PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: New Version 1.5 released!

ShibuyaCloth
03-23-16, 02:49 PM
* Welcome a new hare-raising animal, the Rabbit, to your kingdom!
* Starting 3/24, gather eggs hidden around the kingdom for a chance to earn your very own Rabbit pet!
* Unlimited Energy! - Tired of running out of energy? Look forward to unlimited energy events and items coming soon and never run out again!
* Free Gifts! - Earn free, exclusive rewards when you fill up on gems! Coming soon!
* Starter Packs for our new users! Welcome and enjoy the discounts!
* Not quite sure what those items are in our Value Packs? We have added info buttons so you can get more information before making a purchase. Buyer be informed!
* Bug Fixes!

https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/castle-story/id555194756?mt=8

greediron
03-23-16, 02:58 PM
uh oh. sounds busy.

ShibuyaCloth
03-23-16, 03:08 PM
Hold on;
http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/stuff/ValuePack-2016-03.png

* Not quite sure what those items are in our Value Packs? We have added info buttons so you can get more information before making a purchase. Buyer be informed!

I like this, but... need to iron out a little bug it seems

greediron
03-23-16, 03:11 PM
downloaded the new version, but nothing new happening.

Sandybellee
03-23-16, 03:20 PM
I updated and I didn't even get that value pack.

And instead of watching 3 videos for gems I'm now offered flour to watch a video...

But nevertheless, I'm excited about the pet rabbit! :)

PrincessCupOButter
03-23-16, 03:34 PM
My free gift offer used to be 2 energy with a max of 3 videos per day. After updating, my offer was 1 gem, so I watched. I was able to watch a total of 6 videos with the following gifts:

1st: 1 gem
2nd: 3 energy
3rd: 1 flour
4th: 2 energy
5th: 1 sugar
6th: 1 energy

This makes it much more tempting to watch the ads, since I rarely watched them for just 2 energy.

*no value pack offer for me either

dacrows
03-23-16, 03:52 PM
I updated and I didn't even get that value pack.

And instead of watching 3 videos for gems I'm now offered flour to watch a video...

But nevertheless, I'm excited about the pet rabbit! :)

Can we still play the game without updating?

I'd like to keep getting free gems from watching the videos.

ShibuyaCloth
03-23-16, 04:28 PM
Can we still play the game without updating?

I'd like to keep getting free gems from watching the videos.

Update might be needed to participate in the bunny hunt event

ktorewqas
03-23-16, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I got video offer, two gems and now a flour lol

Nemi55
03-23-16, 05:40 PM
Update might be needed to participate in the bunny hunt event

Can someone mention how to update?

parlski
03-23-16, 05:44 PM
unlimited energy?

ktorewqas
03-23-16, 05:52 PM
Can someone mention how to update?go to App Store and search for castle story. There should be an update button. Or you could delete your game and reinstall. The first post has a link, you could tap on it

ktorewqas
03-23-16, 05:54 PM
unlimited energy?i think it's an event. It would be fantastic to have unlimited energy forever lol

nessa005
03-23-16, 06:20 PM
I finally have the Watch a Video button!!! It used to just flash on and then disappear and it never worked. I did get the value pack too but I'm maxed on lanterns.

Niire
03-23-16, 06:26 PM
*Fingers and toes crossed this is also for Android...*

SpiritWind00
03-23-16, 06:34 PM
I'm not sure about whether or not android will get the hare-raising event, but will try and find out before tomorrow's update.

iamvan2
03-23-16, 07:05 PM
What doesn't everyone get the same Value Pack offers? I updated, but did not get the pack? I could certainly use the trade tickets.

Niire
03-23-16, 07:37 PM
Thanks, SW! <3

I know it can be a pain having to track down all this info. <3

kdmusgrove
03-23-16, 08:51 PM
What doesn't everyone get the same Value Pack offers? I updated, but did not get the pack? I could certainly use the trade tickets.

Give it some time. It should show up soon.

jdgrozda
03-23-16, 09:36 PM
my favourite animal! I'm so excited for this! :D

newzealander
03-23-16, 10:47 PM
This is glitchy get for me. I watch video, gem count goes up by one, and then the game 'refreshes', and the gem has gone. This has happened 4 times so far.

