PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story: Big Birthday Bash! April 8 2016

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

groovyedwin
04-09-16, 04:10 PM
Remember when you ask on Day 7 only 20 or so request will go out from your entire list. The reminders will go out at a rate of 20 or so per day afterwards. So make sure you do not have many neighbors or you may get locked out on Day 10 from getting 20 on Day 7, 20 on Day 8, 20 on Day 9, and 20 on Day 10 before the act comes up.

groovyedwin
04-09-16, 04:13 PM
In order to help others you may want to consider declining providing maps or lotus during the event. This way others will not get saturated towards their limit of 20 or so per day with items other than invites.

I will be declining all map and lotus requests for the next 12 days in order to help others out.

saghaven
04-09-16, 04:43 PM
I just had to spend the 45 gold to skip the battle arenas because I've been stuck on Amazon for two days. SMDH

DeeDe99
04-09-16, 05:10 PM
Just spotted the Birthday Candle crafting hidden mid-way through the Material crafting list. If you haven't spotted it, scroll!

DeeDe99
04-09-16, 05:12 PM
In order to help others you may want to consider declining providing maps or lotus during the event. This way others will not get saturated towards their limit of 20 or so per day with items other than invites.

I will be declining all map and lotus requests for the next 12 days in order to help others out.

Just a thought - maybe not all your neighbours are doing the Tales. Or at least not all of all our neighbours. So declining in a blanket fashion may disadvantage some. I think I'll leave the decision to the requestor and continue to accept requests. Something to think about though!

I'm planning to request invites from a sub-set of my neighbours only. The time difference is an issue - I don't know how many of my neighbours will be awake!

Kennedward
04-09-16, 05:35 PM
Waiting for Chapter 3 to start, which won't be until tomorrow morning

ravenousdreams
04-09-16, 05:36 PM
Just a thought - maybe not all your neighbours are doing the Tales. Or at least not all of all our neighbours. So declining in a blanket fashion may disadvantage some. I think I'll leave the decision to the requestor and continue to accept requests. Something to think about though!

I'm planning to request invites from a sub-set of my neighbours only. The time difference is an issue - I don't know how many of my neighbours will be awake!

Anybody on a Kindle will not be doing the event as it is not available to them.

kooky panda
04-09-16, 06:12 PM
That is an important question indeed! Since one can only get 20 maps a day, are the invites added to the total number of items received or is it possible to receive 20 maps AND all invites needed? *more confirmation needed!*
I will get confirmation, but normally in cases like this, all your request items count together so you can receive a total of 20 (still waiting on the answer to 25) requests per day.
So if your friends send are responding to your request for maps, these can keep you from getting the invites. To be safe I would suggest not sending out any other requests right now.

kooky panda
04-09-16, 06:14 PM
So can I request invites from all my neighbours or is there a limit?

What is the cost gold wise to unlock chapter 10 early?

THanks in advance?
You can send out unlimited invites .
I do not know the gold to unlock chapter 10. I will see if I can find out.

Eenie1
04-09-16, 06:21 PM
Mystic maps - Are they supposed to show up in storage? Mine have not appeared yet, though my Playful Dragon did. I've tried closing and reopening. Just want to be sure I'm looking in the right spot before uninstalling, as that scares me! Thanks for any advice you an offer this newbie!

Niire
04-09-16, 06:25 PM
I think I'll hold off on map requests too, just to be on the safe side. I sent a request "today" (DS "today", my yesterday), so those will come in over the next few days. We have to get invites twice, I think, so as soon as we have them, then I'll ask for maps again. Will slow down expansion, but better to be safe than sorry.

Yah very much so, I always play safe, lol.

I haven't started yet, still harvesting. I'll probably let the tales start on it's own, so I can max out this food. :p

DeeDe99
04-09-16, 06:29 PM
Mystic maps - Are they supposed to show up in storage? Mine have not appeared yet, though my Playful Dragon did. I've tried closing and reopening. Just want to be sure I'm looking in the right spot before uninstalling, as that scares me! Thanks for any advice you an offer this newbie!

No, maps don't show in storage, you just have more than you did before. Food is the same, it adds to your total, doesn't actually go to storage. With food, you see the total increase, with maps you need to know how many you had and then not have an expansion happening so you can click in "Expand" and see the increase reflected in the total on the Expand window.

As I usually have expansions running, I just have to trust I got the maps! LOL

TeasTeas
04-09-16, 06:34 PM
Ok. Holding off on maps now. Was trying to get them in now beforehand but don't want to take chances. Ty for heads up.

Eenie1
04-09-16, 06:35 PM
DeeDe99, Thank you SO much!!

Freesia_Rose
04-09-16, 07:12 PM
I'm open to receive neighbors.

groovyedwin
04-09-16, 07:19 PM

IIRC, when you send a new request it wipes out your previous request. So when you send the invite request you will no longer be asking neighbors for maps. Best to just skip asking for maps for the duration of the tales to avoid getting pinched.

The tales is time limited whereas maps requests can be made daily after the tales end. I am going to play it safe and decline all requests but invites in case a neighbor is doing tales.

OzFamily
04-09-16, 07:31 PM
IIRC, when you send a new request it wipes out your previous request. So when you send the invite request you will no longer be asking neighbors for maps. Best to just skip asking for maps for the duration of the tales to avoid getting pinched.

The tales is time limited whereas maps requests can be made daily after the tales end. I am going to play it safe and decline all requests but invites in case a neighbor is doing tales.

Do you realize you are eliminating yourself from getting invite requests from anyone like me who's sending out map requests to determine which neighbors are most likely to be available when invites are needed? You may even lose neighbors if they are using map requests to determine who's active (since crashing happens often when we visit)...

newzealander
04-09-16, 07:51 PM
Just a suggestion, to help indicate to other players that you are active (and therefore hopefully answering requests frequently), try visiting a lot of neighbour's to keep your Social rating up. Since this drops quickly when you aren't visiting neighbours regularly, it will be a good highlight of frequent players.

Niire
04-09-16, 07:59 PM
I can't visit, but am on alooot...reason I can't do visits though is because my game crashes 9 times out of 10 when i do. :(

DeeDe99
04-09-16, 08:28 PM
Has anyone worked out how many blue and red gems we need? I thought I saw it somewhere and can't find it in this thread now.

Edit: Forget this - found it, see next page.

DeeDe99
04-09-16, 08:29 PM
I can't visit, but am on alooot...reason I can't do visits though is because my game crashes 9 times out of 10 when i do. :(

Ditto, I don't visit much for the same reason! Plus time availability.

groovyedwin
04-09-16, 08:37 PM
Do you realize you are eliminating yourself from getting invite requests from anyone like me who's sending out map requests to determine which neighbors are most likely to be available when invites are needed? You may even lose neighbors if they are using map requests to determine who's active (since crashing happens often when we visit)...

I will accept your map requests thereby preventing my ability to send you an invite along with taking up 1 request you can receive per day.

Sounds good!

DeeDe99
04-09-16, 08:37 PM
I did some investigation on questing and crafting (for high levels only ;)):
I'm very pleased to see that questing will give only one item per quest, so no need to bite nails on what to get :)

I assume only 1 item per quest, but that could also be 2, based on prior tales.
We'll need to craft:
1 Birthday Candles (used for Four Layered Cake): 1 Basic Candle, 1 small Ruby and 1 small Sapphire needed.
3 Birthday Presents: 3 Basic Candles and 3 Party Supplies needed.
1 Four Layered Cake: 2 Birthday Candles and 2 Party Supplies needed.
So basically we need: 5 Basic Candles, 5 Party Supplies, 2 small Rubies and 2 small Sapphires.

We'll have to quest:
3 Finding Friends
2 Party Planners

So we can (have to!) do in advance:
Trading rare dragons with red and/or blue if you don't have the gemstones yet
2 Finding Friends
3 Party Planners

If I read it right, we don't have to craft Dragon Story Steps, these are only optional. But we can use those to avoid storage clutter (I know that's a hot item to some of you ;)): craft Birthday Presents until Birthday Candles are gone, then craft Steps until Party Supplies are gone.

Hope that this helps anyone ;)

Forget my prior question, I found it! Phew! Knew I had seen it! Two blue, two red. Have them. Good.

rmgarrow1313
04-09-16, 08:43 PM
I play to it keeps stopping though

TeasTeas
04-09-16, 08:47 PM
An answer to the issue could be those that can visit.. if you are unsure of a player being inactive; ASK on ' their ' wall for response. I know often people can't visit due to crashing. Good way incase someone is active but can't visit. They can always reply on their wall and check back.
I know for some reason sometimes ive come across the problem myself on some islands per random, and need a relog; and that is on a solid device.
It happens. But some people can't at all; and if valued as a nbr.. check and post check.

TeasTeas
04-09-16, 08:50 PM
If you can't visit due to crash; always good to post on your own wall saying so, for others visiting to know.

DeeDe99
04-09-16, 09:16 PM
If you can't visit due to crash; always good to post on your own wall saying so, for others visiting to know.

I have such a notice on my wall, but doubt anyone sees it. As soon as anyone writes on my wall, the next visitor would have to scroll down to see it. There is no way of indicating they should do so. The functionality of the wall needs an overhaul.

TeasTeas
04-09-16, 09:24 PM
I have such a notice on my wall, but doubt anyone sees it. As soon as anyone writes on my wall, the next visitor would have to scroll down to see it. There is no way of indicating they should do so. The functionality of the wall needs an overhaul.

Agree.
I know that i check walls for peoples requests out of respect for how they wish to play or neighbors etc. but i know not everyone does for sure.
It needs to have a sticky post at the top of the page for certain. That would be a huge help.

19sparkles96
04-09-16, 10:12 PM
If you have or have access to an IOS device with at least WiFi connectivity (aka an old deactivated iPhone) you can create multiple Storm8id profiles by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings. The first time you play DS after reset you will need to complete the tutorial. Create a new Storm8id AND THEN create a password (very important, or you won't be able to switch Profiles later). Then you can send yourself the invites. Best to use a deactivated device as you will be factory resetting. Switch Profiles by opening DS and clicking the Blue Storm8 symbol in upper right corner, then Account Settings > Log in to Another Account > Enter Storm8id & Password > Log in > Proceed.

You can do this even if you are an Android or Kindle user, as long as you have access to an IOS device. Once the profiles are created, you can switch to them from any device. Hope this solves the problem of the invites.

JetteG
04-10-16, 02:23 AM
How does it work with the invites?
I have about 15 neighbours, but I doubt all of them are active on a daily basis.
Do I need more neighbours?
Please help

DeeDe99
04-10-16, 03:31 AM
How does it work with the invites?
I have about 15 neighbours, but I doubt all of them are active on a daily basis.
Do I need more neighbours?
Please help

You probably will need more neighbours if yours are not active - they also need really to be awake when you are - those of us in Australia for instance tend to play when the northern hemisphere is sleeping yet our neighbours are from anywhere and everywhere.

leysanne
04-10-16, 03:59 AM
Oh dear ... just gone through my nbr list & most are inactive. I now have only 7 nbrs ... including stormie :( going to have to go out into the big wide world & make some friends!

I play every day but my game also crashes when visiting higher level players. Reset time is 8am in the UK & I am usually playing around that time so would likely be on for Australia & New Zealand players :)

Jennerwein1
04-10-16, 04:19 AM
I bred Genie and Cosmic. 8hrs first try. 2 possible fails, 12 and 18 hrs. Music and Trickster. Will leave on nest until needed.

Bastiaan0
04-10-16, 04:25 AM
I will get confirmation, but normally in cases like this, all your request items count together so you can receive a total of 20 (still waiting on the answer to 25) requests per day.
So if your friends send are responding to your request for maps, these can keep you from getting the invites. To be safe I would suggest not sending out any other requests right now.

