PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 2/19 Update (iOS Only) - Ivy's Petting Zoo Event | EXPIRED

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

SpiritWind00
02-18-16, 01:17 PM
if your game glitches after you have collected from the market places and takes you back to visiting community players, please send me a PM (and post here as well). You do not need to use gems to redo this part. I can help you with this issue. Thanks.

Ivy's Petting Zoo

[==Update requires app update to Version 1.4 on iOS, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 2/19. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 2/22.==]
Once you start the event, you will have 10 days to complete it.
You can start the event any time between today and 2/22.
If you have not manually started the event by 2/22, the game will start the event for you. You will have 10 days from 2/22 to complete the event.

Tips from players (and me!)
1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).
5. LOWER LEVELED PLAYERS (<25) HAVE LESS REQUIREMENTS. THEY ARE AT THE END OF THIS POST.

​Building Requirements:
Ivy's Petting Zoo (limited time event goal, level 15+) (2x2) limit 2 Cannot be sold
Info: A fun place for the kingdom's children to meet and learn about young farm animals!
Collection time: 22 hours
Speed up: 44 gems
Drops: reported drops so far: water, wheat, wool, pile of seeds, fertiliser,
Cost: 500 coin to purchase
Build/Level 1: 25 wood, 25 stone, 75 Fresh Hay | 50 coin /1 day
Level 2: 20 water, 5 simple glue, 10 white planks | 100 coin / 1 day
Level 3: 5 super glue, 10 white planks, 130 fresh hay | 150 coin / 1 day
Level 4: 75 living wood, 5 stone block, 10 animal food, 25,000 coins | 250 coin / 1 day
Level 5: 20 milk, 10 stone block, 15 animal feed and 50,000 coins | 350 coin / 1 day

** The gift for completing this storybook is another level 5 petting zoo. You will find this in your inventory once you get the ingame popup saying you've completed the event.**

Chapter 1 goal information: Man, we sure do have a ton of animals! Unfortunately, not all of them can be of much use on our farms. Still, there's gotta be some way for them to be a bigger part of our kingdom. Why don't we ask around for ideas? Between that and caring for the animals, we're sure to think of something!

Chapter 1:
Goal 1 Visit 10 cottages (skip 100g)
Goal 2 Visit 10 Kingdoms (skip 100g)
Goal 3 Collect from 10 horses (skip 100g)

Tips:
* Hay is now unlocked for you to start collecting. It is not the reward for finishing this goal, ie, you won't find any in your inventory.
* You need to visit community members for goal 2.

Chapter 2 goal information: I got it! Let's build a Petting Zoo! That way, the younger animals can help bring cheer to the kingdom's children, and help teach them about caring for animals. I bet that's make lots of the kingdom's families real happy! To start things off, we'll need to collect some Fresh Hay. We can find some from Farmhouses, Stables, Hatcheries, and Wheat crops!

Chapter 2:
Goal 1 Find 10 Fresh Hay (skip 50g)
Goal 2 Purchase the Petting Zoo (500 coin) (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")
Goal 3 Have a Level 1 Petting Zoo - [25 wood, 25 stone, 75 Fresh Hay] (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")

Tips:
* Hay comes from stables, hatcheries, farmhouses and harvesting wheat
* when waiting for Chapter 2, farmhouses, stables and hatcheries drop hay. Collected 10X and picked up 6 fresh hay so far.
* Farmhouses don't have to be level 5 to drop hay.
* ones you collect before goal 1 is available do not count toward your 10 hay, however, they can be used to build the zoo as you need 75.
* 3 drops from each stable and hatchery. 0-2 from farmhouses.
* Hay is 5 gems each
* ~~~~once you upgrade the zoo, hay will stop dropping until it's needed again in Chapter 4~~~~ MAX HERE IF YOU CAN!!!!

Chapter 3 goal information: What a wonderful proposition! It is going to be a lot of work getting a Petting Zoo up and running, though. Are you up to the challenge, Young Ruler? Before we get much further, we should plan the enclosure that will hold our Petting Zoo's animals. The first step will be deciding on the right colour for the enclosure! Something bright and easy to spot, perhaps?

Chapter 3:
Goal 1 Buy 10 Iceland poppy patches (you must purchase new ones) (skip 10g)
Goal 2 Gather 10 White Petals (skip 10g)
Goal 3 Make 10 white Dye (skip 50g)

Tips:
* you have to buy new poppies.
* white dye is 2 white petals, 2 water. Potion Shop - 1 hour each.
* some players having problems with the poppies not registering. Force close your game and visit a neighbour to sync your game. It will register, you may need to buy a couple more.
* if you are maxed on white petals, goal 2 can still be done. You will receive the black bar max message, but the goal will complete once you collect 10 petals.

Chapter 4 goal information: An excellent choice, Young Ruler! White will stand out very nicely against the animals! While you were working on the dye, I drew up these plans for the enclosure. I hope you will find them sufficient? I propose we make the enclosure with wood planks in the layout shown here, on scroll K364. Shall we begin with the foundation?

Chapter 4:
Goal 1 Chop down 5 Trees (skip 50g)
Goal 2 Make 5 White Planks (skip 50g)
Goal 3 Have a Level 2 Petting Zoo - [20 water, 10 simple glue, 10 white planks] (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")

Tips:
* Trees - you can partial chop to save time if you want. Dead trees also work.
* some players having problems with the trees not registering when chopped. Force close your game and they will register.
* White planks are 2 white inks, 2 wooden beams. Workshop - 1 hour each.
* Maximum number of planks in inventory is 10.
* Just make sure you don't have more than 5 planks in your inventory by the end of chapter 4 because we need to make 5 more in chapter 6 and can't use up any extra ones there.

REGULARLY ASKED QUESTION:
Game says my inventory of white planks is full, yes it says I have 10, but challenge says I still need to make 1. Have force closed, left game open, shut down tablet, but nothing changes. I'm on chapter 4 and can't finish it. Help please!

ANS: Go to your zoo and upgrade to use 10 planks and then you can finish the storybook goal & craft the last ones.

Chapter 5 goal information: We're almost ready to start gathering the animals! Before we do, though, we need to make sure we'll have ample space for them to live when they're not in the Petting Zoo. Let's make sure our Farmhouses, Stables, and Hatcheries are up to speed. Remember to collect some Fresh Hay when you visit them!

Chapter 5:
Goal 1 Have 3 Level 5 Farmhouses (skip 150g)
Goal 2 Have 2 Level 5 Stables (skip 100g)
Goal 3 Have 2 Level 5 Hatcheries (skip 100g)

Tips:
* These 3 goals will auto complete if you already have these items at the required levels already.

Chapter 6 goal information: Our farmers have be*** to get the Petting Zoo's animals settled into their new accommodations! It is time at last for us to get our enclosure built. This task will call for more White Planks and Fresh Hay. I suggest we additionally enlist the expertise of our farmers and stablemen! Perhaps if we assist them by providing some animal-based goods, they will lend a hand with construction?

Chapter 6:
Goal 1 Give 15 Rope (skip 60g)
Goal 2 Make 5 White Planks (skip 50g)
Goal 3 Have a Level 3 Petting Zoo - [5 super glue, 10 white planks, 130 fresh hay] (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")

Tips:
* White planks are 2 white inks, 2 wooden beams. Workshop - 1 hour each.
* You can make the rope ahead of time.

Yay I was able to get fresh hay souvenirs :D I upgraded my petting zoo in chapter 6 before the actual goal 3 to upgrade the zoo, now I have 2 white planks in the workshops and I'm able to collect hay till they are done woohoo!!!!

How to hoard hay
For this ,you have to max on planks before the 'make 5 planks' in chapter 4
Then upgrade the zoo, and now you'll be able to make 6 more , goal 3 of ch 4 autocompletes
In chapter 6, after giving 15 rope , make 4 planks ( totally 10 in inventory) and upgrade the petting zoo. since goal 2 is to make 5 planks ,the option to craft it will still be available
Then make 2 more planks AND the ability to hoard as much hay as you want is available till you reach goal 3 !

Chapter 7 goal information: All this work sure is giving me an appetite! i bet the farmers and stablemen feel the same. Why don't we take a little break from construction? If we don't keep ourselves well-fed and energized, we could really mess up the Petting Zoo.

Chapter 7:
Goal 1 Have 20 fish (skip 80g)
Goal 2 Harvest 10 corn (skip 30g)
Goal 3 Harvest 5 Carrots (skip 20g)

Tips:
* 'have' means it comes from inventory.
* you have to harvest corn/carrots...ones in inventory don't count.
* plant your carrots ahead of time and wait for the goal before you harvest.
* make sure you have enough corn and carrots to make all of the animal food.
* Finishing chapter 7 doesn't reward you with animal food, it unlocks the recipe for it in the kitchen.

Chapter 8 goal information: We are not the only ones who must stay well-fed, Young Ruler! The Petting Zoo's animals will also need to be well-fed, if they are to remain active enough to play with the kingdom's children. Let us prepare some meals, both for the animals and for ourselves. The workers have said they will provide us with some more building materials in return for a filling feast!

Chapter 8:
Goal 1 Give 3 spicy feasts (skip 45g) Goal prize is 30 Living Wood!
Goal 2 Have 5 animal food in kitchens (skip 100g) goal updated from 'make' 5 to 'have' 5.
Goal 3 Have a Level 4 Petting Zoo - [75 living wood, 5 stone block, 10 animal food, 25,000 coins] (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")

Tips:
* you can prepare your feasts now if you want. They come from inventory.
* animal food can only be made in the kitchen.
* animal food is 5 corn 5 carrots and 3 fish each. Kitchen - 1 hour each.
* You can start making food as soon as you finish Chapter 7.
* Max on animal food was 15, but is now 25 with the change/fix to goal 2.
* DON'T make more 10 before this goal starts
* REPORT MADE TO STORM8 ON LIMIT PROBLEM OF ANIMAL FOOD. REFER TO THE TOP OF THIS POST...
* Goal 1 prize is 30 Living Wood!

Chapter 9 goal information: Hooray! We're so close to finishing the Petting Zoo! Aren't you excited? I think we got a bit overzealous with construction, though... The Petting Zoo can handle more animals than we've got! Luckily, the solution to this problem is pretty simple... More animals!!!

Chapter 9:
Goal 1 Raise 10 cows (black and white coin cows take 5 times to become an adult) (skip 100g)
Goal 2 Raise 10 pigs (black coin pigs take 12 times to become an adult) (skip 100g)
Goal 3 Buy 10 horses (skip 100g)
Goal prize is 5 or 10 animal food!
Tips:
* it has been confirmed that you can prepare for this goal. You must have at least 1 more feed left to save time.
* Do not buy the horses in advance! The goal says to buy them so previously purchased ones won't count.
* black pigs are coin purchase ones.
