PDA

View Full Version : Better Breeding for All!

FlatFoot
02-25-16, 05:27 PM
Edit(KP) The Fairy Dragon was put back into the game because of needed quests.

Hello everyone! I wanted to give you all a heads up about something we're doing to give you all a better experience playing Dragon Story. As the game nears 700 dragons, we realize that some are harder to breed due to the high amount of similar types.

In order to make it easier for you to breed certain types of dragons, we will be removing some current ones to free up your chances. This will likely be an ongoing effort by the team and we will always give you a heads up before removing them. I have attached the announcement that goes live tomorrow so you can know which dragons will be leaving by March 4th.

These dragons will remain breedable until the fourth, and of course if you already own any of these dragons, they'll stay safe and sound on your island :D

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.hipchat.com/85245/2138147/v60ibF4qMjOl5PY/announcement_removing_.png

Mindvolt, Patchwork, Fairy, Sunblaze, Familiar, Rose, Eagle, Aether, and Scorpion Dragon.

Niire
02-25-16, 05:48 PM
I, for one, think this is a great idea. Cannot tell you how many of those dragons I've gotten over the past year or so that I've been playing, lol. Aether is an attention hog to mistmoth I swear! LOL

i wanted to add, for new players who are trying to decide which of these to try for/buy...for tourneys, scorpion and aether are indispensable. fairy is very useful too, and very pretty, lol. UM...fairy...hey flatfoot, what are they going to do with the quest the fairy has in the quest building? Since she won't be available after the 4th...

FlatFoot
02-25-16, 06:08 PM
I, for one, think this is a great idea. Cannot tell you how many of those dragons I've gotten over the past year or so that I've been playing, lol. Aether is an attention hog to mistmoth I swear! LOL

i wanted to add, for new players who are trying to decide which of these to try for/buy...for tourneys, scorpion and aether are indispensable. fairy is very useful too, and very pretty, lol. UM...fairy...hey flatfoot, what are they going to do with the quest the fairy has in the quest building? Since she won't be available after the 4th...

The quest will remain in the Outpost for the time being, @Niire. Players with the Fairy Dragon will still be able to use the quest, but we have some things coming down the pipeline that will allow players to achieve similar tasks in new ways as well ;)

metsfreek
02-25-16, 06:09 PM
I think this is a very good idea and would like to see even more dragons who've had very long lifespans be removed. I'd also love to see the Comet Dragon replaced. Good work guys

DeeDe99
02-25-16, 06:10 PM
Excellent concept. The odds are getting rather long with the number of available dragons. :)

metsfreek
02-25-16, 06:19 PM
Some of the others that could reasonably be removed are:
Wild, Titan, Serpent, Atlantis, Aurora, Mirage and Mistmoth.

mbyte68
02-25-16, 06:24 PM
higher chances to breed with higher level dragons would be nice also :) jst thowing it out theres lol and boosted breeding to actually do what it says instead of being another gold trap giving us the same commons and stuff :/ :)

Niire
02-25-16, 06:41 PM
Ohh, sweet! Honestly, I only did that quest once, for the goal completion. :p But love seeing new stuff come to the game. I think I'd just about trade a limb for the ability to trade dragons...:)

BiteMe111
02-25-16, 07:13 PM
Guess I better breed that Scorpion then (never was a priority and somehow never happened).

I like the idea, but I'm hoping this list is just a start. I'd especially love common dragons with very long timers removed: Sunrise, Poison, Island, Luck, Charm...

Niire
02-25-16, 07:16 PM
I like the idea, but I'm hoping this list is just a start. I'd especially love common dragons with very long timers removed: Sunrise, Poison, Island, Luck, Charm...
OMG, I couidn't agree more, lol!

debrasbistro
02-25-16, 07:31 PM
Guess I better breed that Scorpion then (never was a priority and somehow never happened).

My thoughts exactly! Also Coral, Winter, Mist!

PinkBubbles75
02-25-16, 07:48 PM
I think this is a good idea. Hopefully I'll have a better chance of getting tricorn and triple rainbow. Yesterday I was trying for triple rainbow using charisma & splatter got 22 or 23 hours... But it turned out to be mindvolt... Lol I actually have all of these except for sunblaze so maybe I'll try for it

Dragosle
02-25-16, 10:02 PM
Welp I've already had all of these guy so I won't be missing anything when they leaves.

The quest will remain in the Outpost for the time being, @Niire. Players with the Fairy Dragon will still be able to use the quest, but we have some things coming down the pipeline that will allow players to achieve similar tasks in new ways as well ;)

My opinion though is that it's really not a good choice to expire a dragon that has a permanent in-game function feature (not including generating coins of course) like Fairy. I'd be simpler to expire other old dragons with similar rarity and color. Beside, getting a Fairy fail is much pleasant even when compare to its similar common color Fruitful.

Much as I like the idea too, Common dragons are unlikely to be expired (ever) :p

metsfreek
02-25-16, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't mind if they replace some common dragons with new common dragons. Maybe some that don't have huge breeding times, like Sunrise, Poison etc

Supervixen78
02-25-16, 10:43 PM
If I don't have a Fairy Dragon yet, will the goal be removed too?

I'm actually kind of bummed about this - I've been trying to breed that darn Fairy in between events for 4 months now - every time I see the Fruitful egg, I shed a tear... okay, maybe not really, but I'm sick of seeing that egg!

jjblueyes
02-25-16, 11:34 PM
I'd be happy to never see another sunrise. This is a good thing. I'm happy to see this, and the hint of more things to come. Good stuff guys!!
Jen

chuckyt888
02-25-16, 11:50 PM
Hahah. Ah yes. Sunrise Dragon... as in you will see one or two sunrises before you can breed another dragon.

