PDA

View Full Version : Lost Bones Dragon- Crafting Dragon (Ends May 17)

kooky panda
04-12-16, 02:57 PM
Ends May 17!

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30103&d=1460497761 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30103&d=1460497761)

Niire
04-12-16, 02:58 PM
T Rex's More bad to the bone cousin!! (With baby arms and all!) LOVE it!! RAWRRRRR!!!!

ericrypt
04-12-16, 03:01 PM
Look at that mischievous grin! Can't wait to score this one!

hestiarulez
04-12-16, 03:12 PM
Thanks S8 for the Dino type mining dragon. My Dino dragon has been super lonely in his habitat for months!

DragonPhoenix6
04-12-16, 04:15 PM
Such a gorgeous dragon, I love it!
And I can finally buy a dino habitat! :D

AuroraLava
04-12-16, 05:29 PM
I only managed one of the hidden gem dragons so I am trying to get two of these. Starting off with 18 bombs on the first day...that is a lot for me since I don't have a bomb dragon and barely any food to evolve!!!

edit: I got 26 footprints with 18 bombs...I hope my mining improves.

Good luck everyone.

jjblueyes
04-12-16, 11:35 PM
I put Dino in the stable and sold the habitat as its been such an issue for me, room and habitats. One day I will bring him out to play with the others!

Jen

Bastiaan0
04-13-16, 12:24 PM
Cool looking dragon :)
Finally Dino won't be alone anymore :D
So far 69 footprints from 30 bombs.

amerirish
04-13-16, 01:50 PM
<3 LOVE! <3 Most excellent design work Mr. FlatFoot :D

This has got to be the dragon-est looking dragon we've had in a long time! :)

Hawk1
04-13-16, 03:43 PM
66 footprints ...can't wait to get this gorgeous dragon on my island

I now regret not getting Demolition

DeeDe99
04-13-16, 05:21 PM
134 footprints. Sorry I forget how many bombs, but I started with 60 something.

I've got a second Dino habitat. Decided to keep my dup Triceratops for breeding, very useful for getting Life dragons on demand, and raise up the other one for fighting. So Bones will have company.

ma1eficent
04-14-16, 06:59 PM
Hmm, do you think this will be a good fighter dragon?

belbar22
04-15-16, 07:40 AM
On my nest. Yay.

belbar22
04-15-16, 07:41 AM
66 footprints ...can't wait to get this gorgeous dragon on my island

I now regret not getting Demolition

One of my better purchases. I started with 96 bombs.

Grizzy91810
04-15-16, 07:46 AM
25 footprints so far. I would have 30 or so but my game especially likes to crash while in the mine, thus losing bombs to mine with and the prizes I am in the process of winning.

DragonPhoenix6
04-15-16, 02:00 PM
Gorgeous! I am already crafting my first one and gathering footprints for a second!

hiabarara
04-16-16, 02:38 AM
A Dino Type Dragon! That's a nice surprise :) Now my Dino Dragon will get some companion. I never managed to breed any Dino Type except two normal Dino Dragons.

DeeDe99
04-16-16, 03:16 AM
A Dino Type Dragon! That's a nice surprise :) Now my Dino Dragon will get some companion. I never managed to breed any Dino Type except two normal Dino Dragons.

I had a spare Triceratops in the Stable. Have brought him out to share a second habitat with this new one. Isn't it odd? I've bred 2 triceratops, a dino and a pterodactyl (in that order). Breeding certainly varies between accounts!

Kennedward
04-16-16, 06:13 AM
Got 200 minutes after its release, just waiting for Tales event to finish so I can craft this

islanddoll1
04-16-16, 05:41 PM
Such a gorgeous dragon, I love it!
And I can finally buy a dino habitat! :D

I know right! me too!!

Kennedward
04-17-16, 12:56 AM
Crafting it now that I no longer need to craft for Tales

DeeDe99
04-19-16, 02:02 AM
The question is, do I have any use for two, or do I just sit on bombs until the new dragon? I really have no need for two. But with all these long incubating times, there ends up being nothing to do in the game.

I think one will do.

