PDA

View Full Version : Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

TeasTeas
04-01-16, 01:58 AM
Now quests are giving points then removing.. so frustrating.. m(;*)m

Niire
04-01-16, 04:02 AM
Gah! Now I am losing the 10 point quests. I'm putting in a ticket. i don't care about the skylord thing, but, between not getting points on the wheel and this, I'll never reach even the tanuki dragon in time. ><

JustKay
04-01-16, 04:04 AM
I think this type of event will have limited appeal. The big spending players are only a handful compared to the rest of us, who will just sit it out. Given how high the milestone goals are and the fact they are all older release dragons, most people won't life a finger. At first I wasn't going to bother, but I have a small pile of gold to burn so am giving it a bit of a shot. I am having a little fun, because I'm planning a heist strategy to ***** one of those big spenders out of their trophy :D

What I'm seeing already is a group of maybe 3 who are still vying but the rest have sort of fallen off now that a seriously large gap is forming between the leaders. Given the top two will get the dragon prize it think they'll both settle and wont' fight it out for the top spot.

JustKay
04-01-16, 04:08 AM
Gah! Now I am losing the 10 point quests. I'm putting in a ticket. i don't care about the skylord thing, but, between not getting points on the wheel and this, I'll never reach even the tanuki dragon in time. ><

Buggy... most new features are. I'm not seeing too many issues. I think I lost quest points once but I thought it was because of a reload. I'm just looking forward to seeing if their servers hold up to the very end. Big events like these usually cut out a few hours before the finish as lots of people tune in. Servers crash or the timers stuff up and end early.

Sandybellee
04-01-16, 04:11 AM
Today started well! I got 118 points from mystery box 4 and had a friendly message on my wall from one player in my group. And I'm on track to get Tanuki! :)

The top player in my group has well over 3000 points already.

Sandybellee
04-01-16, 04:14 AM
Buggy... most new features are. I'm not seeing too many issues. I think I lost quest points once but I thought it was because of a reload. I'm just looking forward to seeing if their servers hold up to the very end. Big events like these usually cut out a few hours before the finish as lots of people tune in. Servers crash or the timers stuff up and end early.

Good point! Have to make sure not to leave getting final points for the milestone dragons until the last hours!

I'm taking a lot of screen shots to have up to date prove of how many points I have and win in case they suddenly dissappear.

Niire
04-01-16, 04:18 AM
Man...I don't get angry often...but I am actually getting a little angry, lol. This is one of 3 ways to get points. :(

Edit..well, 3 for me, since I haven't spun points on the wheel in 2 days...

sionidra
04-01-16, 04:27 AM
Hi,
Is there any further news for those of us without the event?
It seems to be taking a long time to resolve!
Perhaps the easiest solution is to give those players who have been failed in this manner the Skylord dragon.

I know that it is NOT an issue with my devices or operating systems etc. as other family members can get their games correctly showing the event on both my iphone 6S & I still cannot get it if I try my game on their devices.

These are meant to be our LEISURE FUN, we should not have to waste time emailing support, waiting two or three days for a stock response, then two or three more days to actually look at our situation, before refusing any help whatsoever.

All my family have lost items allegedly received on Spin or as stage prizes but haven't time to waste emailing support.

A respectable customer support would pull a failing bug ridden event & just give ALL players the rewards to compensate for such failure. Not just those who write in.
Call this a Birthday Celebration, it is a disaster for Storm8 & the players.

Island Brambles I/d Brambles2

I still cannot play the game. It makes me sad :(

31aug2002
04-01-16, 04:45 AM
Oh dear what a birthday celebration Dragon story is having. Instead of it being a fun party, the players are anxious , unhappy , some quibbling !!
On your birthday you are supposed to have fun with friends not make them fight against each other or give them ulcers with anxiety !!
I for one am just playing my regular game , not using any gold( so no birthday present from me to S8 . ) Luckily I am not in a very competitive group yet !! Don't know what will happen in the next few days with the rat race on and ppl willing to spend gold .

Reading through all the posts, and believe me I read all 52 pages, this event has brought nothing but anxiety and unhappiness to its players.
Hope TL will fine tune any future events like this , iron out all the glitches and maybe , maybe as a special compensation for bringing so much heartache to all its players gift them something special ( a gold giving dragon :p ) perhaps !!

P.S . I just want to add here that I do at times buy gold and use it for speed breeding or buy special habitats. I do not have any gold giving Dragons .

Jackiesq
04-01-16, 05:56 AM
Oh dear what a birthday celebration Dragon story is having. Instead of it being a fun party, the players are anxious , unhappy , some quibbling !!
On your birthday you are supposed to have fun with friends not make them fight against each other or give them ulcers with anxiety !!
I for one am just playing my regular game , not using any gold( so no birthday present from me to S8 . ) Luckily I am not in a very competitive group yet !! Don't know what will happen in the next few days with the rat race on and ppl willing to spend gold .

Reading through all the posts, and believe me I read all 52 pages, this event has brought nothing but anxiety and unhappiness to its players.
Hope TL will fine tune any future events like this , iron out all the glitches and maybe , maybe as a special compensation for bringing so much heartache to all its players gift them something special ( a gold giving dragon :p ) perhaps !!

P.S . I just want to add here that I do at times buy gold and use it for speed breeding or buy special habitats. I do not have any gold giving Dragons .

I was surprised about something reading everything! Never been so happy that I play a game with many people all over the world and do you know what we have in common? We don't want to fight to eachother! Yes we want to win, but only if everyone wins! Isn't that be something to be proud of? 😍

amerirish
04-01-16, 05:58 AM
I was surprised about something reading everything! Never been so happy that I play a game with many people all over the world and do you know what we have in common? We don't want to fight to eachother! Yes we want to win, but only if everyone wins! Isn't that be something to be proud of? ��

I totally agree Jackiesq....TL/S8 should encourage their community spirit instead of trying to pit us against each other.

Niire
04-01-16, 06:21 AM
I totally agree Jackiesq....TL/S8 should encourage their community spirit instead of trying to pit us against each other.

So true! <3

waimanalokat
04-01-16, 06:23 AM
I'm still having a blast. It's fun seeing who else is on the west coast by watching the leaderboard. I'm not competitive and I don't care if I win (I won't) so I really don't get the "pit people against each other " complaints. My group seems well matched as the top 6 or so people keep trading places. I'm android (wish I could log in on kindle and buy gold on sale) and that doesn't seem to be a handicap at all. Sorry about the angry masses, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this. Free apples YaY!

Kennedward
04-01-16, 06:32 AM
My group is very uneven, cause #1 player is at like 2200, while #2 is 1700 or so, with the #3 being 1500, and then #4 is around 1000. The rest of #5 to #15 or so are around the 900 mark, with me being very low ranked because I don't play much everyday.

amerirish
04-01-16, 06:58 AM
My group totals:

1. 5,268 (!!!!!)
2. 4,945
3. 4,587
4. 2,117
5. 2,041
6. 1,869
7. 1,821
8. 1,771
9. 1,566 (me)
10. 1,565
11. 1,523
12. 1,470
13. 1,399
14. 1,391
15. 1,357
16. 1,277
17. 1,206
18. 1,195
19. 803
20. 722

TwinkleTwiny
04-01-16, 07:36 AM
Yeah my group also has some inequalities:
1st 3209
2nd 1503

roguebee
04-01-16, 07:39 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I wish they would change this event to one where we work within our smaller groups to meet goals!! I want the Skylord, but I don't like competing against others for it. There are 3 of us in the lead of our group, and we are close together, taking turns being in the lead, but far in front of the remainder of the group. As much as I want the grand prize Dragon, I don't want my getting it to mean everyone else in group doesn't get it.
I feel like S8 has really misread or misidentified the type of events this game fan base wants.
Please don't make us compete against each other! Let us work together to meet goals, instead. Some of us will still spend money to meet goals, but everyone can participate at their comfort level, and still have an opportunity to win prizes.
Thank you, Annie

I like that idea Annie. Where players are put into smaller groups (say the 20 currently being used) and they all contribute to a common goal. Sort of like a World Event on a smaller individual basis. The one difference from a World Event would be an actual succeed/fail for each group. I realize that there will always be slackers in any group like that (remember some of those team projects from high school?). And people could get upset that their group failed. The first milestone for the group could be getting a majority to agree to a common team name :rolleyes:

I don't know whether this is the first of a new series of events or a one off like that time we had to request parts for a previous crafting dragon. I guess time will tell.

Kennedward
04-01-16, 07:44 AM
I like that idea Annie. Where players are put into smaller groups (say the 20 currently being used) and they all contribute to a common goal. Sort of like a World Event on a smaller individual basis. The one difference from a World Event would be an actual succeed/fail for each group. I realize that there will always be slackers in any group like that (remember some of those team projects from high school?). And people could get upset that their group failed. The first milestone for the group could be getting a majority to agree to a common team name :rolleyes:

I don't know whether this is the first of a new series of events or a one off like that time we had to request parts for a previous crafting dragon. I guess time will tell.

Agreed, I would prefer to work together rather than competing against each other, where only 1 player with the most points get the best prize, the others get nothing or just coins, which are useless for me

roguebee
04-01-16, 07:55 AM
Yep. Ditto this. That's exactly right.

Ugh...it is a pain in the butt for real! Lol - and I'm not paying 100 gold to upgrade my silo. Even with upgraded silo storage, it would still be a pain in the butt. So, iOS users may have a small advantage, but I would say it's very small. Because you can't pay gold to speed hatch an egg off the nest the same way you can on the mainland. Hatching in Arctic takes forever.

I agree... On one account I had invested the time to get to get the isles set up so that when I had an expansion on the main board in progress, I could go to the Artic Isles and make a maps request if I had less than 8 maps in possession. Helps a little with speeding up the expansion process. For this event, I can go there, breed a dragon, and come back 4 hours later after I spin the wheel, hatch the dragon (usually a common fail), feed and sell. It's almost like getting an extra adventure several times a day. You are right that it is a small advantage. It won't win me the grand prize. Unless I spend some serious gold, nothing will win me the grand prize. That's fine. However, it does help me towards getting the Tanuki dragon for this account. Which is my personal goal in the event for this account.

Now for the other account, I never even got started on the Artic Isles. I thought about doing it, but decided that starting from scratch was way too much work and time to do it for this event. I might reconsider that decision if it appears that this type of event becomes a permanent fixture in the event rotation.

saghaven
04-01-16, 08:05 AM
So wait, if we're supposed to get 3 points for every hour of hatching and 10 points for hatching a rare dragon, why did I only get the 10 points for hatching a Cloud just now? What happened to the points for the 17 hours of hatching?

roguebee
04-01-16, 08:08 AM
As it has been mentioned quite a few times in previous posts, the pop up for the hatching occurs first and then the separate pop up for the bonus overwrites it almost immediately. If you check your points total, you should have received the correct number for both the hatching and the bonus.

saghaven
04-01-16, 08:20 AM
Right now this thread is 53 pages for me so forgive me if I missed previous posts. :| I can't recall what my points were before the hatching so I couldn't tell you if the count is right or not. I'll have to check with the next hatching.

chuckyt888
04-01-16, 08:21 AM
I've been mucking along not spending gold to see how this pans out. I was just keeping my nests occupied, questing and breeding at capacity. I was hovering around 2-5 with the leader clearly already spending gold.

Today the gold war started, predictably. Many of the people in my group have bought the 2nd roost, 3rd nest and sky lord fountain and they started hemorrhaging gold. Most of them but me also have 5-10 gold producing dragons. About 8 players bought anywhere between 500-1000 points In the last 12 hours. Same eggs and breeding going on for the most part so they are most likely pouring gold into Arctic Isles.

It's going to get ugly in my group it seems.

kat8rose
04-01-16, 08:31 AM
Regardless of the size of the advantage of iOS Arctic isles gives, it's an advantage if one chooses to utilize it. Either give droid players the albums, Arctic isles, additional goals after downloading other games to earn more gold, ability to earn gold by watching videos, etc....or remove their impact from any head to head contest. I am not seriously playing this event, think it's a horrible idea, but s8 needs to treat droid players as equals.

Good luck to those participating. If you win, you have spent enough that you should proudly showcase the dragon, not hide it as some stated they would to avoid criticism. I truly feel for those that end up spending a ton, and come in 3rd place...that's a bitter pill and I expect the complaints to increase when that happens. ...EPIC FAIL

saw something about small groups working toward a goal, I have 2 obviously inactive players on my leaderboard. ..how about getting them in your group? That is not fair to anyone, and if they start playing again, sign in and have the prize, wow..some really angry participants! What if I have overtime, holiday, family obligations that week, I don't want that commitment forced on me without option to opt out.

chuckyt888
04-01-16, 08:39 AM
There are going to be a good number of people in my group that are going to be unhappy. A few of them are using gold the minute anyone jumps ahead of them. Some of them aren't doing much at all but then spend a ton of gold to get back to the top. I can't imagine how much gold has been spent and will be spent. Judging from the gold producing dragons, most of the people in my group are probably big spenders. I won't be able to compete plodding along.. just hoping I can grab Galaxy with a well timed boost or two.

Regardless of the size of the advantage of iOS Arctic isles gives, it's an advantage if one chooses to utilize it. Either give droid players the albums, Arctic isles, additional goals after downloading other games to earn more gold, ability to earn gold by watching videos, etc....or remove their impact from any head to head contest. I am not seriously playing this event, think it's a horrible idea, but s8 needs to treat droid players as equals.

Good luck to those participating. If you win, you have spent enough that you should proudly showcase the dragon, not hide it as some stated they would to avoid criticism. I truly feel for those that end up spending a ton, and come in 3rd place...that's a bitter pill and I expect the complaints to increase when that happens. ...EPIC FAIL

cdbabe
04-01-16, 08:44 AM
Is Galaxy dragon a new dragon for us to have? Or TL just bring it back again for those who didn't have it before?

kat8rose
04-01-16, 08:55 AM
Is Galaxy dragon a new dragon for us to have? Or TL just bring it back again for those who didn't have it before?

I have it, so definitely not new, but can't remember from whence it came.

Niire
04-01-16, 08:55 AM
It was one of the spin to win dragons a while back, it's gorgeous. Won one for my mom, not for me, lol. :p

31aug2002
04-01-16, 09:06 AM
Well if we go by the points collected by some players and gold being spent by them ,..and they seem to be quite a few.. TL is having a bumper party!!!
I am pretty sure they must have crossed their target number many times over!!
I am not cribbing . If someone wants to spend gold or buy points it's their prerogative . It's their money !!
But here TL instead of making the event inclusive has made it exclusive.
When I restarted playing this game I was a low lvl player and therefore in dragon tales did not get the last ultra Rae dragon. But ten I felt it was fair as the players were divided into 3 groups and I being a low level player had considerably easier tasks to do than the high lvl players . Even that is a competition , but a healthy competition.
I play the game to relax and not have sleepless nights over the fact that a random community member has more points than me.
I will quietly work towards getting the 3 Dragons which I can earn as I don't have any. In the process I may use a boost or two if I feel that by using that I may get the galaxy dragon .... But that's it... I am not going to get into the scramble for points just to be on top!!!