* NOTE: if you raise a baby pig or cow you taken out of your inventory (ie, not purchased one), be mindful they all have different feeding schedules.
* If you are having issues with your black pigs not growing up, force close your game. It takes 12 feeds in total to make a baby pig an adult. Guides all updated with the feeding times.
* Note: if you store any Animal while it's still a baby, the amount of times you need to collect will reset back to the beginning.

Extract from the Hub:
Gem Pig and Cows
20 Pink Pig - initial, then 5 pets every hour
120 Albino pig - initial, then 5 pets every hour
360 Royal pig - initial, then 5 pets every hour

40 White cow - initial, then 4 pets every half an hour
120 Black cow - initial, then 4 pets every half an hour
240 Royal cow - initial, then 4 every 30 mins then grows up and every 2 hours

Coin Pig and Cow

500 Cow - initial, then 4 pets every 3 minutes
12,000 Black pig - initial, then 11 pets every hour Confirmed that it takes 12 pets to grow into adult.

Chapter 10 goal information: Are you ready to at last open the Petting Zoo to the public, Young Ruler? I think it is about time we spread the word! let us pay our neighbors a visit, and spread the word in our kingdom's Market Place

Chapter 10:
Goal 1 Visit 20 Kingdoms (community members) (skip 200g)
Goal 2 Visit 2 Market Places (skip is 50g)
Goal 3 Have a Level 5 petting zoo - [20 milk, 10 stone block, 15 animal feed and 50,000 coins] (skip is 9999, which is just a way of saying "don't skip!")

Tips:

I've got some more info for the lower level players

Chapter 1
Goal 1: visit cottage 5x
Goal 2: visit kingdoms 5x
Goal 3: tend to cows 5x

Chapter 2
Goal 1: Collect 10 Fresh Hay
Goal 2: Place the petting zoo
Goal 3: Upgrade zoo

Chapter 3
Goal 1: Buy 10 Iceland poppy plants
Goal 2: Collect 10 white petals
Goal 3: Make 10 white dyes

Chapter 4
Goal 1: Chop 3 trees
Goal 2: Make 5 white planks
Goal 3: Upgrade zoo to level 2

Chapter 5
Goal 1: Have 1 Level 5 Farmhouse
Goal 2: Have 1 Level 5 Stable
Goal 3: Have 1 Level 5 Hatchery

Chapter 6
Goal 1: Give 30 wool
Goal 2: Make 5 white planks
Goal 3: Have a level 3 petting zoo

Chapter 7
Goal 1: Have 20 fish
Goal 2: Harvest 10 corn
Goal 3: Harvest 5 carrots

Chapter 8
Goal 1: Give 3 hearty feast
Goal 2: Have 5 animal food
Goal 3: Have a level 4 petting zoo

Chapter 9
Goal 1: Raise 5 chickens
Goal 2: Raise 5 cows
Goal 3: Raise 5 pigs

Chapter 10
Goal 1: Visit 10 kingdoms, community members
Goal 2: Visit 1 market place
Goal 3: have a level 5 petting zoo

* if you get the message you're at the maximum limit when trying to purchase an additional cottage or farmouse eg, you need more farmhouses (in chapter 5) or you need more cottages (in chapter 1), be mindful that there is a limit to how many town buildings you can have (in storage or on your board) which (currently) is 40 (and may be less for lower leveled players). You either have to sell another town building or skip the goal with gems.
* both farmhouses and cottages are classified as town buildings.

* Building requirements for cottages and farmhouses, stable and hatchery:
Cottage
Level 1 | 3 Stone Block, 3 Wood Beam
2 | 25 Stone, 25 Wood, 10 Hide
3 | 3 Stone Block, 2 Wood Beam, 5 Fur
4 | 2 Fancy Blocks, 2 Fancy Beams, 25 Hides, 10 Fur
5 | 4 Fancy Beam, 4 Fancy Block, 5 Yellow Dye, 20 Fur

Farmhouse
Level 1 | 10 Stone, 10 Wood
2 | 10 Stone, 10 Wood, 20 Milk
3 | 2 Wood Beam, 2 Stone Block, 25 Eggs
4 | 4 Wood Beam, 4 Stone Block, 20 Milk, 20 Eggs
5 | 3 Fancy Beam, , 3 Fancy Block , 30 Milk , 30 Eggs
Hatchery
Build Lv.1 : 9,300. 2 Simple Glue 3 stone block 3 wooden beam
Lv.2 : 20.000 coin. 5 stone block.5 wooden beam.30 Milk.
Lv.3 : 40,000 coin.3 fancy beam. 3 fancy block. 5 Noodle.
Lv.4 : 65,000 coin. 5 fancy beam. 5 fancy block. 1 Golden Egg
Lv.5 : 90,000 coin. 3 Golden Egg. 3 Royal Beam. 3 Royal Block
Stable
Build Lv.1 : 12,300 coin. 4 fancy beam. 4 fancy block. 3 super glue
Lv.2 : 25,000 coin. 2 fancy beam.2 fancy block. 50 corn
Lv.3 : 45.000 coin. 4fancy beam. 4 fancy block. 50 wheat
Lv.4 : 65,000 coin. 50 carrots. 2 royal beam. 2 royal block
Lv.5 : 90,000 coin. 50 cabbage. 4 royal beam. 4 royal block

SpiritWind00
02-18-16, 01:17 PM

Little update on the main attraction: (thank you ShibuyaCloth for these pictures!)
Materials:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50548.png_2v_31020.png
Fresh Hay
Info: A soft bed of hay perfect for animals to sit upon! Used to upgrade the Petting Zoo.
Type: Material
Source: Event
Requirements: 5 gems
Found: Farmhouse, Wheat, Stable, Hatchery
Used for: Petting Zoo
Events: Ivy's Petting Zoo - February 2016
Cap: 130
Link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89209
Comments: Farmhouse level 5 have a high chance to give 2 per harvest.

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50551.png_2v_31020.png
White Planks
Info: Sturdy, white boards. Used to upgrade the Petting Zoo.
Crafted in: Workshop
Requirements: 10 gems // 2 White Dye, 2 Wooden Beam
Used for: Petting Zoo
Timer: 60 minutes // 1 hour
Speed-up: 4 gems
Cap: 10 (11)

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50555.png_2v_31020.png
Animal Feed
Info: Delicious and nutritious feed for petting zoo animals! Used to upgrade the Patting Zoo.
Crafted in: Kitchen
Requirements: 5 Corn, 5 Carrots, 3 Fish
Cap: 25 (26)

Main attraction:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb450000.png_2v_31020.png
Petting Zoo L1
Info: A fun place for kingdom's children to meet and learn about young farm animals!
Type: Building
Size: 2x2
Requirements: 500 coins // 25 Wood, 25 Stone, 75 Fresh Hay
Drops: Coins
Timer: 1320 minutes // 22 hours
Speed-up: 44 gems
Cap: 2

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb450001.png_2v_31020.png
Petting Zoo L2
Info: A fun place for kingdom's children to meet and learn about young farm animals!
Requirements: 20 Water, 10 Simple Glue, 10 White Planks

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb450002.png_2v_31020.png
Petting Zoo L3
Requirements: 5 Super Glue, 10 White Planks, 130 Fresh Hay

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb450003.png_2v_31020.png
Petting Zoo L4
Requirements: 75 Living Wood, 5 Stone Block, 10 Animal Food, 25'000 Coins

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb450004.png_2v_31020.png
Petting Zoo L5
Requirements: 20 Milk, 10 Stone Block, 15 Animal Food, 50'000 Coins
Drops: Coins, Water, Wheat, Wool, Pile of Seeds, Fertiliser

sourp4tch
02-18-16, 06:44 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm really sorry for the huge delay this week, we unfortunately kept running into snags with the event :(

You all will still have the standard amount of time to complete the event! It'll just start tomorrow instead of today.

Sorry for the delay, and thank you all for your patience! I will update again and unlock this thread when the event is live.

sourp4tch
02-19-16, 01:02 PM
Ivy's Petting Zoo is now live!

Sorry for the delay in getting this out, and thank you everyone for your patience!

Hope you enjoy the event <3

irenelam84
02-19-16, 01:03 PM
D first goal
Visit cottages X10 times

justmine2
02-19-16, 01:05 PM
What does this zoo do? Is it a decoration?

figththefire
02-19-16, 01:06 PM
Than visit 10 kingdoms

Niire
02-19-16, 01:08 PM
Ohh no! I have been waiting for this one, and it's...IoS only? *goes to her corner and cries*

Sorry, wish I'd have known before my hopes got up, heh.

burritosprings
02-19-16, 01:09 PM

Resource building.. You get a second one if you finish in time. No,idea what it drops

meme1098
02-19-16, 01:09 PM

When I started the goal, it said it was a resource building. Dropping what is anybody's guess though.

vickyville14
02-19-16, 01:10 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm really sorry for the huge delay this week, we unfortunately kept running into snags with the event :(

You all will still have the standard amount of time to complete the event! It'll just start tomorrow instead of today.

Sorry for the delay, and thank you all for your patience! I will update again and unlock this thread when the event is live.

Just wanted to say thanks! This game and the attention the developers give to continuously update is very much appreciated. Delays can be frustrating but that is only because we love the game!

burritosprings
02-19-16, 01:11 PM
Than visit 10 kingdoms

Non friends

gilachaya
02-19-16, 01:12 PM
Step 3: Tend to 10 horses. Skip 100 gems.

gilachaya
02-19-16, 01:13 PM
Sorry Niire.

Ohh no! I have been waiting for this one, and it's...IoS only? *goes to her corner and cries*

meme1098
02-19-16, 01:14 PM
Step 3: Tend to 10 horses. Skip 100 gems.

Guess I gotta get more horses out. Geez. 10 this ...10 times that.

Sandybellee
02-19-16, 01:14 PM
Good luck, everyone! I'm going to wait a few days to get an idea of the requirements and prepare before starting.

Sandybellee
02-19-16, 01:15 PM

Oh no! I'm so sorry, Niire! :(

gilachaya
Guess I gotta get more horses out. Geez. 10 this ...10 times that.

Me too! I forgot to get the farmhouses and horses out.

AnniePMH
You get to place the building in the second chapter, I checked just to see if it worked, lol...:rolleyes:

catschrodinger
02-19-16, 01:17 PM
Is anyone else not getting this goal? I am playing on IOS and I just installed the latest update, and still nothing is showing up...

burritosprings
02-19-16, 01:18 PM
After step 3 collect hay while waiting for next chapter. Farm, hatch. Wheat stables

paisdelasmaravillas
02-19-16, 01:18 PM
Arg. Error. I visit my first 2 cottages before putting all that I have in my inventory.

