PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story: Big Birthday Bash! April 8 2016

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

TwiWoods
04-14-16, 08:28 AM
This has been asked before but I can't recall the answer.... Can I start crafting birthday candles now and not collect the finished product until prompted to craft them to have it count? Or do I have to wait to even start crafting until prompted for it to count?

You can start the craft, but do not collect from spell shop until goal prompt.

TwiWoods
04-14-16, 08:31 AM
there is a tread for new turnament, Dragon Battle: Immovable Dragon April 15 2016,just dont know if it will be regullar or flash turnament.I don't like these eather.thers to much things going on at the same time,like we don't have a life,like we don't breathe at all.....

Ugh! That means I have to start late to have easy rounds to battle for 6 day or finish a day early for 3 day tournament.

Chapter 10 is going to be HARD!

amerirish
04-14-16, 08:37 AM
Genie is presenting a problem for me before I even start trying to breed one; been trying for Toxic (and failing) so I have Island and Poison fails in the nests and 20 hour fails in the breeding dens :( Going to have to wait until the chapter starts to even begin trying to breed a Genie. Even if I get it on the first try, that's another 8 hours of waiting to move onto the next step.

I wish for the 1,249,529,451st time that they would stop releasing Limited Time dragons during events where we have to breed certain dragons; it's not fair and just plain cruel :mad:

saghaven
04-14-16, 08:48 AM
Ugh, I've done a hard refresh 3 times now and these invites are still not showing up to finish the goal. I know I have them because I can see the responses in my news feed. But they will not come through for the goal which still reads zero.

HELP!

kooky panda
04-14-16, 11:19 AM
Guys this is a third reminder to not post personal invites to each other on this thread.

You can also use the monthly add me thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90374-Dragon-Story-April-2016)

(invites posts have been removed).

lenasdinner
04-14-16, 11:23 AM
Genie is presenting a problem for me before I even start trying to breed one; been trying for Toxic (and failing) so I have Island and Poison fails in the nests and 20 hour fails in the breeding dens :( Going to have to wait until the chapter starts to even begin trying to breed a Genie. Even if I get it on the first try, that's another 8 hours of waiting to move onto the next step.

I wish for the 1,249,529,451st time that they would stop releasing Limited Time dragons during events where we have to breed certain dragons; it's not fair and just plain cruel :mad:

no it's not cruel,you just have to be a bilioner! I diden't even try once to breed toxic dragon.I just can't find time to sqeez him to breed.

MaribouMay
04-14-16, 11:38 AM
Ugh! That means I have to start late to have easy rounds to battle for 6 day or finish a day early for 3 day tournament.

Chapter 10 is going to be HARD!

If you need to use gold to skip battles, remember that skipping one or two individual battles (using ultimate hit), is far cheaper than skipping the whole task from the Tales dialog box.

If you want to skip all the battles then the 99 gold in the Tales dialog box is cheaper than 4 x 30 = 120 gold using ultimate hit for each battle.

messacity
04-14-16, 01:26 PM
Ugh, I've done a hard refresh 3 times now and these invites are still not showing up to finish the goal. I know I have them because I can see the responses in my news feed. But they will not come through for the goal which still reads zero.

HELP!

I got the same problem! Please fix it - Dragon Story!

freshfunin2008
04-14-16, 02:20 PM
Thanks for posting this.

Quote Originally Posted by MaribouMay View Post

Breeding Suggestions

Water + Olympus:
3 results, 2 common at 6 & 7 hours, one rare at 10 hours

Water + Water (or Hammerhead) = Water (12 hours)

Forest + Olympus:
3 results, 2 common at 7 & 12 hours, one rare at 8 hours

Forest + Forest (or Dawntree) = Forest (20 seconds)

To Get Life:
Fire + Forest or any other combo of red + green = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Dino (12hrs)

If you use Dino + Forest = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Triceratops (12hrs). Note that Triceratops is super rare so a less likely outcome than the rare Dino.

If you use Dino + Fire = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Rex (12hrs). Note that Rex is super rare so a less likely outcome than the rare Dino.

To Get Genie:
Genie (or any other purple-yellow) + Cosmic = 3 outcomes: Genie (8hrs), Music (10hrs), Trickster (18hrs)
using Air + Magic gives 6 outcomes, add to the outcomes above Cosmic (8hrs), Royal (8hrs), and Peacock (18hrs)
using Air + Genie or Magic + Genie gives the same results as Air + Magic

Drachenia
04-14-16, 02:58 PM
So now I am lost , I have to skip the breeding of Genie with 49 Gold. I have not 48 Gold. I get just Valiant Dragon . I have in the past Dragon Tales not once the Ultra Rare get. Now it fails because I can not breed genius and also because I have too little feed back. :( :( :(

luckyaa7
04-14-16, 03:41 PM
I cannot breed valiant dragon. Now i am trying for genie and got 10 hours music and 18 hours breeding now!! Really?? Seriously?? This game hates me

MaribouMay
04-14-16, 03:54 PM
On invites, has anyone noticed if the gold cost to skip invites decreases as invites come in? Say on day 10, I have 10 of the 15 invites that I need, will the gold cost be 2/3 of 75 gold since I hypothetically have 2/3 of the invites? I haven't been able to check this. Has anybody noticed one way or the other?

hestiarulez
04-14-16, 04:25 PM
On invites, has anyone noticed if the gold cost to skip invites decreases as invites come in? Say on day 10, I have 10 of the 15 invites that I need, will the gold cost be 2/3 of 75 gold since I hypothetically have 2/3 of the invites? I haven't been able to check this. Has anybody noticed one way or the other?

I have checked - it doesn't go down.. Whether you have 1 invite out of 8, or 7, it is the same gold to skip the task.

saghaven
04-14-16, 04:49 PM
TL y'all really need to look into this invite problem. Don't give us a step on these events that we go through the hassle of getting them yet the game doesn't recognize we have them.

zoomygirl29
04-14-16, 05:10 PM
My surprise dragon has disappeared. I tried restarting and redownloading the game. I don't know what to do!

DeeDe99
04-14-16, 05:20 PM
My surprise dragon has disappeared. I tried restarting and redownloading the game. I don't know what to do!

Email support@storm8.com

zoomygirl29
04-14-16, 05:34 PM
Thanks!

DeeDe99
04-14-16, 06:45 PM
For the first time in ages, I'm in a spot of bother! First try for Genie gave me Apollo (requiring another Throne of Olympus habitat which won't be built in time, so someone will have to go into the Stable for a few hours), second try for Genie gave me my first Cosmic (also requiring a new habitat that won't be built in time) and my THIRD try for Genie is another 8 hours, so fingers crossed.

However, even if it IS a Genie, I then have to incubate it so breeding time left plus incubating = 15.5 hours. Chapter 8 opens in 5.5 hours. Now this would not normally be a problem as I would merely do it when I wake up in tomorrow morning - except I have school tomorrow which will make getting the battles done before 5 pm my time tomorrow (Chapt 9 will open) challenging to say the least.

I might end up with my Chapter 8 rolling into the start of my Chapter 9. If I hadn't been SO desirous of breeding Valiant, I might not be in this situation. If I didn't have school, it wouldn't be a problem. So entirely my own doing! :rolleyes:

On the plus side, I have two new dragons I didn't have. :D

Oh, just an observation - I am still getting maps in dribs and drabs from the maps request I sent out BEFORE I started the tales (so 7 days ago). I have asked for no maps since before I started the tales to keep the daily receiving limit free for the invites.

retseho
04-14-16, 07:37 PM
For the first time in ages, I'm in a spot of bother! First try for Genie gave me Apollo (requiring another Throne of Olympus habitat which won't be built in time, so someone will have to go into the Stable for a few hours), second try for Genie gave me my first Cosmic (also requiring a new habitat that won't be built in time) and my THIRD try for Genie is another 8 hours, so fingers crossed.

However, even if it IS a Genie, I then have to incubate it so breeding time left plus incubating = 15.5 hours. Chapter 8 opens in 5.5 hours. Now this would not normally be a problem as I would merely do it when I wake up in tomorrow morning - except I have school tomorrow which will make getting the battles done before 5 pm my time tomorrow (Chapt 9 will open) challenging to say the least.

I might end up with my Chapter 8 rolling into the start of my Chapter 9. If I hadn't been SO desirous of breeding Valiant, I might not be in this situation. If I didn't have school, it wouldn't be a problem. So entirely my own doing! :rolleyes:

Hope you got the Genie required. Ch9 tasks are easily done so no problem doing the last acts of Ch8 on day9.

All of us are concerned/worried about getting the 15 invites of Ch10 in time to complete the 4 battle arena matches of Ch10.5 which needs 3hours minimum after getting the 15th invite.
Ch10 acts 3 and 6 can be done ahead of time, ? act 4 can be set to complete ahead of time & just need to be harvested when prompted to collect the 80 runestones required.

I will stop battling after Ch8.3 to keep the "Easy" opponents of the flash tournament starting tday for Ch10.5. I have already got enough parts for Supersonic but will only craft it after this DT.

monbohn
04-14-16, 08:15 PM

Oh, just an observation - I am still getting maps in dribs and drabs from the maps request I sent out BEFORE I started the tales (so 7 days ago). I have asked for no maps since before I started the tales to keep the daily receiving limit free for the invites.

My first attempt at Genie I used Cosmic and Air....only 4 possible outcomes, Genie being the common one....and what did I get? An 18 hour Trickster. Good thing I started early and have 2 nests. Hope it won't be too tough. Good luck to you....fingers crossed you have a Genie!

As far as invites I am a bit stressed, even though I have plenty of new and active neighbors, because I've noticed I often have map requests show up saying the request is from 2 days ago and I am on daily, several times a day, so there's no way I'm missing seeing anything for that long. I don't know if others have that happen but I hope it doesn't happen with invites for Tales. I stopped requesting maps a couple of days ago and haven't yet hit the point of requesting the invites. I hope it goes smoothly.

DeeDe99
04-14-16, 09:43 PM
@monbohn re the maps - I only commented on mine because in the old days, maps for me would stop arriving after 2 days. With the lastest update I noticed I thought they were still coming in for 3 and 4 days.

The reason you see "2 days ago" on them is not that you missed them, but once you receive your max 20 or whatever the max per day is these days, the request carries over, so you received it the day you saw it, but it is related to your request of two days prior. Hope that makes sense.

Hence why I stopped requesting maps before the tales started - I have lots of neighbours and the map responses would have eaten up my invite slots!

DeeDe99
04-14-16, 09:45 PM
Hope you got the Genie required. Ch9 tasks are easily done so no problem doing the last acts of Ch8 on day9.

