PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 3/31 Update - Search and Rescue, Part 2

sourp4tch
03-31-16, 12:00 PM
As we continue our search, we must remain focused! Zero in on our goal - to save our faerie friends! Alarming though this situation may be, we cannot let ourselves be distracted. Let us worry about suspicions and accusations later! Even now, we must be getting close... Another scouring of the Plume Hive should do the trick!

[==Update requires completion of Close Enough, and will be here to stay.==]

I've been playing a game! Have you figured out this week's answer? The answer is: AZALEA

sourp4tch
03-31-16, 12:00 PM
Search and Rescue, Part 2
prepared by SpiritWind

Main Storyline. Not timed.
Goal Pre-requisites: Must have completed the last goal called Close Enough from Search and Rescue, Part 1

Link to Search and Rescue, Part 1 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89381-Castle-Story-2-25-Update-Search-and-Rescue-Part-1)
Link to Main Goal Guide - for pictures:

Notes on Troll Training Grounds (TTG)
1. In part one we upgraded the TTG to Level 3. It's optional whether or not you upgrade the TTG to L5 as upgrading is not a goal of either story part. You can upgrade if and when you want to. Drops at all levels are the same.
2. You can have 2 TTGs as they are a resource building.
3. Be careful when in edit mode as it can be sold.

Help on where to get these items: from the Inventory Guide:
Troll essence
Found: trolls related buildings, adventures, excalibam, trolls, Glimmer Fountain, Gentleman Troll (Baron's Tent prize), Troll Training Ground

Mysterious venom
Found: magic garden, manticore, glimmer fountain, Poinsettia Manticore (Baron's tent)

Goals:
You make me a good enough Tracking Kit and we'll find those Faeries in no time.
1. The Tracking Trade
* Make Kaz a Tracking Kit 0/1 (skip 25 gems)
* Return to the Plume Hive 0/1 (skip 50 gems)
Rewards: 2050 coin, 8 xp
Notes: Envoy to the Plume Hive Adventure Requirement: 3 allergy potion, 5 smoked fish sandwich, 1 faerie offering

Just... go sit on that rock, or something. I don't want you... accidentally... messing up the trail.
2. Leave It to an Expert
* Search the Plume Hive 0/3 (skip 150 gems)
Rewards: 3450 coin, 11 xp
Notes: Search the Plume Hive (8 hrs) - 1 Tracker Kit, 5 Fey Crystal, 20 Faeries' Murmur (no coin, xp, items, gems, etc dropped from this adventure)
Congratulations screen: Hey, wake up! I picked up on somethin' over here.

You'd better make sure you say something if you find *anything* out of the ordinary, go it?
3. Mystery Magic
* Find the source 0/1 (skip 50 gems)
Clear through logs until you find something!
Reward: 2050 coin, 8 xp
Notes: max on the mystery magic source (which is the Thicket Trinket) is 5.
Congratulations screen:

I've got a better idea. Why don't *you* take it back to those witches, while *I* go back home? You know where to find me if you need anything else from me.
4. Trinket Tricks
* Meet with Ivy 0/3 (skip 30 gems)
* Consult with Lady Greselda 0/2 (skip 100 gems)
Congratulations screen: Come to my castle, Young Ruler. I think we may have deciphered the magic from that trinket!

I hope we're getting close to finding the Faeries! There's no telling what could be happening to them at this very moment...
5. Spelling an Anti-Spell
* Craft the Thicket Enchantment 0/1 (make)
Rewards: 3450 coin, 11 xp
Notes: Thicket Enchantment: Potion Shop - 4 hours - 1 Thicket Trinket, 50 Glimmer Shards, 50 Living Wood
Congratulations screen: Alright, it's ready! Now all we need is a sword...

My Liege, it is an honor to lend the swift and decisive edge of mine blade to your most noble cause!
6. A Most Noble Quest
* Provide Sir Thurston with a sword 0/1 (give) (skip 3 gems)
* Use the Thicket Enchantment 0/1 (give)
Rewards: 450 coins, 3xp, Thicket Blade
Notes: The sword in the first goal is a longsword
Congratulations screen: With this mighty blade, no foul brush will stand in the way of victory!!!

Worry not, My Liege! With this empowered Thicket Blade, I will make quick work of that wicked, enchanted bramble!
7. Shrub Slayer
* Clear through dead trees 0/1 (go)
(Keep searching until you find something!)
Notes: it should only take 1-2 dead trees to find Azalea. She is now back in Inventory again :)
Congratulations screen: EEK!!! ...Oh, it's you guys! Thank goodness!!!

