PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to Breed Limited Time Dragons Lately

amerirish
03-31-16, 08:16 PM
I've been watching the boards for the last several weeks while trying to breed the never ending limited time dragons that are constantly being spun out in the Market. It seems that no matter if they are Super Rare or Rare, fewer and fewer players are able to breed them. With all of the changes lately, I wonder if the formulas have been 'altered' so that your only options with Limited dragons are to buy them with gold or let them go.

I've been playing on this account for over 2 years. Mostly in the past, several posters come on these boards to share their successful breeding pairs for Limited Dragons (among others). If you look back on the posts for most of the last few Limited dragons you will see more fail posts than success posts.

I personally hate to lose the opportunity to breed a new dragon and have given in and spent gold rather than lose a dragon many times lately. Now I am realizing that not only am I being possibly 'played' but with the habitat limits, I'm actually following along in the scheme. I have well over two dozen eggs in storage because I fear running out of room to breed new dragons, but if it's impossible to breed new dragons then I should place what I have and give up, right??

It's heartbreaking because I love this game but am quickly being driven out. I just wish that TL/Storm8 would stop trying to change things and focus more on FIXING issues that long term players have been begging for.

debrasbistro
03-31-16, 08:23 PM
Amerirish, this goes along with my post where I noticed the same thing, and posted in the henna thread, and also, how the most desired seem to be 'limited'. I feel played as well in that respect as I have not bred any limiteds for a long long time.

It's almost like they hired someone to come in and tweak everything to a certain agenda (I won't go on as it's obvious what that is).

amerirish
03-31-16, 08:52 PM
Amerirish, this goes along with my post where I noticed the same thing, and posted in the henna thread, and also, how the most desired seem to be 'limited'. I feel played as well in that respect as I have not bred any limiteds for a long long time.

It's almost like they hired someone to come in and tweak everything to a certain agenda (I won't go on as it's obvious what that is).

As much as I hate to suggest or agree with a 'conspiracy theory' it's hard to ignore the obvious changes/limitations that have been happening in breeding in this game lately.

nabooKat
04-01-16, 03:06 AM
I quite agree.
The fun is being leeched out if the game.

knj00
04-01-16, 03:25 AM
I don't post here much anymore but this thread caught my eye and I thought I'd post some numbers.

There are around 140 - 150 breedable dragons ATM in Dragon Story.
This year alone (3 months 2016) there have been 49 dragons released (50 after today's update).
Of these dragons only 10 have been breedable.
Of these 10 breedable dragons 5 have been 2 type dragons (1 having a minor type, so it's really like a 3 types), and 5 have been 3 type dragons.
Also, of these 10 breedable dragons only 2 have not been limited (although, when first released both said "leaving blah date").

So there you have it, only 10 breedable dragons out of 49 (50 after today's unbreedable release) released this year, all but 2 have been limited (2 non-limited are triple types), and over half of these have been triple types. 8 limited breedable dragons released this year in a sea of 140 - 150 possible outcomes....

The way this game has started going the developers really are making it impossible for many players to breed dragons. However, look on the bright side, TL has been releasing these limited - hard to get - breedable dragons on sale for people to buy. -_-

DeeDe99
04-01-16, 05:51 AM
I was going to post S8 need to appoint a decent probability mathematician, but knj000 has essentially beaten me to it. The greater the number of possible outcomes, the lower the probability of getting any particular outcome. On top of that simple fact, there is the rarity algorithym, a mystery to us all.

The commons are already weighted as outcomes, so if we look at breeding Air and Beaded trying for Morning Glory, there are 23 possible results, 3 of which are common (higher probability based on rarity). Consequently, the probability of scoring the desired outcome is somewhat slim.

It seems not enough attention is being paid to the mathematics of new releases.

I have noticed the earlier attempts seem more successful. Try later in the availability window and success is lower. The runs of identical outcomes from some breedings is a worry - like tossing a coin 20 times and getting 20 heads - highly IMprobable based on probability theory. Or try tossing a pair of dice 20 times and see if you can get 20 pairs of sixes. Unlikely. I have also noticed certain dragons seem to produce a different outcome each breeding, while other pairings produce the repetitive strings of Coral, Fruitful et al.

