PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Dragon Disappeared / Dragon appears on wrong island

DeeDe99
04-02-16, 01:20 AM
Steps to resolve:
1. Find the duplicate dragon on your main island and place the dragon in Dragon Stable.
2. Visit the Arctic Isles
3. Tap the habitat your "copy" dragon used to live.
4. The game will close.
5. Restart the app. The "copy" dragon will be gone.

9-14-16- Edit (KP)

Good news! This has now been fixed!!!:)
Bad news! This doesn't apply retroactively. :(

For further questions on your account, please submit a ticket through support.storm8.com

If you see this happening again after today, please let us know.

I just hatched ****er Whale on the Arctic Isle and fed it to level 3. Hatching ****er Whale took me over the 3,000 points on the Leaderboard and I received Tanuki

Went back to the main islands, pottered about doing bits and pieces including putting Tanuki on the nest, went back to the Arctic Isle and ****er Whale is no longer there. Just vanished into thin air.

I have never had this happen before.

iOS version 9.3, iPad Air 2

I have force closed the game, restarted the device but have not yet uninstalled/reinstalled. I have also emailed Support.

DeeDe99
04-02-16, 01:55 AM
I have now uninstalled and reinstalled, plus updated the iPad iOS version to 9.3.1

****er Whale is still AWOL. :( :confused:

AliceWinter24
04-02-16, 08:44 AM
The exact same thing happened with my new Cave Dragon today. Must be something in the air, or maybe they're playing hide-and-seek :p

kooky panda
04-02-16, 02:32 PM
For missing dragons, please contact support@storm8.com for assistance.

juxbert
04-03-16, 12:24 PM
My icicle dragon disappeared a couple of days ago. I've e-mailed support, and hoping they can bring it back.
I'm really hoping they'll be nice and bring back my icicle��

Juxbert

snowyhillz
04-03-16, 02:23 PM
My icicle dragon disappeared a couple of days ago. I've e-mailed support, and hoping they can bring it back.
I'm really hoping they'll be nice and bring back my icicle��

Juxbert

Same thing happened to me, Iv emailed support and waiting ............. And waiting.............

kooky panda
04-03-16, 06:30 PM
Please continue sending emails to support@storm8.com.

I have also flagged this over.

snowyhillz
04-03-16, 09:38 PM
Please continue sending emails to support@storm8.com.

I have also flagged this over.

Thanks kooky :)

[S8] Elsa
04-04-16, 11:01 AM
Oh no! Our team is looking into this.

We're sorry about these Dragons misbehaving! #caretakerproblems

snowyhillz
04-07-16, 05:30 PM
Has anyone got their dragon back?.... Mines still missing :(

[S8] Elsa
04-07-16, 06:06 PM
If you wrote into support, they'll respond as soon as they can. :)

We apologize for the issue! If you haven't contacted support, please email support@storm8.com for assistance.

DeeDe99
04-08-16, 05:42 AM
I did Elsa. I have since bred another one and this one decided to stick around. I took screen shots in case the issue repeated, but seems OK this time. Support still need to look at the issue as I wasn't the only one it seems, reading the forum.

snowyhillz
04-08-16, 01:06 PM
I did write into support but they have closed the ticket saying they can't replicate the issue

[S8] Elsa
04-08-16, 01:39 PM
We'll look into it.

snowyhillz
04-08-16, 01:53 PM
Elsa;1276553']We'll look into it.

Thanks Elsa, I'll send you the ticket #

kooky panda
04-29-16, 02:23 PM
This issue has now been fixed. :)
If you are still missing any of your dragons, please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

eva178
05-04-16, 04:26 AM
Well the issue isn't fixed because this happened to me today witch my new cave dragon.
I haven send support a mail about it.
Hopefully I get my cave dragon back.

[S8] Elsa
05-04-16, 09:54 AM
Well the issue isn't fixed because this happened to me today witch my new cave dragon.
I haven send support a mail about it.
Hopefully I get my cave dragon back.

Different issue. Please email support@storm8.com and message me your ticket number.

eva178
05-04-16, 10:51 AM
Elsa;1289350']Different issue. Please email support@storm8.com and message me your ticket number.

