PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day Event starts March 3, 2016

Pages : 1 [2]

lightson50
03-07-16, 02:03 PM
Does anyone know if for the emerald you must "mine" in level 6, if you have to find this in the mine or will it count if you buy it? Sometimes that has worked in the past...

Buy emeralds if possible, i havent seen any for sale. You need to mine 5 times and collect 1 emerald from the mine. Bought ones CAN be used.

jmterao
03-07-16, 02:28 PM
Buy emeralds if possible, i havent seen any for sale. You need to mine 5 times and collect 1 emerald from the mine. Bought ones CAN be used.

After I finished the event I haven't seen an emerald from the mine in days. Now Mr Merriweather wants them.....

jmterao
03-07-16, 02:30 PM
I had the same thing happen when I bought the "deal" and my coins did not show up. when I rebooted my phone then they registered.

noemata
03-07-16, 02:34 PM
After I finished the event I haven't seen an emerald from the mine in days. Now Mr Merriweather wants them.....

Are you 'holding' a lot of emeralds in your barn?

Usually Mr. Merriweather asks for an item you have most of in your barn (with the exception of a few items e.g. truffle pizza..), the second item is either milk or eggs (maybe this item has changed in the event to simple event items like clover(s) and/or emeralds) and then two from your silo....I haven't done the hot air balloon in a long time......

alish00
03-07-16, 03:17 PM
Ok I finish and got my pony and have yet to see a gold coin for 2 days.. I'm still sending deliveries, never got any from pond... This is terrible... How can we finish if we never get a coin?!?

Sandybellee
03-07-16, 03:49 PM
I just got the pony! Never been done with a pet event with 8 days still left! I only spent 10 gems too so this is very doable in a few days after you get enough gold.

So glad the pony wasn't the machine prize because that is so much more difficult! Hopefully we will still get some coins even after finishing the pony goals.

Good luck everyone and congrats to those who have their pretty pony! :)

WINDHAMHILLS
03-07-16, 03:54 PM
I finished the Quest and got the pony. Is there anything else to do for this event? I have things to sell if I can't use them anymore. Will there be a chance to get more coins to play the Lucky Machine? I have three more items to win to get the topiary.
What was the Lucky Shamrock for? I have 8 of them and don't remember needing them.
Any need for the Lucky Gift? I made them but they are still in my inventory. I thought they'd be gone.

judyandthecat
03-07-16, 05:23 PM
I finished the Quest and got the pony. Is there anything else to do for this event? I have things to sell if I can't use them anymore. Will there be a chance to get more coins to play the Lucky Machine? I have three more items to win to get the topiary.
What was the Lucky Shamrock for? I have 8 of them and don't remember needing them.
Any need for the Lucky Gift? I made them but they are still in my inventory. I thought they'd be gone.

Put them in your store and sell them ... stormie will buy them

suncatchers
03-07-16, 05:31 PM
I earned the pony yesterday. I have stopped getting the clover bags from deliveries, which is fine, but I've also stopped getting gold coins. Is anyone still getting the lucky coins from deliveries after receiving the pony?

I got my pony and have still received a gold coin from deliveries after I got the pony....few and far between though!!!

melis007
03-07-16, 05:40 PM
has anybody won the topiary? Do u have clovers flying from the sky?

cugie
03-07-16, 06:36 PM
Where are people finding the gold coins? I found many in the mine, none from fishing and a few from deliveries. Today I found none. I did not spend money on the pot of gold, I thought it was expensive at 200 diamonds...

judyandthecat
03-07-16, 07:12 PM
Where are people finding the gold coins? I found many in the mine, none from fishing and a few from deliveries. Today I found none. I did not spend money on the pot of gold, I thought it was expensive at 200 diamonds...

I got most of mine from fishing. If you have any lucky lures and are lucky enough to hook coins you will get seven or eight

dizzle507
03-07-16, 07:28 PM
There is way too much to mine in this challenge. It's ridiculous. I'm on goal 6 of 7. Had 60 mining tools to start. Only have 20 left, finally got 1 emerald on my 40th try, and so far only 1 gold and very few iron, everything is coming silver......seriously?!?! At least have the mine drop equally!

cugie
03-07-16, 07:46 PM
I got most of mine from fishing. If you have any lucky lures and are lucky enough to hook coins you will get seven or eight

Thanks, I've been fishing since this event started and nothing...I have used the lucky lures. I'll keep trying, this is just getting old

caron7
03-07-16, 08:24 PM
Thanks, I've been fishing since this event started and nothing...I have used the lucky lures. I'll keep trying, this is just getting old

Do you have your pony already? I have not gotten a gold coin since I got my pony. I am also not getting any more clover gro from deliveries, so I can't keep my plots "in clover". I am starting to think gold coins and clover gro have stopped dropping because I got my pony. I sure hope not! But I can't keep doing all these deliveries and all this fishing!

HunterAbode
03-07-16, 09:24 PM
Same thing happened to me. I have five items left from the machine and no lucky coins since receiving my pony. I have sent 30-40 deliveries, fished with all types of bait, and went mining, but nothing for over a day. I am thinking that for those who want the machine prizes, hold off on finishing the tasks for the pony.

caron7
03-07-16, 09:35 PM
Same thing happened to me. I have five items left from the machine and no lucky coins since receiving my pony. I have sent 30-40 deliveries, fished with all types of bait, and went mining, but nothing for over a day. I am thinking that for those who want the machine prizes, hold off on finishing the tasks for the pony.
I agree with that. I also hope this can be fixed, rare is one thing, but I think it is now impossible.

tuffyjkitten
03-07-16, 09:52 PM
I'm still working on the pony goals and have not gotten a coin from deliveries for 3 days. The last one was Saturday and it's Monday night now. All mine since then came from completing the goals or mining. None from fishing with the special bait.

caron7
03-07-16, 10:27 PM
I'm still working on the pony goals and have not gotten a coin from deliveries for 3 days. The last one was Saturday and it's Monday night now. All mine since then came from completing the goals or mining. None from fishing with the special bait.
I got my pony on Saturday, so perhaps that is not the reason coins have stopped? Maybe all coins have stopped? I hope a mod will look into this for us all! Even if it gets fixed, we can't get our lures and mining tools back to try again. :(. I will hold off sending deliveries for now and hope this gets fixed!!

generalmadness
03-08-16, 12:09 AM
I got the pony Saturday, and I have not gotten a CloverGro or gold coin since! I have been filling the plane like crazy, because I have three prizes left in the machine.

sweetypies97
03-08-16, 12:54 AM
I have gone fishing over 90 times in the last few days. One lucky clover and lucky coins with a golden lure.

lynard12
03-08-16, 04:58 AM
Getting so frustrating..... Tons of deliveries hoping for a mining tool- finally get one and get a ruby.....
Getting impossible to get mining tools let alone gold or iron....
I have 40+ saws though
Guess I'll be stuck at #6. :(

barneyandbeau
03-08-16, 05:29 AM
Same here-have the pony but have stopped getting clover grow and gold coin. Wish I did not click the pet cause I think it stopped dropping Patrick day stuff

Rynetory2
03-08-16, 06:13 AM
Sorry if this has been discussed already, I did a quick look through all of the posts and didn't see an answer. I am wondering what happens to the things we craft that we do not give to Darcy like the Clover Cakes and the cider. Should we hang onto them because we will need them later for one of the goals?

You do not need the cakes, cider and gifts once you have completed your goals.

has anybody won the topiary? Do u have clovers flying from the sky?

The clovers fly on your screen across the farm.

Rynetory2
03-08-16, 06:16 AM
Members have reported that they still get lucky coins after getting their ponies. I got a coin from the mine after I have completed my goals. So I dont think the game stops the coins after the completion of goals. The coins arent frequent drops so you may have to keep trying.

generalmadness
03-08-16, 09:32 AM
I got one from mining last night, but nothing from oodles of deliveries over the past two-three days. Was the Clover Gro supposed to stop dropping?

caron7
03-08-16, 09:42 AM
Members have reported that they still get lucky coins after getting their ponies. I got a coin from the mine after I have completed my goals. So I dont think the game stops the coins after the completion of goals. The coins arent frequent drops so you may have to keep trying.

thanks Rynetory for your reply. I have sent dozens of deliveries and fished dozens of times. I was getting coins infrequently before, but now not at all. I've even tried mining. There I got a coin, but it turned out to just be the 100 coin prize that you can normally get from mining. I've read through the posts and saw only one person report that they still got a coin after the pony. It seems like something is wrong.

capitalcee
03-08-16, 12:52 PM
I haven't gotten any coins since Saturday and I haven't gotten the pony yet. I got 10 coins with a golden lure and haven't gotten any since.

sweetypies97
03-08-16, 12:53 PM
thanks Rynetory for your reply. I have sent dozens of deliveries and fished dozens of times. I was getting coins infrequently before, but now not at all. I've even tried mining. There I got a coin, but it turned out to just be the 100 coin prize that you can normally get from mining. I've read through the posts and saw only one person report that they still got a coin after the pony. It seems like something is wrong.

I agree, something is wrong. I have sent countless deliveries and have gone fishing over 100 times now. I haven't counted how many times I've mined but I haven't received a coin for 2 days now. There is definitely a glitch.

PookieBear50
03-08-16, 01:14 PM
Irrespective of getting the pony or not, it would be nice if the drop rate for lucky coins was increased, at least a little bit. So far I have gone through all the Golden Lures I had saved up and used up over 50 of my mining tools (in fairness, I was also looking for gold and iron at the time). I still have a number of prizes to try for, but without lucky coins becoming more common, this may be as far as I go with the event.