Thank you, Kooky ;)
To be on the safe side for tomorrow (chapter 4), since I need only 7 maps for my next expansion, I will only ask 7 neighbours for a map today. Should work...

Forget my prior question, I found it! Phew! Knew I had seen it! Two blue, two red. Have them. Good.

Glad you found it! Forgot to mention in the to-do-in-advance-list: Crafting 1 bunch of Birthday Candles. Will add it to my original post ;)

DeeDe99
04-10-16, 04:30 AM
Glad you found it! Forgot to mention in the to-do-in-advance-list: Crafting 1 bunch of Birthday Candles. Will add it to my original post ;)

And I forgot to thank you for your work! I thought - that spreadsheet has been out again!

OzFamily
04-10-16, 04:41 AM
I will accept your map requests thereby preventing my ability to send you an invite along with taking up 1 request you can receive per day.

Sounds good!

I don't think you understand how the map/invite requests work...

If I send less than 20 map requests today, then it does not take up one of the invite requests I need tomorrow. We can only request invites on the day we get those goals. If I send out map requests on a day I don't need invites, it doesn't affect the invites.

Bastiaan0
04-10-16, 04:43 AM
And I forgot to thank you for your work! I thought - that spreadsheet has been out again!

You're welcome ;)
I always have a copy of my spreadsheet in the cloud, just in case. Wouldn't know what to do without it :p

OzFamily
04-10-16, 04:46 AM

Thanks! I was looking for that, too!

Bastiaan0
04-10-16, 04:49 AM
I don't think you understand how the map/invite requests work...

If I send less than 20 map requests today, then it does not take up one of the invite requests I need tomorrow. We can only request invites on the day we get those goals. If I send out map requests on a day I don't need invites, it doesn't affect the invites.

If you send, let's say, 40 map requests today, you'll receive 20 taday (this is the max), the other will come in tomorrow, even if you don't request tomorrow. Those 20 you'll receive tomorrow will count up to your total of received items on one day, therefor you won't be able to receive any more invites!
Hope this makes sense, but you'll have to be really careful with your requests this week!

Edit: Oops, misread your post a bit, you're talking about sending max 20 requests. But on the other hand, if you do so, you still must be sure that those maps get in today!

OzFamily
04-10-16, 04:55 AM
If you send, let's say, 40 map requests today, you'll receive 20 taday (this is the max), the other will come in tomorrow, even if you don't request tomorrow. Those 20 you'll receive tomorrow will count up to your total of received items on one day, therefor you won't be able to receive any more invites!
Hope this makes sense, but you'll have to be really careful with your requests this week!

Yes- I wrote "less than 20 map requests"

lenasdinner
04-10-16, 05:00 AM
Just a suggestion, to help indicate to other players that you are active (and therefore hopefully answering requests frequently), try visiting a lot of neighbour's to keep your Social rating up. Since this drops quickly when you aren't visiting neighbours regularly, it will be a good highlight of frequent players.

visiting a lot of neighburs daily takes a lot of time,very true your rating is up.BS and RS are my first games from storm8 that I started to play,So I tried there to be activ 4 star player,but belive me you need like a lot of time,to vistit,to tip and leave a post,and those games works like that,if you are not active you are deleted like immediately.but with Dragon story is different,I dont visit at all,only sometimes if someone vists me I visit back but thats like once or twice in month,and for me works like that.players can see if you are active if you respond to theire maps and asc for maps for yourself.I asc for maps every day,only wen the expation is on you can't,so it's not good to decline their requests. after all you can see if their level are going up,if its not that person left the building a long time ago and nevers comes back,so you can delete them and find new.
but at the end who ever wants can vistit neighburs daily,visit them,shure can not say its a bad thing everyone plays their way. but for me I'd like to recive maps from my neighburs and I expand every 2 or 3 days my land.
I've got a lot of neighburs request this last days,I don't promise that I will visit,but you can be sure that every request for maps or invates will be sent!!!

Bastiaan0
04-10-16, 05:26 AM
Yes- I wrote "less than 20 map requests"

I know it looks like I'm addressing you personally, but no offence. Obviously you know how it works, but there's a lot of newbies around who don't, so this info is mostly for them! ;)

And to clarify my edit a bit: if you (read: all of you :)) send your requests too short before reset time, items received after reset time will count for the total for the next day.

OzFamily
04-10-16, 05:33 AM
I know it looks like I'm addressing you personally, but no offence. Obviously you know how it works, but there's a lot of newbies around who don't, so this info is mostly for them! ;)

And to clarify my edit a bit: if you (read: all of you :)) send your requests too short before reset time, items received after reset time will count for the total for the next day.

:) I was just confused by your response, not offended

La_Dalle
04-10-16, 05:52 AM
HI!!
sorry but i don t understand, how to collect runestones! what is it the runestones???
thanks you!

lenasdinner
04-10-16, 05:55 AM
HI!!
sorry but i don t understand, how to collect runestones! what is it the runestones???
thanks you!

you will get them from your farms when you harvest.

La_Dalle
04-10-16, 06:01 AM
sorry, i don t speack well english, harvest what is it? is it to finish with gold the plant? i try to plant all in my large farm, an d it is still 0/16...

hiabarara
04-10-16, 06:38 AM
sorry, i don t speack well english, harvest what is it? is it to finish with gold the plant? i try to plant all in my large farm, an d it is still 0/16...

When you have the quest to collect Runestones you need to collect your food (just the way you always do it; you don't need to use gold). The Runestones will drop automatically with your food. You'll get more Runestones for food that takes longer. Usually you should get 1 Runestone for 1 hour. Try to plant food that takes at least 1 hour (it's better to plant the 5, 8 or 20 hour food because you'll get more Runestones).

lenasdinner
04-10-16, 06:43 AM

when the the act comes for you to collect runestones you will then collect from farms runestons.you can't get them before the act starts.you can recive runestones only from planting 1 hauer or more.you will not recive from if you plant impruberries 30 sec and buffbeets 3 min.from upgrapes you can recive only 1 runestones.from other plants you will recive more.I myself always plant diamondates and you can get 12-13 runestones per farm.
I hope you will understand this

La_Dalle
04-10-16, 06:48 AM
thancks you so much for yours answers!i understand now! i go to try plant fireapple and more longer plants! thanks you!

Kennedward
04-10-16, 06:52 AM
Just finished Chapter 3, on schedule since it's the weekend, but when Chapter 4 starts it'll be a work day......

Jennerwein1
04-10-16, 07:01 AM
I did some investigation on questing and crafting (for high levels only ;)):
I'm very pleased to see that questing will give only one item per quest, so no need to bite nails on what to get :)

I assume only 1 item per quest, but that could also be 2, based on prior tales.
We'll need to craft:
1 Birthday Candles (used for Four Layered Cake): 1 Basic Candle, 1 small Ruby and 1 small Sapphire needed.
3 Birthday Presents: 3 Basic Candles and 3 Party Supplies needed.
1 Four Layered Cake: 2 Birthday Candles and 2 Party Supplies needed.
So basically we need: 5 Basic Candles, 5 Party Supplies, 2 small Rubies and 2 small Sapphires.

We'll have to quest:
3 Finding Friends
2 Party Planners

So we can (have to!) do in advance:
Trading rare dragons with red and/or blue if you don't have the gemstones yet
2 Finding Friends
3 Party Planners
Craft 1 bunch of Birthday Candles

If I read it right, we don't have to craft Dragon Story Steps, these are only optional. But we can use those to avoid storage clutter (I know that's a hot item to some of you ;)): craft Birthday Presents until Birthday Candles are gone, then craft Steps until Party Supplies are gone.

Hope that this helps anyone ;)
Thank you. Also bumping it to the back so it is easier to find.:o

1969venus
04-10-16, 07:26 AM
On my low level game I sent birthday invites to 3 EXISTING neighbors and they each had a notification under NEWS that I sent a request.

I was expecting for tale today.I'm happy!!! and have to say Supreme Dragon looks very powerful,hope he will bestrong one for battels.type is perfect and looks amazing with all those brilliant colors on black!! WONDERFUL!!!!!

Levels 111-200

Chapter 1 (3 Acts)

1. Plant Impruberries (6). (Skip: 12Gold)
2. Harvest Impruberries (6). (Skip: 18Gold)
3. Visit Neighbors (2). (Skip: 4Gold)
Prize: 500Exp 10,000Coin

Chapter 2 (3 Acts)

1. Harvest Buffbeets. (6). (Skip: 15Gold)
2. Collect 45 Runestones from Farming. (Skip: 20Gold)
3. Win 2 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 45Gold)
Prize: Playful Dragon

Chapter 3 (2 Acts)

1. Raise Playful Dragon to level 4. (Skip: 14Gold)
2. Complete 1 Finding Friends. (Skip: 19Gold)
Prize: 10 Mystic Map

Chapter 4 (4 Acts)

1. Get 3 Invites. (Skip: 15Gold)
2. Complete 1 Party Planners. (Skip: 14Gold)
3. Breed Water Dragon with another dragon. (Skip: 20Gold)
4. Collect 75 Runestones from Farming. (Skip: 30Gold)
Prize: 14,000 Firapples

Chapter 5 (3 Acts)

1. Raise Playful Dragon to level 7. (Skip: 17Gold)
3. Craft 1 Birthday Present. (Skip: 50Gold)
Prize: 1 Dragon Story Steps

Chapter 6 (5 Acts)

1. Hatch a Life Dragon. (Skip: 49Gold)
2. Have one Noble Crystal. (Skip: 10Gold)
3. Complete 1 Party Planners. (Skip: 14Gold)
4. Raise Playful Dragon to level 11. (Skip: 30Gold)
5. Craft 1 Birthday Candles. (Skip: 20Gold)
Prize: 18,000Firapples

Chapter 7 (4 Acts)

1. Get 8 Invites.(Skip: 40Gold)
2. Collect 75 Runestones from Farming. (Skip: 30Gold)
3. Plant Buffbeets. (6). (Skip: 12Gold)
4. Breed Forest Dragon with another dragon. (Skip: 20Gold)
Prize: Surprise Dragon

Chapter 8 (3 Acts)

1. Hatch a Genie Dragon. (Skip: 49Gold)
2. Raise Surprise Dragon to level 5. (Skip: 14Gold)
4. Get 4 StopwatchesStopwatch from Fighting.. (Skip: 99Gold)
Prize: 1 Jumpy Castle

Chapter 9 (4 Acts)

1. Raise Surprise Dragon to level 8. (Skip: 18Gold)
3. Craft 2 Birthday Presents. (Skip: 99Gold)
4. Raise Playful Dragon to level 14. (Skip: 172Gold)
Prize: 10Gold

Chapter 10 (6 Acts)

1. Harvest Firapples (6). (Skip: 36Gold)
2. Get 15 Invites. (Skip: 75Gold)
3. Raise Surprise Dragon to level 12. (Skip: 195Gold)
4. Collect 80 Runestones from Farming. (Skip: 35Gold)
5. Win 4 Battle Arena Matches. (Skip: 99Gold)
6. Have 1 Four Layered Cake
Prize: 1 Supreme Dragon

I was looking for this...
Thanks for posting...

Osh7772
04-10-16, 07:28 AM
Anyone knows when will be the last day that we have to start/begin the tales?

lenasdinner
04-10-16, 07:36 AM
Anyone knows when will be the last day that we have to start/begin the tales?

4/11 last day.but you can also start 3-4 days later and finish 4 chapters in one day it's doable if you have time.

lenasdinner
04-10-16, 08:06 AM
I think no one post this yet,so if anyone wonders about info for dragons in this tale, here is it....... you can see picks at FlatFoot first post......