I don't think it's a great idea to take dragons away on such short notice. If you are planning to take dragons away the player base should be given a notice several weeks in advance. I have all these dragons as do most longer term players but many may not.

I'd be happy to never see another sunrise. This is a good thing. I'm happy to see this, and the hint of more things to come. Good stuff guys!!
Jen

patisserieforever
02-26-16, 12:12 AM
Urgh nooo I want Aether ! not care about others I don't have since they are not cute :p
Super rare one...only one week to try to breed it, is he so easily to breed ?

Thanks !

Niire
02-26-16, 03:17 AM
For alot of folks, aether and scorpion (also parakeet, but not so bad since it's a 5 hr timer) are the "common super rares". For me sometimes, they pop up more often than commons do...

Sandybellee
02-26-16, 04:57 AM
This is a great concept! Very glad to not have to have some of these fails again. :)

hiabarara
02-26-16, 05:13 AM
The idea itself is nice, but I have to admit that none of these dragons ever gave me trouble. And they don't seem to have many colors in common, so it reduces maybe one or two outcomes when you breed for something specific, but you still have 50 other outcomes left.
I agree with these two other users:

belarica
02-26-16, 06:15 AM
I wish athletic was in the picture :) I'm so glad to see rose go.

813vv
02-26-16, 11:45 AM
I really wish they bring Island, Coral, Mist, Magic, Poison, Firestorm, Sunrise... Those make nightmare than anything else.

amerirish
02-26-16, 11:54 AM

I say Amen and Hallelujah to both of these posts! Also Social, Wild, Laserlight & Planet :)

I love the idea of some Dragon 'Spring Cleaning' but am shocked to see Aether on this list - that is a total A-List fighter. I really hope everyone gets one before they leave. Maybe TL would consider lowering the Super Rares to Rare in the remaining few weeks to make it easier.

lenasdinner
02-26-16, 12:06 PM
I wish athletic was in the picture :) I'm so glad to see rose go.

actully don't have rose...like to have it at the end,will try for that one and scorpion.not so interested for familiar.these dragon I dont have and all others are playing around my island.

sleepygs
02-26-16, 12:23 PM
I'm a relatively new player and I have SEVERAL open quests to bred dragons on this list!!! It seems very unfair to take out dragons we are asked by the game to breed, even if we were given "adequate" warning, which less than a week hardly is. I've been trying for Mindvolt longer than that!

This is pretty hard to swallow, and I hate to sound like the people who play the game that brought me here, but as a daily player of lvl 81, I haven't been able to complete any tournaments or tales, and now I can't do the quests? What is the point? World events are amazingly fun, and unique, but that's all I'm playing for it seems.

Jagger517
02-26-16, 12:57 PM
I don't think it's a great idea to take dragons away on such short notice. If you are planning to take dragons away the player base should be given a notice several weeks in advance.

Agreed, this is only one week's notice! I think 3-4 weeks is more reasonable!

Especially considering that many of the common fails we'll get while trying for these take literally 2 or even 3 entire days (25-33 hours in the den plus 25-33 hours on the nest equals 50-66 hours!)

And that's on top of trying to breed for limited dragons, such as Deep Freeze or Lumberjack or Spicy, or breed for the Dragon Tales.

Please extend it!!

cazile81
02-26-16, 01:37 PM
I totally agree with you all...oh and Pegasus too. I still can't breed Prism cause of that fail.

Kriscake21
02-26-16, 01:42 PM
What about the dragons that are on the list, that we don't have and been trying to get. I have been trying to get ather and it hasn't been working

freshfunin2008
02-26-16, 01:48 PM
I want all the commons removed for those over a certain level say 50 or so.

hungryres
02-26-16, 02:25 PM
Oh no, I do not have 5 of them. And they are of different combination.
My den is still being occupied at this moment

lady_saphira
02-26-16, 03:47 PM
The only 2 I don't have on this list are aether and scorpion. Don't particularly care much for scorpion and will probably just buy aether. Should I invest in scorpion? Does he have an useful qualities?

freshfunin2008
02-26-16, 03:55 PM
In theory this sounds good. However, it is so hard to breed for specific things in a short time frame. I only get new dragons if I am trying for 1 specifically and then I get a fail I didn't have already.

mayday2001
02-26-16, 04:08 PM
So happy to see rose go!! My island loves rose. I'm sure I've bred at least 30 fails. Also would like to see the fails with super long evolution times gone like social and Titan.

amalsaba
02-26-16, 04:19 PM

I'm with you on that. These are far more annoying than the ones they chose

tink8709
02-26-16, 05:17 PM
I think this is a bad idea, i am still fairly new(only level 23) and i am still missing quite a few of these(quite a few which i have actually wanted), i dont even have fairy yet so I guess I wont be doing that quest from the outpost. I think instead of removing them completely they should just remove them for people who already have them, i have been busy trying to get all the limited ones that are released and thought these were permanent and that i had plenty time to get them and now given very little notice that they are going away is frustrating(a week notice is not enough for dragons that were thought to be permanenr). Stuff like this makes me wonder if i want to continue playing this game as it just seems like too much stuff is released too quickly(and taken away) and dont get much time to get things done unless spend gems on everything, i understand this is a business and they need to make money but I have played other games where you get way more for your money and you are given more time to complete things and dont feel pressured to spend spend spend.