Kennedward
04-19-16, 06:34 AM
I only keep 1 of each dragon I have because I don't have the space for it, not sure how others are though

DeeDe99
04-19-16, 06:42 AM
I've got two each of Fire, Air, Forest and Jewelry. Jewelry because I can't bring myself to dispose of the Diamond parent, and the other is epic. I also have two each of Crusader, Gold and Quetzal. I'd like a spare Diamond for breeding, but so far no luck. My general rule is one only. I don't need large gems any more, so no need to trade for large. Really, therefore, no need for two! The food can be handy......

Hepatu
04-19-16, 06:47 AM
The only issue I can see is if you stop mining after 1 dragon you'll miss all the food you get from mining. If you waste a lot of bombs it can run up in a serious amount of food you don't get

DeeDe99
04-19-16, 06:55 AM
I don't know about your mine, Hepatu, but I really get not much food from the dragon side of the mine. The land side I got 15,000 the other day (lots of dynamite), but the dragon side can be very frugal with the bonuses. I didn't really miss it last time when I stopped mining waiting for the new dragon. But you are right, it is certainly a consideration.

Bastiaan0
04-19-16, 12:36 PM
I don't know about your mine, Hepatu, but I really get not much food from the dragon side of the mine. The land side I got 15,000 the other day (lots of dynamite), but the dragon side can be very frugal with the bonuses. I didn't really miss it last time when I stopped mining waiting for the new dragon. But you are right, it is certainly a consideration.

Ever since I understood the logic of mining, my averages are 300 apples/bomb and 600 apples/dynamite. This is very consistent with my average of 2.2 items/explosive. Or, there is a 25% chance of getting any bonus (apples or coins).
Spreadsheets don't lie :p

Kennedward
04-20-16, 06:25 AM
I've got two each of Fire, Air, Forest and Jewelry. Jewelry because I can't bring myself to dispose of the Diamond parent, and the other is epic. I also have two each of Crusader, Gold and Quetzal. I'd like a spare Diamond for breeding, but so far no luck. My general rule is one only. I don't need large gems any more, so no need to trade for large. Really, therefore, no need for two! The food can be handy......

Same here, ever since those gem dragons can be bred, I no longer need to trade for gems

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-20-16, 07:37 AM
Same here, ever since those gem dragons can be bred, I no longer need to trade for gems

What about when you need them for Dragon Tales? That's one reason why I trade for them. I also still craft dragons as I only have the one breeding den, no roost and it certainly helped when the Leaderboard event was going on.

DeeDe99
04-20-16, 03:13 PM
What about when you need them for Dragon Tales? That's one reason why I trade for them. I also still craft dragons as I only have the one breeding den, no roost and it certainly helped when the Leaderboard event was going on.

Small gems for dragon tales, so need to trade rare, not super rare from the collections.

wookiee77
04-21-16, 04:43 AM
I've never really been one to gush over dragons, but this one looks awesome! I think since I've been unsuccessful in breeding for a Dino I'll go for two... How long do we have from the start date? I found I finished early last time and was waiting around missing out with a maxed out 25 bombs...

MaribouMay
04-21-16, 08:28 AM
I've never really been one to gush over dragons, but this one looks awesome! I think since I've been unsuccessful in breeding for a Dino I'll go for two... How long do we have from the start date? I found I finished early last time and was waiting around missing out with a maxed out 25 bombs...

We usually get 4 or 4.5 weeks for each mining dragon. If the timing is typical we will have until tuesday May 10th or friday May 13th. The last mining dragon went longer at 5 weeks. But, I think that was due to having a lot of other events going on. I can't recall it ever being less than 4 weeks and we always get a warning on or around the tuesday or friday prior to the end date. So if friday May 6th comes around without an end date warning, we probably have until the 13th.

Clark_Wayne
04-21-16, 05:31 PM
started my crafting :)
hmm i think i will have enough time for a 2nd LOL

DeeDe99
04-21-16, 07:02 PM
Mine is hatched, just waiting for Supreme to get out of the Temple! Need another Temple!

Niire
04-21-16, 07:07 PM
Mine is hatched, just waiting for Supreme to get out of the Temple! Need another Temple!

