PDA

View Full Version : Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

dangerb0y
04-03-16, 09:22 AM
Dear All ★

I think TL/S8 is trying to find out whether we will turn savage over this event or if we would salvage whatever we could to get the prize! They are perhaps, trying to find what our spending limits, how willing are we to part with our gold/monies should they do another leaders' event.

Now I worry for the next event.. how would TL/S8 pair up the members in each team? Are they based on level or spending power?

Could TL/S8 to clarify on these.. Ty:p

Dragon Story: Lord of the Flies edition

TeasTeas
04-03-16, 09:29 AM

This made me chuckle!
::facepalm giggle::

Jennerwein1
04-03-16, 09:30 AM

Ha ha ha! And sad.

Hawk1
04-03-16, 09:47 AM

Best comment about this event..clap clap clap

ladymakay
04-03-16, 09:51 AM
S8 , I'm calling it out! A lvl 41 player who's been in 18th the entire time with 90ish points jumps to 2000s in a matter of minutes, literally. No boost, No fountain, No eggs in the nest, ever. NO breeding, quest post glowing, and just minutes ago I watched the points jump again , once again, NOTHING at play on their island, and hasn't been! This isn't a *****ing player using hackpacks, this isn't a player spending enormous amounts of Gold, THIS isn't a PLAYER at all, can't be! For the love of Pete, give me a plausible explication. I'm waiting. .....

Hawk1
04-03-16, 09:53 AM
From day 1 I didn't like this event and nothing has changed, and it appears that a lot of you agree that this type of event was not what you signed up for when you started playing DS. Really hope S8 takes into consideration how many customers they could possibly lose if they continue down this path.

ashanthya
04-03-16, 09:54 AM
What have we learned from this?

1. People with a 2nd breeding den (the gold-costing roost) should be in a separate group from those without.
2. People should only be grouped with others who have the same number of nests.
3. People who spend money should only be grouped with people who spend a like amount of money.

For example: All people who spends $50-60US a year with no 2nd den and 2 nests should be in the same group.

This encourages those that spend a lot to spend more and doesn't depress/upset those who can't.

TeasTeas
04-03-16, 10:02 AM
S8 , I'm calling it out! A lvl 41 player who's been in 18th the entire time with 90ish points jumps to 2000s in a matter of minutes, literally. No boost, No fountain, No eggs in the nest, ever. NO breeding, quest post glowing, and just minutes ago I watched the points jump again , once again, NOTHING at play on their island, and hasn't been! This isn't a *****ing player using hackpacks, this isn't a player spending enormous amounts of Gold, THIS isn't a PLAYER at all, can't be! For the love of Pete, give me a plausible explication. I'm waiting. .....

Take photos or cam it if possible. Same advice to anyone else. Get em'. Their certainly doing it out there.. No offense to actual gold spenders but the slanted eye at what is happening needs to be fully transparent. Feel extra bad for those spending gold and also being nefarious. . doh.
To those honest players.. this obviously doesn't include you so don't take offense please.
This event has created transparency to find ones that are.
Get on the ball guys.. yes.. " for the love of pete ".

TeasTeas
04-03-16, 10:05 AM
Honestly I don't have an issue with players spending any amount of gold, as long as it's an actual player and not a ghost opponent ! I've dismissed the notion in the past but after what I've just witnessed, I can say with confidence that there's phantoms at play

Could also be someone thinking their being 'cute' with an account they dont care about and or testing something they should not be.. either way..

sleepygs
04-03-16, 10:17 AM
So I've gone through some ups and downs with this event. Leaderboard events caused me to quit the main game I used to play, and ironically, caused me to come over to BS and then DS. However, my group is actually reasonable, I'm not going to win, but no one is over 3k points either. What caused me to hang in here and try was the individual prizes- so I could participate, but not necessarily worry about my rank...

That is, until I realized that there is no way I'm getting to even the pi?ata dragon! I've been doing all I can-even got lucky and hatched a super rare, but I'm not even half way to the FIRST dragon prize? That doesn't seem right at all, especially given how much more points are needed for the others. So what's the point!?!? (Also, I swear my points don't get credited for the rare/sr eggs...)

ladymakay
04-03-16, 10:22 AM
Lol the" for the love of Pete " means something very different to me hahaha

dragongrands
04-03-16, 10:30 AM
Well, I am giving up on this one. I started this event and by breeding and hatching and questing constantly I was staying up within the top four. Yesterday 2 other players came out if nowhere and now have over twice my points. They are clearly spending lots if gold. I didn't like competing against other players but did want to see where this went. Now it is very clear. Those that want to buy their way to a win will beat everyone.
I will continue playing for other prizes. The disappointments with the constant quest for us to spend cash is really taking the fun out of this game.
We used to get gold for watching commercials. They get paid for this advertising so we should get gold, but now just apples. We are limited to giving 3 gold a day, what [] Quests and tournaments should sometimes be for treasure dragons, or food producing dragons, or things that might help us. No, they just want more money, more money, more money. Sick of it!!!!!

ladymakay
04-03-16, 10:45 AM
Well, I am giving up on this one. I started this event and by breeding and hatching and questing constantly I was staying up within the top four. Yesterday 2 other players came out if nowhere and now have over twice my points. They are clearly spending lots if gold. I didn't like competing against other players but did want to see where this went. Now it is very clear. Those that want to buy their way to a win will beat everyone.
I will continue playing for other prizes. The disappointments with the constant quest for us to spend cash is really taking the fun out of this game.
We used to get gold for watching commercials. They get paid for this advertising so we should get gold, but now just apples. We are limited to giving 3 gold a day, what []! Quests and tournaments should sometimes be for treasure dragons, or food producing dragons, or things that might help us. No, they just want more money, more money, more money. Sick of it!!!!!

That's the real thorn in my side, the rest of my group is AWESOME! Then suspect 18 pops on the scene. I don't even care about the prizes or any of that, I'm heated because it's obvious there's ghost accounts at play and we all know who creates those.........

Jennerwein1
04-03-16, 11:10 AM
That's the real thorn in my side, the rest of my group is AWESOME! Then suspect 18 pops on the scene. I don't even care about the prizes or any of that, I'm heated because it's obvious there's ghost accounts at play and we all know who creates those.........
yep!

31aug2002
04-03-16, 11:14 AM
And the race has started in my group. A person at #5 has jumped to #1 in a matter of 2 hrs.
I am fine with my fourth position just on track yo earn the Galaxy. May have to use a boost if I fall short , but as of now cruising well.

Well ultimately it is S8 having a grand birthday party !! Those in the lead may call us lagging behind sore losers. But here I feel we are the wise ones.
There is no s**** involved in winning this . It's just a matter of how much gold you want to spend
After reading through the post another thing that is quite obvious is that there are people using unethical and illegitimate means to get gold.

There definitely would be records to show who is buying gold legitimately and who is doing it through unfair means . Each players game statistics would be available to those who manage the game behind the scenes.

Well enough said now !!! Good luck to all who are hoping to be leaders in their groups !

Hawk1
04-03-16, 11:16 AM
Broken foot and can't drive = plenty of time, but I knew that without boosting or fountain the best I would do is get Tanuki, and I was fine with that. I don't care if other people boosted or bought a fountain since them spending gold doesn't affect me, but let's get real, there was no way someone could get 27,000 points within the first couple of hours and that happened to one my neighbors leaderboard. If S8 was looking for unethical people they were fairly easy to find, let's see if S8 does anything, my bet is they will do nothing.

In another game I played (not a S8 game) people who were suspected of getting gold from somewhere other than through proper channels had to provide receipts for their gold.

04-03-16, 11:53 AM
Two of my dragons are missing, my pinata dragon which I earned from the event is missing, I put it to evolve and never come back, I can still hear her cry in both dragon and artic island.
My cave dragon from the Artic island which I got it from breeding this morning is gone too, no trace at all. I even spent 100 gold to upgrade the fire crucible to have it hatch,Please help me to recover my dragons.

Hawk1
04-03-16, 12:02 PM
Two of my dragons are missing, my pinata dragon which I earned from the event is missing, I put it to evolve and never come back, I can still hear her cry in both dragon and artic island.
My cave dragon from the Artic island which I got it from breeding this morning is gone too, no trace at all. I even spent 100 gold to upgrade the fire crucible to have it hatch,Please help me to recover my dragons.
I had an Alpine dragon disappear from Arctic Isles the other day "shrugs"

06hunter
04-03-16, 12:18 PM
Smart one;) hope you get the prize. My group 2100 is 12th place! Good luck!

How are we able to put the eggs in storage? I don't get that option & I use IOS

Hawk1
04-03-16, 12:21 PM
How are we able to put the eggs in storage? I don't get that option & I use IOS

Eggs I win from STW and events go to storage... Shamrock is sitting in storage from last event.

Werekatze
04-03-16, 12:21 PM
Well put Werekatze. (Love your ID name :) )

=D Thank you!! I love yours, too. *grins*

dragongrands
04-03-16, 12:23 PM
I'm sure someone can do the math better than me, but here is my basic back of the envelope math.
About 1000 hours to work on this. If one works day and night, non stop it is possible to:

Spin 30 times. If each spin gains 30 = 750 max

Quest 100 times at 10 each = 1000 max

Breed 7 (14 hour) dragons average 25 each = 125
125 for breeding plus 125 for hatching = 250 total

If all get ultra rare bonus 25 x 40 = 1000

So in theory, if you don't sleep and don't miss one minute if game play, and achieve only ultra rare results, you could get to 4000 to gain the Galaxy dragon.
Wow. Does anyone else think this stinks?!?

snowyhillz
04-03-16, 12:23 PM
I lost an icicle dragon yesterday ..... Email S8 support, they should be able to help you get it back ------> support@teamlava.com

lnztrekfan
04-03-16, 12:42 PM
This event has been an eye opener for me. I didn't even know it was possible to ***** or hack this game. It honestly never occurred to me that people do this. Or why. It's a game. For the purpose of having fun. I like having the mystery of not knowing what I'm going to breed or having to be strategic in the arena. Why ***** and take the fun out of the game? And while some people are able to actually pay real money for gold (I don't begrudge those that are able too) there is a cynical part of me that thinks some people are not paying real money but are in fact *****ing the system. Hopefully this was a 'test' by S8 to see who was *****ing their game. And a certain outrageous number triggers a closer look. Idk. I can't worry about something I can't change. I do that too much in RL. This is supposed to be a stress free escape! Lol! Perhaps this is a MASSIVE April Fools joke perpetuated on us by S8 and we all get dragons! ;)

That being said I think I'm in a good group of people. My leader has 2650 right now and the top 6 range down to 2300. I'm in 7 th currently but have been trading with 8 & 9 regularly. I have 1950. That is with sending probably 7 hour long quests a day and the 6 hour one at night. I haven't spent any gold, because the only gold I have is from downloading other games and what I get in gifts daily (maybe 2 a day if I'm lucky). I save my gold for tales or a particularly tough dragon in the arena (Berserker!) I will not get pinata or Tanuki :( sad face! Lol I was hoping for that but I am actually the most happy that I just bred Rainbow! I know so sad that that makes me so happy!

side note: Werekatze I really enjoyed your post. I have to keep coming back regularly to read everyone's posts!

vshephard96
04-03-16, 12:42 PM
How do I get the skylord fountain?

Hawk1
04-03-16, 12:48 PM
How do I get the skylord fountain?

From the market

random59
04-03-16, 12:50 PM
What have we learned from this?

1. People with a 2nd breeding den (the gold-costing roost) should be in a separate group from those without.
2. People should only be grouped with others who have the same number of nests.
3. People who spend money should only be grouped with people who spend a like amount of money.

For example: All people who spends $50-60US a year with no 2nd den and 2 nests should be in the same group.

This encourages those that spend a lot to spend more and doesn't depress/upset those who can't.

Sorry can't agree with the 2nd roost, I have had this since it became available as breeding on my Isle has forsaken me. My 2nd roost is so I can try for my older dragons that still illude me, it took me 2 1/2 years to get Double Rainbow.

Infinity is banished to the Arctic Isles as I still can't manage to breed Snow Angel, Infinity is homesick and wants to come back to main Isle but it will be old and grey before that happens if my breeding continues like this.

Currently I am in 5th place I think 4,000 + behind the others as I do not speed breed and pay gold for boosts.

I have collected gold daily, played the silly pop up games to get gold so I can purchase my gold giving dragons. I have never purchased an ITunes card but I have been given them as gifts. I only get the odd gold sale from TL's celebrations like maybe 3 a year, so buying gold is not an option for me.

I abhor this leaderboard challenge and have said so from the onset as it pits player against player and I play this game for fun and my wonderful neighbours.

If players want to spend money to speed their way through this challenge then fine BUT let them be in groups together and let normal players play together!

DeeDe99
04-03-16, 12:56 PM
I lost an icicle dragon yesterday ..... Email S8 support, they should be able to help you get it back ------> support@teamlava.com

There are at least a couple of posts in the Bugs and Issues thread about lost dragons too. I lost ****erwhale. I did email Support.

jjblueyes
04-03-16, 01:04 PM
The entire event is so off kilter. Some have reasonable groups and others of is have crazy
Groups. These thousands of points an hour jumpers make it unpleasant. Still watching our leader jump up 1000 every 30-60 mins.