All of us are concerned/worried about getting the 15 invites of Ch10 in time to complete the 4 battle arena matches of Ch10.5 which needs 3hours minimum after getting the 15th invite.
Ch10 acts 3 and 6 can be done ahead of time, ? act 4 can be set to complete ahead of time & just need to be harvested when prompted to collect the 80 runestones required.

I will stop battling after Ch8.3 to keep the "Easy" opponents of the flash tournament starting tday for Ch10.5. I have already got enough parts for Supersonic but will only craft it after this DT.

Yes, I looked and decided it wouldn't be difficult to achieve if I'm running behind. It is just I have never run behind before! Not used to it! LOL

All will be well, I'm sure!

I'm not too worried about the 10 invites, I got 8 really quickly. I asked the ones who were asking me.

Seranda
04-14-16, 10:10 PM
I'm stuck on this birthday invite all freaking day. I'm at 6/8 and added new neighbours this evening and I'm still at 6/8. This is ridiculous!!! I have lots of neighbours. I guess my requests are not going through or are delayed for whatever reason. These events are getting more frustrating than they are fun.

cherrycastleorchard
04-14-16, 11:00 PM
What did u use for genie. I have already missed out once.

jbyn4e
04-14-16, 11:35 PM
For Genie use Royal + Magic, worst is Trickster 18h.

You can use Air instead of Magic, but there is Crownprince with 20h fail...

weetniet10000
04-14-16, 11:50 PM
Another dino and no life dragon. Six possible outcomes. I had two dino's, two landworms, one wild, one treefrog (new gor me). Next time will try dinox forest like one of you suggested.

DeeDe99
04-15-16, 12:30 AM
Oh, I forgot putting the egg on the nest also counts! Spent 10 gold to speed up the Cosmic habitat build (6), speed up the Cosmic incubation (2) and the Genie breeding (2), thinking I'd have to wait until morning for the incubation to finish but at least I'd know if I had the Genie. Bingo, on the nest and the act completed. Phew! Cheap at half the price for peace of mind during class tomorrow!

MaveyGad
04-15-16, 01:11 AM
Sorry this is out of topic, i just wanna ask if anyone is having trouble opening DS? coz i cant open it for half day now & i have a strong wifi signal 😞 Really appreciate if someone could reply to me...thanks.

jjblueyes
04-15-16, 01:14 AM
What did u use for genie. I have already missed out once.

I always use air and royal only 4 outcomes and I usually get the genie. And a crownprince is the longest of the 4 but since I've been trying for him for freaking ever I'm very ok with that.
Good luck!

jjblueyes
04-15-16, 01:15 AM
@ maveygad -No issues here. Sorry.

HafloMopsy
04-15-16, 02:02 AM
I'm stuck on this birthday invite all freaking day. I'm at 6/8 and added new neighbours this evening and I'm still at 6/8. This is ridiculous!!! I have lots of neighbours. I guess my requests are not going through or are delayed for whatever reason. These events are getting more frustrating than they are fun.

Restart your game

snowyglowy
04-15-16, 03:45 AM
First try magic x air got 8 hrs spend gold I thought it's Genie but it was cosmic good though now breeding diamond x genie got again 8 hrs don't hv much gold hv to wait lets see hope it will be genie what do you say guys?

debrasbistro
04-15-16, 04:21 AM
First try magic x air got 8 hrs spend gold I thought it's Genie but it was cosmic good though now breeding diamond x genie got again 8 hrs don't hv much gold hv to wait lets see hope it will be genie what do you say guys?

OK, this is weird. First I got 16 hours, trickster. Then, 16 hours, trickster. Then eight hours. Thought it was Genie and went to bed. Woke up to find it was cosmic. Just got another eight hours and I'm in the same exact position as you. Any other day I'd be getting Genies, but now I just don't know.

Cesar49
04-15-16, 05:04 AM
Guess I'm paying for all those genie dragons I've traded! First try of Air and Magic gave me a Peacock dragon - 18 hours to hatch. So I have just tried Royal and Magic as suggested here, but have got a 13 hour breeding time so no genie there either (no idea what that will be). 13 hours time it'll be 1am here, so I'll either be burning the midnight oil or spending some of my meagre supply of gold!

saghaven
04-15-16, 05:06 AM

I'm having the same problem! Been stuck since yesterday with these invites! I know my neighbors sent them yet it's still showing 0/8! I haven't been able to move on at all and it's so annoying! I've done the restarts and everything and nothing has worked. And so far support hasn't done anything to help. Ugh!

cdbabe
04-15-16, 05:42 AM
Which dragon to beat dozer?? His beating my dragons :/(

Niire
04-15-16, 05:42 AM
Guess I'm paying for all those genie dragons I've traded! First try of Air and Magic gave me a Peacock dragon - 18 hours to hatch. So I have just tried Royal and Magic as suggested here, but have got a 13 hour breeding time so no genie there either (no idea what that will be). 13 hours time it'll be 1am here, so I'll either be burning the midnight oil or spending some of my meagre supply of gold!

Hmm, are you sure it's 13 hours? if so, it looks like you got a mischief, which is odd since it expired I think, lol.

Niire
04-15-16, 05:43 AM
Which dragon to beat dozer?? His beating my dragons :/(

Fire! :D

snowyglowy
04-15-16, 05:57 AM
OK, this is weird. First I got 16 hours, trickster. Then, 16 hours, trickster. Then eight hours. Thought it was Genie and went to bed. Woke up to find it was cosmic. Just got another eight hours and I'm in the same exact position as you. Any other day I'd be getting Genies, but now I just don't know.

Yes I got it genie with diamond x genie :D hope you also will get it good luck :D

cdbabe
04-15-16, 06:15 AM
Fire! :D

Thank you very much!!!

amerirish
04-15-16, 06:37 AM
Got 8 hours with Cosmic & Genie - it's Genie :) Good luck everyone :D

irishcoffee30
04-15-16, 06:46 AM
In other games if you request from Stormie, they always respond. I'm counting on that as a guaranteed one invite. Hopes this helps some people.

debrasbistro
04-15-16, 07:03 AM
Yes I got it genie with diamond x genie :D hope you also will get it good luck :D

Thanks and congrats!

Just went back to check and sped the last three hours to find..... Genie!

Since my first two tries with diamond got me the longest hours i tried air and magic this time for the second time.

HafloMopsy
04-15-16, 07:36 AM
Magic X air = 18 ours :(

Grizzy91810
04-15-16, 07:39 AM
Genie was no problem for me. Went to bed with an 8 hour breed time for Air + Magic, when I woke up, put it on the nest and there's a Genie egg. Done. Also had Surprise in the Evolution pod ready to be taken to level 4, done. Started crafting the birthday present to be collected in the morning once prompted. Done.

My problem has been with the game crashing. I had to complete the day's tasks 3 times because my game kept crashing and reverting back to before I collected everything.

Good luck getting Genies and have a great day everyone!

MsMelanieMonster
04-15-16, 07:56 AM
Used Peacock & Air because Magic is questing. Got 8 hours and will find out later if it's Genie, Cosmic, or Royal. If it's a fail I am just glad the den will be open to breed with Forest later! GL all!

Hawk1
04-15-16, 08:48 AM
Invites aren't registering, plus 3 turned up as mystic maps that were invites when they were sent and received. Tales gets more frustrating by the day along with all the other events, I am very close to deleting for good. Yes, I forced closed and did everything that was suggested... DS has gone from my favorite game that was always fun to just another []game that isn't worth wasting my time on, I'd rather do almost anything than be frustrated on a game that I've spent money on. Weeding my garden is more relaxing than DS and I hate weeding. :(

snowyglowy
04-15-16, 09:02 AM
Thanks and congrats!

Just went back to check and sped the last three hours to find..... Genie!

Since my first two tries with diamond got me the longest hours i tried air and magic this time for the second time.

saghaven
04-15-16, 09:04 AM
My game finally, FINALLY, registered all my invites from yesterday! Ridiculous. Luckily everything else I was able to fly through because it was all pending the invites. Harvested my farms, planted, kept my den empty (which was annoying because I couldn't try for Valiant). Just bred Forest and Dawntree and already had Genie waiting. Now just have to speed hatch and evolve Surprise.

For Genie I used Air & Magic at first and got a Cosmic (which I'd accidently bred for the first time just a couple of weeks back). Second time I used Music & Genie and got Genie.

If these invites continue to be a problem that's going to be a major issue on day 10.

spydre1
04-15-16, 09:08 AM
Deleted because I misread. Although, it's doubtful that I have enough fruit to get the playful dragon to 14 and the surprise dragon to 12 again this round. It's like they don't want us to use the fruit to level dragons above level 7, much less from 10 - 15. Either that or they want to make sure to finish the Tale, we have to use gold to buy fruit.

dragongrands
04-15-16, 09:40 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with asking for invites? I asked today, have plenty of friends to ask, but it said I already asked today. I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow (I have NOT made any requests for 2 days). I am getting the same error message the past two days about sending gold (saying I already did, but haven't). I've restarted the game, that didn't help. Any ideas?

OzFamily
04-15-16, 10:51 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with asking for invites? I asked today, have plenty of friends to ask, but it said I already asked today. I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow (I have NOT made any requests for 2 days). I am getting the same error message the past two days about sending gold (saying I already did, but haven't). I've restarted the game, that didn't help. Any ideas?

Did you ask more than 20 neighbors? I think I get that message when I ask more than 20... I think I also get that message on the maps when I've received gold from someone I'm asking for maps from- usually it's myself (I have two accounts) and the request still goes through. Hope it works out for you!

dragongrands
04-15-16, 11:08 AM
I probably did ask more than 20. It just passed me to the next task, so it must have went out. I didn't know about the 20 limit. Thank you!

JMThrive
04-15-16, 11:21 AM
I have been trying for Diamond dragons since buying the Diamond Temple on sale. Only got one Diamond from it, Valiant, but today I got a Genie as a fail. Finally a fail that is worth something. :eek:

pod5124cra
04-15-16, 11:25 AM
Can someone tell me how to get the candles for the four layer cake. Are these candles a luck thing or am I doing the wrong quest.

naninak
04-15-16, 11:48 AM
You quest for basic candles and craft birthday candles in the spell shop.

naninak
04-15-16, 12:01 PM
I'm wondering if I should start battling in the tournament tomorrow because I need three wins tomorrow and four on The last day. The first seven will probably be easier to beat. I won't finish the tournament anyways because I'm traveling. I hate to put off getting stopwatches for a day, and sometimes I get stuck on some early dragons. Wondering what others are doing.