On the plus side, at least I got all the skins from the machine.

generalmadness
03-08-16, 01:17 PM
I have now gotten TWO coins today! One from a plane delivery! There is HOPE!

gerrywerry
03-08-16, 01:46 PM
I got 7 coins earlier from using a golden lure but nothing from deliveries or mining. I just need 1 more prize .......

noemata
03-08-16, 01:47 PM
You'll need a lot of golden lures to fish a set of 'lucky seven coins'......

caron7
03-08-16, 05:00 PM
I have now gotten TWO coins today! One from a plane delivery! There is HOPE!

This is encouraging to hear! I will resume deliveries and see if I can get lucky. However, my barn inventory is severely depleted from all the ones already sent!

Update:
Fished, dough bait, 15 times. 12anchovies, 2catfish and a bass. 1 golden lure in a hot spot= 5 salmon. (I now have 32 salmon from all this fishing!!)

Mined, 10 times. 9 silver , 5 iron, 2 gold, 1 ruby, 1 emerald, 1pair of gems.

Plane delivery, 10 times. 1 expansion permit and 2 saws. (Not even a tool so I can keep mining).

Very discouraging. This has been going on for days. The lucky coins should not be this rare. There has to be a problem. It isn't just me... Nearly everyone on here is reporting issues.

Off to make more bait for fishing :(

Rynetory2
03-08-16, 05:56 PM
The coins drop ratio isn't good and the coins are rare indeed! As mentioned I had mined at least 30 times before I had gotten a coin and fished min 60 times. My deliveries were even more and I had lost count.. If rare is considered as an issue, then yes all of us are in the same boat. However the coins didn't stop after winning the pony. I received a few confirmation via pm as well. Sadly the drop rate isn't as ideal as we would like.

princessskykennedy
03-08-16, 08:27 PM
Please add me to the list of no lucky coins since getting the pony ���� can someone in tech please advise what is what please?

HunterAbode
03-08-16, 08:46 PM
I did finally get two lucky coins today - one was from a delivery (probably sent about 50 deliveries to get one), and one from the mine. So it seems they are still dropping, just at a very poor rate.

beatbama
03-08-16, 09:28 PM
My last two trains have asked for 26. I repeat 26 emeralds! The mine is not giving me ANY emeralds at all...nope nada one since the pony arrived, so where are these TWENTY-SIX emeralds a day supposed to come from???

caron7
03-08-16, 09:39 PM
My last two trains have asked for 26. I repeat 26 emeralds! The mine is not giving me ANY emeralds at all...nope nada one since the pony arrived, so where are these TWENTY-SIX emeralds a day supposed to come from???. As I wrote above, I got 1 emerald tonight post-pony, so they are there. If you get about 1 emerald in 10 attempts, and you need 26, you just have to mine 260 times, more or less! (My train also wants 26 emeralds again, btw.)

Mitzi111
03-08-16, 10:14 PM

Is it more likely to get multiple special coins if we fish during 'hot spot' times? OR will the probability of getting 7-10 coins be the same if we just use the golden lure ANY time?

xellosspoo
03-09-16, 02:00 AM
Omg. Where is the gold?????? D: Why is it that when I need gold, I get everything but gold. I've used almost 40 (actually maybe more) shovels and picks and I still don't have enough gold to finish making the buckles! Honestly, two of the gold I ended up using were received from the lucky coin draws. I still need 5 morw gold to finish this queat strain and I'm now completely out of things to mine with. Ugh.

Sandybellee
03-09-16, 03:19 AM
Don't forget to pet your pony after you get it! (Tap the "pet" button in the goal.) It gives you a lucky coin! I had somehow missed it until now.

LinkinPark92
03-09-16, 03:40 AM
I need gold nuggets but the game won't give me any while mining.
Stormie doesn't sell gold and on the market they don't sell it.

I see that we will need a lot of gold so I quit with the goal. I will never be able to make it in time.

Same with the dog wedding where I got 1 or 2 gold request per shipping which costed me the dogs and a lot of time because I had to wait for new shippings or how they are called.

And the same problems with the train. They ask a lot but the rewards are []

Thinking of deleting this game.

judyandthecat
03-09-16, 04:25 AM

I see that we will need a lot of gold so I quit with the goal. I will never be able to make it in time.

Same with the dog wedding where I got 1 or 2 gold request per shipping which costed me the dogs and a lot of time because I had to wait for new shippings or how they are called.

A suggestion for future events.
I never give ores to plane or train deliveries I hoard them for events.
I refresh all plane orders and as for trains I fill up to the two gem mark if the trains wants gold, iron or silver
I also delete jewellery orders and wait thirty minutes for a new order.

judyandthecat
03-09-16, 04:29 AM
Is it more likely to get multiple special coins if we fish during 'hot spot' times? OR will the probability of getting 7-10 coins be the same if we just use the golden lure ANY time?

Not sure I don't pay attention to hot spots and always usually fish the bottom left corner of pond.
I got seven gold coins using the golden lure.
I have two bait stores and have dough hook being produced nonstop.
I have got one coin only with dough bait.
Making a lot of sushi with fish and anchovy pizzas.

caron7
03-09-16, 05:16 AM
A suggestion for future events.
I never give ores to plane or train deliveries I hoard them for events.
I refresh all plane orders and as for trains I fill up to the two gem mark if the trains wants gold, iron or silver
I also delete jewellery orders and wait thirty minutes for a new order.

Judy, this is good advice. I do this, plus keep a large stock of bait and mining tools for events or double mining/fishing times . I fish in my 3 hot spots a day but then hang on to the rest of the baits. I almost never mine/fish unless needed for events.

caron7
03-09-16, 05:35 AM

Early in the event, I got 7 coins in a non hot spot, using a golden lure. My neighbor used hers in a hot spot and got 8. This is true for fish, too. You might get 4 salmon or tuna in a non-hot spot, but 5 in a hot spot with the special lure.

I don't know what the probability is of getting coins in either place, so can't advise if you'd have more chance in one spot or the other. Good luck!!

suncatchers
03-09-16, 05:47 AM

I've had no luck finding coins from fishing. I had 2 golden lures (I won one and bought the other from Stormie), tried one in a hot spot in one in a rgular spot, no luck from either. I've also tried dough bait and the anchovy bait, both in and out of hot spots and no luck. I have heard of people getting a coin from non hot spots though. Good luck

LadyFencer
03-09-16, 06:28 AM
Bricks? I haven't gotten bricks from mining for months, and I've gotten two in less than 24 hours when I need ore. There's still plenty of time to finish, and I don't really care whether or not I do, but the programmers constantly amaze me.

Rynetory2
03-09-16, 07:16 AM

You should try out the advise from Judy, they are good advise. Likewise, I dont give my deliveries nor trains these ores so I can conserve them for events. I also stock up about 10 of these ores plus mining tools during non event days cos no one will sell them during an event that needs it. I buy whenever I see from the market. I mine some before the event so it takes off the stress of not finding what I need in the mine.

Before you decide to quit the game, I would suggest that you sit out an event or two to stock up your barn, coins, etc. Once your barn is well stocked, then join the event when you are ready or up to it. It is stressful and frustrating to do an event with limited resources especially when time is the essence. You can also read this thread (Is your farm ready for an event? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87580-Is-your-farm-ready-for-an-event)) and see if it helps you. Post your difficulties there so fellow members can also give you advise for future events. Lastly, read Post #110 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89487-St-Patrick-s-Day-Event-starts-March-3-2016/page11&p=1259271#post1259271) in current thread on good advise by generalmadness on event play.

Events are optional. If you enjoy this game for the game itself, play on and do the events only when you feel up to it. Hope this helps. All the best. :)

PookieBear50
03-09-16, 11:54 AM
You should try out the advise from Judy, they are good advise. Likewise, I dont give my deliveries nor trains these ores so I can conserve them for events. I also stock up about 10 of these ores plus mining tools during non event days cos no one will sell them during an event that needs it. I buy whenever I see from the market. I mine some before the event so it takes off the stress of not finding what I need in the mine.

Before you decide to quit the game, I would suggest that you sit out an event or two to stock up your barn, coins, etc. Once your barn is well stocked, then join the event when you are ready or up to it. It is stressful and frustrating to do an event with limited resources especially when time is the essence. You can also read this thread (Is your farm ready for an event? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?87580-Is-your-farm-ready-for-an-event)) and see if it helps you. Post your difficulties there so fellow members can also give you advise for future events. Lastly, read Post #110 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89487-St-Patrick-s-Day-Event-starts-March-3-2016/page11&p=1259271#post1259271) in current thread on good advise by generalmadness on event play.

Events are optional. If you enjoy this game for the game itself, play on and do the events only when you feel up to it. Hope this helps. All the best. :)

I agree with judyandthecats' advice, and yours as well...however, this particular event was excessively draining on mining tools compared to previous events. I started this with nearly 70 each of picks and shovels, and am now down to 5 each thanks to the need for emeralds and gold (in exchange, I ended up with a glut of silver, iron and--surprisingly--rubies, and barely managed to stockpile enough gold and emeralds to finish the goals (based on the numbers listed on the first page). Actually, I have an excess of emeralds, but barely any gold.

If the drop rates would just remain relatively consistent between normal play and events, I think everyone would be a little happier. Obviously, something would need to give since you can't have like 30% iron, 40% silver, 15% gold, 5% rubies, and 10% everything else (coins, gems, tools, etc.) and add in a new items without taking away from something, but for me, it was like iron and silver both got boosted by 5%, gold got dropped by 12%, and the emeralds made up the other 3%. I'm sure it's different for others (my mine seems to be a silver mine...except when I actually need silver), but I'm also sure they might feel similarly put out that the mine output shifts so drastically during events.

On another note, I just need one more prize--the ticket--before I can get the topiary, but with so few tools left and no Golden Lures left, I guess I'm out of luck. Oh, well...I should still be able to get the pony, though.

kellanrevere
03-09-16, 12:46 PM

You still have plenty of time, don't give up. These quests aren't something you can do on your own, let neighbors and others help. Read your game wall.

alish00
03-09-16, 07:37 PM
I finally got all the prizes!! It's so worth it it rains clovers!! So awesome!! Thanks S8 for making coins drop AGAIN..