TwinkleTwiny
02-26-16, 05:31 PM
I am lvl 108 and I have dragons on this list missing (scorpion, patchwork, familiar) so I am not too happy they leave already taking into account that I have tried for these ! Maybe a few more weeks available would give us more time to try

Jagger517
02-26-16, 05:36 PM
I want all the commons removed for those over a certain level say 50 or so.

I think those over level 50 or 75 should be able to opt-in to having commons removed.

I'm level 58 (omg when did that happen?!?) and still want/need most commons!

Jagger517
02-26-16, 05:38 PM
I think this is a bad idea, i am still fairly new(only level 23) and i am still missing quite a few of these(quite a few which i have actually wanted), i dont even have fairy yet so I guess I wont be doing that quest from the outpost. I think instead of removing them completely they should just remove them for people who already have them, i have been busy trying to get all the limited ones that are released and thought these were permanent and that i had plenty time to get them and now given very little notice that they are going away is frustrating(a week notice is not enough for dragons that were thought to be permanenr). Stuff like this makes me wonder if i want to continue playing this game as it just seems like too much stuff is released too quickly(and taken away) and dont get much time to get things done unless spend gems on everything, i understand this is a business and they need to make money but I have played other games where you get way more for your money and you are given more time to complete things and dont feel pressured to spend spend spend.

Well said. I agree with you on every single one of these points.

Anaboe
02-26-16, 05:41 PM
I think I have a solution for this problem:

Some dragons are only available once you reached a certain level.

How about removing dragons ?fter you reach a certain level?

That way everyone, long-term player or newbee, has the same chances of breeding dragons, and long-term players will have more chances on breeding something new.

Also, if you make an option (for gold, if you want to) to prevent colors from splitting during breeding, I would be s? happy. The black-pink combination is s? hard!

tink8709
02-26-16, 07:49 PM
I agree with this, instead of completly removing them and screwing new players and even veterans who havent managed to get these yet, they could just implement a check box when breeding that lets you choose if you want duplicate breeding

belarica
02-26-16, 07:54 PM
I agree with this, instead of completly removing them and screwing new players and even veterans who havent managed to get these yet, they could just implement a check box when breeding that lets you choose if you want duplicate breeding

I don't like duplicates either but even I know that would just take randomness out of the equation. But hey, folks would get diamond hybrids no problem.

tink8709
02-26-16, 08:01 PM
I don't like duplicates either but even I know that would just take randomness out of the equation. But hey, folks would get diamond hybrids no problem.

Just a thought, would be better then just plain removing dragons to make it easier for people to get other dragons they dont have(while the people who dont have said dragons just lose out on them)would also help from turning people away who get annoyed after getting the same dragon with a long breed/hatch time a billion times in a row(after all we play these games to have fun and what is fun about that?) They could even make it where you just have a higher chance of not getting a duplicate

hungryres
02-26-16, 09:14 PM
Argh, first try :20hr timer, I am sensing island fail

PinkBubbles75
02-26-16, 11:26 PM
I've found my level 10 scorpion useful in battles. Obviously it's no diamond or champion, but it has sometimes taken down opponents that can give me problems (it took down Templar in the Tournament going on :))I don't know if the same goes for anyone else.

Niire
02-26-16, 11:29 PM
Aether is excellent, if you don't have a beast already. And it's very shiny, aka pretty, lol.

LilliDee
02-27-16, 02:18 AM
I'm level 117 and never got Aether or Familiar. My daughter loves cats and wants a Familiar badly but I never try for it becaue I don't want a Poison. During the blue/purple breeding we all did trying to get what was it, Daydreamer (obviously I never got it) I didn't see a hint of Aether or Celestial (which I think is the coolest looking dragon so I'm glad he's not leaving). This last week and a half I bred three Islands, THREE. Would so much rather see commons and Love (how hideous is he!!) Athletic, etc. leave. Oh, and Fruitful completely annoys me. Why do we have to seem him every time the game loads. It makes no sense that he is running with his tongue when he has legs. He seriously looks like he is multiple bricks short in the brain department. I about fell out of my chair when I finally bred Fairy and could STOP getting all the Fruitful fails.

Apparently now I will have to spend the so-called boosted breeding trying for Aether. I'm ALWAYS trying for diamond so this is a bit irritating. Although I have my doubts boosted breeding even is boosted. It never seems to produce any super rare dragons for me. It seems like it boosts common dragons better than rare and super rare ones, but who ever boosted breeds common dragons??!! I don't because it seems like a waste. I do seem to get A LOT of boosted breeds resulting in the ever elusive Life dragon and Coral, ha, ha.

nabooKat
02-27-16, 06:28 AM
I have to say I'm gutted!! I have two accounts 115 and 96 and I have wanted a Familar since the beginning and I can't breed one for love nor money!!
Only giving us a few days notice is also awful due to the fact that we are incredibly loyal players I also have a Fairy missing ( accidentally sold!) on one game and an Eagle on the other.
I don't have enough gold to buy a Familiar and don't buy gold as don't have the spare cash in real life.
I am hugely disappointed.
I have only been playing for about a year and I feel that just lately the things that TL S8 have done ( reducing gold amounts in Tournaments, less gold for installing games etc. etc.) are all geared against the player.
I love love love Dragon Story but I am becoming increasing disillusioned with the game and how it is progressing. No fair!!
Thanks for reading.

debrasbistro
02-27-16, 06:44 AM
After reading the comments I just wanted to add a few things here. First of all the dragons you're taking away are not the ones blocking my breeding personally. If this is really to help our chances, then take away the ones we always get and are so sick of, and that take up days that people have mentioned above.

