PDA

View Full Version : Since the new update this week...

JSEclipse
02-12-16, 12:47 PM
Since the new update earlier this week: Feb 10, 2016, my version of Restaurant Story has been doing odd things.

The first problem is with the appliances- whenever I cook a dish, icons displaying ingredients etc. don't disappear and whenever I finish a dish, the completed icon also remains. So, in order for me to cook/complete a dish, I have to click on each appliance to see if I get the timer or a message that says" "serve now?"

The second problem is with my Wall and News tabs, they seem to be perpetually loading which prevents me from answering material requests, messages and tipping back visitors (so my star rating is going down and I am unable to raise it).

I am on BS but the update for that game was fine. This is the first time I have had an issue with an update, so forgive me if i've left out some details. I've restarted my device but it hasn't helped. Any help with these issues would be appreciated.

Thank You.

--Edit Feb 15, 2016---

After some browsing on the forum, I noticed that the daily gems feature going missing was also a bug. I'd just like to report that the feature is also missing from my game.

SparklyOctopus
02-12-16, 02:37 PM
Sorry to hear that! Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that will help?

JSEclipse
02-13-16, 12:06 PM
Sorry to hear that! Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling to see if that will help?

Hi, I just wanted to follow up. Thank you for the advice- I tried it twice but the problems are still there.

kristinadc
02-14-16, 03:58 AM
Hi,
After this week update i cant normally enter in my RS, it says 'processing' every time i try to serve food,or when i just try to enter the game,and i have to turn off my phone, and after that works fine again. It happens few times a day, i dont know what to do!?! I dont want to turn my phone every few hours...:(
Is there anything else please help
And,my free gems icon has disappeared:((( too.
Only happens on RS, i play Bakery aswell,everything fine there.
Please let me know what to do...
Thank you;

VernC1023
02-14-16, 05:25 AM
Same exact thing happening to me as kristinadc....🤔

Rynetory2
02-14-16, 07:15 AM
Hi, I just wanted to follow up. Thank you for the advice- I tried it twice but the problems are still there.

Sorry about that. Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

Rynetory2
02-14-16, 07:16 AM
Hi,
After this week update i cant normally enter in my RS, it says 'processing' every time i try to serve food,or when i just try to enter the game,and i have to turn off my phone, and after that works fine again. It happens few times a day, i dont know what to do!?! I dont want to turn my phone every few hours...:(
Is there anything else please help
Thank you;

Same exact thing happening to me as kristinadc....��

Can you try this suggestion by SparklyOctopus and see if it works? Thanks.

kooky panda
02-14-16, 09:20 AM
Hi,

Thank you;

The video feature has been reported.
Current thread for this :

http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?89049-Daily-gems-gone

JSEclipse
02-17-16, 08:01 PM
Sorry about that. Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

Hi, I just wanted to follow up with your suggestion- I sent an email yesterday to support. Do I need to fill out a second email with details or should I wait until I get a response?

cccjc
02-17-16, 09:11 PM
I have the same issue, icons won't disappear, when attempting to download friend lists, must leave the game to make it work; very annoying.

blueyellow
02-18-16, 01:17 AM
Same exact thing happening to me .

Rynetory2
02-18-16, 03:03 AM
Hi, I just wanted to follow up with your suggestion- I sent an email yesterday to support. Do I need to fill out a second email with details or should I wait until I get a response?

If you have more details to add to your initial email, I would suggest that you just go ahead and email those details using the email with your ticket number, without waiting for response. This way, Support will have all the details when they investigate. No harm in giving more details. :)

Rynetory2
02-18-16, 03:06 AM
I have the same issue, icons won't disappear, when attempting to download friend lists, must leave the game to make it work; very annoying.

Same exact thing happening to me .

Can you try this suggestion by SparklyOctopus and see if it works? Thanks.

DragonWished
02-18-16, 11:57 AM
Do we have any sense of the timeline for resolution?

I sent my first email to support on Feb 10 and two follow up reports on the 12th and 16th. There has been additional degradation to my account so I'm getting ready to submit a 4th email if that's what should be done.

