PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Combos and Questions Part IV

Pages : [1] 2

kooky panda
03-08-16, 11:18 AM
Hey guys the previous Breeding discussion thread has gone over 100 pages .

Starting up a new thread.

(https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?73718-Breeding-Combos-and-Questions-(-Part-III)) Dragon Guide (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide)

If you are looking for information on a specific dragon, use the search box at the top and type in the dragon name. You will be able to find threads for each dragon. You can also check under the Dragon Guide for a list of specific Dragon threads.

Jagger517
03-08-16, 02:20 PM
Yay, a new thread with up-to-date info! Thanks, kooky!

Niire
03-08-16, 02:40 PM
I am oddly...mesmerized by all the eggs. Indeed, thanks Kooky! (PS I am still trying for the mini tribute of you in ffs!)

Jagger517
03-08-16, 08:53 PM
Are any of the Champions obtainable by breeding?

Grizzy91810
03-12-16, 09:21 AM
I thought I had the breeding figured out but then yesterday happened. I'm still low level so yesterday for the Tales I was prompted to breed Water with another Dragon. I went with Virtue since I hadn't tried breeding it yet. I got a Love Dragon fail. So the pink split into its red/white but the blue from the Water Dragon contributed nothing?

DeeDe99
03-12-16, 02:30 PM
Are any of the Champions obtainable by breeding?

No, sorry Jagger, they are not. There are some you can buy in the market.

DeeDe99
03-12-16, 02:33 PM
I thought I had the breeding figured out but then yesterday happened. I'm still low level so yesterday for the Tales I was prompted to breed Water with another Dragon. I went with Virtue since I hadn't tried breeding it yet. I got a Love Dragon fail. So the pink split into its red/white but the blue from the Water Dragon contributed nothing?

That is correct. This is what I call "pool genetics" as a parent doesn't necessarily contribute anything to the progeny. All types from parents into the pool, out pops something from the available types in the pool, which can be from only one of the parents.

MsMelanieMonster
03-20-16, 08:56 AM
Anyone know the minor type of Olympus?
I'm thinking of using boosted breed to get some of the rarer lightning dragons. The lightning bolt seems to limit possibilities when trying to breed for a specific dragon during the tales.

lnztrekfan
03-20-16, 04:52 PM
Hi MsMelanieMonster. I think the Olympus is a pure dragon meaning it doesn't have a minor type to split. I could be wrong though. Which dragon are you trying to breed?

Niire
03-20-16, 05:36 PM
Well, I had a pretty good run on them a few days ago, before the boost. I like how the pure olympus limits possible outcomes, makes breeding what you want much easier. :) Too bad that combo didn't seem to want to work for tinkerer...

I think yellow, blue and green will get you zeus and/or dionysus, along with possibles of hera, athena, nyx, hercules, apollo, and scylla. :) I am probably forgetting some there. Hopefully that helps a bit. :D

jagarjag
03-20-16, 05:41 PM
add to what Niire said : black/olympus = hades and rainbow/olympus= iris.

TauraTG
03-30-16, 02:38 AM
Hello all
Since new event began, im stoping breeding diamond and illusion (both lvl15) . Was aiming for prime type.
So here is result from those:
Coral....46
Illusion...4
Night....1
Penumbra...3
Celestial...3
Dark phoenix...2
Water..1
Dark angel..1
Iridescent.....1

61 times

MsMelanieMonster
04-03-16, 11:33 AM
Thanks all! I know this is a late response because I got distracted by events... I tried to trade Olympus and couldn't haha. Going to try for Hades!

Hawk1
04-03-16, 11:41 AM
Hello all
Since new event began, im stoping breeding diamond and illusion (both lvl15) . Was aiming for prime type.
So here is result from those:
Coral....46
Illusion...4
Night....1
Penumbra...3
Celestial...3
Dark phoenix...2
Water..1
Dark angel..1
Iridescent.....1

61 times

My breeding numbers are very much like yours, using different dragons but terrible results:(

MsMelanieMonster
04-04-16, 01:56 PM
Update: Using Olympus & Night, I got Celestial, Artemis, and Godmother. Two Corals (of course). Not too bad though!

Niire
04-04-16, 02:06 PM
Artemis is a very preety and cool looking dragon, I am a little green with envy! Grats! And grats on the others too, except coral. Coral can go back into the ocean. :p

I am trying SO hard right now for a Carnival dragon, they're so awesome looking. Think I've gotten everything BUT carnival so far, many times over...social on the nest now, grr! After that I definitely want to try for more Olympus types. They are pretty awesome looking!

tbetoug
04-04-16, 04:38 PM
I have the Egg for a Metal Dragon ready to be hatched (just waiting for the Metal Mines to finish building).

Once I get it hatched and evolved, what would be my best option to breed the Metal Dragon with in order to get another Metal-type Dragon?

I know the combinations are seemingly endless because of the White and Blue-types that are apart of the Metal Dragon, but I was just curious if there was one parent type or one specific Dragon that would be a better match with the Metal Dragon in order to produce me another Metal Dragon.

If anyone has any ideas or methods, do let me know! Thanks!

DeeDe99
04-04-16, 10:29 PM
There are 14 Metal type dragons, of which 8 are currently available in the Market including Metal itself.

What to breed with depends on what you want. Nano is metal/white/yellow, so Harvest would be an option. Armor is metal/green, so Forest would be simplest option. Have a look at the Metal category in the Market, under the Dragons tab, and decide what to go for from there.

As for avoiding all the other possible outcomes of any pairing - if I knew that I would have them all, already! LOL If you find out, let me know.

tbetoug
04-05-16, 02:00 AM
I've already looked at all the various types there, I was just looking to see if one Dragon was any more-likely than another Dragon to give me Metal-type egg. I was gonna go with Forest at first, because there's a high chance I'd get Fuzzy Dragons out of that and I have tons of those.

DeeDe99
04-05-16, 03:38 AM
Not a lot you can do to avoid the commons. I just sell them off the nest: no time, space or food for duplicates other than a select few.

MsMelanieMonster
04-05-16, 09:20 AM
I've been breeding Queen & Arbiter... at least 82 outcomes...
1: Love
2: Luck
3: 12 Hours

I am kind of curious how long it will take to get something other than common... there are quite a few awesome possibilities with this combo!

mommynpeyton
04-06-16, 03:52 PM
Please help I need to tips on getting a fairy dragon. Thank You

kooky panda
04-06-16, 04:06 PM
Please help I need to tips on getting a fairy dragon. Thank You
Yellow/green combo.

Check out the Fairy Dragon (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?29219-Fairy-dragon&p=317022&viewfull=1#post317022) thread for more help.

Lurker2
04-06-16, 08:02 PM
Yellow/green combo.

Check out the Fairy Dragon (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?29219-Fairy-dragon&p=317022&viewfull=1#post317022) thread for more help.

The Fairy dragon was removed on March 4, 2016. See the "Better Breeding for All!" thread.

LazyOrchid
04-08-16, 02:56 PM
Any tips on what to do to get tinsel?

TauraTG
04-09-16, 03:38 PM
Diamond and warrior princess produced charm dragon... found it odd

Bastiaan0
04-09-16, 03:44 PM
Diamond and warrior princess produced charm dragon... found it odd

Champ splits into red and black, black splits into purple and blue. Red and purple make Charm... ;)

TauraTG
04-10-16, 12:46 AM
He he ,yes. But for some reason i thought split goes only one time not twice ( meaning champ splits to red and black and it stops there) :-)

angelbear7378
04-15-16, 11:33 AM
How can I get mind volt dragon fairy dragon and Gaia dragon. What do I need to breed to get these dragons and also toxic dragon what combos do I need to use to get these dragons

lnztrekfan
04-15-16, 12:15 PM
With any breeding there is luck, but you look at the dragon you want. Take Gaia for instance she is red/green hybrid. So take a fire and a forest and breed them. Click on any dragon you want and see what their colors are then take two dragons that combine to give you those. There are threads that are usually started on the limited time dragons where people post what they are using. Right now there is a toxic dragon thread that you can take a look at. Now I'm not a hundred percent positive but I think fairy dragon is not available right now to breed. Limited dragons you have to breed in a certain time frame when the are available. Mindvolt is blue/yellow. Toxic is green/black. I'm currently trying for him with forest and night, tales permitting.

Hope this helps and good luck!

florawynn
04-17-16, 03:24 AM
I have the Egg for a Metal Dragon ready to be hatched (just waiting for the Metal Mines to finish building).