Grizzy91810
04-15-16, 12:41 PM
I'm wondering if I should start battling in the tournament tomorrow because I need three wins tomorrow and four on The last day. The first seven will probably be easier to beat. I won't finish the tournament anyways because I'm traveling. I hate to put off getting stopwatches for a day, and sometimes I get stuck on some early dragons. Wondering what others are doing.

I don't really like the Dragon in the tournament so I'm waiting until tomorrow to start, do my 3 fights for day 9 and the 4 for the last day. No fights other than those and pick up on the collecting of stopwatches after the tournament is over.

AmaDrac
04-15-16, 02:01 PM
I'm on Chapter 7 so need 8 invites. I have not requested any maps since this event began. 12 hours ago I requested invites from 12 neighbors & have only received 5 so far. I just went back & tried 4 more invites. Maybe tomorrow I can finish this chapter but I see that chapter 10 will be quite impossible. This will be the first Dragon Tale that I was unable to finish. I'm very disappointed that my success depends upon my neighbors' schedules.

Hepatu
04-15-16, 02:15 PM
I'm on Chapter 7 so need 8 invites. I have not requested any maps since this event began. 12 hours ago I requested invites from 12 neighbors & have only received 5 so far. I just went back & tried 4 more invites. Maybe tomorrow I can finish this chapter but I see that chapter 10 will be quite impossible. This will be the first Dragon Tale that I was unable to finish. I'm very disappointed that my success depends upon my neighbors' schedules.

You need to send out a lot more request if you want to complete faster.
Your neighbours are most likely from all over the world with a lot of different timezones and maybe you sent to some who are inactive.
If I need 4 invites, I sent 40 request, 8 invites I sent 80 and for the last 15 I'll send at least 100 request just to make sure it won't take half a day to get that quest done.

Cesar49
04-15-16, 03:05 PM
Hmm, are you sure it's 13 hours? if so, it looks like you got a mischief, which is odd since it expired I think, lol.

Turns out it's an Invisible dragon, which is cool as I don't have that. But it seems like the genie dragon is going to be invisible too!!

AmaDrac
04-15-16, 03:06 PM
You need to send out a lot more request if you want to complete faster.
Your neighbours are most likely from all over the world with a lot of different timezones and maybe you sent to some who are inactive.
If I need 4 invites, I sent 40 request, 8 invites I sent 80 and for the last 15 I'll send at least 100 request just to make sure it won't take half a day to get that quest done.

I always thought that the maximum number of requests per day was 20. I thought if I maxed out my requests they would back up and it would mess me up for day 10. But obviously what I am doing is not working because I'll never get enough on the last day, let alone have time to win battles. Feeling hopeless.

Hepatu
04-15-16, 03:27 PM
I always thought that the maximum number of requests per day was 20. I thought if I maxed out my requests they would back up and it would mess me up for day 10. But obviously what I am doing is not working because I'll never get enough on the last day, let alone have time to win battles. Feeling hopeless.

I can send 100+ request per day without any problems but I'll only receive from 20. I'm always sending way more request than I can receive to get what I need without waiting half a day or more

Kennedward
04-15-16, 06:54 PM
Finished Chapter 8, waiting for Chapter 9 to start

AmaDrac
04-15-16, 06:57 PM
I can send 100+ request per day without any problems but I'll only receive from 20. I'm always sending way more request than I can receive to get what I need without waiting half a day or more

I've been playing Dragons for 3 years & never knew this. Somewhere, a long time ago, I heard the 20 request limit. If I make it to day 10, I'll ask everyone. No one wants to come to my party.

Snowtiger333
04-15-16, 07:27 PM
I've been playing Dragons for 3 years & never knew this. Somewhere, a long time ago, I heard the 20 request limit. If I make it to day 10, I'll ask everyone. No one wants to come to my party.

I do the same thing as Hepatu: send to as many as possible to ensure a timely response. Today, I sent to 54 neighbors to get 15 back. (I picked the ones that I know are active & 19 were new neghbors, thanks to the birthday celebration last week.) After the quest was filled, I sent a request to the remainder for mystic maps.

The first 20 to sign on are the ones that get sent to you. Most of the rest just poof & disappear. There are a few stragglers that get carried to the next day but not many and my guess is that its the ones who cross with the timing of you receiving and the other 20 being sent. Its just a guess so I could be wrong. In dragon story, its harder to see the pattern but i noticed it easily with castle story because there are different types of things a player needs to ask for as they level up.

On another note, so sick of these dragon tales needing so much food! A few dragon tales ago, I decided to get only the first two dragons because of this. However, this one, I am attempting to get to the final dragon because it is a gemstone dragon and my Tiger's Eye, Obi, can finally have a habitat mate. I really do not like all the food it requires. Before they increased the level to 15, all of my dragons were maxed at 10 and now I cannot get the new ones above level 6 and only have two level 15s because of dragon tales.

groovyedwin
04-15-16, 07:34 PM
For invites I am doing the following:
- have not made a request for 7 days
- preplanning to ensure I can send out the invite request within the first hour of S8 day
- I received more than enough invites and the rest just dont count
- next day I send out a request for a single map to the computer default neighbor I have at the top of my list in order to clear the queue of stragglers
- repeat for the subsequet days when I need invites

YMMV

AwesomeChefDad
04-15-16, 09:40 PM
I stopped after the Surprise dragon yesterday. The ammt of apples to feed for these so-so dragons later rounds makes the payoff for the final one way too low..

JetteG
04-16-16, 02:04 AM
I needed a Genie for my chapter tomorrow, so I thought with my luck I might as well try diamond with music. And boom, I got 44 hours.
A Gold -yay. I didn't have that one. I had to use gold, put them in again and this time I got 8 hours-my Genie for tomorrow.
I have tried for a week to get Valiant or any other Diamond, but I only got 1 Mercury, which I am happy to get since I didn't have that one.
I have to add, I had both roost and diamond temple while trying for Valiant.
I will try for Valiant again after this event is over.

tristanyorkie
04-16-16, 02:44 AM
I am not receiving invites, just mystic maps that I didn't ask for

tess84tess
04-16-16, 02:59 AM
I really hope the getting invites thing won't be something recurring in these events. I don't have a lot of neighbours, so normally I get 5-6 maps per day. On top of that, I'm on CET time, so even if I send out requests first thing in the morning, I normally get them until evening/night, which makes it really!!! difficult to complete a chapter in time when the invites is the first task to do.... don't think I'll be able to keep doing the quests if asking for things from neighbours becomes a regular thing, which is a shame because I think it's a lot of fun

Kennedward
04-16-16, 06:14 AM
Finished Chapter 9, should be able to finish Chapter 10 on time tomorrow

naninak
04-16-16, 07:57 AM
I'm doing the same and its working out well with less stress. The last flash tournament was time consuming and I didn't finish it. It was a letdown.

naninak
04-16-16, 08:02 AM
I don't really like the Dragon in the tournament so I'm waiting until tomorrow to start, do my 3 fights for day 9 and the 4 for the last day. No fights other than those and pick up on the collecting of stopwatches after the tournament is over.
I'm doing the same and its working out well with less stress. The last flash tournament was time consuming and I didn't finish it. It was a letdown.

vshephard96
04-16-16, 08:09 AM
This is to informative to not repost again

Breeding Suggestions

Water + Olympus:

Forest + Olympus:

To Get Life:
Fire + Forest or any other combo of red + green = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Dino (12hrs)

If you use Dino + Forest = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Triceratops (12hrs). Note that Triceratops is super rare so a less likely outcome than the rare Dino.

If you use Dino + Fire = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Rex (12hrs). Note that Rex is super rare so a less likely outcome than the rare Dino.

To Get Genie:
Genie (or any other purple-yellow) + Cosmic = 3 outcomes: Genie (8hrs), Music (10hrs), Trickster (18hrs)
using Air + Magic gives 6 outcomes, add to the outcomes above Cosmic (8hrs), Royal (8hrs), and Peacock (18hrs)

Drachenia
04-16-16, 01:18 PM
Hi how do I get 165000 feed together . I can give up again , I have no more food for the dragons :(

Hepatu
04-16-16, 02:24 PM
Hi how do I get 165000 feed together . I can give up again , I have no more food for the dragons :(

If you want to be on the safe side for the tales, you need to build up a food buffer before the tales. Depending on how active you are, you'll need 200-300.000 food before tales begin.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-16-16, 03:57 PM
This is to informative to not repost again

Breeding Suggestions

Water + Olympus:

Forest + Olympus:

To Get Life:

To Get Genie:

Just a heads up, right now a Fire Forest Combo gave me a Gaia which has a 9 hour incubation. Nice to get, but between it and several Wilds and Landworms I am now behind schedule and may not be able to finish Day 7 on Day 7.

I'm really worried about the two more rounds of invites I have to do on Day 8 and Day 10. Just got a 6 hour incubation from my Forest/Fire breeding. Only gonna have one more chance today to try again for Life. Grrr

OzFamily
04-16-16, 04:05 PM

If you want to be on the safe side for the tales, you need to build up a food buffer before the tales. Depending on how active you are, you'll need 200-300.000 food before tales begin.

What I have been doing (and seems to work so far):
- grow food throughout the week as my schedule allows
- only feed dragons lvl 4 and higher on Tuesdays and Fridays if the event does not require food
- when feeding on Tuesdays and Fridays, do not let food total drop below 50,000

When a tales event begins, I have more than 100,000 food, and am able to grow enough food during the event to feed the dragons as needed to complete the tales... so far

Depending on your schedule, you may need different buffer amount. (I have cut it close, btw)

Drachenia
04-16-16, 04:12 PM

How should I build the make food reserve and as Prime, Champion dragons feed on Epic . TL should please reduce the feed units of dragons Epic. :(

ma1eficent
04-16-16, 08:24 PM
Is there a possible breeding of Water and something else to give you a Genie?

PinkBubbles75
04-16-16, 08:51 PM
The tales is going smoothly for me so far. Currently awaiting chapter 7. I realized that after I started that I needed 2 sapphire gems for crafting.... It's been difficult trying to get them. I've been evolving & trading my blue-hybrid common fails and I've only gotten 1 sapphire... I hope the godmother fail that's currently evolving will give me the 2nd one. I don't like that we need gemstones for the tales, especially if we don't have some to begin with.