aiyoosha
02-19-16, 01:19 PM
5 cottages? this is gonna take me forever. i only have 1 :(

Idwasid
02-19-16, 01:19 PM
How do I know the difference between what's coming up for IOS and Android? I have spent 3 days restocking resources getting ready for the petting zoo only to find out at the big moment that I don't get to play. I am beyond disappointed and don't want to get excited again about things that don't apply to me. Thank you for the clarification needed. I'm still a fan!

mymummy789
02-19-16, 01:20 PM
Is anyone else not getting this goal? I am playing on IOS and I just installed the latest update, and still nothing is showing up...

I had no pop up or anything, then noticed the goal badge thingy (sorry) on the right of my screen

88silver

I kind of figured it was another storybook style goal. But there was a part of me that was hoping that the delay was because they were working out the kinks on it to make it available for Android.

Now I have to go figure out what to do with the 248 energy I had saved up for this...

Wonkaland99
A day late and then yet again it's IOS only.!
It would have been polite to make this clear when this event was announced.

jaymieb2
02-19-16, 01:21 PM
This was posted on 1/29/2016
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28167&d=1454145186

Seriously, would it have been so hard to mention that it was for iOS when the original info came out? Or when there was a delay? I was all excited and kept checking the forum and the game for the update, only to find out that yet ANOTHER event is unavailable to those using android. I am actually upset, and am a laid back kind of person.

Please announce exclusive events when they post so we don't get all excited over something we can't have... :-(

JaymieB2

meme1098
02-19-16, 01:21 PM

It's a storybook goal, so look over on the right of your screen where bonus packs usually reside.

burritosprings
02-19-16, 01:22 PM

Badge right side. That says Begin. Click when ready

ShibuyaCloth
02-19-16, 01:23 PM
You get to place the building in the second chapter, I checked just to see if it worked, lol...:rolleyes:

You could not resist :p

Lunaticus
02-19-16, 01:24 PM
iOS onyl 😢😡

burritosprings
02-19-16, 01:24 PM
Frequency of hay dropping from wheat? Dont want to waste time planting if its only one hay every 20 wheat

AnniePMH
02-19-16, 01:25 PM
Chapter 2 goal 3 upgrade to lev 1

Atoia
02-19-16, 01:25 PM
Seriously?! Getting everybody exited and then Ios only?

How about some compensation for the android players..?

aiyoosha
02-19-16, 01:26 PM
i never get hey? what drops hey?

carebear8724
02-19-16, 01:28 PM
Than visit 10 kingdoms

Any info about what is after the second goal

justmine2
02-19-16, 01:28 PM
Farm house or cottage? I don't have them out and don't have a lot of room so just checking!

55lee55
02-19-16, 01:30 PM
Thanks for putting this online today and allowing us the same amount of time to finish. Yes, I would rather have it a day late than fight with bugs.

It might have been kinder had it been explained that an extra day delay in starting was going to be necessary, and that it was iOS only. Maybe if you could be a little more up front a little faster next time?

From our point of view it is frustrating to be left hanging without a word from S8. This would maybe be something to shoot for, yes?

Thanks.

meme1098
02-19-16, 01:30 PM
Any info about what is after the second goal

Someone mentioned 10 horses. Since they are 8 hr regeneration time, I got mine out now.

Farm house or cottage? I don't have them out and don't have a lot of room so just checking!

Cottages.

Niire
02-19-16, 01:32 PM
I'm not mad, normally I know ahead of time if it's IoS only. S'all good. :)

burritosprings
02-19-16, 01:35 PM
No hay from level 5 farmhouses

Nvm the Random Dragon is breathing fire again. Not a guaranteed drop

meme1098
02-19-16, 01:35 PM
I'm not mad, normally I know ahead of time if it's IoS only. S'all good. :)

You're very kind-hearted, Niire.

burritosprings
02-19-16, 01:37 PM
You're very kind-hearted, Niire.

I think its more with the rules that Google Play store has compared to rules of how an application is run under Apple

justmine2
02-19-16, 01:38 PM
Thank you meme ��

meme1098
02-19-16, 01:41 PM
I think its more with the rules that Google Play store has compared to rules of how an application is run under Apple

Ahhh, that makes sense I guess.

Thank you meme ��

You're welcome. Good luck!

AnniePMH
02-19-16, 01:42 PM
Chapter 2 goal 1 is collect 10 hay from stables and hatcheries (and from farmhouses, but it says to check stables and hatcheries). Goal 2 is just to place the building.

Steffihilson
02-19-16, 01:48 PM
I think it should've been clarified that this is iOS only. A lot of people got their hopes up for a new update, only to end up being disappointed. At least it could have been mentioned is the yesterday's post. I wouldn't check my game every ten minutes...

badbunny42
02-19-16, 01:50 PM
Chapter 2 goal 1 is collect 10 hay from stables and hatcheries (and from farmhouses, but it says to check stables and hatcheries). Goal 2 is just to place the building.

so not from planting wheat? And you CAN collect from farmhouse? Thank you!

burritosprings
02-19-16, 01:54 PM
Wheat also drops hay. Can anyone verify the ratio?

dragon2046
02-19-16, 01:57 PM
Chapter 3

Goal 1. Buy 10 Iceland poppy plants
Goal 2. Collect white petals from 10 plants
Goal 3. Make 10 white dyes. (2 white petals and 2 water)1 hour craft time

arikasi
02-19-16, 01:58 PM
So if we start the book tomorrow (after midnight tonight) how many days do we get to complete this?

Then someone said if we finish on time we can get a second zoo. How does this happen is it the prize, is it buyable gold or gems?

Ty.

burritosprings
02-19-16, 02:02 PM
Farmhouse lvl 5 drop + 2 once. Averging 3.5 hay collecting from 7 farmhouses

shannonwolf
02-19-16, 02:03 PM
Have you been able to start each new chapter without waiting?? Or have you spend gems to speed up?

mehershey
02-19-16, 02:04 PM
Chapter 3

Buy 10 Iceland poppy plants
Collect white petals from 10 plants
Make 10 white dyes. (2 white petals and 2 water)

Do we actually need to buy new plants and make new dye? I have plenty of both in my inventory; it sounds like they won't count for this goal.

burritosprings
02-19-16, 02:05 PM
So if we start the book tomorrow (after midnight tonight) how many days do we get to complete this?

Then someone said if we finish on time we can get a second zoo. How does this happen is it the prize, is it buyable gold or gems?

Ty.

Read first post in reagrd to stop and start. 2nd zoo will most likely be reward for completing with the 10 days

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-19-16, 02:05 PM
I've read thru this thread and the order of things is already getting confusing and convoluted, lol.

Have I gotten this right so far?? (And maybe it will help SpiritWind, too)
And each chapter has a day to complete, right?

Chapter 1 ~
Goal 1: visit cottage x10
Goal 2: visit kingdoms x10 (but not nbrs)
Goal 3: tend horses x10

Chapter 2 ~
Goal 1: Collect 10 Fresh Hay {from stables, hatcheries, farmhouses(?) and harvesting wheat(?)}
Goal 2: Place the petting zoo (need any materials or it's pre-built?)
Goal 3: Upgrade zoo (25 wood, 25 stone, 75 Fresh Hay)

Chapter 3 ~
Goal 2: Collect white petals from 10 plants
Goal 3: Make 10 white dyes. (2 white petals and 2 water...1-hr craft time?)

burritosprings
02-19-16, 02:06 PM
Do we actually need to buy new plants and make new dye? I have plenty of both in my inventory; it sounds like they won't count for this goal.

Assume that Buy and Make mean new items

badbunny42
02-19-16, 02:06 PM
Have you been able to start each new chapter without waiting?? Or have you spend gems to speed up?

Must spend gems to speed up. 20 to get to chap. 2

mehershey
02-19-16, 02:07 PM
Assume that Buy and Make mean new items

Thanks. That is what I figured, but I had a fleeting moment of hope. :)

AnniePMH
02-19-16, 02:08 PM
so not from planting wheat? And you CAN collect from farmhouse? Thank you!

Yes, random from farmhouses. I guess it drops from wheat as well, I just haven't harvested the wheat yet, lol:)

burritosprings
02-19-16, 02:09 PM

There is a cool down period. No need to speed up really. The next step will still be delayed accordingly

AnniePMH
02-19-16, 02:11 PM
I've read thru this thread and the order of things is already getting confusing and convoluted, lol.

Chapter 1 ~

Chapter 2 ~
Goal 1: Collect 10 Fresh Hay {from stables, hatcheries, farmhouses(?) and harvesting wheat(?)}

Chapter 3 ~

No materials to place the building, just 500 coins, Captain:)

burritosprings
Omg the servers are squealing like pigs.. Holy lag monster

dragon2046
NW. Yes it's 1 hour on the white dye.

dragon2046
02-19-16, 02:12 PM

What u have does not count with the white dye. I'm not sure if u have to buy poppys. I think it just stated place so maybe the ones in inventory do count. :)

aiyoosha
02-19-16, 02:13 PM
What u have does not count. :/

that sucks cuz i have like 20 of those

arikasi
02-19-16, 02:14 PM
(On the off chance) does hay also drop from the horse shed?

cyndora
02-19-16, 02:14 PM
i wonder what this petting zoo does?

maybe we can place all our chickens and cows in there, and click once and collect from all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!! space!!!!!!!!!!

burritosprings
02-19-16, 02:15 PM

As answered. You dont need to grow them just buy new ones. Have something that drops white petals out to get past this

burritosprings
02-19-16, 02:15 PM

Negative

AnniePMH
02-19-16, 02:16 PM

Most important: how many dyes can you craft??:confused::)

dragon2046
that sucks cuz i have like 20 of those
Sorry edited post. White dye has to be made. I don't know if poppys if place from
Storage count or not.

Wonkaland99
And to think I cleared a special space next to the orphanage for the children to ply with the animals. Not happy

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-19-16, 02:19 PM
No materials to place the building, just 500 coins, Captain:)

Thanks, you 2!

Folks, going forward, posting chapter# and goal# so we can keep everything straight would be AWESOME! :)

LOL!! ...one would think so, huh? Lol

88silver
02-19-16, 02:21 PM

I doubt that's the issue. That explains the different ways that "install this game, get this prize" goals are run, but it does not explain the lack of storybook goals for Android users. I know this because Restaurant Story 2 has storybook goals for both devices.

ShibuyaCloth
02-19-16, 02:23 PM
The final goal:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb450004.png_2v_31020.png
Petting Zoo L5
Requirements: ?
Drops: ?
Timer: ?

dragon2046
02-19-16, 02:27 PM
Most important: how many dyes can you craft??:confused::)

U can craft as many as your heart desires. :). Lol.
I completed the goal and the white dye is still there. Don't know for how long though.

