PDA

View Full Version : Lower Rune Price for Expansion

viridium
03-08-16, 02:25 PM
I am liking this game a lot but innlast time I noticed that there is still no change in the runes you must find to expand.Now I should find 72 Runes for one Expansion?Sorry TL you should not throwing out 100 Events a month with 20 pets and weekly new pets when player cant find space for them.I have over 15 pets which are prices and none got in the nest because I only have two free zones left and every silly Story book thing takes one zone for two pets and two Common scrap pets to take on.
The Rune price should get slow down to 50-60 Runes or more bombs .I am sure most players are suffering from not enough space to let their pets come out thanks too high runes cost!
DS only want 48 Maps but has more space and more bombs! No one likes it too see this big differences here.
I hope it can change with more support of other players here

snowy107
03-12-16, 11:20 PM
I am about to quit over this very issue. It takes me far too long to get one expansion space for 3 (or if I spend real money, 4) new animals. I really like the amusing animals that continue to be created, but if I can't store them or display them, then what's the point?

More runes would also help a lot. I average a pathetic 2 runes/collections and can barely force myself to make 2 collections a day.

mahou_
03-14-16, 07:09 AM
Yes please! I am considering quitting the game beacuse I have to sell rare animals to fit new ones. Honestly, I pay 70 runes and Its far too much. I used to love this game beacuse I could collect cute animals. But if I cant collect them beacuse there is no space, whats the point? Do something about this!!!

MelodicStars
03-27-16, 03:56 PM
Hello! Before I start my rant/plea, I apologize if I come off as rude or selfish. In the end, if it's not possible to lower the amount of runes needed to expand, I'm okay with that. But I'm not going down without trying.

I understand the game is not supposed to be super easy and spoon feed you all the time, but it's no fun when it takes nearly a FULL MONTH (more or less, it depends) to clear up space for a SINGLE habitat. I'm getting more animals than I can handle and the amount of runes I need is not helping, especially with the long breeding times. It's also a bit of a problem when an event that gives you a habitat comes out since there's most likely not enough room.
I want to ask if there could be any possibility of lowering the amount of runes needed to expand (possibly 40-60?) I think the cost in terms of coins are fine but I hate how I have all these awesome animals I want to bring out and I simply don't have the space for them.

I'm sorry if there's already a thread on this, but I rest my case. Feel free to speak your opinions and thoughts as well.

ciarjen
03-30-16, 08:39 AM
Hello! Before I start my rant/plea, I apologize if I come off as rude or selfish. In the end, if it's not possible to lower the amount of runes needed to expand, I'm okay with that. But I'm not going down without trying.

I understand the game is not supposed to be super easy and spoon feed you all the time, but it's no fun when it takes nearly a FULL MONTH (more or less, it depends) to clear up space for a SINGLE habitat. I'm getting more animals than I can handle and the amount of runes I need is not helping, especially with the long breeding times. It's also a bit of a problem when an event that gives you a habitat comes out since there's most likely not enough room.
I want to ask if there could be any possibility of lowering the amount of runes needed to expand (possibly 40-60?) I think the cost in terms of coins are fine but I hate how I have all these awesome animals I want to bring out and I simply don't have the space for them.

I'm sorry if there's already a thread on this, but I rest my case. Feel free to speak your opinions and thoughts as well.

I have the same problem here.

I have 51 animals in storage.

I have stopped doing tournaments - no point.

I have stopped breeding to get new animals - no point.

It's taking about 3 weeks to clear a space to get a habitat.

In that 3 week period I am getting more than 3 animals from events, so always a net result of animals having to go into storage.

To even participate in the events, like the Easter Bunny one I have had to sell all my commons and a lot of the rares. The problem is compounded by quests to hatch animals which are not needed.

As a player none of this makes sense. The game is really out of balance. 51 animals in storage and growing. I am not using gems like I used to because I can't participate in tournaments now.

I am now at the point of asking myself if I should continue playing this game.

rado_nik
08-01-16, 06:17 AM
I have other question:
Why we receive bomb only from breeding (1 bomb every 6 hours if I'm not wrong)?
Why we can't receive bomb from evolving too - it stay and do nothing but storybook and few tasks like Zodiacs

devnil
01-11-17, 11:52 PM
I have been playing Fantasy Forest Story for a few years now and have almost completely lost interest due to the tedium of the expansion mechanic. I have to mine for runes to expand. The only way to get these is to breed. When there is no place to put the creatures you breed, then you need to expand, and the only way to get more turns in the mines is to breed, so you have to choose some creature to sell just to get a chance to expand once. Having to get 70 runes to expand means spending a lot of unrewarding time in the mines and that's not the part of this game that makes it interesting.

Having to get so many runes also makes me try to game the contests to *not* win first prize because only the lower prize categories include free expansion runes. I purposefully tried to finish the last contest in the place that gave me the most expansion runes, forgoing an easy win on points for a new creature I wouldn't even be able to hatch because it's so hard to expand to make room for it in the first place.

My wife quit the game over the expansion requirements being so frustrating. I've stuck it out through level 92 now, and I both don't have room to expand and have *never* one been able to breed the crystal unicorn despite trying the entire time since it first became a goal (except the random times I have a time limited goal like the recent volcamel one that will apparently never happen either due to armordillo weed results).

