PDA

View Full Version : Tournament: Sheriff of Naughtingham February 19, 2016

cardinalpsy
02-16-16, 06:33 PM
I just saw this update for Friday. TL keeps releasing new animals but we are running out of space and habitat. When are we getting an expansion and habitat update? At least, this one is a tournament prize by the looks of it, which will stay in storage until TL provides the much needed land expansion.

Very Helpful thread :
Battlegrounds & Tournaments: Strategy Guide & Discussion (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?83277-Battlegrounds-amp-Tournaments-Strategy-Guide-amp-Discussion/page11)
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28666&d=1455672564 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28666&d=1455672564)

My tournament result. As before, all animals used are level 15 except the gem animals which are level 10. Good luck everyone.:)

1. Winter Wolverine level 1 - won with Catypuss; used electric(critical)
2. Bansheep level 1 - won with Ampeater; used earth x2
3. Pigmy level 2 - won with Blizard; used earth x2
4. Puffalo level 4 - won with Cactus Kitsune; used nature and fire(critical)
5. Hydro Yak level 7 - won with Eagle Beagle; used electric x2
6. Slippopotamus level 9 - won with Bamboon; used nature x3
7. Wombattery level 10 - won with Cranbeary; used nature x2
8. Smitten Kitten level 12 - won with Blizard; used earth x3
9. Psyena level 12 - won with Aperil fool; used fire(critical)
10. Lullabison level 15 - won with Cactus Kitsune; used nature x3
11. Porkupine level 16 - won with Blizard; used earth x2
12. Hamrock level 18 - won with Deadwing; used skull x2
13. Arboar level 18 - won with Dragonfly; used electric & dark(critical). Lost with Citrine Peregrin, Catypuss
14. Ruby Razorback level 19 - won with Beever; used water x3. Lost with Jade Kirin, Sapphire Cthulhu, Pearl Peryton
15. Secret Santler level 20 - won with Comet Cougar; used dark x2(critical). Lost with Dripmunk
16. Harvest Hedgehog level 20 - won with Aurora Pegasus; used nature(critical). Lost with Cactus Kitsune, Beever
17. Frankenswine level 20 - won with Eerie Owl; used fire x2
18. Sheriff of Naughtyham level 20 - won with Lionheart; used earth x2

Drachenia
02-16-16, 06:43 PM
No no no again a new animal and no land expansion . I am really sad for weeks I wait for land expansion and nothing comes . Hello TL please give us an exact date for land expansion!!!!!!!!

sweetypies97
02-16-16, 07:01 PM
Oh dear heavens. That poor ugly creature. He can stay away from my forest!

ninasidstorm8
02-16-16, 07:03 PM
So it looks like they have moved the next 18 round tournament up a week like they did with the last 30 round tournament. Looks like a Dark/Fire prize.

jojopeanut
02-16-16, 07:53 PM
I'll say it's quite funny as intended. Other than that I'm speechless...lol

Sandybellee
02-17-16, 03:18 AM
I was hoping no tournaments this weekend as I'm busy... The pig is pretty hilarious! I kind of like him.

ogreve
02-17-16, 06:51 AM
He looks kinda cool to me; bold and bodacious, just like the Ruby Razorback. :)

Clark_Wayne
02-17-16, 11:26 AM
LOL we have archer (Robin hood) in dragon story as tournament prize , so the sheriff should be a tournament prize too LOL
funny that dragon story got the good Guy and FFS got the bad guy LOL

evys_mom
02-17-16, 02:23 PM
I think he is so cute as a baby. Ugh over 30 animals in storage and can't get runes quick enough to display all the pretty animals. I can't imagine getting to the point of running out of space, so I truly sympathize with you!! I'm selling a lot of common animals to place, but I like all my animals :(

NannaSherry
02-18-16, 08:37 AM
I think he is so cute as a baby. Ugh over 30 animals in storage and can't get runes quick enough to display all the pretty animals. I can't imagine getting to the point of running out of space, so I truly sympathize with you!! I'm selling a lot of common animals to place, but I like all my animals :(

OMG evys_mom I am so with you. Not 30 in storage but close to it. Getting the runes takes a long time and it's creating a back log. Have sold off so many common and some rare animals just to hang on to the newer ones. As of late TL is at least making habitats for 4 animals and multiple elements. When you get the skull land or heroes habitat and don't get the trio (I've learned my lesson on buying that before completing the trio) and you only have 2 of the animals, it's a waste. That being said its creating an unequal balance needing so many runes to expand. Or the fact we can't earn more at a quicker pace. Here's a thought: how about putting some habitats on the spin wheel or giving every animal that hatches the option for storage, like the ones you earn in events or via spin wheel.

natxjkkggg
02-18-16, 08:56 AM
I think ist would be a good way for many of us to can buy a habitat, that can be used for 10 or more animals to park them without they can be seen.if You push the habitat You see the names and can put them in the normal habtitats. The Price of such a habitat Could be a Little more expensive than a Hugh and Special habitat now !!

Monichiwa
02-18-16, 09:41 AM
Why is this Sheriff pig wearing a princess dress? XD

Silverrain1
02-18-16, 01:52 PM
OMG evys_mom I am so with you. Not 30 in storage but close to it. Getting the runes takes a long time and it's creating a back log. Have sold off so many common and some rare animals just to hang on to the newer ones. As of late TL is at least making habitats for 4 animals and multiple elements. When you get the skull land or heroes habitat and don't get the trio (I've learned my lesson on buying that before completing the trio) and you only have 2 of the animals, it's a waste. That being said its creating an unequal balance needing so many runes to expand. Or the fact we can't earn more at a quicker pace. Here's a thought: how about putting some habitats on the spin wheel or giving every animal that hatches the option for storage, like the ones you earn in events or via spin wheel.

