokens
Grand total = 50 gold tokens.

I'm on iOS, let me lead with that. That quest you're speaking of was incredibly hard, I don't know but a very very few of my neighbors who even made it through it, I didn't. And it wasn't even a guarantee that you got A sapphire because it was only if you finished a particular section of the event super quick. So even the few of my neighbors who made it through didn't necessarily get one.

I do think it's disgusting of them to limit the purple ali to one. I've made it through three of these hunts and I didn't even end with enough to get the research center, and I don't have the cooking camp. I had to use my tokens for both the sapphires and the stupid locket, which I regret because so far it seems like the end of the road for that thing. And I agree to jump the price up from five to fifty is crazy, could cut us some slack seeing as we're only even allowed one now... Maybe they'll change it before next hunting season...

Sandybellee
05-08-16, 05:46 AM
I'm still holding out hope they fix this somehow... If not, I'm done buying gems as well.

jaymieb2
05-08-16, 06:20 AM
I'm on iOS, let me lead with that. That quest you're speaking of was incredibly hard, I don't know but a very very few of my neighbors who even made it...

Thank you for sharing your difficulty with the game. I appreciate your viewpoint.

By HUGE disadvantage on Android, I meant that we don't get as many opportunities for quests, no daily trade, no opportunity for the Cabbage Hut - which allowed some players to acquire a special Alicorn, the last two updates were iOS only, every now and again, S8 will allow gem purchases of items that iOS players can earn, Seasons 1-3 of the Monster Hunts allowed iOS players to earn TONS more gold tokens through daily trades, purple golems, and blue dire boars. There are many features offered/available to iOS players that Android players simply don't have access to - another example is the Petting Zoo. Whether or not someone likes these additional features is irrelevant. Whether or not a quest is difficult is irrelevant.

My point was - iOS has many more opportunities and advantages. I didn't play harder in Season 4 of the Monster Hunt when I earned 40 gold tokens (compared to Seasons 1-3 where I earned a total of 6 tokens). I was able to earn that many because S8 equalized the iOS advantage of Purple Golems and Blue Dire Boars. If it had been equal all along, I wonder how many tokens I would have had access to.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-08-16, 09:28 AM
I don't know if this is any conciliation to anyone (it's not really, at least to me, lol), but...

Has S8 re-coded the Beastbane Display to *only* drop golden Troll Tokens now??

I ask because I've gotten gold tokens from it 2 or 3 days in a row now!
...And that would have been SUPER RARE before this shady, underhanded, secretive, major change of something I squealed to the heavens about nearly a month ago. And in big bold purple, I might add! (Season 5 started on 4/7, Ali change not til 5/5??).

Yeah, my previous open-mouthed, wide-eyed squeal is now a smirky-mouthed, furrowed-brows squawk.

...and no explanation or apology or ANYTHING from S8??? - well, that just really chaps me good.
I am half-heartedly enjoying the Fire & Ice Quest (even tho I'm not a fan of the Storybook layout) but at least for now, this cheerleader has put away her pom-poms (yes, that's what they're called, SW, lol).

plby
05-08-16, 11:10 AM
I don't know if this is any conciliation to anyone (it's not really, at least to me, lol), but...

I wish, Got sword tokens yesterday and staff tokens today. No gold ones since before the mrc change.

kasumi2012
05-08-16, 11:54 AM
from 5 to 50 gold coins for crafting alicorn, oh come on S8, i bought your glimmeregg Forge (this useless factory), bait market (I dont know what this market for), then your beastbane display, and when this alicorn crafting so comfortable for me, you change it from 5 to 50, how could you do this, and not enough with that now it just for one only alicorn ? Why don't you change the material for glimmer dragon from 3 to 300 instead. and then say it, this dragon is special, it will drop energy 300/day, hurry up, this limited offer just last for 1 day or you can buy it for 2900 gems.

PrincessCupOButter
05-08-16, 01:04 PM

...And that would have been SUPER RARE before this shady, underhanded, secretive, major change of something I squealed to the heavens about nearly a month ago. And in big bold purple, I might add! (Season 5 started on 4/7, Ali change not til 5/5??).

Yeah, my previous open-mouthed, wide-eyed squeal is now a smirky-mouthed, furrowed-brows squawk.

...and no explanation or apology or ANYTHING from S8??? - well, that just really chaps me good.
I am half-heartedly enjoying the Fire & Ice Quest (even tho I'm not a fan of the Storybook layout) but at least for now, this cheerleader has put away her pom-poms (yes, that's what they're called, SW, lol).

If so, they forgot to re-code mine! Staff tokens for the last 2 maybe 3 days...I've lost track. Still waiting for an explanation and or an apology (or both!) for the one-month-later rule and requirement change....considering we were reassured that the MRC crafts would remain. (Even at 50 coins, a ONE-TIME ONLY craft is not what anyone could consider 'permanent'). However, I'm not quite ready to say I regret the beastbane....I remain hopeful that more items will become available in the MRC or the troll traders wagon.

Some days my Pom-poems come out of storage and go right back in on the same day!

And while I am also not a fan of storybook goals, this one, at least, has my interest....

riverly
05-08-16, 03:43 PM
I do not regret getting the beast bane and am pretty hopeful something else will come from MRC. Where is that darn peacock!!!!!!???? Lol Sorry.. A running joke with me. I can't help myself.

kdmusgrove
05-08-16, 04:25 PM
Thank you for sharing your difficulty with the game. I appreciate your viewpoint.

By HUGE disadvantage on Android, I meant that we don't get as many opportunities for quests, no daily trade, no opportunity for the Cabbage Hut - which allowed some players to acquire a special Alicorn, the last two updates were iOS only, every now and again, S8 will allow gem purchases of items that iOS players can earn, Seasons 1-3 of the Monster Hunts allowed iOS players to earn TONS more gold tokens through daily trades, purple golems, and blue dire boars. There are many features offered/available to iOS players that Android players simply don't have access to - another example is the Petting Zoo.

