PDA

View Full Version : Dragon story: Big birthday Bash version March 24 2016

jagarjag
03-23-16, 04:20 PM
Just saw this new version of dragon story for android. Copying from the playstore:

"Dragon Story is turning 4! Celebrate our 4th Anniversary with all new Leaderboard Events! Compete with friends in the Dragon Story community to earn amazing new and exclusive prizes. As a special prize for our 4th Anniversary, you can earn an all new GOLD-type Dragon! Our birthday celebration will continue into April with an extra special Dragon Tales Event: Big Birthday Bash.""

Excited!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Edit: (KP) New version in playstore for android players. For Ios players, please check iTunes for a version update on the regular game.

Ah, sorry everyone, there's an error in that text. It's getting updated soon. No gold dragon for Leaderboards, BUT...there's even more to come, so keep playing :p

Text on update has been changed to:

Dragon Story is turning 4! Celebrate our 4th Anniversary with all new Leaderboard Events! Compete with friends in the Dragon Story community to earn amazing new and exclusive prizes. As a special prize for our 4th Anniversary, you can earn an all new Dragon! Our birthday celebration will continue into April with an extra special Dragon Tales Event: Big Birthday Bash."

DeeDe99
03-23-16, 04:26 PM
Me too! Looks REALLY interesting with a whole new dimension to the game! He he he - you'll be one of the first I challenge! ;) :cool:

Sandybellee
03-23-16, 04:28 PM
Same update in the AppStore! Looking forward to the special events and hoping earning the gold dragon isn't too impossible.

Niire
03-23-16, 04:33 PM
O_o !!!!!! :D

luckyaa7
03-23-16, 04:34 PM
New gold dragon!!! Yay!! I can't wait

jagarjag
03-23-16, 04:40 PM
Me too! Looks REALLY interesting with a whole new dimension to the game! He he he - you'll be one of the first I challenge! ;) :cool:

lol...looking forward!! Ya..this new dimension is what excites me most...but I am quite geeedy...so will wait till the game prompts to download it (and get the gold)...😆😆

FlatFoot
03-23-16, 04:40 PM
Ah, sorry everyone, there's an error in that text. It's getting updated soon. No gold dragon for Leaderboards, BUT...there's even more to come, so keep playing :p

Niire
03-23-16, 04:44 PM

-_-... :(

LOL Sorry! yea I am being a dork again. :p

FlatFoot, last time you said that there'd be time yet, I went flailing and squealing through Dragon Land. I am so gonna trust you on this one...okay? :)

PS...For those new to the game, wait until you get the mini quest to download this version, usually ends in extra gold for you. :)

DeeDe99
03-23-16, 08:30 PM
But on iOS it just updates automatically. Mine already has. It is an update, not a new version. And the first use after the update it is a little slow at first, but then once fully loaded, back to normal response/performance (which is great on the iPad).

I haven't looked at Android yet.

DeeDe99
03-23-16, 08:30 PM

Ah, thanks for the clarification Flatfoot.

Niire
03-23-16, 08:31 PM
Yeah, on Android, there's a new version in the play store. So I expect they'll advertise it. :)

amalsaba
03-24-16, 03:13 AM
But does that mean that there'll be a new gold-producing dragon? Or would the old ones go on sale again?. It's been a while since the gold dragons went on sale!

VermillionPT2
03-24-16, 04:47 AM
Looks like they fixed the wording in the google play store. The following is how it reads now:

"Dragon Story is turning 4! Celebrate our 4th Anniversary with all new Leaderboard Events! Compete with friends in the Dragon Story community to earn amazing new and exclusive prizes. As a special prize for our 4th Anniversary, you can earn an all new Dragon! Our birthday celebration will continue into April with an extra special Dragon Tales Event: Big Birthday Bash."

Sandybellee
03-24-16, 05:21 AM
AppStore mentions a never before seen dragon. Maybe it's a new type!

amerirish
03-24-16, 07:35 AM
With the new version for Android could the team PLEASE fix the Kindle bug? I haven't been able to open my other game for close to a year now (Gypsy_Cat) on my HDX. The title screen appears then the app closes. It's so sad because I started that game 4 years ago :(

jagarjag
03-24-16, 10:53 AM
AppStore mentions a never before seen dragon. Maybe it's a new type!