I like the idea of storing the ones you hatch. I don't keep duplicates (with a few exceptions) so only new animals get put in a habitat, but it would be good to know that if I ever do run out of space and hatch a new animal, I can still keep it and it go in the album. Would hate to sell an animal that I don't have.

FlatFoot
02-18-16, 06:27 PM
Oh man, I can't wait for tomorrow! Muwhaha

Drachenia
02-18-16, 06:39 PM

Muhahaha FlatFoot waiting to Saturday

Clark_Wayne
02-19-16, 12:05 PM
flash tournament start 30min ago for archer-robin , so i guess we will have a flash tournament in about 30min for the sheriff ;)

HappyHeartBakery
02-19-16, 12:44 PM
Good luck all! Animals epic unless noted

Rd 1 level 1 water-nature < Matripony 12
RD 2 Bansheep (elec/dark)lvl 1 < rocking horse 12
Rd 3 earth/fire < blizzard 14
Rd 4 dark/earth 4 > trick or Treent 13 < St. Bernard 14
Rd 5 water/nature 7 > barn owl 14 > Matripony 12 < jingle shells
Rd 6 < toy poodle
Rd 7 < unicorn
Rd 8 < toy poodle
Rd 9 < Caturn 14
Rd 10 > unicorn

Rd 11 < ancient sloth
Rd 12 < Ruby razorback 10
Rd 13 > toy poodle < barn owl 14 > Matripony > unicorn > jingle bells < barn owl 14
Rd 14 < prize pony 14
Rd 15 < St. Bernard 14
Rd 16 > ancient sloth < unicorn
Rd 17 < eerie owl
Rd 18 < St. Bernard 14.

Rd 18 to use: Fire,earth,water, treasure, Treent, Caturn, St. Bernard (per charts)

And DONE :). Safely in storage (with the many other tournament animals). Not too bad with 7 losses overall

MaribouMay
02-19-16, 01:10 PM
Good luck everyone!

R1: Crystal Unicorn > Winter Wolverine
R2: Rocking Horse {fire} > Bansheep
R3: Sapphire Cthulhu {gem} > Pigmy (L: Sapphire Cthulhu {gem})
R4: Money Badger > Puffalo
R5: Crystal Unicorn > Hydro Yak
R6: Quartz Quetzacoatl {gem} > Slippopotamus

R7: Quartz Quetzacoatl {gem} > Wombattery
R8: Thorilla {earth} > Smitten Kitten (L: Santa Claws {christmas})
R9: Money Badger > Psyena (L: Matripony)
R10: Quartz Quetzacoatl {gem} > Lullabison
R11: Crystal Unicorn > Porkupine (L: Harpy)
R12: Menoram {electric} > Hamrock (L: Thorilla {electric})
R13: Peony Pony > Arboar (L: Barn Owl)
R14: Anubis > Ruby Razorback

R15: Melodeer > Secret Santler (L: Melodeer 4x, Skeletal Steed {skull} 2x)
R16: Quartz Quetzacoatl {gem} > Harvest Hedgehog (L: Quartz Quetzacoatl {gem} 2x)
R17: Caturn > Frankenswine
R18: Money Badger > Sheriff of Naughtyham (L: Rocking Horse {earth}, Caturn)

Wins: 18, Losses: 16

ArcadiaTofu
02-19-16, 02:38 PM
Flatfoot, it's "tomorrow" and still no expansions in sight. How, exactly, are long-term players supposed to buy sparkly-new habitats for gems when they have no more places to expand to nor any space to put animals?

I'm also really, really boggled on why the FFS team has taken so long to bring out expansions when for months long-term players have been begging for them and actually ran out of space without having duplicate animals in their forest (besides the Treasure-hogging spaces that have yet to be fixed for an 'easy fix'). Why was this not foreseen earlier and/or ignored by staff months ago? >.<

I don't expect to get any real answer for my questions (especially not EVERY one since they're hard questions to answer and staff seems to like only answering one out of multiple questions asked per post... cherry-picking, in other words). But, seriously... why haven't you guys fixed the Treasure habitat for a quick fix for this to help us out? Is allowing 2 or more animals into the Treasure habitat really THAT hard for programmers to do these days? I just... gah. :mad:

kooky panda
02-19-16, 02:49 PM
Please keep your posts on topic . There are other threads to discuss expansions.

Thanks

jojopeanut
02-19-16, 02:55 PM
All animals epic unless otherwise noted. Good luck everyone.. All hits critical 1 unless otherwise noted...