04-03-16, 01:09 PM
Thanks! I did email S8 support, I hope they can fix it, otherwise all the hard work I did is useless

06hunter
04-03-16, 01:20 PM
The thing is, this event was set up as a competition/*****ing thing, not a help your neighbor/community thing. The only way for everyone to make it a help everyone event, all 20 players would have to give each other a chance at being 1 st, 2nd, & 3 rd. That means that after the 1st place player had his turn he would then have to quit doing anything on his game so that 2nd place could move up. No breeding, hatching, collecting from the fountain,questing, or boosting so that the next one could move up into first place & all the others could move up too. So that pretty much means he is done for the remainder of the event. Now for the *****ing part. The game pretty much gave everyone the right to ***** when they introduced the fountain & the boosts. *****ing is having an advantage over someone in a game. Everyone is allowed to purchase 3 fountains (with gold only) & choose between two boosts (with gold only) So anyone who has even one fountain & uses a boost is *****ing. As for the gold verses money thing. A lot of people have never purchased a single bit of gold with real money. They save up everything they received from their neighbors & they have gold giving Dragons. So for anyone to accuse someone of not playing fair because they used their saved gold, used the fountain, or boosts, to give them an advantage over someone else, is not right. Why can't everyone just do the event in their own style they choose & allow others to do the same without having to belittle them & try t make them feel bad for just playing a game.

06hunter
04-03-16, 01:28 PM
Eggs I win from STW and events go to storage... Shamrock is sitting in storage from last event.

I see! Thank you😊

Cyclohexane
04-03-16, 01:35 PM
The event has turned out to be a big disappointment for me. While I had a strategy, having knowledge of the game mechanics does not matter. I started on the second day but thought no problem, I can catch up.

I bought the Skylord Fountain.

I also bought a third nest. I had a ton of dragons in inventory so I thought this was an excellent time to start hatching them all for the breed / hatch time.

I babysit my quest so I could continuously send my fire dragon on adventures every hour. I even hatched a second fire dragon so I could breed fire / forest and send other fire on quests. You get the same score for evolution time but a bonus when make rares so it makes since to create as many rares as possible by using two dragons with short common fail time (life dragon only 3 hours).

My strategy worked, I quickly rose to second place and stayed with a hefty lead above third for the whole event. In second place, I was a full 1000 points above third and only a couple hundred behind second. I was 1000 points ahead when I went to bed. When I woke up this morning, someone came out of right field and overtook both first and second place.

At a minimum, he gained over 2400 points in one night. The only way he could have done that is to not only buy boosters, but also continuously breed and hatch dragons. The guy must have spent at least $50.00 in gold currency.

I feel ripped off. Third place does not get anything cool. Why no dragon for third place? I'm still over 1000 points ahead of fourth and paid 650 gold to make that happen. I'm broke now and nothing to show for it. I get 25K food and some maps. Big deal. 25K food is not even enough to get 1 dragon to 10.

The whole event left a bad taste in my mouth about Storm8. You can play and babysit dragons, you can follow a working strategy, and even spend a modest amount of gold yourself. But in the end, someone who is willing to just buy first place can do it. Why not create a event that is s**** / time invested based? This guy just straight up bought first place. Good for him, he supports the game developer, but it is seriously unfair for those that spent gold and time and get nothing.

Seriously, even the Olympics award 1-3 place. This developer gives nothing (yea 25K food is nothing) for third. Makes me just want to uninstall the game and move on. I'd prefer to have the 650 gold I spent back for a habitat or something else. This was the most stupid thing I've ever done in this game to try. I will never try again knowing on the last day, you can just buy your way to first place.

dragongrands
04-03-16, 01:42 PM
My grandchildren play this game. They introduced me to it. I am horrified that their information on these MINORS would be listed in this competition. We played this as a safe game. No more.

06hunter
04-03-16, 01:50 PM
My grandchildren play this game. They introduced me to it. I am horrified that their information on these MINORS would be listed in this competition. We played this as a safe game. No more.

Totally agree with you!

dragongrands
04-03-16, 01:53 PM
I've posted a couple rants about this competition. One final thought. The number one in my group has nearly 5000 and number 2 nearly 4000. There are several of us that are between 300 and 3000, faithful players, plugging along with no possible hope. Both of those competitors have islands that were clearly developed with lots of real cash. Many rare ultra rare and epic dragons, all the most lavish islands, all their islands at Max development, and so much more, all requiring lots of gold. They both clearly bought their win. Congrats.

Simdiva
04-03-16, 01:56 PM
I am beginning to have a bit of a different take on this event and no longer as upset as I was. For most of the event I was running second to a leader who was in the 15000 range. I looked at the island at one point and noticed two fountains but noting unusual other than a lot of older dragons. So for someone at my level they play a much different style and did not have the same dragons I do. They seemed to acquire many as I noted a lot of habitats were being built. I doubted this would happen with me but I was wrong. So far in the last two days I have accumulated dragons worth over 8000 gold using the speed breeding. These are all new dragons with the exception of one diamond. I managed to get all the new featured dragons including carnival, regrow th, mischief as well as others that were new to me including moss rock, turquoise, various rainbows etc. All I really have left for breeding at this point from the regular catalog is two tropical storm, one Dino, one stone and three diamond types. So even if I don't win sky lord I feel I have reached a lot of goals and I am satisfied with my progress even tho it was a bit pricey. It's not the normal way I would do things but sometimes you need a change. So let's not be too down on the people who are paying. They may be like me and actually see value. One person said to me that the event cannot work in its current structure but I do disagree. Storm 8 would not be foolish enough to do an event that could not succeed in some form and perhaps this is the hidden reward.

stashlova
04-03-16, 01:57 PM
Didnt have any of the three dragon prizes so this event was worth it for me. Would like the skylord but since he isnt a gold producer he isnt worth spending hundreds of gold on imo. Im only spending what my gold dragons bring in daily so 3 new dragons for under 250 gold was a no brainer for me. S8 has no choice but to accept the feedback here and make the necessary changes or scrap the event entirely.

Anaboe
04-03-16, 02:20 PM
I've posted a couple rants about this competition. One final thought. The number one in my group has nearly 5000 and number 2 nearly 4000. There are several of us that are between 300 and 3000, faithful players, plugging along with no possible hope. Both of those competitors have islands that were clearly developed with lots of real cash. Many rare ultra rare and epic dragons, all the most lavish islands, all their islands at Max development, and so much more, all requiring lots of gold. They both clearly bought their win. Congrats.
Having a big island doesn't mean spending a lot of gold. Come look at my island for example. I have 3 nests, 5 gold-giving dragons, more Champions than I need, 6-8 ultra rares, many lvl 15 dragons. My spendings on this game? 17 euro for a Diamond-dragon (value-pack) and once 35 euro's on gold - in all 4 years I placed this game. The trick is tactics, and carefull playing.

I have almost 3,000 points now, and have spent litteraly 1 gold (speeding a breeding with 1 hour before going to sleep). The rest is luck, tactics (but I did have empty nests a lot of the time) and hourly play.

This event got me nothing, not even a nice fail as breeding. Already had the 3 milestone-dragons, so that's nothing for me too. Still hate this event and hope to never see it again. This will be the first event in 4 years I didn't make the final prize, and the first I didn't enjoy.

monbohn
04-03-16, 02:41 PM
I have mixed feelings about this event. I don't really care much about trying to be first or second. Once in a while I splurge on buying a little gold but can't afford to do that often. I save up from neighbors and downloading every game offered for gold. I was happy enough working on milestones and hoped to make it to the one that looks like a raccoon mix (can't remember what it's called right now), but it seems I'll be lucky if I manage to get the pinata dragon.....and I'm in 3rd in my group. Which means it must be just as tough for a lot of people to get anywhere in this event. I've been breeding and hatching as much as possible, doing the 1 hour quests by setting an alarm and spinning the wheel. A large part of my points are from the wheel. I can't afford to speed up anything or waste gold on a fountain only good for this one event. I think boosts should be available for coins and limited to only a certain number of uses so it's more fair for all players. And milestones should be more than all the balloons people are getting....who has room to place tons of balloons when we're strapped for space for habitats. I'm almost out of dragons I can sell or trade to make room in my habitats and now I'm having to try to hatch a bunch more I don't have room for. A few tweaks to the event to make it a more even chance for everyone would be great. But if that can't be done, at least provide better milestone rewards for those of us working so hard without the help of spending gold. Also, if anyone working for S8 is reading these....all the back to back events and tournaments on here and FFS becomes very overwhelming. It's taking the fun out of the game when there's no break in between to work on building up food, leveling dragons, trying to breed for limited dragons....all nd still manage to have some kind of normal life outside the game. Of course we want to try for event animals but I'm thinking a lot of people will start to decide to sit out some events because it's just too much. Thanks for listening.

Freesia_Rose
04-03-16, 02:45 PM
Thank you. I just received the fool.

Hawk1
04-03-16, 04:05 PM
I reached my goal (Tanuki) now I'll collect points to see how close I am to Galaxy without actually getting it :)

Sandybellee
04-03-16, 04:15 PM
Yaaaay - I made it to Galaxy! It's now on the nest. So so so happy to have Tanuki and Galaxy. :)

I speed hatched a couple of dragons to get Galaxy before going to sleep just in case. Now I don't have to worry about server issues or anything tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone still working on reaching their goal.

I'm just going to sit back, relax and see how the last day plays out on my board.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 04:39 PM
Just checked my group, it seems everyone stopped spending cause their points are pretty much the same as I checked yesterday:

1. 4208
2. 3717
3. 3509
4. 3284

Only listing top 4 because 5 only has just a little over 2500 and it seems everyone below 5 won't even come close to top 4. This small increase in everyone's points means pretty much none of them spent any gold and are playing leisurely. This is what I want to see in groups, at least no huge increase or anything.

Well, early congrats to the 1st place player, he or she probably really wanted the prize dragon.

On the other hand, I have been on the bottom ever since the start of this event, and really would not want to see another one.

chuckyt888
04-03-16, 04:43 PM
If anyone is seriously going for Skylord, you're probably going to see MAJOR action the last several hours. Be prepared for it. Won't be surprised if people have some really crazy stories tomorrow.

Big gold spenders are probably just waiting it out until the end... why encourage an early gold war. You'll probably see people at the bottom even suddenly jump several thousand points.

My advice if you aren't all in is stay well clear of the nonsense. You don't know what situation you might get yourself in and you may have several people going for it all. Suddenly you may be sitting with food to show for 4-digit gold spending. Guaranteed a lot of the leaderboards will be just like an online auction with major major action at the end.

chuckyt888
04-03-16, 04:44 PM
Just wait. That sort of point separation isn't much at all. Several people may get sucked in on that leaderboard.

Just checked my group, it seems everyone stopped spending cause their points are pretty much the same as I checked yesterday:

1. 4208
2. 3717
3. 3509
4. 3284

Only listing top 4 because 5 only has just a little over 2500 and it seems everyone below 5 won't even come close to top 4. This small increase in everyone's points means pretty much none of them spent any gold and are playing leisurely. This is what I want to see in groups, at least no huge increase or anything.

Well, early congrats to the 1st place player, he or she probably really wanted the prize dragon.

On the other hand, I have been on the bottom ever since the start of this event, and really would not want to see another one.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 04:46 PM
If anyone is seriously going for Skylord, you're probably going to see MAJOR action the last several hours. Be prepared for it. Won't be surprised if people have some really crazy stories tomorrow.

Big gold spenders are probably just waiting it out until the end... why encourage an early gold war. You'll probably see people at the bottom even suddenly jump several thousand points.
game
My advice if you aren't all in is stay well clear of the nonsense. You don't know what situation you might get yourself in and you may have several people going for it all. Suddenly you may be sitting with food to show for 4-digit gold spending. Guaranteed a lot of the leaderboards will be just like an online auction with major major action at the end.

I think I probably won't see it even if it happens in my group, since the event ends in the middle of a work day for me, when I won't be able to play my game.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 04:47 PM
Just wait. That sort of point separation isn't much at all. Several people may get sucked in on that leaderboard.

Yea, I'm waiting to see if anything happens tomorrow morning, since it's night time here, but probably won't see it all because the event ends tomorrow's afternoon when I have work to deal with

luckyaa7
04-03-16, 05:02 PM
I have 3700 now so I think I can get galaxy. I have 20 hours breeding and 20 hours on the nest. My group 1st has 6532 and 2nd has 5865. They have used boost here and there already. So not even going to try to go for skylord.

Hawk1
04-03-16, 05:02 PM
My top 5, I saw #8 & 9 boosting last night and thought what a waste of gold since neither of them went up more than 200 points. # 1,2 and 4 will be boosting or I should say have boosted and I have no doubt will again. It'll be entertaining....

1. 3825
2. 3813
3. 3614
4. 2784
5. 2709

Kennedward
04-03-16, 05:19 PM
My top 5, I saw #8 & 9 boosting last night and thought what a waste of gold since neither of them went up more than 200 points. # 1,2 and 4 will be boosting or I should say have boosted and I have no doubt will again. It'll be entertaining....

1. 3825
2. 3813
3. 3614
4. 2784
5. 2709

That's pretty close between 1 & 2! Would be entertaining when you see how it ends in around 17 hrs

Kennedward
04-03-16, 05:22 PM
Oh just checked again and I see 2nd place with the boost! Now it's:

1. 4208
2. 3922
3. 3509
4. 3284

Only increase in 2nd place, the other 3 are either sleeping or not playing lol

Hawk1
04-03-16, 05:28 PM
That's pretty close between 1 & 2! Would be entertaining when you see how it ends in around 17 hrs

Probably going to be a slugfest lol, as I eat lunch I'll watch them battle it out cause I want nothing to do with it. People are funny the lengths they'll go to to win something.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 05:52 PM
Probably going to be a slugfest lol, as I eat lunch I'll watch them battle it out cause I want nothing to do with it. People are funny the lengths they'll go to to win something.

lol enjoy!