DrP4ever
04-16-16, 09:40 PM

Yes sadly. I got a Cosmic and it takes 8 hours, same as Genie

DrP4ever
04-16-16, 09:44 PM
No way for me to do Chapter 10. Ran out of food, no gold, no way to do all these tasks in one day. Sad. Thought I had this one but I don't have all day to do what is needed etc. Very disappointed after wasting all those resources.

twospoons
04-16-16, 09:50 PM
I'm going to be online at exactly reset tonight to send my day 10 invites (and accept any invites I get, if any of my neighbors are reading this). Hopefully the neighbors I know are playing will be around within a reasonable amount of time, although I'll invite everyone to the party. That 15 invites seems like a lot. On the other hand, it's the first tales I made it through without running out of food! Apparently the key is to barely feed any other dragons all month.

Fingers crossed for rsvp's!

MaribouMay
04-16-16, 09:54 PM

You can breed water with genie or another purple-yellow dragon but you'll get a lot more possible outcomes with 3 colors so Genie will be less likely.

MaribouMay
04-16-16, 09:58 PM
The tales is going smoothly for me so far. Currently awaiting chapter 7. I realized that after I started that I needed 2 sapphire gems for crafting.... It's been difficult trying to get them. I've been evolving & trading my blue-hybrid common fails and I've only gotten 1 sapphire... I hope the godmother fail that's currently evolving will give me the 2nd one. I don't like that we need gemstones for the tales, especially if we don't have some to begin with.

Godmother is super rare and will give you large gems not the small ones you need. Your best bet is to trade rare dragons which will give you two small gems. Commons only give one small gem and you never know which of the colors it will be. For instance, a Mist may give a blue or a yellow small gem.

MaribouMay
04-16-16, 10:00 PM
Just a heads up, right now a Fire Forest Combo gave me a Gaia which has a 9 hour incubation. Nice to get, but between it and several Wilds and Landworms I am now behind schedule and may not be able to finish Day 7 on Day 7.

I'm really worried about the two more rounds of invites I have to do on Day 8 and Day 10. Just got a 6 hour incubation from my Forest/Fire breeding. Only gonna have one more chance today to try again for Life. Grrr

It is okay if you don't finish day 7 on day 7. The only day you can't finish late is day 10.

debrasbistro
04-16-16, 10:12 PM
I'm going to be online at exactly reset tonight to send my day 10 invites (and accept any invites I get, if any of my neighbors are reading this). Hopefully the neighbors I know are playing will be around within a reasonable amount of time, although I'll invite everyone to the party. That 15 invites seems like a lot. On the other hand, it's the first tales I made it through without running out of food! Apparently the key is to barely feed any other dragons all month.

Fingers crossed for rsvp's!

same here ! Hoping for the best. good luck all!

JetteG
04-16-16, 10:22 PM
So here is what I just realized: I will be asking for 15 invites on a tuesday at 9.00 a.m.
Really bad timing. I am able to check on Dragonstory during work, but not all my neighbours
are as fortunate. I thought, I had figured out which neighbours would most likely send
an invite to me quickly, but now I know what to do. I don't think S8 have thought this
invite-thing through. Can I only ask 20 neighbours for invites? Or can I ask all my
neighbours?

tuffyjkitten
04-16-16, 11:24 PM
No way for me to do Chapter 10. Ran out of food, no gold, no way to do all these tasks in one day. Sad. Thought I had this one but I don't have all day to do what is needed etc. Very disappointed after wasting all those resources.

I ran out of food as well, that's never happened before! Have been planting upgrapes and now diamond dates. I'm also out of gold since I bought a big diamond habitat. I think I can still finish but it will be close since I have to work tomorrow. Have not been playing the tournament so as to keep low level battle opponents ready for the day 10 battles. I will try my best.

Good luck everyone!

snowyhillz
04-16-16, 11:31 PM
So here is what I just realized: I will be asking for 15 invites on a tuesday at 9.00 a.m.
Really bad timing. I am able to check on Dragonstory during work, but not all my neighbours
are as fortunate. I thought, I had figured out which neighbours would most likely send
an invite to me quickly, but now I know what to do. I don't think S8 have thought this
invite-thing through. Can I only ask 20 neighbours for invites? Or can I ask all my
neighbours?

Ask all your neighbours definitely.... The limitation is that you can only receive 20

JetteG
04-17-16, 12:37 AM
Ask all your neighbours definitely.... The limitation is that you can only receive 20
Thanks, I hope, I can make it. Please, dear neighbours, check your DS in exactly 48 hours from now.
That is when I will need those invites. Good luck to you all.

lenasdinner
04-17-16, 12:46 AM
Yeeeey!!!! I just got all 15 invites.took me 40 minutes.I have really great neighburs.I am proud that we players are all together.
THANK YOU MY WONDERFUL NEIGHBURS!!!!!!

Kennedward
04-17-16, 12:55 AM
Battle 1 out of 4 finished for Chapter 10, should be able to finish today.... I hope lol

newzealander
04-17-16, 12:59 AM
The battles are going to be my stumbling block on this. I am really struggling with these high level champions, and my 4 battles will be the last 4 in the tournament. Well played, S8. Way to maximise the gold spend.

Thanks to the great neighbours that have been responding so quickly.

debrasbistro
04-17-16, 01:06 AM
Yeeeey!!!! I just got all 15 invites.took me 40 minutes.I have really great neighburs.I am proud that we players are all together.

Congrats! Me too and thank you to all those who sent mine. I've been responding to all sent; good luck everyone.

Bastiaan0
04-17-16, 01:48 AM
neighbours?

Same here, reset time at 9:00 am. But I can't log on every hour, no wifi and I'm not allowed to have my phone with me during work. So during weekdays first login is around 17:00 pm, I'm sorry in advance I'm not able to accept requests right away :(;)
This is also the reason I start tales right away in order to have chapter 10 on sunday...

Had my Firapples growing over night (waste of time and food, but sometimes there's no other way), set an alarm for 9:00 am, asked invites and planted diamonddates right away for the runestones. Took a shower, logged on 20 minutes later and already had 12 invites :)
So indeed, thank you all :);)
Will be out for a few hours, so will collect runestones later this afternoon, hoping battling won't be to difficult. Trying to beat Battlecaster at the moment... :(

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 01:48 AM

Got all mine in the 20 minutes it took to drive from Officeworks to home! I agree, really great neighbours. Thanks from me too!

I'm going in every 15 or 20 minutes over the next few hours to respond to requests, but after that I will be sleeping.

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 02:00 AM
To all those running out of food, my secret weapon is to calculate how much I will need to produce a day every day for the 10 days before I start the Tales. I never start unless I have 100,000 food in stock. I do not include food from mining, that is an unpredictable bonus.

Add up what is needed in total, subtract the prizes, subtract what you have on had, divide by 10. Then produce that every day for the 10 days. If you know that is impossible on your island, at least you know before you start and can perhaps plan to only go to the second dragon.

During the Tales I monitor it every day, to make sure I am on track. Once I have fed a dragon up, I reduce my total needed by the amount used. The other variables are changed accordingly, eg once we get a food prize, that is then stock on hand, not prizes to come. I change the days remaining, so if I'm on day 3, divide by 7 (or 7.5, depending on the time of day).

It may not work for everyone, but it works for me. Hope it might help someone next time.

This Tales I will have 80,000 or 90,000 on hand after the Tales are finished.

Edit: I just mined 15,000 food, so will finish on 100,000 roughly, if I don't get tempted to feed any dragons!

Sandybellee
04-17-16, 02:29 AM
I'm caught up! Wow! I started from the beginning of ch 6 yesterday morning more than two days behind because of the Valiant/Diamond Temple disaster.

Bred Life on the first try. Bred another Life when I had to breed Forest in ch 7 so was able to try for Genie very fast. Bred Genie on the first try. Just finished the last battle of ch 8 (they were the first 4 rounds of the tourney for me) and am just waiting for the second birthday present to finish chapter 9. Playful is already level 14.

So, it all hinges on the invites and battles tomorrow. Because I went to 0 gold trying in vain for Valiant I can't skip anything. But if I can finish this tales and get the Supreme Dragon I think that makes up for a lot of the feelings of frustration, sadness and utter defeat caused by Valiant.

Sadomina
04-17-16, 02:30 AM
I have got 14 from 15, can anyone please help me out? ID: Sadomina

Sandybellee
04-17-16, 02:40 AM
I have got 14 from 15, can anyone please help me out? ID: Sadomina

I just sent you an invite. Send me a request and I'll respond right away when it comes through. :)

Edit: We are neighbors now but your birthday invite request hasn't come through yet. There must be delays or something else wrong with the system. I'll keep checking.

Kennedward
04-17-16, 02:47 AM
Battle 3 out of 4 now, lost a few in between because my opponents were a LV18 Champion type dragon and other other was a LV16 Prism, but will be able to do the last battle in the next hour

Sadomina
04-17-16, 02:58 AM
I just sent you an invite. Send me a request and I'll respond right away when it comes through. :)

Edit: We are neighbors now but your birthday invite request hasn't come through yet. There must be delays or something else wrong with the system. I'll keep checking.

Thanks so much for help! It's strange, I have sent out the request but it seems it doesn't work. I already tried to restart the game but still not working.

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 03:01 AM
The battles are going to be my stumbling block on this. I am really struggling with these high level champions, and my 4 battles will be the last 4 in the tournament. Well played, S8. Way to maximise the gold spend.

Thanks to the great neighbours that have been responding so quickly.

I'm on Ancestor, hoping to dispose of him before my 4 battles start. Waiting on crops for runestones. Tough final day, indeed! We should have delayed starting the Tales! LOL I usually do delay - not this time!

babysx1
04-17-16, 03:13 AM
Sent you invite

babysx1
04-17-16, 03:14 AM
Thanks so much for help! It's strange, I have sent out the request but it seems it doesn't work. I already tried to restart the game but still not working.

I sent you invite

Sandybellee
04-17-16, 03:17 AM

Yes, it's not working. I've force closed and restarted a bunch of times and I haven't got the request. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to help! :(

Sadomina
04-17-16, 03:17 AM
Thanks a lot for the invites! Sadly it seems I cannot receive any request anymore :( No idea what's wrong.

Sadomina
04-17-16, 03:18 AM
Yes, it's not working. I've force closed and restarted a bunch of times and I haven't got the request. I'm so sorry I wasn't able to help! :(

Thank you anyway!! I'm really happy you tried to help!

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 03:33 AM
Thanks a lot for the invites! Sadly it seems I cannot receive any request anymore :( No idea what's wrong.

Did you receive maps or Lotus Blossoms? Just asking in case, as you can only receive a certain number in total. I think it is still 20, but there was suggestion it might now be 25. Mind you, unlikely to receive that many so soon after reset, but just on the off-chance....