Since we r speculating: if it's a new type, I am guessing some kind of 'gem producing' dragon. If we look at the game development, we have had gold, food, maps and bomb producing dragons. Moreover, they took out fairy and Flatfoot said something like "there will be other means to obtain gems"...

Sandybellee
03-24-16, 12:35 PM
Since we r speculating: if it's a new type, I am guessing some kind of 'gem producing' dragon. If we look at the game development, we have had gold, food, maps and bomb producing dragons. Moreover, they took out fairy and Flatfoot said something like "there will be other means to obtain gems"...

Oh, that would be cool!

Jrod333
03-24-16, 12:46 PM
I'm all for new features, but how about adding the album and arctic isles, and fixing the severe pop up and menu lag. Not to mention you don't give us anything we ask for, new crops, land, mining land opened, remove the habitat cap, but no you'll just keep pumping out dragons and New features

MsMelanieMonster
03-24-16, 01:00 PM
My feelings on this post:

GOLD dragon!!!

PSYCH!

Don't spend ANY food. Tales are coming.

:)

freshfunin2008
03-24-16, 01:36 PM
It would be nice to have another new gold producing dragon and perhaps a sale on existing ones for 500 gold or less.

chuckyt888
03-24-16, 01:46 PM
Has anyone downloaded the update for iOS? Any concerns? Curious about the changes. Things took a turn for the worse in Castle Story it appears. I don't play that as much but doesn't sound good.

amalsaba
03-24-16, 04:03 PM
It would be nice to have another new gold producing dragon and perhaps a sale on existing ones for 500 gold or less.
That would be awesome!

bellallia
03-24-16, 05:43 PM
If they do release a gold dragon what do you think it'd be released? For how long?

What do they mean (I know it's speculation right now) by the competing with your friends? Different from the world events I assume since that's more of a collaborative thing.

southernlight88
03-24-16, 07:05 PM
Sorry. I'm bit confused here. Has the event started yet? I've downloaded the new Android version, but there's nothing new.

FlatFoot
03-24-16, 07:16 PM
Sorry. I'm bit confused here. Has the event started yet? I've downloaded the new Android version, but there's nothing new.

Not yet, but soon. The new event requires a new version of Dragon Story to play, so you'll be ready as soon as it goes live!

southernlight88
03-24-16, 07:36 PM
Not yet, but soon. The new event requires a new version of Dragon Story to play, so you'll be ready as soon as it goes live!

Sure, thanks for the clarification :)

Niire
03-24-16, 07:57 PM
My feelings on this post:

GOLD dragon!!!

PSYCH!

Don't spend ANY food. Tales are coming.

:)

Up to 150k food atm, been doing diamond dates for the world event, so it's a bit more slow than normal...

The dorky little faces I made in my posts? Was in reference to this, haha... I 100% agree!

yeelela
03-24-16, 10:56 PM
Has anyone downloaded the update for iOS? Any concerns? Curious about the changes. Things took a turn for the worse in Castle Story it appears. I don't play that as much but doesn't sound good.
It iis an update and for me it didn't come with any problems.

wookiee77
03-25-16, 01:26 AM
lol...looking forward!! Ya..this new dimension is what excites me most...but I am quite geeedy...so will wait till the game prompts to download it (and get the gold)...
Ok, so I'd prefer to wait to get the gold as well, do we know for sure that it will be released that way or will holding off disadvantage us in some way? I'm still fairly newish to the inner workings of it all, so apologies for silly question :)

31aug2002
03-25-16, 01:27 AM
Wow... Waiting with baited breath...
But sad no hold dragon... I would have had a chance to get at least one gold dragon.... :(:(

jagarjag
03-25-16, 01:52 AM
Ok, so I'd prefer to wait to get the gold as well, do we know for sure that it will be released that way or will holding off disadvantage us in some way? I'm still fairly newish to the inner workings of it all, so apologies for silly question :)

hi wookiee77: They will prompt. Looks like we will need it when this "new" event starts. So, wait. You will not lose anything.

wookiee77
03-25-16, 03:26 AM
hi wookiee77: They will prompt. Looks like we will need it when this "new" event starts. So, wait. You will not lose anything.