WINDHAMHILLS
03-10-16, 12:13 AM
I completed the quests and earned my pony! I have one more item to win in the gumball machine. Whether or not I win the topiary will be pure luck because, while I still earn coins from deliveries and mining, I have been winning duplicate prizes rather than the one item I need - the gold lure. Frustrating, but that's the game.
What I don't understand is why St. Patrick's Event items are part of the train deliveries. Once we complete the Quest, we no longer have the ability to build things like the emblems. I was lucky to find one player who was selling 10 emblems that I needed to provide for the last set of delivery items. Now the game wants 25 lucky shamrocks. I can't grow them. It's unfair to ask for items that we cannot build or grow. I am at level 86 and don't remember ever having to provide items under these circumstances. I guess I'll just have to sit this round out.

CLOVERKAITO
03-10-16, 12:46 AM
I got seven gold coins using the golden lure.

I just used my only golden lure and got 5 tunas...... was gonna save it for those limited time x2 days but oh well. Huge waste.

Thank you for all who posted the next few steps. Seeing I'll need a lot more gold nuggets, and I only managed to get one to make one pair of shoes after using up all of my mining tools I think I'm done here. The thing that this game realllllly gets on my nerve is that it heavily relies on chance drops. If you aren't lucky you can send out 10 deliveries or mine 10 times and not get a single item you need to advance in the timed event. For Castle Story and Restaurant Story, their timed events don't rely on chance drops so even with my busy work schedule I can plan accordingly and still finish the events within time limit with minimal gem use. Farm story events just seem to heavily rely on non-guaranteed drops so much it's frustrating. It's hard to plan ahead by pre-stockpiling items with limited barn space. I have been trying to expand to the alpaca since last December and I'm still not there yet because deliveries don't guarantee drops (sometimes it only drops coins) and with the limited barn space (still don't have enough paint to expand the barn) it's hard to stock on tools and maps etc for expansion and what not. The events kept happening nonstop so I can't even stock up enough money to buy the other machinery like the pizza oven

TL;DR - I'm done and through with this game. I'll be selling off all of the event items I hogged from the market during the next hour or so and delete the game. Thank you to everyone who helped me with the game in the past. You guys are awesome. :o

krisscritters
03-10-16, 05:06 AM
Twice now I have collected something I made for this event and after collecting them it is like I never made them. The first time was 3 of the cookies. I was close to having the full number needed to complete the required amount, (I made extra & should have had 2 more than needed), they didn't show as being collected so I made just the number needed to complete the task. The 2nd was 3 of the cake slices. Same issue, made more than needed & should have had 2 extra. I see others have had this issue as well. I closed the game & restarted my iPad. I then had 1 of 3 of the cake slices show as collected in the event challenge but in my barn, it still shows as though I didn't collect them.

Any my help from Storm8 would be great!
Thanks.

ArlettesFarm
03-10-16, 05:24 AM
Quick question about the event parts that can be found for sale in neighbors shops, the newspaper etc...

If I buy a pair of lucky pants from the newspaper for example, I can see how that would help me in the "Give four pairs of lucky pants to Darcy" task, but it doesn't help me complete the task to *make* those four pairs of pants does it???? So I'm still not going to be able to complete the task without making four buckles first - which requires the ever-elusive golden ore from the mine.

Or am I missing something really obvious here? What is the advantage to buying these parts from the newspaper?

Thanks all - and good luck with your event! :)

sloebear
03-10-16, 06:23 AM
Quick question about the event parts that can be found for sale in neighbors shops, the newspaper etc...

If I buy a pair of lucky pants from the newspaper for example, I can see how that would help me in the "Give four pairs of lucky pants to Darcy" task, but it doesn't help me complete the task to *make* those four pairs of pants does it???? So I'm still not going to be able to complete the task without making four buckles first - which requires the ever-elusive golden ore from the mine.

Or am I missing something really obvious here? What is the advantage to buying these parts from the newspaper?

Thanks all - and good luck with your event! :)

You are right, you do have to still make them. The advantage of buying them in the newspaper is that you can give 4 pairs in whilst you are still making them. This means you complete the goal earlier and can get started on the next one. It saves on time but, yes, you do still have to make them.

Rynetory2
03-10-16, 06:45 AM
Twice now I have collected something I made for this event and after collecting them it is like I never made them. The first time was 3 of the cookies. I was close to having the full number needed to complete the required amount, (I made extra & should have had 2 more than needed), they didn't show as being collected so I made just the number needed to complete the task. The 2nd was 3 of the cake slices. Same issue, made more than needed & should have had 2 extra. I see others have had this issue as well. I closed the game & restarted my iPad. I then had 1 of 3 of the cake slices show as collected in the event challenge but in my barn, it still shows as though I didn't collect them.

Any my help from Storm8 would be great!
Thanks.

Sorry to hear that you were having issues. Did you remember if you had left your game running in the background before you collected your items? It could be that you returned to the game and collected some items, then the game refreshed and you lost a few of the items you had just collected. It is recommended that we close out our games when we werent playing to avoid such incidents. For future reference, if you forget to close your game, force close it without doing any farm action. Start game afresh and then proceed with your collection, etc.

Are you able to proceed with your goals now or are you still stuck with the issues which you have mentioned? Please let me know. Thanks.

Rynetory2
03-10-16, 07:08 AM
@PookieBear50, @CLOVERKAITO

You both have given very good feedback on this event and game. I appreciate your feedback and the trouble you took to write and post it. May I suggest that you leave your feedback in the Farm Story Events and Challenges (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88454-Farm-Story-Events-and-Challenges) thread? Your feedback posts here tend to get lost in event thread since this goes to numerous pages. It will be most helpful to have the community feedback in the above thread so we can keep a record of them together.

Likewise for other community members, please feel free to share your thoughts and comments about events there. Once we get more feedback, I will submit to the team for their considerations.

@CLOVERKAITO - I am sad to hear you're leaving. :( I hope you will reconsider just playing the game and skip the events for now. I can understand events can be frustrating or stressful wiith the drop rates.

ArlettesFarm
03-10-16, 07:49 AM
You are right, you do have to still make them. The advantage of buying them in the newspaper is that you can give 4 pairs in whilst you are still making them. This means you complete the goal earlier and can get started on the next one. It saves on time but, yes, you do still have to make them.

Thank you so much sloebear! This makes perfect sense now. :-)

*scurries off to neighbours shops* ☘🍀☘

HappyHeartBakery
03-10-16, 08:15 AM
Delivery after delivery & no mining tools.
Fear I will be stuck on #6. Can't mine, used all my iron ore already & my deliveries are dropping nothing but $

kiwikids1
03-10-16, 09:03 AM
Any tips on getting ore? I've been trying for 3 days to get some so I can craft the emblems and so far have only managed to get enough to make 2 ��

tuffyjkitten
03-10-16, 12:10 PM
I was afraid to collect my pony since the possibility of lucky coins dropping afterwards was low but I have only received 1 coin in the last 2 days anyways....this is not fun. I'm gonna get my pony now.

Ok, I have the pony and petted it to get the lucky coin.....which gave me my 4th scarecrow. I still have 6 prizes to go for the topiary. :(

sloebear
03-10-16, 12:34 PM
Any tips on getting ore? I've been trying for 3 days to get some so I can craft the emblems and so far have only managed to get enough to make 2 ��

Keep an eye on the buy/sell thread as more people are finishing now. Also keep looking through the newspaper, fill deliveries for mining tools and hopefully you'll get enough in time! Still 5 days left so plenty of time :) Also keep an eye on your wall in case you have a friendly neighbor willing to put some up for you

npt727
03-10-16, 01:14 PM
I've only gotten gold coins from the mine. Read that some were getting them from the pond. Anywhere else?

sloebear
03-10-16, 01:24 PM
I've only gotten gold coins from the mine. Read that some were getting them from the pond. Anywhere else?

I believe I've had one from a plane delivery, but all others have been from the mine. None from the pond for me.

lnztrekfan
03-10-16, 01:29 PM
I haven't receieved any gold coins via mining, fishing or deliveries! Boooo! Lol! I even used two of my gold lures. Thankfully I had a stock pile of tools and metals because gold is so elusive. These leprechauns are really hoarding all their gold!! Please let loose of some!! I definitely won't be getting the topiary because the only coins I've received are when I complete a goal, I'm currently making green juice and hats. But other than no gold coins or gold in mine I've had no issues! Good luck everyone!:)

jillybobs2
03-10-16, 01:30 PM
Still on level 3 as only managed to make 3 pairs of shoes. I have used over 70 mining tools and only received 2 gold,the other one I received from the prize machine. No gold in the mine and none in the newspaper so it looks like I'm done with this event. Even if I managed to make the last pair of shoes I know I still need more gold and as it appears Storm8 has taken it from the mine there is no chance. 53 silver, 21 ore & 11 emeralds

PookieBear50
03-10-16, 01:42 PM
Still on level 3 as only managed to make 3 pairs of shoes. I have used over 70 mining tools and only received 2 gold,the other one I received from the prize machine. No gold in the mine and none in the newspaper so it looks like I'm done with this event. Even if I managed to make the last pair of shoes I know I still need more gold and as it appears Storm8 has taken it from the mine there is no chance. 53 silver, 21 ore & 11 emeralds

This is going to sound really stupid and lame, but DON'T go into the mine to look for gold. Go in with the focused intention of finding iron ore so you can make earrings in the jewelry maker (assuming you have it) or regular belts in the studio. I've found that mining or fishing with the intention of finding something specific usually results in never (or extremely rarely) receiving it. On the other hand, focusing on something else specifically has given me what I really needed but which I had told myself I was not looking for. In my "silver mine" (since that is practically all I ever get outside of events), when I think intently on finding silver, I end up getting ore or gold (sometimes rubies). At the Fishing Pond, I can be using dough baits, but if I tell myself I want Anchovies to make more bait or pizzas, I end up pulling out Bass and Catfish instead.

