PDA

View Full Version : Announcement: Update to the Glimmeregg Forge

sourp4tch
04-04-16, 01:22 PM
Hey everyone!

We saw all your feedback regarding the Glimmeregg Forge, so we prepared an update for you all that we hope you'll enjoy! I'm happy to announce that the Glimmeregg Forge will now give you guys access to the Glimmeregg Hunt crafts permanently!

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29915&d=1459800805

The Glimmeregg Forge's presence in the market has been extended - you now have until Monday, April 11th to grab it! (The associated quest to purchase the Glimmeregg Forge has been extended to match this.)
Once the event ends, the Glimmeregg Forge will have all of the crafts associated with the Great Glimmeregg Hunt! In addition to trading Glimmereggs for other Glimmereggs, you can now craft Glimmerglue and all of the Jeweled Eggs in the Glimmeregg Forge - indefinitely!
All of the event's Glimmeregg drops will still expire with the event. However, if you pick up the Glimmeregg Forge, you will still receive Glimmereggs from the Glimmeregg Bunny, the Glimmeregg Chick, and the Glimmeregg Alicorn, so you can keep on making Jeweled Eggs!

Thank you all so much for the feedback you provide us about Castle Story and the events and content we run. You all are an awesome bunch - I hope you all enjoy this update! Your feedback regarding this and all our other events will continue to inform us for all our future updates.

Please feel free to post here with any questions regarding this update to the Glimmeregg Forge! (Please keep discussion regarding the Glimmeregg Hunt itself in the Glimmeregg Hunt's thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90198-Castle-The-Great-Glimmeregg-Hunt-March-24-2016). :) )

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-16, 01:35 PM
I purchased the G-forge before this announcement and it doesn't have the additional crafts in it (even after storing and putting back on the board). Will those additional crafts become active in my G-forge after the event officially ends at 4pm, Pacific or...?
My bunny also has never dropped any glimmereggs (& still doesn't), so will that also become active later?

Thanks for listening to our feedback. :)
I think most people were hoping for a third forge that crafts the same things as the Magic Forge, but I'm happy the G-Forge has at least *some* kinda use post-event, so thanks. :)

sourp4tch
04-04-16, 01:46 PM
I purchased the G-forge before this announcement and it doesn't have the additional crafts in it (even after storing and putting back on the board). Will those additional crafts become active in my G-forge after the event officially ends at 4pm, Pacific or...?
My bunny also has never dropped any glimmereggs (& still doesn't), so will that also become active later?

Thanks for listening to our feedback. :)
I think most people were hoping for a third forge that crafts the same things as the Magic Forge, but I'm happy the G-Forge has at least *some* kinda use post-event, so thanks. :)

Ah, sorry, yes all of this will activate once (or soon after) the event ends :) I'll update the original post to clarify.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-16, 01:49 PM
Ah, sorry, yes all of this will activate once (or soon after) the event ends :) I'll update the original post to clarify.
Ah, k, cool, thanks. :)

ShibuyaCloth
04-04-16, 01:51 PM
So the Glimmeregg Forge is like the Love Shake, it go updated the same way after the event.

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-16, 01:53 PM
So the Glimmeregg Forge is like the Love Shake, it go updated the same way after the event.
LOL!!!! ...nooooooo, if I can't craft a G-Ali in it, then no, it's not quite like the Love Shack, LOL! :wink:

ShibuyaCloth
04-04-16, 01:56 PM
LOL!!!! ...nooooooo, if I can't craft a G-Ali in it, then no, it's not quite like the Love Shack, LOL! :wink:

The Alicorn was a craft from the start, we got all animals and base material added.

PrincessCupOButter
04-04-16, 02:15 PM

If that's the case, can I pretty please trade mine for a Love Shack?!? ;) Because I have no desire to craft any more jeweled eggs. I would much prefer if it was turned into something useful, like a limited third forge ....even if it was just to hatch dragon and manti eggs.
No relief from a severe case of buyer's remorse here. :(

linmii
04-04-16, 03:51 PM
Will we be able to craft a glimmeregg alicorn in the glimmeregg forge?

linmii
04-04-16, 03:56 PM
....even if it was just to hatch dragon and manti eggs.