RD 1 Crystal Unicorn (W)
RD 2 Garnett Griffin (W) Fire
RD 3 Frost Fang (W)
RD 4 Crystal Unicorn (W)
RD 5 Party Penguin (W) Electric
RD 6 Panafollia (W) took all 3 hits to win
RD 7 Crystal Unicorn (W)
RD 8 JingleShells (L) Aquarius LVL 11 (W) 1 Electric strong 1 Zodiac critical--1 loss
RD 9 Matripony lvl 10 (L) Party Penguin (L) electric Aquarius lvl 11 Smitten Kitten lvl 7 (L) AperilFool lvl 12 (W) Fire/ Earth X2 --4 losses in this RD
RD 10 Crystal Unicorn (W)
RD 11 Crystal Unicorn (L) Garnett Griffin (W) Fire X2--1 loss
RD 12 JingleShells (L) Toy Elephant (W) Earth X2--1 loss
RD 13 Crystal Unicorn (L) Party Penguin (L) Garnett Griffin (L) Matripony lvl 10 (L) Crystal Unicorn (W) 4 Losses this RD
RD 14 Gretel (L) Water X3 very close though IciClaw (L)
Gift giving Treent lvl 13 (W) Wood X2 --2 loss
RD 15 Aquarius lvl 11 (L) Gretel (W) 1 critical hit water---1 loss
RD 16 Garnett Griffin (L) Crystal Unicorn (W)---1 loss
RD 17 (W) lvl 13 Gift Giving Treent wood X3
RD 18 (W) Toy Elephant Earth X2

Naughty Pig in storage *Best of Luck to all still competing*

15 losses 18 wins

EDIT: Wanted to add these test results from battleground from ninasidstorm8 for using Aquarius hope it helps.
AQUARIUS
Strong: Electric, Fire
Neutral: Earth, Gem, Icecream, Music, Nature, Water
Weak: Dark

RD 7 Wombattery Recommend . Wombattery (electric/earth) Use---Nature, Earth, Gem, Shamrock, Music, Ice Cream Fire, Water, Electric, Valentine, Cosmic
RD 8 Smittenkitten Recommended fighters--{Earth, electric or xmas} alone, or with {anything but dark or nature}
RD 9 Psyena Recommended fighters-
Treasure. Valentine. Caturn. Saintly Bernard. Or {electric, cosmic, or service} with {anything but gemstone}
RD 10 Lullabison Recommended fighters--{Gemstone} with {nature or water}. Crystal Unicorn. Water-Nature. Or {nature, water or gemstone} with {anything but fire or electric}
RD 11 Porkupine Recommended fighters-Ruby Razorback. Crystal Unicorn. Shamrock. Spring. Melodeer. Autumn. Deadwing. Or {fire, gemstone, music, skull or halloween} with {anything but water or valentine}
RD 12 Hamrock Recommended fighters--Deadwing. Or {electric or skull} alone, or with {anything but fire}
RD 13 Arboar Recommended fighters--Citrine Peregrin. Crystal Unicorn. Matripony. Spring. Autumn. Or {electric, gemstone, christmas, or valentine} with {anything but earth}
RD 14 Ruby Razorback Recommended fighters-Treasure. Treent. Egyptian. Saintly Bernard. Or {water} with {anything but nature}
RD 15 Secret Santler Recommended fighters--Melodeer. Saintly Bernard. Or {earth, music, service or skull} with {fire, water, or electric}.
RD 16 Harvest Hedgehog Recommended fighters-Emerald Dragon. Crystal Unicorn. Spring. Or {nature, gemstone or halloween} with {fire, water, dark or xmas}
RD 17 Frakenswine Recommended Fighters-Treent. Caturn. Spring. Saintly Bernard. Or {fire, cosmic or service} with {anything but earth}

***ALL RECOMMENDED FIGHTERS CREDIT AND COURTSEY OF PREVIOUS BATTLES BY CHIPPYCHAN*** Thanks to Chippy Chan :)

Beja326
02-19-16, 02:57 PM
I agree with you on the storage of hatched animals. I can't tell you how many time I have to sell an animal because of no room.

ninasidstorm8
02-19-16, 03:54 PM
I just saw this update for Friday. TL keeps releasing new animals but we are running out of space and habitat. When are we getting an expansion and habitat update? At least, this one is a tournament prize by the looks of it, which will stay in storage until TL provides the much needed land expansion

My tournament result. As before, all animals used are level 15 except the gem animals which are level 10. Good luck everyone.:)

1. Winter Wolverine level 1 - won with Catypuss; used electric(critical)
2. Bansheep level 1 - won with Ampeater; used earth x2
3. Pigmy level 2 - won with Blizard; used earth x2
4. Puffalo level 4 - won with Cactus Kitsune; used nature and fire(critical)
5. Hydro Yak level 7 - won with Eagle Beagle; used electric x2
6. Slippopotamus level 9 - won with Bamboon; used nature x3
7. Wombattery level 10 - won with Cranbeary; used nature x2
8. Smitten Kitten level 12 - won with Blizard; used earth x3
9. Psyena level 12 - won with Aperil fool; used fire(critical)
10. Lullabison level 15 - won with Cactus Kitsune; used nature x3
11. Porkupine level 16 - won with Blizard; used earth x2
12. Hamrock level 18 - won with Deadwing; used skull x2
13. Arboar level 18 - won with Dragonfly; used electric & dark(critical). Lost with Citrine Peregrin, Catypuss
14. Ruby Razorback level 19 - won with Beever; used water x3. Lost with Jade Kirin, Sapphire Cthulhu, Pearl Peryton
15. Secret Santler level 20 - won with Comet Cougar; used dark x2(critical). Lost with Dripmunk
16. Harvest Hedgehog level 20 - won with Aurora Pegasus; used nature(critical). Lost with Cactus Kitsune, Beever
17. Frankenswine level 20 - won with Eerie Owl; used fire x2
18. Sheriff of Naughtyham level 20 - won with Lionheart; used earth x2

Congratulations and thanks for posting the opponents.