ShibuyaCloth
03-23-16, 10:49 PM
The new interface needs some play adjustments, got gem trapped 2x in 5 minutes, 40 gems gone.

Sheeba8188
03-23-16, 10:54 PM
I'm not sure about whether or not android will get the hare-raising event, but will try and find out before tomorrow's update.

Thanks SW :)

caz1761
03-23-16, 11:02 PM
The new interface needs some play adjustments, got gem trapped 2x in 5 minutes, 40 gems gone.

Hi, me too, When I energy is gone now, when I tap on something, instead of telling me I can collect from said item it flashes the BUY ENERGY screen and if you're nit concentrating it will give you lives fir gems. I've been playing this game fir 2 years and have NEVER bought lives!! PLAYERS BEWARE!!!

Thorgal
03-23-16, 11:15 PM
Me too lol :) glad I'm not the only one. On the other hand I got 6 rotten cabbages for free for my unicorn this morning for watching videos so I'm still 70 gems on the plus side.

EBJW
03-23-16, 11:32 PM
Does anyone know (guess) when the egg-search starts?
Cause it says 24: it's 7.30 in the morning European time (for most countries that is ;))

I guess it'll start when the usual thursday-uodate starts? If so, we have to wait well over 12 hours...

yummy_bistro
03-23-16, 11:50 PM
thx for the info

now videos plays alot smoother

Castloninian
03-23-16, 11:51 PM
Urgh, I have always been one of the lucky ones to be able to earn 8 gems a day from videos. I suspect once I update that privilege will be lost... oh well, enjoyed it while it lasted. Glad I at least read about it here so I am prepared for the blow.

Korlcek
03-24-16, 12:43 AM
I got 1 gem, 2 energy, flour, sugar, then "video failed to load"

ReinierMamaWouter
03-24-16, 02:38 AM
Also video failed to load (twice) but got 2 x gems. :-)

ReinierMamaWouter
03-24-16, 02:42 AM
Does anyone know (guess) when the egg-search starts?
Cause it says 24: it's 7.30 in the morning European time (for most countries that is ;))

I guess it'll start when the usual thursday-uodate starts? If so, we have to wait well over 12 hours...

Hello fellow country member! I was hoping it would start at midnight the 24th (in PST) but it does look like we'll have to wait until this evening (our time). :-( Wish they'd been more specific when they posted!
Sandra

SpiritWind00
03-24-16, 02:48 AM
:) Goals always start at the same time each time there is an update.... which is about 9 hours from this post. :) can't wait!

EBJW
03-24-16, 03:02 AM
:) Goals always start at the same time each time there is an update.... which is about 9 hours from this post. :) can't wait!

Thought so, but our (for many) first instinct reading the info is that it's already started;
several neighbours were thinking the search would start immediately after updating the app. So they were surprised to find none.

You could say we should read more carefully and think it through :confused: but when the usual updates start the day is almost at an end for many of us (late in the evening); reading it starts the 24th when it's the 24th for many for hours and hours already, well, therefore the mix-up :cool:

So it would be nice, just to be sure and not confusing, if the info would have mentioned the event starts at the usual update-time! ;)

ladyperidot
03-24-16, 04:55 AM
Urgh, I have always been one of the lucky ones to be able to earn 8 gems a day from videos. I suspect once I update that privilege will be lost... oh well, enjoyed it while it lasted. Glad I at least read about it here so I am prepared for the blow.

Me too. I just watched all of the ones I could until it said done for the day.

sallyslittlegarden
03-24-16, 04:57 AM
I'm one of the unlucky ones. Videos never worked and still don't. (iPhone though)

Grateful for any hint to get it running.

twinkletoes12348
03-24-16, 05:47 AM
I got: 1 gem, one flour, one sugar, 3 energy, then 2 energy. Not too shabby!

But I'm really NOT loving the new out-of-energy thing. Much too easy to gem trap!