This would be a useful addition. :)

jopik
04-04-16, 03:58 PM
Thank you!!!! Im enjoying the idea to craft multiple eggs with no rush now!

ktorewqas
04-04-16, 04:01 PM
Will we be able to craft a glimmeregg alicorn in the glimmeregg forge?if so, the forge will be useful :rolleyes:

sourp4tch
04-04-16, 04:04 PM

Nope, the Glimmeregg Alicorn is only available from the Baron's Game Tent

linmii
04-04-16, 04:10 PM

Okay, thanks. Crafting eggs is not enough of an incentive for me to spend that many gems.

midsom
04-04-16, 04:21 PM

Wouldnt that be a great idea!

midsom
04-04-16, 04:24 PM

But only for some players ay sourpatch, some of us check our tents daily and still havent had the glimmeregg ali turn up and to be honest i am bitter about it :mad:

Why does your random prize miss some players and yet other players are sick of the glimmerali turning up? Give me a reason or you will not get any more cash from me :mad:

sourp4tch
04-04-16, 04:28 PM
Sorry about the frustration with the appearance of Baron's Game Tent items, it's a random chance - everything has the same chance to show up in the tent, but that doesn't prevent the same thing from showing up a lot, or not at all.

I can't make any guarantees, but we will look into ways to try and even things out a bit for Baron's Game Tent items.

midsom
04-04-16, 04:36 PM
Sorry about the frustration with the appearance of Baron's Game Tent items, it's a random chance - everything has the same chance to show up in the tent, but that doesn't prevent the same thing from showing up a lot, or not at all.

I can't make any guarantees, but we will look into ways to try and even things out a bit for Baron's Game Tent items.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH :mad: WE ARE ALL PLAYING THE SAME GAME, RANDOM DOSENT MEAN NEVER

To be frank your answer is not good enough, its a cop out, there is no confusion here!

midsom
04-04-16, 04:52 PM
Never mind i found my answer

Elen4070
04-04-16, 05:47 PM
If that's the case, can I pretty please trade mine for a Love Shack?!? ;) Because I have no desire to craft any more jeweled eggs. I would much prefer if it was turned into something useful, like a limited third forge ....even if it was just to hatch dragon and manti eggs.
No relief from a severe case of buyer's remorse here. :(

I would also prefer to have this G-forge have other "non glimmer crafts" from the regular forge, however I very much appreciate that S8 listened to requests and modified it from complete uselessness, to forever glimmer eggs.... Not quite useful, but a bit better in my opinion.

CLOVERKAITO
04-04-16, 06:31 PM
It's a "better than nothing" update lol. I already crafted two sets of eggs and now slowly crafting a third set, and then it'll probably go into storage afterwards. Would love to get a glimmerali though, I got enough cabbages ready... =P

butterball8509
04-04-16, 08:31 PM
It's a "better than nothing" update lol. I already crafted two sets of eggs and now slowly crafting a third set, and then it'll probably go into storage afterwards. Would love to get a glimmerali though, I got enough cabbages ready... =P

How do you collect cabbage? I haven't been able to figure that out!

Elen4070
04-04-16, 09:11 PM
How do you collect cabbage? I haven't been able to figure that out!

You don't use any cabbages and you collect from the cabbage hut, a building you can buy for 450 gems, that drops 1 cabbage a day. The total cabbages you have will increase, you can store unlimited cabbages

PrincessCupOButter
04-04-16, 09:58 PM
I am having a hard time finding a reason to be thankful for this. IMO it's not anywhere worth 250 gems (or worse, 300 without the rebate offered during the event) MAYBE, if the jeweled eggs could be traded for something of value, I might feel differently, but as it stands, it's still a useless building to me, and likely to others as well.
Last I heard, android players still have no hope of getting the Glimmeregg alicorn, (no barons tent) and all other sources for the forever eggs are things that must be purchased using gems. Glimmeregg chicks (40 gems each) and additional bunnies (100 gems each), IF players finished the goal in time to unlock them. So it will ultimately cost even more to make unlimited eggs, since the egg sources also have to be purchased.
What's done is done....I bought it hoping it would be a useful crafting building in the future. It's my own fault I didn't wait for reviews here in the forums before purchasing it. Lesson learned. I will definitely avoid gem buildings that are sold specifically for one event only from now on.
What I won't be doing is saying 'thanks for listening' because I'm pretty sure most players were not asking to be able to make jeweled eggs forever. I know I sure wasn't. I was asking for some of the crafts from the magic forge to become available in this expensive new "forge".