Once I get it hatched and evolved, what would be my best option to breed the Metal Dragon with in order to get another Metal-type Dragon?

I know the combinations are seemingly endless because of the White and Blue-types that are apart of the Metal Dragon, but I was just curious if there was one parent type or one specific Dragon that would be a better match with the Metal Dragon in order to produce me another Metal Dragon.

If anyone has any ideas or methods, do let me know! Thanks!

I have all the Metal hybrids, and I got them all trying for the 2 most difficult ones to breed: #1 Mech and #2 Nano. I'd try for these first. All the other ones are pretty easy to breed, except maybe Cyber. So don't worry too much about them & go for Mech. I honestly bred more than 50 Armors chasing Mech & at least 10 Cybers. Combos:

Mech = Metal/Divine
Nano = Metal/Astro
Darksteel = Metal/Neon
Cyber = Metal/Divine, Metal/Neon
Armor = Metal & every red/green & pink/green dragon I had
Chrome = Brightsteel/Rainbow, Metal/Winter Solstice, Metal/Creation
Gadget = see Chrome, also Chrome/Light

Hope this helps!

Renochu
04-19-16, 05:56 AM
I have recently breed a penumbra dragon, which is weird because I was using a forest and a night dragon.
Has anyone else had this happen?

Sandybellee
04-19-16, 06:07 AM
It's because of black splitting. It took both purple and blue elements from Night. I just bred a Spell with Forest and Lotus, which is great because I didn't have one!

DeeDe99
04-19-16, 06:11 AM
It is not weird. The Night's black split into blue and purple and you got Penumbra. The offspring don't necessarily get "genes" from each parent - they can get their typing from just one, as the types go into a "pool".

There are dragons with specific breeding rules, such as Diamond must have four types in the pool, or Kitsune, where one parent must provide pink and the other parent must provide red, but those sorts of rules don't apply to all dragons by any means.

DeeDe99
04-19-16, 06:12 AM
Snap, Sandy! LOL. Sorry, I was typing (with one finger) as you were. Your Spell did get something from both parents though, I think Renochu expected both parents to contribute. I still get annoyed that isn't necessarily the way it works!

Renochu
04-19-16, 06:22 AM
Snap, Sandy! LOL. Sorry, I was typing (with one finger) as you were. Your Spell did get something from both parents though, I think Renochu expected both parents to contribute. I still get annoyed that isn't necessarily the way it works!

Oh, I didn't know that could have happen, thanks. I just wondering what would have happen if I bred night and forest.

Sandybellee
04-19-16, 07:22 AM

:D

Yes, luckily it did! I just used Spell as an example of black splitting.

It threw me for a loop too the first time only one parent contributed elements for the offspring (in FFS). For a while there I thought I had bred some secret creature because the breeding time didn't match anything I was expecting. But it actually happens pretty often (annoyingly enough).

roguebee
04-19-16, 07:30 AM
Oh, I didn't know that could have happen, thanks. I just wondering what would have happen if I bred night and forest.

You have about 2 1/2 hours to try and see if you can breed the soon to be expired Toxic dragon.

Donnasadoptables
04-19-16, 06:40 PM
I'm trying to find the best breeding combination for a Dino and a Zodiac dragon. I have mostly basic dragon types, with one metal, one fairytale and multiple gemstones. Any suggestions? I tried searching the threads, but the search function wasn't very helpful. :-(

roguebee
04-19-16, 09:03 PM
Simplest combination for a Dino is Fire and Forest; for Zodiac, try Night and Air.

snowyglowy
04-21-16, 10:01 AM
I have just noticed fruition dragon in the market? How do you get it?? And all other map and so... Where I can find the info about those dragons?

kooky panda
04-21-16, 10:07 AM
I have just noticed fruition dragon in the market? How do you get it?? And all other map and so... Where I can find the info about those dragons?
Check the game Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide)

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-21-16, 10:07 AM

You have to buy them with gold

snowyglowy
04-21-16, 10:31 AM
You have to buy them with gold

Than you Kooky panda and RafMikeyLeoDonnie

JM90Gurl
04-27-16, 02:03 PM
I breed a Diamond and a Supreme and got a 10hr dragon and can't seem to figure out what it is. I thought it lowest time you could get with that combo was 14hr Night Elf. Any ideas what I'm getting?

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-27-16, 02:11 PM
I breed a Diamond and a Supreme and got a 10hr dragon and can't seem to figure out what it is. I thought it lowest time you could get with that combo was 14hr Night Elf. Any ideas what I'm getting?

Could be...
Bliss, Coral, Fruitful, Music, Sunblaze, Torchlight (according to a third-party site I use occasionally)

JDanil07
04-28-16, 01:32 PM
Does anybody know offhand what the build time is for the Gemstone Prairie habitat? I unexpectedly got a Gemstone egg when I was expecting a Winter Rose or a Mermaid. Saving coins as fast as I can, I'm about 1 hour away from being able to buy the habitat, and the egg is about 2 hours away from hatching. I need to decide whether to buy the habitat and hold the egg on the nest for however long it takes to finish building, or sell the hatchling and spend my coins on something else.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
04-28-16, 01:36 PM
Does anybody know offhand what the build time is for the Gemstone Prairie habitat? I unexpectedly got a Gemstone egg when I was expecting a Winter Rose or a Mermaid. Saving coins as fast as I can, I'm about 1 hour away from being able to buy the habitat, and the egg is about 2 hours away from hatching. I need to decide whether to buy the habitat and hold the egg on the nest for however long it takes to finish building, or sell the hatchling and spend my coins on something else.

20 hours

JDanil07
04-28-16, 01:45 PM
20 hours

Thanks. That helps me decide!

moonchild1987
04-29-16, 11:40 AM
Is there a difference in outcome if you breed 2 super/ultra rare dragons together compared to common dragons? Is there a better chance to breed higher rarity this way?

amerirish
04-29-16, 11:42 AM
With Rainy Day and Starry Night both being Limited Time, I'm thinking that a Blue/Yellow bred with Night might give both as a possible outcome. I have just tried Blue Peacock & Night for the first time and got 10 hours (Music or Coral :( ). Any thoughts?

MsMelanieMonster
04-29-16, 11:43 PM
Just got Cupcake with Fuzzy and Virtue! I'm pretty excited for a white/pink/green- I know it will be great for battling.
Happy breeding!

moonchild1987
04-30-16, 12:00 AM
Just got Cupcake with Fuzzy and Virtue! I'm pretty excited for a white/pink/green- I know it will be great for battling.
Happy breeding!

My Cupcake kicks butt in the arena. Congrats!

Wizard1200
05-01-16, 04:17 AM
I'm using an older version of the game because I have an old phone. What do I need to breed to get one? Is it even available on the version that was current a year or two ago? I'm sorry this is such a noob question, I just can't find any information anywhere.

Hepatu
05-01-16, 04:43 AM
Unfortunately champions are not breedable as far as I know, those i have are all reward dragons

Wizard1200
05-01-16, 04:51 AM
First, thanks for your help. Second, what did you do to win/earn/obtain etc. any of your champion dragons?

Niire
05-01-16, 06:34 AM
The prize dragon in the tourneys are sometimes champions. You can also buy one from the shop, but price is pretty steep. Also, the value packs they put up sometimes are champs. :)

roguebee
05-01-16, 07:35 AM
There was also a couple of times two years ago where you could craft a Champion from parts collected in the arena. That's how I earned my first Champion.

snowyglowy
05-01-16, 07:36 AM
What is his name? Please anyone know thanks

roguebee
05-01-16, 08:02 AM
What is his name? Please anyone know thanks

It's the new Sunbeam dragon... Congrats on getting a limited breed dragon!

snowyglowy
05-01-16, 08:04 AM
It's the new Sunbeam dragon... Congrats on getting a limited breed dragon!

Thank you so much yay I'm so happy :D

Kennedward
05-01-16, 08:58 AM
Recently, champions are only from winning a tournament when it is the prize, they haven't offered any for crafting in a few years now

TwinkleTwiny
05-02-16, 02:24 AM
I got starry night with diamond and ember glow while trying for rainy day, I like the fail :) 30636

JM90Gurl
05-02-16, 09:29 PM
I breed a supreme and a diamond again and got a 21hr dragon a third party database said it should be onyx but the egg is wrong. Any idea what this is? 30634

ladymakay
05-02-16, 09:39 PM
I breed a supreme and a diamond again and got a 21hr dragon a third party database said it should be onyx but the egg is wrong. Any idea what this is? 30634
That's a Social Dragon

Hawk1
05-02-16, 09:47 PM

There were 4 dragons you could have gotten @ 21 hours with Supreme/Diamond...Poison,Social, Onyx & Duchess and you got Social.