Three of my favorite dragons which I do have are Aether, Fairy and Familiar. Not sure why they are leaving when so many annoying and less well-designed remain.

freesiawoods
02-27-16, 08:23 AM
Remove Titan and Planet too. Only happy to see Mindvolt go! Okay, Rose too.

jjblueyes
02-27-16, 08:38 AM
Hahah. Ah yes. Sunrise Dragon... as in you will see one or two sunrises before you can breed another dragon.

I don't think it's a great idea to take dragons away on such short notice. If you are planning to take dragons away the player base should be given a notice several weeks in advance. I have all these dragons as do most longer term players but many may not.

Yes, after reading everyone's posts I like the idea of making it a level based thing. I would hope everyone at my level would have all of these dragons but my kids island has one on the list. I kinda figured it's just part of the deal but it is sad for all the newer players to not have these to try for. Whoever said dump the commons for high levels is my hero. No manic fails, sunrise, that was funny your "several sunrise" comment.
I guess the game will do what it will do but I do agree it's a problem for young islands and I didn't even think of the quests until I read that post. I never really went out of my way to do them but I can see if that was part of what you enjoyed of the game that wouldn't be good. So I'm changing my mind. Shocking for a female I know, this seems to be more negative then positive since as someone pointed out there's still going to be 50 other fail options no matter. Sorry I didn't quote everyone I just have limited time this morning.
Jen

AliceWinter24
02-27-16, 09:54 AM
These dragons have never bothered me, I don't even have all of them, even though I've played since 2013. I could think of some other dragons though, that always pop up when trying to breed for something else ...

zenkitty99
02-27-16, 04:02 PM
After reading the comments I just wanted to add a few things here. First of all the dragons you're taking away are not the ones blocking my breeding personally. If this is really to help our chances, then take away the ones we always get and are so sick of, and that take up days that people have mentioned above.

That's a very good point! If the devs are taking away dragons to help free up our breeding, then why did they choose these ones? These ones aren't common fails, so removing them is not going to help improve our breeding chances much (if at all). I'm level 98 and don't have most of these dragons yet!

If you really want to improve breeding chances, remove common fails like Coral (I've really come to hate this one!), Mist, Fruitful, Life etc.

I appreciate that you're trying to improve the game for us, but I don't see how removing these particular dragons does that?

Jagger517
02-27-16, 11:26 PM
It's interesting that S8 is taking away the Rose dragon... when it was on the Valentine's Spin To Win not two weeks ago!

Shouldn't STW dragons be, like, rare and valuable and WANTED? :confused:

lenasdinner
02-28-16, 06:08 AM
I don't know how easy is to breed this dragons.all this that I have I maybe got them only once or twice.but I cant get them even now with boosted breeding at all.only commen dragons.thay are the problem and those will never go away!

Hawk1
02-28-16, 10:52 AM
None of these dragons will help us, if you had retired Luck, Titan, Coral and Mist then maybe I would thought this was a good idea.

Niire
02-28-16, 11:08 AM
After reading a bit and thinking more, yeah, the idea itself is a good one, but there are some like poison, island, sunrise, luck...those are pains more so than any of the ones leaving. Actually, if you think about it...fruitful, life, coral, even mist...it might bite to get them, but at least they are under 20 hour breed/nest time...

nabooKat
02-28-16, 11:22 AM
Ever since I heard of these dragons being removed I have been trying for Familiar and I have had a continuous stream of poison fails. Nothing else, just poison. This is making me so sad.
Used the boosted breeding too and still only poison.

Jagger517
02-28-16, 02:15 PM
Flatfoot, we're curious about how these particular dragons were chosen to be retired. They're not even Commons!

Grizzy91810
02-28-16, 05:22 PM
I'm not happy about these dragons leaving. I started this game jut in time for the Valentine event. So I am uber new. Lvl 23. I don't have ANY of these dragons, and I really want at least half on the list and have no time to get them.

Don't get me started on the so called boosted breeding. My husband just got a life dragon with 'boosted breeding'. Life dragons aren't hard to get, it was the first dragon I got from breeding. My husband has 4 now.

I REALLY WANT THE FAIRY DRAGON! Would someone please tell me the best dragons used to breed it? Thanks.

tuffyjkitten
02-28-16, 07:40 PM
I have all of the ones that will be retired but even if I didnt this wouldn't bother me. Limited dragons come and go every week and I never get most of them...most I never even tried for because I didn't have space. Haven't tried for any tournament, battle craft, or mining dragons for the last 6 months either. And if you look at my goal book....well....it's rather full. It's not the end of the world to miss a dragon. They may come back as spin wheel prizes or value packs. I've gotten a few retired dragons (like Forestfire) that way.

Jagger517
02-28-16, 11:35 PM
I REALLY WANT THE FAIRY DRAGON! Would someone please tell me the best dragons used to breed it? Thanks.

Fairy is yellow/green, so the easiest combo is Air and Forest.

Good luck!

Jackiesq
02-29-16, 01:41 AM
Nice idea, but why are fairy and sunblaze exactly that 2 yellow/greens that I can't get after so many parakeet and nymph fails... 😕

TwinkleTwiny
02-29-16, 02:12 AM
I just bred patchwork and scorpion this week end, I still miss familiar :/

lenasdinner
03-01-16, 12:27 AM
Im tryin for rose and scorpion and everything I get is life.i tried so many combos but still nothing........

jmavs8
03-01-16, 12:57 AM
When are Bride and Spicy being retired? I missed the date in the pop up.

jmavs8
03-01-16, 12:59 AM
I wish you would bring back one retired per week for one week only as a way to still get them.

TwinkleTwiny
03-01-16, 01:30 AM
Im tryin for rose and scorpion and everything I get is life.i tried so many combos but still nothing........

