PDA

View Full Version : Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

grassprawn
03-30-16, 04:40 AM
Anyone has the point stuck in accumulation? I am on 180 and no matter what i did the point wont add? Have switched off the phone several times but still no point added. Well i guess i wont worry abt tjis event than.

TL4me
03-30-16, 04:44 AM
One of my team members currently has a score of 15,743 which is way out of reach for anyone else on the team to move ahead of her. Noticed she has at least thirteen baby diamond dragons and one on the nest. Most ppl are lucky to have one or two diamond dragons. Something is not right!

Here is the latest pic from my post very early this morning. Her score has gone up a little more since first posted.

Sandybellee
03-30-16, 04:44 AM
yes same thing happened to my baby account : 3 golds won then gone when i came back (i posted that hours ago)
and yes i don't like neither they put our storm id instead of the island name, though it is our storm id showing in the forum ;)

Yeah, I think a lot of people are losing their wheel prizes and the prizes from the achievement boxes. And absolutely no comment from S8!

All I can say is thank goodness we don't have anything like this event in FFS and hopefully never will!

Sandybellee
03-30-16, 04:54 AM
Here is the latest pic from my post very early this morning. Her score has gone up a little more since first posted.

[removed photo- privacy}

They really need to change it to show island names instead of IDs for so many reasons! For example, I don't think all the players using a lot of gold are going to be happy to be "outed" like this by S8.

TL4me
03-30-16, 05:09 AM
They really need to change it to show island names instead of IDs for so many reasons! For example, I don't think all the players using a lot of gold are going to be happy to be "outed" like this by S8.

I totally agree with you! I was very hesitant to even give out my ID when I was adding nbrs...usually asked for their ID.
When I started posting on the forum for different S8 games, I had problems with ppl using my ID to be my nbr because of our ID being exposed on here.

Clark_Wayne
03-30-16, 06:05 AM
Yeah, I think a lot of people are losing their wheel prizes and the prizes from the achievement boxes. And absolutely no comment from S8!

All I can say is thank goodness we don't have anything like this event in FFS and hopefully never will!

don't say that ! we never know ! :eek: don't forgot that FFS often use stuffs from DS (spin wheel, tourney, and... the way treasure animals are sold in FFS !)

(removed photo- privacy]

omg i'm happy not being in your team ! will never get the 1st prize ! :eek: now i know why they call this event "Big (birthday) bash party" :eek:

belarica
03-30-16, 06:24 AM
I'm not getting the right amount of points for hatching dragons. I got 10 for hatching disco. 8 hour hatching time x 3 +10 for being "rare" =/= 10 points

cdbabe
03-30-16, 06:33 AM
Can you get points for non breed able dragons when you hatch it???

belarica
03-30-16, 06:38 AM
Can you get points for non breed able dragons when you hatch it???

Yes for the hatching, just no bonus like breed able dragons

roguebee
03-30-16, 06:53 AM
I'm not getting the right amount of points for hatching dragons. I got 10 for hatching disco. 8 hour hatching time x 3 +10 for being "rare" =/= 10 points

I thought the same thing happened when I hatched a Wooden fail this morning. Received a little pop up saying I received 10 points. However, my total did go up by 55 points, so it looks like they counted. That pop up is probably the same code as in the World Events when you collect from the farms, and they overwrite each other (pop up for collecting from hatching and nanoseconds later bonus award pop up).

Burrymillz
03-30-16, 06:56 AM
Do you get leaderboard points from the breeding roost also

DeeDe99
03-30-16, 06:58 AM
I just ended my first day on a tad over 500 with no effort at all. Arctic Isles helped.

roguebee
03-30-16, 06:59 AM
At least my group is reasonable. There is only 110 point difference between 1st and 10th place (390 vs 280). I'm in the middle of that pack.

Anaboe
03-30-16, 07:01 AM
I'm on the top of my group, while I don't even want to participate. Yes, I want the gold, so I do spin as often as I can. Furtermore, I have 3 den's which were all filled. But I stopped going on adventure, did only one.

Please TL/S8 I do not want to participate, please remove me from the boards.

The tought that me getting these point so easily, is making others struggle, is hurting me!

fhjigfrf
03-30-16, 07:01 AM
I'm enjoying this event so far. No battles involved. :)

I'm hoping to finish in the top 12 to get some food. I'm less than 200 behind the #1 on my leaderboard right now but I'll drop when others start spending gold.

Sandybellee
03-30-16, 07:07 AM
At least my group is reasonable. There is only 110 point difference between 1st and 10th place (390 vs 280). I'm in the middle of that pack.

I wish my group was like that. I'm in a group of speeders it seems...

insomniadreams88
03-30-16, 07:09 AM
I'm currently ranked 4 with 493 points. #1 in my group has 799 points. Not too bad, but I doubt I'll make it into the top 2 in my group. Also, I wish that the milestone bonuses were all points - I got balloons for the 400 point milestone. Balloons. Not sure if that's worse than the floor tiles/coins/food I've gotten on the wheel so far.

And I wish they'd change the 6-hour quest to give us more than 25 points. That doesn't seem fair when we get 10 for the 1-hour quest. Shouldn't have to lose out just because we choose to actually sleep for more than an hour at a time.

Kennedward
03-30-16, 07:09 AM
Now this is something new, but with limited playing time, I won't be getting those prizes unfortunately.

It also seems like a competition, where players are competing against each other for more points, and sadly only 1 player can get the #1 prize, which just doesn't seem fair to the rest.

I would prefer the old regular world event where everyone contributes to a final community prize and everyone gets it at the same time.

Werekatze
03-30-16, 07:14 AM
When I first saw the event, I had mixed feelings. I love the prize dragon and figured that I could try hard for it, get some new dragons along the way, and even if I came in last place I would get something from the dismal placing. No need to become depressed when I can't complete the event because I broke down and raised another dragon's level so I might possibly beat the 20th dragon in the 30 dragon tournament. My husband saw how excited I was for a new event, how freaked I was because I despise competing, and told me to go ahead and buy the fountain for a leg up. It's pretty, it might help me place in the top 10, and surely it will be useable on future events... []Wish I had come here and seen first it's only available for this event. 150 gold is nothing to be sneezed at. =(

So far I have not noticed any rollbacks, aside from the sticking the wheel does for me, but I am hating that I am ranked by my id when I usually protect it and wait for another player to offer up theirs. And I also realized from reading this thread that anyone visiting my island and seeing my pretty new fountain might immediately assume I am a bigtime gold spender. I am so far from that... Sure, I jump up and down when I can smile my way into a special gold purchase habitat. I have a lvl 10 gold dragon, 1 tournament dragon (that required a precious 30 gold to win), and 1 diamond dragon. I figure that's not too bad for being over level 100 and spending the occasional gold here and there. But what happens if I get amazing luck and come in at number 1 or 2 in this new event? I am currently top of my group at 500 pts. With two people below me jockeying for the placement. Are people going to hate me if they see a skylord on my island? What if they see the skylord AND the skylord fountain? Am I going to lose neighbors and miss out on new ones because people assume I broke the vault to win?

I have been struggling to breed the new limited dragons with two dens for months and not got a single one. I had to buy the daisy with my saved up gold left over from the "just had to have" St. Patrick's habitats. I saw someone posted an image screenshot in another thread that showed only 3 out of over 1k people managed to breed the henna dragon. What a punch in the gut. Now this event and the math people are revealing to indicate only gold spending can win you even the pre- skylord dragons... Well... I feel kind of devastated. I refuse to play pay-to-win games. That can't really be where DS is heading, right?

metsfreek
03-30-16, 07:23 AM
A 'group' pool in order to earn a dragon sounds like a very good idea if the goal is attainable for most groups. It encourages play without spending too much

mystctattoo
03-30-16, 07:38 AM

I had the same thing with the same dragon and also with Henna but I think that they are just showing us the bonus points. I didn't pay attention with Disco but after only getting the 10 with Henna I immediately looked at my total points because someone here said they got 91 and the points were there I just didn't get a pop up for it. I hope it's the same for you

ferdi76
03-30-16, 07:43 AM
I don't get the groups i am level 122 and a compeed with level 198 that's a lot off levels more ...

I did have the second treasure cest and that was a little dissapionting 5000 coins
I like the game to play if there are competitions...

chuckyt888
03-30-16, 07:52 AM
The right thing to do for all of the bugs this event is suffering from is to back out of the event.

I've played many different games that have had anniversary events. I've played many that have suffered bugged events like this. The one common denominator in all of the above is the company rewarded the player.

They should make it an anniversary worth celebrating and just reward everyone with the Skylord. Instead, there are numerous bugs, we've seen people reporting others in their group already up to 20,000+ within hours of the event starting (???!!?!!?) and its created animosity between players.

It won't be long before we see reports of people taunting others through wall posts with our islands exposed to everyone else in the group.

I'm somewhat baffled by the lack of response from S8/TL with all that's going on.

Hawk1
03-30-16, 07:59 AM
The right thing to do for all of the bugs this event is suffering from is to back out of the event.

I've play many different games that have had anniversary events. I've played many that have suffered bugged events like this. The one common denominator in all of the above is the company rewarded the player.

They should make it an anniversary worth celebrating and just reward everyone with the Skylord. Instead, there are numerous bugs, we've seen people reporting others in their group already up to 20,000+ within hours of the event starting (???!!?!!?) and its created animosity between players.

I'm somewhat baffled by the lack of response from S8/TL with all that's going on.

Nothing new that S8 isn't being proactive and letting their customers know they are having a big oops with this event.
The gold fairy stole 8 gold between when I went to sleep and woke up this morning, would love to know where it disappeared to :(

Sighhhhhh, figured out where my gold went and I'm still not happy...Artic Ilse hatch for gold or Warm, I would not have used gold on purpose...just another gold trap

nephthys82
03-30-16, 08:14 AM
P. S
I inadvertently bought a one hour boost for 6 gold (tapped the Info button, was distracted and not paying attention & proceeded to tap the Get button, was totally my own fault) and the one hour boost lasted for 21 minutes!!!
Just a heads up to anyone planning to get a boost.

That's interesting because I have two boosts available to me, a 1.5x boost which lasts for 1hr for 7 gold and a 2x boost which lasts 2hrs for 30 :eek:gold. Do different players have different boosts?

I haven't used one so far, I don't want to get sucked into the who can spend most gold trap. I bred a crusader dragon the day before this event started though, which will be going into the nest in a few hours, so I'm considering boosting that. I would like to get the galaxy dragon as I don't have it. I'll bear in mind that 1.5hrs may well mean far less - thanks for the tip off!

chuckyt888
03-30-16, 08:17 AM
Awesome!

Be thankful you aren't in a group where other players are up to 5 digit scores already.

I just ended my first day on a tad over 500 with no effort at all. Arctic Isles helped.

freshfunin2008
03-30-16, 08:20 AM
So I have not seen any mod or S8 staff address the fact that players are not getting their 1st milestone points they earned. Are we being ignored?????????????? I posted #121 and a little later when it happen on a 2nd account.

bakerystoe
03-30-16, 08:28 AM
Luckily, I catching up to the first because the 1st player is 285

stashlova
03-30-16, 08:33 AM
Its not forever just 6 days lol. I won't spend much gold, just a little speeding up here and there to make the others on my board sweat.:p

This is supposed to be fun and competitive - I appreciate the change of pace. Not too salty about the whole whoever spends the most gold will get the dragon argument because - well - the game has always been like that for the most coveted dragons. Check the market. If someone wants an ultra rare bad enough they will drop the gold for it. Same concept here.

I will win what i win and keep it moving on to the next event.

Hopefully they will take the feedback here an make the next one more efficient(glitches/*****ers etc).

Good luck to all!

mystctattoo
03-30-16, 08:44 AM

I've played many different games that have had anniversary events. I've played many that have suffered bugged events like this. The one common denominator in all of the above is the company rewarded the player.

It won't be long before we see reports of people taunting others through wall posts with our islands exposed to everyone else in the group.

I completely agree with you and am also wondering why they are keeping quiet. Maybe they are trying to run this game into the ground. With them who knows but I'm about done and that's a shame after all my hard work as yes money right down the drain. Oh well such as life

Sandybellee
03-30-16, 08:45 AM
I really really want Galaxy but there's no way unless the mystery boxes start dropping points. I hatched an egg and got the second box and it gave me 3000 apples just like the first box...

Grizzy91810
03-30-16, 09:03 AM
Its not forever just 6 days lol. I won't spend much gold, just a little speeding up here and there to make the others on my board sweat.:p

This is supposed to be fun and competitive - I appreciate the change of pace. Not too salty about the whole whoever spends the most gold will get the dragon argument because - well - the game has always been like that for the most coveted dragons. Check the market. If someone wants an ultra rare bad enough they will drop the gold for it. Same concept here.

Hopefully they will take the feedback here an make the next one more efficient(glitches/*****ers etc).

Good luck to all!

I had one issue in the beginning and it was fixed quite easily. When I first reached the 50 milestone the game crashed and I didn't get the prize. But as soon as I got more points I got the prize.

I have only spent 10 gold so far and it was because I didn't want to wait 10 hours for a habitat to finish, not even speeding dragons. Lol. At least in my group of 20 it doesn't seem like anyone has used gold to jump way ahead of the pack yet.

The most active of us have been switching from places 1-5 since last night. I'm not getting anxiety over it. It's actually fun (and health) to have a little friendly competition. I like seeing how many points the players have gotten.

I'm playing for fun and I will be happy with whatever I win. Also I am happy I have the time to increase my food because next Tales will be my first in mid level.

