PDA

View Full Version : How does selling animals work?

Britilina
03-02-16, 03:58 PM
So for the petting zoo event, I was in need of coins. I found that selling animals (I have a ton of them) is fruitless - they are all worth 0 coins.

I'm beginning to suspect that the selling value of the animal may depend either on how many times it's been tended, or how long it's been placed. After I tended my 10 cows, I was able to sell them for 25 coins each, but the cows I had previously were worth 0. The Black Pigs (those accursed pigs!) that are not adults yet are still worth 4,000 coins, but the ones that I placed much earlier and raised first were worth 0 when I tried to sell them.

My experiment will continue when I raise these last pigs and see if they are still worth something (because they haven't been placed as long) or if they lost all value when they grew up (quite a raw deal).

I was especially disappointed because I had almost 20 horses from that racetrack event last year and they are worth NOTHING to sell. Fortunately, we don't have to raise the horses for the Petting Zoo event - we only have to buy them.

burritosprings
03-02-16, 05:37 PM
So for the petting zoo event, I was in need of coins. I found that selling animals (I have a ton of them) is fruitless - they are all worth 0 coins.

I'm beginning to suspect that the selling value of the animal may depend either on how many times it's been tended, or how long it's been placed. After I tended my 10 cows, I was able to sell them for 25 coins each, but the cows I had previously were worth 0. The Black Pigs (those accursed pigs!) that are not adults yet are still worth 4,000 coins, but the ones that I placed much earlier and raised first were worth 0 when I tried to sell them.

My experiment will continue when I raise these last pigs and see if they are still worth something (because they haven't been placed as long) or if they lost all value when they grew up (quite a raw deal).

I was especially disappointed because I had almost 20 horses from that racetrack event last year and they are worth NOTHING to sell. Fortunately, we don't have to raise the horses for the Petting Zoo event - we only have to buy them.

Not sure you fully understand the world of Castle Story. Selling back items is a kinda rare event.. After reading your comment i do not understand why you are so concerned with recouping coin loss. Why do you feel compelled to sell back these animals?

Britilina
03-03-16, 02:35 PM
I was trying to complete the petting zoo quest. The level 5 stables and hatcheries required a total of nearly 500k for me, and then subsequent goals also required coins (purchasing animals to raise, leveling up the petting zoo itself, etc).

I didn't want to use my gems for coins, so I resorted to trying to sell things I am not using. A lot of CS-ers are item hoarders, but I am a USEFUL item hoarder. If an event gives a building that gives useful things, I get excited about it. After I realized the petting zoo only gives items I can grow or get from animals or resource buildings, I lost interest in completing it and wish I had saved my resources.

How many times has THAT thought crossed my mind?

In reference to my experiment, all my black pigs lost their value as soon as they became adults. I should have sold them back as piglets and recouped at least a third of my losses.

ShibuyaCloth
03-03-16, 02:42 PM
After a while coins becomes as abundant as water. You just don't know what to do with it. I have maintained my coin pile at 20 million for >2 years. Currently started to raise, now I have 30 million.

As for your inquiry, if your are not in deer need for coins, forget to sell things, it is not worth it.

Britilina
03-04-16, 08:52 AM
I have been playing for nearly a year and am higher than level 30. Clearly I am doing something wrong. I feel like there could be another game guide that involves strategy ("How to play for coins", "How to play for expanding your kingdom", etc). I tried to ask about strategy several months ago and all I got was "Take Your Time"
and "the main quest goes way too fast". That doesn't help when you want to participate in community events...

meme1098
03-04-16, 09:00 AM
Planting strawberries will help to increase your coinage as well as tapping the high coin drop buildings as soon as possible.
Then when your full of strawberries go use them in Royal Fruit Trade or make Magic Sundaes in the kitchens.

I'm constantly planting & cooking, feeding farm animals & trading.

roguebee
03-04-16, 09:35 AM
For expansion, common answers would be to do the egg and milk trade as often as you can to acquire trade tickets. I keep a herd of cows and a flock (?) of chickens out just for this purpose. Chase jewels and glimmerdust so you have the resources for another trade. I have one of each fruit trees out and collect from them regularly (hoping for a gold apple). When they pile up high enough, I bake apple pies and orange cobblers, and make lemonade for the a trade which has benefit of a trade tickets as well as a gem. I don't tend to do energy trades unless my inventory is about maxed out. I never do the gold trade. Nuggets and apples are too valuable. (Now I wish there was a use for golden eggs.)

