PDA

View Full Version : BS2: Secret Club Orders - Need DISCARD Button

VanaCatu
02-19-16, 10:55 PM
Dear Developers!

We understand that this is not programming bug or issue, so I post it here.

However, the impossibility to discard/refresh uncompletable "Specials" WILL become a serious issue very soon, because many players will have to stop levelling-up in order to minimize the risk to get more and more unlearnt recipes in "Specials".
Stop levelling-up means actually stop playing, which is not really we all tend to...

We kindly ask you to look into this matter and let us have a "Discard" or "Refresh" option.
I am sure any player would rather agree to wait upto one hour for another bunch of orders, than to wait 22 hours looking at unlearnt recipe just to get next bunch with the same recipe - and waist another 22 hrs.

Since the higher levels require more and more coins to learn recipes, the players will have to forget about this Secret Club for months, until they learn all recipes and can complete any order.

Thank you in advance for your understanding that we wanna use all in-game features and not to choose between them! :)

For more details of problems we faced, please check these threads:
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89158-Secret-Bakers-Club-Feb-17-2016
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89202-BAKERY-STORY-2-Secret-Club

CammoAmmo
02-20-16, 05:08 AM
Thank you for such a good explanation! Yes, I would even be willing to wait another 4 hours to refresh a set if it means I will be able to complete it. Another idea is that instead of giving us unlearnt recipes, simply program it so that the game does not ask for those recipes in the secret baker's club. Please look into this idea soon! I am absolutely stuck with my orders!

bobbyrae
02-20-16, 06:07 AM
Agreed.

cosmolife
02-20-16, 06:29 AM
Uh oh. My turn to get Apple cider, which I haven't learnt yet :(

Now it's 26 hours waiting for the next order....4 hrs to refresh + 18 hrs + 4 hrs refresh = 26 hrs till I can get a key :(

CammoAmmo
02-20-16, 12:47 PM
So I was thinking... they could make it so that you can only refresh individual items and the timer would continue while it refreshed. So say you refresh an order and it takes 4-6 hrs (around that much would be fair), by the time you get the new one your countdown has decreased to 14-12 hours so you are punished for refreshing. In addition, while it refreshes it does not tell you what is coming up so you can not prepare it in advance.

shelbidee
02-20-16, 01:44 PM
I also think it would be possible to just program the game so the recipes selected are only recipes that have been unlocked by you.

bobbyrae
02-20-16, 01:47 PM
So I was thinking... they could make it so that you can only refresh individual items and the timer would continue while it refreshed. So say you refresh an order and it takes 4-6 hrs (around that much would be fair), by the time you get the new one your countdown has decreased to 14-12 hours so you are punished for refreshing. In addition, while it refreshes it does not tell you what is coming up so you can not prepare it in advance.
Of course we'd have a problem if after the refresh we still got a recipe we had not yet unlocked...again...:rolleyes: It happens in RS2 cruise events.

phatzs
02-20-16, 03:12 PM

I was thinking the same thing, refresh per item only but only a short amount of time before a new item shows up like 10mins just like a to go order.

Also it would be cool if we could exchange keys for a better key. For example if you have so many bronze keys, you could exchange it for a silver key etc.

I'm gonna assume you will need a key each time you want to make one of these recipes.

VanaCatu
02-20-16, 03:18 PM
Another idea is that instead of giving us unlearnt recipes, simply program it so that the game does not ask for those recipes in the secret baker's club.

I also think it would be possible to just program the game so the recipes selected are only recipes that have been unlocked by you.
as i said before (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89202-BAKERY-STORY-2-Secret-Club&p=1252739&viewfull=1#post1252739), this kind of linkage is probably not so easy.
of course i have no idea about recent programming for tabletts, but out of what i learnt one century ago (lol), in general proramming - personalization is one of the hardest things to implement.
- one thing is to tie some feature to the level,
- and completely other thing is to tie this feature to EACH personal progress in this level...

========================================

they could make it so that you can only refresh individual items and the timer would continue while it refreshed...

Of course we'd have a problem if after the refresh we still got a recipe we had not yet unlocked...again... It happens in RS2 cruise events.
this one sounds brilliant for now!
i dropped that game coz cruises made me nervous too much, so i completely forgot about that system!
we just need 6 refresh buttons!
one per each slot.
refreshes in 0.5 ... 1 hour.
no preview.
but hey! we can get what we need finally!
without any pain like "universe doesn't love me" :)

well, i believe our developers will find some balance and do this buttons for us in appropriate realization!
(because, again: cruises in rs2 - are strictly limited things.
here, for secret club, we actually have no special time limits where we can loose some opportunity forever...)

LHbaker8
02-21-16, 07:52 AM
You're right, personalization is hard. But I suspect somewhere in the app code there is a property
which identifies each recipe as unlocked or locked. (Something that governs how that recipe displays in appliance for example). They should be able to program SBC to only choose from recipes that have that property = unlocked, if they want to.

They are already doing some filtering by recipe properties per user account, I think, since they aren't assigning recipes outside of a user's game level, I don't think.