Kennedward
04-03-16, 05:53 PM
Oh just checked again and I see 2nd place with the boost! Now it's:

1. 4208
2. 3922
3. 3509
4. 3284

Only increase in 2nd place, the other 3 are either sleeping or not playing lol

Just checked again and 2nd place's boost have ended, that was a waste of 30 gold just to gain 200 or so points in 2 hrs..... Now the points are as follows:

1. 4238
2. 3922
3. 3562
4. 3298

kasumi2012
04-03-16, 06:12 PM
In my Group as follow :

1. 8312
2. 8192
3. 4493 (Boost up)
4. 4015
5. 3494

They fight for the 3rd. Interesting.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 06:24 PM
In my Group as follow :

1. 8312
2. 8192
3. 4493 (Boost up)
4. 4015
5. 3494

They fight for the 3rd. Interesting.

lol, well 3rd place gets a "trophy", which I believe is a decor

Useless for me because I already run out of space for habitats, decor is the last thing I need on my island, but who knows? Maybe someone actually likes these decors and would prefer to display decors rather than habitats

9krm
04-03-16, 06:33 PM
I have pinata and fool dragons on my nest. Both will be ready right before the end of the event, so we will see how many points they get me. I have 2400 now, so I won't be able to get Galaxy, which is what I wanted. Oh well.

There is only a 300 point difference between 1st and 4th on my leaderboard. I assume people will be boosting like crazy right down to the wire.

9krm
04-03-16, 06:34 PM
lol, well 3rd place gets a "trophy", which I believe is a decor

Useless for me because I already run out of space for habitats, decor is the last thing I need on my island, but who knows? Maybe someone actually likes these decors and would prefer to display decors rather than habitats
Yeah, I'll pass on the trophy. Lol

Kennedward
04-03-16, 06:42 PM
I have pinata and fool dragons on my nest. Both will be ready right before the end of the event, so we will see how many points they get me. I have 2400 now, so I won't be able to get Galaxy, which is what I wanted. Oh well.

There is only a 300 point difference between 1st and 4th on my leaderboard. I assume people will be boosting like crazy right down to the wire.

I think so too, but too bad I won't be able to see it though, since the timing is right in the middle of the day and I have work to deal with

Kennedward
04-03-16, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I'll pass on the trophy. Lol

Same here, i'm also passing on the dragon cause spending so much gold doesn't make sense for me. I do spend gold on those special dragons that produces gold or bombs, but never those that only produces coins, which is the majority of all dragons

snowyhillz
04-03-16, 06:50 PM
My leaderboard

5260 me
I have noticed 3rd and 4th using boosts since yesterday .... They may have been making sure they got galaxy or preparing to take 2nd place off me) it closes at 5 am my time so it will be interesting to see if anyone goes crazy at the end. I would be a little disappointed if I didn't get skylord but apart from the few boosts I have used I'm not prepared to fight for it.

snowyhillz
04-03-16, 06:52 PM
Same here, i'm also passing on the dragon cause spending so much gold doesn't make sense for me. I do spend gold on those special dragons that produces gold or bombs, but never those that only produces coins, which is the majority of all dragons

The only dragons I spend gold on at the moment are the gold giving dragons

Kennedward
04-03-16, 06:54 PM
The only dragons I spend gold on at the moment are the gold giving dragons

I got all of them, and with most of my dragons at LV10, I figured I might as well buy the demolition dragon

Kennedward
04-03-16, 06:57 PM
My leaderboard

5260 me
I have noticed 3rd and 4th using boosts since yesterday .... They may have been making sure they got galaxy or preparing to take 2nd place off me) it closes at 5 am my time so it will be interesting to see if anyone goes crazy at the end. I would be a little disappointed if I didn't get skylord but apart from the few boosts I have used I'm not prepared to fight for it.

Your group is a lot like mine, but mine has even less points overall, with 1st place being just a little over 4200.

Anyways, will check before I go to work tomorrow morning to see anything changes, should be entertaining, but so far nothing special yet, everyone's increases are very small and normal

ladymakay
04-03-16, 06:59 PM
I tapped out of this baffoonery, actually I became neighbors with players 3,4 and 5 and sent them gold hahaha. But we have Casper the ghost gamer still collecting points like a maniac, atleast the other players will hopefully get Pinata dragon.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 07:01 PM
I tapped out of this baffoonery, actually I became neighbors with players 3,4 and 5 and sent them gold hahaha. But we have Casper the ghost gamer still collecting points like a maniac, atleast the other players will hopefully get Pinata dragon.

I never cared from the start, still being one of the few players at the bottom.

Speaking of which, pretty much every player in my group below 5th place only have around 1500 points or so, it seems most of them don't want to participate either

snowyhillz
04-03-16, 07:01 PM
I got all of them, and with most of my dragons at LV10, I figured I might as well buy the demolition dragon

I took a break from DS and have just started playing again so I need to buy the rest of them..... I have 6 at the moment

pink4626
04-03-16, 07:02 PM

Yes I lost a cave dragon yesterday as well!

Kennedward
04-03-16, 07:03 PM
I took a break from DS and have just started playing again so I need to buy the rest of them..... I have 6 at the moment

Keep saving and you'll get them all like me, unless you want to pay money and get them right away, it's your choice

snowyhillz
04-03-16, 07:05 PM
Keep saving and you'll get them all like me, unless you want to pay money and get them right away, it's your choice

Apart from the first one I got (treasure @800 gold) which I used money for I like saving up for them.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 07:08 PM
Apart from the first one I got (treasure @800 gold) which I used money for I like saving up for them.

My first one I got was from free gold for playing other S8 games, so luckily I never had to spend any money in this game.

Anyways, back on topic, would be nice to see more normal groups like mine, it doesn't seem like any of them spent much money, cause even #1 is only around 4200 points, which is easily obtainable even without spending gold.

jjblueyes
04-03-16, 07:21 PM
The person in 4th place just jumped 8000 since I sat down and ate dinner. Not to 8000 but added 8000

AnglChk507
04-03-16, 07:31 PM
We used to get gold for watching commercials. They get paid for this advertising so we should get gold, but now just apples. We are limited to giving 3 gold a day, what [] Quests and tournaments should sometimes be for treasure dragons, or food producing dragons, or things that might help us. No, they just want more money, more money, more money. Sick of it!!!!!

Love it! Thank you for sharing these words.. Really sucks they don't care enough to actually care to listen...

Kennedward
04-03-16, 07:34 PM
The person in 4th place just jumped 8000 since I sat down and ate dinner. Not to 8000 but added 8000

Wow, so like I said, I would prefer to be in groups like my current one where points are at least reasonable

Kennedward
04-03-16, 07:35 PM
Love it! Thank you for sharing these words.. Really sucks they don't care enough to actually care to listen...

Agreed, this is why I never wanted to participate in this even from the start and have been on the bottom since the start. Now I simply sit back and watch what other players do, so far nothing special in my group, should be fun to read about other groups though

Dragosle
04-03-16, 07:41 PM
Wow, so like I said, I would prefer to be in groups like my current one where points are at least reasonable

I guess my group can be considered normal too since all the top players including me are only about 2000 each at this point :p

jjblueyes
04-03-16, 07:42 PM

Yes please. I wanna join your group!!

vshephard96
04-03-16, 07:48 PM
From the market

Well that's stupid.. I would have to buy it. Very dumb

Hawk1
04-03-16, 08:09 PM
Well that's stupid.. I would have to buy it. Very dumb

Lol people did, I'm not one of them :)

Kennedward
04-03-16, 09:13 PM
I guess my group can be considered normal too since all the top players including me are only about 2000 each at this point :p

Nice! Your group has players even less interested in this event than mine! lol

Kennedward
04-03-16, 09:15 PM
Yes please. I wanna join your group!!

How many points do u have?

My group pretty much everyone except top 5 has only around 1500 points right now, with the 20th player having only 300 points

puppyzt
04-03-16, 09:17 PM
In my group are like this:
3231 have 1 fountain bost 2 times
2928 bost gold
2498 bost bronce
I'm starting to see how many bost are buying. Yesterday I was in second and today I'm 5th. About 6 hrs ago bost are in use, I'll watch how this ends, I'll not spend any gold if theres no gold giver dragon. I'm saving for those ones and no luck yet, but still have hope.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 09:21 PM
2928 bost gold
2498 bost bronce
I'm starting to see how many bost are buying. Yesterday I was in second and today I'm 5th. About 6 hrs ago bost are in use, I'll watch how this ends, I'll not spend any gold if theres no gold giver dragon. I'm saving for those ones and no luck yet, but still have hope.

That's what I spent my gold on as well, so I completely agree with you.

As for boosts, I have also seen some people in my group using boosts, but using them haven't gotten them much points, not as much as other groups I've seen anyway. So in my views, boosts are still not worth the gold if you're competing in this event. But the choice is up to the players of course.

chuckyt888
04-03-16, 09:38 PM
It depends on how you use the boosts. I used one early with Crusaders lined up in the nests and breeding along with quest, Arctic aisles and spin (not sure if it worked on the spin). It gave me the cushion I needed so I didn't have to stress over Galaxy.

If anyone is serious about the Skylord they'll definitely need boosts at the end.. and have hopefully lined things up in nests and are ready for speed breeding and space available in case a new dragon comes out of it.

I agree though Kennedward, most people in my group aren't using them correctly. One person used a boost for a 10 pt quest. Didn't perform one other action and it was a 30g boost! The leaders sped bred for about an hour a couple times with boost netting several thousand. Both blew over 1000 gold easy on this event and counting fountain and nests/roosts probably closer to 2000.

That's what I spent my gold on as well, so I completely agree with you.

As for boosts, I have also seen some people in my group using boosts, but using them haven't gotten them much points, not as much as other groups I've seen anyway. So in my views, boosts are still not worth the gold if you're competing in this event. But the choice is up to the players of course.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 09:49 PM
It depends on how you use the boosts. I used one early with Crusaders lined up in the nests and breeding along with quest, Arctic aisles and spin (not sure if it worked on the spin). It gave me the cushion I needed so I didn't have to stress over Galaxy.

If anyone is serious about the Skylord they'll definitely need boosts at the end.. and have hopefully lined things up in nests and are ready for speed breeding and space available in case a new dragon comes out of it.

I agree though Kennedward, most people in my group aren't using them correctly. One person used a boost for a 10 pt quest. Didn't perform one other action and it was a 30g boost! The leaders sped bred for about an hour a couple times with boost netting several thousand. Both blew over 1000 gold easy on this event and counting fountain and nests/roosts probably closer to 2000.

Yea that was kinda my point about boosts, when players don't use them right, spending gold but only getting so few points.

But the more important point I want to make is that if you're willing to spending thousands of gold just to get a single dragon, I would suggest you use those gold to buy gold or bomb or food giving dragons, or even Diamonds. Because at least with gold, food, or bomb, they give you something useful, and Diamonds are Ultra Rare and are just simply very difficult to breed. Skylord dragon is merely a Super Rare, types: Mythic White Yellow.

debrasbistro
04-03-16, 10:08 PM

Perfect lol ;)

bozotc19
04-03-16, 10:13 PM
What a huge disappointment this is. I've got two people in front of me with 4300 and 3900 points. Best I can do is third and win a worthless trophy, which, I will never display, 25000 cash and 20 maps.....big whoop! I'd do better on a spin to win wheel, which also rigged, since I get only money and maps and food. I hope they don't celebrate any more birthdays!

bozotc19
04-03-16, 10:18 PM
My first one I got was from free gold for playing other S8 games, so luckily I never had to spend any money in this game.

Anyways, back on topic, would be nice to see more normal groups like mine, it doesn't seem like any of them spent much money, cause even #1 is only around 4200 points, which is easily obtainable even without spending gold.
Easily obtainable? Only if the player has multiple nests and breeding areas....which costs gold. There is no way you get 4200 without multiple nests and breeding areas. The 2 people in my group who made it 4000 had 11 and 5 gold habitats, multiple nests and breeders. Now that costs a lot of gold!

meoconlunar
04-03-16, 10:24 PM
I bought 1 Skylord fountain
Boost gold twice
Boost bronce twice
So 224 gold is all I used for this event.
6252 points now

Extra breeding roost, but for Regrowth.

Rank 2 has 4600 points right now, he has used boost gold for over 10 times, bought 2 Skylord fountain, the rank 3 sometimes boost bronce, I dont think he used so much gold.

I use gold just because I love this dragon, but I myself really hate this Skylord Leader.

puppyzt
04-03-16, 11:01 PM
2928 bost gold
2498 bost bronce

After dinner results as follows:
3231 - 3733 bost gold
2928 - 2928
2549 this player was on 7th bost gold
2498 - 2498
2328 - 2457 this was on 6th
2436 me
Still some of the lower players are bosting to achieve 4th - 6th place.
Time to sleep, tomorrow I'll inform you all the results. Good night.

newzealander
04-03-16, 11:15 PM
OK after choosing not to 'play the game', I actually sat within the top 3 in my group for most of this event (it's not a high scoring group). However at the last hurdle, one player has streaked ahead. I just looked at their island. They have more top level dragons than I have ever seen, 4 nests, 16 gold dragons, and 4 super rare eggs sitting on nests ready to go. And they are in a low scoring group - how?

Not only that, but the event finishes in the early hours of the morning for me, so I won't be up for the last minute scramble, even if I wanted to be.

S8 wants constructive feedback
- please consider those of us that live outside the US. Those in Aussie and NZ are really disadvantaged at the finish line.
- it isn't fun competing against each other. Particularly when some people knew from Day 1 that they couldn't win
- if you do assign us to groups, consider keeping gold spenders separate to non spenders
- please don't use our S8 names like this without giving us a means to opt out

In fact, make events like this "opt-in" rather than compulsory. Thanks.

bozotc19
04-03-16, 11:15 PM
Just an observation, the prize for finishing 12th is better than finishing 3rd. Why would anyone want to finish 3rd? Would rather have the apples than a stupid trophy and maps....worthless in my mind! Am hoping that someone beats me out of third place!,.

groovyedwin
04-03-16, 11:22 PM
I am fortunate to be in a group that is sane. One appears to be able to get two individual dragons while a another appears to get a single individual dragon. The rest have lower totals. Hopefully, this continues a trend in the groups I am assigned too.

snowyhillz
04-03-16, 11:36 PM
Just an observation, the prize for finishing 12th is better than finishing 3rd. Why would anyone want to finish 3rd? Would rather have the apples than a stupid trophy and maps....worthless in my mind! Am hoping that someone beats me out of third place!,.