Lyzau
04-04-16, 10:58 PM
I'm so glad I didn't buy this! This update confirms I made the right choice. Already crafted 4 sets of eggs during the event, no need for more.

ragingray
04-05-16, 01:52 AM
Alot of negativity about the change to the glimmer forge, i thought it was a positive change for S8 to make this change. Although it's not a extra forge, it only makes jeweled eggs, at least they improved it, they could have just said, NO and be done with it.
i did not buy the forge myself, i was considering it, BUT...(you those who have read other post by me there is always a BUT) i have been saving the gems from trialling other games, and the latest only gave me 7 gems....gems are now too precious to spend on novelty buildings and decorations. So Thankyou to S8 for listening to us regarding changing the glimmer Forge, BUT 250 gems for these decorations, Plus there isn't any where to place them, prehaps if i had room to place the eggs i would have bought the Forge, but all these factors make NOT buying the forge the best decision.

Elen4070
04-05-16, 02:03 AM
Last I heard, android players still have no hope of getting the Glimmeregg alicorn, (no barons tent) and all other sources for the forever eggs are things that must be purchased using gems.

What I won't be doing is saying 'thanks for listening' because I'm pretty sure most players were not asking to be able to make jeweled eggs forever. I know I sure wasn't. I was asking for some of the crafts from the magic forge to become available in this expensive new "forge".

The g Ali also needs gems since the three cabbages are not enough to get him, and the cabbage hut costs gems too... It's true, but in the end, it's a business.
I think we all wanted it to be like the normal forge. But in the beginning it was nothing but deco during and after the event. Now, it's not as bad. They did listen, albeit partly. Maybe some users do want 500 jewel eggs. Not you or me but someone. They didn't make you happy, but they made an improvement in the eyes of someone. I personally believe that some effort is better than none. They did extend the egg drops and crafts to after the bunny goal was achieved, and now they offered endless eggs to anyone who wants to have them, with gems. Because it's a business. That's why the white alis cost gems, and the cabbage hut and cabbages cost gems, because they are "bonuses" sold... Some people pay for movies, some for books, some for games. Maybe one day S8 will make more crafts for this g forge...

Elen4070
04-05-16, 02:05 AM
Alot of negativity about the change to the glimmer forge, i thought it was a positive change for S8 to make this change. Although it's not a extra forge, it only makes jeweled eggs, at least they improved it, they could have just said, NO and be done with it.
i did not buy the forge myself, i was considering it, BUT...(you those who have read other post by me there is always a BUT) i have been saving the gems from trialling other games, and the latest only gave me 7 gems....gems are now too precious to spend on novelty buildings and decorations. So Thankyou to S8 for listening to us regarding changing the glimmer Forge, BUT 250 gems for these decorations, Plus there isn't any where to place them, prehaps if i had room to place the eggs i would have bought the Forge, but all these factors make NOT buying the forge the best decision.

Exactly, they did listen, just not wholly agreed... It's positive and negative thus being neutral, an improvement over total loss of 250 gems (for a 2x2 useless building deco)...

katbtodd
04-05-16, 03:04 AM
I read though most of the thread, didn't see this ..if it was I'm sorry , once you get all your jeweled eggs to 99 what then ??

riverly
04-05-16, 06:09 AM
This is totally ridiculous. IMO.

transberry
04-05-16, 06:27 AM
This is totally ridiculous. IMO.

At 1 point the love shack was worthless too, they added in ability to make the alicorn, but

Just because you have love shack does not guarantee you get free alicorn said, you don't

It took me over 2 years to get the wing to create my first than got 2nd a few months later

I have dragon eggs that still can't be hatched

If it wasn't for the stupid new energy pop up I had 200 gems so this forge would have been almost free, instead it cost $9.99

Not a huge waste of money, big splurge and other buildings less and do more

But didn't want to miss out like many did on love shack

Who knows what this building will do in years to come

PrincessCupOButter
04-05-16, 06:28 AM
The g Ali also needs gems since the three cabbages are not enough to get him, and the cabbage hut costs gems too... It's true, but in the end, it's a business.
I think we all wanted it to be like the normal forge. But in the beginning it was nothing but deco during and after the event. Now, it's not as bad. They did listen, albeit partly. Maybe some users do want 500 jewel eggs. Not you or me but someone. They didn't make you happy, but they made an improvement in the eyes of someone. I personally believe that some effort is better than none. They did extend the egg drops and crafts to after the bunny goal was achieved, and now they offered endless eggs to anyone who wants to have them, with gems. Because it's a business. That's why the white alis cost gems, and the cabbage hut and cabbages cost gems, because they are "bonuses" sold... Some people pay for movies, some for books, some for games. Maybe one day S8 will make more crafts for this g forge...

