PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Gras Cruise Ship March 24 2016

patayita
03-24-16, 02:45 PM
Let the good times roll! The Mardi Gras Cruise Ship has arrived! Help them prepare for adventure in the Big Easy! Complete all the orders in 10 days and the Mardi Gras Belle will bring her lucky King Cake recipe to your Restaurant! :)

Mardi Gras Belle visits every 3 hours!

http://i65.tinypic.com/34q8adg.png

Catering Cruise Guides
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread....se-Event-Guide
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread....Event*-(-o-)-*

Day 1: 75 gems required, Day 2: 150 gems required
1 coin = 3/4 gems
2 coins = 11/12 gems
3 coins = 26/27 gems
4 coins = 45/46 gems

Day 3: 200 gems required, Day 4: 250 gems required
Day 5: 250 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Day 6: 300 gems required
1 coin = 6 gems
2 coins = 18 gems
3 coins = 42 gems
4 coins = 72 gems

Day 7: 300 gems required, Day 8: 400 gems required
Day 9: 500 gems required, Day 10: 600 gems required
1 coin = 5 gems
2 coins = 15 gems
3 coins = 35 gems
4 coins = 60 gems

Recipes

http://i63.tinypic.com/344fn5u.png

http://i66.tinypic.com/2pqovps.png

http://i65.tinypic.com/xomlo2.png

Master
Beignets: 10, 20, 30
Crawdad Boil: 10, 20, 30
King Cake: 10, 20, 30

patayita
03-24-16, 02:45 PM
edit(KP)

Level 10+
Start at 3/24 5:10 PM
End time 4/7 2:30 pm
Available for Android and iOS

Just got a notification about a new cruise event :)

phatzs
03-24-16, 02:50 PM
Same here

phatzs
03-24-16, 02:51 PM
I thought it was one cruise a month.

MariaLourdesAr
03-24-16, 02:56 PM
I still did not receive the new cruise! :confused:

kgp70282
03-24-16, 03:33 PM
Got a notification for a new cruise coming 2 a month is a lot I like cruises especially with recipes for Gems but can we have a little down time lol

stormcandy8
03-24-16, 05:23 PM
Just saw the cruise! I may skip this one

kooky panda
03-24-16, 05:31 PM
New Cruise has been released! Good Luck!

stormcandy8
03-24-16, 05:37 PM

chrissydid
03-24-16, 05:53 PM
Please post the reward schedule if you can!

phatzs
03-24-16, 06:34 PM
Isn't Mardi Gras in February?

ellymosh
03-24-16, 07:18 PM
Anyone start the cruise yet and can tell us if the new recipe rewards gems or not?

kusutmasai
03-24-16, 07:57 PM
I am unable to upload images for the time being; but yes, it earns gems.

jennnyn44
03-24-16, 07:59 PM
Isn't Mardi Gras in February?

Yep feb 28th

phatzs
03-24-16, 09:34 PM
Yep feb 28th

Why are they doing a Mardi Gras cruise at the end of March? This was basically my point.

tuffyjkitten
03-24-16, 09:35 PM
Yep feb 28th

It's the day before Ash Wednesday so it was Feb 9 this year.

nmishii
03-24-16, 11:33 PM
29665 29666

Kathrynbffl
03-24-16, 11:40 PM
Wow I'm really upset. I like catering events because the prizes are awesome and I thought after the St. paddys goal there is another goal but we get 2 catering events in a month. They should name this game catering event story because 70 percent of the events are catering events. Also I think it's very stupid how you first had a Easter Catering then to St. Patricks and now mardi gras. They should have had the mardi gras event when the Easter event was and now the Easter event. Stop giving us lots of catering events it's not that hard. Who agrees with me.

suejp
03-25-16, 12:36 AM
I love cruises and events, but my counters are still full from the Easter and St Paddy's events. I was hoping for a break to empty my counters a bit and earn money from the food I have already cooked.

pinkfunraven
03-25-16, 12:53 AM
Wow I'm really upset. I like catering events because the prizes are awesome and I thought after the St. paddys goal there is another goal but we get 2 catering events in a month. They should name this game catering event story because 70 percent of the events are catering events. Also I think it's very stupid how you first had a Easter Catering then to St. Patricks and now mardi gras. They should have had the mardi gras event when the Easter event was and now the Easter event. Stop giving us lots of catering events it's not that hard. Who agrees with me.

