PDA

View Full Version : My right side of the screen does not respond

ktorewqas
03-24-16, 05:38 PM
When I tap the right side of the screen (about 1cm wide), the game has no response except the sale package icon. I have to pull (drag) the game area a little bit left and tap my animals. I tried other apps and that part is fine so I think it might not be my ipad. Not sure if it happens to others. I hope I explained it clearly . Thanks

kooky panda
03-24-16, 06:57 PM
Have you tried force closing out your game?

Lyzau
03-25-16, 02:33 AM
I have the same issue on my iPad. For a moment it seemed that force closing solved it, but now it's back again. The right side of the screen, where there are no buildings or expansions, does not drag. I have to kind of wiggle it or move my finger to the bottom to get some response.

The affected area starts right below the Value Pack icon. The small area above the Value Pack icon is not affected. The area extends from the Value Pack icon all the way down toward the Market icon. There is a very small spot right above the Market icon that still drags.

edit to add: my iPhone has the same problem in that area, so it's not just my iPad.

meme1098
03-25-16, 06:19 AM
I have the same issue on my iPad. For a moment it seemed that force closing solved it, but now it's back again. The right side of the screen, where there are no buildings or expansions, does not drag. I have to kind of wiggle it or move my finger to the bottom to get some response.

The affected area starts right below the Value Pack icon. The small area above the Value Pack icon is not affected. The area extends from the Value Pack icon all the way down toward the Market icon. There is a very small spot right above the Market icon that still drags.

edit to add: my iPhone has the same problem in that area, so it's not just my iPad.

I went to try that out on my iPad & it's exactly like you said. Under the value pack all the way to right above the Market icon is a 'dead zone'. Will we have multiple value packs there all the way down? Seems like that area is marked off or reserved, if you will.

ktorewqas
03-25-16, 07:07 AM
I am relieved that this is really not my ipad(too expensive to replace it) lol hope it will be fixed but not in a hurry since I can drag and tap;)

ktorewqas
03-25-16, 07:08 AM
Have you tried force closing out your game? thanks, I do force close every time I am done the game (sometimes hourly:o)

SparklyOctopus
03-25-16, 10:46 AM
Hey there! Thanks for letting us know! Sorry to hear that! In the meantime, you can move a bit to the left of the value pack and you should be able to swipe fine.

zernzid
03-25-16, 12:13 PM
Hey there! Thanks for letting us know! Sorry to hear that! In the meantime, you can move a bit to the left of the value pack and you should be able to swipe fine.

It's not bit....Please check this.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2eploiv.jpg

SparklyOctopus
03-25-16, 12:22 PM
Thanks for letting us know. That area, for the most part, is reserved for bundles. In the meantime, you can try to see more of your right screen by swiping left more in the middle of the screen. Sorry for any inconvenience!

plby
03-25-16, 02:31 PM
Got this issue on my second game which has the value pack, but not on my main game that doesn't have a VP. Both games on the same iPad.

DeeDeeBird70
03-25-16, 06:43 PM
I have the same problem in my own realm, but not when visiting a neighbor. I do have the value pack right now. It is very annoying as three years of play has made using that area to move my position an automatic gesture. Pretty sure it happened with the new update. Also I just updated Dragon Story and have the same problem. But at least when it is loading, there is briefly a box around that area.

katbtodd
03-26-16, 01:54 AM
Having trouble moving around my kingdom too ,,, it's like the sensitivityo my touching my iPad screen is gone

katbtodd
03-26-16, 03:33 AM
It's not bit....Please check this.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2eploiv.jpg

Yes you have to move the screen to collect any thing on the right side ,, I was trying to collect my wool from my sheep and I really noticed it,, I keep my screen big so less mistakes that way,, and now we have less space to work with

sallyslittlegarden
03-27-16, 08:55 AM
Same problem on iPhone 4s since the last update.

mymummy789
04-01-16, 01:46 AM
I am having the same problem. I thought it was my iPad going wrong but it is just fine on my other games (including FS2).

Thorgal
04-06-16, 10:01 AM
I have the same. Since I have dropped my pad in the floor so many times I thought it was my pad giving up. Happy to hear it might not be the case,.

idrispad
04-26-16, 02:46 PM
This has been bugging me for ages! The dead zone goes when the value packs aren't there. Also, there is not a dead zone in other games (Fantasy Forest anyway) when there is a value pack so it makes no sense that there would be one in Castle Story.

It's really annoying.

SpiritWind00
04-26-16, 08:24 PM
Given this a new(ish) game feature and not a bug, closing thread. Castle does have value packs often (I have one today!). As long as we know that's why the right side is not available, we can work around that area. Thanks all! :)