You're right that we do get more opportunities like that, events and items from events, but there was NEVER a daily trade that offered troll tokens. And we got the same number of golems and blue dire boars as Android, 11 each, just one a day.

jaymieb2
05-08-16, 10:05 PM

Nope. Just collected. Mine is still broken. I have NEVER received a gold token from it. :-(

jaymieb2
05-08-16, 10:19 PM
You're right that we do get more opportunities like that, events and items from events, but there was NEVER a daily trade that offered troll tokens. And we got the same number of golems and blue dire boars as Android, 11 each, just one a day.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that the daily trade dropped gold tokens... but it still is a benefit that Android doesn't have. Android didn't get blue dire boars and Purple Golems until the 4th Monster Hunt (but i do appreciate the parity we now have during the Hunt). And iOS received energy crates for those monsters during Hunts 1-4. Android only received crates during the 4th Hunt (just another iOS perk). :-)

I understand that it is what it is, but each new iOS event or benefit that is not offered to Android is still frustrating.

jaymieb2
05-08-16, 10:22 PM
Same here, bought the fish market, the bait market, the beast bane display, the mrc. [] Even that fortune teller is useless now.

Why is the Fortune Teller useless? I am still chopping small piles of rock for Superglue. I will stop when my kingdom is filled with nearly spent rock piles...

seisurreal
05-09-16, 12:15 AM
I am depending on the beastbane to drop the tokens in and out of seasons in order to get the coveted MRC..

Please keep the droppings on, and retain this feature, TY!

seisurreal
05-09-16, 12:59 AM

Dear TL/S8

I didn't had the chance to do craft a Glimmer Alicorn as i have not had any MRC! All my previous tokens were spent on the Cooking Camp (not much use, takes up space) and a Troll Token Trap buying a skunk statue (that i don't need)!

Could TL/S8 consider keeping the introductory 5 Troll Tokens for those who had not had their first (or first few) Glimmer Alicon(s)?

Equal opportunity for all, at least? TY!

CharmOfLea
05-09-16, 02:18 AM
70 gold tokens + 400 gems were spent on the option to craft purple alis. Now this option is gone? What a rip off.

seisurreal
05-09-16, 04:07 AM
Bought the fish market, the bait market, the beast bane display, the mrc. Even that fortune teller is useless now.

Fortune Teller tent has been depreciated, the fortune teller poofed! ★ it's like gone for good, out of favor by S8/TL! ★ lol

mymummy789
05-09-16, 04:55 AM
If they were that worried about us having too much "free" energy, why not have the energy drop every 7 days, like the White alicorns, instead of daily? I could have lived with that.

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-09-16, 08:47 AM
I wish, Got sword tokens yesterday and staff tokens today. No gold ones since before the mrc change.

If so, they forgot to re-code mine! Staff tokens for the last 2 maybe 3 days...I've lost track..(edit)...

Nope. Just collected. Mine is still broken. I have NEVER received a gold token from it. :-(
Ok, y'all are right.
I guess I just had a super duper mega ultra rare streak of luck there, cuz it dropped a sword token today. :/
And I let it get my hopes up that maybe S8 also made a secretive unannounced re-coding change to the Beastbane Display, but this time - in *our* favor.
I should have known better, lol.

Oh well, carry on . . .

Haflaxus
05-09-16, 09:32 AM
So disappointed right now.
Maybe I don't have a position to have any opinion because I haven't paid any real money for the game like many CS fellows. However, it hurts a lot to see how corrupted the CS environment has become.
I somehow managed to get 99 troll tokens about 2 days ahead the end of the previous hunting season (the 4th one). There was only one option for me at that time: trade for the cooking camp. I really got the cooking camp and some tokens at the end of the season. So happy, so proud, long live CS, long live S8, blab blab blab ....
Then, came the 5th season with the very exciting rewards. Starting with very few tokens left but not even once did I feel frustration or lose hope. The purple alis(s) were so close, just waiting there to be won, claimed, earned, ... like the cooking camp. Silly me! Changing from 5 to 50 tokens per purple alicorn made me speechless. If it is not a mistake, the S8's move is not much different from *****er's. They betrayed there own rules. They betrayed us. Playing CS now is not fun, or at lease not as fun as it used to.
Is it only my feeling or CS has fallen, so far to the point that I'm not able to recognize anymore?
Hey CS (S8), old friend, if you are there and reading this, please come back! I (and perhaps many CS player fellows) miss your old self.

nubemet
05-09-16, 10:31 AM
my bad
how can i delete it?...

Elen4070
05-09-16, 11:00 AM
Why is there still no answer from S8? Not even an acknowledgement?!

vaso1908
05-09-16, 11:13 AM
So disappointed right now.
Maybe I don't have a position to have any opinion because I haven't paid any real money for the game like many CS fellows. However, it hurts a lot to see how corrupted the CS environment has become.
I somehow managed to get 99 troll tokens about 2 days ahead the end of the previous hunting season (the 4th one). There was only one option for me at that time: trade for the cooking camp. I really got the cooking camp and some tokens at the end of the season. So happy, so proud, long live CS, long live S8, blab blab blab ....
Then, came the 5th season with the very exciting rewards. Starting with very few tokens left but not even once did I feel frustration or lose hope. The purple alis(s) were so close, just waiting there to be won, claimed, earned, ... like the cooking camp. Silly me! Changing from 5 to 50 tokens per purple alicorn made me speechless. If it is not a mistake, the S8's move is not much different from *****er's. They betrayed there own rules. They betrayed us. Playing CS now is not fun, or at lease not as fun as it used to.
Is it only my feeling or CS has fallen, so far to the point that I'm not able to recognize anymore?
Hey CS (S8), old friend, if you are there and reading this, please come back! I (and perhaps many CS player fellows) miss your old self.