Jennerwein1
04-01-16, 09:08 AM
Seriously?:D29805

Got mine,too,this morning. So excited, almost fell out of bed :p. I have been wanting balloons forever, lol. Yeah, picking up my IPad is first thing I did. Even before coffee.

Jennerwein1
04-01-16, 09:22 AM
I am truly sorry that we on IOS are receiving more benefits than Android players! TL this should be an even playing field, in the next event like this IOS players should not be able to receive any credits for breeding in the Arctic Isles. I would gladly give up the points that I have gained from up there or better yet release the Arctic Isles to our Android players!
Or why not put Android players together in groups, IF S8 feel like they have to repeat this godawful event. (Hopefully not!)

jjblueyes
04-01-16, 09:32 AM
@Jen..i hope everything went all right for you and your family! *Hugs*

Thanks!!

jjblueyes
04-01-16, 09:34 AM
I hope your son is doing well after surgery and wish him speed recovery!!

Thank you! Slowly but surely right!

jjblueyes
04-01-16, 09:36 AM
Hope so as well! xo

Thanks Deb. Will touch base when I'm not so busy!

jjblueyes
04-01-16, 09:39 AM
Ps: Hope your son is doing well Jen[/QUOTE]

Thanks friend. Will update in my new "freak out" post to come :/

jjblueyes
04-01-16, 09:42 AM
Hope you son is ok Jen..... I know that wiped out feeling as my my greyhound was given a horrible diagnosis on Wednesday and I can't even get lost in my DS escape because of this rubbish event, at least like you I don't have any friends in my group so am letting the others in my group just get on with it ....... So used most of spare food instead to bring my wonderful highlander up to L15 and that's doing well in the arena .... Hope it works in a proper tourney as well :)

I'm so sorry to hear you got some sad news. Hugs your way. Your baby is much more important then any of this drama. Xoxo

jjblueyes
04-01-16, 09:49 AM
It was one of the spin to win dragons a while back, it's gorgeous. Won one for my mom, not for me, lol. :p

Its even older then that I believe. I believe I got mine from a long ago world even. A whole star themed one. I will check later ;)

cdbabe
04-01-16, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the information :-)

Just wondering looks an old dragon for me seems I can't find him in my island :-( that's why I asked.

Thanks again

kooky panda
04-01-16, 10:09 AM

I hope everything will be okay!

Please continue any personal discussions via the PMs to keep the thread and posts from getting off topic.

Thanks!

jjblueyes
04-01-16, 10:09 AM
Its even older then that I believe. I believe I got mine from a long ago world even. A whole star themed one. I will check later ;)

I don't know where he came from now! Lol! Maybe just a wheel but I have him and I don't remember getting him recently. Oh well. Either way, he's a cool dude!

jjblueyes
04-01-16, 10:10 AM

I hope everything will be okay!

Please continue any personal discussions via the PMs to keep the thread and posts from getting off topic.

Thanks!

Sure thing! Sorry I posted an update. Will keep it off from now on.

Niire
04-01-16, 10:21 AM
Hate I missed that event! This beauty needs a home on my isle, hence pushing myelf like I am, lol. :) Sooo pretty, my mom evolved hers and I was in love!

lindseyny
04-01-16, 10:34 AM
Oh good, had yet ANOTHER roll back. Lost 40 more points. Still haven't gotten a response to my first email and now this is the 3rd time this has happened. (2nd with points and 1 with food from the wheel). I don't understand why there are SO many glitches. Was this not tested before it was rolled out?

kooky panda
04-01-16, 10:43 AM
Update for players that lost items from the Skylord Spin the Wheel.

Elsa;1272143']Our team is investigating.

ETA: This has been resolved. Please email support@storm8.com if you need help with your account.

roguebee
04-01-16, 10:51 AM
Right now this thread is 53 pages for me so forgive me if I missed previous posts. :| I can't recall what my points were before the hatching so I couldn't tell you if the count is right or not. I'll have to check with the next hatching.

Sorry about that. I could have phrased it better. Seems like every few screens, a similar question arises and is answered.

patisserieforever
04-01-16, 10:53 AM
Update for players that lost items from the Skylord Spin the Wheel.

It means that we can recovered gold won and take out again ? or just that now it's fixed ?
I lost 2 x 3 golds the previous days I think
Today I did spin 3 golds which didn't disappear 😊
Thanks !

kooky panda
04-01-16, 10:57 AM
It means that we can recovered gold won and take out again ? or just that now it's fixed ?
I lost 2 x 3 golds the previous days I think
Today I did spin 3 golds which didn't disappear 
Thanks !
If you lost items on the wheel, please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

Hawk1
04-01-16, 11:32 AM
Galaxy is not in my future since I'm not using gold for this event, but Tanuki might be doable.

On a side note I've been pulling dragons out of storage and today's dragon is Gladiator who I got from STW months ago, thx S8 for saving me from even thinking about the Value Pack.

marcatwolf
04-01-16, 11:42 AM
Someone on my board has over 8000 points! Seems quite impossible to me! Wonder how they are doing it, seems fishy.

amerirish
04-01-16, 11:53 AM
Tanuki will always have a special place in my heart because him & Stone got me my first Diamond <3

I am hoping to get Galaxy but not getting too invested. If I get it great, but no big deal if not. My focus is on trying for the never ending/impossible to breed Limited Time dragons. I am running the quests though for points. Good luck everyone.

luckyaa7
04-01-16, 12:05 PM
Tanuki will always have a special place in my heart because him & Stone got me my first Diamond <3

I am hoping to get Galaxy but not getting too invested. If I get it great, but no big deal if not. My focus is on trying for the never ending/impossible to breed Limited Time dragons. I am running the quests though for points. Good luck everyone.

Same here. I want galaxy but it seems impossible... Good luck!

lnztrekfan
04-01-16, 12:17 PM
Galaxy was one of the first dragons I won on the spinner when I first started playing. She is absolutely beautiful! I've leveled her up to 10 but would love to have a little baby one again! I doubt I'm able to get her but would be sweet! I want to win Tanuki and that is my personal goal as I know I haven't a chance of the grand prize. Although it isn't looking good since I only have 1180 points. Good Luck to everyone! Posting a pic of my Galaxy. She stopped her strutting and stood still long enough for me to get her pic!

amerirish
04-01-16, 12:18 PM
Galaxy was one of the first dragons I won on the spinner when I first started playing. She is absolutely beautiful! I've leveled her up to 10 but would love to have a little baby one again! I doubt I'm able to get her but would be sweet! I want to win Tanuki and that is my personal goal as I know I haven't a chance of the grand prize. Although it isn't looking good since I only have 1180 points. Good Luck to everyone! Posting a pic of my Galaxy. She stopped her strutting and stood still long enough for me to get her pic!

OMG, she's so pretty!! What a diva, lol :D

lnztrekfan
04-01-16, 12:23 PM
OMG, she's so pretty!! What a diva, lol :D

Thank you! She totally is! She's one of if not my favorite dragon. I was so happy when I won her!:)

nicsdragonisle
04-01-16, 12:48 PM
I'm still having a blast. It's fun seeing who else is on the west coast by watching the leaderboard. I'm not competitive and I don't care if I win (I won't) so I really don't get the "pit people against each other " complaints. My group seems well matched as the top 6 or so people keep trading places. I'm android (wish I could log in on kindle and buy gold on sale) and that doesn't seem to be a handicap at all. Sorry about the angry masses, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this. Free apples YaY!

I am genuinely happy your group is fun and well matched. I believe that was the intention. Doesn't sound like you've had system issues with prizes being rolled back either, so youve been doubly lucky. I hope your luck continues to hold for future events.
Within the first 24 hours, I was behind by 5,000 point on one game and 34,000 on the other. Now I'm behind by 40,000. I've stopped counting the prize rollbacks. Some STILL don't even have the means to participate.
'Angry masses' is a bit unkind I believe. If you'd been booted from the "fun" within hours with zero chance of reaching goals due in part to system bugs, I suspect the fun you're having would be decreased slightly. The concerns expressed by the angry masses are quite valid.

sionidra
04-01-16, 12:51 PM
I am genuinely happy your group is fun and well matched. I believe that was the intention. Doesn't sound like you've had system issues with prizes being rolled back either, so youve been doubly lucky. I hope your luck continues to hold for future events.
Within the first 24 hours, I was behind by 5,000 point on one game and 34,000 on the other. Now I'm behind by 40,000. I've stopped counting the prize rollbacks. Some STILL don't even have the means to participate.
'Angry masses' is a bit unkind I believe. If you'd been booted from the "fun" within hours with zero chance of reaching goals due in part to system bugs, I suspect the fun you're having would be decreased slightly. The concerns expressed by the angry masses are quite valid.

Thanks, I am still one of the unlucky ones that cannot even participate. :(

xxxe
04-01-16, 01:59 PM
I just hatched an 18 hour Trickster and only got 10 crowns or whatever. I also bought Daisy yesterday and once she hatched I also only recieved 10. Is that all you get for hatching dragons? Seems like there is a lot of issues people are experiencing so at this point I'm not wasting more gems and I'll be happy to recieve extra food once this thing is over.

Niire
04-01-16, 02:03 PM
Watch your points when you are getting them on the right side of the screen, there it should reflect correctly. What happens is there are a couple of popups at once, but you're only seeing one.

xxxe
04-01-16, 02:28 PM
Watch your points when you are getting them on the right side of the screen, there it should reflect correctly. What happens is there are a couple of popups at once, but you're only seeing one.

Sadly I only did get 10 for it. It doesn't really matter I was in 3rd place and 1st place has 400 more than I do so there's no way I'll catch up lol

tromalyt
04-01-16, 02:34 PM
One good thing that happened to me during this event is that I got my first arctic island diamond type dragon yesterday, and the second one today. After over 2 years trying to breed diamond type dragons in the arctic island without success, I got 2 during this event.

I am still in the 4th position in my group, I decided not to take part on the gold spending battle since the top 3 have the 11 gold producing dragons and I only have 4. One of them even bought 3 Skylord Fountains and other has 4 nests.

fattom19
04-01-16, 03:17 PM
It wont show up on either my android or my ipad! It shows the fountain in the market for me to buy but no leader board or wheel on the the side to spin, I only know about the wheel bc my fiance has it, is anyone else having this problem and if so can anyone tell me how Ican fix it?

BiteMe111
04-01-16, 03:38 PM

Ooh, I'm in love!

Ajuty
04-01-16, 03:39 PM
It wont show up on either my android or my ipad! It shows the fountain in the market for me to buy but no leader board or wheel on the the side to spin, I only know about the wheel bc my fiance has it, is anyone else having this problem and if so can anyone tell me how Ican fix it?

welcome in the club, we are chosen ;)

Update information:

1. ....

2. Cannot see the Event and/or certain Icons:

There is a small number of players who have an issue where they can't see the event and the icons. The engineering team is investigating this.

3. ...

you can't fix it, it's a bug
Missing Skylord event (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90368-Missing-Skylord-event)

Niire
04-01-16, 03:45 PM
It's really terrible that you all can't participate. :( I'll cross fingers and toes for you all that they fix that bug.

My quests seem to be working as usual now, though I am still out the points I had earned. My sis felt bad for me, so she got me some gold though...since I want carnival badly, I started speed breeding for it. Consolation is, I should be able to get galaxy now, even without getting the points back. :) Consequently, I hope my group does not hate me too badly for it, because it moved me from 3rd up to 1st place...>< I have no doubt they'll end up decimating me though, lol! (I finally peeked at the leaderboard while getting tanuki situated. I am so happy!)

EDIT...I still don't care about anything but that galaxy dragon, which is why I am un-deflated since I'll be able to get her now. :) Sorry, I haven't been getting my thoughts across right lately...

AnglChk507
04-01-16, 03:54 PM
Lame i honestly don't even want the grand prize but im way in the lead.... [] one more dragon im not in the mood of having oh well.. I do apologise to the people on my leaderboards who suffer from my gold spending

Niire
04-01-16, 03:57 PM
One good thing that happened to me during this event is that I got my first arctic island diamond type dragon yesterday, and the second one today. After over 2 years trying to breed diamond type dragons in the arctic island without success, I got 2 during this event.

I am still in the 4th position in my group, I decided not to take part on the gold spending battle since the top 3 have the 11 gold producing dragons and I only have 4. One of them even bought 3 Skylord Fountains and other has 4 nests.

Major congrats on your breed there! Sorry, I forgot to mention it in the other thread. :)

Jrod333
04-01-16, 04:02 PM
Galaxy is not in my future since I'm not using gold for this event, but Tanuki might be doable.

On a side note I've been pulling dragons out of storage and today's dragon is Gladiator who I got from STW months ago, thx S8 for saving me from even thinking about the Value Pack.

Yes plenty of dragons never ever released to android and ios probably only once, yet another re-release of a re-release. That's the thing I don't get. You'd think this money hungry company would release those never released to android dragons. Makes no sense. I buy all the ones I don't have, not buying the re-released re-releases

groovyedwin
04-01-16, 04:39 PM
Fortunately in a resonable group.

My group totals so far:

1. 1,815
2. 1,376
3. 1,073
4. 1,045
5. 999
6. 946
7. 892
8. 786
9. 763
10. 711
11. 707
12. 655
13. 653
14. 614
15. 445
16. 337
17. 309
18. 304
19. 46
20. 14

insomniadreams88
04-01-16, 04:49 PM
I'm currently sitting in 3rd in my group with 2415 (1st and 2nd are 2789 and 2727), and though I was thinking of buying a couple of boosts, I probably won't unless it would mean I'd definitely end up in 2nd. While I do like the dragon, I don't like it enough to risk spending gold without being close to 100% sure I'd get it.

Kennedward
04-01-16, 04:58 PM
Fortunately in a resonable group.

My group totals so far:

1. 1,815
2. 1,376
3. 1,073
4. 1,045
5. 999
6. 946
7. 892
8. 786
9. 763
10. 711
11. 707
12. 655
13. 653
14. 614
15. 445
16. 337
17. 309
18. 304
19. 46
20. 14

While your group is relatively low points compared to other groups, the roughly 400 difference between #1 and #2 is still quite large. So whoever's #1 will probably win without any problems.