Playful Dragon

Rarity: Rare
Type: Red
Habitat: Red Rocks
Available at: Level 11
Buying Price: 1,000 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 3 hours
Exp Gained: 5 Exp

Surprise Dragon

Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Pink Blue Yellow
Habitat: Pink Prairie, Blue Lagoon, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 11
Buying Price: 1,000 Gold
Incubation: 4 hours
Exp Gained: 195 Exp

Supreme Dragon

Rarity: Ultra Rare
Type: Gemstone Rainbow Black
Habitat: Gemstone Prairie, Rainbow Road, Black Sands
Available at: Level 41
Buying Price: 1,400 Gold
Incubation: 23 hours
Exp Gained: 1,740 Exp

Look at the Supreme Dragon type,really facinating!! I think I diden't raise any reword tale dragon at his epic but this one just has to be,and he is going to be right when he lands on my island.

monbohn
04-10-16, 09:20 AM
I haven't started the event yet but have been reading through the thread and see that we will need to request invites from neighbors. As I go along I am inviting people in this thread to be my neighbor if I see they have requested that. I take care of my sick mom so I am not on at specific/regular times but I'm on frequently throughout the day and will respond to any requests for invites (or maps, Lotus blossoms, etc) as soon as I see them. Feel free to add me....out of my 40 neighbors I only seem to have a few active ones and takes me forever to get maps, so I'm afraid it will also take forever to collect invites. ID: monbohn Island name: Isle of View (if anyone reads Piers Anthony's Xanth novels this will be familiar). Good luck to all!! I think this is my favorite Tales so far and I already bought the habitat. By the time we have the next one I will have moved from medium level to high level tasks so I better enjoy things being a little easier for me one last time. :)

OzFamily
04-10-16, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty happy I did my map experiment over the past two days. I have been able to figure out which neighbors are more likely to reply in the morning (for me) when I will be requesting invites. The 15 invite one may be a nail biter, but I definitely feel better about it now that I've done this experiment.

For those wondering, I sent out 16 map requests to one set of neighbors I knew were active yesterday morning, and tracked when each person responded. I did the same thing this morning with another 11 neighbors I knew were active. I know some people may play differently on different days (I sometimes get busy with work/doctor appts), so I will definitely ask for a few more invites than I need (still less than the 20 cap, though), just in case. That's why I say more likely. I'll keep you guys updated with actual results for invites, so those of you starting late, at least, can see how well it ends up working.

PinkBubbles75
04-10-16, 10:01 AM
If I added correctly, the total amount of food needed to level both the playful & surprise dragons to 10 is 150,350.

Elspelsie
04-10-16, 10:13 AM
Wow, i didn't know that the DS title screen dragon had not been released.... I always thougt is was a fire dragon... Lol :P It looks so cute as a baby!!!! Currently waiting to evolve it. Good luck on your quests fellow dragon isle caretakers! :)

Bastiaan0
04-10-16, 10:15 AM
If I added correctly, the total amount of food needed to level both the playful & surprise dragons to 10 is 150,350.

That's correct ;):)

MaribouMay
04-10-16, 10:49 AM

Yes! :-)

Dragon Food Requirements
Playful, rare, red, 3 hours:
. . . . . . 50 + 125 + 500 + 1500 + 3000 + 5000 + 12,500 + 22,500 + 30,000 + 75,175 for level 10
. . . . . . plus 30,000 + 30,000 + 35,000 + 40,000 for level 14 (total of 210,175 for levels 1-14)
Surprise, super rare, pink-blue-yellow, 4 hours:
. . . . . . 50 + 125 + 500 + 1500 + 3000 + 5000 + 12,500 + 22,500 + 30,000 + 75,175 for level 10
. . . . . . plus 30,000 + 30,000 for level 12 (total of 135,175 for levels 1-12)

Level 22-40 players need to level Playful to level 10* for a total food cost of 75,175 (*may only be level 8 or 9)
Level 41-110 players need to level Playful & Surprise to level 10 each for a total food cost of 75,175 + 75,175 = 150,350
Level 111-200 players need to level Playful to level 14 & Surprise to level 12 for a total food cost of 210,175 + 135,175 = 345,350

TeasTeas
04-10-16, 12:25 PM
Since i don't have a good champion for Arena yet, and rely on Dream to get me through the brunt of battles.. I'm afraid to arena match further until the next part of the tasks come for battle. Dream has done great so far but ..no jinx!
I really don't want to get stuck there.. i hope i don't end up regretting it because i love the prize dragon to death for once!
Air is low level yet and with food at just over 150,000 i cant afford to max up air. lol we shall see..

Is it worth it for air in this Arena match guys? What's your takes.. ?

Niire
04-10-16, 12:32 PM
Since i don't have a good champion for Arena yet, and rely on Dream to get me through the brunt of battles.. I'm afraid to arena match further until the next part of the tasks come for battle. Dream has done great so far but ..no jinx!
I really don't want to get stuck there.. i hope i don't end up regretting it because i love the prize dragon to death for once!
Air is low level yet and with food at just over 150,000 i cant afford to max up air. lol we shall see..

Is it worth it for air in this Arena match guys? What's your takes.. ?

The fights for regular arena, without a tourney running, is much easier. Sometimes you'll hit roadblocks, but overall it's not nearly as bad as a tourney. :) Hopefully that info helps you make a decision, as i don't use air in the arena much myself. :)

TeasTeas
04-10-16, 12:56 PM
The fights for regular arena, without a tourney running, is much easier. Sometimes you'll hit roadblocks, but overall it's not nearly as bad as a tourney. :) Hopefully that info helps you make a decision, as i don't use air in the arena much myself. :)

Thanks.
Dream usually does me pretty good on both for the most part considering and against some champions even surprisingly.
Not looking forward to any roadblocks.
I dunno why i was thinking tourney. . I guess I'm in overthinking panic plan everything mode and overshot. lols
Yup.. thats me.. i think i need some cocoa nib tea lol.

MaribouMay
04-10-16, 01:28 PM
Thanks.
Dream usually does me pretty good on both for the most part considering and against some champions even surprisingly.
Not looking forward to any roadblocks.
I dunno why i was thinking tourney. . I guess I'm in overthinking panic plan everything mode and overshot. lols
Yup.. thats me.. i think i need some cocoa nib tea lol.

You might want to look and see who the next opponent is. If it looks like a tough one, beat it now and get it out of the way before you have to win battles for Tales.

TeasTeas
04-10-16, 02:25 PM
I pushed through three more with ease. But i know it's coming.. lol Really actually need Downpour badly for future endeavors if he's any good. I love the design of him.
Thanks FlatFoot. I think I'll cry if i don't get him! Or at least be sulking pathetically. Dangit. ♡

sunnyhook
04-10-16, 03:03 PM
I am level 22 so this is my first dragon tales. I have a few questions that may have already been answered, so I apologize if they have, I tried to read as much as possible but may have missed some thing. I just finished the first part of "collect invites from neighbors" and I am waiting for chapter 4 to unlock in 9 hours.

.... I have to RAISE my playful dragon to level eight throughout the chapters. Do I have to wait to be prompted to raise it each time or can I raise it before being promoted and it will automatically completely the goal?

Same question regarding BREED a fire dragon with another dragon? I figure I cannot finish the breeding and put the egg in the nest BUT can I start the breeding? Can I pick my fire and other dragon and but them in the breeding den now? That way I can get through the goal quicker? I also have to do this with an air and forest dragon later on.

My last question is regarding the goal that says "collect 32 rune stones from harvesting" can I collect those prior and if I have 32 it will let me me forward? Because I know only fruits longer than fireapples give rune stones and 1 at a time. So my 2 big farms are gonna take a LONG time to get 32.

Thanks so much for all your help for us newbies :)

snowyhillz
04-10-16, 03:09 PM
I am level 22 so this is my first dragon tales. I have a few questions that may have already been answered, so I apologize if they have, I tried to read as much as possible but may have missed some thing. I just finished the first part of "collect invites from neighbors" and I am waiting for chapter 4 to unlock in 9 hours.

.... I have to RAISE my playful dragon to level eight throughout the chapters. Do I have to wait to be prompted to raise it each time or can I raise it before being promoted and it will automatically completely the goal?

Same question regarding BREED a fire dragon with another dragon? I figure I cannot finish the breeding and put the egg in the nest BUT can I start the breeding? Can I pick my fire and other dragon and but them in the breeding den now? That way I can get through the goal quicker? I also have to do this with an air and forest dragon later on.

My last question is regarding the goal that says "collect 32 rune stones from harvesting" can I collect those prior and if I have 32 it will let me me forward? Because I know only fruits longer than fireapples give rune stones and 1 at a time. So my 2 big farms are gonna take a LONG time to get 32.

Thanks so much for all your help for us newbies :)

Not sure on some of the info as this is my 2nd tales event but it's ok to evolve the dragon first, I had to close and open my game for it to finish that part. Regarding the runestones you get 2-3 for a 1 hour crop, and more for longer crops so I have planted a 20 hour crop (it is the world events that the drop rate is 1 per hour)

Niire
04-10-16, 03:19 PM
I am taking your questions and will answer them for you, if that's acceptable, sunnyhook. :)

**Answer: You can raise your dragon as high as you like when it says raise. If you see "feed your dragon", it must be done when you have that act. I try to raise my first and second dragons asap once I get them, so I don't need to worry about them. :)

**Answer...For Breed a dragon with another dragon...you must do this when you have that act active. And, if you have the second breeding roost, do not breed on that one, breed on your first den. Usually, I try to breed these dragons with the least possibilities in time. You don't want to tie your den up for 20 plus hours...I hope that makes sense. Example: For the fire, I'd probably just go forest, since the timers on those eggs are not as long as others.

**Answer...You'll only be able to collect runestones from your farms when that act is active. You actually won't see any runestones before or after that particular act. However, you can plan ahead, to get as many as possible on your first gather...say, planting a 20 hour food to guarantee your runestones the day before. And yes, you get more that one per hour usually, and the ones you gathered previously will not count for the next set of gathering.

never be afraid to ask questions! There's alot of us who love to help folks out whenever we can. :) Good luck! <3

Anaboe
04-10-16, 03:20 PM
This is the tales step-by-step for high levels:

Needed:
3 Birthday Present
1 basic candles each
1 party supplies each
2 Birthday Candles
1 basic candles each
1 smal red and blue gem each
1 Four Layered Cake
2 birthday candles
1 party supplies

Food required:
Playful 210.175
Surprise 135.175
Prize day 4 -14.000
Prize day 6 -18.000
Total: 313.350

Food required to get to the 2nd dragon:
Playful lvl 11 105.175
Prize day 4 -14.000
Prize day 6 -18.000

Total: 73.175

Preparation:
have 1 Genie on the nest (Cosmic-Air: Genie 8 h common, Music 10 h rare, Trickster 18 h rare)
have 1 Life (3 hours) on the nest (Dino-Fire) / (Forest-Fire)
plant 1 20-hour crop and put the farm somewhere to prevent premature harvest
stop sending neighbour-requests
free evolution temple

Day 1:
plant 6 impruberries (0:30 seconds)
harvest 6 impruberries
visit 2 neighbors

Preparation:
pay 5 gold to start day 2

Day 2: plant & harvest 6 buffbeets (3 minutes)
harvest the 20-hour crop
win 2 arena matches

Preparation:
hatch Playful (3 hours)
raise Playful to lvl 14
stop sending out regular quests after reaching lvl 4
send out Tales-quests
last quest: Finding Friends
plant 2 20-hour crop and put the farms somewhere to prevent premature harvest

Day 3: raise Playful to lvl 4
collect Finding Friends

Preparation:
sent out Tales-quests
make sure you have enough to craft 1 Birthday Present
last quest: Party Planners

Day 4:
ask and get 3 invites
complete 1 Party Planners
breed Water with X
harvest 2 20-hour crops

Preparation:
make sure you have enough to craft 1 Birthday Candles
craft 1 Birthday Present

Day 5:
raise Playful to lvl 7
complete Finding Friends
collect 1 Birthday Present

Preparation:
sent out Tales-quests
last quest: Party Planners
craft 1 Birthday Candles

Day 6:
hatch a Life
have 1 Noble Crystal
collect 1 Party Planners
raise Playful to lvl 11
collect 1 Birthday Candles

Preparation:
make sure you have enough to craft 1 Birthday Candles
sent out Tales-quests

Day 7:
ask and get 8 invites - sent out max 60!
harvest 2 20-hour crops
plant 6 buffbeets (3 minutes)
breed Forest with X

Preparation:
make sure you have enough to craft 2 Birthday Presents
hatch Surprise (4 hours)
craft and collect 1 Birthday Candles
raise Surprise to lvl 12

Day 8:
hatch a Genie
raise Surprise to lvl 5
get 4 Stopwatches from Fighting (win 4 arena matches)

Preparation:
make sure you have enough to craft 1 Four Layered Cake
craft 1 Birthday Presents

Day 9:
raise Surprise to lvl 8
complete Finding Friends
collect 1 Birthday Presents
craft and collect 1 Birthday Presents

Preparation:
plant 5 Firapples (1 hour)
craft 1 Four Layered Cake

Day 10:
harvest 5 Firapples (1 hour)
plant and harvest 1 Firapple (1 hour or 1 gold)
ask and get 15 invites
raise Surprise to lvl 12
harvest 2 20-hour crops
win 4 arena matches
have 1 Four Layered Cake

This will make sure I will be done with all the quests within a few hours if not minutes when the new day starts.