JM90Gurl
05-02-16, 10:15 PM
There were 4 dragons you could have gotten @ 21 hours with Supreme/Diamond...Poison,Social, Onyx & Duchess and you got Social.

Yay another dragon I don't have. And it's cute. Wasn't what I was trying to get but I'll take it. I'm trying for a Diamond Prism is there a better combo for it? Supreme is the only rainbow dragon that I have.

hungryres
05-04-16, 06:17 AM
Trying for both cherry blossom n starry night with surprise and blue/yellow combo dragon, just got 5 hr timer, is it possible to be love dragon?
If pink in surprise splits, do i get both white n red or if it is an either or situation?

feonalily
05-04-16, 06:17 AM
So I'm trying to get the primes without wasting a buttload of food on level 15 parents. Since some dragon types split in the gene pool, would it be possible for me to use that to my advantage when breeding primes? For example, can I use a level 15 virtue and get 3 elements out of it (pink, white, and red)? That would seem a lot more reasonable than raising 3 seperate dragons to 15 (virtue, fire, and light)

EDIT: even better, can I use a level 15 spirit queen and get a prime with a blue, purple, black, pink, white, or red element in it?

feonalily
05-04-16, 06:31 AM
So I'm trying to get the primes without wasting a buttload of food on level 15 parents. Since some dragon types split in the gene pool, would it be possible for me to use that to my advantage when breeding primes? For example, can I use a level 15 virtue and get 3 elements out of it (pink, white, and red)? That would seem a lot more reasonable than raising 3 seperate dragons to 15 (virtue, fire, and light)

EDIT: even better, can I use a level 15 spirit queen and get a prime with a blue, purple, black, pink, white, or red element in it?

roguebee
05-04-16, 06:51 AM
Trying for both cherry blossom n starry night with surprise and blue/yellow combo dragon, just got 5 hr timer, is it possible to be love dragon?
If pink in surprise splits, do i get both white n red or if it is an either or situation?

When breeding, each parent contributes colors to the "gene" pool. The new dragon is then created from the colors contributed. There is no requirement that a color comes from each parent. So, yes, it is possible that the pink from Surprise splits into red and white and these were the colors for the new dragon. Next time you try that combo, it is possible that only the red or white is used. Or the pink doesn't split. Or the new dragon is a blue/yellow combo.

hungryres
05-05-16, 02:16 AM
thank you for answering my long time(?) query. i always thought the split would be either or, and at least one element must come from one parent.
with the leaderboard event back on, all that i can breed are commons,, mist and repeated love dragon (two in a row)...

missymouse1
05-05-16, 06:02 AM
Any suggestions for the starry night dragon before it disapears...ive just been trying with air and water and havent had any luck..mind you I did score 2 dragons I didnt have yet march mayhem and ambassador...any help on what others had luck with would b much appreciated ty

JDanil07
05-07-16, 10:29 AM
Fire + Air, boosted breeding, 15 hours. What is it? I don't see a matching combination on the egg chart.

OkieDokie27
05-07-16, 11:12 AM
Fire + Air, boosted breeding, 15 hours. What is it? I don't see a matching combination on the egg chart.
It's a wooden dragon- rare. It's out of order on the chart.

JDanil07
05-07-16, 11:34 AM
It's a wooden dragon- rare. It's out of order on the chart.

Cool! Thanks!

OkieDokie27
05-07-16, 11:37 AM
Cool! Thanks!
No problem. I had the same problem too. : )

simbalot
05-08-16, 03:05 PM
I've tried boosted breeding with Diamond 9 and Valiant 9. My result is 25 hours...anyone know what that is going to be?

roguebee
05-08-16, 03:48 PM
I've tried boosted breeding with Diamond 9 and Valiant 9. My result is 25 hours...anyone know what that is going to be?

Penumbra dragon

Luck6667
05-08-16, 04:40 PM
May I ask when does the breeding roost end its 50 gold sale? I just click the roost and see it costs 100gold for me!! And I just had 50gold at that moment, and I clicked the "activate " button, it actually activated again!! But I see my gold become negative amount!! WTH! It is now -50 gold for me! I also can't collect coins in my habitat now due to this issue! So weird! Someone please help me

simbalot
05-09-16, 07:21 AM
Penumbra dragon

Thanks! Of course, you were right! At least I didn't have that one.

DragonW22
05-31-16, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know what egg will result from Mistmoth and Sunshower Dragons? Thanks.

DAZLegendz
06-05-16, 04:47 AM
Can someone tell me what is the best way to get the dark angel dragon and/or the unicorn dragon? Any other diamond types will be much appreciated. I'm looking for the smallest breeding times. Thanks

Xyn25
06-05-16, 09:36 PM
Can someone tell me what is the best way to get the dark angel dragon and/or the unicorn dragon? Any other diamond types will be much appreciated. I'm looking for the smallest breeding times. Thanks

For Dark Angel I'd use Diamond and Illusion to take Magic and Night out of the question. For Unicorn I'd try Diamond with Melody or any other pink-white to avoid breeding Virtue. The idea is to breed Diamond with a hybrid that contains the minor type and one of its components to avoid breeding the same minor type.
However, this could mean a lot of time breeding those same dragons hoping for a diamond hybrid. A good strategy is to try breeding for whatever dragon you like but always have diamond in the mix. That way you don't miss out on limited dragons or get bored and a diamond hybrid may pop up unexpectedly.
Hope I could help!

DragonW22
06-10-16, 05:53 PM
There is a pop up for a free boosted breeding this weekend, what is boosted breeding mean? Thanks for your input.

Spenner33
06-11-16, 12:18 AM
There is a pop up for a free boosted breeding this weekend, what is boosted breeding mean? Thanks for your input.

Boosted breeding is the top option on the breeding menu that usually costs gold. It gives a better chance at getting rare dragons. This weekend it will cost 200 coins, same as normal breeding.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
06-13-16, 07:36 AM
Just got an Icecrown from a Crusader and Abominable using the free boosted breeding. Just need Snowangel to have all of the Arctic Isles dragons.

amerirish
06-13-16, 08:18 AM
Does anyone know what egg will result from Mistmoth and Sunshower Dragons? Thanks.

There are 35 possible outcomes; could you narrow it down by how many hours you're looking at?

DragonW22
06-13-16, 08:58 AM
Thanks for your comment. I took some of the advices from this thread and is hatching an Infinity dragon right now. Diamond and quartzel* Took at least 55ish tries. Do you know what is the next best diamond hybrid to breed next after Infinity? I have crusader, quartzel, and gold. Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge with us. Really appreciate.

RafMikeyLeoDonnie
06-13-16, 09:46 AM
Thanks for your comment. . Thanks. I took some of the advices from this thread and is hatching an Infinity dragon right now. Diamond and quartzel* Took at least 55ish tries. Do you know what is the next best diamond hybrid to breed next after Infinity? I have crusader, quartzel, and gold. Thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge with us. Really appreciate.

Try for Mercury with Diamond and Posiedon. No Water fails and the longest one is Nyx at 10 hours. I've gotten two this way.

dragonsoflou
06-28-16, 04:30 PM
hello, i'm new to D.S. sun and moon - i've searched forums for info & answers but not very successful. immediate Q's - have to breed Element Dragon - 3 colors but breeding den only allows 2 colors. am i missing something?? also, i'm down to "light tree" level - "dawn" goals (different colors) show on list but still show 0/10 even tho i expanded 3 times. am i missing something??

roguebee
06-28-16, 08:19 PM
hello, i'm new to D.S. sun and moon - i've searched forums for info & answers but not very successful. immediate Q's - have to breed Element Dragon - 3 colors but breeding den only allows 2 colors. am i missing something?? also, i'm down to "light tree" level - "dawn" goals (different colors) show on list but still show 0/10 even tho i expanded 3 times. am i missing something??

To breed a three color dragon, you need to use a two color dragon as one of your two dragons. You probably have a Life dragon (red/green)? Breed with a Water dragon (blue). That will give you the three colors needed for the Element dragon. No guarantee that you will get it on your first or second try. There are 17 different dragons you can breed with that combination.