I agree! Especially when they last so long, past the actual holiday it represents. Most of the items require ingredients that take forever to replenish. Not fun! I normally get *** hoy about it until after the third prize, get bored and stop contributing.

pansylover
03-25-16, 02:29 AM
I agree ... I'd like a break from constant goals/catering events to just sell items to make money to pay for learning permanent recipes or unlocking items in the market. Mardi Gras was six weeks ago. Honestly, I'd rather keep the beignet as permanent recipe instead of prize being a recipe that is so holiday specific. I liked the first cruise event the best, where the prize (forget her name - Liana?) drops either coins,,gems or helping hands.

chrissydid
03-25-16, 04:35 AM
It is as if they accidentally released the Easter cruise first, but then didn't want to throw out the (crazy late) mardi gras cruise.

I wonder what the daily prizes are...

patayita
03-25-16, 05:12 AM
Daily Prizes

http://i68.tinypic.com/8ygfpy.png

calilive213
03-25-16, 05:57 AM
^^ yup, I'm in. I love the trumpet guy. But I agree, all the events, it's a bit much. And I think her name was Luana, or Lula, she is the best. But I definitely like all the recipes that give out gems too... Let's pace ourselves, Storm 8. Instead of so many cruises maybe work on developing some buildings in the restaurants surroundings. Maybe some mini games in them.

anicak84
03-25-16, 07:01 AM
I agree, there are too much catering events and they are waaay too time consuming... I really don't like timed events, I already have a REAL LIFE FULL OF TIMED EVENTS, a game is for relaxing... idk... it just feels like working right now.. PLUS I'm stuck in level 55 because I can't work on leveling because I have to focus on events...
In the St. Paddy's I hada a 3 day migraine crisis (wich is very very comon in my world), and that left me off the game for too long, I got in big trouble by the end of the event almost could'n finish it :(
This game has became too time consuming, but on the other side I'm afraid they will abandon the game and make no more new stuff if we complain too much.

cquinn32
03-25-16, 07:39 AM
Omg another cruise already!! Idk even know what to say about this game anymore. This game is so predictable it reminds me of "Groundhog Day" lol. I'm sure these cruises are exciting for newer players but I really wish they would expand this game somehow with something new, but whatever they obviously don't listen to us.

Anyway good luck with the cruise everyone!!

chrissydid
03-25-16, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the prizes! I agree, I like the trumpet guy. I think I'll play for him at least. He will fit in with my Alien Band

Aerial123456
03-25-16, 09:33 AM
Cruises stress me out! I really prefer regular events that expand the story line. I'm sick of making the same dishes and going through the same process for decor I don't particularly care for and a recipe I don't need. As it is there are lots of gem recipes I never make because my stove is always baking other gem recipes.

New appliances are neat - I'd love to be able to get some of the limited edition ones - but even with those I can't use a lot of the recipes because I don't have counter space.

Can we do a cruise where you get additional counters as prizes??

kimberly0822
03-25-16, 11:21 AM
All the complaints about another cruise event...if you dont want to do it, just dont! Its ok to skip one now and then, i usually skip all of the ones that arent cruises. S8 please dont stop the cruises, im happy to get as many gem dishes as you have to put out!

anicak84
03-25-16, 12:39 PM
All the complaints about another cruise event...if you dont want to do it, just dont! Its ok to skip one now and then, i usually skip all of the ones that arent cruises. S8 please dont stop the cruises, im happy to get as many gem dishes as you have to put out!

We could skip them BUT that would make me feel like I'm losing a great oportunity (gem recipe), so I'll just go along :K

jenni4439
03-25-16, 12:52 PM
Agree with Kimberly!

catfoodie
03-25-16, 02:39 PM
Omg another cruise already!! Idk even know what to say about this game anymore. This game is so predictable it reminds me of "Groundhog Day" lol. I'm sure these cruises are exciting for newer players but I really wish they would expand this game somehow with something new, but whatever they obviously don't listen to us.

Anyway good luck with the cruise everyone!!
I agree! I feel like it's time for some new type of event. Feels like we just had Easter cruise event and now there is another one... It's true we can skip events but I feel like it's a little unfair, because I wanna have new decor and recipes, but it does feel like a chore to complete events. Cruise have exactly the same layout, quests require you to master recipes, the only thing they changed in this regard is the amount of times we have to cook the recipe in order to master them :<

KadeeDid
03-25-16, 07:01 PM
Mardi Gras was Feb. 9. It is before Lent begins. It is called "Fat Tuesday" because you use up all the baking before Lent begins.