Too bad the tales are forced to start today, I would love to have some more time to breed for Diamond-hybrids, as I bought the temple, but Life is occupying one of my nests, and since I'm not very lucky at breeding commons when I have to, I'm gonna need to breed for Genie very soon. Also, I'm bussy at the moment. On the bright side, if there is a tournament on Friday or Tuesday, it will be nice for the arena-batteling days in the Tales :)

The usual questions are:
Any good ideas for the dragon to breed with Water? I already have Mercury, so breeding it with Diamond isn't an option: I want short faills.
Any good ideas for the dragon to breed with Forest? I already have Quetzal, so breeding it with Diamond isn't an option: I want short faills.

Last question: how long do the quests in the Quest Outpost take? Couldn't find that info anywhere, and I did read all 33 pages ;)

Niire
04-10-16, 03:32 PM
@Anaboe ...The quests are 3 for finding friends, and 4 for the second quest (I think, lol). I LOVE how you laid this all out to make it 200% easier.

Yeah, i ended up hitting diamond hybrid paydirt big time earlier, lol. I am going to have to do some careful coordination with those new babies. And, of course, since I got mercury, I HAD to level him to 10, with his super fast evolving timer, and he was very cheap to raise too! So, this will be fun, lol!

TeasTeas
04-10-16, 04:58 PM
Candle takes 2 hours. The rest i didn't catch. Will when this run finishes I'll check unless someone verifies beforehand. :)

Possibly different times for level ranges? Not sure on that.
Mid range here. Will update when finished with this second candle run.

19sparkles96
04-10-16, 05:58 PM
Just completed my Act chart on page 1, post #3 for MID LEVEL players (41-110).

OzFamily
04-10-16, 06:21 PM
The usual questions are:
Any good ideas for the dragon to breed with Water? I already have Mercury, so breeding it with Diamond isn't an option: I want short faills.
Any good ideas for the dragon to breed with Forest? I already have Quetzal, so breeding it with Diamond isn't an option: I want short faills.

Last question: how long do the quests in the Quest Outpost take? Couldn't find that info anywhere, and I did read all 33 pages ;)

For breeding: Do you have two Forest or Water dragons? Or maybe a Dawntree and Hammmerhead? Breeding the single color is good for short "fails." (in quotes, because you know what you're getting!)

Quests: Finding Friends (for candles) is 2 hours, Party Planners (for party supplies) is 3 hours.

Niire
04-10-16, 06:24 PM
Thanks OzFamily, I actually haven't started the tales yet and was not in the game when I put that up. I could always just blame my meds...:D

MaribouMay
04-10-16, 06:44 PM
Awesome layout and preparation Anaboe!

<snip>

From my tips post on page 1 (linked in my signature):

Special Quests
Finding Friends: send Playful questing for Basic Candles, 2 hours
Party Planners: send Playful questing for Party Supplies, 3 hours

Niire
04-10-16, 06:46 PM
Indeed it is...I actually have it bookmarked! That's how awesome it is! <3 Thank you, thank you! :D

TeasTeas
04-10-16, 06:48 PM
Just completed my Act chart on page 1, post #3 for MID LEVEL players (41-110).

Thank You! :D

MaribouMay
04-10-16, 06:53 PM
The usual questions are:

Water + Olympus:
3 results, 2 common at 6 & 7 hours, one rare at 10 hours

Water + Water (or Hammerhead) = Water (12 hours)

Forest + Olympus:
3 results, 2 common at 7 & 12 hours, one rare at 8 hours

Forest + Forest (or Dawntree) = Forest (20 seconds)

MaribouMay
04-10-16, 07:23 PM
Breeding Suggestions from my tips post (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90610-Dragon-Story-Big-Birthday-Bash!-April-8-2016&p=1276335&viewfull=1#post1276335).

Breeding Suggestions

Water + Olympus:

Forest + Olympus:

To Get Life:
Fire + Forest or any other combo of red + green = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Dino (12hrs)

If you use Dino + Forest = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Triceratops (12hrs). Note that Triceratops is super rare so a less likely outcome than the rare Dino.

If you use Dino + Fire = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Rex (12hrs). Note that Rex is super rare so a less likely outcome than the rare Dino.

To Get Genie:
Genie (or any other purple-yellow) + Cosmic = 3 outcomes: Genie (8hrs), Music (10hrs), Trickster (18hrs)
using Air + Magic gives 6 outcomes, add to the outcomes above Cosmic (8hrs), Royal (8hrs), and Peacock (18hrs)
using Air + Genie or Magic + Genie gives the same results as Air + Magic

mylilstina
04-10-16, 07:25 PM
Hi all.

So much information

Just posting that I am one who has not started yet. I am a little concerned about the final day of invites. ( mid level. 110 so last time )

Anyway, we last minute folks may need to stick together

Anaboe
04-10-16, 11:31 PM
Thnx Maribou, TeasTeas and OzFamily! I've updated my excel-sheet, and it's complete now, so it will be a smooth sailing for me :)

It's so much easier when you make a step-by-step plan! No surprises, no risk of forgetting something. Just relax and play a few times a day :)

pod5124cra
04-10-16, 11:34 PM
Sg

Anaboe
04-10-16, 11:44 PM
It sure is possible to harvest this much food. Since last Tales, I harvested almost 900,000 food, while I also raised 6 dragons to lvl 7., so it sure is possible. It just takes time: do the hourly food-planting for 300x7 farms, times 10 a day, and the 5-hour corps overzicht, and no problem. Yes, it takes a lot of time but it is possible.

moonchild1987
04-10-16, 11:51 PM
I know that we must start today but what time does it automatically start? The day switches in about 10 minutes does it start then or the next day switch...or some time in between? I'd like to wait as long as possible so I can harvest food and recover after the tourney?

ozigal
04-11-16, 12:33 AM
Well this is a real stab in the dark requesting invites for the tales ..like who is awake on my friends list.The time difference is a hindrance.,can't move on to next item to do until I get the invites. Would have been nicer if it was the last item in the act not the first to do..if you request earlier than required I would guess they wouldn't count..

retseho
04-11-16, 12:52 AM
Niire`s answered your questions.
Just want re-post a good tip.
Breed Fire + Fire for 10 sec breed/hatch time.
Breed Forest+Forest for 20 sec breed/hatch time.

pernmagic
04-11-16, 01:09 AM
Anaboe and everyone else thanks for laying it all out so clearly. I've done previous tales but really appreciate your work ....... I'll answer all invite for the tales ...... :)

ievuxia
04-11-16, 01:53 AM
I started these tales at level 40 so I'm doing low level ones, but now I'm on level 43. Will I be able to get the Supreme dragon somehow? I guess not though, I probably should've waited until level 41 and THEN started the tales, right? :( oh how I adore that dragon.. :(

MaribouMay
04-11-16, 02:23 AM
I started these tales at level 40 so I'm doing low level ones, but now I'm on level 43. Will I be able to get the Supreme dragon somehow? I guess not though, I probably should've waited until level 41 and THEN started the tales, right? :( oh how I adore that dragon.. :(
If you start the Tales in the low level, you finish it in the low level. Therefore you will not earn the Supreme dragon. If you had waited until level 41, you would be in the middle group and be able to earn Supreme. But, the tasks would be much harder and you'd need a lot more food.

Have no fear, there will always be more beautiful dragons.

ievuxia
04-11-16, 02:29 AM
If you start the Tales in the low level, you finish it in the low level. Therefore you will not earn the Supreme dragon. If you had waited until level 41, you would be in the middle group and be able to earn Supreme. But, the tasks would be much harder and you'd need a lot more food.

Have no fear, there will always be more beautiful dragons.

Ugh, that's what I thought.. :( thanks for the answer! I just really really wanted that dragon, don't even care about the others that I'll get (playful, surprise). If only I could start the tales all over again now that I'm on a higher level.. Oh well.. :(

duygudntst
04-11-16, 04:08 AM
Hello,
I am an old player,but I've had no experience about starting the tales late!I always started the first day with the earlier ones.
As I was travelling I've started current tales a couple mins ago and my timer shows 10 days!Pop-up shows start before 4/11.Am I late to start or am I still safe?
I read all the posts and some players telling that your timer should automatically start if you start late,but mine did not!
Should I pay and skip to next day's chapters or wait?
TIA

Niire
04-11-16, 04:10 AM
Hello,
I am an old player,but I've had no experience about starting the tales late!I always started the first day with the earlier ones.
As I was travelling I've started current tales a couple mins ago and my timer shows 10 days!Pop-up shows start before 4/11.Am I late to start or am I still safe?
I read all the posts and some players telling that your timer should automatically start if you start late,but mine did not!
TIA

I am waiting until it automatically starts as well, and it has not yet. It could be later today, or tomorrow (it's auto started on Tuesday before). So you should be all right still. :)

dan1638
04-11-16, 05:19 AM
For breeding: Do you have two Forest or Water dragons? Or maybe a Dawntree and Hammmerhead? Breeding the single color is good for short "fails." (in quotes, because you know what you're getting!)

Quests: Finding Friends (for candles) is 2 hours, Party Planners (for party supplies) is 3 hours.

Breed with Olympus type will fail in 7 hours max ( faster than water itself which takes 12 hours ).

dan1638
04-11-16, 05:23 AM
Does anyone know if unused birthday invite from Act three be carried to the next acts ? I checked the storage, I couldn't find any birthday invites :-( So I have no idea how many I've gotten so far, the News doesn't update fast enough.

lenasdinner
04-11-16, 05:35 AM
Does anyone know if unused birthday invite from Act three be carried to the next acts ? I checked the storage, I couldn't find any birthday invites :-( So I have no idea how many I've gotten so far, the News doesn't update fast enough.

I had the same thing in my mind,but I think we will know for shure on day 7 when we have 8 invites to get.so if it shows that you need les then 8 becouse you collected before some,than we can send even more on that day so we can collect for last day when we need 15 invites.storage dosent show,just like dosent show for maps.we'll se how it work is it possible or not.

OzFamily
04-11-16, 05:40 AM
Just finished the first (and easiest) invite goal! It appears everyone I asked (I sent out 4 requests, including Stormie and my other account) responded within the first hour! So far, the plan is working!

Here is my post from yesterday explaining my plan/experiment, for those who missed it:
I'm pretty happy I did my map experiment over the past two days. I have been able to figure out which neighbors are more likely to reply in the morning (for me) when I will be requesting invites. The 15 invite one may be a nail biter, but I definitely feel better about it now that I've done this experiment.