You're right that I'm not in the best condition for a search party right now. But I'd sooner let that Ivy put me in a jar than leave Queen Ivinea and Lila's safety to you!
8. The First Flighty Faerie
* Have a Level 5 Faerie Bulb
* Help Azalea recover 0/5 (skip 50 gems) (visit a level 5 Faerie Bulb)
Reward: 450 coins, 3 xp
Notes:
Congratulations screen: I'm feeling much better now. Okay, here's what I know about our captor...

Items to add to the Inventory Guide: DONE
Tracking Kit
Crafted: Magic Forge
Uses: item in adventure
Requirements: 20 Troll Essence, 25 Boar Pelt, 10 Mysterious Venom
Collection time: 8 hours
Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90379-Castle-Story-3-31-Update-Search-and-Rescue-Part-2)

Thicket Blade
Found: reward from completing goal 6. A Most Noble Quest
Uses: to cut through thickets
Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90379-Castle-Story-3-31-Update-Search-and-Rescue-Part-2)

Thicket Trinket
Found: during goal by chopping old logs
Uses: item in Thicket Enchantment

To transfer to the Adventure Guide: DONE
Search the Plume Hive
Adventure Requirement: 1 Tracker Kit, 5 Fey Crystals and 20 Faeries Murmur

Tracker Kit - 8 hours - 20 Troll Essence, 25 Boar Pelt, 10 Mysterious Venom
Speed Up: 32 gems
Goal Name: Leave it to an Expert
Thread: Search and Rescue, Part 2 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90379-Castle-Story-3-31-Update-Search-and-Rescue-Part-2)
Notes of goal:
* This adventure does not return any items.

kdgulle
03-31-16, 12:08 PM
Adventure to the plume hive,
Make Kaz a tracking kit, I know you need 25 boar pelt and 20 troll essence can't remember the other one you need 20 of
Tracking kit takes 8 hours in the forge.

aaaqqw
03-31-16, 12:10 PM
The tracking kit takes 20 Troll Essence, 25 Boar Pelt and 10 Mysterious Venom. 8 hours in the magic forge.

88silver
03-31-16, 12:10 PM
Tracking Kit (Magic Forge)
- Troll Essence x20
- Boar Pelt x25
- Mysterious Venom x10
8 hours to craft

totalwasteoftime
03-31-16, 12:11 PM
The other item is the green bottle with skull and crossbones on it...yes! Mysterious venom! (Just saw the post from a minute earlier)

88silver
03-31-16, 12:19 PM
1. The Tracking Trade
- Make Kaz a Tracking Kit (x1)
(Magic Forge, 8 hrs. Troll Essence x20, Boar Pelt x25, Mysterious Venom x10)
- Return to the Plume Hive (x1)
Reward: 2,050 coins, 8XP

xanethi
03-31-16, 12:26 PM
Nice surprise with an update today :)

paisdelasmaravillas
03-31-16, 12:41 PM
Pics of the first quest
And the Tracking kit

coolssp
03-31-16, 12:58 PM
Wasn't excepting any update this week, what a pleasant surprise:)

Julie0176
03-31-16, 01:10 PM
So will we need to go again? Wondering whether to get a head start on crafting another Tracker Kit as I have all the parts.

gilachaya
03-31-16, 01:30 PM
So will we need to go again? Wondering whether to get a head start on crafting another Tracker Kit as I have all the parts.

I skipped ahead. The next step is to Search to the Plume Hive 3 times. Skip is 150 gems.

Each search uses 1 Tracker Kit, 5 Fey Crystals and 20 Faries Murmurs.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-16, 01:41 PM
I skipped ahead. The next step is to Search to the Plume Hive 3 times. Skip is 150 gems.

Each search uses 1 Tracker Kit, 5 Fey Crystals and 20 Faries Murmurs.
YIKES!! ...we need another monster hunt soon for more pelts for those Tracker Kits, cuz I need a bigger reason to slay my parked troll, LOL.

ktorewqas
03-31-16, 01:49 PM

Each search uses 1 Tracker Kit, 5 Fey Crystals and 20 Faries Murmurs. so we will need 100 boar pelts ...

PrincessCupOButter
03-31-16, 01:52 PM
YIKES!! ...we need another monster hunt soon for more pelts for those Tracker Kits, cuz I need a bigger reason to slay my parked troll, LOL.

Yes, and the boars already sense something is up. I had to park a troll during the egg hunt, just to be able to collect...now that he's gone, the boars have all but disappeared. I sent the barracks knights to the feral lands to see if they can find any. Hopefully they will return with many pelts.

sugarpinch
03-31-16, 02:06 PM
Can we start our trip to the plume hive before the tracker is finished?