I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I also started the latest season with a few coins since i had recently unlocked the cooking camp. However I was perfectly fine with it because i don't mind long term goals, on the contrary I like having sth to look forward to. Needless to say I don't feel that way anymore. I was always trying to find excuses for most of s8's previous let downs mainly because I didn't want to lose my faith on this game and was always looking for incentive to keep playing, but i simply cannot anymore. It's the first time I find one of their moves truly unethical, disrespectful and honestly kind of disgusting. I really hope i'm not breaking any forum rules by expressing my frustration this way, I'm just really disappointed and hope that s8 will rethink and correct this unfairness. I'll be more than happy to apologize if they do.

arikasi
05-09-16, 11:43 AM
(Let me say first, I respect the volunteer moderators here. And have always been shocked there are not more paid people as I see it as quite a job)

That said, I dont like the way new threads in the Suggestions and Feedback forum have been moved to this thread. Suggestions and Feedback seems the correctly titled place to take our feedback on these changes. Instead they are buried here in a thread whose title doesnt really encompass or reveal the ongoing matter.

This combined with the utter lack of communication on this matter, whilst still having communication in the new event thread, makes it feel like our issues are being brushed off.

Sandybellee
05-09-16, 12:32 PM
Waiting for a response from S8... I'm always astounded by their lack of communication.

Elen4070
05-09-16, 02:07 PM
Waiting for a response from S8... I'm always astounded by their lack of communication.

I'm astounded by their lack of communication in issues such as these. Because they have been posting just fine since Thursday on the new update thread. But two and a half days of complaints on this topic and not a single acknowledgement of the issue.

Radegast1
05-09-16, 02:13 PM
That appears to be S8's response. Now player must decide what his/her response will be

cyndora
05-09-16, 02:20 PM

I agree. maybe because its not in the middle of the night....

someone down the line , did not think of the long term goal/future of this. and as a result, we the players feel betrayed and *****ed...again.

they had plenty of time to quality control this situation . before it was launched, while it was launched, and sitting there for a few. not one person thought of the outcome this would have over the long run??

" as long as we have materials, we will be able to make alicorns/dragons inside the MRC " and to top it off , you sell a 400 gem beastbane to " help us along" , hahaha. not only did the MRC flop, but so does this. waste of time, energy of your staff, and players money, to have it work as not intended.....

i really dont know how they can fix this to make everyone happy, but 5 to 50 is NOT the right way, or fair to the players who did not even make 1 alicorn. putting it back the way it was, just means over time people will have surplus energy, and then no one will buy energy bundles....i get that. maybe to balance it out, and if you have the numbers or data telling you most people do have that surplus...maybe make more energy intensive quests ?....i have no clue really.

all i do know, is that this really put a negative vibe towards this company for me right now, and the only real way i can make my voice be heard, is through my money, because the way it looks like now, that is the only language they know.

meme1098
05-09-16, 02:23 PM

someone down the line , did not think of the long term goal/future of this. and as a result, we the players feel betrayed and *****ed...again.

they had plenty of time to quality control this situation . before it was launched, while it was launched, and sitting there for a few. not one person thought of the outcome this would have over the long run??

" as long as we have materials, we will be able to make alicorns/dragons inside the MRC " and to top it off , you sell a 400 gem beastbane to " help us along" , hahaha. not only did the MRC flop, but so does this. waste of time, energy of your staff, and players money, to have it work as not intended.....

i really dont know how they can fix this to make everyone happy, but 5 to 50 is NOT the right way, or fair to the players who did not even make 1 alicorn. putting it back the way it was, just means over time people will have surplus energy, and then no one will buy energy bundles....i get that. maybe to balance it out, and if you have the numbers or data telling you most people do have that surplus...maybe make more energy intensive quests ?....i have no clue really.

all i do know, is that this really put a negative vibe towards this company for me right now, and the only real way i can make my voice be heard, is through my money, because the way it looks like now, that is the only language they know.

The bold statement says it all.

belbar22
05-09-16, 03:04 PM
Didn't S8 explicitly say that we would be able to have unlimited energy so they knew what they were doing. Can't believe (actually I can cos they have done it before) they have changed their mind and arbiterally decided to change the rules without warning. Like everybody else, feeling very *****ed.

sunnygirl210
05-09-16, 05:18 PM
I can't believe the false advertising of the mythic research center. I used a lot of my energy crates fighting monsters so that I could get the mythic research center. Now afterwards they change the rules and it costs you 50 tokens and you can only use it once for an alicorn. This event went on for quite awhile, they had plenty of opportunities to change it or to communicate to players if it was a mistake. I did not even get to make one alicorn because I got it the last day of the event! How can you expect us to keep spending gems and time on a game when your rules are not fair and you arbitrarily change the prizes once you have completed the quest? You should at least change it back through the next event. I am seriously reconsidering the amount of energy I put into this game lately and I have been playing for years.

Not to mention how many people don't know about the change yet because they haven't clicked on the mythic research center since the monster hunt quest isn't going right now. I only saw it by chance because I wanted to see how many coins I had.

ragingray
05-09-16, 08:51 PM
you put a craft in the mythic research centre, entice people to buy the Beastbane display with the only thing people wanted from the mythic research centre ie the Alicorns, and now they changed it so you can only buy ONE at 50 coins, not the 5 coins plus as many as you want as it orginally was. As pointed out in other post, you had plenty of time to change it, BUT it seems you waited the last moment to change it.
We have been asked to wait patiently for a response but seems we have to wait quite a long time for a response. Can they even tell us when they will respond, happy to take money for gems quickly, but not so quick to explain why people are getting sold "supposedly good building" under false pretence.

