PDA

View Full Version : New Dragon Tinkerer Dragon Removed

lnztrekfan
03-18-16, 10:59 AM
Had this cutie pop up!
Tinkerer Dragon
Colors: purple, blue, & yellow
On sale: 260 gold

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29537&d=1458323888 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29537&d=1458323888)

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29538&d=1458323948 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29538&d=1458323948)

Coincides with free boosted breeding this weekend and same colors as Fortune Teller Dragon!

Good Luck!

Sandybellee
03-18-16, 11:02 AM
Steampunk! I want this one! And it's the same elements as Fortune Teller so both can be tried for at the same time. :)

lnztrekfan
03-18-16, 11:07 AM
Steampunk! I want this one! And it's the same elements as Fortune Teller so both can be tried for at the same time. :)

Yes! �� Me too! I hope I get at least one or the other. Fingers are crossed!

Niire
03-18-16, 11:14 AM
He's such an adorable baby, and yeah steampunkish epic'd! This is a good weekend of updates. I wouldn't worry too much about Easter stuff btw Sandy, it's next month, and they'll need a world event theme for then...:D

PS...I was GOING to lay down, because my back was ****ing me. Now though...uh, why was I gonna lay down!? Too psyched to do it. :p

silverybunny
03-18-16, 11:18 AM
What would be best combo to try?

Sandybellee
03-18-16, 11:25 AM
He's such an adorable baby, and yeah steampunkish epic'd! This is a good weekend of updates. I wouldn't worry too much about Easter stuff btw Sandy, it's next month, and they'll need a world event theme for then...:D

PS...I was GOING to lay down, because my back was ****ing me. Now though...uh, why was I gonna lay down!? Too psyched to do it. :p

Easter is this month, in about a week from now - Easter Sunday is March 27th. But hopefully they will have some Easter themed stuff, too.

But yes, this was a very good update day in any case! :)

Niire
03-18-16, 11:54 AM
Man...for some reason it's stuck in my head that April is Easter month. I feel like a silly now. Sorry! <3

Leana47
03-18-16, 12:04 PM
Anybody know the breeding time?

zyfazix
03-18-16, 12:15 PM
What would be best combo to try?

I like using Diamond (a lot), so:
Fortune Teller/Tricorn/Starlight x Diamond
Lunar Rainbow/Lollipop x Diamond
Royal x Mercury
Cosmic x Mercury
Rainbow x Anubis

If you don't have Diamond you can use some splitting properties of some minor types to avoid Rainbow/Royal/Cosmic/Night
Rainbow x Magic
Royal/Cosmic x Rainbow
Royal x Water (can give Castle)
Cosmic x Water

If you don't have any of those minor types It's probably best to use Coral x Air, this can result in Cosmic/Royal/Rainbow/Peacock, but not a 23-hour Night. In general I wouldn't suggest using Night anywhere because it gives more possible results when trying for a limited time

There are probably more good options but these are the top few I could think of

lenasdinner
03-18-16, 12:17 PM
Tinkerer Dragon

Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Purple Blue Yellow
Habitat: Purple Gardens, Blue Lagoon, Yellow Plateau
Available at: Level 10
Buying Price: 1,300 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Breeding & Incubation: 15 hours
Exp Gained: 375 Exp

Niire
03-18-16, 12:19 PM
Thanks lena! I have a 21 hr going now...but I did fortune teller and celtic, so it's probably a poison. :P

TwinkleTwiny
03-18-16, 01:02 PM
First attempt (diamond+new year) gives 7hours, seer probably

hiabarara
03-18-16, 01:33 PM
That dragon looks amazing! I haven't liked a dragon this much for a while now :) I'll use my Boosted Breeding time for it.

amerirish
03-18-16, 01:41 PM
OMG, just got a Crownprince 'fail' with Cosmic & Royal :D

Niire
03-18-16, 01:42 PM
Holy cowpies, that's an AWESOME fail, congrats!!