As for your dawn tree goals, you have done all the expanding you need to trigger the goals. Now you need to evolve dragons to level 10. Each time you evolve a dragon to level 10, the goals(s) for that color will increase by one.

yeelela
07-02-16, 12:59 PM
Hello. Does anyone know what dragon this will be? 27hrs.
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160702/temp/88h6h2hg.png (http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4404/88h6h2hg_png.htm)

Bastiaan0
07-02-16, 01:02 PM
Hello. Does anyone know what dragon this will be? 27hrs.
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/160702/temp/88h6h2hg.png (http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4404/88h6h2hg_png.htm)

Elder :)

yeelela
07-02-16, 01:03 PM
Thank you. Couldn't find it on the chart.

Denfarm9
07-29-16, 11:50 AM
Still figuring this all out. I have bred a few pretty cool dragons, but need a basic rainbow dragon. How can I get one? Preferably not by purchasing. Help!

snowyglowy
07-30-16, 05:57 AM
Trying to breed Dino dragon but no luck please give me a suggestions guys thanks in advance

roguebee
07-30-16, 11:02 AM
Trying to breed Dino dragon but no luck please give me a suggestions guys thanks in advance

You can go with the simplist combination and breed Fire and Forest. Just takes time and persistence. Luckily, all your fails are short, 8 hours or less, so you'll get several tries a day.

snowyglowy
07-30-16, 02:40 PM
You can go with the simplist combination and breed Fire and Forest. Just takes time and persistence. Luckily, all your fails are short, 8 hours or less, so you'll get several tries a day.

Okay I will keep trying thanks for the suggestion:)

HarleyBrat119
07-31-16, 03:36 AM

I think that may be the only dragon virtue knows how to give. When I first got it, I was able to breed a laserlight but that was only 2x. I have been breeding light & virtue over & over for a melody or prime power and all I keep getting is love. I even spent the 12 gold for boosted breed and still got a love.

zyfazix
07-31-16, 04:23 AM
I'm looking for a combination that gives a chance at Medusa and Cerberus that uses Helios on one side.

Currently the only pairings I can think of are with Cauldron/Intricate Egg (94), Hook (96), Tiger's Eye (103) and Supreme (108). Tiger's Eye has a lot of outcomes but it's the only dragon I have on the island. There's a Hook in storage but I'm not sure if it's worth hatching and evolving that one. I don't have Cauldron/Intricate Egg/Supreme. Can anyone think of any other combinations that could work?

Edit: Started first breeding using the combination. #Attempt: Time: Result (#Outcomes: dragons I don't have yet)
#01: 12 hours: Winter Rose (11: Trojan, Macaw, Birthstone, Dapper)
#02: 10 hours: Pinata (8: Paradise, Pinata, May) (at the same time got Paradise from a different nest using Crusader x Shaman)
#03: 20 hours: Island (5: Spell, Troll, Beaded)
#04: 14 hours: Mist (6: Humming, Horizon)
#05: 10 hours: Coral (8: May)
#06: 12 hours: Dark Phoenix (11: Trojan, Macaw, Birthstone, Dapper)
#07: 10 hours: Cactus (8: May)
#08: 03 hours: Life (1) (3 hours and my nests are full, not gonna speed since I'm about to go to bed)
#09: 17 hours: Super (3: Medusa) Ugh, a Super, one of my most hated dragons *pukes in a bucket*
#10: 13 hours: Invisible (3: Invisible) (Boosted)
#11: 16 hours: Charm (9: Bonfire, Fortune Teller) (Boosted)
End of first week of breeding roost.

Still only 50 gold/week so activating again. I should get a 3rd nest in 2 to 3 days. Until then there's an Achilles on the other den that won't block anything (for now...)
#12: 08 hours: Fairy (8) (Boosted)
#13: 10 hours: Fruitful (8: May) (Boosted)
#14: 06 hours: Druid (5)
#15: 10 hours: Cactus (8: May)
#16: 09 hours: (5: Healer)

bakerystoe
08-02-16, 03:39 AM
Is this a Dark Angel? If it is, the combo is Diamond and Aries/ Astronaut

rado_nik
08-02-16, 06:26 AM
Is this a Dark Angel? If it is, the combo is Diamond and Aries/ Astronaut

Yes this is Dark Angel. Timer must be 23 h. How many time try for this?

Burrymillz
08-02-16, 06:51 PM
Diamond and nightmare back to back loves don't know how that could happen

bakerystoe
08-03-16, 07:50 AM
Yes this is Dark Angel. Timer must be 23 h. How many time try for this?
Well a lot of combos but 1st try for Diamond And astronaut

Hawk1
08-03-16, 12:02 PM
Well a lot of combos but 1st try for Diamond And astronaut

Interesting because I've never seen an astronaut dragon and can't fine one listed for DS. Perhaps it was another dragon that begins with A

zyfazix
08-03-16, 01:49 PM
Interesting because I've never seen an astronaut dragon and can't fine one listed for DS. Perhaps it was another dragon that begins with A

Could've been Astro Dragon

random59
08-03-16, 02:42 PM

I think it was Astromancer they were meaning, definitely because Aries and Diamond are on the den!

Megacharchar
08-03-16, 10:42 PM
I just put Virtue and Lorkeeper on the den and got a 6 hour timer. I think I can anticipate either Landworm or Wild. I'm happy with either because both are a first for me!! Just thought I'd share.

JulieandMaryn
09-03-16, 08:27 PM
I have Diamond and Olympus breeding and I think I got a 47 hour timer. Wasn't paying attention. Can't find a longer timer.What is it? Or it could have been a 48 hour. Wish I was paying attention!

luckyaa7
09-04-16, 06:20 AM
I have Diamond and Olympus breeding and I think I got a 47 hour timer. Wasn't paying attention. Can't find a longer timer.What is it? Or it could have been a 48 hour. Wish I was paying attention!

47 hours should achilles. Diamond and olympus hybrid

Sandybellee
09-08-16, 05:47 AM
Woohoo! Got 23 hours with Forgefather and Quetzal! It should be Dark Angel! :)

PinkBubbles75
09-08-16, 08:18 AM
After trying on & off for the past couple months, I finally got triple rainbow! I used the Flower Dragon and Lunar Rainbow both level 7. I took the picture yesterday and the dragon is now hatched & in its new home :)

bakerystoe
09-11-16, 03:47 AM
What is this dragon?33475

Sandybellee
09-11-16, 03:49 AM
What is this dragon?33475

It's Nymph. I recently got one too! :)

Gaillock
09-12-16, 11:26 AM
Hi Guys,
Has anyone had any luck breeding a tiger's eye or moon dragon? What combos did you use and how many attempts until you were successful? Not much info in breeding tracker. It hasn't worked for me to attempt to breed their colors together. For instance, tiger's eye is triangle rainbow, and black and yellow, so I tried breeding a gemstone dragon with a black and yellow dragon. What colors should I combine to end up with a rainbow, black and yellow dragon?

Same questions for the moon dragon. I love these two and have not been successful in breeding one. Help!

Thanks for any ideas you can give me.

Gail

amerirish
09-12-16, 12:14 PM
Moon: Light & Night seems the best way to go but there are 25 potential outcomes so it could take a long time :(

Tiger's Eye: I crafted mine in the Craft Shop using black gemstones. It took a really long time to collect what I needed since black dragons are notoriously hard to get even as a fail.

Sorry I don't have better info for you. Good luck; I hope you get them both real soon! :)

Gaillock
09-12-16, 01:16 PM
Delete

amerirish
09-13-16, 11:42 AM
Has anyone bred Glasswing & Diamond yet? I would love to know the potential outcomes for that pairing :)

jagarjag
09-13-16, 11:53 AM
Has anyone bred Glasswing & Diamond yet? I would love to know the potential outcomes for that pairing :)

I am pairing Glasswing and Diamond in one den. Possible 49 outcomes including Valiant, Diamond prism and Glimmer, lunar rainbow, Gold, Anubis, mercury and Crusader.

amerirish
09-13-16, 12:00 PM
I am pairing Glasswing and Diamond in one den. Possible 49 outcomes including Valiant, Diamond prism and Glimmer, lunar rainbow, Gold, Anubis, mercury and Crusader.

Thanks :) I couldn't be sure how many outcomes there are for that combo. I would love to hit either Valiant, Diamond Prism, Glimmer or Lunar Rainbow :)

Good luck to you! :D

jagarjag
09-13-16, 01:03 PM
Thanks :) I couldn't be sure how many outcomes there are for that combo. I would love to hit either Valiant, Diamond Prism, Glimmer or Lunar Rainbow :)

Good luck to you! :D

I am targetting valiant, diamond prism and glimmer too. Ooh ...and Gold.