TwiWoods
03-30-16, 09:04 AM
What am I missing here? How is it even possible to have over 10,000 points in less than 24 hours? I understand speed breeding and speed questing but I don't see how even a 2x boost could get anyone there. Is this just an event to weed out the hackers of the game?

tromalyt
03-30-16, 09:05 AM

Not really. In other events, such as tournaments, you can ultimate the last most difficult rounds and get your dragon.

That does not happen here. In this event the two players who spend the highest amount of gold will get the last dragon, the other 18 will not.

For example, I have been paired with 3 players who own the whole set of gold producing dragons. I only have 4 of them, they have 11. I though about buying the fountain, but I didn't because I cannot compete with players who get 55 gold pieces a day from dragons. In my group, it is going to be a battle among these 3 players, and one of them is not going to make it, even if he/she spends gold.

Good luck to all!

That is the point. Not everybody are going to be lucky enough to get the last dragon. only 10 % of the players will, and, since I have been paired with 3 players who have the complete set of gold producing dragons, I am not going to be on the lucky 10 %,

Nice way of celebrating your 4th birthday, DS, by leaving the 90 % of the players out of the birthday party.

Hawk1
03-30-16, 09:23 AM
Milestone chests are a joke 1. 5000 coins....2. Balloons

MaribouMay
03-30-16, 09:24 AM

Nice way of celebrating your 4th birthday, DS, by leaving the 90 % of the players out of the birthday party.

This is what I don't understand. So many of their actions breed dissatisfaction and resentment in their customers. Seems like a pretty flawed business model. Don't they have some marketing majors on staff? I continually feel they are saved by having a beautiful game. :confused:

laurelsail
03-30-16, 09:25 AM
I waited 4 hours for the spin...won 3 gold...it showed up and then the next time I checked the game it was gone. This is ridiculous!!!!!

Niire
03-30-16, 09:28 AM
Hmm...so arctic isles counts toward the leaderboard? There are lots of droid player that don't have access to them...:(

Okay...after playing about for the past day, yeah, there are a ton of bugs. Fortunately, none have hit me yet (*knocks on wood*)...but alot of folks are having a bad time with this. There is alot of unbalance with this event (some level 120's getting put with 200's, those folks full on gold making dragons paired with people who just have a couple, and also what looks to be either hacking, or spending eleventy billion dollars to reach the top, lol...) Then, if you count the arctic isles, that also causes an imbalance. I'm not ranting, just what I have been picking up on...

Then there are the very long time players, that have nothing to play for but the skylord dragons, but don't want to be subjected to the competition. I feel horrible for this group, because it gets horribly boring when there's no excitement going on anymore, just frustration from tourneys gone wrong, then this. Personally, I don't have the last 2 dragons on the milestones page. But i know lots who do have them, and I feel terrible for them. *Hugs you all*

This game is a huge source of entertainment to me. out of the 8 S8 games I play, this is the only one I put rl money into...rl money that comes as gifts from my family, so I wouldn't do for this game if not for them (rl situation, which will be resolved hopefully next month, so no income for me personally). I'm on it far more than is healthy, I'm sure, lol. So, with this event as is, I plan on trying my hardest to get the galaxy dragon, and whatever else happens will happen. Speed breeding is a bad habit of mine, lol, I'd actually make money in game if I didn't do it so much. :P

I am hugely rambling, so I'll stop. I hate to see everyone angry though, and hope improvements are made accordingly. Thanks you all! <3

freshfunin2008
03-30-16, 09:47 AM
I don't mind playing the game / event but if it says you earned something it should be given and not taken away. It is important for us to have trust in the game. I can understand if this was a completely free game but it isn't. Many customers pay good money and they want things to work. When they don't work, TL and S8 should do all possible to fix it and make it right in a timely manner.

ievuxia
03-30-16, 09:57 AM
So are you, S8, gonna fix it for the players who don't even get the event icons? The quests for this event are showing up in my bf's account BUT not the two icons on the right side. What the hell is happening here, so many glitches with this event.. Please fix it.

chuckyt888
03-30-16, 10:07 AM
Yep. I'm stunned they haven't rolled back the event.

There are a lot of people who don't like competing for a dragon. I don't really mind the competition, but I don't think they should have a dragon as a reward. They should have the reward be something else ... a 4-dragon habitat, whatever...and if it has to be a dragon they should make it available through other means for people to obtain it.... and that should be communicated.

Guaranteed there will be people who quit the game after this if they went after the top prize and came away empty-handed. I would also suspect they are going to lose a lot of casual players who spend money but not at an outrageous rate if this is the future of events. Maybe it's necessary for them to go this route due to tricking income with the stage the game is at in its lifecycle. There may be more value for them in simply catering to the whales.

Slippery slope here if competition between players is the way this is headed.

I don't mind playing the game / event but if it says you earned something it should be given and not taken away. It is important for us to have trust in the game. I can understand if this was a completely free game but it isn't. Many customers pay good money and they want things to work. When they don't work, TL and S8 should do all possible to fix it and make it right in a timely manner.

chuckyt888
03-30-16, 10:09 AM
I'm sure you've downloaded the new version of the game, tried shutting down the app or rebooting the device. Sadly, you're probably going to be too far behind at this point to make much headway towards any of the goals even. Without spending gold, the goal dragons were going to be difficult to reach even with the full time allotment.

So are you, S8, gonna fix it for the players who don't even get the event icons? The quests for this event are showing up in my bf's account BUT not the two icons on the right side. What the hell is happening here, so many glitches with this event.. Please fix it.

Sandybellee
03-30-16, 10:16 AM
Got curious and checked out the levels in my group. They range from 123 to 191 and some have lots of gold giving dragons. I'm level 124. So it's not even true that we are in groups with players of similar levels.

Niire
03-30-16, 10:21 AM
There are a lot of people who don't like competing for a dragon. I don't really mind the competition, but I don't think they should have a dragon as a reward. They should have the reward be something else ... a 4-dragon habitat, whatever...and if it has to be a dragon they should make it available through other means for people to obtain it.... and that should be communicated.

Guaranteed there will be people who quit the game after this if they went after the top prize and came away empty-handed. I would also suspect they are going to lose a lot of casual players who spend money but not at an outrageous rate if this is the future of events. Maybe it's necessary for them to go this route due to tricking income with the stage the game is at in its lifecycle. There may be more value for them in simply catering to the whales.

Slippery slope here if competition between players is the way this is headed.

This is exactly how I feel about it too. They really shouldn't have this particular game competing for dragons against other players, not the way they're doing it. I love the habitat idea chucky. :) I hope, really hope, that they listen to the playerbase this time, because if it heads in this direction with all events, I know they'll end up losing more than is healthy at all for them to lose, me included...:( And I am addicted to this game. I don't WANT to go, lol.

sionidra
03-30-16, 10:22 AM
Got everything except the icons allowing me to actually play. This bites

sionidra
03-30-16, 10:24 AM
Today, 04:57 PM #298

same with me, sent an email, lets see if I hear back. Got everything except the icons, this really sucks.

jaymieb2
03-30-16, 10:41 AM
I tried to put some math to the event. Broad strokes assuming normal play with a minimal expenditure of gold...

Figure I have two nests and one den. I ought to be able to keep them busy a minimum of 20 hours a day. Should do better. That's 180 (maybe more) a day. Send my dragon on 6 hour adventure 3 times a day, maybe fit in an extra 1 hour quest at night. Call that 85. May try to send several 1 hour trips in evening rather than a single 6 hour. Could be another 10-20 per day. Assume over 6 days that half my dragons bred are commons which gives me an average 10 bonus points a day. Also assume I get 25 points from one lucky spin (so far I've collected over 40 today on each account & kept them).

With these assumptions, that puts me at 300 points a day, with a realistic upper limit of 350. By the end of the 6 day event, I will have between 1800 & 2100 points. I won't even reach the first dragon which I already have. There's something wrong with the goals if these assumptions hold up over the event. Maybe there are better bonus points for reaching the milestones as you progress. The spin the wheel is the kicker in the calculations. But still that probably only raises me to the 400 per day mark which means I barely qualify for Pinata.

Thank you for doing the math! :-) Yes, I have also wondered how we could reach the milestones with regular game play. Hoping something shows up along the way to help us get those milestone dragons! :-)

kooky panda
03-30-16, 10:47 AM
Guys wanted to step in and remind you to not post pictures of your leaderboard showing other players ID's. You can post a picture of your leaderboard, but please mark out the ID's.

This is to protect other players privacy.

Thanks!

TeasTeas
03-30-16, 10:49 AM
Ok; been playing for 5+ years here and had stopped DS due to being an Android player. I started back because finally it was fun. Love the stories even though it is still taking me a long time to catch up and dragons are not as leveled as they should be and due to that and a lapse in time i am behind.
I do have to say that i am not liking this Storyboard at all.
Although dragons i don't have are on the list of prizes; I'm finding it very hard to motivate on this at all.
I'm a senior player for sure and no way I'm going to be able to even get close.

I just spun the wheel and got three gold; came here looking at posts on this thread again; looked back on my game and gold is indeed GONE.
This version is laggy and slow, battles are not smoothe in movement and just won gold that like others was taken back.
Our storm ID's are visible; not a total big deal for me but i know is for some..
Competition is off the charts here. That good feeling here on DS just went south; who wants to even drop in on random dragons on others islands when competition is that high? Nada.
Things were going so good imo; but... .....

Burrymillz
03-30-16, 10:55 AM
What doesn't make much sense to me is people on Android can only get a max of 2 dens while iso users can have a max up to 3 but Android users are getting put in groups with iso users seems pretty unfair if you ask me

TeasTeas
03-30-16, 11:12 AM
What doesn't make much sense to me is people on Android can only get a max of 2 dens while iso users can have a max up to 3 but Android users are getting put in groups with iso users seems pretty unfair if you ask me

And then their's that...
I did start again because at least it was fun now and more opportunity but unless going at it ultra hard their's no way to begin to even catch up to those having all along.
I wasn't complaining because at least it was fun now but..

The winning gold off wheel and having it take it back most definetely prompted a ..wait a second now post.. grumblegrumble
::facepalm::

freshfunin2008
03-30-16, 11:17 AM
Good to see you back Kooky. Why is the issue with milestone points being given and then taken away not being address on the forum? Thanks

By S8 and TL of course. The customers have been complaining about this for almost 24 hours.

lenasdinner
03-30-16, 11:29 AM
from milestone I've got 3 golds and 2 baloons?????thank you so much,I don't need baloons but Happy Birthday Dragon story,I loooove the game ,but still don't like this event,really hope it wount ever happen again!!!

chuckyt888
03-30-16, 11:34 AM
Appreciate all you do kooky. It's a tough spot being in the middle.

A lot of players have been asking by about the ID's being shown. Posting pictures exposes ID's to another level on a public forum but is there a reason ID's had to be shown in game like that on the leaderboards? It's really along the same lines as posting on the forum.

What about the unfortunate players who have people on their leaderboards managing to take in 5-digit scores within hours of the event kicking off? Are those players being investigated? There is no point in those players who are already down multiple thousands of points making any effort to win at this point.

Guys wanted to step in and remind you to not post pictures of your leaderboard showing other players ID's. You can post a picture of your leaderboard, but please mark out the ID's.

Thanks!

Anaboe
03-30-16, 11:39 AM

Thanks!

With all due respect, as long as everyone is posting under their Storm8 ID, this is a bit like a Windows Firewall... If it's a privacy issue, S8 should make the leaderboards show only island names, not S8-ID's. This is like the gouvernement leaking personal information and then stating it's illegal to use that infomation.

This is bad on so many levels...

Lessa25
03-30-16, 12:02 PM

Thanks!

Kooky, this is information now publicly available in game (these are game screenshots), there is no privacy left to protect. If this information should not be posted on the forum then it should not be posted in the game.

S8 have decided that S8 IDs can be shared and they are not personal information. They may have used to be considered private, but the rule you are trying to enforce clearly no longer applies.

On top of that, telling players that they cannot share the leaderboards only makes it look like they are trying to hide something. They are encouraging people to spend real money on this tournament, that means it has to be transparent.

athena238
03-30-16, 12:07 PM
I just won 3 gold on my spin and it registered then I looked again and the 3 gold was gone

TeasTeas
03-30-16, 12:11 PM
I just won 3 gold on my spin and it registered then I looked again and the 3 gold was gone

yup.. indeed.. same here.

9krm
03-30-16, 12:12 PM
How can S8 tell us not to share screenshots, but they've given my ID to a bunch of randoms on my leaderboard? If any of them post insulting or harassing messages on my wall, I will be angry.

I also wanted to express my support for those of you outling the pretty substantial issues with this game. This isn't about resistance to change; it is about fairness and respect for customers. If something new is fair and properly rolled out, then it would be embraced! This? Not so much.

blueangel826
03-30-16, 12:13 PM
As an Android phone player, this is just another kick in the "rear" for all of us! There are so many differences & advantages that iOS players have over Androids that it's ridiculous. If I'd known when I started playing 9 months ago on my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone that it was so biased, I would never have gotten into it. I was bored & began playing S8/TL games after being forced to retire on disability from a very physically active career in health care to a sedentary lifestyle. I'm on a fixed income & don't have an iPhone or iPad. I don't think that S8/TL care about the disadvantages playing iOS & Android players against each other. This is a business & their goal is increasing income & being successful!!! For players/customers, we see the difference. I was always told that life's not fair.This is another example of it & nobody cares ♡

nicsdragonisle
03-30-16, 12:14 PM

I have about 500 on my one game also, bit less on the other. 1 den 2 nests on both. That rate won't get me the last 2 milestone dragons though and I've kept everything going.