Usually I would craft lanterns overnight and earth wisps during the day. Visit your neighbors to collect the extra energy for animal collection. As for coins, I have a small farm of 10 plots set aside just for fellora plants as I get good coin return as well as dark seeds and some plants. The main farm often sits idle these days, but used to be constantly cropped. Spend the resources you need to upgrade your buildings to Level 5 for max coins. As Meme mentioned, tap your high earning building whenever they have the coin over them. Go to the Hub to see what each building gives and fashion your strategy from there. I used to dedicate one check in a day to just coin collection and also collect on my normal rounds.

I'm not a dedicated hoarder, but I probably play with more as ant rather than the grasshopper style. I like to keep most of my inventory up in the 80+ range so I'm not in a mild panic when something calls for 75 of an item. And then I start restocking as soon as I can.

Britilina
03-04-16, 09:49 AM
I am pretty good at keeping resources stocked, but crafted items... I'm doing good if I have more than 10 of any of them.

That is pretty much my strategy (with a few things I haven't tried yet, like the fellows plants and the coin collection check). It keeps getting interrupted by the community events.

They need to just have a two-month-long monster-hunting event. Let me get on with my upgrading and expanding and **** monsters and hoard energy crates.

CharmOfLea
03-05-16, 04:58 AM
I have been playing for nearly a year and am higher than level 30. Clearly I am doing something wrong. I feel like there could be another game guide that involves strategy ("How to play for coins", "How to play for expanding your kingdom", etc). I tried to ask about strategy several months ago and all I got was "Take Your Time"
and "the main quest goes way too fast". That doesn't help when you want to participate in community events...
Coins will remain low until you're about through with the storyline and have paid your expansions. I remember the constant struggle well. Nothing wrong about it. Millionaires in CS usually are people at level 50++ and have played for over a year.

Timed events may feel like a distraction during that time. And you're right, you should pick and chose which ones to complete. Most probably, however, they won't be repeated. Plus sometimes the rewards are really valuable. For that reason, I had chosen to pull through all time limited quests I could and postpone the main storyline if needed.

The best strategy in my opinion is to be well stocked at all times. Especially with goods which are hard to come by quickly, e.g. truffles, hide, carrots, living wood at 75+. Golden items, anything that takes time/rare resources to craft/cook at as much as you can. Having multiple buildings of a type in storage. Upgrade at least 1 of them to the highest level. It is a long process with no shortcuts, well, gems do have that ability. :)

Britilina
03-05-16, 04:51 PM
Well, it's good to know that I've been on the right track... even if that track is a hard one. I hate look through all my unfinished buildings... That vineyard estate... The stinking racing track... those poor orphans. I finished the Glimmerbat Habitat, though!

burritosprings
03-05-16, 06:34 PM
Well, it's good to know that I've been on the right track... even if that track is a hard one. I hate look through all my unfinished buildings... That vineyard estate... The stinking racing track... those poor orphans. I finished the Glimmerbat Habitat, though!

I love your attitude. You are a fighter and a go getter.. We need even more like you in this game.. But be careful what event you start.. Its always best to have cool down period before you jump into it..cause you better be ready.. If u are not its on you

Sheeba8188
03-06-16, 03:29 AM
I am not level 50 yet currently at 45 but I have never had a problem with coins and i still have a lot of expansions to get but they never make a dent cant afford I learned very early on to place as many farm plots as I could and plant the highest earning crop level dependant on your level whether that be carrots, cabbages fellora and I still continue this everyday even that crop is maxed you still get great coin returns. I only break from these crops to top up cooking supplies normally wheat and sugar and do a whole round filling all plots with what is required and max that crop before going back to the high earners. It seems like a lot of energy to harvest all these crops but once you play for a while Thomas comes with a tome that grants you cheaper harvesting rates and you get energy drops from harvesting which allow you to continue harvesting all plots :)