PDA

View Full Version : Castle Update 4/15: new in the market - Legendary Trap

SpiritWind00
04-14-16, 04:02 PM
New market item with a chance to drop gold troll tokens. That means it may not!

Post from ShibuyaCloth

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb806050.png_2v_31020.png
Legendary Trap (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_LegendaryTrap)
Info: Chop to lure a rare monster, with a chance for a Troll Token! Warning: Will not work if there is a monster on your board.
Type: Decoration
Source: Purchase
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 25 gems
Comments: Can be cleared in 1 actions

Post from Sandybellee

New on the market. Has a chance to drop a troll token! I wonder if these trigger glimmer golems and blue boars?

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30186 http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30187

danzplace
04-14-16, 04:31 PM
I bought one and received a dire boar. It gave me enough staff tokens to make my 70 gold coin. Less expensive than buying a coin outright with gems. Good luck all!

SpiritWind00
04-14-16, 04:34 PM
Do you mean it dropped more staff coins than normal at the end, or was it that you only needed a couple more to get your gold token?

No gold token?

dragon2046
04-14-16, 04:34 PM
I bought one it triggered purple g for me it was the exact same drops and energy used as the purple g with the daily goals. :) Mine did not drop a gold troll token. :/. Sorry no pics.

danzplace
04-14-16, 05:39 PM
No gold token, unfortunately. I did receive The twelve staff token I needed, which is much higher than what I usually get from a boar.

kschlag
04-14-16, 06:26 PM
I got a blue boar that gave me at least 9 sword tokens and 11 staff tokens. It was pretty much just like any other blue boar, though I think it gave me more silver than the dead tree ones. I'm curious if anyone gets a gold token from one of these traps.

LadyFencer
04-14-16, 06:49 PM
Mine triggered a blue dire boar. I got lots of shield tokens, not sure how many sword tokens (sorry) and 10 staff tokens--enough that I am doing my second gold token of the day, which NEVER happens. No gold token from the beastie.

sunnyhook
04-14-16, 08:58 PM
Mine triggered a blue dire boar. I received 24 shield tokens, 7 sword tokens, and ten staff tokens! No gold troll tokens, but at least even though it's only a "chance" of a troll token, you still get a high output of the other, especially staff tokens. I may be able to make my second gold token today as well, which has never happened so in a way, I did get a gold token out of this, just indirectly! I am happy, just interest to see if anyone gets a gold. I think if it was 10 gems I would buy more of them. 25 is a bit much for me, I'm a newbie. :)

Elen4070
04-14-16, 09:34 PM
Will these traps work on summoning monsters outside of monster season?
And if yes, will they drop tokens?

Korlcek
04-15-16, 12:47 AM
looks like gold token is a rare drop.

ashoxo
04-15-16, 12:58 AM
Mine triggered a glimmer golem, no gold troll coin but huge pay off with regular coins. Around 20+ each of shield and sword and 15 staff.

sourp4tch
04-15-16, 10:06 AM
Hey hey!

Wanted to chime in with some clarification here!

Please note that while the Legendary Trap will spawn monsters outside of Monster Hunt seasons, the token drops from all monsters are only active during seasons - therefore, if you spawn a Blue Dire Boar or Purple Glimmer Golem from a Legendary Trap outside of a Monster Hunt season, you will not get any tokens when attacking/slaying it outside of Monster Hunt seasons.

The chance for a Troll Token dropping from the Legendary Trap is likewise unaffected by whether or not a Monster Hunt season is active.

Hope that helps!

Seriously700
04-15-16, 12:02 PM
Based on this small sample size, it seems that spending 50 gems for 2 traps will give you approximately enough drops to trade for 1 gold coin. But for the same number of gems, you can "buy" a gold coin in the trade wagon, without having to spend all that energy ****ing the monsters. It seems there would have to be a decent drop rate of gold coins to make this worthwhile. Otherwise, this is overpriced.

Elen4070
04-15-16, 04:24 PM
Hey hey!

