PDA

View Full Version : What timed/event buildings or items have stayed out in your kingdom after the event?

totalwasteoftime
03-06-16, 12:36 AM
I'm plugging away at coin collection and float upgrades for St Patrick's Day 2016 and it got me wondering which prizes or buildings others have kept out after the event and why...

I started playing around Halloween 2014 and didn't do that Hallowwen event (was far enough along but didn't have enough resources to spare and hadn't encountered the forum yet to understand what I was playing for...) so my first event was the AMAZING Bountiful Table and since then have found some things great/helpful/add something and others not so much.

I may be forgetting some, but:
I keep out and collect from the Bountiful Table and Mystery Dinner table (whole feasts!)
The Harvest Pergola (which I may have bought for gems after the event?) and Summer Gazebo (for food drops)
Food shelter (for food drops)
Winter bakery (it's always cooking something!)
Vineyard (I'm always growing strawberries and the other things that drop with it are a nice bonus)
Glimmer bat habitat (I have plenty of fruit trees so this one is because I like the crazy bat)
Stargazers ridge (I tap it periodically hoping for ENERGY, but since I keep getting ONE glimmer dust it may soon go into storage)

A lot of things have gone into storage, but I'm wondering what others have out and why in case I've buried something that may actually be helpful (like the Essence Pool... seems like it's less helpful than a simple pool even aside from the current event, but am I missing something?)

So what are some things you keep out and why?

ShibuyaCloth
03-06-16, 12:48 AM
most, I am full of all you can imagine (still resisting Super Yummy Pie).

totalwasteoftime
03-06-16, 12:51 AM
most, I am full of all you can imagine (still resisting Super Yummy Pie).

So most thing have stayed out? Or gone into storage? If they're out are there any I didn't list that you find more helpful?

Niire
03-06-16, 01:37 AM
I've been playing since last year, my first world event was the equestrian one I think...but I was young and didn't get very far. So my track is stored, as is my glimmer bat and orphanage (though, once I get room, they'll be out for sure), along with the essence pool (same thing)...I have the food shelter out, princess lorelei's fountain, the mermaid pond (was a great investment for the scales at the time, now even moreso!). I am on android so am hobbled quite a bit...but I did leave my ridge out, in the area I built for the characters' homes and the knight's hall and castle, it has dropped energy several times for me. :)

Sandybellee
03-06-16, 02:05 AM
Equestrian Race was my first event too. :)

I've kept out:

- Horse Track (drops light armor, carrots, sugar, rope, fertilizer...)
- Mystery Dinner Table (feasts!)
- Glimmer Fountain (glimmer dust etc.)
- Sir Hamlet + other Hamlet event prizes
- Princess Lorelei's Fountain
- Food Shelter
- Harvest Pergola (bought on sale)

Will take the Stargazer's Ridge out of storage when I have room for it again because it's dropped energy several times.

ShibuyaCloth
03-06-16, 03:10 AM
So most thing have stayed out? Or gone into storage? If they're out are there any I didn't list that you find more helpful?

Sorry should have said: most out "of the board", in storage.

Permanent on the board:
+ Mystery Dinner Table (for feasts)
+ Harvest Pergola (for feasts)
+ Bountiful Table (for feasts)
+ Truffle Trove (for truffle -> Feed the Baron)

Special (Stored back after usage):
+ Parade Float (event)
+ Witch's Cauldron (for potions)

Sheeba8188
03-06-16, 03:42 AM
All in storage apart from harvest pergola and food shelter for food drops. Bountiful table will come back out once I have enough gems to complete it so it drops feasts but time and time again these timed event items and most other buildings sit idle on my board and I had enough one day and stored everything I don't regularly collect from some character houses with the exception of Kazs Abode, Ivys hut and Greseldas Castle.

Niire
03-06-16, 04:56 AM
Oh hey yeah, my glimmer fountain is still out too. :) sandy, ever since then, any event android's had thrown at them, I have done. I really wanted to finish the equestrian thing too, but just hit the level to participate at all like 3 days before it poofed. :(

I tend to decorate as much functioning stuff in as I can on any of the s8 games I play...if that makes sense.

robotparade
03-06-16, 08:25 AM
I still have out:

* Bountiful Table (level 5 drops feasts)
* Horse Track and bidding booths (the booths can drop living wood!)
* Glass Bottle Palisade (wall) - just deco, but I like how it looks
* Vineyard
* Spooky Tree
* Haunted Path road tiles
* Halloween Banner
* Pinkie The Alicorn
* Wedding Alicorn
* Frenchie the dog and a cat too, can't remember which event they came from.