Sadomina
04-17-16, 03:46 AM
Did you receive maps or Lotus Blossoms? Just asking in case, as you can only receive a certain number in total. I think it is still 20, but there was suggestion it might now be 25. Mind you, unlikely to receive that many so soon after reset, but just on the off-chance....

I haven't sent out any Lotus or map requests since the whole Birthday event started, just sent out the Gold gifts and those Birthday requests.
Anyway, I have paid the gold to skip now, I was a little in panic now since there is still so much to do completing the quests today :)

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 04:26 AM
Sorry Sadomina. I didn't send out any other requests either - had the same thought as you re clashes. Wish we could have had a solution for you. Best wishes for a speedy completion.

Kennedward
04-17-16, 05:51 AM
Finished this event, good luck everyone!

Snowtiger333
04-17-16, 06:25 AM
To all those running out of food, my secret weapon is to calculate how much I will need to produce a day every day for the 10 days before I start the Tales. I never start unless I have 100,000 food in stock. I do not include food from mining, that is an unpredictable bonus.

Pretty sure this dragon tales required more food than the previous ones. I started at about 150000 food, have been planting rushrooms or diamondates consistently, have only fed the two dragons for the tales and have run out of food. In the past, that was always more than enough to finish.

Edit: my playful is at level 14. my surprise dragon is at level 9 so i cannot finish. I could get it to level 10 after my next round of food is ready but that seems like a waste of food since it wont make it to 12.

debrasbistro
04-17-16, 06:30 AM
Pretty sure this dragon tales required more food than the previous ones. I started at about 150000 food, have been planting rushrooms or diamondates consistently, have only fed the two dragons for the tales and have run out of food. In the past, that was always more than enough to finish.

Yes, same here.

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 06:38 AM

It required about the same as the last Tales, roughly. I did get quite a bit from mining this time due to all the Valiant tries, but I'm certainly not even remotely close to running out. I only planted Diamondates, don't think I planted any Rushrooms at all this time. Not sure what I started with though, but maybe 180,000? Between 150,000 and 180,000 anyway.

I have no idea why the difference. Sorry.

Snowtiger333
04-17-16, 06:47 AM
It required about the same as the last Tales, roughly. I did get quite a bit from mining this time due to all the Valiant tries, but I'm certainly not even remotely close to running out. I only planted Diamondates, don't think I planted any Rushrooms at all this time. Not sure what I started with though, but maybe 180,000? Between 150,000 and 180,000 anyway.

I have no idea why the difference. Sorry.

The difference is that this dragon tales required more food than the previous ones.

No clue about the last dragon tales, i stopped trying to complete it after i got dragon #2 bc i have other dragons that i prefer to level. Wanted this one bc its a gemstone type.

OzFamily
04-17-16, 06:50 AM

Edit: my playful is at level 14. my surprise dragon is at level 9 so i cannot finish. I could get it to level 10 after my next round of food is ready but that seems like a waste of food since it wont make it to 12.

Last tales, I needed the last harvest just before the last raise goal to have enough food. Right now, both Playful and Surprise are raised to lvl 14 and 12, as required for me, and I have about 80,000 food. Maybe I lucked out a little more in mining this time for the difference... I'm sure we could look back at the first page of all the tales to determine if the food requirement for this one is greatly different...

Sandybellee
04-17-16, 06:52 AM
I decided a while back to build myself a good food buffer and by skipping a few tales and hardly feeding anyone I got to 1 million apples pretty fast. I'll have about 950,000 apples left at the end of this tales. So worth it in my opinion to skip a few things when you never have to worry about food anymore after building your buffer!

Snowtiger333
04-17-16, 06:54 AM
Last tales, I needed the last harvest just before the last raise goal to have enough food. Right now, both Playful and Surprise are raised to lvl 14 and 12, as required for me, and I have about 80,000 food. Maybe I lucked out a little more in mining this time for the difference... I'm sure we could look back at the first page of all the tales to determine if the food requirement for this one is greatly different...

Have fun checking :). I hate mining so its never part of my food count. I only mine when i am near 25 and then only do it to get it down enough so i can still get the bombs in case i am ready to expand.

lenasdinner
04-17-16, 06:55 AM
finished tale a little wile ago!! and I've got Supreme who is on the nest and can't wait to raise him epic!!

Good luck to you all,don't loose faith.

OzFamily
04-17-16, 07:07 AM
Have fun checking :). I hate mining so its never part of my food count. I only mine when i am near 25 and then only do it to get it down enough so i can still get the bombs in case i am ready to expand.

The food requirement for this tales is exactly the same as last tales, according to the info provided in threads- 345,350.

tuffyjkitten
04-17-16, 07:12 AM

I think so as well. I started with 193,000 food. Have fed no one but the event dragons. Need to feed Surprise 4 more times to get it to level 12. I've been sick all week so probably didn't stay on top of planting/collecting as well as I usually do but I have never run out of food during an event before.

pernmagic
04-17-16, 07:13 AM
I started tales late on purpose and my last lot of battles will happen after this tournament has finished , just as well as the tourney champs are eating my opponents happily :)

catlicja
04-17-16, 07:15 AM
I decided a while back to build myself a good food buffer and by skipping a few tales and hardly feeding anyone I got to 1 million apples pretty fast. I'll have about 950,000 apples left at the end of this tales. So worth it in my opinion to skip a few things when you never have to worry about food anymore after building your buffer!

Good point. I had to skip raising Suprise cause of completly lack of food. But now I don't know if that was a good idea, cause I have to battle, and I'm still losing to champion...

Snowtiger333
04-17-16, 07:16 AM
The food requirement for this tales is exactly the same as last tales, according to the info provided in threads- 345,350.

Again, i did not participate in the last dragon tales. I am talking about the ones before the last one.

cazile81
04-17-16, 07:22 AM
Now the fun part...I sent out Birthday invites to all my awesome neighbors and I received them but only 7 is showing the rest aren't even registering...only the newest request received.

OzFamily
04-17-16, 07:32 AM
Again, i did not participate in the last dragon tales. I am talking about the ones before the last one.

The February tales also required 345,350 food total...

lenasdinner
04-17-16, 07:38 AM
Now the fun part...I sent out Birthday invites to all my awesome neighbors and I received them but only 7 is showing the rest aren't even registering...only the newest request received.

force to close and it will show up.diden't show up to me eather until I closed the game and when I opend again all regjisterd.

Hepatu
04-17-16, 07:50 AM
I think I started this tale with about 330k food.
after a lvl 14 and a lvl 12 dragon for the tales and my new mercury went from lvl 1 to 15 i still have 125k food left.
I have done a lot of mining too, but still 3 dragons at lvl 12, 14 and 15 within the last 8 days ☺

saghaven
04-17-16, 07:53 AM
My game is doing this "let's not show all the invites you got" mess again. Received 10 and it's only showing 1. Force closing did not help. I swear I hope they don't make this a regular thing in these events. This is such a PITA

Kennedward
04-17-16, 08:02 AM
My game is doing this "let's not show all the invites you got" mess again. Received 10 and it's only showing 1. Force closing did not help. I swear I hope they don't make this a regular thing in these events. This is such a PITA

Agreed, I don't like these tasks that requires getting invites from neighbors, those should be changed in future events

cazile81
04-17-16, 08:09 AM
force to close and it will show up.diden't show up to me eather until I closed the game and when I opend again all regjisterd.

I did that several times and I went to the Artic Isles but it just won't register.

cazile81
04-17-16, 08:11 AM

I'm having the same problem on mine.

snowyglowy
04-17-16, 08:26 AM
I'm on where it says lvl up sur.dragon to lvl14 and I haven't that much food now so I have to give up this event I guess :(

lady_saphira
04-17-16, 09:07 AM
Does anyone know when the mid levels get the 2nd dragon as a prize? I'm guessing it's at the end of chapter 8 since I just finished 7 and didn't get it...

AmaDrac
04-17-16, 09:14 AM
It took me 2 days to get my 8 invites, but now I've caught up & ready to begin Chapter 10 on Monday morning. I'm trying the new tricks: asked for a map from computer today and going to ask many neighbor's for invites early tomorrow morning. I still can't believe for all these years I thought 20 was the limit. Thank you everyone for advice. At least I got the gold reward for day 9; now, if I can just keep from accidentally spending it on coins. ?ن?

Carbuck
04-17-16, 09:32 AM

How awesome! That is fantastic! Congratulations to you! :D

missymouse1
04-17-16, 09:36 AM
I got 13 invites... I need two more.. Ugh

i need 3...but am worried im not going to get enough to get my surprise dragon to 12. Ive even been hording food and then the runestones...ugh i thought for sure i had this one. I havent ever completed the tales event yet :( i really want that supreme dragon too hes beautiful//

missymouse1
04-17-16, 09:38 AM
i need 3...but am worried im not going to get enough to get my surprise dragon to 12. Ive even been hording food and then the runestones...ugh i thought for sure i had this one. I havent ever completed the tales event yet :( i really want that supreme dragon too hes beautiful//

ijust restarted my game and now all my invites are in now get surprise to 12 hes almost 10 can i do it???

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 10:03 AM
did you try force closing the game and restarting it? Mine showed up after I did that.

Yes i am doing it constantly because I realize that I do not see the request from my neighbors if I don't do it either

nyrrem
04-17-16, 10:46 AM
What is going on? I have over 130 neighbours and I still only have 14/15 invites!!!!! I'm never going to complete this 😣

Hepatu
04-17-16, 10:51 AM
Just got a request from dragons den and accepted ofc ☺

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 10:52 AM
My neighbors don't get invite request from me. What's the chance??? I only need 2 more!! Don't want to spend 75 golds for the system glitch and don't think anybody from storm 8 is helping today!! Ahh. This really sucks. I may quit playing this time...

Carbuck
04-17-16, 10:54 AM
That was what I suspected happening. I have neighbors visiting but don't respond to request. So I figure that they don't get the request.. Thank you for trying. I guess i cannot get to finish this one due to this glitch....

Don't give up hope yet. Maybe try shutting your device off and waiting a couple minutes before turning on again. Eventually the b-day invites will show up. Hoping they get to you in good time so that you can finish the quest.

JulieandMaryn
04-17-16, 10:55 AM
It says to "have" a cake in ch. 9. Can I craft early?

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 10:55 AM
Don't give up hope yet. Maybe try shutting your device off and waiting a couple minutes before turning on again. Eventually the b-day invites will show up. Hoping they get to you in good time so that you can finish the quest.

I have been force closing games every 5 minutes and turned off my phone 5 times so far. I even logged in my other device and still stuck at 13 invites... I hope it will work in few hours for me to have enough time to battle......