EsmeW2
03-24-16, 06:12 AM
Sigh!:(

Would it be at all possible when updates are only for IoS to say so in the title? As far as I can see from the Play Store the most recent Android version is 1.2.5.4 - I've checked using my tablet and phone but who knows, I could have missed something.

Us Android users are also here you know!

ktorewqas
03-24-16, 06:36 AM
2 gems, 1 flour, 1 sugar, 2 energy, 3 wood & 3 stone, that's all:p the prize is getting less and less. I really do not want watch the videos for stones and wood lol

88silver
03-24-16, 06:39 AM
It is still possible that we'll get the update. There have been events in the past where iOS had an update, Android didn't, but both had the event.

So the bunny and egg thing might be a timed event for all, or it might be a storybook/chapter iOS only quest.

jbfps116
03-24-16, 06:39 AM
it would be nice to have an upgrade in movie watching. It wasn't even worth it fo me 3 energy for three whole videos!

jbfps116
03-24-16, 06:41 AM
oh on the "free coins today" screen I could watch a video and double my coin earnings.
like I'd want to do that! lol

jbfps116
03-24-16, 06:43 AM
also having problems with not loading video ads . Maybe because I'm in China?? ?but other apps work for that.
and its a gem this time! :(

jbfps116
03-24-16, 06:45 AM
also don't have the value pack showing

jbfps116
03-24-16, 06:49 AM
hmm. clicking on an item when energy is depleted brings up the buy energy screen. a trap? sure, but I think easier to miss than before.

kdmusgrove
03-24-16, 07:03 AM
This is glitchy get for me. I watch video, gem count goes up by one, and then the game 'refreshes', and the gem has gone. This has happened 4 times so far.

That happened to me recently and I lost 122 in one go on my castle. I was so upset. One accidental click in the wrong place....

kdmusgrove
03-24-16, 07:06 AM

You were lucky. I only ever could get three per day. Now they are giving flour and sugar and ONE energy. Not worth it to me at all, maxed on flour and sugar and ONE energy is a joke.

iamvan2
03-24-16, 07:27 AM
I still don't have the Value Pack; just wondering why some get it and some don't. Guess it's like those rare drops.

nessa005
03-24-16, 07:58 AM
I finally have the Watch a Video button!!! It used to just flash on and then disappear and it never worked. I did get the value pack too but I'm maxed on lanterns.

I knew it was to good to be true.....no video at all today....not even a quick flash

greediron
03-24-16, 08:29 AM
Hi, me too, When I energy is gone now, when I tap on something, instead of telling me I can collect from said item it flashes the BUY ENERGY screen and if you're nit concentrating it will give you lives fir gems. I've been playing this game fir 2 years and have NEVER bought lives!! PLAYERS BEWARE!!!

I have had that screen pop up randomly now as well. Guess that is what they mean by unlimited energy? :mad:

Lost 200 gems to a gem trap with my Sir Rouncey. But they were just free ones, so I can live with it. But I would never buy gems with the risk of losing them to the gem traps all over this game.

cyndora
03-24-16, 08:33 AM
woah............ S8 , that was very sneaky , what you did with that energy screen.......almost got me!....is that what you meant by never run out of energy again? cause we will buy energy on accident?............

tuffyjkitten
03-24-16, 08:38 AM
Just saw this thread and was checking to see if my game updated on its own, which it did. The daily coin screen had the option to collect the coins (4010 for today) or watch a video and get double coins (8020). Of course the video failed to load, so I'm wondering if that meant no coins awarded or the regular amount...I didn't check my total beforehand so I don't know what happened. It doesn't matter so much for me as I have 8 million coins, but for lower level players who need those coins it would be nice to know they aren't losing out if a video fails to load for them.

On the other hand, the watch a video option underneath the goal book actually did work for me for the very first time ever! I got 1 gem, 3 energy, 1 flour, and 2 energy before the failure to load video stuff started again. That was pretty good I think.