A fair group should be players with a very close difference, but I don't think there's many of those. Even my group has a large difference, despite everyone havng low points like yours.

Brambles2
04-01-16, 05:10 PM
Missing Skylord event.

Well I hope Storm8 bosses are enjoying their weekend, celebrating taking players for granted by the worst event ever, some Birthday!

Perhaps, those of us, STILL WITHOUT EVENT, & so surprisingly, no further news or hint of an apology should just count ourselves lucky.

Don't think those missing, or stolen back after two minutes, rewards have been credited to rest of my family either.

WHYEVER should they waste time writing in, correction should be automatic to all players.

I really feel for the artistic designers, fabulous work let down by strategy of the bosses.

luckyaa7
04-01-16, 05:22 PM
My group leader has points two times of mine. And second one is only few hundres behind of first. No way I am getting this dragon or galaxy.. So disappointing and annoyed.

bakerystoe
04-01-16, 05:59 PM
Got 1354 still 1st

seisurreal
04-01-16, 06:03 PM
Here's from my grouping ..

Could anyone share how they can get such high points, in a few hours with boosters..? An impressive 14,330 points :p

Also I wasn't able to track the misses over missing points, as they happen so fast, can't do screenshots to show S8 !

I'm feeling helpless, who can help me? lol! :p

tuffyjkitten
04-01-16, 06:04 PM
I've got 1489 and just want Pinata. Then I will be happy. Dont care what rank I finish in either.

Kennedward
04-01-16, 06:14 PM

Could anyone share how they can get such high points, in a few hours with boosters..? An impressive 14,330 points :p

Also I wasn't able to track the misses over missing points, as they happen so fast, can't do screenshots to show S8 !

I'm feeling helpless, who can help me? lol! :P

Wow! That's a HUGE lead! I wanna know how she did it as well!

Kennedward
04-01-16, 06:19 PM
My group leader has points two times of mine. And second one is only few hundres behind of first. No way I am getting this dragon or galaxy.. So disappointing and annoyed.

I know how you feel, because I only play once or twice a day, the group winners are probably playing every hour to collect, plus spending gold for boosts and things to get more points than others

luckyaa7
04-01-16, 06:22 PM

Wow. Is that even possible?

luckyaa7
04-01-16, 06:23 PM
I know how you feel, because I only play once or twice a day, the group winners are probably playing every hour to collect, plus spending gold for boosts and things to get more points than others

Yeap my leader has boost on now. I just want to get to galaxy. No way I can get skylord..

JustKay
04-01-16, 06:26 PM

Wow, no competition there.. that persons is pretty much playing with themselves by this point... to put it nicely :p

JustKay
04-01-16, 06:36 PM
Seriously?:D29805

I don't remember getting this.. could the early milestone rewards be random?

JustKay
04-01-16, 06:41 PM
I just had a thought! This is DS's birthday and this is their 'party' so we're all here giving gold and money to S8. It makes sense really. They're hosting this great new party (at no small cost to them) and you're invited. Come or don't come, sit in the corner or mingle with others, bring a gift or bring nothing. Anything we get is simply a door prize. It's S8 that is the real winner :) That's how birthday parties work, no.

utili68
04-01-16, 06:50 PM
I don't remember getting this.. could the early milestone rewards be random?

Yes it is :)
btw the next milestone prize ....surprise.. balloons again ...

OzFamily
04-01-16, 07:13 PM
I just had a thought! This is DS's birthday and this is their 'party' so we're all here giving gold and money to S8. It makes sense really. They're hosting this great new party (at no small cost to them) and you're invited. Come or don't come, sit in the corner or mingle with others, bring a gift or bring nothing. Anything we get is simply a door prize. It's S8 that is the real winner :) That's how birthday parties work, no.

Okay, that was kinda a let down because you essentially just said those of us who don't have the event weren't invited... ; (

(j/k)

OzFamily
04-01-16, 07:18 PM
Oh my gosh! The event just showed up on my account! Looks like I may be with others who also just got it!

Update: And, it looks like we have a big spender in the group... Also, we have the same time left as everyone else and the same milestones, even though we didn't have access until maybe 30-45 minutes ago...

chuckyt888
04-01-16, 07:50 PM
Ken,

The leader on my board just bought 4-5k points within an hour or so. I don't think they realize they are playing with themselves. I thought initially that those huge point amounts so quick people were seeing were due to hacks etc. I don't now. There are people out there who are so intent on the prize they are willing to pay whatever it takes. I keep telling myself it's not something else though... like phantom accounts. I really hope not.

Whoever it was earlier that said a behavioral psychologist would have a field day here was spot on. I think it's similar to problem gamblers.

Wow! That's a HUGE lead! I wanna know how she did it as well!

blueangel826
04-01-16, 08:09 PM
It wont show up on either my android or my ipad! It shows the fountain in the market for me to buy but no leader board or wheel on the the side to spin, I only know about the wheel bc my fiance has it, is anyone else having this problem and if so can anyone tell me how I can fix it?
Don't know if your question has been answered, but I only have it on regular Dragon Story & not on the Birthday Bash version. I'm on my Android phone. Hope this helps! Good luck!

OzFamily
04-01-16, 08:19 PM
Don't know if your question has been answered, but I only have it on regular Dragon Story & not on the Birthday Bash version. I'm on my Android phone. Hope this helps! Good luck!

No. There were quite a few of us who did not have the event no matter what device or version or connection we went to, and even had other accounts with the event working on the same device, etc. It looks like this issue was finally resolved tonight.

Kennedward
04-01-16, 08:25 PM
Yeap my leader has boost on now. I just want to get to galaxy. No way I can get skylord..

I know that feeling, that's why I don't really like this kind of event where everyone's competing, I prefer the world events where we're all contributing to a community prize that we all get.

TeasTeas
04-01-16, 08:27 PM
I guess anything is hackable? i just didn't take that into account with these. I do certainly hope that events like this would at least be able to determine if they are. I would imagine a slick player would use just enough to keep ahead and off radar though but bound to be some that are blatant.
Person ahead of me always manages to keep just a few points ahead of me whatever i do.. yet i see nothing new on their island at all ever. Being the curious type.. (personality flaw) 'eyebrow is raised' and I've gone " Spock " about it.. why do i feel like a stalker now? Ouch.
If their's a way to check accounts s8.. now is the time.
Bot jail?! Please DO.
Yes this event is messing with us big time and about that Behavioral psychologist... is therapy included? lol bleh

Kennedward
04-01-16, 08:27 PM
Ken,

The leader on my board just bought 4-5k points within an hour or so. I don't think they realize they are playing with themselves. I thought initially that those huge point amounts so quick people were seeing were due to hacks etc. I don't now. There are people out there who are so intent on the prize they are willing to pay whatever it takes. I keep telling myself it's not something else though... like phantom accounts. I really hope not.

Whoever it was earlier that said a behavioral psychologist would have a field day here was spot on. I think it's similar to problem gamblers.

Oh, you didn't get my joke....

You see, I knew she was spending money to get all those points, I was joking about how she did it because it doesn't really make sense for those like me who never spends money, not to mention such a HUGE amount of money just to get dragons, which the game constantly creates new ones every week.

Anyways, as I've said, I don't really like this type of events, would prefer world events instead.

Kennedward
04-01-16, 08:34 PM

It is very much possible if one should spend money for gold, LOTS of money for LOTS fo gold

Kennedward
04-01-16, 08:35 PM
Wow, no competition there.. that persons is pretty much playing with themselves by this point... to put it nicely :p

Yea, that player pretty much won already, the rest won't beat her unless they spend lots of money for gold

luckyaa7
04-01-16, 08:56 PM
I know that feeling, that's why I don't really like this kind of event where everyone's competing, I prefer the world events where we're all contributing to a community prize that we all get.

Totally agree!!

OkieDokie27
04-01-16, 09:17 PM
I like this new event. I'm really suprised how many points some people have gotten. I'm only sitting at 1573 and I've been logging on every hour.

chuckyt888
04-01-16, 09:20 PM
Haha missed the sarcasm in your other post. I'm with you on these events. I don't agree with them at all and even with tourney manipulation, gold traps, constant resource sucking events, this might be the most insidious thing that's been done. I keep playing for my young daughters who love looking at the dragons though.

I simultaneously hope that these islands are actual real people and that they are phantom islands designed to get gold flowing (not sure which is the worst). If these islands with 10k+ points are real they are really really preying on people here. Kinda sad when there are so many other ways to make the game great and keep people spending money, etc.

Oh, you didn't get my joke....

You see, I knew she was spending money to get all those points, I was joking about how she did it because it doesn't really make sense for those like me who never spends money, not to mention such a HUGE amount of money just to get dragons, which the game constantly creates new ones every week.

Anyways, as I've said, I don't really like this type of events, would prefer world events instead.

lnztrekfan
04-01-16, 09:27 PM
I've just visited everyone on my leaderboard and we may be in the minority for sure, not a single player has bought the fountain! I was a little shocked. Our top person has 1771. I'm in 7th currently with 1355 but have been trading with 8 & 9 regularly only 25 points separate 7 from 9. Also only two players have gold dragons. 1 has 1 and 1 has 2. Pretty competive for the most part people are trading a couple slots regularly. Also I'm not even sure if anyone is using boosts. I may have seen 1 earlier this week but that's it. About half have 2 roosts (I have 1).
On a side note I felt like I was spying on my neighbors! Idk why I feel like that!

Simdiva
04-01-16, 09:29 PM
My leader got ten thousand points in about two hours after sitting back and waiting fir a bit. I had been around 3000 and then whoosh this person comes from about 1500 and zoomed straight up to near 15000. I might add they did visit my island so it's a real person. There did not initially appear to be much activity but suddenly there are tons of habitats going up. I susoect they just have lots of money to waste. I regret burning the gold I did. I'm still in second spot by about 800 points but don't expect to keep it unless I spend a lot more gold. Not worth it to me.

chuckyt888
04-01-16, 09:48 PM
It's definitely within the realm of possibility that even if an island paid you a visit it wasn't a "real person".

When I saw people posting that leaders on their board had 10k+ points within hours of the event starting, I thought it was hacking or phantom islands or something. I still think there is hacking going on here and there...and phantom islands would be a dangerous road for the company to go down, but I believe most of it is truly real people buying gold now. I just can't fathom someone thinking 10k+ points is not enough to win though. I don't think this type of thing is far off from most other addictions. I'd love to read a paper or case study on this type of game/event and the resulting player behavior. I'm sure someone has already done it with the mobile gaming F2P/P2W boom. It's fascinating to me.

My leader got ten thousand points in about two hours after sitting back and waiting fir a bit. I had been around 3000 and then whoosh this person comes from about 1500 and zoomed straight up to near 15000. I might add they did visit my island so it's a real person. There did not initially appear to be much activity but suddenly there are tons of habitats going up. I susoect they just have lots of money to waste. I regret burning the gold I did. I'm still in second spot by about 800 points but don't expect to keep it unless I spend a lot more gold. Not worth it to me.

moonchild1987
04-01-16, 10:35 PM
Replied early in the forum stating that everyone on my leaderboard was close in points. I even said with leaderboard opponents like mine this event isn't so bad but something really strange just happened...I have been back and forth since day one with two others in the top 3 spots. 10 minutes ago I was second with about 1450 and the top player had about 1500. Then the top player started increasing 50 points about every 30 seconds. So, I went to their island and in that time they didn't hatch or breed anything new and they don't have any adventures out...yet their total continued to climb. Now they have over 2500 in points. I'm not stressing because I'd rather have the apples than the dragon anyways(I really want pinata) but what is up with this event? Fishy, real fishy!

blueeyedpatterson
04-01-16, 11:08 PM
I have been going back an forth checking the top player in my group as well an seen eggs that I know would take a day to hatch an 10 minutes later there's a different egg. He has gained almost 5000 points in no time at all. Then the Chick coming up behind me has gained 1000 points in an hour an I haven't seen anything in her den or nest til a few minutes ago. Very strange. An all I can get on that stupid wheel when I can get it to unstick an actually spin is ugly purple tiles that I will never use. Real fishy is RIGHT!!! Grrrr

blueeyedpatterson
04-01-16, 11:11 PM
Oh yeah an sometimes I don't even get my points lol REALLY????!!!

Kennedward
04-02-16, 12:12 AM
Haha missed the sarcasm in your other post. I'm with you on these events. I don't agree with them at all and even with tourney manipulation, gold traps, constant resource sucking events, this might be the most insidious thing that's been done. I keep playing for my young daughters who love looking at the dragons though.

I simultaneously hope that these islands are actual real people and that they are phantom islands designed to get gold flowing (not sure which is the worst). If these islands with 10k+ points are real they are really really preying on people here. Kinda sad when there are so many other ways to make the game great and keep people spending money, etc.

Agreed.

I also think Tales events need to change a little, cause like you said, a lot of those required tasks are basically taking up most of our food, which takes quite a long time to save up, and honestly, I don't really want any of the dragons from the Tales event to go to LV14 or 15 when I have many others dragons that I would like to go LV15.

Anyways, as I've said, so far I only like the world event, Tales and this one are pretty bad in my view, which is why I usually don't participate in them.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 12:41 AM
Seeing so many people saying their groups have someone who gained thousands of points within an hour or so, I went to check on my group.

So far everyone seems pretty normal in my group, with #1 having just a little over 2000 points, #2 being roughly 1900 points, #3 being roughly 1700 points, basically the placing has around 100 to 200 points in between, with the difference being even less as I scroll down more.

I'd say my group is one of the more normal groups, luckily I don't see those with large number of points in my group, and whoever's at #1 has skylord fountain and also breeding with 3 nests, so congrats to that player if he or she wins the 1st prize at the end of this event.

jjblueyes
04-02-16, 01:14 AM
The top one in mine is over 1000 above number 2- the 3rd about 500 under them. They've all been consistently going up 500-1000 every 4-5 hrs. It's a lot of gold going out the window for a super rare? It's not even ultra is it? Long day I'm going to be bed behind in this even and in the tourney.
Have a blessed weekend all.
Jen

06hunter
04-02-16, 01:54 AM
The way I read the info everyone has 20 players they are competing with. The top 3 of each group of 20 players are the ones who will get the big prizes. So there will be many 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners. If it were the other way around then they would have to show us everyone who is doing the Event not just 20. No where in the info does it say that only the top 3 out of all the DS players will get the big prizes. If TL does it any different than the way I read it then they will be *****ing us. They did not give us proper info on this & that is why everyone is confused. In the FAQ iunder the Leaderboard Events info in the first paragraph even explains it the way I read it. There is nothing in there that says we are competing with all DS players & that there will be only one 1st place winner, one 2nd place winner or one 3rd place winner.