Nikkook
09-14-16, 11:55 PM
Woohoo! Achilles on the way, and a Night Elf fail with Diamond and Lotus - new to me so I am delighted!

JetteG
09-15-16, 06:09 AM
Yay, I got 2 new diamond hybrids. Prime Eternal and Diamond Prism. I also got 2 Gold ad fails.
I am still trying for Valiant, Anubis and Glimmer with Infinity and Glasswing.
I am very glad that I activated the temple and 2nd roost.
Good luck everyone;)

0525jaidyn
09-17-16, 08:48 AM
I've tried breeding every dragon from the first world with the winter dragon in the winter world and I keep getting the winter dragon Does anyone have any suggestions?

SassyRum
11-03-16, 01:36 AM
I have been trying for months & months to get just the regular 'ol single Rainbow dragon!! No Doubles no Triples just plain rainbow & all I seem to get are Mist fails!!! Any breeding suggestions would be appreciated!!

starship412
11-03-16, 07:09 AM
I got mine by breeding two Diamonds and I used Mist and Water to get the second one.

ksbmommy
11-04-16, 08:56 AM
I have been trying for months & months to get just the regular 'ol single Rainbow dragon!! No Doubles no Triples just plain rainbow & all I seem to get are Mist fails!!! Any breeding suggestions would be appreciated!!

I'm another person who got mine by breeding Infinity and Diamond.

FINALLY have a Valiant breeding! I've haven't been trying too long, but was shocked when 48 hours popped up on the den. After all those charm fails, I'm very excited. So my dens are out of action for the next 24-42 hours, Angel on one and Valiant on the other.

For full disclosure, my diamond temple is on, took almost 3 days until the first diamond appeared. Fingers crossed I can get another one to appear before it expires. I guess I'll try for the Mercury and Prism when those two are finished. I want an Anibus but the 20 hour magic fails are a ****er (I use a peacock to avoid the magic splitting and limiting it to only 3 outcomes).

a229670
11-06-16, 12:48 PM
Hi thank u 4this awesome guide😻 can I breed an unbredable Dragon either won by challenges or bought with Normal dragons to super rare dragons ..or are the unbredable dragons sterile lol thank u Ava

starship412
11-06-16, 02:46 PM
The unbreedable dragons can be a parent in the den with a couple of exceptions like my Light Mother (who isn't showing up as a possible parent on my island), gold producing dragons, bomb and dynamite dragons.

a229670
11-06-16, 06:35 PM
The unbreedable dragons can be a parent in the den with a couple of exceptions like my Light Mother (who isn't showing up as a possible parent on my island), gold producing dragons, bomb and dynamite dragons.

Thank you so much for your answer🐳How can u see if a dragon is a possible parent is it in the breeding den. I've been playing for a long time I love this game I find 7day challenges hard to complete I never make it to the the end ty Ava

starship412
11-06-16, 07:27 PM
Thank you so much for your answer��How can u see if a dragon is a possible parent is it in the breeding den. I've been playing for a long time I love this game I find 7day challenges hard to complete I never make it to the the end ty Ava

If you can use a dragon for a breeding parent it'll be among the options listed when you get ready to breed dragons.

graovac
11-08-16, 03:05 PM
Is there any reason why cant I breed lv6 dark prime crono with other dragons? I just do not see it on breeding list?!

Bap35
11-09-16, 11:31 PM
How do u make an Moon dragon

roguebee
11-13-16, 06:06 PM
How do u make an Moon dragon

Easiest way is to breed pure white, such as Light with pure black, such as Lotus, Night, Night Elf, or Raven. Or any dragons with white and black, but more colors add more potential failures...

buttabdullah99
11-15-16, 07:49 AM
Guys can I plz get any ideas on how to get unicorn dragon without getting any virtue and stupid long Hour fails currently i m trying Diamond/Chocolate and getting loves again and again 😶
Any ideas plz

starship412
11-15-16, 08:06 AM
Guys can I plz get any ideas on how to get unicorn dragon without getting any virtue and stupid long Hour fails currently i m trying Diamond/Chocolate and getting loves again and again ��
Any ideas plz

If you have a pink/white hybrid (like Cotton Candy, Melody, Never Ending) or Justice (Pink/red) then they can be used with Diamond or Infinity and will eliminate the Virtue fails.

PrincessCouture2014
11-16-16, 03:40 AM
Hi all
If anyone can remember me i am back to game, but god things have changed. I want to breed castle,aurora and many dragons but can't find help. For now if anyone can tell me how can i breed castle dragon n if anyone can help send me working calculator link.
Thank u sooo much

amalsaba
11-16-16, 06:24 AM
Hi all
If anyone can remember me i am back to game, but god things have changed. I want to breed castle,aurora and many dragons but can't find help. For now if anyone can tell me how can i breed castle dragon n if anyone can help send me working calculator link.
Thank u sooo much

I don't know you because I didn't always go on the forum but WELCOME BAAAAAAACK!!!
I too stopped the playing the game for almost 2 years because I was studying but boy things changed when I came back. However, I was really pleased to find out about the reduced disparities in the game between android and ios players. Hope to see more of you around here!

Horseladi
11-16-16, 09:03 PM
How do you breed a rainbow? Thank you.

starship412
11-17-16, 05:23 AM
How do you breed a rainbow? Thank you.

Air and Water is the most common way. I bred mine with two Diamonds and I bred my 2nd with Mist and Air.

Horseladi
11-17-16, 03:04 PM
Air and Water is the most common way. I bred mine with two Diamonds and I bred my 2nd with Mist and Air.

Thank you. I had been using 2 blue and yellow combo dragons and I was only getting mist dragons.

JetteG
11-18-16, 09:13 AM
I am just so happy. I just got 48 hour breeding with crusader and guardian angel( I used the free boosted breeding)-yay;)
I finally got my valiant. I have been trying since it came out on/off. Now I just have to wait...
The sweet waiting time :)

Okleah
11-24-16, 05:42 AM
What are the champion dragons ??

katali119
11-30-16, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know what egg I might be getting? I am breeding Ice giant and Rainbow, and I got a 15 hour timer. I can't find a possible result lol.

Florr06
11-30-16, 10:02 AM
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?95851-Past-Present-amp-Future-Nov-29th-2016

Check out this thread, it might be the Past Dragon?

katali119
11-30-16, 10:56 AM
:eek: Ooh, that would be awesome!

jbyn4e
11-30-16, 11:00 AM
Only dragons white/yellow 15 hours are Past and Future. For future you must breed past and present (I think) so only one left is Past - we just got one on one account.

blueangel826
11-30-16, 04:27 PM
Thank you. I had been using 2 blue and yellow combo dragons and I was only getting mist dragons.

I'd tried for Rainbow using Air & Water forever unsuccessfully. A nbr suggested to use a blue/purple hybrid with Air. First time I put Air & Beast on den, I got a Rainbow! Now I have 5 or 6 Rainbow fails, just like I got Diamond fails x 5 after my 1st one at level 121!! Good luck!

Denfarm9
12-01-16, 03:15 PM
Thank you so much for your help. I am level 100 and finally got a Rainbow on my nest. I used my level 8 Apprentice and level 10 Air. After splurging on a Diamond Temple and large habitat (thanks to black Friday sale ) I also just scored my first Diamond. I am so excited. I feel like I have finally arrived. Woo-hoo :-)

leo2010leo
12-03-16, 03:56 PM
Now do you get red/blue combinations? I keep on getting purple instead. Is it just bad luck, should I carry on trying, - or is there a better way to breed them?

starship412
12-03-16, 09:38 PM
Any decent combos to try for Past? I've been getting nothing but Sunrises and my last combo Light Mother/Dark Angel had me excited at a 15 hr timer only to disappoint me with another Wooden that I want to burn immediately.

silverybunny
12-12-16, 12:37 PM
Is there a way of breeding for a coral dragon without a chance of getting a night dragon?

starship412
12-12-16, 09:46 PM
Is there a way of breeding for a coral dragon without a chance of getting a night dragon?