For those wondering, I sent out 16 map requests to one set of neighbors I knew were active yesterday morning, and tracked when each person responded. I did the same thing this morning with another 11 neighbors I knew were active. I know some people may play differently on different days (I sometimes get busy with work/doctor appts), so I will definitely ask for a few more invites than I need (still less than the 20 cap, though), just in case. That's why I say more likely. I'll keep you guys updated with actual results for invites, so those of you starting late, at least, can see how well it ends up working.

OzFamily
04-11-16, 05:43 AM

I had the same thing in my mind,but I think we will know for shure on day 7 when we have 8 invites to get.so if it shows that you need les then 8 becouse you collected before some,than we can send even more on that day so we can collect for last day when we need 15 invites.storage dosent show,just like dosent show for maps.we'll se how it work is it possible or not.

I'm pretty sure one of the mods or FlatFoot already responded that extra invites received are not saved for future acts in which invites are needed.

Edit: The second post on Page 1 of this thread confirms what I just said.

lenasdinner
04-11-16, 05:45 AM
Well this is a real stab in the dark requesting invites for the tales ..like who is awake on my friends list.The time difference is a hindrance.,can't move on to next item to do until I get the invites. Would have been nicer if it was the last item in the act not the first to do..if you request earlier than required I would guess they wouldn't count..

it's the same thing first or last act.the act after these are not that difficult to finish if you prepare at time.todays act took me to finish in about 2h and 40 min.and that time took me only for invites to get because all others I finished in 2 sec.all other acts waited just for me to collect.

Kennedward
04-11-16, 05:56 AM
Just finished chapter 4 after collecting some food, on track with 1 chapter a day

lenasdinner
04-11-16, 06:06 AM
I'm pretty sure one of the mods or FlatFoot already responded that extra invites received are not saved for future acts in which invites are needed.

Edit: The second post on Page 1 of this thread confirms what I just said.

yes I just saw that.well ok,maybe until ch7 will start all to play and be more active to respond for invites,after all everyone needs them.....

OzFamily
04-11-16, 06:23 AM
yes I just saw that.well ok,maybe until ch7 will start all to play and be more active to respond for invites,after all everyone needs them.....

Do the experiment I did to find out which of your neighbors are more likely to respond for your time zone needs- info is just a few posts up!

whitewineglass
04-11-16, 06:50 AM
Anyone know if 3 min food give runestones? Been using 1 hr rushrooms so far but don't wanna wait so long to harvest.

lenasdinner
04-11-16, 06:57 AM
Anyone know if 3 min food give runestones? Been using 1 hr rushrooms so far but don't wanna wait so long to harvest.

no it dosen't.only 10 min Upgrapes give you 1 runestone,if you want short time

Nogard68
04-11-16, 08:12 AM
There is a limit on the number of things you can receive a day but is there a limit on the number you can send. I have had and accepted a lot of neighbor requests so hopefully will get all the invites I need on the last day but wonder how many I can help.

lenasdinner
04-11-16, 08:14 AM
There is a limit on the number of things you can receive a day but is there a limit on the number you can send. I have had and accepted a lot of neighbor requests so hopefully will get all the invites I need on the last day but wonder how many I can help.

you can help to all of them,there is no limit to answer for request

MaribouMay
04-11-16, 08:26 AM
Hello,
TIA

You will have 10 full days for Tales just as if you had started on day 1. I wouldn't skip chapters to "catch up".

What do you mean by your timer not starting? When you start Tales, the icon on your screen will change from saying start to saying 10 days. If you click on the icon, the timer in the lower left corner will say event expires in x days y hours and the right side will show any current tasks or an option to skip to the next day's tasks. If that is what you see, everything is normal.

mylilstina
04-11-16, 08:37 AM

You will get runestones but not with every harvest. I like to use the 3 minute option most of the time when I am playing. The rate is 1 per hour. I find it a little random but do get them.

JCG812
04-11-16, 08:42 AM
Just a heads up.. have noticed when you force quit the game and re-open, you see requests for Tales invites previously not shown on the News Feed.

Personally checking every hour on the hour.

Good luck all!

stashlova
04-11-16, 08:45 AM
For the high level players Chapter 8 says Acts 1,2 & 4. Are we missing Act 3 or is it just a typo?

saghaven
04-11-16, 09:55 AM
Thanks to whoever said to do a hard refresh to see your invites. Because I wasn't seeing them at all and I knew at least some of my neighbors had to be awake and have checked. Once I did the hard refresh they all came through. Had already sent out for the quest so that was done, bred my Water with Olympus so only a 6 hour breeding time and had 8 hour Eliteleeks waiting to harvest and got 20 runestones from each farm. So got through the steps in a matter of minutes. :cool:

JCG812
04-11-16, 10:17 AM
Thanks to whoever said to do a hard refresh to see your invites. Because I wasn't seeing them at all and I knew at least some of my neighbors had to be awake and have checked. Once I did the hard refresh they all came through. Had already sent out for the quest so that was done, bred my Water with Olympus so only a 6 hour breeding time and had 8 hour Eliteleeks waiting to harvest and got 20 runestones from each farm. So got through the steps in a matter of minutes. :cool:

Grats!

Happy to have helped.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-11-16, 10:24 AM
Can someone point me to the list of things that can be crafted or gained through quests ahead of time?

kooky panda
04-11-16, 10:25 AM
Can someone point me to the list of things that can be crafted or gained through quests ahead of time?
Check post 2 :)

kooky panda
04-11-16, 10:34 AM
Guys, this thread is going to be pretty long , so please discuss invites to each other via private messages!

Thanks

Guys this is a second reminder to not post personal invites to each other on this thread.

You can also use the monthly add me thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90374-Dragon-Story-April-2016)

(invites posts have been removed).

lenasdinner
04-11-16, 11:41 AM
For the high level players Chapter 8 says Acts 1,2 & 4. Are we missing Act 3 or is it just a typo?

it's fixed ....only 3 acts.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-11-16, 12:03 PM
Check post 2 :)

I saw that but was looking for a post that had a summary of things that could be crafted or collected before you reached them within the Chapters. Kind of like leveling up dragons before your required to do so. I thought I saw a post about it earlier. I could probably figure it out on my own, but if someone already did it I was looking for the post.

monbohn
04-11-16, 12:44 PM
Guys this is a second reminder to not post personal invites to each other on this thread.

You can also use the monthly add me thread. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90374-Dragon-Story-April-2016)

(invites posts have been removed).

I apologize for my post. I thought it was ok since the invites were needed for this Tales event. I will repost in the proper thread. :)

saghaven
04-11-16, 12:57 PM
I saw that but was looking for a post that had a summary of things that could be crafted or collected before you reached them within the Chapters. Kind of like leveling up dragons before your required to do so. I thought I saw a post about it earlier. I could probably figure it out on my own, but if someone already did it I was looking for the post.
If you know the order of requirements (which you can see in posts on page 1), then you'll know when something is coming and you can craft/send out for a quest. You just can't COLLECT it until the step that requires it or else it won't count.

Look to see what the requirements are to craft items and send out the Playful dragon to get the items you'll need even when the quest isn't required. This way when it's time to craft you can just do it.

Hope that makes sense. Long story short, you can craft or quest ahead of time. But if you collect before the step that requires it, it won't count.

nicsdragonisle
04-11-16, 02:20 PM
Haven't started Tales on my kids games yet. I'm working around a huge deadline, so I'm only Ch 2 for my own games. They haven't auto started yet. Should I expect it to be Day 1 tomorrow?
Haven't ever allowed it to auto start so I'm not sure if what to expect. Just know I'd hate to click 'start' on Friday and find that's it's Day 5! With my luck, I could totally see that happening!

MaribouMay
04-11-16, 02:29 PM
Haven't started Tales on my kids games yet. I'm working around a huge deadline, so I'm only Ch 2 for my own games. They haven't auto started yet. Should I expect it to be Day 1 tomorrow?
Haven't ever allowed it to auto start so I'm not sure if what to expect. Just know I'd hate to click 'start' on Friday and find that's it's Day 5! With my luck, I could totally see that happening!

There is no difference. It will be day 1 and you'll have ten days to complete the event.

lenasdinner
04-11-16, 02:38 PM
I made a little pouse to send Playful dragon for quest,and sent Magic for an extra food,just collected and he brought 5000 food!!! I was like what??? the most I've recived buy now was 1800 food with Magic.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-11-16, 02:39 PM
Can somebody confirm how many of each item you get from each of the quests? Is it just 1 or is it varying?

roguebee
04-11-16, 02:46 PM
Did one of each quest and received 1 item each time. Not a very scientific sample...

lenasdinner
04-11-16, 02:51 PM
Can somebody confirm how many of each item you get from each of the quests? Is it just 1 or is it varying?

I went for quest I think 8 or 9 times and only once I've got 2 supplies from one quest

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-11-16, 02:53 PM
Thanks roguebee.

So to answer my own question from earlier. I came up with the following.

In order to craft all of the items for all of the chapter you need the following:

5 Basic Candles
5 Party Supplies
3 Small Rubies
3 Small Sapphires

Of the items you obtain through the required quests you still end up needing from extra quests:

2 Basic Candles
3 Party Supplies

The only item that can be crafted ahead of time is the Four Layered Cake.

Can somebody please double check this?

lenasdinner
04-11-16, 03:18 PM
Thanks roguebee.

So to answer my own question from earlier. I came up with the following.

In order to craft all of the items for all of the chapter you need the following:

5 Basic Candles
5 Party Supplies
3 Small Rubies
3 Small Sapphires

Of the items you obtain through the required quests you still end up needing from extra quests:

2 Basic Candles
3 Party Supplies

The only item that can be crafted ahead of time is the Four Layered Cake.

Can somebody please double check this?

there is a post #102 on page 11 about needed items

FlatFoot
04-11-16, 05:09 PM
How's it going everyone? Enjoying the Big Birthday Bash? I hope you're having a good time!

freshfunin2008
04-11-16, 05:41 PM
Its going swell Flatfoot thanks for asking

vshephard96
04-11-16, 06:21 PM
Any suggestions as to what breed water with a quick breeding?

DeeDe99
04-11-16, 06:35 PM

I use Olympus. And I breed Fire with Triceratops to get a Life. :)

Carbuck
04-11-16, 06:35 PM

I'm going to breed with Olympus because there are only 3 outcomes. The longest egg time is 12 hours.

Good luck!

DeeDe99
04-11-16, 06:37 PM
How's it going everyone? Enjoying the Big Birthday Bash? I hope you're having a good time!

Splendidly thanks Flatfoot. I did however make a stupid mistake - I crafted one too many Birthday Candles - not a disaster as I have spare gems - I ALWAYS have spare gems! LOL

I was thinking this morning actually this looks like a really good Tales - nothing onerous and I can manage it around my classes etc. Still loving the final dragon!

Carbuck
04-11-16, 06:38 PM
Regarding breeding a Genie, I was able to breed Air and Mischief and got a Genie on the first try. I was trying to get a Cosmos so that I could use it with Air. Lucky me! ;)

kat8rose
04-11-16, 06:42 PM
I think the birthday habitat should be a gift to us, the players!

Luv the dragons, ty to all for posting info for us, much appreciated.

vshephard96
04-11-16, 07:46 PM
I use Olympus. And I breed Fire with Triceratops to get a Life. :)

Thank you

Clark_Wayne
04-11-16, 07:47 PM
we need to ask invitations to our neighbors in 3 different chapters.
question : previous invitations received count or we have to ask new ones ?
i mean : getting 3 invit in chapter 4 is easy, but getting 15 in last chapter is not that easy : people don't play all at same time :D

mybunnytail
04-11-16, 07:57 PM
I am needing to know if I don't start today will this automatically start tomorrow?