JustKay
04-02-16, 02:05 AM
I think I've worked out a good system for this, but it still ain't cheap. Am up to 3757 and leading my pack but I had to buy two extra nests, one skylord fountain and a breeding nest. Those costs aside, I think now I'm treading water (keeping the same amount of gold on reserve) on a stipend of about 45 gold a day from my gold giving dragons. While I don't agree with this event in principle, I do love a good challenge that involves a bit of creative thinking to beat on a tight budget.

I still have a secret weapon if anyone of my pack tries to challenge me at the end, but that would involve burning through my reserve. It's not easy being cheap :p

06hunter
04-02-16, 02:16 AM
I'm keeping my strategy secret. Lol don't want to give anyone any Ideas. I'm in first place of my group.

JustKay
04-02-16, 02:30 AM
Yea, that player pretty much won already, the rest won't beat her unless they spend lots of money for gold

But then again, they may thoroughly enjoy playing with themselves.

I think a contest outside the game. I'd imagine there's two kids sitting next to each other on a lunch break and one shows the other their "top score" on the leader board, and the other shows their own score. I guess even for people with money there will always be people with more money. I don't mind really, since these people are keeping the game funded so I can keep doing my thing for free :D

JustKay
04-02-16, 02:32 AM
I'm keeping my strategy secret. Lol don't want to give anyone any Ideas. I'm in first place of my group.

Lol, good point. Am keep mum on mine too. Members of my group could be lurking in these forums too!

Sandybellee
04-02-16, 02:33 AM
My board is getting very conpetitive. It's actually kind of interesting to watch this battle unfold. I'm currently 11th. Considering using a strategic boost today to gain more points for Tanuki and Galaxy. The timing has to be just right though.

nyrrem
04-02-16, 03:13 AM
So all I seem to be able to breed is common dragons (5 in a row now) which give no extra hatch points and the spin is bias towards stupid purple floor tiles.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 03:25 AM
I think a contest outside the game. I'd imagine there's two kids sitting next to each other on a lunch break and one shows the other their "top score" on the leader board, and the other shows their own score. I guess even for people with money there will always be people with more money. I don't mind really, since these people are keeping the game funded so I can keep doing my thing for free :D

Yea, competing against each other outside of the game would be nice, but this time we're doing it in game for dragon prize(s)

Clark_Wayne
04-02-16, 04:53 AM
See, this is why I hate this event. We used to help each other, now, for the small, small chance of ANY of the forum-members is a member of your group, you stop helping everyone else.

This selfish behaviour is caused by this type of event and I hate it.

By the way, I googled "***** dragon story" and it seems it is possible, it gets you unlimited gold, food and coins. Wouldn't even dare use it, *****ing is no fun, and I would risk loosing my account, but to me, it seems like the only way someone gets over 10.000 points.

totally agree

Niire
04-02-16, 05:37 AM
I do want to share how I gained so much ground yesterday. First off, I had a spin ready, and a quest set at the outpost. My sis gave me $5 (the lowest amount), and I had round 10 to 20 on me I think? Everything was ready at my 2 nests and my 1 breeding den (long timers, I've been getting islands and ambassadors and waveriders, etc...). I popped on the 7 gold boost, spun the wheel, got my quest, got everything up and sped bred the rest. My intent in all of this is getting enough points for that final milestone...but it had the side effect of knocking me into 1st place in my group as well. So, hopefully, for those playing, that'll help someone. <3

rainey49
04-02-16, 07:12 AM
thanks for fixing for my island for this event. the only thing I do not think is fair, that there is hardy a chance to get any of the dragons available as pianata and tabuki. I think it would be nice that we could get some compension for that aspect. RAiney1949.

kklben
04-02-16, 07:14 AM
I agree with what everyone has said. I normally enjoy playing and competing for the available dragons. However this challenge can definitely be disheartening when you are competing for third place. The leader on my board has over 15000 points with second at 9500. The rest of us are below 3000. I did buy an extra nest and have been breeding on Arctic isles and speed br d a couple of times. I have even bought a couple of boosts, but there is no way I can fathom how much gold it must have taken to get to where the first two players on the board are. I will be happy with what I get but when you are out of the competition for the dragon within the first day there seems to be little point.

Good luck to those who have a reasonable competitive board and are still going for the dragon.

roguebee
04-02-16, 07:14 AM
My board is getting very conpetitive. It's actually kind of interesting to watch this battle unfold. I'm currently 11th. Considering using a strategic boost today to gain more points for Tanuki and Galaxy. The timing has to be just right though.

I did that this morning for the junior account. Had an egg ready to hatch with one waiting to replace it, the adventure had returned, the spin was ready and an Artic egg waiting. Used the cheap booster and that account is now firmly on track to get Tanuki. No where near the two leaders though. Main account looks mired in bottom half of standings with serious questions about earning Tanuki.

OzFamily
04-02-16, 07:45 AM
thanks for fixing for my island for this event. the only thing I do not think is fair, that there is hardy a chance to get any of the dragons available as pianata and tabuki. I think it would be nice that we could get some compension for that aspect. RAiney1949.

I was already in the mind set we were going to completely miss out 12 hours before we got to participate, so it didn't affect me much. I probably would have had a bigger reaction if they did somehow make it so we had a real chance of earning those dragons. (Of course, every time I've spun the wheel, I've gotten points, so maybe that is our compensation...) I'm basically just aiming for 6th place at least to get the food and maps.

debrasbistro
04-02-16, 07:59 AM
I wouldn't mind a tournament that really used our s**** and brains, but that would require puzzles or mazes or something rather than luck, fat wallets and a finicky wheel that stops on gold only to flip back to linoleum.

I much prefer us working together as a community and the possibility of gold giving rather than gold grabbing dragons.

Also, trying to keep up with this with work and life is giving me a headache as well as not wanting to compete but still wanting to reasonably and conservatively try for the dragons, none of which I have.

hiabarara
04-02-16, 08:13 AM
I can't join this event because I can't play the necessary version, but I still have some questions.

Is it honestly all about gold? I mean from what I understand it sounds like the people who are willing to spend the highest amount of gold get the most points because they can speed up everything and buy boosters etc.

Is everyone automatically grouped with other people or do you have to actually join this event somehow? Because it would be really awful to play with a group that has a few players who aren't active.

twospoons
04-02-16, 08:16 AM
I haven't read much of this thread, but believe I'm in the majority when I agree with those who aren't fans of this new event. Whatever algorithm placed me in my current group appears to have worked well for me, there are no obvious winners yet (lead place is being traded off between 4 of us, and considering I haven't spent any gold yet, I imagine they're not either), but if I do take the final prize, it's at the expense of one of these other perfectly deserving players. I only like beating people when the only thing on the line is bragging rights.

I think at the end of the competition there should be one final chance to spin the wheel, with the slots now dedicated to points replaced by maps, food, etc., and one slot gets the winning dragon, so that there's a last chance for those who didn't take 1st or 2nd prize. At least then all players have a shot, even the ones who ended up in groups that far outpaced them, or people who got a late start and couldn't catch up, or just the players who came thisclose but got edged out. If I were a 1st place winner, I know I'd be cheering everyone else on.

31aug2002
04-02-16, 08:18 AM

I crossed the 2300. Milestone but have not received the Piniata dragon .

Please moderators , Elsa or Kooky how do I get it . And has anyone else faced this problem!!!

fhjigfrf
04-02-16, 08:26 AM
I got the Pinata dragon! I'll probably get Tanuki, but I'm not sure I'll make it to Galaxy. At the beginning of the event I had two super rare breedable dragon eggs in storage, so hatching those helped. Now I only have whatever I can breed plus Pinata and Tanuki to help me. (I'm buying commons to keep my nests full, but those don't give bonuses.)

I lucked out with my group. The leader has about 2500, and I've been trading 2nd/3rd place with someone - we both have around 2350. A couple others are around 2000, then it gradually drops down to 1100.

I'm surprised it's so close - several of the others have multiple gold dragons, bought the fountain, or have used boosts. Having a second nest (bought ages ago) and the Arctic Isles helps. I'll probably fall behind at the end if people start spending more gold. I want the food prizes more than the dragon.

kat8rose
04-02-16, 08:40 AM
Leader in my group has almost 40,000...yes 40 thousand points! Most expensive dragon ever.

Can not remember who, but someone mentioned 3rd place getting a dragon too...not in my game, and 3rd place will have spent a lot to not get it....

EPIC FAIL s8 ....do hope if this continues they read and adjust accordingly. ...

GIVE DROID PLAYERS THE SAME GAME!

Wow, i get confused but now my leader has almost 11,000 points. ..I did NOT imagine that! Something rotten in this barrel!

Sandybellee
04-02-16, 09:08 AM
Well, ended up speed breeding with the boost a bit and went up in points nicely. I'm definitely determined to get Galaxy now!

Edit: Spun 54 points on the wheel and it was NOT boosted. I don't know why some people get boosted spins and others not...

31aug2002
04-02-16, 09:13 AM

I crossed the 2300. Milestone but have not received the Piniata dragon .

Please moderators , Elsa or Kooky how do I get it . And has anyone else faced this problem!!!

So I reinstalled my game and collected the questing points and received the Piniata !!
Guess I became trigger happy and shot of complaints to support and Kooky too!!
Sorry for troubling you
But as this event is having so many issues , I was afraid I might lose out on my reward
Sorry once again

31aug2002
04-02-16, 09:16 AM
Well, ended up speed breeding with the boost a bit and went up in points nicely. I'm definitely determined to get Galaxy now!
My only endeavor is to get to the Galaxy comfortably.
Will do some speed breeding and boosting for that as I am falling short of my target. But if in the process I do jump up in the ranks table... Then good for me. The top 5 positions in my leaderboard are pretty close to each other and I will see a major race in the end.

lindseyny
04-02-16, 09:35 AM
I know I should just accept this and stop complaining about losing points (I've lost points and food over 5 times now), but I just lost them in a new way. I completed a quest for 10 points and didn't receive them. I sent another message to S8 yesterday because Kooky said to and that all of the glitches were fixed, but they clearly aren't fixed. I'm in no shape to win so it's not even the points I'm concerned about, it's just about an unfair game at this point.

luckyaa7
04-02-16, 09:37 AM
Will do some speed breeding and boosting for that as I am falling short of my target. But if in the process I do jump up in the ranks table... Then good for me. The top 5 positions in my leaderboard are pretty close to each other and I will see a major race in the end.

My goal is to get galaxy too. I have about 2600 now. I may have to speed breeding or something later. My leaders are close to 5000 for both first and second so there is no way I can get skylord..

Sandybellee
04-02-16, 09:37 AM

I'm glad you found your Pinata! :)

I have no hope reaching the top on my board but all I want is Tanuki, Galaxy and apples so that's fine with me. I went up about 800 points with the boost and the speeding but I spent more gold than I intended (about 80 I think).

Anaboe
04-02-16, 09:55 AM
I can't join this event because I can't play the necessary version, but I still have some questions.

Is it honestly all about gold? I mean from what I understand it sounds like the people who are willing to spend the highest amount of gold get the most points because they can speed up everything and buy boosters etc.

Is everyone automatically grouped with other people or do you have to actually join this event somehow? Because it would be really awful to play with a group that has a few players who aren't active.
Yes, it is about gold. Breeding and hatching as rare dragons as possible give you points per hour that dragon regularly takes, so when you speed, you earn more points per hour. Also, when you buy a ultra rare dragon, that one gives you more points. You can also use the second breeding den, for more points, but activating it will cost you gold. Also you can buy boosters for gold, they multiply the points earned.

So yes, it's all about the gold.

And no, you can not choose not to join: you will be put in a leaderboard-group, and you will get points. You can only choose:
How much gold you want to spent
If you want to play, log on, breed
If you want to go on quests
If you want to spin the wheel

But you will see how much points you have, and wether or not you ignore it, you will compete against 18 community-members.

Clark_Wayne
04-02-16, 11:48 AM
Leader in my group has almost 40,000...yes 40 thousand points! Most expensive dragon ever.

Can not remember who, but someone mentioned 3rd place getting a dragon too...not in my game, and 3rd place will have spent a lot to not get it....

EPIC FAIL s8 ....do hope if this continues they read and adjust accordingly. ...

GIVE DROID PLAYERS THE SAME GAME!

Wow, i get confused but now my leader has almost 11,000 points. ..I did NOT imagine that! Something rotten in this barrel!

ouch ! so many milestone ! honestly why need to earn so much ? i'm happy if i reach 4000 milestones !
and i'm happy not being in this group :eek:

deucedeuce22
04-02-16, 11:48 AM
My group only has 18 people, and only I am above 1000 points. Was never a competition in this group. No message board posts, no island visits, just dead silence. Definitely not worth coming back.

OkieDokie27
04-02-16, 12:19 PM
I'm wondering how crazy the last couple minutes are going to be. I'm guessing it will be more like an auction to the highest bidder.

belarica
04-02-16, 12:27 PM
Got tanuki today, which is what I really wanted :)

Bastiaan0
04-02-16, 12:35 PM
Just over 2200 points, less than 2 days to go. Still on track for Tanuki, still don't know if the initial double boost was a waste of gold or not. We'll see... ;)
#1 has 2330 points, #3 is on 1798. Looks like I'm going to get that Skylord. We'll see... :p

Sandybellee
04-02-16, 12:50 PM
I'm wondering how crazy the last couple minutes are going to be. I'm guessing it will be more like an auction to the highest bidder.

Yes, like I wrote earlier, this event is exactly like an online auction except all bidders who use gold pay instead of just the winners. Nothing to do with s****, all about spending gold - and it's obviously working for the company.

I'm actually really looking forward to watching the craziness of the last minutes unfold on my board - get the pop corn ready, it's going to be quite a show!

You can pretty easily gain a thousand points in a minute using a boost and speed breeding.

hiabarara
04-02-16, 12:52 PM
Yes, it is about gold. Breeding and hatching as rare dragons as possible give you points per hour that dragon regularly takes, so when you speed, you earn more points per hour. Also, when you buy a ultra rare dragon, that one gives you more points. You can also use the second breeding den, for more points, but activating it will cost you gold. Also you can buy boosters for gold, they multiply the points earned.

So yes, it's all about the gold.

And no, you can not choose not to join: you will be put in a leaderboard-group, and you will get points. You can only choose:
How much gold you want to spent
If you want to play, log on, breed
If you want to go on quests
If you want to spin the wheel

But you will see how much points you have, and wether or not you ignore it, you will compete against 18 community-members.