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-16, 02:22 PM
Yes, and the boars already sense something is up. I had to park a troll during the egg hunt, just to be able to collect...now that he's gone, the boars have all but disappeared. I sent the barracks knights to the feral lands to see if they can find any. Hopefully they will return with many pelts.
I just did the same, otherwise I'll be 1 pelt short, lol.

Can we start our trip to the plume hive before the tracker is finished?
Yes, it's the collection of the adventure that counts, not the sending off (at least for that first one, dunno about the next 3 yet). :)

ktorewqas
03-31-16, 02:25 PM
I am going to listen to music from the movie "**** bill (boar)" while playing CS ;)

Seriously700
03-31-16, 02:56 PM
Oops. I'm so careful about letting inventory get low on random drop items but I had no idea my troll essence supply was so low. I collect from my troll items regularly, but I'm always making armor to use up my excess silver and iron. I guess this one will take me a while.

carebear8724
03-31-16, 03:34 PM
So it's not the regular "Envoy to the Plume Hive", with the sandwiches and baubles? I don't see a new adventure in my barracks so I guess this one is castle adventures only.

gilachaya
03-31-16, 05:08 PM
It's only 8 hours for this quest.

candie1230
03-31-16, 06:20 PM
Ugh, why so much troll essence????? I'm still upgrading my troll training grounds. I still need 15 troll clubs. This is sooooooo gonna take forever!!!

ladyperidot
03-31-16, 06:23 PM

Guess it's time to let "Fred" take a vacation and start planting strawberries again. Here piggy, piggy, piggy!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-31-16, 07:06 PM
Guess it's time to let "Fred" take a vacation and start planting strawberries again. Here piggy, piggy, piggy!
Noooooooooooo, lol. I like gathering my strawberries boar-free, tyvm, lol.:wink:
Seriously, I only like to battle monsters during Monster Hunting Seasons... Otherwise, I befriend a diff one as a temporary pet, depending on my mood. And right now, it's a green troll, as a remnant from St. Patrick's, lol.

So yeah, this one might take me awhile but considering it's core story, I'm perfectly happy with that. :)

ShibuyaCloth
03-31-16, 10:32 PM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50531.png_2v_31020.png
Tracking Kit (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_TrackingKit)
Info: A kit with all the tools a Troll needs to track.
Type: Material
Source: Quest
Requirements: 25 gems // 20 Troll Essence, 25 Boar Pelt, 10 Mysterious Venom
Cap: 5 (6)
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90379

Happy hoarding, this will be intensive boar hunting

vuvhappy
04-01-16, 06:39 AM
What about the troll essence I have only 35 I search every troll ..... Any other suggestions how to get it??

roguebee
04-01-16, 07:09 AM
I have a troll neighborhood in my kingdom where all the different resource options are placed (swampy pond, castle, Kaz's house, vault, pit, etc). I usually make a collection round a couple of times a day and have stayed maxed on troll essence. I've collected 4 since yesterday's crafting of the first Tracker Kit. Sometimes the boars will give you the essence. (Have to wonder how the boars got them and the tusks in the first place...)

ktorewqas
04-01-16, 07:31 AM
Troll Essenes are easy to get. The training ground, glimmer fountain lvl 5, the swamp pond all have a chance to drop them. The glimmer fountain also drops mysterious venom.

55lee55
04-01-16, 07:37 AM
It's only 8 hours for this quest.

What is only 8 hours? I just got sent on the only Adventure to the Plum Hive I have in my castle and it is 22 hours. Am I missing something?

The Tracking Kit takes 8 hours to make in the forge. Is that what you are talking about?

Glad to see we are back to the storyline.

armerfarmer
04-01-16, 09:31 AM
What is only 8 hours? I just got sent on the only Adventure to the Plum Hive I have in my castle and it is 22 hours. Am I missing something?

The Tracking Kit takes 8 hours to make in the forge. Is that what you are talking about?

Glad to see we are back to the storyline.