beyondyonda
02-19-16, 02:32 PM
Fresh Hay drop rate for Hatchery (2 x lvl 5) & Stable (2 x lvl 5) were 3 and Farmhouse got 3 from 4 collections. 2 were lvl 5, 1 gave 2 the other gave 0. 2 were lvl 1, 1 gave 1 the other 0.

Sheeba8188
02-19-16, 02:33 PM
Oh well another let down from S8 with iOS only for petting zoo what a surprise, a little notice would be nice for android players save us getting our hopes up for events we can't even take part in so am i right in saying this is the third resource building we can't have after cabbage hut barons game tent and now the petting zoo? A fair bit if discrimination against us android players from S8 yet again looks like we will have to go back to what we were doing before we tjought we were getting the petting zoo that being trying to finish sister, sister goal.

Kazumi112
02-19-16, 02:36 PM
Hi! I understand our new quest is the zoo and we gotta visit 10 cottages,then the neighbors, but then what! My kingdom looks like yard sale as I got almost ALL my building etc out, to be sure I can do it before time limit is out. Can ppl pls help me show me a place or tell me what happens after visiting neighbors! Thanks! Have a great weekend! Xoxo Anne Kristine ;-) :)

burritosprings
02-19-16, 02:38 PM
Hi! I understand our new quest is the zoo and we gotta visit 10 cottages,then the neighbors, but then what! My kingdom looks like yard sale as I got almost ALL my building etc out, to be sure I can do it before time limit is out. Can ppl pls help me show me a place or tell me what happens after visiting neighbors! Thanks! Have a great weekend! Xoxo Anne Kristine ;-) :)

Untill it gets put on first page go up a few pages and there is a early guide of the early chapters.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?89209-Castle-Story-2-19-Update-(iOS-Only)-Ivy-s-Petting-Zoo&p=1252504&viewfull=1#post1252504

bawpotter
02-19-16, 02:41 PM
It would be great to see all of the goals on the first post, that way we can have an idea of what we need to have ready for the goals.

burritosprings
02-19-16, 02:43 PM
It would be great to see all of the goals on the first post, that way we can have an idea of what we need to have ready for the goals.

Goal just started. Be patient. SW lives on other side of world and if you understand the world is round you can figure out what time it is over there. Look link i psoted above. That should give you a good idea of early goals.

Seriously700
02-19-16, 02:47 PM
Hi! I understand our new quest is the zoo and we gotta visit 10 cottages,then the neighbors :)

You're supposed to visit community members, not neighbors

Blanche_Lady
02-19-16, 02:51 PM
Each update comes, less i want to play.

Android user here

Perry9877
02-19-16, 03:02 PM
Me too! I forgot to get the farmhouses and horses out.

I am also sorting through my storage bins. Hmmmm, I know those cottages and horses were here somewhere. . . .

Can I send my knights to explore my dark, ancient storage bin? LOL

Oof farmhouses also?

I know that buying white flowers when we are all millionaires is not financially impactful, but does anyone need more white flowers? It is always white, next time maybe blue or purple?

Moulin1
02-19-16, 03:02 PM
thank you so much for this NWK. Going on holiday on Mon with no wifi so only have till then to do this quest. with your help may get something even if I don't finish

SpiritWind00
02-19-16, 03:06 PM
I'm here now! I won't be able to update the first page for a little bit longer as I'm running out the door (it's 9am Saturday morning for me now). You have 24 hours to do each chapter. I'll add some help text on how these events work, but these ones are much less time intensive than the community events.

I shall return! :):):)

mreames
02-19-16, 03:06 PM
Before the confusion begins... it's not that you have one day to complete a chapter. It's that another chapter won't start until the next day. A person could take 5 days to do the first chapter.

Chapter 1 ~

Chapter 2 ~

Chapter 3 ~

mreames
02-19-16, 03:08 PM
Before the confusion begins... it's not that you have one day to complete a chapter. It's that another chapter won't start until the next day. A person could take 5 days to do the first chapter.

I'm here now! I won't be able to update the first page for a little bit longer as I'm running out the door (it's 9am Saturday morning for me now). You have 24 hours to do each chapter. I'll add some help text on how these events work, but these ones are much less time intensive than the community events.

I shall return! :):):)

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-19-16, 03:10 PM
You're welcome, Moulin1 ...and here's an updated repost til SW can jump in here to update post 1:

Chapter 1 ~
Goal 1: visit cottages x10

Chapter 2 ~
Goal 1: Collect 10 Fresh Hay (from stables, hatcheries, farmhouses and harvesting wheat)
Goal 2: Place the petting zoo ($500 coins, no materials needed)
Goal 3: Upgrade zoo to Lv 1 (25 wood, 25 stone, 75 Fresh Hay)

Chapter 3 ~
Goal 1: 10 Iceland poppy plants (still unclear if it's buy 10 new ones or if you can place 10 from your inventory)
Goal 3: Make 10 white dyes (2 white petals and 2 water...1-hr craft time, stays in potion shop after goal completion but unsure how long)

And...

(thanks, Zephr)

burritosprings
02-19-16, 03:16 PM
I take it we were gifted 12 hours. My timer shows 9 hours till start of Chapter 2

jdygmgi
02-19-16, 03:16 PM

So many many many thanks indeed mreames.

arikasi
02-19-16, 03:35 PM
I take it we were gifted 12 hours. My timer shows 9 hours till start of Chapter 2

Timer starts after midnight PST (S8 time) so whichever day you start the book you will only get the hours left in the first day until midnight pst. Days are measured from midnight to midnight PST and not based by the time the individual starts the quest.

So start it at the time of the update (noon pst) and you only have 12 hours in your first day of questing.

Last time I started it at 8pm pst, :rolleyes:, so only had 4 hours in my first day.

Good if you want to zip through in nine and a half days, bad if you are low level and need every minute. I plan to start mine in what is now 9.5 hrs time, to maximise the full day 1.

SpiritWind00
02-19-16, 03:50 PM
Ok, we are up to date in post 1. Thanks for all the posts - it has made it sooo much easier for me. You guys are the BEST!

OnlyOneRamoth
02-19-16, 03:58 PM
Thank you everyone for all the help. Thank you SpiritWind for awesome post #1.

ebenezermac
02-19-16, 03:58 PM
Oh well another let down from S8 with iOS only for petting zoo what a surprise, a little notice would be nice for android players save us getting our hopes up for events we can't even take part in so am i right in saying this is the third resource building we can't have after cabbage hut barons game tent and now the petting zoo? A fair bit if discrimination against us android players from S8 yet again looks like we will have to go back to what we were doing before we tjought we were getting the petting zoo that being trying to finish sister, sister goal.

Even more than that. There was the event that gave away sir Hamlet which I believe is basically like a second pigglesworth. Also that event gave away some cool stuff a truffle trough that drops truffels, something that drops apples, even a house for pigglesworth. My poor pigglesworth has to sleep on the ground. There was also an event that gave a cool sounding table recently and in that event iOS got one of the 2 saphirres for the troll token fountain. But it's cool we got in on the useless orphanage and the "essence" pool. I feel like I'm only getting to play half the game. And not the good half.

newzealander
02-19-16, 04:04 PM

Chapter 1 ~

Chapter 2 ~

Chapter 3 ~
Thanks so much for doing that, North, and to Spirit who always does a great job of formatting things for us to follow easily. I really appreciate the time it takes; catching up on the forum after a few hours or a day away is a daunting task!

shelby647
02-19-16, 04:23 PM
Don't worry! We will still LOVE and APPRECIATE the hard work you do to make our worlds FUN!!! Thank you! Hugs for all!

robotparade
02-19-16, 04:32 PM

Seems silly that it doesn't.

burritosprings
02-19-16, 05:00 PM
Timer starts after midnight PST (S8 time) so whichever day you start the book you will only get the hours left in the first day until midnight pst. Days are measured from midnight to midnight PST and not based by the time the individual starts the quest.

So start it at the time of the update (noon pst) and you only have 12 hours in your first day of questing.

Last time I started it at 8pm pst, :rolleyes:, so only had 4 hours in my first day.

Good if you want to zip through in nine and a half days, bad if you are low level and need every minute. I plan to start mine in what is now 9.5 hrs time, to maximise the full day 1.

They started it at 3pm EST in my world. I finished those pretty quick. So why is my timer next chapter start is like 8 hours at last check. ??

burritosprings
02-19-16, 05:02 PM
Seems silly that it doesn't.

You put hay in a Horse Shed not take it out.. You take out fertilizer

robotparade
02-19-16, 05:14 PM
You put hay in a Horse Shed not take it out.. You take out fertilizer

Yes, but the same is true for stables, right? And we can get hay from those, apparently...

otgland
02-19-16, 05:20 PM

Chapter 1 ~

Chapter 2 ~

Chapter 3 ~

Thanks for posting NW!

rst345
02-19-16, 05:22 PM
i wonder what this petting zoo does?

maybe we can place all our chickens and cows in there, and click once and collect from all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!! space!!!!!!!!!!

That is a great idea

cyndora
02-19-16, 05:24 PM

rst345
02-19-16, 05:25 PM
Thank you everyone for all the help. Thank you SpiritWind for awesome post #1.

Indeed you early birds & SpiritWind continue to make CS a really great game. Thank all

dragon2046
02-19-16, 05:53 PM
Chapter 4

Goal 1: chop 5 trees (dead trees work)
Goal 2: make 5 white planks. (2 white inks and 2 wooden beams - 1 hour)
Goal 3: upgrade zoo to level 2 (requirements are 20 water 10 simple glue and 10 white planks)

ktorewqas
02-19-16, 06:00 PM
I got 3 hays from each stables and hatcheries. Also I got 3 hays from 12 wheats.

ktorewqas
02-19-16, 06:04 PM
Chapter 4

Goal 1: chop 5 trees (dead trees work)
Goal 2: make 5 white planks. (2 white inks and 2 wooden beams - 1 hour)
Goal 3: upgrade zoo to level 2 (requirements are 20 water 10 simple glue and 10 white planks)
Thank you! Looks like we will make more white inks/dyes. Level 2 needs 20 white dyes, 20 wood beams

newpam575
02-19-16, 06:57 PM
FYI. The reindeer horses count too, if you still have hem out.

Thanks to the speedy players you make each chapter easier to prepare for and finish.

kolakid
02-19-16, 07:21 PM
Chapter 5
Goal1: Have 3 xLevel5 Farmhouses

AnniePMH
02-19-16, 07:54 PM
U can craft as many as your heart desires. :). Lol.
I completed the goal and the white dye is still there. Don't know for how long though.

Apparently my heart desires that I craft 100 because it says 99 on the back of the inventory card, lol:p

But sadly, the hay has stopped to drop:( so max that before proceeding to Chapter 3 if you want to!