Thanks a lot for your explanation! So it really is as lousy as I thought :/ It's basically like a World Event, but you have to compete against other players. And I thought you'd have to compete against all players, but apparently you only need to win against your team mates? Hm, still not cool. Maybe it's different if you actually play this event, but from what I've read it doesn't sound good... Not my cup of tea.

dangerb0y
04-02-16, 02:27 PM
In the future, I would keep the 1st event as is (with tweaks), and the secondary event be a community one where everyone just gets free dragons. Or have an opt in choice of which event to participate in. One where you get free dragons for planting food, or this one.

That way, some users can feel good about getting to a common goal and pat each other on the back. And the other users won't have to feel ashamed about buying gold, spending gold, get accused of *****ing, get accused of "playing with themselves", gloating, and/or playing normally and accidently being in the running.

Edit: This one of the reasons I quit coming to the forums for awhile, all this animosity. But the events in DS and CS make it impossible not to come back to the forums for hints or help.

kooky panda
04-02-16, 02:42 PM
So I reinstalled my game and collected the questing points and received the Piniata !!
Guess I became trigger happy and shot of complaints to support and Kooky too!!
Sorry for troubling you
But as this event is having so many issues , I was afraid I might lose out on my reward
Sorry once again
Glad you found him!! Never hesitate to contact me with any issues!

pernmagic
04-02-16, 02:42 PM
Me? I'm playing but lurking between 9 and 14 on my board , I'm L172 and most of my group are much higher than me so ain't really bothered one way or the other ...... No problem I just play my own game and have concentrated on the tournament as well and using a little gold for my own uses..... Like life it's personal choice :)

Hawk1
04-02-16, 02:51 PM
There are a few people on my leaderboard using boosts and I'm fine with them spending gold, I'm going to get Tanuki so it works for me. Probably going to be in the 4-6 group and getting food is a win win for my hungry dragons. Still dislike this event and hope someone at S8 reads this forum and realizes this event was a mistake.

kooky panda
04-02-16, 03:05 PM
Hey guys! I wanted to thank you all for the great constructive feedback you have been leaving for the game!

Since this is a new type of event it is important for players
to let Storm 8 know the positives and negatives of this event. This does help the development team for future events and features for the game!

I did also want to remind everyone to make sure your posts do follow the forum rules. A few posts have been removed for
1. Inappropriate comments
2. Provoking/insulting other members
2. Discussing *****s/hacks

The forum is not an appropriate place to discuss *****s/hacks. To report a player you feel is hacking or *****ing in game, please send an email to support@storm8.com.

Thanks!

ladymakay
04-02-16, 03:16 PM
Watch out, I'm in the lead with a whopping 1200 points lol . Realistically , the milestone prizes aren't attainable without boosts, buying the Fountain and blowing through Gold, which I will not do. The juice isn't worth the squeeze, especially for players who can't /won't throw gold at every challenge.

Hawk1
04-02-16, 03:16 PM
If anyone from my leaderboard stopped at my island I am unaware of it, not one comment from any of them. I would love to know the criteria for our leaderboards, there are people with no gold giving dragons to people that have all eleven. That seems incredibly unfair especially since the person that has no gold dragons also only has one nest and no Arctic Isles. How do they compete with the ones with 11 gold dragons, 3 nests, 2 dens plus Arctic Ilses?

It's really bad when you get annoyed with a game when it's unfair to someone you don't know.

Hawk1
04-02-16, 03:18 PM
Watch out, I'm in the lead with a whopping 1200 points lol . Realistically , the milestone prizes aren't attainable without boosts, buying the Fountain and blowing through Gold, which I will not do. The juice isn't worth the squeeze, especially for players who can't /won't throw gold at every challenge.
Lol I'm happy you're in the lead...agree the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

ladymakay
04-02-16, 03:26 PM
I'm confused by the grouping as well. My group is pretty even but that doesn't seem to be the case for many. The range
that defines who's lower, mid and upper level players is a bit off in my opinion.

ladymakay
04-02-16, 03:31 PM
Lol I'm happy you're in the lead...agree the juice isn't worth the squeeze.
#2 and #3 are ***ning for me hahha, we've made this more of a joke than a competition. I really lucked out with the players I'm grouped with, they're friendly and humorous ☺ . And none of us really give 2 winks about this event hahahaha

chuckyt888
04-02-16, 03:38 PM
I was hovering between 2-5 playing normally. I used a well timed boost yesterday to jump a few hundred in the lead. The leader immediately jumps hundreds/thousands when anyone gets close lol. Another player started doing the same. Leader has over 11k now and the 2nd place isn't far behind. Could be legitimate gold spending, maybe not.

The leader started posting antagonizing comments on a couple of our walls. I figured this sort of thing would start happening. Events like this bring out the worst in people.

I'm glad I didn't buy the extra roost for a week, nest, fountain etc. I just made it to Galaxy while only using 2 well-timed boosts. It ended up being fairly easy to get to with just a little gold spent if you are on the ball throughout the day and plan hatches etc to fall within a boost period. I'm sure everyone is also using storage eggs. This event was a good reason to burn those up finally, but it's one of the only things I've liked about this event.

If anyone from my leaderboard stopped at my island I am unaware of it, not one comment from any of them. I would love to know the criteria for our leaderboards, there are people with no gold giving dragons to people that have all eleven. That seems incredibly unfair especially since the person that has no gold dragons also only has one nest and no Arctic Isles. How do they compete with the ones with 11 gold dragons, 3 nests, 2 dens plus Arctic Ilses?

It's really bad when you get annoyed with a game when it's unfair to someone you don't know.

JustKay
04-02-16, 03:45 PM
Totally jinxed myself. Things are heating up on my board. I was up the top, leading by about 600. One of the lower top ten just charged his way to the lead. Now there's three contesting the top position, and who knows who else is out there waiting in the wings. Then my long term rival's stepped up her game. She's been hatching diamond hybrids and so I know she's speed breeding. She only has two gold habitats, so I know she's spending money so who knows how far she'll go. Now she's at about 500 in the lead. I have a bad feelings this is going to get expensive...

To be honest, am ok with a third place tropy, at least that's something

DragonPhoenix6
04-02-16, 03:46 PM
The feeling I have about this competition is that I also thought it was very unfair (all about winning by spending the highest amount of gold to speed up breeding...)
That is not a fair birthday celebration for Storm8 costumers...
Spending a little gold it's fine, but I already needed to spend a LOT of gold to be able to hold onto second place...
I'm disappointed with Storm8 and with the way that they reward their costumers during their 4 years birthday celebration...

chuckyt888
04-02-16, 03:52 PM
Stay out of it and don't let yourself be drawn in. If you've already spent gold, just think of it as a sunk cost and lesson learned. Let S8 know your feelings and its up to you if you want to keep giving money, etc. I gave them once last chance to make things right on this event...

There are players out there who can and do get gold through illegitimate means and you'll never beat them playing fairly, so I would definitely tell anyone to stay out of a gold war if you sense one brewing. I work in IT development and, while I don't like donning a black hat, I do sometimes for the purpose of knowledge. I can say 100% there are people taking advantage. It should be relatively easy for the company to run reports designed to detect things out of normal range with gold used, time spent etc. compared to actual legitimate gold acquired but it would take resources dedicated to that... And it might not be a priority when tons of money is rolling in from legit players.

Totally jinxed myself. Things are heating up on my board. I was up the top, leading by about 600. One of the lower top ten just charged his way to the lead. Now there's three contesting the top position, and who knows who else is out there waiting in the wings. Then my long term rival's stepped up her game. She's been hatching diamond hybrids and so I know she's speed breeding. She only has two gold habitats, so I know she's spending money so who knows how far she'll go. Now she's at about 500 in the lead. I have a bad feelings this is going to get expensive...

To be honest, am ok with a third place tropy, at least that's something

ladymakay
04-02-16, 04:15 PM
Stay out of it and don't let yourself be drawn in. If you've already spent gold, just think of it as a sunk cost and lesson learned. Let S8 know your feelings and its up to you if you want to keep giving money, etc. I gave them once last chance to make things right on this event...

There are players out there who can and do get gold through illegitimate means and you'll never beat them playing fairly, so I would definitely tell anyone to stay out of a gold war if you sense one brewing.

Great advice! We all know that EVERYTHING in DS requires an extraordinary amount of Gold during regular play, this is Gold grabbing on steroids, if you take a moment to calculate the gold spent on a few boosts, speed breeding or even that fountain ,you soon realize you could have purchased atleast a few dragons, worth more than the "Grand Prize"
In terms of production and/or useful in other areas such as battles. I'd rather keep my Gold than spend it for the sake of winning.

DeeDe99
04-02-16, 04:16 PM

They were obtainable without spending gold, at least for me. I'm on 3,600 points now so will get Galaxy. I did buy one Fountain (gather you can buy three) but that is all. Don't plan on buying boosts at all, because I can't achieve first or second place so boosts would be a waste of gold.

lindseyny
04-02-16, 04:26 PM
I decided to take screenshots this last wheel spin, because I was starting to feel crazy. I have lost almost all of my wheel prizes (and milestone prizes), leaving me at a serious disadvantage in this event. Here is what happened when I won 48 points on the wheel just now:

Before: 1686 points

After: 1686 points

After: Wheel spin shows that it was used and not available for 03:54:44 (difference in time is because I forced-quit the app hoping for the 48 points to appear)

ladymakay
04-02-16, 04:26 PM
They were obtainable without spending gold, at least for me. I'm on 3,600 points now so will get Galaxy. I did buy one Fountain (gather you can buy three) but that is all. Don't plan on buying boosts at all, because I can't achieve first or second place so boosts would be a waste of gold.

I should clarify, the first 4/5 prizes, absolutely without using any Gold, after that it's possible IF you were to hatch rare and super rares often. I didn't purchase the fountain, and haven't spent a brick of gold so I don't expect to make it too much further, and that's cool with me.

groovyedwin
04-02-16, 04:30 PM

Besides the gold you spent on one Fountain...... Not sure one can get 3600 points without spending gold!

24 one hour Quests per day = 240 points per day
Breeding and Hatching 24 hours per day = 144 points per day plus bonus based on rariety
Spin the wheel always winning points of say 15 per spin = 90 points per day

Total of about 478 points plus bonus for rariety is the max while playing 24 hours per day unless you have more than breeding nest, hatching nest, spend gold, etc.

Over 6 days you have to average 650 points per day to get to 3,900.

Poor choice on ending point for individual prize.

chuckyt888
04-02-16, 04:33 PM
If you have a diamond, you can hatch quetzal and crusader fairly easily. If you are close to Galaxy or Skylord you could still try for one and maybe use a few gold to speed up before time runs out.

The boosts were pretty fair I thought, especially the 1.5x boost for 7 gold. Much better use of gold and alternative to the fountain IMO unless you were very serious about getting the Skylord.

If most people were in groups like mine, they were better off not even thinking about Skylord.

I should clarify, the first 4/5 prizes, absolutely without using any Gold, after that it's possible IF you were to hatch rare and super rares often. I didn't purchase the fountain, and haven't spent a brick of gold so I don't expect to make it too much further, and that's cool with me.

DeeDe99
04-02-16, 04:44 PM
Besides the gold you spent on one Fountain...... Not sure one can get 3600 points without spending gold!

Breeding and Hatching 24 hours per day = 144 points per day plus bonus based on rariety

Total of about 478 points plus bonus for rariety is the max while playing 24 hours per day unless you have more than breeding nest, hatching nest, spend gold, etc.

Yes, you can Groovy. I calculated 644 a day without including any allowance for the spin or any bonuses for for rarity breeding/hatching. The 644 includes one Fountain(contribution 140 a day). Also no boosts at all in that calculation.

So:

Quest: 12 times 10 points (not including an overnight 6 hour quest, so that would be extra) = 120
Breeding: 3 points x 24 hours = 72 (assuming no Roost, as I don't have it, double value for Roost)
Hatching: 9 points x 24 hours = 216 (no bonuses included, for 3 nests)
Arctic Isles hatching/breeding (works slightly differently over there) assume 4 hatching per hay = 4 x 24 = 96
Fountain: Collect 7 times per day x 20 = 140

Total 644 without boosts, bonuses, speed breeding or spins. On the spins I have won points virtually every single spin (a couple of spins gave purple paths and one gave food)

random59
04-02-16, 04:49 PM
This morning after spin taking eggs off nests and placing eggs from dens to nest and buying a water dragon to place on nest I was 2nd, no gold spent! 1 hour later I am 6th and now 4000 points down. Only 2 of the players to jump over my score are using boosts and the top of the leader board is down to 2nd, I am sure that they won't stay in that position for much longer unless they boost also.
This is a disgrace! Logged into my sons game that has normal rational players on board and there is 400 points between top 6. The boosts need to be stopped along with speed breeding in this challenge! Not all of us have hundreds of dollars to throw away on games, if there is another of these PLEASE put all the gold spending players in the same groupings!

......Thinking about it I have spent gold but not specifically for this event! My breeding sucks that much that I have the 2nd den working most of the time trying to breed the Primes! I do not buy gold, this comes from my dragons and gifts and playing those infuriating games that pop up!

ladymakay
04-02-16, 04:55 PM
If you have a diamond, you can hatch quetzal and crusader fairly easily. If you are close to Galaxy or Skylord you could still try for one and maybe use a few gold to speed up before time runs out.

The boosts were pretty fair I thought, especially the 1.5x boost for 7 gold. Much better use of gold and alternative to the fountain IMO unless you were very serious about getting the Skylord.

If most people were in groups like mine, they were better off not even thinking about Skylord.
Quetzal and Crusader hate me lol. I have a Diamond, tried more times than I can remember and yet they're still playing hard to get ☺. In all honesty I'm no where near Galaxy. I considered the boosts because it is a fair deal but decided to give it a go using no gold, 1. I'm just not that into these dragons 2. To see how far you can get without gold. 3. No one in my group has used boosts and although its a competition, I like to keep it fair.

Niire
04-02-16, 05:34 PM

This and a bit of speed breeding is exactly how I was able to get my beautiful galaxy dragon! After learning the fountain was only usable for this leaderboard event, i said no thanks! Seemed a waste of gold to me, lol. BUT for around 160 gold, I was able to get tanuki and galaxy, and that seemed a decent enough deal to me. :) Chucky, you break things down so nicely. i am horrible at math, and I very much appreciate your points of view on things like this. Thank you! <3 (PS...sorry i have been absent today. My parents wanted to get me out of the house, which was fine...but then decided to take me to a popular American buffet style restaurant for lunch. And it's NOT okay that said restaurant started adding soy to one of my fave foods, without any knowledge of such...I am allergic to soy, and have been paying the price all day. ><)

Hawk1
04-02-16, 05:38 PM
Anyone that bought the fountain did spend gold lol...I hatched dragons from storage and didn't boost nor did I spend 150 gold on a fountain, I won't have enough points for Galaxy, but I'm happy to get Tanuki. I did quests 24/7 and my breeding den has been busy, but I also have a life "shrugs"... I don't care if people bought gold and used it on this ridiculous event, S8 is a business and all they care about is money, obviously.