It might work for you as well.

PookieBear50
03-10-16, 01:43 PM
@PookieBear50, @CLOVERKAITO

You both have given very good feedback on this event and game. I appreciate your feedback and the trouble you took to write and post it. May I suggest that you leave your feedback in the Farm Story Events and Challenges (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88454-Farm-Story-Events-and-Challenges) thread? Your feedback posts here tend to get lost in event thread since this goes to numerous pages. It will be most helpful to have the community feedback in the above thread so we can keep a record of them together.

Likewise for other community members, please feel free to share your thoughts and comments about events there. Once we get more feedback, I will submit to the team for their considerations.

@CLOVERKAITO - I am sad to hear you're leaving. :( I hope you will reconsider just playing the game and skip the events for now. I can understand events can be frustrating or stressful wiith the drop rates.

I'll do this for future events (of which I'm sure one is being planned for even as I type this)...possibly the Easter event which I am sure is already set to begin as soon as this one ends.

jillybobs2
03-10-16, 02:08 PM
I appreciate your advice, it's good. As you can see everyone is suffering lack of gold so there is either a shortage on purpose or there is a storm8 glitch. I've always managed to complete previous events - some quite challenging but this is a ****er. I'm on level 64 so good job I have a lot of barn storage for all the stuff I don't need for this event. May sell all off as I think I'm done with this one.

lnztrekfan
03-10-16, 02:27 PM
I appreciate your advice, it's good. As you can see everyone is suffering lack of gold so there is either a shortage on purpose or there is a storm8 glitch. I've always managed to complete previous events - some quite challenging but this is a ****er. I'm on level 64 so good job I have a lot of barn storage for all the stuff I don't need for this event. May sell all off as I think I'm done with this one.

Hi Jillybobs2. I hope this is the right place to post. I've sent you a pm to help also you may want to check your farm wall if you haven't yet, you have some offers for help. I so hope this is allowable! If not I'm very sorry and admin please delete post. Thanks

jillybobs2
03-10-16, 02:36 PM
Thank you. I've checked and messaged back. 😀

noemata
03-10-16, 02:44 PM
The golden lure is great for getting those coins as I 'tested' this out days ago...you get 7/8 coins in one 'catch' (if you're lucky enough); you need approx 35-50 coins total to get that clover topiary. :)

TimeForACuppaTea
03-10-16, 03:38 PM
I just tried fishing with golden lure. Wasn't lucky enough :(. Had 20 golden lure, used 11 and now my barn is overloaded with tons of fish but no coins. Debating if I want to tray anymore or give it up.

Question: I've gotten several lucky clover along with all the regular clover. But I've not found anything that says what the lucky clover is used for. What am I supposed to do with the lucky clover? BTW, I've finished the event and have the pony and saw nowhere to used them along the way.

Would love it if I could somehow trade them in somewhere and get coins for them, but I doubt that.

PookieBear50
03-10-16, 04:09 PM
I just tried fishing with golden lure. Wasn't lucky enough :(. Had 20 golden lure, used 11 and now my barn is overloaded with tons of fish but no coins. Debating if I want to tray anymore or give it up.

Question: I've gotten several lucky clover along with all the regular clover. But I've not found anything that says what the lucky clover is used for. What am I supposed to do with the lucky clover? BTW, I've finished the event and have the pony and saw nowhere to used them along the way.

Would love it if I could somehow trade them in somewhere and get coins for them, but I doubt that.

The Lucky Clover can be used in the kitchen to make dye: 1 Lucky Clover = 5 Green Dye in 30 minutes.

TimeForACuppaTea
03-10-16, 04:23 PM
Oh, I saw that it made dye, didn't realize what the 5 meant.

Also how do I get rid of the clover plots? Since I'm finished I tried to store or sell them and all the game will allow me to do with them is rotate them.

jumpsforjoy1
03-10-16, 04:26 PM
Finished Darcy's Dilemma this morning and put my pony onto my farm Now it seems I have have joined all the others who finished and earned the pony in not receiving the Lucky Coins to finish the machine and get the topiary. I am wondering if anyone has submitted a ticket and if they have did they get a response?

roguebee
03-10-16, 05:03 PM
It was a pleasant surprise to discover that I only needed 1 emerald for each Lucky Emblem.

krisscritters
03-10-16, 07:39 PM
I normally do not leave the games run if I will not be able to visit them for a long time. I close it while at work or when going to bed for the night. I just opened it before replying to your post. I collected a fish pizza & 2 balls of yarn before collecting the one cake slice I set to make while at work. My barn shows the pizza & the yarn, but not the cake slice. I'm at a loss on this.

At this point I have lost 3 cookies & 4 slices of cake. This also means that I have lost all the clover dye needed to make them.

I also can not move forward in the task & the event as a whole if I can not collect the last piece of cake I need.
Any insight would be great.

generalmadness
03-10-16, 08:14 PM
I just got the topiary, after lord only knows how many duplicates! It took bazillions of deliveries, and I think I only got 5 coins in the past few days, from the plane and from the mine.

The topiary effect is really cool, but very subtle. The topiary itself is nice-looking as well.

Luck of the Irish to everyone! I am seeing a lot of event items in the newspaper. I hope everyone gets what they need! I am off to attempt to replenish my decimated tool and bait inventory before the next event starts.

kellanrevere
03-10-16, 08:41 PM
The golden lure is great for getting those coins as I 'tested' this out days ago...you get 7/8 coins in one 'catch' (if you're lucky enough); you need approx 35-50 coins total to get that clover topiary. :)

While the golden lure is a great way to try to get coins it doesn't help if the gumball machine continues to give duplicates. I used 20 golden lures received a total of 15 coins. I only needed 4 new prizes at that point , I still need one more ! This is in addition to all the delivering and mining I have done. Not thrilled with the machine game.

Update... Ok, I don't usually get frustrated with games but this is getting to be too much. Just got 2 more coins from fishing and guess what.... 2 more duplicates .

Rynetory2
03-10-16, 08:46 PM
I normally do not leave the games run if I will not be able to visit them for a long time. I close it while at work or when going to bed for the night. I just opened it before replying to your post. I collected a fish pizza & 2 balls of yarn before collecting the one cake slice I set to make while at work. My barn shows the pizza & the yarn, but not the cake slice. I'm at a loss on this.

At this point I have lost 3 cookies & 4 slices of cake. This also means that I have lost all the clover dye needed to make them.

I also can not move forward in the task & the event as a whole if I can not collect the last piece of cake I need.
Any insight would be great.

So soorry sweetie that you are having these issues. I felt bad reading your post! :(

I assume you are stuck at Goal 3 - "Make Clover Cake". Does your task shows that you have completed it? Normally it should register when you click to make it, it doesnt register at collection.

- If your Make Clover Cake task is completed, you will be able to proceed. You are only required to make, you do not need the cake slices.

- If your Make Clover Cake task isnt complete, I like to suggest you to do this as soon as you can. Delete your game and reinstall Farm 2 version 2.4.1. Make sure you have the latest IOS. Start your game, take note of your Make Clover Cake count. Make a cake and check if your task registers it. Hopefully this helps to get you pass this goal and proceed.

As for your missing items not showing up in your barn, please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game. Also send me your ticket number via private message (http://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139069) and I'll check if someone can assist you sooner. In the mean time, you will need to buy the clover dyes, clover gro from the newspaper. I see some in my newspaper, if you need help, please let me know too.

I really hope the reinstallation will resolve these issues for you so you dont lose more time on this event. Sorry once again. :(

To add: which version of FS2 are you using? Some members had reported similar missing barn items in a past event, and eventually found out due to using outdated version.

Rynetory2
03-10-16, 08:55 PM
I

While the golden lure is a great way to try to get coins it doesn't help if the gumball machine continues to give duplicates. I used 20 golden lures received a total of 15 coins. I only needed 4 new prizes at that point , I still need one more ! This is in addition to all the delivering and mining I have done. Not thrilled with the machine game.

Unfortunately the machine event is like the luck event... I got lucky this time but I had my share of tons of frustrations in the past such events! A member once said in past thread - "Those who love such events are the ones who got lucky.". I dont particularly enjoy luck events but I am very glad the pony was based on goals instead of being placed in the machine. Phew!

PookieBear50
03-10-16, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately the machine event is like the luck event... I got lucky this time but I had my share of tons of frustrations in the past such events! A member once said in past thread - "Those who love such events are the ones who got lucky.". I dont particularly enjoy luck events but I am very glad the pony was based on goals instead of being placed in the machine. Phew!

rynetory2, I think this particular luck-based event wouldn't be so discouraging to everyone if the drop rate of the lucky coins were better. After sending out numerous deliveries, using up all my available baits (including all my golden lures and all I subsequently crafted) and nearly all my mining tools trying to get the gold I needed (and only rarely getting lucky coins), I too only have one more prize to win, but with the drop rate so poor, I doubt I'll get it, even with 4 (nearly 3) days left to get it. I'd suggest (and I'll post it in the thread you recommended too) that in the future, we be able to do something that at least guarantees getting a lucky coin, even if it means growing tons of clover to get lucky clovers and mining a lot of gold to make them in the jewelry maker. In that sense, the machines as they were used during the birthday celebration were more player friendly, in that we could make the presents (time-consuming, but at least we weren't doubly at the mercy of luck).

kellanrevere
03-10-16, 09:53 PM
rynetory2, I think this particular luck-based event wouldn't be so discouraging to everyone if the drop rate of the lucky coins were better. After sending out numerous deliveries, using up all my available baits (including all my golden lures and all I subsequently crafted) and nearly all my mining tools trying to get the gold I needed (and only rarely getting lucky coins), I too only have one more prize to win, but with the drop rate so poor, I doubt I'll get it, even with 4 (nearly 3) days left to get it. I'd suggest (and I'll post it in the thread you recommended too) that in the future, we be able to do something that at least guarantees getting a lucky coin, even if it means growing tons of clover to get lucky clovers and mining a lot of gold to make them in the jewelry maker. In that sense, the machines as they were used during the birthday celebration were more player friendly, in that we could make the presents (time-consuming, but at least we weren't doubly at the mercy of luck).