I have send you a pm with my ticket number

eagles615
06-12-16, 07:28 PM
I am doing the Leader Board event and just finished breeding and hatching the Penquin dragon in the Artic Isles, fed it and was evolving it. When I got the Penquin dragon it moved me to reach milestone 6.5 and got the Puffer dragon in DS leader board event. My PENQUIN disappeared from the evolution temple. I closed out and restarted the game and it is still not there. I worked a long time in trying to breed this. It was 286 flames which I had to keep crafting the flames. PLEASE give me back this dragon. Thank you!

kooky panda
06-13-16, 09:08 AM
Please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance in recovering this Dragon.

++++++Merged with current bug thread.++++++++++

eagles615
06-13-16, 11:40 AM
My Penquin dragon disappeared while evolving. Sent email...still waiting to hear back.

volissos
06-13-16, 03:10 PM
Anyone else experiencing problems hatching eggs in arctic isles? I few days ago I hatched a Yeti dragon, had to sell another dragon to place it in a habitat, got the reward from the book of goals and suddenly the game shut down by itself, and when I reopend a. the yeti dragon was gone, b. the egg on the nest was gone as well and c. even the dragon I had to sell also was gone (but still appears in the list of dragons I can use to breed!). I contacted support and the told me it is a sync error and they cannot do anything about it.
Now I had an egg which came from a longer than usual breeding timer, required 375 flames to hatch, I even used some gold to speed up crafting some of the flames, hatched a Snowangel dragon, sold another dragon to place it in the habitat, got the reward and once again the game closed on its own and the Snowangel is gone, so is the egg, the dragon I sold (and of course the gold I used to speed up the flames!)!
Come on S8, this is not a sync error, this is a glitch, a bug, whatever you want to call it and I should expect to get the Snowangel dragon back! :mad:

volissos
06-13-16, 03:17 PM
Same thing happend to me with a yeti dragon a few days ago and today with a Snowangel!! I contacted support and they sent me off with a "sync error, nothing we can do" explanation! No, this is a glitch and it isn't resolved. I would like my Snowangel back since I even used gold for this one in order to speed up crafting 375 flames! And of course the leader board points!

Clark_Wayne
06-13-16, 03:25 PM
yes i had this bug more than 3-4 times. but since it was common Dragons , i didn't bother

volissos
06-13-16, 03:33 PM
Clark_Wayne, I was a bit sad about Yeti, but I got over it, persisted and hatched it again a couple of days later. But this time it was Snowangel. Snowangel...

[S8] Elsa
06-13-16, 03:36 PM
@Clark_Wayne - if you have not created a ticket, please email support@storm8.com for assistance. Does this also happen for you when you sell a Dragon from the habitat before placing a new one?

@Volissos - Please reopen your ticket. If you're able to provide a video of the crash, this would help support investigate this further. Thank you. :)

[S8] Elsa
06-13-16, 03:42 PM
For those of you who experience a crash, are you selling a Dragon to create space each time? Or does the crash occur just whenever you place the pet you hatched?

snowyhillz
06-13-16, 04:52 PM
Elsa;1307601']@Clark_Wayne - if you have not created a ticket, please email support@storm8.com for assistance. Does this also happen for you when you sell a Dragon from the habitat before placing a new one?

@Volissos - Please reopen your ticket. If you're able to provide a video of the crash, this would help support investigate this further. Thank you. :)

Elsa, I had this same problem a couple of months ago where I sold a dragon to place an icicle dragon and the game crashed and the icicle was gone, I did log a ticket and eventually got my Icicle back.... I didn't realise at the time but figured it out later that what might have caused the problem was I sold one of the dragons I used to breed the icicle. As a side note, like volissos, that dragon is still listed in my breeding den and evolution temple even though it isn't in the habitat

[S8] Elsa
06-13-16, 05:08 PM
Elsa, I had this same problem a couple of months ago where I sold a dragon to place an icicle dragon and the game crashed and the icicle was gone, I did log a ticket and eventually got my Icicle back.... I didn't realise at the time but figured it out later that what might have caused the problem was I sold one of the dragons I used to breed the icicle. As a side note, like volissos, that dragon is still listed in my breeding den and evolution temple even though it isn't in the habitat

Thanks!

@ volissos, was the Dragon you sold one you used to breed Yeti or Snowangel?

DeeDe99
06-14-16, 05:10 AM
I had a ****erwhale disappear some time ago. No selling of any other dragon involved in my case. I open a ticket at the time. This seems to be becoming a frequent occurance in the Arctic Isles. Just mentioning here to add to the reported numbers.