The spin was wonky IMO, if I had gotten points every time instead of coins I "might" have had the points for Galaxy, as in everything else in this game luck has a lot to do with the outcome.

Sorry Chucky that you have some rude competitors.

ladymakay
04-02-16, 05:51 PM
Anyone that bought the fountain did spend gold lol...I hatched dragons from storage and didn't boost nor did I spend 150 gold on a fountain, I won't have enough points for Galaxy, but I'm happy to get Tanuki. I did quests 24/7 and my breeding den has been busy, but I also have a life "shrugs"... I don't care if people bought gold and used it on this ridiculous event, S8 is a business and all they care about is money, obviously.

The spin was wonky IMO, if I had gotten points every time instead of coins I "might" have had the points for Galaxy, as in everything else in this game luck has a lot to do with the outcome.

Sorry Chucky that you have some rude competitors.

LOL. (Coughs), about that fountain... Thank you! And the wheel , geez I have gotten floor tiles and coins, nary a point to be had.

nicsdragonisle
04-02-16, 06:07 PM
Popped in again to see how things were going. my 1st place leader is over 40,000 and our other games have crazy high totals too. We have 5 total games in our house so I took a look at the leaders islands....here's what I found on a couple:
The math I did on my sons Leader came to over $1200 U.S. in buying and speeding up diamonds alone. 3 of our games are like this. Are people really spending THOUSANDS? Can't wrap my head around that.

random59
04-02-16, 06:16 PM
Popped in again to see how things were going. my 1st place leader is over 40,000 and our other games have crazy high totals too. We have 5 total games in our house so I took a look at the leaders islands....here's what I found on a couple:
The math I did on my sons Leader came to over $1200 U.S. in buying and speeding up diamonds alone. 3 of our games are like this. Are people really spending THOUSANDS? Can't wrap my head around that.

What is the saying Fools and their money are easily parted! TL must be laughing all the way to the bank. This is a sad day for the game!

Hawk1
04-02-16, 06:18 PM
WOW! That is amazing... I've played other games where people spent thousands every month, I can think of better things to do with my money.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 06:18 PM
Just checked how my group is doing, it seems the competition has heated up between 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place, because when I checked this morning, they were only 100 to 200 difference in points, now 1st is leading with roughly 4000 points, 2nd has roughly 3200, 3rd has roughly 2500, it seems they all used the boost and sped up breeding, all of which costs gold, and it seems my original thought on the group being normal is wrong afterall. They all wanted to win, but just didn't spend as much as some of the others who went up 10,000s of points in an hour.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 06:20 PM
WOW! That is amazing... I've played other games where people spent thousands every month, I can think of better things to do with my money.

Agreed, this is why I never spend money on game apps, I have bills to pay and also other things I can or need to buy with my money.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 06:21 PM
What is the saying Fools and their money are easily parted! TL must be laughing all the way to the bank. This is a sad day for the game!

TL is loving this event because many players are spending to get gold to get to 1st place, while many on the forum thinks that this competition is bad for players, TL thinks it's great because it's like a cash cow, with many players paying to get 1st place.

DeeDe99
04-02-16, 06:23 PM

Neither can I. For a few pixels on a screen? I don't mind spending a movie ticket value here and there, but thousands I reserve for things I can wear, eat, or use! What are they then going to do with all the Diamonds? I wouldn't want an island full of the same dragon.

That is exactly the sort of activity I refer to as "spending gold" - the speeding up of the processes at ridiculous rates. Even the boosts I don't personally like, or the spin. The Fountain, in my view, should have been the first milestone, as in the World Events.

Hardly a level playing field at all. Those with multiple accounts gifting themselves many gold daily have a distinct advantage too. Too many ways to stack the odds, big and small.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 06:25 PM
Neither can I. For a few pixels on a screen? I don't mind spending a movie ticket value here and there, but thousands I reserve for things I can wear, eat, or use! What are they then going to do with all the Diamonds? I wouldn't want an island full of the same dragon.

That is exactly the sort of activity I refer to as "spending gold" - the speeding up of the processes at ridiculous rates. Even the boosts I don't personally like, or the spin. The Fountain, in my view, should have been the first milestone, as in the World Events.

Hardly a level playing field at all. Those with multiple accounts gifting themselves many gold daily have a distinct advantage too. Too many ways to stack the odds, big and small.

Agreed. I would only spend gold on dragons that are only purchasable with gold, i.e. gold producing dragons, bomb producing dragons.

But like I said, I would never spend money because I have other things to buy, which are much more important in my life than things in a game.

DeeDe99
04-02-16, 06:27 PM
Just checked how my group is doing, it seems the competition has heated up between 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place, because when I checked this morning, they were only 100 to 200 difference in points, now 1st is leading with roughly 4000 points, 2nd has roughly 3200, 3rd has roughly 2500, it seems they all used the boost and sped up breeding, all of which costs gold, and it seems my original thought on the group being normal is wrong afterall. They all wanted to win, but just didn't spend as much as some of the others who went up 10,000s of points in an hour.

I'm using myself as a guage and it is posdible to reach thos numbers without gold. I'd be higher, but virtually didn't play yesterday at all. The 4,000 person may have bought the Fountain and/or boosts, but it is possible.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 06:29 PM
I'm using myself as a guage and it is posdible to reach thos numbers without gold. I'd be higher, but virtually didn't play yesterday at all. The 4,000 person may have bought the Fountain and/or boosts, but it is possible.

The 4000 player went up from nowhere, because I remember the 1st place player had a different ID, this one was one of the players at the bottom like me. That's why i said he or she probably spend gold.

DeeDe99
04-02-16, 06:34 PM
Agreed. I would only spend gold on dragons that are only purchasable with gold, i.e. gold producing dragons, bomb producing dragons.

But like I said, I would never spend money because I have other things to buy, which are much more important in my life than things in a game.

I have 5 gold producers now, but like to spend the gold on habitats. I'll wait until Skylord inevitably arrives in a Value Pack. I do buy those if the dragon is expired AND I like the dragon (or is great stock, like Prime Chroma), but even I have got to the point now where the dragon on offer is one I already have from game play.

What worries me the most is how many of these are kids whose parents are going to have a heart attack when their credit card bill arrives?

DeeDe99
04-02-16, 06:36 PM
The 4000 player went up from nowhere, because I remember the 1st place player had a different ID, this one was one of the players at the bottom like me. That's why i said he or she probably spend gold.

Ahhhhh OK, I get it now! Yes, to bridge the gap. Or plays 24/7 over the weekend? Combination? I noticed many soared once the weekend arrived.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 06:36 PM
I have 5 gold producers now, but like to spend the gold on habitats. I'll wait until Skylord inevitably arrives in a Value Pack. I do buy those if the dragon is expired AND I like the dragon (or is great stock, like Prime Chroma), but even I have got to the point now where the dragon on offer is one I already have from game play.

What worries me the most is how many of these are kids whose parents are going to have a heart attack when their credit card bill arrives?

I don't spend gold on habitats because while they can hold 4 dragons, 1 more than regular habitats, the ending result is simply produce more coins, which I don't need.

Yea, you bring up a good point, it'll be tough on the actual payer because the player is a child who doesn't know any better than to keep spending money on a game.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 06:38 PM
Ahhhhh OK, I get it now! Yes, to bridge the gap. Or plays 24/7 over the weekend? Combination? I noticed many soared once the weekend arrived.

Weekend allowed for more time to play, so even kids who had school to deal with during weekdays can play much more during weekend, but either way, to get so much he or she probably spent to boost as well as sped up, cause that player's island is nothing special, I checked it out, with only 1 nest and no diamonds.

TeasTeas
04-02-16, 06:38 PM

There are players out there who can and do get gold through illegitimate means and you'll never beat them playing fairly, so I would definitely tell anyone to stay out of a gold war if you sense one brewing. I work in IT development and, while I don't like donning a black hat, I do sometimes for the purpose of knowledge. I can say 100% there are people taking advantage. It should be relatively easy for the company to run reports designed to detect things out of normal range with gold used, time spent etc. compared to actual legitimate gold acquired but it would take resources dedicated to that... And it might not be a priority when tons of money is rolling in from legit players.
I would suggest that they do. Very prudent. I hope s8 addresses this efficiently.

TeasTeas
04-02-16, 06:47 PM
I managed a spot. Now is the time that I'm perterbed.
Person behind me i managed to get ahead of just got an Arctic Isle.
..and then their's me.. Android.
Nope.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 06:47 PM

Great advice, I actually have said a similar thing a year or so ago, too bad many players are still spending money for gold, and those unwilling to spend are a small minority.

DeeDe99
04-02-16, 07:03 PM
When all is said and done, really this is nothing more than a ridiculously indulgent first world problem. There are children dying of starvation, lack of clean water and medical treatment around the world and here we have people allegedly spending thousands on a computer game.

I do hope S8 make suitably generous corporate donations to worthy causes.

@Kennedward - the reason the question of the payer arose for me was this. I had two children at school who were required to have iPads and be able to download educational requirements in class. That requires the credit card details. I set the device to require the password for each purchase and I refused to give the children the password as they came from a society (migrant step-children, you see) where they had developed no understanding of credit card use. However, most of the kids in their classes could just pay and download. Now either the parents had not set the requirement for the password or they had set up a separate small limit credit card for the children's purchases (always a good idea). Some parents are not that cyber savvy though, so I see a real risk with this sort of event.

chuckyt888
04-02-16, 07:04 PM
The leader on my board has a Diamond dragon (pure diamond) on their nest for the 3rd time in the last two days. Leader sits at 11.5k now and has upped thousands anytime anyone got close or took a small lead. The eggs have changed on the nest so it's not the same one. Either that person is buying 2000g Diamond eggs legitimately or they are resorting to more nefarious things we've been mentioning in this thread. I don't accept 3 legitimate successful Diamond breedings in 2 days considering how difficult it is to breed and I don't know why in the world they'd buy Diamond eggs when they already had multiples of that dragon... unless of course there was no cost to them in any way.

TeasTeas
04-02-16, 07:06 PM
Great advice, I actually have said a similar thing a year or so ago, too bad many players are still spending money for gold, and those unwilling to spend are a small minority.

Every great once in a while i do; because i really appreciate the games, and the amount of release from the ho drum monotony of a days stress. Every once in a while as a treat on one i really enjoy.
I just am having a hard time reasoning with DS platform non equality; and by this point in time it just doesn't make sense. Every good game that has items to use, does allow for strategy, and options is standard for anything competitive. . however.. it is almost like saying because you drive a hybrid car- you can't have something.
Soooo much time on development and so many games yet DS remains incomplete as it were.
I would really like to keep a position on the Leaderboard; however if i spend and someone having a device advantage can just breeze past..

Kennedward
04-02-16, 07:14 PM
When all is said and done, really this is nothing more than a ridiculously indulgent first world problem. There are children dying of starvation, lack of clean water and medical treatment around the world and here we have people allegedly spending thousands on a computer game.

I do hope S8 make suitably generous corporate donations to worthy causes.

@Kennedward - the reason the question of the payer arose for me was this. I had two children at school who were required to have iPads and be able to download educational requirements in class. That requires the credit card details. I set the device to require the password for each purchase and I refused to give the children the password as they came from a society (migrant step-children, you see) where they had developed no understanding of credit card use. However, most of the kids in their classes could just pay and download. Now either the parents had not set the requirement for the password or they had set up a separate small limit credit card for the children's purchases (always a good idea). Some parents are not that cyber savvy though, so I see a real risk with this sort of event.

It seems TL only cared about making money, as I've said a year or so ago, they don't really care about anything else.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 07:15 PM
Every great once in a while i do; because i really appreciate the games, and the amount of release from the ho drum monotony of a days stress. Every once in a while as a treat on one i really enjoy.
I just am having a hard time reasoning with DS platform non equality; and by this point in time it just doesn't make sense. Every good game that has items to use, does allow for strategy, and options is standard for anything competitive. . however.. it is almost like saying because you drive a hybrid car- you can't have something.
Soooo much time on development and so many games yet DS remains incomplete as it were.
I would really like to keep a position on the Leaderboard; however if i spend and someone having a device advantage can just breeze past..

I wouldn't mind those who are spending a little to treat their kids, but seeing some with 20,000 points or more, that's going overboard and it'll become an addiction to spend if it's a kid playing just so that he or she can win an event for a dragon.

That's what I don't like to see.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 07:24 PM
Well, the bright side of this is that there's only 1 day and 14 hrs to go for this event, so whatever's happening with a lot of these accounts will end in roughly a day and a half

06hunter
04-02-16, 07:54 PM
Wow this is just crazy madness! It is a blatant cash grab by S8/TL once I realized that no biggie my biggest complaint is that my storm id is how I'm published in the leader board! I never consented to allow my id to be published for all to see! Who knows how many people I will have to decline now no in the future because they just decided to invade the little privacy we have. That to me is the worst part about this event. Why would they even do it that way? We have never been classified by our id just our island name. This is so not cool at all and must be changed not that a thousand people haven't already written them down by now. A half hour into the update I realized I definitely wouldn't win and I'm ok with that. I would like the Tanuki as I don't have it but again not that big of a deal. So I guess for me this will be a break to try and breed the dragons there has never been time for and feed some of my starving dragons. I won't even try to win or revolve my life around this event only to lose because I won't spend the gold. I think it's time to find a new game which is sad because I have some really great neighbors and enjoy the people I talk to here for help during the tournaments. Bas move TL with so many people already having one foot out of the game!
I agree with you on this. I have had to decline someone already. Very unhappy that they put our ID's out there especially since they tell us to protect ourselves. I never give out my ID.

06hunter
04-02-16, 08:11 PM
How can S8 tell us not to share screenshots, but they've given my ID to a bunch of randoms on my leaderboard? If any of them post insulting or harassing messages on my wall, I will be angry.

I also wanted to express my support for those of you outling the pretty substantial issues with this game. This isn't about resistance to change; it is about fairness and respect for customers. If something new is fair and properly rolled out, then it would be embraced! This? Not so much.
The only way they can post to your Wall is if they are your neighbor. So far I have already had to decline someone on a neighbor request. When this Event is done we will all have to change our S8 IDs.