Elen4070
03-24-16, 08:47 AM
I strongly dislike the huge window popping up in the middle of my screen when I run out of energy. The smaller one at the bottom was fine. Whether it's a gem trap or not, it hinders gameplay by blocking a large part of my screen and I cannot get rid of it unless I click on the X, which is also very annoying. S8 please go back the way it was before!

perry5
03-24-16, 08:52 AM
Used to be able to watch 3 videos/day for 3 gems, which I was happy to do--hey, free gems are free gems! Today it was 1 gem, flour, a couple of energy...sorry, not a fan.

kooky panda
03-24-16, 10:14 AM
Please note that the recent off topic posts have been removed. Please keep your posts on topic of the new Castle version release.

Thanks!

twinkletoes12348
03-24-16, 10:25 AM
Used to be able to watch 3 videos/day for 3 gems, which I was happy to do--hey, free gems are free gems! Today it was 1 gem, flour, a couple of energy...sorry, not a fan.

I'm sorry you feel that the change to make things more fair for a broader cross-section of people is unfair.

EBJW
03-24-16, 10:47 AM
I strongly dislike the huge window popping up in the middle of my screen when I run out of energy. The smaller one at the bottom was fine. Whether it's a gem trap or not, it hinders gameplay by blocking a large part of my screen and I cannot get rid of it unless I click on the X, which is also very annoying. S8 please go back the way it was before!

I read several messages about this running out of energy.
??
I updated this morning, but haven't experienced anything like that.

?

sweerfarmer
03-24-16, 11:10 AM
Me too don't like the big window for energy, as it just accidently costs me 20 gems, instead of big window it would be really helpful if u have made the confirmation window, which is long awaited n much needed.

aiyoosha
03-24-16, 11:13 AM
ooo we got a new update did we. i have so much stuff to catch up on its ridiculous

Tamochan
03-24-16, 11:13 AM
Is the update for android only? I am ios and have nothing at the moment, none of the things mentioned by other folks on the thread.... Althgh it sounds a bit dodgy with the energy screen.....

aiyoosha
03-24-16, 11:14 AM
Is the update for android only? I am ios and have nothing at the moment, none of the things mentioned by other folks on the thread.... Althgh it sounds a bit dodgy with the energy screen.....

have u updated castle story from the app store?

udittara
03-24-16, 11:23 AM
Update usually happen at 2 pm est. no bunny yet

dipwid
03-24-16, 11:24 AM
No message in game yet about the rabbit, no version 1.5 on Google play store. It's 120pm CST, is the update out yet? Platform is Android.

Tamochan
03-24-16, 11:52 AM
have u updated castle story from the app store?

I updated yesterday when it came up in app store, do i have to do it again?

Britilina
03-24-16, 11:55 AM
The new update includes a big new gem trap, so the rescue method wasn't terribly off topic. Message me if you want to hear about it.

I am hoping we don't get too many new buildings, although I sense another kingdom rearrange in my future... Really hoping for some good drops from this one.

sunnygirl634
03-24-16, 12:06 PM
Looks like the update is late (again). 12:05 PST and nothing for me.

katbtodd
03-24-16, 12:10 PM
Nothing here yet either EST

Queenzod
03-24-16, 12:11 PM
Looks like the update is late (again). 12:05 PST and nothing for me.

Same here. Is there any way that S8 could give a heads up to a Mod if it's going to be late? It gets tedious having it be late with no word...

29vanilla
03-24-16, 12:11 PM
Just waiting....... And Thanks for the warning on new gem trap.

TheSqueakyNinja
03-24-16, 12:12 PM
I'd love a PM about the new gem trap. I just logged in for the first time so I'm not particularly proficient yet

sweerfarmer
03-24-16, 12:16 PM
Nothing about update��

03-24-16, 12:18 PM
Should i clear my kingdom or no?!....

katbtodd
03-24-16, 12:19 PM
Should i clear my kingdom or no?!....

No ,,, I'm still waiting

biartiemgi
03-24-16, 12:20 PM
Gemtrap please lt me know....

ladyperidot
03-24-16, 12:25 PM
3:25 EST so, 12:35 in S8 land. Guess they didn't push the button before heading to lunch

Guardian452
03-24-16, 12:32 PM
I'd love a PM about the new gem trap. I just logged in for the first time so I'm not particularly proficient yet

If you have used up all your energy and you try to collect, a box pops up asking you if you want to buy more energy with gems. If you try to collect from a second building before the box pops up, you wind up spending gems for energy.

fenixx7
03-24-16, 12:36 PM
Are videos for android? IOS here and never had the opportunity to collect gems from videos and I'm on level 38! Nothing showing up for the update yet.