I totally agree, I think my "luck" was all used up just finding the coins, not to mention the time and resources used. It's not like we just found the coins laying around, we worked for them. I mined, fished and sent tons of deliveries specifically looking for coins to use.

PookieBear50
03-10-16, 10:03 PM
On another note, perhaps after the event ends, the drop rate for emeralds could be reduced a bit, and then we could use them to craft a new item in the Jewelry Maker, like an Emerald Brooch or something?

noemata
03-10-16, 10:28 PM
On another note, perhaps after the event ends, the drop rate for emeralds could be reduced a bit, and then we could use them to craft a new item in the Jewelry Maker, like an Emerald Brooch or something?

@pookiebear, you reckon the emeralds and/or anything from this event are staying after the event (just like the pergolas)???
S8: please confirm for those that didn't partake...buy clover plots etc.

PookieBear50
03-10-16, 11:35 PM
@pookiebear, you reckon the emeralds and/or anything from this event are staying after the event (just like the pergolas)???
S8: please confirm for those that didn't partake...buy clover plots etc.

Sorry, didn't mean to raise anyone's hopes. What I should have said was, "IF the drop rate for emeralds could be reduced, then maybe we could continue mining for them and craft a new item in the Jewelry Maker." It's a possibility, though...maybe a remote one, but still a possibility.

judyandthecat
03-11-16, 02:28 AM

There was a guarantee if you bought the pot of gold for 250 gems you received one gold coin every five hours.

PookieBear50
03-11-16, 04:10 AM
There was a guarantee if you bought the pot of gold for 250 gems you received one gold coin every five hours.

That's true...but not everyone has 250 gems to spend.

irishnut
03-11-16, 04:21 AM
So, does this mean that once you get the pony that there is no way to get lucky coins to play in the machine?.
I have the pony and have sent out about 40 deliveries, mined and fished and no coins are appearing... Is this the end of the game.... Or is someone sorting this out?

Sandybellee
03-11-16, 04:48 AM
So, does this mean that once you get the pony that there is no way to get lucky coins to play in the machine?.
I have the pony and have sent out about 40 deliveries, mined and fished and no coins are appearing... Is this the end of the game.... Or is someone sorting this out?

I just got the topiary! Finished the pony goals days ago. The lucky coins keep dropping but very rarely (just like from the beginning). I've probably averaged 1 coin for 40 deliveries. I was lucky not to get too many dublicates because the coins are so rare. Good luck!

noemata
03-11-16, 04:49 AM
That's true...but not everyone has 250 gems to spend.

Too right Pookiebear!!!
I think 250 gems is a very steep price to pay on a limited time thing especially when you can spend that same amount on a tabby cat, tan corgi, tawny rabbit etc.(i.e. if you 'dig' the pets in this game)....remember in the 'dawn' of this game; these things had sale prices on them; alas no more.....:rolleyes:

npt727
03-11-16, 07:05 AM
Too right Pookiebear!!!
I think 250 gems is a very steep price to pay on a limited time thing especially when you can spend that same amount on a tabby cat, tan corgi, tawny rabbit etc.(i.e. if you 'dig' the pets in this game)....remember in the 'dawn' of this game; these things had sale prices on them; alas no more.....:rolleyes:

I agree!

syncler78
03-11-16, 11:34 AM
Oh, I saw that it made dye, didn't realize what the 5 meant.

Also how do I get rid of the clover plots? Since I'm finished I tried to store or sell them and all the game will allow me to do with them is rotate them.

Sorry if someone has already answered this for you...usually you have to wait until the event is over before you can store/sell/discard event items.

kellanrevere
03-11-16, 11:50 AM
That's true...but not everyone has 250 gems to spend.i

I am sooo glad I didn't spend gems to get the pot of gold. I found at least 15 coins yesterday. 7 from golden lure, 5 from fishing with dough balls and 3 from mine. More than I would have received with the pot, so my problem has not been getting the coins, it is the duplications. So much for this being a game of luck, LOL

LadyFencer
03-11-16, 12:08 PM
This is going to sound really stupid and lame, but DON'T go into the mine to look for gold. Go in with the focused intention of finding iron ore so you can make earrings in the jewelry maker (assuming you have it) or regular belts in the studio. I've found that mining or fishing with the intention of finding something specific usually results in never (or extremely rarely) receiving it. On the other hand, focusing on something else specifically has given me what I really needed but which I had told myself I was not looking for. In my "silver mine" (since that is practically all I ever get outside of events), when I think intently on finding silver, I end up getting ore or gold (sometimes rubies). At the Fishing Pond, I can be using dough baits, but if I tell myself I want Anchovies to make more bait or pizzas, I end up pulling out Bass and Catfish instead.

It might work for you as well.

I don't think that's stupid at all. It's the same approach I take, and it does often work! I even approach the special events overall with that frame of mind. I'm going to play, get what I can, but if I don't get the prize, it's not a big deal. Since I quit being stressed over winning the prizes, I've found it more fun. If I start getting frustrated, I remind myself to just play for fun. I still was getting frustrated with mining and deliveries/drop rates.

I was down to needing one emerald to finish this event with five days left. No mining tools left after using up over 40 of them. Rarely getting a gold coin. I did have the gems to purchase the emerald and decided I would do that in a couple of days if needed. I kept playing casually yesterday, and I got a coin this morning. I was amazed when I got an emerald from the machine! A minute later the pony was walking around my farm. I don't have the topiary, but I don't want it, so now I'm just back to playing as normal.

Thank you to those who sold goods. IT HELPED! And yes, I've been putting stuff up in my store as I have it available.

SadieMaesFarm
03-11-16, 12:19 PM
NO COIN DROPS FROM DELIVERIES since earning the horse ... Not many before the horse... But not ONE in a week !!! Storm wants us to spend money on gems and other items... THEY SHOULD PLAY FAIR AND DO WHAT'S RIGHT for their faithful players. You can't tell me ZERO coin drops in over 200 deliveries is right.

oozeulb
03-11-16, 12:33 PM
Question! Are the emeralds just for this event? Do we sell or save them? And, I have my pony and have still been sending deliveries but haven't received any gold coins for the game! Do the coins stop after we have the pony? Thanks so much :)

tan29573
03-11-16, 02:10 PM

I got my pony this morning, and have just received a gold coin from sending a plane delivery. The first for days I might add, but it looks like they do still drop after winning the pony. 😄 good luck all xx

bss0226
03-11-16, 04:21 PM
I don't think that's stupid at all. It's the same approach I take, and it does often work! I even approach the special events overall with that frame of mind. I'm going to play, get what I can, but if I don't get the prize, it's not a big deal. Since I quit being stressed over winning the prizes, I've found it more fun. If I start getting frustrated, I remind myself to just play for fun. I still was getting frustrated with mining and deliveries/drop rates.

I was down to needing one emerald to finish this event with five days left. No mining tools left after using up over 40 of them. Rarely getting a gold coin. I did have the gems to purchase the emerald and decided I would do that in a couple of days if needed. I kept playing casually yesterday, and I got a coin this morning. I was amazed when I got an emerald from the machine! A minute later the pony was walking around my farm. I don't have the topiary, but I don't want it, so now I'm just back to playing as normal.

Thank you to those who sold goods. IT HELPED! And yes, I've been putting stuff up in my store as I have it available.
This is very true. I think FS2 uses AI to figure out what you need and then make sure you don't find it. This way you're encouraged to skip or use gems to replace missing items. Others agree. If you need it, you won't find it.

Rynetory2
03-11-16, 05:53 PM
Question! Are the emeralds just for this event? Do we sell or save them? And, I have my pony and have still been sending deliveries but haven't received any gold coins for the game! Do the coins stop after we have the pony? Thanks so much :)

The emeralds are for this event since we no longer have the option to craft them once the goal is completed. I have sold/discarded all my event items. You will still have the option to receive lucky coins after getting your pony.

krisscritters
03-11-16, 06:44 PM
So soorry sweetie that you are having these issues. I felt bad reading your post! :(

I assume you are stuck at Goal 3 - "Make Clover Cake". Does your task shows that you have completed it? Normally it should register when you click to make it, it doesnt register at collection.

- If your Make Clover Cake task is completed, you will be able to proceed. You are only required to make, you do not need the cake slices.

- If your Make Clover Cake task isnt complete, I like to suggest you to do this as soon as you can. Delete your game and reinstall Farm 2 version 2.4.1. Make sure you have the latest IOS. Start your game, take note of your Make Clover Cake count. Make a cake and check if your task registers it. Hopefully this helps to get you pass this goal and proceed.

As for your missing items not showing up in your barn, please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game. Also send me your ticket number via private message (http://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139069) and I'll check if someone can assist you sooner. In the mean time, you will need to buy the clover dyes, clover gro from the newspaper. I see some in my newspaper, if you need help, please let me know too.