Drachenia
02-19-16, 04:41 PM
Good luck everyone in the tournament :D

RD.1 Jingle Shells Epic electrical strongly, fire critical win against Winter Wolverine LVL 1
RD.2 Golden Retriever Epic gems strongly, gems critical win against Bahnsheep LVL 1
RD.3 Captain K9 Epic police badge critical win against Pigmy LVL 2
RD.4 Money Badger Epic gems strongly, gems critical win against Puffalo LVL 4

LauraGSJK
02-19-16, 06:28 PM
Thanks so much, Cardinalpsy, for your helpful info. Thanks to everyone who posts their results. Good luck all!

1: Fire Glider, Electric W
2: Rock Rino W... Grr, had a roll back & it took me three tries to beat this level. Never had that happen where the animal I won with lost. Also have not had a roll back since "refreshing" after each win by visiting a neighbor or community member. (Been playing about a year & a half or so, level 50)
3: Crystal Unicorn W
4: Prize Pony L, Treent W
5: Crystal Unicorn W
6: Barn Owl W
7: Barn Owl W
8: Glacial Griffin, earth W
9: Barn Owl W
10: Crystal Unicorn W
11: Crystal Unicorn L, Barn Owl L, Deadwing, W
12: Deadwing, L, Toy Elephant, Earth, L, Station Dalmation, Service, W
13: Peony Pony, L, Crystal Unicorn, W
14: L w/prize pony & L w/Beaver. Anubis, W
15: Aperil Fool, earth W
16: Crystal Unicorn W
17: L Peony Pony, L Eerie Owl, L Dandelion, L Station Dalmation, Service, Caturn, W
18: Caturn, W

Does anyone know why some posters write out the entire list (1-18/1-30), before they've reached those levels? I don't mean the people that only number the rounds. I don't know about you all, but it throws me off when I'm looking for help on what people have used to beat those levels. (Maybe I'm just dumber than everyone else :o)

Buttercup0001
02-19-16, 06:41 PM
Good luck all.
Animals used are Epic level unless stated otherwise.

Rnd 1. Winter Wolverine < Crystal Unicorn
Rnd 2. Bansheep > Treent < Ampeater earth
Rnd 3. Pigmy < Glacial Griffin earth
Rnd 4. Puffalo < Treent
Rnd 5. Hydro Yak < Crystal Unicorn
Rnd 6. Slippopotamus < Crystal Unicorn
Rnd 7. Wombattery < Crystal Unicorn
Rnd 8. Smitten Kitten > Ampeater earth Ampeater electric Glacial Griffin earth Magmacore earth
Rnd 9. Pysena < Caturn
Rnd 10. Lullabison < Ocean Owl nature
Rnd 11. Porkupine > Mellodeer, Peony Pony < Crystal Unicorn
Rnd 12. Hamrock < Ampeater electric
Rnd 13. Arbor < Crystal Unicorn

Wins - 13
Loses - 6

federerGOAT
02-19-16, 06:55 PM
Only up to level 3 and already five losses.
Does not bode well for the rest of the tournament.

LauraGSJK
02-19-16, 07:23 PM
kooky Panda, do you know how to post the charts on what to use to try to beat each animal? Charts like Chippychan's, & others before her. I don't mean the "blanket recommended fighters list." The one that is taylor made for each tournament. Thanks for any help! Take care.

LauraGSJK
02-19-16, 07:38 PM
Thought this may be helpful. Can't get the chart in it's original format. Sorry. Here is the link, with the full chart (Courtesy of Chippychan): http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?83277-Battlegrounds-amp-Tournaments-Strategy-Guide-amp-Discussion

Recommended Fighters (Part 2)
(sorted by element-type of opponent)

Recommended Fighters to Use *

* The following are recommended to help choose the ideal fighter based on tested strengths/weaknesses, as well as highest rarity. The theory behind choosing an ideal fighter is that an animal of higher rarity may have better odds of landing a 'Critical' against an opponent when using an attack that normally registers a 'Strong' hit. It is also theorized that a high-level fighter may have better odds. It's not a guarantee to win with one of these fighters, but it may increase your odds. Note that ANY animal of ANY level or rarity has a chance of landing a winning 'Critical' using ANY element (even 'Weak' ones).

If you get a result that is different then what is listed here please post about it so we can discuss it.

Opponent’s Element
Recommended Fighter *
Elements to Use/Avoid
Nature-Fire {Gemstone} with {fire or water}. Crystal Unicorn. Wild Wondercat. Spring. Saintly Bernard. Or {fire, water, gemstone or halloween} together, or with {anything but nature, dark or christmas}

Earth-Fire {Gemstone} with {earth or water}. Crystal Unicorn. Water-Earth. Saintly Bernard. Or {service, water or earth} with {nature}

Water-Fire Matripony. Saintly Bernard. Or any combination of the following elements: {earth, electric, water, valentine, or service}

Dark-Fire Treasure. Wild Wondercat. Rocking Horse. Treent. Caturn. Saintly Bernard. Or any combination of the following elements: {fire, earth, water, cosmic, or service}

Electric-Fire Melodeer. Saintly Bernard. Or {earth, music, service or skull} with {fire, water, or electric}.