I think gilachaya is referring to the second goal Search for the Plum Hive (3 times)
Guess it will only show up in the castle after goal 1 is completed

ktorewqas
04-01-16, 10:22 AM
I think gilachaya is referring to the second goal Search for the Plum Hive (3 times)
Guess it will only show up in the castle after goal 1 is completed
Wow, 8 hours to search for plum hive 3 times. I think gilachaya means the adventure is 8 hrs. I will find it out soon.

kdgulle
04-01-16, 10:39 AM
Yes the adventure you need to do to the plume hive is 8 hours. You need to go 3 times.

paisdelasmaravillas
04-01-16, 10:51 AM
To clarify...
The pics of the second goal
One image is better....

dragongold1
04-01-16, 11:50 AM
Next goal is visit lady greselda's castle 2x and ivy's hut 3 times

following goal craft a thicket enchantment 4 hours at potion shop 1 trinket 50 glimmer shards 50 living wood

dragongold1
04-01-16, 12:47 PM
Next goal is give a sword to thurston and use the thicket enchantment on it

Next goal chop dead trees until find something

Next goal have level 5 fairiebulb and visit 5 times

CeceGma
04-01-16, 04:24 PM
In part one I upgraded the Troll Training Grounds to Level 3. We're we supposed to go ahead to Level 5 or will that be completed in Part Two?

SpiritWind00
04-01-16, 06:20 PM
In part one I upgraded the Troll Training Grounds to Level 3. We're we supposed to go ahead to Level 5 or will that be completed in Part Two?

It's optional and not part of either story part. You can upgrade if and when you want and you can also get a second one if you want to. Drops at all levels are the same. :)

88silver
04-01-16, 07:30 PM
I've done the first "search the plume hive" 8hr adventure and it didn't drop a single thing!

danzplace
04-01-16, 08:03 PM
Neither did mine.

55lee55
04-01-16, 10:08 PM
I made the Tracker Kit and when it was done I clicked on the search the Plum Hive, but mine is taking 22 hours. My barracks shows a 2 day adventure. Since this is a storyline quest I am not going to stress about it even if it does take 22 hours. I am in no rush and just glad to be back on a non-timed storyline quest. Maybe my game wasn't fully updated like I thought it was, but I will catch up eventually. That is the good thing about storyline quests. No pressure and eventually everyone will get there. I have plenty of time to battle direboars to keep my pelt numbers up, and I conveniently finished getting the Glimmeregg rabbit just before the update came on line. Glad to see Kaz is back!

Castloninian
04-01-16, 10:16 PM
I made the Tracker Kit and when it was done I clicked on the search the Plum Hive, but mine is taking 22 hours. My barracks shows a 2 day adventure. Since this is a storyline quest I am not going to stress about it even if it does take 22 hours. I am in no rush and just glad to be back on a non-timed storyline quest. Maybe my game wasn't fully updated like I thought it was, but I will catch up eventually. That is the good thing about storyline quests. No pressure and eventually everyone will get there. I have plenty of time to battle direboars to keep my pelt numbers up, and I conveniently finished getting the Glimmeregg rabbit just before the update came on line. Glad to see Kaz is back!

After completing a first normal 22 hour adventure a new 8-hr one comes up which requires the tracking kit and the other two items. You need to do this 8-hr one three times and as far as I can tell you get nothing from this adventure (no gems, energy or items).

+ the new 8 hr adv is NOT in the barracks, only the castle.... SW

55lee55
04-01-16, 11:06 PM
After completing a first normal 22 hour adventure a new 8-hr one comes up which requires the tracking kit and the other two items. You need to do this 8-hr one three times and as far as I can tell you get nothing from this adventure (no gems, energy or items).

+ the new 8 hr adv is NOT in the barracks, only the castle.... SW

Thanks for clarifying. I appreciate it.

Thanks to the folks who skipped ahead and reported it to us! That is a big help.

coolssp
04-02-16, 01:25 AM

The 8 hour adventure is triggered on only after you've collected from normal plum hive adventure. You can make the kit beforehand :) I made 4 so that I'll have one spare for my inventory

ShibuyaCloth
04-02-16, 01:58 AM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb20086.png_2v_31020.png
Search the Plume Hive
Type: Adventure
Crafted in: Keep
Requirements: 1 Tracker Kit, 5 Fey Crystal, 20 Faeries' Murmur
Timer: 480 minutes // 8 hours
Speed-up: 44 gems

jessiefromshimerville
04-02-16, 03:10 AM
Ditto for me. My plum hive is taking 22 hours. PS. Thanks for bringing back the glimmer egg ability. We are a fickle lot. One minute we complaint about decorations and the next minute we complain about not being able to make more. I went to the app Store and saw that I could update the game, which I did. My second adventure is now 8 hours instead of 22. It's a big bummer that my first trip to the plum give did not register. I used the tracker and fairie stuff so now I am stuck collecting material for a 4th adventure.

ktorewqas
04-02-16, 03:26 AM
The new adventure gives nothing :eek: tons of materials used and nothing at all :(

roguebee
04-02-16, 07:00 AM
deleted.