I really hope the reinstallation will resolve these issues for you so you dont lose more time on this event. Sorry once again. :(

To add: which version of FS2 are you using? Some members had reported similar missing barn items in a past event, and eventually found out due to using outdated version.
U

I followed your advise and emailed support this morning. Waiting on a reply.

barneyandbeau
03-11-16, 08:07 PM
Anyone having huge Saint pat day orders for the train? Third train I had to discard that asked for 25 emeralds!!! I could fill the order for 28 lucky clover ( first time I got a high lucky clover order had to discard because no one at that time was selling clover grow in market-- once I got the pony verrrrry little grow dropped from deliveries-no lucky coins either but grand prize is just the plant)

Rynetory2
03-11-16, 08:09 PM
U

I followed your advise and emailed support this morning. Waiting on a reply.

Please send me your ticket number via private message (http://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139069) so I can check to see if anyone can respond to you sooner. It usually takes 3 to 5 business days for support to revert. Thanks.

PookieBear50
03-11-16, 10:48 PM
Go figure: the one time I'm REALLY not paying attention and wishing for the final prize, that's when I get it...when I'm distracted and focused on giving my dogs their medicine.

If my luck weren't always this contrary and problematic, I'd almost think the TL and S8 did that deliberately to irritate and annoy me, even if I consciously know there's no way they could know I wasn't paying attention at the moment. As it is, it's just another one of those many quirky things. Oh, well.

kellanrevere
03-11-16, 11:02 PM
I am STILL trying for the topiary. I got two coins first thing this morning then have been off the game most of the day doing real life stuff. When I came home I wasn't surprised to see there was a "special sale" that included 6 coins. Bought the sale thinking certainly I could get the one little item I have been playing days for.... Nope ! Another 8 coins down the drain.
Oh..and deliveries are now no longer bringing picks or shovels for me . Since I used the last of mine I haven't seen any.

On a different note, I'm still willing and able to help others.

noemata
03-12-16, 01:25 AM
Anyone having huge Saint pat day orders for the train? Third train I had to discard that asked for 25 emeralds!!! I could fill the order for 28 lucky clover ( first time I got a high lucky clover order had to discard because no one at that time was selling clover grow in market-- once I got the pony verrrrry little grow dropped from deliveries-no lucky coins either but grand prize is just the plant)

Yes, I've seen those trains...these are also requested by Mr. Merriweather...perhaps this is a test from S8....

jillybobs2
03-12-16, 09:08 AM
This is very true. I think FS2 uses AI to figure out what you need and then make sure you don't find it. This way you're encouraged to skip or use gems to replace missing items. Others agree. If you need it, you won't find it.

I most certainly agree with this one. Only having the kind help of neighbours allowed me to make the shoes. This is the very worst event I've taken part in and I've done many at level 64!

Also a lot of the items you have to make take an age. I think it's all quite unfair. I'm only just making the gold buckles and lucky pants so not even sure I will get the pony. 😥

tuffyjkitten
03-12-16, 11:54 AM
Got ONE coin yesterday from deliveries. None in the mine. None from fishing. I did however get 3 land deeds, which hardly ever show up in deliveries for me. Random indeed....

transberry
03-12-16, 06:50 PM
Got ONE coin yesterday from deliveries. None in the mine. None from fishing. I did however get 3 land deeds, which hardly ever show up in deliveries for me. Random indeed....

Have not gotten a coin since event started

Have no tools so can't mine for gold

Stuck on ch 3

tuffyjkitten
03-12-16, 08:13 PM
I'm done with this useless search for coins. Did close to 40 deliveries today and didn't get any. Still need 6 prizes. Not gonna happen.

Transberry I'm so sorry you got stuck there. Gold was my issue all thru the pony goals as well. Luckily my hubby sold me some, though the first time he tried to someone else got it before me. Finally found some in the newspaper. If I had any I would sell it to you. I do have 2 pick axes if you want them...message me on my wall if you do.

bss0226
03-12-16, 08:33 PM
The emeralds are for this event since we no longer have the option to craft them once the goal is completed. I have sold/discarded all my event items. You will still have the option to receive lucky coins after getting your pony.
Not sure About that one. You don't craft emeralds. You find them in the mine. There is no watch emblem on emeralds in storage or for sale. There is a watch item for other items including the clovers... Btw, you might be confusing the emblem that we can craft with the emeralds that we can find in the mine

Rynetory2
03-12-16, 09:21 PM
Not sure About that one. You don't craft emeralds. You find them in the mine. There is no watch emblem on emeralds in storage or for sale. There is a watch item for other items including the clovers... Btw, you might be confusing the emblem that we can craft with the emeralds that we can find in the mine

Thanks for checking but I am clear about what I wrote. I didn't think the emeralds were needed for post event since we couldn't craft anything with them, i.e. emblems and gifts.

1. Based on past events, all event items, crafts etc were removed after the end of event. Unless this has been changed for events going forward, then I stand corrected.

2. However let's not confuse this event with the grape event since that was actually a game update at the same time with an event combined, some of the items stayed after the event cos they were needed for the game update. That event was an exception.

If the emeralds turned out to be permanent, rest assured that we would be able to continue to find them in the mine, for the benefit of those who didn't participate in the event. I posted my earlier reply cos I didn't want the community to rush and buy the time limited items like patches, etc and ended up, wasting their coins based on a speculation.

However I will ask the CMs about the emeralds just to put this matter/speculation to rest. I'll post when I get an answer. Thanks for your feedback. :)

bss0226
03-12-16, 09:36 PM
Thanks for checking but I am clear about what I wrote. I didn't think the emeralds were needed for post event since we couldn't craft anything with them, i.e. emblems and gifts.

1. Based on past events, all event items, crafts etc were removed after the end of event. Unless this has been changed for events going forward, then I stand corrected.

2. However let's not confuse this event with the grape event since that was actually a game update at the same time with an event combined, some of the items stayed after the event cos they were needed for the game update. That event was an exception.

If the emeralds turned out to be permanent, rest assured that we would be able to continue to find them in the mine, for the benefit of those who didn't participate in the event. I posted my earlier reply cos I didn't want the community to rush and buy the time limited items like patches, etc and ended up, wasting their coins based on a speculation.

However I will ask the CMs about the emeralds just to put this matter/speculation to rest. I'll post when I get an answer. Thanks for your feedback. :)
Great. Thanks for the help. Btw, the clovers and lucky clovers don't have the watch icon either. Perhaps only crafted items have the watch icon... I wouldn't expect the clovers to remain after the event, but I could conceive of emerald brooches, etc being a future craft... After all, the emeralds are priced like the rubies, not as a low coin amount like the clovers and certain other temporary items

Rynetory2
03-12-16, 09:53 PM
You are right. I did notice some of the items like clovers didn't have a timer icon but the patches in the Market have a timed message. I am guessing the timer icon might be missed out. The crafts have icons but the produces (clovers, lucky clovers, emeralds) don't.

Anyways I just hope members, especially the lower levels with limited barn space and needing coins, wouldn't go into shopping frenzy yet.

PookieBear50
03-13-16, 12:58 AM
You are right. I did notice some of the items like clovers didn't have a timer icon but the patches in the Market have a timed message. I am guessing the timer icon might be missed out. The crafts have icons but the produces (clovers, lucky clovers, emeralds) don't.

Anyways I just hope members, especially the lower levels with limited barn space and needing coins, wouldn't go into shopping frenzy yet.

It's a little confusing, though...the peppermint from Christmas time had a timer on them, so it should be possible for the other items to as well. And it's also confusing that the train from the Toy Maker has a timer in it...unless the clock is meant to be in there.

Rynetory2
03-13-16, 03:15 AM
I didnt see any timer on toy trains nor bugs report on it. Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game. Thanks.

Rynetory2
03-13-16, 03:16 AM
System Maintenance

Schedule Maintenance March 13 2016 (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89838-Scheduled-Maintenance-Sunday-3-13)

Regina;1262678']http://i.imgur.com/DUNIPTH.png

Hi everyone!

We will be performing maintenance on ALL games on Sunday, March 13th. Maintenance will begin at 1:50 AM PST and is expected to last just a bit over 3 hours. Once maintenance is complete, all games will return online around 3/13 4:20 AM PDT.

Please note that you will not be able to access your games during this downtime. Thank you for your patience!

You can use this Time Zone Converter (http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/) to figure out your local time. You can enter "San Francisco" for the TL time zone (PST).

Rynetory2
03-13-16, 04:12 AM
Game is back online :)

swimpool12
03-13-16, 07:15 AM
I give up. There's is no way I will get anywhere close to the end. Pickaxes and shovels are too few and far between to have a chance at getting any gold pieces. I am stuck on the belt buckles and there is a LOT more gold pieces needed to get the end. And I'm not even sure what the prize is for getting there. Good luck to everyone else still trying!

bettapool
03-13-16, 07:54 AM
I never see the items which are supposed to be in studio? Not at xmas, Valentine's or now St patty event. Anyone else have this happen? Have latest version on iOS iPad 2

bettapool
03-13-16, 08:33 AM
Not sure if I posted this in the right place???

generalmadness
03-13-16, 11:26 AM
I never see the items which are supposed to be in studio? Not at xmas, Valentine's or now St patty event. Anyone else have this happen? Have latest version on iOS iPad 2

Some of the items do not show up until you have completed the previous goals. In other words, if you do not have a goal asking for that crafted item, you will not have the option to craft it.

bettapool
03-13-16, 12:24 PM
So I have never seen any goals other then for coins for machine

PookieBear50
03-13-16, 12:49 PM
I didnt see any timer on toy trains nor bugs report on it. Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game. Thanks.

It doesn't seem to be a bug, and I have no problems with it. It just seems to be a remnant from a previous event that was never removed...or else it's meant to look that way.29431

Not sure if it's visible in the image, but the clock (if that's what it is) has a Santa hat on it.

krisscritters
03-13-16, 03:23 PM
Please send me your ticket number via private message (http://forums.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=139069) so I can check to see if anyone can respond to you sooner. It usually takes 3 to 5 business days for support to revert. Thanks.