Sheeba8188
05-09-16, 10:25 PM
Never before have I been so glad to be an android player, I have used my tokens from the previous 5 seasons for locket and fountain so I am still 50+ short of either the cooking camp or MRC but the change from 5 coins to 50 considering it costs 70 to build is totally unreasonable with the choice of only 1 alicorn is beyond a joke. Looks like it's going to be the cooking camp for me when the time finally comes probably into season 30 or so but we will see. Glad I'm not a player who has purchased Beastbane having read this.

PanicMood
05-10-16, 01:57 AM
Many people have said everything that is wrong with this better than me, but i think that it is important to show just how many people are upset and disgusted with this issue and the complete disregard for the players that it's showing.

As a player who regularly spends money in gems, i must say hat i cannot consider this a free game, and sure as the sun in the sky S8 doesn't strike me as a no-profit organization, so one would think they could have a little more respect towards their customers.

As a customer, if you bought an entertainmente center with tv, game center, radio and internet, wouldn't you immediately demand explanations and excuses if, with no warning, an alert popped up that you can only ever see another movie on it, paying more than half again the cost of the center, and then it would work only as a radio?

You would most certainly say: this is not the product that i paid for!!!

Waiting for a fix on this, and it better be both satisfactory and expedient.

Edited to add that i could be ok with paying a little more gold token for an alicorn, say 10 or 15' as it was a really incredible baragin, but certainly not fifty e certainly not just once!

Elen4070
05-10-16, 05:38 AM
Well, S8, why are you taking longer than a politician to even acknowledge the problem? In hopes that we will quiet down and you won't have to face consequences? Because I won't stop insisting until I hear from you, directly.

icydove
05-10-16, 05:39 AM
Just agreeing with the many comments here. I can understand fixing a mistake within hours of it going live. But, this change was calculated and made many, many days later. The lack of communication on this issue (as well as others in the past concerning spending gems) and the change itself was completely unethical. Refusing to address consumer concerns days later is a bad business practice.

therealseal1
05-10-16, 06:50 AM
As a player who bought gems for the beastbane, this is extremely frustrating to have the MRC change with no notice. While I'll admit that the Alicorn was an amazing deal, they should have gone about it differently.

One possibility for a fix action would be to remove the one time only change and implement a scaling fee for the Alicorn. So the first one is 5, then 10, then 15 and so on. It allows the ones that couldn't afford the Alicorn from the start an opportunity to not be robbed, while also keeping a long term use for gold coins.

mautzu
05-10-16, 07:02 AM
I'm one of the lucky players that got the MRC and crafted alicorns (4) It was hard and I felt proud of my acomplishment, and after all, this is why I'm playing this kind of game. Now I feel guilty for all those players without a chance at multiple alis and I feel dread cause I'm anxiously waiting to see if my alis will disappear.
I have plenty unpleasant emotions IRL, playing games was suppose to balance those and give positive feelings.
I don't feel lucky, I feel trapped between conflicting parties, I feel that any goal I may accomplish may be invalidated and any planning is in vain.
This was not a good move.

riverly
05-10-16, 08:03 AM
I check my P -Ali's constantly. Will they still be there ??? What are they going to drop??? Feeling suspicious and not very trusting. I agree, not a good move.

Lyzau
05-10-16, 08:18 AM
I feel that any goal I may accomplish may be invalidated and any planning is in vain.

That is very well worded. I share the same sentiments.
Games are supposed to make you feel rewarded, not invalidated.

Solientus
05-10-16, 10:35 AM
As others have already stated with well worded explanations, I whole heartedly agree with the seeming unfairness of the changes to the Mythic Research Center and Alicorn purchases.
I created a password for my account for the sole purpose of commenting on this issue.

About the troll token requirement for Alicorns going up and also the limit of 1; I agree with one poster about the idea of scaling requirements for purchasing multiple animals as being a much more palatable game fix. First one 5 Gold tokens, second one 10-15, third one 20-30 et c.

Another poster mentioned the Beastbane display also being issue. I did spend quite a few gems on the item. The idea of being able to get Gold tokens, out of season as a rare drop, sounded like a good idea and worth the money. By next season, if I had the MRC, I could potentially get an Alicorn. That is not longer so. Now I'm sure there will be new prizes available to save up for, but honestly, the Hut and Cooking center were not even a consideration for me at this point. The only draw was the ability to craft Alicorns. Plural, not singular.
If the Alicorn stays at 50 Gold tokens for purchase I feel a gem rebate for the Beastbane would definitely be a starter action in compensation. I feel the main draw of the Beastbane deco was that it was an investment - in return for the underpriced Alicorns. Again. Plural.

I'm a fairly new player but have enjoyed this game very much. Up to now I have found the events fun and therefore had no issue spending a bit of real money on gems to enhance my gameplay. I will continue to play, however I will be a little more selective when it comes to gem purchases and spending money on this game.
The fact that a main goal (to me it was a real goal - although Holiday - not required to advance story I realize) and guidelines for it have been changed so drastically and effect the use of a gem purchase item, just feels very dishonest.

Thanks for reading.

dangerb0y
05-10-16, 11:17 AM
I vote to allow 2 (or more) purple Ali's. 1st one to cost 5 gold tokens, the second to cost 50.

I crafted 1 thank goodness, but this new price is totally unreasonable for gamers who haven't crafted the MRC and their 1st Ali.

Radegast1
05-10-16, 12:45 PM
I vote they stand up to the original amount as that is the amount everyone based their decision on what direction to proceed and decisions, game and financial included, were made. Shame on S8

atiragram
05-10-16, 01:17 PM
It would appear as though an answer will not be coming. My personal - maybe very creative - theory about this is the following:

There's a person (X) in S8 who decides on the policy and fate of Castle Story. This person was on some kind of longer-term leave, be it for sickness or anything the like. Another person (Y) managed to get into X's position, as deputy or something along the lines. Y, already for a while, had a theory that giving people a lot of energy will make them play ever more and therefore also give them the opportunity to spend more money. Y's idea was that on the long run this would increase revenue instead of decreasing it. However, Y knew that X was not to be convinced.