I'm aware that the g-Ali costs gems. I also have the cabbage hut. It is a perfect example of a gem purchase I do not regret in spite of the sneaky way it was released (but that's another thread).
The fact remains that one of the only 3 sources of eggs for crafting in this new forge is completely unavailable to any player not using iOS. I believe people deserve to know exactly how limited it is before spending actual cash to purchase it.

I also realize it's a business. I've bought gems more times than I care to admit. However, I'm less likely to buy more gems when I feel *****ed. Had they made it into an actual, even if limited, forge, I might have even bought a second one. There is more than one way for businesses to make money. Give your customers what they want or trick them. Tricks work for a while but good will lasts a lot longer.

The bottom line is: This is my personal feedback for S8 regarding this and future events...I personally will be much more cautious in the future about purchases like this one.

PrincessCupOButter
04-05-16, 06:43 AM
I read though most of the thread, didn't see this ..if it was I'm sorry , once you get all your jeweled eggs to 99 what then ??

There is no limit listed on the back of the jeweled egg information, so it appears you can make as many as you'd like.

If they make a trade for them in the Royal exchange (maybe a set of eggs for an expansion permit :D), I might change my opinion about this whole forge business. It doesn't hurt to dream, right? Lol

Elen4070
04-05-16, 06:46 AM

I'm speculating, but probably the option to craft in the forge will be grayed out and that's it...

riverly
04-05-16, 06:50 AM
I do hope they make it useful. What is the benefit of cranking out gazillions of eggs? One can hope. Like they are telling us they do listen to our feedback.

Elen4070
04-05-16, 06:55 AM
I'm aware that the g-Ali costs gems. I also have the cabbage hut. It is a perfect example of a gem purchase I do not regret in spite of the sneaky way it was released (but that's another thread).
The fact remains that one of the only 3 sources of eggs for crafting in this new forge is completely unavailable to any player not using iOS. I believe people deserve to know exactly how limited it is before spending actual cash to purchase it.

I also realize it's a business. I've bought gems more times than I care to admit. However, I'm less likely to buy more gems when I feel *****ed. Had they made it into an actual, even if limited, forge, I might have even bought a second one. There is more than one way for businesses to make money. Give your customers what they want or trick them. Tricks work for a while but good will lasts a lot longer.

The bottom line is: This is my personal feedback for S8 regarding this and future events...I personally will be much more cautious in the future about purchases like this one.

I am sorry you feel *****ed and I'm sure S8 will regret the loss of some business. Not to defend them, but the game was tricky from the start, with the Speed up gem trap. I decided to stay because it was small and less annoying than ads or money traps in many other games. This new update came with a new gem trap, the Buy energy popup. Who knows if they'll change it back. But S8 does listen to their user base, and has made positive and somewhat positive changes in the past, and some like this, neutral or not so positive... But at least they hear us and act in return. I hope they hear us and add normal forge crafts to it.

ktorewqas
04-05-16, 07:38 AM
At 1 point the love shack was worthless too, they added in ability to make the alicorn, but

Just because you have love shack does not guarantee you get free alicorn said, you don't

It took me over 2 years to get the wing to create my first than got 2nd a few months later

I have dragon eggs that still can't be hatched

If it wasn't for the stupid new energy pop up I had 200 gems so this forge would have been almost free, instead it cost $9.99

Not a huge waste of money, big splurge and other buildings less and do more

But didn't want to miss out like many did on love shack

Who knows what this building will do in years to comethe love shack does not cost gems when it was released so it is a huge difference

butterball8509
04-05-16, 11:47 AM
You don't use any cabbages and you collect from the cabbage hut, a building you can buy for 450 gems, that drops 1 cabbage a day. The total cabbages you have will increase, you can store unlimited cabbages

Ahh... I didn't realize you needed the cabbage hut to bank your cabbages. I thought there was some way to do it just using the tent.