PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Limited Edition Sales (2016/03/03)

ShibuyaCloth
03-03-16, 02:38 PM
Edit from SpiritWind: Here is my post from the main event thread.

Dear players, I've received word from S8 that the Rainbow Gate and the Gold Path were only meant to be prizes and as such they have now been removed from the market.

If you had purchased either of these items, they have not been removed from your game. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

I'll amend post 2 accordingly. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know by PM so we can keep this thread in tact.

edit to add: Rainbow Gate - you still get the rare drops if you have this now.

thanks, SW.

New Items on sale:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7015.png_2v_31020.png
Gold Path
Info: Stroll upon road of fortune and wealth! Prize from the Season of Luck event.
Type: Decoration
Source: Purchase
Size: 1x1
Requirements: 2 gems
Events: Season of Luck - March 2016
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89600

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7016.png_2v_31020.png
Butterfly Path
Info: A spring path to lead the way through a garden of butterflies!
Requirements: 2 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7000044.png_2v_31020.png
Butterfly Hedge
Info: A Hedge of butterfly-attracting flowers for your Kingdom.
Royal Points: 1
Requirements: 45 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7000043.png_2v_31020.png
Rainbow Gate
Info: A lucky archway of vibrant color for your Kingdom. Prize from the Season of Luck event. Small chance to drop Lucky Clover or Lucky Magic.
Size: 1x2
Royal Points: 3
Requirements: 20 gems
Drops: Coins, Lucky Clover, Lucky Magic
Events: Season of Luck - March 2016
Timer: 240 minutes // 4 hours
Speed-up: 16 gems
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89600

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb7000045.png_2v_31020.png
Butterfly Gate
Info: An archway of butterfly-attracting flowers for your Kingdom.
Size: 1x2
Royal Points: 3
Requirements: 20 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb906048.png_2v_31020.png
Bunny Puppy
Info: Spring is here, and this Golden Retriever is ready to celebrate!
Requirements: 200 gems
Drops: Coins, ?
Timer: 480 minutes // 8 hours
Speed-up: 32 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb906049.png_2v_31020.png
Glimmeregg Chick
Info: Someone got into the Glimmereggs! Produces Eggs and Roast Chicken for cooking.
Requirements: 40 gems

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb805060.png_2v_31020.png
Rainbow Pot
Info: A lucky Rainbow Pot of gifts!
Source: Event
Requirements: 18 gems // 10 Four Leaf Clover, 10 Lucky Coin, 10 Horseshoe

Korlcek
03-03-16, 02:53 PM
Glimmeregg chick drops the same items as regular chicken and Bunny puppy drops the same items as other dogs incl. Glimmerdust

ShibuyaCloth
03-03-16, 03:07 PM
Glimmeregg chick drops the same items as regular chicken and Bunny puppy drops the same items as other dogs incl. Glimmerdust

Thanks, what is the timer of chick?

Violetvoo
03-03-16, 04:08 PM
Does the chick grow up or does it stay cute?

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-03-16, 04:57 PM
Timer on the chick is 30 mins and it stays as a tiny chick; it doesn't grow up.

...I'm a little confused by the Rainbow Gate, tho...
It says it has a 4-hour timer with a small chance to drop Lucky Clover or Lucky Magic (which is needed in the new upcoming workshop). It's also the LAST community prize, soooooo we won't WIN one (with that small chance of dropping those "lucky" items) until the very END of the event. Lol, okayyyyyy, guess we have to spend 20 gems if we want that resource for Lucky Clover/Magic for the DURATION of the event, huh? lol.

...and again, who in their right mind will spend 45 gems for ONE hedge when all other gem-hedges in the market are 3 gems!?! That's nuts. :confused::rolleyes:

CharmOfLea
03-03-16, 05:20 PM
I thought they were too small to see in the game, but really, where are the butterflies on the butterfly gate?

Thanks, Shi, for the pics.

Edit PS Oh now I see, actually there are no butterflies on the hedges either.

ShibuyaCloth
03-03-16, 11:48 PM
Timer on the chick is 30 mins and it stays as a tiny chick; it doesn't grow up.

