PDA

View Full Version : Buildings don't appear cleaned & Other issues

Unregistered
08-14-10, 08:03 PM
I've had people post on my wall since I've last collected from my residences & businesses but it doesn't look like any of my buildings have been cleaned. I've also checked my news feed & there are posts there since I last collected but again it doesn't look like any of my buildings have been cleaned. None of them have the stars above them. How often am I allowed to collect from buildings so more ppl can clean for me?

I'm also having trouble posting to peoples walls when I've cleaned for them. It was working earlier but not now.

How do I get help with these problems?

Unregistered
08-14-10, 08:28 PM
Aaaahhh!!!
Now both are working again. Since this post I've collected from my businesses & residences twice. I hope these issues are short lived, it's made a fun game very frustrating. 

little pea
08-14-10, 09:47 PM
these kind of problem happens when the game didn't refresh everytime people clean your city, i suppose it's the same problem as farm story before.. i hope the will do something about this.. refresh the game everytime user logged in..

Unregistered
08-14-10, 10:09 PM
If you turn off the app in the multitasking menu, then go back into the app, you can see your recently cleaned buildings to collect from them. This is a major bug. There needs to be an easier way to refresh. Quite annoying with the frequency of visits I receive.

Daniel922866
08-15-10, 07:39 AM
I had exactly the same problem and was wondering about. Also I never saw that any of my houses gets cleaned.

I did following:
Disabled wireless, switched off my iPod and switched on again. After wireless access I started CityStory and it was loading with start screen. Afterwards I could see all the gifts and also that all my houses are cleaned.

Looks like there is a refresh problem, so that we cant see all changes in our city while running the game. Also open neighbors city and go back to home screen doesn't work.

Daniel922866
08-15-10, 07:43 AM
I'm using iPod 2nd generation 32GB with newest OS. Where can I find this multitasking menu?

Unregistered
08-15-10, 07:56 AM
Try this to force a refresh of your city without restarting the game: go to add a neighbour but just type in some random characters. You'll get a message the id is not found, but a side effect is that it seems to refresh your city (at least for me).

Daniel922866
08-15-10, 08:04 AM
Try this to force a refresh of your city without restarting the game: go to add a neighbour but just type in some random characters. You'll get a message the id is not found, but a side effect is that it seems to refresh your city (at least for me).

Work for me as well - Thanks for the tipp!

But I also want to know where I can find the multitasking screen setup on my iPod 2nd generation. Just walked trough the whole setup screen but nothing there!

Unregistered
08-15-10, 01:25 PM
I checked the settings menu but couldn't find anything labeled multitasking. Can someone please direct me to where this is? I'm on an iPhone 3GS w/ iOS 4+

Unregistered
08-15-10, 02:52 PM
Exit the game and double click the home button. When you double click the home button on your iPod, you should see the 4 most recent apps you've used. Tap and hold any of them until you see the red and white minus symbols (as if you were going to delete or reorganize your apps). Tap the minus symbol and city story will go away. Now when you go back into the game, it will be refreshed as described above.
If you double click home and you're taken to the search page, then you don't have iOS 4 and you don't have multitasking.

Unregistered
08-15-10, 02:59 PM
This app has froze on me several times for serveral hours. It says processing while it's frozen. Getting annoyed with it and ready to delete if not fixed soon.

Unregistered
08-15-10, 04:37 PM
Thank u 4 the multi-tasking answer!!!

Unregistered
08-15-10, 06:16 PM
The multitasking is brought up nt double clicking the home button. Then press and hold the icon you want to close and when the red negative shows press it. It will only close the app not delete it.

Daniel922866
08-15-10, 10:48 PM
Exit the game and double click the home button. When you double click the home button on your iPod, you should see the 4 most recent apps you've used. Tap and hold any of them until you see the red and white minus symbols (as if you were going to delete or reorganize your apps). Tap the minus symbol and city story will go away. Now when you go back into the game, it will be refreshed as described above.
If you double click home and you're taken to the search page, then you don't have iOS 4 and you don't have multitasking.

Thank you very much!

Underegistered
08-16-10, 06:07 AM
Okay, many iDevices can be updated to iOS4 but only the 4th. Generation iPhones, iPod Touches and the iPad support multitasking in this operation system. If you have an older device and want to force a refresh with regard to the display of clean buildings then I have posted a workaround here: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?913-A-little-harvesting-tip..

Please, let me know what device you are using and how well it works for you. My 2nd. Gen iPod Touch enjoys a significant improvement under this method, though it will not prevent any crashing out of the game and/or freezing that is still happening to many.

little pea
08-16-10, 08:30 AM

thank you so much!! it works!
but on the other hand, the GM should look into this problem and ask their programmer to fix this... cant really rely on players to solve all problem ya ?

Unregistered
08-16-10, 12:55 PM
I'm using iPod 2nd generation 32GB with newest OS. Where can I find this multitasking menu?

double tap the home button

Ellie
08-16-10, 02:17 PM
The inability to refresh has to do with the new OS upgrade and the introduction of multitasking. To refresh please follow the instructions posted by the other player. Thanks for posting the instructions. :cool:

Not solely iOS4. I have 3.1.3 and it doesn't refresh. Even the fake id doesn't work sometimes. Definitely not as smooth as FS.

janet14
08-18-10, 08:04 AM
I found this in another thread and it works... and it's much faster than deleting the app or removing it from the multi-tasking bar:

Go to add a neighbour but just type in some random characters. You'll get a message the id is not found, but a side effect is that it seems to refresh your city.

It works great for me.

Unregistered
08-19-10, 03:40 AM
I found this in another thread and it works... and it's much faster than deleting the app or removing it from the multi-tasking bar:

Go to add a neighbour but just type in some random characters. You'll get a message the id is not found, but a side effect is that it seems to refresh your city.

It works great for me.

Quicker still to post on a wall, even your own. Type a letter or two and your done.

Death Farmer
08-19-10, 06:18 AM
You can also just open and close your inventory to force your city to refresh. This trick doesn't work in Farm Story.

Unregistered
08-20-10, 02:39 PM
I had to finally do a hard shut down of my ipod touch 64GB to be able to write on people's walls again and thus be able to collect from my cleaned buildings. It would help if the updates of cleaned buildings could show up simultaneously and not have to get out of the app and shut down the whole device to update. It is very frustrating!