Cool, thanks!

lenasdinner
03-25-16, 06:26 AM
this might happen on Tuesday,I think the new event will start then,and we might get the new pop out earlier that day as we got it once for halloween. but who knows....we will see I just hope it will be a really great and good suprize!

mystctattoo
03-25-16, 07:38 AM

I agree with you 100%! I also think it will be a gem producing dragon and thought that would be coming after the discussion on the fairy leaving! It's great though that we wouldn't have to buy it only earn it this time but who knows how difficult it will be to earn. Super excited though about the new challenge added to the game and can't wait to see what happens today (sitting on the edge of my seat biting my nails)

amerirish
03-25-16, 08:05 AM
If there is a gemstone producing dragon coming, will it drop random gemstones (including black & pink!)? I wonder how that would work. Unless they plan to do a series (NO!) where each dragon drops a different color gemstone. Personally I wouldn't buy them because as a higher level player, there's nothing left for me to craft with gemstones.

Najchi
03-25-16, 10:10 AM
Ah, hate leaderboard thing. It usually means that you have to play the game 24/7 to be eligible for prize, and to beat other players to it. Hopefully there will be consolation prize since I'm not good with real pearsons competition.

anaghasaki
03-25-16, 10:59 AM

Ah.. so you were the first one to download this.. when I went to download it showed 1 download so far.. probably I was the second.. if I had read this forum before, I would have waited for the gold.. if I uninstall it now and install it later when prompted will I get the gold??

sweetz804
03-25-16, 08:07 PM
My game won't load started around ,6 hours ago. Emailed S8. Anyone else having this problem? Uninstalled,force closed .nothing helped. Downloaded new version.that also didn't help

JMThrive
03-25-16, 08:29 PM
Wow, at least this version doesn't crash after 30 seconds. Maybe I can stop using Halloween versionl

lenasdinner
03-25-16, 08:48 PM
I've got the download for 14 golds.yeeeessss great!!

jjblueyes
03-25-16, 11:16 PM
This was a good catch V. You on the ball ;)

Looks like they fixed the wording in the google play store. The following is how it reads now:

"Dragon Story is turning 4! Celebrate our 4th Anniversary with all new Leaderboard Events! Compete with friends in the Dragon Story community to earn amazing new and exclusive prizes. As a special prize for our 4th Anniversary, you can earn an all new Dragon! Our birthday celebration will continue into April with an extra special Dragon Tales Event: Big Birthday Bash."

amalsaba
03-26-16, 04:55 AM
Only very few dragons are loading. I waited for so long then i got out of it and restarted the game twice and it is still the same. Personally I can't use this version. I'm gonna stick to the original one. I don't see the point of designing a new version when it's worse than the one before it.

Clark_Wayne
03-26-16, 05:07 AM
yes the new update is much more slower than the previous one :(

Jackiesq
03-26-16, 05:20 AM
yes the new update is much more slower than the previous one :(
Problem is that the last update of the original and this Birthday version are both slower... Also many shutdowns on both, 100% when I buy a habitat, and many during harvesting and breeding. I don't dare to visit my neighbors now...
So thx S8, now I'm back again on the Halloween... 😠

lenasdinner
03-26-16, 09:49 AM
very true,needs a lot of time to load all dragons in this new version.the things that I've notice in this version is that I can scroll storage litle faster than the one I play and the mine is fabulous.for the first time I've could bomb in mine 10 bombs without game shouting down(dident have more bombs).I bearly could bomb one and sometimes I would lost even a bomb and the peaces that I collected for mine dragon.so for that I'm really thankful.I just hope I will use to that and not get out of the game buy myself before shouts down.
however game never shout down to me when I bought habitat or harvest.only if I have the game open more that 10 minutes what ever i was doin. diden't notice that jet on this new version.

9krm
03-26-16, 10:47 AM
I got the prompt for the new version yesterday. It was slow at first - not showing dragons, etc., but after playing for a bit it stopped lagging. It is working fine today.