amalsaba
03-18-16, 04:18 PM
Royal x Mercury
Cosmic x Mercury
Rainbow x Anubis

If you don't have Diamond you can use some splitting properties of some minor types to avoid Rainbow/Royal/Cosmic/Night
Rainbow x Magic
Royal/Cosmic x Rainbow
Cosmic x Water

If you don't have any of those minor types It's probably best to use Coral x Air, this can result in Cosmic/Royal/Rainbow/Peacock, but not a 23-hour Night. In general I wouldn't suggest using Night anywhere because it gives more possible results when trying for a limited time

Thank you so much! You did the homework and that's so helpful! I'm usingmagic and rainbow( also hoping for a rainbow hybrid)

sleepygs
03-18-16, 05:03 PM
Shoot. Should have checked here first. My nickname is tinkerer, so this might be the first time I open my wallet if I have to. I guessed at a combo - seer and peacock, don't know what I got, but I'll be trying again with Coral and Air too! Thanks for the help!

(I just noticed you guys say tinkerer is a 15 hour! OMG, I have never been able to breed a limited... I MUST have a fail... Squee!!!!)

silverybunny
03-18-16, 05:51 PM
Royal x Mercury
Cosmic x Mercury
Rainbow x Anubis

Rainbow x Magic
Royal/Cosmic x Rainbow
Cosmic x Water

I have a diamond but none of those you suggested to go with. Is there any other to put with my diamond?

Niire
03-18-16, 05:54 PM
Erm, it wasn't a poison, it was another duchess, lol. And I may have actually bred a beaded as my second "fail"...:D

Purple1364
03-18-16, 09:19 PM
I have a diamond but none of those you suggested to go with. Is there any other to put with my diamond?
You could try Time Travel or Shooting Star if you have either of those.

Niire
03-19-16, 07:33 AM
Okay, so yeah my fail was indeed a beaded! I am loving the fails, lol. :)

persezabar
03-19-16, 10:46 AM

Congrats Niire for this fail. I got Beaded when I was try for Fortune Teller.

sleepygs
03-19-16, 11:33 AM
Oops... Not a Tinker, had the time wrong, but a Tricorn fail. Don't have one, so I'm still happy. Trying again!

luckyaa7
03-19-16, 12:31 PM
Trying for this one witb tricorn and infinity.
16 hours ambassador and now 21 hrs social... I hate long fails...

lenasdinner
03-19-16, 02:45 PM

hey Niire...what combo did you use,I diden't catch that anywhere?

athena238
03-19-16, 02:51 PM
Can someone please verify if this dragon ill be leaving the 25 or just the sale, as I bought fortune teller thinking the dragon was leaving but it is still breedable. Please verify it would be greatly appreciated.

Niire
03-19-16, 03:05 PM
Sorry lena, I used Celtic and Fortune Teller. :)

lenasdinner
03-19-16, 03:18 PM
Sorry lena, I used Celtic and Fortune Teller. :)

thanks....but I always missing somthing,no Celtic this time,but I will try somethig with the same color with Fortune....

lnztrekfan
03-19-16, 05:51 PM
OMG, just got a Crownprince 'fail' with Cosmic & Royal :D

Would love to have Crownprince! But quick question were you using Cosmic and Royal to try to get the Tinkerer cause They both have the same purple and yellow colors. No blues. You probably know this but I was just curious. Congrats by the way! I believe I will try this soon to try for Crownprince!!:)

I tend to use the least amount of color types as needed and try not to use anything that isn't required.
I have 3 islands:
1st island trying my luck with Cosmic and Water since that has the least possible combos with no night fails.
1: Iridescent
2: Mist
3: Mistmoth
4: Ambassader
5: Mist
6: 10 hr breed time
2nd island using Cosmic and Water
1: Cosmos
2: Social
3: Tinkerer!!:)
4: 14 hr breed time
3rd island
Genie and water = Dark Phoenix
Royal and water = Tinkerer!
Royal and water = Genie
Royal and water = 25 hr breed time

cazile81
03-20-16, 05:50 AM
Successfully bred it on my Cas623 account using Rainbow and Sugar Plum with boosted breed. Still currently trying on my main.