Hawk1
04-02-16, 11:04 AM
I have had zero luck breeding new/limited dragons for months, people talk about the luck of some islands as opposed to others and I am firmly in the "others" camp. It is frustrating and crushes the joy out of the game...I always had Tales and community events to fallback on until the latest event. :(

ladymakay
04-02-16, 03:03 PM
Lately regardless of what dragons I breed I end up with Mist or Firestorm, back to back for several days. The same with Clown, I hatched 8 Clowns in 2 days, 4 in a row, using dragons with color combos that shouldn't have produced Clown, nevermind 8 of them!

blueangel826
04-03-16, 11:24 AM
Looks like I'm not alone in being unsuccessful breeding the MANY new & Limited Time dragons recently! What is going on? ?? Against my better judgement & limited income, I've bought a few after breeding until the last minute. Unlike most of the higher level & longtime players, I've been playing right at 9 months now. And until April 1st when I added 2nd breeding den & Diamond Den, I couldn't breed a Diamond. But I finally succeeded with the 2nd pair I tried after this crazy competition began! I've hurried her along but after this long waiting, I have no guilt! BUT I'd really like to know why S8 is indeed limiting the Limited Time new & re-released dragons that are so incredible that everyone wants one, of course! Other than the fact that they're making a fortune when breeding fails & more players buy them, WHY would they want to change this game so drastically & turn players away? Guess time may tell !

DeeDe99
04-03-16, 09:32 PM
Here's another interesting statistic. Of the last 24 dragons I have added to my flock (or whatever collective noun applies to dragons) only 4 have been bred - meaning everything else from the Breeding Den has been a fail. Given the number of limited dragons released over that time (since Aladdin, which is about 26 days ago) you'd think I might have scored more breedable dragons.

The rest have been Dragon Tales, Tournaments, Mining, World Event, Leaderboard Event, Arena Collection..... and so it goes on.....

I started playing for the BREEDING!

Kennedward
04-03-16, 09:40 PM
Well I haven't been breeding much lately, but most of the ones I did bred are only common or just rare dragons, which are still quite common, the few "new" dragons that I didn't have but managed to breed were just rare, nothing special. I just never bred them when they were introduced to the game, because at that time I just didn't care about any new dragons without the space to put them.

Anyways, it does seem the results have been rather common when I started breeding again.

Man, I sure miss the time when I bred so many Diamond hybrids in just 2 months, that was my fav. time playing this game, collecting all the Diamond hybrids that I didn't have in a merely 2 months period of time.

amerirish
04-04-16, 10:43 AM
I wish they would only put out Limited Time dragons once a month (and only two dragons at a time) and give us until the next month to try to breed. Or just release a new permanent dragon once or twice a month. Also, stop releasing new dragons at the same time as events such as Tales - it's too stressful!!!!!! Do they honestly think this is fun for players??

Natasha_07
04-04-16, 02:16 PM
I don't have luck breeding new dragons, once a blue moon I will get a new one. It's so frustrating for me sometimes, I see fellow players getting dragons in a couple weeks or less sometimes just a few days and I don't even got such luck. :(

New releases need to slow down a bit, LTO dragons need to take the run for a month because that week long or less availability thing doesn't work for all.

tazkhan13
04-05-16, 05:12 PM
HI everyone,
This is my 1st ever post on this forum. I couldn't hold myself back and had to give my thoughts. I truly agree with all posts on this thread and believe that S8 is turning people away from this "GAME". It's becoming too stressful which in my opinion is not what a game is about. It's supposed to be a bit of fun.
Getting to the point of those limited dragons. I'm finding it almost impossible to collect enough prizes from e.g. Battle arena within the timeframe they've given in order to craft the dragon. So far I've got close to collecting the 100 items needed to craft the dragon but always stop short of it when they start giving a different prize without actually giving a time of when they will stop giving the old prize.
The last prize I was collecting was the intricate egg which they have stopped giving out from yesterday and I only managed to collect 85. The least S8 could do is give an actual ending time and date so the people who really want that limited dragon can spend some money to buy the gold they would need to win the battles to get the remaining eggs they need to craft the dragon. This has happened to me like every time and have numerous prizes(just under 100 of each) sitting in my storage. I'm

Hawk1
04-05-16, 05:23 PM
HI everyone,
This is my 1st ever post on this forum. I couldn't hold myself back and had to give my thoughts. I truly agree with all posts on this thread and believe that S8 is turning people away from this "GAME". It's becoming too stressful which in my opinion is not what a game is about. It's supposed to be a bit of fun.
Getting to the point of those limited dragons. I'm finding it almost impossible to collect enough prizes from e.g. Battle arena within the timeframe they've given in order to craft the dragon. So far I've got close to collecting the 100 items needed to craft the dragon but always stop short of it when they start giving a different prize without actually giving a time of when they will stop giving the old prize.
The last prize I was collecting was the intricate egg which they have stopped giving out from yesterday and I only managed to collect 85. The least S8 could do is give an actual ending time and date so the people who really want that limited dragon can spend some money to buy the gold they would need to win the battles to get the remaining eggs they need to craft the dragon. This has happened to me like every time and have numerous prizes(just under 100 of each) sitting in my storage. I'm

There was a pop up Friday saying Intricate Egg ended 4/5/16, so there was a notice saying when it was ending. There are people that get 3-4 of the battle arena dragons, it's up to the individual to battle often enough to get the dragon. Sorry you didn't get one, hope you have better luck next time.

roguebee
04-05-16, 06:37 PM
Ever since they introduced the Mining dragons and the Arena dragons, the option to collect parts has always been a minimum of 4 weeks. Often as long as 5 weeks (once 7 weeks). You make your plans on having 4 weeks to collect your parts. There is a pop up notice on the update day prior to the release of the dragon, telling you that the old dragon will expire on a certain day (usually the next update day).