I haven't heard from anyone & don't have a ticket number to provide. Is it possible they didn't receive the email if it was sent from my iPad?

kooky panda
03-13-16, 05:36 PM
I haven't heard from anyone & don't have a ticket number to provide. Is it possible they didn't receive the email if it was sent from my iPad?
If you sent an email to support@storm8.com you should of received an automatic email back with a ticket number.
You can check you sent box on your iPad to make sure your email did get sent.
Check your spam box to make sure the email did not go there.

anne202b
03-13-16, 06:44 PM
But it is so pretty!! The shamrocks fall and swirl around it is mesmerising! Lol! I really hope they do one for next Christmas that will drop snowflakes! When you touch the topiary the shamrocks keep falling until you touch something else ��

What topiary are you talking about? Cuz mine just sits there and does nothing. :( Love my pony but rather disappointed after making a gazillion tries at finding coins and the 'grand' prize. Maybe it takes time to grow? LOL

**Update....and NOW I see it! Guess it just took a minute to get going. :)

krisscritters
03-14-16, 02:57 AM
If you sent an email to support@storm8.com you should of received an automatic email back with a ticket number.
You can check you sent box on your iPad to make sure your email did get sent.
Check your spam box to make sure the email did not go there.

I have been checking every folder in my mailbox since I sent it on 3/11. I have no email from support. Not sure what could have happened.
As the event only has 15 or so hours left, the event is over for me. I have started to put all event related items up for sale.
This issue will make me think twice about participating in the next one.

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 04:23 AM
It doesn't seem to be a bug, and I have no problems with it. It just seems to be a remnant from a previous event that was never removed...or else it's meant to look that way.29431

Not sure if it's visible in the image, but the clock (if that's what it is) has a Santa hat on it.

Thanks for the pic. I didnt check it in crafting mode so I had missed it. They appeared ok in barn. I have flagged this over. Thanks.

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 04:44 AM
I have been checking every folder in my mailbox since I sent it on 3/11. I have no email from support. Not sure what could have happened.
As the event only has 15 or so hours left, the event is over for me. I have started to put all event related items up for sale.
This issue will make me think twice about participating in the next one.

Hmmm that's strange. I'm very sorry that you missed out on this event. :( I hope you wouldnt mind but might I suggest that you resend an email to support@storm8.com again? I think it would be good for an agent to check and for you to know what actually happened to your missing barn items so it wouldnt happen again. It's entirely your call.

And just so you know in case this was your first time sending to Support. You should receive an automated reply, containing your ticket number, within a few minutes after you have sent your email. I hope you would try again and also check if you could receive emails from Storm8.

If you are still having issues receiving Storm8 email, you can post a picture of the email which you have sent in the Forum Dispute (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) thread. A Community Manager would be able to see and assist you further on this. Sorry about your event once again.

Mitzi111
03-14-16, 05:27 AM
I'm done with this useless search for coins. Did close to 40 deliveries today and didn't get any. Still need 6 prizes. Not gonna happen.

I am experiencing the same situation...spent lots of time on deliveries, fishing,mining.... yet very few times have coins dropped. I am missing prizes too. It would be nice if the duplicates weren't released until one of each prize was attained. : ( Now there isn't enough time for me to get the topiary.

Abby2Gab4Acres
03-14-16, 07:48 AM
Very disappointed in this event. I used up a lot of my shovels and picks for little to nothing in return. I stopped trying. I hope the Easter/Spring Event will be more promising.

seahawkran
03-14-16, 08:07 AM
I finished the 7 primary goals and won the pony some days ago but have not seen ANY coins for the gumball machine in deliveries, fishing, mining, or other farm activities - it's like they have disappeared. I still need 2 more items to win the topiary. Anyone else having the same problem or suggestions on where magic coins are hiding?

Mitzi111
03-14-16, 08:40 AM
I finished the 7 primary goals and won the pony some days ago but have not seen ANY coins for the gumball machine in deliveries, fishing, mining, or other farm activities - it's like they have disappeared. I still need 2 more items to win the topiary. Anyone else having the same problem or suggestions on where magic coins are hiding?

YES! very frustrating. I have received duplicates of things from the few coins that I got, but still need 8 prizes before getting the topiary. But there are only 9 hours left.

Mitzi111
03-14-16, 08:53 AM
SUGGESTION: Let the bonus prize (such as the topiary) be given if a participant reaches a certain number of deliveries instead of whether they got lucky enough to get all of the random prizes. If someone sends many, many deliveries and is getting duplicate prizes instead of one-of-each, then they don't get the bonus. As it is now, the bonus goes to 'lucky' participants instead of rewarding the amount of participation. What about that idea Team?

gerrywerry
03-14-16, 10:08 AM
I got the pony days ago and I been wanting just the pick axe to complete the prizes for over a week. Today I decided it wasn't going to happen then got 3 coins from 2 deliveries. Guess what ...... I got 3 gnomes :(

lnztrekfan
03-14-16, 10:11 AM
SUGGESTION: Let the bonus prize (such as the topiary) be given if a participant reaches a certain number of deliveries instead of whether they got lucky enough to get all of the random prizes. If someone sends many, many deliveries and is getting duplicate prizes instead of one-of-each, then they don't get the bonus. As it is now, the bonus goes to 'lucky' participants instead of rewarding the amount of participation. What about that idea Team?

I kind of like this idea! I never got one coin from deliveries or fishing (I used golden lures as well) got two in the mine after I bought the lucky pot. Coins were super hard to get so I ended up caving with 5 days left and bought the gold pot thing that gives every five hours and after setting my alarm to collect every 5 hrs even while sleeping I collected many coins but was given duplicate scarecrows or little red tickets and shovels. Still five items away from getting topiary. I would have liked to have gotten all the new skins, but oh well. Definitely would be nice if they built in the deliveries goal to the game as a back up. If you reach the number of sent deliveries you can get the reward. I was able to get my beautiful horse though so I'm very happy about that! :)
Best of luck to those still trying to finish event!!

tromalyt
03-14-16, 10:14 AM
No a single lucky coin during the last 3 days. :mad:

kellanrevere
03-14-16, 10:14 AM
i have no idea how these "games of chance" are run. I just know that being "lucky" enough to win coins didn't really
help me get the topiary any quicker than if I had won less coins and less duplicates. I think duplicates should be limited to Two.

A couple of days ago another special deal was offered that contained 3 Coins, I thought " oh, that's the game, they want me to BUY my last item for my prize". Bought the deal and those coins were no more lucky than the probably 75 I had used. Another 10 coins or so and I had my topiary. I imagine it was very frustrating not to get coins but I can tell you it was just as frustrating to get the coins and another gnome statue!

I also think we should have been able to give excess coins away. I didn't need to win coins after I got the topiary, but since I did, it would have been nice to help others out. Or even give them my duplicates.

Games shouldn't be frustrating ! And yet I hooked !

kellanrevere
03-14-16, 10:18 AM
I kind of like this idea! I never got one coin from deliveries or fishing (I used golden lures as well) got two in the mine after I bought the lucky pot. Coins were super hard to get so I ended up caving with 5 days left and bought the gold pot thing that gives every five hours and after setting my alarm to collect every 5 hrs even while sleeping I collected many coins but was given duplicate scarecrows or little red tickets and shovels. Still five items away from getting topiary. I would have liked to have gotten all the new skins, but oh well. Definitely would be nice if they built in the deliveries goal to the game as a back up. If you reach the number of sent deliveries you can get the reward. I was able to get my beautiful horse though so I'm very happy about that! :)
Best of luck to those still trying to finish event!!

REALLY, you bought the pot of gold and STILL didn't get the topiary ? That is just rotten. I thought I felt bad when I bought the special $4.99 deal with 3 coins and didn't get the one last item needed. 250 gems should have been a guarantee.

tromalyt
03-14-16, 10:20 AM
Sorry if it is already answered, but what does the topiary do?

Last year?s cauldron gives one gold per 2 days. Does the topiary give anything?

kellanrevere
03-14-16, 10:20 AM
No a single lucky coin during the last 3 days. :mad:

I got the majority of my coins by fishing and mining. I even got two coins once on a dough ball lure. Good luck.

tromalyt
03-14-16, 10:28 AM
I got the majority of my coins by fishing and mining. I even got two coins once on a dough ball lure. Good luck.

I just fished 12 times and not a single lucky coin. Same happened during the weekend. I have 2 bait houses with 4 slots on each. Every morning I have 8 new baits made during the night. And I make bait during the day as well. I did not get a single lucky coin during the weekend, none today either, not by fishing, not by mining, not by sending deliveries.

tromalyt
03-14-16, 10:38 AM
I skim read the thread and I did not find if the topiary is just a decoration or gives/does anything.

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 10:43 AM
Sorry if it is already answered, but what does the topiary do?

Last year?s cauldron gives one gold per 2 days. Does the topiary give anything?

I skim read the thread and I did not find if the topiary is just a decoration or gives/does anything.

The topiary is a decoration with an animated feature. It showers clovers on your farm when clicked. Similar to the Let It Snowman.

The clovers fly on your screen across the farm.

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 11:13 AM

Someone has checked your account but unable to see it since your toy train has finished crafting. They tested on their end but didn't see it. Can you reinstall to see if that will fix it for you? If it persists, you can either send an email to support@storm8.com or report in the bugs forum. Thanks.

PookieBear50
03-14-16, 12:02 PM
Hmm, so the clock ISN'T supposed to be there? Odd. Actually, after the train crafted and was waiting to be collected, there was no clock. It only shows up 1) in the Warehouse on the delivery order, 2) in the menu for the Toy Maker, 3) when it's crafting, and 4) in the Barn inventory.

Since the St. Patrick's Day event ends in a couple of hours, I'll try reinstalling this afternoon when I get home. As I said, though, it doesn't really bother me. It was just a point of curiosity.

