PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 4/05: Beastbane Display (new gem optional purchase item)

SpiritWind00
04-03-16, 07:47 PM
Beastbane Display - April 2016

market, limited time purchase April 2016, 400 gems, 75 gem rebate (rebate expired)

Posted 4/8

Hey everyone!

Wanted to chime in with a couple answers for you all.

*Yes, the Beastbane Display will continue its normal drops outside of Monster Hunt seasons :)
*No, the silver token trades will not remain active outside of Monster Hunt seasons. However, summoning animals through the Mythic Research Center will require Sword or Staff Tokens, and those will be available to you at all times.

Hope that helps, and that you all have fun with this season of the Monster Hunt :)

Dear all, here's the latest scoop from S8 on the Beastbane Display.....

There may or may not be new surprises in the Trade Wagon that require Tokens in the upcoming event. If you want an advantage on these, you should get the Beastbane Display so you get more Tokens.

I'll add this to post 1. Sounds like it will be useful after all..... :) But again, it's an optional purchase.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701098.png_2v_31020.png
Beastbane Display (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_BeastbaneDisplay)
Info: A display showcasing Beastbane's fearsome majesty! Always drops Troll, Staff, or Sword Tokens.
Type: Decoration
Source: Purchase
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 400 gems
Drops: Troll Token, Staff Token, Sword Token
Timer: 1320 minutes // 22 hours
Speed-up: 36 gems
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90511

dragon2046
04-05-16, 12:05 PM
Just got a new quest to purchase a beast bane display with a three day timer it leads u to the market to purchase but it is lock by a goal? I did force close but it's still locked ??

dragonflynz2
04-05-16, 12:05 PM
Did anyone else get this quest today? Something to do with the trader trolls and asks me to purchase the beastbane display from the market but it isn't there.

nukesters2
04-05-16, 12:06 PM
Did anyone else get this quest today? Something to do with the trader trolls and asks me to purchase the beastbane display from the market but it isn't there.

Yes it says it is locked by goal, but the goal is to buy it? lol!
it says the reward is 75 gems!! I can't imagine how much this thing is going to cost!! eeek!

anissada
04-05-16, 12:07 PM

i get a new goal, but the GET results in the market on a locked picture ot the Beastbane display with text GOAL.. what to do? this happens in both my games..

LonBB
Same here on my Ipad and the same on my husbands Iphone.

kdmusgrove
Just got a new quest to purchase a beast bane display with a three day timer it leads u to the market to purchase but it is lock by a goal? I did force close but it's still locked ??

Mine too. I did some research, gonna place the trader wagon and see if that does anything. Will let you know.

Elen4070
04-05-16, 12:08 PM
is this an update? It's Tuesday and I got some dialogue about the troll trade and a new quest

But when I tap Get, the thing is blacked out and not yet available.

Is this a test for Thursday and I was just lucky to see it? It's got a three day timer though...

twinkletoes12348
I got the same thing, and it's locked by goal.

Also, given that the reward is 75 gems, I bet it's going to cost a LOT.

Catcolton
I got it too and the BeastBane Display is locked out by goal but I can't find what to do to unlock. I have crafted the sword.

Elen4070
04-05-16, 12:09 PM
Same problem here! Maybe it's a glitch

clayboydaplayoy
04-05-16, 12:09 PM
Same.

Elen4070
04-05-16, 12:10 PM
Me too. Maybe a glitch. Made a post too lol

kdmusgrove
04-05-16, 12:10 PM
Ok so placed the trade wagon and it opened it up to buy the beastbane. It costs 400 gems and drops sword tokens and troll tokens. Soooo disappointed...
If I was going to drop $10+ on this game again, it would be for the cabbage hut. I just spent a bunch on the fortune teller and at least get new goals with good rewards, but I can't see spending so many real dollars on just a few virtual items. Why does everything have to cost so much.
Well at least I hope this means they are starting up another monster hunt.

anissada
04-05-16, 12:13 PM
Same problem here! Maybe it's a glitch

and it' TIMED !!

nukesters2
04-05-16, 12:13 PM
I got it too and the BeastBane Display is locked out by goal but I can't find what to do to unlock. I have crafted the sword.

what sword?

katbtodd
04-05-16, 12:15 PM
Force close and try again29945

Korlcek
04-05-16, 12:19 PM
Timer 22h

Lady_T92
04-05-16, 12:19 PM
I had just gotten the quest as well and I am completely stuck of how to get it. Tried to google it...and can I just say this is the first time google as disappointed me lol

nukesters2
04-05-16, 12:22 PM
Wow! timed for that many gems?! no way I can just decide to drop over $30 with the tax on enough gems to buy it RIGHT NOW! Lol!! they must be desperate for some fast cash!! Ha!
checked mine again and timer says 3 days. Still won't be getting one.

katbtodd
04-05-16, 12:28 PM
They want to sell you something that drop troll coins... Force close and go back in its 400 gems

katbtodd
04-05-16, 12:32 PM
Mine is not locked 2994729948

katbtodd
04-05-16, 12:33 PM
I had just gotten the quest as well and I am completely stuck of how to get it. Tried to google it...and can I just say this is the first time google as disappointed me lol

Try to force close it

1whitty
04-05-16, 12:33 PM
I jumped right in and bought the bait shop (useless) and the glimmer egg forge (worse than useless). My opinion anyway. I'm not buying another "pig in the poke". I would love to hear others' opinions.

RevdKathy
04-05-16, 12:35 PM
Blimey! Nor me. What on earth are they playing at with this one?

mymummy789
04-05-16, 12:37 PM
I hope they are not planning to stop the monster hunts so we are forced to spend gems to get the goal. Today is proving to be a big disappointment in my "fun" games :(

katbtodd
04-05-16, 12:37 PM

Place your troll wagon to see if that helps

Lady_T92
04-05-16, 12:39 PM
Try to force close it

Thank you! That worked! :D

...now the question is, what is the best way to get 400 diamonds....

istarbows
04-05-16, 12:39 PM
400 gems? Who has that much after a few weeks with the new gem-trap?

kdgulle
04-05-16, 12:40 PM
Yes 400 gems with 75 as a return for buying it. Have no clue what it's for. There is a 3 day timer on it. Wow 400 gems looks like inflation is setting in. back of it says will always drop a token.

Lady_T92
04-05-16, 12:44 PM

No idea....its going to be another quest I won't be able to complete...

anissada
04-05-16, 12:44 PM
@katbtod. force close did the trick, thanks..

but no way i am willing to pay 400 gems for that thing. not worht what it gives as i do not need tokens anymore ;)

i am beginning to understand the motivation of TL, lowering gem rewards on installing games, also reducing the amount of this kind of gem earning. throwing in items most players need and offer them as gem sale only. they must be afraid to go bankrupt or something ;) this is not about a game anymore but about money......

also wondering.. is this one for both ios and android ?