For 3rd place you get 25,000 apples!

snowyhillz
04-03-16, 11:44 PM
My leaderboard

5260 me
5260.... 5492 me

The charge begins

AliceWinter24
04-04-16, 12:26 AM
For the first time in this event, I used a boost. Just because I want the Tanuki, but I don't think I will get it anyway, so it probably was a waste. I'm at 2652 after moving everything from nest and den, quest and spin wheel ....

Kennedward
04-04-16, 12:45 AM
Easily obtainable? Only if the player has multiple nests and breeding areas....which costs gold. There is no way you get 4200 without multiple nests and breeding areas. The 2 people in my group who made it 4000 had 11 and 5 gold habitats, multiple nests and breeders. Now that costs a lot of gold!

I saw quite a lot of players did it, but yea they had multiple nests.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 12:49 AM

Agreed, I rather have food than a trophy decor and maps.

Now that I look at all the prizes, actually placing at 4 to 6 are the best really, getting food, coins, and maps. 7 to 12 get food and coins, not bad, while 13-20 only get coins.

tromalyt
04-04-16, 12:58 AM
OK after choosing not to 'play the game', I actually sat within the top 3 in my group for most of this event (it's not a high scoring group). However at the last hurdle, one player has streaked ahead. I just looked at their island. They have more top level dragons than I have ever seen, 4 nests, 16 gold dragons, and 4 super rare eggs sitting on nests ready to go. And they are in a low scoring group - how?

Picture, please. As far as I know you can only have up to 11 gold dragons.

JtheLioness
04-04-16, 01:36 AM
I HATE this event. The top users in my group are blantant *****ers that use hacks. I'm sitting at 2,427 points and I can't even get the Tanuki or Galaxy dragons in the milestones. I have been working my butt off this whole time! Not to mention...why are there non-point prizes on the wheel?!? I have so many stupid Fancy Flooring tiles it's maddening! There goes all those spin hours wasted.
Incredibly bad idea... Honest users are set up to fail immediately. How does that make anyone feel good?

deadpixel
04-04-16, 02:42 AM
I HATE this event. The top users in my group are blantant *****ers that use hacks. I'm sitting at 2,427 points and I can't even get the Tanuki or Galaxy dragons in the milestones. I have been working my butt off this whole time! Not to mention...why are there non-point prizes on the wheel?!? I have so many stupid Fancy Flooring tiles it's maddening! There goes all those spin hours wasted.
Incredibly bad idea... Honest users are set up to fail immediately. How does that make anyone feel good?

There's really no need to *****. All one has to do is be a long time player who has accumulated 11 Gold producing dragons, 4 nests and 2 breeding dens and a pile of gold from the 11 gold dragons. Leveraging on these the player would easily hit the 3.9K required for the finale milestone prize and if the player was just to spend some of the accumulated gold he/she could easily bump their score up to 8K.

pernmagic
04-04-16, 02:45 AM
Agreed, I rather have food than a trophy decor and maps.

Now that I look at all the prizes, actually placing at 4 to 6 are the best really, getting food, coins, and maps. 7 to 12 get food and coins, not bad, while 13-20 only get coins.
Hi Ken ..... Quite agree I'm placed 12 at the moment guess the food is always useful :)

Sandybellee
04-04-16, 03:12 AM
On my board the second and third are now only 10 points apart at 6633 and 6623. This is going to be quite a showdown! No-one's making a move yet - the scores have hardly changed since last night.

DeeDe99
04-04-16, 03:13 AM
As the event draws to a close, I have made some additional observations to these I published earlier (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90309-Skylord-Leaders-Event-March-29-2016&p=1272144&viewfull=1#post1272144).

It is clear this Event style is not suited to the style of game that is Dragon Story. I want to specifically address two aspects, use of gold and the *****ing accusations.

Use of Gold

The use of gold under normal game play circumstances doesn't impact other Storm8 customers. I like to buy habitats - as much as some players may consider that unnecessary, a waste of money or whatever, in doing so I DO NOT impact anyone else's island or game progress.

If I choose to use the Ultimate strike in a tournament, I DO NOT impact the chances of any other customer also winning the tournament.

If I speed up an egg on the nest because I want to put another egg there before bed, I DO NOT stop any other customer putting an egg on a nest.

The use of gold under normal game play and during existing events by any one customer does not impact the progress of any other customer. The exception would be World Events, where the use of gold could positively affect the community collection.

With this Leaderboard Event, the prize goes to the highest bidder in SOME groups (I same some because many customers have already posted they are in what they consider to be "normal" groups). Now, the "highest bidder" may just be playing their normal game OR they may be buying gold (see below). Either way, the fact they can do this when many others can't means, as I have previously emphasised, there is no level playing field for competition.

This does not suit the usual collaborative style of this game at all. Where once customers were happy to help each other with suggestions and ideas, now divisiveness and bitterness is creeping through the cracks in the mortar.

*****ing Accusations

While I do think any island that achieved 15,000 points in the first few minutes may merit scrutiny, any player who finishes the event with around 10,000 points is probably not doing anything overly out of the ordinary. I calculated an average of 644 a day (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90309-Skylord-Leaders-Event-March-29-2016&p=1273169&viewfull=1#post1273169) was possible with only three nests and NOT including any allowance for rarity bonuses, boosts or the spin. Four nests would up that to an estimate of 716 a day. I probably received about 80 a day from the spin, on average. So let's say a customer with four nests, one fountain and the Arctic Isles could achieve 800 a day in round figures.

As I type, I am sitting on 4,936 so will make 5,000 - an average over six days of 833 with only three nests. I did not use any boosts, I did not speed breed. I had one fountain. I also did not play properly for 1.5 days out of the 6 as I was at school one day and at a social event for half of the other day.

Customers were allowed to buy three fountains, so add another 280 a day to the 800 estimated above. Then there are many who have a hoard of unhatched eggs in storage - they didn't have to buy rare or ultra rare eggs - they just hatched what they had. I can't quantify that or speed breeding. There are many who speed breed a lot of the time, it is not unusual in the normal game. USUALLY such game play affects no-one other than the customer doing the speeding (refer above re gold use).

So we have roughly 1,080 a day NOT including spins or boosts. For the sake of argument, let's allow 200 a day to cover boosts, spins and rarity bonuses. That's 1,280 a day. Over six days a total of 7,680. Still no speed breeding factored in there at all.

Consequently I suggest it is rash to accuse other customers of *****ing unless there is proof.

Yes, there are hacks available and yes, there are those lacking integrity who will use them. However, a total points tally of up to 10,000 is not in itself indicative of anything other than strategy and gold use. And being tied to their device a lot!

Note: this section should NOT be read to imply I therefore think the event is suitable for this game - I don't.

DeeDe99
04-04-16, 03:17 AM
On my board the second and third are now only 10 points apart at 6633 and 6623. This is going to be quite a showdown! No-one's making a move yet - the scores have hardly changed since last night.

On mine:

1. 7,044
2. 6,284
3. 5,621
4. 4,936 (me)
5. 4,115
6. 4,040

Kennedward
04-04-16, 03:25 AM
Hi Ken ..... Quite agree I'm placed 12 at the moment guess the food is always useful :)

I've been exchanging 10 or 11 place with another player for awhile now, pretty sure I'll be able to get food

Kennedward
04-04-16, 03:26 AM

Same with mine, should be interesting to see how it'll be just before the event ends

DeeDe99
04-04-16, 03:29 AM
There's really no need to *****. All one has to do is be a long time player who has accumulated 11 Gold producing dragons, 4 nests and 2 breeding dens and a pile of gold from the 11 gold dragons. Leveraging on these the player would easily hit the 3.9K required for the finale milestone prize and if the player was just to spend some of the accumulated gold he/she could easily bump their score up to 8K.

Agree.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 03:32 AM
The only problem I have with this event is the mere fact that we're placed into groups of 20, and whoever gets 1st & 2nd price gets the dragon prize.

I would prefer the world event, where we're all contributing to a certain amount and we all get the dragon prize when we reach that amount.

chewingthecud
04-04-16, 03:42 AM
I am one of those long term players with 11 gold producing dragons. I made Galaxy yesterday. I am leading at the moment but expect to be overhauled this evening (I am in Australia). I really don't care and I would never spend my gold on competing with other players just for one silly dragon. This dragon will be the most expensive ever for many players - good luck to them. So I am off to bed soon and no - I'm not going to set my alarm clock to gain some more points - if I win I win. If not at least I have Galaxy and a decent night's sleep! Good luck to everyone but please remember this is a game and the dragon may not be worth it! Good night. :)

Niire
04-04-16, 03:49 AM
I, too, am in the lead in my group right now. Only boost i used was to give myself padding to get the galaxy dragon, since I was running on limited money lol...and that boost was the cheap one.

I feel terrible that, because I wanted galaxy, I might win, and if I win, I am going to upset 18 others in my group most likely (I'm just kicked back right now doing what I always do). I'm not banking on it, no tricks up my sleeve, because that galaxy dragon was my goal. I've been trying to get carnival too, but failing, and made a last attempt at regrowth, but struck out. I really do NOT like this...

Forgot to mention...I am at 5299 points right now with what I have mentioned doing. One gold dragon, 2 nests, I do have the second breeding den, but it sat inactive the whole time. I did pop dragons out of storage while going after galaxy, no need to after though...(I just had to get fool hatched, he's so CUTE!)And no fountain, that seemed a waste to me, like those second gathering things during world events.

Jennerwein1
04-04-16, 03:51 AM
I finally caved and bought my first boost just to get to Galaxy. Emptied my storage, that helped. Still not quite there, but I will make it. Whatever else happens happens. In first place right now, but expect to be overtaken.
Add: just got it, yay!

Kennedward
04-04-16, 03:54 AM
So far my group haven't moved much, everyone's still in the same place pretty much, so I expect whoever's #1 & 2 will get the prize dragon, and me, I'll be happy with the food

Kennedward
04-04-16, 04:00 AM
Oh, one more thing, just saw the bugs and issues section, it seems some players never got to participate in this event

DeeDe99
04-04-16, 05:14 AM
I am one of those long term players with 11 gold producing dragons. I made Galaxy yesterday. I am leading at the moment but expect to be overhauled this evening (I am in Australia). I really don't care and I would never spend my gold on competing with other players just for one silly dragon. This dragon will be the most expensive ever for many players - good luck to them. So I am off to bed soon and no - I'm not going to set my alarm clock to gain some more points - if I win I win. If not at least I have Galaxy and a decent night's sleep! Good luck to everyone but please remember this is a game and the dragon may not be worth it! Good night. :)

Australia here too and also off to bed. I consider myself finished at this point. Sitting on 5,206 and it seems there is a battle-royal about to kick off between the top three at least in my group. Like you, I was happy with Galaxy.

Goodnight!

jjblueyes
04-04-16, 05:28 AM
Oh, one more thing, just saw the bugs and issues section, it seems some players never got to participate in this event

Sad huh?!?

Kennedward
04-04-16, 05:50 AM
Sad huh?!?

Yea, it seems there's still some problems that players experience with this game that has been around for a few years

pernmagic
04-04-16, 05:50 AM
Well I have pi?ata and was too close but just too far away to get tanika so I used my first and only boost and have tanika on the nest.
That's ok for me as I did not have these two but really hope this is not repeated too often due to the discontent it causes on an otherwise happy helpful forum ......

warrior61280
04-04-16, 05:52 AM
I have been playing almost non-stop on this event (insomniac) and spent about 200 of my gold trying to get Tanuki. Wont make it. Only acquired Pinata. Ended up 20+ hour on 2 nest and one breed with 5 hours left. I started thursday night around 2000 pst. I will end my comment here.

Edit: I did manage 20 points off of gold chest on wheel with a 1.5 boost.

813vv
04-04-16, 06:02 AM
Seems my group is minor here :) I'm leader of my board, an the rest look like they dont care at all abt this event :| No one use boost. The second has 1436 :)
I have 2001 right now (I started late because had to install new version, when I started, it's jst in last hours of the day 5). I have jst one gold dragon, because android user jst have chance to buy it recently, an I jst buy when they are on sale :)
With three nest, one den, and I dont wanna spend golds, so jst get out all my eggs from storage lol... an keep all nests full of Water egg, Air, Olympus, Light.. as same as other events :) do quest every hour an spin wheel :) No more thing to do. I really like Tanuki an Galaxy but I know I cant get them ;(
In this unpeaceful world, I really dont like anymore competitions :)) for any reason, even jst on games. So hope next time, TL will give us something better :D an we can keep calm an play DS :p

Kennedward
04-04-16, 06:07 AM
Just checked on my group, everyone seems to be the same lol so nobody cared much in my group, and the #1 player with 4000 points will most likely win this event in just a few hours

To those who dislikes this event, we're almost finished!