Winning is BEYOND ridiculous-- First place holders have 34,000 on one and 6,000 on the other.
My levels are 104 & 107.

The 34,000 player has 8 baby diamonds (and 1 epic). Hard to believe they bred all those babies at level 84.
I'm usually in favor of playing what you want and ignoring the things you don't. Free stuff is free stuf! I just can't get past a Leaderboard event where you can buy first place. I know you can buy your way through tournaments and Tales, but most have a shot without it. There is simply NO WAY I can compete in either of my games. Pity.

TwiWoods
03-30-16, 12:22 PM
If storm8 ID's are private then they should not be on display for 19 random people that I did not approve to my island! My storm8 ID is displayed here because I do not chose to, it is required. I post under my baby account for that reason!

Storm8 cannot preach to me about privacy and breach it when it pleases.

hiabarara
03-30-16, 12:23 PM
I just found this this thread and I'm so completely disappointed because apparently it only works with the standard version? That version doesn't work for me at all (crashes when the loading screen is only there for a few seconds). I can only play the Halloween version. So I simply can't join this event? It sucks so much. I'm just utterly disappointed right now. I'm honestly losing more and more interest in this game already. Now I can't even play this event because on three of my devices it doesn't work? :mad: I don't even know what else to say. I'm just so frustrated.

As a side note - I only read the first few pages, but from what I understand it's basically a competitive event and the one who can spend the most gold wins? Because you can skip hatching and breeding and basically everything in this game when you have enough gold. Oh, and apparently you also need gold for boosts? Well, that sounds pretty lousy...

snowyhillz
03-30-16, 12:26 PM

I am an IOS user and can only have 2 breeding dens ..... Who can have 3 dens???

melanienurse
03-30-16, 12:27 PM
In my ranking list I can see people listed by their Storm8 ID rather than their screen/game name. I thought the storm8 ID was supposed to be private, not public and the point of having a different storm8 I'd to your screen/game name was so you had the choice to give it to those that you trust???

ladymakay
03-30-16, 12:36 PM
Kooky, this is information now publicly available in game (these are game screenshots), there is no privacy left to protect. If this information should not be posted on the forum then it should not be posted in the game.

S8 have decided that S8 IDs can be shared and they are not personal information. They may have used to be considered private, but the rule you are trying to enforce clearly no longer applies.

On top of that, telling players that they cannot share the leaderboards only makes it look like they are trying to hide something. They are encouraging people to spend real money on this tournament, that means it has to be transparent.
You can post screen shots of your leaderboard, just black out users ids. S8 violated their own policy by using IDs and not the players in game names. I suspect it's because there are duplicate names throughout the game therefore using the S8 ID was the only way to correctly Identify players, I don't agree with it and I'm sure with a little brainstorming they could have come up with a better way to do this. Remember KOOKY is the messenger, she's passing along information from TL,S8 and is one of the most helpful mods .

random59
03-30-16, 12:50 PM
Like many others what is up with the hatching, just taken White Cloud off the nest and get 10 then take a Fuzzy off the nest on another game and get 24, the common gets more points?
I also notice the powers that be are strangely silent!

newzealander
03-30-16, 12:52 PM

Thanks!

Hmmmmm...I am a lawyer, and while I recognise that there are different Protection of Information laws in different countries, I have never seen a law that allows the organisation holding the information to make it public (in this case S8 making this public to players on a public game), and then prohibits the public recipients sharing it. As I say, im not suggesting that I know all the applicable laws; it just surprises me, and is something new to me.

Xyn25
03-30-16, 12:52 PM
I just have a quick question... what exactly do the gold, silver and bronze trophies do? Lower positions get food instead, so does it produce food? Or maybe gold? I'm just curious

snowyhillz
03-30-16, 01:00 PM
Like many others what is up with the hatching, just taken White Cloud off the nest and get 10 then take a Fuzzy off the nest on another game and get 24, the common gets more points?
I also notice the powers that be are strangely silent!

The points for the hatching and bonus are given in separate notifications, and for rare, super and ultra it seems as if you only see the bonus points ..... Next time you hatch a rare/super/ultra check your balance before and after and you should see that you have the points for both

MaribouMay
03-30-16, 01:11 PM
I just have a quick question... what exactly do the gold, silver and bronze trophies do? Lower positions get food instead, so does it produce food? Or maybe gold? I'm just curious

Highly unlikely they are anything other than decorative.

tromalyt
03-30-16, 01:21 PM
Hmmmmm...I am a lawyer, and while I recognise that there are different Protection of Information laws in different countries, I have never seen a law that allows the organisation holding the information to make it public (in this case S8 making this public to players on a public game), and then prohibits the public recipients sharing it. As I say, im not suggesting that I know all the applicable laws; it just surprises me, and is something new to me.

Well, I am not a lawyer, but I don't think that Kooky Panda is prohibiting anything. I believe that somebody upstairs has realized they have committed a mistake and they told Kooky to post that message, or Kooky herself posted that message after reading some posters' complaints.

I have been a forum mod and I know how unpleasant situations like this one could be. I can only express my gratitude to her.

(Just to be clear, I am not implying that you are mistreating her)

duh1234wq
03-30-16, 01:23 PM
My main gripe is the wheel. My cohort is playing straight, leader is currently at 537. I just spun 63 points on the wheel. That's almost a days worth of breeding/hatching. SO, given halfway intelligent planning the actual competition is about (A) who pays most, followed by (B) who gets luckiest on the wheel.

Having said all that: I'm still fine with 30 free spins at 3 gold or food, just not interested in a competition even more rigged than than the olympics.

freshfunin2008
03-30-16, 01:41 PM

Usually they do nothing. They mean nothing. They just take up space.

freshfunin2008
03-30-16, 01:45 PM
I can't say I am surprised that TL / S8 did not fix the glitches and they did not credit the points that were earned. They are just going to sweep that under the carpet and act like nothing happen at all. It is hard to chase your leader when you are not getting your points you earned. nuff said.

random59
03-30-16, 01:49 PM
The points for the hatching and bonus are given in separate notifications, and for rare, super and ultra it seems as if you only see the bonus points ..... Next time you hatch a rare/super/ultra check your balance before and after and you should see that you have the points for both

Have been doing that, along with where my gold total is before a spin the wheel! On my hatchlings I only get 1 pop up and have just taken Shamrock off and didn't get 2 pop ups for that one either!

Mercyfalls78
03-30-16, 01:51 PM
I"m on a leaderboard where one of the players has 4 nests and 2 breeding dens, I have 1 nest and 1 breeding den...oh well...just saying...

kooky panda
03-30-16, 01:56 PM

Removing or editing posts where someone has posted another members ID without their permission is a forum procedure.

In the past when someone has posted an ID and made negative comments about another players game, it has led to that player getting inappropriate messages on their wall and also tons of unwelcomed invites in their game.

As I stated, you can post a copy of your leaderboard but please mark out any IDs. You can still show the numbers you want without exposing other players to any type of harassment.

freshfunin2008
03-30-16, 01:57 PM
I"m on a leaderboard where one of the players has 4 nests and 2 breeding dens, I have 1 nest and 1 breeding den...oh well...just saying...

I feel for you. However, how are people getting over 5k or 10k so quickly????? Is it all speed everything up or something else????

TeasTeas
03-30-16, 01:59 PM
Arctic isle allows extra breeding den not available to android. No way to be able to compete with that.

kooky panda
03-30-16, 02:02 PM
Good to see you back Kooky. Why is the issue with milestone points being given and then taken away not being address on the forum? Thanks

By S8 and TL of course. The customers have been complaining about this for almost 24 hours.
Sorry guys, I have not received any updates on the issues that have been reported. Someone will post when information is provided.
I would suggest that anyone that has issues, please go ahead and send an email to support@storm8.com.

chuckyt888
03-30-16, 02:03 PM
It will probably be a lesson learned for S8/TL but I'm willing to bet complaints are going to come in about harassment regardless of the IDs posted on the forum. It will be between players on the same leaderboard. This type of head to head competition always results in that. I think a lot of the charm of this game for some people was that it wasn't a competition.

Removing or editing posts where someone has posted another members ID without their permission is a forum procedure.

In the past when someone has posted an ID and made negative comments about another players game, it has led to that player getting inappropriate messages on their wall and also tons of unwelcomed invites in their game.

As I stated, you can post a copy of your leaderboard but please mark out any IDs. You can still show the numbers you want without exposing other players to any type of harassment.

Mercyfalls78
03-30-16, 02:06 PM
Haha, yeah, how players have such seemingly insane high scores so quickly, must be willing to spend a lot of real money for all the speed ups, buying dragons to put on the nest,etc.. but of course, to each their own. I'm just focusing on competing against myself to see how many milestones i can reach without spending any money or depleting my limited pile of gold.

I"m in So Cal too! :cool:

newzealander
03-30-16, 02:10 PM

Thanks for clarifying, Kooky. And FYI, I never intended to shoot the messenger so my apologies if it came across that way.

random59
03-30-16, 02:13 PM

LOL! I am getting smashed by a player 50 levels below me with 1den, 1 nest, no diamond or gold producing dragons!
I have 2 active breeding dens and 3 nests but only using 2 nests.

kooky panda
03-30-16, 02:16 PM
Thanks for clarifying, Kooky. And FYI, I never intended to shoot the messenger so my apologies if it came across that way.
No worries! I did not take that way at all. I do understand everyone's frustration with the this new type of event. Hopefully there will be more information I can share soon!

BTW my last post bragging that I was in the lead yesterday on my board.... well the sleepers woke up and now I have been bumped from the top!! LOL..
Last look, I was 11th but my water dragons should be ready to hatch soon and then I am off to try and claim my place back! Watch out!

Lessa25
03-30-16, 02:17 PM
You can post screen shots of your leaderboard, just black out users ids. S8 violated their own policy by using IDs and not the players in game names. I suspect it's because there are duplicate names throughout the game therefore using the S8 ID was the only way to correctly Identify players, I don't agree with it and I'm sure with a little brainstorming they could have come up with a better way to do this. Remember KOOKY is the messenger, she's passing along information from TL,S8 and is one of the most helpful mods .

Nothing at all against Kooky, I am well aware of how helpful she is. However in this situation she is speaking on behalf of S8, and S8 have to make up their minds. Either S8 IDs are private or they aren't. If they are saying we can't post these screen shots on the forum, they are admitting that they should not be showing us this information in game.

There is no privacy issue with posting these screenshots. Which begs the question, what are S8 trying to hide by not letting people post them?

(And not everyone has the knowledge or tools to edit the screenshot they took. And even if they do, it takes a fair bit of extra time, which they should not be required to spend when what they are posting is publicly available).

Mercyfalls78
03-30-16, 02:23 PM
LOL! I am getting smashed by a player 50 levels below me with 1den, 1 nest, no diamond or gold producing dragons!
I have 2 active breeding dens and 3 nests but only using 2 nests.

Lol, guess that give me some hope :)

moonchild1987
03-30-16, 02:27 PM
I, too, have lost my 3 golds from the wheel...although I haven't had any problems with leaderboard points, milestone prizes, or other glitches(hope I didn't just jinx myself.) My leaderboard opponents seem to be playing without the use of gold. There are a few ahead of me and a few behind me that seem to be contending so this might actually turn out to be a fun and fair competition. I am really only fighting for Pi?ata as I have been trying to breed it for a month now with no luck. I was even starting to think it had been moved to the unbreedable list. I wouldn't mind winning a little food either. To everyone and especially my leaderboard opponents... Good luck.

Oh, as for my storm8 ID being out their...I could use more neighbors. Just send an invite! :)

jaymieb2
03-30-16, 02:28 PM
... I saw someone posted an image screenshot in another thread that showed only 3 out of over 1k people managed to breed the henna dragon. What a punch in the gut. ...

I don't believe those numbers are accurate. My daughter and I have both bred the Henna Dragon. We did not spend gold to speed or buy it.

Lessa25
03-30-16, 02:29 PM

Hi Kooky, I understand this is not your fault, and you are just conveying the message from S8, but they need to put out an official response on this that actually addresses the concerns being raised.

Because you have just said that posting IDs, as S8 have done, exposes players to harassment. Every argument you make also applies to S8 publicising out IDs. You are admitting that what S8 have done has opened player's up to being bullied and harassed.

None of what you have said can be a genuine concern, as our IDs have already been made public without our permission. It has already happened. Banning screenshots of the leaderboards from the forum is closing the barn door after the horse has bolted, and only looks like they are trying to hide something about this event.

For event like this the leaderboards have to be public (in their unedited state), so if if IDs are supposed to be private, they cannot be on there.

snowyhillz
03-30-16, 02:37 PM
Hi Kooky, I understand this is not your fault, and you are just conveying the message from S8, but they need to put out an official response on this that actually addresses the concerns being raised.

Because you have just said that posting IDs, as S8 have done, exposes players to harassment. Every argument you make also applies to S8 publicising out IDs. You are admitting that what S8 have done has opened player's up to being bullied and harassed.

None of what you have said can be a genuine concern, as our IDs have already been made public without our permission. It has already happened. Banning screenshots of the leaderboards from the forum is closing the barn door after the horse has bolted, and only looks like they are trying to hide something about this event.

For event like this the leaderboards have to be public (in their unedited state), so if if IDs are supposed to be private, they cannot be on there.