HarleyQuinn28
04-11-16, 09:21 PM
I am needing to know if I don't start today will this automatically start tomorrow?

I'm wondering this too since the in game pop us says start by 4/11 to earn prizes. I just thought that was kind of odd wording and figured that'd mean it would've started automatically by now. I guess I'm wondering if they're still doing auto start. I don't recall it saying anywhere in game this time that it will. My luck I'd wake up tomorrow and it'd be gone since I didn't start by 4/11.

groovyedwin
04-11-16, 09:26 PM
i mean : getting 3 invit in chapter 4 is easy, but getting 15 in last chapter is not that easy : people don't play all at same time :D

Posted earlier in the thread that each time it has to be new invites obtained from the request as part of that particular act. Last day will be tough for a number of folks, considering any items received from previous request earlier that day will count against you limit of 20 or so that day.

MaribouMay
04-11-16, 09:36 PM

You have to get new ones for each prompt.

retseho
04-11-16, 11:27 PM
The store seems to put the active items in the top row of page 1 now.

In my store? page 1, top row:

HiddenGem, Stopwatch, PartySupplies, Basic Candle, Small Ruby...

This is a very good time saver, TQ s8 & please make this feature permanent.

AmaDrac
04-12-16, 02:34 AM
It seems mean to ask for 15 invites on the last day, when there is no time to catch up. it will seem like a miracle if 15 neighbors respond in time for the other tasks to be completed. Besides, it is very rude to send an invitation on the last day. That's an "unvintation".

TeasTeas
04-12-16, 03:41 AM
Posted earlier in the thread that each time it has to be new invites obtained from the request as part of that particular act. Last day will be tough for a number of folks, considering any items received from previous request earlier that day will count against you limit of 20 or so that day.

um... this looks like it might be a real nix.
I'm going to have to add more good nbrs i think...
So one invite total to one nbr only through the whole absolute? Is that correct? Once clicked once then next time it cant go to same person?
Sorry if i didn't catch all of what may have been explained through all posts, since my last..
That would certainly change the dynamics a bit. Yikesie. Yes and 15 last might get messy..
Yeah.. chaotic scrambled last minute birthday party. The dragon storyline fits!. Good one guys.. tricksters! :p

JetteG
04-12-16, 03:51 AM
I don't quite get it. Where di I ask my neighbours for invites?
I can't find it - please help...

Niire
04-12-16, 04:03 AM
On the page with that part of the quest on it, there should be an "ask" button when you get to that point.

JetteG
04-12-16, 04:45 AM
Thanks a lot.

OzFamily
04-12-16, 05:46 AM
It seems mean to ask for 15 invites on the last day, when there is no time to catch up. it will seem like a miracle if 15 neighbors respond in time for the other tasks to be completed. Besides, it is very rude to send an invitation on the last day. That's an "unvintation".

Actually, the only tasks that really take up time on the last day are the invites and the four battles. You can grow food for the runestones (each 8hr=20) as you wait for the invites to come in. The other tasks can be done ahead of time and be ready to go.

If you have figured out which neighbors are more likely to be available when you need those 15 invites, it may not seem impossible to complete within the eight hours for those crops to be ready to harvest. From my calculations with my neighbors, it's possible, but it will definitely be cutting it close.

Good luck!

lenasdinner
04-12-16, 05:53 AM

it's great, right on schedule.I like it that there's a little changes this time so it wouldent be boring,allways the same. we have an amazing prize.....can't wait!!

silverybunny
04-12-16, 06:06 AM
Yes this is why I asked

I'm wondering this too since the in game pop us says start by 4/11 to earn prizes. I just thought that was kind of odd wording and figured that'd mean it would've started automatically by now. I guess I'm wondering if they're still doing auto start. I don't recall it saying anywhere in game this time that it will. My luck I'd wake up tomorrow and it'd be gone since I didn't start by 4/11.

Kennedward
04-12-16, 06:19 AM
Just finished Chapter 5

amerirish
04-12-16, 06:32 AM
The store seems to put the active items in the top row of page 1 now.

In my store? page 1, top row:

HiddenGem, Stopwatch, PartySupplies, Basic Candle, Small Ruby...

This is a very good time saver, TQ s8 & please make this feature permanent.

Not in mine; my storage is still a jumbled mess :(

dragongrands
04-12-16, 06:50 AM
This is a very nice Dragon. It would be really nice to get supercool habitats with these as part of the quest ( just a suggestion - I will not spend gold, trying to save for treasure dragons and it looks like it will take about a year at 3/day max).

Now, I requested invites last night. I have very active friends and usually get at least 20 maps overnight on a request. I haven't received ANY invites. I think there is a glitch?!? Anyone else having this issue?

OzFamily
04-12-16, 07:05 AM
This is a very nice Dragon. It would be really nice to get supercool habitats with these as part of the quest ( just a suggestion - I will not spend gold, trying to save for treasure dragons and it looks like it will take about a year at 3/day max).

Now, I requested invites last night. I have very active friends and usually get at least 20 maps overnight on a request. I haven't received ANY invites. I think there is a glitch?!? Anyone else having this issue?

Did you request more than 20 maps the day before? The invites work like map requests, so if you clogged up the system with map requests, the invite requests won't come through until those map requests are taken care of.

Add: If you did (and you are on day 4 of high levels), it's not a major setback as the next two days of tasks can be completed in hours.

Add #2: If you did not, force close out of the game, then load again.

blackeneddove
04-12-16, 08:26 AM
Wow, i didn't know that the DS title screen dragon had not been released.... I always thougt is was a fire dragon... Lol :P It looks so cute as a baby!!!! Currently waiting to evolve it. Good luck on your quests fellow dragon isle caretakers! :)

I always thought it was a fire dragon, too. Was pretty surprised to find out that it was a different dragon altogether! Good luck to everyone on the tales! Very awesome dragons and prizes to collect 😉

roguebee
04-12-16, 08:28 AM
I was just reviewing my plans for the next few chapters and noticed that while Chapter 2 & 10 both require winning Battle Arena matches, Chapter 8 requires getting 4 stopwatches from fighting. Don't know what is in store for us over the next few days (it's still a couple of hours away from update time), but there may be a chance if there is a tournament that one of our Battle Arena wins will give us gold rather than a stopwatch. Which would mean winning a 5th fight that day.

MaribouMay
04-12-16, 08:52 AM
I was just reviewing my plans for the next few chapters and noticed that while Chapter 2 & 10 both require winning Battle Arena matches, Chapter 8 requires getting 4 stopwatches from fighting. Don't know what is in store for us over the next few days (it's still a couple of hours away from update time), but there may be a chance if there is a tournament that one of our Battle Arena wins will give us gold rather than a stopwatch. Which would mean winning a 5th fight that day.

I noticed that too and assumed it was related to a tournament. What I don't understand is why they care whether we earn stopwatches or gold.

mybunnytail
04-12-16, 10:15 AM
Did you request more than 20 maps the day before? The invites work like map requests, so if you clogged up the system with map requests, the invite requests won't come through until those map requests are taken care of.

Add: If you did (and you are on day 4 of high levels), it's not a major setback as the next two days of tasks can be completed in hours.

Add #2: If you did not, force close out of the game, then load again.

Quick question are you limitited to haw many requests go out per day?

OzFamily
04-12-16, 10:18 AM

Yes. If you request more than 20, it rolls over to the next day.

Niire
04-12-16, 10:43 AM
Yes. If you request more than 20, it rolls over to the next day.

I do know it rolls over to the next day...but will it keep rolling over? I have a bunch of friends right now, and requested maps yesterday, lol...but I JUST started the tales, this is more for curiosity's sake than anything...

nicsdragonisle
04-12-16, 10:46 AM
I do know it rolls over to the next day...but will it keep rolling over? I have a bunch of friends right now, and requested maps yesterday, lol...but I JUST started the tales, this is more for curiosity's sake than anything...

I'm pretty sure it does. I've had requests as long as 3 days old recently.

Niire
04-12-16, 10:50 AM
Okay, good news is I might be able to expand again, lmao! (Without asking again that is...probably not but eh! :p )

mybunnytail
04-12-16, 11:19 AM

Thank you, this explains a lot. I will send out to all my neighbors and only get like 20 back.I was thinking I have inactive neighbors or they just don't bother to send back. Then I noticed that when I would send a request from one of my games to another the other game doesn't get it.

lenasdinner
04-12-16, 12:26 PM
I noticed that too and assumed it was related to a tournament. What I don't understand is why they care whether we earn stopwatches or gold.

stopwatches don't have nothing to do with turnament,thay are only peaces to collect for crafting Supersonic dragon,thay just made differnet way to battle in arena...to win battles in arena like always.little bit differnet ,no to be boring or something.wining battles in arena give us only crafing peaces not gold,only when it's turnament in some rounds,right..? this is what I think.

groovyedwin
04-12-16, 12:32 PM

You are limited to one request per day. You are limited to asking just under 400 neighbors per request.

Do not request maps or lotus during the tales. Also request as many neighbors as you can. On day10 start the tales asap after the S8 day starts and push to get to asking for invited within one hour after the start of the S8 day.

OzFamily
04-12-16, 12:37 PM

stopwatches don't have nothing to do with turnament,thay are only peaces to collect for crafting Supersonic dragon,thay just made differnet way to battle in arena...to win battles in arena like always.little bit differnet ,no to be boring or something.wining battles in arena give us only crafing peaces not gold,only when it's turnament in some rounds,right..? this is what I think.

They are probably just cross-promoting the Supersonic dragon. You know, to get people doing the tales interested in attempting to craft that dragon, or to build awareness to it.

OzFamily
04-12-16, 12:47 PM
You are limited to one request per day. You are limited to asking just under 400 neighbors per request.

Do not request maps or lotus during the tales. Also request as many neighbors as you can. On day10 start the tales asap after the S8 day starts and push to get to asking for invited within one hour after the start of the S8 day.

DO NOT send requests to as many neighbors as you can! This how you clog up the system. This also does not help you get more invites when you need them. It actually hurts your chances! Figure out which neighbors are most likely to respond faster for your time zone. If you send to everyone and you have more than 20 neighbors, some of your more reliable neighbors could be pushed to the next day, and you'll be out of luck and time.

snowyglowy
04-12-16, 01:03 PM
Hi guys can we make a birthday cake ahead of time?

OzFamily
04-12-16, 01:14 PM
Hi guys can we make a birthday cake ahead of time?

Task says "have" which usually means yes. I usually play it safe and make it, but don't collect it until I reach the task.

TeasTeas
04-12-16, 01:15 PM
aaaaaand just as i figured it. My dragons are taking spa trips over Paladin for one measly stop watch. Their's currently a line. Spa is popular today. Right on time. lol figures. That's the way my life rolls!
I found a note tacked to my phone camera window a minute ago after walking away for a sec written shakedly that read: " Dear Paladin. We hate you. Sincerely: Dragons on protest in line for spa therapy. "

Update:
Got him.
Wave was getting a little shaky.
Spa treatments to chapter 6. :)

chuckyt888
04-12-16, 01:55 PM
I've never actually tried this but for Dragon Tale tasks where you have to breed a certain dragon with another dragon does anyone know if breeding on the Arctic Isles counts? I.e. For this Dragon Tales, we have to breed a Water dragon with another dragon.... has anyone ever got credit for these type tasks by breeding in the Arctic Isles?

snowyglowy
04-12-16, 02:23 PM
Task says "have" which usually means yes. I usually play it safe and make it, but don't collect it until I reach the task.

Ok perfect! Thanks for the reply :D

tuffyjkitten
04-12-16, 03:50 PM
I'm very happy that so far the Playful dragon has kept its happy baby face as I have evolved it. I dont like when the cute ones turn all adult and mean looking when they evolve. More cute adult dragons please!!