I couldn't agree more with this if I tried!! SOOO many babies waiting in the wings, it's something I'd actually be willing to pay for for a week, like the diamond temple and roost.

wookiee77
04-21-16, 09:29 PM
We usually get 4 or 4.5 weeks for each mining dragon. If the timing is typical we will have until tuesday May 10th or friday May 13th. The last mining dragon went longer at 5 weeks. But, I think that was due to having a lot of other events going on. I can't recall it ever being less than 4 weeks and we always get a warning on or around the tuesday or friday prior to the end date. So if friday May 6th comes around without an end date warning, we probably have until the 13th.

Cool thanks. That's what I was thinking, will see how long it takes me (I got screwed around a bit on my last few bombing runs) maybe it will be best if I just re-fill for the next one in case it's as good :)

Kennedward
04-23-16, 12:21 AM

I don't need any for Tales as I already have many gems

Bastiaan0
04-25-16, 08:33 AM
Crafting right now, will be done in about 3 hours :)
Then the long wait for the egg to hatch...
Don't need a second, but as always I keep mining for the food ;)

ericrypt
04-25-16, 11:42 AM
It's freaking huge when epic! I just got mine out of the evolution temple!

Hepatu
04-25-16, 12:48 PM
I haven't even evolved to lvl 4 yet.
I'm working on my 4 new diamonds I got not so long ago. So far they are lvl 15, 13, 10 and 6 ☺

ma1eficent
04-26-16, 10:17 AM
Wow how do you manage to do it people? I have 94 pieces so far, I wonder if I will get them all until it is up and you already have it crafting? How do you do it? :)

Bastiaan0
04-26-16, 12:47 PM
Wow how do you manage to do it people? I have 94 pieces so far, I wonder if I will get them all until it is up and you already have it crafting? How do you do it? :)

Some of us have bomb producing dragons, I don't. Just careful planning of evolutions and an average of 2.2 items per bomb is more than enough, I usually make it to two dragons.

For mining improvement you might have a look at http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide
;)

kooky panda
04-26-16, 12:50 PM
It's freaking huge when epic! I just got mine out of the evolution temple!

Can you post a screenshot?

Hepatu
04-26-16, 01:37 PM
Some of us have bomb producing dragons, I don't. Just careful planning of evolutions and an average of 2.2 items per bomb is more than enough, I usually make it to two dragons.

For mining improvement you might have a look at http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide
;)

I don't have any bomb dragons either and so far 88 pieces for my 2nd dragon.

Niire
04-26-16, 02:57 PM

I don't have a bomb dragon, but have mine halfway done on the nest now. :) Just have to constantly evolve, and be sure you don't go over 25 bombs in storage. That guide Bastiaan posted is amazing as well, for actual bombing strategy.

divanightclub
04-27-16, 04:48 PM
I'm crafting my Lost Bones Dragon now...(woohoo) 😄

random59
04-27-16, 04:49 PM
I'm crafting my Lost Bones Dragon now...(woohoo) ��

LIkewise, how long does it take on the nest?

Bastiaan0
04-27-16, 04:54 PM
LIkewise, how long does it take on the nest?

27 hours. Be prepared ;)

whitewineglass
04-27-16, 04:54 PM
At 90 fossils now.. Not sure if I'd make it before it's gone! Been constantly evolving my dragons, I'm wondering is the number of bombs given random or dependant on the dragons you are evolving?

lnztrekfan
04-27-16, 04:58 PM
You get 1 bomb for every 4 hrs of evolving time. I don't think type of dragon matters.

Bastiaan0
04-27-16, 05:04 PM
One bomb for every 4 hours evolving time. Still not sure about the remaining hours if it's not a 4-fold, e.g. 15 hours can give 3 or 4 bombs. Don't know if that is random, pre-determinated, or cumulative with previous evolves. Maybe I should keep a list for that...

random59
04-27-16, 05:32 PM
27 hours. Be prepared ;)

Thanks!

Kennedward
04-28-16, 07:50 AM

See my signature, I have 5 bomb producing dragons

Btw, crafted a 2nd one just for fun, since I still have 350 bombs right now

Hawk1
04-28-16, 10:35 AM
FINALLY crafting :)

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-28-16, 11:07 AM
Just started crafting my first a couple of hours ago.

groovyedwin
04-28-16, 11:31 PM
In the habitat. Not sure when I will level it since no need for bombs until next month.

clarity625
04-29-16, 10:07 AM
Currently 193 pieces. Would have been crafting by now, had I been a more careful miner.