Bred another one shortly afterwards, so not concerned in that instance, other that asking for a root cause analysis, however had it been a diamond hybrid I would not have been at all impressed.

volissos
06-14-16, 06:07 AM
Both times that it happened to me it was after selling a dragon, placing the new one in the habitat and almost immediately after collecting the album's goal reward. I am almost sure that the first time I had already fed the new dragon and had it in the evolution temple.

volissos
06-14-16, 06:11 AM
Elsa;1307610']Thanks!

@ volissos, was the Dragon you sold one you used to breed Yeti or Snowangel?

No, it was a different dragon, not the one I used for breeding. I have already sent a reply email to the older one about the yeti dragon and my ticket number is #2060475. I am sorry, but it was very sudden, I don't have a video or photo. It just crashed and everything was gone after I reopened the app.

D_Raho
06-14-16, 10:40 AM
The Arctic Isles has been a real mess for the last year. It is glitch city and they haven't fixed the actual glitches. But they do usually give you the Dragons the game took from you back. But sometimes they don't.

I have plenty of pictures and hilarious stories of the glitches in the Arctic Isles. Maybe on a slow day I'll show you all a few of theses hilarities.

Hawk1
06-14-16, 05:55 PM
I had an Alpine dragon disappear during the first leaderboard event and S8 did eventually give it back to me, but it took a few weeks. Guess I was lucky this time around. I don't go near Arctic Isles except during leaderboard events and since I won't be playing during the next one I can go back to ignoring that waste of space.

ellaslair
06-14-16, 06:44 PM

This is my artic isle...i have three dragons breeding. I sold blizzard to make room for polar bear, but then I had a roll back, lost polar bear and blizzard got stuck in the breeding den.

moonchild1987
06-14-16, 07:42 PM
Just want to add my name to the long list of people who have experienced problems in the Arctic isles. I've had 6 dragons vanish after placing them in a habitat from the den. They were all duplicates that I would of sold so I'm not worried about getting them back. What does bother me is my dark pheonix that is stuck in the Arctic evolution temple (not literally, I can still evolve.) That's taking up a valuable space on my Arctic isle and a space on my main island also. I emailed the team when this first happened and they told me that this was a known issue that would be fixed with future updates, then they emailed again a few weeks later and said the issue was resolved but it hasn't been. I'm not really worried at the moment, I still have plenty of room but eventually this will become a problem.

kooky panda
06-15-16, 09:02 AM
Just want to add my name to the long list of people who have experienced problems in the Arctic isles. I've had 6 dragons vanish after placing them in a habitat from the den. They were all duplicates that I would of sold so I'm not worried about getting them back. What does bother me is my dark pheonix that is stuck in the Arctic evolution temple (not literally, I can still evolve.) That's taking up a valuable space on my Arctic isle and a space on my main island also. I emailed the team when this first happened and they told me that this was a known issue that would be fixed with future updates, then they emailed again a few weeks later and said the issue was resolved but it hasn't been. I'm not really worried at the moment, I still have plenty of room but eventually this will become a problem.
For your Dark phoenix issue, if you have the dragon stable on your main island try:

Store the Dragon (the one that's duped on Arctic Isles) from the main island in Stable.
* Visit Arctic Isles, duplicate pet is now gone. Tap habitat where it used to be.
* Game will crash...
* Reopen and Dragon on main island is free now and there is no more Dragon on Arctic Isles.

(Note: Merged two bugs threads together)

vixter30
07-10-16, 12:31 AM
Hi everyone,
I just hatched a polar dragon, popped it into habitat, collected the album reward and competition points (ok'ing a dragon award), fed to L3, evolved, went to farm more food, then the app glitched and he disappeared.
Grr.
Ticket []
So frustrating!!

SpiritWind00
07-10-16, 12:44 AM
Hi everyone,
I just hatched a polar dragon, popped it into habitat, collected the album reward and competition points (ok'ing a dragon award), fed to L3, evolved, went to farm more food, then the app glitched and he disappeared.
Grr.
Ticket []
So frustrating!!
Hi, I removed your ticket number for privacy reasons. I did take a copy of your post though and sent it through to the CMs to see if they can help. :) otherwise, keep working with Support to resolve your missing dragon. Good luck!

Splashy81
07-13-16, 12:15 PM
It seems I am having similar Arctic problems. I have 2 Blizzards that disappeared from my Isle after feeding them to level 3 and sticking them in the evolution temple. I don't really care because they are Blizzards, but both of them are showing up in my list of dragons with which I am able to breed.

