PDA

View Full Version : Non-stop Jewel Mania pop-ups disrupting game

kiyora282
04-14-16, 08:11 PM
S.O.S. PLEASE HELP!

Out of the blue, I received this Jewel Mania pop-up congratulating me for successful installation of the game.
It then requests me to buy a table to receive the reward.
I successfully bought a table.
I was given 4 gems.
Then the 'Processing' bar appeared.
4 gems were deducted.
Thereafter the whole process goes on auto-repeat.

The only time it stops popping up is when I write on my wall. I barely have enough time to collect tips or bake. When I visit my neighbors to attempt to leave tips, I'm not able to, as the pop-ups appear non-stop. It even appears when I check out he Help/FAQ/ settings!

I already bought 4 tables before concluding this is a glitch.

I have switched off my device twice.
I have uninstalled and re-installed Bakery Story but the pop-ups did not go away.

I have installed Jewel Mania sometime ago so it's puzzling why this pop-up suddenly appeared. . I did not re-install Jewel Mania or any other game or app for that matter before this glitch happened.

BS version 1.7.7
iOS 9.3.1

Please urgently help me to fix this, thank you! I want to resume playing normally, plus, do my goals....

Rynetory2
04-14-16, 10:26 PM
Can you delete the Jewel Mania and reinstall again? It may help to stop the pop ups. Thanks for your feedback.

kiyora282
04-15-16, 02:45 AM
Thank you so much for your reply.

Upon further inspection, apparently, I no longer have the Jewel Mania app on my device.
Normally, I would remove the app after I receive the gem (Ooops sorry).

Should I re-install Jewel Mania back on my device? Please advise the next course of action, thanks.

SpiritWind00
04-15-16, 02:49 AM
Thank you so much for your reply.

Upon further inspection, apparently, I no longer have the Jewel Mania app on my device.
Normally, I would remove the app after I receive the gem (Ooops sorry).

Should I re-install Jewel Mania back on my device? Please advise the next course of action, thanks.
Yes, and then force close your apps and see how you get on. Let us know how you get on. :)
(✳️ Force close: double click home screen, swipe up and off the screen the thumbnail pics. This clears device memory. )

kiyora282
04-15-16, 09:29 AM
I reinstalled Jewel Mania but didn't open the app.

I wasn't sure how to do the force-close as you mentioned. (Which home screen?....)
So, I decided to just check out if the pop-up was still there in Bakery Story....and it was indeed still there.

I bought another table as the pop-up instructed...got the 4 gems..and the next pop-up goal is to reach Level 6 in Jewel Mania.
I waited, but the first pop-ups (congratulating me and to buy table) didn't reappear.
However, the goal (to reach Level 6) is still listed in my goals.

I was able to resume playing back to normal - gifting, visiting my neighbors and leaving tips without the pop-up reappearing.

Thank you so much for your assistance.

I hope the pop-ups won't appear again. I guess I have to wait out for 12 more days until that Jewel Mania goal disappears from my goal list...

PikaSquirrel
04-15-16, 11:35 AM
We'll look into this. Please let us know if anyone else is experiencing this issue, thanks!

William1958
04-16-16, 07:45 AM
Hi. Am waiting for the next level installation, which would be 607.

Rynetory2
04-16-16, 07:33 PM
Hi. Am waiting for the next level installation, which would be 607.

Hi, are you referring to Jewel Mania? If so, please use the Jewel Mania (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?207-Jewel-Mania) forum. Thank you.