I will leave out the Lucky Workshop - I think it's cute.

I put away the Orphanage. I really disliked how it looked as well as the whole story behind it, but that's just me.

Also put away the Petting Zoo.

I had the Castle Garden out for a while, but it's put away now because the drops aren't really useful enough to warrant taking up so much space.

PrincessCupOButter
03-06-16, 08:54 AM
I keep the following out for the drops
-horse track & bidding booth
-glimmerbat habitat
-summer gazebo
-vineyard
-cauldron, spooky tree
-food shelter
-Hamlet and all related prizes from that event
-bountiful & mystery tables
-harvest pergola & reindeer stable (these were gem purchases, because I missed the events)
-Matrix, Flare & Bijou dragons (I think this was my first timed event) (many drops including occasional gems!)
-glimmer fountain
-castle garden
-stargazer's ridge (I rarely get energy, so it may end up stored)
-pink alicorn
-Ivys winter bakery
-Rouncey

In storage
-petting zoo
-haunted hall
-orphanage (I hate the way it looks at max level)
-pepto pink Pyre Tent
-essence(less) pond
-most of the deco only prizes from all events

Niire
03-06-16, 09:06 AM
You all really make me want an IPad, heh. I am on android, so my list is pretty small compared. :(

rulerofjennyville
03-06-16, 04:07 PM
Hmmm - let's see.

Always out
Glimmer bat
Mystery dinner table ( but not lorelei's fountain - I finally gave up and put it in storage. My ponds get better drops)
Pretty much everything from the Vineyard estate - cat, dog, house, little pavillion that does nothing but I like.
Sir Hammy and all his accessories. I get good drops off those.
Wedding alicorn and carriage ( though those weren't challenges).
Food Shelter
All 4 turkey animals ( and cupid cows - I have two though I suppose they don't count as a challenge. And my flock of pink chickens).
The horse we had to work so hard for ( can't remember his name)
Summer Gazebo (I get good drops off of it)
Glimmer fountain

In storage
orphanage
petting zoo
stargazer ridge
lorelie's fountain
All the deco from the Christmas challenge and the glimmer new year challenge.

I didn't start doing challenges earlier so I think that's it. I love the alicorn-wish they'd give more away.

PrincessCupOButter
03-06-16, 04:27 PM
You're right jennyville, the wedding alicorn and carriage weren't timed goals, I was thinking they were because of the timed 'get ahead' faster mini quests....(funny we never hear anything about that marriage anymore! Lol)
Princess Lorelei's fountain is also main story line and not a timed quest. I recommend taking it out of storage during monster hunting seasons, as there is a chance for golden troll tokens during hunting season only.

There are as many reasons for choosing what to store and what to leave out as there are players. Some like to decorate and I love visiting those! Some (like me) place things based mostly on whether or not they have good drops, and what materials I need at the time. For a while, my living tree stayed in storage....now, since there seems to be a perpetual need for living wood, it's back on the board. :rolleyes:
The prizes for the current event are up in the air for me right now, if they continue to be useful, they will stay out... if not, they will join the petting zoo and pyre tent in the enormous cellar. (Except the rainbow arch,it stays out!) ;)

rulerofjennyville
03-06-16, 06:14 PM
You're right jennyville, the wedding alicorn and carriage weren't timed goals, I was thinking they were because of the timed 'get ahead' faster mini quests....(funny we never hear anything about that marriage anymore! Lol)
Princess Lorelei's fountain is also main story line and not a timed quest. I recommend taking it out of storage during monster hunting seasons, as there is a chance for golden troll tokens during hunting season only.

There are as many reasons for choosing what to store and what to leave out as there are players. Some like to decorate and I love visiting those! Some (like me) place things based mostly on whether or not they have good drops, and what materials I need at the time. For a while, my living tree stayed in storage....now, since there seems to be a perpetual need for living wood, it's back on the board. :rolleyes:
The prizes for the current event are up in the air for me right now, if they continue to be useful, they will stay out... if not, they will join the petting zoo and pyre tent in the enormous cellar. (Except the rainbow arch,it stays out!) ;)

I'm pretty optimistic this challenges' items will stay in my park. At least I think the rainbow arch and the workshop will. I like the gold path I just need to clear more land for it. I keep trying to decorate but I need to clear more land first. If we're also counting stuff we bought I bought the wizard's school on sale and it is the most practical thing I have.