StoryPlayer67
04-05-16, 12:48 PM
I have never received part one part two's new update with Katz. I play every day but I did not get this goal. I did see it on some other boards but I did not know what it was all so I have a I OS so I should have it and I am still chopping rocks trees and flowers searching for the glimmerwood private investigators and believe me I have chopped a lot of rocks and trees and checked a lot of flowers during this Easter egg hunt and still have not got the third finding can you tell me why I never received the part one of this update? This update does this have something to do with it because it does say that it is blocked by a goal but I have to receive the first one in order to get to 2. My farieblub was at a level 5 and I went on many adventures but nothing ever happened to the bulb and I still only receive money from it. No drops if there is any. I looked at the link and it didn't have anything to do with the private investigators and part one so I'm not sure what's going on and I am unable to participate in this quest due to never reciveing the first half.......is this a goal that has to be done in A timely manner ? Can you see what is going on and let you know why I have not gotten this far that's I have spent plenty energy enough to find the third part of the private investigator and because all I did was chop rocks, trees, and flowers during the Easter hunt. thank you very much.

katbtodd
04-05-16, 12:52 PM
@katbtod. force close did the trick, thanks..

but no way i am willing to pay 400 gems for that thing. not worht what it gives as i do not need tokens anymore ;)

i am beginning to understand the motivation of TL, lowering gem rewards on installing games, also reducing the amount of this kind of gem earning. throwing in items most players need and offer them as gem sale only. they must be afraid to go bankrupt or something ;) this is not about a game anymore but about money......

also wondering.. is this one for both ios and android ?

It seems to be all about them money these days that's for sure.. This will not effect the game play, to me once you get to 99 of the troll tokens it won't drops . 22 hours for one troll token just not worth it

katbtodd
04-05-16, 12:56 PM
Think it's only some thing they want to sell, it has nothing to do with our story line in our game

KunkkuPomo
04-05-16, 12:58 PM
I bought it. No idea what gives. Have to wait 22 hours....

azriX2012
04-05-16, 12:58 PM
The Beastbane Display is 1x1 and has a 22hour timer.

doodledoo20000
04-05-16, 12:59 PM
I'm so happy, I learn from my mistakes! I don't know how I bought that awful glimmeregg forge (well, I do, it seemed just like the "place" of a community event so I didn't think about it), but I have learned. I did not accidentally buy the beastbane display... After wasting gems on that forge, I cannot imagine it would be worth 400 gems. The forge wasn't needed for the event and now only makes eggs I don't need anymore. I was able to make over 25 eggs during the event and could have without the forge. I am sick of making eggs, why would I want to make more? These are the things that make me stick to my commitment not to buy gems. I might if there weren't so many tricks, but I don't want to waste real money on tricks...

kdgulle
04-05-16, 01:04 PM
I bought it. No idea what gives. Have to wait 22 hours....
The back says it will give troll tokens either a staff, shield, or sword.

kdgulle
04-05-16, 01:05 PM
I'm assuming with the beastbane quest we will get a monster hunt update on Thursday

Korlcek
04-05-16, 01:06 PM
guys, this building will drop either 1 troll token, 2 staff tokens or 3 sword tokens every 22h. It does NOT drop shield tokens

Sheeba8188
04-05-16, 01:06 PM
The back says it will give troll tokens either a staff, shield, or sword.

So I take it that rules out golden token drops for cooking camp then?

Sheeba8188
04-05-16, 01:08 PM
I'm assuming with the beastbane quest we will get a monster hunt update on Thursday

Hope so get back to saving golden tokens now that eggs is finished

unixdude
04-05-16, 01:10 PM
Even though I am stuck with the goal "Princess Lorelei's Foundation" and I would like to get the "Cooking Camp", these 2 reason are not enough to justify spending 400 gems on. There seem to be no reasoning for having this object and the price, even with the 75 gem rebate doesn't seem worth it. Also the description does NOT state it will drop gold coins, which is what I need.

I still have tons of those useless "sword tokens (65)", "shield tokens (21)" and "staff tokens (19)" .... why would I want more of them :confused:?

ktorewqas
04-05-16, 01:21 PM
It drops troll tokens. I hope that means gold tokens but what's the drop rate? Rare or every time. 325 gems is a lot.

ktorewqas
04-05-16, 01:24 PM
I'm assuming with the beastbane quest we will get a monster hunt update on Thursday I need the hunt since I need to hunt boars for pelts or tusk :

LadyLolepere
04-05-16, 01:33 PM
What good is the glimmer egg forge that I purchased? You can't trade the eggs for anything 😫.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-05-16, 01:35 PM
325 gems!?! That's ALOT!
I have some questions before deciding on this expensive purchase:
1) Does this mean the token trades will *always* be available in the Troll Wagon? (Otherwise, why would I want to max out on tokens being dropped every day by this new Beastbane when I can only currently trade them during Monster Hunt Seasons?? ..yep, checked my Troll Wagon, and it is empty of any trade options, as suspected.)
2) Will there be more options to trade for the gold Troll Tokens and if so, what?? (I already have the Cooking Camp so why do I want more Troll Tokens?)

...and would a mod please marry the multiple threads about this same topic? :)

Galadraal
04-05-16, 01:35 PM
I have the cooking camp but even if I didn't the cost is way too much. I think they've lost their minds with greed.

Galadraal
04-05-16, 01:38 PM
My game says 400 gems

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-05-16, 01:38 PM
My game says 400 gems
Yeah, with a 3-day reward-rebate of 75 gems in your goal book, makes it 325. :)

ShibuyaCloth
04-05-16, 01:55 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb701098.png_2v_31020.png
Beastbane Display (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_BeastbaneDisplay)
Info: A display showcasing Beastbane's fearsome majesty! Always drops Troll, Staff, or Sword Tokens.
Type: Decoration
Source: Purchase
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 400 gems
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90511

cyndora
04-05-16, 02:00 PM
The last few buildings, decorations, have been extremely high in gem cost, and seems to alienate lower level or new players to the game....I am a level 50 player, and that's how I see these feature items.

I don't know if I really need a third kitchen. I do just fine with two. Three would just make my resources go zero faster.

Maybe this is way to end the monster hunt? Maybe it's coming to a close and this is a way to bump up supplies?

Either way, I did not buy the egg forge...and will not purchase this. Either lower your gem cost for new things so everyone can feel involved and not slapped in the face with these high prices, or just stop making them.

tromalyt
04-05-16, 02:04 PM
325 gems!?! That's ALOT!
1) Does this mean the token trades will *always* be available in the Troll Wagon? (Otherwise, why would I want to max out on tokens being dropped every day by this new Beastbane when I can only currently trade them during Monster Hunt Seasons?? ..yep, checked my Troll Wagon, and it is empty of any trade options, as suspected.)
2) Will there be more options to trade for the gold Troll Tokens and if so, what?? (I already have the Cooking Camp so why do I want more Troll Tokens?)

Exactly.

Why the heck am I going to spend gems on this item that drops staff, sword or troll tokens if I cannot do anything right now with them?

(I am actually a few troll tokens short for getting the cooking camp, but once I have it, then what? I prefer buying the troll tokens I have left to get the camp)

midsom
04-05-16, 02:04 PM
Someone at S8 has lost their marbles, after all the bad feeling about the useless egg forge and the glimmeregg ali, i mean seriously whoever thought of putting a desireable prize on a random event that so many people get to miss out on yet take away the wedding ali that we all got should be unemployed, and then think we are going to jump at the chance to be fleeced yet again, some of us aren't that supid, time for some change in staff S8, these ones have run out if ideas!

tromalyt
04-05-16, 02:10 PM

I do, But I do not need tokens, lol. So, I will pass.

kdgulle
04-05-16, 02:28 PM
So I take it that rules out golden token drops for cooking camp then?
Yes I assuming so, I'm not going to buy it. The lucky workshop drops the gold tokens I get them there every few times I make a trade. I'm not sure. Guess we have to wait and see.

