PDA

View Full Version : Issues with 4:3 display

ultralila
03-04-16, 10:52 AM
I recently started playing on a new device (Galaxy Tab A, which has a 4:3 picture ratio) and I'm having some issues with Castle Story's display.
The left and right edges are cut off, so the first and last letters in the dialogues don't show. Also, when crafting something in the workshop, the left and right borders don't show so I can't tell if -for example- I have 1 or 51 pieces of wood or stone and need to check my inventory if I want to know for sure.
And what's most annoying: the energy-bar in the upper right corner ist covered almost entirely by the newsfeed-scroll-thingy, so I can only guess how much energy I might have left.
Is that a general problem on 4:3 devices?
Anything that could be done to fix it?

kooky panda
03-04-16, 11:09 AM
I am not sure on this, but I will report this over.

Do you have the same issues in other Storm 8 games?

ultralila
03-04-16, 11:11 AM
So far I've only installed Cupcake Mania. Looks completely normal.

PikaSquirrel
03-04-16, 11:27 AM
I recently started playing on a new device (Galaxy Tab A, which has a 4:3 picture ratio) and I'm having some issues with Castle Story's display.
The left and right edges are cut off, so the first and last letters in the dialogues don't show. Also, when crafting something in the workshop, the left and right borders don't show so I can't tell if -for example- I have 1 or 51 pieces of wood or stone and need to check my inventory if I want to know for sure.
And what's most annoying: the energy-bar in the upper right corner ist covered almost entirely by the newsfeed-scroll-thingy, so I can only guess how much energy I might have left.
Is that a general problem on 4:3 devices?
Anything that could be done to fix it?

Can you PM me the Storm8 ID of the account that is currently on the tablet? Also, if you could send us a screenshot of this issue?

ultralila
03-04-16, 12:08 PM
This is it, with scroll-thingy right over the energy-bar:
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/gratisbeilage/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_13914-Screenshot_2016-03-03-19-42-45205612855_zps5vucwe4t.png

And the workshop-menu:
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/gratisbeilage/Mobile%20Uploads/tmp_13914-Screenshot_2016-03-03-19-43-211291599295_zps7fznztf6.png

My id is ultralila, thank you very much for the quick replies!

troon7
03-12-16, 12:12 PM
I'm neighbour came problem on my Galaxy Tab S2 8.0

troon7
03-13-16, 05:52 AM
I have just tried the game tuner app. It does support the tab s2, but doesn't appear to make any difference to castle story. It is easy to use and seems to only adjust frame rate or aspect ratio, but not in the case of this game. Thank you for trying.

gratisbeilage
03-20-16, 11:52 PM
I have the same problem, also on Galaxy Tab A.
It's not exactly stopping me from playing ;), but I would be really appreciate being able to see how much energy I have left.
Also play Restaurant Story and Bakery Story where everything's fine.
So, any chance this will be fixed? Or are we simply out of luck?

djs1girl
03-25-16, 05:39 AM
I am trying to play on an S2 as well. It won't even open on mine. It will get to the white screen with the Blue S, and won't go any further, but I can tell that even that screen is distorted, so I am suspicious that if it ever does work that the game screen will also have distortion issues.

pandoraspoks
05-28-16, 09:47 PM
Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7-Inch and the game does not fit the screen it is too big for the screen, I cant see how much energy I have because the scroll covers it, and when I go to Messages or other screens I cant see the red and blue arrows. My other games don't have this problem.

gratisbeilage
06-18-16, 06:59 AM
So this issue seems to be sort of fixed with the latest update.
I must say that the screen still seems a bit distorted, everything is a bit longer than it should be which makes it somewhat less nice-looking than before. But at least the menus and the energy-bar are showing again, so I guess that's a change for the better.

PikaSquirrel
06-20-16, 02:03 PM
So this issue seems to be sort of fixed with the latest update.
I must say that the screen still seems a bit distorted, everything is a bit longer than it should be which makes it somewhat less nice-looking than before. But at least the menus and the energy-bar are showing again, so I guess that's a change for the better.

Glad to hear that the update did help a bit. Could you please send us a screenshot of how it currently looks when you open the game in 1.5.0.4g?

pandoraspoks
06-23-16, 07:55 PM
Thank you for fixing the screen size, now I can see everything