PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Tales feedback for Storm8

Jagger517
03-12-16, 11:14 PM
Storm8 does several things right with the Dragon Tales, but they also make some choices that are very inconvenient for players. This thread is for telling them which is which.

No complaints without suggestions, please!

1) In the previous Dragon Tales, we had to use a black gem for crafting. But in this one, we don't need to use any gems, only the items we get from questing. Thank you for listening!!! <3

2) Since the red scarab's drop rate is lowered, it can be crafted with blue and green scarabs. This is an excellent idea, and much appreciated!
- However, I think it should be extended to *all* of the quest items, eg 3 blue scarabs + 3 red scarabs = 1 green scarab, or 2 spices + 2 green scarabs = 1 oil lamp.
- Either that, or change the way the quests work so that all drops are guaranteed. Or just have more quests.

3) Mid- and high-level players shouldn't have to waste valuable planting/harvesting on impruberries and fireapples. Let/make us plant Rushrooms and Upgrapes!

4) Less-specific breeding goals would be greatly appreciated. Instead of having to hatch a Love, how about just any two-color dragon with red? Instead of Fruitful, make it ANY yellow/green! That way, we still have to work at it, but it's interesting and challenging, not frustrating and desperation-inducing.

5) Following on from the above, have logical hatching goals after the breeding. For example, Act 4 of a chapter will have us breed a Fire, but then Act 1 of the next chapter is to hatch a non-red dragon! o.O

6) I think a lot of players will agree with me that the prize dragons need to be evolved up TOO high. Level 7 is no problem, and level 10 is fine, but levels 12 and 14? That's a LOT of food that could be otherwise spent on dragons that we WANT to evolve. Yes, I know, participating in the Tales is optional, and if I don't want to spend the food then I don't "deserve" the final prize... but is that really how you want to treat your players? Don't you want happy players who enjoy raising their dragons, as opposed to resentful ones?

Thank you for reading, I hope this thread gives you guys some useful feedback from your players/customers.

Jackiesq
03-13-16, 02:49 AM
I will repeat your points 3, 5 and 6! (Others less important for me, but also nice)

7-Thanks there's no tournament this time during the Tales!

8-Can't we get an act to raise one of your dragons from level 10 to level 14 iso the Tales dragon? (Only for the acts where we have to raise above level 10. First acts to raise the Tales dragon to level 10 can stay).
This way we can do the new one from the Tales, so everyone has one.
Or choose that one we want to get to a higher level (even if foodcost are higher), because we wanted them higher for breeding primes or battles...

BlackKat9
03-13-16, 03:59 AM
I greatly appreciate that this time components can be crafted. It's more interesting to do some additional crafting over the ten days, not just questing.

My main complaint is that we have to raise dragons for insane amounts of food that aren't even useful in fights. Some in the past at least had great payout rates or rarer elements, but I'm sick of having five or more 10+ level dragons that are next to useless after the event is over. It would be great to either lower the level required, or give the dragons some punch. I've had to postpone raising a second champion to 15 for months because I want to do all the tales, at least to the second dragon. It's getting frustrating.

Clark_Wayne
03-13-16, 06:21 PM
i agree with the fact raising tales dragons over level 10 is waste of time and food, unless we have crops that give us more food (like 100 000 apples for 10h :D)

planting/harvesting impruberries or fireapples in tales ? it is not a problem to my opinion, just a matter of good planning. this is a way to teach us how to manage our time :D

i agree with 1) and 2) totally :)

Kennedward
03-13-16, 06:26 PM
Storm8 does several things right with the Dragon Tales, but they also make some choices that are very inconvenient for players. This thread is for telling them which is which.

No complaints without suggestions, please!

1) In the previous Dragon Tales, we had to use a black gem for crafting. But in this one, we don't need to use any gems, only the items we get from questing. Thank you for listening!!! <3

2) Since the red scarab's drop rate is lowered, it can be crafted with blue and green scarabs. This is an excellent idea, and much appreciated!
- However, I think it should be extended to *all* of the quest items, eg 3 blue scarabs + 3 red scarabs = 1 green scarab, or 2 spices + 2 green scarabs = 1 oil lamp.
- Either that, or change the way the quests work so that all drops are guaranteed. Or just have more quests.

3) Mid- and high-level players shouldn't have to waste valuable planting/harvesting on impruberries and fireapples. Let/make us plant Rushrooms and Upgrapes!