I have 2 Blizzard dragons on my Isle. In my breeding list, I have the option of picking from 4 Blizzard dragons. I am able to breed with the the "ghost" Blizzards as well, because I tried this.

random59
07-30-16, 04:25 AM
Well after all these years of trying to complete the Arctic Isles, I finally have Snowangel on the breeding den! Yay me!!! SOon no more trips there unless something new is released!:o

Well how stupid of me, thought I was finished, hatches Snowangel, sold Lvl 4 Polar to place Snowangel in the habitat and both are gone'!!!!!!!!!!32613Not a fan of the game at the moment, Snowangel better be restored to the habitat, yes I have notified support but I am not alone in this plight today. So very cross and disillusioned with this game at the moment:mad:

random59
08-01-16, 12:08 PM
I have given that issue considerable thought, I've been through it once - lost a ****erwhale. I'm planning on closing DS and re-opening the app before I do each Artic Isles step (hatch, evolve, etc) and closing out afterwards before doing anything else. I am also taking screenshots of each step in case there are issues. S8 staff asked for detailed steps on the other thread - IF I lose one, I'll have a clearly documented sequence of events.

GReat advice DeeDee, took screenshot of my Snowangel under construction on the Den, then lost it, and had my Snowangel restored to me this morning!
I would advise anybody who has breed anything exciting and new to take a screenshot of it especially whilst the leaderboard event is on, does help in the long run:)

DeeDe99
08-02-16, 02:22 AM
GReat advice DeeDee, took screenshot of my Snowangel under construction on the Den, then lost it, and had my Snowangel restored to me this morning!
I would advise anybody who has breed anything exciting and new to take a screenshot of it especially whilst the leaderboard event is on, does help in the long run:)

Great to hear! Always helps when customers/users can provide clear detail of a sequence of events. Very glad to hear your dragon was restored, good customer relations.

Errena41
08-04-16, 08:27 AM
I just hatched a Alpine Dragon for the first time. I placed it in the habitat after selling my second blizzard dragon to make room. Then the game reset and i lost my Alpine. :(

kooky panda
08-04-16, 08:36 AM
Please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

(merging with current bug thread)

Errena41
08-04-16, 08:53 AM
Thank you Kooky Panda! I didn't see this threat. Sorry

(no worries!!! KP)

RockyMts
08-04-16, 10:11 AM
Had a penguin disapear after hatching feeding to 3 and Puting in evolution temple support blamed it on hiding in a building? Being sold. Leaving the game before visiting a neighbor. Never got it back. Obviously there is a glitch they refuse to acknowledge or fix

random59
08-04-16, 02:19 PM
For any breeding, hatching and placing of dragons in the Arctic Isles is take screenshots of these events in progress so you can supply support with pictorial proof of dragon. Recently I bred a Snowangel and after selling my baby polar to place Snowangel it disappeared when placing it, luckily I had taken a screenshot of it whist on the den showing the timer, got it back 3 days later after emailing support. Happy ending so I think it is a worthwhile process!

[S8] Elsa
08-04-16, 02:28 PM
For any breeding, hatching and placing of dragons in the Arctic Isles is take screenshots of these events in progress so you can supply support with pictorial proof of dragon. Recently I bred a Snowangel and after selling my baby polar to place Snowangel it disappeared when placing it, luckily I had taken a screenshot of it whist on the den showing the timer, got it back 3 days later after emailing support. Happy ending so I think it is a worthwhile process!

If you create a ticket with those images, please private message me the ticket number. Support is actively investigating this issue.

dala12
08-05-16, 12:07 PM
It was puinguin....

tops84
08-05-16, 06:02 PM
Hi I just got ****erwhale my first one I got him to level 3 went to evolve him the chicken came on then my game went off I got back on the game and went to breed again And I saw my ****erwhale was gone 😔 I didn't take a picture please help

random59
08-05-16, 06:10 PM
Hi I just got ****erwhale my first one I got him to level 3 went to evolve him the chicken came on then my game went off I got back on the game and went to breed again And I saw my ****erwhale was gone �� I didn't take a picture please help

Haha, I know it is not funny but I just lost Polar also, send a message to Support and they will look into it. I didn't think it would happen to me a 2nd time because I had already lost Snowangel but I had taken a photo of that because I was excited I had bred it, no photo this time, I should heed my own advice. I had just finished messaging support about Polar when I found your post. You'll get it back, just message support!

dala12
08-06-16, 12:08 AM
My penguin is replaced by night dragon. I sent I notice. Hope to get this fixed fast. I have had no new ice dragon for months! And now I am afraid to go on. It was such a nice dragon... But to see night in ice age island is so weird. Can someone look ? And see if they see him too! Hope they replace him soon!

dala12
08-06-16, 12:42 AM
So now is penguin gone! It has been replaced by night dragon just hatched him today on my normal dragon island. I sent support a notice! Hope they fix it quickly. So now night is on both islands. And I wanted to trade black gems for him. I wait for that.... Feeling sad.

