PDA

View Full Version : Cooking camp or Mythic Research Center?

queenaleecia
04-12-16, 01:09 AM
I only have enough for one. Which one should I get?

ShibuyaCloth
04-12-16, 01:55 AM
Do you need more Kitchen Power (adventure) or Animals, then you got your primary answer.

transberry
04-12-16, 05:33 AM
Get the research center now, they could change the alicorn craft at anytime, making it harder to create, limiting them, making the materials needed for them rare

Get it and craft alicorn said now. Energy is always more important during events than extra kitchens

I have 3 kitchens that get used rarely unless it's events

But it took over 2 years to craft 1 alicorn that gives energy once a week

mautzu
04-12-16, 06:06 AM

I got the center and even managed to craft one ali, though I finished almost all the blue boars and purple golems (android) so I might craft my second only if I'll get some tokens from the fountain. Even if the energy drops will be changed, is a better prize than the camp.

roguebee
04-12-16, 07:16 AM
I opted for the research center as I already have 3 kitchens (including Winter Bakery). They often stand idle. I just placed my first purple alicorn.

kdgulle
04-12-16, 08:25 AM
Here's my take on it, it depends where you are in the game and what you have that needs to be done. I decided to forgo the cooking camp for the research center because I would rather have the alicorns for the energy instead of the camp because I have the 2 kitchens and a winter bakery and 2 feast tables. I'm not anywhere near maxed on food but when there is a lull I can start cooking using my alicorns to harvest. Also now i have more energy to try and fight the monsters. I have 3 alicorns now that's 120 extra energy a day to collect from things I necessarily couldn't before. For me it out weighs the cooking camp. I'm going to try for 10 alicorns before trying for the camp I think.

dipwid
04-12-16, 11:17 AM
And you can always put out several other buildings that drop food items such as summer gazebo, food shelter, windmill, etc.

ladyperidot
04-12-16, 08:09 PM
And you can always put out several other buildings that drop food items such as summer gazebo, food shelter, windmill, etc.

Eggs and dairy trade also provides food items. I do this one a lot

amerirish
04-13-16, 06:58 AM
I have the MRC and two purple alicorns; my gold token balance right now is 13. I'm not sure whether I should make as many alicorns as possible or stop at 2 and try for the cooking camp. I also have 3 kitchens so don't need it necessarily just would get it for the sake of getting it. Any thoughts?

A question along the same lines: I notice that you can use 70 gold tokens to craft a "second cabbage hut" - does this mean you have to already have a hut to do this trade? I don't have a hut but would like one; don't have enough gems to buy one :(

Jagger517
04-13-16, 07:35 AM
I have 3 alicorns now that's 120 extra energy a day to collect from things I necessarily couldn't before.

THAT'S how much energy the alicorns give? I thought it was only one full refill once a week?

[confused newbie here, in case it wasn't obvious :p]

Edit: wait, was that a typo and it's 120 energy a week?

amerirish
04-13-16, 07:39 AM
THAT'S how much energy the alicorns give? I thought it was only one full refill once a week?

[confused newbie here, in case it wasn't obvious :p]

Edit: wait, was that a typo and it's 120 energy a week?

H Jagger517 - it's 40 energy once a day per Purple Alicorn :D I have two so I get 80 energy a day from them. It's kind of intoxicating, lol {such a nerd am I}

snowyhillz
04-13-16, 02:56 PM
I have the MRC and two purple alicorns; my gold token balance right now is 13. I'm not sure whether I should make as many alicorns as possible or stop at 2 and try for the cooking camp. I also have 3 kitchens so don't need it necessarily just would get it for the sake of getting it. Any thoughts?

A question along the same lines: I notice that you can use 70 gold tokens to craft a "second cabbage hut" - does this mean you have to already have a hut to do this trade? I don't have a hut but would like one; don't have enough gems to buy one :(
It has been confirmed that you don't need to already have a cabbage hut to get the "2nd" one... I guess they mean a 2nd way of getting one

amerirish
04-14-16, 07:56 AM
It has been confirmed that you don't need to already have a cabbage hut to get the "2nd" one... I guess they mean a 2nd way of getting one