Snowtiger333
04-12-16, 04:19 PM
I do not want another life dragon on my island. I would prefer to sell it from the nest. Will it still count as hatched?

snowyhillz
04-12-16, 04:52 PM
I do not want another life dragon on my island. I would prefer to sell it from the nest. Will it still count as hatched?

Yes

FlatFoot
04-12-16, 05:14 PM

As @Snowtiger stated, yes it will still count.

lnztrekfan
04-12-16, 06:11 PM
Playful is so cute! I hate to evolve him! I NEED a baby Playful!! :)

Aly_10
04-12-16, 07:07 PM
It sure is possible to harvest this much food. Since last Tales, I harvested almost 900,000 food, while I also raised 6 dragons to lvl 7., so it sure is possible. It just takes time: do the hourly food-planting for 300x7 farms, times 10 a day, and the 5-hour corps overzicht, and no problem. Yes, it takes a lot of time but it is possible.
you and I think the same way. I've been doing this formula since I started my first tales

Snowtiger333
04-12-16, 07:22 PM
As @Snowtiger stated, yes it will still count.

Yes

That's great! Thank you for your replies :).

Aly_10
04-12-16, 07:31 PM
hi everybody, tomorrow I will be starting chapter 4 and i'm a little confused about how to get invites. Can someone explain this process for me. thanxs. i'll be in school and can do this chapter on my lunch hour. pls respond asap. thank you.

OzFamily
04-12-16, 07:44 PM
hi everybody, tomorrow I will be starting chapter 4 and i'm a little confused about how to get invites. Can someone explain this process for me. thanxs. i'll be in school and can do this chapter on my lunch hour. pls respond asap. thank you.

When you reach the task, you hit the button to ask. It will bring up your neighbor list. You only need three invites, but ask a few more neighbors to be safe. Ask Stormie and others who respond quickly. It's just like any other goal in any of the S8 games in which you need an item that is not a part. I think there's information on page 1 of this thread, too.

Simdiva
04-12-16, 09:51 PM
woow took him pretty long,but finally looks amazing!!

So nice to see a strong red and playful is adorable

Slimrider
04-12-16, 10:13 PM
Im on chapter 2 an it says to harvest runestones my question is how do u harvest them

snowyhillz
04-12-16, 10:22 PM
Im on chapter 2 an it says to harvest runestones my question is how do u harvest them

They will drop when you harvest food... At a rate of 2-3 per hour

beastmode12thfan
04-12-16, 11:38 PM
So what is going to happen to my tales? I was level 110 when I started. And just hit level 111. I mean obviously I will know once I have a new day. But curious if anybody knows now?

FlatFoot
04-13-16, 12:22 AM
So what is going to happen to my tales? I was level 110 when I started. And just hit level 111. I mean obviously I will know once I have a new day. But curious if anybody knows now?

If you started the event as 110 then you will remain in the mid-level bucket. It does not change if you level into a higher bucket during the event.

Carbuck
04-13-16, 12:33 AM
DO NOT send requests to as many neighbors as you can! This how you clog up the system. This also does not help you get more invites when you need them. It actually hurts your chances! Figure out which neighbors are most likely to respond faster for your time zone. If you send to everyone and you have more than 20 neighbors, some of your more reliable neighbors could be pushed to the next day, and you'll be out of luck and time.

I am agreeing with your on this as well. For the task that asks for 3 invites I sent out only 5 requests, only 2 more than needed. I was able to complete the task quickly this way. The extra 2 requests came back as maps since I had already satisfied the goal.

JetteG
04-13-16, 01:11 AM
How can I see, which neighbours are active and which are not?
Is there a way to see which neighbours sends you invites?
I am still not certain that I have neighbours enough for the 15 invites in chapter 10.

Aly_10
04-13-16, 04:41 AM
When you reach the task, you hit the button to ask. It will bring up your neighbor list. You only need three invites, but ask a few more neighbors to be safe. Ask Stormie and others who respond quickly. It's just like any other goal in any of the S8 games in which you need an item that is not a part. I think there's information on page 1 of this thread, too.
thank you oz family. I understand. my second question, can I save those extra invites for later acts? if all my neighbors accept my invites can I save these extra invites and use them later for chapters 7 and 10. can I treat them like map quests and accept them in the future .will they count?

OzFamily
04-13-16, 04:56 AM
thank you oz family. I understand. my second question, can I save those extra invites for later acts? if all my neighbors accept my invites can I save these extra invites and use them later for chapters 7 and 10. can I treat them like map quests and accept them in the future .will they count?

No.

OzFamily
04-13-16, 05:02 AM
I am still not certain that I have neighbours enough for the 15 invites in chapter 10.

Here's what I posted a few days ago:

For Day 4's invites, all I asked responded within an hour, thanks to my planning.

Note: I've gotten a few new neighbors since my experiment, and I plan to include them and track them as extras tomorrow (Day 7) in the eight invites task.

thisriveriswild
04-13-16, 05:20 AM
Sorry if this has already been asked, but if I craft the required items before I'm prompted to, will they count or will I have to do it again?

Cesar49
04-13-16, 05:23 AM
I'm a bit miffed! I sent out a request for invites this morning - need 8 - and sent my request to neighbours I know are playing at a similar time to me (I'm in Ireland). I've had 8 replies, but 4 of them gave me mystic maps rather than invites. I certainly haven't asked for maps, and the last time I requested maps was about 2 weeks ago so these responses must be to my request for invites. I realise that extra responses to the invite request come in as maps, but why am I getting maps before I get the invites needed? :mad:

snowyglowy
04-13-16, 05:42 AM
I m trying to breed life dragon with fire and forest got 8 hrs ugh what to do? ☹️
Anyone having a trouble with hatching a life dragon?

OzFamily
04-13-16, 05:58 AM
Sorry if this has already been asked, but if I craft the required items before I'm prompted to, will they count or will I have to do it again?

You can start crafting, but do not collect the craft until you reach the task to do so. For example, on days where you have a quest just before a craft task, you can do both at the same time to save time, just be careful to collect your quest first, then wait until after the new task pops up to collect from the spell shop.

amerirish
04-13-16, 05:59 AM
I m trying to breed life dragon with fire and forest got 8 hrs ugh what to do? ☹️

I would try Fire/Forest again if I were you. Life is the only common possibility out of 6 potential outcomes.

My first attempt was with Dino & Life but got 6 hours, so fail. Then I put Pterodactyl & Wild on the nest and boom, 3 hours. Any Dino & Green/Red has 7 possible outcomes but I like it because Rex is one of the possibilities.

Good luck!!

OzFamily
04-13-16, 06:01 AM
I'm a bit miffed! I sent out a request for invites this morning - need 8 - and sent my request to neighbours I know are playing at a similar time to me (I'm in Ireland). I've had 8 replies, but 4 of them gave me mystic maps rather than invites. I certainly haven't asked for maps, and the last time I requested maps was about 2 weeks ago so these responses must be to my request for invites. I realise that extra responses to the invite request come in as maps, but why am I getting maps before I get the invites needed? :mad:

Close and reload your game, then check the tales for your invite total instead of the newsfeed. I just checked my newsfeed from Monday, and sure enough, it says mystic maps instead of invites, but I certainly got invites from those people.

snowyglowy
04-13-16, 06:18 AM
I would try Fire/Forest again if I were you. Life is the only common possibility out of 6 potential outcomes.

My first attempt was with Dino & Life but got 6 hours, so fail. Then I put Pterodactyl & Wild on the nest and boom, 3 hours. Any Dino & Green/Red has 7 possible outcomes but I like it because Rex is one of the possibilities.

Good luck!!

Thanks got it :)

roguebee
04-13-16, 07:10 AM

Actually you have 2 problems, active neighbors and then those in the right time zones. I replied to your invite first thing this morning for me, but the invite was already 6 hours old.

Varinamom
04-13-16, 07:39 AM
My husband sent out requests for invites hours ago. He sent one to me(sitting side by side we're obviously in the same time zone). It took over an hour for it to show up on my device. I sent it and it still has not shown up in his feed. He's showing in his newsfeed that he has received invites from others but it still shows 0/3 in the tales. He has forced closed multiple times and shut his device off entirely...still nothing. If he can't get three that are showing in his feed how is he ever going to get 15 the last day and still have time to battle?

ciarjen
04-13-16, 07:45 AM

I got 12 hours. I thought life would be easy, lol.

JetteG
04-13-16, 08:02 AM
I had to get 3 invites today. I send out to all my neighbours (that was before I read that that wasn't a good idea).
I have made a list of my neighbours, and made a note of how long before they each responded. My idea was see how long
I maybe would have to wait before I had 15 invites (ch. 10). And to find old inactive neighbours.
Just an idea-don't know if it will work for me- I just hope.

jkELLEmnop
04-13-16, 08:12 AM
Ok, So I thought it was just poor planning on my part (but how do you plan for the unknown??...) till I came here and saw many others struggling with the same issue... Getting Invites!!! Ughhhh I feel like the most unwanted girl at the party, lol. It took me almost 8 hours today to get only THREE invites!!! I have NO idea how in the world I will get 15 come day 10!!! I do think 15 is a bit much for S8 to ask/expect from us (feeling a bit like its a use/buy some gold set up). All that said I do think that all the birthday activities are pretty fun :) If anyone has any ideas... A shred of hope, lol .... Anything that may help me figure out the whole invite situation before I hit day 10 that would be awesome! Thanks for letting me rant regardless, :) Anyone who wishes to send and fill requests daily feel free to add me. I'm In USA since it seems that matters?.

MaribouMay
04-13-16, 08:50 AM

Do you have Dino? If you use it with Fire or Forest, the 12 hour fail is super rare instead of rare so less likely. Also, if you have a Cosmic you can pare down the outcomes when you get to "hatch a Genie".

Breeding Suggestions

Water + Olympus:

Forest + Olympus:

To Get Life:
Fire + Forest or any other combo of red + green = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Dino (12hrs)

If you use Dino + Forest = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Triceratops (12hrs). Note that Triceratops is super rare so a less likely outcome than the rare Dino.

If you use Dino + Fire = 6 outcomes: Life (3hrs), Wild (6hrs), Landworm (6hrs), Explorer (8hrs), Tree Frog (8hrs), and Rex (12hrs). Note that Rex is super rare so a less likely outcome than the rare Dino.

To Get Genie:
Genie (or any other purple-yellow) + Cosmic = 3 outcomes: Genie (8hrs), Music (10hrs), Trickster (18hrs)
using Air + Magic gives 6 outcomes, add to the outcomes above Cosmic (8hrs), Royal (8hrs), and Peacock (18hrs)
using Air + Genie or Magic + Genie gives the same results as Air + Magic

AuroraLava
04-13-16, 09:06 AM
I hope this issue with the invites gets worked out soon. I am just on Chapter 2 but I can see how frustrated people are. Good luck everyone.

KelsFriend
04-13-16, 09:11 AM
I agree...getting the sheer number of invites will be a challenge. I reply to all requests each time I go into DS, but I've noticed some requests are waa.aa.way older than the time that has passed since I last played. Will keep working on it though....

PepperWoo
04-13-16, 10:37 AM
Can anybody confirm (or better, the mods *cough* Flatfoot *cough*) if the "Breed xxx dragon with..." part doesn't work if you do it on the breeding roost? I read someone posted a warning about it some pages back.

amerirish
04-13-16, 10:47 AM
My experience with the Breeding Roost has always been good/same as using the Breeding Den. I've gotten fails and successes pretty equally on both.

snowyglowy
04-13-16, 10:49 AM

Lol 2nd try diamond x life got 6 hrs
I don't hv Dino ugh

amerirish
04-13-16, 10:56 AM
Lol 2nd try diamond x life got 6 hrs
I don't hv Dino ugh

Landworm or Wild - hope you get one you don't have :)

PepperWoo
04-13-16, 11:05 AM
My experience with the Breeding Roost has always been good/same as using the Breeding Den. I've gotten fails and successes pretty equally on both.