Therefore, Y used X's longer absence to finally test out their theory and within a fortnight brought on the market this update together with those promises of endless energy etc. Y thought that still during X's absence, their theory would prove right and that would finally convince the influencial powerful X.

Now, either X came back earlier than planned or was not so severely ill to simply check the forum from time to time or play the game or maybe just has some friend or familiy playing and telling - or the theory needed longer than expected to prove right - or will not ever. Might be it even showed a good trend but that would by far not be enough to calm the rage of *****ed big boss X who ordered immediately to put an end to Y's folly. And some coder true to X fixed it and buttoned the bottle. Y is told off, degraded or fired and instructed not to touch the forum whatsoever.

Might be that's a very unrealistic theory, but it would explain a great deal, and particularly the silence. Whichever way you'd put it, you'd have to either admit dissent in the leading team, or some weakness in the software that made it so easy for this unwanted feature to be introduced, or so. No easy way out.

It came to my mind when I thought about this and remembered a story a developer told me once, about how he convinced his boss of some new features by doing exactly this, introduce them for test in the boss's absence.

If it were true, it seems almost a pity that Y's betrayal did not turn out to prove the theory - otherwise a time might even have come where we had gotten rid of gem traps...

But maybe there will be a reaction tomorrow, or on or Thursday. Maybe something will be fixed in whichever way. Maybe everything will get nice in the end. In Germany we say "Hope dies last".

In that sense,

Cheers,

atiragram

cyndora
05-10-16, 01:32 PM
It would appear as though an answer will not be coming. My personal - maybe very creative - theory about this is the following:

There's a person (X) in S8 who decides on the policy and fate of Castle Story. This person was on some kind of longer-term leave, be it for sickness or anything the like. Another person (Y) managed to get into X's position, as deputy or something along the lines. Y, already for a while, had a theory that giving people a lot of energy will make them play ever more and therefore also give them the opportunity to spend more money. Y's idea was that on the long run this would increase revenue instead of decreasing it. However, Y knew that X was not to be convinced.

Therefore, Y used X's longer absence to finally test out their theory and within a fortnight brought on the market this update together with those promises of endless energy etc. Y thought that still during X's absence, their theory would prove right and that would finally convince the influencial powerful X.

Now, either X came back earlier than planned or was not so severely ill to simply check the forum from time to time or play the game or maybe just has some friend or familiy playing and telling - or the theory needed longer than expected to prove right - or will not ever. Might be it even showed a good trend but that would by far not be enough to calm the rage of *****ed big boss X who ordered immediately to put an end to Y's folly. And some coder true to X fixed it and buttoned the bottle. Y is told off, degraded or fired and instructed not to touch the forum whatsoever.

Might be that's a very unrealistic theory, but it would explain a great deal, and particularly the silence. Whichever way you'd put it, you'd have to either admit dissent in the leading team, or some weakness in the software that made it so easy for this unwanted feature to be introduced, or so. No easy way out.

It came to my mind when I thought about this and remembered a story a developer told me once, about how he convinced his boss of some new features by doing exactly this, introduce them for test in the boss's absence.

If it were true, it seems almost a pity that Y's betrayal did not turn out to prove the theory - otherwise a time might even have come where we had gotten rid of gem traps...

But maybe there will be a reaction tomorrow, or on or Thursday. Maybe something will be fixed in whichever way. Maybe everything will get nice in the end. In Germany we say "Hope dies last".

In that sense,

Cheers,

atiragram

I like that guys thinking, y?, because he's awesome that's y !

Skeezaru
05-10-16, 01:55 PM
-
Anyone else just get the 2013 "Valentines Day" Quest start active today? The one for love shack?? The "Beat Up The... Lovecupine?" Section started today... This is their "fix" I guess? They forgot to include the love shack
if it is...
-
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=544140&viewfull=1#post544140
-
I never had the first set of goals, so how did I get to "Beat up Lovecupines?" specifically says for "Valentines day 2013, EXPIRED" Which comes after the love shack section, and before the white alicorn section...
-
Oh yeah, you're kidding yourself if you think I'm spending cash on anything on Android ever again. I think it's funny how you added an extra "Bundle pack" To the accounts you ripped off, but not the one you didn't. LOL... gtfo

ekat1985
05-10-16, 02:07 PM
i assume that s8 didn't intend for people to be able to craft an army of purple alicorns for 5 gold tokens each, equivalent to 250 gems.

But i think they went way too far to compensate for this. The mrc has a cost of 70 tokens, so you need a total of 120 tokens or 6000 gems to make a single purple alicorn now. That's insane!!

As it stands now, there are many people who spent 400 gems on the beastbane because the mrc provided an ongoing use of gold tokens. That is no longer the case. I personally don't think i would have bought the beastbane under the current circumstances.

Additionally, many people chose to spend their 70 gold troll tokens on the mrc because of the ongoing ability to craft more alicorns. I think many would have preferred to use the 70 gold tokens towards the cabbage hut or the kitchen.

Why didn't s8 just put a single purple alicorn in the regular trade wagon at a cost of 120 gold tokens? Why create a separate building that is being given a one time use (at least by many people, personally i have enough dragons and wouldn't spend such valuable tokens on getting another).

It's amazing that time and time again s8 makes these errors, and then attempts to "correct" them without notice and in ways that appear very underhanded and alienate so many players. Even those that may stick around, and even continue to pay money, are doing so with less enthusiasm.