Thanks so much for the reply & info :D

jdgrozda
04-14-16, 01:52 PM
I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and go with the research centre even though I've been saving up for the cooking camp forever! I hate switching goals mid-stride, but this is too good to wait :D

xanethi
04-15-16, 06:56 AM
I bought the research center right away and so far crafted two alicorns and one dragon. At the moment i save the tokens i get now so i Can get closer to the kitchen ( have 18 now). Right now the dilemma is between making more alicorns , saving for kitchen or getting the cabbage hut. Such a hard decision :)

danzplace
04-15-16, 01:04 PM
What tips do you have for earning so many coins? I play all the time and do not have enough yet to make a unicorn or dragon.

please ask this in the main thread... :) SW

rulerofjennyville
04-17-16, 03:09 AM

I think the second one means that you can either buy the first one or complete some sort of goal - though I can't figure out what "goal" that would be. I have two in my options - one you can buy for gems that I'm saving up for (though I used some of those gems to finally get this research thingy) and one you buy for 400 gems. Once you buy it my understanding is the option to buy it disappears from your menu and you just have the "locked by goal" option. So in that respect if you want a second one you have to either complete the "goal" which I must have missed or get it through the wagon.

I put up pictures of what you get exactly with the mythic research center but I think that's the one you want to go for first - you can buy a cabbage hut with gems you save up from games and I don't think I would have ever gotten 99 gold tokens especially with my dud Lorelei fountain.

snowyhillz
04-17-16, 04:24 PM
I think the second one means that you can either buy the first one or complete some sort of goal - though I can't figure out what "goal" that would be. I have two in my options - one you can buy for gems that I'm saving up for (though I used some of those gems to finally get this research thingy) and one you buy for 400 gems. Once you buy it my understanding is the option to buy it disappears from your menu and you just have the "locked by goal" option. So in that respect if you want a second one you have to either complete the "goal" which I must have missed or get it through the wagon.

I put up pictures of what you get exactly with the mythic research center but I think that's the one you want to go for first - you can buy a cabbage hut with gems you save up from games and I don't think I would have ever gotten 99 gold tokens especially with my dud Lorelei fountain.
Sourp4tch posted this in cabbage hut question thread ---->

Hey hey!

The 2nd "locked by goal" Cabbage Hut is unlocked by doing the Trade in the Trade Wagon - it was previously only available for Season 3, but we've opened it up to be persistent, just like the Cooking Camp and brand-new Mythic Research Center.

55lee55
04-18-16, 01:07 PM
H Jagger517 - it's 40 energy once a day per Purple Alicorn :D I have two so I get 80 energy a day from them. It's kind of intoxicating, lol {such a nerd am I}

I predict that this will be changed before I can get the Research Center. Enjoy it while you have it.

sam1182
04-18-16, 04:51 PM
I have a similar question I have 71 gold tokens. Should I get the cabbage hit or the mythic research centre? I am unsure what to do

SpiritWind00
04-18-16, 04:57 PM
I have a similar question I have 71 gold tokens. Should I get the cabbage hit or the mythic research centre? I am unsure what to do
Here's my take on it.... if you need more energy in your kingdom to do the things want to, then it's the MRC hands down. If you want more decorative things or other items that the tent has (and will have) then the hut is a good investment. The hut means you can get one free major prize a month if you accumulate cabbages, so that's 160 gems a month savings. I think those players who have purchased the MRC over the hut are not disappointed! :) You'll probably end up with both at some stage anyway (after a few more seasons:))!

germander10
04-19-16, 01:45 AM
Ok, so I've just bought the Mythic Research Centre, but cannot craft anything because I need more gold tokens - unfortunately these are no longer available. So, what do I do now? The need for gold tokens to create anything should have been explained!

SpiritWind00
04-19-16, 04:37 AM
Ok, so I've just bought the Mythic Research Centre, but cannot craft anything because I need more gold tokens - unfortunately these are no longer available. So, what do I do now? The need for gold tokens to create anything should have been explained!

You can still get gold tokens with the Beastbane Display only. If you don't have this item, then the next monster hunt will be in about 6 weeks time (according to the time between previous seasons). Hope that helps clarify things. :)

ancsab
05-05-16, 06:05 PM
my question is , that since i got the mystic reasearchcenter, the alicorns needed 5 gold token plus ropes etc , now it needs 50 gold token .. anyone knows what happened?

SpiritWind00
05-06-16, 02:16 AM
Closing till there is a response about the MRC and Alicorn issue. Please keep an eye on the Trade Wagon main thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90861-Castle-Story-The-Trade-Wagon-crafts-and-out-of-season-information) for any updates.

[posts on the issue were merged with this thread]