gunnysmum
02-19-16, 09:12 PM
FYI....I collected from my 2 hatcheries and stables plus a field of wheat and have 36 hay in my inventory. I received a big zero from farm house.

coolssp
02-19-16, 10:06 PM
Better late than never :) looks doable, but something funny has happened. Started the first chapter at around 2 am my time and finished it around 10.40 am and now it is showing only 3 hours for my next chapter. Approximately 12 hours and not 24 hours. Guessing this is a bug, I don't mind it at all but hopefully this doesn't happen for all the chapters.

SpiritWind00
02-19-16, 10:19 PM
One of my neighbours confirmed farmhouses do drop hay. Must be random?

My timer is short for day 1 too. We can check if it will fix itself for chapter 2 in a few hours.

I added some extra info to post 1 too... ;)

GlvtenFree
02-19-16, 10:20 PM
it looks like the reward for chapter one is some hay? can anyone confirm? also anyone know what the rewards for chapter 2 and 3 are, yet?

it looks like there are bunnies in this petting zoo, i wish we could have them outside of it too, or honestly something instead of the chickens in it too...

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-19-16, 10:33 PM
it looks like the reward for chapter one is some hay? can anyone confirm? also anyone know what the rewards for chapter 2 and 3 are, yet?

it looks like there are bunnies in this petting zoo, i wish we could have them outside of it too, or honestly something instead of the chickens in it too...

You don't get any hay for completing the first chapter (not that I can see anywhere, in my inventory). So, it looks like it just *unlocks* hay, so it will drop from the 4 places listed.

ETA: yep, that's what it is cuz I just finished chapter 1 and have a couple of hours before chapter 2 starts but for my second collection from a farmhouse, 2 hay dropped. :)

EBJW
02-19-16, 10:43 PM
These chapter-things puzzled me before and now again.

It's said that next chapter starts next day (SW: "It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't start until the next day.").
I didn't start the event til this morning (saturdaymorning European). Half an hour ago I opened and started. I had all cottages and horses out (preparing yesterday), I finished chapter 1 within 15 minutes. When I lookend in my goals it said next chapter will start in 02 hours and 45 minutes.

?? Shouldn't that be 23 hours and 45 minutes then??

spchstew
02-19-16, 10:47 PM
I love the fact that as I patiently wait for Chapter 2 to unlock, I am collecting from my farmhouses AND they are already dropping Fresh Hay!

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-19-16, 10:49 PM
These chapter-things puzzled me before and now again.

It's said that next chapter starts next day (SW: "It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't start until the next day.").
I didn't start the event til this morning (saturdaymorning European). Half an hour ago I opened and started. I had all cottages and horses out (preparing yesterday), I finished chapter 1 within 15 minutes. When I lookend in my goals it said next chapter will start in 02 hours and 45 minutes.

?? Shouldn't that be 23 hours and 45 minutes then??
Zelda ~ S8 "days" start at midnight, Pacific time (little over 2 hours from now) so if you finish a chapter before that time, it counts down TO that time and then the day resets... Make more sense now?

spchstew
02-19-16, 10:51 PM
One of my neighbours confirmed farmhouses do drop hay. Must be random?

My timer is short for day 1 too. We can check if it will fix itself for chapter 2 in a few hours.

I added some extra info to post 1 too... ;)

SW - my farmhouses are dropping hay. Collected 10X and picked up 6 fresh hay so far. Farm houses don't have to be level 5 to drop hay. ��

thanks! Added this to the section on Tips! SW

EBJW
02-19-16, 11:00 PM
Zelda ~ S8 "days" start at midnight, Pacific time (little over 2 hours from now) so if you finish a chapter before that time, it counts down TO that time and then the day resets... Make more sense now?

YeS! That makes sense, dearie!
I never got that, so there's a universal start, it doesn't mean when WE personally finish a chapter (the first)...!

I think I got it now, (but don't let me take an exam over it, please!)

ShibuyaCloth
02-20-16, 12:39 AM
Materials:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb50548.png_2v_31020.png
Fresh Hay
Info: A soft bed of hay perfect for animals to sit upon! Used to upgrade the Petting Zoo.
Requirements: 5 gems
Used for: Farmhouse, Wheat, Stable, Hatchery
Cap: 130

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb990006.png_2v_31020.png
White Dye
Info: Used for various Crafting Recipes, and is earned from Crafting.
Crafted in: Potion Shop
Requirements: 2 White Petals, 2 Water
Cap: 99 (100)

1whitty
02-20-16, 01:06 AM
The hay were awarded on completion of Chapter 1 did not show up in my inventory. I thought maybe it wasn't supposed to. I waited until Chapter 2 opened and started collecting hay. I've now collected 14 and its in my inventory, but is not being counted towards the goal.

Should I continue collecting hay or wait until my problem is fixed. Thank you

Problem is fixed.

EBJW
02-20-16, 01:07 AM
FYI:

I just started chapter 2:

collected 13 farmhouses.
10 dropped 1 hay each.

harvestet 15 wheat.
8 dropped 1 hay each.

Queenzod
02-20-16, 01:14 AM

I think the reward unlocks the hay, not gives you some. Because you can start collecting hay right away from the farmhouses.

Perry9877
02-20-16, 01:25 AM
Just a quick note: If you need wood (but not living wood) I think the best source is old logs. You get 1 wood per chop and sometimes another random drop like mushrooms, petals and glimmerdust. 3 chops clears it and it costs less.

dragoniakingdom
02-20-16, 01:35 AM
Only just started the event a couple of hours ago & the timer has already dropped to 9 days. So if anyone has found my wandering,lost day,can they send it home please.:rolleyes:

1whitty
02-20-16, 02:10 AM
Does anyone know if sap trees count as trees to chop? Thanks

kolakid
02-20-16, 02:10 AM
Chapter 5
Goal2:? Sorry ...finished Goal 1 ... just said goal reward ... but I didnt register/ didnt show what was needed ( as must have had whatever it was)
Goal 3:? same thing happened again!!!

Chapter 6
Goal 1:Give 15 Rope
Goal2:Make 5 White Planks (2 white ink, 2 wood beams...1 hr to make)

armerfarmer
02-20-16, 02:20 AM
Farmhouses drop 0-2 hay! Just got definitely 2 hay from a Lv5 farmhouse :o

ShibuyaCloth
02-20-16, 03:12 AM
The main attraction:

http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/thumb450000.png_2v_31020.png
Petting Zoo L1
Requirements: 500 coins // 25 Wood, 25 Stone, 75 Fresh Hay
Timer: 1440 minutes // 24 hours // 1 day
Speed-up: 48 gems

Violetvoo
02-20-16, 03:13 AM
My petting zoo did not come built and ch 2 goal 3 is upgrade petting zoo to level 1

GlvtenFree
02-20-16, 03:19 AM
My petting zoo did not come built and ch 2 goal 3 is upgrade petting zoo to level 1

mine aswell, but i think that is how it is supposed to be, just a typo error in the first post in this thread with the info? anyone else encounter this?

ShibuyaCloth
02-20-16, 03:30 AM
mine aswell, but i think that is how it is supposed to be, just a typo error in the first post in this thread with the info? anyone else encounter this?

This is always so which each building, you first by the footprint with coins, then use material to build it. Later you can upgrade most of them (especially event buildings).

Violetvoo
02-20-16, 03:45 AM
This is always so which each building, you first by the footprint with coins, then use material to build it. Later you can upgrade most of them (especially event buildings).

I know it's usually the case but earlier posts read it comes built and goal 3 is upgrade zoo to level 2

SpiritWind00
02-20-16, 03:46 AM
sorry about post 1. all fixed now!

It doesn't come built; it's a construction piece until you get the 75 hay (if you didn't accumulate it after chapter 1 but prior to the beginning of chapter 2 starting).

Korlcek
02-20-16, 04:38 AM
Day 5 requires upgrades, so lower level players should prepare for that:

Have 3 Level 5 Farmhouses
Have 2 Level 5 Stables
Have 2 Level 5 Hatcheries

dragon2046
02-20-16, 04:39 AM
Chapter 5
Goal2:? Sorry ...finished Goal 1 ... just said goal reward ... but I didnt register/ didnt show what was needed ( as must have had whatever it was)

Chapter 6

Same thing happened to me on chapter 5??

To upgrade from level 2 to 3 in petting zoo

5 super glue
10 white planks
130 fresh hay

transberry
02-20-16, 05:01 AM

5 super glue
10 white planks
130 fresh hay

Just don't understand why people want to speed through every event by spending gems. Thinking maybe one of these events should be non speed able and even the playing field for all, making everyone do all stages by building and crafting the items needed.

Appreciate knowing what will be needed but just seems silly to me to speed up by using gems to get reward everyone gets just a few days later.

dragon2046
02-20-16, 05:05 AM
Just don't understand why people want to speed through every event by spending gems. Thinking maybe one of these events should be non speed able and even the playing field for all, making everyone do all stages by building and crafting the items needed.

Appreciate knowing what will be needed but just seems silly to me to speed up by using gems to get reward everyone gets just a few days later.

No problem I can stop.... Just for u. :p

transberry
02-20-16, 05:11 AM
Wow didn't realize how many hard to find resources the hatcheries take

Mine was level 3 it would never let me level up, it just showed option. 1 golden egg to get it to level 4, 3 to get to level 5

This is why they are giving the petting zoo as a reward, few have as many golden eggs as I did. Had over 60

Level 2 needs 5 noodles

And to get both stables and hatcheries to level 5 you will need lots of energy to harvest the needed wheat, collect the eggs and milk lol

transberry
02-20-16, 05:12 AM
No problem I can stop.... Just for u. :p

Nope it was a huge help

I would have never bought another hatchery lol

ShibuyaCloth
02-20-16, 05:16 AM
Wow didn't realize how many hard to find resources the hatcheries take

Mine was level 3 it would never let me level up, it just showed option. 1 golden egg to get it to level 4, 3 to get to level 5

This is why they are giving the petting zoo as a reward, few have as many golden eggs as I did. Had over 60

Level 2 needs 5 noodles

And to get both stables and hatcheries to level 5 you will need lots of energy to harvest the needed wheat, collect the eggs and milk lol

For low level players this kind of events are very hard, for ultra high level players, this is a cake walk. I don't speed up as I don't need to, I have enough resources to everything without feeling a dent in my inventory. Only the Fresh Hay is the bottleneck, I just hope I can have 1 as collector item before the end of the event.

ktorewqas
02-20-16, 05:22 AM
I finished chapter 2 but I do not see the option to craft white dye :confused:

Sandybellee
02-20-16, 05:25 AM

Have 2 Level 5 Stables

Ouch! Glad I didn't start yet. Need to get cracking on those upgrades. Thank you so much for sharing the information. :)

vaso1908
02-20-16, 05:34 AM
So far I have noticed that that my level 5 farmhouses drop 2 hays while the lower ones only 1. Is this how it's supposed to be or just a coincidence?

ladyperidot
02-20-16, 06:01 AM
Ouch! Glad I didn't start yet. Need to get cracking on those upgrades. Thank you so much for sharing the information. :)

As an FYI, to get from level 4 to level 5 on the stables takes 50 cabbages, which have a 16 hr grow time. Made too many sandwiches, must go plant more

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 06:02 AM
I just barely started. So when do you start getting hay exactly? I put my cottages back out and in three hours they will be ready to collect from. So should I start building farmhouses? I never needed more than one before. Cottages drop and stables and hatcheries, a little from wheat and is that all?

ladyperidot
02-20-16, 06:03 AM
So far I have noticed that that my level 5 farmhouses drop 2 hays while the lower ones only 1. Is this how it's supposed to be or just a coincidence?

I've noticed that too. I've also noticed that you don't get the hay every time from farmhouses!

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 06:05 AM

I think it's a deal where people don't understand that you don't have to speed through the event to finish. I spead through one when I had saved up a lot of gems and was sorry I bothered. I'd rather buy a gem something or other.

burritosprings
02-20-16, 06:13 AM

5 super glue
10 white planks
130 fresh hay

I had a feeling that with max being 130 that there was gonna be another Hay Day on the Way. :cool:

Sandybellee
02-20-16, 06:14 AM
As an FYI, to get from level 4 to level 5 on the stables takes 50 cabbages, which have a 16 hr grow time. Made too many sandwiches, must go plant more

Thanks! I just discovered that too. Thankfully one stable was already level 5. Cabbages for the other one are growing now. :)

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 06:26 AM
I was hoping "Ivy's Petting Zoo" meant we were getting new animals to fill it with. I take it that's not the case since it's a resource building.

meme1098
02-20-16, 06:53 AM
I was hoping "Ivy's Petting Zoo" meant we were getting new animals to fill it with. I take it that's not the case since it's a resource building.

This was also my hope. Maybe a bunny, ducks, or something other than the farm animals we already have.

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 07:08 AM
This was also my hope. Maybe a bunny, ducks, or something other than the farm animals we already have.

Well, let's be optimistic. Maybe some will be released. And don't make them all gem animals - make several coins so everyone can get some.

I finally gave up and put my stargazer ridge into storage. All I'm getting off it is flower petals and I'm maxed out on those.

Beeville99
02-20-16, 07:14 AM
Now that I gathered the 75 hay to build my level one petting zoo, my farmhouses are dropping no hay.
13 farmhouses, zero hay.
Since it's eighteen hours until the next chapter, I wish I'd not built my zoo so quickly.

dragon2046
02-20-16, 07:20 AM
Now that I gathered the 75 hay to build my level one petting zoo, my farmhouses are dropping no hay.
13 farmhouses, zero hay.
Since it's eighteen hours until the next chapter, I wish I'd not built my zoo so quickly.
Yes cuz u will need 130 of the fresh hay to upgrade to level 3 :/. That'll slow us down. Lol

meme1098
02-20-16, 07:21 AM
Yes cuz u will need 130 of the fresh hay to upgrade to level 3 :/. That'll slow us down. Lol

Tap, tap, tap away guys. It's the weekend & we have nothing better to do...lol
(That's major sarcasm just in case no one got it) :D

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 07:25 AM
I just built six farmhouses - when does the hay start appearing? I haven't even gotten my collection from the 10 cottages to place my petting zoo yet.

dragon2046
02-20-16, 07:43 AM
Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 6
Goal 3: upgrade zoo from level 2 to level 3 (requirements 5 super glue 10 white planks and 130 fresh hay)

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 07:46 AM
I just built six farmhouses - when does the hay start appearing? I haven't even gotten my collection from the 10 cottages to place my petting zoo yet.

Look at the very first post on page one of this thread for the answer to this, and many other questions. Spiritwind has posted the requirements and tips that are known so far. That information is courtesy of the wonderful players who use gems to speed up and are kind enough to share the information here :)

riverly
02-20-16, 07:50 AM
I keep looking at the hay-nest-twine-noodles. It does not look like the hay we get in Arkansas. We have hay bales or huge rolls of hay. Yes, Arkansas is in USA.

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 07:54 AM
13 farmhouses, zero hay.

Thanks for the heads up. Since I will have to wait several hours for chapter 3 anyway, I'll just keep collecting hay today and upgrade when I max out, or tomorrow morning (whichever comes first! :D)

I am also finding that the level 5 farmhouses drop 2 hay, when they drop. I have 10 farmhouses (3 level 5) and average 5 'bales' of hay per collection. Same with wheat. Approximately 5 hay for every 10 wheat harvested.

ETA: Lol riverly, they don't look like the hay we have south of you either. :D

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-20-16, 08:02 AM
I keep looking at the hay-nest-twine-noodles. It does not look like the hay we get in Arkansas. We have hay bales or huge rolls of hay. Yes, Arkansas is in USA.
LOL!!! I'm in Georgia, but I thought the same thing:

Are we bedding our fur-babies in Fresh Hay:

OR, are we actually feeding them WONTON NOODLES?:

LOL!

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-20-16, 08:14 AM
Chapter 6
Goal 3: upgrade zoo from level 2 to level 3 (requirements 5 super glue 10 white planks and 130 fresh hay)
So hay stops dropping from the 4 places after the first upgrade (Ch 2, Goal 3) that requires 75 hay and it doesn't start dropping again until you get here, at Ch 6. Goal 3?
Lol, yeah, way to slow us down, S8 :p

coolssp
02-20-16, 08:37 AM
Hay stops dropping after chapter 2 - right? Wheat, farmhouse and hatchery has dropped since I built the zoo... I know later we'll need 100+ hay so what's the logic?

Rockylandia
02-20-16, 08:47 AM
Don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but my level 5 farmhouses give hay every time, my level 1 gives nothing.

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 08:49 AM
Don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but my level 5 farmhouses give hay every time, my level 1 gives nothing.

Seriously? I just built six level 1 farmhouses. I'm going to be really ticked if that's true.

meme1098
02-20-16, 09:13 AM
LOL!!! I'm in Georgia, but I thought the same thing:

Are we bedding our fur-babies in Fresh Hay:

OR, are we actually feeding them WONTON NOODLES?:

LOL!

This was my thought when I first saw this 'so-called' hay. Kinda looked like pasta or a pasta nest for Italian baby ducks or chickens. (No offense to the Italians out there ... I luv pasta)
Hay here in Texas comes in either square or round bales too, riverly. :D.

tuffyjkitten
02-20-16, 09:35 AM
Farmhouses drop 0-2 hay! Just got definitely 2 hay from a Lv5 farmhouse :o

Just collected from all my farmhouses. I got 2 hay from each of my level 5 ones and 3/4 lower level ones gave 1 hay each. So that makes 9 hay from 7 farmhouses.

As far as wheat goes, it seemed to be about every other plot that gave hay.

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-20-16, 09:35 AM

Seriously? I just built six level 1 farmhouses. I'm going to be really ticked if that's true.

All of my farmhouses drop 0-2 hay, regardless of level ... So I think all farmhouses are coded the same (& randomly) - sometimes they drop 1, sometimes 2, sometimes nothing...but with a recoup time of only 10 minutes, all of your energy can QUICKLY get eaten up collecting them, if you're not careful, lol. :eek:

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 09:38 AM

I believe the drops are random. I just checked 4 level 1 farmhouses and got 2 hay 'nests'. One each from 2 of the farmhouses. My level 5's usually drop two hay at a time, when they drop, but they don't always drop.

NOTE: a quick reminder, for those who are just starting to build extra farmhouses...Chapter 5 requires 3 level five farmhouses.

meme1098
02-20-16, 09:50 AM
And don't upgrade to level 2 right away because I just found out the hard way (before going back to read the previous posts) hay does not drop from farmhouses (& most likely stables or hatcheries) after you do. Now I'll have to wait until I get to Chapter 4 before being able to collect the hay-pasta-nest thingys again.

alexsjusa
02-20-16, 09:51 AM
The farmhouses stop dropping hay after the first upgrade? Don't we need hay later on? So much for trying to be prepared!

kolakid
02-20-16, 09:54 AM
For all who dont like gem- speeders

Spoiler Alert: DONT READ THIS::p

Chapter 7:
Goal 1:Have 20 fish
Goal 2:Harvest 10 corn
Goal 3:Harvest 5 Carrots

have to harvest corn/carrots...ones in inventory dont count

Personally I thank ALL gem speeders - without their info couldnt have completed many goals in time
as cant always play regularly & knowing in advance DOES help...

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 09:57 AM
And don't upgrade to level 2 right away because I just found out the hard way (before going back to read the previous posts) hay does not drop from farmhouses (& most likely stables or hatcheries) after you do. Now I'll have to wait until I get to Chapter 4 before being able to collect the hay-pasta-nest thingys again.

:( No rhyme or reason to them stopping the drops when more will be needed. Maybe (hopefully?) a bug?
This warning should be added to tips on the first page.

kolakid
02-20-16, 09:58 AM
For all hoarders

Cant make White Ink & White Planks after finishing Goal 2/Chapter 7

dragon2046
02-20-16, 10:02 AM
For all hoarders

Cant make White Ink & White Planks after finishing Goal 2/Chapter 7

Thanks for the info. I was wondering when these items would disappear. :)
Also thanks for chapter 7 info off to plant. :)

carebear8724
02-20-16, 10:17 AM
It doesn't matter if you upgrade or not. The extra hay that u do collect disappears from your inventory so don't waist your energy guys.

this info in this post is incorrect. The info in quote is correct.

... Refer to the Tips on chapter 2 in post 1 of this thread.... SW ;)

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 10:20 AM
I believe the drops are random. I just checked 4 level 1 farmhouses and got 2 hay 'nests'. One each from 2 of the farmhouses. My level 5's usually drop two hay at a time, when they drop, but they don't always drop.

NOTE: a quick reminder, for those who are just starting to build extra farmhouses...Chapter 5 requires 3 level five farmhouses.

Already built or do I have to wait and upgrade when I hit that goal? I'm not seeing that on the front page - where is it?

armerfarmer
02-20-16, 10:23 AM
It doesn't matter if you upgrade or not. The extra hay that u do collect disappears from your inventory so don't waist your energy guys.

Sorry, but that's not true! Had 13 extra hay when I built the zoo and they are still in my inventory.
Just keep my fingers crossed that they stay there. You never know.....:cool:

ktorewqas
02-20-16, 10:25 AM
It doesn't matter if you upgrade or not. The extra hay that u do collect disappears from your inventory so don't waist your energy guys.i just checked. They are still in my inventory. I upgraded the zoo to lvl1 and I still have 30 hays.

ktorewqas
02-20-16, 10:28 AM
Already built or do I have to wait and upgrade when I hit that goal? I'm not seeing that on the front page - where is it?
You could upgrade them now. The goal is "have" not build :)

CharmOfLea
02-20-16, 10:30 AM

This really made me lol. Thank you, transberry. And ur here since Jan 2013...

@ that S8 guy who drew the hay
Please get away from in front of ur PC and go spend a minute out in nature. U desperately needed it. :) .... maybe eat better too ... lol

PS Faerie horses count as well.

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 10:31 AM
You could upgrade them now. The goal is "have" not build :)

OK. I've got one level 3, one level 2 so hopefully that won't be too hard. Do we also have to have level 5 cottages? I see where it says on the front page what you have to have to upgrade them but not when you need them or how many.

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 10:32 AM

Have 2 Level 5 Stables

Only the first requirement for chapter 5 has been posted on page one so far, we're getting ahead of Spiritwind. :)
They can be built ahead of time. (it would actually save time, since the materials require a lot of collecting. Upgrade requirements for farmhouses are in the first post.)
Same for the hatcheries and stables. (Material requirements for those aren't listed yet, but it would be best to get a head start now on upgrading.)

cyndora
02-20-16, 10:47 AM
The zoo only drops coins?

I wanted to put all my cows and chickens inside and click once.......

Coin drops are boring.....

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 10:49 AM

Looks like the hay 'nests' become a hay bale on the level 1 petting zoo. Maybe all those Christmas elves in the storage cellar are busy bailing hay!

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 10:51 AM
Only the first requirement for chapter 5 has been posted on page one so far, we're getting ahead of Spiritwind. :)
They can be built ahead of time. (it would actually save time, since the materials require a lot of collecting. Upgrade requirements for farmhouses are in the first post.)
Same for the hatcheries and stables. (Material requirements for those aren't listed yet, but it would be best to get a head start now on upgrading.)

OK. So what buildings will we need to have upgraded, what level do we need them upgraded to and how many? Besides the three farmhouses. I guess you're telling me we'll also need the hatcheries upgraded and from the front page it looks like maybe cottages as well?

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 10:59 AM
OK. So what buildings will we need to have upgraded, what level do we need them upgraded to and how many? Besides the three farmhouses. I guess you're telling me we'll also need the hatcheries upgraded and from the front page it looks like maybe cottages as well?

So far, the farmhouses (3), hatcheries (2), and stables (2) are the only buildings listed that need to be level 5.
*cottages have only been required in chapter one (so far) and those can be any level.

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 11:10 AM

My extra hay is still in storage. (I really hope it doesn't disappear!)
Also, the 130 limit is firm....I tried collecting from another farmhouse and got the dreaded 'sorry you can't hold anymore" banner. (Not a good sign for the collection of souvenirs. :()

shelby647
02-20-16, 11:35 AM
I don't have the option to make white dye😔

udittara
02-20-16, 11:35 AM
How do I know how many hours I have left for a chapter ? I am ready to up grade to level 1 but I am waiting to collect more hay . I'm preparing for the next chapters don't want to lose time

carebear8724
02-20-16, 12:19 PM
My extra hay is still in storage. (I really hope it doesn't disappear!)
Also, the 130 limit is firm....I tried collecting from another farmhouse and got the dreaded 'sorry you can't hold anymore" banner. (Not a good sign for the collection of souvenirs. :()

Really? Did have you upgraded your Zoo to level 2 yet?

carebear8724
02-20-16, 12:22 PM
Sorry, but that's not true! Had 13 extra hay when I built the zoo and they are still in my inventory.
Just keep my fingers crossed that they stay there. You never know.....:cool:

Really? Sorry, for the misinformation then everyone. I guess I will check through my storage again for mine... Weird

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 12:30 PM
I don't have the option to make white dye��

Are you on chapter 3 yet? That's when the white dye is made.

Really? Did have you upgraded your Zoo to level 2 yet?

No, I just built it to level one after I collected 130 of the fresh hay. It used 75 and I have 55 left in storage.
After reading that the drops stopped after building, I decided to keep collecting before building...even then, I still have over 12 hours before I can start chapter 3.

jessiefromshimerville
02-20-16, 12:34 PM
I did not have to upgrade but I did not get an announcement. Just had to notice the pig in the top right corner of the screen and click on him to get the event started

SpiritWind00
02-20-16, 01:01 PM
good morning! Wow, so much happens when I'm asleep! I've updated post 1 with everything including the note about hay drops stopping for a while. Thank you for posting! (and for the laugh about noodle looking hay!)

I wonder if and what goals a level 15-20 player has. I might find that out! :):):)

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 01:24 PM
good morning! Wow, so much happens when I'm asleep! I've updated post 1 with everything including the note about hay drops stopping for a while. Thank you for posting! (and for the laugh about noodle looking hay!)

I wonder if and what goals a level 15-20 player has. I might find that out! :):):)

Thanks SpiritWind for all that you do! I love being able to see the goals at a glance :)
Post #130 has the first two goals for chapter 6

dragon2046
02-20-16, 01:27 PM
Chapter 5

Chapter 6
SW here is some of the chapter 6 info

chapter 8

Goal 1: give 3 spicy feasts
Goal2: make 5 animal food in kitchens (not in bakeries or cooking camp) 5 corn 5 carrots and 3 fish. 1 hour
Goal 3: upgrade zoo to level 4 (75 living wood, 5 stone block, 10 animal food and 25,000 coins)

michdeman
02-20-16, 01:42 PM

Hi i'm at level 22 and my goals for chapter 1 were:

Chapter 2 is the same as described in post #1

cyndora
02-20-16, 02:06 PM
I know I see the description on the front page of this thread.

But does this zoo do anything else but drop coins?

I see a 75 living wood goal coming up, and I'm still not done with the strands, and I know s8 likes to keep us working, but I don't want to miss another goal simply for a coin drop.

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 02:31 PM
I know I see the description on the front page of this thread.

But does this zoo do anything else but drop coins?

I see a 75 living wood goal coming up, and I'm still not done with the strands, and I know s8 likes to keep us working, but I don't want to miss another goal simply for a coin drop.

When do we need that? Also I notice it says on the front page one of the goals is "have a lvl 2 petting zoo" but I don't see where it says what we have to get to have that.

ETA - never mind, I see the "living wood" is needed to upgrade your petting zoo.

meme1098
02-20-16, 02:35 PM
When do we need that? Also I notice it says on the front page one of the goals is "have a lvl 2 petting zoo" but I don't see where it says what we have to get to have that.

Here ya go jennyville -
Build/Level 1: 25 wood, 25 stone, 75 Fresh Hay
Level 2: 20 water, 10 simple glue, 10 white planks
Level 3: 5 super glue, 10 white planks, 130 fresh hay
Level 4: build requirements
Level 5: build requirements

Looks like the 75 living wood might be part of level 4 upgrade. I'll go back & see if I can find it.

Yes it's Tybug's post #201
Chapter 8
*Goal 1: give 3 spicy feasts
*Goal 2: make animal food in kitchens (not in bakeries or cooking camp) 5 corn 5 carrots and 3 fish. 1 hour
*Goal 3: upgrade zoo to level 4 (75 living wood, 5 stone block, 10 animal food and 25,000 coins)

aiyoosha
02-20-16, 02:40 PM
wowzas this thread grew crazy lol. i just started my petting zoo. i need 75 hey and i only got 18 kek!

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 02:45 PM
Chapter 7:

Goal 1 Have 20 fish
Goal 2 Harvest 10 corn
Goal 3 Harvest 5 Carrots
Goal 4
Tips:
* you have to harvest corn/carrots...ones in inventory dont count

Can you have fish in inventory? Also I'm maxed out on butterfish and catfish - do they count?

ktorewqas
02-20-16, 02:50 PM
So we will decorate the zoo, making hay beds, then we would feed them animal food ... What's next? Just remember, pets also need places to make fertilizers lol;)

PrincessCupOButter
02-20-16, 03:09 PM
Can you have fish in inventory? Also I'm maxed out on butterfish and catfish - do they count?

Yes, you can have the fish in inventory.
A good rule of thumb is: If it says 'have' it is something that can be made or collected in advance. If it says 'craft' 'harvest' 'make' or 'collect' then you have to wait for the goal to do it.
(In other words, you can use the fish you already have, but you will need to collect the corn and carrots after the goal is triggered.)
The only exceptions I have noticed to this, is when they say 'chop' or 'clear' you can often do those ahead leaving one chop for when the goal appears.

I'm not on chapter 7 yet, but I'm pretty sure it is the regular 'gold' fish since it doesn't say cat or butter.

dragon2046
02-20-16, 03:26 PM
wowzas this thread grew crazy lol. i just started my petting zoo. i need 75 hey and i only got 18 kek!

One of the goals that u complete before u get to this step awards u some living wood and it does go over max amount but I can't remember the amount I think it was 30. But not for sure on that. :)

Sorry grabbed the wrong post. This comment is in regards to the need for 75 living wood.

SpiritWind00
02-20-16, 03:30 PM
I made 2 faerie sap last night as I was maxed on sap and LW. At least I can build back stocks thanks to posts here! Added tips and missing goals to post 1. I won't always write I've added, so just keep checking :) I love storybook goals!!!!

SpiritWind00
02-20-16, 03:32 PM
Hi i'm at level 22 and my goals for chapter 1 were:

Chapter 2 is the same as described in post #1
Thank you for posting! If it differs from what's written, can you please let us know what your chapter/goal requirement is?

rst345
02-20-16, 03:46 PM

chapter 8

Goal2: make animal food in kitchens (not in bakeries or cooking camp) 5 corn 5 carrots and 3 fish. 1 hour
Goal 3: upgrade zoo to level 4 (75 living wood, 5 stone block, 10 animal food and 25,000 coins)
Yikes, 75 living wood!! I was making faerie sap. I will start letting it accumulate instead. Will also plant those carrots that take 24 hours to grow. Hay on the Canadian prairies never look like piles of noodles either. Thanks for striding ahead & sharing; totally makes the game doable.

Sandybellee
02-20-16, 03:54 PM
A huge thank you to everyone who speeds ahead and shares the information here!

I've been prepping today before starting the event and upgrading the 3 farmhouses and 2 hatcheries and one of my stables all day long and I'm still not even nearly done collecting all the milk and eggs and wood needed, let alone the 16 hour cabbages. This would have been a huge problem without advance knowledge of the requirements! So again, thank you so much for helping out by sharing the steps! :)

roguebee
02-20-16, 04:27 PM
I thought it was political hay we were collecting.