It all depends if the privacy policy for removing the IDS is just for the forum because of how heated things can get on the forum and not actually a legal requirement ......... On the leaderboards your ID is only open to 19 other people whereas on the forum it is open to all, it's only a game ID anyway

[S8] Elsa
03-30-16, 02:38 PM

The forum rules have always been that players aren't permitted to post other player's account name without their permission. We understand that this conflicts with the information with the in-game feature and we have shared everyone's concerns regarding Storm8 IDs and privacy with our development team. We ask that players continue to go by forum guidelines and refrain from posting account names. For further comments or concerns regarding forum policies, please post in Forum Disputes.

kooky panda
03-30-16, 02:43 PM
Update information:

1.Members Losing Milestone Rewards :

There was an issue where players who received a certain mystery box reward would encounter this issue. The root cause of the issue has been resolved.

2. Cannot see the Event and/or certain Icons:

There is a small number of players who have an issue where they can't see the event and the icons. The engineering team is investigating this.

3. Storm ID used on leaderboard

Players feedback here has been shared with the development team. No information yet if this will be changed for this specific event but Storm 8 did see your feedback and they do understand
your concerns.

Niire
03-30-16, 02:44 PM
Update information:

There was an issue where players who received a certain mystery box reward would encounter this issue. The root cause of the issue has been resolved.

There is a small number of players who have an issue where they can't see the event and the icons. The engineering team is investigating this.

Players feedback here has been shared with the development team. No information yet if this will be changed for this specific event but Storm 8 did see your feedback and they do understand
your concerns.

Thank you Kooky, for all your info and hard work. This CAN'T be an easy time for you... :( *Hugs*

kooky panda
03-30-16, 02:55 PM
Thank you Kooky, for all your info and hard work. This CAN'T be an easy time for you... :( *Hugs*
Thanks! Hugs back to you!

I am just kicking back and not letting myself get too competitive ! I know I will not be the #1 winner so I am just playing my normal game and using this time to focus on collecting food!
It is fun when I do go hatch , quest and spin the wheel and jump up the board a little!

freshfunin2008
03-30-16, 02:56 PM
Update information:

your concerns.

Thanks Kooky a simple update goes a long way. In regards to members losing their milestone reward points in my case I still have not received them. How do I get those back? It must be on the server(s) somewhere. Perhaps they went to the arctic isles.

[S8] Elsa
03-30-16, 03:01 PM
Thanks Kooky a simple update goes a long way. In regards to members losing their milestone reward points in my case I still have not received them. How do I get those back? It must be on the server(s) somewhere. Perhaps they went to the arctic isles.

I can confirm they aren't in the Arctic Isles. I'll get more information and provide an update as soon as I can. :)

shawa13
03-30-16, 03:02 PM
How do some players on the Leaderboards have their own avatar picture? I want that. I'm sick of the dippy blonde.

chuckyt888
03-30-16, 03:11 PM
Potd.

Or the grown up Diego from Dora the Explorer. That's relayed from my youngest daughter.

How do some players on the Leaderboards have their own avatar picture? I want that. I'm sick of the dippy blonde.

[S8] Elsa
03-30-16, 03:12 PM

If you're Facebook Connected in the game, it will use your Facebook image. If you're not connected, it'll show the default in-game avatar.

OzFamily
03-30-16, 03:34 PM
Update information:

For now, I'm pretending our islands are just way too awesome to be compared to others. ;)

Thanks for the update!

Niire
03-30-16, 03:34 PM
Hey, speaking of that...for some reason, it won't connect me to facebook...is there a way for me to do that on android? Thinking that might be the issue...

luckyaa7
03-30-16, 03:35 PM
I gave up. I have half of what the leader has. Whatever I do, they do. So i won't be able to catch up. Besides, without any good point from wheel or boost, i don't think i can even get milesone prize dragons. so i will just do what I do, breed and plant. I Want galaxy dragon. I only have 468 and not sure how I am going to manage to get 3500 more in 4 days!!!

TwiWoods
03-30-16, 03:55 PM

My ID is posted on 19 other islands without my permission. How can I get that removed?

Anaboe
03-30-16, 03:58 PM
I think the trick is to use boosts at all times, perhaps even use a double boost, so use the 1,5 and 2 boost simultaiously. Buying or breeding Mercuries (short time) or Crusaders and Quetzals, etc.

Anaboe
03-30-16, 04:01 PM
My ID is posted on 19 other islands without my permission. How can I get that removed?

We players don't have permission to give the ID's away, that doesn't mean S8 has the same limitations: they can give themselves permission.

But to be honest, I already asked TL/S8 to remove me from the leaderboards but they refused. http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90328-Removed-from-leaderboards

freshfunin2008
03-30-16, 04:09 PM
Elsa;1271569']I can confirm they aren't in the Arctic Isles. I'll get more information and provide an update as soon as I can. :)

I will open a ticket with support but they are not real helpful usually.

naninak
03-30-16, 04:18 PM
I have 10 points so far from the 1hr quest. I did a spin-to win a d received 2,500 apples. I can't remember the last time I got something that good. So I decided I'll just enjoy the 4 hour spins and some random rewards since I won't win. Unfortunately after coming back to the game, my 2,500 apples were all gone. So the spin does not work. That makes this no fun.

metsfreek
03-30-16, 04:21 PM
I think the trick is to use boosts at all times, perhaps even use a double boost, so use the 1,5 and 2 boost simultaiously. Buying or breeding Mercuries (short time) or Crusaders and Quetzals, etc.
That is probably the most prudent action towards the end. At the beginning though I believe it is better to not antagonize a gold spending war so early. Efficient for all parties

metsfreek
03-30-16, 04:22 PM
Elsa;1271574']If you're Facebook Connected in the game, it will use your Facebook image. If you're not connected, it'll show the default in-game avatar.
Are ties utilized in this event?

snowyhillz
03-30-16, 04:25 PM

The issue isn't that someone else can see your ID it is that you can't post someone's ID on this forum without their permission ----- the game and the forum are separate entities

roguebee
03-30-16, 04:42 PM
I tried to put some math to the event. Broad strokes assuming normal play with a minimal expenditure of gold...

Figure I have two nests and one den. I ought to be able to keep them busy a minimum of 20 hours a day. Should do better. That's 180 (maybe more) a day. Send my dragon on 6 hour adventure 3 times a day, maybe fit in an extra 1 hour quest at night. Call that 85. May try to send several 1 hour trips in evening rather than a single 6 hour. Could be another 10-20 per day. Assume over 6 days that half my dragons bred are commons which gives me an average 10 bonus points a day. Also assume I get 25 points from one lucky spin (so far I've collected over 40 today on each account & kept them).

With these assumptions, that puts me at 300 points a day, with a realistic upper limit of 350. By the end of the 6 day event, I will have between 1800 & 2100 points. I won't even reach the first dragon which I already have. There's something wrong with the goals if these assumptions hold up over the event. Maybe there are better bonus points for reaching the milestones as you progress. The spin the wheel is the kicker in the calculations. But still that probably only raises me to the 400 per day mark which means I barely qualify for Pinata.

I thought I would update this based on the first Day's activities.

The wheel assumption was unduly pessimistic. I figure I can do 4 spins a day. So far between 2 accounts, I've had 10 spins and 7 times I've collected points (and gold once). I think I can change that estimate to 50 per day as I get between 14 & 75 per collection, most hanging around 25.

For the rare/super bonus, I was assuming 1 egg per day. In reality, probably 1 1/2 -2. So I'll increase that to 20 points per day.

Milestone awards weren't counted. It will stay that way. One account received 25 pts, then food. The other received balloons, then 51 pts. Hopefully Milestones 3 & 4 will be more worth while.

I think now a range of 350 - 425 points per day is more realistic. So for someone playing like I do, that makes Pinata achievable. Although Tanuki will be a real stretch. That will probably require several strategic expenditures of gold here and there.

We'll see how Day 2 plays out.

Keep in mind as you look at your first day's totals that you received the benefit of whatever you had on your den and nests when the event started. I had a Sunrise fail almost ready to hatch. That gave me a quick jump start. Because of that, Day 1 ended up much better than anticipated. I doubt I'll come close to winning my leaderboard. I'm just trying to see if I can get the milestone Dragons.

mimbiville2
03-30-16, 04:43 PM
Thank you for all of your hard work Kooky! We really appreciate your help.

I wanted to share some things that have helped me in the event.
If you have the Artic expansion, the 4 hour breeding synergizes well with the spin timer.

If you have a vacant nest, buy a dragon egg for it to earn extra points instead of just letting it sit there empty.
Air=2 hours, 2500 coins
Olympus=7 hours, 300,000 coins
Light=9 hours, 150,000 coins
Water=12 hours, 10,000 coins

Fire and Forest are less than one minute, so I'm not sure if you can earn any points with them.

MaribouMay
03-30-16, 04:47 PM
On the issue of getting just 10 points for hatching rare dragons, I think I have it figured out. I believe the rare bonus of 10 points is shown separately and since it is the last flag to pop up, it is the only one we see. It has happened to me a couple of times, but when I count up the points I should be getting and add it to my previous score, the numbers add up correctly. I am tracking all the points I receive with a running tally. The only issue has been with the first chest which rolled back or was never added to my total.

mimbiville2
03-30-16, 04:58 PM

I have not tried boosting yet, but the boost tab says you can only use one boost at a time.

laurelsail
03-30-16, 05:08 PM
yup.. indeed.. same here.
Definitely NO interest in playing/promoting this event! Good luck to all of you who want to participate!

Hawk1
03-30-16, 05:21 PM
For me this event isn't worth using gold to boost, have Pinata and it's doubtful I'll have enough points for the second dragon. If I get gold or food and I get to keep it I guess I'll be fine with that since for me this event is a fail.

I was not happy with leaderboard and competing for a dragon, but it just does not matter, going to breed, plant food and try to get enough intricate eggs for a third dragon and pffffft to S8.

Have fun

chewingthecud
03-30-16, 05:22 PM
Hello All. I just thought I would also make a quick comment - I am a long term, high level player. Yes I am leading in my group but that is because I want the Pinata dragon, not because I am competing. I play pretty regularly but only have 700 points so far. I think those that are paying gold etc are going for the final prize - you need about 600 a day to get it. I naturally have decided to let that one go! I suppose this new game gives a bit for everyone. It gives options for the casual players - gifts for lower levels on the leaderboard, and the option for a dragon for the moderate players like me. It also gives the option for the highest players. It is up to us which we choose to take so I really have no issue with the update in this respect. Naturally I do have an issue with the privacy issues but I suspect S8 have realised that they have mucked up. I also don't like the competitive element which may sway some players to pay more real money to win - this is a shame on an ethical level but I suspect a very calculated move on behalf of S8 re cash flow. On a positive note, it has actually gotten me to visit some new community members so that's nice. Cheers everyone and just play as per usual - it is a game and you don't have to do anything unless you choose to.;)

TeasTeas
03-30-16, 05:45 PM
So far my leaderboard is slow on the move upward in pairing us together; but their is the aspect of more competative boards where others really are and going to hash it out..
We can indeed click onto their storm ID provided; that means our walls are accessable for posts with our competitors. Not so great if someone has verbage and leaving other accounts in games exposed. I think many of both newer and older players have either seen or experienced difficulties of this realm.. and certainly try to avoid it but it does already happen.
Same reason of course that in areas of possible contention storm8 ID's not posted in forum. Same type of issue.

Im feeling the feels..
Am definitely curious as to how this works out.
Good luck to all those spending gold and playing hard on this event.

DisposableHarlequin
03-30-16, 06:11 PM
I saw one other person on an earlier page posted that their "one hour" boost was cut short - mine was as well. It lasted 30 minutes for me, so my suggestion if you decide to utilize a boost is to use it just before you mass collect things (so save it for when you wake up in the morning, especially if you can time the nests and breeding dens to be done by then).
I wanted to test it out so I paid for the boost just before my 1 hour quest, wheel spin, fountain, and arctic isles breeding was up. 15 points for the quest and 30 for fountain so the boost definitely worked for collecting those. It also worked for the arctic isles, including boosting the reward for hatching a rare dragon (15 vs 10). I didn't pay close attention but I'm not quite sure the boost was applied to the points I won off the wheel spin.

retseho
03-30-16, 06:44 PM
I have 10 points so far from the 1hr quest. I did a spin-to win a d received 2,500 apples. I can't remember the last time I got something that good. So I decided I'll just enjoy the 4 hour spins and some random rewards since I won't win. Unfortunately after coming back to the game, my 2,500 apples were all gone. So the spin does not work. That makes this no fun.

Same problem here, 2500 apples not credited in spin to win. Probably same bug as the chest prize(Points) & 3golds not being credited. Tough luck for us who are affected.
So far my group are rational, leader=716 after 33 hours so nice to compete & swap places on this chase the leader event. Feel bad for those whose leaders are loaded with Gold or are probably using a hack.Clearly the Skylord dragon is not worth the gold to get
27,000 points in 5 hours. Hope s8 will check if the game/event has been hacked.

sionidra
03-30-16, 07:11 PM
This is so weird, My main account I can't play, won't show the game. My other account which I really don't do much with (just trying to get all red/green dragons, might be level 16, no one else seems to be playing either. I have 287 pts and am 4 pts out of the lead. All I want on this account is breedable dragons, anything I might get by accident is just sitting in storage.