DeeDe99
08-06-16, 03:32 AM
Awesome, congrats, did the obvious for the leaderboard, sold Lvl 10 Polar, as I had hatched another, fed the baby and put it on the evolution chamber and poof the game starts processing and both Polars are lost. Biggest joke is I didn't take a photo cause I didn't think it would happen to me twice in one leaderboard! SHAME ON ME!!!!!

Sorry to hear that, mate. Mind you, I have to get this hatched, fed, evolved etc without her disappearing. Fingers crossed. Of course I'll be taking screenshots of every step just as I did last time. I have enough food stored up. Not sure whether to grow any more food up there as I don't think there is likely to be any further development of the Arctic Isles.

random59
08-06-16, 03:41 AM
Sorry to hear that, mate. Mind you, I have to get this hatched, fed, evolved etc without her disappearing. Fingers crossed. Of course I'll be taking screenshots of every step just as I did last time. I have enough food stored up. Not sure whether to grow any more food up there as I don't think there is likely to be any further development of the Arctic Isles.

Just ridiculous that it happens time and time again, think I shocked a player who posted they had lost ****er whale, I had posted haha, didn't mean it just joking as I reckon both of our games went down at the same time and just before reading that post I had just sent another please explain! I REALLY DO THINK THE ISSUES WITH DISAPPEARING DRAGONS SHOULD BE FIXED BY NOW! This has been a known problem since the leaderboard event was created. We need a stable platform to enjoy this game, please develop one.

DeeDe99
08-06-16, 03:54 AM
Just ridiculous that it happens time and time again, think I shocked a player who posted they had lost ****er whale, I had posted haha, didn't mean it just joking as I reckon both of our games went down at the same time and just before reading that post I had just sent another please explain! I REALLY DO THINK THE ISSUES WITH DISAPPEARING DRAGONS SHOULD BE FIXED BY NOW! This has been a known problem since the leaderboard event was created. We need a stable platform to enjoy this game, please develop one.

Root cause analysis will be difficult. The incidents are intermittent. I was one of the first to lose a dragon and I'll need to check, but I think it was before the first leaderboard event (although the code may have been deployed by then). But I've not lost another since. No consistency, so trying to isolate the cause will be difficult. At least S8 are doing the right thing and restoring lost dragons where there is evidence - although I fail to understand why the transaction logs don't record the hatching etc.

dala12
08-06-16, 02:13 PM
But I have a night dragon on my habitat in ice island!! That is so weird. Hope they fix it!

DeeDe99
08-07-16, 01:39 PM
I just lost my Snowangel after hatching. Have raised a ticket. A Leaderboard milestone popped up and poof, Snowangel vanished.

random59
08-10-16, 03:37 AM
Haha, I know it is not funny but I just lost Polar also, send a message to Support and they will look into it. I didn't think it would happen to me a 2nd time because I had already lost Snowangel but I had taken a photo of that because I was excited I had bred it, no photo this time, I should heed my own advice. I had just finished messaging support about Polar when I found your post. You'll get it back, just message support![/QUOTE]

This is so silly, have 32800but still have no Polar, I have an invisible dragon trying to breed with nothing, I want my Polar back please!3280532805Here is a photo of my missing level4 Polar shows up on breeding but not is isle!

kooky panda
08-10-16, 09:01 AM
Hi I just got ****erwhale my first one I got him to level 3 went to evolve him the chicken came on then my game went off I got back on the game and went to breed again And I saw my ****erwhale was gone  I didn't take a picture please help
Please send an email to support@storm8.com.

(merging this thread with the current bug thread)

random59
08-10-16, 11:58 AM
I just lost my Snowangel after hatching. Have raised a ticket. A Leaderboard milestone popped up and poof, Snowangel vanished.