...I'm a little confused by the Rainbow Gate, tho...
It says it has a 4-hour timer with a small chance to drop Lucky Clover or Lucky Magic (which is needed in the new upcoming workshop). It's also the LAST community prize, soooooo we won't WIN one (with that small chance of dropping those "lucky" items) until the very END of the event. Lol, okayyyyyy, guess we have to spend 20 gems if we want that resource for Lucky Clover/Magic for the DURATION of the event, huh? lol.

...and again, who in their right mind will spend 45 gems for ONE hedge when all other gem-hedges in the market are 3 gems!?! That's nuts. :confused::rolleyes:

Thanks NW, 30 min was my initial guess as all chicken have a 30 min timer. As for the Rainbow gate, not clue what Lucky Magic is. Last sale there was also a hedge for 45 gems. Now that is called premium decoration. Slightly out of my budget.

awesomejujubeans
03-04-16, 01:21 PM
I just bought and used my Rainbow Pot. It gave me: Mithril, Manticore Whisker, Floral Glow, and Vital Extract. Kind of wished I saved it for a decoration, but I was so curious what was in it! :P

sunnygirl634
03-04-16, 02:15 PM
So I bought the Rainbow Gate thinking it would get me ahead on Lucky Magic and Lucky Clover. It only dropped 50 coin, lol. I'm hopeful that once I get to the point where all that is unlocked that it will actually drop that stuff. I realize it says "small chance" but it will not drop anything but 50 coin for me. Anyone just getting coins at this early stage?

AnniePMH
03-04-16, 02:45 PM
So I bought the Rainbow Gate thinking it would get me ahead on Lucky Magic and Lucky Clover. It only dropped 50 coin, lol. I'm hopeful that once I get to the point where all that is unlocked that it will actually drop that stuff. I realize it says "small chance" but it will not drop anything but 50 coin for me. Anyone just getting coins at this early stage?

Mostly 50 (normal) coins, 1 exp, but on one occasion also 1 clover:D:rolleyes:

danzplace
03-04-16, 02:56 PM
Mine is just coins so far.

ladyperidot
03-04-16, 03:03 PM
Mostly 50 (normal) coins, 1 exp, but on one occasion also 1 clover:D:rolleyes:

I think I've collected 4 or 5 times from mine. One clover once! Oh well, it put it by Old Thomas' telescope, at least he has something to look at.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-04-16, 03:16 PM
I collected from my Rainbow Gate 3 or 4 times and just got a XP & $50 coins, too...and then I got a Lucky Magic. :)

figththefire
03-04-16, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know for sure if this items (except rainbow pot) will be in market now always???

Sandybellee
03-04-16, 11:58 PM
Does anyone know for sure if this items (except rainbow pot) will be in market now always???

These are all limited items.

figththefire
03-05-16, 10:12 AM
These are all limited items.

But only rainbow pot says Limited Edition

awesomejujubeans
03-07-16, 10:49 PM
Is the Rainbow Gate gone already? Maybe I'm just too tired, but I can't find it anymore.

EBJW
03-07-16, 10:55 PM
Is the Rainbow Gate gone already? Maybe I'm just too tired, but I can't find it anymore.

Yes, I read earlier in another thread some things weren't meant for sale, oops, mistake....

(but people who did buy them: they have not been removed from your kingdom/inventory.)

SpiritWind00
03-07-16, 10:55 PM

It has been removed From the market. Here is my post from the main event thread.

Dear players, I've received word from S8 that the Rainbow Gate and the Gold Path were only meant to be prizes and as such they have now been removed from the market.

If you had purchased either of these items, they have not been removed from your game. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

I'll amend post 2 accordingly. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know by PM so we can keep this thread in tact.

edit to add: Rainbow Gate - you still get the rare drops if you have this now.

thanks, SW.

awesomejujubeans
03-07-16, 11:00 PM
Aw, darn. Well, I hope we get it! I think it will look nice as a front gate to the kingdoms. :)

SpiritWind00
03-07-16, 11:06 PM
Aw, darn. Well, I hope we get it! I think it will look nice as a front gate to the kingdoms. :)

We will get the community one as a prize... :) we've never failed to finish one of these events, so don't worry. ;););)

vaso1908
03-10-16, 05:42 AM
I just got 2 expansion permits from a rainbow pot. I have gotten them before but never 2 at the same time!! That was a pleasant surprise :D

Sandybellee
03-10-16, 07:13 AM
Congrats on the permits! I couldn't resist buying one pot but now I don't dare to chop it, lol! :D

Sandybellee
03-10-16, 07:15 AM
But only rainbow pot says Limited Edition

Good point. According to the thread title they are limited though. I wouldn't expect at least the dog and the chick to stay because they have an Easter theme.