For scorpion I used diamond and Eagle with free boost

tink8709
03-01-16, 07:31 AM
Have been trying for the fairy and sunblaze ones since this was announced and i have got multiples of every other outcome possible(including the super rares) but not a single fairy or sunblaze, so to me atleast these 2 dragons are not the problem i get nymph and fruitful way too often followed by druid.

Najchi
03-01-16, 08:33 AM
I've only had Sunblaze of all these dragons, but since the anouncement I managed to breed Aether and Fairy. As well as Explorer, Treefrog and Parakeet which I didn't had either.

Anaboe
03-01-16, 09:22 AM
I understand that it's a hustle for low level players, but let's be honest: Mindvolt has been around since April 2012! It's not like you didn't have the time to get them... Yes, if you started playing just a few months ago, you would run out of time. But there have been limited dragons always. So when you didn't play right from the beginning, there will always be dragons you wil never have. These going limited isn't any different from any other dragon expiring.

freshfunin2008
03-01-16, 10:08 AM
Just because they are removing these ones don't think that doesn't mean they will be brought back for gold or on the dumb wheel in the future.

lenasdinner
03-01-16, 11:11 AM
For scorpion I used diamond and Eagle with free boost

thanks. I have eagle,but no diamond for me yet......:(

feonalily
03-01-16, 11:45 AM
Not sure if this has been answered yet but how am I supposed to quest for gems if you get rid of the fairy dragon?? I don't have one yet

FlatFoot
03-01-16, 11:56 AM
The dragons will certainly come back at some time in the future.

roguebee
03-01-16, 12:40 PM
I can believe that. This is Rose's third retirement, at least...

amerirish
03-01-16, 12:58 PM
I can believe that. This is Rose's third retirement, at least...

Kinda like a Cher farewell tour - she has one every year, lol :p

roguebee
03-01-16, 03:33 PM
I thought I remembered reading that one of the old rock bands had to have a clause in their contract for their current farewell tour that it was their last farewell tour...

random59
03-02-16, 12:01 PM
I thought I remembered reading that one of the old rock bands had to have a clause in their contract for their current farewell tour that it was their last farewell tour...

You sure did and it is Motley Crew!

DeeDe99
03-02-16, 04:16 PM
Of these, I do not have Mindvolt, Familiar, Eagle or Aether. Just tried for Eagle and got 13 hours, not 14. Not looking like I will get any of these, no time left really now.

Oh well - the newer dragons are great, so I'll live without the retirees. :)

tink8709
03-02-16, 05:05 PM
Nice idea, but why are fairy and sunblaze exactly that 2 yellow/greens that I can't get after so many parakeet and nymph fails... 😕
I feel you, i can't get either one of those either but keep getting multiples of every other yellow/green including a billion nymphs, just seems fishy to me

debrasbistro
03-02-16, 09:23 PM
Fairy was the first beautiful dragon I bred when I first started playing. So sad she is on this list when so many have had trouble breeding her :( So many dragon designs are based off this one. Seems disrespectful to me to toss her away when the annoying common 24 hour ones remain. May be overreacting or just nostalgic.

Niire
03-02-16, 10:44 PM
If you need more dragon names to add to the list of "getting in the way of breeding"...athletic. Nuff said, I think. LOL

Well, for me at least...if he is on the list of possible 11 hour outcomes, I get him. Every single time. Without fail. Not sure if anyone else has that issue, but yah. :(

lenasdinner
03-03-16, 12:17 AM
I've breed Rose yesteday for the first .very happy about it.still tryin for scorpion.maybe I will buy it if I dont get it buy the end of the day

Niire
03-03-16, 12:51 AM
lena, I swear, if I had the ability to give you a dragon, I have a rose in my storage right now. And a level 7 on my isle...hopefully you luck out with scorpion. Early on, he was one of my best fighters. :)

Edit..helps if I could finish a thought, lmao! I meant to say if you still needed it and we could trade, I'd give her to you. When she gets older, she is beautiful, and little roses follow her. :)

DeeDe99
03-03-16, 04:30 AM
Of these, I do not have Mindvolt, Familiar, Eagle or Aether. Just tried for Eagle and got 13 hours, not 14. Not looking like I will get any of these, no time left really now.

Oh well - the newer dragons are great, so I'll live without the retirees. :)

Got Eagle on my second try.

njbhugjjgnj
03-03-16, 01:08 PM
Just because they are removing these ones don't think that doesn't mean they will be brought back for gold or on the dumb wheel in the future.

That's a very good point! If the devs are taking away dragons to help free up our breeding, then why did they choose these ones? These ones aren't common fails, so removing them is not going to help improve our breeding chances much (if at all). I'm level 98 and don't have most of these dragons yet!

If you really want to improve breeding chances, remove common fails like Coral (I've really come to hate this one!), Mist, Fruitful, Life etc.

I appreciate that you're trying to improve the game for us, but I don't see how removing these particular dragons does that?