What bad luck DeeDee, my Polar Is causing quite a condundrum for me. My Album shows I have 2 Blizzards, 2 Polars, 1 Alpine, 1 Snowflake, 1 Penguin and a Snowangel. Polar only shows up to breed which is rather random both my level 10 which I sold and my level 4 which vanished in a poof of air when the game starting processing! Going to upload a photo of my dilemma. 328093281032811

DeeDe99
08-10-16, 03:14 PM
Hi random59, yes, very sad.

Here are my pics. Sadly I did not take a pic of the Leaderboard milestone popup which caused the glitch.

[S8] Elsa
08-10-16, 05:07 PM
The common thread is the server reverts when you're interacting with a Dragon that no longer exists (completing a quest, feeding/evolving), but I haven't been able to reproduce the "why the dragon doesn't exist" part. :/ Our wizards are looking into it, though.

When this happens, are you all experiencing this after a Leaderboard milestone? Or with completing a quest?

bsxu
08-11-16, 01:38 AM

I lost a total of 3 dragons in the Arctic Isle - 'Icicle' in May 2016's leaderboard event, 'Alpine' and 'Cave' during the latest leaderboard event. I have reported the issue right away in May. Unfortunately, after waiting for a month, the Support team came back with the response similar to yours "a known issue that would be fixed with future updates". I never ever got my Icicle back. I am upset/frustrated and angry. I had many many fails before I got Icicle and spent 375 frames to hatch. Since then, I never report any bugs again as the results would be the same.

[S8] Elsa
08-11-16, 11:51 AM
Anybody encounter a crash when feeding your ice Dragons before you experienced this issue?

I lost a total of 3 dragons in the Arctic Isle - 'Icicle' in May 2016's leaderboard event, 'Alpine' and 'Cave' during the latest leaderboard event. I have reported the issue right away in May. Unfortunately, after waiting for a month, the Support team came back with the response similar to yours "a known issue that would be fixed with future updates". I never ever got my Icicle back. I am upset/frustrated and angry. I had many many fails before I got Icicle and spent 375 frames to hatch. Since then, I never report any bugs again as the results would be the same.

Can you PM me your ticket number, please?

DeeDe99
08-12-16, 02:11 AM
The first one I lost, ****erwhale, I had hatched and fed to level 3 and there was a Leaderboard milestone involved in that disappearance too (I looked back to my original post on this thread). I'd actually forgotten that until you asked the question just now. So to Random59 - apologies for my silly memory on that. It is possible the feeding of ****erwhale was the action that triggered the milestone - I can't remember if feeding earnt points in that event, but I am sure you can check the dates.

With the Snowangel disappearance, definitely a Leaderboard milestone because it popped up right as the other popups re Snowangel were popping up.

With ****erwhale, I had fed to level 3 then returned to the main island. With Snowangel, she disappeared as I watched. As previously noted on the Arctic Isles board, I had been SO careful to ensure I did ONLY Arctic Isles work when I was doing ANYTHING with a diamond hybrid there. You can check the dates of my previous two diamond hybrids, which I had no problems with, because I think they were outside the Leaderboard events, or at least I didn't hit a milestone (that I know for sure).

I can confirm both my disappearances involved a Leaderboard milestone.

I have already emailed my ticket number to Regina, but will provide to you Elsa.

Edited to add - to clarify, when I say "disappeared as I watched", that is literally correct - despite receiving both the hatching popup and the goal achievement popup, (overlaid by the milestone popup) I could not see Snowangel on the habitat. Then a few seconds later that game "crashed".

In the 12 months I have been playing this game, I have had at most two synch errors - both were my own fault for using mobile data. I never do "important" things, like hatching important dragons, unless I am on trusted wi-fi - and I never have any problems (other than these two involved with the Leaderboard event). I don't trust tethering the iPad to my phone's internet connection, as tethering is not a reliable internet connection.

When we lose connection (resulting in synch errors), we get the "Processing" screen, then the "This game needs an internet connection......". The only other times I have ever crashed have been visiting neighbours (which I have not done for months as the crashes are too annoying). Nothing else causes my game to crash - I can mine 50 bombs and dynamite without an issue. I can buy habitats with no issue.

The game did not crash when I lost ****erwhale. With Snowangel, it crashed just AFTER I had lost the baby, NOT before. As I pointed out with ****erwhale, had that loss been a synch issue, the status of the dragon would have rolled back to being on the nest, surely - the last saved (to the server) status of the egg. In the case of Snowangel, I didn't even get the chance to feed the baby, it just never hit the habitat. I could see the habitat as it is in front, near the egg warmer.