Whatta you know! Went back into my game and I can earn video gems now! Jeesh, all those gems I missed...

katbtodd
If you have used up all your energy and you try to collect, a box pops up asking you if you want to buy more energy with gems. If you try to collect from a second building before the box pops up, you wind up spending gems for energy.

Thanks didn't know about that one

dragongold1

If this is their idea of unlimited energy they talked about then that is not good. :(

29vanilla
03-24-16, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=... clicking on an item when energy is depleted brings up the buy energy screen. a trap?...[/QUOTE]

Haven't experienced this yet bc I'm holding onto to all my energy for update. But the above is from someone else who did. Just a reminder. Tappers beware! I know I've lost my share of gems.

Hoping for a super fun update that doesn't ask for anymore of the ultra ultra rare gold nugget.

Also, so excited to get the video viewing rewards. Been playing a long time and was one of the unlucky ones. Had the icon to view but it never worked. Thanks S8.

katbtodd
Hello out there !!!! Is there any mods on line .. Still no update and no message saying it's going to be late

kdmusgrove

I totally agree. I wish they would go back to the way it was. Gems are MUCH more helpful. Also not a fan of the new pop up energy window. Feels like they are purposely trying to scam us...

katbtodd
03-24-16, 12:41 PM
Haven't experienced this yet bc I'm holding onto to all my energy for update. But the above is from someone else who did. Just a reminder. Tappers beware! I know I've lost my share of gems.

Hoping for a super fun update that doesn't ask for anymore of the ultra ultra rare gold nugget.

Also, so excited to get the video viewing rewards. Been playing a long time and was one of the unlucky ones. Had the icon to view but it never worked. Thanks S8.
Mine keep saying error ... This morning, but when I went in the Baron tent it let me watch for extra cabbages

ktorewqas
03-24-16, 12:47 PM
I need time to get used to this big screen lol

EmilyDragonMasterTwin
03-24-16, 12:51 PM
Still waiting for Bunny update! Not surprised the update so far includes automatic spending of gems if you run out of energy and tap twice, even before the purchase screen pops up.
It's just like how the game auto-centers on a building if you tap near it and it's not ready yet, so that a second tap spends the gems, but if the building is ready, it doesn't auto-center. A clear attempt to steal gems by having different behaviors depending on gem status.

29vanilla
03-24-16, 12:52 PM
Mine keep saying error ... This morning, but when I went in the Baron tent it let me watch for extra cabbages

Oh bummer. Sorry. Maybe that's what I'll be getting tomorrow and not videos...hmm. This game is so random!

PrincessCupOButter
03-24-16, 12:56 PM
I totally agree. I wish they would go back to the way it was. Gems are MUCH more helpful. Also not a fan of the new pop up energy window. Feels like they are purposely trying to scam us...

I understand your frustration, but as a player who only got 2 energy per video, I'm sort of glad to now have a chance at a gem or two. I'm pretty sure the change was to encourage us to watch the ads, because I very rarely watched them before. I'm much more likely to watch the ads, now that I might get a gem or other inventory items. And, let's face it, that's the goal....more $$$ for S8.

As for the big pop-up buy more energy with gems screen....nope, not a fan either. And if it's true that tapping another building before the screen pops up causes an auto purchase (as mentioned a few posts back), then A) that is indeed a gem trap, no other possible explanation for it, and B) I will be extra careful to tap more slowly. As more things like this are added, with no confirmation button, it takes much of the enjoyment from the game.

I'm still waiting to clear, hoping today's update shows up today. But when I do clear, it will be slowly and cautiously.

midsom
03-24-16, 12:59 PM
It is great they changed the watch video for gems, it was unfair that some players got to watch for gems and others didnt, if you were one of the lucky ones that got gems stop complaining and be grateful you had them!

