PDA

View Full Version : Uh huh....

Mr. Mayor
08-14-10, 04:05 PM
So, at level 29 in Farm Story, the highest expansion available to me will cost $300,000.

I am only a LEVEL EIGHT in City Story, and the highest expansion costs FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Does anyone else see something VERY wrong here? Getting money quick in this game is far, far slower than in Farm Story. And to make matters worse, the experience necessary to accumulate even $100,000 will surely push me up several more levels. If the cost keeps going up by $100,000 amounts (it may even be doubling), I will hit 700K expansions before I can even pay for a 100K one!

Expansions should not be something that you have to devote every single scrap of land towards getting. This ruins the whole point of a game like this: To have fun. I hate to say this, but this game may be scourged with the bane of most all Storm8 games: Camping.
Assuming I make $10,000 a day (conservative estimate), and I continue to earn this much every day, it will take me 10 days to get 100K. The combined price of all expansions available to me is $700,000. This translates to a "camping" time of at most SEVENTY DAYS (probably less, but most likely not less than 50 or 40). Within a week, I will have my current land filled up with roads, stores, houses, and parks. Then I will have nothing to do but log in once or twice a day to collect a contract and start a new one. To make matters worse, I may be facing one-million-plus expansions before I can buy even the $400k one. People may then say: Just don't buy the expansions, but that will only lead to the above scenario: a full city, with nothing to do but harvest money from cleaned buildings and factory contracts.

It seems that in most Storm8 games, experience is a bad thing. One must have all the necessary income/defense/whatever before one should even think of getting more experience. So if expansion prices are lowered, and perhaps experience needed to level is raised, then there will be no need to feel like you have to stave off leveling before you've earned enough cash.
In the meantime, this game is fun, until you look at the "Enhancements" page. O.o

Unregistered
08-14-10, 09:43 PM
I wouldn't mind the $ so much if, like most similar games, we could get bucks via apps/offers.
Devs? Is this coming soon?

Daniel922866
08-15-10, 06:02 AM
When you understand how factories are working you can make a lot of money. Pay attention to the KEYS and look what does mean ;o) I found it out yesterday and from this time I start to make money.

Also pay attention what you can do with cleaned houses in your city :o) This I found out while reading posts in this forum.

I also play FarmStory and I'm on level 75 for weeks and I have millions of coins. What I can say about this game is, that it was to easy to grow with levels. I like more how it is by CityStory now because you can plan quite good without to loose satisfaction.

Funkytown
08-17-10, 04:12 PM
Keep the factorys running 24/7 and buy as many as possible as early as possible focussing on short term contracts first until you earn four keys before going for longer contracts, unless you go away or sleep of course.
Get lots of neighbors, and leave short messages to them. This increases the frequency at which your sparkles are updated.
Keep harvesting sparkles, if you max out you cant acquire anymore until you collect them.
Maximize your building count, you can't collect sparkles on open space.
If you are not harvesting sparkles or doing contracts, make new neighbors or keep old ones happy.
Don't eat sleep or work.
Thats all. :-)

Hawk 8
08-17-10, 05:32 PM
Keep the factorys running 24/7 and buy as many as possible as early as possible focussing on short term contracts first until you earn four keys before going for longer contracts, unless you go away or sleep of course.
Get lots of neighbors, and leave short messages to them. This increases the frequency at which your sparkles are updated.
Keep harvesting sparkles, if you max out you cant acquire anymore until you collect them.
Maximize your building count, you can't collect sparkles on open space.
If you are not harvesting sparkles or doing contracts, make new neighbors or keep old ones happy.
Don't eat sleep or work.
Thats all. :-)

And that is all you need to know! Thanks for the run down.