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 10:56 AM
I'm in the same boat as you and I keep checking for your request and it's not showing

Yeap I think it's glitch... Sent an email to support so it will take about month to resolve it??? Lol

cazile81
04-17-16, 10:58 AM
Yeap I think it's glitch... Sent an email to support so it will take about month to resolve it??? Lol

Lol

Carbuck
04-17-16, 10:59 AM
It says to "have" a cake in ch. 9. Can I craft early?

Yes you can craft early. I already have mine sitting on my island and I haven't gotten to that task yet.

I have been force closing games every 5 minutes and turned off my phone 5 times so far. I even logged in my other device and still stuck at 13 invites... I hope it will work in few hours for me to have enough time to battle......

Oh goodness!! Sorry to hear that. How much time do you have left on your timer? Have you sent the max requests to your neighbors?

BellasHouse1
So I noticed in Act 5 Chapter 6 that it says to craft Birthday Candles. However, there is no Birthday Candles to craft, only Birthday Cake and Birthday Presents. I'm trying to start crafting ahead but since there's no Birthday Candles in the list, I can't. Does it show up later or is this a typo in these posts?

cazile81
I'm wondering now is there a cap on how many request we can accept to help our neighbors

cazile81
04-17-16, 11:00 AM
So I noticed in Act 5 Chapter 6 that it says to craft Birthday Candles. However, there is no Birthday Candles to craft, only Birthday Cake and Birthday Presents. I'm trying to start crafting ahead but since there's no Birthday Candles in the list, I can't. Does it show up later or is this a typo in these posts?

It should be under materials tab

Jackiesq
04-17-16, 11:01 AM

You have too use the all or material tab to see the receipe for this in the spellshop.

nyrrem
04-17-16, 11:02 AM
I REALLY wanted this beautiful dragon. 😭

Hepatu
04-17-16, 11:04 AM
After several restart of the game an 2 phone restart, still only 1 request got through

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 11:05 AM
Yes you can craft early. I already have mine sitting on my island and I haven't gotten to that task yet.

Oh goodness!! Sorry to hear that. How much time do you have left on your timer? Have you sent the max requests to your neighbors?

I have 13 hours left and holding on to my farm so i can collect if invite comes in. What's the max request?? I selectively sent out to active neighbors and then add all the others...

hestiarulez
04-17-16, 11:42 AM
Woohoo!! Earned my Supreme dragon!! Started the last chapter yesterday. I needed two days to be sure to get all the invites.

Carbuck
04-17-16, 11:47 AM
Really? My count is still stuck at 13... Let me restart my phone

Yes. I'm sure.

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 11:51 AM
Yes. I'm sure.

Ok restarting didn't help. So i deleted the app and reinstalling now hopefully it works....

Carbuck
04-17-16, 11:59 AM
Woohoo!! Earned my Supreme dragon!! Started the last chapter yesterday. I needed two days to be sure to get all the invites.

Awesome! Congratulations!

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 12:03 PM
Yes. I'm sure.

Ok deleted and reinstalled the app and it's still stuck at 13... Thank you for your help.. I think tale is done for me..

Carbuck
04-17-16, 12:10 PM
Ok deleted and reinstalled the app and it's still stuck at 13... Thank you for your help.. I think tale is done for me..

You still have about 12 hours or so left. Anything can happen. Maybe take a 30 min or 1 hour break. Then check again.

Hepatu
04-17-16, 12:23 PM
Yeah i think it's a bug.. Thank you for trying!!

yw. I'll keep trying till I'm off to bed. just hope you get what you need before that

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 12:29 PM
You still have about 12 hours or so left. Anything can happen. Maybe take a 30 min or 1 hour break. Then check again.

yw. I'll keep trying till I'm off to bed. just hope you get what you need before that

Thank you both!! I hope it will work magicaly soon.

jacksusa
04-17-16, 12:29 PM
I'd just like to encourage everyone to keep checking your news feed for invitation requests. Let's help our neighbors get that dragon!

TeasTeas
04-17-16, 12:38 PM
the request thing was a bit buggy. I noticed that ones came back in notifications stating map request. These were persons/nbrs I've recently added. No map requests sent. Those returned stating that in my notif. feed did noot get counted to my knowledge.. had two return and third said maps and didn't get counted; fourth got counted and came back as "invite".

Got it; but did have to restart after making birthday cake and placing it. Game did not compute. lols That part made me nervous!

Baby is on the nest!!!!

YAY!!! ♡

Carbuck
04-17-16, 12:43 PM
the request thing was a bit buggy. I noticed that ones came back in notifications stating map request. These were persons/nbrs I've recently added. No map requests sent. Those returned stating that in my notif. feed did noot get counted to my knowledge.. had two return and third said maps and didn't get counted; fourth got counted and came back as "invite".

Got it; but did have to restart after making birthday cake and placing it. Game did not compute. lols That part made me nervous!

Baby is on the nest!!!!

YAY!!! ♡

Teas,

Glad you finally made it. Congratulations!

rosym47
04-17-16, 12:49 PM
The invite acknowledgements have problems but my problem is that it takes too long to get the invites. I also don't like that I am dependent on others to complete unless I use gold. This is what I have done this time but if there is another challenge like this I won't bother.

cazile81
04-17-16, 12:52 PM
Nearly 8 hours since I originally sent out requests and I'm still stuck on 13/15 invites. I would have had them an hour into the task if I didn't get hit with this unfortunate glitch. Thanks to all who've helped to resolve the matter but now I'm just hoping it resolves itself.

saghaven
04-17-16, 12:53 PM
Yeah this invite thing is way too glitchy if this many people are having trouble. It's unfair that people are missing out on the final dragon because TL couldn't code their game right. I refuse to spend 75 gold because of the game being messed up. As beautiful as it is I'll just have to miss this one. 11 hours left and still only showing 1/15 invites even though a ton of neighbors have responded to the request.

Hepatu
04-17-16, 12:55 PM
I got all my invites in less than a hour. but I also sent 160 requests.
So my conclusion is. Do not underestimate the value of a lot of neighbours tho it sometimes seems to be over****

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 12:55 PM
Nearly 8 hours since I originally sent out requests and I'm still stuck on 13/15 invites. I would have had them an hour into the task if I didn't get hit with this unfortunate glitch. Thanks to all who've helped to resolve the matter but now I'm just hoping it resolves itself.

Same here.. Stuck at 13/15 invites for the past 8 hours!! It's really annoying that there is nobody who can fix it when there is a time limit for us to finish. I don't want to spend 75 gold for this stupid invite and i really want Supreme dragon. Where is flatfoot today!!!

Carbuck
04-17-16, 01:00 PM
Yeah this invite thing is way too glitchy if this many people are having trouble. It's unfair that people are missing out on the final dragon because TL couldn't code their game right. I refuse to spend 75 gold because of the game being messed up. As beautiful as it is I'll just have to miss this one. 11 hours left and still only showing 1/15 invites even though a ton of neighbors have responded to the request.

Sag,
Whoa! That is insane! What a mess.

Hepatu
04-17-16, 01:09 PM
It's weird, I'm getting requests from my old neighbours but still nothing from lucky

Carbuck
04-17-16, 01:11 PM
Well I am starting my chapter 10 tasks tomorrow. I hope the "invites" task doesn't turn into a nightmare for me. I think I have a good strategy based on the comments from this thread.

Bastiaan0
04-17-16, 01:14 PM
Finished tales a few hours ago, no problems encountered. Supreme egg is on the nest :)

By the way, beautiful egg ;)

Carbuck
04-17-16, 01:20 PM
Finished tales a few hours ago, no problems encountered. Supreme egg is on the nest :)

By the way, beautiful egg ;)

Fantastic job! Congratulations!

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 01:50 PM
Requests sent.

Thanks!

Accepted yours. Hopefully you got it.

Carbuck
04-17-16, 01:51 PM
Request sent.

Thanks!

Did you receive my reply to your birthday invite?

insomniadreams88
04-17-16, 01:59 PM
Did you receive my reply to your birthday invite?

I did, thanks!

11/15 now. Wish the gold cost would go down with every invite received.

TeasTeas
04-17-16, 02:02 PM
I did, thanks!

11/15 now. Wish the gold cost would go down with every invite received.

I sent you nbr req. also lov.

lindakbradley54
04-17-16, 02:03 PM
I hav also been stuck on 12 of 15 for the last couple of hours. I have been playing Dragon Story daily since the game began and have over 130 friends but can't get 15 invites. That is not right! Why should this event have to count on neighbors to complete a chapter? Especially on the last day. This gives us no time to gather required responses. If there was a way to determine neighbors that no longer play, it would be a big help. Maybe the developers would be willing to add a 'days since accessed' timer to the neighbor list so that we could remove inactive accounts easier. I really enjoy the game and hate that I may not complete this event.

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 02:06 PM
Oh that sucks!! No, no request for birthday invite showing from you :( have you posted in the bug forum?

No i should do that. But I did email support ealier. Thanks.

snowyhillz
04-17-16, 02:08 PM
No i should do that. But I did email support ealier. Thanks.

Event will be over before Support will respond unfortunately :(

luckyaa7
04-17-16, 02:11 PM

Yeap it will be like a month before I hear anything back. Considering spending 75 golds and request refund later. But don't like the odds of getting refund.. I really wanted supreme dragon though.... It really annoys me

snowyhillz
04-17-16, 02:14 PM
Yeap it will be like a month before I hear anything back. Considering spending 75 golds and request refund later. But don't like the odds of getting refund.. I really wanted supreme dragon though.... It really annoys me

You still need to do 4 arena battles so you need to decide what to do..... If it were me I would spend the 75 gold and request it back

TeasTeas
04-17-16, 02:19 PM
I was adding you to see if I could help with your requests, I have finished the requests and on to the 4 arena battles..... And they are the real hard ones of the tournament

Use Fairy against stone elem if u have her.

snowyhillz
04-17-16, 02:22 PM
Use Fairy against stone elem if u have her.

Thanks for the advice!

saghaven
04-17-16, 02:23 PM
Would they be willing to do refunds? Have they done them before? I already have been back and forth with support from the last time we had to get invites and I had this issue. So there's a record of my complaint already.

Hawk1
04-17-16, 02:24 PM
Having to rely on neighbor invites instead of something you have to do is frustrating, especially since it seems that they get lost in the ether or are delayed long enough to have a real impact on you finishing a chapter on the last day. I dread getting to chapter 10 on Thursday, unless I set an alarm to wake me @ 2:00am to send out invites I could be fighting the last battle @1:59am the next morning with my luck here @ DS.