Gemstone-Fire Treasure. Treent. Egyptian. Saintly Bernard. Deadwing. Or {water or skull} with {anything but nature}

Christmas-Fire Lionhart. {Earth or halloween} alone, or with {anything but nature}

Valentine-Fire {Earth, electric or christmas} alone, or with {anything but dark or nature}

Music-Fire Water-Earth. Or {water or earth} alone, or with {anything but nature, dark, or electric}

Service-Fire Melodeer. Saintly Bernard. Water-Earth. Or {earth, water, music or service}

Skull-Fire Valentine. Saintly Bernard. Water-Earth. Or {earth, water, valentine or service} alone, or with {fire or dark}

Halloween-Fire Spring. Water-Earth. Or {earth or water} alone, or with {anything but nature or dark}

Earth-Nature Emerald Dragon. Crystal Unicorn. Spring. Or {nature, gemstone or halloween} with {fire, water, dark or xmas}

Water-Nature Citrine Peregrin. Crystal Unicorn. Matripony. Spring. Autumn. Or {electric, gemstone, christmas, or valentine} with {anything but earth}

Dark-Nature Treent. Caturn. Spring. Saintly Bernard. Halloween. Or {fire, cosmic, service or halloween} with {anything but earth}

Electric-Nature Ruby Razorback. Crystal Unicorn. Shamrock. Spring. Melodeer. Autumn. Deadwing. Or {fire, gemstone, music, skull or halloween} with {anything but water or valentine}

Gemstone-Nature {Gemstone} with {fire or dark}. Crystal Unicorn. Swan Prince. Trick-or-Treent. Treent. Spring. Deadwing. Or {gemstone, fire or dark} alone, or with {water or electric}

Christmas-Nature {Gemstone} with {fire or dark}. Crystal Unicorn. Swan Prince. Or {fire, dark, gemstone or halloween} with {anything but earth or water}.

Skull-Nature Saintly Bernard. {Fire, service or halloween} alone, or with {anything but electric}

Halloween-Nature Shamrock. Spring. Wild Wondercat. Or {fire, water or halloween} alone, or with {anything but nature, earth or christmas}.

Water-Earth Emerald Dragon. Crystal Unicorn. Matripony. Ice Cream. Autumn. Or {nature, christmas, or valentine} with {anything but fire}

Dark-Earth Treasure. Treent. Saintly Bernard. Or {nature or service} with {anything but electric, xmas or skull}

Electric-Earth {Gemstone} with {nature or earth}. Crystal Unicorn. Shamrock. Autumn. Nature-Earth. Or {nature or earth} with {dark}

Gemstone-Earth {Gemstone} with {dark}. Crystal Unicorn. Treasure. Trick-or-Treent. Treent. Egyptian. Or {dark} with {nature or water}

Valentine-Earth Emerald Dragon. Crystal Unicorn. Or {gem or nature} with {anything but fire or water}

Cosmic-Earth {Gemstone} with {nature or earth}. Crystal Unicorn. Saintly Bernard. Nature-Earth. Or {nature or earth} with {water}

Music-Earth {Gemstone} with {nature or water}. Crystal Unicorn. Water-Nature. Or {nature, water or gemstone} with {anything but fire or electric}

Service-Earth {Gemstone} with {nature}. Crystal Unicorn. Treasure. Melodeer. Or {nature, gem, christmas or music} with anything but {fire, dark, electric or skull}

Halloween-Earth (not tested yet)

Dark-Water Treasure. Valentine. Caturn. Saintly Bernard. Autumn. Or {electric, cosmic, or service} with {anything but gemstone}

Electric-Water Shamrock. Autumn. Electric-Earth. Or {earth, electric, christmas or skull} with {nature or dark}

Gemstone-Water Treasure. Matripony. Saintly Bernard. Deadwing. Electric-Dark. Or {dark, electric or skull} alone, or with {water}

Cosmic-Water Matripony. Saintly Bernard. Earth-Electric. Or {earth, electric or valentine} with {anything but fire, water, dark, or halloween}

Electric-Dark Treasure. Rocking Horse. Treent. Shamrock. Caturn. Melodeer. Saintly Bernard. Deadwing. Or any combination of the following elements: {fire, earth, cosmic, music, service, skull}

Gemstone-Dark Treasure. Swan Prince. Trick-or-Treent. Treent. Caturn. Egyptian. Dark-Fire. Or {dark or fire} with {anything but nature, earth or gemstone}

Living Wood-Dark Swan Prince. Treasure. Treent. Trick-or-Treent. Caturn. Saintly Bernard. Or {fire, dark, cosmic or service} with anything but {water}

Gemstone-Electric Treasure. Trick-or-Treent. Treent. Shamrock. Melodeer. Egyptian. Skull. Or {dark or music} with {fire, earth or electric}

Last edited by chippychan; 01-22-2016 at 01:27 PM.
Currently playing Fantasy Forest Story, Dragon Story and Bakery Story 2. Feel free to add me if you need neighbors to trade with.

Account ID #1: chippychan (FFS name: Ethereal Refuge)
Account ID #2: LadyRyujin (FFS name: Ethereal Meadow)

Drachenia
02-19-16, 08:16 PM

RD.1 Jingle Shells Epic electrical strongly, fire critical win against Winter Wolverine LVL 1
RD.2 Golden Retriever Epic gems strongly, gems critical win against Bahnsheep LVL 1
RD.5 Toronado Epic lost, Magnetic Mouse Epic electrical, electrical critical win against Hydro Yak LVL 7
RD.6 Prize Pony LVL 11 lost, Storm Sphinx LVL 10 electrical, nature critical win against Slippopotamus LVL 6

LauraGSJK
02-19-16, 08:44 PM
Is there a way to delete your own post? I made a mistake & can't get rid of this. Sorry for the multiple posts everyone. *embarrassed* :o