JulieandMaryn
04-29-16, 11:46 PM
Excited to be crafting my first mining dragon! :D

Kennedward
04-30-16, 06:59 AM
Just got a 3rd one lol

lenasdinner
05-01-16, 01:53 AM
Just got a 3rd one lol

I need three more parts for my first and only one dragon.waiting Etemple to finish to get at least 2 bombs.
5 producing dragons on your island,very impresive....I would be happy just for one .dident have enough gold to buy it on sale....but maybe one day.at least I menage for one with bombs from the temple.this last edition of big birthday bash made my mining to use more than just once and not loosing parts that I've collected,even I'm not so perfect,happy if I get 2 parts or 3 with one bomb.

Kennedward
05-01-16, 06:32 AM
I need three more parts for my first and only one dragon.waiting Etemple to finish to get at least 2 bombs.
5 producing dragons on your island,very impresive....I would be happy just for one .dident have enough gold to buy it on sale....but maybe one day.at least I menage for one with bombs from the temple.this last edition of big birthday bash made my mining to use more than just once and not loosing parts that I've collected,even I'm not so perfect,happy if I get 2 parts or 3 with one bomb.

Good luck!

I didn't realize it at first, but now I do, 5 is too many lol I think 1 is too little, maybe 2 or 3 is enough to keep a steady rate of bombs coming in

sheyteneeee
05-02-16, 08:58 AM
Hi, anybody know when the lost bones dragon will end? Normally it lasted a month or more?

ericrypt
05-02-16, 09:22 AM
See my signature, I have 5 bomb producing dragons

Btw, crafted a 2nd one just for fun, since I still have 350 bombs right now

Impressive island, added you. What are those two with your Ying/Yang? never seen them.

lnztrekfan
05-02-16, 09:31 AM
Excited to be crafting my first mining dragon! :D

Sending you Congratulations!!:) JulieandMaryn :)

athenageez
05-02-16, 11:06 AM
I have zero bomb producing dragons and don't spend gold anymore. About to craft my second Lost Bones. I have sooo many dragons in line to be evolved because I keep fails that are under 12 hours for trading. So I've *always* got something evolving and time things out so that I know I'll be awake/available when they're finished evolving.

I'm sure when I'm a higher level and have been at this longer I won't have the room to hang onto my trades. For now it at least helps me with bombs :D

Kennedward
05-03-16, 07:53 AM
Impressive island, added you. What are those two with your Ying/Yang? never seen them.

I have so many dragons I can't name them all lol, they're from a previous event, which I also forgot since there's just so many LOL

ericrypt
05-03-16, 09:53 AM
Hahaha! awesome.;)

hiabarara
05-03-16, 10:34 AM
I'm only at 120 pieces, but I think I'll still manage to get it.
I'm just so far behind because my game crashed after literally every bomb for a while. Now it works slightly better ("only" need to restart after 3 or 4 bombs). But then I reached a really weird bottleneck - I had no dragons for my Evolution Temple :eek: I have no idea how this even happened. I keep most of my duplicate dragons, evolve them and trade them, but apparently they all had such short evolution times that I ended up with an empty Temple for a day or two. That was so weird. Never happened before.

Hepatu
05-03-16, 02:23 PM
Kooky, you asked for a ss of epic lost bone. Here he is next to epic diamonds. He is not that huge imo as someone said

amerirish
05-04-16, 01:16 PM
Hi, anybody know when the lost bones dragon will end? Normally it lasted a month or more?

Wondering the same thing....I'm kind of anxious for the next dragon in the mine. Also, I'm not evolving because I don't want to waste bombs, but would like to start again. Any info yet?

Kennedward
05-06-16, 05:57 AM
Wondering the same thing....I'm kind of anxious for the next dragon in the mine. Also, I'm not evolving because I don't want to waste bombs, but would like to start again. Any info yet?

Same here, got 400 bombs waiting for the next dragon!

D_Raho
05-06-16, 11:07 AM
Since this one started on the 12th of April, I have to imagine that the earliest it would expire is Friday the 13th.