cookie2crumble
04-05-16, 02:42 PM
Someone at S8 has lost their marbles, after all the bad feeling about the useless egg forge and the glimmeregg ali, i mean seriously whoever thought of putting a desireable prize on a random event that so many people get to miss out on yet take away the wedding ali that we all got should be unemployed, and then think we are going to jump at the chance to be fleeced yet again, some of us aren't that supid, time for some change in staff S8, these ones have run out if ideas!
Especially since I am losing gems on the energy top up gem trap on a daily basis

kdmusgrove
04-05-16, 02:46 PM
You have to have your trade wagon on the board for the new building to unlock. 400 gems. What a joke after everything we just went through with the glimmer egg forge. I won't be buying it. I would consider it at even half price but at 400 it's ridiculous.

meme1098
04-05-16, 02:54 PM
Especially since I am losing gems on the energy top up gem trap on a daily basis

This is S8's mindset at the moment: Implement a gem trap so players lose most of them. Then a few days later, toss out a gem building or gem item that appears to be needed. Thus, getting the gullible to pull out the plastic & buy more gems to get it,

naninak
04-05-16, 03:30 PM
I can't believe you've received gold tokens from the lucky workshop. I've done about 25 trades and have never gotten anything but coins. Keep telling myself to put it in storage with the leprechaun, stargazer ridge, petting zoo, etc..... Keep hanging on. To the person who thought that the faerie bulb drops something .....only coins. The eggs were pretty but a joke. Why would I want to keep producing them? I do like the rabbit and chick, because they are the same collection time as the chickens. I love that the chick us little, because everything gets so cluttered. We really can only use useful items and very few decorative things.

naninak
04-05-16, 03:32 PM
I was looking forward to the troll hunt and I got this!

DragonWished
04-05-16, 03:35 PM
Yes I assuming so, I'm not going to buy it. The lucky workshop drops the gold tokens I get them there every few times I make a trade. I'm not sure. Guess we have to wait and see.

It does? Haven't seen that yet. Good to know. My last trade netted me a single mermaid scale. :(

I was so sad not to have enough money to buy the egg forge until I figured out that with a little patience I could finish the goal without it.

Don't remember any more what the Tinker's Camp will add to my life and may never since I have 23 tokens and 21 gems.

kdgulle
04-05-16, 03:36 PM
I can't believe you've received gold tokens from the lucky workshop. I've done about 25 trades and have never gotten anything but coins. Keep telling myself to put it in storage with the leprechaun, stargazer ridge, petting zoo, etc..... Keep hanging on. To the person who thought that the faerie bulb drops something .....only coins. The eggs were pretty but a joke. Why would I want to keep producing them? I do like the rabbit and chick, because they are the same collection time as the chickens. I love that the chick us little, because everything gets so cluttered. We really can only use useful items and very few decorative things.
Yes I've gotten 2 so far but what I do, I save up my lucky magic then do 3 or 4 in a row. I seem to only get coins once or twice when I do that. Then energy or a gold coin, I've never gotten a decoration yet. Unless they add more stuff to the wagon not sure what the tokens will be good for.

roguebee
04-05-16, 03:37 PM
I've collected 1 gold troll token so far, so it does drop them.

PrincessCupOButter
04-05-16, 03:50 PM
After reading the dialog, I'm left wondering why the young ruler is so gullible. I'm with Thurston, you can't trust these things!
We could already have a constant supply of tokens and coins if the statues and Lorelei's fountain dropped all the time and the ability to trade stayed in the trade wagon between hunts.

I'm hoping this doesn't mean the monster hunts are over for good because I am 19 troll tokens short of the cooking camp. (I've only gotten one from the 'lucky' workshop) But if there will be no more hunts, then so be it. I will have 80 golden troll tokens and no cooking camp.

There is a very small chance I might regret not having this beastbane thing in the future, (if they ever add anything else to the trade wagon and also stop the hunts), but I'm going to take that chance and pass on this one.

Unless I can trade a barely used, like new, glimmer egg forge for it. :D

Elen4070
04-05-16, 03:52 PM
325 gems!?! That's ALOT!
1) Does this mean the token trades will *always* be available in the Troll Wagon? (Otherwise, why would I want to max out on tokens being dropped every day by this new Beastbane when I can only currently trade them during Monster Hunt Seasons?? ..yep, checked my Troll Wagon, and it is empty of any trade options, as suspected.) :)

Exactly. I would spend the gems on it if I were free to do trades in the troll wagon whenever I want. I don't have the camp so it would work for me. But if the troll wagon is still locked all the time, except in hunt season, then there's not a lot of point in capping out my coins and wait until hunt season...

MIssFryd
04-05-16, 04:02 PM
Can someone please tell us what use we would have for the Beastbane display when we already have the cooking camp? When I got my camp all trades in the trade wagon disappeared alongside with the rest of my tokens. I now have gotten more gold tokens from my Lucky wokshop and still no more trades in the wagon. I would appreciate if we could get enough info to make the right decisions. If we neither need the trade wagon nor the new Beastbane when we already have the cooking camp please tell us so. If this is something that may come in handy further out in the story line, please give us a hint. After I, as so many, wasted a lot of gems on a forge I never needed I will not do anything similar again before I know the tokens can give me an advantage further out in the game.

When it comes to the forge I have already too many eggs and they'll most likely all end up in my inventory now that the event and Easter is over. There's no room to keep all decorations on permanent display. Never neded the forge to get them and sure don't need it now. Appreciate the opprtunity for those not completed with eggs of all colors yet, of course, but back to my question:

Do we have any use for the Beastbane and tokens when we already have the cooking camp???

Since there are no more available trades in the trade wagon and all my tokens no longer show there it's natural to be doubtful and I'm sure I'm not the only one. :confused:

bisonbuy
04-05-16, 04:02 PM
There are numerous items that need our gems...and then there's losing them thru "gem traps". S8 has changed the "watch a video" for gems so that you're lucky if you get 1/day. It seems like forever since the " download & play " a game with gems as a reward has been offered. The cost of new items has gone up and it would seem our only option is to spend money if we want gems. There are many people who are willing to spend their money that way, but I don't think I need any of these new costly and mostly useless items and will not part with my "real life" $. Now if we could spend some of our useless game $ that would be real nice...

kdmusgrove
04-05-16, 04:06 PM

I think you have to have your trade wagon out to get the tokens to drop from the lucky trade.

kdmusgrove
04-05-16, 04:07 PM
After reading the dialog, I'm left wondering why the young ruler is so gullible. I'm with Thurston, you can't trust these things!
We could already have a constant supply of tokens and coins if the statues and Lorelei's fountain dropped all the time and the ability to trade stayed in the trade wagon between hunts.

I'm hoping this doesn't mean the monster hunts are over for good because I am 19 troll tokens short of the cooking camp. (I've only gotten one from the 'lucky' workshop) But if there will be no more hunts, then so be it. I will have 80 golden troll tokens and no cooking camp.

There is a very small chance I might regret not having this beastbane thing in the future, (if they ever add anything else to the trade wagon and also stop the hunts), but I'm going to take that chance and pass on this one.

Unless I can trade a barely used, like new, glimmer egg forge for it. :D

It would be silly of them to stop the hunts if this thing drops regular tokens as well.

PrincessCupOButter
04-05-16, 04:22 PM
It would be silly of them to stop the hunts if this thing drops regular tokens as well.

The fact that this thing drops regular tokens is the reason I am concerned that they may be planning to stop the hunts. It could mean that we will have to rely on drops from the beastbane display to get tokens now. I really hope that's not the case. Time will tell.

Also someone on the update thread asked these excellent questions "Will the beastbane display be useful to people who already have the cooking camp?" And "Will there be more trades requiring troll tokens in the future?"

Seriously700
04-05-16, 04:30 PM
Once again, S8 releases an expensive new gem-only item without explaining in advance how it will work.