In my experience trying for any black hybrid gets this clown every time.

starship412
12-12-16, 09:53 PM
I still would like Black Swan. Does anyone have a combo for that besides breeding Kitsune and Virtue (which gets me Virtue or Fire every time)? Storm8 I won't bug ya anymore if you can change the algorithm in the game so I can get one of those and new dragons from breeding. You already know what dragons I don't have and how much money I spent in this game. I'm tired of the following dragons: Lunar Ram, Athletic, Virtue, Sunrise, Laserlight, Coral and Winter. Please give me a break from those.

jbyn4e
01-01-17, 02:02 AM
Just bred Diamond and Glasswing and got 20 hours. What it could be?

EDIT: It was Fireworks dragon :)

amerirish
01-03-17, 02:05 PM
Does anyone have a good combo for Sparkler Dragon? Been trying over and over on two dens but just can't get one :(

amerirish
01-04-17, 06:54 AM
Well I feel really, really stupid right now....been trying and trying for Sparkler since it's re-release. Last night got it with Rainbow & Fire on the first try with that combo. Went to add it to my spreadsheet today and realized I already have one (SMDH) - headdesk :rolleyes:

katali119
01-06-17, 12:29 PM
Are there any champion dragons which are breedable?

jbyn4e
01-06-17, 01:58 PM
Champions are not breedable (except Valiant hybrid for which you need one champion).

katali119
01-06-17, 02:16 PM
Thanks! Saves me searching through 47 dragons! I will have a go at breeding Valiant. That should only take me what, a couple of years?! Might wait til I can afford to have my top 2 earners not earning forever though.

mooskye
01-07-17, 02:30 AM
I just bred Fire and Air hoping for a quick Love for bingo and got 33hrs. Any ideas? Calculator on the wiki gives no result.

katali119
01-07-17, 05:02 AM
The only egg for 33 hours is Virtue, which you can't get with fire & air, so you've got something wrong somewhere, or the wiki hasn't been updated for a new dragon?

jbyn4e
01-07-17, 05:13 AM
Love is white/red, so you didn't used Air, you used Light! Fire+Light, 33hours, Virtue.

mooskye
01-07-17, 07:49 AM
Love is white/red, so you didn't used Air, you used Light! Fire+Light, 33hours, Virtue.

Oops it was light. Don't know why I typed air. I don't think there's any new dragon I'm a bit flummoxed.

katali119
01-07-17, 08:05 AM
It's virtue then.

clarontinalisa
01-12-17, 08:11 AM
Can anyone help. I have lost my link to the egg chart to see options for what is breeding by the times.

laurelsail
02-02-17, 08:56 AM
How do you breed a Leo dragon? Does anyone know where the old Game Guide went that had pictures of the eggs, dragon and breeding etc.? The new one has bad links and is not very helpful at all!

Thank you!

kooky panda
02-02-17, 10:05 AM
I am sorry but the member keeping track of the egg chart is no longer updating the egg chart.

laurelsail
02-02-17, 10:14 AM
I am sorry but the member keeping track of the egg chart is no longer updating the egg chart.

Is the old version still up on the forums anywhere? Thanks!

jbyn4e
02-03-17, 12:51 PM
Virtue + Forest boosted breeding = 24h

What is it????

amerirish
02-03-17, 01:08 PM
Virtue + Forest boosted breeding = 24h

What is it????

There is no potential outcomes with that pair that are 24 hours (not even the new Succulent) - could you please recheck the timer?

olgatt
02-03-17, 01:30 PM
Justice pink type red type R 25 h
It could be that one ?

jbyn4e
02-03-17, 01:31 PM
I checked multiple times...
When I asked here on forum it showed 23:54. Now is (look on picture, you will see forest and virtue):

EDIT: Justice can't be because virtue is white red and forest is green - no combination of pink/red.

EDIT 2: Could it be BRIDE? It's again in market say some (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?97142-Search-for-Love-STAGE-EVENT!&p=1393124&viewfull=1#post1393124), it's white green and 24h...

amerirish
02-03-17, 02:21 PM
Well, that's just odd jbyn4e :( You will have to come back here tomorrow & let us know what the heck it is!! :)

jbyn4e
02-03-17, 02:39 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow :) for now I'm let's say 70% sure it's Bride dragon.

jbyn4e
02-04-17, 02:42 PM
Now I can for sure tell it's Bride dragon:

maryamhjm
02-09-17, 03:34 PM
Can anyone suggest which combo to use for Infinity dragon, I would like a combo with a lot of other possible breeds so that a fail is most likely not a real fail as I hopefully breed other dragons I do not have.
I have a Harmony knight dragon can I breed a Vallient with it? And which combo to use.
Many thanks

blueangel826
02-14-17, 03:06 PM
Yes, Valiant is a Diamond/Champion combo. Good luck!

Gaillock
02-16-17, 10:17 PM
Anybody have a successful breed of a gold dragon besides Diamond & Air? I've tried that combo many times & would like to try something else for awhile. Thanks.

amerirish
02-17-17, 12:16 PM
Now I can for sure tell it's Bride dragon:

Congrats :D

ccorbett4
02-21-17, 05:44 PM
Ok, I'm getting a bit frustrated. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I am breeding blue & green together to get all those combo dragons (Atlantis, Holographic, Island, Serpent, Waverider, Winter Rose). I have gotten dozens of Atlantis and Island dragons, one Serpent dragon, and none of the other 3. I've done this breeding combo at least 30 times (on the low end...probably more), and aside from the one time I got a Serpent dragon weeks ago it's always Island or Atlantis. While I can understand getting the common Island dragon a lot, if Atlantis is super rare and Holographic and Waverider are both just rare dragons, shouldn't I have at least gotten one or two of each of them by now?!?

acscepk
02-22-17, 03:41 AM
I've got 48 hours on an egg in the nest- I bred Guardian with the gold dragon. Any ideas?

porcupin321
02-22-17, 05:16 AM
I've got 48 hours on an egg in the nest- I bred Guardian with the gold dragon. Any ideas?

Congratulations, you've bred Valiant ;)

PeppiVille
02-24-17, 01:02 PM
Moon Dragon, I've been trying to breed for days using night and light and I'm getting frustrated with the fails, although I now have tons to trade. I'm a couple of days away from being able to craft a Lotus (my first crafted dragon). Will the Lotus instead of the Night give better odds? Also, does the lvl matter? I started night and light at lvl 4 and have upgraded both to 7, some new fails resulted but still fails. Any suggestions?

ccorbett4
02-24-17, 08:45 PM
Ok, I'm getting a bit frustrated. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I am breeding blue & green together to get all those combo dragons (Atlantis, Holographic, Island, Serpent, Waverider, Winter Rose). I have gotten dozens of Atlantis and Island dragons, one Serpent dragon, and none of the other 3. I've done this breeding combo at least 30 times (on the low end...probably more), and aside from the one time I got a Serpent dragon weeks ago it's always Island or Atlantis. While I can understand getting the common Island dragon a lot, if Atlantis is super rare and Holographic and Waverider are both just rare dragons, shouldn't I have at least gotten one or two of each of them by now?!?

Ok, now I'm frustrated to the point of being done with this game. Since I posted that 3 days ago, I've gotten nothing but Island dragons. I paid gold for the breeding roost and on both I'm having this problem. This is over a dozen Island dragons in a row, and still no Holographic, Waverider or Winter Rose dragons. Heck, I'm not even getting Atlantis dragons anymore. Isn't the main point of this game the breeding? It's not like I'm trying to breed a diamond dragon here...I'm going for fairly commonplace (supposedly) dragons.

starship412
02-25-17, 06:50 AM
Ok, now I'm frustrated to the point of being done with this game. Since I posted that 3 days ago, I've gotten nothing but Island dragons. I paid gold for the breeding roost and on both I'm having this problem. This is over a dozen Island dragons in a row, and still no Holographic, Waverider or Winter Rose dragons. Heck, I'm not even getting Atlantis dragons anymore. Isn't the main point of this game the breeding? It's not like I'm trying to breed a diamond dragon here...I'm going for fairly commonplace (supposedly) dragons.

I understand how both of you feel. I haven't gotten a new dragon from breeding in over a month and getting nothing but Mists, Islands and ugly Magics. It looks like the algorithm has changed again...