I'm in agreement with ya! I've tried soooooooo hard to breed Aether and familiar with absolutely NO LUCK >:( If you want to remove a dragon,poison is my vote! I also feel,1 week isn't enough time to breed most of these dragon's, especially with long fails :( How about removing 1 or 2 a week leaving those with enough time to work on the dragon's we want?

firedraconian
03-03-16, 01:25 PM
I have been trying to breed the familiar dragon since it's now going to b removed and ALL I have been getting are poison and fruitful that takes almost a day to incubate ..... U need to give us more time to breed them.... I understand it has been available for a while but it's not priority when there are events or dragon tales to do along with the quests!!!!! For a dragon that is rare it sure takes a long time to breed/incubate!!!!!

lenasdinner
03-03-16, 02:49 PM
lena, I swear, if I had the ability to give you a dragon, I have a rose in my storage right now. And a level 7 on my isle...hopefully you luck out with scorpion. Early on, he was one of my best fighters. :)

Edit..helps if I could finish a thought, lmao! I meant to say if you still needed it and we could trade, I'd give her to you. When she gets older, she is beautiful, and little roses follow her. :)

thanks ...you are so kind.still no luck with scorpion:(

lenasdinner
03-03-16, 02:53 PM
how meny houers do we have until these sale ends?

Niire
03-03-16, 02:59 PM
When the world event ends, if I had to guess. i do know it's the 4th.

fluffpuff21
03-03-16, 08:04 PM
I was finally able to breed Aether, but I currently have a Penumbra on my nest qnd I don't know if I'll have time to breed the Fairy... I've wamted that dragon since day 1!! :( I'm fairly new (level 44) and I was wondering if it would be worth it to buy a Fairy or if it would even be possible to try breeding it. Thoughts?

Like a bunch of others have said, super bummed that they only gave us a week's notice... It took me that long just to get one dragon off of this list! Sad sad...

belarica
03-03-16, 09:23 PM
Got hot chocolate and mist moth back to back, both new to me :)

sam204
03-04-16, 02:36 AM
thanks. I have eagle,but no diamond for me yet......:(

Sorry to know that you don't have Diamond yet ! I am going to get my third Diamond -- but ofcouse 2 nd and 3 rd came while my first Diamond was used for breeding with another dragon ! I could have happily gifted it to you but game doesn't permit ! Why don't you breed Tropic and Jack ? It is reported to be Lucky pair to get Diamond in few tries ! Also , King and Element Dragon ! Best of Luck !

hungryres
03-04-16, 03:19 AM

i just can't get hot chocolate it seems.

besides trying for spicy for the first two days or so (but kept getting life (mainly), and landworm x1), i switched to using blue yellow purple for breeding purpose hoping to get either blue/ purple, blue/ yellow ones that will be retiring soon, but i only got seer as new one, still no luck in breeding the ones that are leaving :(

i just keep getting mist ... pls leave mist, please....

lisabandit2
03-04-16, 05:06 AM
Ever since I heard of the retirement, I've tried for eagle & mindvolt religiously. ALL I got were firestorm & mist. Nothing else. No different time always 12 & 14...both roosts. Really? And what about the book of goals? No warning in there about limited time but it wouldn't matter anyway. Firestorm & mist...always

Niire
03-04-16, 06:13 AM

Grats! What combo did you use, if you don't mind me prying? I've been trying for mistmoth on and off since I was old enough to. :(

lenasdinner
03-04-16, 07:12 AM
Sorry to know that you don't have Diamond yet ! I am going to get my third Diamond -- but ofcouse 2 nd and 3 rd came while my first Diamond was used for breeding with another dragon ! I could have happily gifted it to you but game doesn't permit ! Why don't you breed Tropic and Jack ? It is reported to be Lucky pair to get Diamond in few tries ! Also , King and Element Dragon ! Best of Luck !

ahhhhh no Tropic jet.I'm tryin for that one a wile now but still nothing,I really miss some of the dragons on my island ...but maybe in time will see.today I've got summer elf(I wanted it since the first time I saw it),rendomly breedin two dragons because I was so tierd of getting life and firestorm.....

sam204
03-04-16, 09:26 AM
ahhhhh no Tropic jet.I'm tryin for that one a wile now but still nothing,I really miss some of the dragons on my island ...but maybe in time will see.today I've got summer elf(I wanted it since the first time I saw it),rendomly breedin two dragons because I was so tierd of getting life and firestorm.....

I feel , You must have purchased Prime Eternal Dragon -- hope so ! If yes , Why don't you breed Prime Etenal Dragon with Lord of Light Dragon or Black Ice Dragon or even Arbiter or Dame of Darkness -- You have a chance to get Diamond Dragon besides you may get some new dragons also !

belarica
03-04-16, 10:07 AM
Grats! What combo did you use, if you don't mind me prying? I've been trying for mistmoth on and off since I was old enough to. :(

Think I used unicorn x healer, was trying for divine

meowhatola
03-04-16, 12:10 PM
Not cool guys! I was gonna buy the Patchwork as soon as the event was over and you guys didn't even say when they're going to be gone! It's still the 4th! Not cool =\

kimandamelia
03-04-16, 04:38 PM
When do you think the next group of retirees will be announced Mr. Flatfoot? For long time players who have been at this for years, this is a great idea. I would love to see Athletic, Social, Wizard, Titan, Laserlight, Hypnotic, Blue Moon, and Tiny retired. A long shot, but Island and Sunrise should be taken out in a slow, painful way too!

freshfunin2008
03-04-16, 04:45 PM
When do you think the next group of retirees will be announced Mr. Flatfoot? For long time players who have been at this for years, this is a great idea. I would love to see Athletic, Social, Wizard, Titan, Laserlight, Hypnotic, Blue Moon, and Tiny retired. A long shot, but Island and Sunrise should be taken out in a slow, painful way too!

don't forget Pegasus and virtue

TinkerbellTheGreat
03-06-16, 08:13 AM

So tired of Sunrise, Island, Luck, and Charm! Also, tired of getting Virtue and Magic on Boosted Breeding!