It's bad enough that this happens over and over again with timed events and quests where people gem-speed and give up rare resources in the hopes that the final prize will be something worthwhile. And sometimes the prizes are great and sometimes they are total duds. It keeps us guessing and hoping.

So is this going to be the latest glimmeregg forge (another dud) or more like Ivy's bakery (not essential, but it does have some nice little drops). Or maybe it will be the newest cabbage hut which some people love and others have absolutely no use for.

I think it's a little unfair to introduce this new item without any indication of if, when or what new items will be introduced for those who have the cooking camp.

lms3112
04-05-16, 04:53 PM

Yeah I got it but it will cost 400 gems!!!! Seems a lot to me. It does say that will will always drop tokens. I can't afford the 400 gems so I will wait and see what happens

CharmOfLea
04-05-16, 05:02 PM
The dialog read to me as if there might be other items to be bought with the Troll Tokens in the future aside from the kitchen camp. Do you guys think the same?

325 is too much for me to act on blindly. Hopefully S8 updates us tomorrow.

pongkay
04-05-16, 05:18 PM
I jumped right in and bought the bait shop (useless) and the glimmer egg forge (worse than useless). My opinion anyway. I'm not buying another "pig in the poke". I would love to hear others' opinions.

I agree with you. I wonder why TL is offering expensive, useless & worse than useless craft shops. :confused:

naninak
04-05-16, 05:19 PM
I think you have to have your trade wagon out to get the tokens to drop from the lucky trade.
I always keep my trade wagon out because the monster hunt is my favorite event.

robotparade
04-05-16, 05:58 PM
I would like to own the Beastbane thingie because it would look great in my tournament area. But 400 gems? For a 1x1 item?

Look, I want the Cooking Camp, but not enough to buy a swimming pool for an S8 exec's summer home.

kdgulle
04-05-16, 06:08 PM
It does? Haven't seen that yet. Good to know. My last trade netted me a single mermaid scale. :(

Beastbane display is a blatant money grab. I was so sad not to have enough money to buy the egg forge until I figured out that with a little patience I could finish the goal without it.

Don't remember any more what the Tinker's Camp will add to my life and may never since I have 23 tokens and 21 gems.
Yes it does, I've gotten 2 or 3 I like the lucky workshop it's just a little added extra for clicking on a few things.

coolssp
04-05-16, 06:09 PM
I would like to own the Beastbane thingie because it would look great in my tournament area. But 400 gems? For a 1x1 item?

Look, I want the Cooking Camp, but not enough to buy a swimming pool for an S8 exec's summer home.

Well said!!! :) And thank god for these forums. Saw the quest but decided to check the forum and resist the temptation. As everyone has already expressed, this is sneaky way to get players to buy gems :)

CharmOfLea
04-05-16, 06:15 PM

Ehehehe, maybe he just needs a new zeppelin? If you go to Glassdoor you can see him. He comes across as a guy with an extravagant taste. :)

Anaboe
04-05-16, 06:23 PM
I can see why the Baron is such a popular character to S8: they're both greedy :P

HappyBunny09
04-05-16, 06:52 PM
I'm not buying it because it seems like a waste of money and not going to support s8 with not much information

LadyFencer
04-05-16, 07:06 PM
I agree with you. I wonder why TL is offering expensive, useless & worse than useless craft shops. :confused:

My guess is because too many of us have been accomplishing the quests/events without buying gems. They introduce the buildings with them appearing to be stupendous and/or required additions to our kingdoms, hoping--intending--that we will purchase gems.

Either that or the trolls have taken over S8.

Elen4070
04-05-16, 08:09 PM

My wagon is out and I've never gotten one token...

BriarAvenue
04-05-16, 08:50 PM
My guess is because too many of us have been accomplishing the quests/events without buying gems. They introduce the buildings with them appearing to be stupendous and/or required additions to our kingdoms, hoping--intending--that we will purchase gems.

Either that or the trolls have taken over S8.

Plus gem traps too.

kdmusgrove
04-05-16, 10:13 PM
My wagon is out and I've never gotten one token...

Well it's not a guarantee that you'll get one, they are a Rare drop, just guessing that you might have to have your wagon out for it to even be a possibility, but I am just speculating...

EBJW
04-05-16, 10:41 PM
What...?? 400 gems?!?
Again?!?

My reaction when the quest opened.

It's becoming a habbit to bring out helpful buildings and items, not for coins, but for many many gems. One after another. Stuff that will be useless after it has lost its purpose (unless enough people complain). Starting out with the tent with many many deco costing lots and lots.

When I started this game most of things could be bought with coins. And the few things needed that required gems was a goal in itself (for me for instance the wizard schools; I really had to save up gems for that, and it was exciting when I could finally buy one!). Although I'm a longtime player now I miss in all these new rapidly following gem-consuming items the excitement. Too much has been thrusted down our throats.

Luckily I already have the cooking camp, but if I hadn't I would certainly not have bought this beastbane display. Nor did I buy lots of previous things.
I don't like the strategy behind it. Guys, I know, money has to be made; but this way....?! With the few people that buy these things you chase many many more away; I wonder if it's (literally and figuratively) worth it...

jopik
04-05-16, 10:45 PM
Not buying neither, sorry but 400 gems are too much for useless tokens we can't even trade in the wagon!
Many people already have the cooking camp, I think it's too late to offer us such an expensive, small item.

newzealander
04-05-16, 11:27 PM
Well said!!! :) And thank god for these forums. Saw the quest but decided to check the forum and resist the temptation. As everyone has already expressed, this is sneaky way to get players to buy gems :)
I've often wondered about those that don't use the forum. Do they often just assume they need to buy these things to progress in the game? I'm sure that must happen.
An explanation that comes out on the splash screen with new items would be really helpful, S8. Mind you...it might affect the revenue!

dragoniakingdom
04-06-16, 01:56 AM
Having been burnt buying the rather useless bait shop I will be staying well away from this latest gem purchase.

I don't have the cooking camp,but will rather do without it than waste any more gems.

rulerofjennyville
04-06-16, 02:42 AM
Yes it says it is locked by goal, but the goal is to buy it? lol!
it says the reward is 75 gems!! I can't imagine how much this thing is going to cost!! eeek!

I got it and a new push to buy the glimmer egg forge, which would cost a total of 700 gems. WAY too much. They're getting too greedy for a game. And I already have the lorelei fountain which was supposed to get troll tokens - I've yet to get a single token off of it.

CLOVERKAITO
04-06-16, 02:55 AM

Agreed that the bait shop and glimmer egg forge were useless. I shouldn't have rushed in to buy those. I'm definitely not buying this this time and it's not like I have enough gems left to do so anyway cuz I fell into the gem traps a few times while collecting eggs...

You're really lucky. So far I have only gotten energy and coins with the lucky workshop :(

Sandybellee
04-06-16, 03:17 AM
There's just way too little information to make a decision like many have said.
Most importantly: Will there be other items to trade troll tokens for after the cooking camp and will the hunting seasons continue?

I don't have the cooking camp yet but I want the cabbage hut the most right now so definitely not willing to jump in blindly here.

anissada
04-06-16, 03:58 AM
There's just way too little information to make a decision like many have said.
Most importantly: Will there be other items to trade troll tokens for after the cooking camp and will the hunting seasons continue?

I don't have the cooking camp yet but I want the cabbage hut the most right now so definitely not willing to jump in blindly here.

i did buy the cabbage hut, but why? the only useful thing until now from the barons tent was the glimmer ali..
all the other things do not really give things you can't get from other buildings/plants etc.

same for the fortune teller, would not buy that again, find it's rewards disappointing.