S8, please, increase your qa staff. Form a player advisory committee that you can consult with whenever these types of incidents happen. Get a pr person to help with communication with your customers.

bravo!!!!! Yes!!!! Perfectly worded!!!

sunnygirl210
05-10-16, 02:14 PM
-
Anyone else just get the 2013 "Valentines Day" Quest start active today? The one for love shack?? I did... This is their "fix" I guess?
-
Oh yeah, you're kidding yourself if you think I'm spending cash on anything on Android ever again. I think it's funny how you added an extra "Bundle pack" To the accounts you ripped off, but not the one you didn't. LOL... gtfo

I didn't get anything! Did some people get a new quest for the Love Shack? I got the research center, but couldn't craft any Ali's as it was the last day. Now they changed the requirements with no explanation. I also didn't get a Love Shack quest and I don't have that as I started the game shortly after in 2013. Don't tell me I'm out of luck twice ��

azriX2012
05-10-16, 02:29 PM
I also think someone really messed up at S8...

I have a neighbor who has 3360 daily energy from her 84 P-Alis. And I know of players with 100+ P-Alis. Maybe it has something to do with these situations...

meme1098
05-10-16, 02:34 PM

I have a neighbor who has 3360 daily energy from her 84 P-Alis. And I know of players with 100+ P-Alis. Maybe it has something to do with these situations...

I love purple but that's a h*llofa lot of P-Alis...lol.

unixdude
05-10-16, 02:35 PM

It's been "a few more days" ... and I've seen nothing from S8. What does S8 have to say? Too many very unhappy long time players that are really irritated and S8 appears to do nothing. I like the game, but will not give S8 one more penny of my hard-earned real-world money.

Regardless, S8 being quiet and not showing they are listening to their customers is bad for business.

meme1098
05-10-16, 02:43 PM
-
Anyone else just get the 2013 "Valentines Day" Quest start active today? The one for love shack?? The "Beat Up The... Lovecupine?" Section started today... This is their "fix" I guess? They forgot to include the love shack
if it is...
-
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=544140&viewfull=1#post544140
-
I never had the first set of goals, so how did I get to "Beat up Lovecupines?" specifically says for "Valentines day 2013, EXPIRED" Which comes after the love shack section, and before the white alicorn section...
-

This goal opens if you spawn a pink skunkupine by tapping a pink animal, such as pink Ali, wedding Ali, or pink cow, sheep, chicken or pig. It has nothing to do with the love shack goal, unfortunately. Sorry.

plby
05-10-16, 02:48 PM

That's a lot of purple :rolleyes: But it would've made more sense (and upset a lot fewer players...) to keep the requirements as they were, and increased the cost of gold tokens to whatever the max amount of gems possible is. Assuming the max is 999 gems, would even the most ardent purple lovers pay 5000 gems for one alicorn?

meme1098
05-10-16, 02:54 PM
That's a lot of purple :rolleyes: But it would've made more sense (and upset a lot fewer players...) to keep the requirements as they were, and increased the cost of gold tokens to whatever the max amount of gems possible is. Assuming the max is 999 gems, would even the most ardent purple lovers pay 5000 gems for one alicorn?

The bold section says it all.

azriX2012
05-10-16, 03:09 PM

I don't know. We're talking about players who spend a LOT of money on this game.

Bottom line is there's not a perfect solution to this problem. Because no solution is fair to everyone at this point. Even if one player had 1000 P-Alis...he would've paid a lot for them with his real money. They can't take away his Ali-s without refunding him thousands of €. I think S8 forgot there are some seeeerious players on this game and they only realize that 3 weeks later when they started to see that some players now have unlimited energy forever lol

Radegast1
05-10-16, 03:12 PM
Must admit that is a bit extreme to craft that many Alicorns but the reaction to punish the whole class when a few or many went to extreme but within the rules is excessive

azriX2012
05-10-16, 03:19 PM
Must admit that is a bit extreme to craft that many Alicorns but the reaction to punish the whole class when a few or many went to extreme but within the rules is excessive

I agree with you. In 4 years of playing I think this is probably the worst mistake S8 has done.

barneyandbeau
05-10-16, 03:23 PM
Well I was very excited to finally get my 5th troll token and went to the mythic center and was like WHAT??? Now 50 tokens for the purple alicorn? Would not have spent all those gems on the sword statue--only did so because of the original guidelines stated by S8. This needs to be changed back to what was promised or everyone will think long and hard on whether to spend gems on storyline goals to be able to advance.

kdmusgrove
05-10-16, 05:27 PM

I wouldn't pay 5000 gems for anything on this game. Got real world stuff to spend my real world cash on. The makers of this game are lining their pockets on this digital (not the least bit real world) game...

Sandybellee
05-10-16, 08:24 PM
I think they're waiting for this to just blow over like the Essence Pool fiasco but this is so much worse than that. I have never come across such a low move in any game I've ever played!

You simply do not treat your customers - or just people in general - like this! I have no trust left with anything released in the future. Why would I ever buy another building etc. when it can turn into something else entirely the next day and lose its value? Why would I ever buy gems again?

The funny thing is I only just started buying gems again because of the MRC, because it made the game so much more fun and exciting! I have never bought energy (except in a 0.99 starter pack at the very beginning) and never will buy energy. But I was planning on treating myself to numerous gem items from the market because I was truly enjoying the game again. But obviously now I will not be spending another cent on the game!

thegalagator
05-10-16, 09:07 PM
20, 40, 60, 80 or 100 purple alicorns! 800, 3000 or 4000 energy??? What's the point?? I'm not sure a person can burn through so much energy in a day, your inventory will get filled up. Maybe during monster season you'd need it, certainly not during chapter events and perhaps not even during storyline quests. It's ridiculous and silly. I've got maybe 8 more expansions left and with my pathetic two purple alicorns, 6 Ali's from the Barons tent (cabbage hut and a bunch of lucky throws and video viewings) 2 pink alicorns, two wizard schools, I can pretty much clear my kingdom in the morning. Granted the lack of communication is terrible and perhaps the purple alicorn plan was not well thought out. I'd have still gotten the MRC even if they limited the alicorns to 5 or 4 (maybe even 2) and scaled them at 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 gold troll coins. But probably not the beastbane. ( though since the end of the last season I've gotten 4 gold coins). But yeah, they should have clarified and made the rules more clear. Maybe past creatures or the other dragon (fire and ice story line) will get added to the MRC or maybe android players will get chance to get creatures only available on iOS. Either way it has way more potential than the orphanage or egg forge and even if I got only one purple Ali and it cost 120 gold troll coins I'd still be happy with 40 energy per day! Better than an extra kitchen in the long run.