DragonflyRocket
04-17-16, 02:28 PM
Egg sitting and incubating on the nest. So glad this Tales is over, Chapter 10 was harder than I thought it'd be.

kooky panda
04-17-16, 02:28 PM
Another reminder guys. Please see post 1. Please do not post personal invites and conversations on the thread.
Please communicate with each other's through PMs.

Thanks

Add me posts/conversations have been removed.

cazile81
04-17-16, 02:33 PM
I have completed the tournament but still need 2 bday invites that magically disappeared along with all the rest in my news section. It would really be nice if all of us who have encountered this problem get it resolved soon. Oh and still no word from support. I wonder if I skip the task will I get my gold reimbursed from support. Decisions, decisions...who am I kidding this is so unfair.

Niire
04-17-16, 02:34 PM

Then they'll blame lag on your end...><

snowyhillz
04-17-16, 02:43 PM
I have completed the tournament but still need 2 bday invites that magically disappeared along with all the rest in my news section. It would really be nice if all of us who have encountered this problem get it resolved soon. Oh and still no word from support. I wonder if I skip the task will I get my gold reimbursed from support. Decisions, decisions...who am I kidding this is so unfair.
Add your post to the one in the bug section

clk48706
04-17-16, 02:48 PM
Way to Ruin a Birthday Storm8
I am a level 150 player and have played this birthday bash since the day it came out. The request from 8 neighbors in chapter 7 took over 9 hours so I knew I had to skip ch 10 with gold for any chance of completing the chapter. Still have 1 hr before I have all the runes tones and still have 2 acts to complete with 9 hrs to go!
The requirements for Ch 10 are totally unrealistic to be done in 1 day without spending a lot of gold. For those of us who have been playing for 4 yrs this is a real slap in the face!
If this is the way things are going to be from now on, these will be my last gold purchases and no more goals for me

I think you better rethink how you set up goals

Carbuck
04-17-16, 02:53 PM
Way to Ruin a Birthday Storm8
I am a level 150 player and have played this birthday bash since the day it came out. The request from 8 neighbors in chapter 7 took over 9 hours so I knew I had to skip ch 10 with gold for any chance of completing the chapter. Still have 1 hr before I have all the runes tones and still have 2 acts to complete with 9 hrs to go!
The requirements for Ch 10 are totally unrealistic to be done in 1 day without spending a lot of gold. For those of us who have been playing for 4 yrs this is a real slap in the face!
If this is the way things are going to be from now on, these will be my last gold purchases and no more goals for me

I think you better rethink how you set up goals

I hope you have time to also post this in the "Bugs" section as this issue still hasn't been flagged over to the team for resolution.

starship412
04-17-16, 02:56 PM
How can I get food efficiently in DT? I never finish these DTs because of the lack of food.

belarica
04-17-16, 03:01 PM
How can I get food efficiently in DT? I never finish these DTs because of the lack of food.

Never feed anyone unless it's for a tale is my way.

kooky panda
I hope you have time to also post this in the "Bugs" section as this issue still hasn't been flagged over to the team for resolution.

This issue was flagged over a few days ago

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90824-Cannot-get-invite-for-birthday-bash-tales

Carbuck

Please read post #2. There is a section within the rectangular box titled: Planning for the next Dragon Tales Event. It has information about how much food you should have on hand before you start a DT.

Carbuck
04-17-16, 03:03 PM
This issue was flagged over a few days ago

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90824-Cannot-get-invite-for-birthday-bash-tales

Thanks. When I read the thread about problems with getting the birthday invites I didn't see any reference to it being referred.

Snowtiger333
04-17-16, 03:15 PM
The February tales also required 345,350 food total...

This event is requiring more. You are more than welcome to research them all. Its not really a question for me. I have the Jack, King & Queen sitting on my island and the Jack & King are both at level 12; therefore, requiring less food.

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 03:16 PM
8 hours and 45 minutes to complete 3 battles and then I'm done. Will craft the cake when I win the second last battle.

Now that Battlecaster is out of the road to success I am happy!

Snowtiger333
04-17-16, 03:19 PM
They dont issue refunds for coins or gold so if you use gold, you should expect to not get it back.

saghaven
04-17-16, 03:21 PM
Then I'm not doing it. This will just be one dragon I'm not gonna get.

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 03:25 PM
This event is requiring more. You are more than welcome to research them all. Its not really a question for me. I have the Jack, King & Queen sitting on my island and the Jack & King are both at level 12; therefore, requiring less food.

Level is no indication by itself as the dragons have different feeding patterns.

snowyhillz
04-17-16, 03:25 PM
They don't issue refunds for sync issues, but this is not a sync issue... It's a bug, but even if you spend gold to skip this step you need to collect runestones and win 4 battles and with only 8 hours to go it is a very tough ask

Carbuck
04-17-16, 03:43 PM
8 hours and 45 minutes to complete 3 battles and then I'm done. Will craft the cake when I win the 3rd battle.

Now that Battlecaster is out of the road to success I am happy!

You can go ahead and craft your cake now. The task requires you to "have" it instead of "craft" it.

I hope you finish everything in time. Good luck!

snowyhillz
04-17-16, 04:00 PM
Sped up the last 2 tournament battles expecting them to take a long time and they both went down first go .... So I have immovable on the nest and Just have 1 more "normal" arena battle to win and I already have the cake baked .... Looking good :)

Edit-> razorback 10 beat Rex and supreme is on the nest .... Yippppeeeeeeee!!!

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 04:28 PM
Many of our friends and neighbours will be finishing over the coming days, having started after all of us.

Please make sure, for them, that we all keep checking for invite requests until Tales is over for everyone.

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 04:30 PM
You can go ahead and craft your cake now. The task requires you to "have" it instead of "craft" it.

I hope you finish everything in time. Good luck!

Yes, I know, it is just one of my quirks! LOL But thank you, as many newer players may not realise the distinction.

roguebee
04-17-16, 04:32 PM
I have Supreme on the nest. Somehow in my planning for Day 10, I missed the 5 hour wait between harvesting the Fireapples and collecting 80 runestones (I planted Diamondates). Gave me plenty of time to collect my invites, but I only needed about 2 hours to get the needed 15. Then I had to twiddle my thumbs for 3 hours...

One thing I've noticed today in my news feed. I was in the game about every 75-90 minutes for the tournament. I would check the feed for invites to accept and they would range anywhere from minutes ago to 4 hours. To me, that's an issue.

Niire
04-17-16, 04:37 PM
I have Supreme on the nest. Somehow in my planning for Day 10, I missed the 5 hour wait between harvesting the Fireapples and collecting 80 runestones (I planted Diamondates). Gave me plenty of time to collect my invites, but I only needed about 2 hours to get the needed 15. Then I had to twiddle my thumbs for 3 hours...

One thing I've noticed today in my news feed. I was in the game about every 75-90 minutes for the tournament. I would check the feed for invites to accept and they would range anywhere from minutes ago to 4 hours. To me, that's an issue.

Same here! My 8 invites come tomorrow...so, people noticing sending out to all friends for invites is better?

roguebee
04-17-16, 04:42 PM
Same here! My 8 invites come tomorrow...so, people noticing sending out to all friends for invites is better?

I probably sent out somewhere around 40 invites. Mostly neighbors that I know are active as well as many of the new neighbors I acquired over the past few days.

Basically, I would recommend over**** on the invitations sent and accept that you probably won't be able to collect many Mystic Maps for the day after as invites displace maps (20 received limit).

Xyn25
04-17-16, 04:47 PM
Finished this event a few hours back, Supreme is in storage for now. Thanks to all my wonderful neighbors who gave me all 15 invites in about 4 hours!!

OzFamily
04-17-16, 05:03 PM
Supreme dragon is mine forever!

Finished without having to use gold, and got 16 invites in 9 hours today (I was sitting on 13/15 five hours in, so those last four hours waiting for invites were not fun!). For the invites today, since when I opened the app I had one invite request from someone I wasn't planning to ask, I decided to change my strategy. I asked the first 14 neighbors I was planning to ask (those most likely to respond for my time zone), then asked that neighbor. Then, throughout the morning, as a neighbor I had not asked for an invite requested one, I asked them. That certainly helped, and a third of my invites were received using that method.

My goal was to get the invites part done in 8 hours- and I planted the 8hr crops to help mentally, as well as to prepare for the runestone step.

Thank you to everyone who helped, and good luck to everyone still working on the tales!

Carbuck
04-17-16, 05:47 PM
Yes, I know, it is just one of my quirks! LOL But thank you, as many newer players may not realise the distinction.

Okay. LOL!!

Snowtiger333
04-17-16, 05:48 PM
Level is no indication by itself as the dragons have different feeding patterns.
Actually, it is, they r pretty consistent with how much is needed to feed dragon tales' dragons. My level 12 king & jack require 10,900 each feeding. My level 14 dame of darkness requies 20,000. My level 9 banshee requies 6,000. The surprise level 9 required 6,000. The post that is copy and pasted every dragon tales also shows that.

Carbuck
04-17-16, 06:06 PM
Sped up the last 2 tournament battles expecting them to take a long time and they both went down first go .... So I have immovable on the nest and Just have 1 more "normal" arena battle to win and I already have the cake baked .... Looking good :)

Edit-> razorback 10 beat Rex and supreme is on the nest .... Yippppeeeeeeee!!!

Fantastic! Congratulations!

Excellent! Congratulations!

Finished this event a few hours back, Supreme is in storage for now. Thanks to all my wonderful neighbors who gave me all 15 invites in about 4 hours!!

Beautiful! Congratulations!

Supreme dragon is mine forever!

Finished without having to use gold, and got 16 invites in 9 hours today (I was sitting on 13/15 five hours in, so those last four hours waiting for invites were not fun!). For the invites today, since when I opened the app I had one invite request from someone I wasn't planning to ask, I decided to change my strategy. I asked the first 14 neighbors I was planning to ask (those most likely to respond for my time zone), then asked that neighbor. Then, throughout the morning, as a neighbor I had not asked for an invite requested one, I asked them. That certainly helped, and a third of my invites were received using that method.

My goal was to get the invites part done in 8 hours- and I planted the 8hr crops to help mentally, as well as to prepare for the runestone step.

Thank you to everyone who helped, and good luck to everyone still working on the tales!

Oz,

Thanks for your insight on the invites because I have already planned to not send all of my allotted 20 so that I have some options. This solidifies my plan to do just that. :cool:

Carbuck
04-17-16, 06:10 PM
I'm off to get some sleep so that I can be up to start Chapter 10 in the morning my time.

Good luck to all who are finished and those who will finish soon.

Ciao!

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 06:13 PM
Ok, the Tournament is finished, the Cake is cooking, I just need one last non-tourny battle in an hour, then I'm done.