Sandybellee
04-06-16, 04:34 AM
i did buy the cabbage hut, but why? the only useful thing until now from the barons tent was the glimmer ali..
all the other things do not really give things you can't get from other buildings/plants etc.

same for the fortune teller, would not buy that again, find it's rewards disappointing.

I like getting things from the tent - it's one of my favorite features in the game! The most useful so far are 2 glimmer alis and the gentleman troll. I really want the new serval kitty from the current selection and look forward to many more cute and useful items. Maybe I should just take the plunge and get the hut at full price. :p

brendaisme
04-06-16, 04:35 AM

Lol. I did the same and agree completely with their usefulness.

brendaisme
04-06-16, 04:38 AM

That new gem trap has gotten me twice already. And I'm constantly falling for the old ones. Not buying this to set next to my other useless purchases.

storiadelcastello
04-06-16, 06:54 AM
I too jumped the *** and bought the bait shop. Never again will I make blind purchase. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Love these forums. Save me from many a foolish move. Thanks to you all :)

camcohn
04-06-16, 07:17 AM
I would consider this if we had more info. Right now in my trade wagon I can not trade regular tokens, my only option is to trade gold tokens for the cooking camp. If I purchase this will I have the other trades back? It would make sense for me if I can collect the tokens but not convert them to anything useful.

Someone said the trade wagon disappeared after they got the cooking camp. Can anyone else verify this? Again, would be of no use if the tokens can't be converted to goods.

kdgulle
04-06-16, 07:57 AM
I've often wondered about those that don't use the forum. Do they often just assume they need to buy these things to progress in the game? I'm sure that must happen.
An explanation that comes out on the splash screen with new items would be really helpful, S8. Mind you...it might affect the revenue!

Yes they do assume they need them to get ahead especially the android players. I tell all my neighbors about the forum but some don't come. Then they'll make a purchase thinking it will get them ahead. I tell them when in doubt ask me first I'll let you know. Some find the forums difficult to navigate. I know a few already not happy with the purchase.

kimberly0822
04-06-16, 09:12 AM
Don't know who oversees this game, but they need to know that their gem only antics are driving away long time players. About 1/3 of my neighbors have given up and I check in only periodically now..sometime once a week on thursdays to see whats new. As a player whos been in the game for 3+ years and having seen other "story" games go by the wayside, I should think that they have learned lessons that could apply to the games that actually have a long term following. Take a page from more successful games that have people actually spending money because what they purchase have long term worth, not these items that hold value for a week or less. I love my kingdom, but may be looking to place it on the market soon and move along! Sad!!!

dangerb0y
04-06-16, 10:39 AM
I like getting things from the tent - it's one of my favorite features in the game! The most useful so far are 2 glimmer alis and the gentleman troll. I really want the new serval kitty from the current selection and look forward to many more cute and useful items. Maybe I should just take the plunge and get the hut at full price. :p

Because of the hut I got 3 G Ali, gentleman troll, and a silly looking horse. I got a 4th G Ali at a discount. I regret not getting the cabbage hut sooner. If I could get a second hut I would, especially if they keep offering good unique stuff.

anissada
04-06-16, 11:12 AM

only like getting things if it's for free ;).. looks like you spend gems when you see a "grand prize" that you want?
if that's true and happens often, it would be cheaper to buy the cabbage hut. as i am maxed out on almost everything most prizes add nothing to my game

Because of the hut I got 3 G Ali, gentleman troll, and a silly looking horse. I got a 4th G Ali at a discount. I regret not getting the cabbage hut sooner. If I could get a second hut I would, especially if they keep offering good unique stuff.

i only got the option for the glimmer ali once, one day before the event ended.. i believe other players got i earlier, and that's not really fair to those who got it so late as a grand price.

lucky to have the love shack so i can craft the white alicorns that give 40 energy once a week.
would be nice if TL decided to redo that goal for those who started playing later.

MoonVillage3
04-06-16, 12:16 PM
the trade wagon does not disappear when u receive the cooking camp.. but it doesn't have any choices inside.. it's completely empty.

MoonVillage3
04-06-16, 12:18 PM
What...?? 400 gems?!?
Again?!?

My reaction when the quest opened.

It's becoming a habbit to bring out helpful buildings and items, not for coins, but for many many gems. One after another. Stuff that will be useless after it has lost its purpose (unless enough people complain). Starting out with the tent with many many deco costing lots and lots.

When I started this game most of things could be bought with coins. And the few things needed that required gems was a goal in itself (for me for instance the wizard schools; I really had to save up gems for that, and it was exciting when I could finally buy one!). Although I'm a longtime player now I miss in all these new rapidly following gem-consuming items the excitement. Too much has been thrusted down our throats.

Luckily I already have the cooking camp, but if I hadn't I would certainly not have bought this beastbane display. Nor did I buy lots of previous things.
I don't like the strategy behind it. Guys, I know, money has to be made; but this way....?! With the few people that buy these things you chase many many more away; I wonder if it's (literally and figuratively) worth it...

I agree with Zelda.. this greed is pushing me away.

After falling into the gem trap a couple of times, I don't really collect to use energy to leave hearts for neighbors.. it's risky!
Today is the second time I've checked the game, I used to be an everyday-all day, player and did love investing in the game, but for things I choose.. not traps resulting payment for energy when I have many other ways to supply such.

It's the first time I have not rushed to buy a building that was offered, I have not rushed either to get the cute animals in the features. I did get the GlimmerEggForge but saw it was another useless waste and to make complaining players happy, we now can make easter eggs all year!?

No.. I won't be getting the BeastbaneDisplay for 400gems even if 75gems are refunded. This time I say the situation has exaggerated and not worthwhile.

I'm sorry CS.. from this side of the game, seems like the Trolls have taken over the headquarters there. Many things have changed and I personally feel sad about this greed, sly ways and overpricing resources to gain real $$. I do believe we must enjoy to spend.

as Zelda said.. "was not like that before"

Sheeba8188
04-06-16, 01:25 PM
Having read most if this thread I have yet to see any positives to buying the beastbane has anyone purchased it if so what are the drops? Standard sword, shield and staff tokens or golden troll tokens?

EDIT:
TAKEN FROM POST #1

Beastbane Display

So we have troll tokens dropping but when staff and sword token hit limit cap of 99 cannot trade using trade wagon until monster hunt starts so what is the use?

anissada
04-06-16, 01:43 PM
the trade wagon does not disappear when u receive the cooking camp.. but it doesn't have any choices inside.. it's completely empty.

the trades are only present during monster hunt seasons.
i have the cooking camp and all the trades were still present, except for the one for the cooking camp ;)

ShibuyaCloth
04-06-16, 01:52 PM
Having read most if this thread I have yet to see any positives to buying the beastbane has anyone purchased it if so what are the drops? Standard sword, shield and staff tokens or golden troll tokens?

EDIT:
TAKEN FROM POST #1

Beastbane Display

So we have troll tokens dropping but when staff and sword token hit limit cap of 99 cannot trade using trade wagon until monster hunt starts so what is the use?

I wounder why there is no Shield token dropping. Well, when you hit the max (120 in this case), you get 15 coins.

unixdude
04-06-16, 02:12 PM
WOW!!! Over 100 posts, many "not positive" and not one response from S8 or anyone to defend them. Even though I like the game, when my gems are gone, I think this game will either be deleted or only looked at infrequently. I have plenty of better ways I could be spending my time, but right now, the lack of a response is disturbing. I feel like S8 only wants my money and does not care about the gaming experience.

