PDA

View Full Version : What feature of DS do you like most?

Anaboe
02-13-16, 04:20 AM
Dragon Story has a lot of different features, that allows a lot of different gaming-styles.

To some, it's going after some type of dragons, to others it's about decorations, and others like to display as many different dragons at possible.

To me, it's about collecting: having as many Unique dragons as possible, even tho I don't have the room to display them: I have over 150 dragon-eggs in storage.

And since breeding a new dragon is so hard when you already have over 500 Unique-dragons, I'm very glad there are lots of different ways to gains new dragon: Tales, World Events, Mining, Tournaments, Arena. It's a good mix, that requires a lot of tactics and planning.

Also, I'm glad I have 5 Gold-giving dragons, they make sure I always have enough gold to buy me that difficult round during a tournament, and even some more, to sve me from a mistake in a Tale, or even buy a new dragon that's on sale.

What feature do you like most?

zaccy678
02-13-16, 04:38 AM
I like Spin to Wins!
I don't always win, but its the only chance to get old dragons I've missed for free!
I also like the mining dragons, and mining generally.

I can't win tourneys and I find the Tales and Events too stressful :eek:

kasumi2012
02-13-16, 05:02 AM
When Gold Giving Dragon on Sale. That's the feature i do like most.
I hope S8 make for this sale monthly.

:eek:

Anaboe
02-17-16, 01:23 PM
Too bad there aren't more people replying, I would love to hear your thoughts!

blackeneddove
02-17-16, 01:57 PM
I love how easy it is to make friends on DS. It's easy to add nbrs and to communicate with them from within the game. Not every social game is so...social. Unless you use Facebook that is. That is such a turn off to me when games make you log into Facebook for rewards, or to add friends, especially when you need friends on the game to progress or to get certain items. I LOVE Dragon Story for not doing that. And I've made a few really great friends from playing this game. :)

Also, I like the anticipation of knowing there's usually a new dragon released on Tuesday and finally getting to see what it is. I know many feel there are too many new dragons because it's impossible/difficult to breed them all in time (I haven't gotten several of the limited ones), but it is still exciting to me to see what is coming next. ;)

What else...Oh! Tournaments. I love tournaments - winning dragons is the best! Except when they make them too hard to win (20 + losses on one dragon), then I just get frustrated and want to throw my phone and never open the game again! LOL
But when the game gods make the odds decently in the players favor, tournaments are SUPER fun. :cool:

I would say I like spin-to-win, and usually I do, but I never get dragons on spins anymore. And if I do, I get ones that you can breed or that I have already bred. This wheel, I've gotten a Rose dragon, which I breed incessantly (really S8? - Rare dragons still available by breeding on the wheel?? what the heck. :/) & a Leftheart dragon, which I had already bred two of. The ones I don't have are the ones I don't get. lol

But concept of spin-to-win is awesome, when you actually win. LOL :D It mostly tests my patience. But I try to enjoy it even when I don't get new dragons. :)

World events & Tales are also super fun. Mainly, my favorite thing about DS is seeing the new cool dragons pop-up (whether limited breed, spin-to-win, event, or tales) and talk to my BFF neighbor (who I met through the game) about "did you see the new dragon?! We've got to get it!" :D LOL DS gives me something new to look forward to at least once or twice a week, and that's why I've continued to play this game. That and my friends I've made through DS. :)

blackeneddove
02-17-16, 02:02 PM
Top bad there aren't more people replying, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Anaboe - maybe you can get a Mod to change the title of the thread? The wording is a little misleading. :) I think more people would comment. It's a great thread!

Niire
02-17-16, 05:54 PM
Hmm...I pretty much like everything about DS. Except the message wall...but I am like that on every game I play. :p I love visiting neighbors, when I have the time, to see how they set their isles up. Sadly, that's rare for me, as I play 7 S8 games, and have a ton of neighbors on each. <3

I love being able to help folks out over here on the forums, being able to chat in general. This is a great community! :D

The feeling of getting that dragon you've been trying for...or beating that dragon in the tourney that you've been trying to...finally getting a dragon you wanted up to epic...decorating an area just as you wanted. The events are great, can be frustrating as all get out, but great. Collecting as many uniques as possible is also great.