88silver
04-02-16, 07:40 AM
2. Leave It to an Expert
* Search the Plume Hive 0/3 (skip 150 gems)
Rewards: 3,450 coin, 11 xp
Notes: Search the Plume Hive (8 hrs) Requirement: 1 Tracker Kit, 5 Fey Crystal, 20 Faeries' Murmur (no coin, xp, items, gems, etc dropped from this adventure)

kdgulle
04-02-16, 09:04 AM
The new adventure gives nothing :eek: tons of materials used and nothing at all :(
Yea I was surprised we don't get anything either but then it says search so I'm guessing the knights aren't finding what we need them to be looking for. That's why they come back empty handed.

ktorewqas
04-02-16, 09:31 AM
Yea I was surprised we don't get anything either but then it says search so I'm guessing the knights aren't finding what we need them to be looking for. That's why they come back empty handed.i was hoping that they could bring anything back even it's a piece of wood ;)

ShibuyaCloth
04-02-16, 11:25 AM
i was hoping that they could bring anything back even it's a piece of wood ;)

Kaz is not a big friend of the butterflies. If he could get a barrel of good Glimmer Ale back, I am sure he would reward us with plenty of awesome stuff.

CeceGma
04-02-16, 01:05 PM
After the 3rd visit to the Plume Hive I have to search through old logs for something Kaz found. I was expecting to visit Griselda's Castle.

After chopping about 5 logs I got the Thicket Trinket. Now on to Griselda's and Ivy's hut.

ashoxo
04-02-16, 01:20 PM
I also had to chop old logs as the next goal after searching plume hive and was coming here to say the same.. Took me only about 4 (might've been five, didn't take long at all) to chop and I received the thicket trinket. After the old logs then it goes on to the next goal to visit lady Griselda twice and ivy's hut three times.

dragongold1
04-02-16, 01:39 PM
now that it was mention i did forget about the step with chopping dead logs but all the other steps are in order and next

PrincessCupOButter
04-02-16, 02:56 PM
I noticed that the thicket trinket info has a limit of 5 listed. Has anyone found an extra one after the goal ended?
Part of me wants to keep chopping logs to try to find a souvenir. :rolleyes:

88silver
04-02-16, 03:06 PM
3. Mystery Magic
* Find the source 0/1 (50 gem skip)
Clear through logs until you find something!
Reward: 2050 coins, 8xp

88silver
04-02-16, 03:14 PM
4. Trinket Tricks
* Visit Ivy x3
* Visit Greselda x2
Reward: 2020 coins, 8 XP

SpiritWind00
04-02-16, 03:32 PM
Thank you 88silver for posting in the same format I use! It does make editing so much easier on my device. I really appreciate it :):):):):):):):):) I'll update post 1 shortly.

kdgulle
04-02-16, 04:07 PM
Question I'm still on the glimmer fortune I'm not chopping the logs all the way so I can keep the fortune. Do you have to chop the logs all the way? Also I bought 6 logs and my game reset and I can't sell the logs after chopping them twice after the game reset has anyone else experiencing this?
When I buy a log chop it twice the game resets and I can't sell the log is this new because of the fortune tent?

Elen4070
04-02-16, 05:40 PM
Man I'm seriously lacking in troll essence

SpiritWind00
04-02-16, 05:42 PM
Question I'm still on the glimmer fortune I'm not chopping the logs all the way so I can keep the fortune. Do you have to chop the logs all the way? Also I bought 6 logs and my game reset and I can't sell the logs after chopping them twice after the game reset has anyone else experiencing this?
When I buy a log chop it twice the game resets and I can't sell the log is this new because of the fortune tent?

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89582-Cannot-sell-purchased-logs-rocks-etc

This thread is the one I've sent thru to S8. This issue is still being investigated. Hopefully we will find out soon :)

kdgulle
04-02-16, 06:20 PM
Thanks spirit wind I'll read that and decide what I want to do.

coolssp
04-02-16, 11:02 PM
Can't get boars to appear now that I want to rebuild my pelt inventory. Strange isn't it ;) And no, I don't have any monsters lurking and I've been harvesting strawberry and cocco and collecting from know building:) Anyone else having similar issue?

Spelletje1
04-02-16, 11:30 PM
Thank you 88silver for posting in the same format I use! It does make editing so much easier on my device. I really appreciate it :):):):):):):):):) I'll update post 1 shortly.

I am at task 4 and maybe useful to know is that the option to make a Tracking Kit is gone from the Magic Force so we don't need more to make. I have one left over for the next task.