persezabar
03-20-16, 08:20 AM
Starlight + Rainbow
1. Ambasador
2. Wizard
3. Mist
4. Penumbra
5. Seer
6. Mist
Rainbow + Royal
7. Ambasador
8. Seer
9.Mist
10. Genie
11. Ambasador
12.Trickster
13. Mist

TwinkleTwiny
03-20-16, 04:32 PM
I keep getting social, that is a long fail 21hours each time

Niire
03-20-16, 08:27 PM
I don't know if this guy wants to come to my isle. I keep hitting all around him, and nada. :(

hungryres
03-21-16, 02:27 AM
my first trial was 25 hr fail (penumbra)
social,
seer
still cooking: 12 hr - still unknown

jlee91587
03-21-16, 03:24 AM

Venetian can also be used with Diamond

amerirish
03-21-16, 05:46 AM
I've been using Royal & Cosmic - got one Crownprince which is awesome for me, but every other attempt has been Genie :(

lnztrekfan
03-21-16, 11:16 AM
I've been using Royal & Cosmic - got one Crownprince which is awesome for me, but every other attempt has been Genie :(

This combo will not give the tinkerer dragon. The only possible combos for this breeding pair are:
Genie
Music
Trickster
Crown prince

You have to put in some blue type: I have had excellent success with Cosmic and Water. Good luck sweetie!

Hepatu
03-21-16, 12:44 PM
Good fails so far. Trickster and ambassador.

debrasbistro
03-21-16, 11:33 PM
Wizard, Mist, Seer, Celestial, etc. etc.

busybee222
03-22-16, 01:17 AM
Diamond +tricorn = 44 hrs fail! Not sure should be happy or unhappy-another Diamond?

amerirish
03-22-16, 06:32 AM
This combo will not give the tinkerer dragon. The only possible combos for this breeding pair are:
Genie
Music
Trickster
Crown prince

You have to put in some blue type: I have had excellent success with Cosmic and Water. Good luck sweetie!

Thanks; put in Water and Eclipse and got 21 hour Social fail :mad:

Niire
03-22-16, 06:41 AM
Hmm, is this one of those super duper super rares? Doesn't seem like alot of folks are reporting success. And if he truly is leaving us on the 25th...that's sad. :(

amerirish
03-22-16, 08:11 AM
Has anyone actually bred this one yet?

roguebee
03-22-16, 08:32 AM
Diamond +tricorn = 44 hrs fail! Not sure should be happy or unhappy-another Diamond?

I was happy when I bred my second Diamond as that gave me one for the Arena at Level 15 and the other for breeding at Level 4.

Niire
03-22-16, 08:33 AM
I saw one person say they did...another said they did too but retracted. Soo it's up in the air, lol. I haven't and put some gold into it too.

Niire
03-22-16, 08:36 AM
Congrats on that! <3 I am jealous, lol! S'all good, diamonds always catch you by surprise. My youngest sister has 3 on her account...that she no longer plays. >< (had to edit because I accidentally quoted myself, when I meant to quote roguebee. Think I need to lay down, haha!)

Niire
03-22-16, 08:43 AM
It's me again! I have to say....if, for some reason, tinkerer isn't actually breedable, I'd like most of my gold back, please. I got a beaded out of this, but I spent a decent chunk trying for this guy (I didn't buy him because of the benefit of breeding him while the event is going). You can keep the gold I spent hatching her etc, but yeah...that's nuts, lol.

persezabar
03-22-16, 09:56 AM
Starlight + Rainbow
1. Ambasador
2. Wizard
3. Mist
4. Penumbra
5. Seer
6. Mist
Rainbow + Royal
7. Ambasador
8. Seer
9.Mist
10. Genie
11. Ambasador
12.Trickster
13. Mist

😥😥😥😥😥
14. Now I breed Fortune Teller, I alredy bought him, because I mean is limited... 😤

Niire
03-22-16, 10:02 AM
I tried so many combos for him...got that beaded, a couple of ambassadors, a penumbra, and several commons (genie, mist etc). Sad panda is sad! :(

Daenerys66
03-22-16, 10:13 AM
Hmm, is this one of those super duper super rares? Doesn't seem like alot of folks are reporting success. And if he truly is leaving us on the 25th...that's sad. :(

I wasn't that excited when I saw it was the same colours as one we just had for a limited.