4) Less-specific breeding goals would be greatly appreciated. Instead of having to hatch a Love, how about just any two-color dragon with red? Instead of Fruitful, make it ANY yellow/green! That way, we still have to work at it, but it's interesting and challenging, not frustrating and desperation-inducing.

5) Following on from the above, have logical hatching goals after the breeding. For example, Act 4 of a chapter will have us breed a Fire, but then Act 1 of the next chapter is to hatch a non-red dragon! o.O

6) I think a lot of players will agree with me that the prize dragons need to be evolved up TOO high. Level 7 is no problem, and level 10 is fine, but levels 12 and 14? That's a LOT of food that could be otherwise spent on dragons that we WANT to evolve. Yes, I know, participating in the Tales is optional, and if I don't want to spend the food then I don't "deserve" the final prize... but is that really how you want to treat your players? Don't you want happy players who enjoy raising their dragons, as opposed to resentful ones?

Thank you for reading, I hope this thread gives you guys some useful feedback from your players/customers.

Totally agree with you, especially 3), I spent so much food getting those new dragons to LV14 and LV12, which imo isn't a good choice cause I would prefer to use my food on other dragons that I like, not these new Tales dragons that I just got.

mayday2001
03-14-16, 11:51 AM
I agree with raising dragons to 10 only. I stopped at ch 8 in tales since I like to use my food on other dragons. I like the idea of evolving one of our own dragons to lvl 14( our choice). Either that or stop having tales so often. Once every 3 months would be plenty in my opinion.
Also don't like having to breed specific dragons especially when there is limited dragons to try for. Trying for beaded and fortune teller meanwhile using up time to have fruitful and love sitting on nest. That is probably part that annoys me the most. Why not make it a "yellow hybrid"
That's my take. Thx for listening

harobeda
03-14-16, 10:49 PM
I like my dragon tale dragons to go into the habitat they make for that tales. Since the habitat holds 10,000 coins can we make the level 14 a decent earner? Aladdin earns 530/hr at level 14. That's pathetic.

Also - put runestones requirements BEFORE requiring a dragon to be a certain level.

TwiWoods
03-15-16, 11:12 AM
For my high level account, I wouldn't mind raising dragons to a high level if we had a crop that gave us more food in a shorter amount of time - like 1,000 apples a hour for 1 million (or 10 million even!) coins. I have a ridiculous amount of coins and would spend it in a heartbeat for faster crops. Even if it was only temporary during tales.

amerirish
03-15-16, 12:56 PM
My biggest frustration with the tales events is having to breed a common dragon while also trying for whatever limited time dragon(s) are in the market at the same time. Really, pick one option at a time please! Personally, I hate breeding any common dragon on purpose but wouldn't mind as much if it didn't take time away from attempts at a limited time super rare dragon.

I also agree with the points regarding feeding the prize dragons past level 10 - there are only a few that are useful later in battles (like Banshee & Splatter). We should be able to feed any dragon to level 14 as it would satisfy both the requirement and the player.

As for planting certain kinds of food, I don't mind that at all. Actually I like those tasks because they are easy and short timed (one hour max is awesome).

Bastiaan0
03-15-16, 03:13 PM
I agree...

1) Feeding dragons above level 10 is a waste of food, I actually skipped feeding Aladdin to level 14 (72 gold for 105k apples is quite cheap, imo. If I had done the math beforehand I would have skipped feeding him to level 11, too, yielding even more apples per gold. Next tales I will do those maths again, as my gold giving dragons give me enough gold)

2) Breeding specific common dragons is too much of a headache, although I was quite lucky on that.

3) Breeding Fire or Forest is too easy, breeding with another Fire (or Forest) gives only 10 or 20 seconds fail.

4) Planting/harvesting impruberries and firapples is just a waste of farming time, I really like the suggestion of temporarely high food yielding crops.

5) Also quite lucky, but stilll annoying are the random questing drops (please make it only one prize per quest)

DeeDe99
03-15-16, 03:50 PM
I hate to be the odd one out here, but I like being motivated to feed the dragons up. I find all of them have been useful in the Arena, Beast particularly (now my 4th highest fighter over a total of 822 battles). Out of the same 822 battles, just by comparison, Splatter has a measly 1 win. Perhaps my fault as I probably give Prime Chroma more opportunity (when typing is appropriate).

Without the motivational drive of the Tales, I'd probably never get anything to higher levels! I'd still be "bit-feeding" the masses.