KadeeDid
03-25-16, 07:05 PM
Yep feb 28th

In 2017, it will be Feb. 28. This year, it was Feb. 9. It is the day before Ash Wednesday. King Cakes are traditional but it is a month and a half too late! They seem to unveil events later and later but this takes the cake! King Cake of course! King Cake is traditional so at least they got that right.

tuffyjkitten
03-25-16, 07:16 PM
I decided to start the cruise but not to stress over it. I am considering whatever prizes I win to be the main goal and I dont care if I finish or not. I agree with whoever said it just doesn't feel right to skip events, and I really love the parrot, though I doubt I will get that far.

Good luck to everyone who is taking this event more seriously than I am.

MysticOrchid
03-25-16, 08:53 PM
Okay, yes we want special events and cruises, but at least space them out so we can recover. Coming from a daily player with everything upgraded and all I feel like us only high players can barely finish these. TL has been around for years now so we can start getting more information on future events or what not? Not to mention the prizes have been getting very irritating of how long a certain person shows up or how much a certain item cost to get to make on the celebration stove gem wise.

Did this cruise get pushed back due to a bug/copyright?

KadeeDid
03-26-16, 08:24 AM
I decided to start the cruise but not to stress over it. I am considering whatever prizes I win to be the main goal and I dont care if I finish or not. I agree with whoever said it just doesn't feel right to skip events, and I really love the parrot, though I doubt I will get that far.

Good luck to everyone who is taking this event more seriously than I am.

I decided a while back not to care about whether I finish. I have not been able to complete a cruise even though I play daily and have been doing it since the beginning. I have not been able to get any of the special people either although did get a few of the recipes. Just too much and I have family commitments and involved in volunteer initiatives. I do what I can.

I do not know why holiday and festival events are out of synch with the real world. Mardi Gras should have been in early February. Easter should have been after St. Patrick's day. I think someone switched Easter and Mardi Gras.

chrissy2602
03-26-16, 03:39 PM
Does anyone know how often the Mardi Gras character drops by your restart to give you celebration beads?
Im somewhat of a new player so I don't know how these events work.

kooky panda
03-26-16, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know how often the Mardi Gras character drops by your restart to give you celebration beads?
Im somewhat of a new player so I don't know how these events work.
No one has posted this information yet. As soon as someone completes the cruise hopefully they will provide this information.

chrissy2602
03-27-16, 02:27 AM
Is there any info on what it's been for previous cruise events? Or does it always vary?

Edit: I just read through some of the previous cruises and it makes more sense now! Sorry for the newbie post! I was under the impression the recipe and visited weren't permanent! Thank goodness they always seem to be!
I completed the event, so I will try to keep track of when she visits and add the info on the thread for everyone. Thanks! :)

kellbell710
03-27-16, 08:46 AM
Is there any info on what it's been for previous cruise events? Or does it always vary?

Edit: I just read through some of the previous cruises and it makes more sense now! Sorry for the newbie post! I was under the impression the recipe and visited weren't permanent! Thank goodness they always seem to be!
I completed the event, so I will try to keep track of when she visits and add the info on the thread for everyone. Thanks! :)

You've completed the cruise already?

CLOVERKAITO
03-28-16, 01:27 AM
Man, all these cruises and events nonstop... well, I'm going away on a trip next month and that'd force me to stop playing for a month. Who the heck would glue themselves to their iPad when they are 7500km away from home... :rolleyes:

rsims76
03-28-16, 08:45 PM
Hi, newbie here.
Do we get reimbursed for the food delivered to the cruise, or just received gifts? On the previous cruises I participated (Valentine, Easter), there were monetary gifts (35.000) on the 5th day (if I remember correctly) - I think it's enough to cover cost of food delivered from day 1-5. I tried to pay attention to my money count after I delivered food, and I don't think that there were money added after delivery.

CLOVERKAITO
03-28-16, 10:02 PM
Hi, newbie here.
Do we get reimbursed for the food delivered to the cruise, or just received gifts? On the previous cruises I participated (Valentine, Easter), there were monetary gifts (35.000) on the 5th day (if I remember correctly) - I think it's enough to cover cost of food delivered from day 1-5. I tried to pay attention to my money count after I delivered food, and I don't think that there were money added after delivery.