I have absolutely been loving these type choices as of late. Using lesser/minor types like Stone, Dino and Metal. I hope the trend continues.

ievuxia
05-07-16, 11:31 AM
Is it normal to get only 2 bombs for evolving this dragon? It's my first mining dragon so I dunno how many bombs I'm supposed to get from these.

roguebee
05-07-16, 11:51 AM
Is it normal to get only 2 bombs for evolving this dragon? It's my first mining dragon so I dunno how many bombs I'm supposed to get from these.

No, you should have received the normal 1 bomb per 4 hours of evolving (27 hours would give you a minimum of 6, sometimes 7). How many bombs did you have prior to getting the dragon out of the evolution temple?

1969venus
05-07-16, 02:07 PM
Crafting mine, 8hrs left..

ievuxia
05-07-16, 02:35 PM
No, you should have received the normal 1 bomb per 4 hours of evolving (27 hours would give you a minimum of 6, sometimes 7). How many bombs did you have prior to getting the dragon out of the evolution temple?

That's what I thought, so it seemed very weird that I got only 2. I had 23 bombs and now I have 25..

Niire
05-07-16, 02:49 PM
That's what I thought, so it seemed very weird that I got only 2. I had 23 bombs and now I have 25..

There is a 25 bomb limit, sadly...so if you get more than 25, they go to limbo. :(

ievuxia
05-07-16, 03:29 PM
There is a 25 bomb limit, sadly...so if you get more than 25, they go to limbo. :(

Oh, I didn't think of that! Thanks so much for telling me :) it's the first time that I reached 25 bombs so I never knew there's a limit.

Kennedward
05-07-16, 08:01 PM

Unless you have bomb dragons like me, then you can break the 25 limit :cool: 452 bombs right now

PinkBubbles75
05-09-16, 05:22 PM
My first one is crafting now, it'll be ready to place on the nest by tomorrow morning. My dino habitat will finally be full lol

hiabarara
05-13-16, 04:10 AM
I finally started crafting my first one and I'm really excited for this new Dino Dragon :o

So I'm ready for a new one :D

belarica
05-13-16, 05:42 AM
I've got 58 bombs saved for the next one :)

silverybunny
05-13-16, 10:00 AM
Does anyone one know when the new one will start? I crafted one and have 25 bombs and a diamond ready to come off evolution temple.

lenasdinner
05-13-16, 10:27 AM
maybe on tuesday,if the last days of crafting starts today

amerirish
05-13-16, 10:33 AM
Ends 05/17 (next Tuesday)

zyfazix
05-13-16, 12:36 PM
Aii, will have to rush to finish this one, right now I am around 93 pieces towards the first dragon with a few bombs saved up

Kennedward
05-13-16, 09:03 PM
Finally the timer's here, I can't wait for the next dragon, with 600 bombs waiting for it :cool:

snowyhillz
05-13-16, 09:42 PM
Finally the timer's here, I can't wait for the next dragon, with 600 bombs waiting for it :cool:

Lol.. I have 25 :) and looking forward to the next one

Kennedward
05-14-16, 12:25 AM
Lol.. I have 25 :) and looking forward to the next one

I'll get the next one within 20 mins or so, just like I did with this one and the few previous ones, ever since I got 5 bomb dragons lol

Bastiaan0
05-16-16, 11:02 AM

You will probably the first (and only? :p) one to hit 999 bombs, my guess is that it is the 'new' limit. Please let us know... ;)

As for me, I don't need the bomb producers because I've got (way more than) enough to evolve for the next months. To be exact: 2490 evolving hours pending for my unique dragons, not including the gold producers. Not to mention all those duplicates I want to trade...

Just threw the last bomb in the mine for this dragon. Now on 20 bombs, put Hot Chocolate in the temple about an hour ago, which will give another 5 bombs tomorrow. Because the new mining dragon usually arrives when I'm asleep, need to build in some security and will evolve Lost Bones after Hot Chocolate, giving me a good start on the next mining dragon :)

Small recap on this one: 205 bombs, 460 footprints, 1 Lost Bones, 64000 apples and 121400 coins ;)

amerirish
05-16-16, 12:03 PM
I can't wait to see what the next mining dragon will be :D I only have one bomb producing dragon but have 82 bombs on hand with a Night in the evolution temple, so 5 more at least to come tomorrow. It would be so cool to get a Tropic or new Olympus dragon!!