Can someone from S8 please reply to this thread? I'm going to start my stopwatch (just like you are doing to us now) .... if there is no response in a ridiculously short, undefined, period of time, then this game and all S8 games will be deleted from my tablet. S8 - now is your chance to speak up and calm down your kingdoms! Don't be the Baron!

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-06-16, 02:49 PM
I *want* the Beastbane if it's gonna be USEFUL to those of us who already have the Cooking Camp or who are maxed or nearly maxed on other tokens & can't trade em when it's not a Monster Hunting Season.
....but giving me 3 days to get a 75-gem rebate on a 400-gem item without ANY clarity on some of the questions that I and others have posed here about it is akin to a car dealer giving me 3 days to get a $7500 rebate on a $40k car without telling me if it has a warranty, comes equipped, or if it will even start when I turn the key, LOL!

snowyhillz
04-06-16, 03:38 PM
Well I play CS off and on the the entertainment value.... Love the graphics and story lines, and am able to resist buying things for the sake of buying them

CharmOfLea
04-06-16, 04:52 PM
I *want* the Beastbane if it's gonna be USEFUL to those of us who already have the Cooking Camp or who are maxed or nearly maxed on other tokens & can't trade em when it's not a Monster Hunting Season.
....but giving me 3 days to get a 75-gem rebate on a 400-gem item without ANY clarity on some of the questions that I and others have posed here about it is akin to a car dealer giving me 3 days to get a $7500 rebate on a $40k car without telling me if it has a warranty, comes equipped, or if it will even start when I turn the key, LOL!

Ha! Work time is done, I come to check on a S8 response, pages after pages, nada. OK, so I guess I'll wait another day on info. No info, no gems.

See though, cooking was really important when adventures always returned gems. Now that they have changed that, what's the point for long time players? The fairy special boxes don't drop any more, at least I have not seen anybody on the forum confirm that they still could drop for the last year... And from all other stuff, we've got plenty. Again, I'm speaking out of a year++ gamer's point of view.

If S8 are smart, they would add new items for Troll Tokens. Are they? Which circles back to: no info, no gems, that's just me.

Elen4070
04-06-16, 05:57 PM
How has over one full workday gone by and they cannot give an answer on these questions, yet the three day timer keeps ticking?.?I do want to buy it, but only after being assured I can keep spending the tokens all the time, not just during hunt season

FlowerBurst
04-06-16, 06:39 PM
:confused: One of my neighbors received 3 shield tokens, but the info card does not list them as a drop.

robotparade
04-06-16, 07:44 PM
I have bought 'useless' items for gems, like the Bait Shop, because I liked the way they looked and wanted to add them to a certain area of my kingdom in which they would fit the aesthetic I have going. But this Beastbane thing is too expensive, even if S8 felt like giving us info to justify buying it.

SpiritWind00
04-06-16, 07:51 PM

There may or may not be new surprises in the Trade Wagon that require Tokens in the upcoming event. If you want an advantage on these, you should get the Beastbane Display so you get more Tokens.

I'll add this to post 1. Sounds like it will be useful after all..... :) But again, it's an optional purchase.

CharmOfLea
04-06-16, 07:56 PM

May or may not? That's a mean tease. You've spoken like a tricksta salesman, SW.

Me say, no buy. Keep your tease, S8.

Elen4070
04-06-16, 08:00 PM
Please, don't tease... Tell us if the trade wagon will have crafts available at times other than the hunt season

SpiritWind00
04-06-16, 08:01 PM
lol! :) Well, in my defense, the teaser bit is writing from S8 because as you know, they do like to keep us in suspense and guessing about future items and updates. It's all part of the fun! I've made my decision about this item because of this info, so I hope it helps others decide one way or the other. (that would be saleswoman if you please :))

riverly
04-06-16, 08:52 PM
I don't need too many more tokens so I think I'll pass. Thanks anyway.

olcastle
04-06-16, 09:27 PM
:confused: One of my neighbors received 3 shield tokens, but the info card does not list them as a drop.

So there may or may not be a mistake in the description of Beastbane and it may drops Shield tokens instead of Troll tokens...

29vanilla
04-06-16, 10:12 PM
Thinking of not getting this, but a little on the fence.

Did upgrading the arena with 25 gold nuggets actually result in getting more beasts to get more tokens? It's only 2 collections a day but a few strikes for each beast. This new piece of art is a 22 hour collection. Description is singular - token. So 1 token a day????????

Any input on upgrading the arena is greatly appreciated. Hoping not off topic as is pertains to "beasts" "tokens" = "cooking camp". I hope anyways.

sunnybrook2
04-06-16, 11:26 PM
Ok,,I got the beastbane. Also I have the trade wagon. My first drop was " silver staff tokens " BUT, they did not
Land in my trade wagon,,the tokens went into my inventory,,,I'm not sure if this is a hitch or what exactly is going on.
Any input is appreciated:) Sandpiper Cove

sunnybrook2
04-06-16, 11:32 PM
I received "silver staff tokens" they didn't go in the trade wagon and instead went into my inventory??
Should I be looking somewhere other than the trade wagon?

55lee55
04-07-16, 01:44 AM

I got a gold token yesterday from the Lucky Trade and I don't have my trade wagon out. I once got 30 energy and twice got 5 energy, but I haven't had much luck until the gold token dropped and I don't need it anyway because I have the camp kitchen. I think that there are supposed to be valuable drops, but as with many items such as burning embers, they are rare. But I don't believe the drops from the Lucky Trade depend on placing any other items in our kingdoms. I recently got two burning embers in less than a week from other sources of course, so no matter how rare any item is, some people get them sometime, but a few of us do get them, so don't give up.

Any time I see something like this from S8, I know this will be another useless item. I am not buying it. I finally learned how to play this game, and I am doing just fine without buying anything that is a sale disguised as part of the story. I used to jump in and buy everything, but not once have I been better off by buying any item that is presented like this. Plus, S8 has all but 24 of my gems thanks to the gem traps and will no doubt get those too. I used to gladly spend money to play this game but I am done losing my money to gem traps and sales disguised as goals. I don't object to spending money to play the game, but when it is taken from me by built in traps and trickery, then I get no value for my money and I won't be spending any more for non-animated decor that gives nothing of guaranteed value within my kingdom.

Thorgal
04-07-16, 02:59 AM
U should be a politician :)

EBJW
04-07-16, 03:25 AM
I recently got two burning embers in less than a week from other sources of course, so no matter how rare any item is, some people get them sometime, but a few of us do get them, so don't give up.

I know this is a bit OFF, but as I'm waiting for years now: where did you get the burning embers from?

Sheeba8188
04-07-16, 04:11 AM
I wounder why there is no Shield token dropping. Well, when you hit the max (120 in this case), you get 15 coins.

I too also wondered this why no shield tokens?

Sheeba8188
04-07-16, 04:22 AM

Well that clears that up? As confused as I am about the Beastbane I'm no so confused as to go and buy it for 400 gems it took long enough last season and to get the tokens together to craft the lorelis fountain from sapphires and by goly I'm going to use it when the time comes!

twinkletoes12348
04-07-16, 05:20 AM
I received "silver staff tokens" they didn't go in the trade wagon and instead went into my inventory??
Should I be looking somewhere other than the trade wagon?

The wagon only shows all the trades when the monster hunt is progress. It's currently not in progress, which is why you aren't seeing anything in your wagon. When the hunt starts up again--possibly today--they'll be there, don't worry.

riverly
04-07-16, 08:08 AM
After looking back to refresh my memory, we should have a level 5 jousting arena that should spawn monsters, thus giving tokens and we built Lorelei fountain that should drop tokens during hunts. I think I will use those resources for the next hunt. I don't see a need for the 400 gem purchase. We'll see!