You don't get reimbursed for food delivered, you get decorations. When you get coins instead of a decoration, that means your level was too "low" to qualify for that piece of decoration. Yes weird logic, I know.

tuffyjkitten
03-28-16, 11:26 PM
If the second cook on a cruise recipe results in significant "leftovers" then I use one of the spices on it that boosts the coins. That way I can still get some money during the event. I have rarely gotten repeat orders where I can use food on the counter and stacking dishes has never worked for me. I always cook the wrong stuff so I stopped bothering.

furpurs
03-29-16, 07:11 AM
How can I keep people out of my restaurant? I block the door and the reception desk but they still come in and eat the food I'm trying to make for the cruise!

patayita
03-29-16, 07:45 AM
How can I keep people out of my restaurant? I block the door and the reception desk but they still come in and eat the food I'm trying to make for the cruise!

Turn your chairs around so people cannot sit and eat.

furpurs
03-29-16, 08:24 AM
Turn your chairs around so people cannot sit and eat.

I'll try that thanks!

twinkletoes12348
03-29-16, 08:29 AM

I store my chairs for the duration. They come in and leave without sneaking food. :D

kooky panda
03-29-16, 09:57 AM
Please note that blocking your door is not part of the design of the game, and you may experience issues, like a quick sell.

Also I have seen posts where players have pulled up their chairs and have also experienced issues with their game .

chrissy2602
03-29-16, 08:02 PM
The Mardi Gras Belle seems to come in every 3 to 3.5 hours. So far she's dropped 1 strand of beads each time.

Clanerie
03-29-16, 09:54 PM
I'm over halfway done with the cruise ship and Mardi Gras Belle still hasn't appeared in my restauraunt with beads. The easter bunny did not appear either. Is this normal?

Clanerie
03-29-16, 10:12 PM
She hasn't been to my restauraunt yet and I am on a lot. I'm over halfway done with the cruise. Is that normal?

Rynetory2
03-29-16, 10:43 PM
I'm over halfway done with the cruise ship and Mardi Gras Belle still hasn't appeared in my restauraunt with beads. The easter bunny did not appear either. Is this normal?

Mardi Gras Belle will only appear after you have successfully completed the cruise. Likewise for the Easter bunny if you had completed the previous cruise. Keep going and all the best. :)

chrissydid
03-30-16, 05:09 AM
what's the recipe for Belle? does it take sugar?

patayita
03-30-16, 05:54 AM
what's the recipe for Belle? does it take sugar?

http://i67.tinypic.com/196n3n.png

Rynetory2
03-30-16, 07:00 AM
@patayita

Maybe it'll be helpful if you add this picture to Post #1.

patayita
03-30-16, 07:20 AM
@patayita

Maybe it'll be helpful if you add this picture to Post #1.

Done it :)

Rynetory2
03-30-16, 07:23 AM
Thanks. :)

chrissydid
03-30-16, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the recipe! Gah! All my gem recipes are heavy sugahhhhh

chrissy2602
03-30-16, 11:37 PM
This is my first gem recipe. I was worried I wouldn't make it through the entire cruise and complete in time, so I got a little gem-happy and bought enough to speed through the days.
The Mardi Gras Belle will drop by your restaurant as soon as you complete the cruise!

nmishii
04-01-16, 08:03 PM
Is it possible to get the King Cake recipe image replaced by one with the cook time, XPs, servings, and coins? I am on Day 6 so it'll be a while until I get it. Thanks.

patayita
04-01-16, 11:54 PM
Is it possible to get the King Cake recipe image replaced by one with the cook time, XPs, servings, and coins? I am on Day 6 so it'll be a while until I get it. Thanks.

I'm only on day 9, but I'm pretty sure someone will post a picture of the recipe very soon!

chrissy2602
04-02-16, 03:09 AM
Here is the picture!

http://i68.tinypic.com/296mdcg.png

(Hope it works... Still new to the forums.)

nmishii
04-02-16, 07:53 AM
Here is the picture!

http://i68.tinypic.com/296mdcg.png

(Hope it works... Still new to the forums.)

Thank you!!!

ginourmous
04-02-16, 10:10 AM
I am playing for a while now and what used to look like a restaurant is now looking like the cafeteria at disney!!! i think i have more costumed people that regular people. Lol the only one i am missing is the darn hulla girl. [] Lol. Wish she would make a come back so i can get her.

jewelie121
04-02-16, 02:56 PM
10 hours to go, 367 still needed. Have 137 gems to work with. Think it's doable? I sure hope so, because I'm working so hard to finish my first cruise. :-)

tuffyjkitten
04-02-16, 04:12 PM
10 hours to go, 367 still needed. Have 137 gems to work with. Think it's doable? I sure hope so, because I'm working so hard to finish my first cruise. :-)

It's doable! Use quick serves to speed up orders if you can. I wasted gems last time paying to finish the day off instead of paying to refresh ingredients I needed. Had an order for 10 potatoes and it would have cost way less to speed the market to restock them. Good luck! I'm a day behind so I hope to get the parrot but doubt I will make it to the recipe.

jewelie121
04-02-16, 05:20 PM
Thanks! I'm trying, but a little frustrated right now. 3 times today I've gotten the BLT recipe and I don't have the deli station yet, so I have no choice but to refresh and waste 30 minutes each time. I'll be happy when the amount of gems I need is less than the amount of gems I have. LOL!