Sandybellee
03-10-16, 07:51 AM
Ok, chopped the rainbow pot. My loot was: 1 lemonade, 1 faerie jar, 1 expansion permit and 6 gems! :)

danzplace
03-10-16, 08:56 AM
Wow, so tempting. Expansions permits are great prizes!!!!
Loving this adventure.

materri
03-10-16, 10:06 AM
I have had the glimmerchick for about 4 weeks now and its still a baby girl s this normal?

ShibuyaCloth
03-10-16, 10:14 AM
yes, does not grow

materri
03-10-16, 03:33 PM
Thank You was making me crazy lol

UnkelFester
03-14-16, 12:53 PM
Looks like the Rainbow Pot has now been taken off the market.

A pity, as I had treated myself to a few of these and had enjoyed chopping them for expansion permits and other goodies.

tabskingdom
03-15-16, 01:25 AM
Why does it say gold coins 50% off? Where are they I don't see any

SpiritWind00
03-15-16, 01:50 AM
Why does it say gold coins 50% off? Where are they I don't see any

They are gold troll tokens and you can purchase them in the Trade Wagon (for the cooking camp).;)

newzealander
03-15-16, 07:33 AM
I don't have the option to purchase them in the trade wagon. The only thing in there is the cooking camp that I don't have enough coins for. Yes, I have tried force closing.

Lyzau
03-15-16, 07:39 AM
I don't have the option to purchase them in the trade wagon. The only thing in there is the cooking camp that I don't have enough coins for. Yes, I have tried force closing.

You will not see an actual coin purchase option, just the value of gems that it would cost you. That value is now 50% off (25 gems) of what it is normally (50 gems) per coin.

newzealander
03-15-16, 09:38 AM
You will not see an actual coin purchase option, just the value of gems that it would cost you. That value is now 50% off (25 gems) of what it is normally (50 gems) per coin.
Thanks for the explanation, Lyzau. That makes sense. (Although the cooking camp is still well out of reach!)

tuffyjkitten
03-15-16, 10:31 AM
They are gold troll tokens and you can purchase them in the Trade Wagon (for the cooking camp).;)

So does this mean there won't be any more monster hunts and we have to buy coins if we want the cooking camp?

iamvan2
03-15-16, 05:09 PM
Why are the Rainbow Pots no longer available to purchase? It's not even St Patrick's Day yet. I wanted a couple for decirations😞

SpiritWind00
03-15-16, 07:05 PM
So does this mean there won't be any more monster hunts and we have to buy coins if we want the cooking camp?
We will definitely have more monster hunts! (I have had this confirmed by S8). :)

Why are the Rainbow Pots no longer available to purchase? It's not even St Patrick's Day yet. I wanted a couple for decirations��
The rainbow pots were a limited time release which has now expired and therefore have been removed from the market.

tuffyjkitten
03-16-16, 07:32 AM
Yay, thanks SW! I like monster hunts. :) :)

twinkletoes12348
03-16-16, 07:53 AM
Yay, thanks SW! I like monster hunts. :) :)

Me too!

Niire
03-16-16, 08:43 AM
Yes! A chance to beat up monsters...for profit!!

Babs526
03-16-16, 09:50 AM

Previously there was a sale on Royal blocks and Royal beams for 50% off, but these are crafted items. It did not seem that they required less material to craft. These sale are very confusing.

carove
03-16-16, 10:25 PM
I just got 2 expansion permits from a rainbow pot. I have gotten them before but never 2 at the same time!! That was a pleasant surprise :D

I chopped nine pots and did not get 1 permit. Ugghhh😡

SpiritWind00
03-31-16, 04:12 PM
Some of these items are now in the market permanently and have been added to the Inventory Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76375).