I do wish droid users could have access to the album and arctic isles. I do plan on getting an IPad sometime, but yah, it'd be nice, lol. :)

These types of games are awesome, due to RL issues, I am home alot, and have limited mobility...I can log on anytime I want, get my gold, feed some hungry babies, do arena, etc. It's definitely a cure for my boredom.

Anywho, yeah I love this game, and out of all I play, this is the one I am willing to spend some rl money on when I have some extra. Thanks for a grrrreat game!! :D

Clark_Wayne
02-18-16, 06:37 AM
i like my 11 treasure dragons the most :D

Anaboe
02-18-16, 09:45 AM
Anaboe - maybe you can get a Mod to change the title of the thread? The wording is a little misleading. :) I think more people would comment. It's a great thread!

Mmm, maybe you're right, but I don't know what it should be. Do you have a suggestion?

blackeneddove
02-18-16, 09:55 AM
Mmm, maybe you're right, but I don't know what it should be. Do you have a suggestion?

It seems like a few words are missing. Like it was supposed to say "What features of Dragon Story do you like most?" Or maybe "What features of the game do you like most?" Not sure, but it just seems like a few words accidentally got left out. :confused:;)

amerirish
02-18-16, 11:42 AM
I know it's corny, but my favorite part is right here in the forums, discussing the game and strategies with the community :D

In the actual game, I love that thrill you get when you realize you've just bred the dragon you were trying for. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened much for me lately :( While I appreciate the sale prices on new dragons being really low lately, it's kind of a buzz **** to buy an egg instead of accomplishing it by breeding IMHO.

I also really, really enjoy the Tales events. However, I probably wouldn't even try to do one if I couldn't come here to read the steps ahead of time. Love all my DS buddies!

belbar22
02-18-16, 03:27 PM
This is a great question and the only reason I have not replied earlier was because I wasn't sure what to say.

i have been playing almost from the beginning and am definitely totally addicted, but to be honest I am not sure why. I find the tournaments a bit of a time drain but play because I can't let a tournament go by without winning the dragon. I am always happy to spend gold speeding up rounds and destroying champions in the later rounds if required.

I find the world events a bit boring really because all you need to do is collect stuff and as long as you put the time in you will win all the prizes.

I hate mining but like winning the dragons as they are usually really cool looking.

I mostly like the tales events because there are a variety of things to do, although I am not sure I would like doing them if I didn't get all the info about what I need to do to complete them from the other players on this forum.

I love breeding new dragons but it is a rare occurrence these days.

I love the fact that you get so many free dragons from playing the various elements of the game.

I love my gold giving dragons because it has really taken the stress out of playing. I always have enough gold to buy new dragons and skip things when I want to. I never speed stuff up though.

I think the spin the wheel is an added bonus and the only prize I hate is getting coins cos maps and apples are always useful.

Really what I am trying to say is that there is nothing in particular that I love but as a whole package of features there is enough to keep me interested.

fhjigfrf
02-18-16, 08:28 PM
I like the variety of dragons and habitats. I'm slowly trying to make my island pretty.

I like the different kinds of events - tournaments, mining dragons, spin wheel, tales, world events - because it keeps the game from getting boring.

Anaboe
02-19-16, 05:32 AM
Wow, belbar! I could have been the one writing that! I so agree with you!

Anaboe
02-19-16, 05:34 AM
It seems like a few words are missing. Like it was supposed to say "What features of Dragon Story do you like most?" Or maybe "What features of the game do you like most?" Not sure, but it just seems like a few words accidentally got left out. :confused:;)

Lol, seems like you're right :) I think I also have to blame auto-correct for that one :) Let me see if I can find a moderator!

kooky panda
02-19-16, 11:33 AM
Lol, seems like you're right :) I think I also have to blame auto-correct for that one :) Let me see if I can find a moderator!

Title changed! Thanks for the PM.