Wanted to chime in with some clarification here!

Please note that while the Legendary Trap will spawn monsters outside of Monster Hunt seasons, the token drops from all monsters are only active during seasons - therefore, if you spawn a Blue Dire Boar or Purple Glimmer Golem from a Legendary Trap outside of a Monster Hunt season, you will not get any tokens when attacking/slaying it outside of Monster Hunt seasons.

The chance for a Troll Token dropping from the Legendary Trap is likewise unaffected by whether or not a Monster Hunt season is active.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for the Info!

Elen4070
04-15-16, 04:33 PM
I got a blue dire boar, dropped 22 shield, 6 sword and 10 staff tokens.

It's true it's a bit overpriced, but you don't just get the coin, you get the drops from the beast and the drops from the trade, in addition to the gold troll token.

Skeezaru
04-15-16, 08:47 PM
I agree with this, it's not very balanced, other than the extra items you get from the actual trade, which this season are mostly gates. Repeat gates, repeat gates.... I have 10 of each kind of gate, but cannot get the metal fences I wanted.

I have bought 4 traps so far, I'm on android, the monsters are the exact same ones from the timed hunt challenges. The first 3 gave me blue dire boar. The last one gave me purple troll. None have dropped gold token. The blue boars drop around 10-15 staff, purple golems I think it's set at 15? Sword tokens 10 I think on each, maybe 5-10 on blue dire boars....
I wasted a lot of gold tokens on the loreili fountain last hunt, which still has not returned the tokens I spent to get it lol... :(
I have 42 tokens at the moment, and won't be able to get the research center until next hunt... this is the most I've had at once, but I spent a lot of gems this hunt so far... lotta gem trades, purchased a pack, and bought $14 in gems... I still haven't completed the "**** 55 skunk / fang" challenge, they are too hard to find...
Also the shield to sword ratio is off for android now, we have too many sword tokens. I can't use mine, they're just going to waste. "Cannot hold anymore sword tokens"

:(
Plz make a way to get tokens out of hunt, EDIT: That doesn't cost 400 gems, and take 22h timer, and only drop 1 token, with extremely low rate on gold lol..... or make hunts more often, or even better, just make them permanent drops from monsters. That would be the greatest idea in the world...

stanglady1
04-15-16, 11:02 PM
got a Glimmer Troll and a Gold Token from the trap.
Statistics: 46 shield, 9 sword and 14 staff tokens

parlski
04-16-16, 12:51 PM
bought it, tried it, fought a blue boar, don't recall exactly what it gave but in my small opinion: not worth the 25 gems spent

jbfps116
04-17-16, 07:01 AM
did 7 traps in a row... ALL gave blue boars and NONE gave gold tokens... I was going to try ten traps and see how much benefit they are but it seems like I won't be buying any more! If they gave golems like 50% and tokens at least 25 % I would definitely buy more, but it looks like it won't be that way!!!

gilachaya
04-17-16, 12:01 PM
I did 14 traps. I got 3 golems and 11 blue boars. No gold token.

Skeezaru
04-17-16, 01:57 PM
I just bought my 8th trap, and when I chopped it, a gold token poped out with the monster. So the Token doesn't drop off the monsters, it actually drops off the Trap itself...
19 Tokens from research center :(

Elen4070
04-17-16, 03:19 PM
I just bought my 8th trap, and when I chopped it, a gold token poped out with the monster. So the Token doesn't drop off the monsters, it actually drops off the Trap itself...
19 Tokens from research center :(

Yeah I'd thought that, if you were to get a gold token it would be from the traPor rather than the monster. Good to confirm!

I know the goals seem almost unreachable, but you'll get your research center. Patience.

On a personal comment, I'd rather spend 50 gems on two traps than on a single purchase of one gold token because it gives many other drops, including the monster drops, and trade drops, even if a gold token is not guaranteed... But that may be just me,

jbfps116
04-18-16, 08:13 AM
10 traps, ALL but 1 were blue boars, and NONE gave me gold tokens.