Skeezaru
05-10-16, 11:18 PM
This goal opens if you spawn a pink skunkupine by tapping a pink animal, such as pink Ali, wedding Ali, or pink cow, sheep, chicken or pig. It has nothing to do with the love shack goal, unfortunately. Sorry.

Thank you for your response! I'm not sure where the pink skunk came from, because I don't have any pink animals lol. I've had the wedding alicorn for a while... It could have come from that....
The only information about it on this forum that I could find insinuates that it is part of the "2013 valentines day" Love Shack quest line, which is "expired." It's sandwiched between 2 "expired" quests for the "2013 Valentines day" quest line thread... so I thought maybe they brought back the Love Shack for everyone to obtain, to fix this (MRC) mistake, so that everyone could craft alicorns... :( wishful thinking I guess...
-
Thank you for clarifying that it does not lead to the Love Shack.

Skeezaru
05-10-16, 11:31 PM
I think they're waiting for this to just blow over like the Essence Pool fiasco but this is so much worse than that. I have never come across such a low move in any game I've ever played!

You simply do not treat your customers - or just people in general - like this! I have no trust left with anything released in the future. Why would I ever buy another building etc. when it can turn into something else entirely the next day and lose its value? Why would I ever buy gems again?

The funny thing is I only just started buying gems again because of the MRC, because it made the game so much more fun and exciting! I have never bought energy (except in a 0.99 starter pack at the very beginning) and never will buy energy. But I was planning on treating myself to numerous gem items from the market because I was truly enjoying the game again. But obviously now I will not be spending another cent on the game!

Exactly... There is absolutely nothing to do on this game on Android... except for Monster Hunts. The Research center was an awesome goal to work toward... Now just 1 purple Alicorn is almost not possible on Android... I only spent money on Monster Hunts, just to keep up with IOS amounts (ALOT of money).... I had planned to spend at least $100 on the next Monster Hunt... Now I can't even open the game without feeling the loss of money... I would be buying an IOS device before I ever spent another dime on any storm 8 game, and with an IOS device, I wouldn't need to spend money... Too bad for storm 8 that Android OS is way better, and I will never switch, which means they do not get any more of my money... Sad for them...
-
Storm 8, you do realize that IOS does not have a monopoly on phone OS anymore right? This is 2016... >.> and your customer service is terrible...
-
We're still waiting...

cyndora
05-11-16, 06:30 AM
Hmmmmmmm, another day no response.....

Well, since we all know that we are all upset, let's try and help them along, because frankly I have too much money and time invested in this game. Very low blow indeed, but I just can't give up. And this is taking them too freaking long...

If they put the MRC Back to the way they advertised it, let us create alicorns in increments, first one is 5 , and raise it by 5 for each following one.....that would be fair for the first timers in making alicorns, also it would make your beastbane worth something over time....because it's looking like a shadey tool in my garden right now....and then so you still make money, you could change your little sales to not include energy, but something better.
Since we will have a surplus of energy, and personally I won't buy energy it's a waste, you can make bundles that have decorations, or resource givers or something more interesting . Over time energy purchased bundles WILL dwindle away , should just face that fact, and work on the future.
Even if someone had over 1000 purple alicorns.....so what, that's what they like, honestly you couldn't use it all, maybe it's just a decoration theme or something, who cares. Stop worrying about how much energy people have , and worry about how to gain the trust of your players back.
you can't give a gift on xmas, let the kids get all excited, then yank it out of their hands and hand them a ball of tinfoil?..

It all boils down to making that mighty dollar, but if you want people to spend money down the road, you really need to shine through this mess first. And your options seem limited. So why not take care of the players that are taking care of you?.

mymummy789
05-11-16, 08:03 AM
Well they are going to miss out on getting some money from me. I would have paid to get an extra dragon stone to have both dragons in the current event, but having bought enough gems to pay the 400 cost of the beastbane (missed out on the gem reward) which has turned out to be a very bad move I am not buying any more overly expensive items.

Radegast1
05-11-16, 09:07 AM
I also will not be spending any more $ and while I may continue to play CS will not download any additional S8 games.
At this point maybe more annoyed at the lack of communication then the behind the scenes manipulation of the game but both are frustrating

room27
05-11-16, 09:58 AM
Well they are going to miss out on getting some money from me. I would have paid to get an extra dragon stone to have both dragons in the current event, but having bought enough gems to pay the 400 cost of the beastbane (missed out on the gem reward) which has turned out to be a very bad move I am not buying any more overly expensive items.

Totally agree. I already wrote in the current quest's thread that I will not be buying a 2nd dragon because of the bait and switch with the beastbane. The beastbane was the last time I will ever spend real money to buy gems until if and when this is resolved. I feel so betrayed and taken advantage of by this move on S8's part. I am getting ready a 1 star review for the App Store.

icydove
05-11-16, 10:11 AM
I posted my review. I'll be willing to change it if things change, but they seem to be ignoring the issue.

[S8] Elsa
05-11-16, 11:03 AM
Your feedback has been shared with our development team for discussion. We appreciate all of the constructive feedback we've received regarding the Glimmer Alicorn and apologize for any frustration that the gameplay changes may have caused. Thank you for being patient.