Will have 106,000 food remaining by the time Supreme is in my possession.

florawynn
04-17-16, 06:26 PM

This Tales and the 2 before it all required the same amount of food: 345,350 apples. The last Tales requiring less was the Royal Flush one, with a food requirement of 220,920 apples.

Xyn25
04-17-16, 06:28 PM
I'm off to get some sleep so that I can be up to start Chapter 10 in the morning my time.

Good luck to all who are finished and those who will finish soon.

Ciao!

Thanks and good luck tomorrow!! :D

newzealander
04-17-16, 06:32 PM
I'll admit it - I had to use gold to ultimate one of my battles, because I had tried everything and I was worried that Battlecaster would be my barrier to finishing the Tales. (I'm still bitter about the timing on this one!) But the next three battles were all successful, and finally, I have Supreme sitting on my nest.

A huge thank you to all my amazing neighbours who were incredible at responding so quickly. That helped so much. As DeeDee said, we need to keep supporting those that are still going, so I will be checking as often as I can.

lnztrekfan
04-17-16, 06:33 PM
Quick question. I can't remember if when it comes time to hatch Genie if I have to put it in a habitat to count or can I sell it off the nest? Thanks in advance! :)

saghaven
04-17-16, 06:42 PM
You can sell it off the nest and it still counts.

lnztrekfan
04-17-16, 06:48 PM
You can sell it off the nest and it still counts.

Thank you so much! ��

PinkBubbles75
04-17-16, 07:00 PM
Godmother is super rare and will give you large gems not the small ones you need. Your best bet is to trade rare dragons which will give you two small gems. Commons only give one small gem and you never know which of the colors it will be. For instance, a Mist may give a blue or a yellow small gem.

Thank you for the info :) When I collected from the godmother trade earlier, it actually gave me the small sapphire I needed along with the large sapphire and large amethyst! lol I didn't know you could get a small and a large gem of the same type in one trade. Lucky for me I guess lol

saghaven
04-17-16, 07:31 PM
How many rune stones do you get from diamond dates? I think you get 12 or 13 but I can't remember.

cazile81
04-17-16, 07:49 PM
How many rune stones do you get from diamond dates? I think you get 12 or 13 but I can't remember.

It's both some drop 12 and some drop 13 but the 8 hrs drop 20 each.

empyress
04-17-16, 07:51 PM
Finished with just over 4 hours to spare! I knew when the 8 invites took 2 days that I would need to spend some of my hard won gold to skip the 15 invites, so I did. And I consciously decided not to work on the tourney, to avoid being on high rounds today. Phew! Good luck to those still plowing though!

DeeDe99
04-17-16, 08:06 PM

Poor thing has to wait about 20 hours for a nest: Anubis, Immovable and a Penumbra already incubating, with a current breeding also needing a nest. No, I am NOT buying a fourth nest. Can't afford it.

Also have Supersonic and Lost Bones about to hit crafting, so breeding may have to take a back seat until all these eggs are cleared.

Just fed Sultana up to 13 with some of the remaining food.

Remind me again, this IS a BREEDING game, isn't it?

4 hours remaining on the clock.

Good luck to those still working through Chapters - I will keep my eyes out for your invite requests!

Hepatu
04-17-16, 09:00 PM
Lucky, now I've got your request for neighbour. A bit odd as I sent to you 8 hrs ago and you accepted it

tuffyjkitten
04-17-16, 09:09 PM
Managed to connect to wifi at work and got more food growing. I don't remember now who suggested mining for food but thank you! That saved planting another round of food. Got the Surprise up to level 12 and then remembered about the stupid collecting from farming! Broke down and bought gold so I could skip that part. Two battles down, two to go. Cake is waiting to be collected. If all goes well I will finish 20 minutes before the event expires....yes I am watching time closely and am ready to speed up battles if necessary. No way I am not finishing this one!!

Upgrapes are my new best friend.

Edit: As expected I jinxed myself by posting and lost the 3rd battle. Sped it halfway thru and won, then sped the last battle halfway thru and won. Cake was placed and Supreme is mine! Total cost of 6+35+2+2 = 45 gold spent on chapter 10.

rasike
04-17-16, 10:59 PM
I will start the day 8 soon and I'm worried about getting 15 invites on day 10. Someone wrote in this thread that it is better only to send requests to people who are playing the game and will send the invites quickly. Is it true? I have a lot of neighbours that do not play. I wonder if the chance to get 15 invites faster will be smaller if I will send invites to all my neighbours?

Jackiesq
04-17-16, 11:35 PM
I will start the day 8 soon and I'm worried about getting 15 invites on day 10. Someone wrote in this thread that it is better only to send requests to people who are playing the game and will send the invites quickly. Is it true? I have a lot of neighbours that do not play. I wonder if the chance to get 15 invites faster will be smaller if I will send invites to all my neighbours?

I sent them to all my neighbors. Main account max 5 minutes after DSTales day 10 started. Got the 15 in less then 10 minutes. 2nd account I did it max 5 minutes later and it took less then 20 minutes. So it seems to me, only the moment you send the request that matters...

snowyhillz
04-17-16, 11:49 PM

Just send to all your neighbours.... It just means that the next day you probably won't get any maps

catlicja
04-18-16, 12:14 AM
Supreme is on the nest, I'm so happy, I really wanted him
Lessons for me: first - skip few next events to build up good buffer of food, and second - don't start the tournament with tales, battle only with easy opponents :)
It can save many stress and gold :)
Thanks everyone for useful information and advices :) see you in the future ;)

DrP4ever
04-18-16, 12:27 AM
There was no way I could finish with only playing on WiFi, the amount of resources neede etc. Not sure why it had to be a timed event instead of something you could work towards to receive the dragon in the end. I'm at level 118' finally got the coveted Diamond dragon last month. I have way too many unfinished events and this one I thought would be achievable but sadly it wasn't. It is time to delete for me and move on sadly. Very disappointing but oh well. I will check my game once a day for about a week to help neighbors out but after that I'm finished because this isn't fun to make such an effort, use up all those resources and still not get the prize. Sad.

Carbuck
04-18-16, 12:27 AM

Just got up to start as early as possible. This is the start of chapter 10 for me as well. Good luck to you.

Carbuck
04-18-16, 12:41 AM
Thanks and good luck tomorrow!! :D

Thanks. Are you finished?

Carbuck
04-18-16, 12:46 AM
I'll admit it - I had to use gold to ultimate one of my battles, because I had tried everything and I was worried that Battlecaster would be my barrier to finishing the Tales. (I'm still bitter about the timing on this one!) But the next three battles were all successful, and finally, I have Supreme sitting on my nest.

A huge thank you to all my amazing neighbours who were incredible at responding so quickly. That helped so much. As DeeDee said, we need to keep supporting those that are still going, so I will be checking as often as I can.

Fantastic! Congratulations!

Finished with just over 4 hours to spare! I knew when the 8 invites took 2 days that I would need to spend some of my hard won gold to skip the 15 invites, so I did. And I consciously decided not to work on the tourney, to avoid being on high rounds today. Phew! Good luck to those still plowing though!

Bravo! Congratulations!

Poor thing has to wait about 20 hours for a nest: Anubis, Immovable and a Penumbra already incubating, with a current breeding also needing a nest. No, I am NOT buying a fourth nest. Can't afford it.

Also have Supersonic and Lost Bones about to hit crafting, so breeding may have to take a back seat until all these eggs are cleared.

Just fed Sultana up to 13 with some of the remaining food.

Remind me again, this IS a BREEDING game, isn't it?

4 hours remaining on the clock.

Good luck to those still working through Chapters - I will keep my eyes out for your invite requests!

Wonderful job! Congratulations!

Managed to connect to wifi at work and got more food growing. I don't remember now who suggested mining for food but thank you! That saved planting another round of food. Got the Surprise up to level 12 and then remembered about the stupid collecting from farming! Broke down and bought gold so I could skip that part. Two battles down, two to go. Cake is waiting to be collected. If all goes well I will finish 20 minutes before the event expires....yes I am watching time closely and am ready to speed up battles if necessary. No way I am not finishing this one!!

Upgrapes are my new best friend.

Edit: As expected I jinxed myself by posting and lost the 3rd battle. Sped it halfway thru and won, then sped the last battle halfway thru and won. Cake was placed and Supreme is mine! Total cost of 6+35+2+2 = 45 gold spent on chapter 10.

Yay you did it! Congratulations!

Supreme is on the nest, I'm so happy, I really wanted him
Lessons for me: first - skip few next events to build up good buffer of food, and second - don't start the tournament with tales, battle only with easy opponents :)
It can save many stress and gold :)
Thanks everyone for useful information and advices :) see you in the future ;)

Carbuck
04-18-16, 12:50 AM
There was no way I could finish with only playing on WiFi, the amount of resources neede etc. Not sure why it had to be a timed event instead of something you could work towards to receive the dragon in the end. I'm at level 118' finally got the coveted Diamond dragon last month. I have way too many unfinished events and this one I thought would be achievable but sadly it wasn't. It is time to delete for me and move on sadly. Very disappointing but oh well. I will check my game once a day for about a week to help neighbors out but after that I'm finished because this isn't fun to make such an effort, use up all those resources and still not get the prize. Sad.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. I had to come to the realization that I couldn't do all the events and have a life at the same time. I started picking and choosing which ones to participate in. It works out so much better for me that way. I am taking on the challenge of this DT event. i'll see how it ends. Take care of yourself.

Sandybellee
04-18-16, 12:58 AM
Thank you so much to all my wonderful neighbors who sent birthday invites so quickly! Hugs all around! :) I got all 15 in a little less than an hour!

pernmagic
04-18-16, 02:38 AM
Question? I'm on Chapter 9, all organised and will finish easily , my chapter 10 is due to start 8 am tomorrow morning, I'm am as organised for that as I can be , my question is .......... If I decided to start the last chapter early during today will that extend the 24 hour limit to complete the last chapter OR will I be limited to completing that last chapter 24 hours from initialising it today ......

Appreciate some advice please

AliceWinter24
04-18-16, 02:42 AM
It took me two days to get 8 birthday invites. So while I waited for the last invites, I prepared for the next chapter. And this is where it all went a total mess. I forgot that I still had to collect runestones before I harvested the pumpwings, and after I had collected the runestones, I noticed I had forgot to send out Playful on Finding Friends, and somewhere in the middle I accidentally picked up the Birthday Candles I had crafted for the next chapter. That happens way too often, I do something else nearby, and suddenly it's picked up. Anyway, not excatly going as planned, but at least it's not the last day ...