PDA

View Full Version : Sound problem

Creed1951
03-17-16, 10:05 AM
The sound on Clue Bingo (Android device) has suddenly become sporadic. It was working fine until yesterday. It works fine on all my other games, i.e. Monopoly Bingo. Any ideas on how to fix? The sound effects and music are set to on, just only hear part of the countdown and then dead air. I have a little over 200 dice and would really hate to lose them, as I like to play this game a lot. Appreciate all help. Thanks.

SparklyOctopus
03-17-16, 10:12 AM
Sorry to hear that! Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that will fix the audio issue? Thanks!

mzseaward
03-17-16, 10:25 AM
Im also having sound problems... if i uninstall will i lose my dice?

kooky panda
03-17-16, 10:28 AM
Your game progress is saved on the storm 8 servers so you will not lose any items.

mzseaward
03-17-16, 10:46 AM
sound still does not work after reinstalling

SparklyOctopus
03-17-16, 11:04 AM
sound still does not work after reinstalling

Could you double check and make sure in Settings that both sounds are turned on? If so, could you double check your device settings to see that audio is turned on as well?

mzseaward
03-17-16, 11:07 AM
Yes all sounds are on. The music will play in the beginning and then will stop once beginning the game

SparklyOctopus
03-17-16, 11:23 AM
Could you let us know which room you're entering? Ill take a look.

Creed1951
03-17-16, 11:38 AM
Could you let us know which room you're entering? Ill take a look.

I am also still having the same problems. It does not matter which room I am entering. I went back and entered the Kitchen and still have the same issue. I hear music and "Welcome Back," but once I enter the room all sound is dead. Sound is fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S and both sounds are turned on in the game settings. I also play Monopoly Bingo, and it is totally fine. Thanks.

Creed1951
03-17-16, 11:43 AM
Just FYI. I also turned off my tablet after reinstalling and then turned it back on.

mzseaward
03-17-16, 11:50 AM
I am also still having the same problems. It does not matter which room I am entering. I went back and entered the Kitchen and still have the same issue. I hear music and "Welcome Back," but once I enter the room all sound is dead. Sound is fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S and both sounds are turned on in the game settings. I also play Monopoly Bingo, and it is totally fine. Thanks.

Exact same thing as Creed1951.

mzseaward
03-17-16, 06:46 PM
anything?

SparklyOctopus
03-17-16, 07:28 PM
We're currently looking into this. In the meantime, when you're mid game, can you try toggling the sound off and on and see if you can hear the numbers being called out?

Fireykitten
03-18-16, 12:09 AM
I am also experiencing the same issues with my game. I toggled the sound,restarted my phone and still no sound in the game. It will say welcome back you hear the music for a few minutes then nothing!

Aolson10883
03-20-16, 08:48 PM
Having the same issue!

aprilgiggles
03-21-16, 05:56 AM
Im having the same problem and its very frustrating! I rely on the sound to know when my boots are ready since I'm trying to manually play all my cards. I don't have time to watch cards and look up to see if my Boost is ready.

Creed1951
03-21-16, 10:19 AM
Im having the same problem and its very frustrating! I rely on the sound to know when my boots are ready since I'm trying to manually play all my cards. I don't have time to watch cards and look up to see if my Boost is ready.

Mine finally started working. No idea why. I restarted several times, deleted and redownloaded twice, toggled the sound on and off a few times, and suddenly it started working. Hopefully yours will too.

Noladawn1
03-22-16, 05:31 PM
My sound has not worked in over a week. I have tried all suggested fixes to no avail. Please fix this I have over 200 dice and do not want to lose them.
Thanks

Dreamer21988
04-09-16, 04:49 PM
I have the same problem I've tried all of these things and I haven't had sound for about 3 weeks now maybe longer I have well over 400 dice I would love to play lots more like I used to but it's frustrating with no sound is there going to be an update to fix this issue?

kooky panda
04-27-17, 09:04 AM
Update:

Hi Missy,

We know the root cause of this issue, and unfortunately it's due to a core engine issue with the current engine version we're using. The good news is we'll be upgrading our engine version soon (currently this is scoped for 2.5.1 for MONOPOLY Bingo and CLUE Bingo, although the Android version of Bingo 2.4.9 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sharkparty.bingo) has this fixed already, if you want to see it in action).

As Sunlessbeam mentioned, there's a workaround. Active audio will only get interrupted when the game starts. If you pull down the slider from the top of the screen, resume your Pandora (or Google Play Music, or another source) audio, and multitask back in, you can keep playing with your custom background audio. However, as Sunlessbeam noted, this will silence all in-game sounds, so you won't hear ball callouts or in-game music.

I can't give you a firm release date for 2.5.1 since the engine upgrade is a big undertaking, but it will happen Soon(tm), and your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank you for playing!