CammoAmmo
02-21-16, 08:12 AM
We cannot ask them go give us a short refresh time because that just makes it absolutely free to refresh anything and doesn't make this challenging anymore. It has to be several hours so that people cannot keep refreshing until they get all 2 minute recipes.

shelbidee
02-21-16, 10:14 AM
It would be nice to hear some feedback from the developers if this is something they are looking in to, or if it is something that they will not be touching.

I am now on my second wait for unlearned recipes.

bobbyrae
02-21-16, 01:08 PM
It would be nice to hear some feedback from the developers if this is something they are looking in to, or if it is something that they will not be touching.

I am now on my second wait for unlearned recipes.

i'm on my second day too. Sigh.

sally_brown
02-21-16, 04:51 PM
We cannot ask them go give us a short refresh time because that just makes it absolutely free to refresh anything and doesn't make this challenging anymore. It has to be several hours so that people cannot keep refreshing until they get all 2 minute recipes.I'm of the opinion that it should be a shorter refresh time, but I think this is a good point. Maybe is should cost coins to refresh? (Not gems, please!) That way you can either choose to spend some of your hard-earned coins to get a different recipe, or wait the 18 hours. And if you want to keep refreshing until you get sugar cookies, then you'll have to spend more coins to do it.

CammoAmmo
02-21-16, 05:14 PM
I'm of the opinion that it should be a shorter refresh time, but I think this is a good point. Maybe is should cost coins to refresh? (Not gems, please!) That way you can either choose to spend some of your hard-earned coins to get a different recipe, or wait the 18 hours. And if you want to keep refreshing until you get sugar cookies, then you'll have to spend more coins to do it.

Also a good idea! We just need some sort of sacrifice so that the refresh button is balanced.

VanaCatu
02-22-16, 04:31 AM
But I suspect somewhere in the app code there is a property
which identifies each recipe as unlocked or locked. (Something that governs how that recipe displays in appliance for example).
this cd sound a good joke, lol ))) because exactly after this update some of us can see locked ingredients as unlocked in the stores (i'm not yet up to levels for brown sugar and dark chocolate, but i can see them from tie to time as if i could buy them).
so i guess they were trying to do something about locked/unlocked things, something needed for this update maybe... but as we can see it doesn't really work yet properly for some reasons (despite it DID work before)...

shelbidee
02-22-16, 10:18 AM
Day 3 of needing coconut vanilla latte. This is getting ridiculous.

cosmolife
02-22-16, 05:52 PM
we just need 6 refresh buttons!
one per each slot.
refreshes in 0.5 ... 1 hour.
no preview.
but hey! we can get what we need finally!
without any pain like "universe doesn't love me" :)

Um...no please. Not 6 refresh buttons :(

I mean, think of the potential gem traps :(

Each refresh button will have option to speed up wait time for gems. So 6 refresh buttons = 6 gem traps :(

I used to play FS2 and the train order had a screen like that. Omg! You have to be super duper careful where you put your finger, coz that screen is a HUGE gem traps lol

I'm leaning more towards discarding the whole order, then wait for some time before getting the next order. This prevents players from refreshing individual item/s to get quick, easy sugar cookies. And no gem traps with too many buttons on the screen

cosmolife
02-22-16, 05:58 PM
Day 3 of needing coconut vanilla latte. This is getting ridiculous.

I feel your pain. I'm also on day 3 of unlearnt recipes. The first 2 asked for Apple cider. Now it's asking for caramel apple. I haven't learnt both :(

I'm very very close to level 33. I'm dreading it because 33 unlocks the fryer...even more unlearnt recipes :(

shelbidee
02-22-16, 08:05 PM
So far (knock on wood) I have not got the peanut butter cake and I have the cake mixer unlocked however not bought. I don't know if this a coincidence or not but it looks like/seems like if you don't have the appliance it will not ask your you for that recipe. Now I could be way off so don't quote me on this but has anyone else had similar experience?

VanaCatu
02-22-16, 11:12 PM
So far (knock on wood) I have not got the peanut butter cake and I have the cake mixer unlocked however not bought. I don't know if this a coincidence or not but it looks like/seems like if you don't have the appliance it will not ask your you for that recipe. Now I could be way off so don't quote me on this but has anyone else had similar experience?
i think it's just luck :(

Chocolate Jelly Donut for me : no fryer, so can't learn the recipe.

my next order is asking for chocolate donuts, for which I don't have the appliance, don't have dark chocolate AND need to learn it.

Rynetory2
02-23-16, 06:09 AM
Good news Everyone! :D

Just an update on discarding the orders. Since there is no such feature at this moment, we have to wait our undoable orders out for now.

However the Bakery Story 2 team is interested in adding this feature! :D Great that we will have this feature in future. No dates given yet.

shelbidee
02-27-16, 05:56 PM
Would you be able to post if you find out a date?

kooky panda
02-27-16, 07:25 PM
If a discard button is added or if we find out when, someone will post!

matrixkitten
03-11-16, 04:24 PM
Adding my voice here in requesting a discard button.

If the Bakers Club is meant to be for end-game players who have learned every recipe, then don't make the club available for building until that happens. Otherwise, having built it and being unable to use it for many consecutive days is extremely frustrating.