55lee55
04-07-16, 08:11 AM
Sorry If I missed it, but except for SW's post, is there any reason to buy this if you already have the camp kitchen and plenty of extra tokens? Or is there really any reason to spend 400 gems on it at all except that S8 put it up there for us to waste money on something new because they aren't making money enough with the new gem traps?

riverly
04-07-16, 08:13 AM
As of right now I see it as a waste of 400 gems. My opinion.

MoonVillage3
04-07-16, 08:55 AM
Remember frnds and nbrs.. buying a special building offered (I'm referring to the BeastbaneDisplay or others of this type) is simply a personal choice.. greatly depending also if it can be afforded.
Your game will be more challenging if you don't have the 'special' building.. but not impossible to conclude whatever quests.

With time all players will reach the goal. Some immediately.. those who have more time to spend on the game, quickly.. those with less time, later.. only those with no time.. will miss out.

We reach as even timed goals have to be in the possibility of obtaining them. It just depends on your personal lifestyle of how you can play.. on what you decide.

riverly
04-07-16, 09:00 AM
To those who took the plunge and bought the display- a big thanks for posting!!!

1whitty
04-07-16, 04:32 PM
Does the beast bane drop tokens when it's not monster hunting season? How long is the timer? Are you happy with it? Thanks

roguebee
04-07-16, 05:48 PM
With the two new trades in the Wagon, I see why the Beastbane Display was offered.

ashoxo
04-07-16, 07:25 PM
Still no answer to whether it will be worthwhile when the monster hunts are in an off-season. Need an answer to whether trades can be made at any time? What's the point if we max a token or all of them and can't do trades? Most likely will still end up being useless most of the time...this is s8 after all, they do not have our gameplay experience in the forefront only lining their own pockets - don't forget that when making future decisions to spend real money! I say, it's just another TRAP. Save your money folks for your real life bills. They didn't provide enough info while that goal/purchase timer keeps ticking away.... They won't learn until they see a drop in their "economy" numbers. The folks on page 8 & 9 of this post made me LOL, heading over to Glassdoor now to check out the s8 executives hahaha!

robotparade
04-07-16, 07:49 PM
With the two new trades in the Wagon, I see why the Beastbane Display was offered.

Yes, with the chance to get the building that will let you craft the new night-sky Alicorn and dragon, the Beastbane thingie now makes sense.

riverly
04-07-16, 08:52 PM
What is the timer on this?

29vanilla
04-07-16, 08:55 PM
22 hours and it says it drops all the tokens but nothing about dropping a gold token. Not sure how many tokens it drops and if it drops year round or only during monster hunt. Hmmmmm. What to do?

arikasi
04-07-16, 08:56 PM
I too want to know, WILL WE BE ABLE TO DO TRADES OUT OF SEASON?

If the answer is yes, I will buy this. But I am waiting for the answer from S8 directly.

29vanilla
04-07-16, 08:57 PM
Thinking of not getting this, but a little on the fence.

Did upgrading the arena with 25 gold nuggets actually result in getting more beasts to get more tokens? It's only 2 collections a day but a few strikes for each beast. This new piece of art is a 22 hour collection. Description is singular - token. So 1 token a day????????

Any input on upgrading the arena is greatly appreciated. Hoping not off topic as is pertains to "beasts" "tokens" = "cooking camp". I hope anyways.

I posted this yesterday I think. Any response on upgrading arena benefit?

kdgulle
04-07-16, 09:11 PM
I posted this yesterday I think. Any response on upgrading arena benefit?
You are guaranteed a beast every 12 hours, I usually get a skunk which helps with the daily trades. I wouldn't necessarily upgrade the arena unless you have 10 to 15 extra gold nuggets. If that's the case then yes upgrade it als will drop swords ans armor as well.

It really depends on your resources and where your at in the game.

29vanilla
04-07-16, 09:22 PM
You are guaranteed a beast every 12 hours, I usually get a skunk which helps with the daily trades. I wouldn't necessarily upgrade the arena unless you have 10 to 15 extra gold nuggets. If that's the case then yes upgrade it als will drop swords ans armor as well.

It really depends on your resources and where your at in the game.

Thanks. Still not sure but might upgrade. I have the nuggets; just hoarding them. Lol. Because you never know what S8 wants next. So thinking about this *bane thing now. But it's a lot of gems!

Elen4070
04-07-16, 10:44 PM
Got two staff tokens from my first drop....

Did anyone buy more than one of it?

CharmOfLea
04-08-16, 03:05 AM
Deleted.

Lyzau
04-08-16, 03:27 AM
Would really like to know if the token trades will be available out of season again, or else what do we do with excess Beastbane drops?

Elen4070
04-08-16, 05:09 AM
Would really like to know if the token trades will be available out of season again, or else what do we do with excess Beastbane drops?

I really want to know this too but no answers!

Seriously700
04-08-16, 06:14 AM
My speed up cost is 88 gems. First post says 36. Perhaps it changes during a monster hunt?

Sandybellee
04-08-16, 07:24 AM
I really want to know this too but no answers!

Yes, me too! Looks like we have to decide without knowing... It's much less useful if the wagon trades are only available during hunting seasons.

dangerb0y
04-08-16, 07:38 AM
I'm not convinced it's worth it still. Last monster hunt we could gift certain tokens to neighbors for free.

sourp4tch
04-08-16, 09:48 AM
Hey everyone!

*Yes, the Beastbane Display will continue its normal drops outside of Monster Hunt seasons :)
*No, the silver token trades will not remain active outside of Monster Hunt seasons. However, summoning animals through the Mythic Research Center will require Sword or Staff Tokens, and those will be available to you at all times.

Hope that helps, and that you all have fun with this season of the Monster Hunt :)

Destiel0918
04-08-16, 09:52 AM
I'm not convinced it's worth it still. Last monster hunt we could gift certain tokens to neighbors for free.

Unfortunately this gift option is not available at the moment- perhaps they won't put it back.

PrincessCupOButter
04-08-16, 10:28 AM
So basically, we can collect from it until we max out on sword, staff and shield tokens, but we can't make more gold tokens until the next hunting season. So the mythic building will only be useful during hunts as well, unless we purchase gold tokens with gems.

I did cave in and purchase the beastbane display, after getting the mythic research center. Oddly enough, I'm not regretting it as much as I still regret the egg only forge. I'm a little disappointed, but at least this way I can collect off season and be be ready to trade for gold tokens as soon as hunting season opens.

Thank you S8 for allowing those of us without the love shack to craft alicorns! And those without burning embers to craft dragons!

Destiel0918
04-08-16, 10:33 AM
My speed up cost is 88 gems. First post says 36. Perhaps it changes during a monster hunt?

Same! Mine also says 88.

Destiel0918
04-08-16, 10:35 AM
So basically, we can collect from it until we max out on sword, staff and shield tokens, but we can't make more gold tokens until the next hunting season. So the mythic building will only be useful during hunts as well, unless we purchase gold tokens with gems.

I did cave in and purchase the beastbane display, after getting the mythic research center. Oddly enough, I'm not regretting it as much as I still regret the egg only forge. I'm a little disappointed, but at least this way I can collect off season and be be ready to trade for gold tokens as soon as hunting season opens.

Thank you S8 for allowing those of us without the love shack to craft alicorns! And those without burning embers to craft dragons!

