PDA

View Full Version : Watch a Video for Gems option not available for old users?

lucianosgui
03-05-16, 12:40 PM
I've been playing Bakery Story for a long time but I always stop playing it and then come back, and this year I decided to come back and when I did, I invited my family to play with me. But, I noted that they have an option that they, all new accounts, can watch a 30 seconds video and they win gems for it, but this option never appeared to me... Is this normal? How do I get this option to appear for me?

monstertop
03-05-16, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure if there's an official post about how this works, but from what I've gathered from other people's posts only those who are new and play on iOS get this feature. Once you've used money to buy gems on your account, you don't get this option anymore.

Sebsmommy15
03-05-16, 07:36 PM
It's randomized .. Before I didn't get this feature and been playing for almost a year now. I just got this feature a few weeks ago.

Cody123890
03-06-16, 04:58 AM
I'm not sure if there's an official post about how this works, but from what I've gathered from other people's posts only those who are new and play on iOS get this feature. Once you've used money to buy gems on your account, you don't get this option anymore.
I wish someone told me if it is the same for another teamlava game

kooky panda
03-06-16, 01:35 PM
The option is available for iOS players. It is random and goes out to different players (old and new). This is the same for other storm 8 games.

Cody123890
03-08-16, 11:57 AM
so will the videos still work if we buy Gems?

squishyhoney1210
03-08-16, 01:03 PM
I'm on ios and was (keyword:was) able to watch up to 10 videos and receive free gems. On a last minute whim, just yesterday I purchased the Starter and Bundle packs for both my Bakery & Restaurant Story. This was my first time to purchase gems by the way. However, today, to my utter shock and disappointment, the free gems offer is now only up to 3 gems/videos.

If I had known it would be taken away, I wish I hadn't bought those packs. I feel *****ed. If they were going to take away the free 10 gems for 10 videos offer, it should have been made clear to the buyers PRIOR to the purchase. It felt as if I am being punished for purchasing those packs.

I also wonder if I insist on a refund, will the 10 free gems offer be returned and made available to me?

LIDA3209
03-08-16, 04:35 PM
LUCKY you, you used to get 10 videos and 10 free gems, I only got 3 videos and 3 free gems. It stopped for everyone in restaurant story over a month ago. Now we get none at all in the story game. Be happy you're still getting 3

squishyhoney1210
03-08-16, 07:54 PM
Sorry if I appeared to be whining. Just to clarify, I am indeed grateful that at the very least I'm still getting some free gems.

The point I'm trying to make here is that I wouldn't have wilfully engaged in the purchasing of gems/offers if there was information provided upfront prior to confirming the purchase, that I would lose the 'lucky' opportunity to view videos and receive free gems - be it reduced from 10 to 3 or to none at all later.

From what I read here, this occurrence doesn't seem to be random, but it is known mechanics or parameters (to Storm8). If that's the case, I feel that there should have been a screen-prompt providing such information beforehand to aid future players in making the correct decision prior to purchase.

Because, instead of spurring me to buy more gems, this whole experience just made me downright wary what else is in store for me, should I click the next Buy button.

Just my two cents to improve the game.

kooky panda
03-09-16, 11:37 AM
I've been playing Bakery Story for a long time but I always stop playing it and then come back, and this year I decided to come back and when I did, I invited my family to play with me. But, I noted that they have an option that they, all new accounts, can watch a 30 seconds video and they win gems for it, but this option never appeared to me... Is this normal? How do I get this option to appear for me?
This feature goes out to random games. Not every player will receive this particular feature.

Please note that storm 8 may occasionally make changes to feature to balance the economy, which helps the long term health of the game .