BiteMe111
03-30-16, 07:15 PM
The leader in my group (on my main account) is beyond reach (not as crazy as some of the other posters' groups, but too high for me), but second spot might be possible. I want Skylord but even more so, I want Galaxy (don't have Pinata or Tanuki, either, but don't really care for those). I have a space-themed part of my island that *needs* Galaxy! I've already used some gold to speed breeding a little bit, a couple hours here, a couple hours there. Will probably use more if/when I have some good dragon on the den and can time it with a boost and with collecting from the quest.

My other two accounts got fairly easy groups and I'm leading both without any gold spent.

I don't like the fact we compete against each other, though competing against strangers is a bit easier than if they were neighbors. At the end of the event, I'm actually planning to visit the walls of the top players in my group and thank them for playing along.

I also don't like the gold, silver and bronze trophies that first 3 spots get - no way will I display that on my isle.

The kissing dragons statue is OK and the icon for the wheel is super cute.

nicsdragonisle
03-30-16, 07:29 PM
The leader in my group (on my main account) is beyond reach (not as crazy as some of the other posters' groups, but too high for me), but second spot might be possible. I want Skylord but even more so, I want Galaxy (don't have Pinata or Tanuki, either, but don't really care for those). I have a space-themed part of my island that *needs* Galaxy! I've already used some gold to speed breeding a little bit, a couple hours here, a couple hours there. Will probably use more if/when I have some good dragon on the den and can time it with a boost and with collecting from the quest.

My other two accounts got fairly easy groups and I'm leading both without any gold spent.

I don't like the fact we compete against each other, though competing against strangers is a bit easier than if they were neighbors. At the end of the event, I'm actually planning to visit the walls of the top players in my group and thank them for playing along.

I also don't like the gold, silver and bronze trophies that first 3 spots get - no way will I display that on my isle.

The kissing dragons statue is OK and the icon for the wheel is super cute.

Am genuinely happy this is working out for you and some others!! Hoping you get your Galaxy! I'd happily give you my points (I'm the one w/the 34,000 & 6,000 leaders) as they won't be much use to me. GOOD LUCK!

crazy4diamond
03-30-16, 07:42 PM
My friend rewarded 2500 apples twice on the wheel but they were gone after a while... this is sad :(

Personally, I am just after the dragons on the milestones but it seems to be impossible to reach Tanuki dragon (3K required) in 6 days even though I stay up to collect points....

DeeDe99
03-30-16, 07:48 PM
As far as I am aware I haven't been bothered by any of the bugs described on these pages. Then again, I haven't won any gold to lose yet. I did win food and it stayed.

My group seems pretty OK, as in no players with 27,000 points (S8 REALLY need to look into that). I'm second at the moment on 1,036 and the leader is 130 ahead of me. But with the time zones, we aren't all playing at the same time, so anything is possible (as Kooky noted).

I calculated that I should be able to collect 640 points a day without spending gold and not counting any bonus points for Super Rare, Ultra Rare etc. or any points from the spin. That's with three nests, one den and the Arctic Isles. I did buy the Skylord Fountain as a one-off. I'm not doing anything I don't normally do (other than having bought the Fountain) plus the quest - I mean I haven't changed my breeding patterns or anything. I don't speed breed, although I have been known to knock 1 hour off an incubation to free a nest, or speed the last hour of a breeding so I can put another pair on the den before bed - that sort of thing.

One of the spins gave me 59 points, another gave me 30-something.

As for the groups, I don't think the "similarity" is based on level, or at least not level alone. After all, level doesn't really indicate a great deal. Some players take years to reach 180, others reach it in under 12 months. A player can level up just by visiting neighbours (would take a while, but could be done). All the players I looked at in my group had more than one nest, at least a couple of gold producers, one had the roost. The levels ranged from 120 to 186 (a level 175 is on the bottom, the 120 is in the middle). So I am guessing if the groups are not random (and S8 have said they are not) then I think the criteria is unknown to us mere mortals.

Back to the Arena - I need 2 more intricate eggs for my second.

BiteMe111
03-30-16, 08:05 PM
Am genuinely happy this is working out for you and some others!! Hoping you get your Galaxy! I'd happily give you my points (I'm the one w/the 34,000 & 6,000 leaders) as they won't be much use to me. GOOD LUCK!

Thank you and I'm sorry that you got a crappy group. :(

luckyaa7
03-30-16, 08:19 PM
I just got some points for milestone 3. Game crashed and when I went back point is gone. The milestone 3 reward was changed fo 3 balloons.. So annoying!!!

roguebee
03-30-16, 08:26 PM
Balloons for Milestone 3? They aren't making it easy on us...

Dragosle
03-30-16, 08:34 PM
Well, since this is the first-run for the new event, flaws are typically unavoidable.

But they really should make some changes base on players feedback if they want to make this a (somewhat) regular event in the future. Because as of now, it's NOT okay, especially by making players to play AGAINST each other. That just like go and ruin one of the biggest the value of this game :(

metsfreek
03-30-16, 08:57 PM
Won 3 gold on the wheel. Saw the increase. 5 seconds later the gold is gone and the spin is lost

seisurreal
03-30-16, 08:58 PM
Dear All ★

how do I pick up to speed in this new event? I feel I am like a tortoise, my points are minuscule compared to my group! What else have I missed out? How do I get ahead like what some say -- a thousand points in a few hours? lol ;)

Quick pointers please, without burning up too much gold! Ty!

MaribouMay
03-30-16, 09:15 PM
Balloons for Milestone 3? They aren't making it easy on us...

That's what I got too. But, don't think they cheaped out on me, I got three of them so it is an entirely appropriate gift. :confused:

DeeDe99
03-30-16, 09:22 PM
Balloons here too, for Milestone 3 - I think that is what it is - I got 5.

SeaJelly77
03-30-16, 09:27 PM
Why are the prizes balloons lol I want something a little more cool!!

DeeDe99
03-30-16, 09:59 PM
Balloons here too, for Milestone 3 - I think that is what the prize is for that Milestone? - I got 5.

Now, for Milestone 4 I got 3 balloons. A little odd to get less for a higher milestone, but maybe this is one of the aspects that needs tweaking before the next event! LOL

chewingthecud
03-30-16, 10:31 PM
Managed to get 5 gold as the milestone 3 prize. Not too bad.:)

deucedeuce22
03-30-16, 10:37 PM
I came back from quitting to check out this event. Seems I got lucky, I don't think anyone in my group is even trying. The top person was 300 when I started today, and they haven't gone up at all since then. The only gold I spent was 100 gold to upgrade my Arctic Isles silo to make things easier.

blackeneddove
03-30-16, 10:54 PM
Seems as if the milestones are random gifts.

Milestone 1: 5,000 coins
Milestone 2: 2 Balloons
Milestone 3: 8,000 coins

However, I haven't seen anyone besides myself reporting receiving coins. I'm at level 160, so I was hoping for better milestone gifts... :-/

As if that wasn't random enough compared to what others are reporting (such as gold for milestones, points, etc.)... The chests on my wheel seem to be random as well. I have spun the bronze colored chest a few times. One time I got 22 points, another time 63.

As far as the question of boosts working to boost points won on a spin... I'm not sure if this question has been answered, but it doesn't appear to work for the points gifted there. I received 11 points from a wooden chest on a spin right after I had just activated a boost. I am fairly certain it did not boost the points I won. From the way the boost is worded (50% more or 100% more "per task"), I believe the spin wheel is not considered a "task". It is more of a gift, thus the points from the wheel must not be boosted. At least, mine weren't anyway.

blackeneddove
03-30-16, 11:27 PM
Also, I would just like to add a small recommendation to possible future Leaderboard events -

I don't feel that dragons which are still available through breeding should really be a "prize". (i.e. - Pinata Dragon for this event, Rose Dragon from a previous wheel, etc.)

Unless said dragon is expired and no longer available, or if it is still available through breeding, a super rare or ultra rare dragon would make a great prize. ;)

That being said, I can fully understand why S8 wouldn't place a super rare or ultra rare unexpired dragon as a prize. I can also understand this is during the Big 4th Birthday bash, hence, the Pinata...

BUT - if there is ever a future event ;-) a very nice option as a prize for players would be, instead of Pinata dragon for example, (who I just bred last month) maybe a Bright Phoenix dragon or Aphrodite Dragon. Or any other dragon that was only available from a wheel spin, or during a very limited time breeding. I tried for both Bright Phoenix and Aphrodite desperately (to no avail) when they were on the wheel, spending more gold than I would like to admit just for a chance to win one. (I got Galaxy from a spin this way lol)

To add a thankful note - I am very happy to see Tanuki as a prize! He is the only one I don't have from the milestones, and I am excited for a chance to win him. :D

Thanks for a cool event! I'm sure it will only continue to get better in the future as things are tweaked from all the lovely recommendations/general concerns mentioned in this thread from S8's beloved customers/players who love DS :)

mimbiville2
03-31-16, 12:27 AM
Nothing but coins for my 3 milestones so far.

Sandybellee
03-31-16, 01:52 AM
Have managed to get some points from the wheel that have actually stayed. I'm hoping not to get any more gold because it is just taken away right after.

Are the problems of dissappearing gold and food from the spin wheel being addressed at all?

I'm steadily between positions 10-13 in my group.

Niire
03-31-16, 01:56 AM
I am playing this event specifically for the milestone dragons. Have Pinata, but don't have the other two. :) And I REAAALLLYYY wanted Galaxy when it was out (I managed to spin one for my mom, but not for me, lol).

As for the milestone chests? I got mystic maps x5 on my first 2, then food, then balloons I think (if there's only 3, then it was definitely balloons, lol. I blame my meds :p) So it does indeed seem random. Spin to win actually didn't give me any leaderboard points at all yesterday...3 food, 1 fancy flooring...then this morning, coins. :(

Edit...To add, I'm not sure what rank I am, lmao. I decided not to look after I wrote down what I needed to get the dragons from milestones. I don't like that type of competition, and this one is more than lopsided in fairness all over, soooo....

cdbabe
03-31-16, 02:20 AM
If you activate your breeding roost can add up to your leaderboard? For breeding dragons ?

Werekatze
03-31-16, 02:32 AM
If you activate your breeding roost can add up to your leaderboard? For breeding dragons ?

Yes. I had mine activated right before the event started and my breedings from there are awarding points. =)

On the wheel yesterday, I got super lucky and spun point chests all day and one coin prize. This morning, I spun 3 gold and lost it 2 minutes later. =(

Anaboe
03-31-16, 02:36 AM
I really hate this event. I hate that every point I'm getting, makes it harder for others. Yes, I make a lot of points, and I can't stand loosing, (never lost a Tournament, world event or tales before) so I'd rather not participate at all then seeing others loose because of me, or loose myself.

It's a loose-loose situation: either I loose, or they loose. It's me against other players, other players against me. And I do NOT like it!

Please, remove me from the leaderboards. This will be the first dragon I hate writing on my Excel-sheet, wether it will be because I got this dragon, or because I didn't, I just do not want to participate!

After playing 4 years, I finaly know what is going to make me stop playing: competing with others over some stupid dragon.

retseho
03-31-16, 02:57 AM
Balloons here too, for Milestone 3 - I think that is what it is - I got 5.

I got 5000 apples which did not disappear (as in spin to win).I'll check again next play just in case.:-)

Niire
03-31-16, 03:12 AM
Okay..this is really not cool...I lost my 25 leaderpoints from the 6 hr quest I ran while I slept...don't care about my rank, I was close to 1800 points, and I am trying for the galaxy dragon. ><

tromalyt
03-31-16, 03:36 AM

I don't have the gold to buy Mercuries, Crusaders and Quetzals. And buying then does not guarantee you are going to get the skylord dragon. If two of your rivals spend more gold than you, then you won't get it.

Breeding Crusaders and Quetzals is doable, since the fails hatch quickly (ten seconds to breed / hatch fire if memory serves). Breeding a mercury is more difficult, the fail is water, which takes 12 hours to hatch. A crusader takes 44 hours or so to breed and the same amount to hatch. You cannot breed more than 3 in 6 days without rushing with gold, or without having an active second den. Similar thing happens with Quetzal.

tromalyt
03-31-16, 03:43 AM
I came back from quitting to check out this event. Seems I got lucky, I don't think anyone in my group is even trying. The top person was 300 when I started today, and they haven't gone up at all since then. The only gold I spent was 100 gold to upgrade my Arctic Isles silo to make things easier.

Heh, so apparently the best strategy is to stop playing until a new leadership event is available. This way you will be paired with other inactive players.

Thanks for the info and congratulations.

AnglChk507
03-31-16, 04:01 AM
I really hate this event. I hate that every point I'm getting, makes it harder for others. Yes, I make a lot of points, and I can't stand loosing, (never lost a Tournament, world event or tales before) so I'd rather not participate at all then seeing others loose because of me, or loose myself.

It's a loose-loose situation: either I loose, or they loose. It's me against other players, other players against me. And I do NOT like it!

Please, remove me from the leaderboards. This will be the first dragon I hate writing on my Excel-sheet, wether it will be because I got this dragon, or because I didn't, I just do not want to participate!

After playing 4 years, I finaly know what is going to make me stop playing: competing with others over some stupid dragon.

Yeah.... I rather not play too i avidly use gold in my island so it's not fair to the others against me so i've been trying extra hard not to speed breed or speed hatch... Playing this game this way Oye soOo boring lol but trying too make it fair for the ones against me... Just plain ole stupid. Some community game pinning us against eachother

freesiawoods
03-31-16, 04:06 AM
I am competing against myself!! Two of my games are on the same leaderboard. But I am not spending gold to win since I am already behind the leaders. I'm sure there will be more such events in future so why go all out now.

