PDA

View Full Version : Share your cool dragon names!

Jagger517
02-10-16, 09:52 PM
What funny / cool / clever names have you given your dragons?

[Note that I'm talking about names YOU choose, not the default ones. Although some of them are pretty cool, too!]

I've decided that the Dame of Darkness is Harley, and the Lord of Light will be Quinn. [Harley Quinn, she's from Batman comics and games.] Jack is Jax. Lunar Ram is Ramsey. Genie is I Dream Of.

... Huh, I guess maybe I'm not as clever and witty as I thought!

Still, anyone else wanna share theirs?

Niire
02-10-16, 10:59 PM
My magic dragon's name is Puff, and dapper dragon's name is Dan. I named a bunch after characters from the BBC version of Merlin, LOTR, etc too. Tigerfly is Tigger, and most, if not all of the cat looking ones are named after my 4 babies in one way or another. In fact, my island name is Tipple Isle...Tipple is one of the about 15 nicknames I have for my Norwegian Forest rescue, Tippy. :D

oh and my fruitful's name is Waddles. :p

Bastiaan0
02-11-16, 10:44 AM
I only renamed my gold giving dragons, because I ended up with like 3 Blings and 4 Troves...
I named them after (ye) old dutch coins and notes: Oortje, Kwartje, Daalder, Knaak, Cent, Duppie, Stuiver, Gulden, Meier, Joetje and Geeltje.
Goldleaf's name is Joetje, as a 'joetje' was a blue note and Northstar's name is Oortje, because I spend my last 'oortje' on that dragon. Well ok, not the very last, I still remember I had exactly 1 (yes: one) gold left :) But I thought it was quite appropiate, actually.
The rest of the names was given randomly.

PinkBubbles75
02-11-16, 04:38 PM
Some of my mine are named after characters from an anime called Fairy Tail. My Fire dragon is Igneel, Firestorm is Natsu, Starlight is Lucy, Blue Moon is Juvia, Nouveau is Levy, Darksteel is Gajeel, Aether is Jellal, Lightning is Laxus, Sorcerer is Mystogan, Fairy is Mavis, Cloud is Wendy, Bride of Franken is Mirajane, and Beast is Elfman. I wonder what dragons would fit for Gray (even though my Disco dragon's name is Gray but I might change it) and Erza.

I think I might've gotten carried away, sorry lol

Niire
02-11-16, 06:10 PM
My sister used to play that game too! :) I recognize a few names off that list, but never played myself.

I forgot...Nouveau is Rarity and Cupcake is PinkyPie. Pretty sure most folks know what that's from (another nugget from my sister, lol). And, Timmah...my underworld dragon...

I also name duplicates trade, of course they pretty much get evolved once then traded. I love the idea of adding the timers next to their names, that's brilliant.

Jagger517
02-11-16, 06:25 PM
I also name duplicates trade, of course they pretty much get evolved once then traded. I love the idea of adding the timers next to their names, that's brilliant.

I do both of those things! Dupes are named "Trade", and everybody's name ends in -XX where XX is how long they take to evolve. So my Dame of Darkness is named "Harley-3", while my dupe Night is named "Trade-23".

I just added the evolve timers to everyone's name in the past week, and it has REALLY made evolving easier and more efficient.

Niire
02-11-16, 06:38 PM
I think I am going to do that too...sadly, some will need renaming (argg the name limit, lol). I have, umm, alooooot of dragons. And strep throat. So this project could take a couple of days. :p

Update..It took a couple of hours, while babysitting upgrapes. :) I figured there's no use in doing the level 10 and higher group, so I tagged ll the youngins and left them alone. I didn't have a firm concept on just how many level 10 plus I have! (mostly 10's...the dragon tales required, and a 13 diamond and an 11 fire are the only ones not DT related, lol).

Supervixen78
02-12-16, 11:51 AM
My Pirate Dragon is named ****ian after Captain Hook on Once Upon a Time. My Bat Dragon is Bruce for Bruce Wayne. And I name my duplicates "Trade" too.

cazile81
02-12-16, 12:38 PM
I named my Super dragon Kal-El which is Clark Kent's birth name from the planet Krypton and Neverending dragon Falcor from the Neverending Story.

Supervixen78
02-13-16, 04:28 PM
I named my Super dragon Kal-El which is Clark Kent's birth name from the planet Krypton and Neverending dragon Falcor from the Neverending Story.

I named my Super dragon Cal-El too, lol! Though I wasn't sure of the spelling, but I like it with the C.

My Wizard is Merlin, Luck is Charming, the Sweater dragon is Kozie, Devil dragon is Diablo, Poinsettia dragon is Krissmas, Sunrise dragon is Morgan (German for morning), Cursed Idol is Baelfire (another Once Upon a Time character), Fuzzy dragon is Wuzzy, Black Cat is Salem, and my Genie dragon is Alibaba.

I'm really not that creative, lol.

blueangel826
02-15-16, 09:03 AM
I rename them the type they are. Boring for all of you creative players! Would love to add time BUT Android players are limited to 8 characters for the name! ! It sucks when long names have to be abbreviated! VERY unfair to those of us who don't have iPhones, iPads, or any other iThings! I have the new Samsung Galaxy S6 BUT still 8 characters since it's ANDROID. Why are we limited? Does Apple own Storm8?

roguebee
02-15-16, 09:29 AM
I play on an iPhone and I have the same 8 character name restriction you are complaining about.

OzFamily
02-15-16, 10:02 AM
My kids name the dragons. Our Super is Kal-El and Magic is Puff, too. Off the top of my head, Wizard is Harry, one of the three-headed ones (it looks like it has three dog heads) is Fluffy, Explorer is Dora, Warrior Princess is Diana, Virtue is Floyd, and Atlantis is Arthur.

Edit: Forgot my favorite- the Rainbow Sentinel is Rambow!

mathair
02-15-16, 08:18 PM
I name all of the dragons I am going to keep "Erik" because I am a huge Python fan. If they have their computer name I know they are extras that can be traded.