PrincessCouture2014
03-07-16, 05:03 AM
its strange that u guys removed the dragons which were already hard to get n not the omes which pop up like 20 times atleast while trying for a specific combo forexample Firestorm, genie, poison, sunshine or whatever the 24 hrs yellow white dragon is, winter, coral, mist to name a few.

Niire
03-07-16, 06:14 AM
Well, from what I can tell, they didn't remove any commons, bummer lol. Dunno which direction they'll take next.

farmday0123
03-07-16, 01:51 PM
They will not remove dragon like virtue, water n magic because that the basic colors for new players, if u don't have it you can not breed other hybrids , i wish they remove more type of purple n blue so i can get little easier to get dark angel,, still trying, been over year.. May give up ỏne day

freshfunin2008
03-08-16, 03:50 PM
was this suppose to happen already. I am still waiting for better breeding. LOL

Feenfunke
03-15-16, 09:17 AM
I am quite new at this game and have seen here that the Fairy Dragon isn't still available. But one of my challenges is to hatch a Fairy Dragon. How can i accomplish this challenge? Or - if i can't: why will this challenge not been exchanged by another challenge? Or will i still have a chance to breed Fairy? It is very complicated for a newbie. Are there more challenges that a newbie can't accomplish? I don't want to try and try and try to breed without any change of success.

Niire
03-15-16, 09:43 AM
From what FlatFoot, designer of dragons, said when I asked after the quest, they'll be getting rid of that quest...or it should have already been gotten rid of when the fairy was removed.

Feenfunke
03-15-16, 11:52 AM
From what FlatFoot, designer of dragons, said when I asked after the quest, they'll be getting rid of that quest...or it should have already been gotten rid of when the fairy was removed.

Thank you for your answer, Niire. The quest is still active but i guess that it will be removed soon.

tengoambre123
03-17-16, 07:01 AM
love this idea! hoping that one day Mist is added to the list. It seems that no matter which dragons i put together, Mist is ALWAYS the outcome smh. other than that, love this idea

Sandybellee
03-17-16, 07:06 AM
I doubt the number of commons is going to be reduced but I would at least like for all the current commons to be retired and replaced by new ones (with reasonable timers!). That would be a nice breath of fresh air at least for a little while.

AnglChk507
03-19-16, 12:27 PM
I doubt the number of commons is going to be reduced but I would at least like for all the current commons to be retired and replaced by new ones (with reasonable timers!). That would be a nice breath of fresh air at least for a little while.

I completely agree with all thr fruitfuls i get i wouldve much perfered getting rid of that guy then fairy.. And luck as well

KPlays05
03-22-16, 05:21 PM
I hope they come back as limited editions, especially for new players (I'm a come-back). I would've rather kept Fairy and gotten rid of Fruitful...

random59
04-07-16, 11:59 AM
I just bred an Oracle Dragon, this would be the 1st dragon I have been lucky enough to breed from goal list in probably 4 months! It will probably take me 6 months to breed the next, breeding is not better since the removal of some dragons. This is probably only the 3rd dragon I have bred all year, not cool!

freshfunin2008
04-07-16, 01:13 PM
I agree breeding is not any better. I got a gold which was new, Prime loyal I think, and mischief in the last month. Other then that just a bunch of the same old dragons over and over again.

amalsaba
04-07-16, 03:06 PM
Ive bred beaded, fortune teller, regrowth, daisy(by accident, already have one), clown(also by accident, I already have one), 2 kites (while trying for henna) . And i have chameleon breeding as well (on second try only). This is all in the last 2 weeks or less. There could be more new dragons that I don't remember.

Hawk1
04-07-16, 03:58 PM
Ive bred beaded, fortune teller, regrowth, daisy(by accident, already have one), clown(also by accident, I already have one), 2 kites (while trying for henna) . And i have chameleon breeding as well (on second try only). This is all in the last 2 weeks or less. There could be more new dragons that I don't remember.
You're lucky, I've bred nothing that I didn't have in weeks. Mist, Mist, Firstorm, Music blah blah blah my island is unlucky when breeding is involved, free boosted breeding gets me nothing but commons. It gets old watching people breed new limited dragons and it doesn't happen on my island. Last "new" dragon I bred was Spicy and the one before that was Hot Chocolate, not one Halloween, Christmas, New Year or anything else. Happy for you, sad for me.

synasuga
04-08-16, 05:50 AM
This may be off topic but is there a list of all dragons ever releaseed?

freshfunin2008
04-08-16, 09:58 AM
Thank you for your answer, Niire. The quest is still active but i guess that it will be removed soon.

True they removed the dragon but for those who still have the dragon I think the quest may stay until something new comes out. Just look at the Comet quests. lol

kooky panda
04-08-16, 12:10 PM
This may be off topic but is there a list of all dragons ever releaseed?

See post 8

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?41090-Dragon-Story-Game-Guide&p=590677&viewfull=1#post590677

Atlantis536
04-22-16, 04:21 AM
Thank you! Just remove Island and Magic and it's perfect!

Lurker2
04-22-16, 04:51 AM
Thank you! Just remove Island and Magic and it's perfect!

Remove Magic and lower-level players will have to wait to breed purple hybrids. The only other single color purple dragon is Peacock which is super rare.

TwiWoods
04-22-16, 07:29 AM
I don't think they removed Fairy. It is still in the market.

Hepatu
04-26-16, 08:53 PM
I thought fairy was removed.
I just bred one with my mini

lady_saphira
04-29-16, 12:19 PM
I just bred a fairy the other day as well...

Lurker2
04-29-16, 12:27 PM
I don't think they removed Fairy. It is still in the market.

