PDA

View Full Version : Am I losing money when I enter design mode?

Unregistered
02-24-11, 11:30 PM
So the other day I checked the amount of a particular food that was on my counter and watched a customer begin to eat. I entered design mode then exited out of that and noticed the food on the counter was still the same amount, the customers gone, but no money was added for the food that was taken since customers pay when they're done eating. So am I losing food and money if the shop is open and I enter design mode/leave to visit a neighbor if I don't let customers finish their food?

I hope this made sense since I'm horrible at describing things.

Unregistered
02-26-11, 05:35 AM
Unfortunately, yes. You are losing a few coins every time you enter design mode because you're essentially making food disappear. You're going to have to deal with this though--it can't be helped. Try to wait until a bunch of customers have just paid before you go into design mode, this should help a little.

logon2k
02-28-11, 05:43 PM
I agree with the previous poster.

So what I do is either wait until I get booted off the game, which is much too often, and when I re-load the game there is no one in my bakery. I go into design mode and do what I like then when I get out it starts where it would have when I first loaded it. (Accident)

The other thing I do is when I am finished using other apps, there are other apps you know, I do the same thing as above. I'm just coming from another point. (On purpose)

You are also losing money when you block the door to your bakery. Your customers can't buy anything if they can't get in. Which is why I never block the door to my bakery.

Unregistered
03-01-11, 09:17 AM
I have an Android and the last time there was an update for bakery story I updated. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but when I go into design mode my coin count goes up, like it accounts for the customers eating who haven't finished yet. Of course I don't make any money for the time I spend in design mode though. Hope that helps!

Unregistered
03-01-11, 10:53 PM
This might be a little off topic but it seems related. When I was redecorating yesterday and I was surprised when I noticed that when I was buying decorations, they were costing XP (stars) as well as coins. Am I the only one who didn't know that?