06hunter
04-02-16, 08:16 PM
If storm8 ID's are private then they should not be on display for 19 random people that I did not approve to my island! My storm8 ID is displayed here because I do not chose to, it is required. I post under my baby account for that reason!

Storm8 cannot preach to me about privacy and breach it when it pleases.
Having our IDs posted here in the Forum is a problem also. They need to go by Island names only.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 08:18 PM
Having our IDs posted here in the Forum is a problem also. They need to go by Island names only.

Agreed. Our IDS are shown on the forum as well, not just in the leaderboard for this event, pretty funny how they said don't share our IDs when it's easily shown to everyone

9krm
04-02-16, 08:21 PM
My group seems fairly balanced. The leader has just over 2000 and I am in 4th with 1700. I have been breeding winter fails the whole time (yay) and putting stored eggs on my second nest. I am on lvl 131 but Android, so no arctic isles.

I refuse to spend gold on this event. Not only is it silly, but I don't even like the look of the first place dragon.

DeeDe99
04-02-16, 08:24 PM
The only way they can post to your Wall is if they are your neighbor. So far I have already had to decline someone on a neighbor request. When this Event is done we will all have to change our S8 IDs.

One does not have to be a neighbour to post on anyone's wall.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 08:25 PM
My group seems fairly balanced. The leader has just over 2000 and I am in 4th with 1700. I have been breeding winter fails the whole time (yay) and putting stored eggs on my second nest. I am on lvl 131 but Android, so no arctic isles.

I refuse to spend gold on this event. Not only is it silly, but I don't even like the look of the first place dragon.

That's great that your group does not have those players with crazy high points!

And yea, adding to my point, I would only spend gold for those special dragons that are only purchasable with gold, like the gold producing or bomb producing dragons. Cause any other types just produces coins, which I don't need.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 08:26 PM

Yea, you can simply visit anyone's island and post to their wall

ladymakay
04-02-16, 08:50 PM

Haha it's not a theory if the conspiracy is real. 31 mins ago player 18 with 97 points jumped to 2700 and counting, no eggs in nest, no fountain and no boost showing...lvl 41 ?!? Hahha, S8, yall can have this one.

Kennedward
04-02-16, 08:51 PM
Haha it's not a theory if the conspiracy is real. 31 mins ago player 18 with 97 points jumped to 2700 and counting, no eggs in nest, no fountain and no boost showing...lvl 41 ?!? Hahha, TL yall can have this one.

It's one of the reasons why so many of us on the forum dislike this event, sure hope the next one will be better

chuckyt888
04-02-16, 09:08 PM
I'm predicting tomorrow will be the biggest day of income for this game in recent memory. Really going out on a limb there, aren't I.

Unfortunately this is going to mean this event is here to stay. They're going for the jugular on gold spenders.

random59
04-02-16, 09:14 PM
Haha it's not a theory if the conspiracy is real. 31 mins ago player 18 with 97 points jumped to 2700 and counting, no eggs in nest, no fountain and no boost showing...lvl 41 ?!? Hahha, S8, yall can have this one.

Sorry that sounds totally implausible to me, wonder if TL have some dummy accounts somewhere, or maybe there is a hack out there!!!!!!!

ladymakay
04-02-16, 09:44 PM
Sorry that sounds totally implausible to me, wonder if TL have some dummy accounts somewhere, or maybe there is a hack out there!!!!!!!

I know it when I see it, quest post glowing, no dragons breeding, period, no eggs in the nest, along with the rest.. come on, call a spade a spade. Oh well, I was done anyway but the player behind me had hope, I feel bad for her.

06hunter
04-02-16, 09:48 PM

Thanks. I don't know why I thought someone couldn't post to another's wall unless they were neighbors. I had a brain freeze. Lol

random59
04-02-16, 10:03 PM
I know it when I see it, quest post glowing, no dragons breeding, period, no eggs in the nest, along with the rest.. come on, call a spade a spade. Oh well, I was done anyway but the player behind me had hope, I feel bad for her.

Sorry didn't mean to say that I doubted what you saw, was meaning how can that that occur with no movement on the island in breeding etc!

groovyedwin
04-02-16, 10:26 PM

It would cost gold to do this. So 2603 points using gold would cost roughly one third of that is gold (buying water dragons, spending 12 gold to get 36 points immediately) would mean 868 gold spent to do this while leaving no eggs behind.

Anaboe
04-02-16, 11:05 PM
I'm sure everyone is also using storage eggs. This event was a good reason to burn those up finally, but it's one of the only things I've liked about this event.
I'm not. I have over 150 eggs in storage, and haven't hatched a single one of them. I'm placed second with 2,300 points, nr 1 has almost 2,500, nr. 3 has 2,100.
Just by normal playing, didn't even buy many extra water-dragons, as I usually do during World-events. Spent litteraly only 1 gold (speeding a breeding so I could get another breeding in the den before going to sleep.

The wheel is extremely unfortunate for me the last days, only coins and tiles... Any of the other things would be welcome, but coins? Really?

No stress from me, like I said, I don't want to participate...

ladymakay
04-02-16, 11:22 PM
Sorry didn't mean to say that I doubted what you saw, was meaning how can that that occur with no movement on the island in breeding etc!

Oh, I didn't take it that way, I know what you're saying ☺. They're still climbing in points, but still the same lvl..... even hackpacks know better than that lol .

jjblueyes
04-02-16, 11:33 PM
So I agree with you hon, listen some just can't be wrong. I think there are some things that don't add up here. I do know a blanket, yes you can, cause I can statement isn't how I would approach it. If you can play round the clock, that's great. Having every day be a perfect top amount possible day doesn't seem realistic. Pay what you want. Some people cannot get the prizes without spending gold. You aren't always going to breed the highest point dragons. If you can't be on 24/7 you will likely lose time to breed, and if you always only get big numbers on the wheel then you should buy a lotto ticket. This is already a decisive event.
Bottom line is, if you have a big spender in your group, you are not coming in first without spending an enourous amount of gold, and so far I've not spoken to one person, not one, and I've chatted with many folks the past few days, who are going to get all 3 prize dragons without doing some type of gold...speeding up the eggs, buying boosts, fountains, whatever. It's all a gold grab period. If you want to spend the money that is your choice. Spend it. Own it.

Me? Holy Moses! I'm watching the 1st and 2nd place folks trade places every hour and the points are stretching between 1 and 3 thousand points an hour! I don't want non of that hot mess. No one wins in that, my opionin. If you have to spend all your time and tons of money fighting strangers and having to sit on your game all weekend is not winning in my book. How much is this dragon going to cost some of these people? Smh.

I'm taking the very sound advice of sitting back and popping some popcorn. It's starting to get entertaining, in the most sad way to me, but entertaining non the less.

jjblueyes
04-02-16, 11:34 PM
I'm not. I have over 150 eggs in storage, and haven't hatched a single one of them. I'm placed second with 2,300 points, nr 1 has almost 2,500, nr. 3 has 2,100.
Just by normal playing, didn't even buy many extra water-dragons, as I usually do during World-events. Spent litteraly only 1 gold (speeding a breeding so I could get another breeding in the den before going to sleep.

Smart one;) hope you get the prize. My group 2100 is 12th place! Good luck!

ladymakay
04-02-16, 11:44 PM
Hey you, listen some just can't be wrong. I think there are some things that don't add up here. I do know a blanket, yes you can, cause I can statement isn't how I would approach it. If you can play round the clock, that's great. Having every day be a perfect top amount possible day doesn't seem realistic. Pay what you want. Some people cannot get the prizes without spending gold. You aren't always going to breed the highest point dragons. If you can't be on 24/7 you will likely lose time to breed, and if you always only get big numbers on the wheel then you should buy a lotto ticket. This is already a decisive event.
Bottom line is, if you have a big spender in your group, you are not coming in first without spending an enourous amount of gold, and so far I've not spoken to one person, not one, and I've chatted with many folks the past few days, who are going to get all 3 prize dragons without doing some type of gold...speeding up the eggs, buying boosts, fountains, whatever. It's all a gold grab period. If you want to spend the money that is your choice. Spend it. Own it.

Me? Holy Moses! I'm watching the 1st and 2nd place folks trade places every hour and the points are stretching between 1 and 3 thousand points an hour! I don't want non of that hot mess. No one wins in that, my opionin. If you have to spend all your time and tons of money fighting strangers and having to sit on your game all weekend is not winning in my book. How much is this dragon going to cost some of these people? Smh.

I'm taking the very sound advice of sitting back and popping some popcorn. It's starting to get entertaining, in the most sad way to me, but entertaining non the less.

LOL... your post is great! I'm right there with you, literally it's become entertainment. The part that really tickles me is how stupid do these "people" think I am? My brother created ghost opponents, give me a break!

JustKay
04-02-16, 11:51 PM
It would cost gold to do this. So 2603 points using gold would cost roughly one third of that is gold (buying water dragons, spending 12 gold to get 36 points immediately) would mean 868 gold spent to do this while leaving no eggs behind.

I know a way you can do this jump with just 234 gold, but it does require more than 30 minutes and certain conditions to be met and you do need to have a boost enabled. I think this new feature is still a bit open to manipulation.

jjblueyes
04-02-16, 11:52 PM
LOL... your post is great! I'm right there with you, literally it's become entertainment. The part that really tickles me is how stupid do these "people" think I am? My brother created ghost opponents, give me a break!

Right? It's not cool! I'm really despising the entire thing!

JustKay
04-02-16, 11:55 PM

The wheel is extremely unfortunate for me the last days, only coins and tiles... Any of the other things would be welcome, but coins? Really?

You are lucky to be in a group that's not particularly competitive with gold. Mine is probably pushing 4000 points for the top spot, but that's partly my fault too >_<

debrasbistro
04-02-16, 11:59 PM
The leader on my board has a Diamond dragon (pure diamond) on their nest for the 3rd time in the last two days. Leader sits at 11.5k now and has upped thousands anytime anyone got close or took a small lead. The eggs have changed on the nest so it's not the same one. Either that person is buying 2000g Diamond eggs legitimately or they are resorting to more nefarious things we've been mentioning in this thread. I don't accept 3 legitimate successful Diamond breedings in 2 days considering how difficult it is to breed and I don't know why in the world they'd buy Diamond eggs when they already had multiples of that dragon... unless of course there was no cost to them in any way.

I noticed the same thing. All of a sudden my competition has 3 nests and diamonds on the nests?

ladymakay
04-03-16, 12:02 AM
Until a few hours ago, my group was awesome and the rest still are! Then player 18 told on themselves lmao. I could care less but 2 players were hoping to place, that's what bothers me is now they're up the river .

ladymakay
04-03-16, 12:06 AM
Right? It's not cool! I'm really despising the entire thing!
Until a few hours ago, my group was awesome and the rest still are! Then player 18 told on themselves lmao. I could care less but 2 players were hoping to place, that's what bothers me is now they're up the river .[/QUOTE]

Kennedward
04-03-16, 12:23 AM
I'm predicting tomorrow will be the biggest day of income for this game in recent memory. Really going out on a limb there, aren't I.

Unfortunately this is going to mean this event is here to stay. They're going for the jugular on gold spenders.

Agreed, I'm pretty sure more will come because this one is making the most money for them.

jjblueyes
04-03-16, 12:35 AM
Agreed, I'm pretty sure more will come because this one is making the most money for them.

I wish I could say you guys were wrong!.... Bleck!

debrasbistro
04-03-16, 12:48 AM

Let's not forget that the tourney is going on, ending tomorrow plus the intricate egg. What a birthday it is... For them alone. Blech is right! It's all timed for maximum expense as those who need egg pieces still have to face tourney dragons.

Almost forgot the new 'limited'.

AnglChk507
04-03-16, 12:51 AM
Someone on my board has over 8000 points! Seems quite impossible to me! Wonder how they are doing it, seems fishy.

No offense but i have over 8000 and im not fishy. I sped breed and sped hatched for a straight hour on the 1.5 boost because i was trying to get my night elf which i finally brought home.. Like I've said in previous messages it sucks for players who can't buy gold as much as others i buy over 100$ worth of gold a month sometimes more so i have a bunch of gold to being able to do these things. I am sorry you're behind in leaderboards but just because some people have the money to put into this game doesn't make them fishy. It's why this event is stupid as hell because of the unfair placements of teams. But i take offense to you guys saying people who have such high points are *****ing etc. Because my points are all from being able to afford so much gold. Just stop

seisurreal
04-03-16, 12:51 AM
Hi TL/S8 ★

I have bought the 1.5 booster , but got no points or extra points after I placed my sunrise egg on the nest.

Sunrise eggs are one of the most annoying ones avail cos of the 24-hour incubation. And what's worse was the zero points after all that waiting!

Please assist. ★ Ty ★

jaymieb2
04-03-16, 01:18 AM
Gah!!! Apparently I accidentally clicked on Buy Apples and spent 100 gold. I immediately force closed the game - before the purchase showed it was complete. The result? Sale went through. . . and the points I earned from the quest AND the battle I won (before the accidental apple purchase) both rolled back.

REALLY? * SIGH *

Sandybellee
04-03-16, 01:19 AM
Holy moly! A lot has happened overnight!

It will be really interesting to see how far this gold war goes! Anyway, I'm getting my Tanuki very soon - yay! Then it's the home stretch for Galaxy.

dnddragons
04-03-16, 01:41 AM
Does anyone find it odd that not a single monitor has commented on this thread? The event started to early to be an April Fools joke but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that since the event is so unpopular maybe everyone that participated will get the skylord dragon. Maybe we all need to not play the game for a few days as a protest. I'm sure that last remark will get a monitor's attention.��

random59
04-03-16, 01:45 AM
Does anyone find it odd that not a single monitor has commented on this thread? The event started to early to be an April Fools joke but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that since the event is so unpopular maybe everyone that participated will get the skylord dragon. Maybe we all need to not play the game for a few days as a protest. I'm sure that last remark will get a monitor's attention.��

LOL! They are all in the counting house thinking of the money that this event is bringing to the company and how that will affect their bonuses.

random59
04-03-16, 01:49 AM
To think that Dragon Story was initially released on 18 May 2012' the mind boggles at the celebrations starting end of March carrying into April, someone can't count!:p

patisserieforever
04-03-16, 02:22 AM
I'm currently leading with 1,922 points, second is 250 behind and third 350.
I only used 4 golds, it's a fair group I think, no fountains, not even boost at all for everyone (level 76 to 112 I think).
I don't really care about the skylord dragon which I may have but tanuki and galaxy is out of reach and i'm frustated, for the time invested in there...I did log almost each hour between my studies (except sleeping time of course) and it's still impossible to get the Milestones prizes without spending gold.