LauraGSJK
02-19-16, 08:50 PM
Why is this Sheriff pig wearing a princess dress? XD

It looks like a jacket to me. What device are you using? My iPad gives a much clearer view than my phone or iPod would. Take care!

jim23cash
02-20-16, 02:33 AM
Does anyone know why some posters write out the entire list (1-18/1-30), before they've reached those levels? I don't mean the people that only number the rounds. I don't know about you all, but it throws me off when I'm looking for help on what people have used to beat those levels. (Maybe I'm just dumber than everyone else :o)
They go back and "EDIT" their posts, and fill in the list as they beat each round. It's just a place saver. :D Annie

jim23cash
02-20-16, 02:37 AM
Round 8 - Smitten Kitten
I used Christmas, and it was WEAK. SERVICE was strong.
I beat it with Saintly Bernard, S,S,C
The battleground thread has this listed wrong.
Good luck everyone! :D Annie

mellika
02-20-16, 05:43 AM
Round 8 - Smitten Kitten
I used Christmas, and it was WEAK. SERVICE was strong.
I beat it with Saintly Bernard, S,S,C
The battleground thread has this listed wrong.
Good luck everyone! :D Annie

Same here. Christmas was weak against valentine. I hope Annie is right and this is just a mistake in the charts and not the beginnings of a change in the battle lineup from S8.

Sandybellee
02-20-16, 09:18 AM
This tourney is not going too well for me so far. Multiple losses in the early rounds and now stuck on the Smitten Kitten...

ninasidstorm8
02-20-16, 09:24 AM
This tourney is not going too well for me so far. Multiple losses in the early rounds and now stuck on the Smitten Kitten...

I recommend Electric/Earth against the Smitten Kitten. Electric is Strong against Valentine (Neutral against Fire) and Earth is Strong against Fire (Neutral against Valentine).

Sandybellee
02-20-16, 09:31 AM
I recommend Electric/Earth against the Smitten Kitten. Electric is Strong against Valentine (Neutral against Fire) and Earth is Strong against Fire (Neutral against Valentine).

Thanks, I will try Terradactyl next. So far I've lost a few times with Aquarius and Glacial Griffin.

Edit: It worked! The kitty went down! :)

ninasidstorm8
02-20-16, 10:21 AM
Thanks, I will try Terradactyl next. So far I've lost a few times with Aquarius and Glacial Griffin.

Edit: It worked! The kitty went down! :)

Glad it worked.

MaribouMay
02-20-16, 10:24 AM
Same here. Christmas was weak against valentine. I hope Annie is right and this is just a mistake in the charts and not the beginnings of a change in the battle lineup from S8.

I had the same experience and then recalled it happening in the last tournament too.

silverybunny
02-20-16, 05:48 PM
Ok this my be a very silly question but here it goes. I play DS and just recently started this one I am up to lvl 17 so have not done a tournament here. Is there a formula for figuring out who to go up against who like DS? I also use a battle calculator on an off site is there one of these fro FFS?

ninasidstorm8
02-20-16, 06:36 PM
Ok this my be a very silly question but here it goes. I play DS and just recently started this one I am up to lvl 17 so have not done a tournament here. Is there a formula for figuring out who to go up against who like DS? I also use a battle calculator on an off site is there one of these fro FFS?

No Battle Calculator. See this thread for information
http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?83277-Battlegrounds-amp-Tournaments-Strategy-Guide-amp-Discussion

LauraGSJK
02-20-16, 06:43 PM

Not a silly question at all. You may want to refer to page 3 on this thread. It has a partial listing of many suggested animals & elements to use. For a complete chart, you may want to use this link: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread....amp-Discussion. The chart was made by Chippychan, & I find it extremely helpful! There are known elements & animals proven to be strong to the element in the opponent you are battling. I also look at other posts to see what animal & element they won with. I've never seen a battle calculator, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.

I hope this answer helps. If you'd like a neighbor that is pretty good about visiting, feel free to add me. Good luck & have fun! :)

I see Nina had already answered your question after I posted this. I believe she gave you the same link I did. She is very knowledgable & helpful

silverybunny
02-20-16, 06:57 PM
Thank you that link does help. I'm only lvl 17 so only have some from first 5 types.

LauraGSJK
02-20-16, 07:22 PM
They go back and "EDIT" their posts, and fill in the list as they beat each round. It's just a place saver. :D Annie

Thank you Annie. I figured that was what they were doing, but I just don't understand the logic behind it. Unless, maybe, they are concerned that their post will get bumped to the next page. Oh well, I'm just very grateful they take the time to post their results!

Drachenia
02-20-16, 09:30 PM

RD.5 Toronado Epic lost, Magnetic Mouse Epic electrical, electrical critical win against Hydro Yak LVL 7
RD.6 Prize Pony LVL 11 lost, Storm Sphinx LVL 10 electrical, nature critical win against Slippopotamus LVL 6
RD.7 Matripony Epic lost, Captain K9 Epic police badge, earth critical win against Wombattery LVL 10
RD.8 Crystal Unicorn Epic crystal, crystal, crystal critical win against Smitten Kitten LVL ?
RD.9 Giving Treent Epic lost, Toronado Epic lost, Wild Wondercat LVL 11 lost, Love Dove Epic valentin, earth, valentin critical win against Psyena LVL 12
RD.10 Bastet Epic lost, Cactus Kitsune Epic lost, Emerald Dragon Epic nature critical, nature critical win against Lullabison LVL 15
RD.11 Love Dove valentin weak, earth, valentin critical win against Porkupine LVL 16
RD.12 Harvest Haorder Epic lost, Station Dalmation Epic fire weak, police badge critical win against Hamrock LVL 18
RD.13 Jingle Shells Epic lost, Rocking Horse Epic lost, Golden Retriever Epic lost, Magnetic Mouse Epic lost, Aquarius Epic lost, Lullabison Epic music critical win against Arboar LVL 18
RD.14 Charger Epic lost, Trick-or-Treent Epic lost, Giving Treent Epic lost, against Ruby Razorback LVL 19

miamimutz
02-21-16, 06:39 AM
How long does it take for the Sheriff egg to hatch?