ShibuyaCloth
04-03-16, 01:27 AM
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50532.png_2v_31020.png
Thicket Trinket (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ThicketTrinket)
Info: This strange neckleace once held some kind of magic. There's still some traces of it inside!
Found: Old Log
Cap: 5

katbtodd
04-03-16, 02:08 AM

You don't have to finish chopping the logs.. I got my trinket on the second chop , it have a limit of 5 trinkets I was hoping more then one would drop , and I chopped extra long

coolssp
04-03-16, 02:33 AM
Info: This strange neckleace once held some kind of magic. There's still some traces of it inside!

If the cap is 5, I'm assuming you can get more if you keep chopping old logs. Can anyone confirm? I got the trinket from the second log and have chopped 3 more logs since... But no souvenir yet...

my2place
04-03-16, 04:38 AM
Can't get boars to appear now that I want to rebuild my pelt inventory. Strange isn't it ;) And no, I don't have any monsters lurking and I've been harvesting strawberry and cocco and collecting from know building:) Anyone else having similar issue?
Yes, same here. I've spawned only one dire boar since we've needed the pelts

ShibuyaCloth
04-03-16, 05:01 AM
If the cap is 5, I'm assuming you can get more if you keep chopping old logs. Can anyone confirm? I got the trinket from the second log and have chopped 3 more logs since... But no souvenir yet...

Same here, not been able to get a second one. As we will need this one, I am inclined to continue shopping logs to find more. So far after a dozen extra, nothing. Need to wait I have an Ali ready.

I have still a reasonable spawn rate of Boars, no differences here. Also I tend to only harvest from selected sources as I only need some selected sources ATM.

MiniLaura
04-03-16, 05:03 AM
I got two trinkets from the first log I chopped. I've chopped a few more logs since and haven't gotten another.

kdgulle
04-03-16, 07:14 AM
You don't have to finish chopping the logs.. I got my trinket on the second chop , it have a limit of 5 trinkets I was hoping more then one would drop , and I chopped extra long
Yea the problem is filling up my kingdom with logs that take up room. So far I've done 8 logs chopped twice. I have so many logs hidden that we couldn't sell.

I've done about 12 logs and nothing yet it's very random. If I chop my final log I'll see if I can find more.

dragongold1
04-03-16, 07:27 AM
no new goal popped up after visit 5 level 5 fairiebulb

55lee55
04-03-16, 07:28 AM
I got the trinket on the first chop of the log but found no more when I finished so haven't bought or chopped any new logs.

I am also tripping over direboars so not noticing a shortage there. I rarely get anything from the Baron's tent but I did pick up the troll with the umbrella when he was available and I find he drops a lot of helpful troll items. Plus he has a high amusement value.

starcontrol
04-03-16, 02:02 PM
I just chopped another 48 logs trying to get a second trinket with no success. I'm guessing it is not possible. Also, I can't recall anyone getting multiple copies of the other clues and this is sort of a clue.

jessiefromshimerville
04-03-16, 02:31 PM
The new adventure should give you credit for the search.

Lucinda1989
04-03-16, 03:51 PM
You have to go three times.

iamvan2
04-03-16, 05:06 PM
Is there going to be a Search and Rescue Part 3?

eastie41
04-03-16, 06:18 PM
I just chopped another 48 logs trying to get a second trinket with no success. I'm guessing it is not possible. Also, I can't recall anyone getting multiple copies of the other clues and this is sort of a clue.

Hi, I've done about 25 additional logs and decided to come here to see if anyone has had a second thicket trinket drop. The max is set at 5, so that's why I thought we may be able to collect more.

88silver
04-03-16, 08:13 PM
5. Spelling an Anti-Spell
* Craft the Thicket Enchantment x1 (no skip)
Rewards: 3450 coins, 11xp
Thicket Enchantment: Potion Shop, 4 hours. Thicket Trinket x1, Glimmer Shards x50, Living Wood x50.

thanks! added to post 1 SW

ETA: If someone wants a 2nd trinket, it can be purchased in the Potion Shop for 50 gems.

88silver
04-04-16, 05:26 AM
6. A Most Noble Quest
* Provide Sir Thurston with a sword (this is a standard longsword from the forge)
* Use the Thicket Enchantment (Give)
Rewards: 450 coins, 3xp, Thicket Blade

88silver
04-04-16, 05:32 AM
7. Shrub Slayer
* Clear through dead trees
Reward: 2050 coins, 8 xp

88silver
04-04-16, 05:40 AM
8. The First Flighty Faerie
* Have a level 5 Faerie Bulb
* Help Azalea recover (visit lvl 5 bulb 5 times)
Reward: 450 coins, 3 xp

Jinc4
04-04-16, 01:38 PM
7. Shrub Slayer
* Clear through dead trees
Reward: 2050 coins, 8 xp

Does anyone know what the 'something' is and how many chops of dead trees it took?