I had done nothing else. My routine with all three diamonds on the AI had been go into DS, travel immediately to the AI, do whatever needed to be done (finalise the breeding, warm the egg and make more flames etc), travel back to the main island (to force an update to the server) and exit (force close) the game. If I needed to do anything on the main island, I would then go back into the game. So no actions at all on the main island.

The only common denominator in both losses on my AI is the Leaderboard milestone being achieved by that specific hatching.

DeeDe99
08-12-16, 02:14 AM
Elsa;1307602']For those of you who experience a crash, are you selling a Dragon to create space each time? Or does the crash occur just whenever you place the pet you hatched?

Definitely no sales involved. Knowing the AI only cater for one of each dragon, I have not kept duplicates. I had the space available.

As noted above, I don't believe it is necessarily the placing - it is the action that triggers reaching the Leaderboard milestone (in my case anyway). That could be placing in the habitat or feeding - whatever is being counted in the Leaderboard.

Are there more reports of losses during Leaderboards? Is it possible some players with less reliable internet connections don't see a Leaderboard pop-up due to response delays? None of this of course addresses the issues where players have main island dragons stuck in the AI - but given I never mix my tasks, I've not experienced that sort of complication. Yet, anyway ;)

DeeDe99
08-17-16, 08:27 PM
May we have an update please?

[S8] Elsa
08-18-16, 10:24 AM
No fix yet. :(

We still haven't figured out how this is happening. Any further details that may help reproduce the issue is welcomed. :)

AliceWinter24
09-02-16, 01:02 AM
I just lost another one, right from the nest. That's the third time that's happened, and always during a Leaderboard event.

[S8] Elsa
09-02-16, 08:16 AM
I just lost another one, right from the nest. That's the third time that's happened, and always during a Leaderboard event.

Please email support@storm8.com for assistance.

With some details from Dedee99, we were able to fill in the rest and reproduce it. Unfortunately, it's a version fix. I can't speculate on when that will be, but it's in the realm of "as soon as possible".

As a work-around, players can attempt to avoid it by not triggering a Milestone while completing a quest at the same time on the Arctic Isles. I know that's not ideal and oddly specific, but it'll mitigate this experience while we fix it. Sorry for the trouble! ;(

dala12
09-06-16, 10:34 AM
They told me they cannot return dragons in artic. So I lost penguin!

mamapuls
09-09-16, 02:02 PM
Arg! I hatched a Snow Angel and it disappeared! Poof! Right before the leaderboard event finished today!

kooky panda
09-14-16, 08:01 AM
Good news! This has now been fixed!!!:)
Bad news! This doesn't apply retroactively. :(

For further questions on your account, please contact support@storm8.com

If you see this happening again after today, please let us know.

RhodryMaelwaedd
01-06-17, 10:27 PM
Now if they'd only fix the dragons-not-belonging-in-the-arctic bug as well... My Hercules dragon has been taking up space in a arctic habitat formonths now...

[S8] Elsa
01-06-17, 10:59 PM
Now if they'd only fix the dragons-not-belonging-in-the-arctic bug as well... My Hercules dragon has been taking up space in a arctic habitat formonths now...

Hercules is likely a duplicate of a Dragon you have on the main island. Store the main island copy in the stable.

Then visit the Arctic Isles and tap on the habitat Hercules used to be in. The game will drop. Log back in and this will be fixed. :)

If you don't have a stable, send me a PM.

marco2968
02-17-17, 06:33 AM
I have a warpaint dragon for months now in a Ice Age Alcove (since September 2016), no duplicate on the main island.
Detail: the warpaint dragon is reported to be in the Evolution Temple on the main island, but its not.
I have reported this issue a few times to support, but no solution yet.

Any pointers to resolve this are welcome!

[S8] Elsa
02-17-17, 11:01 AM
I have a warpaint dragon for months now in a Ice Age Alcove (since September 2016), no duplicate on the main island.
Detail: the warpaint dragon is reported to be in the Evolution Temple on the main island, but its not.
I have reported this issue a few times to support, but no solution yet.

Any pointers to resolve this are welcome!

Please submit a request through support.storm8.com and pm me your support ticket number.

marco2968
02-23-17, 05:08 AM
I've been helped by support. They have taken my dragon out of the evolution state. After this I could successfully perform the "stable trick", now everything is fine again. Thanks!