I was glad to get the advanced warning that we needed several buildings at level 5. That would have been a show stopper for junior account.

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 04:55 PM
I thought it was political hay we were collecting.

I was glad to get the advanced warning that we needed several buildings at level 5. That would have been a show stopper for junior account.

It would have been for me, too - as would goals like "5 carrots" or "3 spicy feasts" ( I need peppers for that one).

transberry
02-20-16, 05:19 PM

chapter 8

Goal2: make 5 animal food in kitchens (not in bakeries or cooking camp) 5 corn 5 carrots and 3 fish. 1 hour

Grrrr living wood so hard to get, glad I broke down Wednesday and bought living wood tree. Used so much on upgrading faire bulb

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 05:26 PM
Grrrr living wood so hard to get, glad I broke down Wednesday and bought living wood tree. Used so much on upgrading faire bulb

I'm maxed out of that at the moment though I won't be after this challenge. I wonder what the final 2 levels require? It would be annoying to use up all these resources and then find out I couldn't complete the challenge.

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 05:28 PM
OK - what will I need to get my petting zoo to level 1 and is it at that point I stop getting hay? I don't see where it says on the front page.

alexsjusa
02-20-16, 05:37 PM

Hahahah how sneaky of them!

this quote is incorrect.... SW

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 05:47 PM
Hahahah how sneaky of them!

Others are saying that isn't the case. I seem to be getting hay pretty quickly so hopefully that keeps up.

SpiritWind00
02-20-16, 05:55 PM
OK - what will I need to get my petting zoo to level 1 and is it at that point I stop getting hay? I don't see where it says on the front page.

Yes. It's in the Tips section of chapter 2.

twinkletoes12348
02-20-16, 06:00 PM
I maxed out on hay before upgrading, and I definitely still have 55 hay in my inventory after upgrading. :)

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 06:09 PM
I've got 22 and I've still got 7 hours before I even get to level 2.

federerGOAT
02-20-16, 06:27 PM
A huge thank you to everyone who speeds ahead and shares the information here!

I've been prepping today before starting the event and upgrading the 3 farmhouses and 2 hatcheries and one of my stables all day long and I'm still not even nearly done collecting all the milk and eggs and wood needed, let alone the 16 hour cabbages. This would have been a huge problem without advance knowledge of the requirements! So again, thank you so much for helping out by sharing the steps! :)

This is my first time doing a story book type of event, and should have waited instead of clicking start without knowing what I was in for.

Only have one level three farmhouse, stable and hatchery.
Don't think I will be able to complete this.
All my coins have been depleted due to expansions, gems have been used to buy the cabbage hut.
Will need endless reserves of milk and eggs, 100 carrots and 100 cabbages to upgrade two hatcheries to level 5.
I like a challenge...

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 06:38 PM
This is my first time doing a story book type of event, and should have waited instead of clicking start without knowing what I was in for.

Only have one level three farmhouse, stable and hatchery.
Don't think I will be able to complete this.
All my coins have been depleted due to expansions, gems have been used to buy the cabbage hut.
Will need endless reserves of milk and eggs, 100 carrots and 100 cabbages to upgrade two hatcheries to level 5.
I like a challenge...

100 carrots? My hatcheries aren't requiring any carrots. Just milk. Though yes, a lot of milk.

WhatNamesRLeft
02-20-16, 06:45 PM
Has anyone confirmed yet if the Petting Zoo only drops coins?

If so, I won't bother. What in the world would most high level players want to use so many resources & time to get yet ANOTHER coin building? I doubt there's a high level player out there who is in need of coins. I understand if u want to do it for a challenge, but the rewards S8 have been offering for Community Events etc lately are starting to royally annoy me. ESPECIALLY if u've used a lot of resources & time to get it. I'm sick of getting decorations & coin buildings or "easy to obtain" resource prizes (like the ridge... I don't need ANOTHER resource building to give me Glimmerdust or Petals).

I, unfortunately, was too low a level player to get the Love Shack when it came out. Now... if S8 would be kind enough (��yeah, right) to allow those players who did not even have the CHANCE to get the Love Shack, the goal to get it now, THAT would be greatly appreciated. Even if they make it available for gems for those that don't have one.

Living The Dream Coz Reality Won't Listen. ��

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 06:47 PM
Has anyone confirmed yet if the Petting Zoo only drops coins?

If so, I won't bother. What in the world would most high level players want to use so many resources & time to get yet ANOTHER coin building? I doubt there's a high level player out there who is in need of coins. I understand if u want to do it for a challenge, but the rewards S8 have been offering for Community Events etc lately are starting to royally annoy me. ESPECIALLY if u've used a lot of resources & time to get it. I'm sick of getting decorations & coin buildings or "easy to obtain" resource prizes (like the ridge... I don't need ANOTHER resource building to give me Glimmerdust or Petals).

I, unfortunately, was too low a level player to get the Love Shack when it came out. Now... if S8 would be kind enough (��yeah, right) to allow those players who did not even have the CHANCE to get the Love Shack, the goal to get it now, THAT would be greatly appreciated. Even if they make it available for gems for those that don't have one.

Living The Dream Coz Reality Won't Listen. ��

I don't think we know yet. Though I've already put the stargazer's ridge into storage because all it gave me was petals and I'm maxed out. I never got any energy off it though others said they did.

federerGOAT
02-20-16, 07:09 PM
100 carrots? My hatcheries aren't requiring any carrots. Just milk. Though yes, a lot of milk.

Oops. Stables.

fish63
02-20-16, 07:22 PM
I have a bug. I collect, the horse rides through. I collect again same thing! No Hay in inventory or planks. Yes I closed and reopened. Have spent 300 gems to keep playing! Help!

fish63
02-20-16, 07:28 PM
One potion shop will not let me make dye! I'm on chapter 6!

SpiritWind00
02-20-16, 07:29 PM
I have a bug. I collect, the horse rides through. I collect again same thing! No Hay in inventory or planks. Yes I closed and reopened. Have spent 300 gems to keep playing! Help!

Which goal do you have in your book? You won't get hay until the goal is in your book and you cannot craft special items until the goal is in your book.

Don't spend gems!

Edit: I'm sorry, but I can't understand what the problem is. Can you try again for me please?

eastie41
02-20-16, 08:41 PM
Thanks to all the smart CS players for posting tips. Can't wait to finish my petting zoo. :cool:

transberry
02-20-16, 08:45 PM
I'm a high level player but I'm never maxed on everything

I don't mind spending resources to get to complete goals for new buildings etc. just had to spend 8 golden eggs to upgrade, no biggie had 60 of them

But living wood is going to be my challenge I spent it all to upgrade faire bulb and keep storyline going, still need one more plant to complete sister sister

But at least it's better than the over 2 years to get first alicorn horn

I have the love shack, but never understood limited events when glimmer bat and reindeer stable were released, I still have a reindeer stable that's incomplete

Sorry you don't like the fun decorations, this one actually sounds like fun if it comes with new pets

riverly
02-20-16, 09:01 PM
I have a bug. I collect, the horse rides through. I collect again same thing! No Hay in inventory or planks. Yes I closed and reopened. Have spent 300 gems to keep playing! Help!are you saying your game keeps resetting? Is your wifi connection good?

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 11:35 PM
I'm wondering about goal 3, chapter 3. I'm maxed out on white petals so can I use so will that make a difference? I don't see how to get rid of any.

rulerofjennyville
02-20-16, 11:37 PM
Oops. Stables.

Oh, good. I have my stables upgraded. You had me worried - I already have to grow a lot. It was looking like I wouldn't be able to finish, either.

Moulin1
02-21-16, 01:21 AM
On chapter 3 . Planted 10 Icelandic poppies but it has not registered. Tapped plant button in book and planted more, but still not registered. Closed and checked again but still nothing. Anyone else having problems with poppies?

SpiritWind00
02-21-16, 01:28 AM
On chapter 3 . Planted 10 Icelandic poppies but it has not registered. Tapped plant button in book and planted more, but still not registered. Closed and checked again but still nothing. Anyone else having problems with poppies?

Just did this goal now after seeing your post. All fine here. It's definitely purchasing more, not placing them from inventory. They are the white flowers...

You have this goal in your book now? (Sorry!)

I bought 1 to start with to see if it worked, which it did, so I bought the remainder.

bjaich
02-21-16, 01:30 AM

Yes same for me, planted 30 before I rebooted my iPad and then they register and I could move on.

Hope this work for you

SpiritWind00
02-21-16, 01:31 AM
Yes it could be a timing/sync issue. Visit a neighbour, buy 1 flower, check your goal book to see if it registered, then visit someone again.

Moulin1
02-21-16, 01:33 AM
I did purchase more and not use those in my inventory. I have tried collecting petals to see if that gets it going again but no luck. I'm maxed out on petals, so I don't want to try that again as it's just wasting energy. any suggestions?

Moulin1
02-21-16, 01:34 AM
Ok I'll do that.

AuntGma
02-21-16, 01:35 AM

Yes, I had the same problem. I did a force close and when I returned to the game, my planted poppies had registered and I was able to proceed. A good rule of thumb when you have a problem is to do a force close. So often that is all that is required to put things back in order.

PS - I want to add my thanks to all the gemmers out there. The information you generously share with the rest of us is invaluable. Many thanks!

Moulin1
02-21-16, 01:44 AM
Yes same for me, planted 30 before I rebooted my iPad and then they register and I could move on.

Hope this work for you

Thank you. It has worked now. Better get making some dye

bjaich
02-21-16, 02:02 AM
Thank you. It has worked now. Better get making some dye

You are very welcome, pleased it worked for you. Good luck with the other tasks.

EBJW
02-21-16, 02:23 AM
I'm on chapter 3 now. The hay is the main problem for me, as I went too quick and have no more in inventory left as preparation for the next upgrades. And we'll need lots, I read throughout the threats.

It's a bit blurry to me, all the extra information all throughout this thread, can't get it organised for myself and as it's not on page 1 yet (don't get me wrong, I can understand perfectly, it's a LOT of info, this event):

can someone pretty pretty please make a summary of in what chapter we need how many hay for upgrading?

That way I can collect extra in advance when possible......

ShibuyaCloth
02-21-16, 02:29 AM
I'm on chapter 3 now. The hay is the main problem for me, as I went too quick and have no more in inventory left as preparation for the next upgrades. And we'll need lots, I read throughout the threats.

It's a bit blurry to me, all the extra information all throughout this thread, can't get it organised for myself and as it's not on page 1 yet (don't get me wrong, I can understand perfectly, it's a LOT of info, this event):

can someone pretty pretty please make a summary of in what chapter we need how many hay for upgrading?

That way I can collect extra in advance when possible......

Simple: max out if you can before moving on. You will need 130 hay in the future to upgrade.