It was gone for a while. It seems to be the only one they brought back so far.

amerirish
04-29-16, 12:38 PM
I wish they would remove Coral, Mist & Sunrise

Niire
05-01-16, 04:27 AM
I firmly believe that commons, since they are common, should have timers 12 hrs or less. This would actually help immensely with giving us better breeding, we'd have more time to breed then. :)

mayday2001
05-11-16, 02:35 PM

I just bred one also. So obviously not removed.

freshfunin2008
05-11-16, 02:46 PM
I firmly believe that commons, since they are common, should have timers 12 hrs or less. This would actually help immensely with giving us better breeding, we'd have more time to breed then. :)

I think they should be 6 hours or less

blackeneddove
05-12-16, 06:32 AM
I wish they would take that Wizard away. I get more wizard fails than just about anything while trying for good stuff lol

mbyte68
05-12-16, 05:17 PM
corel , night , sunrise need to go also :D thats all i been breeding lasts 2 weeks :/

raygill1
05-12-16, 05:21 PM
Please take charm away that has to be my most common fail (so many wasted 16 hours). I've Been trying to bred Titanic and admiral for ages! Also island, I have too many of them too, I manage to get hollogram before he was removed, and I also bred fairy last week (whoop whoop)!

mbyte68
05-12-16, 05:24 PM
Please take charm away that has to be my most common fail (so many wasted 16 hours). I've Been trying to bred Titanic and admiral for ages! Also island, I have too many of them too, I manage to get hollogram before he was removed, and I also bred fairy last week (whoop whoop)!

16hour fail is that all try 23 and 24 hours :/

mbyte68
05-12-16, 05:30 PM
next blue/purple or white/yellow they release can forget it , not even gonna try bother anymore when theses combo type are released , sick of the same LARGE fails for weeks on end :/

raygill1
05-12-16, 05:49 PM
16hour fail is that all try 23 and 24 hours :/

Point taken, I bet your evolution temple has a cracking que!

mbyte68
05-12-16, 07:27 PM
Point taken, I bet your evolution temple has a cracking que!

yep got lots of night to evolve and trade in :D

freshfunin2008
05-13-16, 08:32 AM
I am still waiting for better breeding. Not seeing it yet. same old fails over and over again

mbyte68
05-13-16, 10:27 AM
yh even if they make it so both dragons must be lvl15 and actually then give use better crop choices in the farm or a small break from tales so we can actually get chance to make food to get them to 15 :)

MaribouMay
05-13-16, 10:49 AM
I am still waiting for better breeding. Not seeing it yet. same old fails over and over again

Yes. Seems like a bit of false advertising. Perhaps they should have sold it as retiring certain dragons. Better breeding won't come unless they remove common dragons and we know that won't happen.

random59
05-13-16, 12:44 PM
I am definitely having so much more luck in breeding common dragons now, totally awesome thanks! Charms, Water, Coral's, are just flooding my game, feel so blessed!

BeSweet247
05-13-16, 01:01 PM
Maybe if when breeding Level 15 parents, the common type dragons could be removed from the gene pool? These guys are old enough that maybe they know what they are doing in the den or are rich enough for selective breeding at the dino doctor.

ksmith1963
05-13-16, 08:22 PM
Well something needs to be done. I'm about to give up breeding altogether. I have been unable to breed any of the new dragons released for about a year now 😟 the only way I get anything new is from battle tournaments, dragon tales and on a rare occasion with the spins.

DragonPhoenix6
05-15-16, 10:49 AM
I thought that Fairy was going to take a break but I just bred one!!! :confused:

DragonPhoenix6
05-15-16, 10:50 AM
Hi Flatfoot,
I thought that Fairy was going to take a break but I just bred one!!! :confused:

Niire
05-15-16, 10:54 AM
Yuh, my sister bred one trying to breed the wildflower dragon, lol. She didn't have a fairy so she was jumping up and down. :)

hiabarara
05-15-16, 10:55 AM
Hi Flatfoot,

Same. Just bred a Fairy. I thought these dragons would be gone for quite some time.

DragonPhoenix6
05-15-16, 12:43 PM
That's really weird!
I was trying to breed a Wildflower dragon...
I already had a Fairy so a waste of time for me...

kooky panda
05-16-16, 01:48 PM
I did check on this and the Fairy Dragon was put back into the game awhile ago because of needed quests.

Niire
05-16-16, 02:02 PM
Fairy is one I did not think should have gone, so I am glad to hear this! She's so pretty. :)

kooky panda
05-16-16, 02:09 PM
She is one of my favorites! :)

DragonPhoenix6
05-17-16, 12:27 PM
I did check on this and the Fairy Dragon was put back into the game awhile ago because of needed quests.
Cool, thanks for the info, not too bad as I can trade her and craft a spell scroll (still need a few of those to craft the remaining gemstone hybrids)

zyfazix
05-17-16, 01:13 PM

Thanks for the check Kooky, but what about the initial plan in Flatfoot's post? Did those plans change or are they still in development?

kooky panda
05-17-16, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the check Kooky, but what about the initial plan in Flatfoot's post? Did those plans change or are they still in development?

I am pretty sure the new things will be coming later, but I am thinking they went ahead and put the Fairy back in until the new things are ready!

jaymieb2
05-22-16, 02:00 PM
Sigh. Wish they would change out the quest. Just bred ANOTHER fairy. Didn't know it was back. Thought it was a glitch. :-(

kooky panda
05-22-16, 03:26 PM
Sigh. Wish they would change out the quest. Just bred ANOTHER fairy. Didn't know it was back. Thought it was a glitch. :-(
Sorry but they had to leave the Fairy Dragon in the game for now due to the quests that require this dragon.