Limequat
02-25-17, 10:31 AM
I don't know if any of these observations are actually true or if I'm just imagining things, but here are a few things you could try if you want to increase your chances of breeding a rare dragon:

1. Check your bingo card to see what common dragons it's asking you to breed. I seem to have a ton of trouble breeding common dragons when they show up on bingo. So if you see "breed an Island dragon" as one of the tasks on your bingo card, use that as your opportunity to breed blue and green rare dragons. Also, it seems like the higher your ranking, the lower your chances are of breeding that common dragon. It's as if the game is trying to frustrate you and force you to spend gold to complete the task when it knows you're trying to maintain your position at the top of the board. And when you're at the bottom, it makes it easier to earn those points to move on up, which encourages those ahead of you to spend gold to maintain their position. If it's not too time consuming for you and the other people in your group aren't too competitive, try playing Bingo for a bit to move to the top of your group.

2. I also swear that once you finally manage to breed a certain dragon, they don't stop coming once they start. I'd spend months trying to get a certain dragon, and when I finally manage to breed one, I get several more of that dragon in a row when I'm hoping that I'd get a different dragon with the same color combo. Along the same line, I think the more copies of a dragon you have on your island, the more likely you are to breed that dragon. When I was trying for triple element dragons with yellow and white like Nano, I got rid of the Sunrise dragon on my island. I found that I would get other common dragons (that I did keep on my island) a lot more often than Sunrise. It's still frustrating to get a ton of Mists and Winters when I'm trying for Nano, but it's a lot less so when I have less Sunrise fails to deal with.

AuntyRose32
04-12-17, 10:45 AM
I'd like to try breeding for a Shell dragon and a Turtle dragon, I have a Tropic Dragon. I never managed to get the other two, so my Tropic is still alone on her island. Valuable real estate going to waste with just one dragon in that habitat! My question is, can I still breed the Shell and Turtle?
If so what combo is needed for the Shell, Tropic and Virtue? I searched for a thread on Shell but can't seem to find one.

PeppiVille
04-12-17, 01:42 PM
For Virtue try Fire and Light,
Shell try Virtue and Tropic
Turtle try Forest and Tropic.

Goodluck!

AuntyRose32
04-12-17, 03:08 PM
For Virtue try Fire and Light,
Shell try Virtue and Tropic
Turtle try Forest and Tropic.

Goodluck!

Thanks! I'll start with Shell.

blueangel826
04-14-17, 08:14 PM
Moon Dragon, I've been trying to breed for days using night and light and I'm getting frustrated with the fails, although I now have tons to trade. I'm a couple of days away from being able to craft a Lotus (my first crafted dragon). Will the Lotus instead of the Night give better odds? Also, does the lvl matter? I started night and light at lvl 4 and have upgraded both to 7, some new fails resulted but still fails. Any suggestions?

I've been trying to breed Moon since Summer of 2015 on a regular basis. I'm sure I tried at least 140-150 times! 2 wks ago, I had a Bingo space to Breed with Smoke dragon (black/white), so put Diamond & Smoke together & finally got a Moon dragon!! Good luck & keep trying:)

dragogranny
05-27-17, 10:54 AM
I have a dark green egg with what looks like white wings and hatch time of 27 hours does anyone know the name?

AuroraLava
05-27-17, 11:02 AM
I have a dark green egg with what looks like white wings and hatch time of 27 hours does anyone know the name?

Is it this?36920

starship412
05-27-17, 11:22 AM
It's an Elder Dragon

dragogranny
05-27-17, 12:24 PM
It's an Elder Dragon
Thanks that is it

sharbuch
05-28-17, 07:29 PM
Circuit dragon yet apparently its breedable now but i have no idea how long it takes or the breeding combo.

Hartoled
05-28-17, 07:36 PM
Circuit dragon yet apparently its breedable now but i have no idea how long it takes or the breeding combo.

I bred it long ago...so long that I'm pretty sure that all I had was Virtue and Night to try with at that time.

It's a 21 hour dragon.

sharbuch
05-28-17, 07:40 PM
Anybody no the time on this one please and any combos they used.

sharbuch
05-28-17, 07:41 PM
I bred it long ago...so long that I'm pretty sure that all I had was Virtue and Night to try with at that time.

It's a 22 hour dragon.

Thqnk you so much.

Hartoled
05-28-17, 07:43 PM
Thqnk you so much.

Sorry, it's 21 hours, not 22. The site was down or something and I couldn't manage to change it before you saw my post.

lnztrekfan
05-29-17, 06:26 PM
Anybody no the time on this one please and any combos they used.

Behemoth is 14 hrs. I guess magic and air since its purple and yellow. Good Luck!

Ali03Jah07
05-31-17, 12:16 AM
Anyone know If Awoken dragon is breedable?

starship412
05-31-17, 05:49 AM
Anyone know If Awoken dragon is breedable?

It is and it's a common dragon well, maybe. Because a Tales is going on people have reported that it's been harder to breed.

Drachenia
06-02-17, 12:36 PM
Hello dear people and moderators! What a dragon is this Egg 19 hours:

amerirish
06-02-17, 01:09 PM
Hello dear people and moderators! What a dragon is this Egg 19 hours:

That's Beastmaster, the new reissued Limited Time Dragon:
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Purple Blue Red
Habitat: Purple Gardens, Blue Lagoon, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 32
Buying Price: 1,500 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 19 hours
Exp Gained: 3,000 Exp

Drachenia
06-02-17, 06:37 PM
That's Beastmaster, the new reissued Limited Time Dragon:
Rarity: Super Rare
Type: Purple Blue Red
Habitat: Purple Gardens, Blue Lagoon, Red Rocks
Available at: Level 32
Buying Price: 1,500 Gold
Selling Price: 100 Coin
Incubation: 19 hours
Exp Gained: 3,000 Exp

Thank you amerirish, this is very good :D

amerirish
06-02-17, 06:49 PM
Thank you amerirish, this is very good :D

You're welcome. Congrats! :D

sharbuch
06-02-17, 07:06 PM
Comboe and time pn the beastmaster please

Hartoled
06-02-17, 07:45 PM
Comboe and time pn the beastmaster please

Purple, Blue, and Red, for 19 Hours.

leo2010leo
06-04-17, 08:01 PM
Athene (Olympus/Yellow) + Frozen (black/blue), 8 hours. What dragon can it be please?

starship412
06-04-17, 08:54 PM
Athene (Olympus/Yellow) + Frozen (black/blue), 8 hours. What dragon can it be please?

Genie (common), Hermes (common) or Godmother (super rare)

Mbrill75
06-21-17, 07:33 PM
How do I breed the Islander dragon. I used Royal and Splatter and got 24 hrs I thought that was it. But no!!!!!! I got another Sunrise. Ugh!!!!

kooky panda
06-22-17, 09:24 AM
How do I breed the Islander dragon. I used Royal and Splatter and got 24 hrs I thought that was it. But no!!!!!! I got another Sunrise. Ugh!!!!
Please see Islander thread

https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89721-Islander-dragon

kingkobra73
06-28-17, 07:39 PM
I have a diamond dragon and I was wondering is there an easy way to breed another one using a diamond dragon? If yes what combo should I use? Thanks in advance for your help...

harobeda
06-28-17, 08:31 PM
Crusader (44 hours) and Ridgeback (41 hours) are red and diamond. You'll get an hour or two of continuous 10 second fire dragon fails.... but put in the time and you'll get one. Also Quetzal (32 hours) is green and diamond, similarly you'll get lots of forest fails (but they too are super short fails). Once you get Quetzal, breed it together with diamond to try for Infinity (40 hours). You could breed diamond and crusader/ridgeback but the 44/41 hour fail is worse than a 32 hour fail.

kingkobra73
06-28-17, 08:54 PM
Crusader (44 hours) and Ridgeback (41 hours) are red and diamond. You'll get an hour or two of continuous 10 second fire dragon fails.... but put in the time and you'll get one. Also Quetzal (32 hours) is green and diamond, similarly you'll get lots of forest fails (but they too are super short fails). Once you get Quetzal, breed it together with diamond to try for Infinity (40 hours). You could breed diamond and crusader/ridgeback but the 44/41 hour fail is worse than a 32 hour fail.
Thank you for your help

Reggie9279
06-29-17, 05:20 AM
Hi, I am new at this and I had a question about the dragons that have more than one color such as it has a white and a red, which color is the dominant. Ok you know when the bingo task says breed a pink type with a yellow I assume that it doesn't necessarily mean only the dragons that only have those colors however how do I know which category the ones with multi falls into. I hope this makes sense to someone and they can help. Thanks

santy2012
06-30-17, 07:48 PM
for fairy light + sunflower pyramid +green. air+green.

santy2012
06-30-17, 08:02 PM
how about dino

FieldsLikeB
06-30-17, 08:30 PM
Been trying for Archangel since he came out, help please.

brendanwangx10
07-14-17, 07:15 AM
I got dragons similar to gemstone dragon but mix with other element. :confused:

starship412
07-14-17, 05:58 PM
Blue + Green

AnglChk507
07-14-17, 08:23 PM
Does anyone know what the dragon breeds are? Because I don't know if it's even worth it if it's something like a green/yellow and a blue/white etc etc lol so knowing what makes these dragons would be of use

Wood nymph dragon
Swimmer dragon

random59
07-14-17, 11:22 PM
Does anyone know what the dragon breeds are? Because I don't know if it's even worth it if it's something like a green/yellow and a blue/white etc etc lol so knowing what makes these dragons would be of use

Wood nymph dragon
Swimmer dragon

Wood Nymph is from Wicked Waters Dragon Tale, Fairytale/Pink/Green
Swimmer is a Flash Tournament Dragon, Blue/White.