Niire
04-04-16, 06:14 AM
I wonder what is going to happen after it's done...they've got to be absolutely flooded with complaints at S8. I had to put in a ticket when the quest thing was taking my quest points away when I logged off...and I added my opinion of this event on there too. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the milestone thing. It's the whole skylord board thing that really bothers me. ><

Kennedward
04-04-16, 06:19 AM
I wonder what is going to happen after it's done...they've got to be absolutely flooded with complaints at S8. I had to put in a ticket when the quest thing was taking my quest points away when I logged off...and I added my opinion of this event on there too. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind the milestone thing. It's the whole skylord board thing that really bothers me. ><

Same here, I wouldn't mind collecting dragons from getting a certain number of points, but in doing so is competing with other players, which I don't like to see

Niire
04-04-16, 06:22 AM
Same here, I wouldn't mind collecting dragons from getting a certain number of points, but in doing so is competing with other players, which I don't like to see

Exactly!

Jennerwein1
04-04-16, 06:26 AM
Exactly!

Agree. Milestones are fun, competing with fellow players takes the fun out of it.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 06:28 AM
Agree. Milestones are fun, competing with fellow players takes the fun out of it.

Exactly, I would prefer to do it like the world event where everyone gets the final dragon prize together

warrior61280
04-04-16, 06:29 AM
Milestones are awesome, when calculated correctly.

It gives the player a positive sense of accomplishment....."just one more level!"

jacksusa
04-04-16, 06:32 AM
As the event draws to a close, I have made some additional observations to these I published earlier (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90309-Skylord-Leaders-Event-March-29-2016&p=1272144&viewfull=1#post1272144).

It is clear this Event style is not suited to the style of game that is Dragon Story. I want to specifically address two aspects, use of gold and the *****ing accusations.

Use of Gold

The use of gold under normal game play circumstances doesn't impact other Storm8 customers. I like to buy habitats - as much as some players may consider that unnecessary, a waste of money or whatever, in doing so I DO NOT impact anyone else's island or game progress.

If I choose to use the Ultimate strike in a tournament, I DO NOT impact the chances of any other customer also winning the tournament.

If I speed up an egg on the nest because I want to put another egg there before bed, I DO NOT stop any other customer putting an egg on a nest.

The use of gold under normal game play and during existing events by any one customer does not impact the progress of any other customer. The exception would be World Events, where the use of gold could positively affect the community collection.

With this Leaderboard Event, the prize goes to the highest bidder in SOME groups (I same some because many customers have already posted they are in what they consider to be "normal" groups). Now, the "highest bidder" may just be playing their normal game OR they may be buying gold (see below). Either way, the fact they can do this when many others can't means, as I have previously emphasised, there is no level playing field for competition.

This does not suit the usual collaborative style of this game at all. Where once customers were happy to help each other with suggestions and ideas, now divisiveness and bitterness is creeping through the cracks in the mortar.

*****ing Accusations

While I do think any island that achieved 15,000 points in the first few minutes may merit scrutiny, any player who finishes the event with around 10,000 points is probably not doing anything overly out of the ordinary. I calculated an average of 644 a day (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90309-Skylord-Leaders-Event-March-29-2016&p=1273169&viewfull=1#post1273169) was possible with only three nests and NOT including any allowance for rarity bonuses, boosts or the spin. Four nests would up that to an estimate of 716 a day. I probably received about 80 a day from the spin, on average. So let's say a customer with four nests, one fountain and the Arctic Isles could achieve 800 a day in round figures.

As I type, I am sitting on 4,936 so will make 5,000 - an average over six days of 833 with only three nests. I did not use any boosts, I did not speed breed. I had one fountain. I also did not play properly for 1.5 days out of the 6 as I was at school one day and at a social event for half of the other day.

Customers were allowed to buy three fountains, so add another 280 a day to the 800 estimated above. Then there are many who have a hoard of unhatched eggs in storage - they didn't have to buy rare or ultra rare eggs - they just hatched what they had. I can't quantify that or speed breeding. There are many who speed breed a lot of the time, it is not unusual in the normal game. USUALLY such game play affects no-one other than the customer doing the speeding (refer above re gold use).

So we have roughly 1,080 a day NOT including spins or boosts. For the sake of argument, let's allow 200 a day to cover boosts, spins and rarity bonuses. That's 1,280 a day. Over six days a total of 7,680. Still no speed breeding factored in there at all.

Consequently I suggest it is rash to accuse other customers of *****ing unless there is proof.

Yes, there are hacks available and yes, there are those lacking integrity who will use them. However, a total points tally of up to 10,000 is not in itself indicative of anything other than strategy and gold use. And being tied to their device a lot!

Note: this section should NOT be read to imply I therefore think the event is suitable for this game - I don't.
I completely agree. I would also add, if there are any more competitions in the future, allow players the choice of joining the event, or choosing not to!

Anaboe
04-04-16, 06:44 AM
The final prize should be a bonus, like 50k food, or some gold, not a dragon you will be ashamed to hatch. Getting dragons should be a result of your OWN merrits, not the merrits (or lack there of) of fellow players.

If you're lucky, you're teamed with players that are mostly inactive. If you're unlucky, you're teamed with players who spent (by legal or illegal means) thousands of real money on this event. Nothing you can do about that.

If I wanted to gamble, I would go to a casino, or play slots. If I wanted to battle my neighbours, I'd be playing Kingdom Clash. But I choose to play Dragon Story: a community game. No more.

fhjigfrf
04-04-16, 07:01 AM
The gold race is finally on in my group. I boosted and sped this morning to get Galaxy before work (done!) which moved me up to 1st. So now 2nd and 3rd are boosting - I've already dropped back down to 3rd. Fine with me, I want apples and I'm happy only having spent 28 gold for Galaxy.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 07:01 AM
The final prize should be a bonus, like 50k food, or some gold, not a dragon you will be ashamed to hatch. Getting dragons should be a result of your OWN merrits, not the merrits (or lack there of) of fellow players.

If you're lucky, you're teamed with players that are mostly inactive. If you're unlucky, you're teamed with players who spent (by legal or illegal means) thousands of real money on this event. Nothing you can do about that.

If I wanted to gamble, I would go to a casino, or play slots. If I wanted to battle my neighbours, I'd be playing Kingdom Clash. But I choose to play Dragon Story: a community game. No more.

Well said, that's the reason why many players dislike this event, including me

Clark_Wayne
04-04-16, 07:06 AM

absolutly agreed : milestones was fun, competition between players absolutly not fun

puppyzt
04-04-16, 07:06 AM
Well said, that's the reason why many players dislike this event, including me
Also me. Don't like this event at all.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 07:12 AM
Well, last 3 hours or so, checked in on my group, nobody has any boosts or any large increase in points, places are pretty much set I think, may be able to check again just before event ends later on today

luckyaa7
Exactly!

Totally agree!!

moonchild1987
I got Pinata but didn't even come close to Tanuki, let alone Galaxy and Skylord. Just not enough gold. Some day I'll have myself a gold dragon. ;) Something fantastic did happen because of this event. I battled in the arena when it first became available to me but I didn't have any high level dragons so I quit. I have a few higher level dragons now but still didn't feel like I would have enough to make it through a tournament. Since I was playing so much to keep up with the event I decided to participate in the tourney and wouldn't you know I got my very first tournament dragon. So excited! Anyways, I logged into an old account(lvl18) on an old devise that I no longer use and their was only 11 people with points and they was all under 100. So I played just to see what would happen and I'm positive I'm going to come in first with 10 hrs of play time and 150points. Oh, what confusion will be had when people stop by and see Skylord hanging out with Fire and Forest.

chuckyt888
04-04-16, 07:13 AM
The 2 leaders on my board are at 12k.

The 2nd place was at 8 k or so and just sped bred for another 4k+. I have no idea why. All the rest were clearly playing without using much gold, if at all , and were already 3-4K behind! One thing I did find odd is that a lot of the islands had bought the extra roost and fountain but hardly played at all.

I'm very interested in the stories at the end with some of these other leaderboards.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 07:17 AM
I got Pinata but didn't even come close to Tanuki, let alone Galaxy and Skylord. Just not enough gold. Some day I'll have myself a gold dragon. ;) Something fantastic did happen because of this event. I battled in the arena when it first became available to me but I didn't have any high level dragons so I quit. I have a few higher level dragons now but still didn't feel like I would have enough to make it through a tournament. Since I was playing so much to keep up with the event I decided to participate in the tourney and wouldn't you know I got my very first tournament dragon. So excited! Anyways, I logged into an old account(lvl18) on an old devise that I no longer use and their was only 11 people with points and they was all under 100. So I played just to see what would happen and I'm positive I'm going to come in first with 10 hrs of play time and 150points. Oh, what confusion will be had when people stop by and see Skylord hanging out with Fire and Forest.

Congrats on winning! That group was probably filled with players who didn't want to participate at all, what a rare group!

Kennedward
04-04-16, 07:20 AM
The 2 leaders on my board are at 12k.

The 2nd place was at 8 k or so and just sped bred for another 4k+. I have no idea why. All the rest were clearly playing without using much gold, if at all , and were already 3-4K behind! One thing I did find odd is that a lot of the islands had bought the extra roost and fountain but hardly played at all.

I'm very interested in the stories at the end with some of these other leaderboards.

Wow, that's quite a lot, cause pretty much the first 4 players in my group only have a difference of 200 to 300 or so, and the increase in their points were very small since I checked yesterday, so I'm guessing none of them want to play anymore, with the 1st place player having 4000 points or so, so he or she will win in just 3 hours or so

nicsdragonisle
Last day update on the ridiculously high points on a couple of our games. We have 4 'players' in 3 of our groups with identical IDs except for the last number. Doesn't take a genius to determine its the same player with multiple games.
We only got as far as Pi?ata on 4 of ours. Our levels range from the 60s to 107. Not a single one of our games was realistic for the average player. 3 of our games were completely out of reach within the 1st day. It doesn't appear as if we were paired with "similar players" at ALL.
I do not hold anything against those spending gold, btw. I chose not to when I figured out that we wouldn't be able to even reach Tanuki without doing so on any of ours.
1st place
Game 1-46,020 (ID-a***0009)
Game 2-14,527
Game 3-27,068
Game 4-23,820 (ID-a***0003 --- 2nd place 11,098 (ID-a***0004)
Game 5-15,768 --- ID-a***0007 in this group but only has 4,038 here
Best of luck for those who have a shot!

chuckyt888
That's funny. Thanks for sharing your experience. They obviously had a match algorithm in play. Too bad it didn't work well for really active players who don't spend much gold outside of neighbor/offer gold. A lot of people, myself included, got paired with islands that have all the gold producing dragons, 3 and 4 nests, etc. Thats another problem with events like these.... but they could probably care less and may even intend for players "in the middle" between newer players and gold spenders to be driven from the game.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 07:22 AM
Last day update on the ridiculously high points on a couple of our games. We have 4 'players' in 3 of our groups with identical IDs except for the last number. Doesn't take a genius to determine its the same player with multiple games.
We only got as far as Pi?ata on 4 of ours. Our levels range from the 60s to 107. Not a single one of our games was realistic for the average player. 3 of our games were completely out of reach within the 1st day. It doesn't appear as if we were paired with "similar players" at ALL.
I do not hold anything against those spending gold, btw. I chose not to when I figured out that we wouldn't be able to even reach Tanuki without doing so on any of ours.

1-46,020 (ID-a***0009)
2-14,527
3-27,068
4-23,820 (ID-a***0003 --- 2nd place 11,098 (ID-a***0004)
5-15,768 --- ID-a***0007 in this group but only has 4,038 here

Wow! Just wow! I'm speechless seeing 5 players with over 15k points lol

Kennedward
04-04-16, 07:23 AM
That's funny. Thanks for sharing your experience. They obviously had a match algorithm in play. Too bad it didn't work well for really active players who don't spend much gold outside of neighbor/offer gold. A lot of people, myself included, got paired with islands that have all the gold producing dragons, 3 and 4 nests, etc. Thats another problem with events like these.... but they could probably care less and may even intend for players "in the middle" between newer players and gold spenders to be driven from the game.

From my past experience, they only care about the money generated from the game, and this event is a complete success in doing that

puppyzt
04-04-16, 07:27 AM
After dinner results as follows:
3231 - 3733 bost gold
2928 - 2928
2549 this player was on 7th bost gold
2498 - 2498
2328 - 2457 this was on 6th
2436 me
Still some of the lower players are bosting to achieve 4th - 6th place.
Time to sleep, tomorrow I'll inform you all the results. Good night.
And it goes like this:
3733 - 3949 still bosting gold
2549 - 2685
2498 - 2622

Battle for 3th continues, but with 1st bosting other ones can't use. I will go to work, so I'll not se how this finish. However, I'll hope this event change in the future, don't like it. The wheel only gave me floral carpets. Prices at milestones like ballons are ridic..
Why not coins, food, hab,..?
Yet my group is not greed one, the player high level one always had the prize guaranted.
It's great to have this forum to express what we think, at least your comments make me feelt like I'm not the only one that doesn't like this event.
Thanks to all.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 07:40 AM
And it goes like this:
3733 - 3949 still bosting gold
2549 - 2685
2498 - 2622

Battle for 3th continues, but with 1st bosting other ones can't use. I will go to work, so I'll not se how this finish. However, I'll hope this event change in the future, don't like it. The wheel only gave me floral carpets. Prices at milestones like ballons are ridic..
Why not coins, food, hab,..?
Yet my group is not greed one, the player high level one always had the prize guaranted.
It's great to have this forum to express what we think, at least your comments make me feelt like I'm not the only one that doesn't like this event.
Thanks to all.

Same here, heading to work now, won't see how it finishes, but would like changes in the future

blackeneddove
04-04-16, 07:44 AM
Battle for 3th continues, but with 1st bosting other ones can't use.

What do you mean "the other ones can't use"? I thought only one boost could be at active at one time per player not one boost per leaderboard.

I want to make sure I'm clear on this as I was thinking to use a boost, but the player in 1st place has had their boost active all morning. Can we both use a boost at the same time? Seems silly that we wouldn't be able to be as that would limit the gold that players can spend on the event.