burritosprings
03-06-16, 07:30 PM
Only things out are what produces.. Wish i could have a LS but that dog has been shot since it cant produce a bird

coolssp
03-06-16, 08:00 PM
Orphanage, essence pond, carriage, pyre tent have all been in the storage but I do have lot of stuff out too... One petting zoo will certainly join the storage, drops aren't too good, I'm surprised to see so many reports on energy drop from ridge, I had 4 energy just once :(

I do usually keep things based on drops, I also have to confess, I'm pretty much hopeless on decorating:) I'm also trying to amass 13K RP so have all 42 Royal building so that takes up loads of space....

rulerofjennyville
03-07-16, 05:20 PM
Orphanage, essence pond, carriage, pyre tent have all been in the storage but I do have lot of stuff out too... One petting zoo will certainly join the storage, drops aren't too good, I'm surprised to see so many reports on energy drop from ridge, I had 4 energy just once :(

I do usually keep things based on drops, I also have to confess, I'm pretty much hopeless on decorating:) I'm also trying to amass 13K RP so have all 42 Royal building so that takes up loads of space....

I finally got three but I get weird drops. I pull more out of storage the more land I get cleared. They should give us a way to open another kingdom so that we can put out more stuff.

Anaboe
03-08-16, 05:13 PM
I keep the following out for the drops
-horse track & bidding booth
-glimmerbat habitat
-summer gazebo
-vineyard
-cauldron, spooky tree
-food shelter
-Hamlet and all related prizes from that event
-bountiful & mystery tables
-harvest pergola & reindeer stable (these were gem purchases, because I missed the events)
-Matrix, Flare & Bijou dragons (I think this was my first timed event) (many drops including occasional gems!)
-glimmer fountain
-castle garden
-stargazer's ridge (I rarely get energy, so it may end up stored)
-pink alicorn
-Ivys winter bakery
-Rouncey

In storage
-petting zoo
-haunted hall
-orphanage (I hate the way it looks at max level)
-pepto pink Pyre Tent
-essence(less) pond
-most of the deco only prizes from all events

Lol, looks like we started at the same moment: those dragons were my first event too. And, apart from the essencepool (which I'm still giving a try) we have the same stuff in storage and on the board :)

PrincessCupOButter
03-09-16, 05:41 AM
Lol, looks like we started at the same moment: those dragons were my first event too. And, apart from the essencepool (which I'm still giving a try) we have the same stuff in storage and on the board :)

Looks like it! :o I started in March and had leveled up enough to just get in on that dragon event I'm pretty sure it was what led me to the forums too! I was very lucky to get all three eggs before time ran out. It took quite a while to get them all hatched, but that was okay. :D

Please let us know if that essence pool starts dropping anything good!?

totalwasteoftime
03-10-16, 12:27 AM
I kept thinking the Essence Pond would do something... or have different drops depending on the color showing... or drop potions (magic essence?)... but alas, only one water at a time.

Sounds like I may want to pull out some of the racetrack stuff again.

rulerofjennyville
03-10-16, 05:19 AM
I kept thinking the Essence Pond would do something... or have different drops depending on the color showing... or drop potions (magic essence?)... but alas, only one water at a time.

I'd forgotten the racetrack was a challenge. I always have it out, it gives OK drops. I pulled the two petting zoos and the stargazers ridge (and the orphanage) back out of storage to give them a chance but so far I get very little return. Same with Lorelei's fountain - I've never gotten anything more than one water or one mermaid scale ( and the occasional fish) off of it even at the height of the troll hunter's challenges. Nothing. I'm glad I got the table which I like off the same challenge because the fountain is a total bust for me.

PrincessCupOButter
03-10-16, 06:11 AM

The racetrack drops are rope, carrots, and horse hair. Not guaranteed, but fairly often. (Of course I'm maxed on horse hair and carrots. Lol) The bidding booth can drop jewels and living wood. (I'm rarely maxed on those!) I don't always clear the track, but I like the way it fits in with the jousting arena, archery range, and amphitheater. I placed them near the barracks and knights castle, gotta keep those Knights entertained and out of trouble when they're not out on an adventure! ;)

The essence pool is too big a gem trap risk for me....if it dropped things from the potion shop, I'd risk it, but not for one water on a 22 hour timer.

totalwasteoftime
03-14-16, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the feedback... I pulled my racetrack back out and am enjoying the multi-drops... after that event I was maxed out on carrots and fertilizer and horse hair but not that I've put away my army of horses I'm appreciating the drops again!