Clark_Wayne
03-31-16, 05:15 AM
using boost at this moment is a waste of golds IMO : other players can use them too. unless you got enough to make you unreachable (like 15000) , the only winner is TL/S8 because you give them your golds. i think the best strategy is using boost the 2 last days : you can see then if you can reach/stay in top 2 .
for myself , i'm not going to buy any boost : not worth. i see one player using them : for sure, she reach the top 1 but she doesn't stay long.

nyrrem
03-31-16, 05:49 AM
It would be nice for an event/activity that was through s**** and luck rather than if you can afford to spend masses on gold you will do the best. It is really sad that this game mirrors society - if you have money you can buy success. Why can't it just be fun?

nyrrem
03-31-16, 05:51 AM
Great. I have a common magic 20 hour egg on my nest. Woop!

stevenlee2905
03-31-16, 06:09 AM
Great. I have a common magic 20 hour egg on my nest. Woop!

Lol... :D but I agree with you, during this event, it feels great whenever we got long commons fail, such as Island or Magic as those long hours increase our points. I am actually a phobia of commons fail (I hate it and quite scare facing those fail, wanna scream out loud if I saw 20 hours timer as I used to say, "oh no, it's Island "again"), especially those long timer fails, but it's different this time as I always felt excited whenever I saw long hours common fails, such as Island, Magic or even Sunrise, lol... :D They are always welcome, at least during this event. ;)

Jennerwein1
03-31-16, 07:18 AM
The only gold I spent (and will spend) on this is 100 to upgrade my Arctic Isles silo, which I was going to do anyhow sometime in the future.
I have a 4 hour breeding in AI, hoping for Yeti. Now storing supplies in my bigger silo. So, it works out for me.

BiteMe111
03-31-16, 07:45 AM
I bought the smaller (7 gold) boost just to test it. It looks like points from the wheel don't get boosted, only the ones from quest, breeding and hatching.

tromalyt
03-31-16, 07:57 AM
What the ...?

One one of my rivals has 3 skylord fountains. You can see 2 of them in this pic: (I removed the name of the island, just in case)

http://oi67.tinypic.com/6f8bvc.jpg

cocauina
03-31-16, 08:11 AM
What the ...?

One one of my rivals has 3 skylord fountains. You can see 2 of them in this pic: (I removed the name of the island, just in case)

http://oi67.tinypic.com/6f8bvc.jpg

You can have a maximum of 3 Skylord Fountains per island.

kat8rose
03-31-16, 08:12 AM
Leader on my board has almost 5,000 points, plus a current 2x boost running. Mighty expensive dragon for her, but I won't spend 1 gold. Ridiculous concept. Doesn't matter to me whether it stays or goes, I am not playing it. Pitting people against each other in a social game, imo epic fail. Good luck to those participating; I feel for those who spend a lot and end up 3rd.

kat8rose
03-31-16, 08:18 AM
Question for moderator, pls... iOS has the Arctic isles where they breed dragons, correct? Are those breeding and nesting/hatching hours counted as progress on this game leaderboard? Thanks.

bakerystoe
03-31-16, 08:19 AM
I got a night and island egg;) 523

waimanalokat
03-31-16, 08:20 AM
I love it. I'm not going to win cuz I can't buy gold but I'll win some apples and it's a fun reason to log on every hour or so without having to research what to do next. I did get lucky by hatching a Hades (finally! ) right after the game opened and I'm hovering around 6/7th.

tromalyt
03-31-16, 08:25 AM
You can have a maximum of 3 Skylord Fountains per island.

Thanks, I didn't know.

I am not competing for the top dragon, I am actually having more fun visiting other people's islands and see what they have.

I also noticed that many people have already bomb and food producing dragons. They were not available for me to buy until 2 days ago, when I updated the game to play this event. I did not get or I missed the memo about these new kinds of dragons.

puppyzt
03-31-16, 08:48 AM
Won 3 gold on the wheel. Saw the increase. 5 seconds later the gold is gone and the spin is lost
Same here. :(

Bastiaan0
03-31-16, 08:49 AM
My group seems pretty OK, as in no players with 27,000 points (S8 REALLY need to look into that).

Actually, this is my biggest concern about this new type of event. Players who are spending an immense amount of money (or are they ch... no, can't say that out loud, but I'm thinking they actually do:() should be banned. On the other hand, I don't think it can be proved. But I feel really sorry for all of you suffering from *****ers/big spenders ;)

Thank god I'm in a fair playing group, too. As far as I can see I'm the highest in level, I have all gold producing dragons at level 7 and 3 nests. I don't use the breeding roost. So forgive me for spending a little gold... Why I'm spending gold? I want that Tanuki dragon! Then again, why do I have to spend gold to reach the individual prizes? S8 crossed a certain mental border, imo. Until now I spend 36 gold for a double boost (which lasted for only 90 minutes, btw :mad:) and a bit of speeding because I had some good things on the nests and in the den. By the way, I saw someone asking: I spun 17 points during the boost, 34 points were added :) As far as I can see all points are boosted.
Because of this I'm now at 1053 points, savely on rank 1 with the runner-up 200 behind me. I will definitely will try to get Tanuki without spending more gold, but it'll be a close call. Can't see how I could get to Galaxy without spending more gold, but thank god again I already have it. Second big concern.

Third concern (fully agreeing with Anaboe in this): Why are low(er)-leveled players denied a dragon because they have to play against people like me? I don't recognize anybody from my leaderboard, not from my neighbours, nor from this forum, but I'd like to say this: I will go for Tanuki, even if that means spending more gold. If I can have a shot at Skylord as well, I don't mind. I definitely wouldn't mind ending on second place as I don't care for more decorations I will never put on my island. So now you know, you'll have to get to 3000 points, at least. If you beat me in getting Skylord: congrats in advance ;) So please let's keep up the 'fair play', I thank my 19 fellow competetors for that ;):)

Anything positive? Yes, some, but it's in sheer contrast to my concerns :( At least one, possibly two (got Pinata, too) new dragons and a way to spend a little bit of 417 million coins...

And completely on a side-note: due to a little bit of surgery last tuesday I have some more time to spend on the game because I'm working part-time this week. If that wasn't the case I would have had to spend even more gold...

tromalyt
03-31-16, 08:54 AM
thanks FlatFoot.I like the dragon if its your design,but I don't think that I'm gonna get this.:(

Skylord Dragon

Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Mythic White Yellow
Habitat: Mythic Maze, White Meadow, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level ?
Buying Price: 2,200 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 21 hours
Exp Gained: 675 Exp

It is not available on my market to buy.
So, what is the point on tagging a price on it? Does it mean that It will be available after the event is over?

Clark_Wayne
03-31-16, 08:57 AM
Question for moderator, pls... iOS has the Arctic isles where they breed dragons, correct? Are those breeding and nesting/hatching hours counted as progress on this game leaderboard? Thanks.

yes breeding and hatching in arctic isles count : i agree it is not fair between iOS and Android.

Bastiaan0
03-31-16, 08:57 AM
It is not available on my market to buy.
So, what is the point on tagging a price on it? Does it mean that It will be available after the event is over?

Guess so, probably the same as the Dragon Tales dragons you missed

Sandybellee
03-31-16, 09:14 AM
Hmm... I'm about 400 points behind to be on track for Galaxy. It's simply impossible to reach without spending gold. I wouldn't mind spending a little bit to get two new dragons that I really want (Tanuki and Galaxy) so I need to consider it.

No hurry though because there's still four days left.

I bet there will be a lot of very disappointed players who are going for Skylord after the event is over because the real action is bound to happen during the very last minutes just like in online auctions. It is pretty much like an online auction except all the bidders using gold pay instead of just the winners.

TeasTeas
03-31-16, 09:22 AM
Annnnnd.. wheel fail once again.. ok.. so I'm low-paired with others on Leaderboard and am only at 372pts.
Spun wheel and won 40; but it did not add to it. smh..
Currently sitting at 6th.

TeasTeas
03-31-16, 09:32 AM
It would be nice for an event/activity that was through s**** and luck rather than if you can afford to spend masses on gold you will do the best. It is really sad that this game mirrors society - if you have money you can buy success. Why can't it just be fun?

Excellent analogy on mirroring society. . always the way..
Won't buy happiness in this type though either unless just buying the dragon at the end which will probably be available I'm guessing.
In the interim wonder how much ppl are spending to get it to still have to buy the dragon at the end.. lol. For some its all about the race i guess! This is too much pinning against eachother for my taste..

TeasTeas
03-31-16, 09:35 AM
yes breeding and hatching in arctic isles count : i agree it is not fair between iOS and Android.

Nope. Certainly is not. Very much the advantage in an event such as this.

Niire
03-31-16, 09:50 AM

And this is why i said in an earlier post...I really want tanuki and galaxy, everything else is just background noise. I haven't checked the rankings in my group since I wrote down the amount of points I needed for milestones, lol. The skylord "race" is so freaky lopsided that it doesn't matter. i REALLY hope they don't do that part of this type of event ever again, it's beyond not fair just because of advantages like arctic isles, nevermind everything else...

Mikep101
03-31-16, 10:18 AM
I've completed the "good lead quest" 3 times and it keeps showing then deleting my points. I keep gaining first place then poof I'm back where I started. About ready to delete the game.

TL should give a gold dragon for this mess.

Anaboe
03-31-16, 10:18 AM
I do not want any of the dragons for I already have Pinata, Tanuki and Galaxy.

The spin the wheel has gotten me points, coins and food, as usual no gold for me.

The ranking is quite ok tho:
1st: 1.022
2nd: 979
3rd: 949
4th: 933
5th: 908
6th: 895
7th: 804
8th: 764
9th: 752
10th: 702
11th: 699
12th: 679
13th: 673
14th: 633
15th: 623
16th: 613
17th: 523
18th: 179
19th: 160

So it looks like only the last 2 aren't realy playing (due to lack of time?, dunno).

Still, I want to be removed from the leaderboards! I still hate this event. I do NOT want to compete with my neighbors over a stupid dragon. I do not want it, knowing that me getting it, will take it from 1 other player!

Niire
03-31-16, 10:22 AM
I've completed the "good lead quest" 3 times and it keeps showing then deleting my points. I keep gaining first place then poof I'm back where I started. About ready to delete the game.

TL should give a gold dragon for this mess.

It did that to me this morning, I put that quest on last night when i went to bed...got up this morning, collected it, and it was there (first thing I did actually, lol)...logged on a second time and the 25 points were gone. ><

With my mobility very very limited as it is, I am on alot...I play and watch tv, or play this and my comp, lol...I like to multitask...:p

kat8rose
03-31-16, 10:32 AM

Really, s8 another game and more iOS advantages. ...guess our dollars aren't green enough for you.... this event, and iOS only content creates problems in a community /social game....do you care????

insomniadreams88
03-31-16, 10:41 AM
Has anyone gotten anything above 74 points off the wheel? I've mostly been getting ~40 points or coins or food, but that 74 was the highest I got.

And I really wish the milestones had all been points. Did not need balloons twice.

The good news is I am in 2nd, with 1517 points, but I doubt I can catch up to 1st, at 1716 now.

Anaboe
03-31-16, 11:31 AM
And, the first unfriendly msg has been posted on my wall... by someone placed 6th in my group. Really??? Why??? I HATE this event!

I can't help I have a lot of free time, so I have time to play all day long, so yes, I have a lot of points! I don't pay for gold, I just want to enjoy this game! Guess I'll won't be posting anything anymore, it only draws unwanted attention.

Again, please, TL/S8, please remove me from the leaderboards!

This was a social game, that only benefits from friendly, helpfull neighbours. Now, TL/S8 is turning us against each other.

Clark_Wayne
03-31-16, 11:40 AM
And, the first unfriendly msg has been posted on my wall... by someone placed 6th in my group. Really??? Why??? I HATE this event!

I can't help I have a lot of free time, so I have time to play all day long, so yes, I have a lot of points! I don't pay for gold, I just want to enjoy this game! Guess I'll won't be posting anything anymore, it only draws unwanted attention.

This was a social game, that only benefits from friendly, helpfull neighbours. Now, TL/S8 is turning us against each other.

i may be wrong but wasn't there an option to block this player msg ?

edit : i have it

blackeneddove
03-31-16, 11:44 AM

Just block them. ;-) No need for them to be nasty to you, and if they are I would block them. ;)

lenasdinner
03-31-16, 11:45 AM
I'am really wondering if someone can tell..why we are loosing gold food coins when we get reword in this event? I can see that is not just me but many other players. I dident look that much in to it but when I read here there are comlpalning about that I started to take e note and I really lost food that I've got on the weel. Why is that??

Anaboe
03-31-16, 11:49 AM
Where do I find this block option? I don't want to use it, but will if I have to...

blackeneddove
03-31-16, 11:52 AM
Where do I find this block option? I don't want to use it, but will if I have to...