88silver
04-04-16, 01:49 PM
Does anyone know what the 'something' is and how many chops of dead trees it took?

You find Azalea hiding in the dead trees. It took me something like 7 chops to find her, I think? She's in my inventory now. :)

Jinc4
04-04-16, 01:52 PM
You find Azalea hiding in the dead trees. It took me something like 7 chops to find her, I think? She's in my inventory now. :)

Excellent! Hopefully I'll be finding her in a few minutes!!

katbtodd
04-04-16, 03:20 PM

My second chop on my first tree

katbtodd
04-05-16, 05:17 AM
Once you collect from the level 5 faerie bulb for the 5th time .it just ends ..so there going to be a part 3 to this

55lee55
04-05-16, 06:45 AM
Once you collect from the level 5 faerie bulb for the 5th time .it just ends ..so there going to be a part 3 to this

That seems quite abrupt. You must be right that it will continue. There was a lot of chopping at the edge of the brush. Do you think there will be something hidden in the next expansions like they used to do early on on the game, when the story took geography into account? I hope we get expansions soon because once again my kingdom is getting quite crowded. I was glad to see a return to the storyline. Looking forward to Part 3.

katbtodd
04-05-16, 08:41 AM
That seems quite abrupt. You must be right that it will continue. There was a lot of chopping at the edge of the brush. Do you think there will be something hidden in the next expansions like they used to do early on on the game, when the story took geography into account? I hope we get expansions soon because once again my kingdom is getting quite crowded. I was glad to see a return to the storyline. Looking forward to Part 3.

Yes we need more land..yes it was abrupt

sniffanddig
04-05-16, 12:15 PM
How do I get the troll training ground? I'm on level 50 and iOS, how have I missed this.

StoryPlayer67
04-05-16, 12:37 PM
I have never received part one part two's new update with Katz. I play every day but I did not get this goal. I did see it on some other boards but I did not know what it was all so I have a I OS so I should have it and I am still chopping rocks trees and flowers searching for the glimmerwood private investigators and believe me I have chopped a lot of rocks and trees and checked a lot of flowers during this Easter egg hunt and still have not got the third finding can you tell me why I never received the part one of this update? This update does this have something to do with it because it does say that it is blocked by a goal but I have to receive the first one in order to get to 2. My farieblub was at a level 5 and I went on many adventures but nothing ever happened to the bulb and I still only receive money from it. No drops if there is any. I looked at the link and it didn't have anything to do with the private investigators and part one so I'm not sure what's going on and I am unable to participate in this quest due to never reciveing the first half.......is this a goal that has to be done in A timely manner ? Can you see what is going on and let you know why I have not gotten this far that's I have spent plenty energy enough to find the third part of the private investigator and because all I did was chop rocks, trees, and flowers during the Easter hunt. thank you very much.

kdgulle
04-05-16, 12:53 PM
I have never received part one part two's new update with Katz. I play every day but I did not get this goal. I did see it on some other boards but I did not know what it was all so I have a I OS so I should have it and I am still chopping rocks trees and flowers searching for the glimmerwood private investigators and believe me I have chopped a lot of rocks and trees and checked a lot of flowers during this Easter egg hunt and still have not got the third finding can you tell me why I never received the part one of this update? This update does this have something to do with it because it does say that it is blocked by a goal but I have to receive the first one in order to get to 2. My farieblub was at a level 5 and I went on many adventures but nothing ever happened to the bulb and I still only receive money from it. No drops if there is any. I looked at the link and it didn't have anything to do with the private investigators and part one so I'm not sure what's going on and I am unable to participate in this quest due to never reciveing the first half.......is this a goal that has to be done in A timely manner ? Can you see what is going on and let you know why I have not gotten this far that's I have spent plenty energy enough to find the third part of the private investigator and because all I did was chop rocks, trees, and flowers during the Easter hunt. thank you very much.

This is a core storyline, so it actually depends where your at with the main story. This comes after you build the troll trading grounds quest if you're not there then you have aways to go. This quest does not depend on your operating system but where you're at in the game. Hope this helps

kdgulle
04-05-16, 12:54 PM
How do I get the troll training ground? I'm on level 50 and iOS, how have I missed this. have you done the fairy bulb yet, if so that's the quest you will follow to get the troll training grounds,

yummy_bistro
04-05-16, 08:30 PM
I am on lv 23, don;t see this goal hit up yet? What is the min level for this to show up?

thx

ShibuyaCloth
04-06-16, 12:38 PM
I am on lv 23, don;t see this goal hit up yet? What is the min level for this to show up?

thx

Not level linked, main story line. So you better follow the main plot. At level 23 your still a looooong way before you get this one. On this account (level 50) I am still not there.