MysticOrchid
04-02-16, 07:18 PM
I finished this afternoon. I'm not fond that more and more Cruise recipes items cost more and more gems. It's getting pretty annoying TL...

tuffyjkitten
04-02-16, 07:20 PM
Yeah, that's me with lobster and apple orders. Then I get something for only 1 or 2 coins. That's how I got a day behind. Oh well, I enjoy the challenge and winning all the decorations that cost gems (I would never buy them on my own) :D

silvertiger74
04-02-16, 11:25 PM
Anyone know how often hula girl comes in?

She came straight in after I finished the cruise and only dropped one necklace.

Rynetory2
04-03-16, 05:51 AM
Anyone know how often hula girl comes in?

She came straight in after I finished the cruise and only dropped one necklace.

Here you go.

The Mardi Gras Belle seems to come in every 3 to 3.5 hours. So far she's dropped 1 strand of beads each time.

jewelie121
04-03-16, 07:19 AM
Well, I did finish last night, but had to spend almost all of my gems to do so. I'm still happy, though, because I now have the king cake recipe and was able to unlock the celebration stove. Anyone know how many gems cooking the king cake will produce? Is it a set amount or potentially different each time? Just curious.

ellyse99
04-03-16, 11:25 PM
All the gem recipes including this one are random. I think the highest I've ever gotten from a gem recipe is like, 15 gems? But the "default" is 1 gem each.

ellyse99
04-03-16, 11:26 PM
Don't get disheartened though. The gem recipes are yours for keeps, so you can keep making them every day and earn gems. I can usually cook gem recipes almost non-stop on my celebration stoves, I have 2 of them.

Aerial123456
04-04-16, 06:48 AM
I am playing for a while now and what used to look like a restaurant is now looking like the cafeteria at disney!!! i think i have more costumed people that regular people. Lol the only one i am missing is the darn hulla girl. [] Lol. Wish she would make a come back so i can get her.

My restaurant too! It looks like a convention of crazy people!

Dsscats2
04-04-16, 09:47 AM
Oh my gosh!!!! She just gave me five necklaces at once!!!! Oh I love this game!!!

chrissy2602
04-04-16, 05:44 PM
Dsscats2, you're very lucky! She has only dropped 1 at a time for me.
Also in terms of gems, so far I've only gotten 1 gem each time but it ends up adding up to 1 extra gem daily for me which isn't much but will add up when I get other characters / gem recipes.

yummy_bistro
04-04-16, 07:23 PM
I had to spend 30 gems to finish it oh well as I was sick for the last few days before event ended
Only got 1 strand of beads

tuffyjkitten
04-04-16, 09:41 PM
Well, I did finish last night, but had to spend almost all of my gems to do so. I'm still happy, though, because I now have the king cake recipe and was able to unlock the celebration stove. Anyone know how many gems cooking the king cake will produce? Is it a set amount or potentially different each time? Just curious.

Congrats on finishing! I wasn't even close to finishing day 9. Oh well, there will be other cruises. Enjoy your new stove and recipe!! :)

patayita
04-05-16, 02:10 AM
Just received 10 gems from my first cook of the King Cake :D

Rynetory2
04-05-16, 03:08 AM

Congrats! Lucky you! :D

rsims76
04-05-16, 09:16 PM
Congrats to those who completed the cruise! I didn't... it's my 3rd cruise that I failed to finished. Oh well.... :cool:

yummy_bistro
04-06-16, 08:12 PM

I only got 2 :( but good for you

yummy_bistro
04-06-16, 08:13 PM
Congrats to those who completed the cruise! I didn't... it's my 3rd cruise that I failed to finished. Oh well.... :cool:

this is the second one I completed, cruise is hard especially for low levels, I just reached 37-38 during cruise , also was sick, so I had to spend gems to finish off, need more sleep rather than keep refreshing button lol