Sandybellee
02-21-16, 07:24 AM
One naughty ham safely in storage! ;)

I had most of my losses in the first half of the tourney and the second half went pretty smoothly. Won the final round on the first try with Prize Pony. Good luck to everyone still battling!

HappyHeartBakery
02-21-16, 08:27 AM
Thank you Annie. I figured that was what they were doing, but I just don't understand the logic behind it. Unless, maybe, they are concerned that their post will get bumped to the next page. Oh well, I'm just very grateful they take the time to post their results!

Maybe they find it easier to figure out what they are going to use to fight against opponent?
I know I have the chart printed out, but if I wasn't at home or something I wouldn't have the printed chart & my iPad doesn't always let me toggle from one opened app to the next - for example, if I go into FFS and then try to go online to check the chart, when I try to toggle back to FFS, it often will circle thru and restart FFS app. Maybe IF a person writes it all down on their post, then each hour they could go to their post 1st, figure out what animal they want to use to battle (or what elements they want to use), then go into FFS without having to go back and forth and therefore wasting time waiting for game to reset??
Just a guess;)

813vv
02-21-16, 09:12 AM

RD.7 Matripony Epic lost, Captain K9 Epic police badge, earth critical win against Wombattery LVL 10
RD.8 Crystal Unicorn Epic crystal, crystal, crystal critical win against Smitten Kitten LVL ?
RD.9 Giving Treent Epic lost, Toronado Epic lost, Wild Wondercat LVL 11 lost, Love Dove Epic valentin, earth, valentin critical win against Psyena LVL 12
RD.10 Bastet Epic lost, Cactus Kitsune Epic lost, Emerald Dragon Epic nature critical, nature critical win against Lullabison LVL 15
RD.11 Love Dove valentin weak, earth, valentin critical win against Porkupine LVL 16
RD.12 Harvest Haorder Epic lost, Station Dalmation Epic fire weak, police badge critical win against Hamrock LVL 18
RD.13 Jingle Shells Epic lost, Rocking Horse Epic lost, Golden Retriever Epic lost, Magnetic Mouse Epic lost, Aquarius Epic lost, Lullabison Epic music critical win against Arboar LVL 18
RD.14 Charger Epic lost, Trick-or-Treent Epic lost, Giving Treent Epic lost, against Ruby Razorback LVL 19

I jst won it with basic Rock Rhino... Hope it helps...

ninasidstorm8
02-21-16, 09:37 AM
My Rubble Rooster took out the Sheriff of Naughtyham on the 3rd try. An average 18-round tournament for my troops as they finished at 18-15. My worst round was round 15 against the Secret Santler with 4 losses. Another animal that will find a hard time getting out of storage.

Congratulations to the winners and Good Luck to those still battling.

Drachenia
02-21-16, 11:24 AM
I jst won it with basic Rock Rhino... Hope it helps...

Hello , Thank you for your tip . I only have 1 Common animal and that's Pyro Pony .

Drachenia
02-21-16, 11:31 AM

RD.14 Charger Epic lost, Trick-or-Treent Epic lost, Giving Treent Epic lost, Sapphire Cthulhu Epic water critical win against Ruby Razorback LVL 19
RD.15 Saintly Bernard Epic police badge strongly, police badge strongly, police badge critical win against Secret Santler LVL 20

MaribouMay
02-21-16, 01:00 PM
Cannot take down Secret Santler; 6 losses so far. I have used Melodeer and Skeletal Steed (both level 15). I don't have Saintly Bernard. Any other suggestions?

jim23cash
02-21-16, 01:09 PM
Cannot take down Secret Santler; 6 losses so far. I have used Melodeer and Skeletal Steed (both level 15). I don't have Saintly Bernard. Any other suggestions?

RD 15 Secret Santler Recommended fighters--Melodeer. Saintly Bernard. Or {earth, music, service or skull} with {fire, water, or electric}.
This is what the chart recommends. If you don't have music or skull. Try Earth, with fire, water or electric.
Good luck! :D Annie

jojopeanut
02-21-16, 01:14 PM

Try Gretel if you have her I just won with 1 critical hit (water)

natxjkkggg
02-21-16, 01:59 PM
Or ancienth Slot with earth succeed in First try at my Second Account

Drachenia
02-21-16, 02:41 PM

RD.14 Charger Epic lost, Trick-or-Treent Epic lost, Giving Treent Epic lost, Sapphire Cthulhu Epic water critical win against Ruby Razorback LVL 19
RD.15 Saintly Bernard Epic police badge strongly, police badge strongly, police badge critical win against Secret Santler LVL 20
RD.16 Cactus Kitsune Epic lost, Emerald Dragon Epic nature critical, nature strongly win against Harvest Hedgehog LVL 20

LauraGSJK
02-21-16, 04:41 PM
Maybe they find it easier to figure out what they are going to use to fight against opponent?
I know I have the chart printed out, but if I wasn't at home or something I wouldn't have the printed chart & my iPad doesn't always let me toggle from one opened app to the next - for example, if I go into FFS and then try to go online to check the chart, when I try to toggle back to FFS, it often will circle thru and restart FFS app. Maybe IF a person writes it all down on their post, then each hour they could go to their post 1st, figure out what animal they want to use to battle (or what elements they want to use), then go into FFS without having to go back and forth and therefore wasting time waiting for game to reset??