I've looked at several other high level players in the game, and I see a pervasive lack of expansions, and the new animal placed in a new area that requires at least 12 more expansions beyond my last two on the way to it means that I will need to collect 12 * 70 = 620 rune stones to expand to it, and that means approximately 310 more tedious visits to the mines fueled by more than 300 more breedings that I can't even use the results of likely averaging about one day per breeding or a full year of tedium. I don't think they realized the ramifications of things when they designed this expansion mechanism into the game.

comeseecomesah
01-12-17, 01:44 AM
A lot of people feel like you do,including me. Everything now is geared for those who can/are willing to spend gems to expand or complete tasks.

Phoenix406
01-17-17, 05:41 PM
Yes, yes, 100% agree with everything @devnil said. I have only been playing for 2.5 months but have leveled up pretty quickly and now require 70 runes per expansion. Getting runes from breeding alone means it will take me about two weeks per expansion. Only being able to place one habitat per expansion, and each habitat holding 4 animals, I can only hatch 4 new animals every two weeks?!? What is the fun in that? This issue desperately needs to be addressed.

Ellerslie6
01-29-17, 10:06 AM
Yes, yes, 100% agree with everything @devnil said. I have only been playing for 2.5 months but have leveled up pretty quickly and now require 70 runes per expansion. Getting runes from breeding alone means it will take me about two weeks per expansion. Only being able to place one habitat per expansion, and each habitat holding 4 animals, I can only hatch 4 new animals every two weeks?!? What is the fun in that? This issue desperately needs to be addressed.

Ditto, ditto, ditto.
I believe all FF players feel like us and yet the developers make no changes. I can only assume that new players keep the momentum going. I would be interested in a survey of all 60+ level players as to what changes would encourage them to keep playing and using gems. After all once we get bored /frustrated we stop using gems to speed up. Economically it would be sensible for game owner to ensure we continue playing.

animaljam2020
01-31-17, 09:23 PM
not to mention 5 million coins to expand

supster50
06-11-18, 03:49 AM
Well I guess I won!t be playing any games like the Story Book where I!m forced to place animals in my forest because u guys are makein it tuff to expand. 99 ruines to expand, come on man. I have nearly a hundred animals in storage I can?t place now. I have lots of space left it just takes to long to get 99 ruines to expand. So I?ll play in events where the critters I win will go straight into storage. In the last year or so S8 has made it harder and less fun to play. Soon u guys will just be a memory I?m sorry to say. Good luck to all!

Alohatami
09-04-18, 10:24 AM
I agree with everything that has already been said. I currently have 49 creatures in storage that I cannot put into my forest, because expanding has not kept up with the inflow of new creatures. It takes soooooooo long to earn enough runes to expand. But then, after you purchase the expansion, you still have to wait another half a day for it to actually open. AND THEN, you have to clear obstructions ranging from 20 minutes to 33 hours. 33 HOURS? Seriously? At the moment I'm staying far, far away from the upper ice island with its 33 hour obstructions. The rune gathering process by itself takes long enough that once we can open the expansion, it should be immediately usable. The fact that it can take hours to days longer to be usable is ridiculous. Thanks to the current Labor Day sale, I finally acquired the Concussive Canary, to hopefully speed up my expansion process, but even at 50% off, that was about at my outer limit of what I can spend on a month at this game. The costs of most things in this game are really quite steep, but that's entirely another rant.

Akiiklaki
09-15-18, 02:47 PM
I wish that S8 team could get this message, I get so many animals so fast but I don't have enough runes to expand so quickly. I need 78 runes now,and by the time I get them I have to sell at least three animals to put the ones I need at the moment,not to mention that I have 5 animals in storage..So if S8 can cut the number of runes or to make something up so it is easier to get them.

maggiegator
11-29-18, 09:09 PM
Ditto what others have said. This has nearly broken my interest in the game on multiple occasions.

I have no qualms with spending real money on games I really love. ALL my current habitats are either ones that cost gems, or ones from events... because I had to sell off every normal (available for coins) habitat that I could in order to get more room.

I played Dragon Story before I got into FFS, and it was far more efficient. On that game, you are able to ask neighbors to give you expansion materials. It saves so much time. On here, it takes around a week on average to be able to get an expansion. Meanwhile, I'm almost out of room for new animals. The only reason I'm not already is because of the premium habitats that hold 4 or 5 animals each.

The closest I've come to quitting was on Black Friday. Huge sale, tons of things I wanted... no room to put a darn thing. I limited myself to a small cluster of new habitats and a couple new animals. Everything else I had to basically say "oh well" to and hope it comes back later at some point. But seriously, how stupid is your system when it prevents people from spending real money? (I know that technically I could pay gems to expand, but it's 100+ gems to do that each time, because of how many runes are required for each expansion, and that's an absolute waste and I refuse to do that part.)

It's also infuriating that this has always been an issue, plenty of people are upset about it, and it still has not been changed. Makes me really annoyed at the game's developers/staff, tbh.

marikoz17
12-20-18, 09:48 AM
Yeap, reaching that pt where I'll B quitting the game and finding me another entertaining one... 78 runes for one expansion? Plus the hrs it takes to clear it up (not bad actually), but the hrs to build a habitat (12-24?!), to place only 3 animals?? And seems like the rune requirements get higher w each level; and I'm only getting 2 from mining. By the time i want to buy a habitat and animal that would give me a rune a day, I'm needing a regular habitat for my egg-ready creatures :rolleyes: