PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes and slow (version 1.5)1.6 UPDATE Released

babysx1
02-17-16, 09:06 PM
Is anyone having trouble with game freezing or shutting down device when trying play. Only happening since this update

Rynetory2
02-18-16, 06:31 AM
Is anyone having trouble with game freezing or shutting down device when trying play. Only happening since this update

My game freezes several times while playing but it doesnt shut down my device as yours did. I wonder if it's our connection or the game itself.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Sabriiinax4
02-18-16, 06:44 AM
My game freezes several times while playing but it doesnt shut down my device as yours did. I wonder if it's our connection or the game itself.

My game shuts down several time after the update, but now it's working (I delete and install again the app) but when I cook or buy things, the game seems to be a little slower than before

Rynetory2
02-18-16, 06:48 AM
My game shuts down several time after the update, but now it's working (I delete and install again the app) but when I cook or buy things, the game seems to be a little slower than before

I reinstalled twice, it got better after the 2nd installation but it's coming back. :( I'm waiting to see if other members are having this issue too. Thanks for your feedback.

CammoAmmo
02-18-16, 07:21 AM
I reinstalled twice, it got better after the 2nd installation but it's coming back. :( I'm waiting to see if other members are having this issue too. Thanks for your feedback.

Having this issue too, and game is laggier but that's to be expected with such a big update. Hoping they'll smooth it out soon.

Rynetory2
02-18-16, 07:35 AM
Having this issue too, and game is laggier but that's to be expected with such a big update. Hoping they'll smooth it out soon.

Thanks. I've reported in to see if there's anything we can do on our end. :)

bobbyrae
02-18-16, 04:01 PM

I'm having this problem too. My game freezes and shuts off and goes really slowly the longer I play. I have deleted and reinstalled it as well and it hasn't helped.

kooky panda
02-18-16, 04:48 PM
I'm having this problem too. My game freezes and shuts off and goes really slowly the longer I play. I have deleted and reinstalled it as well and it hasn't helped.
I had issues this morning. (iPhone 6 plus). I force closed out all apps running in the background ( had 6 storm 8 games open) . I also deleted the valentine version from my phone.
No more freezing.

How to force close out your games (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS))

CammoAmmo
02-18-16, 05:10 PM
I have done all of those things, but sadly my Bakery Story still freezes and often crashes

bobbyrae
02-18-16, 05:22 PM
I had issues this morning. (iPhone 6 plus). I force closed out all apps running in the background ( had 6 storm 8 games open) . I also deleted the valentine version from my phone.
No more freezing.

How to force close out your games (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?61422-How-to-force-close-out-your-games-(IOS))

I deleted the valentine version when I got the update yesterday. But it didn't help.
The only thing that seems to help is to close every single app & browser running in the background. >.< And it only helps a bit. If I play for any length of time it starts to slow down and you see the bots hitching as they go along then it freezes. Very frustrating, especially since we can't play with the new shop on the valentine version. :(

Another thing is I keep seeing certain ingredients as unlocked when I know they're still locked for me since I haven't yet got to the level that unlocks them: brown sugar, raspberries and a chocolate thing.

CosmicTeapot
02-18-16, 06:06 PM
I deleted the valentine version when I got the update yesterday. But it didn't help.
The only thing that seems to help is to close every single app & browser running in the background. >.< And it only helps a bit. If I play for any length of time it starts to slow down and you see the bots hitching as they go along then it freezes. Very frustrating, especially since we can't play with the new shop on the valentine version. :(

Another thing is I keep seeing certain ingredients as unlocked when I know they're still locked for me since I haven't yet got to the level that unlocks them: brown sugar, raspberries and a chocolate thing.

Since the update I've had these problem as well. The game lags terribly (which never happened before) once in while so I have to close all apps and sometimes even restart my phone to fix the problem. I'm barely on level 21 and there higher level items that are unlocked... I can't buy them though :cool:

adorablerican
02-19-16, 06:07 AM
After this new update my game has been freezing once i put in my pass code to enter the game most of the time and also not getting notification when my orders are done for the special delivery. i have uninstalled it twice and updated my phone to the latest software. I play on my iPod touch 6th generation.

kooky panda
02-19-16, 11:04 AM
After this new update my game has been freezing once i put in my pass code to enter the game most of the time and also not getting notification when my orders are done for the special delivery. i have uninstalled it twice and updated my phone to the latest software. I play on my iPod touch 6th generation.
Try force closing out any applications you have running in the background. Also if you have the valentine version on you phone, force close it out.

luvspeanut
02-20-16, 01:05 PM
I'm still having that issue. I open the game and then it closes. I've deleted and reinstalled the game three times. I have no other apps open. I have the current iOS - 9.2.1

CammoAmmo
02-20-16, 01:41 PM
Another issue that is happening besides the black screen upon opening it that freezes and when it freezes while loading is that it will freeze and crash when I am already in game.

bobbyrae
02-20-16, 01:50 PM
For pretty much all of today I have not been able to get into the game because the opening screen won't go anywhere. It just freezes and stays there until I force close it.

Rynetory2
02-21-16, 12:12 AM
I'm still having this issue and reinstallation doesnt help with mine. Maybe you can try this and see if it helps with yours? It doesnt solve the issue but maybe it helps to improve things a little.

- restart device, modem and router if you are using wifi
- restart device, switch off/on carrier signal if you are using cellular

LHbaker8
02-21-16, 07:42 AM
I'm also having problems with black screens, freezes, crashes. No connectivity problems with other apps. Only since the upgrade with the Secret Bakers Club thing.

Just a guess but it seems like the app problem that previously caused the problem with the "you're not connected to the Internet" error screen when there was no problem with the Internet connection is now instead freezing the game, locking up the whole device (and our whole networks/routers apparently, if 'restart your router' is a recommended troubleshooting step). I haven't had the frequent "you're not connected " errors since this update ... Instead everything just hangs.

babysx1
02-22-16, 05:24 PM
5 days and still no fix
What is going on
Are they looking at this problem or they just don't care

laceylaine
02-22-16, 08:11 PM
I'm using version 1.5 for iOS and I just had my iPad restart while playing also. And another thing I noticed, my Christmas lights aren't twinkling anymore, and my Christmas tree has purple blocks instead of twinkling lights. (Yes it's way past December and I still have my Christmas tree out :p )
I'd post a pic, but it won't upload for me for some reason.

Rynetory2
02-23-16, 06:15 AM
Hey Everyone,

The team is still investigating this issue. Can you help to give some feedback on what specific actions you were doing when your game froze? This will greatly help their investigation. Thank you in advance for your help and feedback. Sorry that you are having these game issues once again. :(

DLL137
02-23-16, 01:26 PM
Like the title says..ever since the newest update at any point (2 minutes or 30 doesn't matter how long) when I am in the design tab the game will just crash and upon force closing and then at reentering all the changes (wallpaper, flooring, wall and floor decor) will be as it was before. It will also crash when I'm in the market and tabing between the stores :(

yummy_bistro
02-23-16, 06:57 PM

same here
every time will freeze and then I have to clear all apps in background and play , cannot even have 1 app in background

yummy_bistro
02-23-16, 07:01 PM
Hey Everyone,

The team is still investigating this issue. Can you help to give some feedback on what specific actions you were doing when your game froze? This will greatly help their investigation. Thank you in advance for your help and feedback. Sorry that you are having these game issues once again. :(

this regular version 1.5 is not smooth, it will not load after I don't leave the screen on and use another app. Then when I try to press the icon it will not load or it will do nothing. Then I have to clear all apps in background then it will show loading 1-99% (you know what I mean)

If I del this, as it say it will clear all game data, will it del my current lv and progress? Do I have to backup or anything?
thx

sadgame
02-23-16, 07:03 PM
Same here..... freeze, halt, crash, slow, suddenly refresh end up have to redo everything, shut down itself..... all happened after the update :( Try reinstalled, not helping at all. How can a game with no problem, suddenly become like this :(

sadgame
02-23-16, 07:06 PM
Hey Everyone,

Tried reinstalled, clear all app, logout login, reboot my device (iPhone 6s).......nothing help.....

angelikajessy
02-24-16, 04:16 AM
i have same problem after last update, nothing helps. can't play the game.

babysx1
02-24-16, 05:36 PM
Same problems as above still

Rynetory2
02-24-16, 06:03 PM
Can you all please help to let us know what specific actions you were doing before your game freezes or kicks out? Thank you very much. :)

I'm having issues with the regular version. So I'm using the Cupcake v1.4.6 to do the current event.
P.S. I'm trying this at my own risk of using an older version.

angelikajessy
02-25-16, 01:15 AM
everything was ok, then I downloaded Love & Cupcakes and played it for 2 weeks, last friday i have deleted Love & Cupcakes and opened the original version. i have noticed new content (Baker's Club Specials), BUT from the very beginning the game was freezing and when i was trying to cook something or buy it stops and shuts down. i'm playing from Russia, maybe the problem is with translated versions of the game???

CammoAmmo
02-25-16, 08:43 AM
Can you all please help to let us know what specific actions you were doing before your game freezes or kicks out? Thank you very much. :)

I'm having issues with the regular version. So I'm using the Cupcake v1.4.6 to do the current event.
P.S. I'm trying this at my own risk of using an older version.

There's no specific thing that we're doing, the game just freezes upon opening the app and then crashes or is frozen until you force close. It also freezes when you lock your screen while in bakery story and then turn your phone back on. I think the game is just overloaded with data.

cosmolife
02-25-16, 02:58 PM
My game sometimes doesn't even load. The loading screen comes on for a few, then crashes. When I try to open game again, it loads but I get no coins notification that I've earned so and so many coins while I was away.

I also get game freezing in the middle of playing. I have to force close. And open game again.

This freezing happens infrequently, maybe once a day. The not loading and crashing on opening happens very frequently, a few times a day. I've tried to put up with it, but it's getting to the point of being annoying

I play on an iPad mini, latest iOS

Rynetory2
02-25-16, 07:59 PM
Thank you everyone for your input and feedback, much appreciated. :) I have passed them to the team for their ongoing investigations.

babysx1
02-28-16, 05:54 PM
As above - nothing specific
It freezes on opening screen and will not load game. Have to power off iPad and restart to get the game to load
It is becoming very frustrating

yummy_bistro
02-28-16, 07:04 PM
still have this issue
game freeze
cannot load

it happened 5-6 times per day -_-

hamergate
02-29-16, 12:30 AM
Same as above. Its quite frequent, probably a dozen times a day- generally every time I leave the app for any period of time, and return I have to force close.

Rynetory2
02-29-16, 06:33 AM
Same as above. Its quite frequent, probably a dozen times a day- generally every time I leave the app for any period of time, and return I have to force close.

It is recommended that we force close our game when we arent playing. Just to let you know that this thread deals with issues of game freezing while we are playing or entering the game, etc. Thanks for your feedback.

cosmolife
03-06-16, 11:32 PM
You guys have got to fix your game! Omg. It's so glitchy!

It now randomly crashes. I can be buying stuff from the markets. Crash.
Place counters. Crash
Move tables chairs around. Crash
Cooking stuff. Crash
Using quick serves. Crash

On top of crashing, it also randomly freezes, with any kind of action.

This is the second time I re downloaded the game, hoping to fix all these problems. But nope.

Please fix the game. It's very glitchy. And the constant crashing, freezing...makes it annoying to play

I play on an iPad mini. Latest iOS

babysx1
03-09-16, 05:46 PM
Please fix getting worse especially with the new st Patrick's day update

kooky panda
03-10-16, 09:47 AM
If you guys on logged into facebook, try logging out to see if this helps with the crashing.

CammoAmmo
03-11-16, 09:14 AM
Tried logging out for a few hours. Fixed it for the first 30 mins and then it went back to normal

CammoAmmo
03-15-16, 03:15 PM
Is this being worked on? The game is freezing up even more now. It takes me anywhere from 5-15 minutes just to open the game because I have to keep force closing and reopening the app every time it freezes. In addition, my game freezes much more frequently while I am playing it as well.

Rynetory2
03-16-16, 05:38 AM
Sorry we dont have further updates for now. Will post when we do. Sorry about that. :(

tiggerstorm8
03-16-16, 06:24 PM
Yes I am having issues, just got the update and can't even get past the start up screen

tiggerstorm8
03-16-16, 06:47 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just downloaded and installed latest update 1.5 gets to about 75% sometimes 80% then shuts down

Rynetory2
03-16-16, 07:00 PM
Can you force shut all other apps and try again? I hope you'll get through. So sorry about this. :(

tiggerstorm8
03-16-16, 07:21 PM
Did that it now loads and shuts down seconds into the app

Rynetory2
03-16-16, 07:30 PM
I get the same problem too. Sometimes I can go in and other times just stuck at loading screen. I find that I can get in better if I don't enter game by the OK on the online error message. I **** that message and click on the BS2 icon.

Not sure what else you can do except perhaps give the following a try and see if they help.

- disconnect connection settings
- restart modem, router and device
- suggestion by Kooky

If you guys on logged into facebook, try logging out to see if this helps with the crashing.

tiggerstorm8
03-16-16, 09:10 PM
Tried that still no luck, but I do remember having similar issues with restaurant story 2 when I first got my iPad but after system update it was fine but at present iPad is up to date

Rynetory2
03-17-16, 06:34 AM
It is recommended that we use the latest software and game versions. Sorry that's not much we can do until more advise from the team. Will keep you guys poated when we have updates. Sorry about that. :(

Alasala
03-19-16, 02:12 PM
I'm on iOS 9.2.1 on iPhone 6S

This game is currently completely unplayable. 4 out of 5 times it just hangs on opening at the loading screen, and I have to force close it. Once the game actually loads, it freezes completely and I have to force close, or the game just crashes and restarts itself. I have version 1.5 (upgraded a couple of days ago). Love & Cupcakes 1.4.6 never had these issues.

babysx1
03-20-16, 07:43 PM
Totally agree. This has been happening for over a month now and I am totally frustrated with this

ministripes
03-22-16, 12:31 PM
yes. and it crashes as well, i ca't even open the appliance tab without the app closed down itself

tiggerstorm8
03-22-16, 07:19 PM
This is still happening to me , I can get in to the game and a few seconds later it crashes

nancydrew88
03-23-16, 12:10 AM
Me too. I get to play for like a minute, then it randomly freezes & I'll have to force close it. I'm on iPad 2 and the latest iOS.

angelikajessy
03-23-16, 02:06 AM
the problem still persists, can't play bakery story 2 from Feb, missed few events and very unhappy(((

tiggerstorm8
03-23-16, 03:59 AM
Just updated my iPad 2 with the latest software but that didn't help either still same problem

tiggerstorm8
03-23-16, 09:45 PM
Same here even with the latest update on my iPad Air 2 and latest update 9.3 still does the same thing

ginourmous
03-24-16, 07:43 AM
Getting very tired that the game is crashing constantly or freezing. Never did that when i started to play. I think its been happening for the past 30 or so. It's actually getting worse and not better!!! Please fix it!!!

DLL137
03-24-16, 11:47 AM
Since the big update a month ago with the inclusion of that mail delivery, key reward thing I haven't been able to open the main version of bs2 and have been playing from within the Valentine's Day edition...any time I try to open the main version it just crashes, I have deleted and reinstalled it several times and it doesn't help...

Is there any word from tech about this? Can a moderator please let us know..anything...?

Skeptacular
03-28-16, 02:24 PM
Is there still no update on this? It's been going on for almost a month and a half now.

tiggerstorm8
03-30-16, 04:10 PM
Still having same issue with game shutting down within in seconds of getting in

Rynetory2
03-31-16, 07:24 AM
Still having same issue with game shutting down within in seconds of getting in

Sorry about that! :( Are you able to play on Bakery Story 2: Love and Cupcakes version? It may work better for you.

tiggerstorm8
03-31-16, 07:49 PM
Sorry about that! :( Are you able to play on Bakery Story 2: Love and Cupcakes version? It may work better for you.
That's the game app I am using now and it has always worked fine thanks

Skeptacular
04-09-16, 07:46 AM
The Love and Cupcakes version doesn't have the secret bakers club, does it?

Rynetory2
04-09-16, 08:16 AM
The Love and Cupcakes version doesn't have the secret bakers club, does it?

Nope it doesn't.

annierob2004
04-13-16, 08:34 AM
Not only have I been having this problem occasionally since the latest update, it's been getting worse with every time I log into the game. Today was the final straw. It crashed my ipad utterly and it's taken me 4 hours to do a full system restore. In the meantime I tried loading the game on my iPhone instead and have been having the same issues. So it's either the app itself or a bug that has crept into my bakery. I think it's the app.

I can hardly buy anything much less add to or serve from the stoves. I have lost so much progress it's unbelievable. I've lost keys earned during the secret squirrel challenge and I doubt I'll get those back. I'm so disappointed as I was really enjoying it. It was keeping me company while recuperating from surgery and now it looks as if I should have "wasted" my time on something that wouldn't have spat back at me.

This app has got some serious flaws. It is definitely too expensive to expand and the expansion parts shouldn't take up space in the pantry like it does, but please fix the crashes as the first priority.

babysx1
04-18-16, 09:34 PM
Still waiting for a fix
So frustrated.

CinziaR94
04-20-16, 07:41 PM
Ever since the Cherry Blossom challenge the game keeps crashing. I've noticed that the graphics for the Cherry Blossom Ambassador challenge won't load, just blue dots spinning around and around trying to load and then the game crashes. Don't know if this is a known issue. All else is working fine.

Sorry tried to upload photo but upload fails.

SpiritWind00
04-20-16, 08:13 PM
Thanks, yes S8 have been advised of the swirly pics not loading. some players not experiencing this though. It doesn't stop normal game play though which is good.

CinziaR94
04-21-16, 12:25 AM
Thank you. Yes it does not affect game play. Thanks again.

Rynetory2
04-21-16, 05:42 AM
FYI game crashing on version 1.5 is a known issue. Game freezes and slow (version 1.5) (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89227-Game-freezes-and-slow-(version-1-5)). The team is aware of the issues that you have reported. Thank you for your feedback.

neoreef
04-23-16, 04:43 AM
Been playing since it launched only this year Bakery keeps crashing, mainly when a task is present, sometimes stays longer up than other times, however from today crashes permanently after loading after 10 seconds, there is no way I can now play the game., very frustated.

Playing on iPad app, updated IOS version

Rynetory2
04-23-16, 04:45 AM
Which game version are you playing on?

neoreef
04-23-16, 06:38 AM
Which game version are you playing on?

Version 1.5 bakery story 2
It's from today that it will no longer remain active and crashes every 10 seconds

Rynetory2
04-23-16, 07:16 AM
Please see this. You may want to try to play on Love and Cupcakes version instead and see if it's better for you.

FYI game crashing on version 1.5 is a known issue. Game freezes and slow (version 1.5) (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89227-Game-freezes-and-slow-(version-1-5)). The team is aware of the issues that you have reported. Thank you for your feedback.

Merged threads.

babysx1
04-24-16, 03:39 PM
Which game version are you using? Are you referring to version 1.5? Please continue to give your feedback in Game freezes and slow (version 1.5) (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89227-Game-freezes-and-slow-(version-1-5)) if so. Otherwise, please let us know which version you are having issues with. Thanks.

I am using version 1.5 and iOS 9.3.1
Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice
Game still crashes and cannot open appliance tab or the secret bakers club tab the game just closes

Rynetory2
04-25-16, 07:17 AM
I am using version 1.5 and iOS 9.3.1
Have uninstalled and reinstalled twice
Game still crashes and cannot open appliance tab or the secret bakers club tab the game just closes

I am experiencing this issue too. This is a known issue. You may like to consider trying Love and Cupcakes version in the mean time though there is no Secret Bakers' Club feature. I see that you have made several feedback as well. Thank you for your feedback.

Moved posts to Game freezing and slow (version 1.5) (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89227-Game-freezes-and-slow-(version-1-5))thread.

espie1975
04-28-16, 09:23 AM
I am experiencing this issue too. This is a known issue. You may like to consider trying Love and Cupcakes version in the mean time though there is no Secret Bakers' Club feature. I see that you have made several feedback as well. Thank you for your feedback.

Moved posts to Game freezing and slow (version 1.5) (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89227-Game-freezes-and-slow-(version-1-5))thread.

Any news when this issue will be fixed? I couldn't play even with the Valentine version coz the pantry is full and no images showing up to delete items. I contacted support two days ago and haven't heard from them.

kooky panda
04-28-16, 09:33 AM
No updates yet, but the team is aware of the issues and are working on it.

babysx1
04-30-16, 10:37 PM
No updates yet, but the team is aware of the issues and are working on it.

This problem has got worse
I cannot open appliance tab r secret bakers tab
When will they fix all these problems

kooky panda
05-01-16, 09:20 AM
This problem has got worse
I cannot open appliance tab r secret bakers tab
When will they fix all these problems
Hopefully soon!
Try going under settings-safari and clear out data, then restart your device to see if this helps.

babysx1
05-02-16, 05:22 PM
Hopefully soon!
Try going under settings-safari and clear out data, then restart your device to see if this helps.

I have done all that 2 or 3 times reinstalled also nothing fixes it
I have 26 silver keys that I can't do anything with, cannot buy new appliances.
Game is very quickly becoming unplayable
My first post on this issue was over 2 months ago and nothing has been fixed it has only gotten worse

annierob2004
05-03-16, 01:56 PM
I managed after a lot of persistence to get into the game and deleted the Japanese Macha and cream which took me below max capacity so I could play the cupcake version at least. It's a nuisance having to set stoves in cupcake mode then serve in the later version but at least it's working. I also couldn't delete items from the pantry in cupcake version so this was the only way I could get restarted.

kooky panda
05-04-16, 06:58 PM
New version update out today for the regular game. iOS version 1.6

Please update your game.

tiggerstorm8
05-14-16, 03:53 PM
Yes I am still having the same issues as I did with version 1.5 after installing it crashes if I can get into the game