ShibuyaCloth
04-06-16, 01:04 PM
All new items for this part of the story line:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50531.png_2v_31020.png
Tracking Kit (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_TrackingKit)
Info: A kit with all the tools a Troll needs to track.
Requirements: 25 gems // 20 Troll Essence, 25 Boar Pelt, 10 Mysterious Venom
Cap: 5 (6)

Requirements: 50 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50533.png_2v_31020.png
Thicket Enchantment (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ThicketEnchantment)
Info: A counter-enchantment that will enable a blade ti cut through the toughest of debris.
Crafted in: Potion Shop
Requirements: 1 Thicket Trinket, 50 Glimmer Shards, 50 Living Wood
Timer: 240 minutes // 4 hours
Speed-up: 16 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50534.png_2v_31020.png
Thicket Blade (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_ThicketBlade)
Info: Imbued with the Thicket Enchantment, no mere plant can stand in this sword's way!
Requirements: 1 Longsword, 1 Thicket Enchantment

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50125.png_2v_31020.png
Azalea (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_Azalea)
Info: A distingueshed Faerie from the Glimmerwood clan of Faeries.
Found: Dead Tree
Cap: 1

yummy_bistro
04-06-16, 07:16 PM
Not level linked, main story line. So you better follow the main plot. At level 23 your still a looooong way before you get this one. On this account (level 50) I am still not there.

oh a long way to go .... thx for your heads up lol

newpam575
04-16-16, 03:22 PM
Do to hoarding I am still working on this goal. Did anyone find more than one trinket while chopping logs?

DragonWished
04-19-16, 08:08 PM

Phew. The abrupt ending was a bit of a letdown. Hopefully the tale picks up again soon.

I've achieved that dubious distinction of having no goals. :-D

roguebee
04-19-16, 08:58 PM
Phew. The abrupt ending was a bit of a letdown. Hopefully the tale picks up again soon.

Congrats on achieving Castle Story: Unofficial Goals #13, Quest-less.

katbtodd
04-20-16, 04:33 AM

No goals here either wishing monster mash lasted until update day,,, to keep us busy

transberry
05-03-16, 03:48 AM

I have extras of all the clues so far

KadeeDid
05-08-16, 01:38 PM
I collected for the 5th time and the fairy said, "this is what I found out." or something like that and then it disappeared before I could see anything else. Is that it? I was so excited to collect the last time and nada. Was there a prize? I do not see anything new at all in my inventory and the goal is gone. All I have left is the Stable one (mitts)

NorthWoodsKingdom
05-09-16, 09:00 AM
I collected for the 5th time and the fairy said, "this is what I found out." or something like that and then it disappeared before I could see anything else. Is that it? I was so excited to collect the last time and nada. Was there a prize? I do not see anything new at all in my inventory and the goal is gone. All I have left is the Stable one (mitts)
Nope, no prize or anything else; that's it until Part 3 is released & we find out what happens next. We're all left hanging til then, lol.

gfp60
06-14-16, 05:46 AM
Does anyone know why Azalea can't be removed from inventory?

jewelsagain
06-14-16, 06:27 AM
Where can I find more troll essence? No more trolls to fight & when I fight the troll from the sparing pit he never gives troll essence. Please help

gfp60
06-14-16, 07:24 AM
Where can I find more troll essence? No more trolls to fight & when I fight the troll from the sparing pit he never gives troll essence. Please help

Try the swampy pond.

jewelsagain
06-14-16, 09:53 AM
2 dips in the swampy pond & still no luck. How am I suppose to complete this goal?

gfp60
06-14-16, 12:39 PM
Sorry, have you tried the troll pit?

SpiritWind00
06-14-16, 02:11 PM
Check out the Inventory Guide:) link below... I think the troll training grounds are a great source.

gfp60
06-14-16, 06:27 PM

Anyone?

SpiritWind00
06-14-16, 07:57 PM
I imagine she is there until the storyline resolves with Lila and Queen Ivinea. She must be having a lovely time rummaging around in our tardis-like storage area don't you think!

gfp60
06-15-16, 11:31 AM
I imagine she is there until the storyline resolves with Lila and Queen Ivinea. She must be having a lovely time rummaging around in our tardis-like storage area don't you think!

Thank you! I was a bit flummoxed! And yes, I'm sure she is! :)