Beastline Display seems useful - if rumors are true it will still drop outside of hunting season staffs and swords and troll tokens - and if we max out- we can graft allicorns and dragons in this new building. Anyway it will greatly help us.

cold_ethyl
04-08-16, 11:00 AM

It does! Until I learned about the forums, I bought a lot of things.

PrincessCupOButter
04-08-16, 11:19 AM
Beastline Display seems useful - if rumors are true it will still drop outside of hunting season staffs and swords and troll tokens - and if we max out- we can graft allicorns and dragons in this new building. Anyway it will greatly help us.

The alicorns and dragons require 5 and 3 gold troll tokens each to craft, in addition to the sword and staff tokens plus rope and jewels. I personally have only 4 gold tokens left after trading for the locket, the mythic research building and starting an alicorn. So, I won't be able to craft those off season, unless I manage to collect a bunch of gold tokens during hunting season.

UNLESS, the display drops gold tokens year round?

I see that the info-graphic in post one says 'troll tokens', but I haven't seen anyone confirming a drop of gold troll tokens from the beastbane display. It does not list shield tokens, but I have seen confirmation that it drops those. (Mine still has a few hours before my first collection, so I have no personal experience yet.) It will be extremely useful if it does indeed drop gold troll tokens!

Destiel0918
04-08-16, 11:24 AM
The alicorns and dragons require 5 gold troll tokens each to craft, in addition to the sword and staff tokens plus rope and jewels. I personally have only 4 gold tokens left after trading for the locket, the mythic research building and starting an alicorn. So, I won't be able to craft those off season, unless I manage to collect a bunch of gold tokens during hunting season.

UNLESS, the display drops gold tokens year round?

I see that the info-graphic in post one says 'troll tokens', but I haven't seen anyone confirming a drop of gold troll tokens from the beastbane display. It does not list shield tokens, but I have seen confirmation that it drops those. (Mine still has a few hours before my first collection, so I have no personal experience yet.) It will be extremely useful if it does indeed drop gold troll tokens!

I saw this post:
Storm8 Staff
sourp4tch's Avatar Join Date
Apr 2015
Hey everyone!

*Yes, the Beastbane Display will continue its normal drops outside of Monster Hunt seasons

Hope that helps, and that you all have fun with this season of the Monster Hunt

It seems that it WILL DROP ALL THE TIME- EVEN OUTSIDE THE SEASON - it will give us supply for those craft i
tems.

PrincessCupOButter
04-08-16, 11:42 AM
I don't think I am explaining myself or my question very well.

I am aware that the beastbane display will drop tokens all the time and not only during the hunts. I saw sourp4atch's post stating that as well. Both sourp4tch and page one say 'troll tokens', but I'm not willing to assume that means gold tokens at this point.
I have also freely admitted that I think it will be useful, just that it may be of limited usefulness in my case. So I am not posting a complaint, but an observation and a question.

I am questioning whether or not the display will drop GOLD tokens. As I stated, I have seen reports of shield tokens dropping and those are NOT listed by sourp4tch or in post one. But I haven't seen any reports of anyone getting a gold troll token. It is possible that I could have missed the post if anyone did get one, although I did read the entire thread. (And the event thread too.)

Can anyone confirm recieving a gold troll token as a drop from the beastbane display?

paisdelasmaravillas
04-08-16, 11:48 AM
After all, and after view the new Mythic research center, I've crossed my fingers and I've bough the beastbane display.

29vanilla
04-08-16, 12:31 PM
14 minutes to purchase before gem rebate ends! Still no definitive answer about gold tokens. Unless "troll token" is the same as Gold token. If it does drop gold tokens and its an ultra rare drop like horns and wings I think I'll pass. My advice is if you like to get items quickly then make the plunge and buy it. It sounds like it helps a little.

For me, I have a slow patient game style. Except during timed events. Lol. So I'm passing on this. Hopefully, no regrets later.

In the future, I hope S8 can post things like this in more detail. It's a 400 gem purchase! Not 40 gems.

Destiel0918
04-08-16, 12:44 PM

I am aware that the beastbane display will drop tokens all the time and not only during the hunts. I saw sourp4atch's post stating that as well. Both sourp4tch and page one say 'troll tokens', but I'm not willing to assume that means gold tokens at this point.
I have also freely admitted that I think it will be useful, just that it may be of limited usefulness in my case. So I am not posting a complaint, but an observation and a question.

I am questioning whether or not the display will drop GOLD tokens. As I stated, I have seen reports of shield tokens dropping and those are NOT listed by sourp4tch or in post one. But I haven't seen any reports of anyone getting a gold troll token. It is possible that I could have missed the post if anyone did get one, although I did read the entire thread. (And the event thread too.)

Can anyone confirm recieving a gold troll token as a drop from the beastbane display?

Troll tokens ARE the gold ones- others are called "staff" "Shield" and Sword - so yes- gold token means this golden one we need. I have the display - and it will drop first time in few hours- I will confirm it if I get gold one.

Sandybellee
04-08-16, 12:50 PM
Well, I had the gems so I bought it. It should be worth it in the long run. I hope!

fabulus12
04-08-16, 01:35 PM
If we can't do trades with the coins we get from this, what use will it be when we hit the max, and have to wait for the next event to do trades?

Destiel0918
04-08-16, 01:49 PM
If we can't do trades with the coins we get from this, what use will it be when we hit the max, and have to wait for the next event to do trades?

IF it drops shield and staff tokens and Gold troll tokens ( it should- but not sure yet) and you have traded for mystery research center- then I assume that you could craft allicorns and dragons outside of the event- yes, you don't have option to do trade wagon trades - but those items are used to craft allicorns and dragons- so they should be worth it. If it also drops golden troll tokens outside of the event- you could collect needed gold tokens for next season.

zoeee87
04-08-16, 02:01 PM
I just broke down and bought it... Fingers crossed!

fabulus12
04-08-16, 02:10 PM
I would have liked more time to decide, but now it's too late. Can we get more time so our questions get answered?

kdgulle
04-08-16, 03:17 PM
It's still in the market for me. The 75 gem rebate is gone.

CharmOfLea
04-08-16, 03:21 PM

Page 7 of this thread, mid section, I read someone confirming gold tokens dropping.

fabulus12
04-08-16, 03:28 PM
I would like more time with the rebate. I bought the egg hut, which will give me lots of eggs. I needed to understand the benefits of this item before buying it.

Destiel0918
04-08-16, 03:36 PM
So happy! First drop golden troll token! So I can confirm - YES; it DOES drop gold tokens.

PrincessCupOButter
04-08-16, 03:48 PM
Page 7 of this thread, mid section, I read someone confirming gold tokens dropping.

So happy! First drop golden troll token! So I can confirm - YES; it DOES drop gold tokens.

Yay! That is great news! Thank you both for the confirmation! I still have an hour to go for the first beastbane drop. Fingers crossed.

I did get one from the lucky workshop today, just need one more for another alicorn. :)

@charmoflea I did see that post...but I thought it was about the lucky workshop trade because several of the comments before it were discussing getting tokens from that trade building. Oops! (Thanks again!)

SpiritWind00
04-08-16, 04:17 PM
Given the Beastbane Display and the Monster Hunt are so closely related, and that we now know what the drops are from the Display, I'm going to close this thread and transfer the info on page 1 over to the Season 5 Monster Hunt (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90580-Castle-Story-4-07-Update-Monster-Hunt-S5-Ruler-s-Locket-amp-Mythic-Research-Center) thread. In post 2 of the Monster Hunt thread will be all of the information about the Display including all known drops etc.

You can either leave me a visitor message / send a PM or post in monster hunt thread if you have any questions about the Display. I read *everything*! :)

thanks! :)