Hope this helps.

bakerystoe
07-21-17, 05:13 AM
After many tries, I finally got Diamond Prism by Diamond And Chroma( 2nd time ). I love the patterns and design of Diamond Prism So much!! Thank you Storm 8❣️

SassyRum
07-22-17, 03:26 PM
Any suggestions on a combo to breed the Blue Peacock dragon? Thx

pinkflower7777
07-22-17, 07:08 PM
Any suggestions on a combo to breed the Blue Peacock dragon? Thx

Sorry but you can't breed Blue Peacock at this time. It is a purchase only for 300 gold.

random59
08-05-17, 03:33 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Night used to be ellusive and it is appearing regularly now, bred 3 trying for Coral for Bingo, not used to trading so many of them at once!
Has something changed in the dynamics for breeding them?

newzealander
08-06-17, 03:25 PM
Can anyone tell me what this 47 hour egg is? I cant even remember what I used to breed it!

Edit: OMG DO I FINALLY HAVE MY ACHILLES.?? Been trying for months!

starship412
08-06-17, 04:50 PM
Can anyone tell me what this 47 hour egg is? I cant even remember what I used to breed it!

It is an Achilles. What dragons did you use to breed that beauty?

newzealander
08-06-17, 06:19 PM
It is an Achilles. What dragons did you use to breed that beauty?
I clicked "rebreed" to see - it was Infinity and Hermes. Random!

FireballFarm
08-06-17, 06:46 PM

Ooo! Congrats!

Sjadelove
08-20-17, 03:36 AM
I have ooggled, obsessed and drooled over the Starry Night dragon for years ever since I first saw it! I'm a big art girl so this was right up my alley. For years I've tried and no success. Sad face. Fingers crossed this is my year!!!!

So I'm asking all my DS brothers and sisters if you breed the Starry Night please post your breeding combos and how long it took you.

Any other info you think may be helpful be sure to add.

Thanks fellow DS junkies

PinkButterfly37
08-26-17, 07:53 PM
One of my neighbors on DS told me u could breed the Tropic dragon (palm tree symbol) because they have one. Also, the Dino dragon(has a bone symbol). How do you breed them?

FireballFarm
08-26-17, 08:34 PM
One of my neighbors on DS told me u could breed the Tropic dragon (palm tree symbol) because they have one. Also, the Dino dragon(has a bone symbol). How do you breed them?

You can get a Tropic Dragon by combing red and blue.
A Dino Dragon comes from combining red and green.

As with all dragons, it can take you many, many tries to breed the one you want. Just keep on breeding the colors together and your Tropic and your Dino will eventually pop out. :)

Good luck!

Edit: Although you could breed a red dragon with a blue/green dragon (like Fire X Island) and both Tropic and Dino would be possible outcomes, I wouldn't recommend it. That combo will likely give you a ton of 20 hour Island and Magic fails. Yuck. Just thought I'd add that. :D

starship412
08-26-17, 08:59 PM
I have ooggled, obsessed and drooled over the Starry Night dragon for years ever since I first saw it! I'm a big art girl so this was right up my alley. For years I've tried and no success. Sad face. Fingers crossed this is my year!!!!

So I'm asking all my DS brothers and sisters if you breed the Starry Night please post your breeding combos and how long it took you.

Any other info you think may be helpful be sure to add.

Thanks fellow DS junkies

I got it with Dark Angel and Shadow as a fail for Diamond Horn. It was my first try.

PinkButterfly37
08-27-17, 12:01 AM
Does it have to be boosted breed or can it just be regular?

harobeda
08-27-17, 06:48 AM
Does it have to be boosted breed or can it just be regular?

Regular breed will work. I've never seen much improvement in chances of a dragon using boosted breed. Unless it's free I never boost, I always go regular.

Colorific12
08-27-17, 02:34 PM
What combo of dragons breeds a Rainbow Dragon? For bingo. Thanks!

Silverrain1
08-27-17, 03:18 PM
What combo of dragons breeds a Rainbow Dragon? For bingo. Thanks!

You can't breed a rainbow dragon I'm afraid. It was a prize from an event. The only breedable rainbow creature is opal octopus and I believe the combo is water and crystal

Colorific12
08-27-17, 07:47 PM
Could someone kindly advise my on breeding combos for rainbow dragons?

FireballFarm
08-27-17, 08:44 PM
Could someone kindly advise my on breeding combos for rainbow dragons?

Any combination that includes blue and yellow can produce a Rainbow Dragon. The basic Air X Water has 10 possible outcomes (one of which is a Prime, so as long as you are not using level 15 dragons in your den, that drops it to only 9 possible outcomes).

There are no ideal or perfect combos. The same combination someone else used to get a Rainbow might take a year to give you one. Any pair that includes only blue and yellow, whether it's Air X Water, or Mist X Cosmos, or Clown X Air, has the exact same odds of producing a Rainbow Dragon. You'll likely get many common fails (looking at you, Mist), but persistence is what counts in this game. Just keep on combining blue and yellow and eventually you'll get it. :) Good luck!

Colorific12
08-28-17, 07:23 PM
thank you so much!!

71smoky
08-28-17, 09:10 PM
I just got rainbow by accident today . both parents were blue and yellow, Blue Peacock. And Cosmos.

I have 2 questions . one what has a 33 hr time the would have come from Light(white ) and Awoken (blue5/red)? Was going for Gemini, the egg is pink and gold. The second question is i know I have seen a list of dragons by the hours but now can not find it. I have been looking for hours. Can someone tell me where it is? Please?

Sorry additional observation I just realized the egg on my nest is Aqua, looks just like the add. Was 25 hrs bred fromFire And Zodiac. It is not in the store that I can find so I thought it was not breedable? Will hatch very soon it has been a very long wait. I do a lot of random breeds, some of my very best dragons have come from them, double up on colors, etc. I have a lot of rare and super rare dragons with some ultras.

FireballFarm
08-28-17, 11:13 PM
I have 2 questions . one what has a 33 hr time the would have come from Light(white ) and Awoken (blue5/red)? Was going for Gemini, the egg is pink and gold. The second question is i know I have seen a list of dragons by the hours but now can not find it. I have been looking for hours. Can someone tell me where it is? Please?

Your 33 hour egg is a Virtue, which is the basic pure pink dragon (also the only egg with a 33 hr timer). The list of eggs and times is on another site, but we are not allowed to post links on here. A search should locate it easily though. :)

Aqua is not available through breeding. It never has been. The only way you can get one is to buy it, or if you won it in an event back in January. None of the element-type hybrids can be bred. Aqua is for sale right now in a special "value pack" that should be promoted by an icon on the right hand side of your screen.
The only 25 hour outcome from breeding Fire X Leo (the pure zodiac dragon) is Penumbra. I also checked Fire X Pisces (a zodiac/blue), and the only 25 hr. outcome for that pair is Penumbra, as well.

PinkButterfly37
08-28-17, 11:34 PM
FireballFarm...on the Tropic and Dino dragons do u regular breed or use boosted breed to get them?

FireballFarm sent u private message

71smoky
08-29-17, 06:12 AM
Thank you for the information I really appreciate the help. I have been trying for Penumbra for quite a while. To get it by accident. Is great.

leo2010leo
09-04-17, 04:59 AM
What on earth is this, please? The parents were Emberglow (black/yellow) and Kitzune (pink), the timer says is's 13 hours...

harobeda
09-04-17, 07:54 AM
What on earth is this, please? The parents were Emberglow (black/yellow) and Kitzune (pink), the timer says is's 13 hours...

I had to look it up - but it's an invisible dragon.