Can anyone answer this for me? Thanks.

moonchild1987
04-04-16, 07:46 AM
That's what happened on my main account. It was cool for the first 1.5 days then things got out of hand. So I went and peeked at first place and they are lvl 120ish with 4 nest and 2 dens( I'm lvl 72 with only one of each.) I knew it was game over. Then last night I remembered my other account and was just curious. I figure they put that account in a group with very inactive accounts( I haven't been on it in well over a year, maybe closer to two) and the people who actually had points was people like me who decided to check out old accounts due to this event or people who only play a couple time a week. It's sad though, I don't play that account. So, Skylord won't be getting many, if any, visits.

Clark_Wayne
04-04-16, 08:01 AM
1st place
Game 1-46,020 (ID-a***0009)
Game 2-14,527
Game 3-27,068
Game 4-23,820 (ID-a***0003 --- 2nd place 11,098 (ID-a***0004)
Game 5-15,768 --- ID-a***0007 in this group but only has 4,038 here

go figure why they need so many points ! this is insane ! happy no being in those groups and sorry for those who are with them.

nicsdragonisle
04-04-16, 08:02 AM
What do you mean "the other ones can't use"? I thought only one boost could be at active at one time per player not one boost per leaderboard.

I want to make sure I'm clear on this as I was thinking to use a boost, but the player in 1st place has had their boost active all morning. Can we both use a boost at the same time? Seems silly that we wouldn't be able to be as that would limit the gold that players can spend on the event.

3 players on my board are boosting, so I'm pretty sure you are correct! Hope that helps!

lenasdinner
04-04-16, 08:03 AM
last houers of this event!! I'm so happy about it and I really really hope that we will not see it ever again.I made it to collect over 3000 coins (3066) and I've got Tanuki wich i diden't have,with no using any gold.my group wasent pretty much money spender at this,maybe i little,since I am on 3rd place and was behind all the time some 500 coins under 2nd and 700 coins under 1st place.but this last 24 h I can see that 1st and 2nd place are fighting who is going to be first.and it's about only to be 1st... WINNER.since yesterday they jumping from 1st to 2nd place every minute they are pretty clouse and who knows who will be first at the last second.this is the score.......:1st 3993 and 2nd 3938 .
I don't see why are they doing this,this two prizes have the same prize,different is only gold and silver trophy.
I gues I'm not that much comeptetve to understand this.
Good luck everyone who will get this amazing dragon !!!! (and I hope that we will never see again this event)

roguebee
04-04-16, 08:06 AM

Multiple players can have the boost on at the same time. It's happening on my Leaderboard right now. The restriction is you can't use both boosts at the same time. 1st is using her boost to stay there. The battle is on for 2nd place among 3 players. Been interesting watching the back and forth (up and down?) for those three. I'm just hoping I can get Tanuki before time runs out on main account.

blackeneddove
04-04-16, 08:07 AM

This is hilarious! Congrats on getting to be the top of your leaderboard and most assuredly getting the Skylord! :D

blackeneddove
04-04-16, 08:09 AM
3 players on my board are boosting, so I'm pretty sure you are correct! Hope that helps!

Multiple players can have the boost on at the same time. It's happening on my Leaderboard right now. The restriction is you can't use both boosts at the same time. 1st is using her boost to stay there. The battle is on for 2nd place among 3 players. Been interesting watching the back and forth (up and down?) for those three. I'm just hoping I can get Tanuki before time runs out on main account.

Thanks!! Turned my boost on - hoping to move up to 2nd! But I guess I shoulda planned it out better because I don't think I will end up with enough points even with it turned on. *nervous laugh* Oh well.

LocalNews
04-04-16, 08:21 AM
I had the other dragons, Pinata and Galaxy, already and I wasn't about to compete with the top players for the grand prize dragons. I did decide to get the 1.5 boost once and speeded up the two nests I had during the hour. It got me the Tanuki for about 60 gems. I think that was worth the gems I spent to get a dragon I didn't have.

Clark_Wayne
04-04-16, 08:27 AM

i had a look in my baby account and i saw the same happening LOL

irishcoffee30
04-04-16, 08:28 AM
I am feel pretty lucky not to have a crazy leader board. I have just been playing normally, made a few errors, and I believe I will end up in 6th place. I think my downfall was trying for ultras end getting commons the whole time. The only really great thing that has come out of this is I did get Fairytale! That dragon has eluded me for a year and half it feels like. I'm so excited to start breeding it!

Hawk1
04-04-16, 08:30 AM
That's what happened on my main account. It was cool for the first 1.5 days then things got out of hand. So I went and peeked at first place and they are lvl 120ish with 4 nest and 2 dens( I'm lvl 72 with only one of each.) I knew it was game over. Then last night I remembered my other account and was just curious. I figure they put that account in a group with very inactive accounts( I haven't been on it in well over a year, maybe closer to two) and the people who actually had points was people like me who decided to check out old accounts due to this event or people who only play a couple time a week. It's sad though, I don't play that account. So, Skylord won't be getting many, if any, visits.
Not everyone with 2 dens are using both, you have to spend 100 gold to activate second den, my send den was used once when they had special.
First place on my leaderboard is using both dens, has 3 eggs on the nest plus is using Arctic Isles and they are diffently winning first place. Second place is pretty much a lock too.
I had 3 lucky spins that gave me the push I needed to get Galaxy, color me shocked, I was pretty much resigned to being short by about 120 points.

I still dislike this event, I play DS because it's supposed to be non competitive, community activities are fun this event is not fun.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 08:33 AM
i had a look in my baby account and i saw the same happening LOL

Wow! 3 players are boosting! lol

Kennedward
04-04-16, 08:34 AM
I am feel pretty lucky not to have a crazy leader board. I have just been playing normally, made a few errors, and I believe I will end up in 6th place. I think my downfall was trying for ultras end getting commons the whole time. The only really great thing that has come out of this is I did get Fairytale! That dragon has eluded me for a year and half it feels like. I'm so excited to start breeding it!

Same here, I didn't want to participate so I have very few points, and just checked my group again: nobody's boosting and points are similar as i last checked.

This is the type of group I want to be in, without any of those crazy high points players.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 08:35 AM
Not everyone with 2 dens are using both, you have to spend 100 gold to activate second den, my send den was used once when they had special.
First place on my leaderboard is using both dens, has 3 eggs on the nest plus is using Arctic Isles and they are diffently winning first place. Second place is pretty much a lock too.
I had 3 lucky spins that gave me the push I needed to get Galaxy, color me shocked, I was pretty much resigned to being short by about 120 points.

I still dislike this event, I play DS because it's supposed to be non competitive, community activities are fun this event is not fun.

Like I previously said, I want more world events and less of this competitive event!

lnztrekfan
04-04-16, 08:48 AM
I have a question and am hoping someone can answer me. I have exactly 2142 points currently in 9th and no chance nor desire to move up. I have a quest due back. (10 points) I have mist egg ready (common 14 hr) and Social breeding fail on roost (Super 21 hr). My question is could I get enough points to get Pinata. I believe I need 158? I could purchase the 7 gold boost if needed. But I honestly have no concept of how many points this would net me. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

TwiWoods
04-04-16, 08:50 AM
What a battle! 1st place in my league just got taken over with 22,616 points! This person had less than 6,000 yesterday. Former 1st and 2nd placers (@ 21,641 & 15,517) are going to be upset- lol!!!

Hope 3rd place is watching, they are about to be out a dragon!!

I was undecided about spending gold, but decided a dupe Galaxy will get me a large pink gem when traded and the Quartz dragon is the only craft dragon I don't have. So a couple days ago, I activated my Roost and attempted to breed for the missing diamond hybrids in the Artic Isles. I sped a couple of eggs and got Galaxy this morning. AND bred my first Diamond!! The ONLY thing I like about this event :p

Clark_Wayne
04-04-16, 08:58 AM
I have a question and am hoping someone can answer me. I have exactly 2142 points currently in 9th and no chance nor desire to move up. I have a quest due back. (10 points) I have mist egg ready (common 14 hr) and Social breeding fail on roost (Super 21 hr). My question is could I get enough points to get Pinata. I believe I need 158? I could purchase the 7 gold boost if needed. But I honestly have no concept of how many points this would net me. Please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

yes with the 7 golds boost , you got over 150 points (social : 63 bonus 20 become 125, mist : 42 become 63, if i'm not wrong :D)

Kennedward
04-04-16, 09:04 AM
What a battle! 1st place in my league just got taken over with 22,616 points! This person had less than 6,000 yesterday. Former 1st and 2nd placers (@ 21,641 & 15,517) are going to be upset- lol!!!

Hope 3rd place is watching, they are about to be out a dragon!!

I was undecided about spending gold, but decided a dupe Galaxy will get me a large pink gem when traded and the Quartz dragon is the only craft dragon I don't have. So a couple days ago, I activated my Roost and attempted to breed for the missing diamond hybrids in the Artic Isles. I sped a couple of eggs and got Galaxy this morning. AND bred my first Diamond!! The ONLY thing I like about this event :p

Wow, big competitors over there.

As for me, I just checked and finally something's up, top 3 has completely changed, with all 3 new players having the 30 gold boosts on, now they are sitting at:
1. 7128
2. 6873
3. 6557

With the original #1 having 4012 points now only being 4th place. Things are getting heated up for the last hour lol

fhjigfrf
04-04-16, 09:05 AM
Only 4 in my group made it to Galaxy.

Right now, the 2nd place player is 25 points behind 1st. 3rd is 150 behind and boosting.

I'm another 100 behind and happy to be getting food.

BTW the FAQ for the event implies that the next one might be about feeding and evolving rather than breeding. Start saving food!

Kennedward
04-04-16, 09:09 AM
Only 4 in my group made it to Galaxy.

Right now, the 2nd place player is 25 points behind 1st. 3rd is 150 behind and boosting.

I'm another 100 behind and happy to be getting food.

BTW the FAQ for the event implies that the next one might be about feeding and evolving rather than breeding. Start saving food!

Same here, I'll be happy to get food, wouldn't want to be dragged into what I would like to call a "gold war"

lnztrekfan
04-04-16, 09:09 AM
yes with the 7 golds boost , you got over 150 points (social : 63 bonus 20 become 125, mist : 42 become 63, if i'm not wrong :D)

Thank you! :) Do you think I need to speed hatch the Social egg or will just putting it on the nest net me the points?

Anaboe
04-04-16, 09:18 AM
No one in my group has gotten to Galaxy yet, thomist still might happen. I have a Dawntree, Mist, 22-hour Super Rare, on the nest, a 10-point quest waiting, a 20-hour breeding finished and a breeding finished on the Arctic Isles, and a spin left. I'm in second place with 3.301 points, 1st is 3.452, third and fourth have 2.843.

This event bothers me a lot: I do am a competative person, but I don't want to be, that is why I liked DS: no competition. But now there is a competition, I automaticly calculate the best strategy, and can't help following that... I hate it... But I can't stand loosing either... So stuck between a rock and a hard place. I just don't want to spent (a lot of) gold, let alone real money. But with 3 nests, and a storage with over 150 mostly rare and super rare dragons, it isn't hard to have a succesfull strategy withouten spending gold. Up till now, I spent 1 gold, a speeding of a breeding an hour before I went to bed.

Doubting if I'd buy the 7 gold booster, but since I don't want to see this type of event ever again, the less gold TL/S8 gets, the better, so I guess I'll take my chances without spending gold. Don't need Galaxy either, since I already have that one too, as I already have 2 Pinata's and 2 Tanuki's.

Ok, I'm watching this every minute... Stressing out... Never have I done this before, and I don't like it!

Don't need it for the gems too, for I already have all crafting-Dragons too.

Clark_Wayne
04-04-16, 09:23 AM
Thank you! :) Do you think I need to speed hatch the Social egg or will just putting it on the nest net me the points?

bonus for social apply only when hatched. when you put it in nest , it is only 63 points (95 with the boost) with mist and the quest
you must have enough for pinata. if not , you still can speed hatch social. but do it fast : 30 min left ;)

Kennedward
04-04-16, 09:25 AM
Last 35 mins, just checked and now top 4 all have boosts, with the following points:

1. 8129
2. 7785
3. 7608
4. 6503

The lengths some people will go for just a dragon....

Lurker2
04-04-16, 09:26 AM
I'm definitely in third place. By my caiculations, I couldn't get to second place with less than an hour to go without spending real money. I would have to buy a gift card to do that.

Third place does get 25,000 food and 20 maps, both of which are useful to me.

I did manage to breed 9 new dragons as well as a few duplicates, and all 3 milestone dragons are new to my island as well.

Anaboe
04-04-16, 09:28 AM
Waiting till the last 15 minutes to get the last points...

pernmagic
04-04-16, 09:28 AM
Anaboe that is tough place to be ...... Do you or don't you go ahead ......difficult one ........Makes me wonder if TL was hoping this type of event would trigger the competition between us all and if so that increase their income ...... I actually wanted Tanuki so using my one and only boost to get it at no cost to anyone else as I'm sitting at 12 was ok for me ...... I think ?

TwiWoods
04-04-16, 09:33 AM
I wonder how many of the developers will win Skylord? Post #11 says they are playing with us. Maybe that's who has 22,000+ points on my leaderboard :rolleyes:

Oh wait, I looked away for a minute, the leader has 27,912 points now...

Clark_Wayne
04-04-16, 09:35 AM
No one in my group has gotten to Galaxy yet, thomist still might happen. I have a Dawntree, Mist, 22-hour Super Rare, on the nest, a 10-point quest waiting, a 20-hour breeding finished and a breeding finished on the Arctic Isles, and a spin left. I'm in second place with 3.301 points, 1st is 3.452, third and fourth have 2.843.