Kennedward
04-11-16, 06:03 AM
Well I just got Valiant.... and reading about it on the Valiant thread it seems quite a few others got it as well, so it's still possible to get rare breeds, just more difficult for some than others as breeding seems very random

Cats4Ever59
04-16-16, 01:37 AM
I keep getting island and genie from unlikely pairs, for example diamond and diamond, makes no sense. I bred siamese with dame of darkness and got island, someone want to explain that?

starship412
06-12-16, 03:42 PM
I keep getting island and genie from unlikely pairs, for example diamond and diamond, makes no sense. I bred siamese with dame of darkness and got island, someone want to explain that?

The blue was a by-product of one of the blacks and the other blue plus red gave the green. The algorithm sucks when it comes to using tri color dragons in the breeding den.

FireballFarm
06-16-16, 05:51 PM
It seems S8/TL has forgotten that a game is no longer fun or enjoyable when the players keep failing, over and over.

It's disappointing and discouraging and does not inspire confidence in the game. Why would anyone feel happy or satisfied about being resigned to spend money on something they could not achieve, despite their best, continual and honest efforts? Especially when similar goals were achievable in the past.

Like others said, I think it's no coincidence all the best looking, best designed new dragons are always the (very) limited time ones. The new limited dragon, the Circuit, is absolutely beautiful. But, I know I won't be able to breed it, nor will the vast majority of players. What are the odds of both black and pink NOT splitting? Slim to none. It's a cash cow. Once again, TL is betting on players failing to breed it and deciding to purchase the dragon before it expires. That's a crappy way to do business.

Having a month to try to breed the limited dragons would make a huge difference in player morale. Little breeding triumphs count for a lot in a game that is supposed to be about... breeding dragons.

I have no problem with a business making money- that is why they exist, after all- but, ALL of TL's decisions lately seem to be based on pushing more and more gold sales, with no concern at all for the wants and needs of the players.
Everyone loses in the long run: players get disillusionsed and quit the game they once loved and financially supported, so the company makes less money and gets a bad reputation from lots of negative reviews.
Over the past few months, I think S8 has finally crossed an invisible, nebulous line in both this game and other titles. The scales are now weighted too heavily in their own favor, and they need to pull back some before the whole thing collapses.

zenkitty99
06-16-16, 08:04 PM
I wish they would only put out Limited Time dragons once a month (and only two dragons at a time) and give us until the next month to try to breed. Or just release a new permanent dragon once or twice a month.

I agree totally! This would make things so much fairer for us players. I'm sick of the constant stream of limited time dragons, one after the other, with very little chance of being able to breed them in the tiny amount of time we're given to do so. They obviously want us to buy them - and I refuse to play that game!

I have banned myself from buying limited dragons on principle, and if everyone else did the same S8 would have to re-think their strategy. But I doubt that's ever likely to happen, so I don't expect to things to change!

amerirish
06-17-16, 08:28 AM
I have a long list of regular dragons that I would love to try for (such as Never Ending, Rex, Troll just to name a few) but don't have time because I'm constantly trying for LTD's (limited time dragons, copyright! lol). I really could use a break :(

Hawk1
06-17-16, 10:26 AM
I have never bred a limited dragon, zero luck and it's kind of depressing to never breed a limited anything. Grrrrr
Since October there have been so many I would have liked on my island, but nothing except common fails :(

Kennedward
06-19-16, 05:38 AM
I have never bred a limited dragon, zero luck and it's kind of depressing to never breed a limited anything. Grrrrr
Since October there have been so many I would have liked on my island, but nothing except common fails :(

Same here, breeding those are really difficult for me

D_Raho
06-19-16, 01:44 PM
I used to do incredibly well breed limiteds. But after I hit the higher levels my luck dropped dramatically. Doubtless that is by design.

Kennedward
06-20-16, 06:27 AM
I used to do incredibly well breed limiteds. But after I hit the higher levels my luck dropped dramatically. Doubtless that is by design.

For me, I used to be very well with Diamonds

amerirish
06-20-16, 06:57 AM
Circuit is being impossible to breed :mad: Been trying on two dens since it came out.

kooky panda
06-20-16, 10:30 AM
circuit is being impossible to breed :mad: Been trying on two dens since it came out.
ditto!