On the message itself that the person left you, there is a red "X" in the corner. If you press it, it will give you an option to simply delete the message, or block the player. :)

Anaboe
03-31-16, 11:53 AM
Thnx, found it :)

blackeneddove
03-31-16, 11:54 AM
Thnx, found it :)

You're welcome! Good luck with your event! :)

utili68
03-31-16, 11:56 AM
Seriously?:D29805

freshfunin2008
03-31-16, 11:58 AM
Hi Elsa,
there are 100's and 100's of messages..... did I miss today's update on when we will get our lost rewards from 2 days ago. I get worried in a time event when TL is slow to ack issue and then even slower to fix and make right. Pretty soon the event will be over and we will have missed out on those points. Thanks in advance.

kooky panda
03-31-16, 12:08 PM
Hi Elsa,
there are 100's and 100's of messages..... did I miss today's update on when we will get our lost rewards from 2 days ago. I get worried in a time event when TL is slow to ack issue and then even slower to fix and make right. Pretty soon the event will be over and we will have missed out on those points. Thanks in advance.
Post 349

Elsa;1271569']I can confirm they aren't in the Arctic Isles. I'll get more information and provide an update as soon as I can. :)

synasuga
03-31-16, 12:12 PM

WOW!! this is truly sad! It's only a game.

freshfunin2008
03-31-16, 12:18 PM
Post 349

Thanks Kooky. Good to hear it is fixed but I would rather see my points added to my total before the event expires. Thank you

AnglChk507
03-31-16, 12:21 PM
SoOo i feel bad... I got messaged that if i speed breed night and lotus about ten to 13 times I'll get night elf quicker and i have been trying for a over year to get it super bad timing because i wasn't going to spend gold till after the event..... Buuut I'm sorry to the guys who are way behind on the leader board... It's really unfair you got put with me since i buy over 100$ in gold every two weeks..... Second place is 3000ish 4000ish..... Because of my determination for my night elf which i did get yayay im close to 9000.... I will try super hard to not do it again i have just been dying to get my night elf DYING! LOL

luckyaa7
03-31-16, 12:26 PM
I just got my milestone 4. The reward?? 3 balloons again.....

random59
03-31-16, 12:28 PM
Same here. :(

Spun up 3 gold also on my sons game was there for me till I cleared his farms then the game crashed and the gold went.

Please sort this out TL it is not fair!

random59
03-31-16, 12:37 PM
Has anyone gotten anything above 74 points off the wheel? I've mostly been getting ~40 points or coins or food, but that 74 was the highest I got.

And I really wish the milestones had all been points. Did not need balloons twice.

The good news is I am in 2nd, with 1517 points, but I doubt I can catch up to 1st, at 1716 now.

Yes I got 109, could have knocked me over with a feather, currently 4th in my group, top 2 Several thousands in front of me. THe top player amassed over 4000 points the first day and their activity has been normal from there on, likewise for the 2nd ranked played jumped 2,500 on the first day. I refuse to spend gold to compete against players like these!

pod5124cra
03-31-16, 12:39 PM
Totally hate this event just another cash grab really getting annoyed with the way everything has to be about money with this game. Used to be so fun to play now it's not. I will just opt out of this event and carry on. Will not give hard earned money. Unfair advantage anyway good luck to those of you who are on top and have money to spare.

roguebee
03-31-16, 01:00 PM

75 points once. Doesn't increase max potential by much:)

roguebee
03-31-16, 01:03 PM
At the end of "Day 2" it looks like I'm on the high end of my estimate and on track to get Pinata. I'm running about 50 points a day short of getting Tanuki. Have to think about this.

Najchi
03-31-16, 01:06 PM
I hate leaderboards also. Competition between players is not good thing in my opinion since there will be a lot of dissapointed players. I hope that I will be at least in top 5 in my group, but I'm lucky, no players that have thousands of points yet in my group an as I can see, we are all close with points except for maybe 5 people that I'm not sure if they are playing at all. But still, in my opinion, leaderboards are not desirable option for event in these type of games.

saghaven
03-31-16, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I'm not really into this playing against others. I much prefer events where we all work together. It's even inherently unfair as some groups will be far more competitive than others and you had no control over which group you got. Right now I'm third but I've swung between 6th and 4th since this started. This is the highest I've been. The top two in my group are already well over 1000 points each. The leader was close to 800 on day 1. WTF?

Hawk1
03-31-16, 02:01 PM
I just got my milestone 4. The reward?? 3 balloons again.....

I received 8000 coins for the fourth milestone, since I have more coins than I can spend I thought it was funny. Since I'm not boosting I'm pretty sure I'll get food when this joke of an event is over and I can always use food. I've gotten a couple of dragons to epic so this event isn't a total waste.

random59
03-31-16, 02:05 PM
This would be a novel approach for TL to use if they ever embark down this road again, which I am sure they will. Place all the players that are obtaining ridiculous totals together and pit them against one another, think of the money they would rake in and let normal non spending gold players compete amongst themselves!

bozotc19
03-31-16, 02:20 PM
My two cents....
Very disappointed in this event, I thought it was a celebration. I have 1 nest and 1 breeding area. Everybody in the top bracket has 4-5 gold habitats and 2 or 3 nests. There is no way to be competitive with these people. It will be a stretch even to get the pi?ata dragon. Not fun at all. Clearly, tL wants everyone to buy extra nests....not gonna happen for me.

belbar22
03-31-16, 02:26 PM
I am languishing in between 8th and 10th place in both my accounts. Not using any gold and just playing as normal. Won't even make the dragon milestones although tbh I have them all anyway. What a disappointing event.

Also this event disadvantages people in the UK and Europe as we lose most of the first day sleeping and finish the event about 8 hours before the end because we need to go to bed.

pernmagic
03-31-16, 02:39 PM

Feel the same, I've dropped from 9th to 15th and I can't be bothered to try and that is the First time in any event for 2 1/2 yrs I feel like this..... So just playing my own game ........ Can't wait for it to finish :)

DeeDe99
03-31-16, 02:42 PM
Hmm... I'm about 400 points behind to be on track for Galaxy. It's simply impossible to reach without spending gold. I wouldn't mind spending a little bit to get two new dragons that I really want (Tanuki and Galaxy) so I need to consider it.

No hurry though because there's still four days left.

I bet there will be a lot of very disappointed players who are going for Skylord after the event is over because the real action is bound to happen during the very last minutes just like in online auctions. It is pretty much like an online auction except all the bidders using gold pay instead of just the winners.

And, of course, the very last minutes will be in the middle of the night for many of us, when we are sound asleep. We will have no opportunity to buy a last minute boost or get a last spin or anything. So we in other time zones are very negatively impacted. Let's say there is 50 points seperating the top 3 in the last hour - those in their daytime will have the ability to maximise points collection in the last few hours. We won't.

random59
03-31-16, 02:50 PM
And, of course, the very last minutes will be in the middle of the night for many of us, when we are sound asleep. We will have no opportunity to buy a last minute boost or get a last spin or anything. So we in other time zones are very negatively impacted. Let's say there is 50 points seperating the top 3 in the last hour - those in their daytime will have the ability to maximise points collection in the last few hours. We won't.

I agree with what you have said that we who are sleeping won't get the same opportunity to those are playing during the day or night when this finishes. BUT when this event started we were just about to wake, so we had several hours advantage then. It is what it is that respect!

chewingthecud
03-31-16, 02:56 PM
Just a bit more feedback - if indeed I did win the top prize, there is no way I would dare hatch and display it. I would then be marked as a competitive player which I am not. (I am in a relatively normal group and am trying for the Pinata and yes, even galaxy dragon so I am leading at the moment.) So S8 please reconsider the competitive element of this new quest. I must admit when I read about the leaderboard I thought it might be that we need to battle each other anonymously in the arena and then get points in the usual way toward a dragon. I never imagined this sort of one-on-one competition. So as a leader in my group I am feeling really uncomfortable - I don't like it. I can't really imagine that the vast majority of DS players would - we signed up for a pleasant social game not this. S8 please rethink this.:o

DeeDe99
03-31-16, 02:57 PM
I agree with what you have said that we who are sleeping won't get the same opportunity to those are playing during the day or night when this finishes. BUT when this event started we were just about to wake, so we had several hours advantage then. It is what it is that respect!

But they were in their morning already, so they got those hours we were sleeping then too. About 10 am their time, I think. Certainly wasn't a midnight start for them, because that is in our evening (the Tales resets at midnight, always my evening). So extra awake time at both ends of the comp, really. As with tournaments, the USA players always get that few hours head start. Unless I have insomnia and am awake at some crazy hour! LOL

catlover1959
03-31-16, 02:58 PM
I don't know if this will post right, but I have to add my two cents to the discussion. I also lost 3 gold twice, after a spin. I also lost 21 points after a spin. The second 3 gold lost was in the last hour. I thought I had read where they had fixed this bug, but I guess not.
I also do not like this event. To get the Galaxy dragon is going to take a lot of luck, even though I'm playing frequently. I won't spend gold/money on this event. I wish there was a way to get our gold and points back!!

DeeDe99
03-31-16, 03:01 PM
@Chewingthecud, yes, I originally thought it would be about battling against neighbours in the Arena too. That would be fun, I think.

random59
03-31-16, 03:17 PM
But they were in their morning already, so they got those hours we were sleeping then too. About 10 am their time, I think. Certainly wasn't a midnight start for them, because that is in our evening (the Tales resets at midnight, always my evening). So extra awake time at both ends of the comp, really. As with tournaments, the USA players always get that few hours head start. Unless I have insomnia and am awake at some crazy hour! LOL

Okay, this event started like normal at 3.30 am Brisbane time, with the US on daylight savings time which is normal, nothing has changed time wise, it has been like that for the last 3 years that I have playing the game. I am sure that our time difference is not over 3 hours and AEDT reverts on Sunday which should bring you back in line with Queensland.

ladymakay
03-31-16, 03:28 PM

That's a shame! This is a GAME , I really disliked this event at first but thankfully I'm in a group of players who aren't spiteful, we've actually MADE it kind of fun going back and forth with each other.

PetuniaBay73
03-31-16, 03:47 PM

10:30 in fact, but i myself was at work. Many people at work or school. Not everyone has the ability while at their place of employment to "play" the mobile games. im not even aloud to have my phone with me on the sales floor, so I don't have the game downloaded on it, i play on my tab at home. Just some insight that a lot of us "USA players" don't necessarily get the advantage you say. On that note, i am not participating bc it feels a tad off to me. i hope everyone that is competing achieves what they are aiming for.

DeeDe99
03-31-16, 03:51 PM
Okay, this event started like normal at 3.30 am Brisbane time, with the US on daylight savings time which is normal, nothing has changed time wise, it has been like that for the last 3 years that I have playing the game. I am sure that our time difference is not over 3 hours and AEDT reverts on Sunday which should bring you back in line with Queensland.

Yes, exactly - so they got say 4 hours extra at the start, more if like most people we do things in the morning, like make breakfast, shower..... I am not awake at 4 am! LOL I don't think the start matters so much, but the end could be critical. Buy that last boost to make up 50 points, get in a last spin (or two, really). Could mean 7 extra quests if needed. So I doubt too many Aussies will get Skylord, but we shall see.

random59
03-31-16, 03:51 PM

I am truly sorry that we on IOS are receiving more benefits than Android players! TL this should be an even playing field, in the next event like this IOS players should not be able to receive any credits for breeding in the Arctic Isles. I would gladly give up the points that I have gained from up there or better yet release the Arctic Isles to our Android players!

DeeDe99
03-31-16, 03:53 PM
10:30 in fact, but i myself was at work. Many people at work or school. Not everyone has the ability while at their place of employment to "play" the mobile games. im not even aloud to have my phone with me on the sales floor, so I don't have the game downloaded on it, i play on my tab at home. Just some insight that a lot of us "USA players" don't necessarily get the advantage you say. On that note, i am not participating bc it feels a tad off to me. i hope everyone that is competing achieves what they are aiming for.

What you say is very true, everyone has different playing opportunities. The last few hours of something like this, though, will, I think, be fairly critical.

DeeDe99
03-31-16, 03:55 PM
I am truly sorry that we on IOS are receiving more benefits than Android players! TL this should be an even playing field, in the next event like this IOS players should not be able to receive any credits for breeding in the Arctic Isles. I would gladly give up the points that I have gained from up there or better yet release the Arctic Isles to our Android players!

Ditto. Unless Android players are all in Android only groups, but that isn't likely given we can play the same game on either device (I do). But yes, I'd forgo the AI points for fairness.

nephthys82
03-31-16, 03:58 PM
Also this event disadvantages people in the UK and Europe as we lose most of the first day sleeping and finish the event about 8 hours before the end because we need to go to bed.

I actually think this one works out well for most people in the UK, although obviously I don't know any individual's circumstances. It starts and finishes at the same time, around 6pm, different to the timing of a Tales event.

To their credit, S8/TL have probably made it as fair as they can, it is 6 calendar days, so 6 nights for everyone, no matter where in the world they are. Admittedly some people will have half a night at the beginning and half at the end. I sympathise with DeeDe99 and anyone else unable to be online at the end of the event, whether because of sleep, work, family commitments or anything else.

willow_12
03-31-16, 03:59 PM
Ditto. Unless Android players are all in Android only groups, but that isn't likely given we can play the same game on either device (I do). But byes, I'd forgo the AI points for fairness.
We're not. I'm on Android and someone on my leaderboard has the Arctic Isles and is ahead of me. I don't begrudge them the points, they didn't choose the group. I might see if they will let me add them as a neighbour and ask them for visitation rights to skylord lol.

RocioBM
03-31-16, 05:11 PM
As some players have written, I won apples from the spin to win, and they disappeared :(

Hawk1
03-31-16, 05:17 PM
As some players have written, I won apples from the spin to win, and they disappeared :(

My second spin for the event was food that disappeared, if it had been gold my mini iPad might have taken flight.

Sandybellee
03-31-16, 05:21 PM

Yup, same thing just happened to me. The wheel is a joke!

luckyaa7
03-31-16, 05:28 PM
Yup, same thing just happened to me. The wheel is a joke!

Same for me too...