This event bothers me a lot: I do am a competative person, but I don't want to be, that is why I liked DS: no competition. But now there is a competition, I automaticly calculate the best strategy, and can't help following that... I hate it... But I can't stand loosing either... So stuck between a rock and a hard place. I just don't want to spent (a lot of) gold, let alone real money. But with 3 nests, and a storage with over 150 mostly rare and super rare dragons, it isn't hard to have a succesfull strategy withouten spending gold. Up till now, I spent 1 gold, a speeding of a breeding an hour before I went to bed.

Doubting if I'd buy the 7 gold booster, but since I don't want to see this type of event ever again, the less gold TL/S8 gets, the better, so I guess I'll take my chances without spending gold. Don't need Galaxy either, since I already have that one too, as I already have 2 Pinata's and 2 Tanuki's.

Ok, I'm watching this every minute... Stressing out... Never have I done this before, and I don't like it!

Don't need it for the gems too, for I already have all crafting-Dragons too.

agreed. very stressing LOL . i'm leader in my group with 5333 points. 2nd is 200 behind using a 7 golds boost LOL, 3rd is 1500 points behind not changing for hours. i only bought 1 fountain just to have one . and the 4th nest, but i planned to buy it. event just made me buy it earlier.
i never use boosts, just speeding 1h or 2h. could afford it , since i saved lots of golds with my 11 golds dragons.

luckyaa7
04-04-16, 09:38 AM
It's kind of fun to watch my leaderboard. People started to use boost. 1st and 3rd has boost on now. 1st has 13k so he/she is locked. 2nd has 9174 and 3rd has 9006 and 3rd has boost on. Wondering whether 3rd can knock 2nd off. In my group, up to 9th has over 3900.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 09:43 AM
It's kind of fun to watch my leaderboard. People started to use boost. 1st and 3rd has boost on now. 1st has 13k so he/she is locked. 2nd has 9174 and 3rd has 9006 and 3rd has boost on. Wondering whether 3rd can knock 2nd off. In my group, up to 9th has over 3900.

Same here, top 4 players on my board have boosts on and have greatly increased in points!

belarica
04-04-16, 09:44 AM
Got galaxy this morning :) I didn't get it on the wheel so I'm happy. One of my baby accounts is top of the leaderboard still at 1634, I hatched a diamond dragon this morning that boosted the points a bit. Second place is at 1398

Sandybellee
04-04-16, 09:46 AM
The third overtook the second on my board but absolutely nothing has been happening since... No boosts... Everyone seems to be waiting it out...

saghaven
04-04-16, 09:47 AM
Yeah, the leader through the entire event just lost 1st place because someone who had been #4 or 5 used boosts the past couple of days, and skyrocketed into the top three and has a boost on now which put them up at #1. I think the previous leader is in a time zone where they're sleeping but they are at a comfortable #2 so they'll still get the dragon. I'm going to come in 4th. I wasn't remotely using up all my gold for this nonsense. I hope we never have an event like this again.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 09:48 AM
Wow, now top 5 have boosts on and the points have greatly changed, should be a fun last 10 mins for me to watch lol

luckyaa7
04-04-16, 09:49 AM

Now the 2nd turned on the boost. Lol

sipland
04-04-16, 09:50 AM
I just did the 7 gold boost plus 5 to speed an egg. 12 gold to get Tanuki seems like a good deal to me ... leader in my group is at 8,000+ active boost.

Anaboe
04-04-16, 09:51 AM
I'm done. No points to gain, not unless I spent gold, which I refuse. Now the waiting starts...

Third place just bought the 30 gold boost... But he's 280 points behind... Correction, 90 points behind, just swapped placed with nr. 2.

Sandybellee
04-04-16, 09:51 AM
Wow, now top 5 have boosts on and the points have greatly changed, should be a fun last 10 mins for me to watch lol

Enjoy! Lol! I was hoping for a good show but so far it's like watching paint dry. :D

Idwasid
04-04-16, 09:53 AM
]I had 2992 in points with 10 about to be ready. I spun the wheel and got 36 points. They subtracted from my total and now I am short from getting the Tanuki! I spent gold getting this! Please, give me my dragon or my gold back I spent in this event!!!!!!!!!!

justinbieber4444
04-04-16, 09:54 AM
Hate it! Nothing has made me want to quit this game more than this event. Add in the World Events that suck up all the food and I'm about to hang it up.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 09:55 AM
Enjoy! Lol! I was hoping for a good show but so far it's like watching paint dry. :D

It's great so far lol, 1st place now have a little over 9000 points, coming up from 1500 or so before using gold and spending all that gold, wondering how much he spent?

Here's the points right now:
1. 9047
2. 8846
3. 8725
4. 7908
5. 6654

Anaboe
04-04-16, 09:56 AM
This sucks... I forgot to spin the wheel, and now the wheel is gone, before time! Really? Why an I this competative?? I hate it!

And I just lost first place by 32 points... Somthing the wheel could have gotten me easily!
And even after the time has passer, the nr. 1 got another 100 points! How the hel is this possible?

Kennedward
04-04-16, 09:57 AM
I'm done. No points to gain, not unless I spent gold, which I refuse. Now the waiting starts...

Third place just bought the 30 gold boost... But he's 280 points behind... Correction, 90 points behind, just swapped placed with nr. 2.

Rather than waiting, I'm waiting a great battle in my group lol, almost ending now

silverybunny
04-04-16, 09:57 AM
I have a question but won't likely get an honest answer. Has anyone gotten all the dragons and NOT used ANY gold? I mean ANY no speeding, boosted breeding, no boosts at all, no fountain, did not buy extra breeding den or have more than 2 nests?

lnztrekfan
04-04-16, 09:58 AM
bonus for social apply only when hatched. when you put it in nest , it is only 63 points (95 with the boost) with mist and the quest
you must have enough for pinata. if not , you still can speed hatch social. but do it fast : 30 min left ;)

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your help!:) I got pinata! I actually had a spin left as well. I ended up with 2342 with an egg on the nest. I completed misjudged my egg. I though it was Social but it definitely isn't! I think it is Carnival? 20 hrs.

I spent total 7 gold this entire competition on each of my three islands for the last half hour.
My first Main isle I got Pinata and 8th place with 2342 points. Places 1-3 had 4186, 4163, 3088 finishing with boosts.
My second isle got 1st place with 2004 won by 192.
My third baby isle got 1st place with 1755 won by 33 points so I still would have gotten 2nd.
I was very lucky in that all my groups were very even and had no huge runaways.

Niire
04-04-16, 10:00 AM
LOL, okay, i got third place. But...I would have goten second or first if I had not lost my points...

lenasdinner
04-04-16, 10:02 AM
I have a question but won't likely get an honest answer. Has anyone gotten all the dragons and NOT used ANY gold? I mean ANY no speeding, boosted breeding, no boosts at all, no fountain, did not buy extra breeding den or have more than 2 nests?

I did not spend any gold and got me to win Tanuki dragon and thats about it.I played all the way all the time just to see how far I can get.and that's it 3141 points.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 10:02 AM
It's great so far lol, 1st place now have a little over 9000 points, coming up from 1500 or so before using gold and spending all that gold, wondering how much he spent?

Here's the points right now:
1. 9047
2. 8846
3. 8725
4. 7908
5. 6654

Ok finally ended, and the final results are exactly the same as my last post, which was posted just 3 mins before it ends.

Well, it was a lot of fun seeing how some players who didn't seem interested at first boosted at the last few hours to gain all those points, and how the player who was #1 for everyday lost at the end and ended up in 5th place. Very interesting to see how many players are saving up right until the end to gain points.

Kennedward
04-04-16, 10:03 AM
LOL, okay, i got third place. But...I would have goten second or first if I had not lost my points...

How did you lose your points?

savage_mel
04-04-16, 10:03 AM
I really did NOT enjoy this event. there are too many factors that make all players not equal. and if everyone is not equal it is unfair to have them compete against each other. This by far was the least enjoyable part of this game. I hope they never do an event like this again

flch1ck
04-04-16, 10:05 AM
I did not spend any gold and got me to win Tanuki dragon and thats about it.I playd all the way all the time just to see how far I can get.and that's it 3141 points.

Same here. I made it to 3180 points and by some miracle came in first for my group. No gold just doing the 1 hour quest the entire time. I really wanted the Galaxy dragon but... oh well.

Niire
04-04-16, 10:05 AM
How did you lose your points?

I lost 4 of the 6 hour quests and I'm not sure how many of the 10 point ones, I put in a ticket but yea...

I would get my quest off and put another on first thing, since you basically end up there when you log on...I'd gather coin, food, arena, evolutions, bombing...then log off, come back later and the points would be gone.

Second place was 6344, I was 6323, and first place was 6427.

tromalyt
04-04-16, 10:07 AM
This sucks... I forgot to spin the wheel, and now the wheel is gone, before time! Really? Why an I this competative?? I hate it!

And I just lost first place by 32 points... Somthing the wheel could have gotten me easily!
And even after the time has passer, the nr. 1 got another 100 points! How the hel is this possible?

Yep, I was supposed to get a new spin 2 minutes before the time was over. I logged in to spin the wheel but the wheel was not more in the screen, 90 seconds before time. I just wanted to try for the 3 gold slice.

AliceWinter24
04-04-16, 10:07 AM
I wasn't going to spend gold, or stress out over this event, but in the final hours I did just that lol. I was so close to Tanuki, so I decided to buy a 7 gold boost. It wasn't enough, but now of course I was even closer, so I ended up spending 19 gold to get the Tanuki.

lenasdinner
04-04-16, 10:08 AM
Ok finally ended, and the final results are exactly the same as my last post, which was posted just 3 mins before it ends.

Well, it was a lot of fun seeing how some players who didn't seem interested at first boosted at the last few hours to gain all those points, and how the player who was #1 for everyday lost at the end and ended up in 5th place. Very interesting to see how many players are saving up right until the end to gain points.

I don't think thay where no interested,it just strategy.thay waited last day so thay can beet one onather,maybe this way thay spend less gold then if thay spendit gold from day one.

TeasTeas
04-04-16, 10:08 AM
I got first place at 3959! When is it going to tally?! !!!!!

kat8rose
04-04-16, 10:09 AM
In top 12, got food yay! Never turn my nose up at extra food, so ty for that.

Congrats to all the winners and the hard bought...mean, hard fought victory **wink wink...the big winner, s8! We should be buying stock.

saghaven
04-04-16, 10:09 AM
Yep, I only got to Tanuki and only used one boost early in the rounds. Still just had my two nest, didn't get the fountain, didn't speed up breeding or hatching, did my quests like normal, and didn't get an extra den. These prizes didn't matter to me as I already had both Pinata and Tanuki. Ended up in 4th place with 3181. 3rd place beat me by like 430 points. #2 beat #3 by almost 2000 points. SMDH.

fhjigfrf
04-04-16, 10:10 AM
I feel bad for the 3rd place person on my board. She was comfortably in 1st most of the event, still easily 1 or 2 this morning, but the top three were boosting and speeding this morning. She missed it by 15 points.

Sandybellee
Ok, not so much going on during the last minutes until there was about 30 seconds left and the third player (who was earlier in second place) took back the second place. Number 3 must not be very happy. It says to check back soon for final rankings though...

If the rankings don't change, I placed 6th. 20 000 apples are very welcome. But I hope we won't have anymore events like this like so many others.

waimanalokat
Winner in my group had 4019, second 3563. I was 6th with 2438. Got my maps and apples so I'm happy. No interest in the coin but I know a lot of people need it so that's fair. Only things I'd change are take decor off the wheel and make milestone dragons easier to get.

lenasdinner
04-04-16, 10:12 AM
Same here. I made it to 3180 points and by some miracle came in first for my group. No gold just doing the 1 hour quest the entire time. I really wanted the Galaxy dragon but... oh well.

congrats on your win.great group you had.I was 1100 points behind from the first place.but what ever I wasent going to win this because it seams to me very imposible. 1st in my group 4225 and 2nd 4119.

tromalyt
I did not spend any gold and got me to win Tanuki dragon and thats about it.I played all the way all the time just to see how far I can get.and that's it 3141 points.

Same here, I had 2 nests, though. No gold spent. 3625 points. fourth in my group. Had I set up my alarm to spin the wheel in the middle of the night I could have got galaxy. But I am not that crazy.

edd2309
When do we get our prizes?

erxi9
04-04-16, 10:14 AM
I won the 2nd place but can't find skylord dragon in my storage. So confusing.

hestiarulez
04-04-16, 10:14 AM
Last 2 minutes of the game was stressful, to be honest. Had a 500 point lead against 2nd, and 1000 point lead against 3rd - which all evaporated in a matter of seconds, and ended up second when the clock ran out. I really feel sorry for the third rank person in our group - He/She played well and fair. So did others and me, but losing out in the last 8 seconds must have been extremely disappointing.. Congrats to all the winners, and all of you who participated.. It was fun, much different from the usual DS games.

cdbabe
04-04-16, 10:15 AM
The event finish now and saying please come back soon for the final ranking!!

When is it going to be? any idea TL?

Clark_Wayne
When do we get our prizes?

good question ;) may be they will say now : all of this was a joke LOL

sionidra
Well my main dragon did not get to play the first few days, finally got to play and ended up in 9th with nothing to show for it. First place had over 20,000. My low level game which I only have because I couldn't figure out how to get my other game on my ipad so it isn't used for much of anything ended up with 1610 pts and surprisingly won.

Niire
04-04-16, 10:16 AM
I feel bad for the 3rd place person on my board. She was comfortably in 1st most of the event, still easily 1 or 2 this morning, but the top three were boosting and speeding this morning. She missed it by 15 points.

That just happened to me, lol. i wonder if you are on my board..but I am actually a bit miffed, because if I had not lost points on those quests I actually paid for and did, i would have been second place, maybe even first...

