PDA

View Full Version : How to get dragon scales?

moinkmama
03-31-16, 01:13 PM
I need 10 dragon scales to craft the enchanted adamant bar for my tasks.....where do I get them? When I search the forum the only answer I found was from dragons, but I don't have any dragons yet (working in the incubating the egg task as well) and I have 4 in my inventory.

Thanks!

ShibuyaCloth
03-31-16, 02:10 PM
Only Dragons give scales.

moinkmama
03-31-16, 03:08 PM
So how did I get some without having a dragon? That's where I'm getting confused.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-16, 03:21 PM
You have to get a dragon! ... Go to Desert Sands for the ember and egg from the Forgotten Roost.
I know, laborious process but we all went through it. G'luck! :)

ETA: you may have some in inventory from a special event... I'm trying to remember if Xmas trees &/or rainbow pots may have given some when chopped...hmm.

twinkletoes12348
03-31-16, 04:31 PM
You have to get a dragon! ... Go to Desert Sands for the ember and egg from the Forgotten Roost.
I know, laborious process but we all went through it. G'luck! :)

ETA: you may have some in inventory from a special event... I'm trying to remember if Xmas trees &/or rainbow pots may have given some when chopped...hmm.

Monster hunt. I got my first few from one of the troll trades. Gold, I think it was.

moinkmama
03-31-16, 05:08 PM
Ah! That makes sense. Thank you all!!!

jodbir
10-09-16, 06:07 PM
i need 60 dragon scales for the baron royal pet and i just bought the dragon for 400 gems for this but i see wont get the 60 dragon scales in 2 dasu left i have, i dont get it

Shouna
08-03-18, 02:12 AM
I had got a dragon egg for ages. Where can I hatch it.

SpiritWind00
08-03-18, 02:34 AM
I had got a dragon egg for ages. Where can I hatch it.
You can make more in the Magic Forge.
Incubate Dragon Egg - 2 days - 1 dragon egg, 1 burning ember, 10 lumin essence

Lavenderdale
08-03-18, 12:30 PM
For any new players out there who just got their first dragon egg from the Forgotten Roost, the quest guide is here https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-New-CS-Main-Story-Goal-Guide&p=1358976&viewfull=1#post1358976

jesslc41
08-06-18, 09:41 PM
For any new players out there who just got their first dragon egg from the Forgotten Roost, the quest guide is here https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?94062-New-CS-Main-Story-Goal-Guide&p=1358976&viewfull=1#post1358976
That reminds me, I've been stuck on 6/10 volumes in goal 1 for forever! Starting to think that my library has turned into a dud. I know, I know... it's just a super rare drop, but maybe the 'power of the post' will get it going again. I can hope - I don't really have space to put out more libraries.

MoonVillage3
08-11-18, 03:28 PM
That reminds me, I've been stuck on 6/10 volumes in goal 1 for forever! Starting to think that my library has turned into a dud. I know, I know... it's just a super rare drop, but maybe the 'power of the post' will get it going again. I can hope - I don't really have space to put out more libraries.

This should be in the 'help me' thread.. but I'll answer quickly as I see you've not received help yet.
Spellbooks also drop from Old Thomas's house and quite a few of the adventures.
Have a look in the Hub to see if any can help you:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85513-Castle-Story-Adventure-Guide&p=1249731&viewfull=1#post1249731

Lavenderdale
08-11-18, 03:57 PM

actually, the same thing happened to me. They dropped pretty regularly at first. Then stopped at 8 of 10 bestiaries. The game says that higher level buildings will get more drops ... so I upgraded. To level 7. Still nothing. A few weeks ago I wanted a second library for an event. Not long after, the new library dropped a bestiary, and then the old one did. 10/10! HAH!

(a friend had trouble with her lorelei's fountain during monster hunts. gave it a time-out in inventory. When it came out, it behaved itself, lol.)

jesslc41
08-12-18, 08:01 AM
This should be in the 'help me' thread.. but I'll answer quickly as I see you've not received help yet.
Spellbooks also drop from Old Thomas's house and quite a few of the adventures.
Have a look in the Hub to see if any can help you:
https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85513-Castle-Story-Adventure-Guide&p=1249731&viewfull=1#post1249731
Thanks for trying to help but I'm after the beastiary volumes for the dragon egg quest line, not spellbooks. (Which is why it sort of relates to this thread - well it relates to Lavenderdale's post that I quoted, at least).

However, the magic of the forum post appears to have done something as I'm now up to 8/10. Two more volumes in less than a week is awesome given I was stuck on 6/10 for so many weeks. Just 2 more to go now. I could put out another library now that I've put away all those giant blooms but if this one is working again, maybe I won't have to.

MoonVillage3
08-12-18, 09:36 AM
Thanks for trying to help but I'm after the beastiary volumes for the dragon egg quest line, not spellbooks. (Which is why it sort of relates to this thread - well it relates to Lavenderdale's post that I quoted, at least).

However, the magic of the forum post appears to have done something as I'm now up to 8/10. Two more volumes in less than a week is awesome given I was stuck on 6/10 for so many weeks. Just 2 more to go now. I could put out another library now that I've put away all those giant blooms but if this one is working again, maybe I won't have to.
Sorry about that.. it wasn't clear in your first post you needed beastiaries.. I assumed spellbooks as you mentioned libraries.. now I understand.
Happy that the 'Power of the Post' worked for you and Good Luck! for your collection.

SpiritWind00
08-12-18, 02:15 PM
Please continue discussion in the correct thread. Closing this thread as it's now off topic and original question has been answered. For general questions, please use the Help Me thread. Thanks.