Jrod333
03-31-16, 05:56 PM
We're not. I'm on Android and someone on my leaderboard has the Arctic Isles and is ahead of me. I don't begrudge them the points, they didn't choose the group. I might see if they will let me add them as a neighbour and ask them for visitation rights to skylord lol.

Just because someone has arctic isles doesn't necessarily mean they are on ios. If you were to visit my island you'd see I have arctic isles with almost all the dragons there, yet I haven't been on ios in almost 2 years, nor have I had access to my own isles. P.s. I hate this company

DeeDe99
03-31-16, 06:10 PM
Two days in and I think I can now make what I hope are some constructive observations.

The first message I think Storm8 (S8) might hear from this thread, loud and clear, is the majority of players of Dragon Story (DS) are not gamblers by nature, preferring a collaborative and supportive community game style. If this were not so, these players would be on the slots or casino games.

While not being gamblers, many are also not competitive. Personally, I have no problem with competition, however it MUST be on a level playing field, otherwise it feels like *****ing and to win by *****ing is actually no win at all. The players who miraculously had 27,000 points within a few hours on day 1 - let's just say rather suspicious. Could that be achieved by speed breeding alone? Well, yes, it could - speed breeding 210 Diamonds would do it. Or were more nefarious methods involved? That's for S8 to determine.

We are a diverse demographic, the S8 customer base. Some players happily admit using quite a bit of gold, others refuse to use gold, some use a bit here and there. There are many and varied reasons including financial commitments like mortgages! Quite a few players have available time due to chronic illness, but consequently not much money. Others have heaps of money but not much time. Of my 281 dragons, I have bought 20 including the 5 gold producers which can only be purchased, so I've elected to buy 15 (including Olympus). I prefer to spend gold on habitats and breed my dragons (as frustrating as THAT can be from time to time - looking at you Morning Glory). My point is, there are as many playing styles as there are players - it is one of the attractions of the game, that we can all play in our own way.

While I don't object to a Leaderboard concept, I do believe it has to have rules that result in a level playing field for ALL players. Even the spin is like a little gamble on the side - why include it? It doesn't exist in Tales events, for example. I am not a fan of the Spin-to-Win, to me that is gambling. Oh, I spin it because it is there, but I don't seriously consider it part of the game.

As it stands at the moment, any player can effectively buy first place. It isn't, therefore, a Leaderboard in the true sense of fair and open competition. I have to say I seem to be in a group that plays in a similar style to myself and I am sitting second. I really have no complaints but I can see the issues others are experiencing and I can certainly see the opportunity for "abuse of the system" for want of a better phrase.

The following are changes that could be made for the next event to ensure the 6 days is fair for everyone.

Speed breeding not be allowed for the duration of the event. If gold is used to speed a breeding or an incubation, no points are awarded for that breeding/incubation.
Remove the spin. I've been lucky on the spin, but others have not - the element of chance would be frustrating for many.
Exclude the Arctic Isles until it is available to Android players.
Remove the bonuses for gold - again that is enabling the richest players to buy the prize.
Disallow the use of the Breeding Roost and the Diamond Temple - many players do not have them and again, these are using gold. Alternatively, as with the levels of difficulty streams in the Tales, have different streams. If the player starts without these buildings, is therefore in a lower stream of difficulty and acquires them during the event, the use would not attract points.
Grouping logic should be made public.

I am sure others have a raft of other suggestions.

I am the first to acknowledge S8 is a business and needs to generate revenue. However customers have many ways to spend their hard-earned currency already in DS and S8 can make other special offers available at any time. A competition amongst ALL players should not be able to be perceived as a "divide and conquer"event but as something to generate healthy and fun competition. That can only happen on a level playing field. It would do S8's reputation no harm at all to provide a birthday event that did not necessarily generate revenue, but instead rewarded players. A good marketing exercise.

It may well be this style of event is not suitable for the DS demographic at all due to the aforementioned myriad of different individual playing styles and game objectives. I love the World Events and Tales. I agree we need something new to keep the game fresh and certainly not every event style is for everyone nor should we feel compelled to enter every event or every tournament just because they are on (unless of course your objective is to collect every dragon :D "guilty as charged"). Whether this event type works or not remains to be seen, but I do see it needs some tweaking before being run again.

In earlier posts I have expressed concern about the time zones. Yes, I realise S8 can't suddenly declare a common time zone world wide and I also know full well even players in the USA have time constraints that limit their access to the game, irrespective of time zones. I do think S8 could look at the overall question of time in relation to all events. Very hard to control because players can always change their local time settings so essentially I recognise there has to be centralised control of start and finish times without going to considerable expense which would not be warranted.

The difference between this and a World Event is at the end of a World Event I do what I can to contribute to a global pool before bed, reasonably sure we will all make it to the final prize. With this, however, those of us with time zone or other constraints will have a disadvantage in the final hours. Think of being in a running race. You are in the lead or in second place. Suddenly you are told you have to stop running, but those behind you can keep running. With a World Event we are all in the lifeboat together, taking turns to paddle!

As a couple of us have already noted earlier in this thread, we expected something more along the lines of being able to challenge neighbours in the Arena - "My Fire versus your Fire" sort of thing (my Fire never wins anything, so my opponent is guaranteed a victory). Have an overall Leaderboard. Now, some people do not like participating in the Arena, so of course this would not suit them at all. We'd need a non-Arena event for them.

I don't envy game developers, I really don't. It is impossible to please all of the people all of the time. Many DS players are loyal, long-term S8 customers: it is that sort of game. S8 don't have an easy job trying to come up with new content that doesn't disaffect some people some of the time. I just don't think a competition where success can be bought AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER PLAYERS is the way to go.

Hmmmm - a bit longer than I planned, sorry. I got on a role and had a spare few minutes.

freesiawoods
03-31-16, 06:38 PM
Well DS is practically a luck based game in many aspects. So the luck based element (plus gold spending element) is still there in this event. I can accept that. But the different playing fields I cannot especially when they have decided to pit players against each other. I too dislike the competitive nature of this event which doesn't sit with how we play. Thus far it has been us against S8 (unfortunately they have an adversarial relationship with players because of how they treat us and trick us into gold spending). Now they pit us against each other and sit by collecting money.

I bought a fountain on one game cos I thought it would make things less stressful. Stupid move because I already have Tanuki and I am not willing to spend all my gold to get Galaxy or Lord.

jjblueyes
03-31-16, 06:49 PM
Feel the same, I've dropped from 9th to 15th and I can't be bothered to try and that is the First time in any event for 2 1/2 yrs I feel like this..... So just playing my own game ........ Can't wait for it to finish :)

Pern- sorry I didn't have a chance to answer you the other day. My son had surgery yesterday so umm I'm wiped. I'm watching our leaderboard go between 2-4 people and the amounts are jumping by the hour by 200-800 ish? That's a lot and it's gold being spent.

This thread should tell anyone how unhappy many people, dare I say most peeps are. Good to see ya and I'm glad to not have to battle any of mr dear friends. I would hate this even more!

Jen

Niire
03-31-16, 07:00 PM
Yeah...second time i have lost 25 points from the quest the best leader...had to lay down for awhile, woke up, and, since my game starts in that area, I got my quest off and going again first thing. points were still there when i logged out...log back in? They're gone again. I really love the milestone aspect of this...but between how high those point values are to reach the end, plus the bugs, then android being the red-headed stepchild again...NOT happy right now. :(

Niire
03-31-16, 07:06 PM
@Jen..i hope everything went all right for you and your family! *Hugs*

luckyaa7
03-31-16, 07:19 PM
Pern- sorry I didn't have a chance to answer you the other day. My son had surgery yesterday so umm I'm wiped. I'm watching our leaderboard go between 2-4 people and the amounts are jumping by the hour by 200-800 ish? That's a lot and it's gold being spent.

This thread should tell anyone how unhappy many people, dare I say most peeps are. Good to see ya and I'm glad to not have to battle any of mr dear friends. I would hate this even more!

Jen

I hope your son is doing well after surgery and wish him speed recovery!!

groovyedwin
03-31-16, 08:05 PM
Definitely not a level playing field. IOS and Android users are grouped together in sets of 20. Expect an enormous amount of backlash on this player vice player attempt.

dangerb0y
03-31-16, 08:06 PM
In Arctic isles, you can't simply sell your dragons of the nest. You have to create fuel to thaw them out. Without any upgrades you have to check in a minimum of every 30 minutes to make the fuel to unthaw the most common dragon. Arctic isles is time, money, and gold intensive. If someone is using Arctic isles then more power to them, because it's a pain to use.

groovyedwin
03-31-16, 08:07 PM
Not set up as a help each other scenario but instead pits one against another and contratary to the other parts of the game where neighbors help one another out.

debrasbistro
03-31-16, 08:13 PM
The competitive aspect is definitely a game-changer and in my opinion, not in a good way. It has changed the feelings of people as is apparent from some of the comments and has taken a fun game and made it antagonistic if one chooses to participate.

Plus, the wheel is laughable. I have watched it 5 times now on two islands stop and slowly kick the pointer back to floor tiling. Also, the big milestones? Balloons and 8000 coins?

Hmmmm.

Hopefully this is just a bad dream.

debrasbistro
03-31-16, 08:17 PM
I hope your son is doing well after surgery and wish him speed recovery!!

Hope so as well! xo

Niire
03-31-16, 08:43 PM
Hmm, well...I keep sort of hoping this is a bad April Fools' joke...

Hawk1
03-31-16, 08:47 PM
If nothing else I would like to have the food I've won from the wheel, why hasn't that been fixed yet? I said from the first day I was not happy about this event and nothing I've seen or read about here has changed my opinion. I've played war/attack games and I was tired of getting alerts in the middle of the night ;) and wanted/needed something that was relaxing and fun. Thought I had found that with DS, but it seems that S8 wants to change a social game into a semi war game with that idiotic leaderboard.

Ps: Hope your son is doing well Jen

Hawk1
03-31-16, 09:10 PM

I hadn't thought of that lol, sure seems like a bad joke so far.

chuckyt888
03-31-16, 09:43 PM
In an April Fools theme what if they refunded all gold spent on this tourney and gave us all the rewards lol. In one fell swoop this debacle would be erased and it would truly be a 4th anniversary worth celebrating.

If it were me that's exactly what I would do. Any other game I've played celebrates big events/anniversaries etc like that by rewarding the player base. Too much goodwill has been eroded over the last year in DS. They can always create more content etc and things go back to normal... But with, for once, a happy player base willing to subsidize the game again. We can dream, right? I just don't understand why this company is so tight towards players. It makes zero sense to me when you can always create more for the players... but with a little gratitude/generosity you have a lot of happy people.

Per the course lately, In the end the joke will always be on us.

Niire
03-31-16, 09:45 PM
LOL chucky, i agree 100%! :)

blackeneddove
03-31-16, 10:05 PM
In Arctic isles, you can't simply sell your dragons of the nest. You have to create fuel to thaw them out. Without any upgrades you have to check in a minimum of every 30 minutes to make the fuel to unthaw the most common dragon. Arctic isles is time, money, and gold intensive. If someone is using Arctic isles then more power to them, because it's a pain to use.

Yep. Ditto this. That's exactly right.

Ugh...it is a pain in the butt for real! Lol - and I'm not paying 100 gold to upgrade my silo. Even with upgraded silo storage, it would still be a pain in the butt. So, iOS users may have a small advantage, but I would say it's very small. Because you can't pay gold to speed hatch an egg off the nest the same way you can on the mainland. Hatching in Arctic takes forever.

TeasTeas
03-31-16, 10:07 PM

Now their's a notion!
That would be fantastic!
April fools everyone!
Dragon please? lol

chuckyt888
03-31-16, 10:28 PM
I just watched a player jump 200 points without hatching an egg or dragon and not having a boost active. That's not even possible. I don't think you can get that many points through the wheel and they didn't cross a milestone. Sweet.

They must have sped up a bunch of Arctic Isle eggs.

jim23cash
03-31-16, 11:12 PM
A 'group' pool in order to earn a dragon sounds like a very good idea if the goal is attainable for most groups. It encourages play without spending too much

I was thinking the same thing. I wish they would change this event to one where we work within our smaller groups to meet goals!! I want the Skylord, but I don't like competing against others for it. There are 3 of us in the lead of our group, and we are close together, taking turns being in the lead, but far in front of the remainder of the group. As much as I want the grand prize Dragon, I don't want my getting it to mean everyone else in group doesn't get it.
I feel like S8 has really misread or misidentified the type of events this game fan base wants.
Please don't make us compete against each other! Let us work together to meet goals, instead. Some of us will still spend money to meet goals, but everyone can participate at their comfort level, and still have an opportunity to win prizes.
Thank you, Annie

rosym47
04-01-16, 12:26 AM
I've seen this in other games that S8 have acquired an interest in. It doesn't raise a lot of interest in those games either as group competitions but the individual prizes are good. Not like this experiment, because I hope that's what it is. Perhaps it's just someone's idea that got picked up at a S8 seminar and it's being tried out.
I need space for habitats for all the dragons I have so if S8 had opened up the land mine with a few more expansions I would be soooooo happy.

pernmagic
04-01-16, 12:58 AM

Jen
Hope you son is ok Jen..... I know that wiped out feeling as my my greyhound was given a horrible diagnosis on Wednesday and I can't even get lost in my DS escape because of this rubbish event, at least like you I don't have any friends in my group so am letting the others in my group just get on with it ....... So used most of spare food instead to bring my wonderful highlander up to L15 and that's doing well in the arena .... Hope it works in a proper tourney as well :)