EvieandIzzie
05-16-16, 02:53 PM
Well another personal goal achieved for me.
This is my first success at a Mining dragon and it is a design I really like and my first dino type dragon which was the big attraction as well.:D
I do not have any bomb producing dragons and I am not constantly evolving my dragons so I think it will be a long time before I can achieve another one, in fact I am more likely to give up this game before then.

DeeDe99
05-16-16, 03:19 PM
EvieandIzzie I have 98 level 3 dragons waiting to get to level 4. My evolution temple is never empty. In fact I seriously think it needs an annual maintenance check early, the usage hours are probably over the schedule.

Congratulations on your first mining dragon!

EvieandIzzie
05-16-16, 05:30 PM
EvieandIzzie I have 98 level 3 dragons waiting to get to level 4. My evolution temple is never empty. In fact I seriously think it needs an annual maintenance check early, the usage hours are probably over the schedule.

Congratulations on your first mining dragon!
I have lots of under-developed dragons, but I like to bring them up to at least adult. Therefore I am not really a breeder or hatcher, over 50 dragons in storage, I feed 4 dragons, one for each level of development, a day essentially one bit, so I can bring up my food stocks for Tales.
I have 8 level 15 dragons, 6 level 12, 17 level 11, 64 level 10 dragons and lots under that. So if I were to stay here I have years to go before I get my dragons on to level 15. I do wish S8 increased the number of allowable farms.;)

LavaMagic
05-17-16, 05:58 AM
How long does it usually take for them to add a new mining dragon when this one expires?

Bastiaan0
05-17-16, 06:06 AM
How long does it usually take for them to add a new mining dragon when this one expires?

About 4 hours, so around 2:30 pm Dragon Story Time ;)

Kennedward
05-17-16, 06:49 AM
You will probably the first (and only? :p) one to hit 999 bombs, my guess is that it is the 'new' limit. Please let us know... ;)

As for me, I don't need the bomb producers because I've got (way more than) enough to evolve for the next months. To be exact: 2490 evolving hours pending for my unique dragons, not including the gold producers. Not to mention all those duplicates I want to trade...

Just threw the last bomb in the mine for this dragon. Now on 20 bombs, put Hot Chocolate in the temple about an hour ago, which will give another 5 bombs tomorrow. Because the new mining dragon usually arrives when I'm asleep, need to build in some security and will evolve Lost Bones after Hot Chocolate, giving me a good start on the next mining dragon :)

Small recap on this one: 205 bombs, 460 footprints, 1 Lost Bones, 64000 apples and 121400 coins ;)

I miss those days, now I only have very few dragons to evolve, so I rely on my bomb dragons to get bombs.

Anyways, looking forward for this one to expire so I can get the next one

zyfazix
05-17-16, 09:07 AM
Started crafting. Had to spend some gold for extra bombs because I neglected mining until last week when the end note popped up. I used 92 bombs in total of which 14 were bought, excluding bombs that were lost to crashing

amerirish
05-17-16, 10:15 AM

Yup, or around 5:00 PM EST :)

lenasdinner
05-17-16, 10:21 AM
cant wait for the new dragon,I just put Lost Bones to E tample,so I wouldent loose any of bombs. I don't have any bomb producing dragon,so every bomb it's good for me....

LavaMagic
05-17-16, 02:22 PM

Thank you!

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
05-17-16, 02:54 PM
Its up and running now

ericrypt
05-17-16, 10:19 PM
Seriously?? Another serpent ripoff?? Guess I'll keep saving my bombs until TL can come up with something original.

missourijan
05-19-16, 05:13 AM
So how in the world does everybody get all these bombs! And can you actually achieve one of these without bomb dragons? My bombs started coming in my game for this lost bones dragon and within a few hours I had 50 of 200 footpriints. Then this newest event started and for 17 hours evolution I would get 2-4 bombs. I kept mining but it expired well before I could get anywhere near 200. I didnt even get to 100.