No I meant if using the breeding roost will count toward the "Breed xxx dragon with..." part of the Tales. Somebody posted that the Act doesn't get fulfilled if that part is done through the roost so I'm wondering if it's true?

Nogard68
04-13-16, 11:08 AM
I have loads of neighbors now and have responded to all request but I am puzzled. I check the "News" regularly and respond and when I look half an hour later there are more requests from 2 hrs earlier. I also force closing to keep checking. So for anybody that has requested from me I do respond as soon as I get the request.

waimanalokat
04-13-16, 12:16 PM
It would be nice if event craftings were on the specials tab like quests are.

Bastiaan0
04-13-16, 12:25 PM
It would be nice if event craftings were on the specials tab like quests are.

Agreed! ;)

debrasbistro
04-13-16, 12:26 PM
I really like this tales except for the invites part because I'm worried about the 15 invites on the last day even though I have awesome neighbors. I feel like 15 out of 20 is really cutting it too close.

Other than that, fun.

debrasbistro
04-13-16, 01:27 PM
I guess I spoke too soon. Trying for Genie, I've got two 18 hour fails and that's also going to interfere with the Forest breeding. When trying for Life, I got Dino And Landworm, but these long fails are really getting annoying.

Shewolf1953
04-13-16, 01:31 PM
I never knew it would be so difficult to breed a life dragon...already wasted one day and will not waste gold I don't have to buy one...I usually breed life dragons easily until it is necessary...go figure!!

snowyglowy
04-13-16, 03:25 PM
Trying from morning to get life :mad:

DeeDe99
04-13-16, 05:19 PM
Those trying for Life, if you have a Triceratops or other Dino, that with Fire I find works well.

Niire
04-13-16, 07:38 PM
I really like this tales except for the invites part because I'm worried about the 15 invites on the last day even though I have awesome neighbors. I feel like 15 out of 20 is really cutting it too close.

Other than that, fun.

I totally agree with this, lol. Especially with everything following...if it was toward the last thing to do, it wouldn't be as much pins and needles, lol.

19sparkles96
04-14-16, 12:20 AM
Well, with careful planning, 10 minutes in and CH 7 is done. And I can confirm that using the activated Breeding ROOST counted toward completing my breeding a forest dragon with another dragon act.

Niire
04-14-16, 12:23 AM
Sorry for my mistake in reporting that! It was from others, so was reporting to be safe. :)

DeeDe99
04-14-16, 12:24 AM
Also finished chapter 7 in a few minutes, only heads up I have is I had to force close the app for the receipt of birthday invites to register. They were showing in my newsfeed, but not showing in the Tales progress. I force closed and reopened and all was good.

I just asked the neighbours who were asking me, as I figured they were on-line! Plus a couple of spares just in case.

DeeDe99
04-14-16, 12:25 AM
Sorry for my mistake in reporting that! It was from others, so was reporting to be safe. :)

Ditto - I was told and gave a heads up I'd been told, but hadn't tested it. I bred Forest with Forest, to be quick! :)

debrasbistro
04-14-16, 12:27 AM
Forgot how many are we supposed to ask and not go over? Also, I'm getting really confused with a lot of the names being similar

Niire
04-14-16, 12:32 AM
If you friended me, I'm Tipple Isle, which is unique, heeheee! Named after my Norwegian Forest Kitty (I call him Tipple, though his name is Tippy lol!).

debrasbistro
04-14-16, 12:34 AM
If you friended me, I'm Tipple Isle, which is unique, heeheee! Named after my Norwegian Forest Kitty (I call him Tipple, though his name is Tippy lol!).

I sent you one but do only 20 arrive today?
Thanks!

Eta: got them but had to close the game and restart for them to register.

DeeDe99
04-14-16, 12:52 AM
I sent you one but do only 20 arrive today?
Thanks!

Eta: got them but had to close the game and restart for them to register.

If more arrive you can't count them for chpter 10. I only asked a few people, not my whole list. Yes, the names ARE confusing! I have about 5 dragons Land on my list! Lol

Niire
04-14-16, 01:01 AM
If more arrive you can't count them for chpter 10. I only asked a few people, not my whole list. Yes, the names ARE confusing! I have about 5 dragons Land on my list! Lol

LOL, me too!

retseho
04-14-16, 01:39 AM
Those trying for Life, if you have a Triceratops or other Dino, that with Fire I find works well.

I had 4 fails from Dino+Life & Pterodactyl+Fire getting Landworm, Wild, Treefrog & Wild. I was worried with 6 hrs left to start of Ch6.
I went back to the Common+Common combo of Forest+Fire and got Life first try.
So luck was with me & popped the egg on reset time.

retseho
04-14-16, 01:54 AM
Also finished chapter 7 in a few minutes, only heads up I have is I had to force close the app for the receipt of birthday invites to register. They were showing in my newsfeed, but not showing in the Tales progress. I force closed and reopened and all was good.

I just asked the neighbours who were asking me, as I figured they were on-line! Plus a couple of spares just in case.

I was worried about getting the invites in time so I delayed the 20hr Scalypears x2 farm to finish 4hrs after start of Ch7.
TQ to all my neighbors who sent the invites within 80 min of request. Confirm need to exit & re-enter DS to force the invites to show. There is a lag in DT registering the invites vs the NEWs notification of your neighbors sending the invites.

Anaboe
04-14-16, 02:18 AM
Ok, this is bad, with capital B.

In my feed it says I got 5 birtdhday-invite-responses, and the tales only recognizes 1. I'm on day 3, so it can't be from previous invite-requests. I already force-closed and reopened the game.

How am I to proceed if the tales don't recognize the recieved invites???

This is aweful!

pernmagic
04-14-16, 02:24 AM
I decided to breed life way before being needed even though it blocks a nest used fire X forest got it first try ....
Also bred a genie very early in case I get that far and yes it blocks another nest but it leaves one nest free for use :)

DeeDe99
04-14-16, 03:25 AM
I had 4 fails from Dino+Life & Pterodactyl+Fire getting Landworm, Wild, Treefrog & Wild. I was worried with 6 hrs left to start of Ch6.
I went back to the Common+Common combo of Forest+Fire and got Life first try.
So luck was with me & popped the egg on reset time.

Glad you got it! I'm chasing Genie now, and the first is a 16 hour fail, so that's not good!

OzFamily
04-14-16, 04:32 AM
I decided to breed life way before being needed even though it blocks a nest used fire X forest got it first try ....
Also bred a genie very early in case I get that far and yes it blocks another nest but it leaves one nest free for use :)

I started breeding for Genie yesterday, and got it on the first try! I knew it would happen this way since I only have one nest, and now I have to wait to raise Surprise. If I had waited on breeding Genie, it would be my luck to end up with 18hr timers and an even longer wait for Surprise...

chuckyt888
04-14-16, 04:56 AM
I got a Dozer dragon in the Arena right now. Anyone know the types that are good against a dynamite type dragon?

I assume Champions are probably up there high on the list as usual, but I already lost one level 15 champ to it.

cazile81
04-14-16, 05:34 AM
Well, with careful planning, 10 minutes in and CH 7 is done. And I can confirm that using the activated Breeding ROOST counted toward completing my breeding a forest dragon with another dragon act.

Make that 2 confirmations using the activated Breeding Roost.

OzFamily
04-14-16, 05:36 AM
FYI- the newsfeed is saying a neighbor gifted a map when he actually gifted an invite. (I know for a fact since my other account accepted an invite request for my main account, and the main account's newsfeed showed the other account gifting a map. My invite totals in tales matches my response total- invite + map- in the newsfeed.)

snowyglowy
04-14-16, 05:42 AM
sepd whole day yesterday to get life and now finally got it with regular combo fire x forest

belarica
04-14-16, 06:13 AM
I brain farted. I started trying for crusader while I was waiting for my crops, I got it! However I forgot I have to breed forest for this chapter today. Doh, guess I'm speeding my crusader off the den

roguebee
04-14-16, 06:49 AM
FYI- the newsfeed is saying a neighbor gifted a map when he actually gifted an invite. (I know for a fact since my other account accepted an invite request for my main account, and the main account's newsfeed showed the other account gifting a map. My invite totals in tales matches my response total- invite + map- in the newsfeed.)

I'm seeing the same activities on my accounts. A mixture of maps and invites, but all are accounted for as birthday invites. I hadn't sent out a map request since I needed the first invites on Day 4 so I know that queue was clear.

retseho
04-14-16, 06:54 AM
I got a Dozer dragon in the Arena right now. Anyone know the types that are good against a dynamite type dragon?

I assume Champions are probably up there high on the list as usual, but I already lost one level 15 champ to it.

Diamond15 won against Dozer & Demolition
recently.

jaymieb2
04-14-16, 07:10 AM
Picked up my phone. It said Congratulations! You have 65,000 food!
Now I have no gold. Sigh... At least I got food this time. :-( Last time, it was coins. Before that, it was food. :-(

So sad. Had been doing really well! Finished Day 6 of the Tale, bred Mercury from Diamond Temple and my extra Roost (although I can't seem to get Valiant or Prism, for anything). :-(

I remember when there WAS a gold confirmation button on DS. That is why I liked it so much more than Castle Story! Ah... the good old days!:-(

Best of luck to everyone on the Tales event! And to those trying to breed Valiant!

weetniet10000
04-14-16, 07:31 AM
No life dragon for me. Two landworms, one wild and now a new one. But never a common life dragon. i give up.

OzFamily
04-14-16, 07:38 AM

Day 7's invite requests didn't go as smoothly as planned, but still worked. I asked 14 neighbors, including Stormie and my other account. Eight of those asked responded within two hours during the experiment. Today, only six neighbors responded within two hours, and two more responded in another hour, bringing me to the required eight.

ICYMI: Day 4's invite requests were completed within an hour. I asked four neighbors.

Grizzy91810
04-14-16, 07:39 AM
How are the Tales going for everyone? I was a dingy and forgot to put pumpwings on the farms before bed to harvest for task 1 first thing in the morning. At least I still have most of the day to finish everything. Not a huge set back. Only bummer is I can't harvest as much food as I want today. I'm up to 45,000! 30,000 to go before I will be able to evolve Surprise Dragon to level 10.

lenasdinner
04-14-16, 08:00 AM
I always force closing the game and open it every now and than,and I stil get 2 h older invite requests.this is not fair to my neighburs,and I'm really sorry for that.

Grizzy91810
04-14-16, 08:04 AM
This has been asked before but I can't recall the answer.... Can I start crafting birthday candles now and not collect the finished product until prompted to craft them to have it count? Or do I have to wait to even start crafting until prompted for it to count?

TwiWoods
04-14-16, 08:20 AM
I received my 8 invites today, but in news feed, it stated 5 invites and 3 maps. So, maybe any request accepted counts as an invite? I took note of how many maps I have now, so I will see if any further invites are converted to maps after today's goal has been met.

NOT a fan of neighbor requests being a part of timed goals - ESPECIALLY on the last day when there are other time sensitive goals that have to be met (farming and battles) - if we get a tournament tomorrow, that may make the battles harder to win on Sunday at higher rounds.

lenasdinner
04-14-16, 08:27 AM
I received my 8 invites today, but in news feed, it stated 5 invites and 3 maps. So, maybe any request accepted counts as an invite? I took note of how many maps I have now, so I will see if any further invites are converted to maps after today's goal has been met.

NOT a fan of neighbor requests being a part of timed goals - ESPECIALLY on the last day when there are other time sensitive goals that have to be met (farming and battles) - if we get a tournament tomorrow, that may make the battles harder to win on Sunday at higher rounds.

there is a tread for new turnament, Dragon Battle: Immovable Dragon April 15 2016,just dont know if it will be regullar or flash turnament.I don't like these eather.thers to much things going on at the same time,like we don't have a life,like we don't breathe at all.....