Sandybellee
03-24-16, 12:59 PM
How late is the update now? An hour? Maybe there's a problem like with the petting zoo update. Hoping we still get the update today!

danzplace
03-24-16, 01:03 PM
Just started!

Elen4070
03-24-16, 01:06 PM
Yup just started

I took screenshots but getting error uploading

Sandybellee
03-24-16, 01:07 PM
Yep! Collected from all 9 of my chickens and got 0 pink eggs...

PrincessCelestian
03-24-16, 01:07 PM
Any info yet on where to find the pink glimmer eggs? Searching your kingdom is a bit broad. . .

Elen4070
03-24-16, 01:08 PM
No info yet

kdgulle
03-24-16, 01:08 PM
I got one from Ivys, the small mines and the sawmill. One from the blue flower.

The glimmer forge is 300 gems with 50 as a reward. I don't have enough so I don't know what that is.

Elen4070
03-24-16, 01:10 PM
Any info yet on where to find the pink glimmer eggs? Searching your kingdom is a bit broad. . .

The eggs you get from chickens count towards this, I also chopped wood and got 1 egg, it also counted. Chopped rock, no luck. But it's probably in all actions, flowers, farm, trees and rocks... Probably animals other than chickens too

8hat
03-24-16, 01:11 PM
I did get a glimmer egg from a chicken and 2 out of 3 red trillium plants and now one from the sawmill...seems totally random

nessa005
03-24-16, 01:13 PM
300 gems for the glimmer egg forge with a rebate of 50 is just too much for me. Guess I'm out of this adventure from the start.

PrincessCupOButter
03-24-16, 01:14 PM
Got a glimmer egg from Old Thomas' house and Ivy's hut. None from Sabina, Kaz, or the troll castle. None from the glimmergate either, but maybe next collection. (Glimmer egg...glimmer gate. Seems logical:p)

One from a sawmill and sparkling mine. None from the hatcheries or stables (so far) Also none from Thurston or Griselda yet either.

TheSqueakyNinja
03-24-16, 01:15 PM
I got one from a mine too. Must just be random

paisdelasmaravillas
03-24-16, 01:16 PM
I've got a pink egg from ivy's hut

kdgulle
03-24-16, 01:17 PM
300 gems for the glimmer egg forge with a rebate of 50 is just too much for me. Guess I'm out of this adventure from the start.

Yea me too. I'll collect eggs for the regular quest. Disappointed that you have to spend that many gems for a quest.

AnniePMH
03-24-16, 01:19 PM
Pink egg drops from Rocket Larkspur and Old Thomas's House too:)

Edit: And Pine Trees, Iceland Poppy Patch...

1whitty
03-24-16, 01:19 PM
I got pink glimmer eggs from chickens & 1 mine. None from 6 red trilliums. None from jeweler either. But...since it's so few could be next collection will yield.

perry5
03-24-16, 01:21 PM
It is great they changed the watch video for gems, it was unfair that some players got to watch for gems and others didnt, if you were one of the lucky ones that got gems stop complaining and be grateful you had them!

I'm so very sorry you didn't get gems for watchimg videos prior to this update. I was not aware that some players did and some didn't. But as someone who DID previously receive gems, do I not have the right to express that I preferred how it was for me prior to the update (and what I would have believed was the same for all)? I WAS grateful to receive them (as I said in my post). Now, I am not grateful to have them taken away. Why not just offer 1 gem per video for all?

meme1098
03-24-16, 01:22 PM
Yup just started

I took screenshots but getting error uploading

Since a few updates back, if you make a small edit to the picture (cropping works), you can then upload it.

3 farmhouses, 2 cottages, 2 conservatories = no eggs. Did get one from Thomas House so maybe that's a sure thing there....maybe...lol
Ivy's hut =1
4 mines = 1
2 sawmills =1
Harvest pergola, faerie respite, glimmergate & glimmer garden = 0
Gazebo, faerie tea party, Sabina's house = 0
Mermaid pond, Lorelei's fountain, 2 taverns, 1 theater =0

kooky panda
03-24-16, 02:05 PM
Guys, please use the current Update thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?90198-Castle-03-24-16-Update)

Note: Posts on the new update that were made after the update was created have been moved over.