Please remember to be constructive when sharing your feedback and be respectful of fellow forum members and moderators.
This is very important in order to continue the discussion. Please direct any concerns regarding posts to Forum Disputes.

cyndora
05-11-16, 11:14 AM
Elsa;1293425']Your feedback has been shared with our development team for discussion. We appreciate all of the constructive feedback we've received regarding the Glimmer Alicorn and apologize for any frustration that the gameplay changes may have caused. Thank you for being patient.

Please remember to be constructive when sharing your feedback and be respectful of fellow forum members and moderators.
This is very important in order to continue the discussion. Please direct any concerns regarding posts to Forum Disputes.

thank you for your response, i look forward to seeing what you guys come up with, concerning this situation..

azriX2012
05-11-16, 11:20 AM
Elsa;1293425']Your feedback has been shared with our development team for discussion. We appreciate all of the constructive feedback we've received regarding the Glimmer Alicorn and apologize for any frustration that the gameplay changes may have caused. Thank you for being patient.

Thank you!

[S8] Elsa
05-11-16, 11:37 AM
thank you for your response, i look forward to seeing what you guys come up with, concerning this situation..

I apologize for the delay. I wanted to wait to have news first, but I wanted to just acknowledge that we're listening. Thanks for hanging in there and huge thanks to SpiritWind for helping bring this to attention. :)

room27
05-11-16, 11:52 AM
Elsa;1293451']I apologize for the delay. I wanted to wait to have news first, but I wanted to just acknowledge that we're listening. Thanks for hanging in there and huge thanks to SpiritWind for helping bring this to attention. :)

Thank you. Just an acknowledgement of our dissatisfaction is a good step forward. Some of my fellow posters have put forth some good compromise ideas. If S8 feels they must make a change, unfair though that is, at least make a moderate change not an extreme one.

Elen4070
05-11-16, 12:54 PM
Elsa;1293451']I apologize for the delay. I wanted to wait to have news first, but I wanted to just acknowledge that we're listening. Thanks for hanging in there and huge thanks to SpiritWind for helping bring this to attention. :)

Thank you! We understand that some things take time, but just acknowledging this helps us be patient about it. Thank you for listening and trying to figure out alternatives.

Huge thanks to Spiritwind, the moderators and staff!

trailbean
05-11-16, 01:03 PM

Thank you for acknowledging the issue!

RockerTK
05-11-16, 01:58 PM
Thank you S8 for listening, and thanks to the moderators for keeping the posts as clean as possible. You guys do amazing work and my gf and me would sometimes be lost without you!

Now for the MRC..I felt the same as everybody and was as mad as anybody here. Also screaming and throwing furnitue around! No not that but you know..in my head. I understand the decision of making the Alicorns harder to get. It kinda sucks but okay, it was actually pretty easy to get like 10. So 50 gold tokens..too bad but hey! I also bought the beastbane for gold token purpose. But let it end at just 50 gold tokens..not only being able to craft one. Getting that amount is already difficult and will take a long time so its not like in 1 month i will have 10 alicorns and unlimited energy. The whole surprise of crafting as many as you want was amazing!! I mean come on :D army of glitter beasts!? YEAH BABY! But now..its all gone. So my suggestion: keep the unlimited amount of crafting, but just make them cost 50 gold tokens..maybe something else thats difficult to get? We will all GLADLY work for it! Maybe let them also cost 5 gems? Just an idea! 5 gems is not hard to get without spending money! :) anyway..hope S8 will do something with my idea(s) and hopefully the moderators will pass it through! Untill then, happy Naga hunting!!🤘

ktorewqas
05-11-16, 04:07 PM
If I could vote, I'd vote 5 troll tokens per Ali and unlimited crafting. Second choice would be 5, 10, 15 until 50 and no limit on Ali.

Radegast1
05-11-16, 04:37 PM
If I could vote, I'd vote 5 troll tokens per Ali and unlimited crafting. Second choice would be 5, 10, 15 until 50 and no limit on Ali.

I agree but can understand how unlimited purple Alicorn could interfere with the game. Was lucky enough to get two before calamity. Did plan to get 3 more

ragingray
05-11-16, 08:54 PM
Well, another day and still no reply, seems S8 dragging there feet on this. Is S8 waiting to see how long before people stop posting. Once again i am requesting a reply form S8 when they will answer this question, yea a deadline when they will answer this.
Do they think this is fair to make these changes? Make these changes with out a explaination.

Are they really taking this long to explain, see my logic is this.
They did something and Castle story community members thought it was a great deal, so we made PURCHASES base on this.
They made changes so our purchase dimished in Value.
NOW S8 made changes....why is it they can not tell us why they made the change. The change has already been DONE, they can not seriously be looking for a explaination why they made these changes.
THEY had a reason why they changed things, and WE want to know there reason, because if we the Castle story community don't think this change is justified ....well lets just say i will stop here.

kellbell710
05-11-16, 09:57 PM
I hope S8 makes this right. I mean they have made some bad moves in the past but this is by far the worst ever.

jaymieb2
05-11-16, 10:02 PM
I have been diligently collecting from my Beastbane Display daily. I currently have 51 Staff tokens and 99 Sword tokens (some collected during the Hunt). Since the next Monster Hunt is still a long way off, I will soon be collecting silver colored tokens that I cannot store or use.

And I do understand that rare drop means unusual, but I still have not received even one gold Troll token from my Beastbane Display. Not during the Hunt, and not since the Hunt ended. Very frustrating, indeed.

I bought the BBD with cash to give me an advantage to earning Alicorns in the MRC. No Troll tokens = no advantage, and one Alicorn was not the contract that I agreed to.

Waiting for the first golden token to drop from what appears to be a broken or malfunctioning BBD.