I want a birthday cake dragon! Or maybe I just want some cake. :)

JMThrive
03-26-16, 07:03 PM
Wow, at least this version doesn't crash after 30 seconds. Maybe I can stop using Halloween versionl

I spoke too soon. Tried tToby a habitat in B-Day version and it crashed. Now it opens then crashes then crashes. Back to Halloween :-(

VermillionPT2
03-27-16, 12:00 AM
This was a good catch V. You on the ball ;)

Thank you so much for noticing J. The edit on the front page just made me look like I don't pay attention. Have a wonderful day tomorrow with the hubby and kids! :o

V

jjblueyes
03-27-16, 12:13 AM
Thanks! Happy Easter to you and Mr. V.
Jen

Thank you so much for noticing J. The edit on the front page just made me look like I don't pay attention. Have a wonderful day tomorrow with the hubby and kids! :o

V

amalsaba
03-27-16, 05:03 AM
Only very few dragons are loading. I waited for so long then i got out of it and restarted the game twice and it is still the same. Personally I can't use this version. I'm gonna stick to the original one. I don't see the point of designing a new version when it's worse than the one before it.
Well today the game is running heaps better. All the dragons are loading normal. I didn't delete the app. The only difference is that it actually is a bit faster to open than the previous ones. So I'm using both.

DragonPhoenix6
03-28-16, 05:01 PM
Can't wait for this event to start and to find out what special new dragon we will be getting!

Storm ID: DragonPhoenix6
Island Name: Ellesmera
Level 99
122 unique dragons
Diamonds & Hybrids (7): Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Quetzal, Gold, Prism, Mercury
Champions (2): Chariot, Prize Fighter

I am a daily player and I always accept requests for maps/flowers, please feel free to add me as your neighbour, I accept and welcome all neighbour requests :o

MsMelanieMonster
03-28-16, 09:01 PM
Up to 150k food atm, been doing diamond dates for the world event, so it's a bit more slow than normal...

The dorky little faces I made in my posts? Was in reference to this, haha... I 100% agree!

Like!

meoconlunar
03-29-16, 08:42 AM
wow29733

amerirish
03-29-16, 08:44 AM
I don't know about this 'leaderboard' thing - never did anything like that before :(

DragonPhoenix6
03-29-16, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the update Meoconlunar :)

Wow the new dragon looks amazing! I wonder what elements it has...

I am also a bit apprehensive about this Leaderboard competition... Fingers crossed it won't be too difficult to get the dragons...

Storm ID: DragonPhoenix6
Island Name: Ellesmera
Level 99
122 unique dragons
Diamonds & Hybrids (7): Diamond, Infinity, Crusader, Quetzal, Gold, Prism, Mercury
Champions (2): Chariot, Prize Fighter

I am a daily player and I always accept requests for maps/flowers, please feel free to add me as your neighbour, I accept and welcome all neighbour requests :o

Sandybellee
03-29-16, 09:37 AM
I don't know about this 'leaderboard' thing - never did anything like that before :(

Same here! Very apprehensive about it at this point. Hopefully it won't be too difficult or time demanding.

Burrymillz
03-29-16, 10:09 AM
I'm curious to see if the leaderboards will be in the Halloween version because the new version I cannot use because it does not work with Android at all well it does just very slow and very very crappy

AuroraLava
03-29-16, 10:17 AM
Hmmm I got the pop up to update but did not get 14 gold for downloading the new version on my tablet. :confused:

nicsdragonisle
03-29-16, 10:24 AM
Hmmm I got the pop up to update but did not get 14 gold for downloading the new version on my tablet. :confused:

I didn't either, on iOS. Worked as an update (prompted thru game) but no gold.

belarica
03-29-16, 10:45 AM

Whoever spends the most gold wins!!!

amerirish
03-29-16, 10:46 AM
I don't like this new gimmick. I hate the idea of competing against other players; that's not the kind of game I signed up for. I like when we work together in community events but this set up makes me uncomfortable. So this means that only one player will win the grand prize dragon? I don't like this at all :(

AuroraLava
03-29-16, 10:46 AM
I didn't either, on iOS. Worked as an update (prompted thru game) but no gold.

Oh well..I will see what else this leaderboard thing brings. I feel like it benefits the high level players more especially those with two breeding roosts or nests etc.

silverybunny
03-29-16, 10:47 AM
so how does this work?

silverybunny
03-29-16, 10:51 AM
I don't like this new gimmick. I hate the idea of competing against other players; that's not the kind of game I signed up for. I like when we work together in community events but this set up makes me uncomfortable. So this means that only one player will win the grand prize dragon? I don't like this at all :(

Are you going against everyone or neighbors?

kooky panda
03-29-16, 10:54 AM
See new thread :

-Skylord-Leaders-Event-March-29-2016 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?90309-Skylord-Leaders-Event-March-29-2016)