AwesomeChefDad
06-20-16, 03:05 PM
Speaking of limited...

Anyone know of a combo with Mama and Papa? I noticed the Mama is ultra rare like Diamond group and it made me think that there might be a right heart left heart kind of thing coming up??

blackeneddove
06-25-16, 09:24 AM
Speaking of limited...

Anyone know of a combo with Mama and Papa? I noticed the Mama is ultra rare like Diamond group and it made me think that there might be a right heart left heart kind of thing coming up??

I sure hope not! :( That would be so mean. There are too many players that couldn't get Mama or Papa. If they did that, I think it would cause a lot more animosity toward the game for those who don't enjoy the LB.

I was fortunate (because I worked really hard & spent more gold than I care to admit) to get the Mama, but I couldn't win the flash tourney for the Papa. I was sad that my Mama had to stay a single mom (just like RL lol).

blackeneddove
06-25-16, 09:27 AM
Circuit is being impossible to breed :mad: Been trying on two dens since it came out.

I couldn't breed the Circuit either. :( Seems like the only people who got him were those who used Mask (black/pink) in the den, but I don't have any black/pinks. I did manage to get my first Super while trying! :D

CuteTali
06-25-16, 09:52 AM
I have also noticed a sharp decrease in my ability to breed limited time dragons in the past couple of months. Maybe they do it to force people to spend money, but not everyone can shell out money for every limited edition dragon :(

Kennedward
06-26-16, 08:12 AM
Still no luck for me on these limited dragons, I only get other common fails

Niire
06-26-16, 08:32 AM
I couldn't breed the Circuit either. :( Seems like the only people who got him were those who used Mask (black/pink) in the den, but I don't have any black/pinks. I did manage to get my first Super while trying! :D

I don't have a mask dragon, but I managed to breed circuit...I can't remember exactly what I used, but I THINK it was kitsune and night.

It is alot harder to breed dragons now because we only get a week and have those freaking island and higher timer fails. ><

amerirish
06-27-16, 10:55 AM
Well I can pretty much kiss Summer Solstice good bye as well. Same story; been trying on two dens but no luck. I'm NOT spending 400 gold for this guy :(

blackeneddove
06-27-16, 11:49 AM
I don't have a mask dragon, but I managed to breed circuit...I can't remember exactly what I used, but I THINK it was kitsune and night.

It is alot harder to breed dragons now because we only get a week and have those freaking island and higher timer fails. ><

Wow! That's awesome. Bring some luck my way lol... :D ;)

Kennedward
06-28-16, 06:10 AM
Well I can pretty much kiss Summer Solstice good bye as well. Same story; been trying on two dens but no luck. I'm NOT spending 400 gold for this guy :(

Same here

blackeneddove
06-28-16, 07:11 AM
Well, I just threw Divine & Rainbow in the den hoping for any rainbow hybrid (I don't have any yet except a newly bred Iris a couple weeks ago), or hoping for any other cool three-color dragon I don't have, or maybe even Summer Soltice.

Divine and Rainbow has 120 possible dragons, and there are a good 25 or so that I haven't bred yet.

So, out of 120 possibilities...guess which dragon fail I get?? Diamond.

My 5th one. :(

I really wish I could give this one away.

It just sucks because now I won't have time to try and breed anything else that is limited. :mad:
Plus, I haven't been able to breed any hybrids. Would it be so much to ask to at least get a Mercury?? *sadness*

AnglChk507
06-28-16, 11:39 AM
This game is ****ing the joy for breeding...once the breeding goes under what's going to keep the rest of the community from leaving? Making things impossible unless you buy it only... Yes some of us can afford a game built that way but doesnt make it fun none the less. We shall see what happens

DeeDe99
06-28-16, 08:13 PM
I'm getting very frustrated with the lack of breeding. Might have to consider moving on, I think. I like the tournaments, but I need the breeding for the game to be fun for me. Sick of my new dragons coming (pretty much only) from Tales, World Events, crafting etc.

Burrymillz
06-29-16, 05:43 AM
I'm getting very frustrated with the lack of breeding. Might have to consider moving on, I think. I like the tournaments, but I need the breeding for the game to be fun for me. Sick of my new dragons coming (pretty much only) from Tales, World Events, crafting etc.

I feel the same way I only get new dragons from the events

Kennedward
06-30-16, 08:31 AM
I feel the same way I only get new dragons from the events

Same here

Xyn25
06-30-16, 05:48 PM
Aaaand I got my 3rd Diamond from breeding Lollipop and Pixie, proving that for me it's easier to breed Diamond than Pride or any other rainbow hybrid. Oh well, at least it'll come in handy for the leaderboard event.