Hope the tales will be funnier, easier than this event !

Good luck for those who are close to reach their goals, whatever it is 😊

DeeDe99
04-03-16, 02:33 AM
Holy moly! A lot has happened overnight!

It will be really interesting to see how far this gold war goes! Anyway, I'm getting my Tanuki very soon - yay! Then it's the home stretch for Galaxy.

Galaxy safely on the nest. My problem is where to house her. She clearly belongs on the Interstellar Gateway, but that means moving Penumbra, and then that means.....and on it goes. Penumbra may have to be stabled until I sort it out. That is essentially the event over for me. The placings are out of reach in my group and I have 4,000 points. VERY glad the only gold I invested was buying the Fountain!

Bastiaan0
04-03-16, 03:13 AM
Galaxy safely on the nest. My problem is where to house her. She clearly belongs on the Interstellar Gateway, but that means moving Penumbra, and then that means.....and on it goes. Penumbra may have to be stabled until I sort it out. That is essentially the event over for me. The placings are out of reach in my group and I have 4,000 points. VERY glad the only gold I invested was buying the Fountain!

Don't know how you did that without spending gold :confused:
I'm now at 2480 points, I don't have a fountain, though. It would have given me 600 points max in the last days, but that counts up to only 3000 points. How did you get the other 1000? I must say, I'm not very lucky in breeding, got mostly common fails, but the wheel and the milestones gave me a decent amount of points. Ofcourse I also keep my 3 nests occupied with commons, but I can't figure it out...
*still :confused:*

DeeDe99
04-03-16, 03:25 AM
Don't know how you did that without spending gold :confused:
I'm now at 2480 points, I don't have a fountain, though. It would have given me 600 points max in the last days, but that counts up to only 3000 points. How did you get the other 1000? I must say, I'm not very lucky in breeding, got mostly common fails, but the wheel and the milestones gave me a decent amount of points. Ofcourse I also keep my 3 nests occupied with commons, but I can't figure it out...
*still :confused:*

I posted my calcs here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90309-Skylord-Leaders-Event-March-29-2016&p=1273169&viewfull=1#post1273169). I didn't play much yesterday as I was at my course class, but got enough today to secure Galaxy.

I don't think I got many rarity bonuses, hatched a lot of Water dragons though, to keep the nests occupied. The spin thing was kind to me too, until today when I've got purple path pieces twice.

Single, no kids, time on my hands, Bastiaan0.

Oh, Water and Air dragons - Air are useful for using up nest hours where Water is too long when crafting or breeding is close to finished.

jjblueyes
04-03-16, 03:25 AM
Me either @bas

cdbabe
04-03-16, 03:28 AM
Finally got my galaxy dragon in my nest so far im the leader in our group and very close to each other between me, 2nd and 3rd. im hoping to stay in first place so i can have skylord dragon. i will spend gold ( which is collected from my gold producing dragon).for boosting if i have too to make sure i get the top prize dragon.

Honestly speaking since i start playing dragon story this event i spent too many gold compred ith any other event we have.

I feel sorry for those in a group that thier top player are way above the normal player do. im not saying they are *****ing and if they have the money to spend. My question is why bother doing the whole leaderboard event if you have the money or gold to buy/spend in getting the top prize dragon. atleast give other player a chance to get it and dont play this event. Im pretty sure it will not more expensive as ultra rare dragon..

goodluck everyone.

bakerystoe
04-03-16, 03:36 AM
Got 2034. My. Team. Not. Good. As. I. Think

LocalNews
04-03-16, 03:53 AM
I noticed that the top people in my group have an extra roost and bought the extra breeding nest. I have been playing for a long time but didn't feel a need for them since I have so many dragons already. I think I top them in rank as well. Again, I am not going to compete with players in seeing who can spend the most gold. It would be nice to get the Tanuki dragon but I already have the other dragons (galaxy and pinata).

Bastiaan0
04-03-16, 03:58 AM
I posted my calcs here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90309-Skylord-Leaders-Event-March-29-2016&p=1273169&viewfull=1#post1273169). I didn't play much yesterday as I was at my course class, but got enough today to secure Galaxy.

I don't think I got many rarity bonuses, hatched a lot of Water dragons though, to keep the nests occupied. The spin thing was kind to me too, until today when I've got purple path pieces twice.

Single, no kids, time on my hands, Bastiaan0.

Oh, Water and Air dragons - Air are useful for using up nest hours where Water is too long when crafting or breeding is close to finished.

Ah, Arctic Isles :( Doesn't seem to yield a lot of points, but clearly an advantage. Time for S8 to release the arctics for us poor Droids!

And I didn't count on people (no offence, DeeDe ;)) who have every day all day to play... I'm also single without kids, but there is this nasty thing called 'work' :p I was counting on an avarage of 5 collections per day from the fountain and 100 points per day from questing...

And I also buy Light and Olympus dragons, if that is better for planning.

So I see it should be possible, but then again, if it would have been a normal working week, I would be on the negative side, even for Tanuki...

I feel sorry for those in a group that thier top player are way above the normal player do. im not saying they are *****ing and if they have the money to spend. My question is why bother doing the whole leaderboard event if you have the money or gold to buy/spend in getting the top prize dragon. atleast give other player a chance to get it and dont play this event. Im pretty sure it will not more expensive as ultra rare dragon..

goodluck everyone.

Well said!

DeeDe99
04-03-16, 04:09 AM
@Bastiaan0, I'd much prefer to be working. Problem is we live in an ageist society. So I'm studying in order to set up my own PT business for older clients. DS is my sanity pill. :p

Clark_Wayne
04-03-16, 04:11 AM

people don't need to be your neighbor to post on your wall, but you can block them after they posted
and you can not change your Storm id , unless you want to start an new island from zero ;D (i won't after playing over 3 years this game, playing hard to get all these dragons :D)

Clark_Wayne
04-03-16, 04:25 AM
DS is my sanity pill. :p

DS and... FFS LOL

Jennerwein1
04-03-16, 04:27 AM
So: just went on my baby account (level 16) after a few days. Sky lord opened up. My leaderboard mates, including I, all have 0 points. I spin the wheel, get 14 points. Check leaderboard. At that moment another player (lebvel 111, what's up with that? Similar, NOT) has 15 points all of a sudden. All others still 0. All I can think is : stimulating game economy. I hope I am wrong.:(

Add: that player has nothing on nest or breeding den, so obviously not active. Where do the 15 come from? S8... Any ideas? Hmmmm
Add2: now all the numbers have changed. Not that I care. Maybe they are active and that was just a delayed update. Who knows.

blueeyedpatterson
04-03-16, 04:57 AM
I have been holding 2nd place an the first place player has over 5000 points which 4000 were speed breeding. I watched egg after egg change in the nest so he is using gold but what I don't understand is the chick below me has never had anything in her breeding den an the only thing in her nest was the first egg she won with her points. This morning she still had nothing in den or nest an jumped 600 points an passed me. How the Heck do you get 600 points only doing quest n wheel....Crazy an Strange if ya ask me. She doesn't even have the fountain.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 05:24 AM

Me too, I don't like this type of competition either

Sandybellee
04-03-16, 05:58 AM

Congrats! I would love to have Galaxy in that habitat! I'm hoping they release it again for a sale price at some point. Didn't have the gold to spend the last time it was available.

I have my Tanuki on the nest now. I think I'll make it to Galaxy without spending too much more gold. I used about 80 yesterday and will be using one or two more 7 gold boosts. Not too bad for 2 great new dragons! :)

Werekatze
04-03-16, 06:33 AM
The animosity this event has caused is staggering. There is so much hating on S8 for creating it and on our fellow players for using gold to take stop spots. We're analyzing competitor islands, breaking down the math to see how much gold gets spent, and we're crying *****er left and right. The 3rd place and down placers are going to feel upset, the winners will either lord it over others or feel bad and wary of hatching their skylords, and in the end we will have a lot of people suspicious towards one another and angry with S8.

I'm guessing that the developers had no idea they would get this level of negative feedback, and being a business, they will weigh how lucrative it was against how many players they may lose if they repeat it. I fervently hope to not see this type of event again, not unless they somehow remove the player vs. Player aspect. No one can deny the playing field was grossly mismatched, whether it was your group placement or you were on android or ios. Obtaining even the pinata dragon was impossible for many without spending some gold. Creating an event that so blatantly demands gold purchases feels kind of like a friend doing something mean to you with a smile on their face. Why? I think it's because we love this game and we're appreciative for it, and everyone has their own reasons for playing. Stress reduction, happiness when we get that new dragon, peace when we tap away and forget that our body hurts. The reasons are as varied as the players.

DS was able to be played by the casual or the supremely active player and paying gold was a choice. It still is this way, only now we can hate on our fellow players and mistrust them if they pay gold to get that Tanuki on day 5 when they haven't had time to play all week. When the event is over, are you going to visit a community player's island and see a skylord and fountain and turn your nose up, assuming they spent gobs of gold to win it? Maybe you cannot fathom the amounts of gold flying around right now... I know I can't, but it's awful to cut others down because they are able to spend real money to get a pixel dragon in a game that makes them happy. No, it's absolutely not fair that not everyone has a chance of getting even the 3 milestone dragons, but please try not to assume the worst of your fellow players. You might not know the story behind how they are playing and why. Judging others is human, but we can choose to be better than that, right?

Jennerwein1
04-03-16, 07:04 AM
The animosity this event has caused is staggering. There is so much hating on S8 for creating it and on our fellow players for using gold to take stop spots. We're analyzing competitor islands, breaking down the math to see how much gold gets spent, and we're crying *****er left and right. The 3rd place and down placers are going to feel upset, the winners will either lord it over others or feel bad and wary of hatching their skylords, and in the end we will have a lot of people suspicious towards one another and angry with S8.

I'm guessing that the developers had no idea they would get this level of negative feedback, and being a business, they will weigh how lucrative it was against how many players they may lose if they repeat it. I fervently hope to not see this type of event again, not unless they somehow remove the player vs. Player aspect. No one can deny the playing field was grossly mismatched, whether it was your group placement or you were on android or ios. Obtaining even the pinata dragon was impossible for many without spending some gold. Creating an event that so blatantly demands gold purchases feels kind of like a friend doing something mean to you with a smile on their face. Why? I think it's because we love this game and we're appreciative for it, and everyone has their own reasons for playing. Stress reduction, happiness when we get that new dragon, peace when we tap away and forget that our body hurts. The reasons are as varied as the players.

DS was able to be played by the casual or the supremely active player and paying gold was a choice. It still is this way, only now we can hate on our fellow players and mistrust them if they pay gold to get that Tanuki on day 5 when they haven't had time to play all week. When the event is over, are you going to visit a community player's island and see a skylord and fountain and turn your nose up, assuming they spent gobs of gold to win it? Maybe you cannot fathom the amounts of gold flying around right now... I know I can't, but it's awful to cut others down because they are able to spend real money to get a pixel dragon in a game that makes them happy. No, it's absolutely not fair that not everyone has a chance of getting even the 3 milestone dragons, but please try not to assume the worst of your fellow players. You might not know the story behind how they are playing and why. Judging others is human, but we can choose to be better than that, right?

Well put Werekatze. (Love your ID name :) )

pernmagic
04-03-16, 07:31 AM
As I said I'm not impressed with competitive aspect and the leaderboard selection and don't really want to see another one but I did buy the fountain in ignorance I guess of how this would play out but without spending any other gold I have the pi?ata who I did not have , don't think I'll make the Tanuki and I seem to be stuck around 12 / 13 on my board and that's at my L 172 level most others are way above me ...... So I hope TL note the aspects which most of us find unacceptable to the normal way DS is played and change any future plans if they have of course :)

warrior61280
04-03-16, 07:33 AM
No offense but i have over 8000 and im not fishy. I sped breed and sped hatched for a straight hour on the 1.5 boost because i was trying to get my night elf which i finally brought home.. Like I've said in previous messages it sucks for players who can't buy gold as much as others i buy over 100$ worth of gold a month sometimes more so i have a bunch of gold to being able to do these things. I am sorry you're behind in leaderboards but just because some people have the money to put into this game doesn't make them fishy. It's why this event is stupid as hell because of the unfair placements of teams. But i take offense to you guys saying people who have such high points are *****ing etc. Because my points are all from being able to afford so much gold. Just stop

I know a way you can do this jump with just 234 gold, but it does require more than 30 minutes and certain conditions to be met and you do need to have a boost enabled. I think this new feature is still a bit open to manipulation.

I am curious about the manipulation part. Not that I manipulate in multiplayer games, but this was intended to be a personal game/coop game; not pvp where the only winner is developer. And the loser spent money only to have someone else spend more money, again the only winner being developer.

seisurreal
04-03-16, 07:49 AM
Dear All ★

I think TL/S8 is trying to find out whether we will turn savage over this event or if we would salvage whatever we could to get the prize! They are perhaps, trying to find what our spending limits, how willing are we to part with our gold/monies should they do another leaders' event.

Now I worry for the next event.. how would TL/S8 pair up the members in each team? Are they based on level or spending power?

Could TL/S8 to clarify on these.. Ty:p

tromalyt
04-03-16, 08:01 AM
Dear All ★

I think TL/S8 is trying to find out whether we will turn savage over this event or if we would salvage whatever we could to get the prize! They are perhaps, trying to find what our spending limits, how willing are we to part with our gold/monies should they do another leaders' event.

Now I worry for the next event.. how would TL/S8 pair up the members in each team? Are they based on level or spending power?

Could TL/S8 to clarify on these.. Ty:p

From what I have read here, I believe it is based on how much time you spend playing. At least in part that is a factor, maybe not the only one. People who wasn't playing any more have reported that they where paired with other inactive players.

Kennedward
04-03-16, 08:06 AM
As I said I'm not impressed with competitive aspect and the leaderboard selection and don't really want to see another one but I did buy the fountain in ignorance I guess of how this would play out but without spending any other gold I have the pi?ata who I did not have , don't think I'll make the Tanuki and I seem to be stuck around 12 / 13 on my board and that's at my L 172 level most others are way above me ...... So I hope TL note the aspects which most of us find unacceptable to the normal way DS is played and change any future plans if they have of course :)

Agreed, but seeing how so many players spend gold for this event, I think this is one of the most successful event for TL, and that means more will come cause TL need to make money.

Freesia_Rose
04-03-16, 09:05 AM
I have a intricate egg ready from crafting. Since the rules say common and non breed dragons doesn't get the bonus, that means I just receive the hatching points correct ?

warrior61280
04-03-16, 09:08 AM
Correct. Congrats on your egg! Hope you get the Fool as well. Kinda cool looking.
Shame.