Simdiva
04-04-16, 10:16 AM
There were three in our group. In the end it came down to luck as the three that were pushing and I was in that group, seemed to be breeding anything to get the coveted supers. I ended up with at least fifteen new dragons (several of which I wanted very badly) and two diamonds so I guess it ended ok even tho it was a hefty price for that sky lord. However from the numbers I am seeing posted I sure wish I was in one of those groups lol, they were tame compared to mine... Top 3 were 46000, 45000, 43000 respectively, next was 8000. Most of the action came in the last six hours not the last half. From about 2 am on the pace was lit up with double boosts. So as someone said, Well fought and bought lol but never again for me, too much money and besides nothing left to breed. I was tossing out so many supers it was unreal. Even tossed out duplicates of the current limiteds!

Anaboe
04-04-16, 10:17 AM
A joke, everyone gets the gold spent the last days back, and gets a Skylord! Now THAT would be a birthday party.

813vv
04-04-16, 10:18 AM
Oh... I win the first! just because no one in my board seems care about that lol... No one in my board got Pinata (included me). Haiz...
I have totall 2021, no golds spend, forget to collect quest an spin wheel sometimes.
But... I cant see my prize!! They said Results an nothing else happens! Where is my Skylord? My only one I could get from this event???

lenasdinner
good question ;) may be they will say now : all of this was a joke LOL

if thay dident do it for turnament with Foll dragon,I don't think thay will do it know.maybe needs time.........

roadui
I have got 7064 score to get rank 1
rank2= 5942
rank3= 5693
rank4= 4316
rank5= 3438

lenasdinner
04-04-16, 10:19 AM
Oh... I win the first! just because no one in my board seems care about that lol... No one in my board got Pinata (included me). Haiz...
I have totall 2021, no golds spend, forget to collect quest an spin wheel sometimes.
But... I cant see my prize!! They said Results an nothing else happens! Where is my Skylord? My only one I could get from this event???

wooow you are really lucky.

JustKay
04-04-16, 10:20 AM
Wow, what a crazy finish for my group. Coming into the final 2 hours, I'm leading but just in case I fire up my last 2x boost and pop a few eggs. I keep my good ones as a last resort and start going about collecting the leadership points around my island. I'm sitting pretty at just under 7000. Around and hour and a half from the finish, no 4 (only 4 players still in contention now), fires up his boost and starts racing up the charts. 6000... 6200... 6400... 7160... I can still take him. I'll wait to see where he stops for a breather. An hour later I check in... 8500... 10000... finally stopping at 11230! I'm still sitting tidy at my original 7101. Ok, no point throwing good gold after bad gold... I resign myself to second place. I've collected the last few points I can and have decided not to use my two ace eggs. Save em on the nest for next time... but two minutes out from the finish, no3 fires up a 2x boost... 6135... 6500... I panic! I pop my two good eggs, and start dumping random storage eggs onto nests. I barely have time to check the leaderboard, and the game is stuttering on my old iPhone 4 as I frantically try to hatch and place dragons. At the very end, I check the results board... I'm on 7645... she's on 7616... 30 points difference! 10 measly gold short... Phew!

lenasdinner
04-04-16, 10:20 AM
A joke, everyone gets the gold spent the last days back, and gets a Skylord! Now THAT would be a birthday party.

wooow!!!that will be really something,but with TL so far from it....

Bastiaan0
04-04-16, 10:21 AM

Perfectly normal group, I guess :) Saw #1 using a boost, just to get him up to 3900 points. I already had Galaxy, so very happy with Tanuki and Skylord on top of it.
Haven't been reading all posts in the last 15 pages, but I saw a very good recommendation for S8 to contemplate: make it an option to take part in these events.

As for me, I don't like this event. I wouldn't mind seeing this format go.

blackeneddove
04-04-16, 10:24 AM
Wow, what a crazy finish for my group. Coming into the final 2 hours, I'm leading but just in case I fire up my last 2x boost and pop a few eggs. I keep my good ones as a last resort and start going about collecting the leadership points around my island. I'm sitting pretty at just under 7000. Around and hour and a half from the finish, no 4 (only 4 players still in contention now), fires up his boost and starts racing up the charts. 6000... 6200... 6400... 7160... I can still take him. I'll wait to see where he stops for a breather. An hour later I check in... 8500... 10000... finally stopping at 11230! I'm still sitting tidy at my original 7101. Ok, no point throwing good gold after bad gold... I resign myself to second place. I've collected the last few points I can and have decided not to use my two ace eggs. Save em on the nest for next time... but two minutes out from the finish, no3 fires up a 2x boost... 6135... 6500... I panic! I pop my two good eggs, and start dumping random storage eggs onto nests. I barely have time to check the leaderboard, and the game is stuttering on my old iPhone 4 as I frantically try to hatch and place dragons. At the very end, I check the results board... I'm on 7645... she's on 7616... 30 points difference! 10 measly gold short... Phew!

Whoo!! What an exciting play-by-play of your race to the finish!!! :eek::D Congrats on finishing 2nd!! Super exciting :)

Lurker2
04-04-16, 10:26 AM

It says "Check back soon for final rankings !" at the top of the Rank page.

Clark_Wayne
04-04-16, 10:27 AM
wow, what a crazy finish for my group. Coming into the final 2 hours, i'm leading but just in case i fire up my last 2x boost and pop a few eggs. I keep my good ones as a last resort and start going about collecting the leadership points around my island. I'm sitting pretty at just under 7000. Around and hour and a half from the finish, no 4 (only 4 players still in contention now), fires up his boost and starts racing up the charts. 6000... 6200... 6400... 7160... I can still take him. I'll wait to see where he stops for a breather. An hour later i check in... 8500... 10000... Finally stopping at 11230! I'm still sitting tidy at my original 7101. Ok, no point throwing good gold after bad gold... I resign myself to second place. I've collected the last few points i can and have decided not to use my two ace eggs. Save em on the nest for next time... But two minutes out from the finish, no3 fires up a 2x boost... 6135... 6500... I panic! I pop my two good eggs, and start dumping random storage eggs onto nests. I barely have time to check the leaderboard, and the game is stuttering on my old iphone 4 as i frantically try to hatch and place dragons. At the very end, i check the results board... I'm on 7645... She's on 7616... 30 points difference! 10 measly gold short... Phew!

lol

Najchi
04-04-16, 10:27 AM
I came in first with 2461 points in my group. I think I saw boost only once, and I used it once when I was hatching hidden gem dragon. Mine was slow group, I think we even had someone with 0 points until few hours ago. But still, I also don't like this event, and competition in these types of games.

TeasTeas
04-04-16, 10:28 AM
Last minute i decided to go ahead and push for galexy. Was already ahead but couldn't pass it up after making it that far. I got Galexy with 30 seconds to spare LOL.
I had a good distance between myself and second. Just in case, i pushed for Tanuki wanting it so badly. Was willing to sit at second place but number 1 was only pushing up the bare minimum and i just couldnt sit behind without them moving up efficiently. Tanuki or bust! lol
Oh the wait is ****ing meeeeeee

lnztrekfan
04-04-16, 10:29 AM
Whoo!! What an exciting play-by-play of your race to the finish!!! :eek::D Congrats on finishing 2nd!! Super exciting :)

I'll second that! :)

MsMelanieMonster
04-04-16, 10:30 AM
I just spent about 100 gold that I had saved to speed breed and hatch for the 900ish points I needed to reach Tanuki. I was too close and have always wanted him. Wish I would've remembered the boost!!! It probably would've cost me more gold-- I would've been a couple hundred short of getting Galaxy. I figured a cost of 100 gold for Tanuki wasn't bad and I would still get whatever bonus for 5th place and have the new dragons from breeding.
I could've had 4th if I had used the boost :(

Final thoughts: It was nice to have time to level up some of the dragons I wanted to and still be able to have 300,000 food. Otherwise, I have two nests that were full the entire time with non breedable dragons from storage, crafted dragons during this event, the dragons I bred, and using Air or Olympus to keep them full in between. I quested as often as I could which was all the time -- minus Saturday at my niece's birthday party and 6 hour quests while sleeping. And I still had to spend gold to get to the 7th prize? I get that we shouldn't expect to finish everything but it should at least be possible within the time given. I could've had 3.9K in about two more days. The 8 times I got floor tiles on the wheel didn't help.
To that guy in the S8 office -- the one that always says the wheel is a bonus so there should be crappy stuff on it -- you made your point.
I reached my goal but due to speeding also didn't get to enjoy seeing these eggs on the nest: Godmother, Pinata, Artemis, Fool, Celestial... and some of those eggs are beautiful!
The only benefit was not having to use food for certain dragons, which could have been accomplished by no event at all. I have Pinata and Tanuki for 10(?) days of hard work and because there have been so many new dragons lately it doesn't seem worth it. I've been unable to breed rare/super rare dragons lately, and just sped through getting wonderful breeding results (try Olympus & Night! - beware of Coral fails...) Now I am out of habitat space and don't know who is where. I guess stuff like this got a bunch of us to clear out our storage and spend some extra gold so as usual, S8 wins.
Sorry for being a downer -- just wanted to share -- I hope everyone was able to reach their goals and do well!

seisurreal
04-04-16, 10:30 AM
It says "Check back soon for final rankings !" at the top of the Rank page.

Same here lol

stevenlee2905
04-04-16, 10:31 AM
I finished this with 2991 points, 9 more points to get that Tanuki dragon, sooo sad. :(
"Checked back for final rankings", does it mean that we'll get additional points for the final rankings? I hope sooo as I need 9 more points to get Tanuki... :(

amerirish
04-04-16, 10:32 AM
Congrats to the winners.

I was 500 short of getting Galaxy which was the only one I had even a tiny chance of getting so this was a bust for me as I knew it would be.

Hawk1
04-04-16, 10:32 AM
There were 3 people boosting the last hour but one of them only wanted Tanuki, which I can understand at 7 gold totally worth it for them. Second person boosted to go from 6th to 4th which seemed really odd, leader boosted to make sure they won but to be honest they wasted their gold since there really was no question they were definitely winning.

To the person that asked if anyone used no gold, depends on what difference it makes, plenty of people use 1-2 gold to get a dragon off the nest before they go to sleep during regular play, so why shouldn't they during this ridiculous event?
Personally I don't care how someone spends their gold if I'm not paying for it, wish this event was a bad dream :(

7 won Tanuki and the top 3 got Galaxy

debhutchinson
04-04-16, 10:33 AM
All in all I think this is a fun addition to DS but I think some things need to be changed:

1). Players in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place should get the Skylord dragon.

2) The cost of the Skylord event seems ridiculously high and I am not adverse to buying substantial gold to play this game. The top player in my group was 23,000 points. That as you can imagine took a considerable amount of gold.

3). Please do not put our Storm8IDs on the leader board. Instead please put our island name. Actually I wish the Forum also used our island ID and not our Storm8ID as well.

Thanks to TL for coming up with this new & fun way to play the game. Way more fun than any other event types so far.

Regards, Deb
Level 200
634 out of 636 dragons in Album
AT HABITAT AND LAND MAX !!!!!!!

kaypee10
04-04-16, 10:36 AM
I was ranked first in my group and 2nd place was 100 behind. But boosts were activated within the last hour so they, technically still have time left. Does that means dragons hatching/breeding within that time count even though the event is finished?? Hope not, because then I drop back to 2nd place :( lol

lenasdinner
04-04-16, 10:37 AM
theay say see your prize in your storage,but there still nothing

pernmagic
These are the final scores of the top two in my group

25968 and 24340 you can see why I came 12 th ..... No comments :)

AnglChk507
So my group has 3/4/10th place players all using boost right now. 3/4 are neck and neck im assuming they are trying for second? Maybe even first lol and i honestly have no idea why the 10th place guy is doing it that boost is only an hour and he is a good 3000 away from the other two using a 2hour boost. Im totally watching this board cause im super curious how itll play

TeasTeas
At first for a second on seeing "Check back soon for final rankings" my thoughts went to omg.. 1 person only get Skylord?! Omg i swear my phone will go sailing..

"um.. excuse me.. um.. scuse me.. i have not received my stapler.. my stapler.. umm.. I've not recieved my stapler"

1ch1ps
04-04-16, 10:41 AM
I got 2nd in my group... Congrats to []1 who got me by 74 pts right at the end...that was fun, it was the two of us taking turns leading throughout the event... I was leading with 2 minutes left, but I got my Skylord dragon so all is good.

I think the top 3 should've got the dragon...1st should've got the coins, maps and some gold...2nd & 3rd should've got the coins maps & gold, just in different amounts...

Congrats to all the winners!

amalsaba
So where is the prize?

TeasTeas
These are the final scores of the top two in my group

25968 and 24340 you can see why I came 12 th ..... No comments :)

Oh wow... OUCHIE $$$$ no comment needed.. oof

cdbabe
04-04-16, 10:44 AM
Wow 634 out of 636 dragons I envy your island :-)

Can I add you as neighbor :-) hope you don't mind :-)just want to see what it look like :-)

Mine is 471 out of 562 dragons :-) still long way to go for me :-)

1ch1ps
04-04-16, 10:45 AM
That one group was wild....over 24,000 points. I was 2nd with 6572 & 1st was 6646...

JCG812
04-04-16, 10:45 AM
At first for a second on seeing "Check back soon for final rankings" my thoughts went to omg.. 1 person only get Skylord?! Omg i swear my phone will go sailing..

"um.. excuse me.. um.. scuse me.. i have not received my stapler.. my stapler.. umm.. I've not recieved my stapler"

Lol.. comedy!!

Skylord is in my storage, baby is looking super cute!
Fun event, nail biting at the very end with 2% battery left on the iphone. Whew.