Trying hard not to cross the line into being a pest. Just so very frustrated. :-(

If you have more details to add to your initial email, I would suggest that you just go ahead and email those details using the email with your ticket number, without waiting for response. This way, Support will have all the details when they investigate. No harm in giving more details. :)

orleansparish
02-18-16, 01:01 PM
Ive also emailed to NO avail. I have 5 accounts and I couldnt purchase any of the decorations OR gem packages available last week. Because RS doesnt work on any of my accounts. Every other game loads when I do the log in option to switch, except that game. Ive missed out on so much last week and its seriously making me want to delete the game for good.

I also saw a free 20 gems sign on ios IF if I used the facebook option. And then it disappeared. So I cannot get my gems for all the downloads available now on RS. And I cant gift, cook or buy any of the new appliances. Im so behind because of this mess. I dont know what made them think this would be cute, but didnt they read the comments about facebook the last time on RS2?

No one cares about connecting to the game through that site. WHY did we need that option, when the TL/Storm8 servers saved our progress and info anyways?

There is this game I play thats very similar to the Story games. Sadly, if we EVER delete the game, for space or whatnot and try to download it again, all of our progress is deleted. We have to go through a very tedious process to get our old game back. Most of the time it doesnt work. They offer you a similar gem amount that you have had before and you have to start over again.

Is this what will happen on these games too? They wont save our progress so we need facebook to do it for us? I really hope not. Ive been playing for 5 years and have put thousands into this game, to have to deal with this type of newbie stupidity. They've been doing this for far too long to have these types of amateur mistakes occur.

deekathleen
02-18-16, 04:38 PM
I will not play anymore either if we have to connect to Facebook. I despise facebook.

ElaineCarrel
02-18-16, 07:51 PM
I hate Facebook and I use it only to check on out of state family members and for a camp I help out at for 1wk every summer. I joined the RS group which was a mistake so I don't even go to that pg anymore. I'll give up storm8 games if I must.

Rynetory2
02-18-16, 09:31 PM
Do we have any sense of the timeline for resolution?

I sent my first email to support on Feb 10 and two follow up reports on the 12th and 16th. There has been additional degradation to my account so I'm getting ready to submit a 4th email if that's what should be done.

Trying hard not to cross the line into being a pest. Just so very frustrated. :-(

Nope, you're definitely not getting pesky about this. As a fellow player, I can totally relate to those frustrations and had my share of it.

What you did by adding more details were very helpful. I am very sorry that you havent hear from Support yet. I think this might take longer than usual since these issues had affected more players. Rest assured that all the issues have been reported to the team. They had resolved some of them in the various bugs threads. I saw that you had pm Kooky your ticket number and Kooky has acted on it. You should be hearing from Support soon. Once again, so sorry that you and others are having so many game issues at the moment. :(

freesiawoods
02-19-16, 02:57 AM
I am also locked out of my game and support hasn't responded. Thankfully I can access it from my hubby's ipad for some reason. The app got updated today but the problem remains! It is shocking that they made this change that has affected so many players and never said a word.

As for Facebook, I use it to connect with friends but would never want to bother them with updates on my gaming life!

orleansparish
02-19-16, 06:29 AM
I am also locked out of my game and support hasn't responded. Thankfully I can access it from my hubby's ipad for some reason. The app got updated today but the problem remains! It is shocking that they made this change that has affected so many players and never said a word.

As for Facebook, I use it to connect with friends but would never want to bother them with updates on my gaming life!

I know, right?! I dont even check in to see pics of my super cute niece anymore, because all I see are requests for this, that and the other. Its beyond annoying.

deekathleen
02-19-16, 07:38 AM
I will absolutely not go onto facebook to access this game. I use the block updates about games from those that show up in my news feed. And that is the once a month I even look at Facebook. None of my friends on Facebook are going to play this game. Some of us that play are not 14 year old girls with 600 people on our friends list. I will absolutely not ever add strangers just for a game either.

Debs4090
03-02-16, 04:57 PM
I do use Facebook to play games on & would like to see this game a available on there as many of my gaming friends on there want to play RS & BS but can't because they only have desktop or laptop computers, no iPads or tablets & for many trying to play on a smartphone screen is very hard & they prefer laptop/desktop screen size.

I've been playing about 3 years or so & loved the games but recently each update breaks more than it fixes or adds to the game & Android players appear to get much faster fixes than iOS players do. I lost count of how many months we had to wait for the gift back option to be fixed on iOS yet Android was fixed in a matter of 2-3 weeks.