Daenerys66
03-22-16, 10:15 AM
I was happy when I bred my second Diamond as that gave me one for the Arena at Level 15 and the other for breeding at Level 4.

Always good to have back up Diamonds! For breeding & battling.

lnztrekfan
03-22-16, 10:30 AM
I have bred him on 2 out of 3 islands with Royal and Water and Cosmic and Water. Not so luck my on my main one yet! Lol but I keep trying! First pic is my lower level island. 2nd pic is mid level island and he is still on nest. 3rd pic is close up on 1st island. Keep trying and best of luck! :) I definitely had fails as well they are listed on page 3, but overall very lucky!

Niire
03-22-16, 10:35 AM
Sweet! So he is just being stingy, lol. OR it might be an android vs IoS thing. Personally, I'm android, but I see your arctic isles there. Either way I'll keep trying. I actually tried your combos a few times and got all commons...:(

amerirish
03-22-16, 10:49 AM
Well this dragon just got pushed to the back burner - have you all seen the new Henna dragon?? So gorgeous!!

lnztrekfan
03-22-16, 10:50 AM
Thanks; put in Water and Eclipse and got 21 hour Social fail :mad:

Sorry for your fail, but at least now you may get tinkerer! :) Good Luck Sweetie!

Originally posted by Amerirish
"Well this dragon just got pushed to the back burner - have you all seen the new Henna dragon?? So gorgeous!!"

OMg!!! Thank you I just went and reopened my game and I literally gasped! She is gorgeous!!! I may not even bother to breed but go straight to buy! So beautiful!!!

amerirish
03-22-16, 10:52 AM
Sorry for your fail, but at least now you may get tinkerer! :) Good Luck Sweetie!

Thanks :D Although it seems this guy is really putting the Rare in 'Super Rare' :(

Niire
03-24-16, 05:53 AM
I've got a peacock "fail" out of this now, lol. i am still trying for this guy till he goes tomorrow, then I'll try for Henna. I didn't have a peacock so not so fail fail number 2.

Amerish, gosh i agree. He's terrible to get apparently. I think he's sooo adorable though. Must...keep....trying...(and maybe he just will go off sale tomorrow? Maybe? LOL)

amerirish
03-24-16, 07:23 AM
Can we get an official answer as to whether this dragon will be gone tomorrow or if it will just not be on sale anymore?? FlatFoot? Please and thank you :)

blueangel826
03-25-16, 12:15 AM
What is the end time on this cutie? I know it's the 25th, but don't think I was ever this close to end & still trying!

Jagger517
03-25-16, 02:23 AM
I want this dragon so much, he's so beautiful and I love Steampunk! I even activated my second breeding den again, and I don't have any treasure dragons to offset the gold.

I've gotten Social, two Ambassadors, Celestial, Dark Phoenix, Iridescent, Trickster, and about a dozen Mists and Corals ... but no Tinkerer! *wails and makes an ugly cry face*

Seems like he's an Extreme Ultra Impossible Rare! Oh, you've never heard of the E.U.I.R. type? Yeah, it's the sooper-secret type that S8 can sneakily activate and de-activate at will. It's usually only used during Tales, but is apparently now also used on the weekly "get it now" dragons. :mad:

amerirish
03-25-16, 06:44 AM
Took my last 2 chances to breed this one: Water & Cosmic - fail and Wizard & Air - fail :mad:

So not going to get this one because I'm not spending gold to buy it. Congrats to the few who were successful breeding this dragon.

Niire
03-25-16, 08:56 AM
Looks like maybe 1 or 2 people were successful. I just got a mist fail, followed by either a genie or godmother fail. No tinkerer for me, so sad...:(

Jagger517
03-25-16, 02:29 PM
Very disappointed, and more than a little bit angry, to see this one go.

I sincerely wonder if s8 messed up the programming and that's why only a few players were able to get him?

twospoons
11-27-16, 09:46 AM
Re-listed for BF 2016