Just a guess;)

Ahhh... That makes total sense! Now I will be able to sleep nights. Thank you Happy! (but why wouldn't they just refer to the main poster, who took the time to write out all the opponents?). Sorry, I was so happy when I read your post, & finally had an answer, then I, unfortunately, had to think of that. Darn me! As I said, I'm very grateful they take the time to post. And I have not seen much of it in this tourney.

Thanks again & take care! :)

vulpesvulpes1
02-21-16, 04:43 PM
Used recommended attacker and still can't get past #14--been trying since last night.
Finally got through but will probably have to accelerate to beat last one

Drachenia
02-21-16, 05:20 PM
To all who are still fighting , good luck . Everyone the tournament finished, Congratulations to the Sheriff of Naughtyham

RD.16 Cactus Kitsune Epic lost, Emerald Dragon Epic nature critical, nature strongly win against Harvest Hedgehog LVL 20
RD.17 Station Dalmation Epic lost, Pyro Pony Epic lost, Giving Treent Epic lost, Golden Retriever Epic lost, Ruby Razorback Epic fire strongly, crystal critical win against Frankenswine LVL 20
RD.18 Aquarius Epic star sign critical win against Sheriff of Naughtyham LVL 20

Animal lost: 22, Animal win: 18

BiggerBubbles
02-21-16, 07:44 PM
Used recommended attacker and still can't get past #14--been trying since last night.

I feel your pain! I must have tried at least 10 times. Treent, Anubis, Treasure, Trick or Treent, all lvl 15. Felt I needed the sheriff to go with the storybook animals, so finally did an ultimate. Haven't had to do that for months. Was just getting so close, only 5 more attempts for free. Good luck. Sorry, I can't recommend anything.

MaribouMay
02-21-16, 09:01 PM
Thank you jim23cash, jojopeanut, and natxjkkggg for your suggestions! I finally got past it and then took down Frankenswine in one round. One more foe to go. :-)

StaceyEder
02-22-16, 12:45 AM
I am level 17 in the game, this is my first tournament! Finally won with an hour to spare :)

Please note - to win I was very lucky and received criticals at least once for all (I made sure to feed twice before entering tournament for luck)

1. Winter Wolverine level 1 - won with Lvl 7 Lightning Leopard
2. Bansheep level 1 - won with Lvl 7 Magmacore
3. Pigmy level 2 - won with Lvl 8 Iciclaw
4. Puffalo level 4 - won with Lvl 7 Ancient Sloth
5. Hydro Yak level 7 - won with Lvl 8 Lightning Leopard
6. Slippopotamus level 9 - won with Lvl 7 Ancient Sloth
7. Wombattery level 10 - won with Lvl 7 Ancient Sloth
8. Smitten Kitten level 12 - won with Lvl 10 Aquatter
9. Psyena level 12 - won with Lvl 9 Lightning Leopard
10. Lullabison level 15 - won with Lvl 8 Little Fawn
11. Porkupine level 16 - won with Lvl 8 Magmacore
12. Hamrock level 18 - won with Lvl 10 Lightning Leopard
13. Arboar level 18 - won with Lvl 10 Matripony
14. Ruby Razorback level 19 - won with Lvl 9 Iciclaw
15. Secret Santler level 20 - won with Lvl 8 Magmacore
16. Harvest Hedgehog level 20 - won with Lvl 10 Aquatter
17. Frankenswine level 20 - won with lvl 9 Fallaby
18. Sheriff of Naughtyham level 20 - won with lvl 9 Iciclaw

Hope you all achieved before timer! :)

natxjkkggg
02-22-16, 01:26 AM
Very, very hard competition to get him.Many more losses than wins especially at the Last 6 rounds.

HappyHeartBakery
02-22-16, 06:57 AM
Ahhh... That makes total sense! Now I will be able to sleep nights. Thank you Happy! (but why wouldn't they just refer to the main poster, who took the time to write out all the opponents?). Sorry, I was so happy when I read your post, & finally had an answer, then I, unfortunately, had to think of that. Darn me! As I said, I'm very grateful they take the time to post. And I have not seen much of it in this tourney.

Thanks again & take care! :)

You're welcome - glad to help anyone be able to sleep;).
We often are blessed with the charts on the 1st post (with details of what elements each opponent is as well as what elements are good & bad to use against it). This is not always the case - for obvious life reasons (& some of us, like myself, don't have the computer talents to figure out how to post the darn chart😜). In this tournament, the first post lists animals & what they used to win against them. SO helpful! But, I don't know about you, but I don't always remember off the top of my head what elements an animal has by looking at the name. I think that puts us back to my original thoughts - helpful for more quickly getting thru battles.
I know I live by the charts in battles, & when stuck, I always wander thru the post to get some ideas of what worked for others. Hopefully someone finds my recording of what worked for me helpful for them too. And often it's just nice to help ease the frustration of the randomness of the battleground at times😃