Mitzi111
03-14-16, 12:29 PM
I kind of like this idea! I never got one coin from deliveries or fishing (I used golden lures as well) got two in the mine after I bought the lucky pot. Coins were super hard to get so I ended up caving with 5 days left and bought the gold pot thing...

I used 5 golden lures and also all of the other lures too...got lots of tuna, but no coins from the golden lures. (insert sad face here!)

Mitzi111
03-14-16, 01:19 PM
What was the final verdict on whether the EMERALDS will stay in the game after the event is over?

PookieBear50
03-14-16, 01:41 PM

What was the final verdict on whether the EMERALDS will stay in the game after the event is over?

According to rynetory2, the emeralds won't stay around (beyond whatever we haven't sold yet).

I apologize if anything I said gave rise to unwarranted expectations. I honestly only hoped that they might stay around to provide a new craft item for the Jewel Smith, but I never said that they would.

Mitzi111
03-14-16, 02:22 PM
According to rynetory2, the emeralds won't stay around (beyond whatever we haven't sold yet).

I apologize if anything I said gave rise to unwarranted expectations. I honestly only hoped that they might stay around to provide a new craft item for the Jewel Smith, but I never said that they would.

No problem PookieBear50 ! I agree with you... It would be fun to have Emeralds stay on the game for crafting jewerly!

lnztrekfan
03-14-16, 02:39 PM
Yay! I just got the barn skin with my last coin! With only 3 hrs left I can't collect anymore coins from my lucky pot so i won't be able to finish and get the topiary but I really wanted that barn skin! Lol!

Side note: I thought those emeralds were so beautiful they would make some gorgeous rings!

bss0226
03-14-16, 03:31 PM
Yay! I just got the barn skin with my last coin! With only 3 hrs left I can't collect anymore coins from my lucky pot so i won't be able to finish and get the topiary but I really wanted that barn skin! Lol!

Side note: I thought those emeralds were so beautiful they would make some gorgeous rings!

And necklaces too

lnztrekfan
03-14-16, 03:39 PM
And necklaces too

Yes! �� Or earrings! Complete set! Lol!

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 05:35 PM
Sorry guys, the team has confirmed the emeralds wouldn't be permanent.

PuppyFrog
03-14-16, 06:06 PM
Why did this event end 4 minutes early? I had 3 lucky coins from my last purchase that I was about to use but the it went from a timer of 4:30 minutes left to nothing!!! As you can see I am entering just minutes after 8 & I'm not a good typist. This was extremely unfair even to a player accustomed to seeing events end about 1-2 minutes early. I just don't understand why the company does this.

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 06:24 PM
So I have never seen any goals other then for coins for machine

There was a pop up screen for the first goal at the start of this event. Completing the first goal would enable you to proceed to subsequent goals. The goals are on the first post of this thread. You can also see your goals by tapping on the icon on the middle left of your game screen.

There's an event starting soon on 17 March 2:30pm PDT. Keep an eye on your game for pop up screen when the event has started. Please also make sure you have the latest iOS and Farm Story 2 version 2.4.1 on your device. Thanks.

Mitzi111
03-14-16, 06:24 PM

Congrats on the Barn skin. I am 'Green' with envy. haha! St Pat's is my FAV holiday and i wanted the barn skin. But i was missing about 6-8 of the prizes and that was one of them. : (. Hey... we got the pony though. : )

eucom
03-14-16, 06:26 PM
Why did this event end 4 minutes early? I had 3 lucky coins from my last purchase that I was about to use but the it went from a timer of 4:30 minutes left to nothing!!! As you can see I am entering just minutes after 8 & I'm not a good typist. This was extremely unfair even to a player accustomed to seeing events end about 1-2 minutes early. I just don't understand why the company does this.

Same here. The clock showed 41/2 minutes left and I had a delivered ready. I sent the delivery out hoping for a gold coin, but before the plane came back, the the event icons were gone!

krisscritters
03-14-16, 06:38 PM
Hmmm that's strange. I'm very sorry that you missed out on this event. :( I hope you wouldnt mind but might I suggest that you resend an email to support@storm8.com again? I think it would be good for an agent to check and for you to know what actually happened to your missing barn items so it wouldnt happen again. It's entirely your call.

And just so you know in case this was your first time sending to Support. You should receive an automated reply, containing your ticket number, within a few minutes after you have sent your email. I hope you would try again and also check if you could receive emails from Storm8.

If you are still having issues receiving Storm8 email, you can post a picture of the email which you have sent in the Forum Dispute (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) thread. A Community Manager would be able to see and assist you further on this. Sorry about your event once again.

I did try to resend the email & I copied my personal email to make sure it was sending from my iPad. I received the email in my hotmail account within minutes of sending it.

I'll try copying the email and posting it in the other forum. See if anything comes of it. Typically, I am not able to complete the events because I work 5 days a week. Can't play at work. I try just to have fun with it, something to make me not think about the day.

Thanks for taking the time to read & reply.

LuauCarly
03-14-16, 06:38 PM
How do I get rid of the clover patches? It won't let me sell or store them. I don't want these things on my farm forever.

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 06:45 PM
I did try to resend the email & I copied my personal email to make sure it was sending from my iPad. I received the email in my hotmail account within minutes of sending it.

I'll try copying the email and posting it in the other forum. See if anything comes of it. Typically, I am not able to complete the events because I work 5 days a week. Can't play at work. I try just to have fun with it, something to make me not think about the day.

Thanks for taking the time to read & reply.

Great to hear that you have received the automated reply! :) You needn't post on the Forum Dispute forum since you are able to receive support email. Please continue to follow up with Support email. Thanks.

Great attitude on game and event play! Likewise I don't let events stress me out, I just do it and see how far I go. Enjoy your game and I'm sure Support will be able to sort your issues out. :)

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 06:47 PM
How do I get rid of the clover patches? It won't let me sell or store them. I don't want these things on my farm forever.

I can store/sell them. Can you check again? You may need to restart your game. :)

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 06:49 PM

Wow you have indeed a very lucky streak! Awesome! Congrats sweetie. :D so happy for you!

lnztrekfan
03-14-16, 07:36 PM
Wow you have indeed a very lucky streak! Awesome! Congrats sweetie. :D so happy for you!

Congrats on the Barn skin. I am 'Green' with envy. haha! St Pat's is my FAV holiday and i wanted the barn skin. But i was missing about 6-8 of the prizes and that was one of them. : (. Hey... we got the pony though. : )

Thanks so much!��
I do have a quick question if anyone can please answer. I read somewhere that the lucky lot would give regular gold after event so that was the deciding factor for me to purchase it. I just received a notification that I had lucky coins to harvest. Which I knew wasn't possible because event was over but thought it would be regular gold. However when I went to the game and then clicked on the pot there was nothing. No timer or anything to collect. Are we supposed to get to collect gold ore from this?

judyandthecat
03-14-16, 07:59 PM
Thanks so much!��
I do have a quick question if anyone can please answer. I read somewhere that the lucky lot would give regular gold after event so that was the deciding factor for me to purchase it. I just received a notification that I had lucky coins to harvest. Which I knew wasn't possible because event was over but thought it would be regular gold. However when I went to the game and then clicked on the pot there was nothing. No timer or anything to collect. Are we supposed to get to collect gold ore from this?
The gold pot we crafted in last years event gives gold ore every two days as far as I know the pot this year was just to collect gold coins every five hours during the event.

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 08:08 PM
Thanks so much!��

Judy is correct, the pot of gold that gives gold was from St. Patrick's Day Event 2015. The pot of gold this year gives gold coins and it becomes a decoration now that the event is over. Sorry that you bought it based on that post. :( I am also sorry too that I didnt see it, else I would seek clarifications from member. It might be when I was away. Sorry sweetie but I hope winning the barn skin that you were longing for wouldd bring you some comfort. :)

The gold pot we crafted in last years event gives gold ore every two days as far as I know the pot this year was just to collect gold coins every five hours during the event.

lnztrekfan
03-14-16, 08:18 PM
Oh man! I obviously read something wrong so it's entirely my fault. Thank you both for clearing it up for me. I do enjoy the skins for the buildings and animals and without the lucky pot I wouldn't have gotten some of these so that makes it worth it for me. :) Overall for me it was a good event. :) Looking forward to the next one on Thursday!

Rynetory2
03-14-16, 08:24 PM
Great to hear that you enjoyed it! Haha I'm busy replenishing my depleted barn lol :D

PookieBear50
03-14-16, 10:38 PM
Sigh...they did it again. At the very least, we could have been allowed to keep the fully-grown clover patches, even if we couldn't grow them anymore. Instead, like with the flower plots from last year, the clover has been removed and we are left with squares that look like they are growing tiny sprouts of something that will never amount to anything.

Oh, well...I guess they go into the cellar, just like the flower plots did.

syncler78
03-15-16, 08:21 AM
Sigh...they did it again. At the very least, we could have been allowed to keep the fully-grown clover patches, even if we couldn't grow them anymore. Instead, like with the flower plots from last year, the clover has been removed and we are left with squares that look like they are growing tiny sprouts of something that will never amount to anything.

Oh, well...I guess they go into the cellar, just like the flower plots did.

Yep, I was disappointed to see this as well. :(

seahawkran
03-15-16, 09:28 AM
Agree - roses we planted were kept/stored from previous event, but not clover we planted with this event. And yet when stored they have clover shown!!?? Thought they were getting better about that but guess not. Maybe it will "correct" itself shortly!!?? SMH.

syncler78
03-15-16, 07:44 PM
My clovers came back! They look so much better grown! Thank you S8!

tuffyjkitten
03-16-16, 08:45 PM
Yes, I was sooooooo happy to see the clover back!! Thank you!!!

Kastlerama
03-18-16, 01:25 PM
The topiary is a decoration with an animated feature. It showers clovers on your farm when clicked. Similar to the Let It Snowman.

Thank you! I wondered how the clover confettii kept happening.