Personally, I no longer find food production much of a problem. Sure, a faster crop would be nice, but I suspect it might make the game rather too easy and therefore it would be boring. I DO think with the increased number of dragons, it may well be time for Storm8 to review the overall game economy and better crops may well be warranted to support the increased numbers. When was a new crop last introduced?

PinkBubbles75
03-15-16, 04:19 PM
I don't like that we have to raise the tales dragons past 10. I think it's just a waste of food at that point. I would much rather have to raise them to level 7 or at least lower the food amounts per level. 300,000 something foods just for 2 dragons? I'd rather use that amount on my other dragons. Maybe it'd be better to make the total food amount between both dragons, like 50,000. I also think the crafting is starting to get too complex. Why not just have one specific item we need to craft?

jjblueyes
03-15-16, 04:46 PM
food IS a pain in the rear. Period. We need better/more ways to get food. I've got everything else going good after years of playing but food is forever an issue and I can't even start on my kids island where they just can't get ahead. Takes money to expand/ money to dig up the plants and if that's not a priority then they get land locked. They certainly haven't got to where they can spend 75.000 for the larger food amounts. Of course it takes time but the amount of food they need for tales doesn't reflect how hard the food is for them. If you are good on food great. Many, many people are not.
Jen

Kennedward
03-17-16, 06:35 AM
food IS a pain in the rear. Period. We need better/more ways to get food. I've got everything else going good after years of playing but food is forever an issue and I can't even start on my kids island where they just can't get ahead. Takes money to expand/ money to dig up the plants and if that's not a priority then they get land locked. They certainly haven't got to where they can spend 75.000 for the larger food amounts. Of course it takes time but the amount of food they need for tales doesn't reflect how hard the food is for them. If you are good on food great. Many, many people are not.
Jen

I actually made a suggestion thread a year or so ago about food, too bad nothing's been done about it though

azorisland
03-17-16, 07:00 AM
Hello,I agree with everything is said I play DS more then 3years and for the last 3 dragon tales I don't have the last dragon reason????FOOD
TIRED of spending my gems and real $$$ on third dragon not worted and I can tell about FANTASY FOREST the same is happening but it's just a game .
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF YOU God Bless .

Niire
03-17-16, 08:38 AM
What can I say? i agree with pretty much everything Jagger has to say about it. I love the idea of raising one of our own dragons past 10, if that's the route S8 wants us to take...as in, if they WANT us raising dragons to 12/13/14/15...I'd rather it be one I choose. Now, I must also agree, beast has turned out to be a um...beast, lol, in the arena. And some of the others as well, king and jack come to mind. Still, if I want to raise a dragon, say my diamond right now, to 15, I can't really do it, because I am always cautious of the next tales, lol. The ones I am raising just to level 10 are reasonably priced ones, because I don't wanna hog up that precious food on one dragon when there might be a tales round the bend. :( What can i say, I am a dragon hoarder, I think I might need an intervention! :p

Jen, i feel for your kids, and any of the lower level players out there. We were all in that boat once before...but now, it's compounded big time.There are lots of folks with much better ideas than I have on how to fix these issues, so I'll leave it to them...unless divine intervention smacks me in the back of the head, and I can actually come up with something that'd be...awesomesauce. :p

Anyways yeah, gee, Niire, ramble on again! Heehee. I'll stop there. Keep fighting the good fight peeps! <3

1460qu
10-15-16, 06:29 AM
How do you raise dragons above level10

tesababy
10-15-16, 08:57 AM
Go to the market and buy a noble crystal to place on your island

bravewarrior
10-15-16, 08:16 PM
Since food is an issue with tales, why can't the tale ask us to make 1 hour or 5 hour food. This way we can choose if we want or can make diamondites or pumpwings depending on what farms are on our board. Thank you for listening.

StefaninaFla
10-15-16, 08:36 PM
The food requirements are flat ridiculous. In order to save up enough food to the next tale, I did not feed any dragon between the last one and this one, was growing every waking minute, and STILL am running short now.
I have so many level 1 dragons because I cannot feed them for fear another tale might start!

mayday2001
10-16-16, 11:01 AM
Absolutely agreed!! I am short on food also. Level 200 and can't plant food fast enough. We need better farms or as was mentioned before, let each individual choose which dragon to raise to 13/14. Thank you

kooky panda
10-18-16, 10:40 AM
Thread has gotten off topic about the feedback on the tales.
Closing.

The feedback from post 1 has been pass over.